Turning dreams into reality.

Richmond Bridal Consulting is a premier event planning company, proud to offer services in wedding coordination, Experience and unmatched taste are the foundations to every memorable event, and we promise to deliver professional and tastefully outstanding experiences for both you and your guests.

Wedding

Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

Richmond, VA (804) 691-4441

Choose Richmond Bridal Consulting!

Reviewed on 11/17/2014 Eryn W

When planning a wedding, there are so many different choices - one of the very best decisions that I made was to hire Richmond Bridal Consulting to coordinate my wedding day. As soon as I met Emmett, I knew that we would make a great team. He is creative, honest, and so... Read More caring. Above all else, Emmett is a true professional with plenty of solid experience in the business. He is not your “friend of a friend” who coordinates 1-2 weddings per year in their spare time. Emmett works many, many events and has a lot of connections and contacts which will prove INVALUABLE in planning your day. Emmett was always accessible by phone/e-mail/text. Whenever we met, I always felt like I was his important bride and that our wedding was his top priority - even though I knew that our wedding was one of many that he coordinated this year. Emmett let me know at the very beginning of our working relationship that he would be unable to coordinate the day of our event and would be sending an associate in his place. At first, I wondered how on earth I could put my trust in someone besides Emmett but then I met the wonderful Monica! She managed each aspect of our day with grace and aplomb. As the bride, I did not need to sweat the small stuff because I knew that Monica had everything under control. It may be tempting to forgo hiring a professional coordinator in favor of allocating money in your wedding budget elsewhere. My advice - write the check. Ensure that a professional is coordinating this very important day to you, your fiance, and your families. Most importantly choose someone you can trust - Richmond Bridal Consulting is the best!

Saved my Wedding

Reviewed on 11/04/2014 Cat L

Richmond Bridal Consulting is the absolute best in the RVA area. As a long distance bride trying to plan a wedding all on my own from 3000 miles a way I, unknowingly, hired someone else first. When that person turned out to be a disaster my Maid of Honor found RBC and Emmett.... Read More She called him 5 days before my wedding to see if he could help with the rehearsal and the day of coordination of the wedding. He was so responsive and willing to help (luckily my wedding was on a Sunday, so he was able to help! even though he had a full weekend of other weddings!). I spoke to him and he immediately put me at ease. We agreed to meet to discuss details and after a couple of hours I felt 1000 times better about my wedding. He is a true pro and knew how to take my vision and all the work I had put in and just make it even better, more seamless, and so much easier for me. Not to mention he knows just about EVERYONE in Richmond and Charlottesville who do anything for weddings. He even made arrangements to be able to help with the rehearsal! Richmond Bridal Consulting saved my wedding and my day went off without a hitch - he even had to help assemble things that someone else bailed on the day of and did so without a complaint or an ill word! Our day was absolutely magical and more than we ever could have imagined and I owe so much of that to Emmett and Richmond Bridal Consulting. He has such a great eye, is thoughtful, detailed, organized, and kept checking with us as the night went on but he never interrupted anything and just let us enjoy our night. I could go on and on but I can't thank him enough for all he did. He saved the day and all of my family and friends could NOT stop raving about him! So thank you so much Richmond Bridal Consulting!

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Reviewed on 10/09/2014 Ryan T

I wish I could give 10 stars. As any bride knows, wedding planning can be very stressful. I can honestly say, I could not have done it without Emmett. He pointed us in all the right directions for vendors, dealt with all of them, and kept us under our budget. He was always... Read More there to alleviate any questions or problems that came our way. One of the things I loved the most about him is that he's not afraid to tell you if something won't work. He's full of suggestions and will find a way to make your wedding a dream come true. Our wedding day was absolutely AMAZING! He was there the entire day dealing with vendors and making sure everything was perfect and in place. He was so calm and had everything under control. All we had to do was just sit back, relax, and enjoy the day. He even fixed our plates for us. I cannot say enough great things about Emmett and his company. If you hire him, I promise, you will not be disappointed. Instead of stressing, you'll actually be able to enjoy your special day. He's worth it! I miss him already :-)

