Perona Farms

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Farm + Ranch, Barn

Food + Catering, Planning

350 Andover-Sparta Road, Andover, NJ

The most Perfect Location!

Reviewed on 5/15/2014 Carolyn

Perona Farms was everything i expected and more! They listened and followed all of my instructions; they were so accommodating with every detail. The food was OUTRAGEOUSLY delicious! Every part of the meal from Cocktail Hour right through to the dessert/cake! the venue is... Read More beautiful and they gave everyone free reign of the grounds to walk around; not just the bridal party for picture-taking. it couldn't have been a more perfect evening and place to have our wedding reception! Great value, too, for everything they include in their base-package!

Perfectly Perfect!

Reviewed on 4/14/2014 leanne a

I just had my wedding at Perona Farms and it was lovely! My fiancee and I booked originally with Ron, who stopped working there in January, which was a shame. I then worked with John. Aggie, my maitre'd, was beyond helpful and completely made our evening worry-free. I took... Read More pictures of the way I wanted things set up (helpful tip!) and she laid everything out beautifully according to my demonstrations. She got us food, cut off too-intoxicated guests, and organized everything perfectly. My guests raved about the cocktail hour, and the food, which I was concerned about because they don't do tastings (you have to go to their Sunday brunch instead.) But still, everyone had a great time from the ceremony to the reception and it was a success. Special thanks to Aggie for everything she did! She should be promoted! My favorite part about Perona was that it was AFFORDABLE! I would definitely recommend this spot, not only for everything I just mentioned but for all of the picturesque opportunities!

Perfect, fairy tale wedding

Reviewed on 4/13/2014 Meghan

I just had my wedding at Perona Farms, and from the first time I saw it, I knew that it would be perfect. The staff is so accommodating, and really worked with everything that we wanted. There are so many options that they provide, to really make your wedding personal, and... Read More unique. The food is delicious, the grounds are impeccable, and the rooms are beautiful. I would highly suggest this venue to any bride and groom, as it makes for a fairy tale wedding. Everything from start to finish was perfect!

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Karen B

Where do you even start! We didn't know this beautiful place existed until I started working in Sussex County. We called to inquire about pricing and received upfront and accurate information. We were surprised to learn that they had an option for our price range and small(er)... Read More wedding. Our first visit was a year and six months before our wedding with Marley, who by the way is fantastic! We booked the same day! Today is 2 weeks since our wedding and we're honestly sad that we have no more reasons (aside from brunch) to go back to Perona. They take "Family Owned" to heart and we immediately felt like WE joined the Perona Family. In the year and half before our wedding, Marley was always extremely responsive and helpful, answering emails at 10 at night and 7 in the morning. In our month-before-appointment, she eased my worries and put my mind to rest - I had nothing to worry about ...everything on that day would be taken care of and it sure was! On the day, things were handed off to Madison, who just like Marley, is fantastic. She was our coordinator who was both organized, professional, and down to earth. Madison took care of everything from the rehearsal, to decorating using our instructions, to coordinating everyone on the day and taking excellent care of my bridesmaids while my husband and I enjoyed our first look and photo shoot. She also made sure I had food as I was starving before the ceremony. After the ceremony, our maître d, Marjorie took over who did everything for us including cut my lobster off the tail for me since I had no clue what I was doing. Marjorie was very professional and so helpful and yet discretely and appropriately fell into the backdrop while ensuring everything went smoothly; we always had a drink and a newly folded napkin. We have NEVER felt more important or more taken care of and absolutely catered to! I could go on and on but Perona Farms is second to none! Our guests could not stop complimenting the beauty of the venue and the amazing food (KILLER cocktail hour you won't find anywhere else I'm certain)! Yes, my husband and I agree that the food was great and the venue is gorgeous but he and I are the ones lucky who got to know all of the amazing people behind the scenes that made the best day of our life possible! Thank you Perona Farms, from Marley to Madison, Marjorie and everyone in between (even the lovely ladies working the desk in the office and the man who drove me around on a golf cart) - thank you! From the bottom our hearts. We are gushing with love and gratitude for you as people and as a business. You take true pride in what you do and we can honestly say, we feel like family!! Now time to come for brunch! XOXO

