Peppers Artful Events

Serving Cape Cod, The Islands, South Coast & New England

Inspired expressions in food, drink and design

The art of entertaining is enjoying yourself. We take your wedding personally and enjoy making it special and stress-free, even if that means sewing on a last minute button or standing in for a late usher. From a delicious and beautiful menu, dreamy dessert, and customized bar service, to stunning florals and enchanting ambiance, our talented artists design original events within a budget and timeline that works for you. As a certified Green Caterer, we believe in using the freshest ingredients by sourcing from local farms and tailoring our menus to fit what is in season. Let us create your one-of-a-kind dream wedding today

Cuisine

Cajun, Hawaiian, Northeastern, Southern, Southwestern, American, Chinese, Eastern European, French, Greek, Indian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latin American, Mexican, Middle Eastern, BBQ, Fusion, Seafood, Specialty, Thai

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Halal, Nut Free, Organic, Sugar Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

Buffet, Catering Clean Up, Catering Delivery + Setup, Chef Stations, Family Style, Food Trucks, Menu Tastings, Passed Appetizers, Seated Meal, Servers, Food + Catering, Service Staff

Bow2010

Serving Cape Cod, The Islands, South Coast & New England (508) 393-6844

Reviewed on 6/24/2017 Molly D

Pepper's was a wonderful choice for our backyard wedding at my parents' home this spring. Planning an at-home wedding was tricky given the multiple moving parts and various vendors we needed, and Pepper's delivered on every detail we requested. We were drawn to them for their... Read More comprehensive services: they provided both catering services AND decor, which made the planning a little simpler. And they executed so well on our wedding day: from the food preparation to the style and design to the warm and attentive service, Pepper's made a very strong impression on us and on our guests. We knew the food would be delicious, having sampled it at tastings, but we were blown away by how artfully it was prepared, how speedily it was delivered, and how perfectly it was presented. SO many guests commented to us that the service was truly excellent -- there was never a line for the bar and never a wait for a bite of something tasty or a glass of something refreshing. Moreover, we never even saw or heard the trucks moving food from the garage to the catering tent and beyond. It was as if they had conjured food out of thin air -- and turned my parents' back yard into a 5-star restaurant. We are seriously impressed. The florals were truly everything we'd hoped for, in color and style and feel. The colors and varieties of flowers were simply perfect, and every detail was so well-crafted. Pepper's even crafted a custom display board for escort cards and favors we'd found, and the result was amazing. Pepper's poured so much work into making our wedding memorable, beautiful, delicious, and seamless. We join our guests in raving about the high-quality food, the warm and friendly servers, and the smooth and efficient operations that made our wedding day a dream.

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Maria P

I used Peppers for my wedding and it was the best decision I made (aside from saying yes to my fiance). I had a slight disadvantage because I was planning my wedding 3,000 miles away (wedding was in Worcester, and at the time I was living in Los Angeles). I worked closely with... Read More Liz O'Neil at Peppers and she made my life super easy. She is super knowledgeable about the menu and decor. She works with you on the budget and makes sure you are happy with every decision and every detail (and there were a lot of details!). And the food is outstanding! There is a variety to pick from and the chefs create the most memorable dishes. As a former event planner, I can say that having Liz and Peppers as my caterers was by far the best choice I made. The staff at the wedding was professional and on time. The food was delicious. I never worried which made my wedding day flawless. I cannot recommend them enough. And if you call them, ask for Liz. She is so professional and such a pleasure to work with. Thank you Peppers for making my wedding day beautiful, yummy and stress-free!

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Gita R

We are so thankful we chose Pepper's Catering for our wedding! Jody and her team were incredibly easy to work with from our first interaction. Not only was the food delicious but they let us come in for multiple tastings and really adjusted the menu to our preferences. During... Read More the wedding day itself, the Pepper's team was very flexible and able to adapt quickly when the schedule of events changed unexpectedly. Pepper's also helped with some of the decorations for our ceremony and reception, and we've gotten numerous compliments about the food and decor in the days since the wedding. The Pepper's staff was also so friendly and cheerful during the wedding from the event manager to the servers to the bartenders. They really helped create a fun and warm environment for everyone, and they even thoughtfully saved a plate of dessert for me and my husband to take home once they realized we didn't have time to try the dessert during the reception. We highly recommend Pepper's catering to others. You won't regret it!