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Jane A

Emmett went above and beyond to make sure every detail of our wedding was perfect. Going into the planning process all we had was a vision but no how to make it happen. With Emmett’s expert guidance, our vision evolved and came to life beautifully. In the months leading up to... Read More the wedding Emmett helped us keep on top of our to do list, gave us thoughtful insight, connected us to EXCELLENT vendors, and was always available to answer our questions or give advice. On the day of, all the details he had either recommended himself or helped us to create came together flawlessly. Knowing Emmett had taken care of everything, we had little to worry about on our big day. We truly got to enjoy every moment of it thanks to all the meticulous preparation and planning Emmett provided. Afterwards, our guests commented on how smooth the evening went, many times bringing up Emmett specifically. It was a great experience to work with him, he was professional, organized, well connected and a truly thoughtful coordinator. We can't recommend him highly enough!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Kate T

I was about 10 months into wedding planning, and two months away from the wedding, when I realized I might be in a little over my head. Our wedding was at a DIY venue and we were to provide everything from the plates to the booze… and about a million other little details I... Read More didn’t realize went into planning a wedding. I had my epiphany and left messages with a few different people in the Richmond area, Emmett was the first to call back. After talking to him, I immediately felt the weight of wedding day logistics lift from my shoulders. Emmett is exactly what you want in a wedding coordinator. He is well connected in the wedding scene. He is reliable and honest. From our first conversation until the wedding day, Emmett worked to make our vision a reality. He coordinated closely with our vendors, even around a pretty last minute weather change. He has years of experience that allow him to spot the holes in your plans and he knows how to fix them. Our wedding day timeline ran smoothly, from set up to take down. This allowed not only my husband and I to enjoy our wedding, but it avoided us having to ask for help from our family and guests. Everyone simply enjoyed themselves and were impressed with how well the day went. After our incredible day, we had an issue with one of our vendors that took a few months to resolve. Emmett continued to help us work through it to come to a resolution. There is no question his clients are important to him. Emmett knows weddings, and he will work to make your day wonderful.

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Amy V

Emmett was our wedding day coordinator, and it was such a pleasure to work with him! We are so happy that we decided to have him at both our ceremony and reception at The Renaissance. He put everyone at ease and made sure the bridal party looked uniform (all their accessories in... Read More place). He kept track of the timing pre-ceremony, which was a huge help! At the reception, he again kept track of the timing of events and keeping everyone in check. I felt at ease because I knew I didn’t have to worry about where everyone was, or what time everything was happening. Just one example of the personal touch that Emmett has: my father was at my reception, but unable to dance because of health problems, so when we had the anniversary dance, Emmett got up and danced with my mom! It made my mom really happy. He also created a day-of timeline for us which was a huge help. If we had to plan a wedding again, we would choose Emmett again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Mary D

Choose Richmond Bridal Consulting for a seamless rehearsal, ceremony, and reception. Emmett and his team are honest, genuine, KNOWLEDGEABLE, and calm in the midst of the inevitable curveballs. As the MOB, I did a lot of work myself on my daughter's wedding to try to save some... Read More money. I thought the stress of planning would limit the fun factor for me at the actual event. Thanks to RBC, I enjoyed every minute of the weekend more than I could have imagined. Go with RBC - you will not regret it!

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Erica C

Worth every penny. I was initially on the fence about hiring a wedding planner... type A inside told me I could handle it and keep it all organized...that goes out the window when it's your actual wedding. I can't say enough good things about Emmett...his advice, his... Read More professionalism and ability to make all things happen is invaluable! I literally didn't worry about a single thing the day of the wedding... if I thought of it, he had already handled it. Friends in the industry recommended Emmett to me and I'm passing it on!

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Joseph I

My wife and I were stationed in California at the time of our wedding. She is from Richmond, and that is where we had our heart set for the wedding. Unfortunately, there was no way we could plan all the required logistics and spend all the immense amount of time needed to... Read More do that. Insert Emmett Hickam and his team. Emmett is absolute professional at what he does. At every point, from we accepted him as our planner up until even days after the wedding, Emmett made it so we can enjoy our day and not be bogged down by the less-than-fun-stuff. Not only needed for planning, he was also the wedding MVP the day of. As the bride and groom, we watched as family would try to approach us as we were eating and he would run interference. As testament to my remark of Emmett as a professional, he wouldn't just send them away. Emmett would make the approaching guests feel even more welcomed, and ask them to take pictures to be remembered in the wedding log, all while allowing us the small chance to eat together. Simply put, Richmond Bridal Consulting knows weddings. I honestly couldn't even begin to describe all the behind the scenes work Emmett was doing, because everything seemed to just work out perfectly, at the exact right time and place. He and his team made it so we could enjoy our own wedding, and the only way we could was through his unbelievable efforts. If you want to have fun at your own wedding and have it go off without a hitch for your guests, you hire Richmond Bridal Consulting.

