Radisson Plaza Hotel & Suites

Kalamazoo, MI

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with Radisson Plaza Hotel & Suites

A BALLROOM IN KALAMAZOO, MI

The Radisson Plaza Hotel and Suites is situated in downtown Kalamazoo, Michigan. This stylish and sophisticated, Four Diamond award-winning hotel offers bridal couples a wide variety of elegant and tastefully chic event spaces to suit everything from a private, intimate gathering to a grand and lavish celebration.

The Arcadia Ballroom is a stylish and sophisticated room of almost 10,000 square feet. The room exudes grandeur with its dramatically high ceilings that draw one's attention to two four-tier contemporary chandeliers that are adjustable to suit your wedding colors. Cone-shaped wall sconces and ambient down-lighting set the mood and plush carpeting adds to its elegance. The room can be divided into two separate spaces to suit smaller receptions or to create a ceremony room. The ballroom has a designated foyer that is ideal for cocktails. The Arcadia Ballroom accommodates up to 600 guests.

The Kalamazoo Room is a grand 10,500-square foot, traditionally elegant room. Its distinctive rich mahogany pillars, open industrial-style ceilings and granite entrance create a warm and inviting atmosphere. Modern tubular lights and ambient uplighting gives the room a contemporary twist. The primary ceremony space is conveniently situated adjacent to the room and its location on the lower floor, allows complete privacy. The Kalamazoo Room hosts receptions of up to 500 guests.

The Glens Room is situated in a private wing of the hotel. Decorated in neutral tones of cream and beige, the room provides an ideal canvas to suit any wedding theme or color scheme. A stunning contemporary designed carpet adds to the elegance of the space. The room is equipped with adjustable ambient lighting and various decor items are included. The Glens room suits 50 to 3,000 guests.

The Radisson Plaza Hotel and Suites have a specialized and dedicated wedding team, The Wedding Studio, that offer s a one-stop shop for all of your wedding needs, assisting in all the planning and preparation of the day. The executive chef, backed by a professional culinary team, offers a wide range of delicious menu options that are customized to suit individual tastes and budgets. Standard wedding packages include:

• Tables and chairs
  • Linens and napkins
  • China, flatware and glassware
  • Cake cutting service
  • Menu tasting

The Radisson Plaza Hotel and Suites is renowned for its impeccable service and fine cuisine and its passionate and professional staff are prepared to go the extra mile to ensure that your wedding day is magical and memorable. The luxurious hotel has an array of unique and classic backdrops, including a sweeping staircase to capture exquisite photographs. Other perks include:

• An elegant honeymoon suite with champagne and strawberries
  • On-site restaurants for bridal showers and rehearsal dinners
  • Discounted room rates for guests

Your Wedding, Our Passion

The Wedding Studio at the Radisson Plaza Hotel & Suites serves as your single point of contact for all of your wedding needs. With access to the finest event spaces and exceptional wedding professionals, we will build your dream that is unique to your personality and style. Contact Sam today!

Ballroom, Hotel, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff, Shuttle Service, Transportation

100 West Michigan Avenue, Kalamazoo, MI (269) 226-3120

Radisson - Wedding Ceremony & Reception!

Reviewed on 9/17/2015

I had my ceremony and reception at the Radisson Plaza Hotel & Suites. It was top notch service from start to finish! Lauren & Lindsay were wonderful to work with. They were knowledgeable about the products and services and offered many suggestions and ideas along the way.... Read More The Reservation team helped with our wedding room block and answered all of my questions pertaining to guest parking and pricing. The day of the wedding came and everything went off without a hitch. I had no worries knowing that Lindsay and Lauren were busy making sure that my day would be perfect. The food was outstanding and my guests raved about the service. I could not have asked for a better experience for my Wedding. Thanks to everyone at the Radisson for making my day perfect :) Looking back, I am so happy that we chose a location where we could do both the Ceremony and Reception as well having our guests stay on property. We had many guests traveling from out of town and the convenience of everything being in the same location was great. Being right down town, you are so close to bars and restaurants so most of the wedding party was able to continue our party even after our Wedding reception was over.