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Caity S

Perona Farms is fantastic from top to bottom, and made our big day PERFECT! The family-run venue has been in business for FIVE generations, and it's easy to see why. A few things... Rather than go for a traditional tasting, you instead go to a buffet brunch that they sponsor... Read More every Sunday to taste some of their year-round dishes (i.e. their famous smoked salmon, homemade mozzarella) and sample the quality. (Your wedding menu choices are seasonal, and as locally sourced as possible -- some from their own greenhouse!) We were EXTREMELY impressed with the food. But the best part was that the grandfather was working as the host, and when he learned that we were getting married there, he proceeded to march us through the kitchen and take us on a golf cart tour around the grounds! How that proud legacy factors into your entire experience with PF cannot be understated. We got married in the orchard, had our cocktail hour in their Venetian-styled veranda, and our reception in The Florentine Room. The price per plate is a bit pricey (~$100), but it gives you your money's worth tenfold: it includes a TREMENDOUS amount of food (with its quality absolutely matching its quantity), open bar with premium liquor and unlimited champagne, and a beautiful cake from Palermo Bakery. We absolutely LOVED the Jersey Fresh station during the cocktail hour!! All in all, if you want your big day to be stress-free, Perona Farms is absolutely your venue. With their decades of experience and well-trained staff, you don't have to worry about ANYTHING. Marley was professional, attentive and there every step of the way to answer questions, give recommendations, and work with us to customize our vision; Madison, our day-of coordinator, set up all of our decorations and name cards, and perfectly directed the timing of our rehearsal, our first look, and our ceremony; our maitre-D, Kevin, made sure that we actually ate and wanted for nothing throughout the reception. Thank you so much!!!

Reviewed on 9/24/2016 Stephanye N

We had our wedding at Perona Farms and we can't say anything but great things about the place. Our reception took place in the Florentine room. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I wouldn't have changed a thing.

Reviewed on 9/16/2016 Jessica R

The most amazing venue! We got married in the florentine room and gell in love the second we walked in. The place and grounds is so beautiful! The staff there is so friendly and helpful, through the whole process Hildegard answered all my questions and was able to guide me the... Read More entire way. They did an excellent job of setting up all the wedding details just ad I envisioned it. And the food there is out of this world. You will definetly not leave hungry!. We got so many compliments about how great all the food was!. I would highly recommend if you want a great venue, with beautiful grounds, amazing and tentative staff, and amazing food. Thank you perona farms for making our wedding the best day ever!

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Krista V

Perfect venue, perfect location, perfect wedding! Couldn't be happier with our venue from beginning to end.

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Kimberly H

I 100% recommend the barn at Perona Farms! From the very first time we stepped foot in the barn, to a year later after our amazing reception, the staff at Perona did everything they could to make the wedding planning process as stress-free, comfortable, and fun as possible! Not... Read More to mention the amazing venue itself! Our guests didn't have enough good things to say about the barn. The food is above and beyond...definitely not your typical wedding food. And I couldnt be happier with the way our wedding day went. I highly, highly recommend Perona Farms for your venue!

Reviewed on 8/09/2016 Kristen L

I don't know where to begin. Our wedding day was the absolute best day of our lives so far. From the first tour and selecting a date to planning our menu, decorations and so much more - the Perona team helped make it easy every step of the way. The tools they provide truly help... Read More any bride stay organized...making it much easier for all! We went with a lot of the recommended vendors through Perona and I am SO GLAD we did - they know what they're doing! The Perona team is professional, experienced, fun, thoughtful and incredibly helpful from start to finish. Marley was phenomenal helping us make our wedding dreams reality and Kevin was nothing short of AMAZING on our wedding day. He was so cool, calm and collected all night which was reflected in the high level of service we received. His team of servers were simply amazing, one even stopped me to give me a glass of water, plate of food and told me I looked stunning! We had our reception in the barn and our wedding guests were talking all night about how magical our evening was. Thank you Marley, Kevin and Perona Farms for being absolutely amazing and giving us the wedding of a lifetime!! We'll be back for brunch and donuts, no worries ;)