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Emily V

Simply put, Emmett was our wedding hero. From day one he listened to our far-fetched ideas and took everything we said in stride. It was the smoothest wedding planning experience. He listened to our wedding dreams, scrolled through our pinterest, took our budget into account,... Read More and then seamlessly recommended the perfect vendors. I showed him a picture of a bouquet, and next thing I know, he is sitting down discussing flowers with the flower guys and ordering the perfect combinations as I sat near by and said, “sure, what he said!” Emmett is more than a wedding planner. He genuinely cares about his clients and always wants to hear the latest life updates. He takes his job seriously and will do anything and everything to make sure we stay relaxed and feel valued. For instance, on our wedding day, the only bridge leading into our small town was shut down for several hours, and all vendors, wedding guests, and Emmett’s own staff is on the wrong side of the bridge. So Emmett goes to set all the tables on his own. Meanwhile, a crazy storm rolls in. I’m talking hail, and horizontal rain. Everything gets drenched, so Emmett strips the linens, and finds a washer and dryer. He does over 5 loads of laundry and then goes out and resets the tables. After he finishes with the tables he calmly comes upstairs where girls are doing hair and make-up in a cozy oblivion. We mention that the bridge is closed, and he calmly says, “oh, don’t worry about it. I’m not stressed, if the vendors are late, then the guests will also be late! It’s not a problem at all.” Turns out, when the vendors showed up, Emmett ensured everything was ready and perfect on time, despite the huge time constraint. He never even batted an eye around me. I really can’t toot his horn enough. He is cool, calm and collected. He is organized, and deeply experienced in the art of weddings. He is creative, and works best when you give him an idea and give him the freedom to do his thing.

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Donna R

The phrase I heard most on my wedding day was "Thank God for Emmett!" When I started out planning for my wedding, I didn't intend on hiring a coordinator but I am so glad I did! Emmett is an absolute expert in this industry and knew all the little details I was overlooking. On... Read More the wedding day there was very little I had to do, he took care of everything and allowed us to sit back and take it all in. Best wedding planning decision I ever made!

2017-06-29T18:01:10 Response from the vendor

Thank you Donna for the kind words. You were a joy to work with and I wish you the best!

Reviewed on 1/29/2017 Lynnsey J

Emmett is seriously the best!! He was so patient and willing to work with our requests and made our entire wedding so easy and wonderful. I don't know how my husband and I would ever be able to repay him. I highly recommend Richmond Bridal Consulting to anyone interested. A... Read More wonderful experience overall because of him and his hard work!

Reviewed on 1/27/2017 Samantha T

Look no further ladies the wedding planner of your dreams is Emmett! I met him while touring my wedding venue the Bolling Haxall House. He was there with his team setting up another wedding. Watching him coordinate and make every detail perfect for this wedding I knew then I had... Read More to have him as my wedding planner. He is super nice and made the entire wedding planning process easy it was stress free! He helped me make decisions and even explained to me things I had no clue about with having a wedding. My wedding day was absolutely perfect thanks to Emmett. Everything went smoothly, the venue was setup gorgeous, my guests complemented me highly of what an amazing job Emmett did. Thanks again Emmett for the wonderful job you did!!!

2017-06-29T18:03:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you Sam! It was an honor to be a part of your big day and I am so glad that I got to meet you.

Reviewed on 12/20/2016 Erin V

Emmett was truly fantastic and a great wedding planner to work with! He always made sure my mom and I were on track with the plans and the budget. By the time the last month before our wedding rolled around, we had nothing left to do. Wedding week (and day of) were stress free... Read More thanks to Emmett. My husband and I had the wedding of our dreams, and it was a blast.

2017-06-29T18:04:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you Erin! I hope all is well. I miss our time that we spent planning together with your mother. Please keep in touch.

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Kelly C

Emmett is truly one of a kind. We had our wedding at the Renaissance and didn't have to worry about a thing! He was so much fun to work with throughout the planning process. The day of the wedding, he took my husband and I on a tour of the ballroom before anyone else was... Read More there so we got to see how beautiful he made it look. Then he took us into our own private room with hors d'oeuvres and wine for a little alone time before being introduced. He made us each plates for dinner and sat us down so we were actually able to eat for a few minutes! He continued to bring us drinks throughout the night and made sure everyone was having a great time. We were able to drop off the items for the reception the week of the wedding so we did not have to rush to do it the morning of or day before. I knew we had nothing to worry about, and he took care of us from start to finish. He was amazing!

