Riverland Studios

South Carolina & Surrounding States

Artistic Wedding & Portrait Photography

Riverland Studios is a full service photography studio that offers brides & grooms a premier group of professional photographers specializing in wedding and portrait photography. Based in Charleston, Columbia, & Charlotte, we shoot at wedding venues all over the Southeast.

Artistic, Documentary, Lifestyle

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

3464 Maybank Hwy, Johns Island, SC South Carolina & Surrounding States (843) 531-9373

Wedding Photography

Reviewed on 5/09/2014 Liz C

I absolutely loved our wedding photographer!!! Our pictures turned out so beautiful thanks to Shannon!!! She is so talented and really made sure that she knew what we wanted before the wedding so that she was able to capture what was most important to us. I could not be happier... Read More with Riverland Studios- they are a great team to work with:)

Riverland Studios=wonderful!

Reviewed on 4/23/2014 Carson Y

Shannon and Emily with Riverland were wonderful to work with! They understood our style and were so fun. They made both of us feel comfortable and at ease. We got married outside at our family's plantation, so there were certain pictures we definitely didn't want to miss-Shannon... Read More made sure we got those special pictures. They were so professional and we will forever cherish our special pictures!

FABULOUS!!!

Reviewed on 12/30/2013 Meghan C

Riverland is a great company and Shannon was our photographer and she was completely fantastic! Riverland offers great wedding photo packages that are reasonably priced and they are very flexible and accommodating. We took pictures with Shannon all over the Magnolia Gardens... Read More property and she was so wonderful and happy to work with. She was professional, accommodating, and great with all of our guests. I cannot say enough good things about our experience with Shannon and Riverland as an overall business. The pictures are beautiful that I am going to be keeping forever.

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Kristen S

I cannot possibly recommend Riverland Studios enough! The owner, Priscilla, is so responsive to e-mails, and she did a wonderful job communicating with throughout our wedding planning process. We chose Emily as our photographer, and we could not have imagined a more perfect... Read More person to shoot our wedding day! She is so laid-back and fun to work with, and she made me and my husband feel so comfortable in front of the camera. Our photos turned out beautifully, and I am so happy we chose Riverland to document our special day!

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Allison L

Being a bride that was planning a destination wedding, I was extremely nervous when trying to find a photographer. I looked at many different photographers but Riverland Studios was recommended to me by a previous bride who used my venue. There are truly not enough words to... Read More describe how incredible Riverland Studios was. From the second I went to their website, to talking with Priscilla, and working with Cana, it was such a blessing to have found these women to capture my wedding day. Priscilla and Cana were always so attentive with questions and Cana was able to meet with my mom and I when we were in town. Cana was there on our wedding day, had everything planned out to a T, captured every photo I asked for and more for 12 hours, pregnant! She was such a trooper and has a true talent for photography. She did a great job organizing family photos so that we did not waste a ton of time and shot so many pictures during the ceremony and reception without being seen. I highly recommend Cana and the Riverland Studios team, they are amazing!

Reviewed on 8/06/2016 Brittany M

Absolutely loved working with Riverland Studios! They were such a great help with finding me a photographer that would be perfect for me, and they did! Emily was wonderful to work with and really captured all the moments I wanted!

Reviewed on 6/30/2016 Karysma G

I had Shannon as my photographer from Riverland Studios and she was amazing!!! She made my husband feel super comfortable taking photos (which he hates doing) and was just a positive energy that contributed to my wedding day and how great it was. Any photos I asked for she would... Read More gladly do, and when my groomsmen got a little sidetracked she rolled with it and was a good sport. She picked the best spots at my venue (Dunes West) and knew exactly what she was doing. I would 100% recommend her and the studio as a whole. She is shooting one of my bridesmaids weddings in October and I am so excited to be working with her again!! She also brought a second shooter with her to capture moments in the grooms dressing room and downstairs before I walked out, which are things I didn't even think about. So grateful for her.

Reviewed on 6/16/2016 Ally N

Emily was such a joy to work with. She has a great personality and is very laid back, which is great for any bride who is stressed! She has fun and romantic shot ideas and was all over the ceremony and reception snapping photos away. I highly recommend her and Riverland... Read More Studios!

