Pleasantdale Chateau

West Orange, NJ

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Unforgettable Moments Await in a Storybook Setting

Once through the ivy-covered gatehouse, you are immersed in 40 acres of formal gardens, walking bridges, ponds and meadows. From the Grand Ballroom to the many historic rooms, the exquisite interiors of this historic estate evoke a timeless sophistication that cannot be reproduced elsewhere.

$$$$ – Expensive

Ballroom, Garden, Castle, Estate, Historic Venue, Hotel, Park

Bar + Drinks, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning

Bow2010

757 Eagle Rock Ave, West Orange, NJ (973) 731-5600

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Michelle A

I was fortunate to get married at this exquisite and unique wedding venue just 2 weeks ago. As soon as I went in to see the space, I knew a wedding here would be a fairytale (and be mind blowing to our guests too!). We were so blown away, we decided to do an ALL weekend... Read More wedding event here-rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony and reception and a brunch on Sunday. From Friday-Sunday we were treated like royalty by their staff. Both sets of our parents, my husband, and I all had our own assistant given by the location-I have never seen this type of treatment at a wedding venue, let alone any venue for that matter. The execution of the event was FLAWLESS. The attention to detail was above and beyond, and they even surprised us to make things more special, which we didn't think was possible. Every staff member was out to please us and the delivery was EXCEPTIONAL, more than we could have dreamed of-not ONE mistake, nothing missed, and a staff that were willing to go over the top to have the weekend turn out absolutely PERFECT! We got our fairytale after all. Given it was a weekend FULL of activity and events, we couldn't believe how magical they made this for us and how they didn't miss a thing! We have been receiving phone calls and texts about "the wedding of the year" and how incredible they thought everything went. They too commented on the overall excellence of the staff, service and how Pleasantdale didn't miss a beat! For people to tell us that, we knew this place was one in a million, maybe even one in a billion! The only thing negative is that the weekend had to end, and these people became our family. We would recommend this venue for ANY type of event-they can handle anything! You will be overwhelmed with the amount of positive feedback you get and how special they make you feel. Don't waste your time looking elsewhere, because you won't find it better than this! And I know this because...in addition to being the bride for this weekend, I am also a full time event planner in NYC. I WISH every venue and company were this easy and amazing to work with-they are a DREAM on all accounts. We look forward to hosting another event for our friends and family again at this location. My husband was so pleased, he booked an event at his work in just a few months. WE CAN'T WAIT TO GO BACK!

Reviewed on 11/26/2016 Melissa K

The Pleasantdale Chateau was actually the last venue that we went to look at. We were ready to book another venue but I couldn't do it without taking a look at the pleasantdale and I'm so happy I did! Everything about it screams elegance . From the second we drove up the wooded... Read More path we knew this was the place we were going to get married. We met with Fred who was amazing in giving us a tour and discussing our options. When my husband looked at me and said I need to get married here was when I knew we would not be happy anywhere else. We booked that day and never looked back! All throughout the planning process Fred and Dawn were outstanding, answering every question this anxious bride had with professionalism and kindness. Fred and Santiago were wonderful in helping us pick a custom menu that was vegetarian friendly but still had something for everyone. We were a little weary about not doing a tasting but believe me the food does not disappoint. We are still hearing from out guests how outstanding the food was! The day of the wedding we were running late due to a long church ceremony and summer traffic, to say I was stressed out was an understatement. Santiago, our bridal attendants and the staff did an absolutely wonderful job in helping us get out pictures done, calming me down and making sure we had time to sample cocktail hour in the bridal suite. The entire night was flawless thanks to Santiago, he truly is the gem of the pleasantdale! My parents were so pleased that they had special seats reserved with perfect views of the dance floor, they even felt like royalty! The food was out of this world, the service was over the top amazing and the location can not be beat. If you're looking for a fairytale wedding look no further. This is by far the best wedding venue in New Jersey. We loved it so much we're going back for their yearly de ja vu event in February. Thank you so much to Fred, Santiago, Dawn and the amazing Pleasantdale Chateau staff for all that you did to help us have the most perfect fairytale wedding. It was truly more then I could have dreamed of!

