Book Your Wedding with Roostertail

A BALLROOM IN DETROIT, MI

Roostertail is an iconic waterfront event facility that has remained at the forefront of the Detroit, Michigan, social scene since 1958. Originally a restaurant, today special events are the focus of Roostertail with refined catering and an all-in-one vision for weddings. Roostertail is located on the Lake St. Clair, just along the Detroit River. Couples will be delighted that the wedding planning professionals handle over 70 weddings ceremonies and receptions per year, making them the masters of their trade.

The Marine Room is an innovative, glass enclosed room that can seat between 100-275 guests. This room brings romance to the forefront of the reception with a 40-foot fountain, cozy fireplace and night club lighting. The stage in Marine Room is 500 square feet, ideal for the couple who wants live music and lots of dancing at their reception. The most unique aspect of Marine Room is the dueling panoramic views. From one side of the room guests are looking out over the picturesque lake and the opposite side shows the exquisite Detroit skyline. There is a patio area adjoined to the Marine Room which makes going from the ceremony to the reception easy and convenient.

The Club Room is a more intimate space that can easily transition from boardroom to elegant cocktail reception. This is one of the smaller locations at Roostertail and is best for rehearsal dinners, engagement parties and small cocktail receptions. This room can seat 75 guests for dinner and up to 100 guest standing for cocktails. But the outdoor heated terrace can accommodate 25. The room is equipped with a bar, three waterfalls and its own lighting and sound setup.

The Palm River Room is elevated and overlooks the waterfront. The largest room in Roostertail, this space is ideal for grand wedding events with a range of 250 to 600 guests. The cathedral ceilings that reach up 40 feet and crystal chandeliers make this an excellent space for elegant and formal receptions. There is a reception lobby area just outside of the Palm River Room that is ideal for pre-function cocktail hour or butlered hors d’oeuvres. The 500-square foot pavilion is used for ceremonies with the Palm River Room.

The event staff at Roostertail is committed to bringing every couple’s fairy tale wedding vision to life. The event manager will be with couples through the entire planning process. Because Roostertail is an all-inclusive facility, the staff will create custom centerpieces and theme specific decor for events, provide the catering, alcohol and wedding cake as well as complete all setup and cleanup of the event. Tables, chiavari chairs with tie-backs, over 35 colors of linens and all tableware is provided by the venue. Couples can rest easy knowing that they are at a one stop shop for their wedding needs.

There are a variety of wedding packages offered by Roostertail that include dinner service, bar options and use of the patio and grounds. Upgrades such as valet parking, chair sashes and food choices influence package pricing. Wedding receptions are scheduled for four to four and a half hours. On-site catering can provide dinner service, buffets or stations for lunch or dinner receptions.

Some extra things to love about Roostertail include:

• Named “best place to throw a party” by Hour Magazine
  • One of the top 100 nightclubs in the country
  • Less than 10 miles from downtown Detroit, where there are many options for guest lodging and bridal suites
  • Hydraulic dance floors
  • Professional nightclub sound and lighting design
  • Waterfront View

Imagine having a wedding that fulfills all of your wedding dreams. The Roostertail experience we offer is the “One Stop Shopping” that couples fall in love with. Our venue includes a collection of over 35+ colors and textures of custom linens, show-stopping centerpieces, custom computerized LED Lighting, free parking, an event coordinator, tiebacks and silver Chiavari chairs all at no additional charge. Offering the best and most comprehensive wedding services, we create uniquely personal events that cater to your every need. It is the Roostertail’s committed goal to take away your stress and make your special date just that; Special.

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Waterfront, Historic Venue, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

100 Marquette Drive, Detroit, MI (313) 822-1234
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Rose M

Our wedding day was absolutely everything we dreamed it would be and more. Nicole and Shawna are truly the best! They understood our visions and turned it into a fairytale wedding that was stress-free and smooth sailing. Every detail was put together perfectly. Whenever we... Read More needed something or had a question they were responsive and quick. The food was excellent, the drinks were perfect, the candy bar was magical and the Marine Room was classy and elegant. From the color changing fountains to the center pieces, from the corresponding lights to the waitstaff and how they handled themselves. It was absolutely amazing, beyond our expectations. Thank you Roostertail for making our wedding #1 in all of our guest’s books. Can’t wait to book another event with you!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Danielle D

From our first meeting to the last dance of the evening, Shawna and her team were nothing but excellent. All of my guests told us how professional and wonderful the staff was. The food not only was delicious but warm too! Shawna was always available to talk via phone or text... Read More which made planning our wedding seamless. Her experience showed as she helped us plan and set up the final details. I would highly recommend this venue if you want a classy, delicious and a venue that will impress your guests. We had 250 guests and not one person had anything bad to say!

