Rustic+Elegant Wedding Venue

Red Ridge is a rustic & elegant wedding venue overlooking the Colorado River Valley with breathtaking views. Located just 35 miles outside of Austin, minutes away from Bastrop, and only 2 hours from Houston, our venue is the perfect meeting place for locals and traveling guests. Our venue features a hilltop ceremony site among pines and oaks for a truly enchanted setting, covered patio & deck with bistro lighting creating the perfect ambiance for cocktails, and an indoor Grande room with vaulted ceilings, exposed beams, oversized windows and a natural stone fireplace. This combination gives our clients the best of both worlds for an indoor & outdoor wedding. Besides our gorgeous views, we also provide a unique blend of in-house services making your wedding planning stress free.

• Outdoor - Covered

Backyard, Ballroom, Farm + Ranch, Mountain

Bar + Drinks, Destination Weddings, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Transportation

306 KLBJ RD, Smithville, TX (512) 237-3589

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Nancy M

Words cannot express how much we love Red Ridge Receptions!!!!! Chris and Bethany take so much pride in what they do, and are personally committed to working with you throughout the entire process to achieve your dream wedding. Tina, also on the Red Ridge team, was so... Read More attentive and incredible the day of that our entire bridal party was giving her kudos, and asking who "Wonder Woman" was! I could gush for ages, but there's not much more to say than this is it, you've found the perfect place, the most wonderful, integrity-filled, hard-working, authentic, FUN, warm, experts to work with.

2017-09-21T15:36:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the review! We loved hosting your wedding and will not forget the April Fools day 'cake drop' for as long as we live! What a fun event to be a part of. But, seriously.... We are glad we met you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Michelle V

Our wedding at Red Ridge Receptions was beautiful. However, the 5 star rating is due to the amazing owners. They were extremely helpful and made the day and night go very smoothly. Bethany touched base with all of our vendors a few days before the wedding, which took some of the... Read More stress off of us. Chris was there when we arrived to set up and helped with all of the heavy lifting and stayed until the event was over. Their staff and manager are amazing as well and I can't say enough about how wonderful this venue is. We couldn't have asked for a better experience!

2017-09-21T15:44:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the review! So glad to hear you enjoyed having your wedding at Red Ridge. Our staff went on and on about how much fun everyone was having during the reception. :)

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Christina A

I couldn't have chosen a better venue for our big day! Everything was just perfect!! Chris, Bethany, and their wonderful staff took care of absolutely everything. From the day we booked the venue until the day after our wedding, they made sure to answer any questions we had and... Read More made us feel like we were the only people in the world. The day of went off with out one single problem! We can not thank Red Ridge Staff enough. It truly was a day that we will never forget.

2017-09-21T15:55:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the review, Christina! So glad to hear that and Wade felt special on your wedding day. That's exactly how we want our couples at Red Ridge to feel!

Reviewed on 1/09/2018 Tara B

Red Ridge is BEAUTIFUL! Chris and Bethany were so helpful and full of great ideas. Bethany even sent me reminder emails and helped plan the whole day for me! The reception went very smoothly and was everything I dreamed of thanks to Red Ridge Receptions!

Reviewed on 1/09/2018 Delores F

Wonderful! Chris and Bethany were great. Very helpful and flexible. They made my daughters day great.

Reviewed on 12/01/2017 Jenny P

When my husband and I first stepped foot in Red Ridge, we knew this was the place! Not only is the property immaculately well kept and beautiful, but the overall customer service we received from Bethany and Chris was beyond exceptional. We opted for the "in-house" package which... Read More includes decorations, music, photo booth, etc. and I would highly recommend this to other couples as well. The entire process and setup was amazing! Chris and Bethany are such wonderful people and made our day truly special. We received so many compliments from our guests about the beautiful venue, the decorations, and set-up! Thank you to Red Ridge for truly making 11.18.17 the best day ever!

