20 Years as Region’s Premier Custom Caterer

Our weddings begin with the basics: the freshest vegetables and greens and the choicest meats, fish and poultry, all delivered direct from the markets. From the first hors d’oeuvre to the last chocolate dipped strawberry you can taste the marriage of fine fresh ingredients and expert preparation.

Cuisine

American, Eastern European, French, Indian, Italian, Latin American, Middle Eastern, Fusion

Dietary Options

Vegetarian

Buffet, Catering Clean Up, Menu Tastings, Passed Appetizers, Seated Meal, Servers, Food + Catering

29 Bridge Avenue, Berwyn, PA (610) 889-2040

Best catering we could have asked for!

Reviewed on 1/12/2015 Kim P

Perfect Setting was the perfect choice for our wedding and Jerry Diehl was fantastic! Our wedding went off perfectly. We got many, many compliments on the food, especially the vegetables! (which is a very hard thing to get so many compliments on). I think the chicken was... Read More personally my favorite. We both appreciated how much Jerry were involved with every aspect of the evening, and in helping calm us down in November when we both realized there were many things we hadn't thought about. He was basically our wedding planner that night! From coordinating everything with the DJ, with the museum, and even queuing the girls to walk down the aisle. All of that meant a lot to us. We also appreciated the help deciding what to stock the bar with because we wouldn't have known what to buy without it! At the reception, having drinks and dinner brought right to us so that we could enjoy the food while still having time to make our way around the room and greet all of our guests. I would definitely recommend Perfect Setting to all newly engaged couples in the Philadelphia area and I know we would hire them all over again!

Perfect Wedding at Merion Tribute House

Reviewed on 9/17/2014

Many months before our daughter's wedding we arranged a tasting at Perfect Setting in Berwyn. Event coordinator Laurey Ford guided us through the meal, asking the engaged couple about their hopes and preferences. What sold us was Laurey's obvious grasp of our concerns. We... Read More immediately felt a rapport with her; her friendly and approachable manner made her a joy to work with. Long before the wedding day Laurey was totally involved in our details, making suggestions and helping us envision how it would look and work. The payoff: a beautifully realized wedding day. Perfect Settings' competent and pleasant staff delivered everything we were promised, delicious food, smooth service, seamless transitions from ceremony to cocktail hour to reception to efficient clean up. Laurey was on duty the entire day of the wedding, functioning like a wedding planner (our wedding pix show her opening the doors for the bride's grand entrance). The wedding party had a staff member assigned to us to make sure we were continuously supplied with drinks, hors d'oeuvres etc. Special attention was paid to the bride and groom to make sure they ate! We got many compliments from wedding guests about the food, especially the espresso rubbed beef tenderloin entree. Perfect Setting accommodated us when we had to extend the reception by a half hour because the dance party was still bumpin'. They had to bill us for extra staff time but the cost was reasonable. If we had to do it all over again we wouldn't change a thing!

Incredible Service

Reviewed on 5/27/2013 Monica S

I had my wedding at the National Museum of American Jewish History. Jerry and his staff were excellent! The service was impeccable and the food was amazing! I left various things at the museum 2 days prior, such as the alcohol, gift baskets, toiletries for the bathroom,... Read More family photos, etc. Jerry and his staff set all of it up and had it ready for us to take home at the end of the event. We had butlered hors d'oeuvres during the cocktail hour, which were plentiful. There was always someone with food in sight. The staff also made a point to stop by me and my husband with each hors d'oeuvres to ensure we ate and tried all of the food. We had a cheese/crudite station that was beautiful! I am a big cheese lover and the selection was excellent. Jerry worked really well with the DJ and the museum staff to ensure that everything ran smoothly. He was communicative during the reception, without ever being disruptive. For the salad, we served a traditional Bulgarian salad called shopska. We sent Jerry information on what this salad is and he had no objections to adding it to the menu. It was delicious and very well executed! The only issue is that we served lamb for one of the entrees and there were only regular knives, no steak knives. The lamb was difficult to cut with such a dull knife. This perhaps is something I should have thought to ask about prior, but never considered inquiring about utensils. The other entrees were chicken and a stuffed mushroom, both of which received high marks from the guests. Jerry was also great to meet with me 3 times prior to the wedding, once at the museum to run through the layout and timing. He has a high selection of linens, and does not charge extra for colors. He is very reasonable and flexible, and is certainly willing to work within your budget. Whenever we met, we would go over all the options, how much each option would cost, and why it would cost that much. I had an amazing experience with this catering company and would recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 2/11/2017 Grace V

