Pleasantdale Chateau

West Orange, NJ

Unforgettable Moments Await in a Storybook Setting

Once through the ivy-covered gatehouse, you are immersed in 40 acres of formal gardens, walking bridges, ponds and meadows. From the Grand Ballroom to the many historic rooms, the exquisite interiors of this historic estate evoke a timeless sophistication that cannot be reproduced elsewhere.

$$$

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Garden, Estate, Historic Venue, Hotel, Park

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning

Bow2010

757 Eagle Rock Ave, West Orange, NJ

Unforgettable, Incredible, Breathtaking Venue!!!

Reviewed on 11/29/2013 Jackie R

My husband and I visited more than a dozen venues within the Tri-State area in search of the perfect wedding location. But the moment we stepped inside Pleasantdale Chateau, we knew that our search was over. I’ll never forget the look of awe on my husband's face as we toured... Read More the sweeping grounds and historic mansion with its soaring ceilings and grand ballroom – every detail was breathtaking. We met with Laura Madden, senior catering director, and were immediately impressed by her professionalism, humor, calming nature, and straightforward approach. To this day, we tell people that Laura was a big selling point for us. We trusted Laura instantly and knew that we wanted her in charge of our special day. On our wedding day Pleasantdale not only exceeded our expectations, it completely blew them away. We were treated like royalty from the moment that we arrived. An attendant was assigned to the bride and the groom and they were by our side for the entire day. The patience and helpfulness of Natasha, my attendant, was saint-like. [My husband wanted me to add that Pleasantdale has an incredible basement "man cave" with pool tables, darts, poker tables, flat screens, bar-style shuffleboard and, of course, beer. This kept the boys busy during the morning hours while the women got pampered and ready.] Maitre d' Santiago was hilarious and kept the event right on schedule. Earpieces linked the staff so they were able to respond to any issues, requests, or questions with military precision. They were able to stop my crying four-year-old nephew ring bearer with a cupcake seconds before he walked down the aisle and fix my broken bustle on the dance floor without me hardly noticing that they were there. The cocktail hour is often a blur for newlyweds, but we were able to enjoy every moment of ours because we were treated to a private mini-feast of all of our appetizers in my bridal suite before heading down to greet our guests. The ballroom for the reception is enormous and looks like a page out of a fairy tale. There was no overcrowding on the dance floor and there was a bar located in each corner of the room so everyone stayed well hydrated. Also, each table is assigned its own waiter, so even your guests are treated like royalty. The level of attention given by the Pleasantdale staff is world class. We opted for the after party and the morning-after brunch. The after party was held in a separate three-room bar area in the chateau. Everyone had a blast and it was the perfect way to cap the night. The on-site hotel rooms were definitely a plus and much appreciated by our guests who didn't have far to stumble home. In true Pleasantdale style, even the morning-after brunch was completely delicious and over the top! Pleasantdale is by no means a fancy catering hall or a cookie-cutter wedding factory; it is literally an exquisite mansion on a sprawling estate that is yours and your guests' to enjoy for a day, Great Gatsby style. We want to thank everyone at Pleasantdale for giving us the most magical night of our lives! All our best, Jackie & Gene

The wedding of my dreams was better than I'd imagined!

Reviewed on 10/05/2013 Pamela F

The Pleasantdale Chateau delivered above and beyond what we had expected for our wedding day. My husband and I were blown away by the attentiveness of everyone on staff that day. Laura worked with us to meet requests. My bridal attendant was on point and by my side every... Read More moment. She was sensitive, thoughtful and made sure I ate and looked like a million bucks every moment of the day. Natasha felt like a friend after an hour and like a sister by the end of the night. The wait staff was on point and met every guests needs as each course was served and the food - flawless! My cake was like biting into heaven! David and I could not have asked for anything more from The Pleasantdale Chateau. They literally made my dream come true!