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Vy L

I would highly recommend the Roostertail with Shawna as a wedding coordinator. This is a beautiful venue with exceptional service. Shawna went above and beyond to make the planning process easy for us and was always friendly and approachable. She's the best!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Daniel H

We chose the Roostertail because of the wonderful atmosphere and could be married under cover right on the river. We received EXCELLENT service in all areas - Sydney, our coordinator is the best - I would recommend the Roostertail as one of the best around - Their attention... Read More to detail and the fabulous staff make it the best!! We were absolutely delighted!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Janel W

With only months before I married my best friend, I needed some serious guidance to make the wedding of my dreams come true. When I met with Shawna two months before the wedding, she was well prepared and made me feel comfortable throughout the entire planning process... Read More considering the short time we had available to make it happen. Shawna was very professional and worked extremely well under pressure to plan and coordinate the big and the smallest details for our big day in less than three months. Throughout the weeks leading up the wedding, she went above and beyond the services required. The wedding day was as SPLENDID as I hoped it would be and more. My main goal was to not have to worry about anything during my wedding day and Shawna, her assistant Sydney and the entire Roostertail staff made that possible. My husband and I were overwhelmed with joy. The reception hall was decorated beautifully, glamorous with a touch of elegance. We were amazed by every small detail; it was truly everything we expected and more. My family and guests later commended on how professional and efficient Shawna was through the rehearsal and the follow though of the event. I would recommend the Roostertail to anyone looking to have a well-organized, thoroughly planned special event. We are blessed and beyond happy with how our perfect day turned out.

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Laura A

I just got married to the man of my dreams at The Roostertail! Even though I was nervous, and demanding through out the entire planning process, it turned out magical. The lighting was on point, the fountains and dance floor were perfect timing for my first dance! It was truly a... Read More Fairy tail Wedding. I recommend the waffle station- my guests loved it! Shawna is awesome, our wedding was on time and ran very smooth. She went above and beyond my expectations by designing a signature cocktail for my guests and adding the cutest decorations. Her assistant Amber was always very helpful. My husband and I want to thank the whole Roostertail staff for pulling together a beautiful wedding.

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Andrea T

Shawna was super helpful and accommodating. She made sure everything ran smoothly so we didn't have to take care of anything and could enjoy our day. It was perfect!

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Matthew T

My now wife and I hosted our wedding reception at The Rooster Tail in the Marine Room. It was an absolutely wonderful reception and one of the best days of our lives. We truly enjoyed the service, attention to detail, food, location, and decor. Shawna and Nicole made sure that... Read More everything was taken care of and we (the bride and groom) had little to worry about. Huge shout out to them for coordinating/planning! We would highly recommend this location for hosting a reception. It’s a diamond among the rough and truly allows for guests to really enjoy themselves on the Detroit riverfront.

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Kathy G

Our daughter's wedding was at the Roostertail last weekend, and everything turned out fantastic! Shawna was a big help in making sure everything turned out exactly as they wanted. Thanks!

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Jacquelyn C

Absolutely amazing place for our wedding! Hands down the best space for a wedding in Detroit. Tom and Shawna and the entire staff went out of their way to create the most memorable experience. They were very accommodating to our visions and the food was excellent. Nothing but... Read More praise and love for the Roostertail!

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Gabe B

Truly Amazing from start to finish We knew when we arrived at the venue this was best place for us. We wanted to space that was on its own fantastic. What we ended with blew our expectations through the roof and I owe Shawna and the entire roostertail team a HUGE thank you for... Read More making our dream wedding come true. From the start Shawna was patient and truly interested in making our day as special as it could be and worked with our budget to do so. It's hard to put down in a few words how thankful we are to everyone at the Roostertail for making this an amazing experience. If anyone is looking to have their wedding in Downtown Detroit, this is the place!

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Nano C

We just recently had my son and daughter in law's wedding at the roostertail and I cannot begin to explain how amazing everything was. Shawna is outstanding. She went above and beyond for us. Anything we needed, she always said yes without any hesitation. Everything went smooth.... Read More The hall was beautiful, food was delicious, staff was attentive and organized, lighting was perfect. Everything about the night was PERFECT! And we cannot thank Shawna enough because we could have not made this wedding as amazing as it was without her. Shawna paid attention to every single detail for the wedding and we cannot thank her enough !!! It was the most beautiful wedding

Reviewed on 8/11/2017 Celina P

Thank you to the Roostertail staff, especially Shawna, for making my wedding night flawless!

