Award winning Bridal Store near the heart of NYC

RK Bridal has the hottest selection of bridal gowns, bridesmaids, mother-of and special occasion dresses.Whether you are a local or an international bride, we are dedicated to providing you with the most competitive prices in the industry!

Gown Collections

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Shower + Party Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Bridal Stylists, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Group Discounts, Online Ordering, Fashion Services, Fashion

Bow2007

619 West 54th Street (5th Floor), New York, NY (212) 947-1155

No need to spend a fortune to get a dream dress!

Reviewed on 8/09/2010 Courtney P

For my wedding I wanted a stunning wedding dress. I pored over page after page of wedding magazines, trying to find the perfect dress. But I also didn't want to have to spend $5,000 or up on a dress that I would wear for one day. I read some positive reviews of RK Bridal, so I... Read More thought I'd give it a shot. I got my mom and bridesmaids together and in one day we hit three places. RK Bridal was the first. It's not a glamorous salon, with chaise lounges, snooty saleswomen and glasses of champagne handed out. If that's what you want, then you probably have no qualms about wasting thousands and thousands of dollars on a wedding gown, so go right ahead. They have tons of dresses, and one of the things I liked immediately was that you are encouraged to look through the racks yourself, to see what you like. My consultant was Sheryl, and she was awesome. Very sweet and friendly. She listened to what I liked and didn't like in dresses, and set out to pick a few to try on. All but one of her choices looked great on, and she took what worked and what didn't in mind as she went in search of more. We had a great time, and I felt like she was another (extremely knowledgable) friend helping me find my perfect dress. At the end of the appointment I had two very strong contenders. I told her I wanted to think about it because I'm not an impulse buyer, and said that we had two other appointments that day at other salons. She said she totally understood and that she hoped she'd see me again. We hugged as my group and I got ready to go, and the rest of the day I kept comparing my experiences at the other salons to the one I'd had at RK Bridal. When I was at Kleinfeld's (a terribly disappointing and frustrating experience in which they pressured me non-stop to purchase then & there, and my hour and a half time slot turned into 33 minutes because they were overbooked) I'd say to my friends, "You know, Sheryl didn't just pick out the exact dresses I had pictures of -- SHE showed me other options." At the third salon I remarked that Sheryl had actually seemed to care about helping me find the right dress and gave me personal attention, instead of just shuttling me off to a dressing room with my friends and dashing over to the next customer. In the end of course, it came down to the dress. And the dress I fell in love with was one from RK Bridal. It was really, really beautiful, just what I'd had in mind but hadn't been able to fully describe, and it cost less than $2,000. It didn't look any less expensive than any of the more costly dresses I'd tried on at other stores. On my wedding day I received tons of compliments on the dress, and my groom said I looked like a fairy tale princess or old-fashioned movie star (I love old movies, so this was a look I was aiming for). He couldn't stop staring at me, and on our wedding video you can hear him saying several times that I just look so beautiful. That's the only endorsement I really needed to know I'd made the right choice. I felt like a million bucks without having to spend nearly that amount! ;-) So, RK Bridal worked for me. The dresses I tried on were great quality, reasonably priced, and the service was the best I received anywhere I went. My experience with alterations was also stellar. The ladies in tailoring were incredibly nice, very exacting, and made sure that the dress fit as if it had been made just for me. They gave me a dream experience, a dream of a price, and definitely a dream dress.

Reviewed on 1/02/2017 Kristin A

After hearing so many excellent reviews about RK Bridal from friends and coworkers who have gone there to get their wedding dress, I decided to head in over. It was the first time I was trying on dresses and had no idea what to expect. Janice, one of the bridal dress... Read More consultants, was an absolute doll and made the process of trying on dresses amazing. She listened to what I wanted and after going to pick dresses, returned with some of the most stunning gowns I have ever seen. Janice was so incredibly patient with me and the process as a whole. It's true when everyone says you may like one style but when you try something completely different on, you'll just fall in love with it. I always imagined myself with a dress that had the nude/invisible lining and lace up the back. After trying in those types, I went for something with lace but with some Bling!!!! Never thought I would go that route and I have Janice's wonderful eye for detail to thank! I am so excited! I went to RK on New Year's Eve which was a Saturday and it was rather quiet but I do realize that this store can get packed so go during the week if you can! You will be rewarded with wonderful gowns and consultants who truly care and want you to look and feel like a princess on the most special day of your life. Can't wait for the dress to come in and get those alterations done! :)

I HAD THE BEST CONSULTANT EVER!!!

