Pen Ryn Estate

Bensalem, PA

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Waterfront, Garden, Estate, Historic Venue, Park, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

1601 State Road, Bensalem, PA

Reviewed on 9/17/2014 Tricia J

I literally cannot say enough good things about Pen Ryn. We got married there Saturday August 30th – 2014, and it was amazing. We picked the venue bc of the uniqueness of it, the views and the mansion itself. I went to see a couple venues but my fiancé (now husband) only went to... Read More Pen Ryn with my bc he didn’t like all the other cookie cutter hotels and country clubs and refused to see them haha! Elizabeth went over every little detail with us – and after coming back for a 2nd visit with my parents we signed the contract!! Elizabeth and I talked very often – and she was always checking in to say hi and make sure the planning and everything was going good and what not. The Thursday before the wedding – we dropped everything off for our wedding (and there was a lotttttt of stuff haha) – and Elizabeth ensured me everything would be set up perfect and look just how I wanted it! After our ceremony at our church – we headed to Pen Ryn for pictures. The photographers, videographer and bridal party kept saying how amazing the mansion was and the view of the Delaware – and it really was!! The grass was cut perfectly, the flowers were amazing – everything was just amazing!! There were even sail boats and this huge wooden boat going by on the river at different points while we were doing pictures, they made the background even more beautiful! I’m so excited to get our pictures back!!!! While we were taking pictures down at the river – Joe came out with some waters for me and my husband. Joe was our bridal server – and he was incredible!! After pics we came inside and Joe was waiting at the front door for us with our signature drinks and food!! My husband was soooo excited bc he was starving!! People told us they could barely eat their dinners bc the food at cocktail hour was so good they couldn't stop eating. I highly recommend the mini burgers, bacon wrapped scallops and Asian station!!!! Every time I turned around Joe had a plate of appetizers for us and champagne. He also brought us in the see the main ballroom before the reception started! It was breathtaking. The room was so perfect and looked better than I could have ever imagined! Linda was our matradee – and she was just as amazing! She was so friendly and a huge help! All of the servers were so polite and very attentive to their tables! The reception flew by – but we enjoyed every single second of it!! Our reception was from 6:30 to 10:30 but we stayed and danced until 10:50ish! As we were saying goodbye to guests – all of the employees were busy around us packing up all of our stuff for us (and we had A LOT of stuff haha)!! It was so perfect. There were still about 20 of us there and we all walked to the front door and all of my totes of stuff were sitting at the front door packed and waiting for us – and then the staff loaded everything into our cars! The night was absolutely perfect and everyone was so accommodating! I had made a few requests to Elizabeth throughout the planning process – and every single one of them was done for us that night – from where certain decorations should go, switching out beers, having extra dessert and having extra table clothes set aside for us for a crazy family dance we have – everything was perfect! I really wish we could live that whole night over again!!! I would highly recommend having your wedding here!!!

Reviewed on 12/01/2015 Regina C

Pen Ryn is an amazing place to host your wedding! My husband and I got married here on November 21st and we cannot say enough good things about the whole experience. Brianne is wonderful to work with and so helpful with keeping track of all the many planning details and Jessie... Read More took absolutely amazing care of us that night. The entire staff was friendly and accommodating, the food was delicious, and the venue itself is incredible. We received so many compliments on the whole night from many of our guests and we could not be happier with how everything turned out. We wholeheartedly recommend Pen Ryn - they created a perfect day!

