Penn Oaks Golf Club

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

• Outdoor - Covered

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Country Club, Garden, Restaurant, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Shuttle Service, Transportation

150 Penn Oaks Drive, West Chester, PA

Reviewed on 4/03/2016 Pamela L

Carina from Penn Oaks exceeded my expectations! The place was decorated beautifully and everything ran smoothly. Everyone at Penn Oaks on the day of was helpful and super attentive.

GO TO PENN OAKS!!!

Reviewed on 7/16/2014 Jessica Z

I want to start by saying that our day was so perfect and wonderful and Penn Oaks Golf Club made our wedding a dream come true! When I began my search for a venue I wanted a mansion wedding with a tent and all the works and was complete against any country club venue. Boy, was I... Read More ever so wrong. By listening to the advice of one of my close relatives, I got over myself and made the appointment, with absolutely no expectations. When we met Dawn and saw the facilities it was love at first sight. The banquet room was gorgeous, it had afire place and the 90 degree angle of windows, which gave it that personal feel (not conference room like), the tent was amazing with chandeliers and drapery (not a pitched up tent, like at other venues), the tent was built on right off of the banquet room and then there was the ceremony space, right off the tent (a perfect flow) a beautiful outside with so many flowers and a gazebo! The venue was so perfect, if it rained (which it did not) I would be OK with having the ceremony in the tent space, that says a lot when I refused to get married inside. Now that is the venue! Lets get to the staff, our coordinator was Dawn. She was amazing to work with and helped me with all the little details and all the steps. I work full/all the time and planning a wedding should be really stressful. Dawn made me feel at ease and was always there to remind me of my next steps. So much so that I had everything I needed (guestbook, place cards, wedding favors etc.) dropped off to her the Wednesday before our big day. She even checked my champagne flutes and anything glass to make sure there were no cracks or damages! I can't thank her enough. And now for the wedding day its self! I was able to drop of everything (dress, shoes, etc.) before getting my hair done so everything was ready when I arrived. When I arrived, was I ever so lucky, Dawn and Lisa were both there to make sure my whole day ran smoothly and it did. All timing was perfect so that we still could enjoy our evening, even Lisa sat us down and made us eat (from what I hear most brides do not get to enjoy that luxury)! It was the most beautiful day. Now, lastly the guests, unless no one is telling me, I have had only great things said from the ceremony, food and reception. We have been married just over a month and family and friends still are raving me and complimenting me that I could not have picked a better venue. And now to all the brides to be, most importantly to me was cost, my husband and I had some help, but most of the cost was on us. I wanted the mansion venue, where I would have had to provide everything, tables, chairs linens!!! Penn Oaks, included all the food all the drinks, cake and centerpieces and most importantly came with Dawn!, if anything Penn Oaks needs to raise their prices for all that is included!!! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you to everyone at Penn Oaks! Ladies, please do not do what I did and ignore this venue! Take a chance, I did and would not change a think about our wedding day!

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Mollie A

I can not say enough about how excellent Penn Oaks Golf Club. Dawn Claffey was wonderful to work with. She listened to my ideas, provided me with excellent suggestions from her many years of experience, and was extremely accommodating. Everything including the food, service, and... Read More staff was top notch. The room where cocktail hour was held looks stunningly beautiful at night all light up. My guests are still raving about the venue and how much they loved the atmosphere Penn Oaks created. I would recommend Penn Oaks as a wedding venue to any new bride looking for a great place

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Allie H

GO TO PENN OAKS! I cannot say enough about how amazing our wedding was. The venue is absouletly gorgeous! The course is great for photos and the indoor tent is very romantic and spacious. The food is incredible, we did chicken and salmon which were both delicious. The bartenders... Read More were great and even nailed our signature drink which was an old fashion. Carina was our coordinator and she was wonderful! I cannot say enough things about her! She kept us organized throughout the whole process , always responded to emails in a timely manner, and the day of the wedding she kept my whole bridal party organized and had us start as soon as our final bus arrived! she even sewed the button on one of the groommens jacket back on before the cermoney and when our card box wasn't working she allowed us to use the box from penn oaks. We also worked with Lisa and Sarah throughout the night who were also wonderful and helpful! Later on we even found out that due to strong winds , penn oaks was actually running on a back up generator ! haha and nobody even knew ! my wedding was perfect because of Penn Oaks!!! I would highly recommend this venue to anyone in the area! -Allie and Drew 11/19/16

