Pittsburgh's Grand Hall at The Priory

Ballroom, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Service Staff

614 Pressley St, Pittsburgh, PA (412) 323-9394

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Madeline H

The venue is absolutely gorgeous, we got so many compliments from guests. The food and cake was also wonderful from their in-house caterer. We had our wedding coordinator change jobs a month before our wedding. There were some things at the reception I wish they would have... Read More been a little more hands on with. The hotel is not easy to work with to book rooms. Overall if you are organized it shouldn't be a problem, beautiful venue!

Reviewed on 3/07/2017 Marissa W

We just our wedding there this past weekend and was blown away by everything. The staff was so incredibly helpful to make the day perfect. Across the courtyard, at the hotel, the staff was fantastic and accommodating, whether it was the shuttle making multiple trips to the bars... Read More on the North Shore or room service bringing up glasses for whiskey. People couldn't stop saying how beautiful it was, and how convenient it was that the hotel was attached.

Reviewed on 11/05/2016 Meghan R

The Priory made our dream wedding a reality! Sara-Lynn and her team took the stress out of planning the details and were always one step ahead of my next question. Their main focus was on making the bride and groom happy, and that thoughtfulness carried through to each detail.... Read More They were very attentive on our wedding day - even bringing us the app we really wanted and didn't get before dinner based on a side comment that was overheard! Many guests said it was the best wedding they've been to in the city and loved the food. Their cookie table display is worth the money, too - absolutely gorgeous! The hotel even gave us a note in our room from a phone call from a cousin in Ireland. Thanks for a wonderful day - I couldn't recommend it more highly!

Reviewed on 9/29/2016 Christina L

We couldn't have picked a better venue for our reception than the Priory! The staff, led by Pam, was so helpful throughout the entire planning process, they set up the room beautifully, and the food was delicious!!

Reviewed on 6/06/2016 Amanda L

Our wedding at the Grand Hall was the best day ever. Sara-Lynn made the entire process easy and fun. She responds to emails very quickly and kept me on track throughout the year. The entire staff was great the weekend of our wedding. They worked with us for our cookie table, and... Read More with all of our own decorations we brought in as well. The food and cake were PHENOMENAL. Courtney is also so helpful and sweet, and ensured our day ran smoothly! Would recommend the Priory to anyone venue hunting!!! We couldn't have asked for a better weekend!

Reviewed on 3/21/2016 Lacey T

I had my wedding reception at the priory March 19, 2016 and used their winter white wedding package. I was completely blown away when i walked into the hall. It is absolutely breathtaking (even without all of the decorations). It's got so much character and charm. From the start... Read More of my wedding planning to the day of, i had the absolute pleasure of working with wedding planner, Sara-Lynn. She is an exceptional asset to their establishment and was so incredibly helpful throughout the planning and set up process. I had a ton of questions and she always was sure to get back to me asap and with thorough answers. She provided great unbiased suggestions and gave me new ideas. She treated my wedding as if it was hers and the final outcome was breathtaking. She and her staff, Pam and Courtney, helped set ul the day of my wedding and they blew me away. I had the wedding of my dreams in a gorgeous venue and a much less stressful experience thanks to the help of Sara-Lynn and the rest of the Priory staff. Anyone having a wedding in Pittsburgh should consider the priory!

2016-03-25T07:24:54 Response from the vendor

Thank You Lacey! It was an absolute pleasure working with you and the family!

Reviewed on 3/16/2016

As the mother of the bride, one worries about every little detail being perfect. I can honestly say that it was nothing less than that.....PERFECT!!!!! Working with Sara Lynn, our coordinator, was a pleasure! She did an amazing job of pleasing everyone and was there to... Read More oversee the whole day and night, from setting the room perfectly and so beautifully....to making sure everything was packed up after the reception ended. I cannot say enough about this venue! The appetizers, dinner, bar, cake and the fantastic personal service made for an amazing reception that we had so many compliments on! If you ever think it's too expensive....trust me, it's so very worth every penny! The same is said for the staff at the Priory Hotel! Amazing staff and so accommodating for whatever we needed! The 4th floor apartment was the perfect place for the bride and her bridesmaids to get ready for the ceremony. Had nothing but compliments from guests who stayed there! Thank you to everyone that was involved in some way for a perfect weekend! The Priory/Grand Hall owners are blessed to have such wonderful employees who truly take pride in the jobs that they do!!!!

