Book Your Wedding with Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel

A BALLROOM IN SCRANTON, PA

The Radisson Lackawanna Train Station Hotel is a three-star hotel in Scranton, Pennsylvania. Formerly the Delaware, Lackawanna and Western Railroad Station, the six-story, 146-room hotel now stands in its place. As a wedding venue, the Radisson Lackawanna Train Station Hotel has around 10 event spaces for wedding events of varying sizes, including a grand ballroom that measures more than 5,400 square feet in floor area.

Part of the Radisson chain of hotels, the Lackawanna Train Station hotel has consistently earned high ratings for its excellent location and unique design. The hotel's architects and designers have successfully restored the building's neoclassical structure and decor, with much of its original clocks, doors, fountains and stairs. The Radisson Lackawanna Train Station Hotel provides you an ideal venue if you prefer a turn-of-the-century metropolitan America as a backdrop for your wedding celebrations.

The following are some of the event spaces for wedding events at the Radisson Lackawanna Train Station Hotel.

The Grand Ballroom. The largest event space in the hotel with 5,460 square feet in floor area, it accommodates up to 600 guests with a banquet-style reception, 450 guests with a dance floor along with the banquet setup and up to 1,000 guests with a standing reception.

Ballrooms I, II or III. These three event spaces are smaller configurations of the Grand Ballroom. Ballroom I has a floor area of 1,768 square feet, Ballroom II has 1,758 and Ballroom III has 1,924. Ballrooms I, III and III accommodate up to 80 guests with a banquet-style layout each. For a standing cocktail reception, Ballrooms I and II accommodates up to 330 guests, while Ballroom III accommodates up to 340.

Grand Lobby Atrium. This event space also has a large floor area measuring 4,981 square feet. It accommodates up to 400 guests with a banquet-style layout, 300 guests with a dance floor along with the banquet set up and up to 1,000 guests with a standing reception.

Pre-Function Area. The Pre-Function Area adjacent to the Atrium and Ballroom works well for hospitality cocktail hours prior to wedding receptions. It accommodates up to 300 guests with a standing cocktail reception.

Platform Lounge. With a floor area of 1,584 square feet, the Platform Lounge has a maximum capacity of 80 guests with a banquet style layout, 70 guests with a dance floor along with the banquet set up and up to 250 guests with a standing cocktail reception.

Lackawanna Room. This room works for smaller wedding events with a floor area of 882 square feet. It accommodates up to 60 guests with a banquet-style layout and up to 100 guests with a standing reception.

Western Room. Measuring 598 square feet in floor area, this room accommodates up to 60 guests with a seated reception and 60 guests with a standing reception.

Delaware Room. Ideal for smaller wedding celebrations, this room accommodates up to 50 guests with a banquet style layout and up to 75 guests with a cocktail reception.

Hospitality Suite. This room also works well for hospitality cocktail hours. It measures 784 square feet in floor area and accommodates up to 70 guests with a standing reception.

The Radisson Lackawanna Train Station Hotel offers all-inclusive wedding packages for wedding ceremonies and receptions, as well as for bridal showers, luncheons and rehearsal dinners. The hotel handles all the catering and bar services for your wedding.

Apart from those already mentioned, inclusive of the fees for the venue are the following:

• Event planning professionals
  • Bride's and groom's dressing rooms
  • Menu personalization
  • Food tasting
  • Wedding cake and cake cutting
  • Signature bride and groom's cocktail
  • Event rentals
  • Audiovisual equipment
  • Lighting
  • Tables, chairs, linens, silverware and glassware
  • Venue setup and cleanup

• Newlyweds are entitled to a suite on the night of their event
  • Bride and groom get their own page on the hotel's website, where guests can gather information and make reservations
  • Block reservations are available for out-of-town guests at a discounted price

Modern History. Lifetime Memories. All For You!

