Gown Collections

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Shower + Party Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Bridal Stylists, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Group Discounts, Online Ordering, Fashion Services, Fashion

Bow2007

619 West 54th Street (5th Floor), New York, NY

No need to spend a fortune to get a dream dress!

Reviewed on 8/09/2010 Courtney P

For my wedding I wanted a stunning wedding dress. I pored over page after page of wedding magazines, trying to find the perfect dress. But I also didn't want to have to spend $5,000 or up on a dress that I would wear for one day. I read some positive reviews of RK Bridal, so I... Read More thought I'd give it a shot. I got my mom and bridesmaids together and in one day we hit three places. RK Bridal was the first. It's not a glamorous salon, with chaise lounges, snooty saleswomen and glasses of champagne handed out. If that's what you want, then you probably have no qualms about wasting thousands and thousands of dollars on a wedding gown, so go right ahead. They have tons of dresses, and one of the things I liked immediately was that you are encouraged to look through the racks yourself, to see what you like. My consultant was Sheryl, and she was awesome. Very sweet and friendly. She listened to what I liked and didn't like in dresses, and set out to pick a few to try on. All but one of her choices looked great on, and she took what worked and what didn't in mind as she went in search of more. We had a great time, and I felt like she was another (extremely knowledgable) friend helping me find my perfect dress. At the end of the appointment I had two very strong contenders. I told her I wanted to think about it because I'm not an impulse buyer, and said that we had two other appointments that day at other salons. She said she totally understood and that she hoped she'd see me again. We hugged as my group and I got ready to go, and the rest of the day I kept comparing my experiences at the other salons to the one I'd had at RK Bridal. When I was at Kleinfeld's (a terribly disappointing and frustrating experience in which they pressured me non-stop to purchase then & there, and my hour and a half time slot turned into 33 minutes because they were overbooked) I'd say to my friends, "You know, Sheryl didn't just pick out the exact dresses I had pictures of -- SHE showed me other options." At the third salon I remarked that Sheryl had actually seemed to care about helping me find the right dress and gave me personal attention, instead of just shuttling me off to a dressing room with my friends and dashing over to the next customer. In the end of course, it came down to the dress. And the dress I fell in love with was one from RK Bridal. It was really, really beautiful, just what I'd had in mind but hadn't been able to fully describe, and it cost less than $2,000. It didn't look any less expensive than any of the more costly dresses I'd tried on at other stores. On my wedding day I received tons of compliments on the dress, and my groom said I looked like a fairy tale princess or old-fashioned movie star (I love old movies, so this was a look I was aiming for). He couldn't stop staring at me, and on our wedding video you can hear him saying several times that I just look so beautiful. That's the only endorsement I really needed to know I'd made the right choice. I felt like a million bucks without having to spend nearly that amount! ;-) So, RK Bridal worked for me. The dresses I tried on were great quality, reasonably priced, and the service was the best I received anywhere I went. My experience with alterations was also stellar. The ladies in tailoring were incredibly nice, very exacting, and made sure that the dress fit as if it had been made just for me. They gave me a dream experience, a dream of a price, and definitely a dream dress.

I HAD THE BEST CONSULTANT EVER!!!

Reviewed on 8/18/2014 Solkristina M

My wedding is on August 1 2015 and I am having a destination wedding in the Dominican Republic.. I just recently purchased my wedding dress from Rk Bridal. Let me start off by saying I am not a girly girl, I hate shopping and looking through racks. So when i got to Rk i was... Read More overwhelmed because they have alot of dresses and its hard to look through the plastic because alot of them don't have pictures. So I highly recommend have some sort of idea on what you want to tell your consultant because they know the store more than you do. As I waited my turn I was observing everything (mind you it was a Saturday and packed) everyone looked cranky. Then I saw Lisa and she looked very friendly, happy, and welcoming. Even my sister-in-law noticed and told me I hope you get her ( I was thinking the same thing) lol. As I waited Lisa went to the list and called my name and I have to tell you she is amazing. She was friendly, attentive, and the biggest part was she listened to what I wanted and took it a step further. She asked details about my wedding to make sure that I was going to be comfortable in every way. She even gave me the opportunity to try different types of dresses to see what works with me and what doesn't so that I didn't have any doubt with choosing my dress. So I haven't finished the whole process with Rk yet, but so far so good. I even went to other stores just because i couldn't believe that I found my dress that fast in the first store that i went to and no consultant I met was like Lisa. She made my experience that much better, like I was shopping with a girlfriend. So i highly recommend when you see go to Rk bridal ask for Lisa she understands that this is the most important dress that you will purchase in your life, and she makes you feel important.

