Riverland Studios

South Carolina & Surrounding States

Artistic Wedding & Portrait Photography

Riverland Studios is a full service photography studio that offers brides & grooms a premier group of professional photographers specializing in wedding and portrait photography. Based in Charleston, Columbia, & Charlotte, we shoot at wedding venues all over the Southeast.

Artistic, Documentary, Lifestyle

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

3464 Maybank Hwy, Johns Island, SC South Carolina & Surrounding States (843) 531-9373

Wedding Photography

Reviewed on 5/09/2014 Liz C

I absolutely loved our wedding photographer!!! Our pictures turned out so beautiful thanks to Shannon!!! She is so talented and really made sure that she knew what we wanted before the wedding so that she was able to capture what was most important to us. I could not be happier... Read More with Riverland Studios- they are a great team to work with:)

Riverland Studios=wonderful!

Reviewed on 4/23/2014 Carson Y

Shannon and Emily with Riverland were wonderful to work with! They understood our style and were so fun. They made both of us feel comfortable and at ease. We got married outside at our family's plantation, so there were certain pictures we definitely didn't want to miss-Shannon... Read More made sure we got those special pictures. They were so professional and we will forever cherish our special pictures!

FABULOUS!!!

Reviewed on 12/30/2013 Meghan C

Riverland is a great company and Shannon was our photographer and she was completely fantastic! Riverland offers great wedding photo packages that are reasonably priced and they are very flexible and accommodating. We took pictures with Shannon all over the Magnolia Gardens... Read More property and she was so wonderful and happy to work with. She was professional, accommodating, and great with all of our guests. I cannot say enough good things about our experience with Shannon and Riverland as an overall business. The pictures are beautiful that I am going to be keeping forever.

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Rebecca P

I decided to choose Riverland Studios, and specifically Cana, to photograph my wedding because of several reasons. After reaching out to the studio for more information, Priscilla, the Studio Manager, was very responsive and helpful. The package offerings fit our needs, and you... Read More can even add on options. Cana was an awesome choice as a photographer. She was very friendly and accommodating to the pictures that we really wanted to take. She even rode the trolley with the bridal party! And to top it off, our pictures are BEAUTIFUL! Overall, Riverland Studios offers some of the best options for wedding photography in the Charleston area!

Reviewed on 5/12/2017 Christie B

I can't even begin to say how amazing Riverland Studios was at our wedding. Emily and her colleague were AMAZING from start to finish. Emily even met me for coffee a couple months before the wedding to make sure she knew exactly what I was hoping for so she could get everything... Read More in her shots. Her personality is awesome and she was in all the right spots for all the right moments. I can't wait to see all the photos come in-we're going to crack open a bottle of wine and look through them all once they do! Thank you thank you thank you Emily and he Riverland Studios team!!

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 Susan D

We worked with Emily Baucom from Riverland Studios and I'm sooo happy we did. Emily started way back with engagement photos with us on Folly Beach. She was absolutely amazing - giving us little hints and suggestions and making us feel so comfortable in front of the camera. We... Read More brought our two dogs along for the shoot and she even made them look like models. We have so many beautiful shots from our engagement shoot! Emily also photographed my bridal portraits and wow did she make me look great! She's so helpful with directions and poses. She recently photographed our wedding on Magnolia Plantation. We haven't received the pictures yet (we just got married!), but I know they're going Robbie beautiful! Emily is such a wonderful photographer! She's so easy going, but knows exactly how to get the most beautiful shots! She doesn't hesitate to climb on a chair or the bushes! I can't say enough great things about her! I highly recommend her and Riverland Studios for any of your photography needs!

Reviewed on 4/04/2017 Raelle S

Absolutely loved working with Noni from Riverland Studios for our wedding. She was super attentive, down-to-earth, fun, and professional. I did a lot of research on wedding photography in Charleston and the quality and value of Riverland Studios was unparalleled. Priscilla... Read More was very responsive and helped set me up with Noni (who we requested). We loved the natural style of her photography. I found the online portal for payment and questionnaires for the wedding day to be super helpful. On the day of the wedding, we had 7 hours of photography. Noni and Sarah (her assistant) took the more formal photos at White Point Gardens and they were very efficient. We also had Rachel as a second photographer for the reception. Right after our ceremony, we spent about 10 min with Noni and Sarah doing some couples shots next to the venue. I cannot wait to get all the photos back. If you are getting married in Charleston, Riverland Studios should be your pick!

