Detroit, MI

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Built in 1958, The Roostertail enjoyed instant fame as the largest free-standing night club in the country, hosting everyone from Tony Bennett to the Temptations. A beautiful glass-enclosed structure anchored on the Detroit River, it boasts incredible views of Belle Isle, Canada and Lake St. Clair.

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Waterfront, Historic Venue, Tented

Food + Catering, Planning

100 Marquette Drive, Detroit, MI

My Dream Come True

Reviewed on 4/23/2014 LezLee G

The Roostertail brought the wedding of my dreams to life with the help of Shawna and her staff!

2015-09-21T11:14:08 Response from the vendor

We are so happy to hear that! It was our pleasure to host such a beautiful couple. We wish you many years of happiness!

Our dream day

Reviewed on 1/12/2014 Suzie

We knew very quickly after visiting The Roostertail for the first time it was the venue we wanted for our wedding. The location is unbeatable. The water views from the marine room and fountains going all night added excitement and classiness to our wedding that you can't get... Read More anywhere else. Having our own event planner there to help us with the details every step of the way including being present at the rehearsal and the whole wedding day made everything go seamlessly. This venue includes a lot of extras in their packages that make it easier to plan (such as linens/ chairs etc). The food was delicious. We went with a buffet plus some extras and everyone was happy. People couldn't stop talking about how great the bar was. We also had our ceremony on the side patio by the water and it was gorgeous. Can't say enough good things about this place. Very classy and FUN!

November Wedding

Reviewed on 1/04/2014 Caitlin H

Guests did not stop complimenting the food and venue, it was a hit!

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Rachel L

My husband and I were married and held our reception at the Roostertail in December of 2014. Everything was absolutely perfect <3 Justin was incredible to work with: fun and helpful and accessible. The standard winter decorations they put out are so incredibly beautiful and the... Read More benefits they include in their prices are well worth the cost.(food, dessert table, linens, centerpieces, chairs, lighting, event coordinator, etc.) Even the food was outstanding! Many of our guests stated that we held the most beautiful and best wedding they had ever been to, and I must thank the Roostertail for making it a team effort and making all of our wedding dreams come true! I highly recommend this venue!!!

My Dream October Reception

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Danielle C

The Roostertail did an excellent job providing me the elegant reception I'd envisioned. Everyone knows how important food is at the reception and everyone was calling us days following to tell us how great the food was. I love it that they give you options to use in house... Read More linens, so I saved money by using their linen in my cocktail area. Erica my coordinator at the Roostertail and she was fantastic. She listened to me and when I wanted something she made sure I had it. And last but not least the facility is beautiful, and even more so after recent renovations. I love the openness of the room and looking out at the water. It was breathtaking.

2015-10-12T13:41:01 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Danielle! You were absolutely beautiful and we are so happy to hear your guests enjoyed themselves. Best Wishes and share your photos with us!

Reviewed on 9/21/2015 Krysta M

My husband and I got married at the Roostertail on September 12th, 2015. The ENTIRE process was not only super easy, but so much fun!!! We worked with Justin and he is THE BEST EVER!!! We can honestly say that he will forever be a friend to us!! The venue itself is... Read More absolutely stunning and the staff is superb!!! We walked into our reception and were blown away with how everything came together! It was a magical day, and if we had to do it over, we wouldn't change a thing!!! This venue is a MUST!!! Amazing, Amazing, Amazing!!!!!