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Madeline R

My husband and I chose Peppers to cater our wedding this summer and we are SO glad we did! Jody and her staff were absolutely incredible from the very beginning of the process until the wedding day. Jody was so easy to work with and was so responsive to my many emails and... Read More questions. On the day of the wedding, the staff was absolutely amazing. They were extremely attentive to us and our guests and everything moved like clockwork. One staff member was even assigned to the wedding party during cocktail hour to make sure we all got to eat during photos! The staff constantly checked in on my husband and I throughout the night to make sure we had what we needed and offered to bring us food or fresh drinks. We got so many compliments on how thoughtful and attentive the staff was as well as how incredible the food was! At the end of the night, the staff packed up plates of leftovers for my husband and I so we could enjoy our food the next day. The decorations were beautiful, too - everything looked amazing and perfectly in line with what I had envisioned for our day. We were absolutely blown away by the attentiveness and talent of the Peppers staff and would 100% recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Rick A

Peppers Artful Events is a great option for your special day. They were communicative and followed through on te execution of our wedding day. The food is still being talked about and the staff were friendly and efficient. Peppers has creative ideas and great taste.

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Kristen S

Pepper's catered my wedding at Tower Hill Botanic Garden, and they did an outstanding job! I heard from multiple guests that the food was delicious, the flowers were beautiful, and the table settings were unique. Jody was meticulous with each detail and did an excellent job... Read More staying in touch with both my family and the wedding coordinator at our venue. I live out of state, and Jody was very accommodating with my schedule, and her familiarity with Tower Hill was reassuring. Our wedding flowed seamlessly, and much thanks to Peppers Artful Events! Jody's assistant Ariel also helped at my wedding and bridal shower, and she is organized and helpful. There's an excellent team at Pepper's, and I highly recommend their services!

Reviewed on 6/11/2017 Mary K

Pepper's Artful Events exceeded my expectations! In the year leading up to the wedding our coordinator Jody was the most helpful person-- helping us decide on timeline, decor, and menu options. She was prompt in all her responses and incredibly organized and knowledgeable.... Read More Before the wedding, we had an amazing tasting so we expected the food to be good on the day of and we were not disappointed. I was blown away by the food and service and our guests were too! I heard so many amazing things about the food and because the bride and groom are busy during dinner service, they even saved our meals and a piece of cake for each of us to eat when we finally had the chance! They were also great with catering towards certain dietary needs like gluten-free, dairy-free, and nut allergies for some of our guests. When I saw the way the tent looked for the first time I was moved to tears because everything was 10x better than I expected. Pepper's delivered amazing results for us. The day-of staff was accommodating and amazingly helpful. I would not hesitate one bit to recommend Pepper's to anyone planning a wedding.

Reviewed on 4/27/2017 Michael M

Jody and her team at Peppers made for the best night possible for my wife’s 50th. Friends and family are still in awe of the food, service and hospitality. Jody worked seamlessly with the staff at the Connors Center in Dover and took care of every detail. The night was... Read More phenomenal and I can’t say enough about the staff and amazing food. Hosting over 75 guests, our friends were all amazed that I was able coordinate the perfect surprise party for my wife. Truth is - it was Peppers. I would recommend them to anyone in an instant. Peppers worked with me every step of the way, from initial planning, menu selection and graciously accommodated several specific requests. It was more than a pleasure working with them and I now only need to figure out a reason to have another party so I can I hire them again. One of the best nights we’ve ever had together with great food, friends and family. Hire Peppers.

Reviewed on 4/27/2017 Michael M

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Alyssa K

We used Pepper's for our July wedding at the Worcester Art Museum and I would absolutely recommend them for anyone looking for a great caterer. From start to finish, everyone at Pepper's was very professional, knowledgeable, and a pleasure to work with. We worked mostly with Liz... Read More O'Neil and Tracy and they were amazing! Liz was so quick to answer emails (and I sent lots of them), and went out of her way to accommodate any requests I brought up, even dealing with numerous food allergies. The tastings were fun and easy, the menu options were amazing, and it made wedding planning so much less stressful knowing that we were in such good hands. They thought of every detail and made our wedding day seamless and wonderful. Totally worth every penny. They even ran a promotion during our wedding month so our three tiered wedding cake was included! Everything was so delicious!

