Portland's Best Wedding Photographer

Founded in 1996, Powers documents only weddings regularly traveling worldwide for our clients. Remember, your wedding images will be family heirlooms that you hand to your grand kids... they will probably be one of the most important items in your entire home.

Trash The Dress

Digital Files

825 NW Glisan St, Portland, OR (503) 478-0997

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Carmel D

One of the best decisions of our wedding was choosing Powers Photography, hands down. Just the first inquiry with Natalia, to taking a quiz to find out what photographer would best match with us, to being given the gift of Seppi Ramos our photographer, we couldn't be happier!... Read More Seppi was SO fun and easy to work with and he made our day really special and personable. Seppi spoke with us often leading up to the wedding day to get shot lists from us, talk about details of timeline, and everything we were hoping for. This type of communication is exactly what we needed to make wedding planning easy! My husband and I are kind of dorky and awkward around a camera, but Seppi eased us into poses and prompted us to just have fun! We would highly recommend everyone to Powers and Seppi and our family will now be using Powers for years and events to come! We are blown away by our wedding photos and would choose Powers over and over again. Everything turned out better than we could've dreamed. Thank you so much Powers, especially to Seppi!

Top Notch

Reviewed on 4/10/2013 Heather K

Knowing that I wanted my wedding photos to stand the test of time and provide amazing shots that would make me relive our special day was very important to me. I am so thankful that we chose one of Portland's best, Powers!!! We worked with Erin to negotiate a package... Read More appropriate for our budget. Since we had a winter (Mar), weekday (Thurs) wedding, they were able to honor a considerable discount. Erin patiently guided us through the process of viewing several photo sets to determine what style, and ultimately, what photographer, would suit us best. Mike, our photographer, was extremely easy to work with. We met up to go over details prior to the wedding, and discussed what we were looking for in our final product. He asked questions that were thought provoking, but we could tell, it enabled him to get a better read on us and our comfort level with different aspects of shooting. On our wedding day, Mike arrived on time and collaborated seamlessly with Moving Pictures Weddings. Although our start time was running a bit behind, due to girl's getting ready, Mike was patient and said he would let us know when we were ok, or needed to get a move on. And he did, politely so...girl's we need to get going, or we are going to miss... After the ceremony, he took the bridal party and family out around the venue and found awesome spots to set us up. He was clear with his direction and made everyone feel completely comfortable. We have already seen a sneak peek of photos on our blog, and are sooooo excited to see the rest of our beautiful photos. Many Thanks for being a part of our special day and being so wonderful to work with!

Incomparable photographer!!

Reviewed on 4/03/2013 Wendi L

From your first interaction it's obvious this isn't a typical photo studio. They take the time to assess every preference: photo style, review other shoots and pick the ones you like. With that they match you to a photographer that suits you and will get to look you want. And... Read More it works!! Sara was amazing and the photos are beautiful. She didn't even skip a beat when we had to change our engagement shoot location 10 minutes in. I didn't know I could look that good in photos (always an issue for me)! She was invisible on the wedding day and yet the photos look like she's in the middle of everything. The studio staff works hard to get things right and to find ways to work with you. When some edits weren't just what we wanted they went back and redid them. This is a great photography studio!!!

Reviewed on 9/24/2017 Beth G

Powers Studios is FANTASTIC!! Our photographer, Lindsay was so laid back yet organized and so helpful. She kept everyone together on the 104 degree day and kept us laughing and on our game all day. Great experience overall.

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Rachel P

It is such a hard decision picking a photographer for the biggest day of your life, and Laurel exceeded our expectations! She not only took AMAZING photos, she was so great to hang out with all day, such a sweet person and so talented. She went above and beyond for me, every... Read More time she would go get my bouquet from the vase it would be dripping water and she would dab it on her own pants so that I wouldn't get wet. If I could, I would rate them a 10. I got my pictures back in 30 days, there were over 1,000 to look at which was way too fun, there were so many that I loved that I honestly don't have a favorite. Thank you again Laurel!

Reviewed on 9/12/2017 Thi T

Powers Photography is amazing. They are very professional and are very tentative to our needs. We couldn't have picked anyone better, we are so thrilled and excited to see our photos.

