Roche Harbor Resort

Friday Harbor, WA

Roche Harbor Weddings - a destination within reach

Acclaimed waterfront ceremony and reception venue on San Juan Island, Washington. You'll have our full attention on your Big Day, because yours will be the only wedding we'll host that day. Find out why we we're Seattle Bride Magazine's Best of 2012-2015 award winner for NW Destination Venue.

Guest Capacity

Waterfront, Historic Venue, Hotel, Park, Tented

Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning

248 Reuben Memorial Drive, Friday Harbor, WA

Reviewed on 9/30/2014 Kristi K

Roche Harbor has been the perfect getaway for my family since my mom was a little girl. I have dreamed of getting married there since I knew what marriage was. My husband's family spent summers in Roche Harbor in the early 2000s. When we were 14-20 years old, our families would... Read More plan summer vacations to Roche Harbor together. Every bit of my dream came true when I said "I do" in the Sunken Garden in front of Hotel de Haro. The entire staff constantly had a smile on their face, they anticipated every need of myself and my guests and I'm still receiving rave reviews of the food to this day. Everything from the welcome BBQ at Shipwreck Beach to the wedding the following day was perfection. The staff really makes you feel special and is genuinely there for you. I can't even begin to thank Allie, the events manager. She is so laid back, yet incredibly professional. She offers all the right recommendations, while never forgetting that YOU are the bride. She is there every step of the way to make sure your visions are executed efficiently and flawlessly. My experience would have never been the same without her. An incredible venue coordinator and now a wonderful friend. I will cherish that day forever and look forward to creating more memories in Roche Harbor. Thank you all!

A special place to get married!

Reviewed on 9/28/2014

Our wedding at Roche Harbor was everything we had expected! We had friends and family coming in from all over the US and Canada, so it was as important to find a location that provided a little getaway for everyone traveling from afar as it was for us to find a perfect venue for... Read More our special day. From the moment we stepped on to San Juan Island 7 months prior to our wedding, we knew we would get married here. The resort reflects our connection to both USA and Canada, plus our love of the ocean and sense of history, our appreciation for good food and our preference for a casual but elegant atmosphere. The team at Roche Harbor was exceptional from the beginning and made the entire process easy! Given we were planning this wedding from out of state (CO) and everything was being arranged from afar their attention to detail was critical. Allie and her team knew exactly when to prompt us for more details and worked collaboratively with us right up until the day. We really can't say enough about their entire team and would gladly recommend this as a location for a wedding celebration. Nearly a year later we still have guests that talk about how amazing the food was at our wedding! Last month we spent our 1st anniversary at the resort; it felt a little like homecoming - especially when we ran in to Allie on the patio at Madrona and she welcomed us back! Roche Harbor will always be a special place and although an annual visit may not be in the cards, we know every few years we'll make a trip back.

Reviewed on 6/20/2014 Jessica P

To be up front; I loved Roche Harbor from the moment I laid eyes on it. I tried looking at other venues, but none of them compared to my dream venue. I loved the character, location and venue services that is offered at Roche Harbor. This is a place where you don't feel like... Read More part of the machine - you're not 1 of 6 weddings taking place that day- and you get the whole venue to yourself. The cost for food and drink was reasonable compared to other venues, as was the site fee- but there is an addition % fee applied to the whole bill, which adds up. It all was totally worth it. The food was phenomenal. The staff and customer attention was fabulous. They've been making great upgrades to the grounds (not that they were even really needed) that improved the value even more. And, the weather was gorgeous for us! Almost every guest of ours has said that this was the best wedding they had ever attended, and these are people who don't hand out compliments willy-nilly!! We were very pleased with everything, and really couldn't have had a more wonderful experience.

Roche harbor

Reviewed on 11/24/2015 Robyn L

Everyone said it was the best wedding they've ever been to and especially raved about the food! We probably ordered one of everything, but literally had no complaints!

Best best best

Reviewed on 11/18/2015 Katie L

Hands down, Roche Harbor is the best place to get Married in PNW. The island makes it feel like a destination wedding as you must take a ferry or plane ticket get there. There is no place in the world like Roche. The people, the beauty, the food are all wonderful and so... Read More charming. Roche Harbor's event staff and amazing. Alyssa and Allie are all-stars. Couldn't work with a better team. Trust me, I am not biased. If you see Roche Harbor, you will choose Roche Harbor. Pricey, but it's worth every penny.

Roche Harbor Wedding - Everything We Wanted

Reviewed on 11/17/2015 Patty T

We wanted a venue that made the planning process easy on us, and acted as a getaway for our guests. We got it all with Roche Harbor. Their staff is professional and helpful - they really do know weddings. It's a gorgeous destination and the ideal backdrop for a wedding. We... Read More couldn't be happier with the outcome.

