Book Your Wedding with River Ridge Golf Club

A BALLROOM IN RALEIGH, NC

The River Ridge Golf Club is within a 15-minute drive of downtown Raleigh, North Carolina. The 100-acre property consists of rolling hills interspersed with tranquil ponds and surrounded by trees, making it a scenic location for holding your wedding ceremony or reception, as well as taking striking first-look photos. There's also a 10,000-square-foot clubhouse built in the style of a classic Southern plantation, which has a regal wrought-iron staircase that is often used by brides for their grand entrance. The facility has three total event spaces.

Indoor Ballroom. With a subdued style and light, neutral color palette, the clubhouse's ballroom offers a blank canvas upon which you can build a beautifully intimate reception setting. There is a private balcony. The maximum capacity is 100 guests.

Outdoor Pavilion. Totaling 5,800 square feet, the spacious outdoor pavilion offers a covered area to host your reception in the open air. It has views of the golf course, as well as of the sunset in the west. There's romantic string lighting built into the pavilion's tent cover. The maximum capacity is 250 guests.

The Grounds. You can hold your ceremony on the lawn of the clubhouse, where seating can be arranged. The view is facing the rest of the landscaped property. The maximum capacity for outdoor ceremonies is 250 guests.

You'll have the assistance of a professional wedding planner. Outside vendors are allowed and your wedding planner can help you with coordinating their services. The venue provides bar service and you have the option of having a cash, open or limited bar. Alcohol options range from house beer and wine to specialty beer. A champagne toast is included. Bartending staff is available.

Wedding packages cover 10 hours of total event time, including both setup and cleanup. Setup starts at 10 a.m. and cleanup must be finished by 11 p.m. There's a minimum requirement of 20 guests. Rental comes with tables and white painted chairs. You’re permitted to add your own decorations to the event spaces.

If weather turns bad while your event is underway outdoors, the staff ensures that there are backup plans and assists in bringing the event indoors.

Liability insurance is offered. The building is handicap accessible and there's a parking lot on site.

There’s a private bridal suite where you’ll be able to dress and get ready prior to the event. The River Ridge Golf Club is also available to host bridal showers and engagement parties.

Nestled away in the heart of Raleigh

River Ridge Golf Club is nestled on over 100 acres in the heart of the Triangle. The 5,800 square foot outdoor pavilion overlooks our immaculate green landscape and Carolina blue skies which provides the perfect setting for any outdoor event! Guest will drive up to view our 10,000 square foot elegant, rural clubhouse, a perfect backdrop for any unforgettable event. Our outdoor pavilion was designed for hosting special events and can accommodate up to 250 guests. For a more intimate event, we have a beautiful indoor space with a private balcony that accommodate up to 100 guests. Our venue is located 15 minutes from downtown Raleigh and Cary and is easily accessible from I-40, I-540, and I-440. The best advantage is you choose the caterer or vendors that you specifically want to use!

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Country Club, Historic Venue, Tented

Planning

3224 Auburn-Knightdale Rd, Raleigh, NC (919) 661-8374
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 9/10/2015 Hannah M

My husband and I got married at River Ridge just a few weeks ago and we still cannot stop raving about how wonderful the venue was and our planner, Jamie! River Ridge was the perfect venue for us! The golf course was in great condition and left us with a beautiful back drop... Read More for our ceremony! Other than its beautiful scenery, the venue was wonderful to us in more ways than one! I have a severe food allergy and it was difficult to find a venue that allows for outside caterers (one you trust not to make you sick on your wedding day!), then we found River Ridge who allowed for our caterer to bring in food. We also were able to make a bar list and budget that fit to our needs and our bank account. I was able to get ready there in a room upstairs while my groom enjoyed playing golf with the family and some friends that morning. Overall -- A+! That was just the venue, our planner, Jamie, A++! Jamie became our planner halfway through our engagement and she didn't hesitate to jump right in and get to know us. We moved across the country almost immediately after getting engaged so we were doing all of our planning long distance. It's stressful enough in the same city, when you're hundreds of miles away triple the amount of stress; but Jamie took care of everything! I kept her updated with very detailed lists of what we wanted for decorations and our vendor list, all things that can easily be done in one sit down meeting (but we were an exception). When the day of the wedding rolled around Jamie had everything under control. Jamie was calm and collective and made the entire day run unbelievably smoothly. As a former wedding planner, I know how difficult the job is and how hectic the day-of is and I can honestly say I wouldn't have trusted our day with anyone else but Jamie!