Reviewed on 8/29/2016 Ali E

We are SO happy we chose Peppers to cater our wedding! Peppers' responsiveness, attention to detail, and efforts to get to know us and what we were hoping for were amazing. We knew at our tasting that we would choose them- never have we eaten so well! It's clear that Peppers is... Read More top-notch in the industry. We felt confident with Peppers' organization and collaboration with all our vendors and the venue. Peppers coordinated our linen and chair rentals and offered beautiful decor options- the presentation was beautiful! Peppers was so accommodating to guest needs and every minor detail. We are vegan and they were happy to help us create an incredible all vegan menu with us- signature drinks, appetizers, buffet, plated salad, bread, coffee/tea, and the most amazing desserts ever! (vegan cheesecake, buckeyes, ganache, carrot cake, chocolate cake). SO SO glad we chose Peppers. Everyone raved about all of the food and they were simply wonderful to work with!

Reviewed on 7/03/2016

There are not enough superlatives words in any language to describe what a wonderful job was done by everyone from chefs to servers to bar staff , all were exceptional. I recommended Peppers without reservation. I am still getting compliments on the food and the staff 4 weeks... Read More after our wedding. Cindy Faragi

Reviewed on 6/20/2016

We had a great Pepper's experience for our wedding held at a historic home in Providence. Every staff member was easy to work with, creative, and open to our ideas and special requests. We also collaborated well on the décor which we loved. We had a tapas style reception and... Read More the food was fabulous! The on-site staff did a great job too.

Reviewed on 12/10/2015 Alexandra L

We had a great experience working with Jody and Traci from Pepper's! My husband and I were doing a non traditional daytime wedding and they worked with us to create a great passed hors d'oeuvres and desserts menu that our guests loved. We had to make a last minute decision about... Read More whether to hold the ceremony and reception indoors or outside and the staff was great about getting everything set up quickly once we made the call to move indoors. I also loved that they noticed I didn't eat anything during the reception and made sure to make a plate of food for me for afterwards- they took great care of us and our guests and we would wholeheartedly recommend them!

Reviewed on 9/23/2015 Whitney K

Start to finish our experience with Pepper’s Fine Catering and Jody Boyajian was incredible. Jody and her team exceeded any expectation I had in a wedding caterer. Jody was such a pleasure to work with. She spent a lot of time getting to know my now husband and I, our... Read More personalities and our visions for our wedding. We changed our catering strategy midway through planning and not only was Jody very patient but she was very involved in suggesting ways to meet our venue restrictions and catering visions. She was also very responsive throughout the whole process always responding timely. Her attention to detail and completeness in planning was evident in all our meetings and communication as well as our final venue walkthrough – allowing us to truly trust her and be able to show up at our wedding knowing everything was going to be perfect. It was also evident how passionate she is about her job. She always made you feel that your day was very special – that you weren’t just another bride on her list of events. She really wanted to make your day as perfect as you had imagined it to be. With that being said – the day of our wedding – we were completely blown away by what Jody, her team and Pepper’s Fine Catering accomplished. The food was incredible and we continue to hear how impressed our guests were by not only the food itself but the creativity and presentation of the stations, bars and hors d’oeuvres. It is a full package operation. The Pepper’s team decorated all our surfaces in ways I couldn’t have imagined but also in a way that echoed our theme. And the CAKE!!! Our cake was not only beautiful but it was absolutely delicious. I can’t wait until our one year anniversary to order the salted caramel devil's food cake again. If you’re looking for a caterer who is attentive, professional, courteous, personable, responsive, respects your budget and really shows that they care about your event HIRE PEPPER’s!! You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 8/16/2015

Pepper’s recently catered my wedding at Tuckerman Hall. Trish Sherman was amazing to work with and helped us develop the perfect menu. She and the peppers staff worked seamlessly with our other vendors. The food was phenomenal (guests are still talking about it) and looked... Read More great too. We made a lot of our own decorations, and Trish and the design team set everything up and complemented perfectly with their own décor.

