Personal Touch Dining - Full Service Catering

San Diego, CA

Personal Touch Dining

Personal Touch Dining makes every event a memorable one with a knowledgeable management team, an array of customizable options, and our close attention to detail we are confident that our "personal touch" will enhance your event!

American, Mexican, BBQ

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Kosher, Nut Free, Sugar Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100

9950 Scripps Lake Drive, San Diego, CA (858) 638-0672

AMAZING service!

Reviewed on 10/23/2013 Elaine A

Personal Touch coordinated and catered my wedding at Mt. Woodson's Castle on 10/05. They did a phenomenal job! PRIOR to Wedding: They are amazing at communicating. I got a same day proposal, they did their best to fit my budget, and responded to my endless questions... Read More promptly. AT the wedding: The food tasted amazing! Even my boss, who is the pickiest eater, LOVED the food and got several servings. They even had meals for the children and also accomodated my vegan in-laws. Iman, who was the wedding coordinator did a fabulous job keeping us on track and ON TIME! As a hispanic person, and fitting into the usual "always late" stereotype, my family was amazed at that simple fact. It was so ordered and structured, it truly made our wedding a great experience. She decorated the entrance with our designated stuff and also set up the tables beautifully. She was a joy and a pleasure to work with.Always well composed and professional, even with the florist gave her a hard time! AFTER the Wedding: The promptly returned any and all deposits via mail. We didn't have to call and ask, they were honest and quick! OVERALL, they are a great and highly recommended catering company. Great customer service! Worth EVERY penny! :)

Reviewed on 10/02/2013 Brianne M

Personal Touch was wonderful to work with and the food was delicious! The tasting they set up before we had committed to using them at our wedding was so professional and really impressed us (and my parents, who were paying!) The staff on the day of the event was really great,... Read More as was the food! Everyone was thrilled with how everything turned out. And we had amazing left overs for days after the wedding!

Couldn't be happier

Reviewed on 9/05/2013 Ellen P

Personal Touch did an amazing job catering my wedding last weekend at the El Cortez!! I worked with Lauren and Iman during the nine months leading up to the day. Both of these ladies were extremely professional, reliable, and detail oriented. We had many guests who requested... Read More special meals, and Personal Touch accomodated them without batting an eyelash. The quality of the food was outstanding and we received countless compliments on it. Our day went incredibly smoothly thanks to them. Way to go Personal Touch!

Reviewed on 3/07/2018 Taylor C

HIRE! HIRE! HIRE! You will not regret it. My guests were amazed at how delicious their food was. As we were doing our "rounds" during dinner to talk to all of our guests the first thing everyone said was how delicious their meal was - and trust me my guests would not lie about... Read More their food if it wasn't good. Aside from the food being delicious I was very impressed with their service both during the planning period and the actual event. Prior to the wedding the team was so on top of everything - they replied quickly, they covered every little detail, and most importantly they were super friendly and I just loved working with them. They deserved 5 stars before the event, but now that I know everything they had to deal with on the day of the event I wish there was an option to award them 50 stars. Cocktail hour started at 4pm and my florist didn't arrive until 3:45. She dropped off all the buckets of flowers, nothing was put together, she didn't help setup, and she told the Personal Touch Dining staff to deal with it. This was 15 minutes before guests were supposed to arrive. The staff immediately synced with my coordinator and got to work with putting all the flowers and centerpieces out. Considering they only 15 minutes to get everything setup, and this wasn't even their job to do, they didn't get everything out but I honestly didn't even notice. Everything looked beautiful and I'm grateful for what they did. I was blown away by Personal Touch Dining and you will not regret hiring them. They are an amazing team and they really go above and beyond to ensure your event is flawless and you're able to sit back and just enjoy.

Reviewed on 2/22/2018 Maegan K

Personal Touch Dining was awesome! They were very flexible in working with us on the menu and our budget and delivered a delicious cocktail hour and fun taco bar for dinner. We're also thankful that they refunded us for the one thing they forgot (cocktail table), which was... Read More fortunately not a big deal at all. Their team was professional and hospitable to our guests for both the wedding, and our small Sunday brunch the following day with our families. We recommend Personal Touch Dining for your big day!

Reviewed on 2/13/2018 Ellie B

Personal Touch did a wonderful job handling all of our wedding day needs. They were very quick to respond to all emails, as there were plenty of additions and subtractions of elements along the way! TAHNK YOU!

Reviewed on 2/09/2018 Jessica H

I worked with Lauren and Personal Touch Dining for my wedding in December. Lauren was super responsive before my big day, and went above and beyond to meet our needs. In addition to providing amazing food and service she coordinated any rentals we needed from the vendor. Lauren... Read More and Personal Touch were a huge part in truly making our day amazing. Thank you!

