Penn Oaks Golf Club

West Chester, PA

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Simply Perfect

Our expertise in achieving - Simply Perfect - events is reflected in the personal attention we give to the big picture down to the smallest details. From elegant stations to formal sit down dinners, Penn Oaks will make your wedding events spectacular and create memories that you will cherish forever!

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Country Club, Garden, Restaurant, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Shuttle Service, Transportation

150 Penn Oaks Drive, West Chester, PA (484) 842-0601

Reviewed on 2/09/2017 Lindsay A

We cannot say enough wonderful things about our wedding at Penn Oaks! We got married October 2016 and everything was just perfect. Our coordinator was Carina and she made sure everything went off without a hitch. All the decorations and details looked beautiful, the cocktail... Read More hour and food was amazing and the space overall worked so well, even for our large wedding of 220 people. We also had our ceremony on site and the outdoor gazebo space was so nice. Then our guests only had to take a few steps to the patio where we hosted our cocktail hour. It was all so convenient! Knowing that our family and friends love to dance, we opted to have the band and dance floor on the patio so there was more space for dancing. This setup worked perfectly and the dance floor was packed all night! We are still hearing from our guests how much fun they had at our wedding and this is all thanks to the team at Penn Oaks. We would highly recommend Penn Oaks for any formal functions!

Reviewed on 1/31/2017 Tara R

Penn Oaks is amazing! My husband and I had our wedding reception there in December and it was absolutely beautiful. The food and desserts were fantastic. Carina and the rest of the staff were wonderful and made sure our day was perfect. We could ant have picked a better venue.

Reviewed on 1/19/2017 Dede M

Penn Oaks exceeded every expectation I had for our wedding. From the actual space, to the food, and then to the people/service- everything was, “simply perfect.” On our first visit to Penn Oaks I knew it was the right venue for our wedding and reception. Our coordinator Dawn and... Read More the owner Steve went out of their way to make us feel welcomed. Not every wedding venue made us feel welcomed or relaxed. They treated us like family from the moment we walked in and continued to treat us like family throughout our wedding journey. I knew I wouldn’t get this personal attention and service at any other venue. I have food allergies and my father is handicapped. Penn Oaks worked hard to make both issues a non-issue. The day of our wedding everything went absolutely perfect. I tend to be a perfectionist so it takes a lot for me to say something was perfect. Nothing went wrong thanks to the attention to detail of Dawn and the Penn Oaks staff. The tent sparkled for our nighttime wedding and cocktail hour. Every photo looked amazing with those lights. We had a seamless transition from ceremony to cocktail hour. Cocktail hour was phenomenal due to the food, drinks, and atmosphere. We upgraded to the Freddy’s station which was a huge crowd pleasure. We had the most compliments for that station! We are huge Freddy’s fans so it made our wedding uniquely “us”! After cocktail hour ended, our guests only had to walk into the ball room for dinner and dancing. It was extremely convenient to have everything in one venue. Dinner was delicious and the portions were very generous. Lisa, our banquet manager, made sure everything ran smoothly. We had zero complaints from our guests, only numerous compliments. We had the perfect wedding thanks to the entire staff from Penn Oaks. It was the right choice for us and I know it will be the right choice for you.

Reviewed on 12/20/2016 Regina M

This venue was PERFECT for our winter wedding. They have a 20% discount for weddings December-February and it let us be able to upgrade our package on a smaller budget. Carina was our wedding coordinator and she was responsive with the millions of questions I asked her. We... Read More had the ceremony in the heated tent, and we received compliments from everyone about how beautiful the space was. We were able to save food stations until the end of the night too that way guests could have late night munchies. The wedding party and I got ready in the bridal suite, which was huge and comfortably fit all of us and the beauticians. We were checked up on all day to make sure we didn't need anything. They really came through for us at the last minute when we saw the weather was going to be bad, and we were able to get a shuttle arranged the day before the wedding. Also, the day of, they decided to valet park the cars since the road was a little icy and it was cold. Overall, this was the most beautiful wedding I could have ever asked for, and working with Penn Oaks was very stress free. I could not have imagined a more perfect venue for my December wedding!