Reviewed on 9/21/2015

"We experienced some communication issues with our first few wedding coordinators but then we met Bridget and she was fantastic. Bridget assured us she would handle everything and she could not have done a better job. She worked with our other vendors to make sure they had... Read More everything they needed and she even went to every person to make notes of their food selection to make the dinner service faster. Every single detail of the night was perfect and we are completely certain that if there had been a problem, Bridget would have fixed it. The room was absolutely beautiful. We felt like we had two receptions. The first half of the evening was light and the views through the windows were fantastic. That view was a large part of the reason we booked Roostertail. After watching a beautiful sunset the second half of our night began. The lights in the room are unlike anything we have ever seen at a wedding venue. The blue leds lights throughout the room with band playing in front of the colored fountains looked incredible. The food was excellent and Chef Paul went around to our guests to make sure they were happy. Many of our guests told us they appreciated this and we agreed that it was yet another classy detail in a superbly executed evening. Tom, the owner, was present wearing our wedding colors as well. June 19th 2015 was the greatest night of our lives and cannot we imagine having had our wedding anywhere else."

My dream come true!

Reviewed on 9/21/2015

We had our ceremony and reception at the Roostertail (7/24/15) and it was everything we could have dreamed for! Erica and the entire staff were the best so professional yet fun! I loved every bit of the experience. We were invited out for dinner and drinks at various events they... Read More held throughout the year and it made the entire wedding planning experience so worth it! The food is phenomenal, the decor and outdoor ceremony site was breathtaking!! The waterfront views are to die for! The amount of compliments we have received are outrageous! It truly is a beautiful venue! Beyond worth it! Im going to miss talking to Erica she was so great!

2015-09-21T11:18:33 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We loved all of the unique touches you added to your big day that truly made your wedding stand out from the rest. We wish you many years of happiness and love!

Excellent Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 9/21/2015

Justin was the best coordinator a girl could ask for. He made sure everything was beautiful and perfect and our day was a fairy tale!!!

2015-09-21T11:19:00 Response from the vendor

Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your big day! We wish you endless happiness and love.

Reviewed on 9/20/2015 Elizabeth H

My wedding was August 22 2015. It also happened to be the boat race weekend. We have the most amazing wedding pictures. We got to get on top of the Roostertail boat. Shawna gave us the best experience. She said yes to every request we had. There was nothing she wouldn't do... Read More for us. My wedding planning experience was so easy because the Roostertail does it all for you. The Roostertail is a Detroit landmark and is perfectly located on the Detroit riverfront. The Roostertail also gave is VIP passes to come back the following day and attend the boat races with food and drink vouchers. They treated us like royalty. Our guests raved about our wedding. See Shawna at the Roostertail if you want to have a phenomenal wedding planning experience.

2015-09-21T11:21:09 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for allowing us to be a part of your special day. It was a beautiful day and your GORGEOUS photo next to the Hydroplane will forever be hanging in our office. Best wishes, please see us again soon!

Choose THE ROOSTERTAIL for your wedding!

Reviewed on 9/11/2015 Kimberly M

We just want to say a huge thank you to everyone at The Roostertail for making our wedding day so memorable! It really was the best day of our lives and everything about the venue, food and ceremony was just perfect. SPECIAL thanks to Justin our wedding planner who made the... Read More whole process so relaxed, stress-free and enjoyable. His professionalism, true ability to listen to our desired vision and relationships with local vendors helped to create the most magical event and exceed our expectations! Our guests are still talking about the beautiful location and how much fun the wedding was! We would recommend this venue to anyone and from the guests comments so would they!! Kim & Alan - Columbus

Shawna saved our wedding!

Reviewed on 9/01/2015 Jamie V

Shawna and the Roostertail saved our wedding after our original reception venue cancelled on us just four months before our wedding! By some miracle, the Roostertail still had our June date available and Shawna was more than accommodating at putting our wedding together in such... Read More short notice. She made us a priority and went through our wish list and made everything happen for us! We were so grateful for her help and truly appreciated how empathetic she was to our situation. We trusted her with our wedding and we were able to essentially re-plan everything in record time. The day of the wedding, everything went perfectly. Everyone is still raving about how amazing the food was and we have had numerous people tell us it was the most fun they have ever had at a wedding and that the venue was absolutely beautiful. All of the staff members were professional and helpful and I couldn't believe how organized everything was at the end of the night! The cost may be higher than a lot of venues, but we truly feel it was worth what we paid! Thank you for an amazing night!

