Turning dreams into reality.

Richmond Bridal Consulting is a premier event planning company, proud to offer services in wedding coordination, Experience and unmatched taste are the foundations to every memorable event, and we promise to deliver professional and tastefully outstanding experiences for both you and your guests.

Wedding

Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

Richmond, VA (804) 691-4441

Choose Richmond Bridal Consulting!

Reviewed on 11/17/2014 Eryn W

When planning a wedding, there are so many different choices - one of the very best decisions that I made was to hire Richmond Bridal Consulting to coordinate my wedding day. As soon as I met Emmett, I knew that we would make a great team. He is creative, honest, and so... Read More caring. Above all else, Emmett is a true professional with plenty of solid experience in the business. He is not your “friend of a friend” who coordinates 1-2 weddings per year in their spare time. Emmett works many, many events and has a lot of connections and contacts which will prove INVALUABLE in planning your day. Emmett was always accessible by phone/e-mail/text. Whenever we met, I always felt like I was his important bride and that our wedding was his top priority - even though I knew that our wedding was one of many that he coordinated this year. Emmett let me know at the very beginning of our working relationship that he would be unable to coordinate the day of our event and would be sending an associate in his place. At first, I wondered how on earth I could put my trust in someone besides Emmett but then I met the wonderful Monica! She managed each aspect of our day with grace and aplomb. As the bride, I did not need to sweat the small stuff because I knew that Monica had everything under control. It may be tempting to forgo hiring a professional coordinator in favor of allocating money in your wedding budget elsewhere. My advice - write the check. Ensure that a professional is coordinating this very important day to you, your fiance, and your families. Most importantly choose someone you can trust - Richmond Bridal Consulting is the best!

Saved my Wedding

Reviewed on 11/04/2014 Cat L

Richmond Bridal Consulting is the absolute best in the RVA area. As a long distance bride trying to plan a wedding all on my own from 3000 miles a way I, unknowingly, hired someone else first. When that person turned out to be a disaster my Maid of Honor found RBC and Emmett.... Read More She called him 5 days before my wedding to see if he could help with the rehearsal and the day of coordination of the wedding. He was so responsive and willing to help (luckily my wedding was on a Sunday, so he was able to help! even though he had a full weekend of other weddings!). I spoke to him and he immediately put me at ease. We agreed to meet to discuss details and after a couple of hours I felt 1000 times better about my wedding. He is a true pro and knew how to take my vision and all the work I had put in and just make it even better, more seamless, and so much easier for me. Not to mention he knows just about EVERYONE in Richmond and Charlottesville who do anything for weddings. He even made arrangements to be able to help with the rehearsal! Richmond Bridal Consulting saved my wedding and my day went off without a hitch - he even had to help assemble things that someone else bailed on the day of and did so without a complaint or an ill word! Our day was absolutely magical and more than we ever could have imagined and I owe so much of that to Emmett and Richmond Bridal Consulting. He has such a great eye, is thoughtful, detailed, organized, and kept checking with us as the night went on but he never interrupted anything and just let us enjoy our night. I could go on and on but I can't thank him enough for all he did. He saved the day and all of my family and friends could NOT stop raving about him! So thank you so much Richmond Bridal Consulting!

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Reviewed on 10/09/2014 Ryan T

I wish I could give 10 stars. As any bride knows, wedding planning can be very stressful. I can honestly say, I could not have done it without Emmett. He pointed us in all the right directions for vendors, dealt with all of them, and kept us under our budget. He was always... Read More there to alleviate any questions or problems that came our way. One of the things I loved the most about him is that he's not afraid to tell you if something won't work. He's full of suggestions and will find a way to make your wedding a dream come true. Our wedding day was absolutely AMAZING! He was there the entire day dealing with vendors and making sure everything was perfect and in place. He was so calm and had everything under control. All we had to do was just sit back, relax, and enjoy the day. He even fixed our plates for us. I cannot say enough great things about Emmett and his company. If you hire him, I promise, you will not be disappointed. Instead of stressing, you'll actually be able to enjoy your special day. He's worth it! I miss him already :-)

Reviewed on 1/29/2017 Lynnsey J

Emmett is seriously the best!! He was so patient and willing to work with our requests and made our entire wedding so easy and wonderful. I don't know how my husband and I would ever be able to repay him. I highly recommend Richmond Bridal Consulting to anyone interested. A... Read More wonderful experience overall because of him and his hard work!

