Let's Plan the Day Only You Can Have

We are giving you permission to plan the wedding you have always wanted. Don’t focus on having the day that others have already had. Focus on the day, only you can have. From classic to over-the-top, Quintessential Events prides itself on creating weddings that are uniquely you. We combine this creativity with an extremely detailed planning process that leaves you never questioning what's next.

Engagement Party, Getting Engaged, After Party, Bachelorette Party, Bridal Luncheon, Bridal Shower, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Day After Brunch, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100

Kansas City-based | Plans events nationwide (785) 331-6676
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 2/27/2018 Rebekka F

Oh Sarah, Oh Sarah, one word QuintAMAZING! okay that’s not a real word but it’s her! She is a force to be reckon with. We used Sarah's full coordination package and it was an absolute life saver, it took us a little over a year and a half to plan our wedding and there wasn't... Read More one single moment that we ever felt stressed or forgotten about. Which was awesome due to the fact that we found out we were pregnant shortly after hiring her! She literally goes above and beyond your expectations, we mean literally. We never had to coordinate with vendors, we didn't have to fold a single table linen, we didn't have to worry about extra props or tell parents or family member were to be and when! Sarah took care of ever single small detail. When we say she goes above and beyond she truly does she doesn't just worry about your wedding she worry about her couples in general. Sarah Quinlivan is an amazing women and We would hire her all over again. When people ask me for wedding advice now the first thing We say is hire Sarah! She has a heart of gold and she truly makes your wedding the most unique and special day. We will never be able to thank Sarah enough for her work and her friendship!

Reviewed on 3/02/2018 Karlea A

Sarah was absolutely amazing to work with. She was incredibly patient with us, and best of all, had creative, unique ideas for our New Year's Eve wedding. I travel a lot for work and she worked with my crazy schedule and helped give us a timeline that didn't hit us with... Read More everything at once. I was not the type of bride with a large pinterest board but she made everything so easy and manageable. I could not have done it without her! Her services were a huge value for the price. I had so many compliments from guests that it was the classiest and most well-organized wedding! I recommend her to all of my friends in KC!

Reviewed on 1/22/2018 Kaylee N

I loved our wedding planner, Sarah Quinlivan, whom we had for month-of planning. She was so organized and on top of EVERYTHING. We did not have to coordinate anything with our vendors, which was a huge satisfier for me being a project manager at my day job. She created detailed... Read More timelines for us, our bridal parties, and our extended families. She handled every last detail. She took care of getting our bags to our hotel room, making sure we had food waiting for us at each point of the day, folded all of our wedding programs. She put together all of the wedding favors. She also hauled all of our stuff to the venue. I bought most of it, gave it to her, and she brought it all to venue. That was so helpful so we didn’t have to load our cars up with serving trays, tablecloths, gifts, etc. She coordinated tear down of the event space with our other vendors, so my parents and in-laws weren't hanging out until after midnight to haul all of the wedding things back to our houses. If there was ever an issue on my wedding day, I was never aware of it because Sarah took care of it. I couldn't imagine doing this with anyone else.

Reviewed on 1/20/2018 Lynette P

Sarah made our daughter and son-in-law’s wedding e most beautifuand memrble experience we could have imagined!! Trying to plan a wedding with us (the bride’s parents) in Hawaii would have been so stressful. Sarah made it look like a piece of cake! She stayed on top of every... Read More detail. We could not have done this without her! We would recommend her a thousand times over. Park

Reviewed on 12/11/2017 Alexis P

Sarah was the best decision and the best thing to happen to me. Sarah is straight forward, organized, and outright amazing. I hired Sarah for her "month of" plan (which is amazing) because all of my family lived out of town and I wanted to be able to spend time with them the... Read More weekend of my wedding instead of stressing out and running around trying to do last minute things. Sarah came in 30 days prior to the big day and magically took all of the stress away. She contacted vendors to finalize contracts and set up delivery/set up times for the day of. She also saved our bar (and butts) when she found a bartending service mere weeks prior to the wedding. She was also great enough to meet with us months before our contract started when we had gotten stuck in our planning. Sarah is hilarious, fun to be around and the best thing that will ever happen to your wedding!