Stunning Venue + Exceptional Staff = Perfect Day

Reviewed on 3/11/2014 Kate L

Pen Ryn is a most wonderful place to have a wedding. Our guests raved about the food and drinks, the friendly staff, and the beautiful venue. We held both our wedding and our reception here, and it is an excellent spot for both events. We even held the rehearsal dinner here the... Read More night before in the mansion (our wedding was in the Belle Voire Carriage House). Elizabeth was phenomenal in working with us as we planned each step of the process. She was incredibly accommodating and easy to work with. Linda was in charge of our rehearsal and wedding day, and to say she was exceptional is an understatement. She coordinated things smoothly and positively. The staff there was efficient and friendly - many went out of their way to congratulate us. What a gorgeous venue, and what wonderful people who work there! We highly recommend Pen Ryn Estate!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Christy K

I would absolutely recommend booking with Pen Ryn! Everything throughout the entire process was top notch. The level of detail and planning the team goes through is incredible and our day was 100% perfect. There were no hiccups whatsoever the day of! Brianne was amazing to... Read More work with and helped to ensure that everything was planned down to the detail and always answered all of our questions in a very timely manner...even if it was 11 o'clock at night. I could not have imagined a more perfect wedding day or getting married anywhere else. The mansion itself is gorgeous and it was awesome that they went through a major update this year so everything was new! If you are looking for a wedding day that will wow your guests and will be one you will never forget I highly recommend Pen Ryn!

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Jeannine C

From coordination with Megan to every request & service from Carley and Damien, I cannot say enough great things about this venue. I will never recommend any other venue. They were a HUGE part of my making day the *most* special day. I would tip my hat if I were wearing one.... Read More BEST VENUE EVER!!!

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Sam S

Exceeded all expectations! They listened to all of our needs and concerns beforehand and all of the staff helped to make our day amazing!

Reviewed on 9/04/2016 Jaclyn L

We got married on July 3, 2016 at the Pen Ryn Mansion and could not have been happier! Brianne was our event planner and she was a dream to work with! She responded to our emails immediately and would call us if anything needed further clarification. She was super flexible as... Read More well and allowed us to make changes to the menu as well as create our own cocktail hour stations (such as a slider station). For example, we also substituted the sushi rolls for no additional fee and our guests raved about them! She was also super flexible with arrival time, because we wanted to get there early for pictures. With all that said, if you want extras (extra time, extra stations), expect to pay for that. We were able to drop off all our decorations, ceremony materials, and reception materials the week prior to the wedding, and the staff set everything up perfectly! We did not have to think about anything because we knew it was all being handled. The one issue we had was that our matire'd was switched the day of, and it seemed as though there was some confusion on the staff side, so no one was there to let us into the mansion when we arrived (we had to wait about 15 minutes). With that said, they were very accommodating and certainly made up for that problem. Our ceremony also ran long (40 minutes instead of 30), so they let us stay 10 minutes passed our scheduled reception end time for no extra cost. Food was unbelievable - cocktail stations, passed hors d'oeuvres, and entrees. They also renovated the mansion right before our wedding and they just made the place even more beautiful. There are not enough positive things we can say about this venue. We highly recommend it for your wedding!!

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Samantha S

I had my wedding there this past weekend August 12th, 2016, if I could give more than 5 stars I would. From the day I first visited Pen Ryn to the day of my wedding, I have had nothing but positive experiences. Megan the sales manager, Karen, Caitlyn, Howard, Eden, Paris, Blaze... Read More & the waiters, all of the staff is wonderful and did anything to please my guests. I forgot to write out 3 tables full of place cards the staff managed to flawlessly seat my guests where I wanted them. My older guests wanted some coffee, the waiter quickly served them. It started raining during our pictures the staff brought out umbrellas for us. I have had so many compliments on how excellent the food was (filet, chicken francaise, salmon florentine, mash potato bar, pasta station, cheesesteak egg rolls, wedding cake). The prices are very reasonable & the venue is beautifully remodeled!! It was an amazing night, so much that my bridesmaids father tried booking her wedding there that night!!! I'm so sad for it to be over, Pen Ryn will exceed all of your expectations!!!!

