Artistic Wedding & Portrait Photography

Riverland Studios is a full service photography studio that offers brides & grooms a premier group of professional photographers specializing in wedding and portrait photography. Based in Charleston, Columbia, & Charlotte, we shoot at wedding venues all over the Southeast.

Specialty

A Variety/Blend of Styles

Other Styles

Boudoir, Trash the Dress

3464 Maybank Hwy, Johns Island, SC

Wedding Photography

Reviewed on 5/09/2014 Liz C

I absolutely loved our wedding photographer!!! Our pictures turned out so beautiful thanks to Shannon!!! She is so talented and really made sure that she knew what we wanted before the wedding so that she was able to capture what was most important to us. I could not be happier with Riverland Studios- they are a great team to work with:)

Riverland Studios=wonderful!

Reviewed on 4/23/2014 Carson Y

Shannon and Emily with Riverland were wonderful to work with! They understood our style and were so fun. They made both of us feel comfortable and at ease. We got married outside at our family's plantation, so there were certain pictures we definitely didn't want to miss-Shannon made sure we got those special pictures. They were so professional and we will forever cherish our special pictures!

FABULOUS!!!

Reviewed on 12/30/2013 Meghan C

Riverland is a great company and Shannon was our photographer and she was completely fantastic! Riverland offers great wedding photo packages that are reasonably priced and they are very flexible and accommodating. We took pictures with Shannon all over the Magnolia Gardens property and she was so wonderful and happy to work with. She was professional, accommodating, and great with all of our guests. I cannot say enough good things about our experience with Shannon and Riverland as an overall business. The pictures are beautiful that I am going to be keeping forever.

Amazing!!

Reviewed on 4/21/2015

Brittany did a fabulous job as our wedding photographer!! She was incredibly responsive throughout our wedding planning- I was able to work with her months before our wedding to create a "shot list" of different types of pictures we wanted to get during our wedding and Brittany provided such helpful feedback. Our wedding pictures turned out absolutely gorgeous!!! Riverland Studios was a pleasure to work with and I would strongly recommend them to any soon-to-be Charleston bride who is looking for great wedding photographers.

Wedding Photographer

Reviewed on 3/14/2015 Anna F

Working with Jeanne from Riverland Studios on our wedding day was fantastic! She listened to our vision for what we wanted in our wedding photos, and she delivered beyond our expectations! We absolutely love our wedding photos!!! We would highly recommend this team!

Shannon with Riverland is THE BEST!!

Reviewed on 1/28/2015 Lauren B

Shannon Holton with Riverland Studios perfectly captured our wedding day. She was such a joy to work with and I could not have asked for a better photographer! Even dealing with freezing temps, rain, and high winds, Shannon kept her cool which helped keep me calm. And the pictures turned out AMAZING!! Not only did it look like a sunny warm day, but Shannon captured all of the high points of the evening and how much fun our guest had. The first time I reviewed the pictures, I teared up because it brought me right back the to wedding and reminded me how special the day was. Since the wedding, Riverland has been so easy to work with. I love the preview they send and post on their blog shortly following the wedding. And ordering prints is very easy. If you are getting married in Charleston, call Riverland and Shannon!! Thank you!!

Loved Brooke and the Riverland Staff!

Reviewed on 1/25/2015 Lindsey K

When we were looking for a photographer, we were looking for a company that wouldn't break the bank but would provide outstanding service and quality. My wedding planner (Sage Innovations) recommended Riverland Studios and we couldn't have been happier with them. One look at Brooke's portfolio and I was sold! They made the whole process very easy; I could keep track of my payments online and they even sent a little survey prior to the wedding so they could get all of the details in an organized manner (bridal party, names, family members, shots we wanted, etc). Brooke called me a few weeks before to talk through everything so she could be ready to go the day of. After a very successful wedding day full of photos, my husband and I received the final photos and are thrilled. She captured my vision perfectly and I cry every time I look at them! Thanks Brooke and the entire Riverland Studios team for making our day last a lifetime!

We love Riverland Studios and Brittany!

Reviewed on 1/04/2015 Noelle N

Our photograher with Riverland Studios, Brittany, has a creative and unique eye for her surroundings. She is extremely talented. While planning, she listened to my thoughts on the aesthetic of the wedding overall (which was extremely important to me) and the style of photography we were looking for and was able to execute perfectly! She was patient, positive and easy going the entire day and was so kind to stay a few minutes extra when we were running behind. Riverland Studios was professional, organized, communicative and responsive throughout the process. They were one of my favorite and easiest aspects of planning a wedding - no small feat! Thank you so much for a great experience Brittany and Riverland!

