Award winning Bridal Store near the heart of NYC

RK Bridal has the hottest selection of bridal gowns, bridesmaids, mother-of and special occasion dresses.Whether you are a local or an international bride, we are dedicated to providing you with the most competitive prices in the industry!

Gown Collections

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Shower + Party Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Bridal Stylists, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Group Discounts, Online Ordering, Fashion Services, Fashion

Bow2007

619 West 54th Street (5th Floor), New York, NY (212) 947-1155

No need to spend a fortune to get a dream dress!

Reviewed on 8/09/2010 Courtney P

For my wedding I wanted a stunning wedding dress. I pored over page after page of wedding magazines, trying to find the perfect dress. But I also didn't want to have to spend $5,000 or up on a dress that I would wear for one day. I read some positive reviews of RK Bridal, so I... Read More thought I'd give it a shot. I got my mom and bridesmaids together and in one day we hit three places. RK Bridal was the first. It's not a glamorous salon, with chaise lounges, snooty saleswomen and glasses of champagne handed out. If that's what you want, then you probably have no qualms about wasting thousands and thousands of dollars on a wedding gown, so go right ahead. They have tons of dresses, and one of the things I liked immediately was that you are encouraged to look through the racks yourself, to see what you like. My consultant was Sheryl, and she was awesome. Very sweet and friendly. She listened to what I liked and didn't like in dresses, and set out to pick a few to try on. All but one of her choices looked great on, and she took what worked and what didn't in mind as she went in search of more. We had a great time, and I felt like she was another (extremely knowledgable) friend helping me find my perfect dress. At the end of the appointment I had two very strong contenders. I told her I wanted to think about it because I'm not an impulse buyer, and said that we had two other appointments that day at other salons. She said she totally understood and that she hoped she'd see me again. We hugged as my group and I got ready to go, and the rest of the day I kept comparing my experiences at the other salons to the one I'd had at RK Bridal. When I was at Kleinfeld's (a terribly disappointing and frustrating experience in which they pressured me non-stop to purchase then & there, and my hour and a half time slot turned into 33 minutes because they were overbooked) I'd say to my friends, "You know, Sheryl didn't just pick out the exact dresses I had pictures of -- SHE showed me other options." At the third salon I remarked that Sheryl had actually seemed to care about helping me find the right dress and gave me personal attention, instead of just shuttling me off to a dressing room with my friends and dashing over to the next customer. In the end of course, it came down to the dress. And the dress I fell in love with was one from RK Bridal. It was really, really beautiful, just what I'd had in mind but hadn't been able to fully describe, and it cost less than $2,000. It didn't look any less expensive than any of the more costly dresses I'd tried on at other stores. On my wedding day I received tons of compliments on the dress, and my groom said I looked like a fairy tale princess or old-fashioned movie star (I love old movies, so this was a look I was aiming for). He couldn't stop staring at me, and on our wedding video you can hear him saying several times that I just look so beautiful. That's the only endorsement I really needed to know I'd made the right choice. I felt like a million bucks without having to spend nearly that amount! ;-) So, RK Bridal worked for me. The dresses I tried on were great quality, reasonably priced, and the service was the best I received anywhere I went. My experience with alterations was also stellar. The ladies in tailoring were incredibly nice, very exacting, and made sure that the dress fit as if it had been made just for me. They gave me a dream experience, a dream of a price, and definitely a dream dress.

Reviewed on 1/02/2017 Kristin A

After hearing so many excellent reviews about RK Bridal from friends and coworkers who have gone there to get their wedding dress, I decided to head in over. It was the first time I was trying on dresses and had no idea what to expect. Janice, one of the bridal dress... Read More consultants, was an absolute doll and made the process of trying on dresses amazing. She listened to what I wanted and after going to pick dresses, returned with some of the most stunning gowns I have ever seen. Janice was so incredibly patient with me and the process as a whole. It's true when everyone says you may like one style but when you try something completely different on, you'll just fall in love with it. I always imagined myself with a dress that had the nude/invisible lining and lace up the back. After trying in those types, I went for something with lace but with some Bling!!!! Never thought I would go that route and I have Janice's wonderful eye for detail to thank! I am so excited! I went to RK on New Year's Eve which was a Saturday and it was rather quiet but I do realize that this store can get packed so go during the week if you can! You will be rewarded with wonderful gowns and consultants who truly care and want you to look and feel like a princess on the most special day of your life. Can't wait for the dress to come in and get those alterations done! :)

I HAD THE BEST CONSULTANT EVER!!!