If you're looking for a storybook setting for your special day, you've found it! Simple or lavish, traditional or unconventional, large or small, your day will be spectacular. For countless years, couples have chosen the Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel as the place to say "I Do". ~ Ceremonies in the Grand Station Lobby ~ Elegant Receptions of all Sizes and Styles ~ Full Service renovated hotel. 146 stylish guest rooms. ~ Grand Ballroom and other event options for 2-500 Guests! ~ Hot Dates with Friday and Sunday Special Packages & Ceremonies ~ Carmen's 2.0 Restaurant & Trax Platform Lounge ~ TAG Approved ~ Creative and Experienced Approved Modern Vendors ~ Rehearsal Dinners and Bridal Breakfasts ~ Themed Events with Horse and Carriage or Rail Ride with Steamtown NHS. Dates Go Fast!

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Hotel, Restaurant, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Shuttle Service, Transportation

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100

700 Lackawanna Avenue, Scranton, PA (570) 558-3926

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Suzanne M

We got married on September 30th and having it at the Radisson was the best decision I made!! The ceremony was right in the lobby and on paper a wedding in a hotel lobby doesn’t sound too glamorous, but believe me - it was! It was such a beautiful ceremony and the history... Read More surrounding the hotel made it that much more special. If you are having lots of out of town guests it’s the perfect location since it’s right off the highway and easy to get to. It was also wonderful having the ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, and guests rooms all under one roof. No one had to drive anywhere and Traxx bar was great for the guests to go to between the ceremony and the cocktail hour. Courtney was great to work with leading up to the day and Mary was my savior as the day of coordinator! As soon as we met Mary at our rehearsal dinner she truly made my husband and I feel as if we were the only people in the whole hotel that weekend. Louis was our personal server on the wedding day and was amazing. He made a plate of food for me at the cocktail hour since he saw I was so busy mingling with the guests and didn’t have time to eat - how amazing is that?! Furthermore, my husband had a bad cold and Louis made him tea with a shot of whisky - and kept it flowing! He even had some sent up to our suite that night. Talk about service! My mother’s table also had a dedicated server- Carole- that she raved about, too! At the end of the night the staff placed our guest book, card box, etc. in our suite so we had vertically no clean up. They even saved the centerpieces and placed them on the tables the next morning for our breakfast. They literally thought of everything to make our weekend as smooth as possible! If you are on the fence about having your wedding at the Radisson - take it from me and do it! All night my guests kept coming up to me to tell me how much they loved everything and that’s exactly what you want to hear after all the hard work you put into planning a wedding!

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Brendan F

We got married in August '17 at the Radisson and everything was absolutely perfect! We had a number of out of town family and friends and the staff at the Radisson were overly accommodating. They made sure each one of our guests felt special and got to enjoy the amazing... Read More amenities that the hotel offers. We would be remiss without giving a special shoutout to Courtney Kileen who went out of her way to ensure that all of our asks, no matter how out of the box, were taken care of with a smile. I could not recommend this venue any higher!

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Kaitlin K

We got married on New Year's Eve at the Radisson and it was hands down the best decision we made to have our wedding event there! Since we got married during the winter time, we wanted our guests to be in one location so they could enjoy the food and drink and not have to worry... Read More about driving anywhere. The decor around the holidays was absolutely spectacular and everyone commented on how wonderful it looked! The ballroom was set up perfectly and I couldn't have ask for anything better. The staff that I worked with in the sales office during our engagement were incredible. Susan was wonderful and then the coordinator, Courtney went above and beyond to ensure that everything was in place for us! She was readily available by phone or e-mail and answered every question I had. On the night of the event, Mary was at our beck-and-call to ensure that both my husband and I have food and drinks! THEN the wait staff was nothing short of spectacular. We had so many people come tell us the next morning how wonderful the staff were to them. The day was everything I dreamed it would be and I would highly recommend this venue for your wedding in Scranton!

Reviewed on 2/13/2018 Maggie M

We had a wedding of 286 guests at the Radisson in January. The views of the cocktail hour cannot compete with any other venue. I was told the appetizers around the fountain "looked like a picture from a magazine." The lines at the bars for the cocktail always seem to be backed... Read More up, which result in people ordering multiple drinks to add to the problem. The ballroom is also beautiful. It was not too crowded even with a head table and 26 other tables. The dance floor was spacious too. Being a nervous bride, I did not eat much of my dinner, but all of the other guests raved about the food (prime rib or chicken). The waitstaff was very helpful and attentive. The reception was over at 11, and although the bars closed, the staff did not kick us out of the ballroom since the DJ was still playing. The only complaint I would have is that there were many events scheduled on the same day- 4 to be exact. I felt as though the hotel could have schedule less events and provided even better service than we already did receive.

