Consultations booked @ prantlsbakery.clickbook.net

Weddings are such a joyous occasion and each one is different. The same is true of our wedding cakes! We have an almost unlimited array of flavors and styles to choose from. The one thing they all have in common is they taste delicious. Go to our website to find out more.

Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

5525 Walnut Street, Pittsburgh, PA (412) 621-2092

Great cost & Great Taste

Reviewed on 6/01/2015 Sarah T

Prantl's Bakery made the best wedding cake we could have ever imagined! The design was flawless & the taste was just as good. We went to many different bakeries and this had the best pricing by far. We had a three tier cake and also got a full and half sheet cake for extra... Read More and they were very accommodating with all of our requests. The manager on duty always got back to us quickly with questions and changes. We highly recommend them! Thank you for a great tasting cake!

Delicious

Reviewed on 8/10/2015 Stephanie J

Everyone had nothing but good things to say about the cake! We ordered the vanilla cake with buttercream icing, raspberry filling and white chocolate shavings inside. Definitely recommend!

Delicious!

Reviewed on 7/21/2015 Kelly P

We live out of town but we were able to pick up a small sample box of about 6 samples from the Shadyside location for our "cake tasting". Everything else was easily done by phone and email. Staff responded to our calls and emails promptly and based our cake off of only 1-2... Read More pictures we liked- they knew what they were doing! We ended up with a small three tier cake and sheet cake for the remainder; pricing was very reasonable. The cake turned out beautifully and tasted amazing! Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed on 12/10/2016 Brandi O

Our taste testing was simple and laid back. Go early in the morning to beat a lot of the rush. They do not provide cake stands (the only reason why I am giving them a 4/5) It was just an extra step we had to do on top of everything else. Cake was DELICIOUS. Each layer was a... Read More different flavor. Kept in good commutation through email with the business. Sometimes I wouldn't get a reply for a few days, but everyone has a busy season. Very happy with our wedding cake. So many compliments.

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Jessica F

A month ago, my husband and I had our dream wedding with the most delicious cake ever. While our whole event was spectacular, I was particularly looking forward to the cake. Our guests even called dibs for second slices when they heard we had hired Prantl's Bakery for the Burnt... Read More Almond Torte. I rate Prantl's Bakery 5/5 for the quality and ease of working with them. Planning: I scheduled a tasting via the online scheduler, super easy. About 3 weeks before my event, I worked with the Shady Side team on any revisions and instructions for delivery. And 2 weeks prior I finalized payment online, again, super easy. My 3-tier cake arrived on time, and looked beautiful, exactly what I wanted. For all of our future special occasions, I plan on relying on Prantl's excellence to keep things sweet.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Colleen C

PRANTL'S IS THE BEST! As a true Pittsburgher, I grew up on Prantl's and knew there was no other option for my wedding cake. I got a 3-tier round classic wedding cake with white buttercream frosting inside and out. The design was gorgeous and it tasted even better. We also got 2... Read More sheet cakes on the side to be able to accommodate for our 220 guests. The staff was great to work with, and they imitated the picture we wanted perfectly.

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Katie M

Thank you for providing us with a uniquely crafted choice for our wedding cake. We had the burnt almond torte and we couldn't have been happier! It far exceeded our expectations and our guests loved it!

Reviewed on 9/09/2016 Lauren S

The cake was not only as beautiful as we could have every dreamed, it was delicious!! People are still coming up to me 2 weeks later to tell me how much they enjoyed it.

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Whitney L

No surprise, another stellar review for Prantl's. We did the Burnt Almond Torte for our wedding cake and our guests (few of whom had ever had it before) were convinced that it was the best cake they'd ever eaten. We also got a variety of cookies and pastries, and they were all... Read More gone by the end of the night. Prantl's is the best!

Reviewed on 7/04/2016 Alice X

The staff at Prantl's Bakery in Shadyside did an amazing job on our cake! From tasting to finished product, they were extremely helpful and easy to work with, requiring very little from us besides deciding what we wanted. The cake itself was beautiful and elegant, and the... Read More raspberry filling was delicious! Our guests loved it so much that many took home extra servings at the end of the night! From product to service to pricing, I would recommend Prantl's to anyone for a special occasion.

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Jackie S

The cake was delicious and looked exactly the way I have envisioned it.