Divine Appointment

Reviewed on 7/20/2014 Cherelyn S

My experience at RK Bridal was truly a divine appointment. My wedding is in November 2014. The service was impeccable and my bridal consultant, Sheryl, was OUTSTANDING. My mom passed away last year and while I am excited about being married, I was not looking forward to the... Read More process of getting married, because my mother is no longer here to help with all of the details... I truly believe my mother's spirit guided me to Sheryl because we clicked immediately... I came in with one dress in mind, which the store didn't have. However, Sheryl paid attention to the style of the dress and my likes/dislikes and she assured me that she would find "my dress". She did not disappoint!! Not only did she find my dress, but she found my veil and the perfect belt for my dress. She was very sensitive to my situation but remained extremely professional. Sheryl truly made my experience a memorable one. She was honest. Her focus wasn't on finding or selling me any dress but rather on finding the perfect dress for me and she did!! And she was mindful of my budget!!! The dress, veil and belt (combined) cost less than the original dress I came in hoping to find.. Madison was also very courteous and helpful- in ordering my dress and accessories, in addition to explaining the store policies, etc... RK Bridal was the only store I visited and I am very pleased with the level of service I received from Sheryl, Madison and all staff I encountered!!

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Tamila M

When you know you know! The first dress I saw on the internet was found at R K Bridal. Nicole was the best consultant. Sending you and the staff many Thank You's all the way from Virginia :).

Reviewed on 11/30/2016 Michele D

I just purchased my dress from RK Bridal. It was only the second place I went. I do recommend trying on dresses before coming here because it can get overwhelming with the large selection of dresses. From the minute we walked in everyone was very friendly and helpful. It was a... Read More weekend so we got there a few minutes before they opened. We still had to wait about an hour but that time was spent looking through all the dresses. Reed (I believe the owner) was great! He noticed we looked confused and not sure where to start and he quickly came over and offered his help and expertise. My consultant Lali was also AMAZING. She was very patient and knew what dresses worked best for me. She gave us her undivided attention and didn't make me feel rushed or pressured to buy a dress. I can't say enough great things about Lali, Reed, and RK Bridal. It was overall an excellent experience. I highly recommend going here!

Reviewed on 11/11/2016 Courtney S

I had a really great experience getting my bridesmaids dresses at RK. The staff was so friendly and helpful. My bridesmaids loved that they could order their dresses online and have them shipped to them. The girls loved them as did I! I was very happy with the prices of the... Read More dresses too they were very reasonable. I would almost want to convince every bride to get their bridesmaid dresses here!

Reviewed on 11/11/2016 Arbelis R

The first time I came here there was a huge line of brides and was not able to try on anything because this place is first come first serve the first time you go. I just looked around and got such a great feeling about this place and decided I needed to go back. I went back... Read More about 3 weeks later on a Thursday and the place was empty. My consultant was Sheryl! We had such a great connection from the start. She barely asked me anything I wanted but she knew right away what fit my body since Im not an average size. She brought out a few dresses and there was one I said I disliked and she made me try it on. OMG!! I loved the dress it fit perfect and it was stunning. But, we kept trying and after a few we knew exactly what I wanted. She came with the dress and right when I tried it on I knew it was the dress. I was in love and I want to thank Sheryl for the amazing consultation, I am so excited now that I finally said YES to the dress. Also the rest of the staff is awesome. I recommend this place for all brides.

