Roche Harbor Resort

Friday Harbor, WA

Roche Harbor Weddings - a destination within reach

Acclaimed waterfront ceremony and reception venue on San Juan Island, Washington. You'll have our full attention on your Big Day, because yours will be the only wedding we'll host that day. Find out why we we're Seattle Bride Magazine's Best of 2012-2014 award winner for NW Destination Venue.

$$

Guest Capacity

Waterfront, Historic Venue, Hotel, Park, Tented

Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning

248 Reuben Memorial Drive, Friday Harbor, WA

Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 9/30/2014 Kristi K

Roche Harbor has been the perfect getaway for my family since my mom was a little girl. I have dreamed of getting married there since I knew what marriage was. My husband's family spent summers in Roche Harbor in the early 2000s. When we were 14-20 years old, our families would plan summer vacations to Roche Harbor together. Every bit of my dream came true when I said "I do" in the Sunken Garden in front of Hotel de Haro. The entire staff constantly had a smile on their face, they anticipated every need of myself and my guests and I'm still receiving rave reviews of the food to this day. Everything from the welcome BBQ at Shipwreck Beach to the wedding the following day was perfection. The staff really makes you feel special and is genuinely there for you. I can't even begin to thank Allie, the events manager. She is so laid back, yet incredibly professional. She offers all the right recommendations, while never forgetting that YOU are the bride. She is there every step of the way to make sure your visions are executed efficiently and flawlessly. My experience would have never been the same without her. An incredible venue coordinator and now a wonderful friend. I will cherish that day forever and look forward to creating more memories in Roche Harbor. Thank you all!

A special place to get married!

Reviewed on 9/28/2014

Our wedding at Roche Harbor was everything we had expected! We had friends and family coming in from all over the US and Canada, so it was as important to find a location that provided a little getaway for everyone traveling from afar as it was for us to find a perfect venue for our special day. From the moment we stepped on to San Juan Island 7 months prior to our wedding, we knew we would get married here. The resort reflects our connection to both USA and Canada, plus our love of the ocean and sense of history, our appreciation for good food and our preference for a casual but elegant atmosphere. The team at Roche Harbor was exceptional from the beginning and made the entire process easy! Given we were planning this wedding from out of state (CO) and everything was being arranged from afar their attention to detail was critical. Allie and her team knew exactly when to prompt us for more details and worked collaboratively with us right up until the day. We really can't say enough about their entire team and would gladly recommend this as a location for a wedding celebration. Nearly a year later we still have guests that talk about how amazing the food was at our wedding! Last month we spent our 1st anniversary at the resort; it felt a little like homecoming - especially when we ran in to Allie on the patio at Madrona and she welcomed us back! Roche Harbor will always be a special place and although an annual visit may not be in the cards, we know every few years we'll make a trip back.

Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 6/20/2014 Jessica P

To be up front; I loved Roche Harbor from the moment I laid eyes on it. I tried looking at other venues, but none of them compared to my dream venue. I loved the character, location and venue services that is offered at Roche Harbor. This is a place where you don't feel like part of the machine - you're not 1 of 6 weddings taking place that day- and you get the whole venue to yourself. The cost for food and drink was reasonable compared to other venues, as was the site fee- but there is an addition % fee applied to the whole bill, which adds up. It all was totally worth it. The food was phenomenal. The staff and customer attention was fabulous. They've been making great upgrades to the grounds (not that they were even really needed) that improved the value even more. And, the weather was gorgeous for us! Almost every guest of ours has said that this was the best wedding they had ever attended, and these are people who don't hand out compliments willy-nilly!! We were very pleased with everything, and really couldn't have had a more wonderful experience.

Best day of My Life, Most FUN We have ever had!

Reviewed on 3/23/2015

We had an intimate wedding of 40 people at Roche Harbor. I cannot say enough amazing things about the staff, location, views, houses we stayed in and the vendors we worked with that are preferred vendors through Roche. We were greeted by name the entire time we were there. We stayed in the Village Homes and they were perfect! So fun to share meals with our guests in and get ready in the day of the wedding. I never had to worry about a thing when we were there, the Roche staff took care of it. Things I thought I would have to do, like walk to take photos after our wedding, nope they had a golf cart to take us around. They do everything top notch and are for sure a 6 star resort, above 5 stars. Thank you Roche for the time of my life! Everyone at our wedding wants to renew their vows there!

