Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel

Poughkeepsie, NY

Book Your Wedding with Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel

A HOTEL IN POUGHKEEPSIE, NY

If you want a venue that offers a ton of space, several different backdrops for really memorable wedding photos, an elegant feel and the freedom to choose your dates year-round without hassle, then the Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel is a good choice. This large, sophisticated hotel is located in Poughkeepsie, New York, about 90 minutes from New York City. Each location in the hotel has exquisite decor that is appropriate for both traditional white-dress weddings and chic events with a little more swagger.

The Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel ballrooms are large enough to hold a wedding ceremony, cocktail reception, sit-down dinner service and dancing under the same roof. That way guests don't get lost traveling from locale to locale trying to keep up. The hotel offers two main ballrooms which include the use of other rooms for celebrations.

The Regency Ballroom. The larger of the two event spaces, the Regency Ballroom has enough space to fit 300 guests comfortably. Recessed chandeliers adorn the room's ceiling at regular intervals, creating a soft ambiance, while heavy curtains line the ballroom's walls to provide a classic, Old World. Rental of this room also includes the more intimate Starlight Room for your cocktail reception.

The Terrace Ballroom. Although it may be a little smaller—it can hold 200 guests for a seated dinner—the Terrace Ballroom more than makes up for it thanks to having access to an outdoor courtyard filled with greenery. This gives the newlyweds an ideal place to sneak outside for a quick kiss or some time alone in a beautiful setting. Palm Court is included with this package for a cocktail reception.

The Starlight Room. This beautiful room gives guests the chance to mingle around its refined bar, which literally shines thanks to its dark-tile surface. A long mirror covering the back wall makes the room seem even more open and bright and lots of lighting adds a modern feel.

Palm Court. Palm Court's distinctive shape allows for interesting decor layouts. Classic carpeting with stylish motifs cover the floor, while the room's hanging chandeliers add another touch of romance.

The Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel is experienced working with large gatherings of any type. The staff is committed to providing the high level of service couples demand on their most important day. Hotel employees welcome LGBT weddings as well.

The venue offers couples the choice of a number of different wedding packages, depending on whether you're looking for a seated dinner, cocktail reception or something altogether different. Wedding packages are available in four different tiers and although they vary in price, each includes the same high level of service.

The menus are varied and provide for a lot of different tastes, so it's easy to find a menu layout that that works. There are even special stations that serve sushi, grilled foods and more for an extra cost. Couples need to inform the hotel of their menu and linen choices at least six weeks in advance so they can have everything ready.

The Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel is a full service wedding venue, taking care of nearly everything except for the wedding photographer and DJ—although they can offer recommendations for these as well. Each couple is assigned a dedicated wedding planner to help guide them through the process, including custom designing their wedding cake, which is included in the standard wedding package.

All wedding packages also include champagne and a signature cocktail of your choice, floor-length linens, chair covers and cloth napkins in your choice of color and personalized menu cards. LED accent lighting is also available to add to the ambiance, while couples can also choose to include an ice sculpture or custom martinis for an additional fee.

All this means that the wedding day is pristine and refined—the venue even provides a private butler to serve cocktails to the bride and groom. The ballrooms are spacious, so guests are comfortable and the decor really has a chance to shine. There are also numerous fabulous backdrops for wedding photos set against the textured ivory wallpaper and white wood moldings, a verdant outdoor landscape, reflective mirrors with dark tile and even street-oriented spaces for more informal shots.

Adding a further level of luxury to the experience, the newlywed couple is given a beautiful, two-room Jacuzzi suite to enjoy on their wedding night. Five guest rooms are also provided to allow the wedding party to sleep onsite after the reception, while additional rooms are also available at discounted rates for any out-of-town guests.

Due to its proximity to New York City, the Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel makes it easy for friends or family living there to attend the wedding without complications. Think of it as a way to enjoy big city style without a huge headache. Afterwards, newlyweds can pop off to the Big Apple to take in a Broadway show or just snap more pictures in a world-class environment.

The level of class and service offered at the Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel makes it a great choice for couples looking for a truly upscale wedding experience. Soon-to-be-weds are provided with top notch planning services and nearly all necessary services and amenities are included with each wedding package. To make your experience that extra bit special, you'll also be given all of the following bonuses:

• Personal maître d'
  • Private wedding party reception suite
  • Custom fresh floral centerpieces

A Grand new experience

Make your wedding an affair to remember at The Grand Hotel. We have recently undergone a multi-million dollar renovation and revealed a brand new look! We offer a number of packages that will help you create the event of your dreams within a realistic budget.