Reviewed on 12/05/2017 Abby R

I'm really not even sure where to begin with how amazing Sarah is. She was the best wedding coordinator we could have hired. We used her as our "month of" coordinator and she exceeded every expectation I had for her. We had a meeting one month prior to our wedding date so she... Read More

could essentially take over. She asked me roughly 200 questions and I will never forget one question in particular: "What would you and Michael like to drink at your head table when you enter the reception?". This question alone told me she thought of literally every single aspect of the wedding and really made sure the bride and groom were well taken care of. She talked to all vendors from the month prior up to the wedding and allowed myself and my family to relax and enjoy the entire weekend. She also made the entire timeline for everyone involved and made "to do" lists to keep my husband and I on track so we could enjoy the week leading up to the wedding. The day of the wedding she fixed every "crisis" within minutes - like my cathedral veil ripping right down the middle prior to my mom putting it in for the first time. She kept everything running on time and easily grabbed my husband and I when it was time for cake cutting, garter toss, etc. Sarah said over and over again the bride and groom are the most important people of the day, but I'd say Sarah was the most important part of our day! I couldn't imagine having my wedding without her, she was amazing!!

Reviewed on 11/29/2017 Breanna W

Sarah and Christina are POWERHOUSES. Can't imagine my wedding day without these two! Every anxiety, every detail, large or small, they had it handled. In the month leading up to the wedding, I was feeling beyond overwhelmed. Then Sarah and Christina took over and a weight was... Read More lifted off my shoulders. It was so important to my now-husband and I that our friends and families were stress-free and had a great time at the wedding. Sarah and Christina made that possible. They're kind, approachable, exquisitely organized, and most of all, hard-working. What sets Quintessential apart from the rest is that they're not only passionate about wedding planning but about the couples they serve. Beyond grateful for Sarah and Christina and their talents for making my wedding day a total dream!!!

Reviewed on 11/28/2017 Kathy F

As the mother of the bride, I cannot express enough gratitude to Sarah for her hard work. She made my daughter's wedding everything my daughter hoped for, and everything I needed. Because of her, I was able to just focus on my daughter and thoroughly enjoy this most special... Read More day. I even surprised myself at how little stress I experienced because of my confidence in Sarah's dependability. Few people find a calling, but I believe Sarah found hers. She is a truly special person, who puts her heart and soul into making people feel their own uniqueness on their most special of days. Wedding details matter, and nothing was to small to matter to her. She truly cares!

Reviewed on 11/28/2017 Diane R

Amazing. One of the best vendors we hired for our day. SO ORGANIZED. These are some things that describe Sarah and reasons why you should not hesitate to hire her. My fiancé and I hired Sarah for the day of package and wow, it was money incredibly well spent. Once we had our 30... Read More day planning meeting, Sarah basically took over all things wedding we no longer had time for at that point. During our initial planning meeting she not only asked us everything possible that she could need to know about our wedding (guests that might need to be politely declined bar service, family dynamics, etc ...), she also really dug in and got the essence of the vibe we wanted for the day. You name it, Sarah thought of it, asked about it and had it covered in an effort to truly make sure she knew every detail of how we imagined our day going. She took over communication with vendors, scheduled final planning meetings with them, attended final meetings with us, gave us a to-do list to keep us on track for the last 30 days, created an extremely detailed and amazing timeline for the day of and was constantly available and quick to respond to questions we had. She truly thought of everything down to the last detail that we would need to decide on or plan for that day and it was included in our to do list for the last 30 days. Without it, we would have had some major forgotten touches that made the day so special. And I cannot stress how amazing the timeline was. From the time our rehearsal started Friday, to the end of the reception Saturday, Sarah had thought and planned for where every family member, bridesmaid, groomsmen and vendor would be. It was even broken down into different versions for family, bridesmaids, groomsmen and each vendor and was invaluable on the day of for organizing lots of groups of people. It was obvious how committed Sarah was to making everything perfect. And that was all before the wedding weekend. On our wedding weekend, Sarah was AMAZING. She perfectly orchestrated our rehearsal and set our minds at ease knowing all would go according to plan the next day. On wedding day, Sarah ensured that all vendors, family and bridal party members were where they needed to be, when they needed to be. She set up table decor and favors all while making sure everything was just right to match my vision and made sure our ceremony went off without a hitch. She even delivered our gifts, some slices of cake and a meal for each of us to our suite to come back to after our reception ended. Those kinds of touches made Sarah so amazing. Not only did she make sure everything at the ceremony and reception ran perfectly, she pampered us even after the night ended and was always going above and beyond what we expected. Bottom line, Sarah is truly amazing at what she does and I cannot say enough good things about her. I cannot imagine having not hired her because even being fairly organized myself, Sarah blew us away with her organization and commitment to making our day perfect. My family is still raving about her as well. Do yourself a favor and hire Sarah if you want to be less stressed and have a perfect wedding.