Fairy Tale Wedding

Reviewed on 10/05/2013 Tracie L

Extravagant and memorable...this was a one-of-a-kind wedding in so many ways, but The Pleasantdale organized everything down to the last detail making for a wonderful and stress free day! Thank you!

Reviewed on 11/29/2016

We just celebrated my daughter's wedding at the Chateau on November 19th 2016. It was the most magical night of our lives. everything was perfection from A to Z! Thank you to Fred Fogg and Santiago for making this a dream come true for our children!

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 Allie R

There’s so much that can be said about the Pleasantdale Chateau and why a couple should get married there. But I think all it really takes is going to see it to understand why. Because that’s all it took for us. It was the first place we saw, and it was the only place we needed... Read More to see after that. Fred Fogg took us around to show us the grounds and we fell in love. We thought we wanted to get married in NYC, but after seeing PDC, that thought was completely wiped away. But having now gone through the experience of having our wedding there, that feeling is only further reinforced 100 times over. We’ve never been married before, but we can’t imagine many places, if any, would come close to what we experienced. And not necessarily because of the venue itself, and how tastefully elegant it is, or how stunning the grounds are, or perfectly private it is, but because of the people. The people at PDC are the sole reason to get married there. When we say they treat you like a king and queen for a day, we truly mean it. It was beyond anything we could have imagined it would be, how they were at our beckon call for absolutely anything and everything we needed the entire day. Each of us had our own personal attendant (Camilla, Dominique, Leslie) who were within reaching distance whenever we needed them, and with how hot it was the day we got married, we were so lucky to have them give us water and towels and everything in between while we got ready and took pictures. And that level of service lasted throughout the entire night. But before our wedding day even came, the impeccable service had already begun to take place. Dawn was our main point of contact leading up to the wedding, answering any and all questions we may have had, coordinating all meetings or drop offs, and always doing so extremely quickly, showing us the kind of attention that made us feel like we were in great hands. When things can be hectic in the coming weeks before the big day, she made sure everything went as smooth as possible, so we had nothing to stress about. And then once the big day came, it was Santiago, the maître d, who stole the show. He’s the one who makes everything happen, so you don’t have to worry about a thing. To say that he is absolutely incredible would be a horrible understatement. His attention to detail and awareness of everything that’s going on at all times is insane. He will make sure that your wedding is exactly how you imagined it, and he’ll do it with flare. We will forever thank Fred, Santiago, Camilla, Dominique, Leslie, and the rest of the staff for everything they did for us on the most important day of our lives Beyond the staff, as people who love food, we can tell you that the cocktail hour was fit for a king and queen, at Michelin star quality. Bottomline, if you can get married at the Pleasantdale Chateau, do it. You won’t regret it.

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Ivy L

The Pleasantdale Chateau is beyond amazing! It's beautiful, the staff is friendly & attentive, and the food is plentiful & delicious. Our guests keep raving about the food! I worked with Fred throughout the whole planning process and he was responsive and helpful. Santiago... Read More was my go-to on the day of and he kept everything running smoothly(and made sure my groom and I had a drink in hand). Unfortunately, it was too hot(and risks of storms) to hold the ceremony outside like initially planned, but our guests didn't even realize that the ceremony was in the same room as the reception. I can't compliment this venue enough!! You'll get what you pay for and more!

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Jen

We searched high and low for a venue, going back and forth between this one and park savoy down the road. boy are we glad we went with this venue. Not only is the food out of this world, it was the most beautiful wedding venue we had ever attended (And probably will ever... Read More attend). Our guests are still talking about the food, the band, and the overall atmosphere. Nothing went wrong on our gorgeous summer wedding day. We had the ceremony outside, and it was perfect. Everything was perfect. THANK YOU PLEASANTDALE!!!