Reviewed on 8/18/2014 Solkristina M

My wedding is on August 1 2015 and I am having a destination wedding in the Dominican Republic.. I just recently purchased my wedding dress from Rk Bridal. Let me start off by saying I am not a girly girl, I hate shopping and looking through racks. So when i got to Rk i was... Read More overwhelmed because they have alot of dresses and its hard to look through the plastic because alot of them don't have pictures. So I highly recommend have some sort of idea on what you want to tell your consultant because they know the store more than you do. As I waited my turn I was observing everything (mind you it was a Saturday and packed) everyone looked cranky. Then I saw Lisa and she looked very friendly, happy, and welcoming. Even my sister-in-law noticed and told me I hope you get her ( I was thinking the same thing) lol. As I waited Lisa went to the list and called my name and I have to tell you she is amazing. She was friendly, attentive, and the biggest part was she listened to what I wanted and took it a step further. She asked details about my wedding to make sure that I was going to be comfortable in every way. She even gave me the opportunity to try different types of dresses to see what works with me and what doesn't so that I didn't have any doubt with choosing my dress. So I haven't finished the whole process with Rk yet, but so far so good. I even went to other stores just because i couldn't believe that I found my dress that fast in the first store that i went to and no consultant I met was like Lisa. She made my experience that much better, like I was shopping with a girlfriend. So i highly recommend when you see go to Rk bridal ask for Lisa she understands that this is the most important dress that you will purchase in your life, and she makes you feel important.

Reviewed on 6/24/2017 Kim L

I went to RK bridal after going to a few salons locally on LI and not finding the perfect dress. This salon had a huge selection and it was first come first serve (no appointments). It is not easy to get to, so that was the first downside, it is several blocks from the nearest... Read More subway station and very limited parking in the surrounding areas. The staff was nice and helpful, especially Juan who did my alterations. The customer service on the phone was not the best. On my final pickup when I went to pickup my dress to take home before the wedding they had not finished the lining around and under the arms to prevent the redness that was occurring... they did complete it while I waited for about an hour, but it should have been done in the first place and then I wouldn't have been caught in rush hour traffic. Overall, the salon had a great selection and tried to do whatever they could to help

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Taryn D

I would love to share my magical experience with Sherry at RK Bridal. From the moment we said hello, this ray of sunshine approached me with a beautiful smile and inner glow and I knew It was going to be an amazing day. With her expertise she helped me find the wedding dress of... Read More my dreams!!! It wasn't any of the ones that I had chosen off of the website either. After asking me about my special day and theme, I was presented with "my dress". It was the very first I tried on, and it was the "one". It was the exact dress I was looking for! After placing the most perfect veil on I looked at myself and started to cry because I finally envisioned myself a bride. My maid of honor was with me and was tearing up and even Sherry herself had gotten a little emotional because the bond that we shared that day was palpable. She is truly a beautiful person inside and out. It was an experience I will never forget. In the world we live in today its very hard to meet people who are genuine and kind and who can actually make a difference in your life and make the best day of your life come true with the perfect dress that will make you feel like your in a fairytale. Ive dreamt of this day since I'm a little girl and how it would be, but after meeting Sherry and the staff at RK Bridal it was everything I've hoped for and more! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Sincerely, The happiest bride-to-be!!!! Taryn D.

