Primrose Cottage

Roswell, GA

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

An 1839 Mansion and Event Facility

Primrose Cottage is a captivating antebellum mansion nestled in the heart of the historic district in Roswell, Georgia. With the addition of our new 2,800-square-foot overlook ballroom, complete with floor-to-ceiling glass walls, Primrose Cottage offers an incomparable venue for special events.

Ballroom, Country Club, Estate, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning

674 Mimosa Blvd, Roswell, GA (770) 594-2299

All your Dreams come true... at Primrose Cottage!

Reviewed on 1/17/2015 Tessa D

My wedding at Primrose was on January 3rd, 2015. When we arrived at Primrose we pulled in the driveway and automatically fell in love with the house. We were greeted by the wonderful Sales rep Terri. She gave such a warm welcoming including Mimosas since the venue is located on... Read More Mimosa blvd. She toured us through the house telling us about each room but also gave us our space to let it sink in and talk about our thoughts privately. Something we loved about this venue was the SPACE! So many placed for your guest to explore and the house has so much character. After touring upstairs, we made our way downstairs. I loved the original brick walls and view of the garden. Then the most magical moment was entering into the huge open ballroom with floor to ceiling windows. I'll be honest and I began to cry. I knew this is where I wanted to marry my prince charming. We had Terri send us the contract that night. The staff at Primrose was amazing. After signing a contract you get assigned a Wedding Planner, Wedding coordinator, and you get to work with their amazing design team "A Divine Event." Our Planner was Katie and she was incredible. During your planning meeting, you decide where you want everything to go the day of your wedding, guest numbers, and food decisions. You will have a meeting with the Design Studio in Norcross. At this meeting you plan your dream wedding. They ask that you bring pictures, go on Pinterest, etc to help guide the meeting. I really appreciated that during this process I didn't feel rushed or pressured to buy anything. They were very honest with what would look good or what you shouldn't spend money on. The only thing I wish was different at this meeting was to have pictures of their work so it would be easier to point out things I liked or disliked. We went strictly off the pictures I brought or showed on my phone. But with that, the day of was Perfect and the Design Studio made my dreams a reality. My theme was Winter Wonderland and when I saw it all together I was blown away! Something else you should know when picking this venue is that you do not get a personal "food tasting." Don't let this turn you away from the venue. They host a "Romancing the Bride" evening when they have preferred vendor tables and food for you to taste. This event is for bride and grooms who have chosen the venue. For our big day we chose Mini cheeseburger sliders, and mac and cheese fritters for our passed hours doeuvres. OMG! I took one bite and my mouth dropped with how wonderful they tasted. For our seated buffet we had a smashed potato "martini" bar (Guest loved!), Gemelli pasta with spinach, sundried tomatoes, and a roasted mushroom garlic sauce (My favorite!! YUMMMMMY!!!!), parmesan crusted chicken (delicious!), salad, and grilled seasonal vegetables. We had our cake made by the design studio. We had a strawberry cake. Amazing! So moist and it was perfection! I HIGHLY recommend ordering your cake through them. You will not be disappointed. You will have a rehearsal the day before your wedding. This is where you will meet your wedding director/coordinator. My director was Jennifer. She went above and beyond my wildest expectations. She took care of EVERYTHING. From the ceremony, to making sure our glasses were filled on the dance floor to our send off. I am forever grateful for the Primrose staff. They made it so that my husband and I, and our guest could enjoy every detail of our big day! Thank you!

The Day of My Dreams!

Reviewed on 12/03/2014 Ashley N

Primrose Cottage was my ideal venue from the get-go. After my first visit, my fiance and I knew that this was the place where we would be married. I am an extremely particular person, and I had a very specific vision that I wanted to have accomplished. Katie Goldberg gave me the... Read More space to take control of the decisions that meant the most to me, without having me worry about all of our decisions the day of our wedding. The food was impeccable, and the one thing that I kept hearing from our guests was how perfect the day was. I cannot keep from thinking about how the biggest day of my life went off without a hitch, thanks to my insane organization and the dedicated staff at Primrose.