Hotel

Bow2007

40 Civic Center Plaza, Poughkeepsie, NY (845) 485-5300

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Elizabeth M

Gina my wedding planner and her assistant were fantastic everyone world so hard and our wedding day was perfect.

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Matthew B

The Poughkeepsie Grand could not have been a better place to get married. From the time we started looking until the day after the wedding, we were extremely satisfied. All of the staff was so accommodating and helped our wedding run smoothly. The staff waited on the bridal... Read More party and made sure they were always happy. Our family and friends were blown away by cocktail hour and thought that was dinner! The food was excellent! Our guests raved about the whole wedding weekend. We really could not say anything bad about the whole weekend - staff, rooms, reception, food all top notch and amazing pricing! We highly recommend The Poughkeepsie Grand to everyone!

Reviewed on 6/24/2017 Jessica M

We loved the POK Grand as our venue! The price, everything included and the service was impeccable!! We had such an amazing day/night. Michelle was there for any questions we had. Our duo for the night was Cheo and Jenna and they went above and beyond!!!!! We LOVE them and... Read More everything they did for us that night! Jenna was always around if we needed something and Cheo was so professional and helpful. Everyone is still raving about the great time they had and how good the food was! Even people that are picky eaters were very satisfied. I wish we could do it again because we had the best time. The rooftop ceremony was perfect. It gets a little warm up there and the sun is a bit in the guests eyes at 5:30pm on a Saturday in June but it was a quick ceremony and everyone thought it was BEAUTIFUL!! We could not be happier with our day. Thank you to everyone at the Grand!!!

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 James C

Got married at Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel on May 6th 2017. Let me first start out by saying that this venue is run like a well oiled machine under the direction of the General Manager ,Maureen . Our wedding coordinator was Gina . From the day we met Gina , till the day of our... Read More event , she was AMAZING ! No matter how many questions(and believe me there were hundreds ) , how many special requests or changes , Gina made it happen with a smile. We had our rehearsal and dinner the night before our wedding . Gina was there to orchestrate the rehearsal and set us up for dinner in the hotel lobby. The day of the wedding , our ceremony and reception sites were set up perfectly by Gina and her staff. We had an 11am ceremony and Gina and Ryan our Maitre D were there with us at 7am to give us access to every suite available to us for photos and pre-wedding assembly. We were married on the gorgeous 4th floor rooftop but had a bit of a scare. It was raining up until an hour before the ceremony...but Gina never panicked or told us we had to move the ceremony inside ...to the contrary as soon as the rain stopped they had the 4th floor setup quickly as if there had been no interference at all . Right before the reception started , Gina and Ryan walked us into the main ballroom to make sure we approved . We were also met by the GM Maureen who congratulated us !! Our party was amazing , Ryan made sure the food was hot the drinks were cold and the party flowed smoothly between the hotel and our DJ. Ryan , Gina and Maureen remained onsite the whole time , AMAZING !! Our head server , Stephanie was tireless all day and worked with a smile to get us everything we possibly needed !! The other wait staff received rave reviews from our guests. At the end of our event we partied in the lobby bar and the wait staff and bartenders were phenomenal. Front desk staff was always accommodating to us and our guests (special shoutout to TJ for being super accommodating !) At the very end of our event , Gina , Ryan and Stephanie escorted us to our honeymoon suite ....carrying all our gifts for us , extra wedding cake and tons of food for us to snack on !!! Our wedding turned out exactly the way we wanted it to . When I say nothing went wrong and we were in heaven all day , I MEAN IT !!! If you want a fantastic venue where you get it all , great staff , great food and service , onsite hotel and tons of little extras for your money this is the place. We looked at 7 venues and as soon as we walked into the Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel they literally had us at hello .... we immediately fell in love with the ambiance and staff . You can never put a price on a good time and I am so glad we didn't!! Thanks to everyone!, James and Sophia

Reviewed on 5/07/2017 Alison T

The Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel provided a wonderful experience for our guests and us during our wedding weekend. The rooms were clean and well maintained. The staff was accommodating and pleasant to work with. The Club Room on the top floor is a beautiful venue for bridal... Read More parties to get ready prior to the wedding. It was spacious and very comfortable for the bridesmaids, moms, and stylists. The meals we ordered and had delivered to the Club Room on the morning of the wedding were delicious. Since our wedding was at the Grandview, it was an incredibly convenient location for our out-of-town guests. Transportation could not have been easier, and our guests raved about the trolley that took them to and from the Grandview. There was even transportation made available to our rehearsal dinner on the night before our wedding. Overall, our experience at the Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel was fantastic, and we would recommend this hotel to anyone getting married in the Poughkeepsie area!