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Danielle M

I loved this salon. I went to the salon on a Sunday in November 2015, they do not make appointments for your first try-on and knowing that I made sure I was at the salon an hour before opening to make sure I got my name on the list relatively early. We were the first ones there... Read More and, along with another bride who came in 5 minutes after we did, got to go into the salon half an hour before they opened as they were otherwise ready to open. This was amazing as it gave myself and my matron of honor (everyone else came later) the opportunity to go through all the racks without having to fight over anything. Hi, my consultant was amazing and knew just what would fit my body perfectly. Once I did find my dress, they tell you to call alterations to schedule your appointments. While it can take a while to get through to them, I was able to make my appointments and my dress came in a week after ordering. I've seen others complain about wait times for fittings but I never experienced any of that. I was taken into the fittings either within 5 minutes (when getting there on time) or at my appointment time (when getting there early) and my fittings were both during the week and on the weekends. The only time I had to wait was when I picked up my dress, as there is no appointment system then. Alterations are cash only and can be pricey, however, as I did not need the sides of my dress to be taken in they did cut my alteration fee down! Overall I had a great experience and would highly recommend them. Beautiful dresses, good pricing, great alterations department. You can't go wrong!

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Cinthu S

My review is of my bridal attendant, not so much the store itself. I will come back later and review the store after I've experienced everything (delivery, dress size, alterations etc) Natalie- my attendant was Natalie. When i first went to RK bridal I met with someone... Read More different and when scheduling for a second visit I was told she doesnt work there anymore and thats when I was paired up with Natalie instead. I am so glad it worked out the way it did because compared to the other person Natalie was a GEM. She spent a total of almost 6 hours with me over two days. My fist visit 10/28: she asked if I had a vision and any pictures that would help her search. She was SPOT ON with every dress she pulled. Each was beautiful in its own way and it was amazing how she was able to see my vision and find dresses that matched. What mattered to me was that she wasn't pushy and offered her advice when needed. She was patient and gave me enough time to decide on the dresses. Second visit 11/2: I decided overnight that I hated the dress I initially chose and Natalie made the time to meet with me again and start the entire process over. we went over why I diddnt like the first dress and what I would change and she ended up finding TWO dresses that I LOVED. I felt terrible for making her wait while I made the decision over the two dresses (trying them on multiple times, calling friends and family, discussing with my mom etc almost an hour just to decide) but during that entire time she smiled and waited patiently offering her advice and input here and there. I ended up choosing one that we all liked and agreed on based on my location and vision for my wedding. If I could I would have Natalie do everything! She is truly the best person to work with.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Jessie P

My wedding dress was one of my greatest causes of stress. A month after my wedding, I still can't look at pictures and think of my dress without feeling anxiety. Shopping for the dress at RK was wonderful. They had a large selection and the consultants were sweet. I found my... Read More dream dress here and was thrilled. However, I would have been much better off ordering the dress itself from a store that I trusted. I used one RK Bridal's recommended vendors for the alterations and it was a disaster. My dress was butchered and I had to get the whole thing re-altered three days before my wedding. I do not understand how RK could have sent me to someone who clearly was not able to handle beading. I thought a store like RK would have vendors that they worked with and trusted, and whose product would live up to the quality expected from such a huge bridal store. This was not the case at all. On top of that, there was wrinkle in the fabric of my dress that never came out despite being steamed multiple times . If I could do it again, I would have paid more money to purchase the dress at a boutique who would have been more invested in the process.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Erika M

I had such an amazing shopping experience here - I tried on 7 dresses total, and bought one! It could not have been easier and ended up being absolutely perfect - and about half my total budget, including the veil and hairpiece! Could not have been a better experience.

