Award winning Bridal Store near the heart of NYC

RK Bridal has the hottest selection of bridal gowns, bridesmaids, mother-of, & special occasion dresses.Whether you are a local or an international bride, we are dedicated to providing you with the most competitive prices in the industry.

Gown Collections

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Shower + Party Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Bridal Stylists, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Group Discounts, Online Ordering, Fashion Services, Fashion

Bow2007

619 West 54th Street (5th Floor), New York, NY (212) 947-1155

No need to spend a fortune to get a dream dress!

Reviewed on 8/09/2010 Courtney P

For my wedding I wanted a stunning wedding dress. I pored over page after page of wedding magazines, trying to find the perfect dress. But I also didn't want to have to spend $5,000 or up on a dress that I would wear for one day. I read some positive reviews of RK Bridal, so I... Read More thought I'd give it a shot. I got my mom and bridesmaids together and in one day we hit three places. RK Bridal was the first. It's not a glamorous salon, with chaise lounges, snooty saleswomen and glasses of champagne handed out. If that's what you want, then you probably have no qualms about wasting thousands and thousands of dollars on a wedding gown, so go right ahead. They have tons of dresses, and one of the things I liked immediately was that you are encouraged to look through the racks yourself, to see what you like. My consultant was Sheryl, and she was awesome. Very sweet and friendly. She listened to what I liked and didn't like in dresses, and set out to pick a few to try on. All but one of her choices looked great on, and she took what worked and what didn't in mind as she went in search of more. We had a great time, and I felt like she was another (extremely knowledgable) friend helping me find my perfect dress. At the end of the appointment I had two very strong contenders. I told her I wanted to think about it because I'm not an impulse buyer, and said that we had two other appointments that day at other salons. She said she totally understood and that she hoped she'd see me again. We hugged as my group and I got ready to go, and the rest of the day I kept comparing my experiences at the other salons to the one I'd had at RK Bridal. When I was at Kleinfeld's (a terribly disappointing and frustrating experience in which they pressured me non-stop to purchase then & there, and my hour and a half time slot turned into 33 minutes because they were overbooked) I'd say to my friends, "You know, Sheryl didn't just pick out the exact dresses I had pictures of -- SHE showed me other options." At the third salon I remarked that Sheryl had actually seemed to care about helping me find the right dress and gave me personal attention, instead of just shuttling me off to a dressing room with my friends and dashing over to the next customer. In the end of course, it came down to the dress. And the dress I fell in love with was one from RK Bridal. It was really, really beautiful, just what I'd had in mind but hadn't been able to fully describe, and it cost less than $2,000. It didn't look any less expensive than any of the more costly dresses I'd tried on at other stores. On my wedding day I received tons of compliments on the dress, and my groom said I looked like a fairy tale princess or old-fashioned movie star (I love old movies, so this was a look I was aiming for). He couldn't stop staring at me, and on our wedding video you can hear him saying several times that I just look so beautiful. That's the only endorsement I really needed to know I'd made the right choice. I felt like a million bucks without having to spend nearly that amount! ;-) So, RK Bridal worked for me. The dresses I tried on were great quality, reasonably priced, and the service was the best I received anywhere I went. My experience with alterations was also stellar. The ladies in tailoring were incredibly nice, very exacting, and made sure that the dress fit as if it had been made just for me. They gave me a dream experience, a dream of a price, and definitely a dream dress.

I HAD THE BEST CONSULTANT EVER!!!

Reviewed on 8/18/2014 Solkristina M

My wedding is on August 1 2015 and I am having a destination wedding in the Dominican Republic.. I just recently purchased my wedding dress from Rk Bridal. Let me start off by saying I am not a girly girl, I hate shopping and looking through racks. So when i got to Rk i was... Read More overwhelmed because they have alot of dresses and its hard to look through the plastic because alot of them don't have pictures. So I highly recommend have some sort of idea on what you want to tell your consultant because they know the store more than you do. As I waited my turn I was observing everything (mind you it was a Saturday and packed) everyone looked cranky. Then I saw Lisa and she looked very friendly, happy, and welcoming. Even my sister-in-law noticed and told me I hope you get her ( I was thinking the same thing) lol. As I waited Lisa went to the list and called my name and I have to tell you she is amazing. She was friendly, attentive, and the biggest part was she listened to what I wanted and took it a step further. She asked details about my wedding to make sure that I was going to be comfortable in every way. She even gave me the opportunity to try different types of dresses to see what works with me and what doesn't so that I didn't have any doubt with choosing my dress. So I haven't finished the whole process with Rk yet, but so far so good. I even went to other stores just because i couldn't believe that I found my dress that fast in the first store that i went to and no consultant I met was like Lisa. She made my experience that much better, like I was shopping with a girlfriend. So i highly recommend when you see go to Rk bridal ask for Lisa she understands that this is the most important dress that you will purchase in your life, and she makes you feel important.

