Personal Touch Dining - Full Service Catering

San Diego, CA

Personal Touch Dining

Personal Touch Dining makes every event a memorable one with a knowledgeable management team, an array of customizable options, and our close attention to detail we are confident that our "personal touch" will enhance your event!

Cuisine

American, Mexican, BBQ

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Kosher, Nut Free, Sugar Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

9950 Scripps Lake Drive, San Diego, CA (858) 638-0672

AMAZING service!

Reviewed on 10/23/2013 Elaine A

Personal Touch coordinated and catered my wedding at Mt. Woodson's Castle on 10/05. They did a phenomenal job! PRIOR to Wedding: They are amazing at communicating. I got a same day proposal, they did their best to fit my budget, and responded to my endless questions... Read More promptly. AT the wedding: The food tasted amazing! Even my boss, who is the pickiest eater, LOVED the food and got several servings. They even had meals for the children and also accomodated my vegan in-laws. Iman, who was the wedding coordinator did a fabulous job keeping us on track and ON TIME! As a hispanic person, and fitting into the usual "always late" stereotype, my family was amazed at that simple fact. It was so ordered and structured, it truly made our wedding a great experience. She decorated the entrance with our designated stuff and also set up the tables beautifully. She was a joy and a pleasure to work with.Always well composed and professional, even with the florist gave her a hard time! AFTER the Wedding: The promptly returned any and all deposits via mail. We didn't have to call and ask, they were honest and quick! OVERALL, they are a great and highly recommended catering company. Great customer service! Worth EVERY penny! :)

Fantastic!

Reviewed on 10/02/2013 Brianne M

Personal Touch was wonderful to work with and the food was delicious! The tasting they set up before we had committed to using them at our wedding was so professional and really impressed us (and my parents, who were paying!) The staff on the day of the event was really great,... Read More as was the food! Everyone was thrilled with how everything turned out. And we had amazing left overs for days after the wedding!

Couldn't be happier

Reviewed on 9/05/2013 Ellen P

Personal Touch did an amazing job catering my wedding last weekend at the El Cortez!! I worked with Lauren and Iman during the nine months leading up to the day. Both of these ladies were extremely professional, reliable, and detail oriented. We had many guests who requested... Read More special meals, and Personal Touch accomodated them without batting an eyelash. The quality of the food was outstanding and we received countless compliments on it. Our day went incredibly smoothly thanks to them. Way to go Personal Touch!

Reviewed on 2/13/2017 Michelle S

Personal Touch catered our wedding at Mt Woodson Castle. Everything was delicious. Appetizers we had: Tomato basil bisque shooters with grilled asiago cheese point Brie and fig jam crostinis Coconut shrimp with mango purée Salad: Field greens Main: Tri tip (the best) Chicken... Read More caprese Sides: Trio of pastas (great option for vegetarians. they set out both marinara and cream sauce. my dad claims it's the best marinara sauce he's had in his entire life) Garlic and chive whipped Yukon gold potatoes We opted for the buffet style. Everything was delicious, warm, and people loved going back for seconds. If there were any issues, I never knew about it because everything went smoothly. Strongly recommend them for your future event catering needs!

Reviewed on 1/14/2017 Chelsea L

I could not be more thrilled with Personal Touch's service for my December 30th, 2016 wedding! Personal Touch was extremely accommodating during the planning process- they squeezed my then-fiance and I in for a last minute tasting and worked with us to find a time that would... Read More work since work schedules and being from out of town made finding a time difficult. Annalisa and Lauren were both very prompt and helpful when it came to email responses and providing updated invoices. The entire process was extremely organized and very thorough! We had some last minute planning changes due to rain and Personal Touch went above and beyond to ensure that everything looked gorgeous despite the changes. The wait staff was amazing! They were even offering me snacks as I passed by them before the ceremony :) Most importantly, the food was AMAZING!! We did 5 hors d' Oeuvres (crab cakes, chicken and waffle bites, shrimp and andouille sausage skewers, mac and cheese bites, and mini sliders) which were all fabulous. The wait staff ensured that my husband and I had a full tray of hors d' Oeuvres at our sweetheart table and everyone was extremely professional and friendly. For dinner we opted for the chic buffet with the field greens salad, tri-tip carving station, monterey chicken, and whipped potatoes. Everyone was raving about the food!! As we were visiting tables we even had guests asking for the name of our caterer so that they could recommend to others in the area. At the end of the night it was pouring rain but Personal Touch not only packed up the leftovers, but also helped pack up other items and loaded them all into my parents' car. We truly could not have been happier with our service and would highly recommend Personal Touch to anyone planning a wedding or event in the San Diego area!!

Reviewed on 12/09/2016 Cori H

We used PTD for our wedding and we would highly recommend them! The food, presentation , and professionalism were all amazing. They helped customize our taco bar and donut dessert table, which was exactly what we wanted.

