Book Your Wedding with Pen Ryn Estate

A BALLROOM IN BENSALEM, PA

Pen Ryn Estate of Bucks County in Bensalem, Pennsylvania, is for many locals synonymous with luxury. Situated right on the banks of the Delaware River close to Philadelphia, this 100-acre estate benefits from scenic views and plenty of photo opportunities. A 2,000-foot, tree-lined driveway makes for great first impressions, while the grounds are large and spacious enough for outdoor ceremonies, firework displays and more. There are two key venues to choose from on the estate, both of which benefit from river views and private gardens.

Pen Ryn Mansion was the historical home of the Bickley, Wharton and Drexel families, built in 1744 and since updated with contemporary amenities and improvements. Guests are free to explore the house for the duration of the event, taking in the private courtyard garden, parlor room with player grand piano and evocatively historical library. The house also features a sunken ballroom venue with a recessed ceiling and crystal chandelier.

Belle Voir Manor was once the carriage house for the Pen Ryn Mansion and is distinguished by its imposing portico entrance with water fountain and rooftop terrace. The main floor inside the house, with its high ceilings and ionic columns, sits at the foot of a grand staircase with a balcony overlook and benefits from a player piano for some authentic ambient music. Across a private courtyard, the grand ballroom awaits guests for the main event with river views, chandeliers and elegant crown molding.

A sample wedding package covers exclusive use of either main venue, including use of the ballrooms, each of which can hold around 300 seated guests or 400 standing for a cocktail reception. Access to the bridal suites is also included.

Catering is handled by the venue and typically covers a choice of hors d'oeuvres served for one hour and either a combination entree, just two entrees or a selection of food stations. A custom wedding cake is included, along with a champagne toast, all tableware and linens and a top-shelf open bar.

The initial deposit may vary and is determined on an event-by-event basis by the venue. The total cost is paid in nonrefundable installments, the last of which is payable no later than three days in advance of the event. Alcohol charges, gratuities and tax also vary according to the chosen package.

There are several benefits and enhancements that help Pen Ryn Estate to stand out from the crowd. These include:

• Silk flower arrangement centerpieces
  • Personal bridal server
  • Maître d'
  • Coatroom attendant
  • Valet parking
  • White-glove waitstaff

Pen Ryn Estate - Waterfront Venue in Bucks County

*Book tours by calling 215.633.0600* Pen Ryn Mansion & Belle Voir Manor are certainly not your average venues! Located on 100-Private Acres, nestled along the Delaware River, your guests are sure to be impressed! Every window shares either the incredible river or garden view making for great ambiance and a lot of natural light. Then, as a historic location built in the 17th century, our reception spaces have unique details around every corner - providing a plethora of picture-perfect backdrops. And to top it off, our award-winning culinary team will surely cater a mouth-watering menu for the special day! Our tranquility and privacy is unlike any other venue in the Bucks County PA & Greater Philadelphia Area. We are so much more than just a ballroom, so we invite you to check us out

Ballroom, Waterfront, Garden, Estate, Historic Venue, Park, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

1601 State Road, Bensalem, PA (215) 633-0600

AAAAAA-mazing!!!