Fairy Tale Wedding

Reviewed on 10/05/2013 Tracie L

Extravagant and memorable...this was a one-of-a-kind wedding in so many ways, but The Pleasantdale organized everything down to the last detail making for a wonderful and stress free day! Thank you!

Reviewed on 8/23/2015

We got married at pleasantdale on August 8. During our planning period Andrew was replaced by Fred Fogg as the event/catering director. Fred offered us what we had already discuss with Andrew but also presented some of his ideas and new visions. We trusted him with everything he... Read More recommended and he over delivered. Meeting with Fred and Santiago to discuss some of the changes/upgrades we could add to the event was a little nerve wracking, but we gave them the ball and let them run with it. I am so happy and grateful we trusted Fred with his new ideas and visions for the PC. His ideas are novel, fun, and memorable. Fred listens to your ideas and looks for ways to make them happen as opposed to finding reasons why they can't. You could have your wedding ther and attend another and it could feel like two spectacular, albeit, different events. However some things that will remain consistent are the food being EXCELLENT and WAY above "wedding food par" they honestly need their own category it's so good, the service: you will feel like a superstar on the day of your wedding, and the detail-orientated nature of staff will put you at ease because they literally have everything covered before you even think of it. Our maitra'd was Santiago who has been with Pleasantdale for over 10 years. I can't begin to explain how on point he was from start to finish and covered every detail precisely. Santiago's staff of bridal attendants were also amazing Veronica and Leslie were beyond attentive, friendly, and accomodating. I truly felt like this was the best day of my life and and I owe it all to the Pleasantdale Chateau staff. Of course the venue is breathtaking enough the staff actually exceeded our expectations. I know everyone thinks they have the best wedding ever, but if you want to ENSURE that, have it at the Pleasantdale, it is a remarkable place with a one-of-a-kind staff. This will continue to be the PREMIER wedding venue in the Tri-State area. It was a dream come true.

Reviewed on 5/30/2015 Arielle B

All of the excellent reviews are true, Pleasantdale Château was able to deliver the most magical day of our lives! From the moment we got there everything was perfect. Both my groom and I were greeted by our bridal attendants, whom we had the entire day. Veronica, my attendant,... Read More was amazing. She was there for absolutely everything I needed throughout the course of the day. All of our requests were carried out in the utmost professional manner. Santiago, our maître d', made the day stress free and perfect. It looked like it was going to downpour right before our ceremony - When he asked me what I wanted to do, I told him that I wanted to have it outside, and that's all I had to say. He made it happen. We had the most beautiful ceremony outside with just a few raindrops. He is the best! I can't even begin to describe how perfect the rest of the day was because not one detail was overlooked. I could not have asked for a better day. From the staff, to meeting the new director, Fred Fogg, to the delectable food and marvelous cocktails, and splendid grounds, everything was perfect! Thank you!

Feeling like a Princess

Reviewed on 3/23/2015

Our daughter's magnificent wedding at Pleasantdale Chateau was a dream come true. Every detail was anticipated, and the staff has obviously done this many times. We were introduced to this property by Laura Madden. She is a connsumate professional, and guided us to plan the... Read More complete wedding in a time-span of less than seven months. Laura suggesed Menu selections, floral vendors (Debbie's Designs), and the most special band (Russ Bennet of the Hank Lane Orchestra Group). The band had all guests up and dancing immediately, and all night. Lots of tired feet by 1 AM (zzz). Brunch at their conference center (Le Petit Chateau) on Sunday morning was a marvelous and relaxing time to wind down from this whirlwind wedding. We have received numerous accolades (Texts, emails, and phone calls) from friends and families, as though we had done it all. But, in fact, all the credit goes to Laura and her staff. THEY have given us the gift of lifetime memories.

An Amazing Fairytale Wedding!!!