Reviewed on 6/01/2016 Emily G

We were thrilled with our photos and our photographer, Shannon!!!! Riverland Studios was wonderful to work with and Shannon reached out before-hand to make sure we got to talk about what was important to us. She captured our day beautifully, and really put at us ease in front of... Read More the camera. Can't say enough good things!!!

Reviewed on 5/13/2016 Elizabeth M

I had an amazing experience working with Riverland Studios!! Shannon photographed both our engagement photos and our wedding! Shannon is as personable as she is talented! She was incredibly receptive to what we wanted and so easy to work with! The studio itself was extremely... Read More professional and organized. The used an online client portal for payments, communication, and ordering prints that made everything seamless. Both our wedding photos and engagement photos are incredible, people say it looks a magazine shoot. Throughout my experience working with them, they included special touches that showed that client satisfaction was one of their highest priorities, from sending a small gift to making sure I had enough time with my second shooter. I would highly recommend Riverland Studios and Shannon.

Reviewed on 1/08/2016 Ashley M

I put my best friend - a professional wedding photographer - to the task of selecting not only a wedding photography studio, but also a wedding photographer from that studio. She considered price point, but mainly focused on their portfolios because the images captured on your... Read More wedding day are priceless. Both of the portfolios she selected were from Riverland Studio and her top choice was Cana from Riverland. I'm happy to say that Riverland and Cana did not disappoint. We had a beautiful day celebrating our wedding with an intimate guest list. Cana captured us and our family/friends beautifully. We will cherish our wedding photos! I'm very happy with the professionalism of the studio as well. In the planning and payment process I had several questions and I always received a helpful, sweet and prompt response from Priscilla - their Studio Manager.

Reviewed on 1/06/2016 Lissie S

We worked with Amanda for a 2 hour engagement session at Boone Hall, and she was so fun! She had her work cut out for her-- neither of us are really crazy about being photographed-- but she made it such an enjoyable experience. Just got our sneak-peek today (1 week after our... Read More shoot) and they look awesome! Worth every penny. Book with Riverland!!!

Reviewed on 1/04/2016 Leigh N

Haley and the team at Riverland Studios were great to work with! My hair piece fell out right before the ceremony and Haley went above and beyond to help me get it back in place and looking good! We just had a small, family-only ceremony downtown, and Haley felt like part of the... Read More family by the end of the shoot. My husband and I looked at multiple photography studios before deciding on Riverland (by the recommendation of a friend who also used them) because of their price and the quality of their work.

Amazing Charleston Area Photographer!!! - Riverland Studios / Emily Baucom

Reviewed on 12/13/2015 Andi S

Emily Baucom was my photographer and she knocked it out of the park! I couldn't be happier with my pictures and editing. She was seamless, easygoing, friendly and as the pictures prove, a true natural talent when it comes to capturing a moment and a mood. I told her what types... Read More of shots I did and didn't want and she got it to a tee without being told twice. I highly recommend going with Riverland for the product and the pricing. Here is a blog post of the pics - http://www.theweddingrow.com/andi-hub-mingo-point/ I'll let you be the judge.

Reviewed on 12/09/2015 Jenna B

We are so thankful for Riverland Studios and the wonderfully talented Emily! Our wedding photos are beautiful and timeless, and she made everyone so comfortable in front of the camera!

Reviewed on 9/09/2015 Brianna B

Book right now!!! This studio is top notch. We chose Sarah as our photographer and cannot say enough kind things about her. Not only are her photos AMAZING - she is also and incredible person just to be around. Each photographer has their own style of shooting and Sarah's "... Read More capture the moment, not make the moment" approach is just what we were looking for. Our pictures are all filled with laughter and they ooze happiness. Kudos to Noni for being a fabulous editor!! She does not overlook a single detail when editing your photos. Thank you ladies!!!!

Reviewed on 8/20/2015 Samantha L

I cannot say enough good things about my experience with Riverland Studios! I was planning a Charleston wedding from Philadelphia, so I had to put A LOT of trust in the people I was working with. Not only was Priscilla (Studio Manager) a pleasure to work with, but she was... Read More willing to customize our package as we weren't having the full 5 hour wedding. Ironically, that was really difficult to find! Our day-of photographer Bridgit was the BIGGEST joy! We are literally laughing in every single one of our pictures, and it's all thanks to her and the environment she created for us. Everything that was stated in her biography held true. Again, I cannot say enough about my experience with Riverland. I have been getting rave reviews about my pictures and all my Northern friends are upset they can't use your services! THANK YOU!!!

