Planterra Conservatory

West Bloomfield Township, MI

The Best Venue for a Winter Wedding in Michigan

The Planterra Conservatory is a unique botanical garden setting for wedding receptions and ceremonies. The Conservatory boasts architectural features such as European curved trusses, indoor koi ponds, a dramatic stone gabian archway and the largest indoor living wall in Michigan. Call us today to request information and schedule a tour!

Guest Capacity

7315 Drake Road, West Bloomfield Township, MI

Most MAGICAL night of our lives

Reviewed on 1/07/2014 Brittany H

Our night with Planterra was the most magical night of our lives. If you are looking to feel like a princess and be treated like princess then you have found the right vendor. Planterra made planning my wedding such an easy process. They take care of literally everything for... Read More you. No hassle of picking out centerpieces or flowers, because they take your inspirations/ideas/and pictures and create a reality. We showed up to our floral/centerpiece meeting anticipating a day of tough decisions but when we walked in to the meeting our center pieces were sitting in front of us and were EXACTLY what I wanted. We received compliments on this venue ALL NIGHT telling us it was the best wedding they had ever gone to and that it was so magical and romantic. It saddens me to write this review because it means our wedding is already over. However knowing how wonderful the night was, brings a smile back to my face. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU PLANTERRA. You are forever a part of our hearts. The Hendersons

Reviewed on 10/30/2013 Elisabethe c

Not only is the scenery amazing, the customer service is above any I've ever had. They made sure to cater to us and allow us some private space just for us for when we became overwhelmed. One of the best venues in the area!

Reviewed on 2/07/2013 Amanda o

The Venue was a fairytale. From the moment I walked in to see the venue, David was there to help out. All the planning and discussing, I was so anxious to see how it would all turn out on the big day. Seeing the vision come together was more than I could ever ask for. The... Read More food was incredible, and I couldn't have asked for better help on the day of. Everything went so smoothly, I absolutely recommend this venue for someone else's fairy tale.

Our Wedding Dream Come True

Reviewed on 9/21/2015 Casey R

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at Planterra over the weekend, and OMG it was incredible. From the very beginning stages of planning to the very end, they took care of every little detail. This is the perfect venue for someone that doesn't necessarily want to be over... Read More involved in decor or just doesn't know where to start. David is amazing and thinks of all the little things. We got so many compliments on the food, one from a private chef who said it's the best wedding food she has ever had. The atmosphere was so romantic and elegant, and I have never seen a more beautiful event space. It is SO much more unique than your average hall space. Choosing Planterra for our venue was the best decision we made, and I would recommend it to any engaged couple wanting something different than more typical weddings.

Wedding Ceremony

Reviewed on 6/25/2014 Jocelyn P

David at the Planterra is amazing!!! We had our wedding ceremony here and it was wonderful. They did our bouquets and it was exactly what I wanted. The only glitch was after we were pronounced husband and wife...they didn't start playing our song to exit down the aisle. It was... Read More awkward but everything else went amazingly.

Beautiful Ceremony

Reviewed on 11/10/2013 Shelley H

We loved the Planterra from the moment we saw it. We knew it would be the perfect space for our unique wedding - no one we know has ever gotten married in a place like this! Too bad the office staff is inconsiderate and incompetent. They obviously know brides and grooms will put... Read More up with their crap to have their wedding at this venue. More than once I called, ready to drive up there with our deposit after coordinating with the reception site for a wedding date that both had available, only to find that they already gave our date to someone else. Only a few days had passed each time, and they gave us no waring or put a hold on the dates for me to have enough time to get in touch with our reception venue. We had problems on more than one occasion, and the Event Coordinator, David, was pompous and rude our first few meetings. We were only having our ceremony there and they seemed not to care about us since they weren't getting as much money as they would for the entire wedding. After dozens of email from multiple people, things finally started falling into place. The rehearsal went smoothly thanks to Jen, she really changed my opinion of the people working there after just an hour or so. Thankfully she is working there, she should be the only one allowed to communicate with the public. While they were a nightmare to deal with, they do know how to throw a wedding, and everything was gorgeous on our big day. The perk about having your wedding here is that they include the officiant, a musician, flowers, and a toast at the end! I would recommend this place SOLELY on the wow-factor and how beautiful our pictures are!

Great setting but needed more attention to detail

Reviewed on 2/17/2013 Sarah C

great place for a beautiful wedding, though we were running around the afternoon of the wedding trying to get things looking like we requested. Had several conversations about the same thing, and took a few tries for them to get it right. Make sure to micromanage the event... Read More contact if you want to use this venue!

Ceremony & Reception at Planterra

Reviewed on 12/13/2012 Ann L

Very unique and romantic setting, especially at night. The staff is wonderful and they take care of everything. You can be involved as much, or as little, as you want in the details. They do floral, rentals, food (very yummy), decorations, linens, etc. You only need a DJ,... Read More photographer, and cake. It's perfect for busy brides! My only complaint was that they upcharged us handsomely for adding a local microbrew to the beer selection, and then only purchased 1 case of 24 bottles. It was gone within 30 minutes. Other than that little glitch, everything was wonderful.

Meet The Events Director

David D.

David has been directing events for Planterra clients since 2010. He designs each event – from menu, décor, floral and every detail in between - to make our clients’ visions come to life. He has 10 years of professional experience in arts fundraising, programming and event planning and worked at Pace MacGill Gallery, The Noguchi Museum and one of Estee Lauder’s family foundations in New York. David is a graduate of both Albion College and Brooklyn College and attended the Atelier Léo Marchutz in Aix-en-Provence, France. David’s interests include wine, art and useless pop culture knowledge.

TO Planterra Conservatory