Magical Setting

Reviewed on 11/17/2015 christine m

Roche Harbor resort is a magical location for a destination wedding. There is something there for everyone and still small enough to feel like a private event. Our wedding was 75 people in July. We were married in the garden and it couldn't be more beautiful. I used all... Read More local vendors where I could to support local business and make it easier since its a ferry ride away. All staff members were very helpful in making the whole weekend enjoyable. I rented linens and table center piece decorations. The only thing I wish was that they provided the clean up of these items for us. No one wants to have to stay at the end of a very long day to clean up our stuff- everyone was exhausted. They could have very easily put these things in a corner of the room for us to get the next morning. When you spend close to $60,000 for a wedding you would like them to do that for you. We created a custom menu from the buffet menu. It was amazing!!!! Everyone commented on the food and how good it was. Highly recommend the Risotto- it was the hit of the night. We also did a welcome dinner the night before down at Shipwreck beach. Again- great food and fun environment. Unfortunately for us it was raining really hard and cold but because there was a burn ban in effect we couldn't use the fire pits. They did everything they could by bringing in Heat lamps. People left earlier than they would have had the weather been better. Most of our guests stayed in the resort but they limit the number of rooms you can book based on the size of your guest list so we had guests who had to stay off site which was very disappointing. The hardest part of having a wedding here is the Ferry System- you have to be very diligent with your guests to get their reservations. There are several opportunities for them to do so but I can't stress enough to make them aware of the release dates. I made several extra reservations and I am so glad I did as it helped with those less responsible. It was really the only stressful part of the whole wedding. If your budget allows this is one of the most beautiful places you could ever have your wedding. Everyone had a great time and loved the resort. It was the wedding of my dreams.

Roche Harbor Resort

Reviewed on 11/16/2015 a. s

Our wedding at Roche Harbor was truly out of a movie. Many of our guest commented that the venue was straight out of a movie set because of how beautiful it is there. Our families have even told us they want to go back and just eat wedding food they enjoyed the food so much.... Read More We look forward to going back to Roche for many important events in our life.

Time of our lives

Reviewed on 11/16/2015

My husband and I got married at Roche Harbor labor day weekend, 2015 and could not have been happier with our decision. My husband originally found this place in fall of 2014, which I immediately dismissed because I thought it looked too expensive and far away. We had just moved... Read More to Seattle from Chicago, and wanted the experience to be easy and fun for our Midwestern guests. After wasting time and money looking elsewhere (including the Midwest), we finally decided to go see it in person and meet with Allie in their event planning department. We were SO impressed, and we ended up booking their last summer Saturday available pretty much on the spot. After booking it, the staff was very buttoned up throughout the entire planning process... even my extremely organized, party-planning mother was impressed. They sent us check lists and reminded of us things we needed to do to ensure our day ran smoothly. It was great that they take care of all of the catering (so yummy!) and have wonderful partner recommendations that complimented our own research. We ended up using Integral DJs for music, Harold Belskus for spanish guitar cocktail hour, Kaleb Norman James for event coordination + decor/floral, and Mitch Mattraw for videography. Roche Harbor's staff is responsive, helpful and so professional and worked with our vendors and all of our wishes beautifully. Our family and friends felt right at home and are still talking about this quintessential Pacific Northwest experience. We can't wait to celebrate our anniversary there and reminisce over the great times for years to come! Thank you, Roche Harbor!

Roche Harbor: My Fairy Tale Wedding

Reviewed on 10/20/2015

There are two things that can make a bride thrilled in her venue decision: gorgeous scenery and incredible customer service. I was given both of these with Roche Harbor before I had even decided on having my wedding there. What more can a bride ask for?! From the beginning we... Read More were given wonderfully compensated weekends and dining credits. I was sold. A lot of places fail to realize that customer service is key when selling your venue. You want to make the bride feel like shes your only client, even though you may be tackling 5 brides for the same weekend! Allison McMillan you are a darling for making me feel so special and going above and beyond. My husband and I both agreed, we would go back every year to get married again if it was at Roche Harbor. Thank you for a perfect day!