Reviewed on 1/26/2015 Carla M

My husband and I searched for a long time visiting many venues in the tri-state area searching for the perfect wedding reception venue for ourselves and for our guests. We wanted the venue to talk to our love story, we wanted it to make our guests feel at home and we wanted to... Read More have that feeling of awe and excitement as soon as we walked in the doors. The moment we stepped foot inside the Pleasantdale Chateau, we knew that we had found our home for our wedding day. We fell in love immediately and were taken away by the class, the elegance, the grandeur, the décor, the history, the beautiful landscape and backdrop, and the perfection in every detail wall to wall and room to room. The space delighted our senses and captured us in such an indescribable way. We had no idea that a jewel so special existed in this market. More than anything though, what impressed us the most and what sold us immediately was our meeting with Director of Sales, Andrew Kronengold. He is the most genuine, honest and passionate person and treated us so wonderfully from the beginning to the end of our planning journey. We had no doubt that Andrew would make our dream wedding come to life and make everything we imagined a reality. We were so impressed with his attention to every little detail and request that we had. He made us feel comfortable and at ease every step of the way. We put our complete trust in him and he delivered and blew our expectations away. A very big thank you to Andrew and the entire Pleasantdale Chateau team from the bottom of our hearts and from all our families and friends -- endless thank yous for making the fairytale wedding we had dreamed up all these years a perfect dream come true. The outpour of compliments that we are getting about our beautiful cocktail and reception is beyond our comprehension. Your presentation and perfection is world class. Your staff was impeccable and we felt like we were a king and queen for the day and treated so beautifully. The Maitre d' Santiago was unbelievable and kept us on schedule the entire evening and he was such a pleasure to work with. He was patient and professional at all times and had the biggest smile which was infectious. And the bridal attendants were so attentive and a delight the whole day. Last but certainly not least, the food was out of this world, delectable, larger than life in abundance and amazing in every way. Our guests continue to let us know how much they enjoyed and indulged in the beautiful feasts of foods and wonderful desserts. We thank you all again from the bottom of our hearts for the most enchanted winter wedding ever!

Truly a Fairytale!

Reviewed on 1/14/2015 Kristen D

My husband and I absolutely fell in love with the Pleasantdale Chateau the moment we first drove up the tree-lined lane. Every aspect of the venue is breath taking, but the ballroom left us utterly speechless. The staff is absolutely incredible; we worked with Laura, and she... Read More is an angel! Our attendants were wonderful and Santiago attended to our every request during the reception. The food was absolutely delicious and unending! There were so many choices and everything was tasty. The weekend was a dream, and our guests are still talking about their experiences weeks later. We hope to go back again as guests, so we can experience its beauty all over again!

Absolutely the Most Perfect Day of my Life!

Reviewed on 11/20/2014 Lindsay W

Where do I begin....the service that was provided to me at Pleasantdale Chateau was absolutely above and beyond- outstanding! I was very apprehensive when I first started searching from my dream venue for my wedding. My fiance and I live in Chicago, and we were planning for the... Read More wedding to be in New Jersey. My future in-laws did all of the searching for me- they saw at least 20 venues (I lost count!) in the East Coast (CT, NJ, NY). From the moment they walked into Pleasantdale, they knew it was something different. The photos that they sent to me via email did not even do it justice. Since my date was the last one available for 2014, I had to book without seeing it first. For a future bride, that is difficult. A month later, my fiancee and I went to see our wedding venue and were blown away. Laura Madden, our sales manager, wowed us from the second we met her. Being a wedding planner myself, she knew exactly the right things to say. I have never seen a more magical, romantic, beautiful setting for a wedding- it is just undescribable. Fast forward to the planning- Laura responded to my emails (and there were many) immediately. She always calmed me down and had the answer for everything- even when it was something that did not have to do with Pleasantdale. Finally, the day of my wedding....everything was perfect. Santiago, the captain, is outstanding- he knew everything that we needed before we even needed it. He was kind, helpful, and very professional. All of the staff at Pleasantdale were amazing- I even had a bridal attendant that followed me around and waited on my every move. Now, to the food- amazing as well! The cocktail hour is out of this world- I have guests from the wedding that are still raving about it! If you are having your wedding in the New Jersey area- Pleasantdale is the place to go. It is a bit pricey, but certainly worth it. I will remember my wedding day for the rest of my life- that is was exactly how I wanted it- flawless, romantic, over the top, and beautiful! Thank you Laura and the staff at Pleasantdale!