Reviewed on 2/28/2016 Sonni P

My husband and I could not have been more pleased with our wedding! The Priory Grand Hall was absolutely magical. All of our guests couldn't stop talking about it during and in the weeks after our wedding. They allowed us to develop custom food stations, which everyone loved!... Read More Because we were planning from afar, we never got to have a food tasting, so I was nervous how everything would turn out. Everything was amazing! And because they allowed us to do fun food stations, it felt like the menu was created for us - truly incredible! Sara-Lynn was amazing! She went above and beyond to ensure that everything went flawlessly! She even came to my husband and I during the reception to tell us it was snowing outside to see if we wanted to get a picture in it. Of course we did, so she grabbed the photographers and videographer and we got the most incredible shots! Everyone thought they were fake! It only snowed for ~10 minutes that night. So, it was so awesome that she thought enough to let us know. She is incredibly composed and professional, but, most importantly, she cares that everything goes beautifully on your wedding day. I would highly recommend The Priory Grand Hall and Sara-Lynn!!!

Elegant and Timeless

Reviewed on 1/25/2016 Jessica L

My December wedding at the Grand Hall was absolutely beautiful. My only wish was that I had been a guest attending the celebration as opposed to the bride. The room itself was beautiful. We had black and white décor and there were hundreds of white lit candles everywhere. It was... Read More truly beautiful! My only complaint was that we had a schedule for the evening set (ie cocktail hour, entrance, first dance, cake cutting, etc.) but no one really kept us on that schedule. The events staggered through the evening and I thought it was the responsibility of the event manager to keep us on track but that could have been my misunderstanding. I'm not sure. I would recommend this venue if you are looking for something elegant and timeless but just be aware of your time for the evening.

STUNNING VENUE!

Reviewed on 12/30/2015 Kelly M

The Grand Hall at The Priory did an amazing job for my wedding reception. Sara-Lynn was amazing to work with and I highly recommended her. The only down side is the outside is nothing special, however it makes the inside that more stunning when you enter. The food was amazing... Read More and they accommodated any food restrictions or allergies we made them aware of. I personally went with the Gold Package, it is the most expensive package they offer, but I wouldn't do anything different. I also recommended the Wall of Lights options. It just adds just a little special touch to the venue.

Reviewed on 12/02/2015 Margaret S

We were so happy with our entire wedding celebration at the Grand Hall. We had the pleasure of working with Sara-Lynn throughout our entire planning experience. She was outstanding. Leading up to the wedding day she was so helpful and quick to respond to correspondences. On our... Read More wedding day she was on top of everything and available at every turn. The Grand Hall was a beautiful backdrop to our wedding day. We had our Ceremony and Reception at the hall with cocktail hour held in the private courtyard. They did everything for us. All of our guest raved about the food and venue. Sara-Lynn was so accommodating to us and meet every need we had. She is very easy to work with. We can't express enough how wonderful this venue and staff is.

Reviewed on 8/16/2015

Our daughter's reception was held at the Grand Hall and I cannot say enough about the hall. It was very elegant and everyone there was so helpful. Sara Lynn took control as soon as we arrived at the door. Our guests were guided to the courtyard for cocktails and then shown to... Read More the ballroom. The dinner was excellent (crab cake and fillet) and the cake was from the Priory Bakery which was delicious. Our guests and myself stayed at the Priory Hotel which also was beyond my expectations with an excellent brunch the following morning. For an elegant wedding the Priory is definitely the venue to book.