Reviewed on 4/13/2017 Ifigenia C

Let me just say Gina is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. The staff was so attentive and felt like they really do care about making your special. And talk about damage control. Most people on their wedding day get nervous about things you can't control. But Gina and the staff were so amazing... Read More at making sure things went smoothly (a few days before our wedding Donald Trump announced he was holding a presidential rally next door to the hotel). You'd think that your day would be ruined- but with the professionalism and the confidence this team showed us (who knows it could've all been a front for me) but they made the day flawless. If I had to do it again, knowing there'd be a rally next door I would. Thank you all for making our day amazing and thank you Gina for making sure I was a happy bride.

Reviewed on 4/12/2017 Lindsey B

Everyone at the Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel was so easy to work with. Gina is AMAZING! She literally made my dream come true. The staff the night of our wedding were so unbelievable! They treated me like a princess. They made sure I ate, and that I always had a drink in my hand! I... Read More would totally reccommend this venue if you are looking for a beautiful ballroom and want your reception perfect!

Reviewed on 12/18/2016 Cassidy P

Our wedding at the Poughkeepsie Grand was wonderful. We got married there last week and I've been hearing non stop how much fun all of our guests had and how good the food was. Because we had everything on site it was easy for our guests to relax and let loose. After the... Read More reception everyone naturally made their way over the the hotel lobby bar/grill and the party continued until the early am. I'm originally from the Hudson Valley and I was proud to have my wedding here. Michelle was our primary contact and we worked closely with her to set-up the wedding. She was wonderful and I can't speak highly enough as she was so accommodating throughout the process. We had the royal package which had so many food options it was hard to choose. I had been nervous about the food since the prices seemed too low compared to other venues, but it was really great. Overall I highly recommend this venue if you are looking for tremendous value and a way for your guest to enjoy themselves in an elegant setting. They really know how to throw a party.

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Jennifer C

5 stars not even enough As the bride I felt like a Queen I would recommend them to everyone I LOVED EVERYONE from my server to the bartender Thank You Food, drinks and the people were wonderful Thank,you

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Michelle M

If I could give more stars I would. To start, Michelle Niesen (our coordinator through the Grand) was beyond amazing and helpful. She always answered all my questions regardless of importance. Then on the wedding day the staff was PHENOMENAL! I cannot stress how amazing they all... Read More were, my guests have been raving non stop about the food (both quality and quantity), the friendly staff and the accommodations). I would recommend this facility in a heartbeat.

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Victoria C

I can not say enough about the Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel. They went above and beyond to make our wedding day run so smooth! From the moment I walked in to speak with Breanna Dorn I knew that this place was going to be fantastic. She kept me updated and on top of things! The food... Read More was amazing, the staff were so helpful, the rooms were gorgeous, and the alcohol kept flowing! I totally recommend this place to bride-to-be's!!!!!

Reviewed on 5/21/2016 Christie F

The Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel was THE BEST venue for my wedding. From our very first meeting with Wedding Planner Michele, we knew this place would be able to make our day special. Michele was there to walk us through the entire venue planning process. She was very responsive to... Read More all of our questions and was a joy to work with. The ballrooms are beautiful, up lighting and chandeliers looked spectacular in my wedding photos! My guests could not stop raving about the food, both the cocktail hour and dinner plates were beautifully put together and tasted amazing. The venue is a hotel so my guests did not have to travel after the wedding, everything you need is right onsite which was so convenient. The bridal suite on the first floor was PERFECT for hair and makeup with the bridal party. We had 15 or more people in there at one time, getting ready comfortably. We also were able to put the groom and his guys in another suite upstairs for them to get ready, which was newly renovated and had a gorgeous view overlooking the water and bridge! Overall the staff at The Poughkeepsie Grand were accommodating, friendly and professional. All of my interactions with the staff were pleasant, from the front desk to my head waitress at the wedding. Thank you to all of the staff members for helping my husband and I celebrate....you made our night!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Amy V

The Poughkeepsie Grand was amazing from start to finish. We had the pleasure of dealing with Gina. She was always so quick to answer any and all of my questions!! She truly made sure our day was perfect! We will be forever grateful!! Everyone treated us and our guests like... Read More royalty!! Thank you so much 😊 We highly recommend The Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel for your special day! You will not be disappointed!!!