A Dream Come True...

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Jessica H

The Pleasantdale Chateau truly gave us our fairytale wedding! From the moment we drove down the tree lined winding driveway we felt like we were transported to another time and place. Entering the Chateau and making our way through the various different rooms we knew this... Read More unique estate was the perfect place to gather our family and friends and enjoy a night of celebrating our happily ever after. We were lucky enough to have met with Andrew Kronengold who truly treated us like family and took us room to room, step by step, and answered every burning question we could think of. He provided us with some wonderful vendor recommendations and gave his honest opinion when it came to some of the "ideas" I had! On the day of the wedding I finally met our amazing Maître D, Santiago, who I had heard so much about. Santiago truly is one of a kind! He not only saw to every little detail of our evening but his personality and energy are just infectious and my husband and I truly enjoyed the moments we got to spend with him that evening. In addition to Santiago, my bridal attendant, Kristen, was absolutely the kindest and most caring person! She made me feel so comfortable and I felt so at ease knowing that she would help me out with just about anything. The entire staff that night was amazing - everyone we encountered was so helpful and enjoyable to be around. I can't say enough about the food we enjoyed throughout the evening!! It was absolute perfection! So many of our family and friends thought it was crazy that they don't do a tasting prior to our wedding....Please don't let that deter you! You don't need a tasting - the food is OUTSTANDING!! I come from a big Italian family and they would tell me if they didn't like something and I truly had only compliments from everyone!! We chose to have our after party there as well and the food portion of that was also amazing!! We partied until 4am and even then were hesitant to go to bed as we never wanted it to end! The whole night was perfection! I only hope someone I know gets married there so we can relive the one of a kind celebration all over again!!

Beautiful Memory and Professional Crew

Reviewed on 9/27/2014 Zoe Z

I just had my wedding there 9/6/2014. I worked with Laura Madden who has been a HUGE help along the whole planning process. I did not need to hire a wedding planner and our parents are overseas. Laura was able to answer all my questions, give suggestions and answer my emails... Read More right away wether it's 7am in the morning or 11pm at night. She also worked with me on my budget so I can get all the food & drinks I wanted and make the whole process seamless. On the big day, you will get a personal attendant (comes with your package) who helps you with unpacking, packing, dressing and make sure you look perfect all the time. They make sure you get what you wanted at all time so you do not have to worry a thing, even without a wedding planning. My matire d was also super helpful and professional, they know what a bride would ask and work any requests you might have. You get your own suite on the day of your wedding and you get a little break so you get to enjoy the food as well. And lastly, THE FOOD! I kept getting comments that people think this is the best wedding ever!!! Of course, best wedding food!! It comes with an ice sculpture you get to choose, and best selections you could imagine. I promise, it will be a easy process and your guest would never forget about it. Beautiful venue and super exclusive, you truely feel like a princess!! We can not say enough thank you to Laura and her crew. When you work with these guys, you know you are in good hand. You give them your thoughts and stuff, they make it happen. That is how good they are! THANK YOU LAURA!!!

Magical Wedding at the Pleasantdale

Reviewed on 7/28/2014 Marie N

The Pleasantdale is the ULTIMATE wedding venue in every way. I was married there on June 19, 2014 and everybody who came to my wedding is still saying it was the greatest wedding they have ever been to. When my now husband and I started to look at venues, I knew immediately... Read More once I visited the Pleasantdale that was the place I wanted get married at. On our special day, all our expectations were exceeded by Laura Madden and the incredible staff at the Pleasantdale. They made our day magical and memorable. I can't say enough about this venue and the staff there. The food, service, ambiance and attention to detail are second to none! Thank you Laura and everyone at the Pleasantdale for making our wedding magical and a dream come true!