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Shannon B

When first planning our wedding my husband and I thought we could do it on our own-we were wrong. The best thing we did was hire Emmett! Our meetings were relaxed and he helped us find vendors (who were all amazing) and stay on budget. The biggest difference a wedding planner... Read More makes is taking away the stress of your wedding day and let you just enjoy your special day with your family and new husband/wife. Several family members asked if I was stressed for months before our wedding and my answer was always no because Emmett has everything under control. Emmett took care of everything on the day from keeping us on schedule to cutting the extra strings off of my dress. I HIGHLY recommend hiring Richmond Bridal for your wedding day!

Reviewed on 7/26/2016 Leah B

Emmett and Richmond Bridal Consulting were so nice to work with. We starting planning our wedding 13-14 months before the actual day. In fact Emmett was not even our first choice of wedding planner, but he was definitely the right choice. Emmett is amazing with difficult parents... Read More (mom-zillas) and with difficult vendors. My favorite things to say over the planning process (and even on the day of the wedding): "I don't know, ask Emmett" because Emmett has an answer and a solution for almost everything, everyone, and every problem. If you are looking for a planner who is crafty and hands on artsy to make your Pinterest wedding dreams come true, Emmett is not for you. BUT if you know what you want and how you want your day to look, Emmett will guide you to it and make sure it happens. He will guide you through every step of the process. Emmett not only pointed me to the perfect caterer, he dealt with the most horrible of venue vendors for me. Emmett will help you stay on budget, and not miss a single detail. Because of Emmett we found the most amazing band and the best photographer in Richmond, as well as one the easiest florists to work with. It rained right up until my ceremony time and Emmett still made an outdoor ceremony possible. As far as I know the day, despite the weather, went off without a hitch. I'm sure there were issues (I was only aware of 1) throughout the day, but that's how good Emmett is, I only knew about 1 problem, which Emmett took off my hands and handled. It's not just how Emmett does his job though, Emmett is an amazing person who cares about his work and his clients. I am glad to say that after the year + long planning experience Emmett wasn't just my planner, but he is also my friend. Thank you Emmett and RBC.

Reviewed on 7/12/2016 Amanda H

Emmett was great with helping plan our wedding. He knew what would work to keep us within budget and kept us (me) in place when I started heading towards things that were too expensive or not worth the money. He basically held my hand through the whole process and was... Read More available to answer any and all questions I had. It was so nice to just be able to email or text him when I had a question come up instead of spending hours on the internet trying to figure it out myself. You still do a lot of the planning yourself because so many decisions are personal (color scheme, invitations, decorations, attire, hair/makeup, etc.), but Emmett was able to help me make decisions regarding everything. The day of the wedding, he was amazing. I literally just couldn't believe how much he did for us. We didn't have to worry about anything. He kept everything on the timeline we laid out, made sure we had food and drinks, got the presents and other items into the right cars, and made us an amazing "to go" bag of food and cake. If you have or can find the money in your budget to hire Emmett, it will be one of the best things you spend your money on during the whole wedding planning process. He was great!!!

Reviewed on 7/10/2016 Kate R

My husband and I had a wonderful time working with Richmond Bridal Consulting. It was one of the best wedding-related decisions we made. Planning an event like a wedding is a huge job, one with which I had very limited experience. Because of Emmett, the planning was painless and... Read More our event was amazing, better than we ever could have imagined! His professionalism and warmth kept the process from being stressful and overwhelming. And his recommendations (both vendor and vision related) were spot-on. On our actual wedding day, Emmett kept everything running smoothly, putting us first and ensuring we got to just enjoy the day towards which we had all been working. I can honestly say that it was perfect, and Emmett is one of the main reasons I can say that. Do yourself a favor and hire him!

Reviewed on 5/31/2016 Alison N

Emmett was absolutely amazing! He made the whole planning process stress free and was there to facilitate day of. He even made our plates for us at dinner! We didn't have to worry about a thing. Highly recommend!!!