Reviewed on 6/21/2016 Rachel R

Where to begin? Pleasantdale Chateau is a wedding venue where dreams are made. From the moment my husband and I stepped foot on the property to view the venue, we fell in love. We had the pleasure of working with the most amazing wedding coordinator, Laura Madden, who helped us... Read More through every step of the process. As we greeted our guests at each table the night of our wedding, everyone remarked that it was EASILY the best wedding they had ever been to, no doubt in large part to the location. Not only was the location amazing, but the food was, as my husband says "dope." We literally had to be asked to sit and eat by our mater'd because we were so full from cocktail hour! This venue is for anyone who truly wants to feel like royalty and have NOT A CARE in the WORLD on their wedding day! Thank you Pleasantdale Staff!

Reviewed on 11/10/2015 Anne H

My husband and I had our wedding reception at the Chateau on October 17th, a daytime affair and the best day of our lives. It goes without saying that the venue is astonishingly beautiful and unique - the Music Room and the Ballroom are breathtaking and the rest of the place is... Read More the stuff of fantastic memories - but it was certainly the staff and the attention that made the venue such a joy for us. Our maitre d' was a wonderful gentleman named Santiago and his direct supervisor was Fred Fogg. We went to them with a vision for our perfect wedding and it was their efforts that made our vision a reality. We were able to work with them personally to customize the menu to suit our needs and the needs of our guests: a lighter cocktail hour and some other options for the main supper. Santiago was able to help us set up a fantastic sparkler exit with all of our family and friends. They even lent a hand directly with the florist and helped us find the best spots for photography that day. During the party, the wait staff and Santiago himself paid the closest attention to everything and nobody was left wanting for anything. When a friend wanted a better bourbon, one of the staff was quick to run to the nearest store and return with the requested vintage. My groom and I had personal attendants on the morning of, helping us find the things we needed and bringing refreshments for us and our wedding party. The food was fantastic, the atmosphere perfect, and the place full of memories for us all, but it was the personal attention to us and our guests that truly made the venue special. The Pleasantdale Chateau was a venue worth every penny and is sure to help make any affair that much better.

Reviewed on 10/01/2015 Lauren R

I got married at Pleasantdale Chateau on August 29, 2015. From the first day we visited the venue and saw the magnificent mansion and gorgeous grounds, we knew that was where we wanted to have our wedding. We had very high expectations about how the wedding would turn out. Well,... Read More the Pleasantdale Chateau far exceeded our expectations in every way possible and we had the most wonderful and memorable experience you could ever imagine. On our first visit we met Laura Madden who is the Senior Catering Sales Manager. She spent time describing the wedding experience there, giving us a detailed tour of the property, and reviewing other pertinent information such as date availability and financial terms. Laura was organized, articulate and very friendly and warm – she was the consummate professional. She was the person who was there every step of the way during the time we planned the wedding. Since there is only one wedding at a time at the Pleasantdale Chateau, we had exclusive use of the mansion for the entire day and evening. On the day of the wedding the bridal party and some family arrived early. Laura and her wonderful staff were there to meet us and stayed the entire day to make sure things went as planned. After a beautiful and picturesque outdoor ceremony our guests were brought back into the Chateau for the reception. The cocktail hour had an abundance of delicious food and drinks and our guests socialized throughout the mansion. The reception and dinner, which was held in their magnificent ballroom, was well run and flowed perfectly. Many of our guests told us that this was the best wedding they ever attended. They absolutely loved the mansion and its grounds. They also loved the food and said the service was exceptional. We are so happy we chose the Pleasantdale Chateau and are truly indebted to Laura and the entire Pleasantdale staff.

