Gown Collections

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Shower + Party Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Bridal Stylists, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Group Discounts, Online Ordering, Fashion Services, Fashion

619 West 54th Street (5th Floor), New York, NY

No need to spend a fortune to get a dream dress!

Reviewed on 8/09/2010 Courtney P

For my wedding I wanted a stunning wedding dress. I pored over page after page of wedding magazines, trying to find the perfect dress. But I also didn't want to have to spend $5,000 or up on a dress that I would wear for one day. I read some positive reviews of RK Bridal, so I... Read More thought I'd give it a shot. I got my mom and bridesmaids together and in one day we hit three places. RK Bridal was the first. It's not a glamorous salon, with chaise lounges, snooty saleswomen and glasses of champagne handed out. If that's what you want, then you probably have no qualms about wasting thousands and thousands of dollars on a wedding gown, so go right ahead. They have tons of dresses, and one of the things I liked immediately was that you are encouraged to look through the racks yourself, to see what you like. My consultant was Sheryl, and she was awesome. Very sweet and friendly. She listened to what I liked and didn't like in dresses, and set out to pick a few to try on. All but one of her choices looked great on, and she took what worked and what didn't in mind as she went in search of more. We had a great time, and I felt like she was another (extremely knowledgable) friend helping me find my perfect dress. At the end of the appointment I had two very strong contenders. I told her I wanted to think about it because I'm not an impulse buyer, and said that we had two other appointments that day at other salons. She said she totally understood and that she hoped she'd see me again. We hugged as my group and I got ready to go, and the rest of the day I kept comparing my experiences at the other salons to the one I'd had at RK Bridal. When I was at Kleinfeld's (a terribly disappointing and frustrating experience in which they pressured me non-stop to purchase then & there, and my hour and a half time slot turned into 33 minutes because they were overbooked) I'd say to my friends, "You know, Sheryl didn't just pick out the exact dresses I had pictures of -- SHE showed me other options." At the third salon I remarked that Sheryl had actually seemed to care about helping me find the right dress and gave me personal attention, instead of just shuttling me off to a dressing room with my friends and dashing over to the next customer. In the end of course, it came down to the dress. And the dress I fell in love with was one from RK Bridal. It was really, really beautiful, just what I'd had in mind but hadn't been able to fully describe, and it cost less than $2,000. It didn't look any less expensive than any of the more costly dresses I'd tried on at other stores. On my wedding day I received tons of compliments on the dress, and my groom said I looked like a fairy tale princess or old-fashioned movie star (I love old movies, so this was a look I was aiming for). He couldn't stop staring at me, and on our wedding video you can hear him saying several times that I just look so beautiful. That's the only endorsement I really needed to know I'd made the right choice. I felt like a million bucks without having to spend nearly that amount! ;-) So, RK Bridal worked for me. The dresses I tried on were great quality, reasonably priced, and the service was the best I received anywhere I went. My experience with alterations was also stellar. The ladies in tailoring were incredibly nice, very exacting, and made sure that the dress fit as if it had been made just for me. They gave me a dream experience, a dream of a price, and definitely a dream dress.

Reviewed on 8/18/2014 Solkristina M

My wedding is on August 1 2015 and I am having a destination wedding in the Dominican Republic.. I just recently purchased my wedding dress from Rk Bridal. Let me start off by saying I am not a girly girl, I hate shopping and looking through racks. So when i got to Rk i was... Read More overwhelmed because they have alot of dresses and its hard to look through the plastic because alot of them don't have pictures. So I highly recommend have some sort of idea on what you want to tell your consultant because they know the store more than you do. As I waited my turn I was observing everything (mind you it was a Saturday and packed) everyone looked cranky. Then I saw Lisa and she looked very friendly, happy, and welcoming. Even my sister-in-law noticed and told me I hope you get her ( I was thinking the same thing) lol. As I waited Lisa went to the list and called my name and I have to tell you she is amazing. She was friendly, attentive, and the biggest part was she listened to what I wanted and took it a step further. She asked details about my wedding to make sure that I was going to be comfortable in every way. She even gave me the opportunity to try different types of dresses to see what works with me and what doesn't so that I didn't have any doubt with choosing my dress. So I haven't finished the whole process with Rk yet, but so far so good. I even went to other stores just because i couldn't believe that I found my dress that fast in the first store that i went to and no consultant I met was like Lisa. She made my experience that much better, like I was shopping with a girlfriend. So i highly recommend when you see go to Rk bridal ask for Lisa she understands that this is the most important dress that you will purchase in your life, and she makes you feel important.