Reviewed on 9/17/2014 Tricia J

I literally cannot say enough good things about Pen Ryn. We got married there Saturday August 30th – 2014, and it was amazing. We picked the venue bc of the uniqueness of it, the views and the mansion itself. I went to see a couple venues but my fiancé (now husband) only went to... Read More Pen Ryn with my bc he didn’t like all the other cookie cutter hotels and country clubs and refused to see them haha! Elizabeth went over every little detail with us – and after coming back for a 2nd visit with my parents we signed the contract!! Elizabeth and I talked very often – and she was always checking in to say hi and make sure the planning and everything was going good and what not. The Thursday before the wedding – we dropped everything off for our wedding (and there was a lotttttt of stuff haha) – and Elizabeth ensured me everything would be set up perfect and look just how I wanted it! After our ceremony at our church – we headed to Pen Ryn for pictures. The photographers, videographer and bridal party kept saying how amazing the mansion was and the view of the Delaware – and it really was!! The grass was cut perfectly, the flowers were amazing – everything was just amazing!! There were even sail boats and this huge wooden boat going by on the river at different points while we were doing pictures, they made the background even more beautiful! I’m so excited to get our pictures back!!!! While we were taking pictures down at the river – Joe came out with some waters for me and my husband. Joe was our bridal server – and he was incredible!! After pics we came inside and Joe was waiting at the front door for us with our signature drinks and food!! My husband was soooo excited bc he was starving!! People told us they could barely eat their dinners bc the food at cocktail hour was so good they couldn't stop eating. I highly recommend the mini burgers, bacon wrapped scallops and Asian station!!!! Every time I turned around Joe had a plate of appetizers for us and champagne. He also brought us in the see the main ballroom before the reception started! It was breathtaking. The room was so perfect and looked better than I could have ever imagined! Linda was our matradee – and she was just as amazing! She was so friendly and a huge help! All of the servers were so polite and very attentive to their tables! The reception flew by – but we enjoyed every single second of it!! Our reception was from 6:30 to 10:30 but we stayed and danced until 10:50ish! As we were saying goodbye to guests – all of the employees were busy around us packing up all of our stuff for us (and we had A LOT of stuff haha)!! It was so perfect. There were still about 20 of us there and we all walked to the front door and all of my totes of stuff were sitting at the front door packed and waiting for us – and then the staff loaded everything into our cars! The night was absolutely perfect and everyone was so accommodating! I had made a few requests to Elizabeth throughout the planning process – and every single one of them was done for us that night – from where certain decorations should go, switching out beers, having extra dessert and having extra table clothes set aside for us for a crazy family dance we have – everything was perfect! I really wish we could live that whole night over again!!! I would highly recommend having your wedding here!!!

Reviewed on 12/01/2015 Regina C

Pen Ryn is an amazing place to host your wedding! My husband and I got married here on November 21st and we cannot say enough good things about the whole experience. Brianne is wonderful to work with and so helpful with keeping track of all the many planning details and Jessie... Read More took absolutely amazing care of us that night. The entire staff was friendly and accommodating, the food was delicious, and the venue itself is incredible. We received so many compliments on the whole night from many of our guests and we could not be happier with how everything turned out. We wholeheartedly recommend Pen Ryn - they created a perfect day!

Stunning Venue + Exceptional Staff = Perfect Day

Reviewed on 3/11/2014 Kate L

Pen Ryn is a most wonderful place to have a wedding. Our guests raved about the food and drinks, the friendly staff, and the beautiful venue. We held both our wedding and our reception here, and it is an excellent spot for both events. We even held the rehearsal dinner here the... Read More night before in the mansion (our wedding was in the Belle Voire Carriage House). Elizabeth was phenomenal in working with us as we planned each step of the process. She was incredibly accommodating and easy to work with. Linda was in charge of our rehearsal and wedding day, and to say she was exceptional is an understatement. She coordinated things smoothly and positively. The staff there was efficient and friendly - many went out of their way to congratulate us. What a gorgeous venue, and what wonderful people who work there! We highly recommend Pen Ryn Estate!

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Courtney R

We recently had our wedding at Belle Voir Manor at Pen Ryn on July 22, 2017 and we could not have been happier with our decision to get married here. We had searched EVERY wedding venue in the Philadelphia/Bucks County area, but we were blown away by the beauty of Belle Voir and... Read More Pen Ryn. Megan was a HUGE help throughout the entire planning process. She answered our endless emails and questions and worked with us to make our wedding perfect and gave us everything we asked for. Everything was perfect! On the day of, Jenna and Shauna (our day of coordinators) did an amazing job of ensuring everything was exactly how we wanted it at the reception. Throughout the wedding, Belle Voir staff did an amazing job of making sure we had everything we needed. They were constantly asking my husband and our bridal party if we needed any food or drinks throughout the night, which was so nice! At the end of the wedding, the staff packed everything up for us and put it all in our cars. They truly went above and beyond to make sure we had the most stress-free wedding and we did! Thank you to Megan, Jenna, Shauna, and all the other staff for making our wedding a dream. Everything went perfectly and smoothly thanks to everyone working there. I highly recommend Pen Ryn as a wedding venue!!!! Courtney Rosica