Unpleasantly Surprised

Reviewed on 6/28/2014

For weeks leading up to a wedding I was invited too, friends had told me the Pleasantdale Chateaux could not be beat. While the grounds are simply stunning, I'm not so sure I was too impressed. Guests gathered in the greenhouse and pool lounge for a prewedding cocktail... Read More hour. There was absolutely no air conditioning which was a problem on a hot, sunny Friday. Guests were lead to the ceremony and then to cocktail hour. Cocktail hour was scattered through a main room and a hallway and an outside are. The food was delicious, especially the three cheese pear beggars purse. However, there were hardly enough seats and it was very hard to mingle. To the ballroom we went. The actual decore of the ballroom doesn't match the feel of the outside. We were also annoyed that the specialty cocktails served during cocktail hour were not available any more. All the food after the cocktail hour was a disappointment. The service was also subpar. In fact, one waitress was scolding another waiteess because she was training her. This was not appropriate, especially at the Wedding Party's table. The service rushed through each course. In fact, my breadplate was taken out from under me as I was eating. All in all, it seemed like the staff couldn't wait for 1230 to get us out of there. The afterparty was very impressive. The bar was only open another hour or so but there was more food and the location was nice. Although I would have preferred being outside on such a nice night. We went to the bridal suite after to continue the party and we all found it odd that you walked through the bathroom to the sitting room. Our room at Le Petit Chateaux was lackluster as we didn't have air conditioning. So in my opinion, for $350 a head I believe it's a bit overpriced for the experience.

OMG what a beautiful wedding!

Reviewed on 6/24/2014 Sherry N

My brother and now sister-in-law got married at the Chateau on Sunday. From the moment I arrived I was catered to. I wasn't even part of the bridal party but they gave me a room so I can change my baby and myself. They also gave my husband a desperate room. Two young ladies,... Read More Jaylina and Lesly, were there with me and helped me with whatever I needed. I got married just a year ago at the Setai hotel in Miami, payed top dollar, and never got treatment like this. Throughout the wedding the entire staff was fully on point. They made sure my brother and sister-in-law had no worries at all. This place is so breathtaking too so the outdoor ceremony was stunning and didn't need much added since the scenery was beautiful to begin with. The Manager, Santiago, was constantly asking the whole family and guests if they needed anything and I saw him throughout the whole wedding micro managing (in a good way)so everything was perfect. During dinner I realized I forgot a blanket for my baby and the waiter, Lior, got me sheets from the chateau. Lior seemed like he was my personal waiter with the way he took care of us but he was just that quick and multi-tasked like I've never seen before. Again, just a year ago we spend well over $100k on a 78 person wedding at the Setai Miami and the Pleasandale Chataeu made my wedding look like a joke! From the moment I walked through the doors to getting escorted back to our car I was so impressed with their attention to detail. Thank you to Santiago, Lior, Jaylina, Lesly and the entire staff for making my brother and his wife's day so special!

A Dream Come True!

Reviewed on 6/03/2014 Rebecca L

The Pleasantdale Chateau is a stunning venue. It has beauty, elegance, and a unique authenticity, which makes it a true wedding venue gem. There are a myriad of beautiful rooms and areas which provide many amazing photo opportunities. We got married in February, following a... Read More snowstorm. It's wonderful to have gorgeous photos besides lush green foliage and a pool, even though it was winter. And the outside looked spectacular with the snow. My Pleasantdale sales and catering director, Andrew, was absolutely wonderful to work with. He was always professional, organized, and extremely knowledgeable about the planning process and wedding day details. My bridal attendants the day of the wedding were truly fantastic. The entire staff was extremely accommodating and made for a smooth, enjoyable wedding day. Our wedding guests loved the venue and raved about the amazing food. I felt like a princess in a castle. It was a dream come true! If you want a fairy tale wedding, or a beautifully unique venue, then the Pleasantdale Chateau is for you.

