One of America's leading bridal stores is now on the World Wide Web. Pearl's Place - a Full Service Bridal Store is a vendor and source for every major bridal manufacturer in the industry. We invite all local area brides to view the absolutely largest selection of bridal designers in the region, in our store. Remember, Pearl's Place is one of the major bridal, prom and special occasion stores in the country.

3114 Severn Ave, Metairie, LA

Wedding Dress

Reviewed on 5/13/2014 Rachel A

Pearl's Place is fairly easy to find, just off a major highway and open seven days a week. There selection is ginormous and their attendants are friendly and know their stuff. They have decent prices, are willing to negotiate and alterations are included in the price. However,... Read More they are always busy! Be prepared to spend the better part of your day there!

2015-08-19T12:18:11 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much for your comments, we try to work very hard for all of our customers, bridal or any others. Just as we have for nearly 46 years. Thanks for those comments.

My experience with Pearls Place

Reviewed on 12/09/2014 Catherine L

I had a wonderful experience at Pearls Place each time I went. The staff welcomes you at the door with a smile! The sales person, Ruth, listened to what I wanted and pulled many beautiful gowns to try on. I ended up getting the first dress I tried! I was so excited--all the... Read More sales reps were cheering for me when I found my dress! They were so sweet, happy, and professional! My dress came in two monthes after I ordered! I met the owner this time and she was so sweet and told me how beautiful I looked in my dress! She made me feel special the way you want to feel when you get your dress! A new sales rep. helped me find my veil! She pulled all the veils I wanted to try and was very sweet! I ended up buying my veil from there as well! Pearl Place is busy (which is good) that means they are doing something right! Their prices are AWESOME, service is great, and building is clean! I saw many negative complaints on the knot about pearls place before I went--that I almost backed out of going--MY ADVICE TO YOU IS GO! Do not let anything negative that someone writes discourage you. I am SO happy I did not change my mind. The price of my gown at pearls was over 700 less than another store! Pearls is wonderful! GO, GO, GO! My hometown is 2 hours away from Pearls! Well worth it!

Finally Found It..

Reviewed on 2/23/2014 Courtney H

Michelle at Pearl's Place was such a wonderful help! She helped me find my perfect dress that I have been searching high and low for. The store was getting ready to close and she did not care, she helped me anyways. We did not feel rushed by her and I was finally able to say YES... Read More to MY dress! She accessorized it perfectly and I loved everything she suggested! Thank you so much Michelle!!

Reviewed on 5/17/2016 Lisa K

My dress from there was stunning and affordable. I popped in there without an appointment to try on dresses and had 3 girls drop what they were doing to help me. They were friendly and made my experience special. From there I found them to be somewhat difficult to deal with. I... Read More had a hard time getting someone to call me back and my dress came in late (which they gave me attitude about) and wasn't ready the day it was supposed to. They did solve the problems efficiently I just didn't like how I felt like it was my fault things weren't done on time. But sometimes people just have a bad day, so I would still recommend them because their dresses are beautiful and priced well. Just make sure you have plenty of time before your wedding!

Reviewed on 5/16/2016 Maria Elena M

I looked all around the state of Louisiana to find THE dress and found it here. I absolutely love my dress. The reason I am only giving 4 stars is because of how tricky it was to work with them. Here goes: 1) They guarantee free alterations but in reality it's singular...not... Read More plural. You only get one alteration, that's why it's free. 2) They ask you to setup an appointment for your alteration and fittings. There are no appointments. You have to show up the day you commit to at least 1.5hrs before they open. Someone happened to tell me about it so I didn't have any issues thanks to that, but a lot of other women did. I live 3.5hrs away from Metairie so my mom and I decided to stay the night before and show up nice and early. Thank goodness it worked out each time because I was always the 2nd one there...can't imagine how long the girl before me had been there. After the 4th person things start to fall apart pretty quickly in the shop so show up early. It's worth it! 3) You have to call a week before your wedding and ask them to steam your dress. Not sure if this is how it works everywhere but as a business professional I would think they would take the initiative on this front and be proactive about it. Because isn't that what customer service is all about? Overall, a lot of waiting but expect to find an amazing collection of dresses. It's so worth it.