Perfect Wedding Venue in Roswell, GA

Reviewed on 7/25/2014 Katie U

Primrose makes planning a gorgeous wedding so simple. The staff is amazing and so easy to work with. They are experts at what they do which made it very fun and stress free when planning for the wedding. The food is delicious! We had the coffee-braised short ribs, honey-bbq... Read More glazed salmon, summer salad, and more beautiful items on the menu. Everything was super delicious and our guests loved it! Flowers and decor can be designed by their team. The man who helped me design the flower decor, centerpieces, bouquets, etc. was so sweet and genuine. My budget for flowers wasn't extravagant ($800) and we managed to get everything we wanted for under the budget! Not only that, but the flowers were incredibly beautiful and I had the prettiest bouquet I have ever seen. The cottage is picture perfect which helped make every photo our photographer took beautiful. I would absolutely recommend Primrose to anyone interested in getting married in the Atlanta area.

Reviewed on 4/14/2017 Cindy B

We got married at Primrose on 3.17.17. The venue was gorgeous and we have heard only positive things from guests. The staff was friendly, prompt, and responsive. Highly recommended by this bride!! Perfect location for a fairytale wedding!

Reviewed on 4/12/2017 Lauren S

Primrose Cottage was lovely for our March wedding. It was the first venue we looked at and after touring others it was the one we came back to. Alison, Carrie, and Talia were amazing to work with. The house itself was gorgeous and had so many neat little details to find and was... Read More fun to explore. The ballroom is the most gorgeous part! The floor to ceiling windows and the view were to die for!

Reviewed on 3/13/2017 Lisa W

The team at Primrose did an amazing job. Not once during the day did we go hungry, go thirsty, or have to lift a finger! The event staff at Primrose took care of it all. Since we were planning our wedding in 3 months, my husband and I agreed up front that we wanted a venue... Read More that took care of 2/3 of everything for us. Primrose did just that - and everything was well coordinated, and looked exquisite! Since we were married in December, the house was decorated for Christmas, and everywhere was a great location pictures! Which was fantastic because we had to change our first look location to the front parlor at the last minute due to a short rain shower! If you want a lower stress wedding, look no further. Family and friends are still talking about how beautiful and flawless our wedding was!

Reviewed on 1/05/2017 Krissy F

Primrose helped to make my rock princess fairytale come true!

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Kettly C

I would have given them 5 stars but they were supposed to put my favors on the table and they did not. They decided to put them out at the last minute now I'm stuck with almost 100 shot glasses.

Reviewed on 11/12/2016 Marissa W

My husband and I had our wedding at Primrose Cottage on June 25th, 2016, and it was absolutely breathtaking. Our wedding planner, Katie Goldberg & our Design Specialist, Mary Fifield, took all of our desires and ideas and made them a reality for our wedding day. Everything was... Read More exactly how we wanted it, and the entire team, beginning with Ms. Donna Seiver, was welcoming, compassionate, understanding, and made the entire experience of planning a wedding and getting married a wonderful and absolutely graceful experience. I would absolutely recommend them! The decor is gorgeous, the food is delicious, & the people are so sweet. Second to deciding to marry one another, Primrose was the best decision we made.

Reviewed on 8/28/2016 Caroline T

Primrose was the perfect place, everything went so smoothly and they paid every attention to the smallest detail! The night went by way too fast but everyone raved about the food and the overall atmosphere! I highly recommend having your reception there!!

Reviewed on 8/17/2016 Dominika B

We could not have been happier with our experience at Primrose Cottage! Every detail of our day was beautifully coordinated and organized well in advance. I cannot say enough about our planner, Katie - from the time we met her she was an absolute pleasure to work with. She was... Read More patient and super helpful when we weren't sure of certain details. She made the whole planning experience so much fun. Our day-of coordinator, Lindsey, helped us and our families through every step of the rehearsal to prepare for the ceremony. Both of our families loved working with her - many people even said it felt like she was part of the family! The venue is obviously gorgeous, so our guests were super impressed and our photos turned out gorgeous. It even rained between the ceremony and the reception, so the garden looked stunning after the rain stopped and everything looked kind of dewy. Our wedding was an absolute dream, and if I had to do it all over, I would definitely choose Primrose again! Overall, we had the best day of our lives at Primrose Cottage and so much can be attributed to the beautiful venue and their amazing staff - not to mention the food was also amazing!!