The Wedding of Our Dreams

Reviewed on 2/25/2014 Bianca D

If you are looking for a true fairy tale wedding, your hunt for a wedding venue should begin and end here. Coming from a bride who saw 11 venues up and down New Jersey, every venue had one thing that made that venue unique. At the Pleasantdale EVERYTHING was unique and simply... Read More "wow-ed!" us. We knew we chose a place significantly different than all the rest. The Pleasantdale is a timeless venue that marries being in a castle and your own cosy mansion. The cocktail hour is hosted among the various rooms of the Pleasantdale with more than enough chairs and tables instead of being in an oversized, cramped room with no place to go. The ballroom doesn't look like every other ballroom with harsh uplighting but more romantic with a candlelit feel. The Pleasantdale also offers an after party and morning after breakfast that was just as delicious as the night before. You are able to stumble back to your room as your room is merely steps away from the party. If there is anyone in this business who knows what he's doing it's Andrew Kronengold. From the second he toured us around the property down to the very last hug and handshake the day after our wedding he catered to every email and call with professionalism and promptness and boy does he know his food! His staff treated us like royalty from the moment we stepped off the bus. The infamous Santiago coordinated the entire event flawlessly. My attendant Natasha and her assistant made sure I had EVERYTHING I could possibly need or want every step of the way. The entire staff made me feel like the princess I dreamed of being on my wedding day. You cannot beat that type of service. Our wedding was nearly 3 weeks ago an the rave reviews are still pouring in. They are raving about everything - the food, the venue, the accommodations, absolutely everything. Nobody has ever experienced a wedding like the Pleasantdale provides. It was worth every penny and I wouldn't change a thing. Thank you Pleasantdale for giving us our dream wedding and so much more!

OUTSTANDING!!!!

Reviewed on 11/14/2013 Melissa C

Exceptional, exceptional, exceptional!!! Truly one of the best days of my life from start to finish! To start, Andrew K. was superb! A true pleasure to work with. He really made sure we had an outstanding experience! The entire staff was wonderful! The food was delicious!... Read More I really hope to experience another wedding here and would recommend this venue to anyone!!!!

Pleasantdale Chateau

Reviewed on 10/04/2013 pat c

The PC was magnificent. The grounds are stunning, the food was amazing, the staff was great. I would recommend taking a lot of pictures in the property.

Shaheen and Ken - Chateau September 15th 2013

Reviewed on 10/02/2013 Shaheen C

I would recommend the Pleasantdale Chateau for any event and especially Andrew Kronengold. Andrew is very very professional. From the start when we walked in to view the location to answering all of my emails promplty and in detail. He was wonderful to work with and is perfect... Read More for that job. The staff and service is top notch. You will never find a place in NJ that is as maginificent as the Chateau. It is beautifully maintainted. The food displays were fantastic and they had plenty of servers per guest at the wedding. The minute a guest got up, their napkin was folded, drinks were filled immediately and all diet concerns were attended to. They even assigned an attendant to the bride and groom and food was providced to us in the dressing rooms. We have received so many compliments from our guests who loved the place and the good service. I cant say enough good things about the place, staff, and food.

A magical venue- The Pleasantdale Chateau

Reviewed on 9/30/2013 Orit M

The PC has a reputation to uphold and they do it in style. The food is incredible- my guests are still talking about it and how classy everything is. It's a pricey venue, but worth every penny. We got married on a Thursday which helped. If you want a magical wedding day... Read More with everything taken care of, in the most fantastical setting...this is it!!

Best Venue!!! Made My Wedding A FairyTale!!!