Reviewed on 11/20/2017 Lauren P

Sarah is a must if you want your wedding to be absolutely flawless! Sarah has such an amazing eye, and was truly what made our wedding a cut above the rest. She was 100% dedicated to me throughout all the planning and the day of the wedding. She has worked with THE BEST wedding... Read More vendors in kc and it shows. Every one of my vendors loved working with her, and she knows exactly who to recommend based on your style. I don’t know what I would have done without her, but I’m so incredibly blessed she was a part of our special day.

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Leslie M

Three words: Sarah is AMAZING!!!!!! To preface this post - I was an out of town bride (living in Houston, TX) planning my wedding in Kansas City in less than 7 months. Planning a wedding is hard, but planning from out of state is even harder! Even though I can be a... Read More perfectionist, I knew I had to have help and Sarah was recommended to us. We met with Sarah first, and I immediately knew that we had to hire her... which was one of the best decisions that we made!! Sarah just "gets it" and is on top of her game. Plus she is just a really cool person to be around!! I felt like she had been my friend for years! Sarah focused on bringing our vision to life and doing that in the best way possible within our budget. She does a great job of providing input and fresh ideas, being organized and straightforward, etc. without being pushy. I love and requested knowing ALL of the details (particularly being out of state) during the planning, and she was so patient in providing EVERY detail to me via email or phone call so that I was in the loop and aware of every step/progress. She has awesome ideas, and has thought through every detail, logistic, etc. to make your wedding day the most seamless that it can be. Our wedding day seemed seamless to my husband and I - and I know that was because of Sarah!! Our wedding was a dream and we cannot thank you enough for everything!!

Reviewed on 9/08/2017 Christopher B

Sarah was truly phenomenal from start to finish to make the wedding planning process as painless as possible. Beyond the fact that she's incredibly detail oriented (thinking of details for the day of that needed to be worked out that we couldn't have possibly thought of... Read More ourselves), she genuinely cared about us as a couple and wanted to accommodate our every need where possible. She did a terrific job recommending us an incredible photographer (which we were terrible at identifying ourselves), videographer, and caterer for the event. The band she found and signed up for us was absolutely amazing and made our wedding night truly special. Every detail from start to finish, Sarah made come to life. Truly an unforgettable night; thank you Sarah! Can't recommend her enough.

Reviewed on 8/29/2017 Stephen C

Wow! Where to begin... Our wedding simply could not have been imagined, planned or executed without Sarah. We hired her 11 months before our date and she was there for us during every stage of the process. We had a vision about what we wanted... seemingly crazy requests she... Read More had never even heard of before (profiterole-covered cake, flower parrots, acrobats, farewell balloon drop?!) and she made it happen. Her resources and knowledge of the KC wedding industry were truly invaluable. She allowed us to have a stress-free experience and simply enjoy our time with each other, our friends, and families. On the big day, the only thing we had to do was show up and get dressed. That's it! Seriously. Zero stress. Our wedding was a major production—literally, a live, dinner-theater stage production—and it went off without a hitch! She helped pull off the most captivating, spectacular, and unforgettable event for our guests, but more importantly... for us. Initially, we had doubts about spending extra money on a planner, but in hindsight, we would have been fools not to hire Sarah. She's worth every penny. Quite frankly, she should be charging double for as hard as she works. Do yourself and future spouse the biggest favor for your big day. Hire. Her. Now.

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Kendyll S

I don't have enough wonderful things to say about Sarah. She was my right hand throughout the wedding planning process. She made sure I didn't stress about the little things because she handled it all! As a bride planning a wedding in another state, she was a blessing. The most... Read More memorable time she saved me was on our wedding day. I got a nose bleed right after the first dance from allergies (no, I didn't get an elbow to the nose haha). Blood was all over my dress - awful! She took me to the bridal suite and got every bit of blood off the dress with club soda and a tide to go pen. She quite literally saved the day. If you're a bride and you're deciding if a planner is worth the money, she is. If you're between Sarah and anyone else out there, she's the obvious choice. I'm forever thankful and grateful to her for the absolute best day of my life.

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Laura R

Hiring Sarah was one of the best decisions we made throughout the wedding planning process. Upon our first meeting she spent hours asking not only about every little detail of our vision for the wedding, but about us as a couple and our families. She truly understood who we... Read More were and what we wanted for our wedding day. Wedding planning was not my favorite activity, so the moment in which a vendor asked for yet another detail and Sarah said "don't worry, I got it from here" was such an incredible relief. I have no doubt that hiring her not only saved my sanity but probably my husband's and family's as well.