Divine Appointment

Reviewed on 7/20/2014 Cherelyn S

My experience at RK Bridal was truly a divine appointment. My wedding is in November 2014. The service was impeccable and my bridal consultant, Sheryl, was OUTSTANDING. My mom passed away last year and while I am excited about being married, I was not looking forward to the... Read More process of getting married, because my mother is no longer here to help with all of the details... I truly believe my mother's spirit guided me to Sheryl because we clicked immediately... I came in with one dress in mind, which the store didn't have. However, Sheryl paid attention to the style of the dress and my likes/dislikes and she assured me that she would find "my dress". She did not disappoint!! Not only did she find my dress, but she found my veil and the perfect belt for my dress. She was very sensitive to my situation but remained extremely professional. Sheryl truly made my experience a memorable one. She was honest. Her focus wasn't on finding or selling me any dress but rather on finding the perfect dress for me and she did!! And she was mindful of my budget!!! The dress, veil and belt (combined) cost less than the original dress I came in hoping to find.. Madison was also very courteous and helpful- in ordering my dress and accessories, in addition to explaining the store policies, etc... RK Bridal was the only store I visited and I am very pleased with the level of service I received from Sheryl, Madison and all staff I encountered!!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Gabrielle D

I had the most wonderful experience. No you cannot make an appointment but I was blessed with the most amazing person to help me find my dress. Her name was Nadine! She was helpful. She wanted to make me feel like a princess. She went with what exactly everything I wanted. I... Read More actually left with the dress and now I have my wedding dress, veil and tiara. I am So excited that I was given this place as an option

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Christine M

I had a great experience at RK. My consultant, Phyllis, helped me find the perfect dress after patiently pulling styles that fit my original idea, then steered me toward those that were much more flattering. I appreciated her patience and expertise. The process was truly... Read More painless and I'm so happy with my dress! I'll be having it altered elsewhere, but can't recommend RK and Phyllis enough.

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Parisa R

Took 2 trips to RK Bridal before officially finding "the one"! Luckily, I had the incredible help of Cheryl, one of the very talented associates who works there. She was EXACTLY who I needed by my side. She is up-front with you and honest about how you look, she is quick and... Read More efficient, she knows how to pair the proper veil and belt with the dress, if applicable, and made incredible suggestions. I simply showed her ONE photo of a dress I tried on and loved, and she pulled 4 dresses that were almost identical. I was so in love with one of the dresses that I took it home that day! She is very talented and I highly recommend requesting her when going to RK!!

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Lauren S

I am a very picky bride, so it was nice not to have the pressure of a "stylist" to direct me to dresses that were not my style or in my budget. RK Bridal lets you pick 5 dresses, and one of the dresses happened to be the one. All was fine and dandy until money came into play. I... Read More had known from watching many bridal shows that it's always wise to size up. When I found out I was in between sizes, they ensured me that I should size down because I was "tiny." I trusted them because they were "experts," but I probably should have listened to my gut instinct. I'm not sure why they gave me this advice, but I'm willing to believe it was to get me to pay and trust their alterations department to do the work. When I went in to try the dress on for the first time, it was pulling in my most self conscious areas (my hips and thighs), and the alterations department treated my concerns like it was nothing. Instead they were pretty much objectifying my body, and again reassuring me that it was the right size. I left uncomfortable. After that experience, I knew I needed to cancel all of my alterations appointments. I found a different tailor closer to my place, and she awful experience into an amazing one. I credit RK Bridal for having my dream dress in stock, but they contributed nothing to the final result. I wish I knew ahead of time to not buy my dress here, but I'm so relived that I knew better than to not work with their alternations department. No Frills (bridesmaid) was a service I wish I didn't go with. Absolutely agonizing if you have bridesmaids that wait until the last minute. If you're a bride that absolutely cares if they all come from the same dye lot, fine, but I probably wouldn't have noticed if one dress was slightly more blue than the other.