Reviewed on 7/18/2015 Maggie R

The Grand Hall at the Priory and its staff were all amazing! Our wedding reception was perfect thanks to them! We had the pleasure of working with Sara-Lynn. We can not say enough about how much we appreciate everything that she did. She took all of our worries away, her... Read More attention to detail was impeccable, and she went the extra mile at every step. The venue was absolutely beautiful, the food was excellent, and the cake from the Priory Bakery was beautiful and delicious. Our family and friends all had a blast and have not stopped talking about our reception.

The best decision I made re: wedding planning

Reviewed on 4/27/2015 Rafaela R

We held our wedding at The Priory almost a year ago and are still receiving compliments on how convenient and beautiful it was from our guests. It is such a beautiful venue and was so convenient to have the ceremony and reception in the same room without people even needing to... Read More move from their table. Sarah Lynn was amazing. We had A LOT of road blocks and almost catastrophes that had nothing to do with the venue, however, Sarah Lynn handled all of them and kept me out of the loop so I could enjoy the day. I didn't even know most of it was happening until my girls told me the next day. They were so easy to work with and take care of everything that it was the easiest part of the wedding planning. It's such a special place and I'm so happy that it is where the memories of our wedding were made.

Stress free fairytale wedding

Reviewed on 4/24/2015 Rachael

My husband Jamie and I have been to the Priory and Grand Hall for several events and when he proposed I knew there was no other place I would want to get married. I could explain how beautiful and elegant the Grand Hall is but one step inside the hall is all you would need to... Read More understand that my words could not do it justice. What you can’t see when you walk into the Grand Hall is the level of expertise and planning that goes into your wedding. The staff at the Grand Hall is amazing at helping to plan and organize a wedding. I had several meetings with Sara-lynn and Trish who both were so helpful at planning everything from the hor d'oeuvres to when we should cut the cake and helped with picking the other vendors. As we got closer to the day of the wedding was when I was really appreciative that I went with the Priory and Grand Hall. I literally had to do nothing but show up with my favors and other items and they did the rest. They set up all the tables and linens, things I never considered and would have added a considerable amount of stress. I didn’t have to worry about setting up a thing. We had a great rehearsal and I got to see everything set up already for the big day. After the dinner Jamie and I went to Monks bar, relaxed, had a few drinks and sat by the fire. Since we booked rooms the night before we were able to enjoy breakfast there in the morning and there was no rushing to get ready. The morning of the entire staff coordinated the whole day for me. Sara-lynn was there to make sure everyone was on time, that the florist knew where to go, she handled problems with the DJ and I was able to just relax and enjoy the day. She was there throughout the night to make sure everything ran like clockwork, the first dance, cake cutting and kept me and all the bridesmaids and groomsmen on track. The food…… I LOVED all the food! Everyone raved about every appetizer, salad and entrée. It all came out delicious and HOT. There is nothing worse…. NOTHING, to me than cold food. Months later people are still talking to me about the food and the cake. The CAKE! It was perfection, it was also included in the wedding from the Priory Bakery and it was GORGEOUS. I showed the baker a few pictures and talked over ideas and it came out perfect, again I got so many compliments. It of course, tasted amazing too. The icing on the cake was no clean up. After a wonderful day with all my friends and family, I didn’t have to bother anyone to help clean up and pack up leftover cake. All I had to do was designate someone to take gifts and cards. Jamie and I went back to Monks bar and continued our celebration with a few friends and family and then retired to our room where a bottle of champagne and some delicious deserts were waiting for us, the perfect ends to a perfect day!

Amazing from start to finish!

Reviewed on 12/15/2014 Allison C

We fell in love with The Priory from the first visit and loved the look and its special part in Pittsburgh History. Sara-Lynn was amazing to work with from start to finish. She was extremely professional and prompt to reply. She took all the stress out of our day and... Read More everything flowed perfectly! The venue itself is amazing. I love the stained glass and the balcony the most - but the entire venue is stunning. All of our guests commented on how beautiful it was! We couldn't be happier with how our wedding turned out!