We LOVED Perfect Setting! Working with Deb Diehl was such a pleasure! She made sure that from the day we met her she attended to every detail assuring that we were getting exactly what we asked for. She patiently crafted the menu with me, taking into account all of my special... Read More requests and made all of my dreams for the day come true. And the food... INCREDIBLE! No one could stop talking about how delicious everything was from the hors d'oeuvres to the entrees and desserts everything was impeccable. I HIGHLY recommend working with them! Deb will personally make sure you day goes smoothly and everything will be perfect! I am sure you will be as happy as we were with their services!

Reviewed on 12/14/2016 Patrick D

We had Deb and her staff catered our wedding in November at the Duportail House and they were amazing. Throughout the whole process, Deb was so helpful and gave us her professional opinion on our ideas but was always honest with us. She will be straight forward with you and that... Read More was something we appreciated because she wasn’t trying to up-sell us but stay within our means. We initially wanted to do food stations for the reception but after discussing with Deb we wound up going with sit-down dinner. Their prices were reasonable in our opinion and she was able to stay within the budget we initially set from the beginning. They also were able to help us setup for the reception and while our decorations were on the lighter side than most, that allowed us to enjoy our day. The food was amazing and our guests loved all the appetizers and entrée they served for dinner. We could not have been happier with Perfect Setting Catering and highly recommend them.

Reviewed on 8/29/2016 Mikayla B

Overall, we were happy with Deb and Perfect Setting. The food was great, all of the guests loved it! We also had a S'mores bar that guests just raved about. The waiters/waitresses were professional and worked very hard to make sure guests were satisfied. One waitress followed... Read More us during the cocktail hour (when we were tied up with pictures) to make sure we had plenty to drink and even brought us some hors d'oeuvres to try. The reason we didn't give 5 stars is because Deb occasionally did not communicate well. This was a bit frustrating, especially right before the wedding, but we were eventually able to work through everything with her. On our wedding day, she handled a couple problems for us and as a result, everything went smoothly.

Reviewed on 7/07/2016 Lara L

We first heard of Perfect Setting Catering through our wedding venue, Brandywine Manor House. They were one of a very exclusive list of preferred vendors due to their great reputation, high quality food, and exceptional service. During our initial consult and tasting, Deb was... Read More very engaging and professional and showed a lot of enthusiasm for getting to know us and our preferences. She accommodated some of our requests that we felt would make our wedding more intimate and unique such as having our own personal server during cocktail hour (thanks, Yvonne!) and serving the salad course family-style. She also offered to provide mini-ice cream cones at the end of the night, which were a huge hit with our guests. PSC worked very well with our venue and other vendors, which greatly helped the entire event flow smoothly. We had a lot of positive feedback on our cocktail hour and dinner entrée selections and our guests especially liked the friendly bartenders. We highly recommend them for your special day!

Reviewed on 6/13/2016 sarah f

I loved Perfect Setting. The food was delicious, and the day of coordination was perfect, despite some last minute guest changes. They made the day of easy and care-free for me and the groom. They also helped us to coordinate with our other vendors (including helping us decide... Read More who to hire) and helped make the day perfect for us. I could not have been happier with them!

Jerry was great!

Reviewed on 1/07/2016 Anna R

We enjoyed working with Jerry. Our guests were impressed that he came out to check on the food and ask if they were enjoying it. The food was excellent with very fresh ingredients. The servers were very attentive! Out of the many caterers we researched, we found that he provided... Read More the best value for the price.

Reviewed on 11/29/2015 Rachel H

Perfect Setting Catering was more than perfect for my wedding! Deb Diehl and her staff made all my dreams come true, and more! Right from the start, Deb was there as if a wedding Fairy Godmother. She was so supportive and helpful, going above and beyond to make me feel at... Read More ease. She always responded right away whenever I contacted her and was very patient when it came to answering all my questions. Many times, when I was stressing, Deb would say “don't worry...I'll take care of it” or “just leave it to me.” I am so glad I did :) From the very beginning, she worked with me every step of the way to make sure the food and venue set-up were just how I'd imagined. When the big day arrived, everything turned out better than I could have ever hoped for. I was so thankful to have Deb there acting as the coordinator, especially since my venue manager left right after the ceremony, putting everything on Deb's shoulders. This didn't throw her off her game at all because once you work with her, you'll see she's a professional. When she took over, the rest of the night ran like clockwork. She worked with the photographer and band to make sure everything went to schedule. She often checked on my husband and me to see if we needed anything, making sure we got the chance to eat the amazing food. Her staff was also outstanding - so polite and accommodating. And the food...unbelievable! Almost a month later, my guests are still talking about the delicious gourmet comfort food that Deb created, especially the pot pies. I could write a book about how thankful I am that I used Perfect Setting and Deb for my wedding. I can't imagine having to go through the planning of a wedding without her! I can't recommend Perfect Setting enough. Thank you for everything, Deb!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