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 James F

Personal Touch Dining was the first and only caterer we looked at for our wedding at the La Jolla Woman's Club. They were very responsive from the beginning and continued to blow us away as time passed. They set up a wonderful tasting, which felt very much like a private dinner.... Read More They had a lot for us to choose from both for food options and rentals and they provided great insight. The food was incredible, both at the tasting and the wedding itself. We even went with the ice cream sundae bar which our guests loved! The staff at our wedding were outstanding, they were very welcoming and attentive to us and our guests all night long. Personal Touch Dining was wonderful to work with throughout the whole planning process. They were very prompt in their responses and were very well organized. It was so nice to know that on our wedding day everything was taken care of and we had nothing to worry about.

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Megan M

The food was delicious and all of our guests loved it. It was just as good at our wedding as it was at our tasting. The guests loved the desserts as well.

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Stacey E

If you've got Personal Touch Dining on your preferred vendor list, and even if you don't, PICK EM'!! From start to finish, PTD coordinators and staff, along with our bartenders for our wedding were just incredibly wonderful in every way. They were friendly, attentive, fair in... Read More pricing and even helped to coordinate all our rentals for seating and tables for both our ceremony and reception. PTD team is top notch and we had many compliments on how great the service and food was at our wedding. THANK YOU ALL (Annalise, Lauren and staff)! We are forever fans and will spread the word as much as we can! <3 S + A

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Cassie F

I used Personal Touch dining for my April 3016 wedding and our guests are still talking about how incredible the food and service was! We loved the variety they offered for the small plate stations and they were extremely accommodating with our special requests. I can't say... Read More enough good things about Annalisa, Lauren, and the rest of the team. You will not regret using Personal Touch for your big event!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Cassie F

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Jemie Lyn T

Personal Touch Dining was amazing. Food was extraordinary! Everyone LOVED the food that was served at our wedding!

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Alisa T

We had such an amazing experience with Personal Touch Dining for our wedding on 8/27/16. We used them for our wedding at Leo Carrillo Ranch and could not be happier. We worked with Leah and she was super responsive and helpful throughout the whole process. Nikka was also there... Read More to coordinate day of and was amazing! The packages they offer are super affordable and such a great value, it takes so much of the wedding stress off by being able to have them cover rentals/catering/coordinating/decorating. The food is also SO good and we had guests raving about it (we did a Mexican buffet). The bar package is also a killer deal and the bartenders we had at our wedding were great. We are so happy that Personal Touch Dining manages Leo Carrillo ranch, and we are incredibly happy to have had them make our wedding so awesome!

Reviewed on 8/28/2016 Morgan G

The Personal Touch and Mt. Woodson Castle staff were incredible to work with. Everything is designed to move seamlessly from the moment you book with them, and we felt at ease throughout the whole process. The food from Personal Touch was great (we really loved the appetizers)... Read More and we really enjoyed working with Iman, the Mt. Woodson coordinator. We wanted a particular late night snack (carne asada fries) and they were very accommodating in providing that. We also loved how they packaged the food up for us to go! We also really liked that we were able to save some money and bring in our own alcohol. Our wedding night was perfect- Mt. Woodson provided the most amazing backdrop and the professionalism of the Personal Touch Dining team shined

Reviewed on 8/03/2016 Melissa O

Personal touch was a perfect choice for our June 2016 wedding. It was by far the best tasting we had (both food, and experience) and the level of service along the way was phenomenal. While I can't say I ate much at the actual wedding, our guests enjoyed the meal. Great value... Read More for great service and great food!

Reviewed on 8/02/2016 Elizabeth C

I don't know where to begin. The food was AMAZING and so was the presentation and setting up. Our wedding reception looked flawless. Everyone could tell how professional they were and that they knew what they were doing. We had so much food left over that they packed it up and... Read More they created to-go boxes for our guests. Again the food was AMAZING!!

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Liz E

I am so happy we went with personal touch. They made the day so easy. I chose them because they were the most affordable full-service catering we could find that was approved by our venue, but they really took care of everything. Our guests raved about the food and they really... Read More took care of my husband and I the night of, we didn't have a chance to eat appetizers, yet the brought us a full tray during dinner. They brought us food before anyone else and made sure our glasses were always full. They even sent us to the hotel with slices of wedding cake. I also really appreciated that they coordinated our linen and dance floor rentals and added in a bartender. Finally, we got a complimentary root beer float station. Love personal touch!

Reviewed on 4/08/2016 K W

These girls are AMAZING. We didn't end up using them for our catering because the venue we ended up with includes it, but we were actually sad because we love them! Lauren and Annalisa were super attentive, knowledgeable, and every time we made a change they got us a new... Read More proposal VERY quickly. They even gave us a few recommendations that had nothing to do with their jobs, they just care! We initially e-mailed them because Erin at Leo Carrillo (also with Personal Touch) was equally amazing even though that wasn't the right venue for us. BOOK THESE GIRLS!! <3

Reviewed on 3/30/2016 Sara M

The food served at my wedding was amazing. Everyone raved about it. It was so good we had almost no leftovers packed up and sent home with us. We ordered the salmon and tri-tip as our entrees, strawberry salad as our salad, parmesan-roasted vegetables as our side dish, and mini... Read More fish tacos, black bean and quinoa sliders and baked brie as our hors d' oeuvres. Our tasting was also amazing and conducted very professionally. We were offered wine and beverages of our choice, served large portions of everything, and even given chocolate chip cookies to take home.