Reviewed on 1/25/2018 Elizabeth L

We had our Wedding and Rehearsal dinner here. We could not have been more pleased with the courtesy of the staff and the delicious food. This venue surpassed our expectations and we highly recommend it! The candlelit ceremony in the Grand lobby was so beautiful. We received... Read More so many compliments on the food and the lovely historic venue.

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Lynnae G

We had our wedding reception at the Radisson in August 2017. I wouldn't have changed a thing! It was great having such a reliable staff to ensure that things went smoothly. My husband and I were truly able to enjoy the day! Carol, Mary, and Luis are exceptional staff... Read More members. Not only did they make sure the newlyweds were happy, but our family, as well. Courtney, the event coordinator, was great to work with. She made the wedding planning process easier by being readily available and did what she could to accommodate special requests by the bride and groom. Overall, great experience!

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Meg B

We had our wedding here September 2017. The building is beautiful and rich in history. The banquet hall is renovated and well as the platform room. The lobby has a beautiful fountain. Carmen, the restaurant is located here. The food was delicious!! We were born near Scranton.... Read More All of our out-of-town guests were impressed with the proximity to bars, restaurants, the trolley museum, Nay Aug Park. (Everything is pretty walkable so you don't have to worry about what your guests are doing while you're taking pictures with your bridal party) The location is perfect. Courtney was our wedding planner. She was so helpful, attentive, prompt, and friendly. She did an amazing job. We were so happy with everything. We had the best day ever!

Reviewed on 10/01/2017 Tara S

We got married at the Radisson in July of this year. I worked this Courtney during our year and a half engagement. She was so great to work with! She is friendly, professional and made the whole process seamless, which is what every bride is looking for! We chose the Radisson... Read More because of the character and reputation they have, they did not disappoint! The accommodations for us, our wedding party and our friends/family were reasonably priced and gorgeous. We got ready in suite 209 ( I think it's called the hospitality suite) and it was a great spot for pictures. We also hung out here with our bridal party prior to our ceremony. There was a bar, refrigerator, couches, chairs, and a bathroom. When we checked in we were treated like royalty. The service we received at our wedding reception was amazing. I had lobster and my husband had beef filet. It was hands down the best lobster I ever had in my life. If you are looking for a great location with character and class, choose the Radisson. The food was delicious, the service was impeccable and we still are receiving compliments over how nice our wedding was. Thank you for making our wedding weekend so memorable, Courtney, you rock!

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Justine Z

Our experience at the Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel was fantastic. From the day we met with Courtney for the first time in late August of 2016 to our wedding day on 9/16/17, she was incredibly friendly and helpful. We asked a ton of questions and always got the answers back... Read More quickly. The final preparation was seamless and when small things went wrong with another of our vendors, the team helped resolve it without any stress from our part. The food is unbelievable, the venue beautiful, the team kind and helpful, and the whole experience unforgettable. While there are not many locations for outdoor pictures, the historic venue lends itself to beautiful shots inside and with a few great spots outside. Booking here was the best decision we could have made!

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Lynnae I

We had our reception at the Radisson, August 2017. They did a great job at making sure everything was set up perfectly. We were able to truly enjoy our day, knowing we can depend on their awesome staff for things to run smoothly. Mary, Carol, and Luis were exceptional staff... Read More members that made sure not only were the newlyweds happy, but our families, as well. Courtney, the event coordinator, made wedding planning easy. She was readily available throughout the whole process and was open to accommodating special requests made by the bride and groom. Wouldn't change a thing!

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Katie B

We had our wedding here Labor Day weekend. From the initial preparations and booking with Courtney through finalizing all the small details, we had an amazing experience. Courtney was so easy to work with and was so responsive to emails and phone calls. The venue was absolutely... Read More beautiful and the service was out of this world! The food and drink were top notch! So much more than we could have ever imagined! The Radisson knows what they're doing! Highly, highly recommend!