Reviewed on 1/27/2017 Samantha T

Look no further ladies the wedding planner of your dreams is Emmett! I met him while touring my wedding venue the Bolling Haxall House. He was there with his team setting up another wedding. Watching him coordinate and make every detail perfect for this wedding I knew then I had... Read More to have him as my wedding planner. He is super nice and made the entire wedding planning process easy it was stress free! He helped me make decisions and even explained to me things I had no clue about with having a wedding. My wedding day was absolutely perfect thanks to Emmett. Everything went smoothly, the venue was setup gorgeous, my guests complemented me highly of what an amazing job Emmett did. Thanks again Emmett for the wonderful job you did!!!

Reviewed on 12/20/2016 Erin V

Emmett was truly fantastic and a great wedding planner to work with! He always made sure my mom and I were on track with the plans and the budget. By the time the last month before our wedding rolled around, we had nothing left to do. Wedding week (and day of) were stress free... Read More thanks to Emmett. My husband and I had the wedding of our dreams, and it was a blast.

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Kelly C

Emmett is truly one of a kind. We had our wedding at the Renaissance and didn't have to worry about a thing! He was so much fun to work with throughout the planning process. The day of the wedding, he took my husband and I on a tour of the ballroom before anyone else was... Read More there so we got to see how beautiful he made it look. Then he took us into our own private room with hors d'oeuvres and wine for a little alone time before being introduced. He made us each plates for dinner and sat us down so we were actually able to eat for a few minutes! He continued to bring us drinks throughout the night and made sure everyone was having a great time. We were able to drop off the items for the reception the week of the wedding so we did not have to rush to do it the morning of or day before. I knew we had nothing to worry about, and he took care of us from start to finish. He was amazing!

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Shannon B

When first planning our wedding my husband and I thought we could do it on our own-we were wrong. The best thing we did was hire Emmett! Our meetings were relaxed and he helped us find vendors (who were all amazing) and stay on budget. The biggest difference a wedding planner... Read More makes is taking away the stress of your wedding day and let you just enjoy your special day with your family and new husband/wife. Several family members asked if I was stressed for months before our wedding and my answer was always no because Emmett has everything under control. Emmett took care of everything on the day from keeping us on schedule to cutting the extra strings off of my dress. I HIGHLY recommend hiring Richmond Bridal for your wedding day!

Reviewed on 7/26/2016 Leah B

Emmett and Richmond Bridal Consulting were so nice to work with. We starting planning our wedding 13-14 months before the actual day. In fact Emmett was not even our first choice of wedding planner, but he was definitely the right choice. Emmett is amazing with difficult parents... Read More (mom-zillas) and with difficult vendors. My favorite things to say over the planning process (and even on the day of the wedding): "I don't know, ask Emmett" because Emmett has an answer and a solution for almost everything, everyone, and every problem. If you are looking for a planner who is crafty and hands on artsy to make your Pinterest wedding dreams come true, Emmett is not for you. BUT if you know what you want and how you want your day to look, Emmett will guide you to it and make sure it happens. He will guide you through every step of the process. Emmett not only pointed me to the perfect caterer, he dealt with the most horrible of venue vendors for me. Emmett will help you stay on budget, and not miss a single detail. Because of Emmett we found the most amazing band and the best photographer in Richmond, as well as one the easiest florists to work with. It rained right up until my ceremony time and Emmett still made an outdoor ceremony possible. As far as I know the day, despite the weather, went off without a hitch. I'm sure there were issues (I was only aware of 1) throughout the day, but that's how good Emmett is, I only knew about 1 problem, which Emmett took off my hands and handled. It's not just how Emmett does his job though, Emmett is an amazing person who cares about his work and his clients. I am glad to say that after the year + long planning experience Emmett wasn't just my planner, but he is also my friend. Thank you Emmett and RBC.