Reviewed on 12/06/2017 Emily S

Iman was our main contact at Personal Touch, she is the venue coordinator at Mt. Woodson Castle. She helped us through a lot of planning, and made it super easy day-of. Samantha, Iman's assistant, was our go-to gal for the rehearsal and she was there the entire day of the... Read More wedding. The food was AMAZING. I still get compliments on the appetizers, the meal, and we got some small desserts from them. (we got chocolate chip cookies, and those were gone in a flash).

Reviewed on 12/04/2017 Jennifer A

Our venue was beautiful, our food was delicious, and we truly enjoyed our wedding! Overall a very good experience. The only reason we give 4 stars instead of 5 is the fact that the wedding coordinators were really bad about returning emails even as our wedding date was a few... Read More weeks out. We needed to finalize details and were told she was suddenly not receiving our emails- which was odd because we'd been corresponding via email for months before she went silent on us. I wasn't expecting next day responses, just within a week or so but most of the time I didn't hear back at all. She also said I was the only person this was happening with. I was an easy bride so it's not because there were any difficulties between us. I just wish the communication could have been better. Also- the assistant wedding coordinator bumped my shoulder from behind during our cocktail hour to inform me that we were about to start dinner and spilled my wine all down the front of my dress. Thank God I was drinking white wine so it wasn't a total disaster but that was an unexpected scare and wish she would have approached me face to face so that could have been avoided. Accidents happen and it ended up being ok, and like I said- we loved our wedding, but hopefully next time she will change up her approach.

Reviewed on 11/24/2017 Erin Y

Everything was amazing. The staff, the food, the setup of stations. Even from the very beginning Personal Touch was wonderful to work with. They answered all my questions and emails quickly and were very attentive. The food was so delicious on our wedding night and they even... Read More packed up our leftover food in boxes for us to take home. We also used them for bartenders and they were great as well. Overall they are amazing. The only thing that didn't go as planned was that the champagne was not poured for the toasts but it wasn't a really big deal. Personal touch has delicious food and an incredible staff! I highly reccomend them :)

Reviewed on 11/13/2017 Kelly M

5 reviews 5.0 star rating 11/13/2017 Personal touch dinning did a great job catering our wedding. They even accommodated some of my vegan guests pretty easily. The food was great. Everyone seemed happy. Leah also did a fantastic job as the day of wedding coordinator. The whole... Read More wedding process went by without a hitch because of their hard work. Highly recommend their service.

Reviewed on 2/13/2017 Michelle S

Personal Touch catered our wedding at Mt Woodson Castle. Everything was delicious. Appetizers we had: Tomato basil bisque shooters with grilled asiago cheese point Brie and fig jam crostinis Coconut shrimp with mango purée Salad: Field greens Main: Tri tip (the best) Chicken... Read More caprese Sides: Trio of pastas (great option for vegetarians. they set out both marinara and cream sauce. my dad claims it's the best marinara sauce he's had in his entire life) Garlic and chive whipped Yukon gold potatoes We opted for the buffet style. Everything was delicious, warm, and people loved going back for seconds. If there were any issues, I never knew about it because everything went smoothly. Strongly recommend them for your future event catering needs!

Reviewed on 1/14/2017 Chelsea L

I could not be more thrilled with Personal Touch's service for my December 30th, 2016 wedding! Personal Touch was extremely accommodating during the planning process- they squeezed my then-fiance and I in for a last minute tasting and worked with us to find a time that would... Read More work since work schedules and being from out of town made finding a time difficult. Annalisa and Lauren were both very prompt and helpful when it came to email responses and providing updated invoices. The entire process was extremely organized and very thorough! We had some last minute planning changes due to rain and Personal Touch went above and beyond to ensure that everything looked gorgeous despite the changes. The wait staff was amazing! They were even offering me snacks as I passed by them before the ceremony :) Most importantly, the food was AMAZING!! We did 5 hors d' Oeuvres (crab cakes, chicken and waffle bites, shrimp and andouille sausage skewers, mac and cheese bites, and mini sliders) which were all fabulous. The wait staff ensured that my husband and I had a full tray of hors d' Oeuvres at our sweetheart table and everyone was extremely professional and friendly. For dinner we opted for the chic buffet with the field greens salad, tri-tip carving station, monterey chicken, and whipped potatoes. Everyone was raving about the food!! As we were visiting tables we even had guests asking for the name of our caterer so that they could recommend to others in the area. At the end of the night it was pouring rain but Personal Touch not only packed up the leftovers, but also helped pack up other items and loaded them all into my parents' car. We truly could not have been happier with our service and would highly recommend Personal Touch to anyone planning a wedding or event in the San Diego area!!