Reviewed on 5/02/2016 Ashley H

I love me some burnt almond torte, but today I was just not that impressed with Prantl's. Though we made our wedding cake consult appointment online as requested, it apparently didn't get processed and it left us anything but impressed. I get it, the system screwed up and... Read More you're scrambling to get a cake consult together, but that's just it - it wasn't just the consultant or the cake, it was the whole experience. It was just... unprofessional? Maybe that's the word I'm looking for... The stools they propped up beside the counter were falling apart... literally. Tighten up the screws... the cake was a sample of burnt almond torte, raspberry torte, and chocolate cake with chocolate crunchies. The chocolate was too sweet. The raspberry was decent, and the burnt almond torte didn't taste that great. It wasn't the Prantl's we knew... it was just meh. The girl was scrambling to save the appointment. We presented our numbers and basic ideas... no real discussion or feeling like they wanted our business. It felt more like, "Yeah you know our name and reputation ... So you'll order with us regardless." Ah ha! Well my friend, the joke is on you. We'll take our business elsewhere. The burnt almond torte may be great, but if you're looking for a wedding cake, there are better bakeries.

Great Price and Greater Cake

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Caitlin H

Who doesn't love a burnt almond torte? I know my guests did. We asked them to make a small two tier almond torte for our wedding and gave them specifics for how the cake should look and be plated, and they delivered. The cake looked just how we wanted, and of course tasted... Read More heavenly as it always does. The problems we had were dealing with the employees in the store in terms of their flexibility with the size of the cake board and their keeping their records of our order accurate. We went back and forth with them many times in person and via email. In the end everything came out right, but it was a bit of a hassle. That said, it was worth it because the cake is so delicious, and after all, its the only place to get a real almond torte.

The best cake known to mortals

Reviewed on 9/18/2015 Rebecca S

You will never taste a better cake than the Burnt Almond Torte (except if you are allergic to nuts, in which case we are sorry :( ) Prantl's itself was very easy to work with and quick to respond to emails We also can't comment on the price since the cost of the cake was... Read More included with the cost for food with Phipps' reception (yet another reason for going with Phipps)

Delicious Cake, Terrible Service

Reviewed on 8/10/2015 Emily B

Let me start by saying that I love cake. For me, it was the most important part of the reception, and I was so ready to dig into it when it came time to cut it. Let me also say that I love Prantl's and their Burnt Almond Torte, a version of which we had for our wedding. The cake... Read More itself was gorgeous and delicious. Just the best. The process to get the gorgeous and delicious cake at our wedding was not great. We started by scheduling a time to meet with the staff, which was arranged online. The initial meeting went well. It was perfunctory - short and efficient. We were sold on the quality of the cake, the idea of having a variation of our beloved burnt almond torte at the wedding, and the value of the cake (it was incredibly reasonably priced). We also loved that the saleswoman told us that after we made the deposit for the cake (online), we didn't have to do anything else until 2 weeks before the wedding. We had a short engagement (under 6 months), so not having to meet with the bakery a million times felt like a dream. Right then we decided not to check out other bakeries and just go with the tried and true Prantl's. About 3 weeks before the wedding, I wanted to start tying up loose ends with vendors - starting to pay outstanding balances, finalize details, etc. I called Prantl's to follow up on our initial conversations from months before (we hadn't decided on number of tiers or decorations or any other details). I was told that I needed to wait for them to call me, which should happen 2 weeks before the wedding. So I waited. Just under 2 weeks before the wedding, Prantl's emailed me to follow up on the order, wanting me to finalize details and asking me to pay the remainder of the cost online. The order was completely wrong, which I suspected it would be since we hadn't finalized anything, so I replied promptly with all the changes. I also wanted to confirm delivery times, as the reception was at our church and the wasn't an official vendor staff person who would be on hand when the cake arrived. Prantl's emailed me back with an increased cost than we had been quoted and an invoice that still included wrong details, even though I'd corrected them in the previous email. Thankfully, I'd taken a cell phone shot of the original quote sheet the saleswoman had completed with us during our initial meeting (they keep it on hand and email you a printed version), which showed the lower price. I sent that picture to Prantl's, along with additional corrections. We went round like this for a week - information captured incorrectly, me correcting it, changes in prices. Eventually, everything was settled, with them giving us the cake at our originally agreed-upon price (apparently the original saleswoman gave us the wrong price). I even received a call from the cake decorator herself the Friday before the wedding to confirm the details because she was confused. In the end, the cake arrived on time, was gorgeous, and tasted divine, even a week later. But the process was maddening. I understand that Prantl's is super busy, so having more things automated or directed from their end via email may save them time. However, it makes for a terrible customer experience. I would have preferred having follow-up meetings if it would have saved me the late-stage planning grief.

2015-08-14T09:23:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your candid and balanced feedback. By taking the time to share your experience, you have enabled us to redesign a portion of the finalization process for improved customer service. Enjoy married life!