Reviewed on 11/15/2017 Natassia S

We had our wedding here about a month ago and it was AWESOME! Beautiful venue, amazing sunsets and the owners were spectacular! Beth and Chris were on top of everything from the get go. Chris even made us a special gift! It meant so much to us. Our day was full of smiles and... Read More laughter and I got so many compliments on the venue itself. People had such a great time at the photo booth, it’s definitely worth getting! I just can't say enough about this place! I am so thankful we got to experience the best day of our lives at Red Ridge Receptions!

Reviewed on 11/10/2017 Chad G

This venue and the staff was a blessing to us. We loved how affordable it was compared to a lot of other venues we had looked at and Bethany and Chris where the perfect people to have in charge of our special day. Through out the year that we took to plan our wedding Bethany was... Read More very prompt and on top of making sure the bride was at ease and comfortable with everything that was being planned. They responded to us in a timely manner and made sure to lend us their expertise to help plan a perfect wedding. The staff that Red Ridge uses was exceptional, they made everyone feel like they belonged at this party and I heard no complaints from the 100 people that attended our wedding when it came to the bartenders, DJ, or wait staff. The best thing about Red Ridge is it has a family vibe to it and both Chris and Bethany make you really feel like you are part of their family throughout the planning and ceremony. When the big day came and it was time for us to walk down the aisle together everything went off without a hitch. Chris was able to make sure that not only was everything that he had on his plate being taken care of but also made sure that the bride and groom where waited on hand and feet. It felt like we where royalty. Any time I needed something they where there to provide it. I even got a beer delivered to me so I could take one drink before pictures and then taken away until I was ready for it again. Chris also made sure that he found the brides grandma and took her to the front of the line when food was served. The respect that they showed for family values was above and beyond what we had in envisioned. Looking back we would not have done a single thing different and are, from the bottom of our hearts, thankful that we found Chris and Bethany because without them I really don't see our momentous day turning out how it did. This is a memory that you will have for the rest of your lives and I guarantee that if you choose Red Ridge it will be a memory filled with happiness and love.

2017-11-11T08:44:28 Response from the vendor

Chad and Tati- Thank you for writing this review. You have no idea how much this review means to us. We were in tears reading it! THIS is why we do what we do. We are so honored and thankful that we get to be... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 Katherine W

Red Ridge Receptions exceeded every vision that we had to make our daughters day as beautiful as she had dreamed! From the moment we had our first visit, Bethany made the process so easy and accommodating. The day of the wedding Chris and their staff made sure that everything... Read More was perfect for our bride and groom. Beautiful venue with gorgeous views and absolutely amazing staff and services! We can’t thank them enough for helping to make McKenzie and Orion’s day the most beautiful beginning to the rest of their lives❤️

2017-11-08T09:36:49 Response from the vendor

Katherine- Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We are so glad that McKenzie and Orion were able to enjoy and cherish their wedding day. What a blessing you were to them with all of the help that YOU provided, as well! We were... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Jaclyn B

What can we say other than THANK YOU!! Our wedding day was a complete DREAM thanks to the help of Red Ridge and their amazing staff!! The planning process with Chris and Bethany, along with the actual day of our wedding, ran so smooth. We couldn't have asked for a better night!... Read More The entire staff went above and beyond to make our day flawless, which is almost unheard of. Even though there was an itinerary, Chris still made sure to run everything by us before beginning in case we wanted to change things around. We were never rushed and he encouraged us to take in every single minute of the night. The venue is absolutely gorgeous and the view is breathtaking. Pictures just do not do it justice. We, without a doubt, would highly recommend booking with Red Ridge!

2017-11-08T09:40:30 Response from the vendor

Jaclyn and Josh- Wow! Thank you for the review! We are so thankful that you chose to work with us. And we're so pleased to hear that you had such a great experience. We wish you two the very best. :)

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Ashley R

We loved Chris and Bethany! Them and their team worked effortlessly to make sure our day was perfect.