Reviewed on 2/19/2017 Brooke H

Riverland studios is so great to work with! I was planning my destination wedding in Charleston, and Riverland Studios was one of the most wonderful venues I hired. They are professional and organized. I worked specifically with the photographer, Shannon Noel. All I can say is... Read More she is WONDERFUL. On my wedding day, Shannon had taken all of my notes and requests into consideration. She was so professional, and calm. For a woman that felt a little frantic on my wedding day...that ALL went away when Shannon showed up. She is so reassuring. I have gotten so many compliments on my wedding photos. Friends of mine have even told me they love my pictures even more than they love their own wedding photos. I have told so many of my friends who my photographer was because my pictures are so breathtaking. If you want beautiful photos to remember for a lifetime, Riverland Studios will transform your wedding into a fairytale/magazine/flawless event. I can't say enough about how much I loved working with Riverland Studios. Don't look anywhere else! Their photographers and staff will make you feel unique and important.

Reviewed on 2/06/2017 Kait S

Book with Riverland. They are professional but very caring about what special details in your wedding you would like photographed. We requested to work with Noni, one of the main photographers on their team, and she did such a phenomenal job. Riverland Studios is a collection of... Read More photographers, so look through them and see who's work you like best! We were so happy to get Noni, as she was my now husband and my's first choice. She worked with me through a consultation to find a timeline for photos that fit our budget and made the process a breeze.

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Kristen S

I cannot possibly recommend Riverland Studios enough! The owner, Priscilla, is so responsive to e-mails, and she did a wonderful job communicating with throughout our wedding planning process. We chose Emily as our photographer, and we could not have imagined a more perfect... Read More person to shoot our wedding day! She is so laid-back and fun to work with, and she made me and my husband feel so comfortable in front of the camera. Our photos turned out beautifully, and I am so happy we chose Riverland to document our special day!

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Allison L

Being a bride that was planning a destination wedding, I was extremely nervous when trying to find a photographer. I looked at many different photographers but Riverland Studios was recommended to me by a previous bride who used my venue. There are truly not enough words to... Read More describe how incredible Riverland Studios was. From the second I went to their website, to talking with Priscilla, and working with Cana, it was such a blessing to have found these women to capture my wedding day. Priscilla and Cana were always so attentive with questions and Cana was able to meet with my mom and I when we were in town. Cana was there on our wedding day, had everything planned out to a T, captured every photo I asked for and more for 12 hours, pregnant! She was such a trooper and has a true talent for photography. She did a great job organizing family photos so that we did not waste a ton of time and shot so many pictures during the ceremony and reception without being seen. I highly recommend Cana and the Riverland Studios team, they are amazing!

Reviewed on 8/06/2016 Brittany M

Absolutely loved working with Riverland Studios! They were such a great help with finding me a photographer that would be perfect for me, and they did! Emily was wonderful to work with and really captured all the moments I wanted!

Reviewed on 6/30/2016 Karysma G

I had Shannon as my photographer from Riverland Studios and she was amazing!!! She made my husband feel super comfortable taking photos (which he hates doing) and was just a positive energy that contributed to my wedding day and how great it was. Any photos I asked for she would... Read More gladly do, and when my groomsmen got a little sidetracked she rolled with it and was a good sport. She picked the best spots at my venue (Dunes West) and knew exactly what she was doing. I would 100% recommend her and the studio as a whole. She is shooting one of my bridesmaids weddings in October and I am so excited to be working with her again!! She also brought a second shooter with her to capture moments in the grooms dressing room and downstairs before I walked out, which are things I didn't even think about. So grateful for her.

Reviewed on 6/16/2016 Ally N

Emily was such a joy to work with. She has a great personality and is very laid back, which is great for any bride who is stressed! She has fun and romantic shot ideas and was all over the ceremony and reception snapping photos away. I highly recommend her and Riverland... Read More Studios!

Reviewed on 6/01/2016 Emily G

We were thrilled with our photos and our photographer, Shannon!!!! Riverland Studios was wonderful to work with and Shannon reached out before-hand to make sure we got to talk about what was important to us. She captured our day beautifully, and really put at us ease in front of... Read More the camera. Can't say enough good things!!!

Reviewed on 5/13/2016 Elizabeth M

I had an amazing experience working with Riverland Studios!! Shannon photographed both our engagement photos and our wedding! Shannon is as personable as she is talented! She was incredibly receptive to what we wanted and so easy to work with! The studio itself was extremely... Read More professional and organized. The used an online client portal for payments, communication, and ordering prints that made everything seamless. Both our wedding photos and engagement photos are incredible, people say it looks a magazine shoot. Throughout my experience working with them, they included special touches that showed that client satisfaction was one of their highest priorities, from sending a small gift to making sure I had enough time with my second shooter. I would highly recommend Riverland Studios and Shannon.