2016-05-17T08:16:32 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your comments. I want to comment on alterations. As the only store in our area that even does alterations on Saturday's we are very, very busy. We are trying to add more alteration fitters to our staff to lessen the wait on... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/16/2016

We made an appointment here against the advice of numerous people. My sister is LDS and needed a modest dress. She found several dresses in the Allure Modest line and according to Allure's website, Pearl's was the only place close to us that carried that line. We made our... Read More appointment for 11:30 on a Saturday. We arrived at 11:20 and signed in. We were told to have a seat and wait. (We ended up standing since the only place to sit was where brides were trying on dresses and the seats were occupied by family members of said brides.) My sister overheard the staff mumbling that they didn't know why someone scheduled appointments between 11 -12 because they "can never get to them." We finally got a stylist at 12:15...45 minutes after our appointment was supposed to start. My sister showed her pictures of the dresses she liked and the stylist promptly told us they didn't carry that line. When we told her that Allure's Website and their own website said they carry it, she told us "We carry the Allure line, but not all of the Allure line." We should have left then, but she said she could put my sister in a couple of dresses that the modest line dresses were based on so we stayed. BIG mistake. The two dresses she pulled were no where near what she wanted. (I had the Allure website up on my phone and what the website said the modest dress was based on was NOT what this girl was showing us.) The stylist could clearly see my sister's frustration and told her "look, there just isn't a demand for modest dresses so we don't carry them." I told my sister to get dressed and we left. I felt like this stylist gave up on making a sale when she saw what my sister wanted and didn't even try to show her anything that could possibly be altered. We went to The Bridal Boutique by Maeme's and worked with Hillary. She knew exactly what my sister needed and was able to pull dresses that were VERY close to what she needed & wanted. The customer service we received from them was heads and tails above what we received at Pearl's. They even took her to their computer and pulled up the Venus Temple line and showed her dresses they could order for her. We also visited Bustle's and Bows. While they really didn't have anything close to what she wanted, the stylist still tried and was very sweet and helpful.

2016-05-16T14:40:18 Response from the vendor

I have noted your comments and am sorry that we were so busy on that day. We had two consultants that just did not show up and we were short handed. We do not carry in our store the modest gowns but are very aware... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/24/2016 Kelly T

Pearls place has the widest selection of wedding gowns for you to try on. They are a tad bit expensive but these are designer gowns here people! What was rediculous is my dress was 4 sizes too big and had to be altered several times. Before I took my pre-bridal pictures they... Read More gown was still to big but I had no choice I had to take the gown. I asked if I could bring the gown back to be altered after I took pictures and I was assured that I could. Well I did just that and was told my dress could no longer be altered because they don't alter dresses because of weight loss?!?!?! I had a total breakdown. That wasn't it though, my mothers dress, that came in a month after they told her it would was also too big. We picked it up on Feb 2nd, my wedding was on March 18th mind you, and took it home because we had no time to get it altered. We were told that we could bring it back on the allotted days of the week to get fitted. Well we did that and one of the rude ladies said that the paper on the front of the dress said that we should have brought it back on Feb 2nd!!! That was the date we picked it up! I loved my gown it was beautiful and so was my moms. If you want a beautiful dress with a handful of attitude then this is your place. They ladies that actually finds your dress for you are great. It's just the one that is behind the desk for pick up or drop off that was horrible.

Reviewed on 4/15/2016 Lindsey Z

While I didn't find my wedding dress here I did shop here for my dress. Even though it was busy they treated me with respect and took their time fitting me in gowns. I would highly recommend coming during a week day rather than on a Saturday to avoid the crowds. I did come... Read More back and purchase my hair piece, a bracelet, earrings, and my first dance dress. The accessories they have were high quality and they gave me very good prices. I ended up ordering one of their evening wear gowns and getting it altered into a tango dress for our first dance. It worked perfectly and the dress arrived several weeks before the quoted delivery date.

Reviewed on 4/01/2016 Noelle L

Pearl's Place has a great selection of dresses, and I found my dress here, mostly because I had already tried it on at another salon and was ready to purchase it that day. Pearl's Place can seem very chaotic, but their employees are can be very helpful and friendly (I loved the... Read More woman I worked with). However, I had much nicer bridal experiences at the other salons I went to, and I felt like I had little to no privacy while trying on the dresses in their very small dressing rooms. I am also a little disappointed with their alterations team. I was under a tighter alterations schedule, yet would have to continually ask for things to get done that we had discussed at earlier appointments (such as getting cups sewn in- and they were more like pinned on then sewn into my gown). If you want a good selection and are ready to purchase a dress, this is a great salon, but if you want a more personalized bridal experience, go to another salon.

