Roche Harbor Resort

Friday Harbor, WA

Roche Harbor Weddings - a destination within reach

Acclaimed waterfront ceremony and reception venue on San Juan Island, Washington. You'll have our full attention on your Big Day, because yours will be the only wedding we'll host that day. Find out why we we're Seattle Bride Magazine's Best of 2012-2015 award winner for NW Destination Venue.

Guest Capacity

Waterfront, Historic Venue, Hotel, Park, Tented

Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning

248 Reuben Memorial Drive, Friday Harbor, WA

Reviewed on 5/03/2016 Sharie P

Absolutely spectacular. From the first time we came to Roche to the day of the wedding it has been a great experience. Everyone hat helped us along the way we appreciate so much. Especially because we were planning from the Bay Area. Allie was great at handling all my stressed... Read More out bride questions, jereny was absolutely wonderful in helping me with accommodations. Jenn was very helpful at the end in tying up the loose ends with food and set up. Cheryl kept my crazy group in check during the rehearsal and reception so we all felt confident walking down the aisle. And Laura saved my husband from having an allergic reaction to the food at the cocktail hour and made sure that all the food coming his way was pine nut free. The resort itself was beautiful, the accommodations were spot on, and the rest of the staff (front desk, hospitality, set up/take down crew, and wait staff) was amazing!!! Thank you thank you thank you Roche harbor!!!

A special place to get married!

Reviewed on 9/28/2014

Our wedding at Roche Harbor was everything we had expected! We had friends and family coming in from all over the US and Canada, so it was as important to find a location that provided a little getaway for everyone traveling from afar as it was for us to find a perfect venue for... Read More our special day. From the moment we stepped on to San Juan Island 7 months prior to our wedding, we knew we would get married here. The resort reflects our connection to both USA and Canada, plus our love of the ocean and sense of history, our appreciation for good food and our preference for a casual but elegant atmosphere. The team at Roche Harbor was exceptional from the beginning and made the entire process easy! Given we were planning this wedding from out of state (CO) and everything was being arranged from afar their attention to detail was critical. Allie and her team knew exactly when to prompt us for more details and worked collaboratively with us right up until the day. We really can't say enough about their entire team and would gladly recommend this as a location for a wedding celebration. Nearly a year later we still have guests that talk about how amazing the food was at our wedding! Last month we spent our 1st anniversary at the resort; it felt a little like homecoming - especially when we ran in to Allie on the patio at Madrona and she welcomed us back! Roche Harbor will always be a special place and although an annual visit may not be in the cards, we know every few years we'll make a trip back.

Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 6/20/2014 Jessica P

To be up front; I loved Roche Harbor from the moment I laid eyes on it. I tried looking at other venues, but none of them compared to my dream venue. I loved the character, location and venue services that is offered at Roche Harbor. This is a place where you don't feel like... Read More part of the machine - you're not 1 of 6 weddings taking place that day- and you get the whole venue to yourself. The cost for food and drink was reasonable compared to other venues, as was the site fee- but there is an addition % fee applied to the whole bill, which adds up. It all was totally worth it. The food was phenomenal. The staff and customer attention was fabulous. They've been making great upgrades to the grounds (not that they were even really needed) that improved the value even more. And, the weather was gorgeous for us! Almost every guest of ours has said that this was the best wedding they had ever attended, and these are people who don't hand out compliments willy-nilly!! We were very pleased with everything, and really couldn't have had a more wonderful experience.

Reviewed on 8/02/2016 Leah

TLDR version: From start to finish, our experience at Roche Harbor Resort was world-class. Every step of the way, the team went above and beyond to make everything we envisioned or requested a reality. Roche Harbor isn’t a budget venue but neither is the service, attention or... Read More experience. We couldn’t have had a more positive experience with the venue, staff, food or service. If we were planning our wedding all over again, I’d book RH in an instant. The long version: From the beginning, my fiancé and I dreamed about a destination wedding. We imagined escaping reality with our family and friends and making life-long memories over days of fun and celebrating. Only after visiting Roche Harbor did we find our perfect destination only hours away from our Seattle home. Roche Harbor was the second venue we visited and the only venue we really considered. While just a few hours away, the island location gave it the exact destination feel we wanted. The minute we stepped onto the property, the customer service was top notch. More amazing was it didn’t feel like customer service. It felt like old friends who wanted to make our experience at the resort the best it could possibly be. Even more important to me, our guests felt the exact same way. Leading up to and on our wedding day, we had high expectations and Roche and its staff exceeded every single one. Our wedding was exactly what we dreamed - a vacation with all our favorite people. Even better, I was thanked multiple times for sharing such a special place with our friends and family. Thank you so much to the wonderful staff for such a perfect, stress-free, memorable experience. You are true professionals and wonderful people. We can’t wait to come back!