Riverland Studios Wedding review

Reviewed on 12/29/2014 Anjuli L

I absolutely loved working with Riverland Studios! They were professional, flexible, and SO creative! Shannon was a dream to work with. My husband is a little camera shy, and somehow Shannon managed to capture so much of his personality in our engagement and wedding day photos. She captured a beautiful mix of traditional posed pictures and fun candids throughout every moment of the day. I was smiling ear-to-ear reliving each moment. Also, turn-around time to get images was very quick. Highest recommendation! :)

Beautiful pictures

Reviewed on 12/29/2014 Julie B

I worked with Cana and she did a wonderful job. She was very sweet and would take my input to the pictures as well. A breeze to work with!

Riverland Studios for photography and videography

Reviewed on 10/10/2014 Erin M

The whole team is AWESOME! Our photos captured the entire day - not just the details and the people, but the sentiment - it was amazing! Thank you Shannon for being our awesome photographer and thank you to Morgan for being our videographer....we got so many incredible pictures but still got to enjoy every minute. The team was so easy to work with before the wedding - I felt like I know Shannon and Morgan (and Mat) before I ever met them. My package was for 8 hours of coverage, plus two hours for an extra shooter and a videographer...we were on a budget but you would never know from what Riverland Studios created! I would recommend them to anyone getting married in the Upstate - I was a destination bride and they were one of the best decisions I could have made - aside from the great team, their payment system and contracts could not have been easier to navigate, so thank you for making that part easy and stress free.

Brooke was amazing!

Reviewed on 9/15/2014 Amanda W

Our experience with Riverland Studios was optimum from start to finish. Upon contacting them for services, Mat, the Studio Manager, helped us select our photographer for the event. We loved Brooke's bio and portfolio, she seemed like the perfect fit to photograph our wedding. We met with Brooke a few months before our big day, and she was so sweet and was very knowledgable with the whole process. As a first time bride, she really put my mind at ease because I knew she would have a schedule to get all the shots we wanted. Riverland Studios also impressed us with the thoroughness in their process. They occasionally sent us questionnaires that got all the information they needed from us in order for them to capture all the important people and moments on our wedding day. The questionnaires were spread out well enough so that it did not seem overwhelming to fill them out. When our wedding day finally arrived, Brooke had arrived early to scope out great locations for our shots, and was even early to meet with us to get started! Things of course were already a bit hectic with all of the girls and guys getting ready, and Brooke sensed she needed to take charge to get everyone where they needed to be for her shots. We went to two locations before our ceremony to take photos, and it was all due to Brooke keeping everyone moving and on schedule that we were able to make it to our ceremony on time! She was so polite while doing her job and you could tell how much she loved it because she would get so excited when she got a great shot! She did her job so well that she was noticeable when she needed to be but faded into the crowd when she didn't need to be. My dad even mentioned to me that he didn't even notice her during the ceremony and reception - he was shocked that she got all the shots that she did because he barely even saw her! Overall I would definitely recommend Brooke and Riverland Studios to anyone because our shots turned out phenomenally!

Excellent value for money!

Reviewed on 12/17/2013 Page N

Riverland Studios is excellent value for money. We were shocked at how quick and painless the photography process was on our wedding day. Jeanne and her assistant were personable and fun to be around. At the reception, we even forgot they were there! Most importantly, they captured all of the photos we were hoping to get and more. We could not be more pleased that we hired Riverland to photograph our wedding!

Great Photography Company in the Low Country

Reviewed on 11/18/2013 Kelsi W

I loved loved loved every moment of my experience with Riverland Studios. Our photographer was Jeanne Mitchum and she was just excellent. Riverland is an affordable option for photography, but does not lack any quality. Our pictures including engagements, bridals, and the wedding were all so beautiful and captured every moment just as it was; unforgettable! Between the amazing photographers and the quality care from the business owners, my experience with them could not have been better. They also provide a print release and a USB with all of your photos plus ordering of prints through them at a great cost to you. I 100% recommend Riverland Studios!

Great Wedding Photographers!

Reviewed on 11/04/2013 Avery E

Riverland Studios was a great choice for our wedding photographer! We had 2 photographers hired for our big day (Priscilla and Lucy) and they were both professional and fun! Priscilla met with me several times to be sure she understood exactly what I wanted and expected. The photos turned out beautiful and I am extremely pleased!!!! I highly recommend Riverland's servics

Cannot recommend enough: truly a pleasure to work with

Reviewed on 10/08/2013 Alice P

From the beginning, Riverland Studios was a dream come true. Their services and costs are outlined in incredible detail on their website--which cannot be said at all of most studios--and they offered incredible flexibility beyond block-packages. The photographers' pages and portfolios on their website allowed us to explore the various photography styles available in great depth and while they were all exceptional, Shannon's portfolio stood out in particular. After looking at probably two dozen portfolios before coming across the Riverland Studios crew, the fact that the subjects of Shannon's pictures all appeared comfortable, natural, and happy really stood out to us. Sure enough, she put me completely at ease during my portrait session, for which I had been quite nervous. While there certainly is a posed element to wedding photos, especially the formal group shots, Shannon engaged our wedding party in such a way that everyone really could just be themselves. The expressions and reactions are genuine. There's nothing stiff or awkward about any of them. We are all so happy with the final products, which were delivered to us very soon after the wedding on a flash drive, with files in high resolution for printing and low resolution for posting on social media. I greatly prefer this to just ordering prints because we have more flexibility to decide which prints we want while still having the files for viewing pleasure. Beyond the value and quality of their products, the staff at Riverland couldn't be nicer or more helpful. Mat must have answered several hours worth of questions I had along the way and was always eager to do so; Lucy kept me in the loop on the progress of the editing and proofing; and Shannon has to be one of the kindest individuals I've ever had the pleasure to meet. She's hard-working, organized, compassionate, and sincere. Her passion and enthusiasm for her work is evident in every interaction and working with her was a joy throughout.