WE COULDN'T HAVE ASKED FOR MORE!

Reviewed on 6/27/2013 Markie Jo W

It took one visit to the Radisson with Lindsay Davies for us to decided that we were booking our reception there. I remember leaving that meeting feeling so relieved that I had meet someone who I had 100% faith in. (which doesn't happen very often) It was like she was too good... Read More to be true. Through our entire planning process, which was about 12 months, Lindsay was spectacular! Any email that was written or phone call that was place, was replied to within minutes. She was an amazing planner, problem solver and shoulder to lean on when things became stressful in other wedding planning areas. Working with her was like a breath of fresh air because I knew that whatever she was working on, would turn out perfectly. She remembered all of the little details from start to finish. The vendors that I worked with that were referred to me by her, were also amazing. Lindsay, as well as the entire Radisson staff were more helpful than I ever could have imagined. Everyone was EXTREMELY friendly and made you feel so special. The hospitality was unbelievable! The newly renovated hotel is beautiful from the ground up! The reception space to the actual hotel rooms, were just gorgeous. We were upgraded to the Upjohn Suite which was spectacular and perfect for getting hair and make up done with the wedding party the morning of. The food was also amazing! It was so hard to choose what you wanted on your menu because everything was delicious. I don't think I saw anyone at the reception with food still left on their plates. All in all, we couldn't have chosen a more perfect place for our wedding reception. They were a HUGE contribution to making our wedding day perfect! The Radisson is most definitely the place to go!

RADISSON PLAZA HOTEL & STAFF(LINDSAY DAVIES!!!) ROCKS!!!

Reviewed on 6/03/2013 Lindsay W

What more can I say than this place was AMAZING!! From the numerous emails that were always returned right away to the attention to detail to the wonderful staff - we were blown away. Lindsay Davies, Special Events Producer was without a doubt hands down the BEST!! She did... Read More everything and more! I still get goose bumps when I think of all the things she did for us both small and BIG! She and the entire staff went above and beyond. If nothing else, take it from this bride - pick the Radisson for Lindsay and her staff alone!!! The icing on the cake is that the venue itself is AWESOME. Trust me when I say you cannot go wrong due to the recent remodeling that has been done to the hotel and the ballroom itself - you can create your own space with the click of a button. I don't remember everything from that day (as most brides do not due to being overwhelmed and busy!) however I do remember from day ONE how wonderful the Radisson/Lindsay was to work with and without question I would recommend any bride looking for a perfect place to hold their reception/hotel block/rehearsal space etc to seriously contact Lindsay Davies at the Radisson Plaza Hotel!! You will not be disappointed!!!

Reviewed on 8/07/2016 Katie L

Lindsay and Lauren at The Wedding Studio are absolutely amazing! They were so helpful and much more than event coordinators... They help set everything up, offer advice, oversee everything the whole night, etc. Lindsay even bustled my dress when my girls were having trouble with... Read More it! The rooms are so perfect for receptions with built in up-lighting style lights, adjustable sizes for rooms and interesting ceilings! It was a beautiful place to get married/hold a reception and I highly recommend it. The food was also amazing and all of my guests raved about it. The Radisson has restaurants to have rehearsal dinners, room blocks available, ceremony and reception spaces - you can easily have all events in one space which is perfect for out of town guests! If you are torn between similarly styled locations, I highly recommend choosing the Radisson purely due to the fact that you will have Lindsay and Lauren on your side! :)

Reviewed on 6/21/2016 Bridgette C

I want to start off by saying thank you SO much to Lindsay and Lauren for all of their help with our wedding. It was truly a perfect day and their help with planning, organizing, and day of events contributed to that! They made planning for a wedding so easy and so enjoyable!... Read More That is what every bride wants!! They also made the experience leading up to the big day so personable, like you were the only bride they were working with. I feel like I'm losing a few close friends now that thew wedding is done ... that is how friendly and genuine they are! I would recommend Lindsay, Lauren, and the Wedding Studios at the Radisson Plaza Hotel to anyone and everyone!