Shawna Peplinski

Reviewed on 4/14/2015

Shawna Peplinski is how I describe the Roostertail. Her ambition and carefulness to make sure everything will be good for my fiancee and I for our wedding is wonderful. She has made everything possible for us and easier than I can imagine. We are overseas for 8 months and I have... Read More not had one problem or any doubts to why our wedding will not be the absolute best. I really appreciate the work that Shawna and her team and the Roostertail has done for us. We are very pleased and thankful. Thanks again Shawna and the Roostertail.

Great Venue

Reviewed on 4/11/2015 Teresa L

Ask for Justin! We booked the Club room for a birthday party For about 45 guests. Their price includes your party planner (ours was Justin), soft drinks, food, the venue, and their full array of beautiful decorations, plus adult beverage tickets. We supplied a cake, favors,... Read More and some extra flowers. It doesn't get easier than that. Justin's knowledge and style and ideas have been invaluable to us. He's fast, efficient, easily accessible through phone and email, has a great sense of humor, and has been a great pleasure to work with. I would choose this venue ten times over for any special events or parties. They usually cater weddings proms, and array of parties. And I will continue to request working with Justin. You can't go wrong with this venue.

Reviewed on 2/26/2015

We made an Appt for a tour of the Rooster Tail for our upcoming wedding venue. When we arrived, The Event Coordinator (Justin Bohn) never showed up at our scheduled time. In fact we stayed and waited for him while the girl in the office tried to contact him via cellphone. Justin... Read More NEVER answered his phone neither did he show up. We walked around while we waited and the Carpets had stains and duct tape on the floor. The place was a dirty mess. Thank you Justin for not showing up and making our minds up as to where we will have our wedding. We left and i emailed the owners in which it took 5 days for them to respond back to me. Never would i ever recommend the Rooster Tail to my friends or my friends dog for that matter!

Least Stressful Wedding Planning!!

Reviewed on 1/27/2015 Lindsey S

I'm a soon to be bride, currently planning my July 2015 wedding at the Roostertail, and I couldn't be more excited. First of all, my fiancee and I looked at approximately 25 different venues... when we walked into the Roostertail we both immediately looked at each other and... Read More thought "this is it... this is the place." My wedding coordinator Shawna (senior director of events & sales) has been a joy to work with in every aspect of our wedding planning. Without batting an eyelash, she responds to my phone calls and emails promptly and with great care... even if I just have one simple question about which type of chair sashes to use, or whether we should use round or square tables. Many of my friends keep mentioning how stressful wedding planning has been for them, and asking "how are you going to school full time and working and planning a wedding all at the same time??" ...and my answer is simple. Shawna & the staff at The roostertail have made it so easy!! We came for the tasting last year to pick out the menu for our wedding & the food was delicious. We got to meet the owner & learned a lot about the rich history of the venue and the many famous Motown performances and other local celebrities who put The Roostertail on the map as a historic Detroit landmark. We came back a few months ago to sit down, share our vision & plan more details of the wedding and were made to feel right at home. My parents even popped in recently on a weekday to ask some questions about the upcoming wedding without an appointment, and they said Shawna welcomed them and answered all of their questions & helped them understand the whole layout and how things will go the day of the wedding... With an anxious mother, it was such a relief to hear that she was put at ease after this meeting. Shawna has also given us great advice and suggestions from her many years of experience planning weddings about things that i would have never even thought of (i.e. don't serve a cheese platter during an outdoor cocktail hour in the middle of sweltering july heat). We have heard great things from friends who have hosted events here (weddings and proms), many of them mentioning Shawna in particular being the reason things went so smoothly. If you are given a different event coordinator - not to worry! Many of them consult with Shawna for supervision on the event planning anyways. She has shown us that she will go above & beyond to make sure our wedding is nothing short of a fairy tale, and I highly recommend considering the Roostertail as your venue if you want all the bells and whistles of a gorgeous wedding with the least amount of stress.