Perfect Setting Catering was the perfect choice for our wedding and Jerry Diehl was fantastic! Our cocktail hour and wedding reception went off flawlessly. We got many, many compliments on the catering for the entire event. The Hors d’Oeuvres were delicious and the main course... Read More was outstanding. Jerry and his staff did an amazing job. The wait staff was polite, courteous and very attentive. Jerry did a great job planning the event, providing recommendations and delivering fantastic food. We would highly recommend Perfect Setting Catering for a wedding or special event in the Philadelphia area. Jerry, thank you for your efforts. Our guests are still talking about the wonderful food and attentive service you provided for Kristen and David’s wedding. Bravo! Darcy & Dan D’Andrea

Best Food We've Had At A Wedding

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Kristen D

Perfect Setting Catering is the best! Honestly if you need a caterer for your wedding....the search stops here. From the beginning, Jerry from Perfect Setting Catering was so fun to work with...he was always light-hearted and made planning our wedding stress free. Since the... Read More caterer is pretty much the most expensive vendor you will hiring, you want to work with someone who you know will do an outstanding job...Jerry if your man! Perfect Setting Catering exceeded our expectations. The food was amazing and just as delicious at the wedding as it was at the tasting. The service was on point--I can't even tell you how many guests complimented us on the food and said how impressed they were with how attentive the servers were. Additionally, Jerry worked with us to make sure we were happy with our food selections, signature cocktails, etc. and everything was exactly as we wanted. I would highly recommend using Perfect Setting Catering for your big day--you will not be disappointed in your choice!

Best food and service!

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Kathleen M

Jerry and his staff at Perfect Setting Catering made my whole wedding flow seamlessly and effortlessly. Their food is top notch- I am still thinking about those hors d'oeuvres a month later! Jerry is a true professional and knows the business inside and out, not to mention... Read More he makes it all seem like fun rather than a checklist that needs to be accomplished. He thought of every detail that I did not consider. I would give the highest recommendation for Perfect Setting Catering to anyone looking for a caterer for any event. I have received countless compliments on the food, and I could not be more thankful that I had Jerry helping me with the details!

Reviewed on 9/26/2015 Kirby S

Jerry and his team at Perfect Setting were fantastic to work with and exceeded our expectations. Jerry was so helpful and accommodating during the months of planning leading up to the wedding. He had so many great ideas and suggestions to make sure our wedding was exactly as we... Read More had imagined and stress-free. We had the wedding at our home so he came out the day before to make sure everything was ready to go and immediately clammed any nerves we had. His design team created beautiful displays and his staff was attentive and professional the whole night. We got many compliments on the food and service. We highly recommend Perfect Setting!

Reviewed on 9/13/2015

Perfect Setting was one of the handful of preferred vendors provided to us by our venue. After meeting with Jerry, we knew they would be great to work with, so we scheduled our tasting. We selected our entrees, hors d'oeuvres and salad choices, and these items were prepared for... Read More us to sample. We were blown away by how amazing the food was and knew instantly we would go with them for our big day. After many months of back-and-forth, Jerry helped perfect our food choices, seating arrangements and overall game plan for the evening. He was able to accommodate all of special requests for certain guests, adapt to any last minute alterations and gave us a great deal on our cake via Bredenbeck's Bakery. Thanks to Jerry, our evening went without a hitch. Many of our guests and family members continue to talk about the fantastic service and food Jerry and his staff provided!

Reviewed on 9/13/2015 Jenny C

Laurey was an absolute joy to work with. She was able to get a feel for the vibe we were going for and came up with creative ideas without breaking the budget. The food was INCREDIBLE, people still rave about it. She made the whole night seamless and coordinated with our other... Read More vendors. She responds immediately, is super reliable and thinks of everything! The staff was incredible as well, they were there early helping out and even assigned someone to me (the bride) to follow me with food and drinks so I could sample all of our delicious items at cocktail hour.

