Book Your Wedding with Perona Farms

A BALLROOM IN ANDOVER, NJ

Perona Farms, once a dairy farm, is now the site of a popular restaurant and event venue in Andover, New Jersey, just 80 minutes from New York City. This sprawling countryside estate offers numerous options when it comes to event spaces for wedding ceremonies and receptions.

The island is surrounded by beautiful Perona Lake and features a huge fountain. The bride makes her way across a charming little bridge to join her groom and wedding party, all standing underneath a magnificent, towering tree, as guests watch from the lawn.

The piazza is just outside the restaurant and features a charming wood gazebo under which the bride and groom can stand. The area provides plenty of space for guests and even has a number of outdoor umbrellas strategically placed over the seating area to provide shade.

The terrace stands in the middle of lovely trees, green shrubbery and gorgeous flower gardens. It also has guest seating that's partially covered with umbrellas.

The barn has been recently renovated and features rustic yet elegant touches throughout. From the exposed wood beams to the hardwood floor and bar, guests are amazed at the beauty of the space. It can be used for a wedding ceremony, wedding reception or both.

Outside the barn is a spectacular backdrop for a romantic wedding ceremony. The large space in front of the historic barn provides lots of space for guests and the entire wedding party.

The orchard is another large, open space with a lush lawn that's surrounded by breathtakingly beautiful trees. It's a magical place to exchange vows.

The ballroom is an elegant indoor space to hold some or all of a couple's wedding festivities. The spacious room features glamorous chandeliers, lots of big windows and a large wooden dance floor.

All wedding locations at Perona Farms provide use of a microphone and include a cocktail hour. A formal wedding rehearsal, led by experienced staff members, is also part of each wedding package.

On-site event consultants are on hand to work with couples to ensure each and every wedding is special and includes special touches requested by the bride and groom. Wedding schedules can be customized and may include cocktails on the patio, a formal sit-down dinner, food stations or a buffet-style meal.

A cocktail-style reception can include ice sculptures, butler-passed hors d'oeuvres, chef stations, signature drinks and desserts. A formal dinner takes place in one of the outdoor spaces or in the ballroom. It generally begins with a champagne toast, followed by dinner, drinks and a night of fun dancing. Perona Farms provides a list of recommended services for each couple planning their wedding at the farm.

• Access to indoor venue in case of bad weather
  • Fireworks provided for the reception

Family Owned & Operated Since 1917

Perona Farms is a landmark wedding facility offering world class food and impeccable service. The lovely facilities are situated on a beautiful estate, complete with a storybook bridge leading to an island, upon which many couples are wed. Family owned and operated for over 96 years.

Ballroom, Farm + Ranch, Barn

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

350 Andover-Sparta Road, Andover, NJ (973) 729-6161

Reviewed on 6/25/2017 melissa t

We LOVED Perona Farms! My husband and I got married at Perona Farms on 5/27/17 and we could not have been more happy with our entire experience! We would highly recommend Perona Farms to anyone looking for a beautiful, Tuscan/country feel, charming, courteous, warm,... Read More professional, great service and delicious wedding venue! Hildegard was the one who worked with us from start to finish - we instantly loved the grounds, even in the middle of February when we saw the venue for the first time in 2016, and there were no flowers or trees in bloom, we knew that Perona Farms fit our personalities. We had our reception in the Florentine Room and patio, it had a Tuscan flare, it was unique and cozy in our opinion. The service was terrific!! There was one small miscommunication that occurred, but it was handled with such professionalism, that although a mistake happened, an extra we paid for was never served, it was almost meant to be! We ate at their brunch twice and LOVED all their food, we loved their homemade donuts fresh off the conveyer belt - we chose to have them at the wedding, and like I said there was a mishap, but for us it meant more people on the dance floor at the end of the night, rather than going to get donuts. The next day the staff was incredibly sweet, professional, and sorry - they fully refunded our payment for the donuts, plus sent us home with some fresh ones to share with our families that day. WE LOVED PERONA FARMS!!!! - we have been told time after time already how delicious our cocktail hour was, how the lobster was a nice surprise and how delicious that was too, and was told that the prime rib was some of the best they have ever had!!

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Nita G

My daughter and her husband's wedding at Perona Farms was MAGICAL! Yes, we had perfect weather and yes, we had the greatest band and yes, we had the most beautiful flowers and yes, we had the most adorable table favors! But it was the staff at Perona Farms who made the evening... Read More run so smoothly and allowed the bridal party and all the guests to have a spectacular evening! The ceremony in the beautiful apple orchard was perfectly organized by Morgan, our ceremony coordinator! She kept track of everyone's whereabouts before, during and after the ceremony! The cocktail hour and reception were beautifully coordinated by our Maitre D' Courtney - so THANK YOU to both of you! But none of this could have happened without the amazing MARLEY - who fielded dozens of questions and dozens of emails from us for several months and up to the last minute! Her professionalism, her cooperation and her patience are to be highly commended! She was the glue which kept it all together! KUDOS and THANK YOU to PERONA FARMS for a magical wedding!