Reviewed on 6/12/2016

THE BEST VENUE EVER! So easy to work with--they responded to all my emails quickly! The staff was so helpful during the weekend of the wedding before and after the wedding. I am so happy I chose to have to the wedding at Roche!

Reviewed on 4/17/2016 Tami W

From the moment that we found Roche Harbor we fell in love. We stayed in a house while we were dating and it was incredible. Naturally when my husband asked me to marry him, we both thought about Roche Harbor s the place to say I do. If you contact the resort and tell them you... Read More are considering them for your wedding, they will give you a complementary nights stay. It's impossible to turn that offer down. When we booked our wedding, we were immediately put at ease that Allie would be handling our ceremony and reception reservation. The communication was fantastic. The whole team goes above and beyond to make sure that everything you envision for your big day happens. We had the whole team working overtime to shuttle around our kids, and our guests and they did so with a smile and a great attitude. With some last minute changes to the rehearsal and the final meeting there as a bit of stress, but the team handled it and made me feel like I was respected and appreciated. Cheryl is amazing. She handled all the day of things. She walked us through the rehearsal, she helped us set up the ceremony and where everyone would be standing and she took everything that we threw at her with stride. I was immediately at ease knowing that the most important day of our life was in her hands. There is not a thing I would change involving the reception and the ceremony. Even the smallest detail was taken care of flawlessly. This was an affordable and breathtaking venue, you will not regret your choice to let Roche Harbor host your big day.

Reviewed on 4/02/2016 Hannah B

Roche Harbor Resort was the most perfect place to get married!!! Their staff was incredibly helpful and had everything organized to a "T". The day went off without a hitch, the venue took care of every detail, and we couldn't have been happier with how everything turned out. We... Read More loved having all of our friends and family staying on site, it was incredible to have everyone around to celebrate all weekend long. The food and drinks were delicious, I would definitely recommend the macaroni and cheese bar :) They had excellent recommendations for the other vendors which helped ensure everything was perfect.

Our Beautiful Roche Wedding!

Reviewed on 12/14/2015 Rebekah B

We snagged one of the last available Saturdays for 2015, and had a gorgeous and very memorable, mini-destination wedding out at Roche Harbor! From day one when I reached out about the availability with the venue, I had every question answered. We were even invited out for a... Read More complimentary stay to further explore hosting our big day there -- And that pretty much sealed the deal! Once we booked, we were walked through every step of the planning process with Allie, the Events Manager. I emailed her so much, and always received prompt replies and wedding planning advice that I was definitely looking for. Alyssa and Jereny were there for us and our guests when it came to getting all the lodging squared away. They even delivered personalized welcome bags to each room just before our guests checked in. The day before the wedding, we had Jessica, the Event Coordinator run through everything with us in a meeting, our schedule of events was finalized and the staff made it all happen from there. I am making my review mostly about just that-- the staff!! They were absolutely wonderful to work with. Any little thing we needed or asked for, done! Slava, the gentleman setting up our reception space had tables and linens in place before we expected, so we were setting up early. So helpful! And whatever we needed in that process, he had it for us, whether it was an extra table for the florist to work at, Windex and a towel to polish our vases, or access to the sound system so that we had music while settling up. The front desk arranged vans and golf carts to get our wedding party and family to our pictures location. Once my groom and I arrived at the reception, Jenn, the Banquet Manager quickly introduced herself, and let us know she was there to make sure the entire dinner hour and celebration went smoothly. She was there if we needed anything, but we didn't need anything, because everything was taken care of. And now that I have gone through the experience of planning and having a wedding, staff of this quality, and professionals who know how to execute a successful wedding is something you DEFINITELY want to have helping you. I could go on, but I will just leave it at that! And the location, well it just couldn't be a better place to have our wedding day memories at, along with many anniversary celebrations that I look forward to. Roche Harbor, and the San Juans is hands down, one of the most beautiful areas. We received compliment after compliment about our wedding, and the Roche Harbor experience. So glad we snagged that Saturday at Roche Harbor when we did!