Reviewed on 8/05/2015 Megan M

It was a joy and a pleasure having Cana of Riverland Studios shoot our wedding! She worked within the parameters of our church and made a special stop for some outdoor pictures of just the bride and groom prior to the reception. The outdoor pictures are stunning. Her use of... Read More the early evening sun, the flowers and trees, were my favorite pictures of the day! Thank you for capturing our day perfectly.

Reviewed on 7/09/2015

Shannon Holton did a fantastic job at capturing all the special moments of our big day. Shannon was so fun and really cared about what we wanted out of the photos. She always had a smile on her face and made me feel more like a friend, rather than a client. The pictures are... Read More unreal and we had such a great, professional experience with the whole team at Riverland Studios. We could not be more grateful!

Amazing!!

Reviewed on 4/21/2015

Brittany did a fabulous job as our wedding photographer!! She was incredibly responsive throughout our wedding planning- I was able to work with her months before our wedding to create a "shot list" of different types of pictures we wanted to get during our wedding and Brittany... Read More provided such helpful feedback. Our wedding pictures turned out absolutely gorgeous!!! Riverland Studios was a pleasure to work with and I would strongly recommend them to any soon-to-be Charleston bride who is looking for great wedding photographers.

Wedding Photographer

Reviewed on 3/14/2015 Anna F

Working with Jeanne from Riverland Studios on our wedding day was fantastic! She listened to our vision for what we wanted in our wedding photos, and she delivered beyond our expectations! We absolutely love our wedding photos!!! We would highly recommend this team!

Shannon with Riverland is THE BEST!!

Reviewed on 1/28/2015 Lauren B

Shannon Holton with Riverland Studios perfectly captured our wedding day. She was such a joy to work with and I could not have asked for a better photographer! Even dealing with freezing temps, rain, and high winds, Shannon kept her cool which helped keep me calm. And the... Read More pictures turned out AMAZING!! Not only did it look like a sunny warm day, but Shannon captured all of the high points of the evening and how much fun our guest had. The first time I reviewed the pictures, I teared up because it brought me right back the to wedding and reminded me how special the day was. Since the wedding, Riverland has been so easy to work with. I love the preview they send and post on their blog shortly following the wedding. And ordering prints is very easy. If you are getting married in Charleston, call Riverland and Shannon!! Thank you!!

Loved Brooke and the Riverland Staff!

Reviewed on 1/25/2015 Lindsey K

When we were looking for a photographer, we were looking for a company that wouldn't break the bank but would provide outstanding service and quality. My wedding planner (Sage Innovations) recommended Riverland Studios and we couldn't have been happier with them. One look at... Read More Brooke's portfolio and I was sold! They made the whole process very easy; I could keep track of my payments online and they even sent a little survey prior to the wedding so they could get all of the details in an organized manner (bridal party, names, family members, shots we wanted, etc). Brooke called me a few weeks before to talk through everything so she could be ready to go the day of. After a very successful wedding day full of photos, my husband and I received the final photos and are thrilled. She captured my vision perfectly and I cry every time I look at them! Thanks Brooke and the entire Riverland Studios team for making our day last a lifetime!

We love Riverland Studios and Brittany!

Reviewed on 1/04/2015 Noelle N

Our photograher with Riverland Studios, Brittany, has a creative and unique eye for her surroundings. She is extremely talented. While planning, she listened to my thoughts on the aesthetic of the wedding overall (which was extremely important to me) and the style of... Read More photography we were looking for and was able to execute perfectly! She was patient, positive and easy going the entire day and was so kind to stay a few minutes extra when we were running behind. Riverland Studios was professional, organized, communicative and responsive throughout the process. They were one of my favorite and easiest aspects of planning a wedding - no small feat! Thank you so much for a great experience Brittany and Riverland!

Riverland Studios Wedding review

Reviewed on 12/29/2014 Anjuli L

I absolutely loved working with Riverland Studios! They were professional, flexible, and SO creative! Shannon was a dream to work with. My husband is a little camera shy, and somehow Shannon managed to capture so much of his personality in our engagement and wedding day photos.... Read More She captured a beautiful mix of traditional posed pictures and fun candids throughout every moment of the day. I was smiling ear-to-ear reliving each moment. Also, turn-around time to get images was very quick. Highest recommendation! :)

Start a Conversation!