Reviewed on 5/04/2016 Lauren T

My fiance and I met through cycling and got engaged while hiking. We weren't about to get married in a stuffy banquet hall. We found The Barn at Perona Farms on line and it was the first place we toured. The pictures looked amazing but seeing The Barn in person was an... Read More entirely different experience. We could have saved a lot of time and effort looking at other venues because we knew that The Barn was absolutely perfect. No matter where we looked, nothing compared to it. Hildegard, the Event Sales Manager was our main contact and she helped plan our perfect wedding, customizing the food and drinks to suit our tastes, even leaving mushrooms off the brides' table. Any questions we had, Hildegard was always quick to respond and offer answers or suggestions. She even took a selfie with us in the orchard. Carolyn and Madison were the point people for our rehearsal and were extremely patient with us and the 9 children, age 11 - 4, giving directions and planning out the ceremony. They made sure that each and every one of our, "wedding props" was placed in the exact location we envisioned. We were married on April 1, 2016 (YES, April Fool's Day). Richard drove our entire entourage of adults and children all over the property in a golf cart to take us to all of the perfect photo spots. Madison was kind enough to bring us water since it was such an unusually hot day. Carolyn knew that we desperately wanted an outside ceremony, despite the fact that the forecast called for rain but was constantly changing. She checked the radar repeatedly and we were able to pull it off during a break in the weather! In fact, it started to rain seconds after we were pronounced, "married," and started skipping down the aisle. Guests ran into the barn.....perfect timing. We can't thank Carolyn and Madison enough for allowing us the opportunity, giving us the chance at the outdoor ceremony we dreamed of!!! The food during the cocktail hour was outrageously awesome. Guests raved about the salmon, sausages, pizza and of course the scallops. The barn punch was fantastic. Dinner was chateaubriand and salmon, both were major hits, along with the farm fresh green beans and mashed potatoes. The donuts were AMAZING, the guests just couldn't get enough and they kept coming! The wedding cake, dark chocolate cake and chocolate hazlenut filling was a huge success. Kevin was our Maitre d and I don't think I ever saw him without a smile on his face or a drink in his hand for us. He even came outside to look for us while we were taking pictures, to tell us that dinner was being served. He was extremely attentive and organized, making sure that everything went off without a hitch. Kevin even packed up some food and donuts for us to take home since he knew that we barely had a chance to enjoy much of the meal. The bottom line is that the staff at Perona Farms knows what they are doing and they do it very, very well. The Barn is an amazing venue but it's not just about the building, it's about the entire experience they provide. As two brides, we never felt uncomfortable at any point along the way. Each and every request we made was honored and one month later, we are still receiving rave reviews from our guests. It may sound impossible, but everything went RIGHT on our big day. Thank you, Hildegard, Carolyn, Madison, Richard, Kevin and the entire staff at Perona Farms for making this our best day ever!!! Lauren & Stacey

Reviewed on 12/29/2015 Danielle L

My husband and I had our wedding in the barn in early December and it was the most amazing experience! From our first visit back in January (on the snowiest day of the year) to the day after our wedding Marley and the staff at Perona Farms were so welcoming and helpful. Marley... Read More was always super quick to respond to questions through email. The staff here was so generous and on top of every single detail to make sure that our day was perfect; they had a list of preferred vendors (which we used!), and made sure to meet with us several times between booking and the wedding to ensure they had all the important details down (what vendors we were using, food choices, table settings, guest counts, decor in the barn, etc.). The barn is absolutely beautiful, both upstairs and downstairs, the grounds are stunning and the food was delicious!! Our guests have been raving about the food at cocktail hour (especially the buffalo chicken sausage!) and how much fun they had at our wedding. Our day of coordinator Carolyn ran our rehearsal so smoothly and made sure everything went off without a hitch the day of our wedding. Kevin our maître d' was so wonderful on the night of our wedding, he kept checking in with us to make sure that we had enough to eat, enough to drink, if we wanted lighting/music changed in the barn, and even packed up some wedding cake and donuts for us to enjoy after the party was over. We loved every second of our wedding thanks to Marley and her amazing staff at Perona Farms. We would recommend Perona Farms to anyone looking to have the most amazing wedding day!