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Pat D

Everything was perfect! Courtney was a joy to work with, very helpful and organized. Courtney worked to make sure we had exactly the wedding we wanted. We had our wedding in the lobby - perfect - all of the guests commented on what a gorgeous location, and the reception... Read More flowed into the platform. The food and drinks were excellent, and everyone who worked our wedding was wonderful. We had a great time, and we'd highly recommend the Radisson to any couple!

Reviewed on 7/19/2017

Our first child and only daughter was married in May of 2017. We can't say enough about the food, service and beautiful atmosphere! Courtney our event planner was such a pleasure to work with. I can honestly say that everything was BEAUTIFUL !!! Thanks to all who helped make... Read More our daughters day so memorable!

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Erin C

Overall, our wedding day on April 29th, 2017 was amazing. The food was delicious, the staff was amazing and Mary was spectacular, and would magically appear everywhere before we even thought we needed her! Courtney our wedding planner was wonderful, answered all my emails right... Read More away as we were from out of town, and could not be at the venue often. Anything we spoke about, she made it happen! We could not have been happier overall with our day. The review is long - because we felt it fair to explain why, in the beginning, things were confusing and not executed well. Courtney, Mary, and the staff on our day were nothing short of SPECTACULAR. We could not have asked for better people to make our special day happen. However, there were some snags and communication errors upon the way that did make things stressful at times. Originally, our coordinator was Danielle ( who no longer works there and has no impact on our day). We were showed the venue, the hospitality room ( where we could get ready) and everything was wonderful. I knew I wanted to get married here so a contract was drawn up. Cut to 2 months later, when we realized that our contract dates are wrong for payments, and 2 payments would be due after the wedding was already over! We were also quoted completely incorrect pricing for the reception packages. We had to speak to multiple people, and in this time frame, Danielle left - and we were worried! When Courtney took over, everything was much better! Constant contact and help and she was great about everything! She was on point with everything- pricing, timelines, packages - etc. She came on in the middle of our planning and turned everything around. Our contract was eventually worked out, even though we did have to make payments in a smaller timeframe than expected., but they worked on our budget in others areas. The hospitality room was made out to be included, but it was not. They did make that happen for us since we were having our rehearsal dinner the night before and staying there as well. Also, many of our friends who were married already, were shocked ( as well as we were) to find out that we only would get to taste 2 options free of charge for our wedding - anything else would have to be paid for out of pocket - which my husband is vegetarian so we had to pay to try that additional plate! We did, of course, receive a jacuzzi suite to stay in the night of our wedding - but we came to find out later there were other suites available that our guest stayed in that were nicer - and were never offered to us as an option - even if we had to pay extra for it. The day of, we found out that Mary, the banquet manager would be with us on the day of, and not Courtney, which we were confused about, but she was wonderful and ran everything so smooth! The only hiccup was after the ceremony no one was escorted to the lounge so when cocktail hour started they had not set up any of the high tables- so people were looking for places to sit - they were running behind. They also seemed short staffed -the employee at the front desk was brand hew - his first day and he was there alone checking people in, he was frazzled but did an amazing job at handling it in every way he could. The wait staff and bartenders that day were amazing, we always had drinks, food and anything we needed! The venue and rooms were beautiful, and they did a great job. Family and friends were talking about the venue, the food, and the atmosphere for days after our wedding.

2017-05-24T11:17:17 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your review! It was truly a pleasure to share a part in your special day! Myself, and the whole staff at the Radisson wish you both nothing but a lifetime of happiness! Congratulations, again! Thank you for your kind words.

Reviewed on 11/18/2016 Jacqueline S

We had our daughter and son-in-law's wedding reception at the Radisson Lackawanna Station on November 12, 2016 and we could not have planned a more beautiful and elegant ceremony and reception. Courtney and her staff are wonderful to work with - both with us and our vendors.... Read More We heard nothing but compliments on the venue, the food and with 200 guests, there was never a line at the bar! Mary did an awesome job organizing the events of the day including making sure the many gift cards were secured throughout the night! Courtney, Mary, and the staff took care of the details so my husband and I were able to relax and enjoy the party with our guests! My daughter told us the next day that it had truly been the "wedding of my dreams" - what more can you ask for!!

