Stress-Free, Detail-Focused Wedding Planning

Planning a wedding can be overwhelming! You shouldn’t be worried about creating a timeline or if all your vendors are where they need to be. You should be enjoying getting married. That's where I come in! My focus is to help you not stress. It is to take care of the small details so you can enjoy getting married.

Engagement Party, Getting Engaged, After Party, Bachelorette Party, Bridal Luncheon, Bridal Shower, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Day After Brunch, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

Kansas City-based | Plans events nationwide (785) 331-6676
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 8/29/2017 Stephen C

Wow! Where to begin... Our wedding simply could not have been imagined, planned or executed without Sarah. We hired her 11 months before our date and she was there for us during every stage of the process. We had a vision about what we wanted... seemingly crazy requests she... Read More had never even heard of before (profiterole-covered cake, flower parrots, acrobats, farewell balloon drop?!) and she made it happen. Her resources and knowledge of the KC wedding industry were truly invaluable. She allowed us to have a stress-free experience and simply enjoy our time with each other, our friends, and families. On the big day, the only thing we had to do was show up and get dressed. That's it! Seriously. Zero stress. Our wedding was a major production—literally, a live, dinner-theater stage production—and it went off without a hitch! She helped pull off the most captivating, spectacular, and unforgettable event for our guests, but more importantly... for us. Initially, we had doubts about spending extra money on a planner, but in hindsight, we would have been fools not to hire Sarah. She's worth every penny. Quite frankly, she should be charging double for as hard as she works. Do yourself and future spouse the biggest favor for your big day. Hire. Her. Now.

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Leslie M

Three words: Sarah is AMAZING!!!!!! To preface this post - I was an out of town bride (living in Houston, TX) planning my wedding in Kansas City in less than 7 months. Planning a wedding is hard, but planning from out of state is even harder! Even though I can be a... Read More perfectionist, I knew I had to have help and Sarah was recommended to us. We met with Sarah first, and I immediately knew that we had to hire her... which was one of the best decisions that we made!! Sarah just "gets it" and is on top of her game. Plus she is just a really cool person to be around!! I felt like she had been my friend for years! Sarah focused on bringing our vision to life and doing that in the best way possible within our budget. She does a great job of providing input and fresh ideas, being organized and straightforward, etc. without being pushy. I love and requested knowing ALL of the details (particularly being out of state) during the planning, and she was so patient in providing EVERY detail to me via email or phone call so that I was in the loop and aware of every step/progress. She has awesome ideas, and has thought through every detail, logistic, etc. to make your wedding day the most seamless that it can be. Our wedding day seemed seamless to my husband and I - and I know that was because of Sarah!! Our wedding was a dream and we cannot thank you enough for everything!!

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Ashley H

Sarah was by far the BEST decision we made for planning the wedding of our dreams! From the beginning, Sarah asked tons of questions, documenting every little thought and detail and then in return gave us suggestions and ideas for possible vendors to use. We worked closely with... Read More her entrusting her skills as a professional and ultimately let her take complete control! She communicated along the way and never missed a beat. Planning and organizing without us worrying about a thing during our wedding weekend! She is extremely professional and knows the business inside and out! From little details about personalizing goodie bags for my daughters, to orchestrating a detailed timeline for every vendor and us. She is the real deal and we loved working with her!

Reviewed on 9/08/2017 Christopher B

Sarah was truly phenomenal from start to finish to make the wedding planning process as painless as possible. Beyond the fact that she's incredibly detail oriented (thinking of details for the day of that needed to be worked out that we couldn't have possibly thought of... Read More ourselves), she genuinely cared about us as a couple and wanted to accommodate our every need where possible. She did a terrific job recommending us an incredible photographer (which we were terrible at identifying ourselves), videographer, and caterer for the event. The band she found and signed up for us was absolutely amazing and made our wedding night truly special. Every detail from start to finish, Sarah made come to life. Truly an unforgettable night; thank you Sarah! Can't recommend her enough.