Above and beyond at Roche Harbor

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Laura N

I had an August 2014 wedding at Roche Harbor. We had a fantastic experience here - they are such professionals at hosting weddings! Food is delicious, venue is gorgeous, and our out of town guests (from as far away as the East Coast and Indonesia) loved the island. The... Read More coordinating staff at Roche Harbor are amazing. They are very responsive to emails, reminded us of things that we needed to take care of that we didn't think to do, and when the wedding weekend arrived, were incredibly on top of planning and executing a flawless day. They took care of details that we didn't even think of - logistics of setting up the ceremony, tables for the reception, angles of chairs, and had a full staff that really cared that we got a perfect wedding. I would highly recommend Roche Harbor as a place to get married.

Laid-Back Luxury

Reviewed on 10/18/2015 Portia Y

My husband and I were married in the sunken garden at Roche Harbor in August 2014. In addition to offering the venue of our dreams, the resort provided us with the services of an amazing event team. Allie, Alyssa, Jessica, Sam, Mayra, and the rest of the resort staff gave us... Read More exemplary service from early planning all the way up to and throughout the big day. We felt important, valued, and taken care of from start to finish. Although Roche Harbor hosts weddings daily during the busy summer season, we felt like we were their only clients. The staff was professional while also making us feel like we were personal friends. We had a catering manager bring us peanut butter cups from a vending machine to make the s'mores at our rehearsal dinner extra tasty. The desk staff coordinated shuttle transportation for guests who needed extra assistance. We even had a shuttle driver offer to take us with some guests out to the cabins well after the reception festivities had wrapped up. Our family and friends still talk about how special our wedding was and how much fun they had. We never had to worry while working with the resort staff. Everything was taken care of seamlessly, and we were able to relax and fully enjoy our wedding day.

Beautiful Location, Amazing Staff

Reviewed on 10/18/2015 Carley P

I got married at Roche Harbor in August 2014. It is one of the most beautiful places I've ever visited! My husband and I needed a venue that offered accommodations as most of our guest list was traveling all the way from England. Not only does RH offer places to stay, they... Read More have an array of options so friends/family could share a condo, cottage, townhouse, etc. according to their budget. And there is so much to do on the resort, we didn't worry about having to entertain our guests every second of our wedding weekend. We got married in the Sunken Garden but there are several other options for the ceremony: the beach, the chapel, etc. Having all these options in one location is what really drew us to RH in the first place! The food was amazing - we held our rehearsal dinner at Shipwreck Beach and still to this day have people tell us the food was some of the best they've ever had (especially the ribs!!!) Another thing that made our wedding so stress free was the amazing staff at RH. We had one person totally in charge of accommodations for our guests and another person totally in charge of the wedding/reception. We felt like we had to do very little planning ourselves! We visited RH quite a few times before our actual wedding date. Each time we did, we were welcomed by all the staff who knew us by name as upcoming newlyweds - we felt like VIPs! All in all I would highly recommend Roche Harbor to anyone wanting a beautiful PNW location for their wedding. If I could go back and do it all again I wouldn't change a thing!

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Molly C

I can't possibly say enough amazing things about the venue, staff and experience we had at Roche Harbor. Living in Las Vegas, we relied heavily on the staff at Roche Harbor to communicate timelines, options and everything else that comes along with planning a wedding. From my... Read More first inquiry email to the day after the wedding, I felt like I was speaking with friends. They were informative, personable yet professional and very responsive. The venue itself is amazing - picturesque, intimate and very unique. To this day (more than 2 years later) I still get comments from friends and family that the location, venue and overall experience was so memorable and special. We were given the tools to personalize our cocktail hour and reception so it reflected who we are as a couple. We were never pressured into making "cookie cutter" decisions, and never felt like we were 'just another couple'. Allison and Alyssa are phenomenal, and I am so fortunate to have been in their very capable hands throughout the wedding process.

Food & Drinks

Reviewed on 3/23/2015

The food was AMAZING! I loved that when we visited Roche before we decided on a venue that we were treated to a dinner that had a tasting of the food and drink options. We felt everything was reasonably priced and was just so PNW! So our family and friends from out of town got a... Read More taste of the amazing food we have at our fingertips. All our guests asked us to have our wedding again in a year with the same food and drinks!

Happy Bride!

Reviewed on 2/24/2015 Jennifer T

The Roche Harbor Resort was amazing from planning to the actual wedding day. Because the venue is across the water, the resort has a list of vendors near the resort that are amazing as well. The wedding has it's own spa and make-up area for the bride and guests. My make-up for... Read More wedding day was included in my venue fee. I loved the chapel with the water view and had my dream wedding. The resort worked with us and we never felt ignored. It was an amazing, magical day. The entire resort seems unreal!!