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Amy R

RK Bridal was amazing throughout the whole wedding dress buying and altering process. Their selection is very large and the staff is very nice and so helpful. Highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Annabel S

RK Bridal was the first store I came to to try on dresses. It was easy (walk in only) and the consultant, Monica, was extremely helpful. She showed me things that were all within my price range. I went to another store, and then ended up coming back here to purchase one of... Read More the dresses she showed me. Everyone was really helpful in explaining things to me, and making sure I knew what to do for alterations, etc. (My wedding is in less than 6 months, so I will have to take the dress to an outside tailor.) I would highly recommend coming here.

Reviewed on 6/13/2017

I had a wonderful experience at The Gown Shop! The people working there were so friendly, and really listened to what I wanted. I was able to find my dress on the first day, which was awesome! Great selection and great atmosphere!

Reviewed on 6/10/2017 Rebecca A

My nightmares of attending a bridal salon to try out my own wedding dress were demolished when I went to find my wedding dress. I had the most awesome staff ever, Sheryl! She was just so fun to work with and definitely eased the stress of finding the right dress. I think what... Read More worked for me was that I went with an open mind and tried different styles and Sheryl was awesome in getting different styles that looked great on me. I'm grateful for RK bridal and Sheryl for a wonderful experience. I may have broken the rule of buying the dress on the first day, but Sheryl helped me find THE ONE.

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 TAMI G

Awesome experience with Nadine! My Wedding was 3 weeks away (yes, you read that right). RK Bridal was my last appointment but should have been my only appointment. I knew upon the elevator doors opening to reveal the showroom that this was the place. They carry a wide range... Read More of beautiful gowns for every Bride! After signing in, Nadine whisked my Mom and I over to her little corner at RK and began working her magic! Nadine recommended dress, after dress, after dress! She was accommodating, listened to what I wanted and delivered a stunning number in the end. I am so pleased I met her. Nadine you made my Wedding Dress shopping experience worthwhile, enjoyable and fun! Thank you! You were born to do this!

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Cassandra R

I had a great experience shopping and picking out my dress. RK has a great selection for shockingly lower prices than I was expecting. I absolutely loved my dress! I will say RK is not going to be a typical bridal experience; you should be prepared to wait a little since they... Read More don’t take appointments and do some quick and efficient shopping yourself. It was definitely helpful to have gone in with specific designers and dresses in mind to try on. If you’re not looking for the full ‘Say Yes to the Dress’ experience, RK is perfect and will have you in and out quickly with a great dress. However, my experience with alterations was a bit disappointing. In the end my dress fit perfect and nothing was wrong with the dress itself, but on the customer service end of things, RK’s alterations department could definitely improve. The person doing my fittings did not speak English so there were definitely some miscommunications that ended up costing me an extra fitting that I don’t think was needed (going into Manhattan every fitting was not easy, so an extra fitting did not help). On multiple occasions I sat waiting for hours because nobody checked the sign-in sheet. My pick-up appointment which should’ve been relatively quick took 2 hours because of some sort of sign-in sheet confusion. Unfortunately that last experience with the alterations department made my whole experience at RK a bit negative. I would say if you have the option, buy your dress there and alter it elsewhere because the treks into Manhattan are not worth the waiting around. However if you do decide to alter your dress here, just be really clear about what you want done with your dress and how long you’ve been waiting. Don’t let the alterations stories deter you from shopping at RK because that experience was really wonderful and I found a beautiful dress, but in hindsight I would’ve gotten it altered elsewhere.

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Rachel C

Wish they took appointments but was able to find my dress none the less. Waited about two hours on a busy Sunday morning there. Left with a sample dress that I got for a great deal. The stylist assured me that all the alterations would be possible, and they were, but with an... Read More incredible amount of work by a very talented seamstress. Because there is such a large crowd at this salon, I did feel a little rushed at times. One of the super cool features of this salon is the "practice runway" where you can see what you look like walking down an aisle in the gowns. I have since recommended this salon to friends who also had success stories here!