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Kendyll S

I don't have enough wonderful things to say about Sarah. She was my right hand throughout the wedding planning process. She made sure I didn't stress about the little things because she handled it all! As a bride planning a wedding in another state, she was a blessing. The most... Read More memorable time she saved me was on our wedding day. I got a nose bleed right after the first dance from allergies (no, I didn't get an elbow to the nose haha). Blood was all over my dress - awful! She took me to the bridal suite and got every bit of blood off the dress with club soda and a tide to go pen. She quite literally saved the day. If you're a bride and you're deciding if a planner is worth the money, she is. If you're between Sarah and anyone else out there, she's the obvious choice. I'm forever thankful and grateful to her for the absolute best day of my life.

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Laura R

Hiring Sarah was one of the best decisions we made throughout the wedding planning process. Upon our first meeting she spent hours asking not only about every little detail of our vision for the wedding, but about us as a couple and our families. She truly understood who we... Read More were and what we wanted for our wedding day. Wedding planning was not my favorite activity, so the moment in which a vendor asked for yet another detail and Sarah said "don't worry, I got it from here" was such an incredible relief. I have no doubt that hiring her not only saved my sanity but probably my husband's and family's as well.

Reviewed on 8/09/2017 Meg M

Sarah is an amazing wedding planner. She took all the stress off of me (MOB) and my daughter. She worked hand in hand with us throughout the entire journey. The results of my daughter's wedding were amazing!!! The day of the wedding I did not have to do a thing, but enjoy the... Read More day! From beginning to end she was organized, and gave exceptional advice and service!!! We could not have done it with out her!

Reviewed on 7/03/2017 Rachel N

Sarah was the absolute best decision we made when planning our wedding! We did the month of planning and everything was perfect. From managing the various vendors, to creating the timeline, to just being the support and encouragement we needed, she was always there. We highly... Read More recommend Sarah and Quintessential Events!

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Mali G

Sarah is nothing short of amazing. I don't know how she was able to coordinate all of our quirky (and last minute) requests and make everything look seamless, but she did. We got so many compliments from our guests at how beautiful the ceremony and reception were, and how... Read More everything went off without a hitch. I know that there must have been a lot going on behind the scenes, but Sarah never let me worry about a thing. As someone who is normally anxious on a good day, and who planned her wedding from out of state- having someone as calm and capable and easy going as Sarah to manage all the details was a GOD send. If you are getting married and want to be a guest at your own wedding without having to stress about a thing, Sarah is your girl