Reviewed on 9/27/2015 Amanda R

The Pleasantdale Chateau was an amazing venue to have our wedding in May. Between the service, grounds, and food, everyone said it was the best wedding they had ever been to. We added the after hours option to our night so if people were hungry after dancing we were served all... Read More the essentials (pigs in a blanket, disco fries, pizza bagels, wings, etc.), along with a continuation of the open bar. I was hesitant and a little upset when I found out about their no tasting policy but ALL of the food including our wedding cake was out of this world. My husband and I keep saying we hope we are invited to a wedding their so we can experience it all over again. The staff was incredible and they were willing to do anything and everything to make the day amazing. Most notably, Santiago was always quick to respond during the planning process. On our wedding day, he was there to meet us on our arrival and took care of everything until the night was over. He and everyone else at the Pleasantdale think of everything beforehand to make sure you don't have to. I would absolutely recommend this venue to anyone who can get a date!

Reviewed on 9/08/2015

We celebrated our daughter Lauren’s wedding at the Pleasantdale Chateau on August 29, 2015. From the first day we visited the venue and saw the magnificent mansion and gorgeous grounds, we knew that was where we wanted to have Lauren and John’s wedding and we were so excited... Read More about planning their wedding there. We had very high expectations about how the wedding would turn out. Well, the Pleasantdale Chateau far exceeded our expectations in every way possible and we had the most wonderful and memorable experience you could ever imagine. On our first visit we met Laura Madden who is the Senior Catering Sales Manager. She spent time describing the wedding experience there, giving us a detailed tour of the property, and reviewing other pertinent information such as date availability and financial terms. Laura was organized, articulate and very friendly and warm – she was the consummate professional. She was the person who was there every step of the way during the time we planned the wedding. She helped us with so many of the details including vendor choices and menu selection and was always accessible. She also provided us with a comprehensive checklist and timetable for the items that needed to be completed for the wedding. She was our “wedding planner” extraordinaire. Since there is only one wedding at a time at the Pleasantdale Chateau, we had exclusive use of the mansion for the entire day and evening. On the day of the wedding the bridal party and some family arrived early in the morning. Laura and her wonderful staff were there to meet us and they handled every aspect of the day efficiently and professionally. The bride and the groom had attendants who were with them all the time making sure their every need was taken care of. After bridal party and family pictures were completed in the afternoon, the Maître d, Santiago, organized the rehearsal for our large bridal party and the outdoor ceremony went flawlessly. After a beautiful and picturesque ceremony our guests were brought back into the Chateau for the reception. The cocktail hour had an abundance of delicious food and drinks and our guests socialized throughout the mansion. The reception and dinner, which was held in their magnificent ballroom, was well run and flowed perfectly. It was comforting to know that Laura and her boss, Lars Johnson, the General Manager of the Pleasantdale Chateau, were there the entire time to make sure everything went well. After the reception we had a wonderful after-party in another wing of the mansion. The overnight accommodations were spacious, clean and excellent and the breakfast in the guest house the next day was outstanding. It was truly an extraordinary experience at the Pleasantdale Chateau. Many of our guests told us that this was the best wedding they ever attended. They absolutely loved the mansion and its grounds and said it was beautiful and well maintained. They also loved the food and said the service was exceptional. We are so happy we chose the Pleasantdale Chateau and are truly indebted to Laura and entire Pleasantdale staff for making Lauren and John’s wedding day such a wonderful and memorable one.