Reviewed on 6/28/2015

We had our wedding at River Ridge on June 20th and LOVED it! It was blazing hot and rained but it did not dampen the party at all! We adjusted by moving under the tent or inside, as the facility has many different seating and socializing spaces. Jamie and her assistant Rachel... Read More worked diligently all night to ensure that the night was a success. They also met us there at noon that day to help set up and get the place ready for a great evening. We would not change one thing about our reception. We enjoyed it that much! Many of our guests enjoyed the scenic ride through the country to get to the venue which also overlooks a beautiful golf course.

Excellent Venue

Reviewed on 6/07/2014 Anthony M

River Ridge Golf Club was an amazing location to get married. The staff was extremely friendly and very helpful. The venue was beautiful, our photographers kept saying how great everything looked and we were amazed with how perfect the pictures were. We were extremely happy with... Read More how the wedding turned out and have already recommended River Ridge to friends getting married in the future.

Reviewed on 9/16/2015 Miriah M

We were recently married at River Ridge. We were happy with the scenery and the fact that there was a plan B and C in case weather did not cooperate. However, there really was no staff to help set up for the ceremony or anything like that, it was just 2 women who helped make... Read More sure everything went smoothly. The venue was beautiful and had a lot of places to take great photos. I was able to come back the following day to pick up decorations, so that helped lessen some stress the day of the wedding. Only complaint is that the staff was not dressed appropriately for the wedding ceremony and emails were not returned in a very prompt manner. Overall, we had a fantastic wedding and we do certainly recommend this venue.

Brandi's Wedding Reception

Reviewed on 11/13/2014

The golf course view with the sun setting was perfect and Elissa the planner was great to work with. I took the decorations to them the day before the all was set so I could veiw before the wedding. So many guest have commented to me that this was one of the best receptions they... Read More had EVER been to and All went so smooth. This Mom also had a great time and was not worried about all going as she wanted it to for her Daughter. Thank you RR and Elissa for making Brandi's day so Perfect! Sue:)

Beautiful Site!!

Reviewed on 11/03/2014 Anna

My father has been a member of this golf club for years and it is absolutely gorgeous! I never imagined getting married there but we did and everything went perfectly and it was gorgeous. The club house where we all got ready was very spacious and beautiful for pictures. The... Read More steps that I went down for the ceremony were very "grand" like something out of a movie!!! Even my husband, who is not really into all of the wedding stuff, commented on how nice everything looked! The weather was gorgeous and the grass was so green! We had our reception outside and the patio was partly covered and the other half open which was perfect. It was super close to the restrooms which was very convenient. All of our guests commented on how beautiful the golf course and club house was and how well everything turned out. Elissa, which was our wedding director, was amazing and on top of everything. Her water ended up breaking and I didn't even know because she had an assistant there to take over things. Her assistant was great and everything went smoothly. My husband and I enjoyed our wedding very much and would absolutely recommend this venue!!

BEAUTIFUL VENUE

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Anna K

After a lot of looking, researching & visiting other venues, it was obvious that River Ridge was the perfect setting for my daughter's wedding!! Elissa Moss was a joy to work with, as well as a great help with all the details. We cannot thank her & her staff enough for the... Read More wonderful job they did for us. Another big plus is the fact that you can choose your own caterer & other vendors, which was very important to us, as it allowed us to shop around & choose the vendor we were most comfortable with vs. having to use specific vendors. I would highly recommend checking out River Ridge before you book another venue!!

Holloman wedding

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

Elissa was very helpful in every part of the wedding from start to finish. She was there the complete day of the wedding and stayed till the last guest left. The whole staff of River View Golf course was on standby to help.

Wedding at River Ridge

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Alisen S

River Ridge is one of many beautiful golf course wedding venues but the service and endless options set it apart from the rest! Their wedding coordinator, Elissa, did a wonderful job bringing our vision to life! I also loved not being limited to a certain vendor list, I was able... Read More to choose what worked best for me.

My perfect day!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Ashley D

Elissa was so helpful throughout the planning and assured me that my day would go perfectly when she knew I was nervous about everything going wrong. It did go perfectly. Everything was so smooth and beautiful. A lot of my guests commented on how the venue was beautiful. We... Read More looked at what seemed to be a hundred places to get married at and this place won us over!