Reviewed on 6/03/2017 Tanya C

I highly recommend RK Bridal! There's no way you can go there and not find a dress! If you're there be sure to ask for Janice, she's the best with 25 years of experience under her belt. I must have picked out a million wedding dresses to try on and none were equivalent to the... Read More one she suggested for me. The dress was PERFECT! I can't even explain how amazing and beautiful my wedding dress is. I honestly wouldn't have picked that dress for myself, I didn't even see this dress, hence why you need someone experienced. I can go on and on about Janice, but you just have to experience her expertise for yourself! She's the best! Thank you Janice for all your help and making me, my friends & family feel so comfortable and for the amazing services your provided and your patience throughout the whole ordeal! I love my wedding dress and I can't wait for my husband to be to see me in my dress! I'll see you again during my fittings! Warmest Regards, Tanya xoxo

Reviewed on 5/28/2017 Angela C

I found the most amazing wedding gown at RK Bridal. NYC isn't the ideal place for a bride to look for a gown on a budget, but I was lucky to have a couple of options at RK Bridal. I worked with Olga, who was very nice and tried her best to help me out. However, I had specific... Read More look in mind and did not feel comfortable committing on my first trip there. When I went to a bridal store in Boston, I found the dress I wanted, but wanted to buy it in NYC so that it would be easier to have alterations done. It took a lot of extra work (going back and forth with emails and phone calls), but RK Bridal ultimately agreed to price match the dress and special order it online. I was happy that RK Bridal honored their policy. The reason why I gave RK a 4 star rating was the price of their alterations department - which is quite high for only 3 sessions. I ended up finding an amazing seamstress/dress designer in NYC for a much better deal.

Reviewed on 5/26/2017 Jasmine W

I found my dress immediately. I searched the store and came across 2 that I had to have. They told me one would not be ready in time for my wedding. So I was destined to have the dress I chose. Staff was great. They let you see how you look on video from the front and back. It... Read More such an exciting day, watching all these brides try on dresses. They cheer or ring a bell when you decide on a dress. I forgot.But the staff is nice. I think I worked with Nadine and Diane!! Thanks!! oh ladies get there early!!! Sign up to try on dresses ends at 12 pm I believe. I just made it!

Reviewed on 5/25/2017 Erin S

RK bridal was the perfect place to go to for a gorgeous dress for an amazing price! They have a huge selection of bridal gowns. When I first went to try on dresses, everyone was so patient with my indecisiveness and didn't mind that I brought 8 people with me! LOL! the... Read More alterations are expensive but they do also have other recommendations to have your dress altered.

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Charnette L

They have good selection but the service is horrible. The ladies who work there are so judgmental and nasty. I sent some of my bridesmaids there and they were turned away and told they were 'too late' to buy their dresses because the store needed 2 months to alter dresses. They... Read More pressure you to buy with them instead of using their no-frills program. I will send the rest of my bridesmaids elsewhere!

Reviewed on 5/20/2017 Grace A

It was a little bit of a rollercoaster experience at RK, the first time I went I had a ton of photos of what I liked and the woman who was working with me totally understood and my dress was the 4th I tried on. I knew as soon as I put it on that it is exactly what I was looking... Read More for. The first fitting appointment was wonderful, Bernadine, my seamstress was really great, spent time adjusting and figuring out what worked best for my very small frame and was lovely. The second fitting was very strange. I think it may have been the manager on staff who kept coming in, looking annoyed, said that she would have to charge me $100 extra to remove more fabric from the train, and was generally a very rude person. I felt like they were all telling me I was wrong for wanting the train to be shorter (I needed it to be shorter because I was going to be dancing in my dress the whole night and didn’t want people to rip it to pieces). The third visit was much better, it was a really nice gentleman who was managing that day, and he was lovely. Absolutely agreed that the train should come off, gave very specific instructions to my seamstress, and was incredibly accommodating and assured me that many, many people had the same issue with this dress. When I took it home, it was perfect and I couldn’t be happier with the dress. My husband thought it was gorgeous. People absolutely LOVED my wedding dress, it was not over-the-top, very elegant but with lovely details of lace and pearls - and the best part of all was that the base price was a lot less than what I was anticipating spending - about $950. RK’s alteration price is pretty steep - $600 not including the cups that were sewn in for an extra $30. Overall, the experience was good at RK.