Great place for a Celebration

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Maureen P

Sara-Lynn and her staff are fantastic...Very attentive and go out of their way to help! The venue is hard to beat. It looks great for the ceremony and transforms to a wonderful place for a party. Pro's: Staff, venue, appetizers, wedding cake, almond chicken, great... Read More acoustics Con's: Don't accept credit cards, 11pm stop time, prime rib was hit or miss

Amazing! Exceeded our expections!

Reviewed on 10/24/2014 Jaime K

I would give the Priory 10 stars if I could. First off, Sara-Lynn was wonderful. She was prompt, responsive, and extremely professional. The Grand Hall part of the planning process was 100% stress free. I was planning my wedding from CO and they took care of all the details -... Read More with only a few emails, phone calls, and 2 in person visits. They were flawless during the planning process and on our day treated us like royalty! It goes without saying that the venue is uniquely beautiful and the food is delicious. Our guests raved about our venue choice and menu. Planning a wedding is a huge time and financial investment and at the end of the day I wanted it to be fun and memorable. It so exceeded that - I will forever remember the day as the BEST EVER - it was an absolutely grand affair and we have been told again and again by our guests how fabulous it was. I attribute so much of this to our venue choice- we are a pretty causal couple, but for one day felt absolutely glamorous. I see many wedding sites rating the Priory as a high end/costly venue, it is definitely high end , but I have been involved with the planning of DIY weddings and at the end of the day I feel like the Priory was a great value. We did do it on a Friday to save costs, but the quality of food, the breathtaking space, and the professionalism of the staff were well worth every penny. I would do it the same a thousand times over. If you are on the fence - do it. You will not regret it!

Breath taking and spectacular

Reviewed on 10/15/2014 Jodee G

My wedding was absolutely stunning. The Priory really goes above and beyond in every aspect. I have gotten so many compliments from my guest regarding the professional staff. The food is amazing and worth every penny you pay. Definitely use the court yard for your cocktail hour,... Read More it adds a really nice touch. Any issues (just had a few minor) were resolved immediately without me knowing until after my honeymoon. Truly an amazing venue with a beautiful and unique atmosphere.

Two Grooms

Reviewed on 10/12/2014

We were married in late May and had our reception August, 22nd. We were two grooms who wanted a reception to share with our family and friends. What we weren't good at was planning the event. Sara-Lynn was amazing!!! She sat with us and set a plan for our amazing night!... Read More Sara-Lynn and Trish suggested we use, ZFlorist for our flowers for the tables. We were so impressed with the quality and design of the arrangements. The food was amazing!! We offered Chicken Risotto Florentine, Seafood Napolean, and Vegetable Strudle. Everyone LOVED their meal choices. The risotto was a hit!! So many compliments! Sara-Lynn suggested we do a group photo from the balcony. Great idea and I hope more people do it! We are sending out the photo in our thank you notes. We had an after party where we had a bar and offered pizzas to out of town guests and family. Pam (employee) was so much fun! We waited a long time to legally get married and we wanted the BEST reception we could host. The Grand Hall far exceeded our expectations!

Amazing!!

Reviewed on 10/11/2014

We truly loved our wedding day at the Priory. The staff ensured everything was perfect. All details were well thought about and they kept our night stress free. It was a truly amazing experience. Sara-Lynn was awesome! We did not have her through our entire planning process but... Read More she made all the difference in the end. She cared about our day as much as we did and it really showed. Thank you again!!

Beautiful wedding!

Reviewed on 10/09/2014 Jessica R

My husband and I had a great wedding at the Priory and highly suggest it! The venue itself is absolutely beautiful and made our wedding everything we ever wished for!!! From the beginning to the day of, the wedding planners were always available to answer our questions and... Read More got back to us in a timely Manner! If you are in between a couple venues like we were.... One thing that sold us was that the space at the Priory is yours and only yours! You don't have to share the space with other weddings or events like many other venues out there! Also, we used the outside courtyard for cocktail hour which really made the venue stand out! The food was great!! We got to taste it beforehand so we had an idea of what we wanted! Everything tasted great so it was hard to pick! You can not go wrong with anything! We also used the priory bakery for our cake.... Which was also delicious! The room was very comfortable and spacious! The high ceilings and the stained glass windows really makes the Priory such an amazing atmosphere! We used the uplighting on the pillars which was also a great accent! They have valet parking and security around which also sets the Priory different from other venues we looked at! We highly suggest the Priory, and would like to thank Sara and the staff for making our day so special!!! We had many compliments after the wedding on how our wedding was one of the nicest weddings they ever attended!!