Divine Appointment

Reviewed on 7/20/2014 Cherelyn S

My experience at RK Bridal was truly a divine appointment. My wedding is in November 2014. The service was impeccable and my bridal consultant, Sheryl, was OUTSTANDING. My mom passed away last year and while I am excited about being married, I was not looking forward to the... Read More process of getting married, because my mother is no longer here to help with all of the details... I truly believe my mother's spirit guided me to Sheryl because we clicked immediately... I came in with one dress in mind, which the store didn't have. However, Sheryl paid attention to the style of the dress and my likes/dislikes and she assured me that she would find "my dress". She did not disappoint!! Not only did she find my dress, but she found my veil and the perfect belt for my dress. She was very sensitive to my situation but remained extremely professional. Sheryl truly made my experience a memorable one. She was honest. Her focus wasn't on finding or selling me any dress but rather on finding the perfect dress for me and she did!! And she was mindful of my budget!!! The dress, veil and belt (combined) cost less than the original dress I came in hoping to find.. Madison was also very courteous and helpful- in ordering my dress and accessories, in addition to explaining the store policies, etc... RK Bridal was the only store I visited and I am very pleased with the level of service I received from Sheryl, Madison and all staff I encountered!!

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 Rachel H

Pros: 3000 dress types (a ton in the 1-4K price range I was looking in). Good mirrors. Cons: this is such a shop with no personal experience. you have exactly 1 hour, absolutely no more. it feels like they can't wait to get you out of there. i only got to point out dresses i... Read More liked in the sample sale section which was 1 brand, so i didn't get to talk about multiple things i liked. no appts available, all walk ins, so it was hard to plan around and would have been hard for me to come back often. didn't click with my consultant which probably didn't help - she was a bit pushy and rude to me and my sis. Bottom line: worth adding to the mix of places given they have so many dress options, but don't expect to try on tons of them in each session, and I'd probably put them last on my visits.

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 Nikki P

I came to RK Bridal attempting to help my future mother in law find a gown for our upcoming nuptials. We came in almost as soon as the store opened and were wowed by the service immediately! We were helped by an assistant Mary, who was a complete doll to work with! She listened... Read More in extreme detail and set us up in a fitting room and helped us select gowns. When it came time to order the gown Reed and Ashley were extremely helpful and generous with their time and patience. The selection was top notch and the amount of dresses to choose from were phenomenal. While waiting for the the paperwork to be finished with while checking out we ended up selecting my earrings to be worn the day of the wedding. Overall RK Bridal did not disappoint in the least!

Reviewed on 1/09/2017 Ivelisse V

I went to RK Bridal this past weekend and must say it was the most relaxing and best experience yet. I found my DRESS!!!! I read many reviews before going so I arrived about 8:50am to sign in. When I arrived there were a few women before me already and had I known I would have... Read More probably arrived even earlier but I did not realize the store was inside a building and did not want to wait outside in the freezing cold. Despite the few women ahead of me, I was called in within in two minutes of the store opening. My Consultant, Natalie, was so amazing. She listened to what I wanted and pulled the styles I provided her with. It turned out that what I thought I wanted or would look good on me was just not cutting it. Natalie sensed this and immediately left and came back with a dress of her choice. ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! I was smiling from moment she took it off the hanger. I love their monitors which allow you to walk down the runway and see your dress from all angles. Be advised if a dress is in stock it can arrive in 3 weeks but if not it can take up to 4 months. Alterations department also books up fast so you want to give yourself ample time for that as well. Great experience so far. I cannot wait to pick up my dress.

Reviewed on 1/06/2017 Serlindra W

Absolutely love this store! They have the latest dresses from multiple designers. The staff was also very polite. If you you're ready to say yes to an awesome dress please come here!

