Award winning Bridal Store near the heart of NYC

RK Bridal has the hottest selection of bridal gowns, bridesmaids, mother-of and special occasion dresses.Whether you are a local or an international bride, we are dedicated to providing you with the most competitive prices in the industry!

Gown Collections

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Shower + Party Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Bridal Stylists, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Group Discounts, Online Ordering, Fashion Services, Fashion

Bow2007

619 West 54th Street (5th Floor), New York, NY (212) 947-1155

No need to spend a fortune to get a dream dress!

Reviewed on 8/09/2010 Courtney P

For my wedding I wanted a stunning wedding dress. I pored over page after page of wedding magazines, trying to find the perfect dress. But I also didn't want to have to spend $5,000 or up on a dress that I would wear for one day. I read some positive reviews of RK Bridal, so I... Read More thought I'd give it a shot. I got my mom and bridesmaids together and in one day we hit three places. RK Bridal was the first. It's not a glamorous salon, with chaise lounges, snooty saleswomen and glasses of champagne handed out. If that's what you want, then you probably have no qualms about wasting thousands and thousands of dollars on a wedding gown, so go right ahead. They have tons of dresses, and one of the things I liked immediately was that you are encouraged to look through the racks yourself, to see what you like. My consultant was Sheryl, and she was awesome. Very sweet and friendly. She listened to what I liked and didn't like in dresses, and set out to pick a few to try on. All but one of her choices looked great on, and she took what worked and what didn't in mind as she went in search of more. We had a great time, and I felt like she was another (extremely knowledgable) friend helping me find my perfect dress. At the end of the appointment I had two very strong contenders. I told her I wanted to think about it because I'm not an impulse buyer, and said that we had two other appointments that day at other salons. She said she totally understood and that she hoped she'd see me again. We hugged as my group and I got ready to go, and the rest of the day I kept comparing my experiences at the other salons to the one I'd had at RK Bridal. When I was at Kleinfeld's (a terribly disappointing and frustrating experience in which they pressured me non-stop to purchase then & there, and my hour and a half time slot turned into 33 minutes because they were overbooked) I'd say to my friends, "You know, Sheryl didn't just pick out the exact dresses I had pictures of -- SHE showed me other options." At the third salon I remarked that Sheryl had actually seemed to care about helping me find the right dress and gave me personal attention, instead of just shuttling me off to a dressing room with my friends and dashing over to the next customer. In the end of course, it came down to the dress. And the dress I fell in love with was one from RK Bridal. It was really, really beautiful, just what I'd had in mind but hadn't been able to fully describe, and it cost less than $2,000. It didn't look any less expensive than any of the more costly dresses I'd tried on at other stores. On my wedding day I received tons of compliments on the dress, and my groom said I looked like a fairy tale princess or old-fashioned movie star (I love old movies, so this was a look I was aiming for). He couldn't stop staring at me, and on our wedding video you can hear him saying several times that I just look so beautiful. That's the only endorsement I really needed to know I'd made the right choice. I felt like a million bucks without having to spend nearly that amount! ;-) So, RK Bridal worked for me. The dresses I tried on were great quality, reasonably priced, and the service was the best I received anywhere I went. My experience with alterations was also stellar. The ladies in tailoring were incredibly nice, very exacting, and made sure that the dress fit as if it had been made just for me. They gave me a dream experience, a dream of a price, and definitely a dream dress.

Reviewed on 1/02/2017 Kristin A

After hearing so many excellent reviews about RK Bridal from friends and coworkers who have gone there to get their wedding dress, I decided to head in over. It was the first time I was trying on dresses and had no idea what to expect. Janice, one of the bridal dress... Read More consultants, was an absolute doll and made the process of trying on dresses amazing. She listened to what I wanted and after going to pick dresses, returned with some of the most stunning gowns I have ever seen. Janice was so incredibly patient with me and the process as a whole. It's true when everyone says you may like one style but when you try something completely different on, you'll just fall in love with it. I always imagined myself with a dress that had the nude/invisible lining and lace up the back. After trying in those types, I went for something with lace but with some Bling!!!! Never thought I would go that route and I have Janice's wonderful eye for detail to thank! I am so excited! I went to RK on New Year's Eve which was a Saturday and it was rather quiet but I do realize that this store can get packed so go during the week if you can! You will be rewarded with wonderful gowns and consultants who truly care and want you to look and feel like a princess on the most special day of your life. Can't wait for the dress to come in and get those alterations done! :)

I HAD THE BEST CONSULTANT EVER!!!