Amazing wedding day 7-19-14

Reviewed on 10/07/2014 Erica N

The moment I found out about the priory, I knew this was the place for us. This was the only venue my husband and I looked at. From the moment we walked in, we knew it was our venue. Sara-Lynn was amazing. She always responded to our emails and calls the same day and was... Read More truly our wedding planner. The Thursday before the wedding, she met with me walked me through every detail and introduced me to all her staff. I was worried the night of the wedding that she wasn't going to be there but the rest of her staff did an amazing job. We have received so much feedback from family and friends on how impressed they were with the venue, service, food and DJ. I can honestly say I would not change one thing about my wedding. Yes, it was a stretch on our budget but the food (crab tilapia and almond chicken) was amazing! I would highly recommend the Priory. I wish I could relive this night all over again, minus the rain! Thank you Sara-Lynn and team, you were amazing!

Perfection

Reviewed on 9/05/2014 Kristin M

My husband and I visited the Grand Hall before we were even engaged, so that we could get an idea of what we needed to plan & how much to save. This was the first venue we researched, and all others that followed could not compare. It was the easiest & fastest decision we... Read More made. I had forgotten that our first visit was before our engagement, until our wedding coordinator, Sara-Lynn, reminded me as we were setting up the venue the day before our wedding. There are many couples that she works with, and for her to even remember our first meeting two years ago is a sign that you will not be treated insignificantly. Besides the beauty & cleanliness of the Grand Hall, we loved the organization & more importantly the communication with our wedding planner & the entire staff. When it came down to about two weeks before our wedding, communication was important. We had many questions that hadn't popped up in the prior months, and Sara-Lynn was excellent with timely responses and clear explanations to all of our needs. The day of our wedding really was the best day of our lives. After our ceremony & pictures, we relaxed at the Townhouse across the street, where we enjoyed cocktails and hors d'oeuvres before our reception. Sara-Lynn helped my mom bustle my gown during this time, too. The townhouse was one of my favorite parts of the day. It was wonderful to enjoy that time with my husband, as we all know the day goes by fast! Lastly, the food & service. This is coming from an italian who makes everything from scratch. Everything was exquisite. We are still getting compliments on how amazing the dinners & wait staff was at our wedding. Servers are very kind and attentive. They did not just walk around with trays ignoring guests during cocktail hour. I can't tell you how many events I've been to where I'm the person chasing the server for hors d'oeuvres! They approached our guests and treated them kindly, as if it was truly their pleasure to be at our event, too. I highly recommend Pittsburgh's Grand Hall at the Priory. Ask for Sara-Lynn!

A beautiful choice

Reviewed on 7/09/2014 Beth W

Overall, we had a great experience at the Grand Hall! We had a bit of trouble with Heather (who no longer works there), but the general manager Rebecca stepped in and took care of everything! She is amazing- she helped us make our wedding day about us, and helped tailor... Read More everything so that it would be "our" wedding. (We had a small wedding that was nontraditional.) They were willing to work with our budget- we had our wedding on a Thursday evening to help keep down costs. Rebecca stayed in contact with us throughout the planning process and was always quick to respond to questions and emails. The food was amazing as well. All of our guests raved about how good everything tasted! And the staff was excellent. Everyone was so kind and pleasant to deal with! Trish and Christine worked our event. They made sure to work with our photographer and DJ to make sure everything ran smoothly. They took care of everything- we didn't have to worry at all. I would highly recommend the Grand Hall to anyone.