Erica & Jason 12-31-14 wedding

Reviewed on 1/15/2015

The Roostertail is an fantastic place, From the moment my fiancee and I walked in we knew this was the place. The service, food, and atmosphere was amazing. Shawna made sure that every detail was covered. Our Dec. 31st 2014 dream wedding will be a day that will always be... Read More remembered. Shawna thanks for everything you exceeded our expectation.... Sincerely, Mr.Mitchell

Elegant Transformation - Outstanding Wedding Venue - Top Shelf Service

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 anne marie n

I got married on June 8, 2014 at the Roostertail. I was initially a little apprehensive because my sister got married there in 2008 and I didn't want to have a repeat of her fabulous wedding. Shawna Peplinski assured me that MY wedding would be a distinct and outstanding... Read More event - unlike my sister's - and SHE WAS RIGHT. Together with Ralph Bellisario - the Marine Room at the Roostertail was transformed into a sparkling space with gold and ivory decor and flowers. Shawna is a true professional - always anticipating every need and paying attention to every detail - no matter how small. She always comes through with every promise and more! The room looked beautiful - the food was great - appetizers and entree. We created a special menu that combined my middle eastern and my husband's italian heritages. Arabic breads with cheese and zhatar, fattoush salad, anti-pasta platters, chicken breast with capers and artichokes and fresh veggies. Rave reviews! The room - the food - the lighting - the services - everything was outstanding and I was very pleased. Shawna Peplinski and her staff at the Roostertail - made my special day - totally outstandingly fantastic!! Anne Marie Nouhan

Wedding and wedding planners

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 francesca k

My husband is the guitar player for Kid Rocks Twisted Brown Tricker Band and we had both our ceremony and reception at the famed Roostertail in Detroit! Every detail was meticulously met by our wedding planner from the Roostertail, Shauna Eaton. She did such a nice job for us it... Read More was absolutely stress free and exciting! The way it should be! The venue with it gorgeous views, floor to ceiling windows, lighting, fountains and sprawling building, was to die for! Shauna was so good to is and had her staff so on point that even now, 11 years later, people are still talking about our wedding. The food was amazing, the display was magazine worthy and she did it all! I was extremely impressed! The Schoenith family has always had an amazing reputation for throwing the best events in all of detroit, and I can agree completely as the fussiest of brides! I loved my wedding, and if you have one there I guarantee you will as well! Money well spent! Memories I can never forget, and would be hard pressed to recreate without her! 💖

Reviewed on 10/11/2014 Melissa C

I could rave about the Roostertail and our wedding coordinator Erica for days on end! Absolutely positively amazing experience. Erica is ridiculously awesome! Love her. Our wedding would have been nothing without her. She went so far above and beyond for us. I feel like I did no... Read More work hardly - she did everything for us and took all that stress off our shoulders. All of our guests said it was the best wedding they had ever been to. The food was all delicious! And just the ambiance do the Roostertail cannot be beat. The breathtaking views from the floor to ceiling windows speaks for themselves, you don't need to go crazy with decor. And the Roostertail has many center pieces in house that you can use and they are awesome! No need to spend thousands of dollars on flowers or anything else. Roostertail does it all and really takes care of you. Bravo!! Best wedding venue ever!!

Reviewed on 9/10/2014 Brittany L

The Roostertail is amazing. They did everything possible to work with us, and even though we were switched between a couple coordinators they made sure to make it up to us. We ended up with Shawna, who was absolutely amazing, she did absolutely everything to make our day special... Read More and to make sure that everything was perfect. Food was great, as always, the day went nice and smoothly because of her. She was with us the whole day! LOVE HER!

Best Wedding Venue!