Reviewed on 8/18/2014 Solkristina M

My wedding is on August 1 2015 and I am having a destination wedding in the Dominican Republic.. I just recently purchased my wedding dress from Rk Bridal. Let me start off by saying I am not a girly girl, I hate shopping and looking through racks. So when i got to Rk i was... Read More overwhelmed because they have alot of dresses and its hard to look through the plastic because alot of them don't have pictures. So I highly recommend have some sort of idea on what you want to tell your consultant because they know the store more than you do. As I waited my turn I was observing everything (mind you it was a Saturday and packed) everyone looked cranky. Then I saw Lisa and she looked very friendly, happy, and welcoming. Even my sister-in-law noticed and told me I hope you get her ( I was thinking the same thing) lol. As I waited Lisa went to the list and called my name and I have to tell you she is amazing. She was friendly, attentive, and the biggest part was she listened to what I wanted and took it a step further. She asked details about my wedding to make sure that I was going to be comfortable in every way. She even gave me the opportunity to try different types of dresses to see what works with me and what doesn't so that I didn't have any doubt with choosing my dress. So I haven't finished the whole process with Rk yet, but so far so good. I even went to other stores just because i couldn't believe that I found my dress that fast in the first store that i went to and no consultant I met was like Lisa. She made my experience that much better, like I was shopping with a girlfriend. So i highly recommend when you see go to Rk bridal ask for Lisa she understands that this is the most important dress that you will purchase in your life, and she makes you feel important.

Reviewed on 5/26/2017 Jasmine W

I found my dress immediately. I searched the store and came across 2 that I had to have. They told me one would not be ready in time for my wedding. So I was destined to have the dress I chose. Staff was great. They let you see how you look on video from the front and back. It... Read More such an exciting day, watching all these brides try on dresses. They cheer or ring a bell when you decide on a dress. I forgot.But the staff is nice. I think I worked with Nadine and Diane!! Thanks!! oh ladies get there early!!! Sign up to try on dresses ends at 12 pm I believe. I just made it!

Reviewed on 5/25/2017 Erin S

RK bridal was the perfect place to go to for a gorgeous dress for an amazing price! They have a huge selection of bridal gowns. When I first went to try on dresses, everyone was so patient with my indecisiveness and didn't mind that I brought 8 people with me! LOL! the... Read More alterations are expensive but they do also have other recommendations to have your dress altered.

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Charnette L

They have good selection but the service is horrible. The ladies who work there are so judgmental and nasty. I sent some of my bridesmaids there and they were turned away and told they were 'too late' to buy their dresses because the store needed 2 months to alter dresses. They... Read More pressure you to buy with them instead of using their no-frills program. I will send the rest of my bridesmaids elsewhere!

Reviewed on 5/20/2017 Grace A

It was a little bit of a rollercoaster experience at RK, the first time I went I had a ton of photos of what I liked and the woman who was working with me totally understood and my dress was the 4th I tried on. I knew as soon as I put it on that it is exactly what I was looking... Read More for. The first fitting appointment was wonderful, Bernadine, my seamstress was really great, spent time adjusting and figuring out what worked best for my very small frame and was lovely. The second fitting was very strange. I think it may have been the manager on staff who kept coming in, looking annoyed, said that she would have to charge me $100 extra to remove more fabric from the train, and was generally a very rude person. I felt like they were all telling me I was wrong for wanting the train to be shorter (I needed it to be shorter because I was going to be dancing in my dress the whole night and didn’t want people to rip it to pieces). The third visit was much better, it was a really nice gentleman who was managing that day, and he was lovely. Absolutely agreed that the train should come off, gave very specific instructions to my seamstress, and was incredibly accommodating and assured me that many, many people had the same issue with this dress. When I took it home, it was perfect and I couldn’t be happier with the dress. My husband thought it was gorgeous. People absolutely LOVED my wedding dress, it was not over-the-top, very elegant but with lovely details of lace and pearls - and the best part of all was that the base price was a lot less than what I was anticipating spending - about $950. RK’s alteration price is pretty steep - $600 not including the cups that were sewn in for an extra $30. Overall, the experience was good at RK.

Reviewed on 5/12/2017 Amanda S

I want to thank RK Bridal for an amazing dress buying experience! Malak was amazing. I didn't feel pressured at all like I did at other salons I had visited. Also, after just giving Malak a few guidelines on what I liked and didn't like she was able to pull a whole garment rack... Read More of dresses. She even pulled some that didn't necessarily fit into what I was describing to her and I'm so glad she did because I wound up choosing a dress that I never thought I would like. I would highly recommend that anyone looking to buy a dress go there especially if you are open to anything. They have tons of styles and designers to choose from and amazing staff that make you feel welcome at all times. Thank you again Malak!