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Mollie A

I can not say enough about how excellent Penn Oaks Golf Club. Dawn Claffey was wonderful to work with. She listened to my ideas, provided me with excellent suggestions from her many years of experience, and was extremely accommodating. Everything including the food, service, and... Read More staff was top notch. The room where cocktail hour was held looks stunningly beautiful at night all light up. My guests are still raving about the venue and how much they loved the atmosphere Penn Oaks created. I would recommend Penn Oaks as a wedding venue to any new bride looking for a great place

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Allie H

GO TO PENN OAKS! I cannot say enough about how amazing our wedding was. The venue is absouletly gorgeous! The course is great for photos and the indoor tent is very romantic and spacious. The food is incredible, we did chicken and salmon which were both delicious. The bartenders... Read More were great and even nailed our signature drink which was an old fashion. Carina was our coordinator and she was wonderful! I cannot say enough things about her! She kept us organized throughout the whole process , always responded to emails in a timely manner, and the day of the wedding she kept my whole bridal party organized and had us start as soon as our final bus arrived! she even sewed the button on one of the groommens jacket back on before the cermoney and when our card box wasn't working she allowed us to use the box from penn oaks. We also worked with Lisa and Sarah throughout the night who were also wonderful and helpful! Later on we even found out that due to strong winds , penn oaks was actually running on a back up generator ! haha and nobody even knew ! my wedding was perfect because of Penn Oaks!!! I would highly recommend this venue to anyone in the area! -Allie and Drew 11/19/16

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Melinda L

Picking the perfect wedding venue is very stressful – The moment I stepped into Penn Oaks I feel in love with the place. I couldn’t be happier with my decision to have my Wedding at Penn Oaks. The wedding coordinator (Dawn) and the staff made my day absolutely perfect! Dawn was... Read More amazing to work with she was extremely nice, helpful and well organized. The venue itself was beautiful but Dawn and the staff did an amazing job with the décor. Our ceremony was supposed to be outside however due to the rain (brides worse fear) the ceremony was moved to the Patio and it was perfect!!! The food was amazing. I still have family and friends talking about how great venue. I highly recommend Penn Oaks!!!!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016

At first it seemed like a big choice as to where to have my wedding but I couldn't be happier that I picked Penn Oaks! They made my day absolutely perfect! I worked with Carina as my wedding coordinator and she was the best! Carina was extremely nice, organized and did anything... Read More she could to make my day special, I can't say enough nice things about her, she truly made the experience even more wonderful. The venue itself is really beautiful. If you are planning an outdoor ceremony there are great views of the golf club all around. I wanted our ceremony to be outside and unfortunately we had rain all day but the staff was so accommodating in trying to wait until the last minute to set up outside and when they couldn't, they made the covered patio just as beautiful as outside would have been, probably even more so with all of the soft up-lighting they provide, so you will definitely be covered either way! The food there is great, I have had many family and friends tell me how much they enjoyed all of the appetizers, food stations and their dinners and that they just couldn't believe how good everything was! Penn Oaks gives you a ton of food options and there packages include so much it is unbelievable! I would whole-heartedly recommend Penn Oaks to anyone getting married, they are kind, courteous, efficient and they are all genuinely happy that you picked them to share your special day with! I can't say enough good things about them and how happy I am that I picked them and I hope you do too!

2017-02-21T16:09:24 Response from the vendor

We're so happy you chose Penn Oaks for your wedding. It is truly an honor to be able to share the experience with you, and your guests. Seeing all of the happy, smiling faces makes it so worthwhile for me. - Carina

Reviewed on 10/09/2016

We just had our daughters wedding at Penn Oaks and it was absolutely amazing. Even though it rained, the inside venue was gorgeous. We heard over and over again how fantastic the food was, not to mention the amount of food available. Our event planner was Carina, and she was... Read More great to work with, and I suggest asking for her! Anything and everything you could have asked for was never too much. I truly can't say enough great things about Penn Oaks!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Peggy R

Not military friendly. They were entirely on board until we explained to them that we would need a military clause. The date was sold out from under us while we were waiting for an answer and we barely got an apology. We loved the venue, but if you are military, I would not... Read More recommend it at all.

2017-02-21T16:06:33 Response from the vendor

We're always sorry when someone can't get their choice of date. As we only host one wedding at a time here, dates get booked on a first come basis. We've hosted many military weddings here at Penn Oaks, and we honor our troops and their... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Lisa I

Had our wedding here 9/4/16 with Carina and everything was absolutely perfect! All of the details were executed exactly as I imagined! The venue was so accommodating and made the day a breeze. I knew I had nothing to worry about from the first meeting with Carina to the final... Read More walk through on the day of our wedding. Would highly recommend Penn Oaks Golf Club! Had nothing but compliments from all of our guests.

Reviewed on 9/17/2016 Katie M

Perfect venue for a romantic wedding! I highly recommend!