Reviewed on 9/17/2013 Anjuli C

Where do I start? Words probably can't describe how amazing this venue is. Pleasantdale Chateau provided the grounds, catering, service attendants (for both bridal and groom wedding parties), maitre'd, and food service attendants for my wedding in May 2013. Pleasantdale Chateau... Read More was responsible for making my wedding day impeccable, above-and-beyond, and top-notch. The grounds, food, and service provided by Pleasantdale Chateau are each 5 stars. Prior to the wedding, we communicated several times regarding all the details, including food selection, timeline, guest list, vendors selected, supplies (i.e. menus, bathroom amenities basket, guest book, or picture frames), etc. The process was organized and stream-lined and my wedding manager was great to work with. Most importantly, all the details that I selected were executed perfectly on the wedding day. As a detail-oriented person myself, I fully acknowledge the great attention, detail and focus on behalf of the wedding manager. On the day of the wedding, my wedding party, my husband, and I felt like we entered into a dream from the moment we stepped out of our limo onto the grounds. Pleasantdale Chateau, from the regal grounds to the amazing service attendants, takes you into a whole new world from the moment you arrive. Walking through the grounds has a wow factor for you and your guests: it's a magnificent and grand chateau amid a storybook setting! The service attendants stay with each bridal party and groom party and pamper you with your every need, such as providing a glass of water with a straw, help with dress bustling, help getting items from other people or places, holding personal items like lipstick, arranging for food if you say you are hungry, or holding your dress or veil behind you while you walk so that it doesn't get dirty. They are top-notch attendants, which made my day that much more spectacular, enjoyable, and relaxing! The maitre'd was spot-on and a great leader in arranging that all rehearsals for wedding party and vendors were executed correctly and on-time. He also made sure his staff and my vendors appropriately carried out the event perfectly. This was another reason why my day was enjoyable, relaxing, and fun!!! There was no need for me to worry about any detail, which was invaluable on my wedding day. Onward to the food. Oh my!!! As my uncle says, he could write love stories and poems about the food! The selection was abundant endless, and delicious for all the guests. The cocktail hour food included 5 hot passed hors d'oveures, 5 cold passed canapés, fruits/cheeses/veggies display, normandy display with tons of food provided, fondue station, 3 chafing dish options, 2 carving station options, 2 pasta station options, and seafood station (an ice sculpture surrounded by an endless amount of crab legs, jumbo shrimp, and oysters). Everyone just raved about the food. Our service attendants brought us a selection of all the food into our room so we can eat in privacy and it was AMAZING!!!! Onward to the reception. The ballroom is just breathtaking. There are no other words to describe it. It is grand, beautiful, and a perfect ending to a great day. In conclusion, I would highly recommend Pleasantdale Chateau. It is expensive but, on the plus side, its worth the money!

Fit for a Fairytale Wedding

Reviewed on 8/18/2013 Jackie G

I recently had my wedding at the Pleasantdale and it was absolutely incredible. The place looks like an old castle and has BEAUTIFUL grounds! The staff was incredible as well. I worked with Andrew and he could not have been more helpful throughout the entire process. The staff... Read More works extremely well with everyone to make sure that the day goes off without a problem. The food was absolutely incredible! There was SO MUCH FOOD! Perfect wedding venue for brides who want the fairytale ending =)

Phenomenal wedding venue

Reviewed on 6/30/2013 Lisa V

We celebrated our wedding at Pleasantdale Chateau yesterday, and we have already heard nothing but raving compliments from our guests. It was a dream come true. It is certainly the high end of most budgets, but I truly believe it is worth every penny. Laura was like a friend... Read More and responded to any question I had pretty much instantly. She was so helpful when we had to make decisions and when we had requests. Yana and Emily were our attendants for the day and they were fantastic - before I could say I was thirsty there was water and cool towels for us. They were so helpful not just to myself and my husband but to our whole family and bridal party. The food was incredible and all of our guests were treated to the same star treatment we were. Santiago helped us navigate through the schedule of our reception with ease and made sure we got time to eat! We had a guest coming in from out of town who was delayed through dinner, and they even set aside a meal for him so he would be cared for as soon as he arrived. The after party kept everyone fed and comfortable until the wee hours of the morning. Even the tiniest details were treated with importance and we certainly felt like a king and queen for a day. We wish we could get married there every weekend!