Reviewed on 7/12/2016 Amanda H

Emmett was great with helping plan our wedding. He knew what would work to keep us within budget and kept us (me) in place when I started heading towards things that were too expensive or not worth the money. He basically held my hand through the whole process and was... Read More available to answer any and all questions I had. It was so nice to just be able to email or text him when I had a question come up instead of spending hours on the internet trying to figure it out myself. You still do a lot of the planning yourself because so many decisions are personal (color scheme, invitations, decorations, attire, hair/makeup, etc.), but Emmett was able to help me make decisions regarding everything. The day of the wedding, he was amazing. I literally just couldn't believe how much he did for us. We didn't have to worry about anything. He kept everything on the timeline we laid out, made sure we had food and drinks, got the presents and other items into the right cars, and made us an amazing "to go" bag of food and cake. If you have or can find the money in your budget to hire Emmett, it will be one of the best things you spend your money on during the whole wedding planning process. He was great!!!

Reviewed on 7/10/2016 Kate R

My husband and I had a wonderful time working with Richmond Bridal Consulting. It was one of the best wedding-related decisions we made. Planning an event like a wedding is a huge job, one with which I had very limited experience. Because of Emmett, the planning was painless and... Read More our event was amazing, better than we ever could have imagined! His professionalism and warmth kept the process from being stressful and overwhelming. And his recommendations (both vendor and vision related) were spot-on. On our actual wedding day, Emmett kept everything running smoothly, putting us first and ensuring we got to just enjoy the day towards which we had all been working. I can honestly say that it was perfect, and Emmett is one of the main reasons I can say that. Do yourself a favor and hire him!

Reviewed on 5/31/2016 Alison N

Emmett was absolutely amazing! He made the whole planning process stress free and was there to facilitate day of. He even made our plates for us at dinner! We didn't have to worry about a thing. Highly recommend!!!

Reviewed on 5/23/2016 Amanda G

I could not thank Emmett enough for everything. Throughout the year, he helped me to make good choices and think about things I would never have thought needed to be done. He really knows weddings and Richmond wedding vendors. He really does. I would have had not a clue where to... Read More go and what to do. Honestly, all the help planning was almost a bonus. He was worth his fee just for the day of coordinating. You never know how many little things are going to go wrong the day of your wedding and he was able to handle all of them. My wedding was somewhat challenging because I had friends and family providing the cakes and flowers (we had a ton of flowers). The few problems I knew about were handled and I'm sure there were tons others. He and his assistant, Kyle, made sure everything that needed to be done was done. He coordinated with all the vendors and made sure everything looked great and ran smoothly. Emmett even made us plates and guarded us until we were done eating. Sounds minor, but you try throwing a big party for yourself then tell people you need to eat before you can talk to them and see how well that goes. Nobody tells you how hard it is to not starve at your own wedding. To top it off, our leftovers, cake and car key were delivered to our room so we could go enjoy the after party. What a life saver...I didn't have to eat my new husband on our wedding night. All that and he even helped me clean up the bourbon I spilled all over my dress. He's a doll and he's worth every penny. Don't waste your time spending a ton of money on a wedding and think you don't need his help.

Reviewed on 5/23/2016 Mallory H

We intitally we not planning on hiring a wedding planner, but I had received an email from Richmond Bridal Consulting. I decided to email back and forth and finally went in for a meeting with Emmett. He promised us a stress free wedding and promised to help keep us on budget.... Read More Wig saying this, my fiancé, now husband, said that we were going to hire him. Emmett has done everything he promised us and more! I would highly, highly recommend hiring Emmett to help you plan your perfect day. He is really amazing and his assistant Kyle is so sweet as well. He carries hair pins in his hair to help us girls with our random flying hairs. I do not have enough nice things to say about Emmett and Kyle. Seriously folks, he is worth everything. We seriously had the most perfect wedding that anybody could ever ask for! Seriously, please use Emmett.

Reviewed on 5/08/2016 Chryseis A

My experience working with Emmett Hickam and Richmond Bridal Consulting was simply phenomenal. I never would have guessed he could do so much with just a simple concept of elegant but with a party atmosphere and just wanting everyone to have fun, but he did. He also introduced... Read More me to the most wonderful vendors, who excelled at everything that they did for me. There was never any stress, he kept me calm, focused, on task, and honestly, without his excellent assistance there is no way my wedding would have looked even close to the end result that he was able to achieve. He and the team he worked so hard with were able to create something that was simply magical and that my husband and I will never forget, but will always appreciate. We highly recommend using Richmond Bridal Consulting for your wedding planning needs.