Fantastic Service

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

Lindsay and Lauren were fantastic to work with. They were a blast chatting with and making plans. I had some different ideas, like a caramel apple bar that was never done before. They made it beautiful. They took all my ideas in design and made it a reality. I felt like my... Read More wedding was straight out of Pinterest.

AMAZING!!!

Reviewed on 10/08/2015 Kim H

I had my doubts about the Radisson at first. I thought the ballroom was very big and had a cold feeling. The way they made that room look was amazing! Going to see it in the day does not do it justice. It looked so Elegant! Our food was delicious, which I don't think people can... Read More say about wedding food. Lindsay was AMAZING! It was so convenient to have to hotel and all the bars and restaurants right there! Especially for your out of towners.. The venue/food and DJ are by far the most important things and I am so thankful I booked the Radisson!

The Radisson/Wedding Studio is PERFECTION!!

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Katie G

The Radisson/Wedding Studio made all of our wedding dreams a reality. Lindsay and Lauren were such a joy to work with. From the first meeting until the big day everyone at the Radisson were so easy to work with. Since we had a lot of out of town guests we decided to have our... Read More ceremony and reception in the same place. We used the Arcadia ballroom with around 150 people and it was absolutely perfect. Not too big and not too small. The Radisson set up the room so it looked like a ceremony with a backdrop and risers and coordinated the lights so we weren't in party mode yet. We then had cocktail hour outside the room in a semi closed off space. The Radisson staff flipped the room for us during this time and turned it into our reception. The staff did such an amazing job making the ceremony and reception have a different feel while being the same space. The food is to die for!! The chef even made sure my dad had his favorite dressing from our tasting and I made a special request for my meal and Lindsay made it happen!! The hotel itself is a perfect location for everything. We did our rehearsal dinner at Burdick's (in the hotel) which was coordinated without a breeze with the staff there. My bridal party and I got our hair and make up done at Blush Hair Salon which is located in the hotel which was SO convenient and I highly recommend. We had a hotel block with the Radisson and Lindsay was able to answer any questions we had and update us on who has booked a room throughout the process!! We even got an upgraded room to the Grand Loft which was AMAZING!! The view of Kalamazoo is gorgeous and we had so much room to get ready the morning of!! All in all, the Radisson staff and Wedding Studio Staff are excellent at their jobs. I thoroughly enjoyed planning my wedding. I came to Lindsay and Lauren with a lot of ideas and every time I emailed them asking if I could do this instead of this they would always make it happen!!! Both Lindsay and Lauren are a dream to work with. They are organized, energetic, and you can tell they really enjoy making every wedding what the Bride and Groom wants!! I had so many guests after our wedding compliment the venue/food/service/hotel room/overall good time they had all thanks to the Radisson!! Highly recommend for any bride who is looking for a one stop shop!! They can do it all!! Thank you Lindsay, Lauren, and the amazing staff for a wedding we will never forget :)