Private Wedding w/ Roche Harbor Staff

Reviewed on 12/14/2015

My husband and i got married at his families private residence up on the San Juan Island. We used Roche Harbor Resort for catering our off site wedding and they did a fantastic job. Incredibly easy and enjoyable to work with! Everyone was very responsive, easy to communicate... Read More with and made our wedding day run seamlessly.

Roche Harbor Wedding

Reviewed on 12/02/2015

Meghan and I loved our wedding at Roche Harbor and would absolutely get married there again in a heartbeat. The venue was absolutely gorgeous, and felt like the perfect getaway location (only 2 hours north of Seattle) for our wedding weekend! The food at the wedding was... Read More absolutely phenomenal as well! We were shocked at how much more we liked the food on the wedding day, in comparison to our trial stay weekend a few months prior. Our only frustration at times was with the staff that helped with preparing for the wedding. There were a few different times that felt like we were battling with them in order to get the things that we wanted, and this was very frustrating. They had a rigid approach to rules and their ways of doing things, and it did not seem that they had a "customer first" attitude in regards to some parts of the planning process. But, in the end, everything worked out, and we would absolutely get married at Roche Harbor if we were to get married again. ~Allison

Roche harbor

Reviewed on 11/24/2015 Robyn L

Everyone said it was the best wedding they've ever been to and especially raved about the food! We probably ordered one of everything, but literally had no complaints!

Best best best

Reviewed on 11/18/2015 Katie L

Hands down, Roche Harbor is the best place to get Married in PNW. The island makes it feel like a destination wedding as you must take a ferry or plane ticket get there. There is no place in the world like Roche. The people, the beauty, the food are all wonderful and so... Read More charming. Roche Harbor's event staff and amazing. Alyssa and Allie are all-stars. Couldn't work with a better team. Trust me, I am not biased. If you see Roche Harbor, you will choose Roche Harbor. Pricey, but it's worth every penny.

Roche Harbor Wedding - Everything We Wanted

Reviewed on 11/17/2015 Patty T

We wanted a venue that made the planning process easy on us, and acted as a getaway for our guests. We got it all with Roche Harbor. Their staff is professional and helpful - they really do know weddings. It's a gorgeous destination and the ideal backdrop for a wedding. We... Read More couldn't be happier with the outcome.

Magical Setting

Reviewed on 11/17/2015 christine m

Roche Harbor resort is a magical location for a destination wedding. There is something there for everyone and still small enough to feel like a private event. Our wedding was 75 people in July. We were married in the garden and it couldn't be more beautiful. I used all... Read More local vendors where I could to support local business and make it easier since its a ferry ride away. All staff members were very helpful in making the whole weekend enjoyable. I rented linens and table center piece decorations. The only thing I wish was that they provided the clean up of these items for us. No one wants to have to stay at the end of a very long day to clean up our stuff- everyone was exhausted. They could have very easily put these things in a corner of the room for us to get the next morning. When you spend close to $60,000 for a wedding you would like them to do that for you. We created a custom menu from the buffet menu. It was amazing!!!! Everyone commented on the food and how good it was. Highly recommend the Risotto- it was the hit of the night. We also did a welcome dinner the night before down at Shipwreck beach. Again- great food and fun environment. Unfortunately for us it was raining really hard and cold but because there was a burn ban in effect we couldn't use the fire pits. They did everything they could by bringing in Heat lamps. People left earlier than they would have had the weather been better. Most of our guests stayed in the resort but they limit the number of rooms you can book based on the size of your guest list so we had guests who had to stay off site which was very disappointing. The hardest part of having a wedding here is the Ferry System- you have to be very diligent with your guests to get their reservations. There are several opportunities for them to do so but I can't stress enough to make them aware of the release dates. I made several extra reservations and I am so glad I did as it helped with those less responsible. It was really the only stressful part of the whole wedding. If your budget allows this is one of the most beautiful places you could ever have your wedding. Everyone had a great time and loved the resort. It was the wedding of my dreams.

Roche Harbor Resort

Reviewed on 11/16/2015 a. s

Our wedding at Roche Harbor was truly out of a movie. Many of our guest commented that the venue was straight out of a movie set because of how beautiful it is there. Our families have even told us they want to go back and just eat wedding food they enjoyed the food so much.... Read More We look forward to going back to Roche for many important events in our life.