Happy Bride!

Reviewed on 2/24/2015 Jennifer T

The Roche Harbor Resort was amazing from planning to the actual wedding day. Because the venue is across the water, the resort has a list of vendors near the resort that are amazing as well. The wedding has it's own spa and make-up area for the bride and guests. My make-up for wedding day was included in my venue fee. I loved the chapel with the water view and had my dream wedding. The resort worked with us and we never felt ignored. It was an amazing, magical day. The entire resort seems unreal!!

Amazing

Reviewed on 2/20/2015 Sarah R

My husband and I were set on a smaller wedding (just over 30 guests) and we really wanted our east coast friends to be able to experience some of the best nature, views and food from my home state. We were on a budget that was significantly smaller than the average for Roche Harbor and we had a mid-winter wedding, but all of the staff was amazing about working with our wants and budget. Everyone who attended the wedding stayed on site as well, and the condos and village homes were fantastic. Also, the consensus from all of the guests I talked to afterward was that it was the best food they had ever had at a wedding. One more thing - the resort grounds have so many amazing places to take wedding pictures. One of the nice extras provided by the resort was that a van and driver will take the wedding party around the trails at the resort to get pictures wherever you want. Overall, I just don't have any complaints. It was a perfect wedding weekend. I think that a few of my friends who were there are even set on getting married at Roche Harbor now too.

Best decision of our wedding!

Reviewed on 12/30/2014

Living in London, we weren’t able to visit Roche Harbor before booking our wedding this summer, but it was the best decision we could have made! The team is absolutely professional. They are a wedding factory, which is what you need because every member of staff knows exactly what they are doing! Our two biggest needs were 1. Gorgeous space 2. Fabulous food and Roche Harbor absolutely nailed in on both counts. My chef groom, Italian in-laws and foodie father was absolutely impressed. Every member of staff put in the extra effort to make our wedding fabulous, from a complimentary pre-event visit for the bride and groom, to the catering manager who brought us a little extra (ever tried a Reese's s'more?). We had our rehearsal dinner as a BBQ on Shipwreck Beach with fireside s'mores. I HIGHLY recommend this option! It was a highlight of the weekend! I was nervous about not having many options for hair/make-up but Afterglow Spa was great and we were all really happy with our looks. Make sure you budget in bringing in lots of vendors from off the island - you may need to provide them accommodation! We brought in our planner, photographers, florist and cake. It was all absolutely worth it. Roche Harbor was such an amazing venue. I really can't recommend it enough!

Roche Harbor Weddings

Reviewed on 10/07/2014 Meredith P

I absolutely loved having my wedding at Roche Harbor.

Great Service!

Reviewed on 9/28/2014 Lauren C

Roche Harbor was a wonderful place to have our wedding. The service was impeccable and Allie and her team were there whenever we needed them. On the weekend of the wedding we were given a house where the refrigerator didn't work properly. Without a hesitation they happily moved us to a different (bigger) house free of charge! That is what I call service. I would recommend Roche to all of my friends and family looking for a lovely place to get married outside of seattle.

Our Wedding-Simply the best

Reviewed on 9/28/2014 Molly S

Words cannot express how amazing our experience was having our wedding at Roche Harbor. From the day we scouted the property to the day after we said our vows....simply amazing. From start to finish our experience working with the Roche Harbor staff, in particular with Allie, was THE BEST!!! We stayed in the McMillan Suites and had our guests stay all over the property. We hosted our rehearsal in the Madrona Bar and Grill and had our wedding in the gardens and reception in the pavilion courtyard. Allie was so responsive to all questions and beyond professional. She worked with all family members to make sure everyone knew their role and where to be. She went above and beyond from start to finish. Our guests could not stop talking about our setting, "the feel" of the weekend, the beauty of the venue and THE FOOD!!! She helped line up all vendors...Robin for flowers from Robin's Nest, DJ Doug, etc. The staff who tended to our guests from the front desk to the dining room were beyond exceptional. On the morning of my wedding, my friend/hairdresser had a family emergency and could not get to us on the island. I had noone to do my hair for the wedding. Last minute, the ladies at the Spa swooped in to save the day and take care of myself and my bridesmaids and we looked smokin! Seriously I can't say enough. I want to do it all over again because we have the fondest memories of our wedding weekend at Roche Harbor. Simply the best!