Reviewed on 4/30/2017 Adrian P

I can't say enough about how amazing it was to work with Sarah. Hiring her was seriously the best investment we made in our wedding. Our wedding venue did not provide anyone to help on the day of the wedding, so we knew early on in the planning process that we'd need to hire a... Read More day-of-coordinator. Sarah was recommended to us by friends who'd hired her for their wedding. We saw what a great job she did with their wedding, so from the beginning of our search for a coordinator, she was at the top of our list. We were also planning our wedding from out of state, so the fact that her day-of-coordination package included her services for an entire month ahead of the wedding day, was what officially made her the best person for the job. It meant she was able to handle all of the things we weren't able to do because we lived out of town. Even though we only hired her for her day-of coordination services, Sarah was gracious enough to offer her advice and to recommend vendors even before our 30-day contract kicked in. She was always available via email and her responses always came within a matter of hours, if not immediately. Once our 30-day contract kicked in, Sarah took the reigns and made the final month of planning a breeze. We handed over all of our vendor info and she took over as the primary contact for them. She gave us a to-do list and kept track of everything we accomplished and still needed to complete which definitely reduced my stress level because I knew someone else had a handle on everything, and having a to-do list kept me from getting overwhelmed. She and I were in contact on almost a daily basis throughout the month leading up to our wedding day. While I had a vision for our wedding and managed to do most of the planning, it was things like coordinating our vendors and figuring out the day-of timeline that stressed me out the most, so having Sarah there to take over both of those duties was exactly what I needed. She was very efficient and has tons of experience with weddings so she knew exactly how to execute the day. Once our wedding day arrived, we knew that with Sarah in charge, it was going to be smooth-sailing. I can honestly say that I was completely relaxed on our wedding day and I didn't worry at all about our vendors or whether the wedding would go off without a hitch. I knew Sarah had it in control. I truly was able to enjoy our wedding as if I were a guest at the party. Sarah was able to take my vision and turn it into something absolutely beautiful. I gave her free reign when it came to some of our décor and she made our venue look even better than I could've imagined. She even managed to find an extra boutonnière for our officiant, which I'd forgotten to order and hadn't even noticed we were missing. It's that attention to detail and her ability to create a smooth and enjoyable day for the bride, groom, wedding party and all of the guests that makes her a top-notch planner and coordinator. I can't say enough about how great it was to have Sarah on our team. After working so closely with her for such a long time, I also feel like we built a friendship and I actually miss talking to her on a regular basis now that our wedding is over. I would recommend Sarah and Quintessential Events to anyone in need of a coordinator or planner. She is absolutely worth the investment and you will not regret hiring her for your wedding.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Andrea A

First, I need to talk about me. I am a field grade officer in the US Army. I have attended numerous military schools and training exercises. I have also earned a MBA. Needless to say, I have been apart of countless military exercises requiring detailed planning of troop movement... Read More and military equipment, specifically critical in times of war. We hired Sara for reception space decorating and as the coordinator for the day of our wedding. Sara did an amazing job converting our vision of the reception space into a picture perfect incredibly beautiful wedding venue. I could not have asked for anything more. Sara meet every request and even provided recommendation on how to improve our wedding plan. The day of our wedding was perfect. Sara coordinated with all vendors to arrive and set up as needed. We had additional requirements of a Mariachi band and traditional Mexican dancers performing during our reception. Sara coordinated all events to function without error. The wedding day flowed seamlessly. Sara is easy to talk to and she often shared the same level of excited I had for our wedding day. Sara performs her job with the utmost level of professionalism. She is very passionate about her job. Her level of communication and planning are comparable to some of the finest US Army officers I have had the pleasure working with throughout my career. I would not hesitate to hire Sara for an event.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Laurel M

Sarah was beyond amazing. We already recommended her to a friend! Our wedding was not an easy one to execute – we had two ceremonies and planned it from out of town, but Sarah put us at ease immediately. I’ve known Sarah for years and already knew she had a terrific work... Read More ethic, but my husband and I were blown away by her attention to detail, overall knowledge and fantastic ideas! When we met a month before the wedding, she thought of everything, bringing up details we never would have discussed! Sarah was a great communicator, with both our vendors, and us, and she gave us so much peace of mind before the wedding, which was worth it all on it’s own. When it came to our weekend everything was perfect! Sarah was attentive and focused on us while dealing with every little detail. We were able to just enjoy the day! I don’t even want to imagine all the extra stress we would have had if it weren’t for Sarah making our wedding day perfect. We highly, highly recommend Sarah!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Meng G

Sarah did the full planning for our wedding and hiring her was one of the best decisions I've made in the entire planning process! Both my husband and I live out of town and work long hours with almost no time and energy dedicated to wedding planning. Sarah took all of the... Read More stress away! She planned every SINGLE detail and went above and beyond our expectations. Not only was our wedding day perfect, the planning process as also as stress free as possible. Sarah is very communicative and efficient, two qualities I highly appreciate. I often work long and unpredictable hours but she was always able to work around my schedule and coordinate with other vendors. Sarah is also great at following up and giving honest opinions - especially around budgeting. Most importantly, Sarah is personally invested in her clients and really takes the time to get to know them and what they want. We got to know each other well during the planning process and she is like a big sister I never had - fun, sincere, chill and energetic at the same time. I cannot say enough good things about Sarah and the service she provided. I would definitely use her again for other event planning needs!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Brittany B