Reviewed on 8/07/2014 Jillian N

From the moment my now-husband and I walked into the Roostertail, we loved it. One of my requirements was that I wanted a venue with windows and a view and boy did the Roostertail have a view!! It was the first venue we visited after getting engaged. My husband set up a meeting... Read More with Erica to get a tour. She showed us around and then sat us down to discuss to show us pictures of the rooms with different decor. She also showed us all the centerpieces, linens and napkins that are provided at no extra cost. That was another thing we loved; they don't nickel and dime you like a lot venues. After we visited 4 or 5 other places, we decided that we would only be happy with the Roostertail and it was the most cost-effective when we looked into how much it would to hire out the decor. Throughout the whole wedding process, Erica was so helpful. She was also very timely in her responses and answered any questions that we had. Even though she got married a week before us, she still met with us the week of her wedding to discuss all of our last minute details. On the day of wedding, I walked into the Marine Room and it was decorated perfectly. It was everything that we talked about. It was phenomenal. It looked gorgeous. Erica rounded up the bridal party and came back to get me to go to the ceremony on the side porch. She did a great job at getting the bridal party and immediate family away from the guests to take pictures right away. As we were taking pictures, she brought up hors d'oeuvres and beer. The bridal party really appreciated this!! I even had a meatball and the bruschetta. Both were delicious! Before we had our grand entrance, Erica explained to everyone the path they should take when they make their entrance. After my husband and I made our entrance, Erica asked us what we wanted to drink and brought it to us at our table. We had the buffet and went with the pork picante, stuffed chicken with cherries jubilee and the breaded whitefish. Everything was outstanding!! I was too excited to eat a lot, but I couldn't stop eating the stuffed chicken. So good! It was the most perfect night ever. Guests kept telling me that it was the best wedding they've ever been to. There are so many wow factors to the Roostertail, from the fountains, to the dance floor raising to just the view. Everyone was very impressed with the wedding. At the end of the wedding, Davis helped us collect our stuff and the staff would let us know when they found things that we may want. The staff was very nice and very helpful. Everything went so perfectly! I could not have asked for a more perfect and smooth wedding. I was never worried or stressed. It was absolutely wonderful!

Amazing Wedding

Reviewed on 7/31/2014

Wow, what an amazing wedding! The wedding ceremony was under the Roostertail Pavilion overlooking the Detroit waterfront. Our place cards were hung by ribbons from a tree in the entrance. The reception was over the top. You'll just have to look at the pictures on the site to see... Read More how simply gorgeous it was. We had a tastefully done black, and white wedding with touches of red and shimmery silver that made everything pop. The lighting was beautiful as was a color changing waterfall that sprung from the water just behind the dance floor. Our every need was met. We had awesome food (Chef Paul made special vegan entrees and some brownies for our vegan guests), the desserts were delicious (especially the chocolate, chocolate cake), and the signature drinks were over the top. I recommend getting a photo booth. We had guests even in their 90's putting on props and taking group pictures. What a way to get family together. I want to say a special thank you to Tom Schoenith, Shawna, and the entire Roostertail staff for all their hard work to make the night very, very special.

Reviewed on 7/30/2014

I attended my nephews wedding and it was one of the nicest weddings I've ever attended! From the lovely ceremony on the water, to the coffee drinks to go on our way out, everything was fantastic, and every detail was thought of. I left wanting nothing more...except room for more... Read More of those fantastic desserts! My favorite part was when the dance floor raised during the bride and groom dance and the fountains erupted in a blaze of color! It was magical. Definitely a fairytail wedding!

Reviewed on 11/30/2013 Nicole C

My experience at the Roostertail was amazing. My wedding was everything and more I could ave ever imagined!! Shawna and her team completely out did them selves!! The food and desserts were delicious! The sweet table was a total shock!! All fall themed with giant pumpkin pies,... Read More and huge cakes in the shape of candy corns!! The chef even packed us a to-go back with food and desserts for us to take back to out hotel room! The service was unreal, they gave me my fairytale wedding!! I LOVE Shawna and the Rooostertail!!