Reviewed on 7/14/2016 Britt D

My husband and I just returned from our honeymoon following our 7/2/16 reception at the Pen Ryn Mansion, and we could not be happier with our experience! We started the planning process with Megan back in April 2015, and had such a great time working with her. She was incredibly... Read More patient and sweet, and she was always available for any questions we had. As a result, the day of the wedding was absolutely perfect! Our guests raved about the food, and kept saying how special the venue felt in comparison to the traditional catering hall weddings. We also loved how beautifully the venue photographed! The mansion provided some truly stunning backgrounds for our wedding photographer (especially the library!), and we are thrilled to have these memories captured forever.

Reviewed on 7/11/2016

Don't think twice! If the date that you want is available, stop looking at other vendors and book it! Brianne was extremely accommodating to all of our requests no matter how big or detailed they were. She made the whole planning process a breeze! And on the day of our... Read More wedding, Linda executed flawlessly! THANK YOU BOTH AND THE ENTIRE PEN RYN STAFF FOR MAKING OUR DAY A MEMORABLE AND SPECIAL ONE! By the way, the food was amazing - all of our guests are still raving about it!

Reviewed on 5/10/2016 Elisa S

Absolute amazing staff! Everything went so smoothly, we didn't have to worry about a thing, just to enjoy our day, and that, we did. The decorations were set up exactly how we wanted, the food was delicious, and I can't talk enough about the amazing staff, Nicole, Tory, Linda,... Read More and Megan

Reviewed on 5/10/2016 Sheila K

Even though we just missed out on their stunning new renovations to their location, we were so happy with how amazing the venue looked and how easy they made our day for both my husband and I.

Reviewed on 4/01/2016 marianne s

Pen Ryn is one of those places that you instantly fall in love with. That was my experience the day I booked my wedding in 2014. Besides its evident beauty, the staff and management there will do everything in their power to make sure your wedding is everything you've dreamed. I... Read More know this first hand because I was very upset by some some changes that were made to the mansion to enhance it, (I'm the oddball bride that liked it before the enhancements) and upon them learning of my disappointment they have gone above and beyond to make my wedding extra special. Brianne is an absolute sweetheart who genuinely cares about your wants and needs and the owner is very much involved in that process as well. You're definitely in the best possible hands, and wedding venue with Pen Ryn, not to mention one of the most beautiful.

Reviewed on 11/20/2015 Danielle D

Just seeing the beautiful Pen Ryn and all they have to offer makes it an easy pick. Meeting Brianne Sheahan will also help you to choose, she's the absolute sweetest and very knowledgable! Brianne was quick to respond to e-mails, she was helpful in making decisions, she is full... Read More of creative ideas, and was VERY down to earth! All the staff at Pen Ryn were on the ball, with reminder emails leading up to the big day helping everything run smoothly and then of course on the big day! The ENTIRE staff was so kind and attentive! Every time I turned around they were there to see if me and my (now) husband needed anything, but without over stepping. They allowed me to have a first look and approve all the decor at the reception hall, which was done perfectly! They made sure we had everything we needed in the bridal suite. I'm just amazed at how sweet and attentive they really were! We got so many compliments on the food and drinks at Pen Ryn! They definitely do not skimp on flavor of the food and alcohol in the drinks, everything was on point! The signature drinks I made up without even tasting were an absolute hit! EVERYONE complimented them and it's because the bartenders were that good! I would absolutely recommend this venue to all brides! Before my wedding I heard nothing but good things about Pen Ryn, even from brides who got married here 5 years ago! And they didn't let me down! Best day everrrrrr <3 thank you Pen Ryn Belle Vior Manor!

Reviewed on 11/06/2015 Kara C

LOVE! Everything about this venue we absolutely loved. We just had our wedding at Belle Voir Manor October 16th and our day was flawless! The food was amazing, the staff was even more amazing and the scenery at this venue is gorgeous! Everything from start to finish was perfect.... Read More We worked with Megan who was so nice, quick to respond to my emails and very accommodating. I highly recommend this venue!!