Reviewed on 9/29/2016 Lauren A

Just bought my wedding dress today! I highly suggest going during the week and get there early and ask for Olga!! I had an amazing experience and was treated like the bride I dream to be! P.s helpful hint check there website at the designers they sell, call ahead and see if... Read More they have the dresses you like!

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Audry H

I came to RK Bridal by myself on a random Monday morning. I didn't realize it at the time, but it was definitely a great day to be there -there were no other clients there at the time and I had my consultants full attention plus the opinions/advice from a few others. I... Read More realized how lucky I was when I came back to try my dress on after it arrived from being ordered and the place was crazy! There were people everywhere and it was definitely a busy place to be. My consultant was great and very helpful! I had tried dresses on at a few other places with my mom and friends and with everyone's opinions, I found myself not able to listen to my own very well. I came to RK Bridal on a day I needed a pick-me-up and left with a wedding dress! RK has a huge selection of dresses (bridesmaid and MOB dresses too) and doesn't take appointments. It's a first come, first serve and you have the freedom to look through the racks and choose your own dresses to try on, something a lot of salons (at least where I looked in NY) don't allow you to do. They have dresses at all price points and a range of designers. Definitely a place worth your time!

Reviewed on 9/24/2016 Alexis I

I had a fantastic experience at RK Bridal. My bridal consultant, Olga, was attentive, kind, fun, and made the overall experience a blast. The first dress I tried on ended up being the dress I ultimately chose and I couldn't be happier with my selection or overall time at RK... Read More Bridal. I highly recommend!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Jessica

This place has a great selection that may be overwhelming for some people. I did my research online before I visited RK Bridal. Since you do not have to make an appointment you may have to wait long like I did to be seen BUT it was so worth it! I gathered my top four dresses and... Read More all my guests joined me in trying on my dresses. Amazingly I found my dress that same day! The process was seamless and everyone was polite and helpful. Fanny the seamstress was a delight. She explained what she noticed the dress needed and provided directions on how to best get in and out of my dress. I have been recommending RK Bridal to others and will continue to do because my dress was the most complimented part of my wedding. Also RK Bridal has the option to preserve your dress as well which I believe is a great idea. One less thing to do after the wedding. Your gown is shipped directly to you. Thank you RK Bridal!

Reviewed on 8/05/2016 Elwira C

I went to RK as my first salon and had Olga as my consultant. We were seen right away and Olga took her time to learn what I was into and what I didn't like. She not only allowed me to pick all the dresses I wanted but encouraged me to try some of her choices as well as styles... Read More that I wanted to try on for fun. The entire time she was very helpful and knew which one was THE one before I did. She knew exactly what I need for my body type and stayed within my budget. I couldn't have asked for a better experience and of course I purchased the dress of my dreams and didn't break the bank. I would recommend RK to anyone trying to look for a dress that is budget friendly and most importantly if you like options.

Reviewed on 8/03/2016 Karina J

Such a great experience, thank you!

