Portland's Best Wedding Photographer

Founded in 1996, Powers documents only weddings regularly traveling worldwide for our clients. Remember, your wedding images will be family heirlooms that you hand to your grand kids... they will probably be one of the most important items in your entire home.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Bridal Portraits, Engagement, Trash The Dress

Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Wedding Albums

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
7504f472 fbdf 4115 a317 0a8fdec1b4a5~rs 100

825 NW Glisan St, Portland, OR (503) 478-0997
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Carmel D

One of the best decisions of our wedding was choosing Powers Photography, hands down. Just the first inquiry with Natalia, to taking a quiz to find out what photographer would best match with us, to being given the gift of Seppi Ramos our photographer, we couldn't be happier!... Read More Seppi was SO fun and easy to work with and he made our day really special and personable. Seppi spoke with us often leading up to the wedding day to get shot lists from us, talk about details of timeline, and everything we were hoping for. This type of communication is exactly what we needed to make wedding planning easy! My husband and I are kind of dorky and awkward around a camera, but Seppi eased us into poses and prompted us to just have fun! We would highly recommend everyone to Powers and Seppi and our family will now be using Powers for years and events to come! We are blown away by our wedding photos and would choose Powers over and over again. Everything turned out better than we could've dreamed. Thank you so much Powers, especially to Seppi!

Top Notch

Reviewed on 4/10/2013 Heather K

Knowing that I wanted my wedding photos to stand the test of time and provide amazing shots that would make me relive our special day was very important to me. I am so thankful that we chose one of Portland's best, Powers!!! We worked with Erin to negotiate a package... Read More appropriate for our budget. Since we had a winter (Mar), weekday (Thurs) wedding, they were able to honor a considerable discount. Erin patiently guided us through the process of viewing several photo sets to determine what style, and ultimately, what photographer, would suit us best. Mike, our photographer, was extremely easy to work with. We met up to go over details prior to the wedding, and discussed what we were looking for in our final product. He asked questions that were thought provoking, but we could tell, it enabled him to get a better read on us and our comfort level with different aspects of shooting. On our wedding day, Mike arrived on time and collaborated seamlessly with Moving Pictures Weddings. Although our start time was running a bit behind, due to girl's getting ready, Mike was patient and said he would let us know when we were ok, or needed to get a move on. And he did, politely so...girl's we need to get going, or we are going to miss... After the ceremony, he took the bridal party and family out around the venue and found awesome spots to set us up. He was clear with his direction and made everyone feel completely comfortable. We have already seen a sneak peek of photos on our blog, and are sooooo excited to see the rest of our beautiful photos. Many Thanks for being a part of our special day and being so wonderful to work with!

Incomparable photographer!!

Reviewed on 4/03/2013 Wendi L

From your first interaction it's obvious this isn't a typical photo studio. They take the time to assess every preference: photo style, review other shoots and pick the ones you like. With that they match you to a photographer that suits you and will get to look you want. And... Read More it works!! Sara was amazing and the photos are beautiful. She didn't even skip a beat when we had to change our engagement shoot location 10 minutes in. I didn't know I could look that good in photos (always an issue for me)! She was invisible on the wedding day and yet the photos look like she's in the middle of everything. The studio staff works hard to get things right and to find ways to work with you. When some edits weren't just what we wanted they went back and redid them. This is a great photography studio!!!

Reviewed on 3/09/2018 Sheena D

It has only been a couple weeks since our wedding and I am beyond grateful for the entire team at Powers. We booked Powers almost a year in advance because I fell in love with their work at the Seattle Bridal Show. It is evident that they want to be sure they met our needs. We... Read More took a couple of surveys to help determine our photographic preferences and assign us to the appropriate photographer. Both Natalia and Laurel were super flexible and willing to talk through ideas and contract changes with me. The night of the wedding was a total blast with Laurel and Rachel! Laurel’s creative eye was unbeatable! We just received a “sneak peek” of our photos and they are stunning. I would work with Powers again and again because I trust their system, their staff and their photographers - 110% worth the investment.

2018-03-12T13:01:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! Our team absolutely loved being a part of your big day!!

Reviewed on 1/28/2018 Rebekah S

I was so incredibly lucky to win a raffle at the Portland Bridal Show for a discount! After completing a style survey, Powers team paired my then fiance and I with Peter. He couldn't have been a better fit for the two of us and our pictures are absolutely wonderful. You could... Read More tell Peter really loves what he does, and his enthusiasm put our nerves at ease on our big day. I couldn't be happier with our whole experience with Powers, I HIGHLY recommend them.