2015-08-17T03:11:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you. We are so pleased that you took the time and were so gracious with your compliments to Trish and our team. They all had expressed their joy of servicing you and your guests and as always, we love working in collaboration with the... Read Less Read More

ndnsms desk

Reviewed on 8/15/2015

We initially met with Jody, who was obviously knowledgeable and had worked with our venue before, which helped to put our minds at ease. Without getting into the gory details, let's just say that she is also deft at maneuvering politics within families, which is much... Read More appreciated. One of the reasons we went with Peppers was their affordability, but we were floored by the quality of the food as well as the service during the event. The tasting that we went to was outstanding: the food and decor excellent and the staff and chefs friendly and open. As we built our custom menu, Jody acted as liaison between us and the chefs to create a Japanese inspired American comfort food menu with tsukemono appetizers, miso sweet potatoes, and spicy garlic green beans. The sides were everyone's favorite! Appetizers were also gone as soon as they came out of the kitchen, they were that good! Darcy, our event coordinator the day of, was personable and well-liked on both sides of the aisle. The staff set up all of our personal touches and decor perfectly and our signature cocktail was served to specifications as well. A huge thank you to everyone at Pepper's for helping to coordinate and plan an amazing wedding for us. We could not be happier! This is definitely more than just a food service company, they are the whole package!

Catering

Reviewed on 8/11/2015 Viki T

This caterer is amazing. They take their job seriously. Every aspect was taken care of. They have their own bakery, and our cake came out so good. Everyone at our wedding commented on how professional the staff was. I highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 7/13/2015 Maria N

We could not recommend Pepper’s Fine Catering more! We have heard from many, many guests that ours was the best wedding food they’ve ever had, and we agree! Not only is the food extraordinarily delicious, but the service is beyond amazing. Kathleen and Liz gave us everything we... Read More asked for and more. They went out of their way to make sure everything was just right, even acting as wedding day planners to help set up and make sure everything ran smoothly. They went above and beyond by making special meals for my picky nephews too! They just seemed to ‘get’ us and everything from the food to the décor was more than we could have imagined. Delicious food, presented beautifully-you can not go wrong hiring pepper’s Fine Catering!

Great to Work With

Reviewed on 6/05/2015 Channon A

Pepper's was a great vendor to work with. We were having an early afternoon wedding so we weren't doing a formal sit down meal and they were great with giving us suggestions about what types of foods we could offer instead. Before the wedding, they were great with... Read More communication and planning for the big day. During our final walk through they worked with our venue to make sure everything was set. On the day of the wedding, Pepper's had amazing staff that made everything run smoothly. The food was great too. We ended up offering passed hors d'oeuvres during the cocktail hour and then had some display stations with cheeses, finger sandwiches, veggies, etc during the reception. It was a great way to help us stay within our budget and feed our guests. They were so thoughtful too. They brought some of the hors d'oeuvres out to the bridal party while we were doing photos so we wouldn't miss out. Later in the day they saw that the drink I was holding was just about empty and they asked if they could get me a fresh one. Pepper's is a great company that I would definitely recommend.

Fantastic service, food, and value

Reviewed on 5/29/2015 Hayley M

We used Pepper's for many of our needs: food, dessert, tables, chairs, bartenders, linens, and more. From the beginning they were willing to work with us, whether it was finding the right food for our event, making suggestions, even helping us cut cost where we could. They... Read More helped us cater to (no pun intended) the multiple food allergies in our families, making sure all menus were labeled and always making suggestions. The dessert was incredible, people raved about it and asked which bakery we used. It made it so easy to have one vendor do so much. Jody was our sales manager and Kathleen was our day-of event manager. They were the dream team! Thank you, Pepper's!

Great Food and Service

Reviewed on 3/04/2015

We were really lucky to have help from Liz, Lindsey and Lisa at Pepper's. They are so detailed, patient and good taste. The wedding would not be that memorable without them. The food was awesome and the decoration was beautiful. It is the best choice. They pay attention to the... Read More details to satisfy the clients. We really appreciate that. Do recommend!!

The BEST!!

Reviewed on 1/08/2015

June 26, 2014 we hired Peppers to cater a wedding at Glen Manor House in RI. The food, service ,staff and presentation could not have been better. As my family was in the food service/hotel business, I am particular. Peppers exceeded my expectations with great attention to... Read More detail. The flavor of the cake was especially created for us and was perfect. Everyone has said it was the best cake and wedding food they have had. Would absolutely hire them again...and again.

2015-01-13T06:59:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for choosing us to cater your special day. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the wedding cake and food. We look forward to catering more of your events in the future!