Reviewed on 8/23/2015

We got married at pleasantdale on August 8. During our planning period Andrew was replaced by Fred Fogg as the event/catering director. Fred offered us what we had already discuss with Andrew but also presented some of his ideas and new visions. We trusted him with everything he... Read More recommended and he over delivered. Meeting with Fred and Santiago to discuss some of the changes/upgrades we could add to the event was a little nerve wracking, but we gave them the ball and let them run with it. I am so happy and grateful we trusted Fred with his new ideas and visions for the PC. His ideas are novel, fun, and memorable. Fred listens to your ideas and looks for ways to make them happen as opposed to finding reasons why they can't. You could have your wedding ther and attend another and it could feel like two spectacular, albeit, different events. However some things that will remain consistent are the food being EXCELLENT and WAY above "wedding food par" they honestly need their own category it's so good, the service: you will feel like a superstar on the day of your wedding, and the detail-orientated nature of staff will put you at ease because they literally have everything covered before you even think of it. Our maitra'd was Santiago who has been with Pleasantdale for over 10 years. I can't begin to explain how on point he was from start to finish and covered every detail precisely. Santiago's staff of bridal attendants were also amazing Veronica and Leslie were beyond attentive, friendly, and accomodating. I truly felt like this was the best day of my life and and I owe it all to the Pleasantdale Chateau staff. Of course the venue is breathtaking enough the staff actually exceeded our expectations. I know everyone thinks they have the best wedding ever, but if you want to ENSURE that, have it at the Pleasantdale, it is a remarkable place with a one-of-a-kind staff. This will continue to be the PREMIER wedding venue in the Tri-State area. It was a dream come true.

Reviewed on 5/30/2015 Arielle B

All of the excellent reviews are true, Pleasantdale Château was able to deliver the most magical day of our lives! From the moment we got there everything was perfect. Both my groom and I were greeted by our bridal attendants, whom we had the entire day. Veronica, my attendant,... Read More was amazing. She was there for absolutely everything I needed throughout the course of the day. All of our requests were carried out in the utmost professional manner. Santiago, our maître d', made the day stress free and perfect. It looked like it was going to downpour right before our ceremony - When he asked me what I wanted to do, I told him that I wanted to have it outside, and that's all I had to say. He made it happen. We had the most beautiful ceremony outside with just a few raindrops. He is the best! I can't even begin to describe how perfect the rest of the day was because not one detail was overlooked. I could not have asked for a better day. From the staff, to meeting the new director, Fred Fogg, to the delectable food and marvelous cocktails, and splendid grounds, everything was perfect! Thank you!

Feeling like a Princess

Reviewed on 3/23/2015

Our daughter's magnificent wedding at Pleasantdale Chateau was a dream come true. Every detail was anticipated, and the staff has obviously done this many times. We were introduced to this property by Laura Madden. She is a connsumate professional, and guided us to plan the... Read More complete wedding in a time-span of less than seven months. Laura suggesed Menu selections, floral vendors (Debbie's Designs), and the most special band (Russ Bennet of the Hank Lane Orchestra Group). The band had all guests up and dancing immediately, and all night. Lots of tired feet by 1 AM (zzz). Brunch at their conference center (Le Petit Chateau) on Sunday morning was a marvelous and relaxing time to wind down from this whirlwind wedding. We have received numerous accolades (Texts, emails, and phone calls) from friends and families, as though we had done it all. But, in fact, all the credit goes to Laura and her staff. THEY have given us the gift of lifetime memories.

An Amazing Fairytale Wedding!!!