Reviewed on 1/08/2016 Ashley M

I put my best friend - a professional wedding photographer - to the task of selecting not only a wedding photography studio, but also a wedding photographer from that studio. She considered price point, but mainly focused on their portfolios because the images captured on your... Read More wedding day are priceless. Both of the portfolios she selected were from Riverland Studio and her top choice was Cana from Riverland. I'm happy to say that Riverland and Cana did not disappoint. We had a beautiful day celebrating our wedding with an intimate guest list. Cana captured us and our family/friends beautifully. We will cherish our wedding photos! I'm very happy with the professionalism of the studio as well. In the planning and payment process I had several questions and I always received a helpful, sweet and prompt response from Priscilla - their Studio Manager.

Reviewed on 1/06/2016 Lissie S

We worked with Amanda for a 2 hour engagement session at Boone Hall, and she was so fun! She had her work cut out for her-- neither of us are really crazy about being photographed-- but she made it such an enjoyable experience. Just got our sneak-peek today (1 week after our... Read More shoot) and they look awesome! Worth every penny. Book with Riverland!!!

Reviewed on 1/04/2016 Leigh N

Haley and the team at Riverland Studios were great to work with! My hair piece fell out right before the ceremony and Haley went above and beyond to help me get it back in place and looking good! We just had a small, family-only ceremony downtown, and Haley felt like part of the... Read More family by the end of the shoot. My husband and I looked at multiple photography studios before deciding on Riverland (by the recommendation of a friend who also used them) because of their price and the quality of their work.

Amazing Charleston Area Photographer!!! - Riverland Studios / Emily Baucom

Reviewed on 12/13/2015 Andi S

Emily Baucom was my photographer and she knocked it out of the park! I couldn't be happier with my pictures and editing. She was seamless, easygoing, friendly and as the pictures prove, a true natural talent when it comes to capturing a moment and a mood. I told her what types... Read More of shots I did and didn't want and she got it to a tee without being told twice. I highly recommend going with Riverland for the product and the pricing. Here is a blog post of the pics - http://www.theweddingrow.com/andi-hub-mingo-point/ I'll let you be the judge.

Reviewed on 12/09/2015 Jenna B

We are so thankful for Riverland Studios and the wonderfully talented Emily! Our wedding photos are beautiful and timeless, and she made everyone so comfortable in front of the camera!

Reviewed on 9/09/2015 Brianna B

Book right now!!! This studio is top notch. We chose Sarah as our photographer and cannot say enough kind things about her. Not only are her photos AMAZING - she is also and incredible person just to be around. Each photographer has their own style of shooting and Sarah's "... Read More capture the moment, not make the moment" approach is just what we were looking for. Our pictures are all filled with laughter and they ooze happiness. Kudos to Noni for being a fabulous editor!! She does not overlook a single detail when editing your photos. Thank you ladies!!!!

Reviewed on 8/20/2015 Samantha L

I cannot say enough good things about my experience with Riverland Studios! I was planning a Charleston wedding from Philadelphia, so I had to put A LOT of trust in the people I was working with. Not only was Priscilla (Studio Manager) a pleasure to work with, but she was... Read More willing to customize our package as we weren't having the full 5 hour wedding. Ironically, that was really difficult to find! Our day-of photographer Bridgit was the BIGGEST joy! We are literally laughing in every single one of our pictures, and it's all thanks to her and the environment she created for us. Everything that was stated in her biography held true. Again, I cannot say enough about my experience with Riverland. I have been getting rave reviews about my pictures and all my Northern friends are upset they can't use your services! THANK YOU!!!

Reviewed on 8/05/2015 Megan M

It was a joy and a pleasure having Cana of Riverland Studios shoot our wedding! She worked within the parameters of our church and made a special stop for some outdoor pictures of just the bride and groom prior to the reception. The outdoor pictures are stunning. Her use of... Read More the early evening sun, the flowers and trees, were my favorite pictures of the day! Thank you for capturing our day perfectly.

Reviewed on 7/09/2015

Shannon Holton did a fantastic job at capturing all the special moments of our big day. Shannon was so fun and really cared about what we wanted out of the photos. She always had a smile on her face and made me feel more like a friend, rather than a client. The pictures are... Read More unreal and we had such a great, professional experience with the whole team at Riverland Studios. We could not be more grateful!