Roche Harbor Resort

Friday Harbor, WA

Roche Harbor Weddings - a destination within reach

Making moments into memories is easy at the quintessentially Northwest venue Roche Harbor Resort. A destination of unparalleled charm, this 120 year old property is perched on the edge of a sparkling blue marina on the spectacular San Juan Islands, just a couple hours from downtown Seattle. Accommodations range from quaint to opulent for parties both large and small and first class amenities couples with extraordinary service leaves nothing to be desired. You're bound to fall in love with this little piece of paradise and will be back to celebrate year after year!!!!

Waterfront, Garden, Historic Venue, Hotel, Park, Church, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff, Shuttle Service, Transportation

0c8d5aab 564e 4969 83d1 f2c9134807e2~rs 100
A2f84579 05f6 4400 aa0c 4597c7a89d92~rs 100
9f08a459 f4b9 433a 96a4 cf8bc9e1b3dd~rs 100
Fe7719fa d8df 43f7 b18c 942ee8fef3e2~rs 100
D692bc15 0755 426d 96a9 fb6ea89c4786~rs 100
Dec9f43f 97e4 40b7 87a9 9d17ceef4785~rs 100

248 Reuben Memorial Drive, Friday Harbor, WA (360) 370-7742

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Katie C

I absolutely cannot say enough great things about Roche Harbor, Allie McMillan, Jereny Nash, and the entire Roche Harbor team. The first time my husband and I visited RH was the weekend we booked it for our wedding venue - we immediately fell in love with the charm of the... Read More resort, the ability to come back year after year for anniversaries, and the beauty of San Juan Island. However, it was the friendliness of the staff that kept us coming back for more "planning visits" than we expected. The resort is beautiful, there is no denying that, but the people are truly what make that place spectacular. Allie was our coordinator - her and her team were constantly on top of everything, all details, timelines, planning, etc. I never felt like there was something missing, and honestly didn't experience much of the stress most brides talk about. She was extremely flexible and willing to work with us if we wanted to change something last minute, or were indecisive about small details. She is every bride's dream. Jereny was our travel coordinator. Both families and most friends were traveling from all over the country to attend our wedding - a travel coordinator was incredibly helpful. Most of our family members had never taken a ferry before, so the idea of flying into Seattle, getting to Anacortes, and taking a ferry to the islands was very intimidating. Jereny helped ease all of their stress, present them with the best travel options to get here, and then give them suggestions on what to do once they were here. If Allie is a bride's dream, Jereny is every bride's family's dream. The day-of team also deserves a big recognition. Tyla, Laura, and Landon worked their magic to make sure everything we put together with Allie ran seamlessly on the day of. They had everything set perfectly so my husband and I didn't even have to give it a second thought. They made sure our ceremony was on time, everyone was where they needed to be, and people outside of the wedding looking in were quiet and respectful. Through the night, everything ran like clockwork - dinner, dancing, the Colors ceremony - we were in such good hands from beginning to end. My overall experience here was just incredible. I couldn't have dreamed of a better, easier, more beautiful, stress free wedding, and it was all possible because of this venue. The vendors we chose had all worked with each other and RH before, so it felt so turnkey for us. They have such a high level of professionalism that showed in everything they did. From the weekend we booked, to the week of our wedding, they always made us feel like family there. When we checked in for wedding week, everyone at the resort made it a point to stop by and say hi and congratulations to us. They made our wedding completely unforgettable, and I whole-heartedly believe this is an experience you couldn't get anywhere else.

Reviewed on 12/12/2017 Sara H

This was my dream venue and our wedding was more perfect than I could've imagined. Great food, prompt service, fair bar/liquor pricing. They also allow you to reserve a guest room block for free. Their recently renovated pavilion (reception space) is gorgeous. I would recommend... Read More Roche Harbor to other brides.

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Jeremy V

Allie and her team are exceptional. From the very start, they were attentive and accommodating, answering any and all of our questions without delay. The venue itself is a dream destination. We wanted to get married somewhere where our friends and family could settle in for the... Read More weekend, without the distractions of a big city. The layout of the resort feels like a small town and with the variety of rooming options availalbe, our whole party, from singles to couples to families, were able to find something to fit their needs. It's a visually stunning place, with old-school charm, delicious food and a friendly, professional staff. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017

Our son and new daughter-in-law's wedding at Roche Harbor Resort was simply magical in every detail, from an amazing setting, wonderful activities, and a perfectly orchestrated Welcome Dinner and Wedding.