Reviewed on 3/31/2016 Lisa S

I was at Pearl's Place searching for my bridal gown a few times, and had good experiences each time. I did not end up getting my dress there, but that had nothing to do with my experience as it was great. Everyone was friendly and welcoming, including the scheduling process when... Read More I spoke with Jordan. The first time I went was on a Saturday, actually just to look around as I knew it would be busy. Courtney greeted me and was so kind, and I decided to wait and had a great experience with Jessica. I went back weeks later and Pearl's place was so accommodating to squeeze me in when my mom was in town, and also let me come back the next day to show the dress I loved to my friend. They were very patient with me being indecisive, and never pressured me to make a decision, only letting me know about timing to be realistic. On those other occasions I had Kim and Lisa, both very patient and made me feel comfortable. The staff at Pearl's Place take the time to help you, and understand this is a big decision. I will definitely recommend that people go to Pearl's Place, and plan to return for some accessory shopping.

Reviewed on 3/11/2016 Sharanie S

Unfortunately my experience at Pearls place was not as pleasant as my other vendors. I decided to purchase my bridesmaids gown from them. The gowns came in on time however lot of delays with the seamstress cause myself and bridesmaids to be stressed. The staff never took... Read More ownership for their mistakes. For ex. My out of town bridesmaid came to get alterations and dress got lost and was never altered. Of course they never apologized. For her 2nd alteration, we asked questions to the staff and instead of them addressing the concerns we had, they called a male worker to stand and stare at us while we waited for them to find the gown again. The seamstress is by far the rudest I have ever come across. She is very abrupt and rushed 3 of my bridesmaids to take gown that were not altered properly. One bridesmaids got so frustrated with her attitude she took her dress home and got it fixed by another seamstress. They definitely don't go the extra mile. I will never recommend them to a single soul! This was by far my worst and most stressful vendor. Sharanie

Reviewed on 2/29/2016 Kristen L

I went to Pearl's Place because it was recommended by a woman who worked at David's Bridal, I couldn't find what I wanted there so she suggested Pearl's because they have more unique dresses. When I called to make an appointment the lady over the phone told me I did not need one... Read More and said I could jut come in, I felt that was a little strange. When we arrived there the place was a zoo. I had to sign in and I waited aimlessly for 3 hours, they had no waiting area or seats. I finally got sick of wasting my Saturday and got up and left. Not very good customer service, I wasn't even acknowledged, the selection was good from what I saw. I wont go back though.

2016-02-29T16:08:24 Response from the vendor

I am very sorry for your experience. We have been very short handed in our store lately. That is not an excuse but with the untimely passing of one of our very best stylists we are also having to others that have medical leave. We... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/13/2016 Anna B

Pearl's Place is the only bridal shop I visited, and I ended up buying a gown on my first visit. Although, the dressing rooms are far too small, and it's mass chaos on a Saturday, I left feeling satisfied and happy with my purchase. I decided because of my easy experience... Read More finding my wedding gown, that I would go ahead and choose my bridesmaid dresses from there, too. This experience was exceptionally poorer than when I went to choose my gown. We barely got any attention, but I did end up choosing a dress for my girls at Pearl's Place. A word to those who have bridesmaids that live out of town: They advertise "Free Alterations." Alterations are not exactly free - they are rolled into the price. Most of my bridal party lives out of state, so they gave us a small percentage discount on the dresses since they wouldn't be having them altered there. That's the only positive out come of that experience. Fast forward to today - my fitting for my gown: I left in tears! Again, the dressing rooms are far too small! My dress is voluminous and the fabric is delicate. I'm not a big girl, but because of the small dressing rooms, I was basically in fear of ripping the thing while putting it on in such constricted space. Additionally, the dress they ordered for me was probably a size too big. Because of the volume of the skirt and where it falls on my waist, it makes me look about 30 lbs heavier than I am. I am extremely disappointed; this is not at all how I imagined myself on my wedding day. The seamstress just kept repeating to me that there was nothing she could do about it, because of the way the dress was constructed. I will see how it ends up, but I'll probably have to shell out additional money to take it to a more skilled seamstress. I spent $2000 and am not at all happy with the way the dress looks or the customer service. No one seemed to care that I was upset. I was given a very much "deal with it" attitude. I would never recommend Pearl's Place. And if you do go, do not go on a Saturday!