Absolutely terrible

Reviewed on 10/03/2015 Heather S

Where do I start. They double booked our shuttle. We had to wait at the park for 30 minutes after pictures before the guy finally returned and then because of being double booked, after the ceremony we had no ride to the reception because they never showed up. They finally sent... Read More us a van, after we called, that our whole bridal party couldn't even fit in. People had to ride with the photographer. I signed a contract for a shuttle to be MY OWN from 1-6 p.m. I had that shuttle from 1 to maybe 3. This hotel is greedy and unorganized. Lauren in the bridal area is great and very helpful. Work with her ONLY. She is the only liable, professional person that works in that entire hotel. If you want to grow gray hair then work with the other girl (I'll be nice and not say her name). If she isn't taking days to return your emails, she's messing up your room block and giving rooms away. You also have to pay 75% of any rooms you don't end up filling. When we checked in, they gave us keys to one of the rooms under my name. We went in the room and there were other people's belongings in there (no one we know). We could have stolen all their things. We told a manager and he laughed and said he wasn't surprised, it happens a lot. THAT'S COMFORTING! Because a lot of bridal party rooms were under my name, they would only give me keys anytime after initial check in. So at 11 pm the night of my wedding, that was fun having to go to the front desk because my sister's room key THEY ORIGINALLY GAVE HER stopped working. Unfortunately they are the only hotel downtown. Do yourself a favor and get a shuttle to a nice, professional hotel a couple miles outside of downtown. A worker at the front desk who was aware of everything that had happened told me to call customer service because they would "give me a bunch of free stuff". I didn't because I don't want anything from that hotel.

Excellent Service!

Reviewed on 9/24/2015 Rebecca S

The staff at the Radisson is simply wonderful! They created a package for us that was exactly what we were looking for and fit perfectly in our budget. The Lindsay and Lauren took care of all the details for the reception, and offered tons of help and advice along the way. We... Read More saved a bunch of money by not needing to rent dishes, flatware, chairs, linens or glasses. Also, their large chandelier and sconces in the ballroom are available in any color combination you can imagine and are included in the room rental, which is a huge benefit, because uplighting is crazy expensive! They handled set up and tear down, which allowed us to focus on preparing for the ceremony, it was a big weight lifted off our shoulders as we felt very confident in them! As for the food - incredible! Months later our guests are still talking about it. We had a few choices at our taste test meeting and found all of the options to be delicious and universally appealing. We got to stay in the Grand Loft for our wedding night and it was such a great experience. We were so bummed to leave the next morning! Our guests were also impressed with the accommodations, and loved the convenience of having rooms available. We had a fabulous experience with the Radisson staff and facilities and recommend it to everyone!

Wouldn't change a thing!

Reviewed on 9/20/2015 Christina B

We loved every second of our wedding reception in Radisson's Kalamazoo Room! Lindsay Davies and Lauren McLaughlin did such an incredible job working with us to create the wedding of our dreams. From our first meeting with the Radisson team they helped us customize every detail... Read More and Lindsay and Lauren really helped me to feel at ease during the planning process by responding quickly to emails and working with the other vendors to make sure everything was on track. The menu tasting blew us away and the wedding day food for our 180 guests was equally impressive. The week before the wedding Lindsay met with us to go over last minute details and we dropped off all of the personal touches for the venue and she took over from there! Wedding day I was able to walk into the venue carefree knowing that everything would be taken care of and even that surpassed our expectations - the space was flawless. Pinterest board come to life :) Lindsay was at the reception taking care of any issues that came up (although she did such a great job I never even knew of any) and even showed us how to cut the cake! We heard nothing but compliments about the convenience of the on-site guest rooms and proximity to downtown bars and shopping. I would also recommend the Grand Loft to any brides who want to have the bridal party together before the wedding and book early at Blush salon in the hotel (also fantastic). We couldn't have asked for a better night and I can say with 100% confidence that Lindsay and Lauren will make your day as perfect and stress free as ours was!

Reviewed on 5/22/2015 Mae N

We had a fantastic wedding at the Radisson! They helped make our wedding into our dream wedding. We are so grateful for everything the entire staff at the Radisson did for us. Everyone was so helpful. We are overjoyed at the whole experience the Radisson provided us. From our... Read More very first appointment with The Wedding Studio to the day of, the staff was helpful and knowledgable answering our many questions and helping make things happen within our budget. The staff were very nice, and they were clearly excited to be a part of our wedding. The process with the Radisson made planning a wedding a breeze. Come the day of, I wasn't stressed about anything, just overjoyed at how wonderfully it came together in the Arcadia Ballroom - both my ceremony and reception.