Reviewed on 7/23/2017 Gina T

We got married on July 21st and had an excellent experience at the mansion. We were working with Megan during the planning process and Jenna / Shauna the day of. Megan was patient with us anytime we contacted her with changes (which was often!!) and the service on the day of was... Read More amazing. Time for pictures was a little tight because we only had two hours between arriving and the start the ceremony. We felt like we couldn't get to all of the scenic areas the venue has to offer! Some extra time would have been appreciated but all in all, it was an amazing day and we highly recommend Pen Ryn. Staff put out water during the ceremony (there was a heat advisory the day of) to keep our guests hydrated and as soon as the groom and I walked back to the patio, butlered hors d'oeuvres were waiting for us (delicious!) along with trays of our signature drink. When we sat down at the reception, appetizers were waiting for us at our seat, which was amazing because after saying hi to everyone I realized we had no time to visit the stations. After the reception, staff helped us set off floating lanterns, which as a magical way to end the night! Thanks to all who made the day so stress-free and enjoyable! :) Shout out to Al for keeping the bridesmaids hydrated and happy in the suite before the ceremony!!

Reviewed on 7/21/2017 Lizzy M

Beautiful, fun, amazing, and surprisingly relaxing. That's how I would describe our March 11 wedding at the Pen Ryn Mansion. Leading up to the event, the venue staff was so responsive and helpful, answering all of our questions promptly and coordinating with our other vendors.... Read More We worked with Megan leading up to the event. On our wedding day, they did a beautiful job setting everything up. We had to move the ceremony inside, and I was a little bummed, until I saw how they set up the ballroom specially for the ceremony. I felt like I was in a fairy tale, after they magically transformed a large, open room into this warm, intimate ceremony space . And the staff who worked the event were out-of-this-world fantastic. (Shout-out to JP and Nicole!) I was able to relax, knowing they were there, ready to help with any request. I was never without a drink in my hand if I wanted one. And everyone says you don't get to eat on your wedding day, but Pen Ryn made sure I got to enjoy the food and the fun! I don't think I could have asked for anything more. Thanks, Pen Ryn!

Reviewed on 5/05/2017 Victoria M

We booked our wedding with Brianne at the Pen Ryn mansion. She was always super helpful with any questions I had and with ALL preparations leading to the big day. Our wedding day was PERFECT, the grounds were beautiful and the ALL staff were so helpful, especially Shauna when I... Read More was super nervous at the rehearsal. My friends and family were also very impressed with this venue! I would highly recommend Pen Ryn for any wedding, they made my special day unforgettable and it really was the BEST day of my life.

Reviewed on 4/21/2017 Katie F

We just recently got married on April 7 and our wedding day was absolutely amazing!! we got married at the Belle Voir Manor and everything turned out just as we had planned. All of the staff on our wedding day were extremely helpful and always there if we needed something.... Read More Everyone who setup did an excellent job with all the decorations and it was exactly how I pictured it in my head. Brianne helped us so much through out the whole planning process and was always very quick with getting back to us. She made us feel very at ease and made sure all of our special requests were done. She was excellent!! We are so happy that we chose this venue to make our wedding day so perfect!

Reviewed on 4/10/2017 Nicole N

I booked Belle Voir for my ceremony/reception. I am working with Megan, who is wonderful. I thought I would not be able to afford this venue, but she really helped me make it work. I was flexible on my date, but have a min. of 180 guests! I also went to their food tasting,... Read More which was great! The staff is very helpful and professional; the food was awesome. Both Pen Ryn and Belle Voir are so beautiful! I will update my review as it gets closer! Post-wedding update: OMG my wedding was absolutely perfect at Belle Voir. Shauna and Michael were my bridal helpers the day of and they were absolutely perfect. All of my guests were saying the staff was not only professional, but also so friendly and fun. The staff really made the day so special. The food was amazing - people are still talking about the steak. They gave me fetticini alfredo which was the bomb. I am so so picky LOL. Megan was a great help throughout the experience - I loved the service and the quality of the venue. I cannot say enough good things. My good friend is getting married here in June so I am so excited to be on the guest end. Thank you Pen Ryn for making the day perfect. :)

Reviewed on 4/07/2017 Tim M

AMAZING ! ! ! Pen Ryn is anyone's answer to a perfect wedding day.Everyone was above and beyond what we expected.From our tour,to rescheduling the wedding due to our little problem.Which they did a amazing job to help us through the change of date which we caused.The day of the... Read More wedding was so perfect it was scarey.I would recommand Pen ryn over any place.I have been to 25 other places for weddings,not one comes close to these guys.I am the father of the bride,from me,my wife,Kelley and Pawel we thank the entire crew.