Reviewed on 12/09/2016 Cori H

We used PTD for our wedding and we would highly recommend them! The food, presentation , and professionalism were all amazing. They helped customize our taco bar and donut dessert table, which was exactly what we wanted.

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 James F

Personal Touch Dining was the first and only caterer we looked at for our wedding at the La Jolla Woman's Club. They were very responsive from the beginning and continued to blow us away as time passed. They set up a wonderful tasting, which felt very much like a private dinner.... Read More They had a lot for us to choose from both for food options and rentals and they provided great insight. The food was incredible, both at the tasting and the wedding itself. We even went with the ice cream sundae bar which our guests loved! The staff at our wedding were outstanding, they were very welcoming and attentive to us and our guests all night long. Personal Touch Dining was wonderful to work with throughout the whole planning process. They were very prompt in their responses and were very well organized. It was so nice to know that on our wedding day everything was taken care of and we had nothing to worry about.

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Megan M

The food was delicious and all of our guests loved it. It was just as good at our wedding as it was at our tasting. The guests loved the desserts as well.

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Stacey E

If you've got Personal Touch Dining on your preferred vendor list, and even if you don't, PICK EM'!! From start to finish, PTD coordinators and staff, along with our bartenders for our wedding were just incredibly wonderful in every way. They were friendly, attentive, fair in... Read More pricing and even helped to coordinate all our rentals for seating and tables for both our ceremony and reception. PTD team is top notch and we had many compliments on how great the service and food was at our wedding. THANK YOU ALL (Annalise, Lauren and staff)! We are forever fans and will spread the word as much as we can! <3 S + A

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Cassie F

I used Personal Touch dining for my April 3016 wedding and our guests are still talking about how incredible the food and service was! We loved the variety they offered for the small plate stations and they were extremely accommodating with our special requests. I can't say... Read More enough good things about Annalisa, Lauren, and the rest of the team. You will not regret using Personal Touch for your big event!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Cassie F

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Jemie Lyn T

Personal Touch Dining was amazing. Food was extraordinary! Everyone LOVED the food that was served at our wedding!

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Alisa T

We had such an amazing experience with Personal Touch Dining for our wedding on 8/27/16. We used them for our wedding at Leo Carrillo Ranch and could not be happier. We worked with Leah and she was super responsive and helpful throughout the whole process. Nikka was also there... Read More to coordinate day of and was amazing! The packages they offer are super affordable and such a great value, it takes so much of the wedding stress off by being able to have them cover rentals/catering/coordinating/decorating. The food is also SO good and we had guests raving about it (we did a Mexican buffet). The bar package is also a killer deal and the bartenders we had at our wedding were great. We are so happy that Personal Touch Dining manages Leo Carrillo ranch, and we are incredibly happy to have had them make our wedding so awesome!

Reviewed on 8/28/2016 Morgan G

The Personal Touch and Mt. Woodson Castle staff were incredible to work with. Everything is designed to move seamlessly from the moment you book with them, and we felt at ease throughout the whole process. The food from Personal Touch was great (we really loved the appetizers)... Read More and we really enjoyed working with Iman, the Mt. Woodson coordinator. We wanted a particular late night snack (carne asada fries) and they were very accommodating in providing that. We also loved how they packaged the food up for us to go! We also really liked that we were able to save some money and bring in our own alcohol. Our wedding night was perfect- Mt. Woodson provided the most amazing backdrop and the professionalism of the Personal Touch Dining team shined

Reviewed on 8/03/2016 Melissa O

Personal touch was a perfect choice for our June 2016 wedding. It was by far the best tasting we had (both food, and experience) and the level of service along the way was phenomenal. While I can't say I ate much at the actual wedding, our guests enjoyed the meal. Great value... Read More for great service and great food!

Reviewed on 8/02/2016 Elizabeth C

I don't know where to begin. The food was AMAZING and so was the presentation and setting up. Our wedding reception looked flawless. Everyone could tell how professional they were and that they knew what they were doing. We had so much food left over that they packed it up and... Read More they created to-go boxes for our guests. Again the food was AMAZING!!

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Liz E

I am so happy we went with personal touch. They made the day so easy. I chose them because they were the most affordable full-service catering we could find that was approved by our venue, but they really took care of everything. Our guests raved about the food and they really... Read More took care of my husband and I the night of, we didn't have a chance to eat appetizers, yet the brought us a full tray during dinner. They brought us food before anyone else and made sure our glasses were always full. They even sent us to the hotel with slices of wedding cake. I also really appreciated that they coordinated our linen and dance floor rentals and added in a bartender. Finally, we got a complimentary root beer float station. Love personal touch!