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Erin C

We could not have asked for a better wedding venue! Everything was absolutely perfect and beautiful. Courtney and Suzanne were wonderful and answered all of our many questions and concerns. They both made sure that everything was the way we wanted it and that we did not have to... Read More worry about a thing!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Kerry D

I could not ask for a better place to have had my wedding reception! The Radisson was absolutely amazing. I was very nervous because a few months before my wedding, I found out that my wedding coordinator had left and I was going to be dealing with someone new. When I met,... Read More Courtney, I was immediately relieved. She was so helpful and I was so impressed with how she just picked up on where Danielle left off. She was so great to work with!! Also, the rest of the staff was so amazing...especially Mary and Luis! Everyone was making sure that my day was perfect and they were constantly asking if there was anything they could do for me and my husband. The lobby and reception hall were perfect for the cocktail hour and the reception! The food was absolutely amazing. I honestly have nothing bad to say about the Radisson! I highly recommend this venue!

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Jessica T

Our wedding at the Radisson exceeded our expectations. Kelley was so patient and flexible working with us for many months to ensure every detail was covered (and all our last minute changes) and that the day reflected our style. Mary, Luis and Carol did an outstanding job the... Read More day of to ensure everything came together and also made sure that the bride and groom were stress free and well taken care off. We could not be more pleased with how everything turned out. It will truly be a day we will remember forever.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Sarah G

I can't even describe how absolutely amazing this venue was! The actual space itself is breathtaking, as the Radisson is such a gorgeous historical building. The staff really goes the extra mile to make every single detail unbelievable. I had the fantastic pleasure of working... Read More with Courtney as my planner leading up to and through most of my big day, and Mary who took over for the events of my wedding. Both women deserve awards for how amazing they are! Super sweet,nice, attentive, knowledgeable, and just plain awesome! Even the wait staff was incredible, Luis was the waiter for the head table and none of us, especially my husband and I, ever had a want or need that wasn't met immediately, most times things were brought before we ever even noticed we needed them! The food?! There are no words for how good that food was!! My wedding was nothing short of magical, hands down the most incredible day of my life! I can't possibly say enough about the Radisson, absolute perfection on every level!!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Sydney C

We are so happy we had our reception here! We met with Courtney several times before the big day, which we really appreciated as we don't live in the area. Courtney was always readily available by phone and email to answer any questions we had. We had our cocktail hour in the... Read More lobby and it was beautiful! We then had our reception in the ball room. The Radisson is a beautiful venue that really doesn't need a lot of additional decorations. The Radisson staff are top notch, each table had their own waiter, and many of my guests commented on how nice and attentive the staff was. Our parents also commented that they felt very well taken care of during the cocktail hour/ reception, which we really appreciated. The food was so good!! Many of our guests said we had the best wedding food they had had in a long time! As far as cake cutting and bouquet toss, The Radisson staff literally walk you through what to do right before it happens. Over all, the Radisson exceeded my expectations and I would recommend anyone to have their wedding here!

Reviewed on 10/01/2016 Shawna S

Our wedding was September 3, 2016. Everything was PERFECT at the Radisson. We wanted to stay downtown and were between a few places. Everywhere else was nice, but the Radisson offers parking for guests and nothing beats the cocktail hour in the lobby. Leading up to the... Read More wedding, it was extremely easy to plan everything with Kelley. The ballroom was beautifully decorated. The food and drinks were superb. The wait staff was extremely attentive. Traxx was great for the after party. A dinner for my husband and I was put in our suite which was nice to enjoy after the hustle and bustle. Everything was truthfully perfect from the first hors d'oeuvre to the last dance. I strongly recommend the Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel for weddings!!!