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Melinda L

Picking the perfect wedding venue is very stressful – The moment I stepped into Penn Oaks I feel in love with the place. I couldn’t be happier with my decision to have my Wedding at Penn Oaks. The wedding coordinator (Dawn) and the staff made my day absolutely perfect! Dawn was... Read More amazing to work with she was extremely nice, helpful and well organized. The venue itself was beautiful but Dawn and the staff did an amazing job with the décor. Our ceremony was supposed to be outside however due to the rain (brides worse fear) the ceremony was moved to the Patio and it was perfect!!! The food was amazing. I still have family and friends talking about how great venue. I highly recommend Penn Oaks!!!!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016

At first it seemed like a big choice as to where to have my wedding but I couldn't be happier that I picked Penn Oaks! They made my day absolutely perfect! I worked with Carina as my wedding coordinator and she was the best! Carina was extremely nice, organized and did anything... Read More she could to make my day special, I can't say enough nice things about her, she truly made the experience even more wonderful. The venue itself is really beautiful. If you are planning an outdoor ceremony there are great views of the golf club all around. I wanted our ceremony to be outside and unfortunately we had rain all day but the staff was so accommodating in trying to wait until the last minute to set up outside and when they couldn't, they made the covered patio just as beautiful as outside would have been, probably even more so with all of the soft up-lighting they provide, so you will definitely be covered either way! The food there is great, I have had many family and friends tell me how much they enjoyed all of the appetizers, food stations and their dinners and that they just couldn't believe how good everything was! Penn Oaks gives you a ton of food options and there packages include so much it is unbelievable! I would whole-heartedly recommend Penn Oaks to anyone getting married, they are kind, courteous, efficient and they are all genuinely happy that you picked them to share your special day with! I can't say enough good things about them and how happy I am that I picked them and I hope you do too!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016

We just had our daughters wedding at Penn Oaks and it was absolutely amazing. Even though it rained, the inside venue was gorgeous. We heard over and over again how fantastic the food was, not to mention the amount of food available. Our event planner was Carina, and she was... Read More great to work with, and I suggest asking for her! Anything and everything you could have asked for was never too much. I truly can't say enough great things about Penn Oaks!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Peggy R

Not military friendly. They were entirely on board until we explained to them that we would need a military clause. The date was sold out from under us while we were waiting for an answer and we barely got an apology. We loved the venue, but if you are military, I would not... Read More recommend it at all.

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Lisa I

Had our wedding here 9/4/16 with Carina and everything was absolutely perfect! All of the details were executed exactly as I imagined! The venue was so accommodating and made the day a breeze. I knew I had nothing to worry about from the first meeting with Carina to the final... Read More walk through on the day of our wedding. Would highly recommend Penn Oaks Golf Club! Had nothing but compliments from all of our guests.

Reviewed on 9/17/2016 Katie M

Perfect venue for a romantic wedding! I highly recommend!

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Jessica D

My husband and I got married on August 26, 2016 at Penn Oaks where we had both our ceremony and reception and I cannot begin to explain how AMAZING it was. Our wedding coordinator was Carina and she was THE ABSOLUTE BEST! Please ask for her!!! You will not regret it. The amount... Read More of patience she had, in order to deal with me and my family was truly extraordinary. She helped made our day go so perfect. On the day of the wedding Penn Oaks' staff were so nice, welcoming and tended to our every need. No need to worry about the food either. Our guests made sure to express how tasty the food was! Our family is accustomed to Caribbean food and during our food tasting we asked the chef if they could add jerk seasoning to our plates and needless to say it was a hit!!! What I love is that Penn Oaks went out their way to make sure the food was how we wanted it to be! During cocktail hour the food would not stop coming!!! The bartenders were super nice and to top off the amazing night my husband surprised me with fireworks! Our guests kept telling us how and I quote, "It was best wedding they've been to!!!". The stress leading up to it was worth it due to the end result! I'm so happy we picked this venue and honestly wish we could re-live it again <3 Please make an appointment to visit Penn Oaks!! The grounds are beautiful (perfect for photos!!!!) and the reception hall is gorgeous! Definitely a day you will never forget!!!!

Reviewed on 8/24/2016 Wendy F

Penn Oaks was a great wedding venue. It offers great service, winter discount and amazing coordinator who made sure everything is in placed on the day of as well as rehearsal. I will recommend Penn Oaks to any future bride to be. The golf course was very pretty for pictures and... Read More my wedding was in the winter, so we had the heated tent set up for the ceremony and cocktail hours with lights in the surrounding. Everything turned out amazing and wonderful for our day, we couldn't be happier!