Reviewed on 1/04/2017 Kristina I

My first time I came to try on dresses I had a fabulous sales women. She helped me fall in love with two dresses. I decided to go back a second time because it had only been my first time trying dresses on and I had a different sales women who definitely had a stronger... Read More personality and maybe came off pushy but she found me my dress! Both times I went in on a weekend and barely had to wait. Fast forward to when my dress "arrived" in store. They couldn't locate it and turned out they didn't have it. I had to come back a second time to try on my dress (which is not convenient). The ladies in alterations are a little difficult but so far not so bad.

Reviewed on 1/02/2017 Amanda C

I went to several bridal stores prior to RK bridal (both large and small) and did not have a great experience at any. I was feeling rather defeated but that all changed when I went to RK bridal. I felt as though the sales consultant really listened to what I wanted and also... Read More took into consideration what she thought would look best on me. I ended up purchasing my dream dress within the first 3 dresses I tried on and it was well under my budget. I loved it here and would recommend anyone in the New York metropolitan area to visit here when looking for a dress.

Reviewed on 1/02/2017

I felt inclined to leave an honest review of RK Bridal because my experience left me with mixed feelings. I went to RK Bridal in March to find my wedding gown. Nadine was my attendant and she was wonderful. She listened to me, she brought me any dress I wanted to try on, in... Read More addition to various other ones that complemented my body shape. Although the store was chaotic, I never felt rushed. Nadine gave me her undivided attention while I was there. On that day, I said yes to my dress. The dress was due to arrive at the end of July but it arrived at the end of June- nothing wrong with that! I made an appointment with alterations to try on my dress and that visit went very well. RK Bridal shipped me my dress and it arrived on time very well packaged. My first alterations visit was in mid-November. This is when my experience was less than ideal. I was introduced to two people who would be working on my dress. I had to repeat what I wanted done to the dress multiple times during this visit because I did not feel like I was being heard. The visit ended well and I looked forward to my next visit. Up until this point, I loved my dress. At the second alterations visit, I hated it. The seamstress who worked on my dress did a horrible job, to the point that the dress could no longer zip up- mind you, at the previous visit, the dress was large on me and needed to be pulled in and I did not gain any weight during that time period. The seamstress also no longer worked there so she could not defend herself. I broke down and cried because the dress looked horrible. Also, several alterations that should have been done were not. The staff jumped right in and made things right for me; they fixed the dress and I left that visit feeling better although worried about how future alterations were going to go. At my final fitting, certain alterations were still not completed which was mind-boggling for me. If their sole purpose is to alter gowns, why was the job not being done?? Again, the staff jumped in and completed the alterations before I left but I had to wait over an hour. I should not have had to wait as the job should have been done prior to my appointment. Before I left that day, I gave the staff a list of things that needed to be completed prior to my final try on. This list was attached to the paperwork that went with the dress. When I showed up for the final try on, guess what-- some alterations were not done!! Again, I waited while they worked on my dress. In the end, the dress fit perfectly and I was very happy with it. Bottom line, the shopping experience was fun, exciting, everything I thought it would be; alterations was not a pleasant experience. The attendants in alterations try their best to keep the brides happy; it's not fair to them that they have to feel the heat for the work the seamstresses fail to do. My attendant was Albana (?) and she was a great advocate for me.

Reviewed on 1/02/2017 Kristin A

After hearing so many excellent reviews about RK Bridal from friends and coworkers who have gone there to get their wedding dress, I decided to head in over. It was the first time I was trying on dresses and had no idea what to expect. Janice, one of the bridal dress... Read More consultants, was an absolute doll and made the process of trying on dresses amazing. She listened to what I wanted and after going to pick dresses, returned with some of the most stunning gowns I have ever seen. Janice was so incredibly patient with me and the process as a whole. It's true when everyone says you may like one style but when you try something completely different on, you'll just fall in love with it. I always imagined myself with a dress that had the nude/invisible lining and lace up the back. After trying in those types, I went for something with lace but with some Bling!!!! Never thought I would go that route and I have Janice's wonderful eye for detail to thank! I am so excited! I went to RK on New Year's Eve which was a Saturday and it was rather quiet but I do realize that this store can get packed so go during the week if you can! You will be rewarded with wonderful gowns and consultants who truly care and want you to look and feel like a princess on the most special day of your life. Can't wait for the dress to come in and get those alterations done! :)

Reviewed on 12/14/2016 Latoya H

The best advice I can give is go on a non-holiday during the work week. Anything outside of that, your going to have to wait a long time. The first time I went, was on MLK Day and the wait was 3 hours. Im sure thats how the weekend is especially during a Trunk Show. Once I heard... Read More that, I decided to come back on a day off. Six weeks later, I came back on a day off and the wait was 5 minutes. To be honest, I'm a non-traditional bride. I have no bridesmaids and I didn't go with my mom. I was in and out after an hour because I knew exactly what I wanted aka Brand/Style/Silhouette. So if you want to make this an event ala "Say yes to the dress!" your not going to get that here. This is no nonsense place which is what I needed.