Reviewed on 11/08/2015 Caitlin F

My husband and I got married at Perona Farms in the barn on 12-27-14 and it was incredible. We had a short amount of time to pick a venue and they were more than happy to help us so that we could have our wedding there! We did both the ceremony and the party in the barn (because... Read More it was december, but you can do the ceremony right outside the barn in warmer months), and they made sure everything flowed smoothly. The captain of our wedding was also the best! He made sure my glass was never empty and my plate was always full. He would always check on my husband and I to make sure we were having a good time and was always making sure we didn't need anything, but wasn't overbearing at all. The food was so delicious and the rest of the staff was friendly and very helpful helping us at the end of the night. If you are looking for a rustic wedding venue in northern NJ, I would recommend the barn at perona farms. Even if your looking for a traditional wedding venue with exceptional food and staff, I would recommend using the restaurant. I wish I could give them more than 5 stars for making mine and my husband's wedding a night we will never forget!

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Theresa R

We had our wedding at Perona Farms on Septemeber 27th from the start when we went to visit the venue we just fell in love! The staff was so attentive and friendly and the grounds are beautiful! Marley was our wedding coordinator and I can't begin to say how thankful I am for... Read More everything she did to make our wedding day perfect she answered all my questions throughout the whole process and everything on that day was exactly how I dreamed it to be! It was truly the best day of our lives and everyone had such an amazing time and raved about the food especially the cocktail hour! Thank you Marley and the Perona Farms team for making our wedding so memorable!

Absolute PERFECTION

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Edward A

From the moment that my fiancé and I visited Perona, we knew that we had to have our reception there. Hildegard, our wedding coordinator from Perona, was friendly and helpful and walked us through the entire process. On the day of the ceremony and reception, we were... Read More anxious to see the Florentine Room decorated for us. To our surprise, it was more magical than we could have ever imagined. The team at Perona REALLY knows what they are doing and made the entire venue absolutely perfect. Kevin was our assigned Maitre d during our reception. He was on top of everything throughout the night and never let us want/need for anything. He truly was amazing! Overall, I would highly recommend Perona Farms to anyone looking to have a beautiful wedding and/or reception. One minor complaint is that they do not take credit cards...Nothing major, but would have been helpful! Their team is professional and accepting (we are a same sex couple and never once did we feel discriminated against). The night went so fast, but thanks to the team at Perona Farms, it will be a night that we NEVER forget! Thanks for all that you did to make our wedding reception so magical!

Beautiful ceremony venue

Reviewed on 10/04/2015 C E

I had my wedding in the Venetian room at Perona and it was absolutely beautiful. Everyone loved the wedding and still talk about the food from the cocktail hour. The only downside was that there was a cocktail hour from another event taking place outside during my reception.... Read More This was a bit distracting and I think it would make sense for curtains to be drawn or maybe coordinating the times better so that there is not another party looking in during the reception. This went on for about 30 minutes. Otherwise, we had a great time!

The Barn at Perona Farms

Reviewed on 7/28/2015 Staci R

Everyone at perona was absolutely phenomenal. You get every bit of your money's worth! I'm not a huge fan of the other room options but the barn is SO COOL and absolutely stunning. Hildagard, Courtney and "Michael Billy" we're beyond outstanding.

Reviewed on 7/28/2015 Kathleen M

We were married at The Barn at Perona Farms in May. We had a country rustic wedding and that setting was perfect for it. The venue was exactly what I had been looking for. The Barn is absolutely gorgeous! Kevin was great. He was attentive and kept everything under control... Read More the entire night. He always made sure we had enough food and drinks and kept everything moving. However there were some things that i was disappointed about. When we all arrived for pictures, the staff had not even started decorating yet. This put major stress on me as I had very specific visions of how I wanted everything to look. I had a very detailed description of how things should be set up, I even gave them pictures to go off of and some things were still set up incorrectly. My mother had to even alert the staff to the fact that they had not even changed the writing on the chalkboards, they still had up the names from the couple from the day before. Another issue I had was that they let my guests come inside the barn to hang out before the ceremony, (which was outside) started. This was very stressful because I had to stay locked in the Bridal Room and couldn't even leave until they got everyone out. It was frustrating because they didn't get everyone outside until 5 minutes before the ceremony started. I had a violinist playing the before the ceremony and no one was even out there to hear it, my ushers couldn't even do their job because by the time people got out there they had to come into the barn to walk the mother's to their seats. I had a sign made up with a bucket of bubbles, but because everything was so rushed, only a few people even took the bubbles and they were never used because people didn't have time to read the sign so they had no idea when to blow them. I also left with the majority of my programs because people didn't even have time to grab one. The colored lighting inside the barn was incorrect, after I triple checked with the staff about what the color should be and when it should be changed. By the end of the night they rushed to take everything down and had it in piles near the door. I had a wooden guest book that was hand painted, they oiled things on top of it and it was completely scratched right over the hand painted area. Perona Farms overall was a great venue, but I do not think they handled themselves well, considering how popular of a venue they are and how much money they charge. I don't feel as though my day was special to them and I don't feel like I was treated as a bride on my special day. I felt like they treated the day as a business transaction, and that's all I was to them.

