(21)

Banquet/Reception Hall, Hotel/Resort, Restaurant, Unusual/Alternative

2000 North Ocean Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL

No regrets!

Reviewed on 8/29/2013 Chelsie K

From the moment that I arrived I was so happy that we had chosen the pelican for our venue. The staff was professional in every way and the resort was gorgeous. When it rained most of our wedding day Janeth was very helpful at helping me decide where to have the ceremony. We ultimately decided to move the ceremony indoors which I was at first disappointed about. However, when I walked down the aisle I was so impressed. My florist, Noel @ Medallion Occasion made it gorgeous and the hotel helped make the transition easy and I did not have to worry about any of it. My guests were more than impressed with the resort and truly had a great time!

Beautiful

Reviewed on 6/13/2013 Melissa S

I booked the Pelican 18 months before my wedding. It was amazingly beautiful! Janeth was the best to work with. I emailed her and within 24 hrs I had a response, communication is huge and her quick response to me made me so comfortable! Every one was so nice and attentive!!!

Delicious!

Reviewed on 3/15/2013 Kayleen K

Having the Pelican Grand as our venue we had to use their in house catering and couldn't have been happier! The food the was great. All the guest raved about the filet mignon and the cheesecake! Servers were very friendly and accommodating. Only thing was that the food was cold. I noticed it for the hot appetizers and my entree as well (although it was quite windy and we had it outside so this may have been inevitable lol). But overall great choice of venue/caterer:)

Best Beach Wedding Ever!

Reviewed on 2/11/2013 Michelle A

I couldnt ask for more! The Grand Pelican staff is wonderful, great service, everyone made it a point to be very courteous and geniunly sweet (Which you cannot buy and or force) so it was very comforting to me to have held our wedding someone where the people where just to nice! Im still smiling. Janeth Alvarez, coordinator of Catering services was extremely helpful and a real asset to us in helping us out with major details, she brought to our attention many questions and things that really helped us achieve at the end our dream wedding. We had a very laid back, mid day brunch , fun and cool beach wedding. The wedding was perfect in mid January and the food was outstanding! The hospitality and the rooms were very clean, and were beautiful,after the wedding we enjoyed the restaurant, bar,pool and beach area. The views and the backdrops to all our wedding pictures were amazing! I highly recommend this venue for any gathering. We will be spending there our anniversaries to come. Thank you Janeth and All the staff at The Pelican Grand for making our wedding day a day to treasure for the rest of our lives! Michelle and Richard Campbell.

wedding venue

Reviewed on 2/03/2013 Ali F

fantastic venue with amazing food. The on-site wedding coordinator was phenomenal. The bridal suite is gorgeous, the ice cream parlor is cute, and the roof top seremony space is breath taking. All of these provided an added backdrop for amazing photos

Beautiful

Reviewed on 1/29/2013 Jacqueline L

i absolutely loved my venue. I had my ceremony on the beach and I could hear the waves while I was getting married, just how I had imagined. My reception was facing the ocean, beautiful view. The Pelican made my special day beautiful

Beautiful Venue, Rude Coordinator

Reviewed on 11/21/2012 Samantha g

We had an amazing wedding at the Pelican. It was the perfect setting and a beautiful venue. the food was amazing and everything was almost perfect. The only hiccup was the event coordinate for the Pelican, Janeth, was horrible to work with. We did not have a wedding coordinator, so we had a lot of questions on details we needed to cover (only questions about what the pelican offered and didnt offer). She would look at us like we were stupid and didnt even know half of the answers. On the day of the wedding, it was very windy on the 11th floor and my father had to move most of the chairs himself and she just complained he was being difficult. she was rude and inconsiderate of our wedding. She did a pretty good job at making us feel like our wedding was just another day/dollar for her. Other than her, the experience was great. Chaz was extremely helpful and nice at the reception and made sure everything went great. a great place to have a wedding, just dont expect a pleasant event coordinator!

BEAYTIFUL VENUE, AMAZING STAFF

Reviewed on 10/31/2012 michelle m

THE HOTEL IS A BEAUTIFUL VENUE FOR A TROPICAL WEDDING. THE STAFF IS THE BEST, VERY PROFESSIONAL THE FOOD IS BEYOND AMAZING

Awesome Wedding Night!

Reviewed on 10/11/2012 Lisa S

If you're a local in Ft. Lauderdale then you may want to spend your wedding night here. I absolutely loved this hotel - unfortunately it was out of my budget to have the wedding here however I decided to spend the wedding night and it was worth it. I recommend getting the Oceanfront King Suite because you get an amazing balcony with a beautiful view of the ocean. The bed is ridiculously comfy ;) and if you are up for it try to wake up and watch the sunrise rise because it really is an amazing site. I may spend a weekend here just to relax!

All Suite Hotel on the Beach

Reviewed on 8/25/2012 shante p

We had small but elegant sunrise wedding on the sand for my daughter. A delicious breakfast reception: the food is excellent! Then spent the next day an night around the pool and enjoyed the LAZY RIVER with family and new friends. In the evening we gathered on the veranda overlooking the Ocean. Sat in the rocking chairs and drank cocktails and watched the tide roll in. It's the wedding PERFECT Location on the sands of Fort Lauderdale beach!!!