Reviewed on 1/26/2015 Carla M

My husband and I searched for a long time visiting many venues in the tri-state area searching for the perfect wedding reception venue for ourselves and for our guests. We wanted the venue to talk to our love story, we wanted it to make our guests feel at home and we wanted to... Read More have that feeling of awe and excitement as soon as we walked in the doors. The moment we stepped foot inside the Pleasantdale Chateau, we knew that we had found our home for our wedding day. We fell in love immediately and were taken away by the class, the elegance, the grandeur, the décor, the history, the beautiful landscape and backdrop, and the perfection in every detail wall to wall and room to room. The space delighted our senses and captured us in such an indescribable way. We had no idea that a jewel so special existed in this market. More than anything though, what impressed us the most and what sold us immediately was our meeting with Director of Sales, Andrew Kronengold. He is the most genuine, honest and passionate person and treated us so wonderfully from the beginning to the end of our planning journey. We had no doubt that Andrew would make our dream wedding come to life and make everything we imagined a reality. We were so impressed with his attention to every little detail and request that we had. He made us feel comfortable and at ease every step of the way. We put our complete trust in him and he delivered and blew our expectations away. A very big thank you to Andrew and the entire Pleasantdale Chateau team from the bottom of our hearts and from all our families and friends -- endless thank yous for making the fairytale wedding we had dreamed up all these years a perfect dream come true. The outpour of compliments that we are getting about our beautiful cocktail and reception is beyond our comprehension. Your presentation and perfection is world class. Your staff was impeccable and we felt like we were a king and queen for the day and treated so beautifully. The Maitre d' Santiago was unbelievable and kept us on schedule the entire evening and he was such a pleasure to work with. He was patient and professional at all times and had the biggest smile which was infectious. And the bridal attendants were so attentive and a delight the whole day. Last but certainly not least, the food was out of this world, delectable, larger than life in abundance and amazing in every way. Our guests continue to let us know how much they enjoyed and indulged in the beautiful feasts of foods and wonderful desserts. We thank you all again from the bottom of our hearts for the most enchanted winter wedding ever!

Truly a Fairytale!

Reviewed on 1/14/2015 Kristen D

My husband and I absolutely fell in love with the Pleasantdale Chateau the moment we first drove up the tree-lined lane. Every aspect of the venue is breath taking, but the ballroom left us utterly speechless. The staff is absolutely incredible; we worked with Laura, and she... Read More is an angel! Our attendants were wonderful and Santiago attended to our every request during the reception. The food was absolutely delicious and unending! There were so many choices and everything was tasty. The weekend was a dream, and our guests are still talking about their experiences weeks later. We hope to go back again as guests, so we can experience its beauty all over again!

Absolutely the Most Perfect Day of my Life!

Reviewed on 11/20/2014 Lindsay W

Where do I begin....the service that was provided to me at Pleasantdale Chateau was absolutely above and beyond- outstanding! I was very apprehensive when I first started searching from my dream venue for my wedding. My fiance and I live in Chicago, and we were planning for the... Read More wedding to be in New Jersey. My future in-laws did all of the searching for me- they saw at least 20 venues (I lost count!) in the East Coast (CT, NJ, NY). From the moment they walked into Pleasantdale, they knew it was something different. The photos that they sent to me via email did not even do it justice. Since my date was the last one available for 2014, I had to book without seeing it first. For a future bride, that is difficult. A month later, my fiancee and I went to see our wedding venue and were blown away. Laura Madden, our sales manager, wowed us from the second we met her. Being a wedding planner myself, she knew exactly the right things to say. I have never seen a more magical, romantic, beautiful setting for a wedding- it is just undescribable. Fast forward to the planning- Laura responded to my emails (and there were many) immediately. She always calmed me down and had the answer for everything- even when it was something that did not have to do with Pleasantdale. Finally, the day of my wedding....everything was perfect. Santiago, the captain, is outstanding- he knew everything that we needed before we even needed it. He was kind, helpful, and very professional. All of the staff at Pleasantdale were amazing- I even had a bridal attendant that followed me around and waited on my every move. Now, to the food- amazing as well! The cocktail hour is out of this world- I have guests from the wedding that are still raving about it! If you are having your wedding in the New Jersey area- Pleasantdale is the place to go. It is a bit pricey, but certainly worth it. I will remember my wedding day for the rest of my life- that is was exactly how I wanted it- flawless, romantic, over the top, and beautiful! Thank you Laura and the staff at Pleasantdale!

wouldnt recommend

Reviewed on 11/03/2014

The place is gorgeous, YES. The food was mediocre, Wonderful idea to have the whole place to yourself, but the food was honestly horrible. Apparently there was a Venetian table, that NO ONE knew about. No announcement was made. And if you weren't sitting when the food came out,... Read More you simply were skipped. I missed the Salad and cake, all because I wasn't sitting down. Probably wouldn't attend another wedding there, unless I ate before attending.