Reviewed on 8/18/2014 Solkristina M

My wedding is on August 1 2015 and I am having a destination wedding in the Dominican Republic.. I just recently purchased my wedding dress from Rk Bridal. Let me start off by saying I am not a girly girl, I hate shopping and looking through racks. So when i got to Rk i was... Read More overwhelmed because they have alot of dresses and its hard to look through the plastic because alot of them don't have pictures. So I highly recommend have some sort of idea on what you want to tell your consultant because they know the store more than you do. As I waited my turn I was observing everything (mind you it was a Saturday and packed) everyone looked cranky. Then I saw Lisa and she looked very friendly, happy, and welcoming. Even my sister-in-law noticed and told me I hope you get her ( I was thinking the same thing) lol. As I waited Lisa went to the list and called my name and I have to tell you she is amazing. She was friendly, attentive, and the biggest part was she listened to what I wanted and took it a step further. She asked details about my wedding to make sure that I was going to be comfortable in every way. She even gave me the opportunity to try different types of dresses to see what works with me and what doesn't so that I didn't have any doubt with choosing my dress. So I haven't finished the whole process with Rk yet, but so far so good. I even went to other stores just because i couldn't believe that I found my dress that fast in the first store that i went to and no consultant I met was like Lisa. She made my experience that much better, like I was shopping with a girlfriend. So i highly recommend when you see go to Rk bridal ask for Lisa she understands that this is the most important dress that you will purchase in your life, and she makes you feel important.

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Maggie C

I had a wonderful consultant who took the photos from dressed I had tried on, her brief interaction with me and used her intuition to find me my dream dress (that I didn't even know I wanted). She was fantastic. The process of going to RK is notoriously frustrating - say it with... Read More me: they do not take appointments! You will likely wait forever, sometimes throughout the alteration process. My tailor was good at altering my dress, HOWEVER, I kept telling the team that I needed it to be shorter so that I would not trip on the wedding day, and when I received it, the tulle was SO much longer than the bottom layer. I tripped the entire day, and I had expressed repeatedly that it needed to be hemmed. That was very disappointing after 3 alteration appointments.

Reviewed on 8/12/2017 Alison T

I went to a bunch of places and then finally found my dress at RK. They were great and so happy with my dress.

Reviewed on 8/09/2017 Angely R

I had an AMAZING experience at RK bridal!!!!! the first time I went was on a Saturday. My consultant was Monica, I absolutely LOLVED HER!!! Monica was so patient with me, I explained to her what kind of dress I wanted and she knew exactly what dresses I would love! the second... Read More time I went was on a Monday afternoon, I requested Monica again. Ashely helped me choose dresses off the rack while I waited for Monica to be available. Ashely was the sweetest, I felt like I was dress shopping with a friend! Once Monica was available, she took great care of me. even though i had chosen dresses on my own, she still took her time looking for other dresses she thought i might like. needless to say she definitely found "the one" and I SAID YES TO THE DRESS!! I did have a slight problem, but I contacted Jackie the owner and she made sure the problem was fixed immediately. Both Jackie and Madison went out their way to make sure I was completely satisfied and happy. I seriously cant find the words to thank the RK bridal staff!! Not only did I find my dream dress at an affordable price, but I was well taken care of. Thank you RK bridal!!