Destination Wedding from Boston

Reviewed on 7/19/2012 Heather R

Our wedding was on June 23, 2012. We had 80 guests travel from MA, NJ, NC, Alaska, Ireland, and Costa Rica. Everyone that stayed at this resort kept telling my new husband and I how beautiful the venue was, the staff was incredibly friendly, attentive, and made them feel personally valued because they greeted them by name! The wedding coordinator, Janeth Alvarez, was very professional and conscience of every detail to ensure my day was perfect. We used their Atlantic Pavillion for our reception and despite Tropical Storm Debby coming through, the Banquet Manager, Chaz, had his staff act fast and furious to seal the tent so not a beat was missed during our toasts and dances. This venue and staff made my wedding memorable for everyone who attended!!! I highly recommend this location for any bride that wants to do a destination wedding, because they will treat your guests like gold and keep your mind at ease when your planning from so far away!!!

ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!!

Reviewed on 7/01/2012 Tiffany G

My husband and I chose the Pelican Grand the same day we visited. It was the exact feeling we wanted for our beach wedding. At first, we had a few hiccups because of their previous wedding coordinator, but once Janeth came in and handled everything, it was smooth sailing. Janeth was amazing and worked hand in hand with us to make our day the perfect day we imagined. We had alot of family that stayed at the resort and not a single person had a negative thing to say. Everyone was so happy with how the ceremony and reception went and everyone's same thought was "simple yet elegant" which was exactly what we were going for! THANKS A MILLION JANETH!!! Cameron and Tiffany Oster

Great place for a wedding! Not so much for a hotel

Reviewed on 6/27/2012 Marta M

I got married at Pelican Grand on April 27th. My wedding was perfect. The ceremony was a beautiful location on the rooftop. Amazing view! The reception I also had on the roof and the catering service was very organized and did a great job. The wedding coordinator, Janeth, is excellent to work with and she did a great job. She is so organized and very helpful The reason I only gave 4 stars to Pelican is because the hotel wasn't that great. The same weekend our wedding there was a air show going on and the hotel refused to give my guests any more rooms so I had most of my guests stay at Il Lugano (very nice hotel). They also messed a lot of payment issues with my family and charging the wrong thing on credit cards Overall I think Pelican is a great place for a wedding, but I don't recommend guests stay here because it is over priced for what they provide

Reviewed on 6/19/2012 Erica H

Had our wedding on the gazebo at the top of the hotel. It was absolutely gorgeous. Catering director was very helpful prior to and the day of.

PERFECTION on the beach!

Reviewed on 5/07/2012 Ilana K

I have nothing but positive things to say about this venue. Janeth, the coordinator, was ABSOLUTELY fantastic and made sure that the entire day was a total breeze. We met with Janeth many times prior to our wedding, as well as emailed a gazillion times, with a side of numerous phone calls. She was extremely pleasant every single time. She also helped with tips and ideas for some things we had no idea on. My mother and I didn’t hire a wedding coordinator and we did it all ourselves, and Janeth actually thought we were the planners at first! Janeth was there on the Sunday of the wedding, all the way until Chaz took over at the reception. Chaz was outstanding and made sure everything was smooth and perfect for the reception. He even forced me and my husband to eat! Which is a very good thing bc brides and grooms never wind up eating and oh boy were we starving! Not a single thing went wrong during the entire day at the Pelican Grand, well actually, the ENTIRE weekend was perfect! We had a total of 35 rooms at the hotel, and not one guest had an issue. The entire hotel staff was so friendly and pleasant.

its pricey, but the best hotel in ft.lauderdale!

Reviewed on 11/28/2011 Karen N

All my guests were blown away by this hotel. Their rooms were amazing, and service is top notch. They also have a delicious sunday brunch!

Delightful Day

Reviewed on 10/28/2011 Lee M

From the food, to the service, to the atmosphere, to the planning...I could go on but let's just say "Thank you". Wedding planning is no joke. I laughed, I cried, I complained, I was ready to elope but then I thought about the venue and couldn't resist the charm. I knew, thanks to my new hubby, that this resort was the place for us to exchange our "I do's". It was a wonderfully, exciting day and the place itself is so very beautiful. I loved the towers overlooking the ocean where our cocktail, reception and room was located. I look at our pictures and see exactly what I imagined our day to look like. And did I mention the food? My guests still talk about the steak, cornbread and mahi mahi. Double D-licious! Thanks to Pelican Grand staff.

Expect to pay for dissapointed guests

Reviewed on 10/04/2011 Karyn L

We had a wonderful tasting to select our appetizers & meals and were satisfied with some things but disappointed with others. On our wedding day... The macadamia nut crusted chicken with coconut gravy & Island Marinated Skirt Steak was AWESOME! Unfortunately, the 18 Thai Chili Salmon dinners came out as a Mahi Mahi that we did not like at the tasting! We had the chicken & steak but a good percentage of our guests that were looking forward to salmon were sorely disappointed. I am still awaiting someone to contact me from the hotel with an explanation as to what happened to the salmon. When guests arrived for the cocktail hour there was no food available and when the bride & groom arrived at the cocktail hour there was hardly any to be found either. My guests ended up ordering pizza to the room after the reception was over.

Everything was perfect

Reviewed on 7/26/2011 Jennie A

It was a beautiful setting and a wonderful weekend for us all.

Reviewed on 6/09/2011 Allison M

Very Responsive to questions, beautiful Venue for Beach Wedding or Destination Wedding.

Send Email