2017-11-08T09:47:33 Response from the vendor

Ashley and Logan- Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for trusting in us to host your wedding! We truly appreciate you taking the time to review our services.

Reviewed on 9/30/2017 Merly L

I would love to thank Bethany, Chris and their staff for our wonderful day on our wedding it was amazing they truly are kind,helpful and patient it was a lovely day for us! They made our dream wedding come true! They have a gorgeous place.

2017-11-08T09:42:10 Response from the vendor

Merly- We are so thankful that you and Chad chose Red Ridge to host your wedding. It's so great to hear that we helped in making your dream wedding come true. We wish your sweet family the very best. :)

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Rachel M

We first found Red Ridge because they were so close to where we live but we decided to have our wedding there for several reasons. The owners of this property are very sweet yet professional, and worked so well with us to make our dream wedding a reality. They also have an all... Read More inclusive package which was a huge bonus for me! With the package they provide in-house TABC certified bartenders, who help set up and break down, they have their own decorations, their own photobooth, and DJ. It saved me so much time in planning. The cherry on top though is the location of this venue. It has the best view! You can not find a better view! It is the perfect backdrop for photos. Due to weather we had to move our wedding indoors, but even indoors this venue has an beautiful rustic but elegant feel. And since the venue has large windows all around, we still were able to enjoy the view (as well as the A/C)

2017-09-21T15:39:50 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the review! We are glad we got to share your special day with you! I have enjoyed seeing the photos of your wedding and am really glad that you got some great shots outside despite the rain. Best wishes to... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/28/2017

My wife and I renewed our vows for our tenth anniversary at Red Ridge. Bethany and Chris did a great job throughout the entire process! The event went smoothly from start to finish. Red Ridge Staff was friendly and professional. We recommend Red Ridge to anyone getting married... Read More or planning a special event!

2017-09-21T15:52:50 Response from the vendor

We appreciate the review! We were honored to have been a part of your 10 year anniversary celebration.

Reviewed on 5/14/2017 Tessa L

Hi friends! Just wanted to stop by and tell everyone what an absolute DREAM getting married at Red Ridge was for us. Chris and Bethany are the most genuine, sweet, and accommodating professionals in the business. The venue is BEAUTIFUL, with breathtaking views that make the... Read More perfect backdrop, the service is impeccable, and the people are good. 12/10 would recommend.

2017-09-21T15:57:08 Response from the vendor

Hi Tessa! We appreciate you taking the time to rate our services and write such nice things about our venue and staff. It was a joy working with you and we're so glad we got to be a part of your wedding!

Reviewed on 5/08/2017 Geneva H

Making Red Ridge your wedding venue is by far the best choice you can make. Breathtaking views, beautiful venue and amazing owners/staff make this the only place you should consider. My husband and I were beyond amazed at how great everything turned out and it was all thanks to... Read More the wonderful owners and their staff. We ended up using their DJ (amazing!) and the photo booth which was lots of fun for our guests. We recommend Red Ridge to any engaged couples we know and will continue to do so!

2017-09-21T15:59:13 Response from the vendor

Geneva- Thank you so much for reviewing us! We love to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and that guests had a great time with the photo booth. We wish you the best! :)

Reviewed on 5/07/2017 Amanda V

Everything was amazing! Bethany and Chris went above and beyond everything I could hope for! Would definitely recommend this gorgeous venue.

2017-09-21T15:59:47 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for reviewing us!

Reviewed on 5/05/2017 Tracy A

Can't beat the hilltop views at sunset! There are plenty of beautiful wedding venues to choose from, but the staff at Red Ridge made our year of planning and the actual wedding weekend such a joy to experience. Chris and Bethany are friendly, professional, helpful and... Read More efficient. They wear many hats well and do a tremendous job of organizing and implementing the details calmly and cheerfully. Red Ridge Receptions offers the best of both worlds when choosing an indoor, outdoor or combination of both for your wedding venue. The quaint town of Smithville is very close and full of special lodging and restaurants to help host your wedding party and out of town guests.