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Tina A

I rarely post bad reviews because I feel if the business was bad I'd rather not go back but considering there will be other brides shopping at this place I prefer to hopefully give someone advice. This place has a great selection of dress unfortunately, you're rushed and made... Read More to feel that it's more important to buy a dress than the right dress for you. My bra size measurement is a 36 bra size, but was measured at 38, needless to say the dress didn't fit properly and was really hard to adjust considering the cups were gigantic. It's better to find a boutique where the sales person is willing to help you find a dress that suites your body type and fits. Once you feel rushed or not sure about a dress or boutique, sales person etc. it's best to go elsewhere. Wedding dresses are expensive and you shouldn't be rushed on making such a big purchase.

Reviewed on 8/04/2017 Jaclyn L

I walked in looking for my dress completely over whelmed and nervous. When I told the consultant what I wanted she wasted no time finding what I liked. I cannot be more happier with the service and the dress I bought. It was my dream dress and everything plus more. I have to... Read More say Juan in alterations was my life saver and sun. He made sure I was happy and if I didn't seem it he would turn it around even if I had to wait hours for my dress to be perfect. He is the best and cares for the brides! I am recommending everyone to RK to find their dream dress..

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Melissa H

RK bridal was an incredible experience for me. I went on a Wednesday morning and didn't have to wait at all. Totally recommend going on a weekday morning because it's definitely less crowded and more personal. All of the dresses (and there are thousands) are so reasonably... Read More priced, you won't find prices like this anywhere else. However, the main reason that my experience was so wonderful was because of my consultant, Olga. She was AMAZING!!!!! From the moment I met with her I felt connected with her, I showed her a couple of pictures of dresses that I liked and she immediately began pulling dresses. She knew exactly what I was looking for, she picked out such gorgeous gowns!! She went above and beyond my expectations, she would show me gowns in different colors so I could get an idea, and she was so gentle, sweet, and she listened so what I was looking for. Although she let me pull whatever dresses I wanted, she found much better ones that looked better on me. She pulled a dress and it was everything I had imagined, and I said yes to the dress!!!! Olga spent over 2 hours with me and I felt so blessed to have met her. She seriously is amazing at what she does and anyone who gets to work with her is seriously blessed. Thank you Olga and RK bridal for making me feel like a true princess!!!

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Alyssa S

This salon doesn't take appointments, so I accidentally came on a day they were having their sample sale. I got there at 11:30 AM and was told there was a 3 hour wait. I decided to stay since I was their from out of state to try on dresses with my family. I was told to go... Read More through hundreds of dresses and take pictures of all of the ones that I like, but I have to narrow it down to my top 3. It was extremely difficult to see the dresses in the plastic garment bags. I took pictures of about 30 dresses. I was only allowed to try on 7. By the time I actually got into the changing room, I was rushed because I was the last appointment. Mind you, I got there at 11:30 and they closed at 4:30. I found a dress that I LOVED and asked if I could try it on one more time before I go and was told no. I expressed to her that I live out of state and she told me to come back when I'm in town again. I will probably try to find this dress at a local store. I understand that this is just a job for the employees there but this was my wedding dress trial wit my family. My experience was dampened by the service.

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Kayla S

I said Yes to the Dress at RK!! Sheryl was my consultant and she was such a blessing. She was so patient and she not just listened but truly understood what I wanted in a dress. The staff at RK were all very kind and truly made the experience wonderful. A genuine 5-star... Read More experience!

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Tamara T

I said yes to the dress this past Saturday! I requested Sheryl as my consultant again and she is the best in my book. She provided me and my family with a rack to place 7 dresses on and allowed my to try on the dress I initially put on a couple of weeks ago. The "dress" I... Read More selected was placed on the rack by my sister and as soon as Sheryl placed this dress on me she said hunny this is veil worthy! In addition, my family is rather large and she brought out more seating to accommodate us. Sheryl, is amazing to work with and I will definitely recommend not just RK bridal but Sheryl to future brides. Ladies I ordered my dress and veil that day but it will not arrive until October. I strongly suggest looking for your dress as soon as you can! RK Bridal has many dresses and they are affordable! Not only did I say yes to the dress but yes to the veil and it was way under my budget. Cheers to them for making my dream come true! I will write back again soon regarding how my alterations went.

Reviewed on 7/08/2017 Alethea W

I had the most amazing consultant Leah. she was patient and understood exactly what I wanted in a dress and I said yes to the dress. I love it every time I put it on. Definitely an amazing bridal experience.