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Molly W

We could not have found a more magical venue for our summer wedding! Allie, Jereny, and the rest of the team were truly top notch. They made sure that not only my husband and I were taken care of, but all of our family and friends as well. We had our rehearsal dinner at... Read More Shipwreck Beach and invited all of our guests to join us for drinks and s’mores on the beach. It was such a fun experience! On the day of our wedding, Laura made sure that every little detail was not overlooked- she even made sure that we ate (the food was seriously AMAZING) and she never let my wine glass get empty! I cannot speak highly enough of the staff and our experience at RH Resort. Thank you for making our wedding the best day ever!

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Betsy H

SO HAPPY We could not have been happier w/ our daughters wedding. She wanted to her many guests coming from all over the country a true taste of the NW. There is no place more beautiful in the NW than Roche Harbor on San Juan Island. The venue is beautiful, the staff... Read More extremely organized, responsive and easy to work with. The newly remodeled reception venue is lovely and the catering incredible. The courtyard w/ its large outdoor fireplace a perfect setting for the cocktail hour and their Rose Garden made the most wonderful spot for the Ceremony. All picture perfect - cant wait to see photos!!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Sara W

There are not enough words to express how spectacular our wedding was! We got married on October 2nd and had the most perfect fall weather. Roche Harbor is quite beautiful rain or shine but we really lucked out with the absolute perfect fall day. We originally decided to check... Read More out the venue because we wanted to take advantage of a short weekend getaway. From the moment we got on the ferry in Anacorets I instantly became relaxed as we sailed through the beautiful scenery. Roche harbor has such a unique vibe that fit perfectly with the personality of myself and my husband. Once we found the price was in our budget it was a very easy choice. Everyone we worked with was professional and friendly. Allie helped answer all my questions throughout the entire planning process. I haven't been to many weddings before and wasn't sure how a lot of things were supposed to work. I asked Allie all kinds of questions, some of which had nothing to do with Roche Harbor. She responded quickly and never made me feel like I had any stupid questions. The day of the wedding everything went flawlessly. If there were any hiccups in the day we would have never known. Our guests all had a great time and loved the venue. The food was amazing! We had so many comments about how our food was the best wedding meal anyone has ever had! It was Delicious. We had a smaller wedding of 50 guests. It was the perfect amount for us. We had our ceremony in the garden. It was spectacular. There are many very beautiful places around the hotel and they provide golf carts to drive you around the property. This was especially awesome for our pictures. We were able to get pictures in a lot of different places because of our golf cart chauffeurs, who were also very nice. I highly recommend using the spa for your bridal make up! It was so easy and stress free. They really know what they are doing. I also had the best massage of my entire life in the afterglow spa. All in all I would chose Roche Harbor again and again. We cannot wait to go back for our one year anniversary and re-live our memories. It was an unforgettable day.

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Kari T

My husband and I were married at Roche Harbor Resort in August 2017. Our wedding experience was everything we had hoped for and more! We had our rehearsal dinner the night before our wedding at Roche's Shipwreck Beach on-site, which was fantastic. Perfect, intimate setting for... Read More our group of about 30, right by the water with gorgeous sunset views. The bonfire and delicious food gave us just the casual, quality rehearsal dinner vibe we were looking for. One of our favorite things about the venue is that all of our family and friends were staying on-site in the various Roche Harbor Resort accommodations (hotels, houses, condos, etc.) Getting ready on wedding day was a blast with so many of our friends and family nearby and adding to all of the excitement! The wedding and all the events that were a part of it went off without a hitch thank you to the incredible attention and experience of the Roche Harbor team. It's clear that they have done this a million times, which made me feel amazingly comfortable, but they still take so much care in making sure that your wedding day is just as YOU had imagined it! Allie and Jereny who we were in touch with from the very start kept us on track in the planning, not sending too much information at once but making sure we weren't running behind. Their advice in planning our day was invaluable! On-site there were numerous staff who ran set-up, ceremony and event flow, catering and the bar and they were also great. Their laid-back demeanor and desire to help gave me all the confidence in the world that our wedding would be perfect and allowed me to have the most relaxing experience, which I hear is unusual! I was able to be in the moment and enjoy this special time with family and friends without worrying too much about the details or the flow of the day. I would recommend Roche Harbor Resort without hesitation--just for a stay or for your wedding! We've received so many compliments from guests about the gorgeous setting, fun overall experience, and outstanding food! We love the small-town feel of the Harbor and the beautiful views, but what makes Roche Harbor Resort unbeatable as a wedding destination are the people who partner with you to make it happen. I can't say enough good things about working with the team at Roche Harbor Resort. They are truly the best!