A great destination to say I do!

Reviewed on 9/27/2014 Jenn R

Roche Harbor is conveniently located a gorgeous ferry ride away from Seattle. We loved the fact that our guests came out for more than one day and made a little vacation out of our wedding. Not only did they enjoy all of the outdoor adventures, but it allowed us time to hang out with our guests outside of the wedding events, which is a great thing when people have travelled from all over to see you. The staff at Roche were all extremely courteous and helpful leading to our wedding day going by without a hitch. We did think their food and bev prices were a bit high compared to other venues and caterers we looked at, but you are on an island after all, and in the end it didn't really matter because the food was incredible, making it totally worth it! They have you dine on them at their restaurant as a "tasting" of what your food will be like and, to be honest, we didn't find the food at the restaurant nearly as good as the food at our wedding, so that was a nice surprise. I think the only downsize to getting married at Roche is that they are now extremely popular and typically have a wedding on all Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. This is great for them, but does make you feel a little like a cog in their wedding machine--at least it's a well oiled machine with incredible views! Overall we had an amazing experience and our guests still rave about their time there. We would recommend Roche to anyone looking to get away for their wedding without having to coordinate all the details since the staff at Roche will take care of it all for you.

My Perfect Wedding

Reviewed on 8/26/2014 Jasmine Z

I just got married at Roche Harbor Resort and it was everything I could have wanted. I am still basking in my joy and happiness from the event. As no venue can be perfect (and as a recent bride), I will tell you the best things about RH and well, the things that still need work on: The highlights: -It is so beautiful here - I can't even describe how perfect the scenery is here. The garden ceremony space is insane as is the cocktail hour space. -The food was insanely good (way better than the restaurant food) - they pan-seared scallops before our eyes... -Allie was great in prepping for the wedding day and made me feel super comfortable as she was very organized. -Alyssa should be your go to person for any hiccups. I had a mess up with my lodging (as in not enough - see below) and only Alyssa solved it for me. -The village homes are ridiculously luxurious and beautiful with character (at a price though...). -For what you get (& promo package I got), this place is a great value. The cost posted here only includes my RH tab (not including attire, flowers, decorations, etc) for 91 guests. -Use the Afterglow Spa for hair/make-up - they were awesome and more affordable than bringing in somebody from Seattle. I was anxious because they were "island girls" but Mayra is from LA and knows what she is doing. I didn't feel like a cake monster - I still looked like me! And all of our hair was amazing!!! The sacrifices: -Lodging: some of your guests will be stuck in the "historic" hotel del Haro where they have to shower in a shared bathtub. ***Make sure to block rooms as much as possible away from the Hotel del Haro shared guestrooms and see this on paper that there are enough accommodations for your guests*** Initially they only had enough accommodations for 50 of my guests for a wedding of 100. Alyssa saved the day for me but I was super upset about this. This was the only hiccup though and Alyssa quickly reversed this mistake for me within 48 hours. -The panic of getting everybody here with the ferry lines. Get your guests to walk on the ferry and do a non-Saturday wedding for decreased ferry traffic. -Wedding planner: they told me I didn't need a day-of-planner because Jessica would help out but I didn't see her once on the wedding day. Thank goodness for bossy bridesmaids. I still think you can get away without a wedding planner though... All in all - I would recommend RH for anybody to get married at. I loved loved loved my wedding.

2014-09-10T12:12:01 Response from the vendor

@marziabani Thanks for the feedback on your wedding! We're glad it was all in all a great experience, hiccups and pleasant surprises. Good to know the food was an over delivery on flavors and interactivity; and sorry to underwhelm on some expectations on the big... Read Less Read More

Perfect Wednesday Wedding!