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 MARIA M

Cant say enough good things about this venue!! Me and my husband got married on September 18, 2015. This place literally blew our minds and exceeded every expectations. The venue was beautiful, the staff was extremely courteous and waited on me and my groom hand and foot. We... Read More didnt even have to make our own plate they took us first to every station and made us our plates while we danced and spoke with family and friends, My younger nephews who have sever allergies and couldnt eat most of the food they were kind enough to go in the kicthen and make them completely separate meals to accommodate. They were just genuinely nice people. Michelle was our go to and she was jsut awesome, very organized helped with everything even last minuet changes i had that day!! The bridal suite was gorgeous! Me and my girls got ready in there and the guys got ready at the bridal party suite. Everyone has not stopped raving about our wedding, but especially because of how awesome this venue was! The price is great you get sooo much for what your paying and the food was delicious. (though I barely got to eat :( I was told by everyone how yummy it was!!) Their packages offer you so much! We went with a stations package which was buffet and let me tell you the amount of food we had was crazy! the desert was delicious they offer free breakfast in the am for the guests that stay at the hotel which was fun the next morning waking up and seeing everyone. They just really made my wedding amazing me and my husband keep saying that we wish we could go back and do it all over again! Our families have suggested us just going back up there and having a party and staying the night that is how much we loved this venue!

Perfect Location

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Kristen B

Our bridal suite was included for free with our venue booking at The Grandview down the road. The suite was GORGEOUS and so big! For the hotel block, they start you out with 10 rooms, then you can add more once those are used up. In our package, we also received 5 free guest... Read More rooms which was perfect for people traveling from out of state that spent so much just to be there already. It was so easy to book and to check on who else had booked into your block throughout the entire process.

Reviewed on 10/01/2015 Samantha m

Great food. Very helpful. resonable pricing! Super good custumer service. i would do it all over again.

Great for the Bridal Party and honeymoon Suite

Reviewed on 8/17/2015 Annette M

It was great to have the bridal party all in one place. A little disappointed that their hotel bar wasn't open late every night, but instead we all just celebrated more in our rooms. The hotel staff was very accommodating and everyone liked their rooms. Pros: Free parking,... Read More wifi, hot breakfast, passed out Welcome bags (they don't allow personalized per guest, but they do allow for wedding bags they can hand out to anyone who used our Wedding code), convenient to the reception venue, at The Grandview (free trolley service to and from The Grandview to The Grand hotel, throughout the night of the wedding). Only Con: The room rate code only worked half the time, so keep an eye on that! (If that happens, guests can call in and they always were great about updating the price for our guests so they didn't have to pay more). Overall, I would recommend!!

Reviewed on 7/06/2015 Jennifer S

rom day 1 i was excited to have my wedding at the Poughkeepsie Grand. Michelle was great to work with and she was so accommodating to any request I made and responded to every question or concern I had in a timely manner. On the day of my wedding they decorated the ceremony... Read More space, the cocktail hour space and the reception area perfectly to what I had envisioned! My wedding day ran so smoothly thanks to the great staff at the Grand! Who could forget to mention the food???? OMG there was so much and every thing I ate was delicious, and every guest I asked said the food was marvelous! Would I recommend this place to a friend YES I would.... The package we chose was perfect for our budget and included so many extras that you would have to pay extra for at other locations! Great place oh and if you do stay the night the room is grand, and breakfast the next morning was abundant and very tasty! 5 star service!!!!

Reviewed on 6/21/2015

My husband and I got married on August 8,2014 and we had our ceremony and reception take place at the Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel. We decided to pick this venue because most of our guests were coming from out of town. We can not say enough great things about them. Tara helped us... Read More plan our day and she was always available to answer any of our questions throughout the whole planning process. From the moment our big day began, all of the staff at the hotel made us feel like royalty. We picked the biggest package and our guests truly enjoyed every bit of it. The food was great and seemed never ending. To this day people talk about how amazing our wedding day was.

AMAZING!