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Ashley H

Sarah was by far the BEST decision we made for planning the wedding of our dreams! From the beginning, Sarah asked tons of questions, documenting every little thought and detail and then in return gave us suggestions and ideas for possible vendors to use. We worked closely with... Read More her entrusting her skills as a professional and ultimately let her take complete control! She communicated along the way and never missed a beat. Planning and organizing without us worrying about a thing during our wedding weekend! She is extremely professional and knows the business inside and out! From little details about personalizing goodie bags for my daughters, to orchestrating a detailed timeline for every vendor and us. She is the real deal and we loved working with her!

Reviewed on 8/09/2017 Meg M

Sarah is an amazing wedding planner. She took all the stress off of me (MOB) and my daughter. She worked hand in hand with us throughout the entire journey. The results of my daughter's wedding were amazing!!! The day of the wedding I did not have to do a thing, but enjoy the... Read More day! From beginning to end she was organized, and gave exceptional advice and service!!! We could not have done it with out her!

Reviewed on 7/03/2017 Rachel N

Sarah was the absolute best decision we made when planning our wedding! We did the month of planning and everything was perfect. From managing the various vendors, to creating the timeline, to just being the support and encouragement we needed, she was always there. We highly... Read More recommend Sarah and Quintessential Events!

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Mali G

Sarah is nothing short of amazing. I don't know how she was able to coordinate all of our quirky (and last minute) requests and make everything look seamless, but she did. We got so many compliments from our guests at how beautiful the ceremony and reception were, and how... Read More everything went off without a hitch. I know that there must have been a lot going on behind the scenes, but Sarah never let me worry about a thing. As someone who is normally anxious on a good day, and who planned her wedding from out of state- having someone as calm and capable and easy going as Sarah to manage all the details was a GOD send. If you are getting married and want to be a guest at your own wedding without having to stress about a thing, Sarah is your girl

Reviewed on 4/30/2017 Adrian P

I can't say enough about how amazing it was to work with Sarah. Hiring her was seriously the best investment we made in our wedding. Our wedding venue did not provide anyone to help on the day of the wedding, so we knew early on in the planning process that we'd need to hire a... Read More day-of-coordinator. Sarah was recommended to us by friends who'd hired her for their wedding. We saw what a great job she did with their wedding, so from the beginning of our search for a coordinator, she was at the top of our list. We were also planning our wedding from out of state, so the fact that her day-of-coordination package included her services for an entire month ahead of the wedding day, was what officially made her the best person for the job. It meant she was able to handle all of the things we weren't able to do because we lived out of town. Even though we only hired her for her day-of coordination services, Sarah was gracious enough to offer her advice and to recommend vendors even before our 30-day contract kicked in. She was always available via email and her responses always came within a matter of hours, if not immediately. Once our 30-day contract kicked in, Sarah took the reigns and made the final month of planning a breeze. We handed over all of our vendor info and she took over as the primary contact for them. She gave us a to-do list and kept track of everything we accomplished and still needed to complete which definitely reduced my stress level because I knew someone else had a handle on everything, and having a to-do list kept me from getting overwhelmed. She and I were in contact on almost a daily basis throughout the month leading up to our wedding day. While I had a vision for our wedding and managed to do most of the planning, it was things like coordinating our vendors and figuring out the day-of timeline that stressed me out the most, so having Sarah there to take over both of those duties was exactly what I needed. She was very efficient and has tons of experience with weddings so she knew exactly how to execute the day. Once our wedding day arrived, we knew that with Sarah in charge, it was going to be smooth-sailing. I can honestly say that I was completely relaxed on our wedding day and I didn't worry at all about our vendors or whether the wedding would go off without a hitch. I knew Sarah had it in control. I truly was able to enjoy our wedding as if I were a guest at the party. Sarah was able to take my vision and turn it into something absolutely beautiful. I gave her free reign when it came to some of our décor and she made our venue look even better than I could've imagined. She even managed to find an extra boutonnière for our officiant, which I'd forgotten to order and hadn't even noticed we were missing. It's that attention to detail and her ability to create a smooth and enjoyable day for the bride, groom, wedding party and all of the guests that makes her a top-notch planner and coordinator. I can't say enough about how great it was to have Sarah on our team. After working so closely with her for such a long time, I also feel like we built a friendship and I actually miss talking to her on a regular basis now that our wedding is over. I would recommend Sarah and Quintessential Events to anyone in need of a coordinator or planner. She is absolutely worth the investment and you will not regret hiring her for your wedding.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Andrea A