2016-01-14T11:23:09 Response from the vendor

Hello, I am very sorry for any experience problems that you may have had in our store. I want to first respond that we have never, in our 46 years of business, added alteration expense in our pricing. If you compare your gown price anywhere... Read Less Read More

Loved my gown

Reviewed on 1/02/2016 Angell N

I must say my gown was AMAZING !!! My bridesmaids dresses were a great value and elegant . Such a busy bridal shop during alteration time . Best advice call ahead and put your name on the list .... Overall I am pleased with the product and value from our experience .

HORRIBLE SERVICE!!

Reviewed on 12/27/2015 octavia T

The day I went looking for my dress i wasn't treated like a bride like i did at other places. I saw other brides drinking champagne having a bride to be hanger on their door and they even rang a bell when she said yes to the dress...NONE of that was done for me! My dress was... Read More beautiful and they promised me a pick up date and I didn't get my dress until a month after the promise date as if they was only just trying to get a sale. Then the seamstress and another employee had a full blown argument in front of me while she was doing my alterations which was very disrespectful then the seamstress told me my dress was going to be ready one day but when i went to pick it up on the date my ticket stated it would be ready it wasn't ready until the day before my wedding when i couldn't even try it on to get the alterations done! I ended up wearing a dress too big at my wedding! I would NEVER use them again!

Reviewed on 12/08/2015 Meghan M

We went to look for bridesmaids dresses and received basically no help. One employee there was extremely rude, telling me the dress I had my bridesmaid try on was "so ugly." I had not asked for her advice! She also made a scene when I placed some of the dresses we decided we... Read More didn't like back on the rack. I had waited for her to get them from me - not wanting to interrupt her conversation with another customer about American idol - but she never came over so I placed them on the rack so I could continue looking through the dresses. When I did this she immediately stopped her conversation and ran over telling me not to do that again! We found a dress but decided not to buy it from them. Save yourself the trouble and go somewhere else!

2015-12-09T06:53:54 Response from the vendor

I am very upset for your experience. I can assure you that this is not our police. We pride ourselves in our help with bridesmaids, that is why we have so many major lines in our store. I would hope you would return and come... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/21/2015

I was in town to help my niece shop for a wedding dress in November. After reading a few bad reviews about Pearls we weren't sure if we should even look there. As it turned out, we walked in (with no appt.) and had a tremendous experience with our consultant Lisa. She knew... Read More exactly what dresses to pull and really knew "her stuff" Pearls had a good selection for our full-figured bride-to-be and we even said "YES TO A DRESS"! Thanks Lisa and Pearls for making our day!

2015-11-22T10:51:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for that wonderful review. We appreciate it and be sure to send us photos of the wedding. Thanks so much.

Reviewed on 10/24/2015

Pearls place has worse and worse customer service every time I walk through the door. Today I went with 5 of my bridesmaids for them to get their bridesmaids dresses fitted to be altered. We got there early, at 9:15, were second in line, behind one lady as they said they can... Read More get busy quickly. We waited until the doors open at 945. They had us rush in were grabbing dresses out of our girls hands and giving numbers on slips of paper. They hung dresses on rack, and an associate came and very rudely started rearranging all of the dresses, mixing with other customers. They ended up calling the first lady in line and then called a lady next that was behind all 5 of my girls. This was not right or acceptable meaning we purposely stood outside an hour beforehand, and that didnt even matter because they arranged dresses how they wanted anyway. Then when one of my girls went to get into her dressing room, at a very busy hour, she couldnt get into her room because another girl was in it. All of her clothes and purse, personal belongings were in this room. Something could have easily been stolen. This should have been better managed, if the room was occupied, noone else should have been allowed to enter. I would not recommend any future friends family to this business.

2015-10-25T09:10:48 Response from the vendor

I am very sorry for your experience. We do open early on Saturday's for our customers fittings. I do want to mention that we are the only store in our area that does alterations on Saturdays, and for that reason we are very busy on... Read Less Read More

Wedding Dress

Reviewed on 10/11/2015 Carmen N

I absolutely loved my dress!!! Pearl's Place was one of the only places in Louisiana to even have the one I wanted and it was perfect!

Reviewed on 10/03/2015 Josie S

My consultant at Pearl's Place today was awful!! She told me I could only try on the dresses she pulled and not all the ones I picked because "most brides can handle trying on more than 6 dresses in a day". After I told her I wanted fit and flare she put me in an extreme... Read More mermaid. When I told her that wasn't what I wanted she said "well then I guess you don't want fit and flare because that's what this is ". I wasn't allowed to take any pictures and they had all the tags cut out of the dresses so if I liked one I couldn't "identify it and buy it from another boutique." They need to worry more about good customer service and then they won't have to worry about brides wanting to buy elsewhere! Try MaeMe's or Bows and Bustles instead. Much more professional and friendly consultants.