Reviewed on 6/24/2017 Kim L

I went to RK bridal after going to a few salons locally on LI and not finding the perfect dress. This salon had a huge selection and it was first come first serve (no appointments). It is not easy to get to, so that was the first downside, it is several blocks from the nearest... Read More subway station and very limited parking in the surrounding areas. The staff was nice and helpful, especially Juan who did my alterations. The customer service on the phone was not the best. On my final pickup when I went to pickup my dress to take home before the wedding they had not finished the lining around and under the arms to prevent the redness that was occurring... they did complete it while I waited for about an hour, but it should have been done in the first place and then I wouldn't have been caught in rush hour traffic. Overall, the salon had a great selection and tried to do whatever they could to help

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Taryn D

I would love to share my magical experience with Sherry at RK Bridal. From the moment we said hello, this ray of sunshine approached me with a beautiful smile and inner glow and I knew It was going to be an amazing day. With her expertise she helped me find the wedding dress of... Read More my dreams!!! It wasn't any of the ones that I had chosen off of the website either. After asking me about my special day and theme, I was presented with "my dress". It was the very first I tried on, and it was the "one". It was the exact dress I was looking for! After placing the most perfect veil on I looked at myself and started to cry because I finally envisioned myself a bride. My maid of honor was with me and was tearing up and even Sherry herself had gotten a little emotional because the bond that we shared that day was palpable. She is truly a beautiful person inside and out. It was an experience I will never forget. In the world we live in today its very hard to meet people who are genuine and kind and who can actually make a difference in your life and make the best day of your life come true with the perfect dress that will make you feel like your in a fairytale. Ive dreamt of this day since I'm a little girl and how it would be, but after meeting Sherry and the staff at RK Bridal it was everything I've hoped for and more! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Sincerely, The happiest bride-to-be!!!! Taryn D.

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Amy R

RK Bridal was amazing throughout the whole wedding dress buying and altering process. Their selection is very large and the staff is very nice and so helpful. Highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Annabel S

RK Bridal was the first store I came to to try on dresses. It was easy (walk in only) and the consultant, Monica, was extremely helpful. She showed me things that were all within my price range. I went to another store, and then ended up coming back here to purchase one of... Read More the dresses she showed me. Everyone was really helpful in explaining things to me, and making sure I knew what to do for alterations, etc. (My wedding is in less than 6 months, so I will have to take the dress to an outside tailor.) I would highly recommend coming here.

Reviewed on 6/13/2017

I had a wonderful experience at The Gown Shop! The people working there were so friendly, and really listened to what I wanted. I was able to find my dress on the first day, which was awesome! Great selection and great atmosphere!

Reviewed on 6/10/2017 Rebecca A

My nightmares of attending a bridal salon to try out my own wedding dress were demolished when I went to find my wedding dress. I had the most awesome staff ever, Sheryl! She was just so fun to work with and definitely eased the stress of finding the right dress. I think what... Read More worked for me was that I went with an open mind and tried different styles and Sheryl was awesome in getting different styles that looked great on me. I'm grateful for RK bridal and Sheryl for a wonderful experience. I may have broken the rule of buying the dress on the first day, but Sheryl helped me find THE ONE.

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 TAMI G

Awesome experience with Nadine! My Wedding was 3 weeks away (yes, you read that right). RK Bridal was my last appointment but should have been my only appointment. I knew upon the elevator doors opening to reveal the showroom that this was the place. They carry a wide range... Read More of beautiful gowns for every Bride! After signing in, Nadine whisked my Mom and I over to her little corner at RK and began working her magic! Nadine recommended dress, after dress, after dress! She was accommodating, listened to what I wanted and delivered a stunning number in the end. I am so pleased I met her. Nadine you made my Wedding Dress shopping experience worthwhile, enjoyable and fun! Thank you! You were born to do this!