Reviewed on 9/08/2017 Katrina C

Powers Studios was a great choice for us. Working in the Portland wedding industry, I was familiar with their work and reputation. One con I would say is their system of matching photographers based on a survey - just not quite the same experience as meeting your photographer in... Read More person when you're booking, as opposed to at a later time. That being said, we were matched with Zach Holden who was AMAZING. The pictures turned out gorgeous, and we felt that the second photographer was worth the extra cash as well (we had a big bridal party, so she took the groomsmen/women and he took the bridesmaids - she also took a lot of shots of the cocktail hour, detail shots of the reception, and our guests while he was doing family photos). My husband and I aren't especially comfortable in front of the camera, but he made us feel really comfortable and told us (nicely) what to do so that the photos turned out wonderfully. He even pulled a bobby pin out of his camera bag during family photos for my younger sister! Overall, we were very happy with our experience during the wedding, as well as the finished photos.

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Amy K

Seppi was amazing! I can't say enough about his professionalism, ability to keep us laughing, and the nautical gift he has at photography. I will definitely be recommending Powers Photography's services to all my friends and family.

Reviewed on 9/04/2017 Stacia D

We chose Powers Studios for our wedding photographer and we love our pictures! Cambrae was lots of fun and took beautiful pictures!

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Rachel R

I really liked that Powers Studios took the stress out of finding a wedding photographer by having us complete a survey about what style of photographer we were looking for, then assigning us one. I was apprehensive at first to put that much trust in a survey, but they really... Read More did a great job at matching us with a photographer whose style was exactly what we wanted. Our photographer was Laurel and she was amazing at working with us to get the creative and interesting shots we wanted of our wedding. My husband and I both feel a bit awkward in front of the camera, but she did a great job of giving us direction on how to pose and really made us feel more comfortable.

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 Daniel G

Cambrae was a wonderful point person and photographer. Her style was perfect for us. She was a great help on our big day and truly great with kids. Would highly recommend her to anyone.

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Rebekah P

Powers Photography is unbeaten in terms of the quality and the professionalism of their service. We loved that they took an active part in shaping our schedule for the day based on best practices. We also loved the online survey they had us take to learn about our style and... Read More photography preferences! We were assigned a photographer based on our wants and needs and knew we were getting exactly what we hoped for with Peter. He was, of course, with us nearly the entire day and was always smiling and capturing important moments for us without ever being intrusive. I don't know how he did it! We received our photos in a timely manner after the wedding and are so pleased with how they turned out! They have been so fun to show off! We know our photos perfectly documented each part of our favorite day and will last a lifetime. Sidenote: Powers was kind enough to gift my mother and I with tickets to the Bridal Unveiled event in Portland, which was incredible. In their raffle, we were very lucky and I won a gift certificate to Charlotte's Weddings! I was able to find my accessories and veil there because of Powers' invitation! Small gestures like that made a big impact on our wedding day!

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 Emily C

We worked with Zach at Powers Photography for our wedding and he truly went above and beyond! We had two pre-wedding meetings with him and he was so accommodating at both, facetiming my husband at the first so he could be included while he was away at Army training in Oklahoma... Read More and meeting with us late in the day at the second to work around our work schedules. On the day of our wedding he was so helpful, assisting our wedding party with the boutonnieres and even helping with my bustle when my bridesmaids were having a hard time. He made everyone feel comfortable and managed to gather my husband's and my large families (which is not easy to do) to get full family shots. The photos turned out wonderful and he did such a fantastic job capturing all of the important moments of our day as well as behind the scenes shots. We are so happy with Zach and our wedding photos!

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 Jing C

Powers Photography was the first vendor we booked after our venue. At the initial meeting they explained their process for matching us with their photographers, which included a survey where our style preferences were taken into consideration. We had many questions and they were... Read More answered clearly. The price was a lot to us up front, but we knew we wanted to invest in the best pictures for our wedding day. We matched with our photographer Bitna, who took our engagement and wedding photos (a 2-day celebration). They turned out amazing despite it being a hot weekend for June. She went the extra mile for our 300+ guests, and she traveled to multiple locations to catch me getting ready, at both our parents' houses for the traditional tea ceremony, and the venue. Powers also gives you a copyright release so you can choose to print your photos yourself or share with others. Our questions were promptly answered and we never felt pressured to add additional services or buy extra packages we didn't need. We loved working with them and would highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 7/23/2017 Kendra B

Our photographer Peter went above and beyond! He came out to Timberline Lodge the night before our wedding and took photos of the gorgeous sunset that erupted and later some shots under the stars since the clouds cleared. He didn't have to do any of that! We had only hired him... Read More to shoot our brunch wedding the day after. I never could have dreamed that we would have gotten such gorgeous photos! He was so good with our family, friends, and was super adventurous about setting up amazing shots! We couldn't have been more impressed!