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Jessica D

My husband and I got married on August 26, 2016 at Penn Oaks where we had both our ceremony and reception and I cannot begin to explain how AMAZING it was. Our wedding coordinator was Carina and she was THE ABSOLUTE BEST! Please ask for her!!! You will not regret it. The amount... Read More of patience she had, in order to deal with me and my family was truly extraordinary. She helped made our day go so perfect. On the day of the wedding Penn Oaks' staff were so nice, welcoming and tended to our every need. No need to worry about the food either. Our guests made sure to express how tasty the food was! Our family is accustomed to Caribbean food and during our food tasting we asked the chef if they could add jerk seasoning to our plates and needless to say it was a hit!!! What I love is that Penn Oaks went out their way to make sure the food was how we wanted it to be! During cocktail hour the food would not stop coming!!! The bartenders were super nice and to top off the amazing night my husband surprised me with fireworks! Our guests kept telling us how and I quote, "It was best wedding they've been to!!!". The stress leading up to it was worth it due to the end result! I'm so happy we picked this venue and honestly wish we could re-live it again <3 Please make an appointment to visit Penn Oaks!! The grounds are beautiful (perfect for photos!!!!) and the reception hall is gorgeous! Definitely a day you will never forget!!!!

Reviewed on 8/24/2016 Wendy F

Penn Oaks was a great wedding venue. It offers great service, winter discount and amazing coordinator who made sure everything is in placed on the day of as well as rehearsal. I will recommend Penn Oaks to any future bride to be. The golf course was very pretty for pictures and... Read More my wedding was in the winter, so we had the heated tent set up for the ceremony and cocktail hours with lights in the surrounding. Everything turned out amazing and wonderful for our day, we couldn't be happier!

Reviewed on 8/24/2016 Mark W

Penn Oaks helped make our wedding amazing. The entire staff went above and beyond to make sure every detail went perfectly throughout the entire day. Very responsive and easy to work with, I cannot recommend them high enough!

Reviewed on 4/27/2016 Gabrielle L

My husband (still getting used to saying that!) and I had our wedding at Penn Oaks on Sunday 4/24/16. I couldn't have asked for a better venue. I have dreamed about my wedding my whole life, and Penn Oaks helped make my dreams come true. From the moment we first looked at the... Read More venue in November 2015, we fell in love and knew it was where we had to have our wedding. Jeanette C was our wedding coordinator, and she was amazing. She was very kind, helpful, responsive, and professional. We had a 5-month engagement, and Jeanette helped make sure everything got done. The night of the wedding Lisa was there to help, and she was also very friendly and helpful. The food at our tasting was so good, it was hard to pick just 2 entrees, but we ended up choosing the Chicken Meditteranean and the Stuffed Flounder, both of which were delicious! Our cocktail hour, though my husband and I only attended for a short time, was great, and everyone raved about all of the food! Thank you Penn Oaks for helping us create the wedding of our dreams! If you are looking for a great venue in West Chester, I highly suggest Penn Oaks Golf Club!

Reviewed on 4/03/2016 Pamela L

Carina from Penn Oaks exceeded my expectations! The place was decorated beautifully and everything ran smoothly. Everyone at Penn Oaks on the day of was helpful and super attentive.

2017-02-21T15:58:35 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for allowing me the pleasure of helping you celebrate your wedding here at Penn Oaks. I'll be sure to tell the team you wonderful thoughts. - Carina

Penn Oaks Golf Club & Dawn Claffey

Reviewed on 12/03/2015 Steph L

Penn Oaks Golf Club…BEAUTIFUL place to have a reception! My husband & I had our reception at Penn Oaks(11/14/15) and were so pleased with how perfectly everything turned out! Food is DELICIOUS - all guests have been raving since! Dawn Claffey was a pleasure to work with... Read More in planning our wedding reception at Penn Oaks! Dawn was very patient during the entire process. She takes the time to meet with you/family to go over details, etc. Lisa also helped to make sure everything went smoothly during our reception…very sweet & attentive ALL evening. All of our family and friends have been going on about how fun & beautiful our wedding was since!