Reviewed on 7/07/2016 Dixie B

Primrose cottage is a beautiful venue, its very unfortunate the way Divine Events/Magic moments runs business I would not recommend to any bride! The business strategy is to make the most money off you not matter what the cost, you never deal with the same person.. they have... Read More the selling person that locks you in, then you move on to the planner, (who will not be your day of director) then day of they bring in whoever ( of the street) doesnt have a gig to run your event which in my case was terrible!! totally ruined my wedding yelling at guest and me (the bride) as well. They also charge outrageous prices on everything you think its pretty good on first glance then they charge labor and tax on every single item built in nothing you can do about it cause you already locked in. I would not recommend any divine events venue to anyone!

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Erin M

My husband and I cannot express how thankful we are for Primrose Cottage. It was the most perfect venue for our wedding! From start to finish, every step of the wedding process with Primrose Cottage was ideal. Katie, Alison and Jennifer were such a blessing and worked so hard to... Read More make our wedding exactly what we wanted it to be. The best part about Primrose Cottage is the fact that they basically have everything you need in house. We only had to go outside the venue for music, photography, dress and officiant. Everything Primrose Cottage and the design team do is absolutely stunning. With Primrose Cottage, our wedding was everything we wanted it to be!

Reviewed on 6/24/2016 Cherilyn S

We just had our wedding at Primrose Cottage on 5/21/16 and loved it! Every single interaction we had with the team was extremely professional and enjoyable. The venue was beautiful, and our wedding planner and coordinator were great. We were looking for a place that had a good... Read More alternative for the ceremony in case it rained. The ballroom is beautiful for a ceremony, but luckily it was nice outside, so we got married in the front yard! We also wanted an all inclusive package, and through A Divine Event and Magic Moments, we were able to have food, drink, flowers, and decor done in one place. It was so nice! We loved how the venue had so much character and so many beautiful areas to enjoy. We wouldn't change a thing!

Reviewed on 6/19/2016 Paige P

Primrose made our wedding even more amazing than I ever could have imagined. Everyone there is so friendly and helpful. The food, decor, and venue were all amazing. I did not have to lift a finger the day of the wedding and everything went off without a hitch. I could not be... Read More more thrilled with the decision we made to have our wedding here. We had multiple guests tell us it was the best wedding and venue they've been to. Loved them!

Reviewed on 6/17/2016 Christine P

It could not have been more perfect! They took care of every detail and I was able to be stress free and enjoy the day. It was even better than I could have imagined and I couldn't have been happier. Highly recommend! Great value for the price.

Reviewed on 5/15/2016

Awesome Venue!! I am the mother of the bride married at Primrose Cottage on May 7th 2016. Primrose Cottage/Divine Event is well worth your money and more. We were very pleased with every detail they handled. We worked with Jennifer, Katie , Allison and Harry. My daughters... Read More ceremony was held in the ballroom which was beautiful. The reception was also held at Primrose. Divine Events/Primrose Cottage put on top notch weddings.

Reviewed on 5/15/2016 Jo M

My fiancé and I got married at Primrose Cottage on May 1st and could not have been more pleased. Our guests are still saying it was the "best wedding they have ever been to". Everyone loved it! We are a middle aged couple and as many people are these days, super busy with... Read More demanding jobs and not much extra time. Primrose Cottage attracted us because it can be "all inclusive". Some people may think that that means expensive and no room to save money. We found just the opposite. The venue is already super charming and with a modest addition to the décor for the reception it became wonderful. Everyone who works there was professional and delightful. We worked with Allison, Katie, Harry and Lindsey with Caitlin assisting her and they all hit it out of the ballpark! The food was great, cake too and we used their preferred vendors for everything but the photographer. If you want to insure that your wedding is in a beautiful setting, your guests are touched by the ceremony, enjoy the food, environment, entertainment and cake then go talk to these folks. The people and value at Primrose Cottage are way more than we even could have known. Wouldn't change a thing!