Reviewed on 1/04/2016

Personal touch dining coordinated my wedding and made the day absolutely perfect. It was truly magical. Erin and Tracy were more than accommodating. I don't know if anything went wrong, but from my end it was prefect. My husband and I were more than pleased as to how the venue... Read More came out (decoration wise) and how amazing they were with working with us. I could not have asked for better coordinators. Thank you Tracy and Erin for making our day perfect!

Leave it to the pros.

Reviewed on 11/13/2015 Tracy Z

I can't say enough about how great it is to work with Personal Touch Dining. They are so organized, and their food is delicious! Tracy acted as our day-of coordinator as well, and personally knew all of our other vendors (florist, DJ, photographer). The entire wedding process... Read More was so easy because we knew we were in excellent hands. We were providing our own alcohol and a lot of our own decor for the wedding, and we were able to bring it all to their offices the day before the wedding. All of the decor was set up more beautifully than I could have imagined. Tracy thought of everything, from saving us a couple appetizers to enjoy, making sure we ate at the reception, to packing us extra dinner and dessert to take to the hotel with us (it was super necessary, too!). The professionalism and quality service makes Personal Touch a great company and I would definitely recommend them!

Awesome Service

Reviewed on 8/24/2015 Sarah

Personal Touch did an awesome job at our wedding. When we were decideing Caterers we first went to a much cheaper caterer and were very disapointed. The food was not impressive and probably recently frozen and the decor seemed cheap and tacky. Persoal Touch had a sign out front... Read More with our names when we arrived for taste test. They had gorgeous printed menus, obvious attention to detail and the food was delicious. It was difficult to choose only a few! The serivce was great and they were accommodating. The set up on the wedding day was beautiful and went with out decor beautifully. The food was delicious. We got many compliments on the sliders! The pricing isn't the cheapest but fair compared to other catering companies in the area. Besides we ended up getting what we paid for and then some. Price included cupcakes and bartender as well. We were very happy with this comany. I highly recommend them to others!!

Reviewed on 5/23/2015 Holly W

While I did not use Personal Touch Dining for my wedding catering, I did work with Louisa as she was the Venue Coordinator for my wedding venue, Leo Carrillo Ranch. Louisa was AWESOME! She is so friendly, personable, and made great suggestions on how to make my day perfect! I... Read More loved working with her and would recommend her services to anyone and everyone!

Reviewed on 5/12/2015 Paula B

If you are considering Personal Touch Dining for your wedding, please consider this review. Personal Touch Dining catered our wedding in April 2015. The reason for our poor review is because of our experience (or lack thereof) with the vice president and catering director, Tracy... Read More Zemke. Eight days before the wedding, we found out that my husband's father, who had recently been put on hospice care, had 2-3 days left to live after suffering from Parkinson's Disease for over a decade. We immediately flew from San Diego to Oregon to say our goodbyes. In flight, we received our final bill from Personal Touch that needed to be paid in full within three days. We immediately mailed a personal check priority mail to be delivered promptly on the due date. I emailed our contact to let her know the check was on the way. We received notification back from Personal Touch that per the contract we signed in September, it needed to be a cashier's check. We emailed them back explaining our situation, that we were in a small town in Southern Oregon, we could not get a cashier's check from our bank by the due date. They would not budge. We called our bank and they said they could call Personal Touch and guarantee funds were there. We called Personal Touch and begged them to talk to our bank and please take our check. We repeatedly asked to speak with Tracy to see if she could work with us given the circumstances. She was at the office and refused to speak with us. Our wedding coordinator had no problems reaching Tracy, however. She explained our situation, and after yet another battle, where our coordinator had to give her personal guarantee that the check would clear, Tracy agreed to take our check. Literally, during this battle with Personal Touch, my husband's father died. Every other vendor we worked with was kind and compassionate during this awful time (and accepted our personal checks). Tracy Zemke would rather win a meaningless battle than work with a customer at the worst moment of their life.

2015-05-13T23:05:01 Response from the vendor

I am saddened by this review since this is not how things transpired. We did indeed take their personal check on the word of the coordinator since their bank would not verify funds. On the day of the event we provided amazing service that the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/01/2015 Josh S

Lauren, Samantha, Iman & the rest of the staff at Personal Touch Dining were absolutely wonderful in catering our wedding at the Ultimate Skybox in April 2015!! They had incredible attention to detail and were more than happy to make changes to our catering and rentals... Read More throughout the entire process. The food was beyond our wildest expectations and guests could not stop raving about it (even after the wedding had ended)! We even had a vegan guest and she was thrilled with the vegan creation. The serving/bartending staff at the event were all professional and courteous. Most impressively, every single table had multiple check-backs (to ensure guests were satisfied and didn't need any modifications to their meals). We had a wedding for 75 people and met their food/beverage & labor minimums with no problem. While Personal Touch may not be the cheapest caterer in San Diego, their VALUE (excellent service, attention to detail, and delicious food) simply cannot be beat.