Reviewed on 12/27/2016 Brittany L

Pen Ryn's grounds are absolutely breathtaking and that's why we chose this venue. We had our wedding on December 23rd in the mansion and everything the day of was perfect. Everything came together exquisitely. It was literally everything I envisioned. There were a few... Read More things I would like to note throughout the process. We first started out with Elizabeth who actually blew us away when we first met her. She was SO personable and If the venue didn't already sell itself, she would have definitely sold it to us. She was such a pleasure and willing to work with us and go through everything in full detail. A few months later Elizabeth left and Brianne had taken over for us. Brianne was nice however I felt like there were a few times I had a question about something and actually had to follow up with her nearly a week later to remind her that I still needed an answer. (This didn't happen often but it happened enough to where I was inconvenienced waiting a week for an answer.) Then towards the end of my wedding planning I had sent her an email just to confirm that my bridal party could put their belongings in the bridal suite when we arrived because we were arriving early to take pictures and I just didn't get a response back at all. At the end we had our final details meeting which I thought everything was clear and Brianne had wrote everything down and she had told us she would send us a revised contract the next day... we didn't get it until after a week later (after we reached out to her) and things were still wrong on the contract. Brianna was nice I just felt like the communication could have been better especially towards the end with the final details and finalized the details within the contract. However Shauna who is the Banquet Supervisor was absolutely amazing. When we had our drop off she was very helpful answering any last minute questions and also helpful with suggestions. She was a pleasure and ensured everything would look good and it actually looked perfect. Linda was our Maitre D and she was very helpful telling us where to go and what to do which I am very thankful for. She brought champagne up to the rooms and a cheese tray which was wonderful but Brianne had told us that beers would be sent to the groomsmen suite as well and when my husband asked Linda about the beers she said they normally don't do that and most of the guys in our party didn't care for the champagne. There were many times during my reception I was looking around for my maitre d for a glass of water or beverage and couldn't find her so my husband and I just went up the bar ourselves. I was just surprised about that considering they told us we would have our own personal server and it was a little difficult talking to people, dancing and getting our drinks. Linda was good in terms of making sure I was eating through the night. Overall I truly had a wonderful wedding and Pen Ryn has a beautiful venue and I wouldn't change anything. They're food was amazing. We got their mashed potato bar and the display was incredibly and tasted amazing. I just think their staff needs to communicate a little more. My wedding was one of the best nights of my life and I am happy we chose Pen Ryn and I would choose them again. People complimented how beautiful the grounds were and how beautiful the mansion was. Some people said it was the best wedding they have ever been to. It really is a breathtaking venue.

Reviewed on 11/25/2016 Christina A

One word: WOW!! My husband and I got married on November 12 and we had the opportunity to have the wonderful team at Pen Ryn host our reception. Brianne, Shauna, Karen, Joe, Taylor and the rest of the team were nothing short of amazing! Brianne made the sales process and... Read More preparation leading up to the big day super easy. On top of that, she was willing to work with us considering our budget and wish list. We are so thankful to have had the opportunity to work with her and build such a successful event. Our guests are still raving about the food, service, staff and most of all: the venue. Pen Ryn offers two unique venues on the same property: Pen Ryn Mansion and Belle Voir Mansion. We decided to go with the former. When we were evaluating venues during the planning process, we really wanted something unique. Pennsylvania and New Jersey offer a variety of reception halls, hotel ballrooms, etc. But, we wanted to buck the trend and go with something different. Pen Ryn Mansion is the embodiment of elegance, class and history. Our family and friends simply loved the venue! In fact, since we had originally booked the venue in late 2015, the team at Pen Ryn completed a number of capital improvements (new paint, floors, etc.) that made everything pop!! The food and service was simply spectacular. Between the hors d'oeuvre during cocktail hour, starters and the main course...the food was delicious! Cooking was clean (not greasy). We went with the following options: stuffed pork chop, chicken provolone and veggie lasagna. What else can we say about service? Karen was our maitre'd and helped to ensure that everything and everyone was set. Joe was our personal connect for food and drink. In fact, the moment he saw that our drinks were almost done, there was Joe with new refreshments!! #mindreader Shauna is the overall manager was was super helpful during everything! We would recommend Pen Ryn in a heartbeat!! We wish them all the best. Christina and Arjun