The perfect place to get married

Reviewed on 7/26/2014 charlene h

From the moment I saw river ridge I knew it was place I would marry the man of my dreams. The golf course is beautiful and a perfect background for an outdoor wedding. The staff is incredible and do a wonderful job. Elissa (coordinator) was always available to answer questions... Read More either through phone calls, emails, or in person. The venue is so beautiful we loved having the outdoor wedding expereince. I just can't say enough about the golf club. If I had to do it again I would still get married here my wedding day was like a fairy tale and it was the perfect place. In the evening the golf course is perfect for sunset pictures. Everyone at river ridge was wonderful and we can't thank you enough for making our day perfect.

Perfect wedding

Reviewed on 5/01/2014 Taryn A

My husband and I got married 4.12.14. The day couldn't have been more perfect. I knew RRGC was the perfect venue when I drove up to the clubhouse. It was so pretty. Then I met Elissa, the coordinator, and I knew she would be a great, enthusiastic, and detailed wedding... Read More coordinator. Then I walked out to the terrace, and I fell in LOVE. This place is stunning. You can make your wedding very laid back, or very fancy. You can mold it however you choose. Another perk is you bring your own Liquor, so we saved a TON of money by bringing our own. Beer and wine is through river ridge. I also had the freedom to pick any caterer, florist, DJ, rentals company etc... that I wanted because it's an a la carte venue. They don't restrict your choices, but they do have some awesome suggestions. Long story short, I created my dream wedding, Elissa was so helpful and easy to get a hold of, she made the experience so easy-going and I never had a doubt that she would pull off exactly what I wanted. Highly recommend this venue!!

Perfect Wedding Reception

Reviewed on 4/24/2014 Duane A

As the father of the bride, I could not have asked for a better wedding reception experience. Everything discussed and planned prior to the event was executed to perfection by Elissa and her staff. If you want to experience great 'day of' planning and beautiful execution, I... Read More highly recommend River Ridge Golf Club.

A+ all the way!

Reviewed on 4/08/2014 jill g

Elissa is the BEST wedding planner in NC! She had amazing insight and vision for what I wanted and serviced it all with a HUGE smile from start to finish! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS VENUE FOR YOUR INDOOR OR OUTDOOR WEDDING, YOU WILL NOT BE SORRY! AMAAAAAZING!!

Sydney's wedding

Reviewed on 12/19/2013

We were very pleased with River Ridge Golf Club. It is a beautiful venue and they went above and beyond to make our day beautiful and very accommodating. Elissa was the perfect event coordinator. She put me at ease with the comfort that they could handle any situation that... Read More might arise (weather, timing, family needs...) and she came through beautifully! She seemed to put our needs at the top of her list of priorities. We have many wonderful memories of this day. Highly recommended!!

They Didn't Let the Rain Deter Them, A+

Reviewed on 8/06/2013 Amanda D

My little sister got married this past June after a very speedy engagement. They decided to have their wedding at River Ridge as my parents live just across the golf course and for years we had been saying "They sound like they have rockin' parties up there". Well, my sister's... Read More wedding can be added to their list of rockin' parties. Even though we planned to have the ceremony out on the green, the rain had better ideas... I am not talking sprinkles; it down poured as the wedding time crept closer. Elissa at the venue was very organized and came with a plan, giving my sister all her options and had her team work quickly once a decision had been made. We had the ceremony and a fabulous party. The staff was attentive, the planner was on site the whole evening and I personally was able to get attention for things I noted that we needed just being a part of the bridal party. I would recommend this venue and the staff any day of the week.

Lindsey's wedding

Reviewed on 7/28/2013

My daughter's wedding was beautiful and it would not have been so, if it not for Elissa and her staff. The wedding was planned outdoors on the green, but as the weather would have it, we had to move the 175 people up on to the pavilion. I was not even aware of the staff busily... Read More moving the chairs, the bar, the DJ, and all to accommodate the guests. I had to just concern myself with the bride,the bridesmaids and getting my husband to the venue on time! The rain ended up stopping, the wedding and the reception were lovely, and looking at the wedding video, everything was perfect!

Love it

Reviewed on 7/17/2013 karen l

River Ridge was great for my wedding. I used them for both my ceremony and reception. Everything looked beautiful and the staff was amazing. Best part? Elissa, the events director. She is FABULOUS. She was super responsive leading up to the wedding and she worked harder than... Read More anyone on the day of the wedding. I highly recommend River Ridge.

Amazing venue, Elissa is awesome!