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Maggy C

After reading reviews and hearing warnings about the long lines I decided to come here on a Satruday at 8:45am, a few minutes after they open for sign up (They open the actual store at 9:30am). I thought it would be packed since it's a Saturday on Memorial day weekend so I... Read More prepared for the worst but I was first! It was nearly empty until 10am! I asked my family/friends to meet me there at 11am assuming it would take that long to be seen and I didn't want them to wait long with me. But I was supposed to be first in line. I told the manager that I don't mind being skipped because I was waiting for them and she was very nice about it. So they just called my name whenever someone was free until my family/friends came. Anyway while waiting I was able to look at dresses and they have so many! As other reviewers mentioned, do not come here first. I first went to BHLDN and researched dresses for months so I knew the style I wanted. But if you don't know, it's overwhelming. My consultant was AMAZING, her name is Sheryl. She was the most caring, energetic person I could've ever asked for to help me find a dress. I don't know if you can ask for specific consultants, but if you can, ask for her. I brought in photos of what I liked (Every bride should do this, it helps you and them), she was very happy about that because she started to understand my style and ran off to find dresses she believed would fit it and some dresses that were a little different but she felt would match me. They definitely have a wide price range and respect your budget, it's a perfect experience if it's not your first stop, maybe it depends on the consultant but mine was perfect, and if you don't expect champagne (Just buy those little champagne cans to celebrate after) we just went to a bar, no big deal :)

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Stephanie E

I had a wonderful experience at RK bridal. From the moment I walked in everyone was so polite and professional. My consultant was Natalie and she was AWESOME. She helped me find my beautiful dress!! Thank you RK bridal for making this experience fun and stress free!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Gabrielle D

I had the most wonderful experience. No you cannot make an appointment but I was blessed with the most amazing person to help me find my dress. Her name was Nadine! She was helpful. She wanted to make me feel like a princess. She went with what exactly everything I wanted. I... Read More actually left with the dress and now I have my wedding dress, veil and tiara. I am So excited that I was given this place as an option

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Christine M

I had a great experience at RK. My consultant, Phyllis, helped me find the perfect dress after patiently pulling styles that fit my original idea, then steered me toward those that were much more flattering. I appreciated her patience and expertise. The process was truly... Read More painless and I'm so happy with my dress! I'll be having it altered elsewhere, but can't recommend RK and Phyllis enough.

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Parisa R

Took 2 trips to RK Bridal before officially finding "the one"! Luckily, I had the incredible help of Cheryl, one of the very talented associates who works there. She was EXACTLY who I needed by my side. She is up-front with you and honest about how you look, she is quick and... Read More efficient, she knows how to pair the proper veil and belt with the dress, if applicable, and made incredible suggestions. I simply showed her ONE photo of a dress I tried on and loved, and she pulled 4 dresses that were almost identical. I was so in love with one of the dresses that I took it home that day! She is very talented and I highly recommend requesting her when going to RK!!

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Lauren S

I am a very picky bride, so it was nice not to have the pressure of a "stylist" to direct me to dresses that were not my style or in my budget. RK Bridal lets you pick 5 dresses, and one of the dresses happened to be the one. All was fine and dandy until money came into play. I... Read More had known from watching many bridal shows that it's always wise to size up. When I found out I was in between sizes, they ensured me that I should size down because I was "tiny." I trusted them because they were "experts," but I probably should have listened to my gut instinct. I'm not sure why they gave me this advice, but I'm willing to believe it was to get me to pay and trust their alterations department to do the work. When I went in to try the dress on for the first time, it was pulling in my most self conscious areas (my hips and thighs), and the alterations department treated my concerns like it was nothing. Instead they were pretty much objectifying my body, and again reassuring me that it was the right size. I left uncomfortable. After that experience, I knew I needed to cancel all of my alterations appointments. I found a different tailor closer to my place, and she awful experience into an amazing one. I credit RK Bridal for having my dream dress in stock, but they contributed nothing to the final result. I wish I knew ahead of time to not buy my dress here, but I'm so relived that I knew better than to not work with their alternations department. No Frills (bridesmaid) was a service I wish I didn't go with. Absolutely agonizing if you have bridesmaids that wait until the last minute. If you're a bride that absolutely cares if they all come from the same dye lot, fine, but I probably wouldn't have noticed if one dress was slightly more blue than the other.