First, I need to talk about me. I am a field grade officer in the US Army. I have attended numerous military schools and training exercises. I have also earned a MBA. Needless to say, I have been apart of countless military exercises requiring detailed planning of troop movement... Read More and military equipment, specifically critical in times of war. We hired Sara for reception space decorating and as the coordinator for the day of our wedding. Sara did an amazing job converting our vision of the reception space into a picture perfect incredibly beautiful wedding venue. I could not have asked for anything more. Sara meet every request and even provided recommendation on how to improve our wedding plan. The day of our wedding was perfect. Sara coordinated with all vendors to arrive and set up as needed. We had additional requirements of a Mariachi band and traditional Mexican dancers performing during our reception. Sara coordinated all events to function without error. The wedding day flowed seamlessly. Sara is easy to talk to and she often shared the same level of excited I had for our wedding day. Sara performs her job with the utmost level of professionalism. She is very passionate about her job. Her level of communication and planning are comparable to some of the finest US Army officers I have had the pleasure working with throughout my career. I would not hesitate to hire Sara for an event.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Laurel M

Sarah was beyond amazing. We already recommended her to a friend! Our wedding was not an easy one to execute – we had two ceremonies and planned it from out of town, but Sarah put us at ease immediately. I’ve known Sarah for years and already knew she had a terrific work... Read More ethic, but my husband and I were blown away by her attention to detail, overall knowledge and fantastic ideas! When we met a month before the wedding, she thought of everything, bringing up details we never would have discussed! Sarah was a great communicator, with both our vendors, and us, and she gave us so much peace of mind before the wedding, which was worth it all on it’s own. When it came to our weekend everything was perfect! Sarah was attentive and focused on us while dealing with every little detail. We were able to just enjoy the day! I don’t even want to imagine all the extra stress we would have had if it weren’t for Sarah making our wedding day perfect. We highly, highly recommend Sarah!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Meng G

Sarah did the full planning for our wedding and hiring her was one of the best decisions I've made in the entire planning process! Both my husband and I live out of town and work long hours with almost no time and energy dedicated to wedding planning. Sarah took all of the... Read More stress away! She planned every SINGLE detail and went above and beyond our expectations. Not only was our wedding day perfect, the planning process as also as stress free as possible. Sarah is very communicative and efficient, two qualities I highly appreciate. I often work long and unpredictable hours but she was always able to work around my schedule and coordinate with other vendors. Sarah is also great at following up and giving honest opinions - especially around budgeting. Most importantly, Sarah is personally invested in her clients and really takes the time to get to know them and what they want. We got to know each other well during the planning process and she is like a big sister I never had - fun, sincere, chill and energetic at the same time. I cannot say enough good things about Sarah and the service she provided. I would definitely use her again for other event planning needs!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Brittany B

As a bride planning an interfaith wedding from the East Coast, I can't imagine going through this crazy planning process with anyone else. When I got engaged, I called many planners in the KC area. Sarah's witty, fun, and calm demeanor made her an easy choice. I recall getting... Read More a ton of ideas from her just from our initial 30 minute chat! Plus, as a teacher, I recognized another type-A hyper-organized person, when I heard one. Sarah is the person you don't just need to plan your wedding, you WANT her to plan your wedding. Sarah set up a week of whirlwind tour of vendor meetings for my fiance when we were back in KC that set a strong foundation for our wedding. She worked overtime for us, and was constantly available via email, phone, or text. Though my wedding is still months away, I am confident that it will go off without any issues, and that will definitely be because of Sarah's attention to every little detail. Thank you Sarah; you're the best!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Tracy F

We did the day of coordination which actually starts the month before the wedding. Sarah had great referrals for hair, makeup and florist which we used. I knew we wanted to use a wedding planner after meeting with our venue. She did an excellent job getting the venue manager... Read More in line and everything ran smoothly. About two weeks out from our wedding my grandpa passed away and the funeral was the week of the wedding. Obviously during that time my mind was not focused on the wedding. Without Sarah I think I would have been lost. She worked with all the vendors and had everything lined up without me having to do anything or think about it during my time of mourning. I would have never thought of having a minute to minute timeline but it was definitely needed with so many people involved. We also had tons of decorations and items for the wedding and reception, Sarah picked them all up for us and delivered them to the venue along with my wedding dress. Not having to worry about decorating and hauling my dress around allowed me to be stressed free. Our wedding turned out to be beautiful and we had such a wonderful time. Our friends continue to tell us what a blast they had. I would highly recommend Quintessential Events for your big day.

Sarah Quinlivan

Sarah Quinlivan, the founder of Quintessential Events, started Quintessential Events in 2015 with the mission of providing every couple with a stress-free, unforgettable day. Sarah takes the time to understand her couples, and loves creating events that are uniquely them. We believe this approach along with superior organizational skills, a straight to the point communication style and a down-to-earth demeanor are what sets Sarah and Quintessential Events apart.