Reviewed on 8/24/2016 Mark W

Penn Oaks helped make our wedding amazing. The entire staff went above and beyond to make sure every detail went perfectly throughout the entire day. Very responsive and easy to work with, I cannot recommend them high enough!

Reviewed on 4/27/2016 Gabrielle L

My husband (still getting used to saying that!) and I had our wedding at Penn Oaks on Sunday 4/24/16. I couldn't have asked for a better venue. I have dreamed about my wedding my whole life, and Penn Oaks helped make my dreams come true. From the moment we first looked at the... Read More venue in November 2015, we fell in love and knew it was where we had to have our wedding. Jeanette C was our wedding coordinator, and she was amazing. She was very kind, helpful, responsive, and professional. We had a 5-month engagement, and Jeanette helped make sure everything got done. The night of the wedding Lisa was there to help, and she was also very friendly and helpful. The food at our tasting was so good, it was hard to pick just 2 entrees, but we ended up choosing the Chicken Meditteranean and the Stuffed Flounder, both of which were delicious! Our cocktail hour, though my husband and I only attended for a short time, was great, and everyone raved about all of the food! Thank you Penn Oaks for helping us create the wedding of our dreams! If you are looking for a great venue in West Chester, I highly suggest Penn Oaks Golf Club!

Penn Oaks Golf Club & Dawn Claffey

Reviewed on 12/03/2015 Steph L

Penn Oaks Golf Club…BEAUTIFUL place to have a reception! My husband & I had our reception at Penn Oaks(11/14/15) and were so pleased with how perfectly everything turned out! Food is DELICIOUS - all guests have been raving since! Dawn Claffey was a pleasure to work with... Read More in planning our wedding reception at Penn Oaks! Dawn was very patient during the entire process. She takes the time to meet with you/family to go over details, etc. Lisa also helped to make sure everything went smoothly during our reception…very sweet & attentive ALL evening. All of our family and friends have been going on about how fun & beautiful our wedding was since!

Our Perfect Day

Reviewed on 11/15/2015 Amanda I

We got married at Penn Oaks on September 6, 2015. Dawn and her staff were spectacular! She saw us through every aspect of planning. My parents are EXTREMELY detail-oriented and I'm an only child, and Dawn answered each and every one of their questions patiently and kindly. She... Read More never once made us feel like a nuisance! The day was gorgeous - every step was perfectly planned and everything flowed smoothly. My guests were never kept waiting. The food was delicious and the presentation was gorgeous. Dawn made sure her staff took great care of us - they ran back and forth getting us water! Haha, we were constantly parched due to all the excitement and everyone was gracious and lovely. There was even a wedding before ours, which I had worried about, but all my worries were in vain - it was as if we were their only wedding that day! I cannot articulate how perfect everything was - Dawn and each member of her staff made it the best day of our lives, and I couldn't help but remark to my new husband, at least six times, "Everything is perfect!" They even offer fireworks as a part of the package, and my father-in-law decided to splurge on it for us. It was amazing and they did a truly incredible job! Thank you so much to everyone at Penn Oaks who made our wedding day amazing!

Bride

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Erin M

We had the most amazing wedding at Penn Oaks Golf Club. We had our dinner in the ballroom and all of the cocktail hour and dancing was on the patio. The lighting on the patio was the most picturesque, magical thing I have ever seen. When I first walked in I almost cried... Read More because it looked so incredibly beautiful. Dawn was our coordinator and did above and beyond to make sure everything was exactly how we wanted it to be. She was always flexible and met with us around our times. She made sure she asked us what we wanted before making any decisions and put together all of our centerpieces. It was the most amazing time and I could not recommend this venue more. The entire staff the day of was so accommodating and made sure that Mike and I had the best time of our lives. All of our guest raved about how much fun it was! Could not have dreamed up a better venue or experience!

So easy...

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Stacy G

Compared to the horror stories that I heard from past, present, and future brides about their venues, I was overly delighted at the ease associated with getting my reception together. Dawn was AMAZING...and she made this process better than I EVER expected. I am a very detail... Read More oriented person and I was ecstatic with how good everything worked out!!

Simply Perfect!

Reviewed on 10/19/2015

Having our wedding at Penn Oaks was the best decision we made. Everything was perfect! Dawn made sure every detail was taken care of and the entire staff was professional and accommodating.