Awesome Place

Reviewed on 7/16/2015 Melinda K

I chose Perona because it was everything I wanted for my day. We got married there and went inside for the reception. The staff was excellent and helped me make my day truly special. My guests are still talking about the day

Reviewed on 6/16/2015 Jen H

We had a great experience at Perona Farms! We got married on Saturday, May 30 in the Orchard and had our reception in the Florentine Room. We loved working with Hildegard and the entire Perona staff. The venue is beautiful and our guests raved about the food, especially the... Read More lobster tail appetizers! Would highly recommend Perona to other brides!

Fabulous!

Reviewed on 5/11/2015 Sarah P

From the venue itself - gorg- to the staff and the food, this place was UNREAL! I knew I wanted the barn the second I got engaged, and my guests could not have been more thrilled. It is such a unique place with a rustic feel, but still so elegant. The service was phenomenal, the... Read More food was fantastic, and we had a blast!! Highly recommend!!

Amazing in every way!

Reviewed on 4/23/2015 Alison M

We had our wedding here in the barn a few weeks ago and the compliments are STILL coming in. The venue itself is GORGEOUS! you hardly need decorations, but the ones we had really added to the rustic beauty of the barn. The service was incredible. Our maitre d was on point, the... Read More food was timely and service friendly. We had endless compliments on the food for cocktail hour AND reception. The family style serving is really great for a large group that way everyone is eating at relatively the same time as opposed to individual meals. Marley and her staff listened to us and put our decor together exactly how we wanted it and the place turned out just as we had envisioned. We had a LOT of decor, too and she was so sweet taking notes and listening to everything we wanted. The value is also great. We were married in March, so the prices were a little lower, but even still you get more than what you paid for. There is so much food! You won't be able to eat all of it!

Barn Wedding

Reviewed on 12/14/2014 Jenny K

We got married in the BARN! And holy cow was it amazing!!! Our wedding here was everything that I had dreamed of! We had are ceremony there, then our cocktail hour and reception imminently following. The only thing that bothered me about this venue was the turn over of... Read More people that I was dealing with. Signed contracts with one person, they were no longer there. Assigned a new person. Month before the wedding, she was no longer there. But, then we had Marley and she was AMAZING. When I say they went above and beyond... I am not exaggerating. Two nights before our wedding we dropped everything off... they had everything set up for me exactly how I asked for it and more. Justine helped on the day of the wedding and the rehearsal. Made sure that all timing of the morning and the ceremony went smooth! Awesome! Sean was our Maitre D. The whole reception, Jay and I never went without a drink, food, and whatever crazy other thing we needed! Can not thank everyone whom worked our wedding enough!! they did an amazing job!

Our Wedding 11/7/14

Reviewed on 11/19/2014 Tara F

My husband and I had an amazing experience with Perona Farms!! The food and service were exceptional! Justine and Kevin made sure the evening went smoothly and it was just perfect. Throughout the night, family and friends repeatedly praise how beautiful everything was, how... Read More delicious the food was and how fabulous the staff was. Even today, almost 2 weeks later, I have people talking to me about how amazing everything was!!! We could not have dreamed of a better day!!

Thank you for the memories!

Reviewed on 11/18/2014 Stephanie H

Perona Farms was highly recommended by a friend who got married just before we were engaged. We attended Sunday brunch and it was very easy to see how well the dishes fit the seasons; the food was also fantastic! The food was fantastic. Our wedding planner took care of the... Read More majority of the details, which relieved a lot of stress. On our wedding day, our ceremony coordinator and our Maitre d' executed our plans to the letter and with perfect timing. They recommended several timing details that we had not thought of and were absolutely perfect. Many guests commented that ours was the most fun and enjoyable wedding they had ever been to. Weddings are nothing new for Perona Farms and they are seasoned experts. They took us in like we were family and helped us make our day amazing!