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Ashley G

I hate seeing negative reviews for this place because I simply don't understand how they have happened. Price point, selection, customer service, design- you name it they have it. My alterations were perfection and I'm 5'0 so that's hacking off half of a dress. We were in and... Read More out in two hours and I had already said yes to my dress and veil in one swoop. My fittings were always so fun. The girls there really make you feel like a star.

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Tamila M

When you know you know! The first dress I saw on the internet was found at R K Bridal. Nicole was the best consultant. Sending you and the staff many Thank You's all the way from Virginia :).

Reviewed on 11/30/2016 Michele D

I just purchased my dress from RK Bridal. It was only the second place I went. I do recommend trying on dresses before coming here because it can get overwhelming with the large selection of dresses. From the minute we walked in everyone was very friendly and helpful. It was a... Read More weekend so we got there a few minutes before they opened. We still had to wait about an hour but that time was spent looking through all the dresses. Reed (I believe the owner) was great! He noticed we looked confused and not sure where to start and he quickly came over and offered his help and expertise. My consultant Lali was also AMAZING. She was very patient and knew what dresses worked best for me. She gave us her undivided attention and didn't make me feel rushed or pressured to buy a dress. I can't say enough great things about Lali, Reed, and RK Bridal. It was overall an excellent experience. I highly recommend going here!

Reviewed on 11/11/2016 Courtney S

I had a really great experience getting my bridesmaids dresses at RK. The staff was so friendly and helpful. My bridesmaids loved that they could order their dresses online and have them shipped to them. The girls loved them as did I! I was very happy with the prices of the... Read More dresses too they were very reasonable. I would almost want to convince every bride to get their bridesmaid dresses here!

Reviewed on 11/11/2016 Arbelis R

The first time I came here there was a huge line of brides and was not able to try on anything because this place is first come first serve the first time you go. I just looked around and got such a great feeling about this place and decided I needed to go back. I went back... Read More about 3 weeks later on a Thursday and the place was empty. My consultant was Sheryl! We had such a great connection from the start. She barely asked me anything I wanted but she knew right away what fit my body since Im not an average size. She brought out a few dresses and there was one I said I disliked and she made me try it on. OMG!! I loved the dress it fit perfect and it was stunning. But, we kept trying and after a few we knew exactly what I wanted. She came with the dress and right when I tried it on I knew it was the dress. I was in love and I want to thank Sheryl for the amazing consultation, I am so excited now that I finally said YES to the dress. Also the rest of the staff is awesome. I recommend this place for all brides.

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Danielle M

I loved this salon. I went to the salon on a Sunday in November 2015, they do not make appointments for your first try-on and knowing that I made sure I was at the salon an hour before opening to make sure I got my name on the list relatively early. We were the first ones there... Read More and, along with another bride who came in 5 minutes after we did, got to go into the salon half an hour before they opened as they were otherwise ready to open. This was amazing as it gave myself and my matron of honor (everyone else came later) the opportunity to go through all the racks without having to fight over anything. Hi, my consultant was amazing and knew just what would fit my body perfectly. Once I did find my dress, they tell you to call alterations to schedule your appointments. While it can take a while to get through to them, I was able to make my appointments and my dress came in a week after ordering. I've seen others complain about wait times for fittings but I never experienced any of that. I was taken into the fittings either within 5 minutes (when getting there on time) or at my appointment time (when getting there early) and my fittings were both during the week and on the weekends. The only time I had to wait was when I picked up my dress, as there is no appointment system then. Alterations are cash only and can be pricey, however, as I did not need the sides of my dress to be taken in they did cut my alteration fee down! Overall I had a great experience and would highly recommend them. Beautiful dresses, good pricing, great alterations department. You can't go wrong!