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Valerie B

We got married at Roche Harbor Resort in June 2017 and our wedding was straight out of a dream. Roche is a slice of heaven tucked away in a sleepy corner of the Pacific Northwest. We picked Roche Harbor because the second you step foot on the island, you feel like you have been... Read More transported to another era where time has slowed down. The resort sits on a beautiful harbor and overlooks both sunrises & sunsets. The staff is exceptional - we worked with Allie McMillan and she was pivotal in helping pull together the wedding of our dreams. Roche Harbor is the perfect venue for a couple hoping to show off a special and often unknown destination in the PNW but beware - if you pick this venue, you are going to have a hard time leaving because there is a good chance you will fall in love with the people and charm and not want to leave after you've said "I DO"!

2017-10-15T13:24:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your sweet words Val. You two were such an amazing couple to plan with and your families were equally exceptional. We are so excited that we get to see you year after year at many anniversaries to come and happy... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Kris E

RHR was fantastic at making our day very special. The quality of the facilities, food, service, etc. were all top notch.

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Devon C

Roche Harbor is a dream venue! We could not be happier with our experience at Roche, and you cannot beat the beautiful harbor views, manicured gardens and comfortable accommodations. The staff were extremely accommodating and organized, helping our planning process, rehearsal... Read More dinner and wedding day to go perfectly smoothly. Allie was very easy to work with and coordinated very well with our vendor team. We were also very happy and surprised to find that the estimated budgets that Allie prepared for us were extremely close to our final amount we actually spent! Such a relief! After our wedding we had nothing but positive feedback from our guests - the food was fantastic, the staff went above and beyond, the venue was gorgeous, and the condos/houses/hotel were all very comfortable. Overall, we highly recommend Roche Harbor and can't wait to visit again in the future!

Reviewed on 3/08/2017 Sarah H

The staff, venue and experience exceeded all our expectations for our wedding weekend. We had the best time and I would highly recommend Roche Harbor Resort for your big day!

Reviewed on 12/16/2016 Sarah L

The location, amenities, the staff...basically everything and everyone made our wedding even better. Thank you Roche Harbor Resort!

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Katie B

I can't speak more highly about Allie and the team at Roche Harbor. Not only is it a beautiful place for a Pacific Northwest wedding, but every single person on the staff went out of their way to make our wedding planning process easy, and take care of all of the little details... Read More that made our day perfect. So many of the decisions (hotel rooms, day-of schedule, activities for guests to do during the day, food, beverages, decorations - you name it) are a piece of cake - many of the staff have seen 100s of weddings at Roche Harbor and they make it so easy to plan. Having said that, on the weekend of our wedding, we were priority number 1 to the staff. The venue was lovely and elegant, the food was delicious and all of the little details (including a golf cart to drive me - the Bride - to the ceremony so I could stay hidden) were taken care of. If I could throw myself another wedding I would do it all over again at Roche.

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Jean J

Great staff, very attentive and friendly. Our wedding was everything we expected and more. Roche is magical!

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Ashlee P

There aren't enough words to describe the experience of a Roche Harbor Resort wedding! We had an incredible experience planning our special day with the knowledgeable and experienced staff. From the site tour to the actual day, we were in awe of the level of detail and care. As... Read More the bride, it was such a relief to have a wonderful team to help plan a weekend full of festivities. Alyssa, Allie, Jereny, Jennifer, and all of the RH team made every effort to make our experience special. But what makes us truly thrilled we had a Roche Harbor wedding is that even six months later our guests continue to rave about the beauty of the resort and event locations, the cleanliness and comfort of the various accommodations (we've been asked where they can buy the mattresses), the abundance of amenities and activities on-site, the kind and helpful staff, the FOOD (phenomenal), the talented vendors that work with RH (some even give discounts to RH couples!) and the overall experience from the Welcome BBQ at Shipwreck beach to the last minute change from a Garden wedding to a Chapel wedding...which was better than we ever could've imagined! Our guests fell in love with Roche Harbor just like we did and just like we had hoped they would! It was a weekend many people will remember forever, it was an experience.