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Holly L

Wow! Our wedding day was absolutely perfect and we have Pen Ryn to thank for that! We had the ceremony outside-and the scenery was breathtaking! We then had our reception at Pen Ryn and everything from the staff to the food was AMAZING! Brianne was so helpful with planning the... Read More details for the day of the wedding and was always available to answer my questions and concerns very quickly! The staff and servers at Pen Ryn were super friendly and accommodating. Damian and Anna made sure my husband and I had everything we needed! We have received many compliments about our wedding day and our guests definitely enjoyed themselves! I highly recommend a mashed potato bar, but everything we served/ate at the wedding was delicious!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Heather B

We absolutely loved the Pen Ryn Mansion. We wanted both an indoor and outdoor experience and this venue gave us everything. We couldn't be happier with the way our wedding turned out. Another thing that made us love this venue is that we were specific on our entrees and the chef... Read More personally adapted to our requests that were not on their original menus.

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Christy K

I would absolutely recommend booking with Pen Ryn! Everything throughout the entire process was top notch. The level of detail and planning the team goes through is incredible and our day was 100% perfect. There were no hiccups whatsoever the day of! Brianne was amazing to... Read More work with and helped to ensure that everything was planned down to the detail and always answered all of our questions in a very timely manner...even if it was 11 o'clock at night. I could not have imagined a more perfect wedding day or getting married anywhere else. The mansion itself is gorgeous and it was awesome that they went through a major update this year so everything was new! If you are looking for a wedding day that will wow your guests and will be one you will never forget I highly recommend Pen Ryn!

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Jeannine C

From coordination with Megan to every request & service from Carley and Damien, I cannot say enough great things about this venue. I will never recommend any other venue. They were a HUGE part of my making day the *most* special day. I would tip my hat if I were wearing one.... Read More BEST VENUE EVER!!!

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Sam S

Exceeded all expectations! They listened to all of our needs and concerns beforehand and all of the staff helped to make our day amazing!

Reviewed on 9/04/2016 Jaclyn L

We got married on July 3, 2016 at the Pen Ryn Mansion and could not have been happier! Brianne was our event planner and she was a dream to work with! She responded to our emails immediately and would call us if anything needed further clarification. She was super flexible as... Read More well and allowed us to make changes to the menu as well as create our own cocktail hour stations (such as a slider station). For example, we also substituted the sushi rolls for no additional fee and our guests raved about them! She was also super flexible with arrival time, because we wanted to get there early for pictures. With all that said, if you want extras (extra time, extra stations), expect to pay for that. We were able to drop off all our decorations, ceremony materials, and reception materials the week prior to the wedding, and the staff set everything up perfectly! We did not have to think about anything because we knew it was all being handled. The one issue we had was that our matire'd was switched the day of, and it seemed as though there was some confusion on the staff side, so no one was there to let us into the mansion when we arrived (we had to wait about 15 minutes). With that said, they were very accommodating and certainly made up for that problem. Our ceremony also ran long (40 minutes instead of 30), so they let us stay 10 minutes passed our scheduled reception end time for no extra cost. Food was unbelievable - cocktail stations, passed hors d'oeuvres, and entrees. They also renovated the mansion right before our wedding and they just made the place even more beautiful. There are not enough positive things we can say about this venue. We highly recommend it for your wedding!!