Excellent Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 10/11/2014 Megan G

Everything was perfect and Lindsay and Kait made sure of it. From the first meeting with Lindsay we knew that this was where we wanted to have our reception. There was no pressure to book right away and they made us feel comfortable from day one. Lindsay kept in contact with us... Read More through out the entire process and took care of everything. The Kalamazoo room was beautiful and perfect for our reception. They set it up better than we could have hoped. The week of the wedding is so hectic, but they made sure that everyone was calm everything ran smooth. If there were problems, I didn't know about them. I can't say enough wonderful things about the Radisson and Linsay and Kait. Fantastic people and venue!

Mr. and Mrs. Brown

Reviewed on 9/25/2013

The planner, Lindsay was great. She was very attentive and very flexible. She has a nice personality and is very personable. The room was amazing, couldn't have asked for a nicer room. Our food was the Pasta buffet from Zazios. I had complaints from family that said the pasta... Read More was cold and not very good, I do agree with them on that, when we tasted the food prior to the reception it was a lot better. The late night snack was kind of a waste. We paid for 40 people to eat it and only 1 person did. They didn't announce it coming out so we didn't even know it was there. It was a nice fancy type dinner situation which is definitely what I wanted, the food just wasn't up to par for how much we paid. The alcohol wasn't cheap either and the bartenders were very stingy with the alcohol. Almost all of the people that came to our reception were cut off from alcohol, which is pretty ridiculous. Never seen that ever happen. They also started pouring less and less alcohol every time. I think that if we are paying for these people to let lose and have a good time then they should be able to. Basically, the overall rating is for the coordinator Lindsay and the room as well as the nice champaigne bottle and chocolate covered strawberries left for us that night after the reception. The radisson is an amazing hotel with lots of services and like I mentioned before, the coordinator was great. The only problem I had was the food and the bar service, other than that had a great time!

EXCELLENT!

Reviewed on 1/03/2013 Nina G

I had my reception at The Radisson in August 2012. Lindsay was great from the very start, she was always very prompt with returning emails and times when I felt like I was going to have a panic attack she calmed me down every time! I used one of the ballrooms in the lower level... Read More of the hotel, which can accommodate up to 150 people. All we had to do was bring in the centerpieces and everything was setup and it looked so beautiful! We had a sit down dinner and everything went so smoothly. I am still receiving compliments to this day. I also would like to add that Lindsay's assistant Jane was great on the day of, she was always there for whatever we needed! The food was great, the lighting was great, the bartenders were great, I HIGHLY recommend The Radisson. We received a complimentary honeymoon suite and free breakfast for the morning as well as champagne and chocolate covered strawberries delivered to our room. Our wedding party also received complimentary parking passes and we received 2 valet parking passes! I could go on and on I really felt like a true VIP that day and I can't thank Lindsay and the rest of the staff enough! Nina B.

An Exceptional Experience

Reviewed on 11/27/2012 Catherine V

We had our ceremony and reception in the Radisson in Kalamazoo. After researching wedding venues on the both the east and west sides of the state, it was clear that best value was available right down the street from me at the Radisson. The comprehensive package and pricing... Read More could not be beat— especially when considering the quality of the food, beverages, and service—nothing was done cheaply. From beginning to end, the entire day was flawless. I was surprised to see other brides at the venue—because the service I received was so attentive, it never occurred to me that my wedding was not the only one at the Radisson that day. Months later, friends and relatives are still talking about how good the food was and how amazing the reception room looked—my guests were truly impressed. No details were overlooked, and our guests (most of whom were from out of town) loved the convenience and comfort level of the hotel. If I could do it all over again—I wouldn't change a thing.

Unforgetable Evening

Reviewed on 11/22/2012 Britney V

Our reception at the Radisson in Kalamazoo was absolutely wonderful. For the entire process the wedding cordinator was extremely helpful and helped make everything stress free. We had a plated dinner in the Kalamazoo room and the food was amazing. Thanks to everyone at the... Read More Radisson for making our wedding day one we will never forget.

Exceeded Our Expectations!