Reviewed on 4/16/2017 Kara A

My husband and I got married at the Roostertail on 6/11/16. Our ceremony was on the patio and the reception was in the Marine Room. We worked with Shawna and I honestly cannot even begin to describe how amazing she was to work with. My husband and I were blown away. Shawna is a... Read More true professional. She thought of every detail and helped ease all of my bridal worries. The Roostertail was the first and only venue we looked it. As soon as we saw it and met Shawna we were told. With the Roostertail you not only get a gorgeous venue, you can a dedicated staff that will ensure your wedding day is everything you want. Shawna was there the day of our wedding and because of that, we did not have to worry about a thing!

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Michele Y

If you're reading this, you must be considering having your wedding reception at the Roostertail. You really need to carefully check out this venue before you make such an important decision because I can't imagine there will be a more beautiful experience to be found anywhere... Read More else! My daughter just had her wedding reception here at the Roostertail co-ordinated by Shawna. My daughter wanted a winter wonderland reception with all the beauty and glitz this season offers and, did I mention, SHAWNA, helped make that dream come true? Everyone at the Roostertail is so friendly and sweet, no doubt. But Shawna, with her willingness to listen and her fun-loving flair made all the beauty come to life! The venue offers a yummy menu, an array of deco and centerpieces, gorgeous lighting, and an absolutely beautiful view of the water and skyline. Winter is such a touching season with the festivities of holiday and good cheer, family and close friends, which is just the perfect setting for your special day. And the Roostertail is just the place to bring it all together! The service staff is happy and helpful, the chief is superb, and the ambiance is glowing! Shawna worked with the vendors, covered all the details, and spent the entire evening making it all come together. My daughter had hoped for a soft snow-fall for her special evening but Mother Nature wasn't co-operating, so Shawna found a bubble machine that blew out snowflakes that she had fall from the second floor down as we all entered the foyer. Just beautiful! The evening was a magical experience that will be a cherished memory! Your special evening can be one too! Thank you Shawna~ God Bless you!

Reviewed on 11/25/2016

Brides: This is for you! I sent in an inquiry to the roostertail website along with many venues but, roostertail was the first to get back to me ( less than 4 hours) I was fortunate enough to get Shauna that called me for an appointment. She literally set up an appointment with... Read More us for the following night ( unheard of wen trying to view facilities), we were super excited. It didn't end there, everything we had read about the roostertail seemed to be true upon meeting with shauna. She was absolutely amazing. I am not sure where to start; other than to say; we weren't able to book the Roostertail for our wedding, as the date was sold out and we were set on the date because of our church availability and my fiancé's upcoming graduation in May next year. I have to start by saying we were close to actually looking away from our family church dates and considering the roostertail for both the ceremony and reception because of all that they offered. We had visited only other places but were confident we knew what we wanted; until we met shauna. when you look at how beautiful the roostertail is it gives new meaning to waterfront view ( real waterfront view), to custom chairs, centerpieces and thousands of dollars in lighting ( have looked into outside lighting guy and its expensive). None of this matters until you hear her express her "Love" for the roostertail and her personal experience there like years ago being married there but, we actually got to meet her on a weeknight when her event was already underway and she walked us through. She introduced us to staff, the owner of the roostertail and even the client that was having the party and we felt completely at ease. Ladies, I have to tell you after leaving the roostertail we went home and starting crunching numbers and all though it was a little out of our budget; we considered strongly asking our parents for the option of getting married at the roostertail with reception instead of the church and that didn't go well. I guess what I am trying to say to future brides and grooms is this " if you truly are looking for a guardian angel that will see to your every need in planning the perfect wedding" I would strongly suggest you seek out shauna to do so. we have done the math and although it sounds expensive by the time you do all the other expenses you will see they are extremely close based on the items not included with other venues. I would recommend the roostertail to anyone that is looking for a venue just based on our experience with shauna, the staff we encountered and the owner who was on site and a real treat with his history and stories that only my parents would recall; still cool. I haven't met one owner of one venue we visited except roostertail. That says a lot.