Reviewed on 8/02/2016

I'm from California, but was visiting New York with my mom. I had read a few of RK Bridal's reviews, and we decided to pop in on a Saturday morning just to check out their selection. It was my first time trying on dresses, and it was a fantastic experience. They have a wonderful... Read More selection at a wide range of price points, and there were happy brides of different shapes and sizes all across the salon. I was able to find a beautiful lace dress at a reasonable price, and my consultant, Janice, was very sweet and extremely helpful. She helped track down some dresses with straps and cap sleeves that I love. The store manager was extremely kind, welcoming, and friendly, and all the staff we interacted with were approachable and helpful. This is one-stop shopping-- my mom even found her mother of the bride dress. If either of my sisters are in the New York area when they're engaged, I will highly recommend that they visit RK Bridal!

Reviewed on 7/30/2016 Allison B

Leah was INCREDIBLE! She was without a shadow of a doubt the most fantastic consultant. She took the time to really listen to what I wanted. She knew aspects of a dress that I didn't even know that I wanted, and ended up falling in love with. She was my advocate, my confidant... Read More and made the experience truly special. The selection is amazing, the customer service is out of this world, and I could not praise them anymore!

Reviewed on 7/20/2016 Valerie S

Had a great experience with Celine as my consultant. She looked at a Monique Lhuillier dress I loved that was over my budget and was able to pull a number of gowns from other designers that had similar qualities. I ended up finding one with gorgeous lace that didn't cost me a... Read More fortune. Really friendly and helpful staff- definitely recommend RK!

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 janet l

I know this place got a lot of mixed reviews but I had a great experience buying my dress here. I already knew what dress I wanted (from trying it on at other salons) and my friend told me about RK Bridal and how it would cost a lot less (versus Kleinfelds). So I called, gave... Read More them the style number for the dress and came in to try it on. Since RK is more of a no frill, no appointment kind of place, I wasn't expecting grade A service but the consultant was helpful and patient. She didn't need to pull any additional dresses for me since I already knew what I wanted to try on (so maybe the experience is different if you were trying on multiple dress and/or still in search). I ended up getting my alterations done too and they did a fantastic job!! 3 fittings and each time it was a smooth process and easy. I had to change my appointment a couple times and they were pretty accomodating. I would highly recommend brides to check out RK Bridal especially if you already know what dress you want. They were flexible with me to ship my dress to NJ (so I didn't have to pay taxes) but my only annoyance was that for alterations, we had to pay CASH ONLY. I didn't like walking around NYC with that much cash on me. I wish they would let me pay with a credit card and rack up some more points.

Reviewed on 7/11/2016 Fernanda B

What a store! Impossible not to find your dress there! All the staff was very helpful and they showed me models that were exactly what I wanted! Pretty difficult to choose the best! Price is also amazing! Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 7/07/2016 Cherise B

My experience at RK Bridal was amazing. My consultant Sheryl was absolutely amazing!!! She made sure I was comfortable paid attention to what I wanted and was so awesome. She made the whole experience like something out of a movie. My family and I had so much fun. She asked me... Read More what styles I liked and explained the pros and cons of dresses. OMG I couldn't stop smiling that day. All the staff at RK Bridal was so sweet and genuine. From the minute you walk in the door you feel special and important. I recommend this bridal salon to everyone. And I said YES to the dress. I actually came out I tears because I knew the last dress I tried on was the one. I'm going back with my bridal party to pick out dresses for my ladies. Thank you so much Sheryl and all the staff and RK Bridal NY.

Reviewed on 6/18/2016 Raizy B

Bought my wedding dress here as well as the bridesmaid dresses here. Not only was the staff pleasant to work with, but the manager, MADISON in particular was beyond AMAZING to deal with!!! She truly dealt with me from start to finish and made me feel like 'the only bride'... Read More there. She remembered me several months later, helped me with questions and made time for me. My dress came in earlier than expected and fittings went off without

Reviewed on 6/13/2016 Courtney A

RK Bridal is THE place you should go to try on wedding dresses. The women who help you try on and for fittings are super nice and make you feel comfortable. I thought I wouldn't want a certain style and the woman helping me suggested trying one on in that style since she... Read More recommended it for my body type. Lo and behold it fit like a glove and I wore it on my wedding day! I received so many heartfelt compliments from my family and friends about how stunning I was in my dress and it made the day so wonderful. The fittings went very well and Fanny was the best seamstress! They held my dress until pick up and alterations are $500+. It was in pristine condition when I picked it up as well. Couldn't be happier!