Amazing caterer!

Reviewed on 5/31/2015 Jenna R

My new husband and I can't say enough good things about Perfect Setting and our work with Jerry. He was always easy to get into contact with, answered all questions, made time to meet with us and worked so hard to fit his business into our budget. Since we didn't live in the... Read More area, we were very nervous about spending a lot of money on a caterer we didn't know or hadn't heard about. When the wedding day came, we got compliments from all of our guests about how amazing the food was, and what a well run event it was. We couldn't have done this without Jerry! Catering can get expensive, but knowing that a skilled professional is in control, makes every dollar worth it. You will not regret one cent you spent on this caterer!

Best Caterer!!

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Erika W

I cannot say enough good things about Jerry and Perfect Settings! Throughout our planning, Jerry was so flexible and willing to do anything and everything we wanted to make our day perfect. We tasted the food at his office and everything was delicious but you never know how good... Read More it will taste when you are on location and mass producing the food. I made sure to take the time to sit down and eat during my wedding and I was blown away at how great the food really was. Jerry's staff went above and beyond to make sure our guests had everything they needed through every step of the wedding. On top of that, they assigned a waitress to deliver my husband and I cocktails, hors d'oeuvres, and dinner during the wedding to make sure we got to eat amidst all the commotion. All night, my guests were asking who my caterer was because they were really impressed. Thanks for everything you did to make my day so special!!

Flawless Wedding

Reviewed on 9/26/2014 Colleen G

Perfect Setting Catering far exceeded our expectations and desires for our wedding day. We really believe that it was because of this catering company that we had such a fantastic day! It was unbelievable how perfect every last detail of our wedding was. Everything was easy and... Read More flawless with Perfect Catering from the beginning to the end. The first time we met with Jerry, we walked out of the meeting saying how professional, witting and great he seemed. From there, he helped us narrow every last detail down to what would work the best for us as a couple. Over the next few months, he answered my endless e-mails and questions rapidly and never let a question go unanswered. Our tasting was delicious--and the food at the wedding tasted the same, if not better! It's hard to really remember all of the details from the day of, but I did not worry about anything the whole day because I knew Jerry could handle anything. All of our guests were blown away by the professionalism of his whole team. They were considerate, happy, hard working and helpful. The dinner was served in a seated style and all of the guests were served very quickly. Everyone kept telling us how amazing the food was. We were thrilled with how happy everyone was! Then there were the little things that I never expected and was delighted with. They paid extra special attention to the groom and I during the whole evening-asking us if we needed anything. During cocktail hour, when we were getting our pictures taken someone was there with the hors d'oeuvres/cocktails for us to make sure we didn't miss anything! Neither one of us had to ask for anything the whole night. They saw that we didn't really touch our dinner because we were so busy with the guests so they gladly packed us full servings for later! It was so nice to eat back at the hotel when everything was done. Perfect Setting Catering made our wedding: organized, flawless, fun, delicious and perfect. It's really impossible to list everything that I loved about this Caterer. If you choose them, you will NOT regret this decision at all! I would choose them again for anything and would recommend them to anyone getting married out there!

Truly Excellent & Highly Recommended

Reviewed on 9/08/2014 Katherine M

Truly top-notch, and highly recommended! My husband, myself, and our families were extremely happy with Perfect Setting. They made the planning process significantly easier, and everything went perfectly on the wedding day itself - which I fully credit to Deb and her team.... Read More The food was fantastic. Since our wedding, numerous guests have commented that they loved what was served. Perfect Setting was also able to easily accommodate our guests with food allergies and intolerances, which was greatly appreciated. We found Perfect Setting to be professional, responsive, and easy to work with, and they made our wedding day run flawlessly. We are so glad to have hired them as our caterer.

AMAZING!