Reviewed on 7/15/2014 Melissa W

Roche Harbor is the DREAM place to get married. You and your guests will leave your wedding feeling as if they were in a magical land! :)

2014-07-20T08:12:56 Response from the vendor

@sissabeans We're so glad to hear everything was a dream for the wedding experience!

The wedding of my dreams!!

Reviewed on 5/20/2014 Stephanie S

If you want a picture-perfect venue that makes your wedding stand out from the rest, Roche Harbor will accomplish all that and more. It's a truly magical place that makes everyone feel pampered and special in ways that are hard to put into words. Everyone who works there is extremely nice and accommodating, and everyone on the events staff is beyond amazing. All our guests are still raving about how much fun they had, how great the food was, and how beautiful the scenery was. Me and my husband are sooo glad we got married in Roche Harbor. Don't let the ferry ride deter you; it's the best PNW destination wedding spot, hands down!!

LOVED ROCHE HARBOR!!!!

Reviewed on 1/24/2014 Chesha B

We had such a wonderful time at Roche Harbor for our wedding weekend! From planning our event to accommodations for our guests, the staff at Roche Harbor was always easy to reach and willing to work with us and our wedding planner to make sure things went smoothly! We had a couple different events planned by different family members and everything went to smoothly. The pig roast at Shipwreck Cove was so fun and had a great laid back and relaxing feel. The wedding was beautiful! We loved the garden and the reception went so smoothly. We couldn't have asked for anything different. We had a breakfast the morning after our wedding and it was the perfect way to wrap up the weekend and say our good byes. Allison at Roche Harbor helped make everything flow perfectly! Thanks so much and we will definitely be back for many anniversaries!!!! Lifetime memories!

Perfect

Reviewed on 11/01/2013 Alison C

I had dreamed of getting married at the resort since I was old enough to have such thoughts. I was lucky enough to meet a guy that loved Roche as much as I do. The staff was beyond helpful in the year leading up to the wedding, the service was amazing, and the food was incredible. The day was spectacular all around. If i was to do it over I wouldn't even think of picking another spot.

Extraordinary

Reviewed on 10/17/2013 Amy D

Extraordinary, magical, flawless. These words so accurately describe my experience with Roche Harbor. Everyone was incredible to work with and the day was executed better than I could have imagined. I didn't have a wedding planner, and honestly, Roche Harbor made it so I didn't need one. I was able to accomplish everything I wanted and couldn't have had a more wonderful day!

A perfect wedding venue!

Reviewed on 10/14/2013 Carrie C

We chose Roche Harbor because of the beautiful setting, the option for an indoor or outdoor wedding (we were married in early October) and the wide array of accommodations for our guests. We cannot say enough about our experience. All of our guests were accommodated on grounds (we had 93 people), there was a place for us to stay with our dog (who was in the wedding) and we received excellent care from Allison, Alyssa and the rest of the staff. The food was AMAZING throughout the weekend (we had our rehearsal dinner, wedding and post-wedding brunch there) - but I cannot say enough about the wedding dinner. It was delicious and people are still talking about it. Josh, our manager for the wedding day, was amazing - there when you needed him, but working behind the scenes all the time. One hint - make sure your guests know to speak with Alyssa directly when making reservations. We couldn't be happier!

Roche Harbor

Reviewed on 10/14/2013

Our wedding day was everything we imagined and more! We got to relax and enjoy our special day along with all of our guests. The staff was friendly and helpful throughout the whole process of planning, setting up, follow-up visits and especially on our wedding day! Roche Harbor is a magical place that we will continue to visit for the rest of our lives. The memories we share with friends and family of Roche Harbor brings a smile to face each time I think of them. The Roche Harbor staff make it a point to know who you are and what you are expecting on your wedding day. They made the planning process go so smoothly and quickly gained my trust during the planning period. I highly recommend Roche Harbor for any type of event, vacation, reunion, anniversary and above all weddings!

Great Wedding

Reviewed on 9/30/2013 Brie S

Beautiful venue, great food, and friendly staff!!