Reviewed on 8/04/2015 Ashley F

We had a "naked" burnt almond torte for our wedding cake, served with almonds on the side. Everyone commented on how delicious the cake was, and it's the perfect staple for a Pittsburgh wedding. We provided a picture of what we wanted our cake to look like, and they did an... Read More amazing job replicating the picture. My only complaint is that we had to nudge them a bit when it came to receiving the contract and finalizing payment, but the cake was beautiful, scrumptious, and where it was supposed to be on time--and that's what really matters! Just be sure to book them early as they book up fast!

What can you say...It's Prantl's

Reviewed on 7/16/2015 Rachel Z

Delicious! We knew it would be good and our guests were so pleased. We did a tiered burnt almond torte wedding cake. Amazing!

Delicious

Reviewed on 7/08/2015 Hannah

Prantls was an easy choice for us. I LOVE their burnt almond torte and they were extremely open to mixing up some flavors to best suite my husbands taste. We did small bite cakes rather than a large cake, but never the less they were still as delicious.

yummmmmm

Reviewed on 6/25/2015 Jessica C

I don't even like cake and their award winning burnt almond torte wedding cake made my mouth water. Pricing is reasonable and the quality is off the charts. My guests were raving about the cake for days after the wedding.

Reviewed on 5/27/2015

I was so excited for Prantls to do my wedding cake. The cake tasted amazing but we decided to do a custom design and it was just executed poorly. The fondant and buttercream were different colors and then they tried to finish the design with a different color buttercream and... Read More really, it looked terrible. I would recommend using Prantls for your wedding cake but I would use a design that they're comfortable doing.

2015-05-29T06:23:11 Response from the vendor

We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the execution of your wedding cake design. Though the moment has passed, we would still like to make it up to you. Since the review is anonymous, please email [email protected] for ideas and options.

Fantastic Cake!

Reviewed on 3/05/2015 Shelly B

Our cake was the famous almond torte and an extra sheet cake of the white chocolate raspberry. I love them both and had a slice of each at the reception. The cake was perfect, Prantl's worked with us on the rustic style we were looking for and they did a perfect job. They... Read More also delivered it pretty far from their location - I'm grateful for that! Can't say enough how delicious their cake (and everything else) is!!

Delicious!

Reviewed on 11/05/2014 melissa b

Our cake was delicious and designed exactly as requested! Prantl's was so easy to work with.

Almond Torte

Reviewed on 10/17/2014 Gloria M

The most amazing cake ever !!! Prantl's burnt almond torte is the way to go ! We went to a few places for cake tasting and just LOVED prantl's. They treated us nicely and were focused on making sure who got a cake design we wanted (we had gone to another place were the lady just... Read More kept saying "this is extra"). We loved the treatment and their flavors for cake were the best out of all we tried. It was a bit more than what I wanted to spend on a cake, but just couldn't go with any other.... Yes their almond torte is that good !

Almond Torte is heavenly.

Reviewed on 10/10/2014 Denise P

I don't like wedding cake with fruit filling, so we went with the famous almond torte from Prandtls. It is famous for a reason. We opted for a smaller "smash" cake and 1.5 sheet cakes instead of a large fancy wedding cake to save on money. However, our cookie table was such a... Read More huge success that very few people actually ate the cake! Of course, with the almond torte, it wasn't difficult to pawn off leftover cake the next day. We had a hiccup with ordering - DH made the tasting reservation (via an online system), however, I made the order and the deposit (via online system), so they didn't show up in their books as being for the same wedding. Thus we had a scare a few weeks before the wedding when I get an email saying I haven't sent a deposit yet. But I was able to forward my emailed receipt from the deposit (always keep those!) and everything got sorted out. We had no problem picking up the cakes the day of (to save on the expensive delivery fee). In retrospect, I would have ordered less cake, since we had the Pittsburgh cookie table, but it's hard to know what to expect in that case. Overall, great vendor!

Burnt Almond Torte Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 9/22/2014 Amber A

Having our wedding at Pittsburgh means having a Burnt Almond Torte Cake. It was one of our non-negotiables. It was easy to book appointments for cake tasting online and when we arrived at their Shadyside store, we were welcomed by their cake specialist. Since our venue is part... Read More of Phipps Conservatory, and our caterer was Phipps, all billings were directed to our catering bill. They were easy to get ahold of, and they listened to the design we envisioned our cake would be. I sent them a photo of what I wanted it to somehow look like and they delivered. They also called to confirm if my florist was putting flowers on it. All in all, everyone was satisfied with the wedding cake and delectable pastries & cookies we ordered from them.

Start a Conversation!