Ames' Premier Bridal Boutique

Pure Bridal brings a chic and modern bridal experience to Ames, Iowa. We have a well-edited collection that caters to a stylish and elegant bride. Our consultants are professional stylists dedicated to providing you with our undivided attention while assisting you in find the perfect wedding attire.

306 S 16th St, Ames, IA (515) 663-2222

Best Bridal Store EVER

Reviewed on 9/19/2012 Katie M

I cannot give enough praise to Rita, Kayse, and the staff at Pure Bridal. I went to several other bridal boutiques looking for my gown, but kept coming back to Pure Bridal for their service. They go above and beyond to make sure the bride, groom, and entire bridal party are... Read More outfitted for the wedding. At no other bridal store did I receive such personalized attention as I did here. They make every bride feel as if she is the most important person in the world, helping you in and out of every dress so you don't even have to lift a finger. We did find my dream wedding dress at another store for a slightly cheaper price, but the service and peace of mind with purchasing at Pure Bridal was worth it to us in the end to purchase our gown here. Also, I found that Pure Bridal had the best selection for different sized brides. They make it so that any size bride can pretty much try on almost any gown they so choose. They are great at picking out the right dress for your body type. I went in and fell in love with a dress I didn't even pick out, Rita picked it out for me! Not only that, we were able to find the bridesmaids dresses, undergarments, all jewelry, shoes, and tux rentals all in one store! It truly is a one-stop-shop. The seamstress Karen they work with at Pure Bridal is also amazing. The entire team makes you feel reassured and tries everything in their power to get you whatever you want! I would choose no other place in Central Iowa to purchase a wedding gown other than Pure Bridal. If you read this review and stop in, please tell them that Katie Mooney sent you!

Reviewed on 11/16/2017 Melissa H

My experience at Pure Bridal was wonderful. I was immediately brought into my own private room to try on dresses and Jordynn was SO helpful. I gave her a few styles I liked and she immediately found exactly what I imagined! I was stuck between two dresses in the end and she was... Read More so patient with me in making sure I chose the right dress for me. The selection of dresses was FANTASTIC, as well as the great selection of dresses in different sizes. I've never had a place that didn't just have one generic size. Overall, this was a wonderful experience.

Reviewed on 11/16/2017 Ashley F

I had a great experience and the consultants were all helpful. After I tried on several dresses with no contenders she hung in with me and branched out to things I didn’t think I would like and I ended up finding the dress!

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 KayeLea C

All of the ladies that I spoke with and worked with at Pure Bridal were absolutely amazing to work with and were so accommodating. They were able to cater to all of my specific needs and helped me find my perfect wedding gown! I highly recommend Pure Bridal for all of your... Read More bridal needs!

Reviewed on 11/13/2017 Sara T

I would High recommend Pure Bridal!!! My Matron of Honor and I both got our dresses here and we couldn’t be happier!!! We were so happy with the services and everyone was so nice. The prices were great too!!! Highly recommended!!!

Reviewed on 11/13/2017 Chelsea V

I loved my experience at Pure Bridal!! I had so so much fun!! Definitely loved the atmosphere, and so many choices for dresses! Ashlyn was my stylist and she was so helpful!! Also, the location was easy to find and everyone was so inviting!

Reviewed on 11/11/2017 Kaitlyn B

I had such a great experience! My consultant, and the other that were not assigned to help me while I was there, were very friendly, helpful and had very excited to help me! They definitely made my experience great, and helped me find the dress that fit my vision for the... Read More wedding!

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 Gabrielle A

I loved every minute of my experience here! From the minute I walked in the door every staff was so friendly and helpful! Megan and Rita were so kind and helped me find the dress of my dreams!! I would recommend this place to everyone!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Chelsea W

I had such a great experience at pure bridal! I am a plus size bride and they had the biggest selection of dresses in my size to try on. They had a dress that i loved that did not come in my size and worked with me to try and give me an idea of what it would look like! I could... Read More not have had a better experience anywhere else!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Stephanie S

I had a wonderful experience shopping for my wedding dress at pure bridal (Ashlyn did amazing!). My biggest concern was that there would not be enough dresses in my size to try on as I had called and been to many other shops with little to no plus size selections. I was THRILLED... Read More to see not only did they have a huge plus size section, they were ALL so beautiful and a variety of styles and price ranges, I tried on many dress and loved the whole experience AND I was able to say YES to the most perfect beautiful dress! Thanks so much Pure Bridal for turning something I was dreading into one of the BEST parts of wedding planning so far.

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Tierny G

Kayse and Rita and staff were a pleasure to work with. They helped me pick out my dress and match an additional skirt to my gown that just brought the wow factor up a knotch! When the dress came back and I had my doubts they were there to help reassure me and also paid for extra... Read More fabric to help even out my dress is places where it was missing fabric. I would definitely recommend them to any bride and it was so fun working with them.

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Radney R

Experience was GREAT! I get there wanting my dream dress, but did not want to spend the amount of money I would need to put into it to alter it. However, they came up with a lower price items and alteration ideas to help! With that, I got to say YES to my dress! Thank you all so... Read More much for the help!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Marilyn S

Pure Bridal and my consultant, Bri, made my experience one to remember. I found my dream dress on my first visit and already can't wait to come back to put it back on! Thank you so much for making this day so special for me!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Abigail S

A tiny salon with a big heart! The staff here are so nice, upbeat, and eager to help. I was down to deciding between two dresses when the shop's owner walked by and nearly immediately found the dress that was the perfect medium between the two dresses. Not only do they have... Read More beautiful dresses but the experience itself is non-pressure, relaxed, and elegant.