Reviewed on 1/20/2018 Stephanie B

Powers Studios was awesome to work with. We really liked the matching process to find the perfect photographer for our style preferences. The algorithm ended up matching us perfectly to Zach at Powers. The whole process felt very personable and we were so comfortable with Zach.... Read More Response time was extremely quick when we had questions or concerns about the day. Although he took our beers away for the perfect photos on our wedding day, the photos turned out perfectly and numerous guests remarked on how progessional and on top of his game he was! Thank you Powers for giving us the perfect photos to remember our engagement and wedding for years to come!

2018-02-12T13:03:18 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much!!

Reviewed on 1/10/2018 Amanda N

My husband and I had an amazing experience with Powers. The quality of the photos was incredible and we really appreciated the thoughtfulness and calm demeanor our photographer, Peter. Every team member we interacted with was timely in their response to texts/emails, even after... Read More the wedding. They helped make our day so special!

2018-02-12T13:02:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much for your wonderful review!!

Reviewed on 12/13/2017

From the initial consultation, to the wedding day and beyond, Powers made everything so seamless!!! I love the consultation and the survey they do to find the perfect photographer that will match your personality and style! Tom was amazing!!!! The photos he captured with our... Read More engagement shoot and the wedding are phenomenal!!!!! He put us at ease so quickly and was able to catch such great candid shots of us and all of our guests! Thank you for everything Powers!!!!

2018-01-02T19:34:07 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for allowing us to photograph your special day!

Reviewed on 11/26/2017 Whitney Q

Choosing Powers was hands down one of the best decisions we made! From the initial first contact, they were able to work with our CRAZY schedule, and kept in constant contact with us. After matching our personalities and tastes, we were matched with Seppi. He went above and... Read More beyond for us every time. We ended up having two engagement sessions, and he was great about them both. The day of the wedding, he did a great job of calming the bride, keeping everyone in check, and all on the same page. Our second photographer, Krisna, did amazing as well the day of the wedding. The guys all loved him and both shooters did a great job of blending in at the wedding, we never had to worry about where they were or if they were getting the shots. Overall, HIGHLY recommend. The quality and professionalism is top notch!

2017-11-29T14:32:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! Seppi and our team absolutely loved being part of your big day!!

Reviewed on 11/15/2017 Kristin S

Can't say enough about how impressed we were with Powers Photography Studios and our photographer! Mike was very creative, patient and flexible with our wedding party and our crazy weather! Mike used the rain storm to get some unbelievable shots and we so much appreciated him... Read More going the extra mile (standing out in the rain) to capture our special day! The staff at Powers Studios has been nothing but accommodating and fun to work with. They are quick to respond and work hard to meet your needs. Would highly recommend!

2017-11-29T14:33:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your incredible review!

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Lydia C

We thoroughly enjoyed working with Powers Studio and our photographer, Jennifer! We came to Powers a little bit differently from most couples, as we had to find a last-minute photographer a month before our wedding when our previous photographer fell through. We had quick... Read More responses from the Powers team and they were able to match us up to a great photographer. The staff and both of our photographers (Jennifer and Krishna) were professional and well-experienced, which we truly appreciated. Before our wedding day, Jennifer made sure to meet with us to go over the schedule for our wedding day and also discuss our shot list that we wanted. We just got our wedding photos back and we are very satisfied and happy with the results! We got all the shots we wanted on our shot list and our wedding was photographed beautifully!

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Emily F

Powers was amazing! Zach, our main shooter, was the most prepared and professional person at the event, even more so than the planner (who was also lovely). I was pleased every single step of the way. Is there a sixth star I could give them?

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 carissa c

Love the survey that matches you with a photographer. Loved our photographer. She made us feel very comfortable and relaxed.

Reviewed on 9/24/2017 Beth G

Powers Studios is FANTASTIC!! Our photographer, Lindsay was so laid back yet organized and so helpful. She kept everyone together on the 104 degree day and kept us laughing and on our game all day. Great experience overall.

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Rachel P

It is such a hard decision picking a photographer for the biggest day of your life, and Laurel exceeded our expectations! She not only took AMAZING photos, she was so great to hang out with all day, such a sweet person and so talented. She went above and beyond for me, every... Read More time she would go get my bouquet from the vase it would be dripping water and she would dab it on her own pants so that I wouldn't get wet. If I could, I would rate them a 10. I got my pictures back in 30 days, there were over 1,000 to look at which was way too fun, there were so many that I loved that I honestly don't have a favorite. Thank you again Laurel!

Reviewed on 9/12/2017 Thi T

Powers Photography is amazing. They are very professional and are very tentative to our needs. We couldn't have picked anyone better, we are so thrilled and excited to see our photos.