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Karen B

Where do you even start! We didn't know this beautiful place existed until I started working in Sussex County. We called to inquire about pricing and received upfront and accurate information. We were surprised to learn that they had an option for our price range and small(er)... Read More wedding. Our first visit was a year and six months before our wedding with Marley, who by the way is fantastic! We booked the same day! Today is 2 weeks since our wedding and we're honestly sad that we have no more reasons (aside from brunch) to go back to Perona. They take "Family Owned" to heart and we immediately felt like WE joined the Perona Family. In the year and half before our wedding, Marley was always extremely responsive and helpful, answering emails at 10 at night and 7 in the morning. In our month-before-appointment, she eased my worries and put my mind to rest - I had nothing to worry about ...everything on that day would be taken care of and it sure was! On the day, things were handed off to Madison, who just like Marley, is fantastic. She was our coordinator who was both organized, professional, and down to earth. Madison took care of everything from the rehearsal, to decorating using our instructions, to coordinating everyone on the day and taking excellent care of my bridesmaids while my husband and I enjoyed our first look and photo shoot. She also made sure I had food as I was starving before the ceremony. After the ceremony, our maître d, Marjorie took over who did everything for us including cut my lobster off the tail for me since I had no clue what I was doing. Marjorie was very professional and so helpful and yet discretely and appropriately fell into the backdrop while ensuring everything went smoothly; we always had a drink and a newly folded napkin. We have NEVER felt more important or more taken care of and absolutely catered to! I could go on and on but Perona Farms is second to none! Our guests could not stop complimenting the beauty of the venue and the amazing food (KILLER cocktail hour you won't find anywhere else I'm certain)! Yes, my husband and I agree that the food was great and the venue is gorgeous but he and I are the ones lucky who got to know all of the amazing people behind the scenes that made the best day of our life possible! Thank you Perona Farms, from Marley to Madison, Marjorie and everyone in between (even the lovely ladies working the desk in the office and the man who drove me around on a golf cart) - thank you! From the bottom our hearts. We are gushing with love and gratitude for you as people and as a business. You take true pride in what you do and we can honestly say, we feel like family!! Now time to come for brunch! XOXO

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Stephanie K

My husband and I had our ceremony and reception here in September. While they were mostly accommodating, they could have been a little bit easier to work with. Overall, it was a beautiful ceremony and reception.

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Alexa P

I wish that I could give Perona 10 stars, instead of 5. They treat you like family, they ensure that you have a positive experience and they make sure your wedding goes smoothly. There was NO point during my wedding where I stressed or worried about logistics, food, timing, etc.... Read More My family and all of my guests raved about the food and their experience. My one uncle thought that we paid over DOUBLE to what it cost per plate. You get value, a lot of food and a GREAT experience!!! Hildegard, Morgan, Kevin, Bryant, everyone! They are wonderful. Our wedding was perfect and we owe Perona a HUGE thank you!!!!!!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Jaclyn D

My husband and I cannot say enough great things about Perona Farms! Their staff is amazing! Marley was awesome and made everything easy from the day we booked to our big day! Samantha our wedding coordinator was incredible the day of our wedding. Our guests are still talking... Read More about the food and how beautiful the grounds are. We would highly recommend Perona Farms to anyone that wants a day that is all about you as they all really listen to what you want and aim for perfection. Thank you Marley Samantha and everyone else who helped make our day one that we will never forget. We will be coming back yearly for a brunch for sure to celebrate our anniversary!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Jacqueline C

Had a great experience with Perona. They worked with our budget and put together a great package for both the ceremony and a Sunday brunch. Mark is awesome very helpful and on top of everything. We could not have been happier with everything. The wedding day ran so smoothly... Read More and the food was great. The staff was very professional and attentive. We were so pleased with their service every step of the way. Plus the venue itself is beautiful! Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Ash S

We got married at The Barn at Perona Farms on 8/30/17. I cannot say enough about how amazing it was. The venue is beautiful and everything went so well. We booked and planned with Hildegard and she was outstanding! She made the process so easy. Our guests cannot stop... Read More talking about the cocktail hour, the food was incredible. The ceremony coordinator was very sweet. Our Maitre D' (Kevin) was great! He took care of everything all night. Their Sunday brunch is also out of this world!