riverland studios

Reviewed on 9/28/2013 Allyson S

Working with Riverland was amazing! Our photographer, Caroline, was such a blast to work with and did an AWESOME job on our photos. She was able to handle all of our silly requests and had a creative touch to add to all of our photos. I would use them over and over again!

Wonderful Photographer

Reviewed on 9/21/2013 Shannon R

I chose Shannon with Riverland Studios as my wedding photographer and was so happy with my choice. She was extremely professional and most of all sweet and wonderful to work with. My family and friends even commented on how great she was. The pictures turned out wonderful and I would recommend her to anyone.

Love love love Riverland Studios

Reviewed on 8/10/2013 Christine M

Riverland Studios is the best! We worked with Caroline Howard. She is very professional, worked with our every need, and was very responsive. She made us feel at ease during our photo sessions, engagement and wedding. They were able to capture the joy and fun of the whole event.

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC

Reviewed on 8/07/2013 Stephanie G

After interviewing numerous photographers a friend recommended Riverland Studio’s in Charleston and I’m so glad they did! I checked out their website, spoke with Mat and instantly knew that was it. We decided to go with Marylou based on her experience and photography style. Our first time meeting was for our engagement photos and we knew instantly that we had made the right choice. Marylou takes amazing photographs but her eye for a perfect backdrop is what really impressed me. Every shoot, engagement, bridals, and the wedding were absolutely gorgeous! She was able to capture all the traditional moments that we wanted to remember while still keeping with the overall artistic feel I really loved. Throughout the whole experience we were in constant contact making sure we were always on the same page. We even created a pinterest board which really helped with the must have photos. Riverland Studios handled all the editing and did a fantastic job! They provided me with a sneak peak of each session before all the photos were ready which I really appreciated. Waiting weeks for photos is tough so the sneak peak was a really big hit for my family and me. Mat and the whole team made the experience as painless and enjoyable as possible. I highly recommend Marylou and Riverland Studios!

Riverland Studio

Reviewed on 8/04/2013 elizabeth p

Riverland Studio is awesome! Couldn't have asked for a better experience. Professional, fun, and easy to work with. Jennings shot our wedding and was a.m.a.z.i.n.g!!! Couldn't have asked for someone to make us feel more comfortable (we only met her the morning of our wedding because we live out of state!!). She pulled us aside quickly to snap a few pictures while the sunset was perfect. She was really fast and organized with the family group shots. She captured the most perfect candid moments that literally brought me to tears after receiving our pictures a few weeks after the wedding. Everyone on the Riverland team is great and I would recommend the studio in a heartbeat!

Fantastic

Reviewed on 7/29/2013 Sherri E

Finding a fantastic photographer was a must have for our wedding and we couldn't be happier with our experience with Riverland Studios. The price and the service were great. Everyone that we were in contact with at the studio was polite and professional. Caroline was our photographer and she's simply fantastic. We were on the same page the entire time which made the process so much easier. She did a great job at capturing our special day, our pictures are beautiful!

Top Notch.

Reviewed on 7/15/2013 Laura B

Riverland Studio was very professional and played a major role in making our day so special for us. Jeanne was able to capture some moments that will last a lifetime. Jeanne was a delight to work with and knew exactly what we were looking for in our pictures. We received the photos in a very timely manner as. Great quality and the editing team with very attentive to all of our needs/wishes.

Amazing. Awesome. Fantastic!

Reviewed on 6/14/2013 Rachel D

Literally everything about this company is fantastic! Great prices, great photographers, awesome attitudes they are just overall a great studio. I only had one photographer at my wedding, Shannon, and she was great. She has a lot of skill and is really easy to work with she listens well to what the bride/groom, and family wants and makes great compromises. She even gave us a few extra minutes of time and caught our cake cutting, and eating and some dancing. The quality of the photos are really great! I love all of my photos and wish I could have taken more.

All around great experience!

Reviewed on 5/29/2013 Kait M

We used Shannon from Riverland Studios are our photographer and she did a fantastic job. Both my husband and I are not ones to enjoy having our picture taken, but Shannon made the entire process easy and comfortable. Post-wedding, the editing was done quickly and beautifully, and the management staff has been more than helpful with any questions we had have. I would highly recommend this company to anyone in the Charleston area!

TO Riverland Studios