Reviewed on 2/20/2015 Sarah R

My husband and I were set on a smaller wedding (just over 30 guests) and we really wanted our east coast friends to be able to experience some of the best nature, views and food from my home state. We were on a budget that was significantly smaller than the average for Roche... Read More Harbor and we had a mid-winter wedding, but all of the staff was amazing about working with our wants and budget. Everyone who attended the wedding stayed on site as well, and the condos and village homes were fantastic. Also, the consensus from all of the guests I talked to afterward was that it was the best food they had ever had at a wedding. One more thing - the resort grounds have so many amazing places to take wedding pictures. One of the nice extras provided by the resort was that a van and driver will take the wedding party around the trails at the resort to get pictures wherever you want. Overall, I just don't have any complaints. It was a perfect wedding weekend. I think that a few of my friends who were there are even set on getting married at Roche Harbor now too.

Best decision of our wedding!

Reviewed on 12/30/2014

Living in London, we weren’t able to visit Roche Harbor before booking our wedding this summer, but it was the best decision we could have made! The team is absolutely professional. They are a wedding factory, which is what you need because every member of staff knows exactly... Read More what they are doing! Our two biggest needs were 1. Gorgeous space 2. Fabulous food and Roche Harbor absolutely nailed in on both counts. My chef groom, Italian in-laws and foodie father was absolutely impressed. Every member of staff put in the extra effort to make our wedding fabulous, from a complimentary pre-event visit for the bride and groom, to the catering manager who brought us a little extra (ever tried a Reese's s'more?). We had our rehearsal dinner as a BBQ on Shipwreck Beach with fireside s'mores. I HIGHLY recommend this option! It was a highlight of the weekend! I was nervous about not having many options for hair/make-up but Afterglow Spa was great and we were all really happy with our looks. Make sure you budget in bringing in lots of vendors from off the island - you may need to provide them accommodation! We brought in our planner, photographers, florist and cake. It was all absolutely worth it. Roche Harbor was such an amazing venue. I really can't recommend it enough!

Roche Harbor Weddings

Reviewed on 10/07/2014 Meredith P

I absolutely loved having my wedding at Roche Harbor.

Great Service!

Reviewed on 9/28/2014 Lauren C

Roche Harbor was a wonderful place to have our wedding. The service was impeccable and Allie and her team were there whenever we needed them. On the weekend of the wedding we were given a house where the refrigerator didn't work properly. Without a hesitation they happily... Read More moved us to a different (bigger) house free of charge! That is what I call service. I would recommend Roche to all of my friends and family looking for a lovely place to get married outside of seattle.

Most Magical Memories FOREVER!

Reviewed on 9/28/2014 Molly S

Get ready for a long review. Words cannot even begin to express how we feel about our wedding that we had at Roche in Oct 2013. From the very beginning communications via email with Allie, Roche's Special Event Director, to our very last goodbye when we had to leave for our... Read More honeymoon. It was so hard to leave. Allie and the entire RH staff went above and beyond to make us feel special even before we officially booked our wedding. San Juan island has been a very near and dear place for us so it only made sense to bring our family together for this weekend celebration and that is what it was; a weekend of pure joy, parties, laughter, bocce, football, dancing, dining and enjoying everything about our marriage and family in one place. We had our rehearsal dinner at the Madrona Bar and Grill which was a perfect, casual setting for our group. The next day was our wedding day and my friend who was supposed to do our hair had an unexpected death in her family and was unable to attend. Quick panic but first world problem really. I was preparing to do my own hair but within 10 minutes the ladies from the RH Spa moved around their entire day to come and save our wedding party hair. I wasn't freaking out because I was keeping focus on what really mattered but honestly they were AMAZING and I am still grateful for their service and care. Archie married us in the garden (he's amazing), and then our party moved to the Pavillon! The food and staff were amazing. The dining manager, whose name is escaping me, delivered top service. We had a couple extra seats to add last minute to our reception tables and everyone worked so fast to accommodate. Allie had referred both our florist (Robin's Nest), pastor (Archie), lighting guy, and DJ(Doug) and we couldn't have been more pleased. It is obvious these vendors all do this as a living and work together as a team all the time so why try to reinvent the wheel when it already works so perfectly? They made our entire day so magical. It was a party to the end. Exactly what we wanted. Allie made herself available around the clock and was there every second to help and answer questions (and occupy my mother in law;). She's not only a professional but someone who I now consider a friend. We spent our 1 year anniversary back at Roche and it was just as magical. It will be our annual destination for our celebration. I could go on and on but I think you catch my drift. Our 2 year anniversary is tomorrow and we can't stop reminiscing. We feel blessed that we made the decision to get married at RH and same goes for all of our guests and family. They keep saying "that was THE BEST wedding"! -Molly K

A great destination to say I do!