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Stacey H

Can not say enough about this venue, so beautiful. The staff was great, loved the food. Our daughter was married outside had cocktail party then reception inside. Her dream was to have a fairytale wedding/reception and she got what she wanted!!! I can not wait to see the... Read More pictures taken with all the twinkling lights, water, and lightening the Roostertail offers!!! Now onto SHAWNA, she is a ROCK STAR, she went above and beyond to make everything right. We never wanted or needed anything she had it covered. This girl is on top of everything. Thank you Shawna and to all your employees for making dreams come true!!!!!

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Giselle G

I love love love RoosterTail. I work in the special events industry and RoosterTail is one of my favorite venues. They are always a pleasure to work with and Shawna is so helpful. She truly makes you feel like your event is the only one that matters!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Stephanie S

Absolutely awesome! Got married on 7/15/16, our guests are still talking about our wedding, many have said it was the best wedding they have ever been to. Our pictures came out great, it is a beautiful place. Food was delish! Bridgette our coordinator was awesome, highly... Read More recommend her.

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Chamaine M

Roostertail was amazing! Bridgette was an absolute joy to work with. She made everything run smoothly and set up everything so beautifully. I had multiple compliments on how well the wedding was done and how fun and amazing the food was. I have a huge family and everyone I... Read More talked to said that our wedding was the best one they have been too. The Roostertail staff definitely made that possible. The staff is extremely professional and very helpful. I highly recommend Bridgette as your day of coordinator. She is great with communication and super helpful when picking out how you want your wedding to look. Thanks Roostertail for making our day so special. Highly recommend you check out this venue. We got married on 9/24/16 and it was beautiful.

Reviewed on 4/22/2016 Gina J

The Roostertail is an incredible venue! it truly is an icon in Detroit and the view is awesome! I am having my wedding in June and I recently attended their bridal tasting event and all I can say is WOW!! The event was absolutely amazing from beginning to end. Bridgette has... Read More truly been wonderful in every single way. She has made the experience of planning a wedding enjoyable and stress free. Bridgette goes above and beyond to make herself available to us and has been great at handling everything in preparation for our big day. I highly recommend the Roostertail!

Reviewed on 3/08/2016

We just celebrated our daughters wedding at the Roostertail...what a beautiful night that was!!! The lighting, food, tables, service, appetizers and bar were exceptional...we were more than pleased with everything...I want to do it over, i had so much fun..thanks so much for all... Read More your help Shawna, and the location on the water was simply beautiful and at night all the lights from Belle Isle to the bridge and downtown...what a sight to see...thanks so much for everything...

Reviewed on 3/03/2016

My daughter and her fiancee planned to have their December 2016 wedding reception at the Roostertail. They originally worked with a wedding planner, who recently left the Roostertail. They were concerned that the attention they had received would no longer be as great.... Read More However, they were directed to Shawna to work with, and she has been amazing! She is a good listener, a fun person, and will do everything she can to make your special day a cherished memory!

2016-03-03T10:39:38 Response from the vendor

Thank you, so very much. I know transitions from one coordinator to another can be nerve racking but, I also know the passion and commitment I have and I was extremely excited to meet all of you recently and look forward to the opportunity to... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/11/2015 Nikolina D

My husband, Andy, and I just had our wedding reception at the Roostertail... and it was perfect! From the rising dance floor and water fountains during our first dance to the delicious food and drinks, it was amazing! With all the decisions that go into planning a wedding, it... Read More was also really great to be able to choose from their extensive linens and center piece selections (included with the use of the venue). More importantly, we cannot thank Shawna, our wedding coordinator, enough for making our wedding everything we wanted it to be! She was incredibly responsive and helpful throughout the entire planning process and really made us feel special on our big day! Our family and friends cannot stop talking about how wonderful and beautiful the day was, and we completely agree! Shawna, thank you SO much!!!

2016-03-03T10:37:46 Response from the vendor

You & Andy were an absolute Delight to work with and I am truly sad that we wont have our late night meetings anymore. I wish you the very best and thank you for the wonderful sentiments.

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Rachel L

My husband and I were married and held our reception at the Roostertail in December of 2014. Everything was absolutely perfect <3 Justin was incredible to work with: fun and helpful and accessible. The standard winter decorations they put out are so incredibly beautiful and the... Read More benefits they include in their prices are well worth the cost.(food, dessert table, linens, centerpieces, chairs, lighting, event coordinator, etc.) Even the food was outstanding! Many of our guests stated that we held the most beautiful and best wedding they had ever been to, and I must thank the Roostertail for making it a team effort and making all of our wedding dreams come true! I highly recommend this venue!!!