Reviewed on 5/29/2015 Danielle S

On May 23, my husband & I had our wedding reception at The Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel. From the second we got off the party bus, we were greeted at the door and waited on from start to finish. Our head waitress went out of her way to make sure our glasses were always filled and... Read More we were comfortable; she even went as far as to get my husband a tide to go pen because he got food on his tux! (THANK YOU SARAH) Our food was absolute amazing, our set up was just what we asked for and Michelle was such a great help! Aside from the reception, the hotel was a great convenience and was very appreciated by all of our guests. Our reception ended at midnight and we were at the bar until 2! Such WONDERFUL night with many thanks to the catering and events team!

Perfect

Reviewed on 1/31/2015 Lisa Z

The Poughkeepsie Grand did an amazing job!! All of our guests loved the food and drink no one went hungry or thirsty (we had the diamond package). The staff was attentive to our needs all day long, Laura who was our server was simply amazing we never had an empty glass or a... Read More dirty dish in our hands. We had decided on this venue because all of our guests were from out of town and they had the best value. The bridal suite was perfect and was just redecorated.

BEST Day Ever!!

Reviewed on 11/03/2014 Kaitlyn R

We got married at the Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel on Saturday, July 19, 2014. We could not have picked a better venue!! Our great experience began with our wedding coordinator, Tara, who was fabulous. She walked us through the details without any headaches or stress. We easily... Read More planned all of the details together and she was available to answer any questions we had. One of the best parts was being able to give our final head count before midnight the night before - we e-mailed her at 11:30pm and she took care of it! The day of was absolutely fabulous. When our limo pulled up we were greeted outside and brought to the bridal suite. From there, we were taken care of the entire night. Not only were my husband and I were treated like royalty, but so were our parents and our entire bridal party. The servers were fantastic and made sure we had everything we needed at all times. The food was delicious, as were the drinks. Every staff member was beyond accommodating and they made our day flawless, from the time we arrived, to cocktail hour, all the way to the end of the reception. The room was set up beautifully, and the green uplighting added a perfect glow to our packed dance floor. At the end of the night, our attendants brought us and our gifts up to our beautiful honeymoon suite and made sure we had everything we needed. We ended our night at the Market Street Grill where our guests were able to continue the party. All of our family and friends could not stop talking about the great service, food, and comfort of the rooms the next day at the hot brunch. We could not have asked for a more perfect day. I highly recommend the Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel as a wedding venue! They did an amazing job of hosting our gorgeous wedding!! -Kaitlyn

Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Heather H

At the Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel they made all my dreams come true! From the morning of till the end I didn't have to worry about a single thing! The food was amazing and the presentation was to die for! The maidrede was at your service and checking on you so often I felt like... Read More royalty! Never once was my drink empty, nor did I have to ask for a thing! From the minute I lined up to walk to the alter they were right by my side with step by step direction. Never once was i nervous! Plus the bar in location was a great after party!

Fantastic and Affordable

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Veronica S

My husband and I truly had a wonderful experience with our wedding. They were affordable and worked well to meet our needs and expectations. We highly recommend them for future weddings.

I've never Seen Perfection before Our Wedding Until that day!!!!

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Sherise F

From the first view online to my final good bye was an excellent experience. Three months later and we are still hearing that this was the best wedding that people have been too. The service from the first feasible deposit to the final payment was very manageable and we were... Read More very pleased with the outcome. The staff was very hospitable to us, my family, and our guest. We stayed the night before the ceremony, and the sleeping accommodations, breakfast the wedding day, changing room, conference room for make-up, was AMAZING!!!!! My wedding day was perfect. The maître D and the hostess were on point with EVERYTHING. The ceremony, the cocktail hour, the reception, and the suite for the honeymoon were perfect. I could not have asked for a more suitable location, a perfect wedding, and a gracious staff. This was a very special moment for us. The wedding party and family really enjoyed how beautiful things turned out for the amount of money that was requested. Everyone went above and beyond to make sure that our day was really our day. The vendors were accommodated fully, the bar was stocked, and the food was the best food at a wedding that I ever tasted. We had a few couples that were/are getting married this year and wish they knew about this place prior to booking their location. I will recommend this location, not only for a wedding but for golden anniversaries, birthday parties, and even family reunions. I could not have found a better location for the price and all that came with it. Our wedding was by far a blessed and special day. We truly appreciate what the Poughkeepsie Grand staff, hostess and managers have done for us.