2017-09-21T15:52:00 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the review, Tracy! We enjoyed working with the whole family and are so glad we got to know you all. :)

Reviewed on 2/06/2017 Crystal V

My husband and I renewed our vows this winter for our ten year anniversary. Bethany and Chris did an amazing job of communicating and guiding us through the process. The venue was beautiful and the day went off without a hitch. There are so many details that go into planning... Read More an event and Bethany is highly professional and detail oriented. We highly recommend this venue! It's intimate and beautiful- the view is gorgeous!

2017-04-20T23:41:45 Response from the vendor

Crystal, Thank you so much for your review of Red Ridge. We are so thankful you allowed us to be a part of celebrating 10 years of marriage. What an accomplishment! Your ceremony was beautiful and touching and it was very evident your guests were... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/17/2017 John S

Excellent venue for a small wedding (150 guests). We were married here in Dec 2016 and loved the location and VIEWS!! Bethany communicated very well throughout the entire process. The wedding night went flawless with the staff they provided for us. The chinaware package they... Read More offer is very convenient as well.

2017-04-20T23:20:44 Response from the vendor

John- Thank you so very much for the review! We are so happy you chose Red Ridge for your wedding day. I can't tell you how many times I have looked at your wedding photos that we were tagged in on FB. Alyssa was stunning!... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/09/2016 Melissa M

Red Ridge Receptions was the perfect place for our wedding. The venue is absolutely beautiful and romantic. The people at Red Ridge also went above and beyond to help us with question as we were wedding planning, providing vendor recommendations, and on the day of, made sure... Read More that my groom and I were well taken care of. This place is truly a unique and special place. I am very pleased that we chose it for our big day!

2017-04-20T23:13:32 Response from the vendor

We were so honored to be a part of your special day. Your story was touching and we felt an instant friendship from the first tour you had at Red Ridge. Chris and I wish you the best! Thank you so much for your feedback.... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Katie W

I don't have enough good words to say about Red Ridge. It rained on our wedding day, but it didn't even matter because the indoor area is just as beautiful. You won't find the views this venue offers in Austin. But what really made the day was the amazing staff. They will make... Read More sure you are taken care of no matter what. The inclusive package is DEFINITELY worth it, I feel like I got more than my money's worth. My wedding was completely stress-free, rain and all. Thank you Red Ridge!

2017-04-20T23:52:23 Response from the vendor

Katie and Tyler, Thank you so much for your review. I can't get over how amazing the photos are from outside in the rain. We just had to put some up on our website...It was such a pleasure to work through the planning process with... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Beth C

Don't be fooled by their nonchalant friendly attitude when you first meet them. If it isn't spelled out word for word in the contract, they will not honor anything they have told your verbally. They even tried not to honor something that was spelled out in the contract and I had... Read More to remind them it WAS in the contract. There were several thing they pretended would not be a problem, but when it came down to the wedding day, their story had completely changed. They also refused to return my security deposit because of a technicality (the only thing "damaged" was the glass from a small picture frame that fell- it did NOT cost $300).

2017-04-20T23:01:18 Response from the vendor

It appears that your disappointment in not receiving a refund on your security deposit has prompted you to write us a one star review. I only wish to respond with facts regarding our contractual agreement and our reason for not returning your $300 deposit 1)... Read Less Read More

Bethany+Chris Eppinger

Our dream to host weddings began when we were planning our own wedding in 2006. We spent the next 8 years learning everything we could and gaining experience by starting our own DJ, Photo booth, and staffing companies and establishing residencies in some of the premier wedding venues in the Austin area and hill country. In 2014, our dream came true when we bought and took over Red Ridge! Our list of in-house services are operated by us. We are very hands-on and passionate about every detail of the weddings we host. We absolutely love what we do and can't imagine doing anything else. :)