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Lisa S

Roche Harbor was always my 'dream wedding location' ever since I was little. I knew it was a special and beautiful place, but it was the people and the service that really blew me away. From a planning perspective, it could not have been easier. The coordinators (one for the... Read More wedding day and one for accommodations) were wonderful to work with - very professional, timely, and hands on. The event coordinator was extremely knowledgeable in the venue, the planning process, and the random questions I would come up with. Roche also provided a list of preferred vendors, which we didn't have to use, but we did, as they were local and came with great recommendations from Roche. Each vendor was very familiar with Roche, which made the whole day flow seamlessly. Roche is one of the best places on Earth and we couldn't wait to share that with all of our friends and family. I was so happy to hear that they all had wonderful experiences as well. The staff was so helpful and friendly to EVERYONE - not just the wedding party. It made the whole experience even better to know that our guests were having such a great time as well. It was stress-free, problem-free and the best weekend of our lives. If I could give them 5 more stars, I would!

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Haley B

Roche Harbor is an incredible wedding venue. If you're looking for a Northwest waterfront destination wedding, this is your spot. My husband is a Seattle native and I hail from Rhode Island so it was important to us when selecting a venue that guests could end their travels in... Read More one place and walk everywhere for the remainder of the weekend. (Be prepared for lots of family travel questions but everyone agreed the haul was well worth it!) Our wedding was the first time the two families met so it was also important that we have activities to do together and several places to gather as a group. We held a Welcome BBQ at one the cottages on our first night, enjoyed a whale watch tour the following morning and hosted everyone for a Shipwreck Beach dinner after our rehearsal. And then there's the wedding day! I gotta say, our floral bill was pretty minimal because the natural beauty of the Roche Harbor grounds speaks for itself. There's no shortage of amazing photo opportunities around the resort. (Not to mention the rest of the island!) The Roche Harbor team was attentive, flexible and a pleasure to work with. We had a wonderful experience from start to finish. And when you're through, you have a fantastic built-in anniversary getaway to look forward to for years to come!

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Brent N

We had beautiful and successful wedding at Roche Harbor! The staff made our big day as easy as possible that seemed virtually hassle-free. It was a pleasure working with everyone and we're so glad that we choose this spot for one of the most important days of our lives. We were... Read More very, very happy with the outcome, and our guests had glowing things to stay about the accommodations, food, scenery, and friendly service.

Reviewed on 8/02/2016 Leah

TLDR version: From start to finish, our experience at Roche Harbor Resort was world-class. Every step of the way, the team went above and beyond to make everything we envisioned or requested a reality. Roche Harbor isn’t a budget venue but neither is the service, attention or... Read More experience. We couldn’t have had a more positive experience with the venue, staff, food or service. If we were planning our wedding all over again, I’d book RH in an instant. The long version: From the beginning, my fiancé and I dreamed about a destination wedding. We imagined escaping reality with our family and friends and making life-long memories over days of fun and celebrating. Only after visiting Roche Harbor did we find our perfect destination only hours away from our Seattle home. Roche Harbor was the second venue we visited and the only venue we really considered. While just a few hours away, the island location gave it the exact destination feel we wanted. The minute we stepped onto the property, the customer service was top notch. More amazing was it didn’t feel like customer service. It felt like old friends who wanted to make our experience at the resort the best it could possibly be. Even more important to me, our guests felt the exact same way. Leading up to and on our wedding day, we had high expectations and Roche and its staff exceeded every single one. Our wedding was exactly what we dreamed - a vacation with all our favorite people. Even better, I was thanked multiple times for sharing such a special place with our friends and family. Thank you so much to the wonderful staff for such a perfect, stress-free, memorable experience. You are true professionals and wonderful people. We can’t wait to come back!

Reviewed on 6/12/2016

THE BEST VENUE EVER! So easy to work with--they responded to all my emails quickly! The staff was so helpful during the weekend of the wedding before and after the wedding. I am so happy I chose to have to the wedding at Roche!