Reviewed on 8/19/2015

I am the grandmother of the bride and I was present when my granddaughter was shopping for her wedding dress from Pearl's Place. I saw the service she got while there and decided I would shop for my dress there also. Tena was my consultant for my shopping experience and it was... Read More very rewarding. She was tireless in bringing me selection after selection until she found the perfect one for me. I truly felt she was not just trying to sell me anything just to get the sale. She was very honest and professional in giving advice and pointers in my selection. I felt she was very knowledgeable in her selections for me as to what would look best on me and compliment my body shape. I cold not have been more pleased with the service and attention I received from Tena. I will recommend her to anyone in the market for formal/wedding attire. She knows exactly what she is doing and she does it very well.

Wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses

Reviewed on 8/11/2015 Kaci M

I purchased my wedding dress from here. The sales lady Michelle was so helpful and patient. I had no idea what style I wanted and she pulled several that were very flattering. With her help I found the most beautiful dress and added a belt to finish the look. I went back and... Read More purchased my bridesmaids dresses from here again they were very helpful. The seamstress was so great! She did my dress and all of my bridesmaids dresses. Everyone fit perfect and were done in a timely manner. I would recommend them for price style and fittings

Reviewed on 7/21/2015 Michelle H

I would not recommend shopping here. I felt highly uncomfortable. They kept trying the get my grandmother to tell me I looked sexy. They wanted my cleavage to hang out for days. I want to look beautiful and elegant, not trashy. I cannot believe people buy from them.They were... Read More very very pushy when it came to selling. They used every sales tactic to try to get us to stay in the store and buy I dress I really did not like at all.

Reviewed on 6/25/2015 Ashley R

I was super hesitant to travel to Pearl's from AL after reading the reviews, but they were one of the only places in the area to carry the dress that I fell in love with online. I did not have an appointment and arrived early Saturday morning right before they opened. I was... Read More surprised to see a line outside, but my fears were quickly erased as most of the women in line were there for bridesmaids dresses, alterations, etc. I was immediately taken into the bridal department and greeted by Kim and another consultant whose name I can't remember. Kim worked with me and throughout my time there so many other consultants stopped by to provide their input that I had found THE dress! I have been to many shops and felt really sad about not having the so-called "bridal moment" but I definitely had it here. They even dimmed the lights to show me what it would like at the reception. I didn't feel like they were being pushy or hyping me up to make me feel like I looked better than I did or anything (I had friends & my mom there on FaceTime and they agreed it was the best dress I've tried on from the 5 salons I've visited thus far). I kept trying on dresses even though I knew I had found the one and Kim was extremely patient and waited to see what I thought before providing her opinion. Also, I tend to research online to find the prices of the dresses before I go in & I know for a fact she quoted me the retail price of the gown, with no taxes and free alterations. HOWEVER, because I will be moving to the Midwest shortly, I decided not to purchase the gown because of the reviews about brides who purchase gowns from out of state--I really wish I could've chanced it, because Kim (& the other ladies were so amazing) but I was nervous about the negative possibilities. All in all, if you're a Gulf Shores bride, I would definitely visit here. They had a wide selection and were extremely patient and helpful to a bridezilla like me.

2015-06-26T08:24:47 Response from the vendor

I appreciate your concerns of us shipping your gown. But we do this all of the time and can save you money if we are just shipping to you. Suggest that you call us at (504) 885-9213 and I will advise Kim of my response... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/06/2015 Cody P

I purchased my bridesmaids dresses from Pearl's and they were about average for price. They have a large selection. However, I find the staff to be very unorganized and whatever you do, don't go on a Saturday. Also, if something happens and your wedding is pushed back or... Read More canceled, make sure your bridesmaids pick their dresses up within the 10 day period. Pearl's doesn't tell you, but your dress will be put back on the floor for sale and you will not receive your deposit back. This happen to three of the four bridesmaids that stood in my friends wedding. They also don't call you give you a heads up that they will no longer be holding on to your dress that you have paid a 50% deposit on. Like I said, I didn't have a problem with my bridesmaids, but I seen two sides to this place of business.

2015-05-08T08:33:52 Response from the vendor

As the owner of Pearl's Place, I must respond to this. All of this is not true. We never "put back dresses after 10 days" ever. That is not our policy. What we do is call the bride and ask her to coordinate in advising... Read Less Read More