Reviewed on 5/11/2017 Becky E

Let me start by saying I had the BEST experience at RK Bridal. My consultant, Olga, was nothing short of amazing. I went on a Monday morning because I saw that most of the negative reviews were for long wait times on weekends. I walked in right as the doors opened and was... Read More immediately greeted and assisted. Right away Olga introduced herself and we were off! We spent some time looking at pictures and discussing what I thought I wanted. Then my family and I were able to walk around the salon with Olga to pull some dresses. We initially pulled dresses I had seen online that I thought I would like. After trying on 4-5 gowns, it was clear that the dresses weren't working. I made sure to tell Olga what I did and didn't like about all of the dresses, and she said she wanted to go pull some additional gowns. In a few minutes she was back with new dresses. The second one I tried on was perfect! It was everything I wanted in my wedding dress. Olga took the time to really understand what I was looking for, and also what would look good on me. She was absolutely great. At no point did I feel rushed, or pressured. It was the best experience. Once you feel like your dress could be the one, you are able to go over to a runway of sorts where you can walk and see the back and front of your dress on a big tv screen. This is awesome because you are really able to see what the gown looks like when you move. Then you are able to take a picture with your family and hold up "yes" signs. It really made everyone feel special and involved. This was the first and only salon I went to in NYC, and I am so glad I did. From the receptionists to Olga, to paying for my dress, everyone was so nice. My only suggestion is to go on a weekday if you can, as it is really quiet and you won't have to wait very long, if at all, to be placed with a consultant. Thank you Olga for finding me my dream dress!

Reviewed on 5/11/2017 Becky E

Reviewed on 5/01/2017

I went here Spur of the moment and I have to say it was the best choice ever! SHERYL is amazing!!!! Absolutely the best! Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 5/01/2017

Reviewed on 4/29/2017

I went into RK bridal this morning just to get a sense of what I liked and what gowns I may be interested in. Malak was my dress consultant and was absolutely amazing!! I was not planning on purchasing anything today but she brought out amazing gowns that were just my style. I... Read More wound up getting the dress of my dreams and could not be happier. The entire staff was amazing and completely helpful, and I was able to find bridesmaids dresses I absolutely love all in the same day. I would recommend this bridal salon to anyone in the NYC area.

Reviewed on 4/26/2017 Betsy B

I kept a tally of my favorite dresses, and RK Bridal had the most on my list. Leah G was my consultant for the day. She did an amazing job, not only listening, but also picking up on my non-verbal cues as well. When my dress arrived and I went in for my try-on, it didn't... Read More fit. The dress was not cut to the size chart measurements. RK ordered another one in the next size up and it arrived it plenty of time. However, during my try-on, the woman assigned to assist in the dressing room was not helpful. She did not take the dress off the hanger or help me into my dress. She insinuated that I had gained weight because it was tight. My second measurements were the same as the first. When she looked at the numbers, she just slinked away. I haven't had my fittings yet, but I am excited because of Juan, the tailor. He talked me through dress #1 fiasco, and gave his seal of approval during dress #2 try-on.

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Rosalie L

First things first - do not go here on a weekend. RK Bridal is a very HUGE establishment. I came in Saturday morning, 20 minutes after it opened and I was Bride #21.. I waited about an hour or so, but during that wait time, you get to browse through the wedding gowns but you... Read More don't take them off the rack, they will do it later on. So my issue on that day was I felt very rushed, I picked about 6 dresses that I would like to try on but they only pulled 3 and I only got to try on those 3. After that, I was just BLAH and left because I didn't feel catered to or helped in that matter. But I knew this place was huge so I gave it another try and came on a Thursday afternoon, it was empty. I was seen and helped right away, I still had the saved dresses so they took down the dresses I didn't get to try and tried it then. Still, did not feel good about any dress. Then the lady that was assisting me (forgot her name sorry!) said there are new dresses from the last time I came there and I told her the style I wanted, she brings back this dress from Maggie Sottero collection and that was it. I fell in love with it. So let me talk about the PROS: vast collection of dresses, I am sure you'll find THE ONE here.. it just takes time. CONS: the receptionist on that Saturday morning was RUDE like she didn't want to be bothered. and the ALTERATIONS DEPARTMENT: oh my god, the people up front, such --- I just cant, they just made me feel like they didn't want to be there. The girl that altered my dress, I love her! Its funny because its those people that greet you up in the front -- they are the ones that are expected to smile and welcome everyone and yet, I felt most annoyed by. Even my bridesmaid who was with me during all my fittings were like WTF. And even though you have an appointment, they still make you wait! MY dress was gorgeous though! (the negative review is mostly for the alteration department). There was a time that I was waiting for about 15mins and none of the receptionists came back up front so you know what I did - I called their phone, and it made one of the girls come to pick up the phone up front. I hung up, and while she was there, I asked what's going on, why I'm waiting so long (almost 30mins) and she goes "you just walked in" I told her to look at the sign in paper and told her that my friend and I have been waiting, I AM ALWAYS ON TIME. UGH. that really annoyed me. thankfully that was my last fitting and did not have to go back to that place.