Reviewed on 11/18/2012 Katie R

We had looked at multiple venues for our reception. Once we met Lindsay and viewed the Radisson and what they had to offer, our decision was made. Lindsay's professionalism and organization made the wedding planning process and day of, stress-free and the best day of our... Read More lives. We had many out of town guests, who needed over night accomodations. The Radisson went above and beyond to create a relaxing and enjoyable weekend for them. The hotel is beautiful with many different restaurants, shopping, and bars in the building. Not to mention all of the great things to do in Kalamazoo within walking distance. The rehearsal dinner and Sunday brunch were hosted at the Radisson as well which made it very easy for our guests. There is a parking garage attached to the hotel for easy access for guests. We had our reception in the Grand Ballroom. It was beautiful and lived up to everything that Lindsay said that it would be. The wedding staff and bartenders did a great job serving our guests. Lindsay was very organized and communicated and responded promptly to any questions that we had! She made the wedding planning process fun! We cannot say enough about Lindsay and her team at the Radisson! JOB WELL DONE!

A Beautiful Night

Reviewed on 11/16/2012 Lauren K

My wedding reception at the Radisson Plaza Hotel and Suites in Kalamazoo could not have been more perfect!! From the first planning stages until the end of the event our wedding coordinator was so helpful. Her dedication made our special day stress free! Our wedding in the... Read More ballroom looked amazing, we even had custom lights to match our colors. We had a buffet and it was exactly what we wanted. The presentation was beautiful and the food delicious. Our family is still telling us how much they enjoyed the food. Last but certainly not least, the service was impeccable. Everyone was friendly and willing help fix any last minute problems or needs. I would highly recommend the Radisson in Kalamazoo to anyone looking for beautiful atmosphere, great food, and an extremely helpful and friendly staff!

The perfect place for a reception!

Reviewed on 11/05/2012 Alicia H

The Radisson in Kalamazoo was amazing for our reception! Working with Lindsay made the whole planning process completely stress-free. She was amazing and took care of everything, did everything she said she would do and more. On the day of, we didn't worry about anything... Read More because we knew things were taken care of. We had guest bags that the front desk handed out to everyone without fail, all the staff was great! The food at the reception was amazing! They are so flexible and accommodating to any budget! We received a lot of compliments on how great it was for the kids meals to be brought out first, moms loved that! I have already recommended the Radisson to a few people getting married next year!

Radisson Wedding ceremony/reception...UNBELIEVEABL

Reviewed on 11/05/2012 crystal m

my experience with the Radisson was amazing. I worked with Lindsay throughout my entire 12 months of planning and i cannot say enough things about the service she provided. Not to mention the stress that she took off my shoulders! i knew that when i sent her an email with... Read More concerns/questions that i was going to receive a timely response. I never had any doubt in my mind that my day wasn't going to be flawless and this was ALL because of her. I would recommend any body for any type of occasion to the Radisson. Because of their service my special day was EVERYTHING i dreamed of and more!

Reception venue- Perfect!!

Reviewed on 10/07/2012 Sarah D

This reception venue choice was perfect. Worked with Lindsay who took such good care of us and had the best reception we could have ever hope for. Absolutely gorgeous and food was so good- received many compliments for our choice.

Very Nice~

Reviewed on 1/17/2012 Keli M

Lindsay was incredible! But the construction ini the hotel was told to us that it would be done in time for our wedding and it wasn't. Guests had to go upstairs to use the restrooms. But the wait staff was amazing!

Perfect venue for wedding reception

Reviewed on 11/05/2010 Jenn F

The Kalamazoo Radisson Plaza Hotel was the best investment we made for our wedding venue. First of all the wedding coordinator and her staff were very helpful and accommodating! Our reception was in a ballroom inside of the hotel and our guests were able to stay in the same... Read More location overnight, which was great! We had many guests from out of town and the hotel offered three restaurants, a coffee shop, boutique for shopping, and a breakfast/brunch location. I cannot say enough amazing things about the staff, ammenities, and service!