Preakness Hills Country Club

Wayne, NJ

The First Look

Located just a short drive away from Manhattan in Wayne, New Jersey, Preakness Hills Country Club is an exclusive wedding venue catering to those couples who seek the utmost in elegance, class and style. The elegant, newly renovated clubhouse and picturesque, pristinely maintained golf course grounds that surround it offer numerous spectacular options for ceremonies, receptions and some truly outstanding first-look photos.

This members-only venue works closely with each couple to design their dream day, with the choice of eight separate settings that can be used for the ceremony, cocktail hour, dining and dancing. The spacious, lavishly appointed ballroom, with its lofted ceilings, elegant columns and crystal chandeliers, provides the setting for a grand affair for up to 250 guests.

For those who prefer a more relaxed outdoor setting, the venue offers couples the opportunity to exchange their vows set among the scenic surroundings of the golf course. The large, versatile array of options ensures the party can smoothly transition from ceremony to reception to dancing with ease. With numerous smaller spaces available for more intimate affairs, Preakness Hills Country Club can cater to weddings of any size or style with minimal fuss.

From The Vendor

A hidden gem just 30 minutes outside Manhattan

Our classically appointed ballroom provides a distinctive setting, warm & welcoming exclusivity and picturesque views. Hosting just one event at a time, our special events team will provide an attention to detail that few venues can match. Contact us to discuss member-sponsored event availability.

Ballroom, Waterfront, Country Club

Food + Catering, Planning

As a full service, luxury wedding venue, Preakness Hills Country Club goes out of its way to ensure that every member-sponsored wedding matches the bride and groom's precise vision of how the day should be. The venue's wedding coordinators help oversee both the planning and the execution on the day of the event to ensure the highest level of service and professionalism. To help make the day that extra bit special, all of the following perks are included with each wedding package.

• Complimentary bridal suite
  • Customized individual place setting menus and table numbers
  • Signature cocktail creation of your choice
  • Bridal liaison to ensure the day runs smoothly

1050 Ratzer Road, Wayne, NJ (973) 694-2200

As Preakness Hills Country Club is a private, member-owned facility, all weddings hosted here must be sponsored by a current member. When holding an event at the venue, its expert chef and professional culinary team will work with each couple to craft a menu that suits their tastes. Both cocktail receptions and plated meal service are available, with a wide variety of delectable dishes to choose from.

Upon arrival to your event, guests will be greeted by a butler serving champagne, wine, sparkling water and a signature cocktail of your choice. To make the event more lavish, couples may also choose to add on additional services, including coat room and powder room attendants, vendor meals and valet parking.

Preakness Hills Country Club only holds one event per day, providing ample time for setup and decorating and ensuring total privacy on your wedding day.

Couldn't have asked for more!

Reviewed on 10/24/2012 Ali W

When my fiance and I first started to look at venues for our wedding, we initially only looked in New York City, being that he's from Long Island, and I'm from NJ. We could not find any venue that offered what we were looking for without paying for all of the details. We went... Read More to look at Preakness (knowing that the ballroom was beautiful and the food is AMAZING) and met with James, the General Manager. We had the best experience working with both James and Angie. Preakness Hills was the only venue in NJ that we even considered looking at. Everyone at Preakness was so easy to work with, and the service provided was phenomenal! During the planning we mainly worked with James, who was always available to talk when we had questions, and really listened to what we wanted. James was open to do what we wanted. When we first started planning we threw ideas around from a fancy bbq to a cocktail hour style wedding. James was open to all, and we felt confident that what ever we decided on, James would make it happen. We ultimately decided to have a traditional black tie affair, it made the most sense for the amount of people at our wedding. We knew the food at Preakness was great, but we were blown away during our tasting. We told Chef Chris to do what ever he wanted during the cocktail hour... we trusted that Chris would not only deliver quantity, but quality too. Our guests haven't stopped talking about how wonderful the cocktail hour was. So many of our guests told us they've never seen so much food, with such great taste and quality during a wedding cocktail hour. The food during the reception was also amazing, with great fish and meat options. We could not have asked for anything more. Our wedding at Preakness was exactly what we wanted. Thank you James, Angie, Chris, and everyone else who made our wedding day so special!