Reviewed on 7/24/2014 Hillary S

We can't say enough good about Laurey Ford and Perfect Setting Catering! We went to Perfect Setting after doing a disappointing tasting event with Jimmy Duffy Caterers. Laurey responded to all of my emails timely and worked with me to build a menu that suited my tastes and my... Read More family/guest allergies. When we arrived at our tasting, Laurey presented us with the meal we had designed together and it was delicious! My husband and I spent nearly three hours there that day. Laurey listened to us and our needs. Knowing we were on a very tight budget, she honestly answered my questions and convinced me to change from a station style meal to a seated dual entree dinner to save us some money. In the three hours, we had selected the linens, napkins, the food, desserts, drinks, cocktails, nearly everything! When we walked out, we knew our search for a caterer was over. Laurey is truly an asset to Perfect Setting. She is professional, patient, helpful, knowledgeable, experienced, and a delight! I will happily recommend them to everyone I know for any catering needs. Laurey was also our wedding day coordinator and she helped everything go off wonderfully. The only hiccup we experienced was that so many guests are coffee drinkers that she decided to put out the desserts early, so I missed the opportunity to thank the guests for coming before dessert was served and I didn't get any desserts during the reception. I got to take home what was left over, so at least I got to sample some of the goods.

Nothing short of amazing

Reviewed on 2/15/2014 Abby R

We cannot give Jerry and his team at Perfect Setting Catering enough praise for all of their help at our wedding in early February 2014. Yes, Jerry's calm and professional demeanor is welcoming; his expertise from being in the catering business for two decades was beyond... Read More valuable; and our guests all praised the quality of the food his team prepared. But, for us, what was most impressive, and truly beyond expectations, was Jerry's ability to deal with a last-minute venue change due to the power outage of early Feb '14. With less than two days' notice, we changed nearly everything about our wedding. Jerry made last minute venue visits with us, spent plenty of time on the phone both late at night and early in the morning planning and re-planning contingencies, and remained calm, cool, and collected every step of the way. He is a true gentleman, as professional as someone could possibly be, and we couldn't have made a better choice than to work with him and Perfect Setting on our most important day.

The Perfect Setting for the Perfect Day

Reviewed on 11/08/2013 Meredith M

Perfect Setting Catering was the #1 recommended caterer at my venue, so they're the catering company we met with first. When we met with Jerry, we knew we didn't have to look any further. The pricing was perfect, the selections were great and Jerry himself was so friendly, warm... Read More and happy. Moving further into the process, Jerry understood the type of Bride I was: organized, and wanting to get things finished and crossed-off. He worked with me, responded to my millions of questions and emails and requests for meetings and did it all with a smile on his face. The day of the wedding came and everything came together so perfectly. Jerry helped make sure everything would match from the tablecloths to the napkins to the chairs and cushions. The food was cooked perfectly and all night we heard about how everyone's plates were licked clean. The truffled mashed potatoes were a huge hit - get them if you can!! We also saved some money by getting rid of the spinach & artichoke dip station during cocktail hour and Jerry came up with a passed appetizer of mini spinach and artichoke dip served with french bread. It was perfect and SO accommodating. The staff was so attentive. Constantly made sure my groom and I were full, drinks in hand and food in our stomachs. I honestly cannot even think of a single complaint I would have. I'd recommend Jerry and his team to anyone planning a wedding or any event in the area, time and time again.

Delicious & Great to work with

Reviewed on 5/21/2013 Laura M

Deb, Laurey and Erin were amazing! Deb worked with us to pick our meals and Laurey & Erin managed everything flawlessly the day of the wedding. The food was delicious. My guests commented on how great the wait staff was - that they sort of blended in and weren't a... Read More distraction. My biggest recommendation: get the hot fresh baked cookies for your dessert. The smell of warm cookies was amazing. Everyone was drawn to the dessert table and raved about the taste. I would recommend Perfect Setting to any bride or anyone planning an event!

Good food, great people

Reviewed on 5/09/2013 Ingrid L

Deb and Perfect setting were a pleasure to work with. We had espresso rubbed filet and pesto stuffed chicken for our entres: The filet mignon was delicious. I did not try the chicken- my mother thought it was a little dry but still good. (We ran a tad late starting dinner, so... Read More that may have had something to do with it). The hors devours were AMAZING though! I wish I had eaten more of them. Her staff is very friendly, professional, and clean, and really adapted to a weird situation. We meant to have cocktail hour inside of our venue (Duportail House). The wedding party was taking pictures outside though and a lot of people were hanging out watching- so the servers brought the hors devours outside to where the people were. Deb made sure to keep things moving and running smoothly for me. And she made sure my husband and I ate, which I really appreciated. He and I were taking some pictures by ourselves and she came out with one of her servers and made us eat before we went inside.

Jerry and Deborah Diehl

Perfect Setting Catering was founded in 1991 by Deborah and Jerry Diehl as a full-service custom catering company providing services to your home, office or as a preferred caterer to a wide range of unique event facilities throughout the Delaware Valley.