Reviewed on 4/20/2017 Alyssa M

RK Bridal in New York City was the best place to shop for a wedding dress. They took one look at my pinterest page and knew exactly what I was looking for. They have such a large selection of wedding dresses that you will definitely find yours here. Cheryl, thank you for... Read More helping me say YES to the Dress! And to all the ladies and gents in alterations that made my dress fit like a glove....THANK YOU!

Reviewed on 4/20/2017 Lindsey G

I wanted to go to RK Bridal because they seemed to have EVERY designer that I looked up. And I was not disappointed by their dress selection! I went on a Monday at around 12:00 and was told there would be a 45 minute wait (which I went in expecting, after reading all the other... Read More reviews). The woman at the front desk looked up all the dresses on my list (it was 4 pages long) and told me which ones they had, so I could go find them. The bridal consultant came out to get me before I was done looking, so the time passes pretty quickly. I worked with Celine. At first she was kind of quiet and she had me pick all the dresses I wanted to try, which is fine for me, because I already knew what I wanted. If you have no clue, this store might be a little overwhelming for you. After trying on a couple of dresses that were "eh" I tried on a Sophia Tolli dress that I fell in love with, and Celine explained to me what was different about that one and helped me find others that were similar. I made an appointment to come back and work with Celine a few weeks later and again had a long list of dresses, which Celine went and found while I waited for her. With her guidance, I finally found the one! Mind you, this was my 6th time trying on dresses and I started looking 4 months ago...Celine was so patient and not at all pushy. When she saw me getting overwhelmed, she left me and my mom alone to talk things over and encouraged me to take my time and think about it before deciding. I really appreciated that she didn't push me like some other stores had. This store is worth the wait list and I couldn't have done it without Celine. I can't wait to go back and officially say yes to my dress!

Reviewed on 4/18/2017 Rachel M

My wedding dress purchasing experience was great. Malak was my salesperson and she had me in a bunch of dresses during my first visit. I felt like she knew when I was in “the” dress before I did because she saw me before I turned to the mirror. She already had the veil and... Read More headpiece waiting for me when I realized I was in “the” dress. She was amazing. DO NOT EVER GO HERE FOR ALTERATIONS!!! I can’t stress that enough! I figured going to the place I purchased the dress I would be treated better and they would know what they were doing. WRONG! They had me with three different seamstresses who did not communicate to each other what needed to be done and on my “final” appointment the dress still didn’t fit, it wasn't hemmed and there was a hard line across the waist with all the lace stuck in the seam of the waist. I spent two extra appointments crying in the fitting room because they couldn't get the dress right and at that point, I was only 3 days out from my wedding. The owner was rude and obnoxious and spoke to my mother like she was running around the store cursing everyone out. The owner told me I had to pay $600 for alteration or I couldn't take the dress even though I only had $200 worth of work done shortening the dress and having the sides taken in. She told me my dress was custom when it was the seamstresses who messed it up and had to take extra time to fix it later which I should not have had to pay for. She even told me she didn't need me or any of my friends to make money. Please, whatever you do, do NOT get your dress altered at RK bridal alterations!!!