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Pamela C

I recently had my wedding at the Belle Voir Manor and it was amazing. We had our ceremony outside which was beautiful, the cocktail hour room looked great and is extremely roomy and the ballroom was beautiful. I am very anal and of course wanted everything to be perfect so I... Read More know I was a bit of a pain but Paris was exceptional with everything. She answered my emails faster than I had expected and was always available when we called her. I could not have asked for someone better to coordinate the wedding and answer my questions. Linda great as well, I don't know how she does what she does! Everyone was extremely friendly and every time we turned around there was someone there asking if we needed anything. I truly felt like a princess and could not have asked for a better night. I would recommend Belle Voir a million times over!

Reviewed on 10/09/2015

I recently had my wedding at Belle Voir Manor, and it was absolutely perfect! We started our planning with Elizabeth back in a January, and she was awesome - very attentive, enthusiastic, and knowledgeable. About half way through the planning, we were informed that Brianne would... Read More be taking over. We were equally happy with her! I'm sure it wasn't easy catching up in the middle of everything we already had planned, but she made sure everything was set in stone. Our day was absolutely perfect because of her. She was detail-oriented, easily reachable (even emailing me back at midnight when I had a problem!!), and friendly. Brianne made sure no detail was missed. Linda was also a great help on the night of the rehearsal dinner and night of the wedding. The wedding was everything we could ever have wanted!! We couldn't have been happier!

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 Caitie R

My husband and I got married at Belle Voir Manor in June of 2015. From the moment that we walked into Belle Voir we knew that it was the perfect venue for our wedding! The site really has the perfect combination of outdoor and indoor beauty. After signing the contract we kept... Read More finding more and more reasons to love Belle Voir! Elizabeth was HANDS DOWN our favorite person to work with throughout the entire wedding planning process. She is patient, kind, knowledgeable, and will do whatever it takes to make your day exactly as you want it! The food is excellent and you will not find any other venue with the quality of food, drinks, and staff for the price. It can't be beat! On the day of our wedding all of the staff was extremely accommodating and made sure that my husband and I, and both of our parents had drinks and were comfortable at all times. Thank you to everyone at Pen Ryn for truly making our day so special!

Reviewed on 9/28/2015

We had my daughter's wedding at the Belle Voir Manor last Friday and the day was "perfect". We had the ceremony outside, then right to the cocktail hour and then reception. The cocktail area was roomy with plenty of chairs and high tops and the ballroom was breathtaking. My... Read More daughter loved every minute of the day which, of course, is all I wanted. Paris was our coordinator and she was fantastic! She was always available via email or phone and very helpful. Linda controlled the entire day and was fabulous!! Everyone told us how beautiful the rooms were and how delicious the food was as well. Great place to have your wedding!!

Reviewed on 9/21/2015 Erin .

I can't think of a more perfect setting for our Memorial Day weekend wedding. Our ceremony was outside Pen Ryn Mansion, overlooking the river. Absolutely everything was perfect that day, and the venue was more breathtaking than we had imagined it--inside and out! The food was... Read More AMAZING (highly recommend the ahi tuna on wasabi crackers as an hors d'oeuvres). We've still been getting compliments from family and friends on our venue choice. My only complaint is that 1-We were told there would not be a wedding at Belle Voir (the venue next door) the same day as our wedding, which we found to be false when the groomsmen from Belle Voir came over to take pictures before our ceremony. They are in the background of some of our pictures as a result, which was really disappointing and off-putting to us (But probably more inconsiderate on the part of their photographer!). Still, we would definitely recommend this venue to newly engaged couples and are hoping to attend another wedding there as guests in the near future! THANK YOU, PEN RYN! Love, Mike & Erin Gilbert