Reviewed on 9/23/2017 Danielle M

My husband and I had our reception at Perona Farms this past September. We worked with Hildegard to plan the wedding and Kevin was our maitre'd. Hildegard was fabulous to work with from start to finish and ensured that every detail we requested was met. Kevin was wonderful the... Read More day of the wedding making sure both my husband and I and our guests had all their needs met. We had a fabulous time and have heard nothing but compliments from our guests from the venue itself to the service to the food. I would recommend Perona to any bride looking for a barn wedding with elegance, delicious food, great service and a memorable time.

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Christina A

I recently got married at the barn at Perona Farms and had an amazing experience. The venue was beautiful, the food was awesome, and the staff was super friendly and helpful. I definitely felt a difference of working with a family owned business versus a corporation. They were... Read More flexible and worked with us to ensure our day was exactly what we hoped for. I really felt the staff's main priority was for us to have a wonderful wedding. I have had so many people tell me it was the best wedding they have ever been to! Overall, an excellent choice for your future wedding!

Reviewed on 7/30/2017 Nicole F

Steve and I got married at Perona Farms on 7/1/2017 and had the best experience. We fell in love with the venue at first sight - it was only the second place we saw on the first day of looking and we booked. Marley was great to work with. I cannot say enough good things about... Read More Samantha - our day-of coordinator. She was on top of every detail - even the weather! Thankfully, we got our pictures outside on the beautiful grounds. And Samantha was quickly able to transition to plan B when she realized it would rain during the ceremony. She made it just as beautiful inside. The food was delicious. Our maitre'd Kevin was so attentive and made sure we had anything our hearts desired day-of. I. truly recommend Perona Farms. It was a dream come true!

Reviewed on 7/01/2017 Jennifer B

From the moment my husband and I got engaged we started our search for the perfect barn wedding location and thankfully stumbled upon Perona Farms. Not only was the venue the most beautiful backdrop to our bohemian rustic wedding but the staff was amazing as well! Mark was... Read More always so attentive to my crazy emails (yes I mean bride crazy, over detailed, novel length emails lol) he answered all of my questions and was always willing to meet with myself and my family whenever we felt necessary (which was probably too often). The entire experience was fantastic from the food, the service, the cocktails and pretty much anything we needed on our day was done for us with a smile. I am so grateful to Perona and their entire staff, they allowed me to have the wedding of my dreams and I highly recommend them to any and everyone! My guests are still talking about how it was the BEST wedding they had ever been to. Thank you so much Perona Farms, hopefully I will see you all at brunch soon!!

2017-07-01T13:48:15 Response from the vendor

Jenn - Thank you so much for trusting our family with your special day and for taking a moment to write a review! It was a pleasure to work with you. The real credit goes to our exceptional team that makes dreams come true every... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 Michelle M

My husband and I had our wedding in the Barn, and our ceremony in the Orchards. We could not be more happy with how everything came out. The staff was absolutely amazing, especially Samantha who helped make the day run so smoothly. We had a lot of little extra touches that we... Read More wanted to add and they had no problem taking on the challenge and knowing exactly how we wanted everything to look. All in all we would absolutely recommend Perona Farms to any and everyone looking for the perfect wedding day!

Reviewed on 6/02/2017 katie d

Beautiful Venue! Everyone kept talking about how fantastic the food was and how great the barn looked. Everything went seamlessly.

Reviewed on 5/19/2017 Michael G

I can't wait to get married here this October! I found Perona by searching online and after reading all the wonderful reviews I called them and they were more than helpful in getting me set up with an appointment to come see the venue in person the next day. I was able to tour... Read More the grounds with the help of the owner! We talked a lot about the history of Perona, which I found so interesting! I love that it's family owned and operated for generations. He showed me everything from the ceremony options to the green house to the ballroom options and the barn. We reviewed what they offered for the wedding package and I left my deposit that same day! I knew this would be the venue of my dreams. I love the style of the building and how well kept everything was from the grounds to the interior. The decor is just beautiful no matter what time of year! After I left our deposit, my fiance and I attended a bridal show and had so much fun! I was able to meet the coordinator that I would be working with, Marley. She has been truly wonderful. My emails are always answered. There has been no confusion or no issues thus far. We found our DJ, photographer, and hotel while at the wedding show. Everything seemed so easy! We are so excited! Thank you Perona Farms!

Reviewed on 4/06/2017 Lauren s

Perona Farms was the most perfect venue. The staff did everything possible to make my day amazing and the BEST DAY EVER! Two months later and people are still raving about my wedding. LOVED it!