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Kaiti M

Meagan was so helpful in finding the perfect dress! She listened to all my wants and found me the perfect dress!the entire staff was willing to do whatever it took to make me feel amazing on my special day!

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Krista G

I was disappointed with the experience here. I filled out the survey they sent prior to my appointment, but my consultant didn't use the information I already gave them. I don't mind talking the consultant through what I do/don't like, but I wouldn't have wasted my time filling... Read More out the survey if I had known no one would look at it. My appointment did not start on time, which was slightly frustrating, too. Additionally, I showed my consultant a picture of a dress from a designer Pure Bridal said they carried, and she just said, "I've never seen that dress before." She didn't offer to help me find a dress that was similar or see if they could order that one. I felt like the inputs I gave were not taken into account by the consultant when she chose the next dress for me to try on, which made the experience frustrating and disappointing.

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Ann H

I had an awesome experience! My consultant was amazing and with my fear of commitment never pressured me into anything. I returned the day after my original appointment to purchase my dress and was again very impressed with all of the staff. The best thing to hear is that they... Read More want to give you the experience they would want as a bride and not do things to just benefit themselves.

Reviewed on 10/12/2017

Shopping at Pure Bridal was an awesome experience! Dress shopping was the part of wedding planning that I was most excited for but was nervous about being discouraged by the sample sizes. Pure Bridal has a large range of sizes and I was able to try on all of the dresses I... Read More liked. We came back the next day to choose between the final 3 and I said yes to my dress! I would definitely recommend Pure Bridal!

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Danielle T

The consultants were amazing! They were able to help me find exactly what I was looking for. I went to several bridal shops and they were by far the friendliest and most fun place to look for dresses. I never thought I would cry in a dress either but I definitely did when I... Read More found the one. Excellent care from these ladies they all truly seem to want the best for you on your wedding day!!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Bethany J

I went to pure bridal when I was looking for a gown for my wedding. I felt I gave an average budget and did not feel like I had a lot to try on within that price range. I also saw lots of lace which I personally am not a huge fan of. I just did not feel like there was a large... Read More variety for me to try on that I was liking. I ended up finding the perfect gown elsewhere with a larger selection for myself.

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Bailey B

I had an appointment with Ashlyn, and she was so great to work with. She accommodated our large group as well as picking dresses I didn't even know I would like. She listened to what I wanted and made suggestions on what she thought with her knowledge of the industry. She even... Read More ended up pulling my dream dress! There were so many options to choose from as well as the store being clean and organized. I would definitely recommend Pure Bridal to any bride looking for their dream dress!

Reviewed on 9/30/2017 Rachel N

Walking into Pure Bridal was such a relief after shopping for dresses in my hometown. They have a huge selection of dresses, amazing designers, awesome consultants (Ashlyn!) and so many different sizes. I didn't have to squeeze into small dresses and wasn't forced to "imagine"... Read More what a dress should look like if it were my size. That's such a huge thing to me and makes finding "the dress" so much more enjoyable and stress free. I had a vision and knew I wanted something unique. I had pinned so many beautiful dresses on Pinterest and never imagined I would find something comparable to them in Iowa, but Pure Bridal will seriously make your wedding dreams come true. I tried on three dresses and said "YES!" So thankful for Pure Bridal and would definitely recommend Ashlyn--she was wonderful and I felt so comfortable working with her! 💕

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Shelby R

Pure Bridal was the first and only store I went to for wedding dress shopping. I’m so happy with my decision! I had a specific dress I was looking to try on, and when I contacted them to see if they had it they knew exactly what dress I was talking about. Julia helped me the day... Read More of my appointment and she already knew which dress I really wanted to try on. The fact that they made note of that in my information for my appointment impressed me. I tried on several other dresses at my appointment as well (they have a great selection of gorgeous gowns!) ultimately it came down to the dress I really wanted to try on and another, and Julia was so patient with me as I kept wanting to try on each dress multiple times before making my final decision. I could tell that the staff and the owner genuinely care about your experience there and your dress. They go through all of the information and details about what to expect after you purchase your dress (e-mails and phone calls to expect from them, recommendation on who to take your dress to for alterations, when the dress is estimated to ship and the option to keep it at the store). I have already recommended Pure Bridal to a friend who is going dress shopping soon and without a doubt will to anyone else in the future!

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Michelle P

I have been to five different Bridal boutiques across Iowa and none of them had the quality of service that Pure Bridal did. I felt very comfortable with my stylist and they had dresses in many price ranges that were clearly identifiable by a bow. It took out the embarrassment... Read More of not being able to afford an expensive dress but also allowed me to know right away the price range of the dress I was pulling . My stylist was awesome! She took the time to ask me questions I didn't even think about and she handled my MOH opinions like a champ- she always took my side. I am contemplating between two dresses from this Bridal boutique but even if I decided against them, I KNOW I will be buying a dress from Pure Bridal because of their amazing customer service!!

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Leah B

Finding my wedding dress at Pure Bridal was a wonderful experience! Ashlyn was incredibly professional, knowledgeable, friendly, and fun. She gave me the freedom of trying different styles but helpfully guided me toward better options based on my (and my guests) reactions. I... Read More can't really imagine a better process or selection of styles. It was so exciting to find the perfect dress during my first appointment! I would recommend Pure Bridal to any bride who wants great service, huge selection of styles, reasonable prices, a comfortable setting, and smooth process.