A Dream Come True...

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Jessica H

The Pleasantdale Chateau truly gave us our fairytale wedding! From the moment we drove down the tree lined winding driveway we felt like we were transported to another time and place. Entering the Chateau and making our way through the various different rooms we knew this... Read More unique estate was the perfect place to gather our family and friends and enjoy a night of celebrating our happily ever after. We were lucky enough to have met with Andrew Kronengold who truly treated us like family and took us room to room, step by step, and answered every burning question we could think of. He provided us with some wonderful vendor recommendations and gave his honest opinion when it came to some of the "ideas" I had! On the day of the wedding I finally met our amazing Maître D, Santiago, who I had heard so much about. Santiago truly is one of a kind! He not only saw to every little detail of our evening but his personality and energy are just infectious and my husband and I truly enjoyed the moments we got to spend with him that evening. In addition to Santiago, my bridal attendant, Kristen, was absolutely the kindest and most caring person! She made me feel so comfortable and I felt so at ease knowing that she would help me out with just about anything. The entire staff that night was amazing - everyone we encountered was so helpful and enjoyable to be around. I can't say enough about the food we enjoyed throughout the evening!! It was absolute perfection! So many of our family and friends thought it was crazy that they don't do a tasting prior to our wedding....Please don't let that deter you! You don't need a tasting - the food is OUTSTANDING!! I come from a big Italian family and they would tell me if they didn't like something and I truly had only compliments from everyone!! We chose to have our after party there as well and the food portion of that was also amazing!! We partied until 4am and even then were hesitant to go to bed as we never wanted it to end! The whole night was perfection! I only hope someone I know gets married there so we can relive the one of a kind celebration all over again!!

Beautiful Memory and Professional Crew

Reviewed on 9/27/2014 Zoe Z

I just had my wedding there 9/6/2014. I worked with Laura Madden who has been a HUGE help along the whole planning process. I did not need to hire a wedding planner and our parents are overseas. Laura was able to answer all my questions, give suggestions and answer my emails... Read More right away wether it's 7am in the morning or 11pm at night. She also worked with me on my budget so I can get all the food & drinks I wanted and make the whole process seamless. On the big day, you will get a personal attendant (comes with your package) who helps you with unpacking, packing, dressing and make sure you look perfect all the time. They make sure you get what you wanted at all time so you do not have to worry a thing, even without a wedding planning. My matire d was also super helpful and professional, they know what a bride would ask and work any requests you might have. You get your own suite on the day of your wedding and you get a little break so you get to enjoy the food as well. And lastly, THE FOOD! I kept getting comments that people think this is the best wedding ever!!! Of course, best wedding food!! It comes with an ice sculpture you get to choose, and best selections you could imagine. I promise, it will be a easy process and your guest would never forget about it. Beautiful venue and super exclusive, you truely feel like a princess!! We can not say enough thank you to Laura and her crew. When you work with these guys, you know you are in good hand. You give them your thoughts and stuff, they make it happen. That is how good they are! THANK YOU LAURA!!!

Magical Wedding at the Pleasantdale

Reviewed on 7/28/2014 Marie N

The Pleasantdale is the ULTIMATE wedding venue in every way. I was married there on June 19, 2014 and everybody who came to my wedding is still saying it was the greatest wedding they have ever been to. When my now husband and I started to look at venues, I knew immediately... Read More once I visited the Pleasantdale that was the place I wanted get married at. On our special day, all our expectations were exceeded by Laura Madden and the incredible staff at the Pleasantdale. They made our day magical and memorable. I can't say enough about this venue and the staff there. The food, service, ambiance and attention to detail are second to none! Thank you Laura and everyone at the Pleasantdale for making our wedding magical and a dream come true!