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Lillie Mae S

Powers was great to work with! We went with them after a first consultation, where we felt very comfortable. We then went through a bunch of photos and filled out the survey they provided, and they assigned us a photographer. We really liked Lindsay! She was wonderful to work... Read More with! Everyone responded fairly quickly to our emails, and when I asked for additional hours and a second photographer, they were able to add this to our package, including keeping the discount we got for our venue! We adored our second photographer as well! They were so great, helping us day of get the photos we wanted, and helping deal with our families. I would highly recommend working with Powers!

2017-07-18T17:25:05 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the amazing, review! We are so happy you loved working with us! Congrats again!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Sarah L

The entire Powers team was amazing to work with every step of the way! From Natalia who got us started and helped us figure out what we needed and the best package to fit our needs, to Seppi who was always an email away to ask questions and was always fast and professional with... Read More your responses! To Zach Holden, he was incredible! He knew what I was thinking before I did, was always there at the right time to capture the perfect moments with all the special people in our lives. He was laid back and kind and kept me calm. Zach worked with our Coordinator, DJ, family members to make sure we stayed on timeline, we had the pictures we wanted taken and kept us sane! Any one who is on the fence about investing in a photographer pick Powers. Your day will fly by so fast, and 50 years from know i'll look back and know that I made the right decision to put my wedding memories in the hands of professionals. You won't regret it! With any professional photo there are a handful that you love off the bat, but with Powers you will LOVE every one! Thank you so much for all that you did!

2017-07-18T17:26:18 Response from the vendor

Wow! Thank you so much for the kind review! We are so happy you loved working with Zach and the studio as whole! Please see us soon if there are any updates to the family - new puppy or new house? We would love to... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Mattie R

Powers studio has been wonderful to work with. Friendly, flexible and knowledgeable. Our photographer Tom could not have been more fun to work with! He met with me a couple times before the wedding, he was so helpful in creating our photo timeline and integrating his talent,... Read More ideas and knowledge to get the photos we will cherish forever. I enjoyed working with him and the studio and look forward to using them for future events. I have nothing but good things to say about the entire process and interaction! Thank you Tom and Powers Studio for partaking and helping to make our wedding day amazing!

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Khristeen K

From asking a question and setting up an appointment and to meeting Natalia, Powers Photography was AWESOME! From full detail of how things work and how they pick the right photographer it was great. Seppi was our photographer for our wedding and he was AMAZING! He took control... Read More when needed and good with kids. Was ok with not doing first look and was able to work things out. Very organized and good at calming my husband. Very happy we chose Powers Photography for our wedding. Highly recommend them! Thank you!

Reviewed on 3/09/2017 Scotty C

Powers is amazing..seriously AMAZING. Our photographer was Zach and I couldn't believe how personable and prepared he was. He made us feel comfortable. He had bandaids for my daughter's blister, he carried my stuff around, and tied my sons tie. And he took beautiful photos. The... Read More office staff is helpful. The process of choosing a photographer was impressive. I could name 100 more things I love about this company. Just choose them, you won't regret it 😊

Reviewed on 2/12/2017 Jessica M

My husband and I had a great experience with everyone from Powers! From Natalia to Tatum everyone I encountered did an excellent job answering my questions and getting me the information I needed. Tom our photographer also was great! He listened to everything we wanted and... Read More delivered! He had lots of great ideas for photos and really helped us capture our special day, which happened 2 days after it was supposed to! Thanks snow-pocalypse 2017. Tom went beyond the call of duty and made a special trip to our home to take pictures of guests who couldn't stay a few more days, then he laid down in the snow in 20 degree weather to get awesome shots! Thank you, Powers! Thank you, Tom!

Reviewed on 2/08/2017 Vicki S

Our daughter was married on 7.23.16 at the Aerie, and after much research we booked with Power based on their consistent high ratings. Unfortunately for us, the did not meet our expectations. The photos were nothing more than multiple random shots that an amateur could have... Read More taken. We were lucky to find one photo that was "wall worthy"! Very disappointed...having two photographers, we expected better.

Reviewed on 2/07/2017 Serena R

Extremely professional yet personable experience. I would 100% recommend Powers Studio. Zach was prepared for every surprise situation we had and went out of his way to make sure our needs and wants were met. Thank you, I could not of asked for a better photographer.... Read More Exceptional!!!!

Reviewed on 1/31/2017 Lauren M

Powers studios let's all the experts of each area of photography do their thing. The people, persons match you with your team and relay info, the photographers takes the best photos, the editors do the editing (most photographers dislike that part, and just because your a good... Read More editor doesn't mean your pleasant at a wedding) every thing comes together in the best most hassle free way!

Reviewed on 1/26/2017 Janet R

I have nothing but great things to say about Powers. From the initial email to setting up dates and times for our wedding, everyone has been just great! We are so excited and can't wait to see how the photos turn out.