As a bride planning an interfaith wedding from the East Coast, I can't imagine going through this crazy planning process with anyone else. When I got engaged, I called many planners in the KC area. Sarah's witty, fun, and calm demeanor made her an easy choice. I recall getting... Read More a ton of ideas from her just from our initial 30 minute chat! Plus, as a teacher, I recognized another type-A hyper-organized person, when I heard one. Sarah is the person you don't just need to plan your wedding, you WANT her to plan your wedding. Sarah set up a week of whirlwind tour of vendor meetings for my fiance when we were back in KC that set a strong foundation for our wedding. She worked overtime for us, and was constantly available via email, phone, or text. Though my wedding is still months away, I am confident that it will go off without any issues, and that will definitely be because of Sarah's attention to every little detail. Thank you Sarah; you're the best!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Tracy F

We did the day of coordination which actually starts the month before the wedding. Sarah had great referrals for hair, makeup and florist which we used. I knew we wanted to use a wedding planner after meeting with our venue. She did an excellent job getting the venue manager... Read More in line and everything ran smoothly. About two weeks out from our wedding my grandpa passed away and the funeral was the week of the wedding. Obviously during that time my mind was not focused on the wedding. Without Sarah I think I would have been lost. She worked with all the vendors and had everything lined up without me having to do anything or think about it during my time of mourning. I would have never thought of having a minute to minute timeline but it was definitely needed with so many people involved. We also had tons of decorations and items for the wedding and reception, Sarah picked them all up for us and delivered them to the venue along with my wedding dress. Not having to worry about decorating and hauling my dress around allowed me to be stressed free. Our wedding turned out to be beautiful and we had such a wonderful time. Our friends continue to tell us what a blast they had. I would highly recommend Quintessential Events for your big day.

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Tracy F

Reviewed on 8/20/2016 Mimsy W

I had planned every little detail for my wedding, but realized that I really didn't have anyone to execute all the little things the day of the wedding. So, about 6 weeks before the big day, my mom mentioned to me that she thought it would be a great idea to hire a day-of... Read More wedding coordinator to help with everything, and I'm so happy we did! I found Sarah on theknot.com, and she was one of 5 other businesses that I contacted by email or online contact forms. She emailed me back almost immediately which impressed me, and I happily came to find out that she responds just as quick to all emails, texts and phone calls! After we met in person, we clicked immediately, and I knew she was the one to help coordinate my wedding. Sarah's day-of services actually start the month prior, and since she was out of town exactly one month prior to the wedding, so she "started" a few days before that. Let's just say that last month (and a couple of days) was an absolute breeze for me, my husband and my family. Sarah went above and beyond on everything she did, including (but not limited to) working with all my vendors to finalize everything, writing minute-by-minute schedules for everyone involved with the wedding, reminded me of things that I still needed to do, did things for my parents (especially when my grandmother went into a nursing home 2 weeks prior to the wedding and my mom went into the hospital a week before the wedding), picked up my wedding dress and dropped it off to the hotel, set out all of the programs on each individual seat at the ceremony, greeted guests as they came into the ceremony (we didn't have ushers), set out all the place cards at the reception, set up any decor that our florist didn't handle, took care of some hotel problems we were having, took care of any "day of" problems that came up (I still don't know about most of them), took extra care to make sure every table at the reception was perfect, took all of the presents and any decor items we had and delivered them to my parents house the day after the wedding so we didn't have to worry about them the night of the wedding, and the list goes on and on. Some other things she is great at: extremely organized, doesn't get stressed, knows how to handle all kinds of situations, and overtly nice (everyone loved her!). Overall I can say that I'm so happy that we hired her (and that she's now one of my friends!), and I would tell anyone who is looking for a day-of/month-of coordinator, or a full wedding planner, Sarah is your gal!