Reviewed on 7/10/2013 Deena H

My wife and I couldn't have dreamed of a better wedding at River Ridge Golf Club. The venue is beautiful, especially on a nice clear day that we had :) Even in the event of rain, they had an alternate rain location that would have been quite suitable. Everything went... Read More smoothly, without a hitch, and Elissa is always on the ball from the initial contact all the way through clean up after the event. Elissa helped us immensely getting ready for and on our big day (loved that she gave us a list of vendors, but we were free to chose whatever vendor we wanted), and was totally flexible to any requests we had (she called our transportation company the night of our wedding to make sure they came on time!). Everything was prepared, on time, and professionally done. Thank you to River Ridge Golf Club, and especially Elissa for making our day perfect! -Nick

Worked out perfectly!

Reviewed on 5/05/2013 Laura W

River Ridge and all of the people that we worked with there were great. Elissa and Catherine were fantastic. They were easy to get in touch with when we had questions and they ensured that everything went smoothly during our rehearsal and on our wedding day. The venue space was... Read More great for our size of wedding- we had about 90 guests and they fit perfectly under the roof of the open pavilion, but you could definitely fit more. We opted to get the tent in addition to the pavilion, and we are glad we did because it provided the perfect dance floor/bar area. The pavilion looks plain when you first see it, but you can really make it look however you want; it is a blank canvas, but it really looks fabulous once you have all your tables, decorations, center pieces, and food/drink areas set up. Everything fits under the space perfectly, believe them when they tell you that! The weather held out for us, thankfully, and we were able to do the ceremony on the green at the bottom of the back stairs as planned. We had cocktail hour outside as well under the back stairs facing the golf course, which also worked great. RR provides beer and wine of your choosing, we got a selection of beers from some of the local breweries, which was great. If you want liquor, you have to get your own license for it, buy it on your own and bring it in to the venue. But this is really not a big deal, the license is easy to get and this way you can choose exactly what you want. The RR staff will serve all alcohol and keep whatever beer and wine you don't use, you don't pay extra for that. We were totally happy with our experience at River Ridge. I would recommend it to any one who is looking for a laid back, but super professional and beautiful place. They will take care of you!

Exceptional!!

Reviewed on 1/04/2013 Kelsey D

I was beyond pleased with River Ridge Golf Club as my reception venue. The reception package offered was affordable, the indoor/outdoor area was beautiful and spacious, and the service was exceptional. Elissa Schubert, the events coordinator, was great to work with. She was... Read More friendly, knowledgeable and efficient. I highly recommend River Ridge!

Perfect day

Reviewed on 11/01/2012 Annie Z

Elissa was a fantastic director to work with for our wedding. She was understanding, flexible, and always available. She was able to create my vision on the morning of since I wouldn't be able to set up the tables myself and executed the night beautifully. I am very happy with... Read More Elissa and River Ridge!

The Perfect day!

Reviewed on 10/24/2012 Becky R

This place and the people in charge of the weddings were great. For over a year, they were there for us every step of the way. They suggested vendors, answered questions, and helped us so much We loved the fact that the venue was ours for the reception and all day wedding... Read More day. We didn't have to hurry out because someone else had the place reserved. The staff was fantastic and available to us 24/7. It turned out beautiful and all of our guests had nothing but fantastic things to say about my daughter's day. Thank you River RIdge!!

PERFECT!

Reviewed on 10/22/2012 Nicole T

River Ridge provided my wedding party and I the best service! There was always somebody around to help and they were always quick to reply to any questions we had. The location was beautiful and the ceremony and reception went off without a hitch. It wouldn't have been possible... Read More without the River Ridge team!

Special Wedding at River Ridge!

Reviewed on 9/29/2012 Jake B

River Ridge is a fantastic place to get married! My now wife and I had a great experience from the initial consultation through our wedding. The wedding coordinator, Elissa, was easy to work with and always available when we had a question. All of the staff were very... Read More professional and made our special day that much better. The flexibility we had to make the wedding “ours” was very nice because we felt like we were able to customize the wedding to our tastes. You can bring in whatever vendors you wish so you are not bound to one specific theme, and Elissa has plenty of recommendations for whatever style you are going for. Everyone at our wedding said the venue looked great and that everything seemed very well organized. I would recommend that anyone looking to get married to stop by and get a tour, you will be happy you did!

Meet The Events Director

Miranda Day

Graduate from NC State University with a Bachelor of Science in Parks, Recreation, Tourism Management with a concentration in Tourism and Commercial Management. I am a customer-oriented and experience-driven Certified Wedding Planner with expertise in sales, marketing, client services and conflict management. Before becoming the main contact as the Sales and Events Director, I planned and executed weddings, golf outings, member-guest tournaments and other various special events as the Assistant Event Coordinator. I enjoy piecing together all the little details that make a wedding flourish!