Reviewed on 9/10/2015 Lauren B

From the initial meeting to the final event, Pen Ryn was enthusiastic, cooperative, flexible, attentive, and personable. Throughout our five-month planning process, we did not encounter a staff member that was not courteous, respectful, cooperative and easy going. The... Read More professional and expertise of everyone made our day PERFECT and MAGICAL. Megan, our sales representative (manager) was so easy to deal with; she was consistently available and always willing to work with us. In times of panic and stress, Megan was naturally calming and always made us feel at ease. Closer to the wedding, she even returned calls on her day off. Our bridal server, Nicole, was so attentive. We weren’t even finished food/drinks and she was right there ready to serve whatever we needed. Kaitlyn, the Maître d had everything set up as requested and the schedule of events were executed precisely as planned. We received raving reviews from our guests; “The BEST food we have EVER had at a wedding” seems to be the most reoccurring feedback. The food at cocktail hour, stations, all of the meals, the salad and deserts were ALL to die for! Everyone boasted about the gorgeous views of the Delaware and the beauty of the mansion. Guests were impressed with service and the uniqueness of the add-ons. They LOVED the Martini and Cheesesteak bars. A family friend said they always rate weddings at the end and ours was ranked as, “The Best Wedding” they have ever attended. In all honesty, it was the best day of our lives and that could not have been made possible without Pen Ryn’s incredible staff. We cannot thank them enough for the life-long memory!

Reviewed on 8/31/2015 Jessica S

We had our wedding at Pen Ryn on July 25 and it was just amazing. Choosing this venue was one of the best decisions we made. You get so much for your money and that includes top of the line service and professionalism. We worked with Paris for the last few weeks of our... Read More planning process and she was WONDERFUL. At a time that was so stressful, she constantly assured us that everything was great. We always felt better after we spoke with her On the day of, the whole staff was phenomenal. Nicole was the server assigned to the bridal party and she was out of this world. She carried CASES of drinks down to the river to serve our 20 person party during our photography session. My husband and I were never without food or drink in hand, and she even offered that if we wanted something from Wawa she would go get it for us! Amazing. There was no doubt that our guests were impressed with our wedding experience, and we were too. Thank you Pen Ryn for being THE BEST!!!

The Best Service a Bride and Groom Could Aak For!

Reviewed on 7/21/2015 Jennifer V

My husband and I got married in the mansion a few weeks ago and we couldn't be happier! The entire staff was pleasant, extremely helpful, and provided the best service I've ever encountered! Our personal server, Nicole was a delight! She took great care of us, and made sure we... Read More did not forget to eat and that we had time to ourselves to preview the venue prior to guests entering the the reception hall! We paid extra for fireworks, and they were the best fireworks that we have ever seen! Our guest are still talking about how great they were! We highly recommend this venue, and the price is well worth the product!

Reviewed on 6/23/2015 Danielle T

My husband and I got married at Pen Ryn Mansion on June 6, 2015. I cannot say enough about this venue! From the time we toured through to the final minutes of our event, the Pen Ryn staff was OUTSTANDING. Elizabeth, the Catering Sales Manager, was our main point of contact and... Read More throughout the entire process. She was quick to answer questions and there to provide advice… and very nice! Pen Ryn Mansion is the perfect place for a summer wedding. Your guests are sure to be floored by the beauty and charm of the mansion! Luckily, with the amazing weather on our wedding day (partly sunny and 78), we were able to use both the mansion and the surrounding grounds. The patio was perfect for cocktail hour, and the lawn/foundtain/yard for bridal party photos! The night progressed seamlessly thanks to the help of the Pen Ryn team and the food was to die for. I cannot thank the staff enough and our wedding will always be remembered as THE BEST DAY EVER!

Reviewed on 6/23/2015 Amanda E

Belle Voir was the perfect venue for our wedding. Everything truly exceeded our expectations and we couldn't have had a more exceptional time. Elizabeth was a pleasure to work with up until the day. She answered us promptly and was always happy to help. The grounds and... Read More ballroom are beautiful and the food was delicious!!! The entire staff went above and beyond to ensure we had a special day. They really worked to make sure us, and all of our guests, were having an amazing time. We also cannot say enough positive things about our Maitre D' for the night, Joe. He was always right there anticipating and waiting to hand us fresh drinks and food. He really enhanced our experience. I highly recommend having your wedding at Belle Voir Manor!