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Caryn C

My husband and I had our wedding ceremony/cocktail hour in the lobby, and the reception in the main ballroom. We loved this venue because of its historic and charming feel. We liked that The Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel is already beautiful enough without really needing any... Read More extra décor really needed for the wedding ceremony in the lobby. The main ballroom is very large and there was plenty of room for our 175 guests-you really forget you are at a hotel because the main ballroom is in a more secluded area part of the venue with its own bathrooms. Another one of the reasons we choose the Radisson was to make it convenient for our many out of town guests who wanted to attend our wedding; they were able to attend everything right at the hotel and we did not have to worry about transporting them anywhere. We also had our rehearsal dinner the night before the wedding and Mary and her staff were excellent in making sure all our expectations were met. Mary made sure our ceremony went smoothly and made me feel sure that the next day would go smoothly. The food and open bar at the Radisson for both our rehearsal and reception was phenomenal--all of our guests were very pleased and did not stop raving about it. The staff was extremely accommodating all night long. When we initially booked our wedding our coordinator was Danielle, and Courtney took over a few months before our wedding but the transition was seamless! Both Danielle and Courtney were very prompt in answering my questions, and Courtney was great in finalizing all the details at the end to make it come together the way we envisioned. I was able to remain calm and relaxed the day of the wedding because of Courtney, Mary and the other great personnel. Courtney helped my husband decorate the main ballroom the day of the wedding and it could have not turned out any better. I would recommend the Radisson to anyone as they really went above and beyond for my wedding day to make sure it was perfect.

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Mary Kate C

My husband and I had our wedding reception at the Radisson on Saturday, July 2., 2016. I cannot say enough about the service at the Radisson. It was wonderful! Danielle and Suzanne, the coordinators, were amazing. They answered my every question. As it got closer to the... Read More wedding, they worked around my schedule to plan our meetings. The day of the wedding went perfectly. The venue looked amazing. The food was incredible. They waited on my groom and I along with our immediate families the entire night. If there was ever anything we needed, they provided it for us. Mary, the banquet manager, was the best! She was my favorite person to work with. She has been there for years and truly knows how to make each bride feel special and incredible. When my groom and I returned to our room that evening, there were two pieces of cake, flowers, and food in our room, along with champagne, and chocolate covered strawberries. The attention to detail was the best part of the wedding. We also chose to host a private brunch the next morning for family and close friends. They used the centerpieces from the night before so the brunch room looked amazing. One of the bartenders from the evening before came around and visited the tables. Again, Mary was there to help us with anything. They had boxed up our glasses, knife set, etc. and had them ready to go the next morning. Overall, I would HIGHLY recommend the Radisson to anyone planning a wedding. In addition to being a gorgeous venue (especially during cocktail hour), the level of personal service was second to none. Thank you for making out special day even more special!

Reviewed on 5/26/2016 Kelly B

Our wedding day was perfect! The Radisson staff and Danielle made sure everything was perfect! Thanks for making our special day one we will never forget! :)

Reviewed on 5/13/2016 Dominique D

anyone interested in having their wedding reception at the radisson lackawanna station, please know our reception could not have been more wonderful! danielle rohaly was absolutely great through the entire process... she keeps you cool, calm, and collected, and working to plan... Read More in an organized timeline through the months leading up to your big day. there were no last minute scares or concerns, and by the week of - she has you feeling completely ready to enjoy your day ! furthermore, the day of was exceptional. as the bride and groom, we couldn't have been happier w/ coordination of the day. for the guests, bridal party, etc, everyone was so happy with their stay, their rooms, their dinners, appetizers, everything. i highly recommend adding this location to your list when considering wedding venues!

Meet The Events Director

Courtney Killeen

It takes a Community to assure the perfect event. Our experienced, creative, talented and genuine team look forward to creating and executing an event tailor made for you and all of your unique details and dreams. Wedding Planner & Coordinator - Courtney Killeen. Check! Director of Sales and Special Events - Suzanne Lehman. Check! Executive Chef - Chris Chludzinski and his extraordinarily talented team. Check! Just for fun, let's add the area's most experienced Banquet Manager and Staff, a Hotel award winning Service Team, & Restaurant and Lounge staff at the ready. We'll make it Perfect!