Pepper's turned a rainy wedding into something special

Reviewed on 10/22/2014 Becca S

I would give Pepper's more than five stars if I could. They are in the business of wish-fulfillment, and they deliver far beyond expectations. When we, the clients, had vague ideas of what we wanted but no clue how to bring them into being, Pepper's staff members came up with... Read More ingenious and beautiful solutions in every area — menu, cake, site decoration, and flowers. And their food is superb. For me the most stunning thing was Pepper’s’s ability to handle a last-minute change of ceremony venue because of rain: in just a couple of hours, they transformed a bare tent on a gloomy day into a glowing, intimate space for our ceremony. The profusion of flowers and candles warmed up the space and helped to generate a spirit of joy and jollity, turning a disparate assemblage of guests into a happy community. Many of us opined later that we were kind of glad it had rained because the same chemistry would not have happened outside, no matter how beautiful the surroundings. Jody was our behind-the-scenes orchestrator for all the details. She came aboard in mid-job after our first catering rep left the company, and she didn't skip a beat, immediately mastering our menu, schedules, and wedding philosophy, and offering many useful suggestions. To Caitlin — the floral designer — we owe the beautiful work that turned a rainy day from disaster into serendipity. Linda, the pastry chef, gave exquisite expression to our two wedding motifs — mountains and sunflowers — on an amazing wedding cake (which we had originally decided to forego — until we tasted her cakes!). Pepper’s is truly a model for any business, combining efficiency, competence, and know-how with art and heart. You know you’re working with special people when the site manager bursts into tears at the end of your wedding because she was so moved by it!

Quite disappointing

Reviewed on 9/28/2014

We would not recommend using Pepper’s - overall we had a difficult time working with them, and were unimpressed with the level of service given the high cost. The original Event Designer(ED),our main point of contact, was easy to work with and understood our needs.... Read More Unfortunately, after negotiating and signing a detailed contract (Service Agreement) 5 months earlier, the Event Designer quit 2 months before the wedding. There our troubles began. The new ED told us that our contract did not include enough staffing, even though our final guest headcount was less, not more, than what was in the contract. She insisted that we needed to pay for more staff. At this point, it was too late to go and select another caterer, so we were stuck. We protested but paid more because we were afraid they would sabotage the event. They did not seem to feel responsibility for following through on what they had promised, instead blaming the problem on the departed employee.The owner was unbelievably rude over the phone. Overall, we felt nickled and dimed. There were also many small mistakes (e.g., table layout, menu details) adding to the bride’s stress in that she had to constantly double-check and correct what Pepper’s sent us.It wasn’t our fault their employee left. Also, despite promises that Pepper’s knows how to work seamlessly with the other wedding vendors, we found this not to be the case under pressure. In the days before the wedding, the wedding day threatened rain, which naturally caused some confusion given that the ceremony and cocktail hour were to be outdoors. Pepper’s pushed us to commit to moving it indoors as early as possible, even though we wanted to keep our options open, explaining that we were willing to sacrifice certain things to have it outdoors. Instead of coordinating directly with the venue to come up with a plan, Pepper’s kept trying to make a unilateral decision to move it indoors, which caused confusion and made us feel that they really didn’t care about our satisfaction. In the end, largely thanks to the very proactive and professional venue staff, we were able to make a last minute decision to have things outdoors when the skies cleared. It was lovely, but if Pepper’s had had it their way we would have been inside on what turned out to be a great day. They did not live up to their sales pitch that they were flexible or creative. Finally, the quality of service at the event was not as we had expected. For example, the toasts were made with water, because wine inexplicably took so long to get poured. Dessert was served at one station instead of two as we had agreed. The DJ announced a cake cutting when there was no cake (we had a different dessert), which reflected a lack of communication between Pepper’s and the DJ. The fish was OK but the chicken was tough - not the quality that we had tried during our tasting. Pepper’s did set up the tables beautifully using our decorations and the staff was nice although the bartenders were inexperienced. It was not our fault that their employee quit. We think the upfront staff probably protected others from the owner. Overall we got the impression that he only cares about profits, and not customer satisfaction. When you’re paying so much, you expect a higher level of service. Our interaction with Pepper’s left a bad taste in our mouths, and we would not recommend using them for your wedding.

2014-10-02T17:38:08 Response from the vendor

Nothing hurts more than a review such as this and we are deeply apologetic to the reviewer. We couldn't even begin to respond to this as so many parts are without basis of fact. We have prided ourselves in bending over backwards to exceed a... Read Less Read More