Reviewed on 5/10/2016 Michele A

Primrose Cottage is somewhere I've always wanted to get married and it was the perfect place to have our ceremony and reception. Having the vendors chosen for you already makes choices a lot easier and everyone is so willing to help make your vision a reality. The staff is... Read More amazing and they work with you frequently to make sure what you want is what you get. Our cake was the most delicious most people said they have ever had, food was great, the service was wonderful, and the venue looked so beautiful. We had the reception on the front lawn and the pictures turned out incredible with all of the azaleas blooming the first weekend in April and we had the cocktail hour in the back garden with lots of lights strewn everywhere. We had the reception in the open room in the back that looks like a sunroom and you can see the garden and trees while you dance the night away. I definitely recommend adding an extra hour because it will go by too fast!!

Reviewed on 4/20/2016

If you are looking for a beautiful venue, with great staff, excellent food and overall a wonderful experience, Primrose is your place! We never felt pressure or worried for one second during the planning period. Every detail was taken care of, from bringing our stuff early, the... Read More flowers, the cake and replenishing the food. The food alone is amazing and everyone enjoyed it from the pickiest of eaters to the one's who have dietary needs. The grounds are well kept and you have plenty of places to stay nearby, plus the staff is very helpful and friendly. We loved everything!

Reviewed on 4/08/2016 Holly Lynn G

I used Primrose for both my ceremony and reception and just Wow! I could not have asked for a more picture perfect night. The staff was extremely friendly and reassuring, it was affordable (I stayed under my budget!), and the Design Team captured every idea I had for my big day... Read More and exceeded every expectation. I would recommend in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 3/10/2016

We just had our wedding here on the 5th of March. Being a typical "guy" I had little to no involvement in the planning of this wedding. My expectations were pretty much nonexistent, as long as my wife, family, and friends were there I didn't really care about anything else. I... Read More was however, extremely surprised at how everything turned out. The staff were extremely helpful and I knew exactly where to go and what I was supposed to do. I think that being an event planner is extremely difficult, especially when you are dealing with many different people and personalities, but all of the staff handled themselves well. Overall, this is a great venue and I would recommend it to anyone looking to get married.

Reviewed on 2/24/2016 Lori W

I cannot say enough about this venue! We had a summer wedding and the open ballroom overlooking the garden was so beautiful. From beginning to end it was a great experience. My wedding planner made it so easy for us to plan with. She returned every phone call the same day and... Read More was really fun to work with. The day of coordinator and whole staff on our wedding day was friendly, professional and so polite! This is an ideal venue!

Reviewed on 12/08/2015 Jenifer L

We had a terrific experience planning our wedding at Primrose Cottage and an absolutely perfect wedding day there! I would give the venue my highest recommendation to any bride/groom looking for a unique wedding spot with some southern charm. As an out-of-town bride planning... Read More a wedding from another time zone, Primrose Cottage made the process so smooth. It was a pleasure working with Katie, our wedding planner, and I was continually impressed with how she stayed on top of every detail. The Design Studio, which works in conjunction with the venue, worked within our budget to create beautiful flower arrangements and venue décor. I met with the designer just once and then showed up on the big day to see my vision become even better than I had imagined! I was also relieved when they were willing to work within my tight budget. We maximized that exceptionally well. And we were particularly impressed with our day-of wedding coordinator, Lindsey, who made the day go flawlessly. She took care of everything before we even asked and helped us stay on our timeline all evening. My only regret is that the night didn't last any longer! Our guests raved about the venue, food and hospitality, with many of them saying it was one of the best weddings they had ever attended. If I could go through the process again, I wouldn't do a single thing differently. That's a testament to the folks at Primrose Cottage, who made the best day of our lives simply perfect.

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Beth V

Wedding ceremony and reception held here on 10/17/2015. I would highly recommend this location and staff. They were expert wedding planners, decorators, designers and caterers. Since I was doing all the planning myself, this was beyond helpful. Once I arrived at the venue on... Read More my wedding day, I had no worries. They waited on us hand and foot and everything ran smoothly and beautifully. I have received many, many compliments on the decorations, flowers, and food. I would highly recommend them as well as the vendors listed on their website.