Reviewed on 5/03/2016 Amy R

Emmett at Richmond Bridal Consulting was the saving grace for my wedding day! I was a very laid back bride with little direction for my wedding day. I knew I wanted it to be beautiful, and Emmett took it from there. From day 1, we decided to go with Emmett because he was able to... Read More provide us with an actual plan for our wedding day and give us a full run down of where our money would go, what would be the focal point of our décor, and his plan for our vendors. Since I was an out of town bride, my mother did most of the in-person meetings with Emmett and they formed a fast friendship! His friendly nature made him a joy to work with and someone you want to grab coffee with when its all over! This has led to great relationships with vendors, so that he was able to get us the best deal and best quality when shopping around for tables, chairs, fabrics, and tents. When I showed up at the venue on that morning, it far surpassed my expectations. I feared that the weather would put a damper on our big day, but Emmett was able to turn a foggy muggy outdoor wedding into a beautiful, intimate, and warm tented affair! Things could NOT have gone more smoothly day of, as my husband and I were able to glide swiftly through our wedding day without a single concern. He told us where to be each time we were needed and let us enjoy ourselves when we were not. In addition, his assistant Kyle was there to ensure that ANYTHING we needed was provided to us. Every member of the bridal party felt cared for and relaxed throughout the day as Emmett and his team carried their responsibilities with poise and ease! I could not imagine a more professional, friendly, talented, creative, and comforting team. Our wedding day was genuinely PERFECT (even though we may have ended up a tad over budget!). Go with Richmond Bridal Consulting for a perfect wedding day!

Winter Wedding

Reviewed on 1/11/2016 Jackie M

Working with Emmett was so wonderful. While planning my wedding my schedule was very crazy. He worked very hard to keep track of everything for me and reminding me of what steps I should do next. He had creative ideas to make my days special and unique and helped me envision... Read More what I would want on my wedding day. Because my schedule was so crazy, he was great about meeting me outside of normal business hours or talking on the phone. I'm so glad I used Richmond Bridal Consulting to help plan my wedding.

Reviewed on 1/08/2016 Abby E

Don't even waste your time elsewhere, Richmond Bridal Consulting with Emmett Hickam will be the end of your wedding worries! Emmett is enthusiastic, knowledgeable, professional, and easy to get along with. From our first meeting with him we instantly knew we were in great... Read More hands. He made us feel at ease about every decision we made throughout the planning process, and he made it fun! Communication was a breeze, as he was always there when we needed him to contact a vendor, revise a contract, or simply to offer advice. He is extremely in-tune with how to plan and create the perfect wedding. Emmett is reliable and will be by your side until the end. We could not be happier that we selected him to coordinate our wedding!

Great experience

Reviewed on 1/05/2016

Emmett and his team were fantastic. I got married in October, the weekend of hurricane Joaquin, and my wedding had to be moved from an outdoor venue to somewhere inside within 72 hours of the wedding. Emmett made countless phone calls and emails to all of my vendors to smooth... Read More the transition and make sure we had everything we needed to pull off the event in a completely different venue and still stay within our budget. He responded to all of my calls and emails along the way with solid advice and great recommendations. His relationships with vendors were extremely helpful and allowed flexibility during the planning process. Finally, Emmett's day-of coordination was great. I had multiple guests comment on how smoothly the night progressed. His team kept us on schedule, made sure we enjoyed our dinners, and even had bobby pins to fix my hair at the end of the night. I never had to worry about anything. Emmett was awesome to work with, detail-oriented, and a true professional - I highly recommend him!

Best Google Search Ever!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

When my daughter became engaged in 2014 and began planning her wedding I knew we would need someone to help her see her vision come to life. I did a Google Search on Wedding Planners in the Richmond area and one of the searches took me to Richmond Bridal Consulting. I contacted... Read More Emmett Hickam who immediately returned my call and the fun began!! The ceremony was to be held at the Edgar Allan Poe Museum Enchanted Garden with reception at Brandermill Country club. I will admit that the vision my daughter had was different than mine but with Emmett's help and encouragement he made it happen. He knew exactly what she had in mind. When she and I saw the room at Brandermill it brought her to tears. It was more than she had hoped for in everyway. It was stunning, elegant yet fun as well. He worked closely with the other vendors to make sure that Rachael got everything she wanted. Emmett was awesome to work with. Professional yet easy going. He attended to all the details and helped keep everyone focused. He was always a positive influence and kept us calm in what could be a very stressful time. He listened to what Rachael and Devin had to say but always gave his opinions and suggestions. At the rehearsal and wedding he was "Here, There and Everywhere" (the song Rachael walked down the Aisle to) taking care of details not even thought of by me. Our meetings with Emmett were well scheduled and productive as well as fun. The one thing that my daughter said the week before the wedding was how sad she was because "now we have no more meetings or talks with Emmett". Bottom line..if you want your wedding to be everything you wish for Richmond Bridal Consulting and Emmett Hickam will not disappoint. Best Google Search I ever did! Lynn Hannah