Reviewed on 9/29/2016 Lauren A

Just bought my wedding dress today! I highly suggest going during the week and get there early and ask for Olga!! I had an amazing experience and was treated like the bride I dream to be! P.s helpful hint check there website at the designers they sell, call ahead and see if... Read More they have the dresses you like!

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Audry H

I came to RK Bridal by myself on a random Monday morning. I didn't realize it at the time, but it was definitely a great day to be there -there were no other clients there at the time and I had my consultants full attention plus the opinions/advice from a few others. I... Read More realized how lucky I was when I came back to try my dress on after it arrived from being ordered and the place was crazy! There were people everywhere and it was definitely a busy place to be. My consultant was great and very helpful! I had tried dresses on at a few other places with my mom and friends and with everyone's opinions, I found myself not able to listen to my own very well. I came to RK Bridal on a day I needed a pick-me-up and left with a wedding dress! RK has a huge selection of dresses (bridesmaid and MOB dresses too) and doesn't take appointments. It's a first come, first serve and you have the freedom to look through the racks and choose your own dresses to try on, something a lot of salons (at least where I looked in NY) don't allow you to do. They have dresses at all price points and a range of designers. Definitely a place worth your time!

Reviewed on 9/24/2016 Alexis I

I had a fantastic experience at RK Bridal. My bridal consultant, Olga, was attentive, kind, fun, and made the overall experience a blast. The first dress I tried on ended up being the dress I ultimately chose and I couldn't be happier with my selection or overall time at RK... Read More Bridal. I highly recommend!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Jessica

This place has a great selection that may be overwhelming for some people. I did my research online before I visited RK Bridal. Since you do not have to make an appointment you may have to wait long like I did to be seen BUT it was so worth it! I gathered my top four dresses and... Read More all my guests joined me in trying on my dresses. Amazingly I found my dress that same day! The process was seamless and everyone was polite and helpful. Fanny the seamstress was a delight. She explained what she noticed the dress needed and provided directions on how to best get in and out of my dress. I have been recommending RK Bridal to others and will continue to do because my dress was the most complimented part of my wedding. Also RK Bridal has the option to preserve your dress as well which I believe is a great idea. One less thing to do after the wedding. Your gown is shipped directly to you. Thank you RK Bridal!

Reviewed on 8/05/2016 Elwira C

I went to RK as my first salon and had Olga as my consultant. We were seen right away and Olga took her time to learn what I was into and what I didn't like. She not only allowed me to pick all the dresses I wanted but encouraged me to try some of her choices as well as styles... Read More that I wanted to try on for fun. The entire time she was very helpful and knew which one was THE one before I did. She knew exactly what I need for my body type and stayed within my budget. I couldn't have asked for a better experience and of course I purchased the dress of my dreams and didn't break the bank. I would recommend RK to anyone trying to look for a dress that is budget friendly and most importantly if you like options.

Reviewed on 8/03/2016 Karina J

Such a great experience, thank you!

Reviewed on 8/02/2016

I'm from California, but was visiting New York with my mom. I had read a few of RK Bridal's reviews, and we decided to pop in on a Saturday morning just to check out their selection. It was my first time trying on dresses, and it was a fantastic experience. They have a wonderful... Read More selection at a wide range of price points, and there were happy brides of different shapes and sizes all across the salon. I was able to find a beautiful lace dress at a reasonable price, and my consultant, Janice, was very sweet and extremely helpful. She helped track down some dresses with straps and cap sleeves that I love. The store manager was extremely kind, welcoming, and friendly, and all the staff we interacted with were approachable and helpful. This is one-stop shopping-- my mom even found her mother of the bride dress. If either of my sisters are in the New York area when they're engaged, I will highly recommend that they visit RK Bridal!

Reviewed on 7/30/2016 Allison B

Leah was INCREDIBLE! She was without a shadow of a doubt the most fantastic consultant. She took the time to really listen to what I wanted. She knew aspects of a dress that I didn't even know that I wanted, and ended up falling in love with. She was my advocate, my confidant... Read More and made the experience truly special. The selection is amazing, the customer service is out of this world, and I could not praise them anymore!

Start a Conversation!