Reviewed on 6/13/2016 Cherisse W

RK Bridal is one of the BEST bridal salons!!! My sister got her bridal gown there. I have been to quite a few bridal salons and this is certainly top notch. From the minute my family and I stepped inside we felt welcomed. Everyone is so nice and helpful. My sister got her dream... Read More gown thanks to the help of Leah and Madison. They were amazing! The salon does not pressure you into purchasing a gown. They cater to the bride's every need. They even give attention to the bride's guests AND take lots of photos for you! I highly recommend this bridal salon and can't wait to shop there for my wedding gown in the future!

Reviewed on 6/10/2016 Jennifer F

April 16, 2016 bride here and I love RK Bridal. I am that girl who has dreamed of her wedding since she was 8. I created a wedding binder at the age of 14, pre-Pinterest if you will, and cut out pictures of dresses, flowers, tore pages out of magazines and newspapers. Anything... Read More wedding related, you name it, it was in the binder. Including the dress I eventually purchased from RK Bridal. I did not even know about RK until I went with my cousin in 2012 to look for her dress. That same year, I was on their website and printed out an Allure keyhole a-line fit and flare gown to try on when my time came just to see how keyhole would look. I always envisioned myself in an a-line lace dress, strapless sweetheart neckline with beading and sequins and that's exactly what I found. I purchased the dress from 2012 and with a few adjustments to make it sweetheart (the seamstress was amazing and executed my vision perfectly), I found my dream dress. I took forever trying to find the perfect dress, fell in love with a few, but part of RK's draw was the fact that they carry older gowns from around 5-7 years ago. Their inventory and list of designers is unmatched. The entire team was extremely patient with me, the head seamstress was amazing and they gave me everything I wanted. Even made sure a belt I ordered was there in time for my final fitting. They relocated to the west side of the city, which is a bit of a pain to get to, but worth it. I miss wearing my dress everyday but there's no doubt you'll find a dress if you come here.

Reviewed on 6/04/2016 Kimberly M

I had an absolutely wonderful experience at RK Bridal! I am sooo happy that I got my dress here! If you are thinking of visiting RK, you have to know that they only take walk-ins on a first come, first serve basis. Being a bridesmaid so many times, I knew this so I decided... Read More to go over the summer, on a Friday, as soon as they opened. Best time to go!! There was barely anyone there and I got the best consultant ever, Leah! Leah was so unbelievably helpful, sweet and took her time helping me find the right dress. I knew I wanted a Sophia Tolli dress as I thought that designer would fit my body well. She pulled some I had wanted and some others and they were all gorgeous! As soon as I put on the one, though, I knew! Everyone at RK was super nice too. Lisa, the manager was very nice and helpful when ordering and even when they had to call the owner over to confirm what size to order for me, he was extremely kind and accommodating. My dress came in super fast to ensure that it would fit correctly. The only slightly difficult part, which wasn't even that hard, was making my alterations appointments. As soon as I was able to get in touch with someone it was smooth sailing. I had Juan who worked on my dress and I have to say he took a dress that was falling off of me and after four appointments made it fit like it was made for me. He was a pleasure to work with and always made me feel calm about my appointments. I am so, so happy I went to RK Bridal for my wedding dress!

Reviewed on 6/01/2016 Lauren H

Finding the dress was ok because I enjoyed being able to choose dresses myself, but alterations were a nightmare- waited hours past my appointment time just to be seen, and had to go back multiple times to find that the issue we specifically agreed would be fixed was not even... Read More touched. It was a huge unnecessary added stress at an already stressful time. I wish I went anywhere else.

Start a Conversation!