Reviewed on 5/03/2016 Sharie P

Absolutely spectacular. From the first time we came to Roche to the day of the wedding it has been a great experience. Everyone hat helped us along the way we appreciate so much. Especially because we were planning from the Bay Area. Allie was great at handling all my stressed... Read More out bride questions, jereny was absolutely wonderful in helping me with accommodations. Jenn was very helpful at the end in tying up the loose ends with food and set up. Cheryl kept my crazy group in check during the rehearsal and reception so we all felt confident walking down the aisle. And Laura saved my husband from having an allergic reaction to the food at the cocktail hour and made sure that all the food coming his way was pine nut free. The resort itself was beautiful, the accommodations were spot on, and the rest of the staff (front desk, hospitality, set up/take down crew, and wait staff) was amazing!!! Thank you thank you thank you Roche harbor!!!

Reviewed on 4/17/2016 Tami W

From the moment that we found Roche Harbor we fell in love. We stayed in a house while we were dating and it was incredible. Naturally when my husband asked me to marry him, we both thought about Roche Harbor s the place to say I do. If you contact the resort and tell them you... Read More are considering them for your wedding, they will give you a complementary nights stay. It's impossible to turn that offer down. When we booked our wedding, we were immediately put at ease that Allie would be handling our ceremony and reception reservation. The communication was fantastic. The whole team goes above and beyond to make sure that everything you envision for your big day happens. We had the whole team working overtime to shuttle around our kids, and our guests and they did so with a smile and a great attitude. With some last minute changes to the rehearsal and the final meeting there as a bit of stress, but the team handled it and made me feel like I was respected and appreciated. Cheryl is amazing. She handled all the day of things. She walked us through the rehearsal, she helped us set up the ceremony and where everyone would be standing and she took everything that we threw at her with stride. I was immediately at ease knowing that the most important day of our life was in her hands. There is not a thing I would change involving the reception and the ceremony. Even the smallest detail was taken care of flawlessly. This was an affordable and breathtaking venue, you will not regret your choice to let Roche Harbor host your big day.

Reviewed on 4/02/2016 Hannah B

Roche Harbor Resort was the most perfect place to get married!!! Their staff was incredibly helpful and had everything organized to a "T". The day went off without a hitch, the venue took care of every detail, and we couldn't have been happier with how everything turned out. We... Read More loved having all of our friends and family staying on site, it was incredible to have everyone around to celebrate all weekend long. The food and drinks were delicious, I would definitely recommend the macaroni and cheese bar :) They had excellent recommendations for the other vendors which helped ensure everything was perfect.

Our Beautiful Roche Wedding!

Reviewed on 12/14/2015 Rebekah B

We snagged one of the last available Saturdays for 2015, and had a gorgeous and very memorable, mini-destination wedding out at Roche Harbor! From day one when I reached out about the availability with the venue, I had every question answered. We were even invited out for a... Read More complimentary stay to further explore hosting our big day there -- And that pretty much sealed the deal! Once we booked, we were walked through every step of the planning process with Allie, the Events Manager. I emailed her so much, and always received prompt replies and wedding planning advice that I was definitely looking for. Alyssa and Jereny were there for us and our guests when it came to getting all the lodging squared away. They even delivered personalized welcome bags to each room just before our guests checked in. The day before the wedding, we had Jessica, the Event Coordinator run through everything with us in a meeting, our schedule of events was finalized and the staff made it all happen from there. I am making my review mostly about just that-- the staff!! They were absolutely wonderful to work with. Any little thing we needed or asked for, done! Slava, the gentleman setting up our reception space had tables and linens in place before we expected, so we were setting up early. So helpful! And whatever we needed in that process, he had it for us, whether it was an extra table for the florist to work at, Windex and a towel to polish our vases, or access to the sound system so that we had music while settling up. The front desk arranged vans and golf carts to get our wedding party and family to our pictures location. Once my groom and I arrived at the reception, Jenn, the Banquet Manager quickly introduced herself, and let us know she was there to make sure the entire dinner hour and celebration went smoothly. She was there if we needed anything, but we didn't need anything, because everything was taken care of. And now that I have gone through the experience of planning and having a wedding, staff of this quality, and professionals who know how to execute a successful wedding is something you DEFINITELY want to have helping you. I could go on, but I will just leave it at that! And the location, well it just couldn't be a better place to have our wedding day memories at, along with many anniversary celebrations that I look forward to. Roche Harbor, and the San Juans is hands down, one of the most beautiful areas. We received compliment after compliment about our wedding, and the Roche Harbor experience. So glad we snagged that Saturday at Roche Harbor when we did!