Exactly What We Needed

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Christina

Hiring Richmond Bridal Consulting was one of the best decisions I made when I started planning my wedding. I got engaged in February and we set our date for October because I knew I didn't want to wait. I'm a stubborn girl who knows what she wants but I know NOTHING about... Read More planning a wedding or the number of decisions and details that come with it. I was looking for someone with experience executing fun and beautiful weddings who could keep us in budget, recommend and connect us to vendors that match our style and budget, and consistently help us find ways to save money. I found all of that with Richmond Bridal Consulting. Emmett guided us through the all the etiquette rules and to-dos. Anytime I needed him—and I do mean anytime, he's incredibly responsive—he was there to supply an unbiased professional opinion, a note of encouragement or stand-in as mediator for difficult vendors. We had a simply beautiful ceremony and outrageously fun reception (just ask our guests!) after just 8 short months of planning. I honestly don't think we could have done it without their help. Book Richmond Bridal Consulting—you'll be glad you did.

Emmett is Awesome!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Ben M

We wanted someone who knew the business but was direct and to the point. We're both busy and we wanted a planner who could give us quick and correct answers and help us make decisions by eliminating some of the overwhelmingly large selection of options with certain... Read More decisions. Emmett was just what we were looking for to help us plan our wedding day. We used his services for partial planning help and he was extremely responsive and available to us. We met with him several times in person including a site visit where he totally reorganized our plans for the better! He has strong vendor connections and helped coordinate some of the big efforts with them. With his help we were able to pull off our perfect vision in just four months. We couldn't have done it without him and as an additional benefit he is a fun guy to work alongside.

So Professional! So Good!

Reviewed on 9/05/2015 Dianne M

My daughter and I met Emmett at a bridal fair in Richmond and after talking to several wedding planners, we hired him on the spot. For the next 8 months, Emmett was our "rock". He knows weddings, he knows vendors, and he knows how to stay in budget! Via email, phone, or text, he... Read More was always available to answer questions and help with decision making. On our wedding day, he was the first to arrive and the last to leave. He worked the entire wedding making sure that every detail was taken care of and ensured my daughter's wedding was beautiful and ran smoothly. My daughter's only complaint was that we did not hire Emmett sooner! We loved working with him. So professional and so good! I have another daughter that will probably be heading to the altar in a few years. I will definitely be calling Emmett Hickam at Richmond Bridal Consulting to help us again. Thanks, Emmett, you made our day wonderful!!

Reviewed on 8/21/2015 Laurin P

Emmett was so great throughout the whole planning process, but he really shined on our actual wedding day! He made sure we had food, drinks, the guests were happy, the gifts were ready to go, every little detail! It was so nice having someone to figure all of that stuff out the... Read More day of, so that I could actually enjoy my wedding. He was also a big help during the actual planning process he helped me pick vendors and made sure nothing was forgotten before the big day! Would recommend him to anyone in a heartbeat!

Washington-Anderson Wedding 8-1-2015

Reviewed on 8/12/2015 LATASHA W

OMG!!! Bridal Consulting made my Wedding day flawless. We had so many things going on behind the scene that none of my guest even knew about because Emmett Hickman (my Consultant/Coordinator) took care of immediately. My mind was truly at ease during Our Wedding Day. From start... Read More to finish no detail was left untouched by Richmond Bridal Consultants. More importantly the professionalism and personal touch added by Richmond Bridal Consultants was well received by all in attendance. I would highly recommend this Wedding Even Planner for future events. A truly Amazing Day and I’m so happy I made the choice to have Richmond Bridal Consultants as my Wedding Day coordinator. Thank you so much for allowing me to enjoy my day!!! #The Anderson’s