Reviewed on 9/27/2014 Jenn R

Roche Harbor is conveniently located a gorgeous ferry ride away from Seattle. We loved the fact that our guests came out for more than one day and made a little vacation out of our wedding. Not only did they enjoy all of the outdoor adventures, but it allowed us time to hang out... Read More with our guests outside of the wedding events, which is a great thing when people have travelled from all over to see you. The staff at Roche were all extremely courteous and helpful leading to our wedding day going by without a hitch. We did think their food and bev prices were a bit high compared to other venues and caterers we looked at, but you are on an island after all, and in the end it didn't really matter because the food was incredible, making it totally worth it! They have you dine on them at their restaurant as a "tasting" of what your food will be like and, to be honest, we didn't find the food at the restaurant nearly as good as the food at our wedding, so that was a nice surprise. I think the only downsize to getting married at Roche is that they are now extremely popular and typically have a wedding on all Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. This is great for them, but does make you feel a little like a cog in their wedding machine--at least it's a well oiled machine with incredible views! Overall we had an amazing experience and our guests still rave about their time there. We would recommend Roche to anyone looking to get away for their wedding without having to coordinate all the details since the staff at Roche will take care of it all for you.

My Perfect Wedding

Reviewed on 8/26/2014 Jasmine Z

I just got married at Roche Harbor Resort and it was everything I could have wanted. I am still basking in my joy and happiness from the event. As no venue can be perfect (and as a recent bride), I will tell you the best things about RH and well, the things that still need... Read More work on: The highlights: -It is so beautiful here - I can't even describe how perfect the scenery is here. The garden ceremony space is insane as is the cocktail hour space. -The food was insanely good (way better than the restaurant food) - they pan-seared scallops before our eyes... -Allie was great in prepping for the wedding day and made me feel super comfortable as she was very organized. -Alyssa should be your go to person for any hiccups. I had a mess up with my lodging (as in not enough - see below) and only Alyssa solved it for me. -The village homes are ridiculously luxurious and beautiful with character (at a price though...). -For what you get (& promo package I got), this place is a great value. The cost posted here only includes my RH tab (not including attire, flowers, decorations, etc) for 91 guests. -Use the Afterglow Spa for hair/make-up - they were awesome and more affordable than bringing in somebody from Seattle. I was anxious because they were "island girls" but Mayra is from LA and knows what she is doing. I didn't feel like a cake monster - I still looked like me! And all of our hair was amazing!!! The sacrifices: -Lodging: some of your guests will be stuck in the "historic" hotel del Haro where they have to shower in a shared bathtub. ***Make sure to block rooms as much as possible away from the Hotel del Haro shared guestrooms and see this on paper that there are enough accommodations for your guests*** Initially they only had enough accommodations for 50 of my guests for a wedding of 100. Alyssa saved the day for me but I was super upset about this. This was the only hiccup though and Alyssa quickly reversed this mistake for me within 48 hours. -The panic of getting everybody here with the ferry lines. Get your guests to walk on the ferry and do a non-Saturday wedding for decreased ferry traffic. -Wedding planner: they told me I didn't need a day-of-planner because Jessica would help out but I didn't see her once on the wedding day. Thank goodness for bossy bridesmaids. I still think you can get away without a wedding planner though... All in all - I would recommend RH for anybody to get married at. I loved loved loved my wedding.

2014-09-10T12:12:01 Response from the vendor

@marziabani Thanks for the feedback on your wedding! We're glad it was all in all a great experience, hiccups and pleasant surprises. Good to know the food was an over delivery on flavors and interactivity; and sorry to underwhelm on some expectations on the big... Read Less Read More

Perfect Wednesday Wedding!

Reviewed on 7/15/2014 Melissa W

Roche Harbor is the DREAM place to get married. You and your guests will leave your wedding feeling as if they were in a magical land! :)

2014-07-20T08:12:56 Response from the vendor

@sissabeans We're so glad to hear everything was a dream for the wedding experience!

The wedding of my dreams!!

Reviewed on 5/20/2014 Stephanie S

If you want a picture-perfect venue that makes your wedding stand out from the rest, Roche Harbor will accomplish all that and more. It's a truly magical place that makes everyone feel pampered and special in ways that are hard to put into words. Everyone who works there is... Read More extremely nice and accommodating, and everyone on the events staff is beyond amazing. All our guests are still raving about how much fun they had, how great the food was, and how beautiful the scenery was. Me and my husband are sooo glad we got married in Roche Harbor. Don't let the ferry ride deter you; it's the best PNW destination wedding spot, hands down!!