Reviewed on 2/02/2016 Erin Z

The thing that makes Sarah the BEST event planner is her ability to turn little details into an exceptional experience. She genuinely listens to her clients dreams, visions and hopes--every detail, no matter how small--and works hand-in-hand with them bringing to life an... Read More unforgettable event. Sarah has planned two very special events for me, including an engagement party and shower. We now have memories that will be cherished forever because of how she brought the parties to life. For both events, Sarah organized a soiree with special touches all over the place. After talking through a vision, she brought to life a theme for each and helped carry it through in every detail (from invitations to food). She really understood my style and was able to help bring it to life within my budget. I can't thank Sarah enough for her creativity, vision and honesty--all of which helped make my events spectacular!

Reviewed on 1/24/2016 Amanda D

My bachelorette party is something I will never forget. Of course there was wild crazy fun that was had... However, the reason I have not forgotten this night is because of the forethought that went into planning this. We all felt like the red carpet had been rolled out for... Read More us. I had a lot of friends flying in from all over the country so we decided to make a combo bridal shower/ bachelorette weekend in Kansas City. Sarah with Quintessential Events was in charge of the evening festivities. I was kept out of the loop of what was happening so I was surprised when we drove up to Bluestem. This is an upscale restaurant that serves 5-7 course meals with wine parings. We had multiple, tastefully decorated tables that seated all 20 of us comfortably. As soon as we were seated we had two dedicated wait staff collecting our drink orders. Then appetizer after appetizer started coming and the food was delicious. All of my friends were so impressed and were able to relax and enjoy this time without thinking about what to order, how much it costs, or who was going to cover my tab. The girls talked about the beverage and appetizer parings for weeks. After all of the lingerie was unwrapped, appetites were satiated, and spirits were consumed it was time to move to the next destination. Our transportation arrived without anyone having to worry about how to get to our next location. Our drivers took us to a very special place to me, the Levee. This is where my husband proposed to me. The bouncer was aware we were coming and quickly let us bypass the line to take a place at the front of the dance area. We danced the night away to the fabulous band and were driven safely home. Every aspect of the night was well thought out and planned. My best friends and I were very well taken care of and didn't worry about a thing. We were able to focus on a fabulous night out with each other! None of this would have been possible without Sarah.

Reviewed on 12/26/2015 Teal B

Could not have gotten married without this lady!! I was the type of bride that did not want to spend any extra money on hiring a coordinator, but you have no idea how much you need Sarah until you pull the trigger and have her on board. I hired her for the one-month package and... Read More would do it all over again without question. Peace of mind and having someone to make the wedding day timeline and be in charge of the "flow" the night of the wedding was worth the price several times over. You will not regret hiring Sarah and I can't stress that enough. Especially coming from me, a bride that did so much planning and work already before I hired her. There is so much going on with vendors and such the day of the wedding and I did not have to worry about a thing because of Sarah! And neither did my mom, husband, whoever. She had answers to everything and made sure everyone and every vendor was on the same page. I know for a fact my wedding day would not have been as carefree and seamless without her. Me and my husband cannot stop talking about how essential she was to our perfect day. I met with Sarah several times leading up to the wedding to discuss vision, flow, drinks, etc., so you definitely get your investment's worth. Thank you so much for helping make our day so memorable!

Sarah Quinlivan

Sarah Quinlivan, the founder of Quintessential Events, has been involved in planning events and weddings since she was a teenager. In 2015, she started Quintessential Events with the mission of providing every couple with the same experience she had when she got married - a stress-free, unforgettable day. Sarah takes the time to understand her couples. We believe this approach along with superior superior organizational skills, straight to the point communication style and down to earth demeanor are what sets Sarah and Quintessential Events apart. That and her sense of humor and love for hugs!