Reviewed on 5/12/2017 Amanda S

I want to thank RK Bridal for an amazing dress buying experience! Malak was amazing. I didn't feel pressured at all like I did at other salons I had visited. Also, after just giving Malak a few guidelines on what I liked and didn't like she was able to pull a whole garment rack... Read More of dresses. She even pulled some that didn't necessarily fit into what I was describing to her and I'm so glad she did because I wound up choosing a dress that I never thought I would like. I would highly recommend that anyone looking to buy a dress go there especially if you are open to anything. They have tons of styles and designers to choose from and amazing staff that make you feel welcome at all times. Thank you again Malak!

Reviewed on 5/11/2017 Becky E

Let me start by saying I had the BEST experience at RK Bridal. My consultant, Olga, was nothing short of amazing. I went on a Monday morning because I saw that most of the negative reviews were for long wait times on weekends. I walked in right as the doors opened and was... Read More immediately greeted and assisted. Right away Olga introduced herself and we were off! We spent some time looking at pictures and discussing what I thought I wanted. Then my family and I were able to walk around the salon with Olga to pull some dresses. We initially pulled dresses I had seen online that I thought I would like. After trying on 4-5 gowns, it was clear that the dresses weren't working. I made sure to tell Olga what I did and didn't like about all of the dresses, and she said she wanted to go pull some additional gowns. In a few minutes she was back with new dresses. The second one I tried on was perfect! It was everything I wanted in my wedding dress. Olga took the time to really understand what I was looking for, and also what would look good on me. She was absolutely great. At no point did I feel rushed, or pressured. It was the best experience. Once you feel like your dress could be the one, you are able to go over to a runway of sorts where you can walk and see the back and front of your dress on a big tv screen. This is awesome because you are really able to see what the gown looks like when you move. Then you are able to take a picture with your family and hold up "yes" signs. It really made everyone feel special and involved. This was the first and only salon I went to in NYC, and I am so glad I did. From the receptionists to Olga, to paying for my dress, everyone was so nice. My only suggestion is to go on a weekday if you can, as it is really quiet and you won't have to wait very long, if at all, to be placed with a consultant. Thank you Olga for finding me my dream dress!

Reviewed on 5/11/2017 Becky E

Reviewed on 5/01/2017

I went here Spur of the moment and I have to say it was the best choice ever! SHERYL is amazing!!!! Absolutely the best! Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 5/01/2017

Reviewed on 4/29/2017

I went into RK bridal this morning just to get a sense of what I liked and what gowns I may be interested in. Malak was my dress consultant and was absolutely amazing!! I was not planning on purchasing anything today but she brought out amazing gowns that were just my style. I... Read More wound up getting the dress of my dreams and could not be happier. The entire staff was amazing and completely helpful, and I was able to find bridesmaids dresses I absolutely love all in the same day. I would recommend this bridal salon to anyone in the NYC area.

Reviewed on 4/26/2017 Betsy B

I kept a tally of my favorite dresses, and RK Bridal had the most on my list. Leah G was my consultant for the day. She did an amazing job, not only listening, but also picking up on my non-verbal cues as well. When my dress arrived and I went in for my try-on, it didn't... Read More fit. The dress was not cut to the size chart measurements. RK ordered another one in the next size up and it arrived it plenty of time. However, during my try-on, the woman assigned to assist in the dressing room was not helpful. She did not take the dress off the hanger or help me into my dress. She insinuated that I had gained weight because it was tight. My second measurements were the same as the first. When she looked at the numbers, she just slinked away. I haven't had my fittings yet, but I am excited because of Juan, the tailor. He talked me through dress #1 fiasco, and gave his seal of approval during dress #2 try-on.