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Cinthu S

My review is of my bridal attendant, not so much the store itself. I will come back later and review the store after I've experienced everything (delivery, dress size, alterations etc) Natalie- my attendant was Natalie. When i first went to RK bridal I met with someone... Read More different and when scheduling for a second visit I was told she doesnt work there anymore and thats when I was paired up with Natalie instead. I am so glad it worked out the way it did because compared to the other person Natalie was a GEM. She spent a total of almost 6 hours with me over two days. My fist visit 10/28: she asked if I had a vision and any pictures that would help her search. She was SPOT ON with every dress she pulled. Each was beautiful in its own way and it was amazing how she was able to see my vision and find dresses that matched. What mattered to me was that she wasn't pushy and offered her advice when needed. She was patient and gave me enough time to decide on the dresses. Second visit 11/2: I decided overnight that I hated the dress I initially chose and Natalie made the time to meet with me again and start the entire process over. we went over why I diddnt like the first dress and what I would change and she ended up finding TWO dresses that I LOVED. I felt terrible for making her wait while I made the decision over the two dresses (trying them on multiple times, calling friends and family, discussing with my mom etc almost an hour just to decide) but during that entire time she smiled and waited patiently offering her advice and input here and there. I ended up choosing one that we all liked and agreed on based on my location and vision for my wedding. If I could I would have Natalie do everything! She is truly the best person to work with.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Jessie P

My wedding dress was one of my greatest causes of stress. A month after my wedding, I still can't look at pictures and think of my dress without feeling anxiety. Shopping for the dress at RK was wonderful. They had a large selection and the consultants were sweet. I found my... Read More dream dress here and was thrilled. However, I would have been much better off ordering the dress itself from a store that I trusted. I used one RK Bridal's recommended vendors for the alterations and it was a disaster. My dress was butchered and I had to get the whole thing re-altered three days before my wedding. I do not understand how RK could have sent me to someone who clearly was not able to handle beading. I thought a store like RK would have vendors that they worked with and trusted, and whose product would live up to the quality expected from such a huge bridal store. This was not the case at all. On top of that, there was wrinkle in the fabric of my dress that never came out despite being steamed multiple times . If I could do it again, I would have paid more money to purchase the dress at a boutique who would have been more invested in the process.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Erika M

I had such an amazing shopping experience here - I tried on 7 dresses total, and bought one! It could not have been easier and ended up being absolutely perfect - and about half my total budget, including the veil and hairpiece! Could not have been a better experience.

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Maggy C

After reading reviews and hearing warnings about the long lines I decided to come here on a Satruday at 8:45am, a few minutes after they open for sign up (They open the actual store at 9:30am). I thought it would be packed since it's a Saturday on Memorial day weekend so I... Read More prepared for the worst but I was first! It was nearly empty until 10am! I asked my family/friends to meet me there at 11am assuming it would take that long to be seen and I didn't want them to wait long with me. But I was supposed to be first in line. I told the manager that I don't mind being skipped because I was waiting for them and she was very nice about it. So they just called my name whenever someone was free until my family/friends came. Anyway while waiting I was able to look at dresses and they have so many! As other reviewers mentioned, do not come here first. I first went to BHLDN and researched dresses for months so I knew the style I wanted. But if you don't know, it's overwhelming. My consultant was AMAZING, her name is Sheryl. She was the most caring, energetic person I could've ever asked for to help me find a dress. I don't know if you can ask for specific consultants, but if you can, ask for her. I brought in photos of what I liked (Every bride should do this, it helps you and them), she was very happy about that because she started to understand my style and ran off to find dresses she believed would fit it and some dresses that were a little different but she felt would match me. They definitely have a wide price range and respect your budget, it's a perfect experience if it's not your first stop, maybe it depends on the consultant but mine was perfect, and if you don't expect champagne (Just buy those little champagne cans to celebrate after) we just went to a bar, no big deal :)

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Stephanie E

I had a wonderful experience at RK bridal. From the moment I walked in everyone was so polite and professional. My consultant was Natalie and she was AWESOME. She helped me find my beautiful dress!! Thank you RK bridal for making this experience fun and stress free!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Gabrielle D

I had the most wonderful experience. No you cannot make an appointment but I was blessed with the most amazing person to help me find my dress. Her name was Nadine! She was helpful. She wanted to make me feel like a princess. She went with what exactly everything I wanted. I... Read More actually left with the dress and now I have my wedding dress, veil and tiara. I am So excited that I was given this place as an option

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Christine M

I had a great experience at RK. My consultant, Phyllis, helped me find the perfect dress after patiently pulling styles that fit my original idea, then steered me toward those that were much more flattering. I appreciated her patience and expertise. The process was truly... Read More painless and I'm so happy with my dress! I'll be having it altered elsewhere, but can't recommend RK and Phyllis enough.

Start a Conversation!