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Cassandra R

I had a great experience shopping and picking out my dress. RK has a great selection for shockingly lower prices than I was expecting. I absolutely loved my dress! I will say RK is not going to be a typical bridal experience; you should be prepared to wait a little since they... Read More don’t take appointments and do some quick and efficient shopping yourself. It was definitely helpful to have gone in with specific designers and dresses in mind to try on. If you’re not looking for the full ‘Say Yes to the Dress’ experience, RK is perfect and will have you in and out quickly with a great dress. However, my experience with alterations was a bit disappointing. In the end my dress fit perfect and nothing was wrong with the dress itself, but on the customer service end of things, RK’s alterations department could definitely improve. The person doing my fittings did not speak English so there were definitely some miscommunications that ended up costing me an extra fitting that I don’t think was needed (going into Manhattan every fitting was not easy, so an extra fitting did not help). On multiple occasions I sat waiting for hours because nobody checked the sign-in sheet. My pick-up appointment which should’ve been relatively quick took 2 hours because of some sort of sign-in sheet confusion. Unfortunately that last experience with the alterations department made my whole experience at RK a bit negative. I would say if you have the option, buy your dress there and alter it elsewhere because the treks into Manhattan are not worth the waiting around. However if you do decide to alter your dress here, just be really clear about what you want done with your dress and how long you’ve been waiting. Don’t let the alterations stories deter you from shopping at RK because that experience was really wonderful and I found a beautiful dress, but in hindsight I would’ve gotten it altered elsewhere.

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Rachel C

Wish they took appointments but was able to find my dress none the less. Waited about two hours on a busy Sunday morning there. Left with a sample dress that I got for a great deal. The stylist assured me that all the alterations would be possible, and they were, but with an... Read More incredible amount of work by a very talented seamstress. Because there is such a large crowd at this salon, I did feel a little rushed at times. One of the super cool features of this salon is the "practice runway" where you can see what you look like walking down an aisle in the gowns. I have since recommended this salon to friends who also had success stories here!

Reviewed on 6/03/2017 Tanya C

I highly recommend RK Bridal! There's no way you can go there and not find a dress! If you're there be sure to ask for Janice, she's the best with 25 years of experience under her belt. I must have picked out a million wedding dresses to try on and none were equivalent to the... Read More one she suggested for me. The dress was PERFECT! I can't even explain how amazing and beautiful my wedding dress is. I honestly wouldn't have picked that dress for myself, I didn't even see this dress, hence why you need someone experienced. I can go on and on about Janice, but you just have to experience her expertise for yourself! She's the best! Thank you Janice for all your help and making me, my friends & family feel so comfortable and for the amazing services your provided and your patience throughout the whole ordeal! I love my wedding dress and I can't wait for my husband to be to see me in my dress! I'll see you again during my fittings! Warmest Regards, Tanya xoxo

Reviewed on 5/28/2017 Angela C

I found the most amazing wedding gown at RK Bridal. NYC isn't the ideal place for a bride to look for a gown on a budget, but I was lucky to have a couple of options at RK Bridal. I worked with Olga, who was very nice and tried her best to help me out. However, I had specific... Read More look in mind and did not feel comfortable committing on my first trip there. When I went to a bridal store in Boston, I found the dress I wanted, but wanted to buy it in NYC so that it would be easier to have alterations done. It took a lot of extra work (going back and forth with emails and phone calls), but RK Bridal ultimately agreed to price match the dress and special order it online. I was happy that RK Bridal honored their policy. The reason why I gave RK a 4 star rating was the price of their alterations department - which is quite high for only 3 sessions. I ended up finding an amazing seamstress/dress designer in NYC for a much better deal.

Reviewed on 5/26/2017 Jasmine W

I found my dress immediately. I searched the store and came across 2 that I had to have. They told me one would not be ready in time for my wedding. So I was destined to have the dress I chose. Staff was great. They let you see how you look on video from the front and back. It... Read More such an exciting day, watching all these brides try on dresses. They cheer or ring a bell when you decide on a dress. I forgot.But the staff is nice. I think I worked with Nadine and Diane!! Thanks!! oh ladies get there early!!! Sign up to try on dresses ends at 12 pm I believe. I just made it!