An Elegant Wedding at PHCC

Reviewed on 11/24/2014 Nicole G

On October 11, 2014 my husband and I held our wedding reception in Wayne, NJ at the Preakness Hills Country Club. Because of seasoned management, attention to detail, and a Chef with extraordinary talent it was by far the BEST WEDDING EVER. I don't say this just because it was... Read More my wedding, I still (over a month later) have my guests telling me how amazing the food was, how pretty the venue was and how attentive the staff was to the smallest of requests. My husband and I were searching for the perfect location, someplace not overused yet someplace experienced with weddings. On a referral from a friend we visited Preakness to appease them and after walking through the club and speaking with the General Manager, James, I knew that everything I wanted was coming true, I had found my elegant and quaint venue! From the platinum color accents throughout, the cocktail hour room(s) overlooking the lighted pond on the golf course, the terrace with a firepit, and the gorgeous chandeliers in the ballroom all of our guests were overly impressed with the venue. Not to mention, besides one avid golfer in the group of 150, no one had ever visited Preakness (it's a private, members only club) which was all the more perfect for us! North Jersey is known for catering hall after catering hall so it was a breath of fresh air for everyone! The General Manager, James, is a true class-act and he will quickly put you at ease with your wedding planning. Although he tells you 'yes' to mostly everything - he really will stand behind and deliver everything he says! :) Lastly and by no means least, the food. Chef Chris and his culinary team will completely blow you away, no other way to describe it! Multiple guests after the wedding came up to me and commented on it was the 'best food at a wedding they have ever experienced and can we come here for dinner?!' Chris even came out during cocktail hour to serve and speak with the guests just to ensure their satisfaction. Preakness Hills Country Club truly delivers a remarkable wedding experience and will leave wishing you could do it all over again! Thank you to Chris, James, Danielle, and the entire staff!!

2014-11-26T09:47:55 Response from the vendor

Wow thanks for the great review! It was a pleasure to be part of your amazing day. Health and happiness always from the staff and members of Preakness Hills Country Club.

Fabulous Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 6/17/2012 Kimberly W

Preakness Hills is beautiful and my wedding was fabulous. They handled every detail with ease with excellent service and exceptional food. My family and friends are still raving about the event. Definitely would recommend to any bride!

Preakness is Perfect!

Reviewed on 7/01/2013 Tara D

Our wedding, held on June 15, 2013, could not have been more wonderful. James and his staff at Preakness Hills are so attentive, beyond accommodating, very reliable, and they truly make you feel like your and your new spouse's happiness is all that matters. The grounds of the... Read More country club are breathtaking, the main dining room and clubhouse are beautiful and comfortable, and the serving staff goes above and beyond any venue I have ever been at in my life. Guests are STILL talking about the amount and quality of the food served during cocktail hour, dinner and dessert, and have asked me specifics so they can tell all of their friends and family about Preakness. You won't find these kind of unique and delectable food choices (and the absurdly generous amounts served) in any other kind of "wedding venue." For a place that doesn't do too many weddings, every single person that attended was absolutely blown away. My husband and I were told numerous times that the mix of the picture perfect location, good food and happy, carefree atmosphere made for the best wedding they have ever been to. If you picture a wedding filled with amazing food, non-stop cocktails, a gorgeous setting, and perfect event flow, Preakness is the place for you.

2014-11-26T09:50:03 Response from the vendor

We so enjoyed being a part of your amazing day. The best of everything always from the staff and members of Preakness Hills Country Club.

Nothing but Rave Reviews

Reviewed on 6/03/2013 Ashley F

Preakness Hills Country Club was the best decision we made (other than actually getting married!!!) James, the GM, and the entire staff gave us the best possible wedding and we really can't thank them enough. We looked at a few venues throughout NJ and were really looking for... Read More something a bit different than the typical "NJ wedding." We saw Preakness in the winter, and even then we could see it had beautiful grounds. It doesn't have the typical Country Club feel, and I loved the raised ceiling over the dance floor. For a May wedding we were also excited about having the outdoor patio area for cocktail hour. Several months after booking we had a tasting with our parents. The food is really superb and a huge shout out to Chef Chris for delivering amazing food and making it look good! People could not stop raving about cocktail hour, the stations, the hors d'oeuvres, everything. We had a filet and a fish option for our dinner and we trusted Chef Chris so much we let him decide the fish based on the best options he could get the week of the wedding. Everything involved in the planning with Preakness was easy and I really can't stress enough how wonderful that is. It is not easy to plan an event for 165 people, from another state, but once we talked over a certain details, I no longer worried about them. And so many of the details were handled by Preakness including food, drinks, chairs, linens, menu cards, and setup. They even handled a rental for our favors and provided a signature drink station (which was a huge hit). The day was seamless, the venue was perfect, and we had the best time possible. We'll say it again, but we cannot thank the entire Preakness team enough. I could go on and on, but do yourself a favor and hold your wedding here.

Amazing experience!

Reviewed on 11/23/2010 GENNY S

I was not so into the idea of having my wedding at this venue since it didn't feel special enough to me however Preakness Hills completely blew my mind!!! The service and flexibility was incredible, I was able to put my touches and ideas into everything-no limitations! The food... Read More was out of this world, I have never seen a cocktail hour such as the one Chris (chef) put together. It completely wow-ed all of guests. From beginning to end the club made me feel so special and prioritized our event. I am one picky person and trust me when I say you will not be let down by this venue and I've been to a lot of weddings!!!!!