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Samantha S

I had my wedding there this past weekend August 12th, 2016, if I could give more than 5 stars I would. From the day I first visited Pen Ryn to the day of my wedding, I have had nothing but positive experiences. Megan the sales manager, Karen, Caitlyn, Howard, Eden, Paris, Blaze... Read More & the waiters, all of the staff is wonderful and did anything to please my guests. I forgot to write out 3 tables full of place cards the staff managed to flawlessly seat my guests where I wanted them. My older guests wanted some coffee, the waiter quickly served them. It started raining during our pictures the staff brought out umbrellas for us. I have had so many compliments on how excellent the food was (filet, chicken francaise, salmon florentine, mash potato bar, pasta station, cheesesteak egg rolls, wedding cake). The prices are very reasonable & the venue is beautifully remodeled!! It was an amazing night, so much that my bridesmaids father tried booking her wedding there that night!!! I'm so sad for it to be over, Pen Ryn will exceed all of your expectations!!!!

Reviewed on 7/14/2016 Britt D

My husband and I just returned from our honeymoon following our 7/2/16 reception at the Pen Ryn Mansion, and we could not be happier with our experience! We started the planning process with Megan back in April 2015, and had such a great time working with her. She was incredibly... Read More patient and sweet, and she was always available for any questions we had. As a result, the day of the wedding was absolutely perfect! Our guests raved about the food, and kept saying how special the venue felt in comparison to the traditional catering hall weddings. We also loved how beautifully the venue photographed! The mansion provided some truly stunning backgrounds for our wedding photographer (especially the library!), and we are thrilled to have these memories captured forever.

Reviewed on 7/11/2016

Don't think twice! If the date that you want is available, stop looking at other vendors and book it! Brianne was extremely accommodating to all of our requests no matter how big or detailed they were. She made the whole planning process a breeze! And on the day of our... Read More wedding, Linda executed flawlessly! THANK YOU BOTH AND THE ENTIRE PEN RYN STAFF FOR MAKING OUR DAY A MEMORABLE AND SPECIAL ONE! By the way, the food was amazing - all of our guests are still raving about it!

Reviewed on 5/10/2016 Elisa S

Absolute amazing staff! Everything went so smoothly, we didn't have to worry about a thing, just to enjoy our day, and that, we did. The decorations were set up exactly how we wanted, the food was delicious, and I can't talk enough about the amazing staff, Nicole, Tory, Linda,... Read More and Megan

Reviewed on 5/10/2016 Brian H

Even though we just missed out on their stunning new renovations to their location, we were so happy with how amazing the venue looked and how easy they made our day for both my husband and I.

Reviewed on 4/01/2016 marianne s

Pen Ryn is one of those places that you instantly fall in love with. That was my experience the day I booked my wedding in 2014. Besides its evident beauty, the staff and management there will do everything in their power to make sure your wedding is everything you've dreamed. I... Read More know this first hand because I was very upset by some some changes that were made to the mansion to enhance it, (I'm the oddball bride that liked it before the enhancements) and upon them learning of my disappointment they have gone above and beyond to make my wedding extra special. Brianne is an absolute sweetheart who genuinely cares about your wants and needs and the owner is very much involved in that process as well. You're definitely in the best possible hands, and wedding venue with Pen Ryn, not to mention one of the most beautiful.

Reviewed on 11/20/2015 Danielle D

Just seeing the beautiful Pen Ryn and all they have to offer makes it an easy pick. Meeting Brianne Sheahan will also help you to choose, she's the absolute sweetest and very knowledgable! Brianne was quick to respond to e-mails, she was helpful in making decisions, she is full... Read More of creative ideas, and was VERY down to earth! All the staff at Pen Ryn were on the ball, with reminder emails leading up to the big day helping everything run smoothly and then of course on the big day! The ENTIRE staff was so kind and attentive! Every time I turned around they were there to see if me and my (now) husband needed anything, but without over stepping. They allowed me to have a first look and approve all the decor at the reception hall, which was done perfectly! They made sure we had everything we needed in the bridal suite. I'm just amazed at how sweet and attentive they really were! We got so many compliments on the food and drinks at Pen Ryn! They definitely do not skimp on flavor of the food and alcohol in the drinks, everything was on point! The signature drinks I made up without even tasting were an absolute hit! EVERYONE complimented them and it's because the bartenders were that good! I would absolutely recommend this venue to all brides! Before my wedding I heard nothing but good things about Pen Ryn, even from brides who got married here 5 years ago! And they didn't let me down! Best day everrrrrr <3 thank you Pen Ryn Belle Vior Manor!