Time of our lives

Reviewed on 11/16/2015

My husband and I got married at Roche Harbor labor day weekend, 2015 and could not have been happier with our decision. My husband originally found this place in fall of 2014, which I immediately dismissed because I thought it looked too expensive and far away. We had just moved... Read More to Seattle from Chicago, and wanted the experience to be easy and fun for our Midwestern guests. After wasting time and money looking elsewhere (including the Midwest), we finally decided to go see it in person and meet with Allie in their event planning department. We were SO impressed, and we ended up booking their last summer Saturday available pretty much on the spot. After booking it, the staff was very buttoned up throughout the entire planning process... even my extremely organized, party-planning mother was impressed. They sent us check lists and reminded of us things we needed to do to ensure our day ran smoothly. It was great that they take care of all of the catering (so yummy!) and have wonderful partner recommendations that complimented our own research. We ended up using Integral DJs for music, Harold Belskus for spanish guitar cocktail hour, Kaleb Norman James for event coordination + decor/floral, and Mitch Mattraw for videography. Roche Harbor's staff is responsive, helpful and so professional and worked with our vendors and all of our wishes beautifully. Our family and friends felt right at home and are still talking about this quintessential Pacific Northwest experience. We can't wait to celebrate our anniversary there and reminisce over the great times for years to come! Thank you, Roche Harbor!

Roche Harbor: My Fairy Tale Wedding

Reviewed on 10/20/2015

There are two things that can make a bride thrilled in her venue decision: gorgeous scenery and incredible customer service. I was given both of these with Roche Harbor before I had even decided on having my wedding there. What more can a bride ask for?! From the beginning we... Read More were given wonderfully compensated weekends and dining credits. I was sold. A lot of places fail to realize that customer service is key when selling your venue. You want to make the bride feel like shes your only client, even though you may be tackling 5 brides for the same weekend! Allison McMillan you are a darling for making me feel so special and going above and beyond. My husband and I both agreed, we would go back every year to get married again if it was at Roche Harbor. Thank you for a perfect day!

Above and beyond at Roche Harbor

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Laura N

I had an August 2014 wedding at Roche Harbor. We had a fantastic experience here - they are such professionals at hosting weddings! Food is delicious, venue is gorgeous, and our out of town guests (from as far away as the East Coast and Indonesia) loved the island. The... Read More coordinating staff at Roche Harbor are amazing. They are very responsive to emails, reminded us of things that we needed to take care of that we didn't think to do, and when the wedding weekend arrived, were incredibly on top of planning and executing a flawless day. They took care of details that we didn't even think of - logistics of setting up the ceremony, tables for the reception, angles of chairs, and had a full staff that really cared that we got a perfect wedding. I would highly recommend Roche Harbor as a place to get married.

Laid-Back Luxury

Reviewed on 10/18/2015 Portia Y

My husband and I were married in the sunken garden at Roche Harbor in August 2014. In addition to offering the venue of our dreams, the resort provided us with the services of an amazing event team. Allie, Alyssa, Jessica, Sam, Mayra, and the rest of the resort staff gave us... Read More exemplary service from early planning all the way up to and throughout the big day. We felt important, valued, and taken care of from start to finish. Although Roche Harbor hosts weddings daily during the busy summer season, we felt like we were their only clients. The staff was professional while also making us feel like we were personal friends. We had a catering manager bring us peanut butter cups from a vending machine to make the s'mores at our rehearsal dinner extra tasty. The desk staff coordinated shuttle transportation for guests who needed extra assistance. We even had a shuttle driver offer to take us with some guests out to the cabins well after the reception festivities had wrapped up. Our family and friends still talk about how special our wedding was and how much fun they had. We never had to worry while working with the resort staff. Everything was taken care of seamlessly, and we were able to relax and fully enjoy our wedding day.