Our Perfect Day

Reviewed on 11/15/2015 Amanda I

We got married at Penn Oaks on September 6, 2015. Dawn and her staff were spectacular! She saw us through every aspect of planning. My parents are EXTREMELY detail-oriented and I'm an only child, and Dawn answered each and every one of their questions patiently and kindly. She... Read More never once made us feel like a nuisance! The day was gorgeous - every step was perfectly planned and everything flowed smoothly. My guests were never kept waiting. The food was delicious and the presentation was gorgeous. Dawn made sure her staff took great care of us - they ran back and forth getting us water! Haha, we were constantly parched due to all the excitement and everyone was gracious and lovely. There was even a wedding before ours, which I had worried about, but all my worries were in vain - it was as if we were their only wedding that day! I cannot articulate how perfect everything was - Dawn and each member of her staff made it the best day of our lives, and I couldn't help but remark to my new husband, at least six times, "Everything is perfect!" They even offer fireworks as a part of the package, and my father-in-law decided to splurge on it for us. It was amazing and they did a truly incredible job! Thank you so much to everyone at Penn Oaks who made our wedding day amazing!

Bride

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Erin M

We had the most amazing wedding at Penn Oaks Golf Club. We had our dinner in the ballroom and all of the cocktail hour and dancing was on the patio. The lighting on the patio was the most picturesque, magical thing I have ever seen. When I first walked in I almost cried... Read More because it looked so incredibly beautiful. Dawn was our coordinator and did above and beyond to make sure everything was exactly how we wanted it to be. She was always flexible and met with us around our times. She made sure she asked us what we wanted before making any decisions and put together all of our centerpieces. It was the most amazing time and I could not recommend this venue more. The entire staff the day of was so accommodating and made sure that Mike and I had the best time of our lives. All of our guest raved about how much fun it was! Could not have dreamed up a better venue or experience!

So easy...

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Stacy G

Compared to the horror stories that I heard from past, present, and future brides about their venues, I was overly delighted at the ease associated with getting my reception together. Dawn was AMAZING...and she made this process better than I EVER expected. I am a very detail... Read More oriented person and I was ecstatic with how good everything worked out!!

Simply Perfect!

Reviewed on 10/19/2015

Having our wedding at Penn Oaks was the best decision we made. Everything was perfect! Dawn made sure every detail was taken care of and the entire staff was professional and accommodating.

Wedding- 8/15

Reviewed on 9/17/2015

I just got married on August 28, 2015, and had my wedding reception held at Penn Oaks. I found Penn Oaks originally and heard many wonderful things about it from others. One of the major reasons my husband and I loved Penn Oaks is their large tent area. We were able to use... Read More both the ballroom and the tent room throughout the night. The tent provided the perfect space for dancing and other activities, including the photo booth. All of our guests were in the tent at the end of the night and there were many chairs and seating available to watch the dancing. We worked with Carina and she did a wonderful job making sure that we were on the same page during the whole process. The staff on the day of our wedding did a beautiful job setting up our reception area beautifully. The decorations we brought were all displayed nicely. The tables looked beautiful, the food was delicious, and our guests can't stop talking about how beautiful it was! I would highly recommend Penn Oaks for anyone looking for a classy, tasteful wedding venue. The greens also provides beautiful space for pictures. We were able to even use a golf cart and drive to other parts of the green for different backdrops. Thank you Penn Oaks for making my day so special!

Exceptional Service!

Reviewed on 9/09/2015 Christine U

We had our wedding at Penn Oaks Golf Club and we could not be more happy with the quality of service that we received! They went above and beyond every expectation that we had set! From the very beginning, they were extremely attentive and always answered any questioned that we... Read More had. They were always courteous, genuine, and professional. Every detail of my wedding mattered to them- from the ceremony to reception. Carina was there every step of the way, ensuring that the day would be perfect- and it was more than that! My husband and I could not be more happy with the day. The staff was courteous to all of our guest and our family and friends could not believe the service that the Penn Oaks staff provided. Carina and Lisa were by our sides the entire day, making sure that we were always comfortable! The food is outstanding and the presentation of the entrees is very elegant. It is a day that we will always remember. I can not say enough nice things about this venue, and I would highly recommend it! Thank you, Penn Oaks! We had a fabulous time!

DonovanTimesTwo

Reviewed on 8/23/2015

My wedding day at Penn Oaks Golf Club was everything I could have hoped it to be... The day was perfect from beginning to end. The staff was phenomenal, consistently checking in with the wedding party to make sure we had everything we needed. The ceremony was flawless, the food... Read More was incredible, the reception was elegant and romantic, the day over all was simply perfect!!! All my wedding guest stated that they have never ever been to such a beautiful wedding. A special thanks to Carina and Lisa, these two ladies were amazing in making sure my special day went off without a hitch! I recommend Penn Oaks Golf Club to any future brides to be!!