Reviewed on 4/15/2017 Jackie W

This place is amazing! They have legit every dress and designer you can dream of! Seline was amazing.. so attentive and picked dresses exactly how I described.. so refreshing to find a consultant who listens to you and gives you great advice, rather then just tells you to try on... Read More dresses you know you're not going to like. Jackie the

Reviewed on 3/30/2017 R R

Sheryl at RK Bridal is THE BEST bridal consultant you can find! I went to over 6 salons (including Kleinfelds, Ingram, Pantora, etc.) and was EXTREMELY underwhelmed and didnt feel like the consultants really understood what I was going for. Sheryl, however, got me to a T and did... Read More so in under 15 mins, which is unheard of!!! In a salon with thousands of options one might think the task to find the perfect dress would be daunting, but not with Sheryl! When I tell you she is amazing at what she does and has an amazing confidence and assurance that will put you at ease...I mean it! You are doing yourself a hugeeeee disservice if you do not go to RK Bridal and allow Sheryl to work her magic...she has a wonderful eye! It was an absolute pleasure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SHERYL, TRULY

Reviewed on 3/23/2017 Luisa W

Wedding dress shopping seems like it’s going to be a very daunting, stressful task. The idea gave me anxiety, especially the way it’s portrayed on tv. Where to start, Ivory, White, A-Line, Mermaid, Silhouette, Material, Price, Fit, etc. etc. As soon as we walked into RK Bridal,... Read More my mom and I felt welcomed. A chic urban warehouse with wedding dresses everywhere. Unlike most dress shops that tend to feel stuffy, there was a relaxed atmosphere about the place. Nicole helped us right away. She reminded me of my grandmother and she was lovely. Nicole was inviting, knowledgeable and helpful. I brought her printouts of some dresses I found online that I was interested in. She pulled those for me and brought them in to try on. After trying a few on, and finding one that I loved, she asked me if I would be okay with her pulling a few of her own choices based on the one that I liked and my taste in gowns. The first one she brought back ended up being just the wedding gown for me. She took elements of the first dress I liked, and found one that fit me to a T. When we decided on that one for my dress, she was so excited! She went to the back to find a cathedral length veil that matched the dress and when I looked in the mirror, I finally felt like a bride. It really started to hit me. After we picked the dress, RK Bridal set up several visits/fittings with us. As it got closer, with each visit, it felt more and more surreal. I had my final fitting about a week before to make sure everything fit perfectly on the wedding day. Boy did they get it spot on! Fit like a glove.

Their slogan, “RK Bridal - It’s where you buy your gown.”…

…Accurate.

Reviewed on 3/10/2017 Katrina C

I've been meaning to write this review for awhile. I bought my dress at RK Bridal last month and I have to say, it was an amazing experience!! Natalie was my stylist and she was FANTASTIC! She listened to exactly what I wanted, and brought back literally an entire rack of... Read More PERFECT dresses that were all within my budget. I did not feel pressured to purchase, and didn't feel like she was going to get me into a more expensive dress. She was honest, helpful, and a super good listener. I ended up buying an absolutely gorgeous dress and now I am waiting (impatiently!) For the day I can pick it up. Thank you SO MUCH to Natalie and RK Bridal for such a fabulous experience!!!

Reviewed on 3/08/2017 Kimberlie N

Cheryl, Cheryl, Cheryl! I went to three bridal salons & Cheryl gave me the best bridal experience. She listens and she DELIVERS! I had a lot of dress restrictions (sleeves/ no cleavage etc) so my options were scarce but that didn't stop her from making me look beautiful & not... Read More like an old lady. Although I didn't buy the dress because I want to check some other places out, I have a GREAT CONTENDER at RK BRIDAL. I look at it everyday. Lol. I digress! If you're looking for an affordable, great dress quality options, and top notch customer service. Don't hesitate to go there! You will not regret!

Reviewed on 3/04/2017 A V

This establishment does not require appointments, so be prepared to wait two hours to see a consultant. The prices are great, and most of the employees are respectful. My bridesmaids did have a negative experience with one of the employees that refused to work with them or... Read More initiate a conversation as they walked in. This same employee also gave them dirty looks as they walked out. Even though my experience was good, I think the customer service for ALL their customers need to be addressed.

Reviewed on 2/27/2017 Elisa N

I visited RK Bridal on a Friday and waited about 15 minutes for a consultant. While I waited, I was encouraged to browse dresses and take photos of the tags, so my consultant would know what to pull for me. Pros: RK has a wide selection of dresses across different prices... Read More ranges. Cons: My consultant was nice, but I feel like she didn't go beyond the bare necessities. When I sat down with her, she asked what styles I liked and said "OK lets go walk down the rows and pick out dresses." There are literally 20+ rows of dresses. I walked down one, she grabbed 8 dresses and said OK lets start there. I kept asking if there was anything else from other designers that I might like and she said no. I find this to be impossible and a bit lazy. I'm familiar with 3-4 designers and RK has over 20 designers. I find it hard to believe there aren't other designers that would have had dresses I liked. I ended up trying on dresses from designers I already knew, which was disappointing. Although I did not find my dress, they do have a good selection.