Beautiful Location, Amazing Staff

Reviewed on 10/18/2015 Carley P

I got married at Roche Harbor in August 2014. It is one of the most beautiful places I've ever visited! My husband and I needed a venue that offered accommodations as most of our guest list was traveling all the way from England. Not only does RH offer places to stay, they... Read More have an array of options so friends/family could share a condo, cottage, townhouse, etc. according to their budget. And there is so much to do on the resort, we didn't worry about having to entertain our guests every second of our wedding weekend. We got married in the Sunken Garden but there are several other options for the ceremony: the beach, the chapel, etc. Having all these options in one location is what really drew us to RH in the first place! The food was amazing - we held our rehearsal dinner at Shipwreck Beach and still to this day have people tell us the food was some of the best they've ever had (especially the ribs!!!) Another thing that made our wedding so stress free was the amazing staff at RH. We had one person totally in charge of accommodations for our guests and another person totally in charge of the wedding/reception. We felt like we had to do very little planning ourselves! We visited RH quite a few times before our actual wedding date. Each time we did, we were welcomed by all the staff who knew us by name as upcoming newlyweds - we felt like VIPs! All in all I would highly recommend Roche Harbor to anyone wanting a beautiful PNW location for their wedding. If I could go back and do it all again I wouldn't change a thing!

Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Molly C

I can't possibly say enough amazing things about the venue, staff and experience we had at Roche Harbor. Living in Las Vegas, we relied heavily on the staff at Roche Harbor to communicate timelines, options and everything else that comes along with planning a wedding. From my... Read More first inquiry email to the day after the wedding, I felt like I was speaking with friends. They were informative, personable yet professional and very responsive. The venue itself is amazing - picturesque, intimate and very unique. To this day (more than 2 years later) I still get comments from friends and family that the location, venue and overall experience was so memorable and special. We were given the tools to personalize our cocktail hour and reception so it reflected who we are as a couple. We were never pressured into making "cookie cutter" decisions, and never felt like we were 'just another couple'. Allison and Alyssa are phenomenal, and I am so fortunate to have been in their very capable hands throughout the wedding process.

Food & Drinks

Reviewed on 3/23/2015

The food was AMAZING! I loved that when we visited Roche before we decided on a venue that we were treated to a dinner that had a tasting of the food and drink options. We felt everything was reasonably priced and was just so PNW! So our family and friends from out of town got a... Read More taste of the amazing food we have at our fingertips. All our guests asked us to have our wedding again in a year with the same food and drinks!

Happy Bride!

Reviewed on 2/24/2015 Jennifer T

The Roche Harbor Resort was amazing from planning to the actual wedding day. Because the venue is across the water, the resort has a list of vendors near the resort that are amazing as well. The wedding has it's own spa and make-up area for the bride and guests. My make-up for... Read More wedding day was included in my venue fee. I loved the chapel with the water view and had my dream wedding. The resort worked with us and we never felt ignored. It was an amazing, magical day. The entire resort seems unreal!!

Amazing

Reviewed on 2/20/2015 Sarah R

My husband and I were set on a smaller wedding (just over 30 guests) and we really wanted our east coast friends to be able to experience some of the best nature, views and food from my home state. We were on a budget that was significantly smaller than the average for Roche... Read More Harbor and we had a mid-winter wedding, but all of the staff was amazing about working with our wants and budget. Everyone who attended the wedding stayed on site as well, and the condos and village homes were fantastic. Also, the consensus from all of the guests I talked to afterward was that it was the best food they had ever had at a wedding. One more thing - the resort grounds have so many amazing places to take wedding pictures. One of the nice extras provided by the resort was that a van and driver will take the wedding party around the trails at the resort to get pictures wherever you want. Overall, I just don't have any complaints. It was a perfect wedding weekend. I think that a few of my friends who were there are even set on getting married at Roche Harbor now too.

Best decision of our wedding!

Reviewed on 12/30/2014

Living in London, we weren’t able to visit Roche Harbor before booking our wedding this summer, but it was the best decision we could have made! The team is absolutely professional. They are a wedding factory, which is what you need because every member of staff knows exactly... Read More what they are doing! Our two biggest needs were 1. Gorgeous space 2. Fabulous food and Roche Harbor absolutely nailed in on both counts. My chef groom, Italian in-laws and foodie father was absolutely impressed. Every member of staff put in the extra effort to make our wedding fabulous, from a complimentary pre-event visit for the bride and groom, to the catering manager who brought us a little extra (ever tried a Reese's s'more?). We had our rehearsal dinner as a BBQ on Shipwreck Beach with fireside s'mores. I HIGHLY recommend this option! It was a highlight of the weekend! I was nervous about not having many options for hair/make-up but Afterglow Spa was great and we were all really happy with our looks. Make sure you budget in bringing in lots of vendors from off the island - you may need to provide them accommodation! We brought in our planner, photographers, florist and cake. It was all absolutely worth it. Roche Harbor was such an amazing venue. I really can't recommend it enough!