Roche Harbor Sept wedding

Reviewed on 9/30/2013 Chelsea B

The staff was fantastic to work with and the location was gorgeous. It was everything we were hoping for for a wedding location. Our guests enjoyed having a weekend getaway too.

Best Service - Best Location!

Reviewed on 9/16/2013 Jess T

Roche Harbor is a beautiful venue - a true "destination location" in the Pacific Northwest. The service was incredible - the location offers a one-stop shop for nearly everything. Our site fee included all the typical things that would need to be rented (cutlery, glassware, PA system, tables, chairs, etc). Because the venue also hosts three different restaurants, it was easy to use them to cater a custom menu for us, and their standard menu is delicious as well. There are a few locations where a couple can host their party - a pool lawn, a floating party barge, a newly renovated pavilion, the chapel, the gardens - the list goes on! There are a number of accommodations onsite as well - all my guests were able to stay on premise, and didnt need to drive anywhere to get to their rooms after the reception. It was stress free and very easy to make decisions. I would recommend the location to anyone looking to have a getaway wedding in a lush green NW paradise!

Roche Harbor was Great Venue!!

Reviewed on 9/13/2013 Diana S

Allie and the rest of the staff at Roche did a fantastic job attending to all our needs!! The weather, the venue, the food, the staff were fabulous!

Beyond our Expectations

Reviewed on 9/03/2013 Megan T

We had the best wedding weekend with our families and our closest friends. The staff at Roche Harbor was professional and the level of service was exceptional. The venue was amazing! The flow from the ceremony to cocktail hour, dinner and dancing went so well. The food was exceptional! It is the best location to have a weekend destination wedding. We started planning 9 months before and the staff at Roche made the process fun and enjoyable. They had every detail down. They were always available when I had questions. We loved working with everyone at Roche and would highly recommend this location!!!!

Perfect summer wedding at Roche Harbor!

Reviewed on 9/03/2013 Annie C

I've spend every summer of my life enjoying summers on San Juan Island at a family cabin, and always dreamed of getting married in the beautiful garden at Roche Harbor. This August, my dream wedding became a reality, and the entire weekend was perfect! I cannot say enough about the staff and how warm, genuine, organized, and fun they are to work with. The entire planning process, from the day we signed the contract to the wedding day 9 months later, I felt completely supported and at ease because I had an amazing team at Roche Harbor backing me up and keeping me on top of my timeline. Allison is the best! The day of the wedding, Josh was our catering manager and go-to person, and he was flawless. He was so calm and organized, I cannot imagine a better person for the job. We got married in the garden, with a cocktail hour in the courtyard, and dinner and dancing in the connected pavilion, and it really is the perfect venue. It combines outdoor and indoor spaces seamlessly, showcasing the beauty of Roche Harbor, and allowing your guests the flexibility of going inside or outside throughout the evening. When the dancing and partying inside started to get rowdy, the grandparents enjoyed relaxing by the fireplace in the courtyard. The garden is so well maintained and lush that you really don't need decorations out there, and the courtyard and pavilion are beautiful to begin with, making decorating easy and minimal. Our guests could not stop raving about the setting for weeks after the wedding. The whole bridal party did hair and makeup through the Afterglow Spa at Roche Harbor, and they are amazing! Mayra is a makeup genius, and Amber is absolute perfection with hair. I have never felt so beautiful, and they are a blast to spend time with, which really enhanced the wedding morning. It was like hanging out with more friends, and I was honestly bummed out to say goodbye to them, and wished they could just come to the wedding and party with us! My advice is to stick to local island vendors, they are experienced, professional, know the space inside and out, and are all amazing people! Felicity at Cakes by Felicitations, and our florist Robin at Robin's Nest really made my visions a reality, and were so fun to work with. DJ Doug is the absolute best on the island, and our friend's kept talking about how awesome the DJ was! If I had to do it all again, I wouldn't change one single thing about our wedding, and that is thanks to the amazing staff at Roche Harbor, and the absolutely perfect venue they have! Worth every penny.

TO Roche Harbor Resort