Reviewed on 9/08/2017 Katrina C

Powers Studios was a great choice for us. Working in the Portland wedding industry, I was familiar with their work and reputation. One con I would say is their system of matching photographers based on a survey - just not quite the same experience as meeting your photographer in... Read More person when you're booking, as opposed to at a later time. That being said, we were matched with Zach Holden who was AMAZING. The pictures turned out gorgeous, and we felt that the second photographer was worth the extra cash as well (we had a big bridal party, so she took the groomsmen/women and he took the bridesmaids - she also took a lot of shots of the cocktail hour, detail shots of the reception, and our guests while he was doing family photos). My husband and I aren't especially comfortable in front of the camera, but he made us feel really comfortable and told us (nicely) what to do so that the photos turned out wonderfully. He even pulled a bobby pin out of his camera bag during family photos for my younger sister! Overall, we were very happy with our experience during the wedding, as well as the finished photos.

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Amy K

Seppi was amazing! I can't say enough about his professionalism, ability to keep us laughing, and the nautical gift he has at photography. I will definitely be recommending Powers Photography's services to all my friends and family.

Reviewed on 9/04/2017 Stacia D

We chose Powers Studios for our wedding photographer and we love our pictures! Cambrae was lots of fun and took beautiful pictures!

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Rachel R

I really liked that Powers Studios took the stress out of finding a wedding photographer by having us complete a survey about what style of photographer we were looking for, then assigning us one. I was apprehensive at first to put that much trust in a survey, but they really... Read More did a great job at matching us with a photographer whose style was exactly what we wanted. Our photographer was Laurel and she was amazing at working with us to get the creative and interesting shots we wanted of our wedding. My husband and I both feel a bit awkward in front of the camera, but she did a great job of giving us direction on how to pose and really made us feel more comfortable.

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 Daniel G

Cambrae was a wonderful point person and photographer. Her style was perfect for us. She was a great help on our big day and truly great with kids. Would highly recommend her to anyone.

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Rebekah P

Powers Photography is unbeaten in terms of the quality and the professionalism of their service. We loved that they took an active part in shaping our schedule for the day based on best practices. We also loved the online survey they had us take to learn about our style and... Read More photography preferences! We were assigned a photographer based on our wants and needs and knew we were getting exactly what we hoped for with Peter. He was, of course, with us nearly the entire day and was always smiling and capturing important moments for us without ever being intrusive. I don't know how he did it! We received our photos in a timely manner after the wedding and are so pleased with how they turned out! They have been so fun to show off! We know our photos perfectly documented each part of our favorite day and will last a lifetime. Sidenote: Powers was kind enough to gift my mother and I with tickets to the Bridal Unveiled event in Portland, which was incredible. In their raffle, we were very lucky and I won a gift certificate to Charlotte's Weddings! I was able to find my accessories and veil there because of Powers' invitation! Small gestures like that made a big impact on our wedding day!

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 Emily C

We worked with Zach at Powers Photography for our wedding and he truly went above and beyond! We had two pre-wedding meetings with him and he was so accommodating at both, facetiming my husband at the first so he could be included while he was away at Army training in Oklahoma... Read More and meeting with us late in the day at the second to work around our work schedules. On the day of our wedding he was so helpful, assisting our wedding party with the boutonnieres and even helping with my bustle when my bridesmaids were having a hard time. He made everyone feel comfortable and managed to gather my husband's and my large families (which is not easy to do) to get full family shots. The photos turned out wonderful and he did such a fantastic job capturing all of the important moments of our day as well as behind the scenes shots. We are so happy with Zach and our wedding photos!

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 Jing C

Powers Photography was the first vendor we booked after our venue. At the initial meeting they explained their process for matching us with their photographers, which included a survey where our style preferences were taken into consideration. We had many questions and they were... Read More answered clearly. The price was a lot to us up front, but we knew we wanted to invest in the best pictures for our wedding day. We matched with our photographer Bitna, who took our engagement and wedding photos (a 2-day celebration). They turned out amazing despite it being a hot weekend for June. She went the extra mile for our 300+ guests, and she traveled to multiple locations to catch me getting ready, at both our parents' houses for the traditional tea ceremony, and the venue. Powers also gives you a copyright release so you can choose to print your photos yourself or share with others. Our questions were promptly answered and we never felt pressured to add additional services or buy extra packages we didn't need. We loved working with them and would highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 7/23/2017 Kendra B

Our photographer Peter went above and beyond! He came out to Timberline Lodge the night before our wedding and took photos of the gorgeous sunset that erupted and later some shots under the stars since the clouds cleared. He didn't have to do any of that! We had only hired him... Read More to shoot our brunch wedding the day after. I never could have dreamed that we would have gotten such gorgeous photos! He was so good with our family, friends, and was super adventurous about setting up amazing shots! We couldn't have been more impressed!