Wedding- 8/15

Reviewed on 9/17/2015

I just got married on August 28, 2015, and had my wedding reception held at Penn Oaks. I found Penn Oaks originally and heard many wonderful things about it from others. One of the major reasons my husband and I loved Penn Oaks is their large tent area. We were able to use... Read More both the ballroom and the tent room throughout the night. The tent provided the perfect space for dancing and other activities, including the photo booth. All of our guests were in the tent at the end of the night and there were many chairs and seating available to watch the dancing. We worked with Carina and she did a wonderful job making sure that we were on the same page during the whole process. The staff on the day of our wedding did a beautiful job setting up our reception area beautifully. The decorations we brought were all displayed nicely. The tables looked beautiful, the food was delicious, and our guests can't stop talking about how beautiful it was! I would highly recommend Penn Oaks for anyone looking for a classy, tasteful wedding venue. The greens also provides beautiful space for pictures. We were able to even use a golf cart and drive to other parts of the green for different backdrops. Thank you Penn Oaks for making my day so special!

Exceptional Service!

Reviewed on 9/09/2015 Christine U

We had our wedding at Penn Oaks Golf Club and we could not be more happy with the quality of service that we received! They went above and beyond every expectation that we had set! From the very beginning, they were extremely attentive and always answered any questioned that we... Read More had. They were always courteous, genuine, and professional. Every detail of my wedding mattered to them- from the ceremony to reception. Carina was there every step of the way, ensuring that the day would be perfect- and it was more than that! My husband and I could not be more happy with the day. The staff was courteous to all of our guest and our family and friends could not believe the service that the Penn Oaks staff provided. Carina and Lisa were by our sides the entire day, making sure that we were always comfortable! The food is outstanding and the presentation of the entrees is very elegant. It is a day that we will always remember. I can not say enough nice things about this venue, and I would highly recommend it! Thank you, Penn Oaks! We had a fabulous time!

DonovanTimesTwo

Reviewed on 8/23/2015

My wedding day at Penn Oaks Golf Club was everything I could have hoped it to be... The day was perfect from beginning to end. The staff was phenomenal, consistently checking in with the wedding party to make sure we had everything we needed. The ceremony was flawless, the food... Read More was incredible, the reception was elegant and romantic, the day over all was simply perfect!!! All my wedding guest stated that they have never ever been to such a beautiful wedding. A special thanks to Carina and Lisa, these two ladies were amazing in making sure my special day went off without a hitch! I recommend Penn Oaks Golf Club to any future brides to be!!

Reviewed on 8/14/2015 Emily S

My husband and I had our wedding reception at Penn Oaks on 8/7/15. The entire process from start to finish was nothing short of perfection. From the moment I walked into Penn Oaks to visit the venue to the end of reception there, everything was absolutely fantastic. We worked... Read More with Dawn as our coordinator, and she was amazing. She was so easy to talk to and unbelievably organized. She sold me on the venue from day one. She gave great advice and was always on the ball. On the night of our actual wedding, Dawn was there to ensure that everything was running smoothly and that we were on track with everything. She turned everything over to Lisa once the reception got started. Lisa made sure we had everything we needed throughout the entire night. She focused on us as a couple, as well as our guests. We felt so lucky to be in the hands of Dawn and Lisa that evening. Our guests raved about everything. They LOVED the food and raved about the cocktail hour. They had nothing but wonderful things to say about both Dawn and Lisa as well as the bar tenders and other members of the staff. We didn't have one complaint the entire evening. Having our reception at Penn Oaks was a dream come true. We couldn't have asked for a better evening. Fantastic place! Thank you to everyone at Penn Oaks for making our day everything that we wanted it to be!

Loved our wedding at Penn Oaks

Reviewed on 8/13/2015

The staff at Penn Oaks and Carina in particular made sure that everything was perfect for our wedding celebration. It exceeded all of our expectations. I would highly recommend Penn Oaks for any event.

Fantastic Place

Reviewed on 8/03/2015 Marcela G

This is one of the most beautiful wedding venues we've ever seen/been to. The patio, the ballroom, the scenery makes it absolutely amazing. We had our wedding there this past May, and all of our family and friends were really in love with the place. We are still getting... Read More compliments on how beautiful our wedding was. To make things even better, the service their provide is absolutely amazing. Carina was our wedding coordinator and she had the patient of a saint, plus she is incredible helpful. Always there when you needed her, either via e-mail or phone. She paid attention to all the little details I described to her, she made sure to take notes and ask questions. The best part is that she also speaks Spanish, which made it so much easier when I brought my mother to see the place. The Food was AMAZING! I think it tasted better the day of the wedding than the day we had our tasting menu. They were very accommodating and again incredible helpful.