Booking the Pleasantdale Chateau

Reviewed on 3/10/2013 Tina R

I am writing this review before my actual wedding because I thought my fellow brides would want to know how amazing the experience of just booking my wedding at the Pleasantdale Chateau was. I booked with Laura and the whole time I felt like she truly wanted to give me... Read More everything I wanted. She was so accomodating and amazing. I feel like the luckiest bride in the world to have her! I booked immediately after viewing the chateau and hearing the menu. When I walked into the ballroom I got that feeling that I was waiting for - that i just KNEW this was where I was going to get married. I have looked at over 20 venues (mostly mansions, estates, castles) and I was beginning to think that "the feeling" was just in the movies. But when I walked into the Pleasantdale Chateau I knew it was for me! There is not one negative thing to say about it... it is abosolutely perfect - from the grounds, to the ballroom, to the amazing botanical garden! So many photo ops my head is spinning!

Beautiful Venue and Supportive Staff

Reviewed on 2/26/2013 Taka A

Couldn't have been happier in my selection of venue. The physical location is a bit off the beaten path but this adds to the ambiance and energy. Our wedding took place during the big snow storm on Feb 8th and everything went off without a hitch. The staff was there early... Read More and the place was ready to go by the time we arrived around noon. The bridal attendants were a cheerful and attentive. My wife was very comfortable throughout the whole process and really enjoyed the bridal suite that they provided complimentary. The rooms were stocked with juice, water, soda, a nice cheese and fruit spread. (yogurt and misc for the ladies and beer for the guys). All in all, we were provided with 3 rooms free of charge: bridal suite, groomsmen prep room, and the a nice suite for my wife and I to stay after the wedding. The maître d (Santiago) was phenomenal. He was able to get everyone in position at various points of the wedding without seeming the least bit pushy. He was extremely patient with our parents and grandparents (whom didn't speak English) which was more than I could have expected. The only downside was the lady manning the front desk after the storm. The guest who were forced to stay over due to the storm had to shovel themselves out because the grounds crew felt that the snow was "too heavy". This prompted by male and female guests to ask for the shovels to start doing their work. Upon seeing this, I requested that the grounds crew assist the guests (yeah...I was thinking wtf as I asked) and I was told that the grounds crew had other tasks to take care of... My jaw hit the floor a bit and out of frustration...I grabbed a shovel and started shoveling like a madman myself. I ruined a nice pair of leather shoes but was able to release my anger into the 2 feet of snow. I took a picture of this fiasco and sent it to Andrew Kronengold (Director of Sales and Catering)...and within 10 min...he was there to the rescue. He not only made me feel better by making a presence but he definitely preserved the 5 star rating that I had anticipated giving the venue during the planning and execution phase. All in all, I understand that the snow storm was a freak of nature and was not something people can expect on a normal basis. I had a great time and the venue and CANNOT WAIT until the Deja Vu event. Also...and this seems like a disservice to be a footnote but...the food they serve at PDC is AMAZING! I am a big foodie and when I was told that food tasting is not offered at PDC, I was about to drive to the next venue. But my spider senses kicked in...and I listened to the other reviews. Boy did I make the right call there. They have their own catering service and versatile they are. There were so many highlights for food that I can event list them all but...the best of the best were (in no particular order) 1. Filet Mignon entree with bearnaise sauce 2. Herb Crusted Rack of lamb at reception carving station 3. Shrimp and Oyster Bar at reception 4. Crepe Station at reception 5. Fig with Fontina in Phylo Dough 6. Chocolate Ganache tart topped with 24k gold 7. Potato and Camembert Cheese Croquettes at reception 8. And on and on and on!!!! Andrew is honest and professional. I could not have asked for a better person to handle all of the logistics. Thank you all from the bottom of our hearts!!!!!

TO Pleasantdale Chateau