Reviewed on 5/23/2016 Amanda G

I could not thank Emmett enough for everything. Throughout the year, he helped me to make good choices and think about things I would never have thought needed to be done. He really knows weddings and Richmond wedding vendors. He really does. I would have had not a clue where to... Read More go and what to do. Honestly, all the help planning was almost a bonus. He was worth his fee just for the day of coordinating. You never know how many little things are going to go wrong the day of your wedding and he was able to handle all of them. My wedding was somewhat challenging because I had friends and family providing the cakes and flowers (we had a ton of flowers). The few problems I knew about were handled and I'm sure there were tons others. He and his assistant, Kyle, made sure everything that needed to be done was done. He coordinated with all the vendors and made sure everything looked great and ran smoothly. Emmett even made us plates and guarded us until we were done eating. Sounds minor, but you try throwing a big party for yourself then tell people you need to eat before you can talk to them and see how well that goes. Nobody tells you how hard it is to not starve at your own wedding. To top it off, our leftovers, cake and car key were delivered to our room so we could go enjoy the after party. What a life saver...I didn't have to eat my new husband on our wedding night. All that and he even helped me clean up the bourbon I spilled all over my dress. He's a doll and he's worth every penny. Don't waste your time spending a ton of money on a wedding and think you don't need his help.

Reviewed on 5/23/2016 Mallory H

We intitally we not planning on hiring a wedding planner, but I had received an email from Richmond Bridal Consulting. I decided to email back and forth and finally went in for a meeting with Emmett. He promised us a stress free wedding and promised to help keep us on budget.... Read More Wig saying this, my fiancé, now husband, said that we were going to hire him. Emmett has done everything he promised us and more! I would highly, highly recommend hiring Emmett to help you plan your perfect day. He is really amazing and his assistant Kyle is so sweet as well. He carries hair pins in his hair to help us girls with our random flying hairs. I do not have enough nice things to say about Emmett and Kyle. Seriously folks, he is worth everything. We seriously had the most perfect wedding that anybody could ever ask for! Seriously, please use Emmett.

Reviewed on 5/08/2016 Chryseis A

My experience working with Emmett Hickam and Richmond Bridal Consulting was simply phenomenal. I never would have guessed he could do so much with just a simple concept of elegant but with a party atmosphere and just wanting everyone to have fun, but he did. He also introduced... Read More me to the most wonderful vendors, who excelled at everything that they did for me. There was never any stress, he kept me calm, focused, on task, and honestly, without his excellent assistance there is no way my wedding would have looked even close to the end result that he was able to achieve. He and the team he worked so hard with were able to create something that was simply magical and that my husband and I will never forget, but will always appreciate. We highly recommend using Richmond Bridal Consulting for your wedding planning needs.

Reviewed on 5/03/2016 Amy R

Emmett at Richmond Bridal Consulting was the saving grace for my wedding day! I was a very laid back bride with little direction for my wedding day. I knew I wanted it to be beautiful, and Emmett took it from there. From day 1, we decided to go with Emmett because he was able to... Read More provide us with an actual plan for our wedding day and give us a full run down of where our money would go, what would be the focal point of our décor, and his plan for our vendors. Since I was an out of town bride, my mother did most of the in-person meetings with Emmett and they formed a fast friendship! His friendly nature made him a joy to work with and someone you want to grab coffee with when its all over! This has led to great relationships with vendors, so that he was able to get us the best deal and best quality when shopping around for tables, chairs, fabrics, and tents. When I showed up at the venue on that morning, it far surpassed my expectations. I feared that the weather would put a damper on our big day, but Emmett was able to turn a foggy muggy outdoor wedding into a beautiful, intimate, and warm tented affair! Things could NOT have gone more smoothly day of, as my husband and I were able to glide swiftly through our wedding day without a single concern. He told us where to be each time we were needed and let us enjoy ourselves when we were not. In addition, his assistant Kyle was there to ensure that ANYTHING we needed was provided to us. Every member of the bridal party felt cared for and relaxed throughout the day as Emmett and his team carried their responsibilities with poise and ease! I could not imagine a more professional, friendly, talented, creative, and comforting team. Our wedding day was genuinely PERFECT (even though we may have ended up a tad over budget!). Go with Richmond Bridal Consulting for a perfect wedding day!

Winter Wedding

Reviewed on 1/11/2016 Jackie M

Working with Emmett was so wonderful. While planning my wedding my schedule was very crazy. He worked very hard to keep track of everything for me and reminding me of what steps I should do next. He had creative ideas to make my days special and unique and helped me envision... Read More what I would want on my wedding day. Because my schedule was so crazy, he was great about meeting me outside of normal business hours or talking on the phone. I'm so glad I used Richmond Bridal Consulting to help plan my wedding.