Reviewed on 3/13/2017 Danielle H

We cannot say enough great things about this venue. The staff was so friendly and always willing to answer any questions I had (and there were lots!). The day of they made sure to keep everyone on schedule and made sure that we got to eat which was really ghelpful!

Reviewed on 2/19/2017 nicole k

If I could give a no star review I would! The customer service at this place is non-existent! They won't give the time of day to let you see the venue unless you call like a month ahead of time. If they don't want to accommodate people they are in the wrong business. Not willing... Read More to work with you at all it's like they don't care if they have your business or not and do not treat you the way a future client should be treated so yes stay far far away! They think they are the only barn venue around.

Reviewed on 12/16/2016 Anna K

My husband and I were married in the barn on 12/3 and had the absolute best experience. Our planner Marley was a pleasure to work with throughout the entire process. She guided us through every step of the way and made sure the wadding was tailored to our preferences. Madison,... Read More our ceremony coordinator was such a calming presence throughout the rehearsal and wedding day. She kept our large bridal party in check, made sure we did not stray from the timeline, and kept everything running smoothly. Kevin, our maitre de, made sure our entire reception was perfect. He was always near by to get us whatever we needed and made sure we were able to eat. Our guests are still raving the food and the beauty of the barn. We could not have asked for a better day and are so grateful to the entire staff.

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Jennifer G

Highly highly impressed with the whole staff from perona farms!! We got married in the barn on November 23rd. And we honestly can't say anything negative about our day. It was absolutely perfect!! We definitely recommend this venue to anyone looking for a rustic wedding... Read More setting. All of our guests are still talking about how delicious the food was!!

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Caity S

Perona Farms is fantastic from top to bottom, and made our big day PERFECT! The family-run venue has been in business for FIVE generations, and it's easy to see why. A few things... Rather than go for a traditional tasting, you instead go to a buffet brunch that they sponsor... Read More every Sunday to taste some of their year-round dishes (i.e. their famous smoked salmon, homemade mozzarella) and sample the quality. (Your wedding menu choices are seasonal, and as locally sourced as possible -- some from their own greenhouse!) We were EXTREMELY impressed with the food. But the best part was that the grandfather was working as the host, and when he learned that we were getting married there, he proceeded to march us through the kitchen and take us on a golf cart tour around the grounds! How that proud legacy factors into your entire experience with PF cannot be understated. We got married in the orchard, had our cocktail hour in their Venetian-styled veranda, and our reception in The Florentine Room. The price per plate is a bit pricey (~$100), but it gives you your money's worth tenfold: it includes a TREMENDOUS amount of food (with its quality absolutely matching its quantity), open bar with premium liquor and unlimited champagne, and a beautiful cake from Palermo Bakery. We absolutely LOVED the Jersey Fresh station during the cocktail hour!! All in all, if you want your big day to be stress-free, Perona Farms is absolutely your venue. With their decades of experience and well-trained staff, you don't have to worry about ANYTHING. Marley was professional, attentive and there every step of the way to answer questions, give recommendations, and work with us to customize our vision; Madison, our day-of coordinator, set up all of our decorations and name cards, and perfectly directed the timing of our rehearsal, our first look, and our ceremony; our maitre-D, Kevin, made sure that we actually ate and wanted for nothing throughout the reception. Thank you so much!!!

Reviewed on 9/24/2016 Stephanye N

We had our wedding at Perona Farms and we can't say anything but great things about the place. Our reception took place in the Florentine room. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I wouldn't have changed a thing.

Reviewed on 9/16/2016 Jessica R

The most amazing venue! We got married in the florentine room and gell in love the second we walked in. The place and grounds is so beautiful! The staff there is so friendly and helpful, through the whole process Hildegard answered all my questions and was able to guide me the... Read More entire way. They did an excellent job of setting up all the wedding details just ad I envisioned it. And the food there is out of this world. You will definetly not leave hungry!. We got so many compliments about how great all the food was!. I would highly recommend if you want a great venue, with beautiful grounds, amazing and tentative staff, and amazing food. Thank you perona farms for making our wedding the best day ever!

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Krista V

Perfect venue, perfect location, perfect wedding! Couldn't be happier with our venue from beginning to end.

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Kimberly H

I 100% recommend the barn at Perona Farms! From the very first time we stepped foot in the barn, to a year later after our amazing reception, the staff at Perona did everything they could to make the wedding planning process as stress-free, comfortable, and fun as possible! Not... Read More to mention the amazing venue itself! Our guests didn't have enough good things to say about the barn. The food is above and beyond...definitely not your typical wedding food. And I couldnt be happier with the way our wedding day went. I highly, highly recommend Perona Farms for your venue!