Unpleasantly Surprised

Reviewed on 6/28/2014

For weeks leading up to a wedding I was invited too, friends had told me the Pleasantdale Chateaux could not be beat. While the grounds are simply stunning, I'm not so sure I was too impressed. Guests gathered in the greenhouse and pool lounge for a prewedding cocktail... Read More hour. There was absolutely no air conditioning which was a problem on a hot, sunny Friday. Guests were lead to the ceremony and then to cocktail hour. Cocktail hour was scattered through a main room and a hallway and an outside are. The food was delicious, especially the three cheese pear beggars purse. However, there were hardly enough seats and it was very hard to mingle. To the ballroom we went. The actual decore of the ballroom doesn't match the feel of the outside. We were also annoyed that the specialty cocktails served during cocktail hour were not available any more. All the food after the cocktail hour was a disappointment. The service was also subpar. In fact, one waitress was scolding another waiteess because she was training her. This was not appropriate, especially at the Wedding Party's table. The service rushed through each course. In fact, my breadplate was taken out from under me as I was eating. All in all, it seemed like the staff couldn't wait for 1230 to get us out of there. The afterparty was very impressive. The bar was only open another hour or so but there was more food and the location was nice. Although I would have preferred being outside on such a nice night. We went to the bridal suite after to continue the party and we all found it odd that you walked through the bathroom to the sitting room. Our room at Le Petit Chateaux was lackluster as we didn't have air conditioning. So in my opinion, for $350 a head I believe it's a bit overpriced for the experience.

OMG what a beautiful wedding!

Reviewed on 6/24/2014 Sherry N

My brother and now sister-in-law got married at the Chateau on Sunday. From the moment I arrived I was catered to. I wasn't even part of the bridal party but they gave me a room so I can change my baby and myself. They also gave my husband a desperate room. Two young ladies,... Read More Jaylina and Lesly, were there with me and helped me with whatever I needed. I got married just a year ago at the Setai hotel in Miami, payed top dollar, and never got treatment like this. Throughout the wedding the entire staff was fully on point. They made sure my brother and sister-in-law had no worries at all. This place is so breathtaking too so the outdoor ceremony was stunning and didn't need much added since the scenery was beautiful to begin with. The Manager, Santiago, was constantly asking the whole family and guests if they needed anything and I saw him throughout the whole wedding micro managing (in a good way)so everything was perfect. During dinner I realized I forgot a blanket for my baby and the waiter, Lior, got me sheets from the chateau. Lior seemed like he was my personal waiter with the way he took care of us but he was just that quick and multi-tasked like I've never seen before. Again, just a year ago we spend well over $100k on a 78 person wedding at the Setai Miami and the Pleasandale Chataeu made my wedding look like a joke! From the moment I walked through the doors to getting escorted back to our car I was so impressed with their attention to detail. Thank you to Santiago, Lior, Jaylina, Lesly and the entire staff for making my brother and his wife's day so special!

A Dream Come True!

Reviewed on 6/03/2014 Rebecca L

The Pleasantdale Chateau is a stunning venue. It has beauty, elegance, and a unique authenticity, which makes it a true wedding venue gem. There are a myriad of beautiful rooms and areas which provide many amazing photo opportunities. We got married in February, following a... Read More snowstorm. It's wonderful to have gorgeous photos besides lush green foliage and a pool, even though it was winter. And the outside looked spectacular with the snow. My Pleasantdale sales and catering director, Andrew, was absolutely wonderful to work with. He was always professional, organized, and extremely knowledgeable about the planning process and wedding day details. My bridal attendants the day of the wedding were truly fantastic. The entire staff was extremely accommodating and made for a smooth, enjoyable wedding day. Our wedding guests loved the venue and raved about the amazing food. I felt like a princess in a castle. It was a dream come true! If you want a fairy tale wedding, or a beautifully unique venue, then the Pleasantdale Chateau is for you.

Start a Conversation!