Rosy's Jazz Hall

New Orleans, LA

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

For couples envisioning an Uptown New Orleans wedding celebration, Rosy’s Jazz Hall is a wedding and reception venue with legendary roots, fabulous flavors and meticulous service. This historic building was built in 1855 and was renovated by Rosy Wilson into Rosy’s Jazz Hall in the 1970s when it played host to many legendary musicians. Located on Valence Street at the corner of Tchoupitoulas, the property was later restored and renovated in 1998 by its current owner and offers its beautiful indoor atrium venue and hall for weddings and receptions with 75 to 300 guests. An outdoor courtyard venue is also available for wedding ceremonies with a maximum of 200 guests.

The two-story indoor atrium venue is intimate with loved ones gathered in the gallery below and filling the balcony above. Two towering ficus trees grow in the middle of the atrium and lofty floor to ceiling windows at the front of the atrium continue the open feel of the space. Exposed brick walls, ceramic tile floors and classic dark woods tie it all together for a romantic ambiance. For the ceremony, the capacity is 200, with some guests seated, plus balcony viewing.

Afterwards, the party begins as the band takes the stage in the hall. The flow of the space encourages mingling and conversation as guests enjoy fresh and delicious cuisine, open bar and the large dance floor just in front of the stage.

An outdoor courtyard patio provides a quieter oasis for guests to step outside for fresh air during the festivities. Lantern post lighting, stone tile pavers, brick planters and trellised garden walls frame this charming spot, also ideal for an intimate ceremony.

Events booked at Rosy’s Jazz Hall are all-inclusive with full in-house catering and bar as well as event management and wedding coordination from their team of seasoned pros. The wedding coordinator plans and hosts the wedding and reception with couples, assisting in finding vendors and entertainment. She even coordinates the rehearsal.

All of the catering needs are handled by the staff of in-house chefs and overseen by the catering and event manager who helps plan the menu with couples. Rosy’s Jazz Hall offers four New Orleans Wedding Reception menus to choose from with diverse options from traditional classics to savory dishes, all artfully presented fresh from the kitchen. All four menus include one hour of hot and cold hors d'oeuvres, two-and-a-half hour buffet service and three-hour open bar serving call brands, red and white wines and domestic bottled beer.

These additional perks are included with each wedding reception menu:

• Professional, friendly servers and bartending staff
  • Wrought-iron décor accents for buffet presentation
  • Tables, chairs, white linens, china, glass and silverware

Truly LEGENDARY New Orleans Weddings

Many remember Rosy’s from its heyday in the 1970’s as a music venue. It is now host to legendary weddings and receptions with on site catering. Rosy's features an old New Orleans ambiance, with hardwood floors, brick walls, an outdoor patio, and an indoor atrium with a French Quarter-style balcony.

Ballroom

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment

500 Valence St, New Orleans, LA (504) 896-7679

THE BEST!!

Reviewed on 7/03/2013 brittany m

This venue was the perfect size and perfect ambiance for our destination, laid back wedding. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Steve and Darlene. As a professional event planner, it is difficult for me to hand over the reigns... but the stellar client service and... Read More expertise of Steve and Darlene made it very easy to do. They are a well oiled machine and a joy to work with. I could not have asked for a better experience and so glad we shared our wedding with them at Rosy's Jazz Hall!! - Brittany M. Wolcott

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Amy G

I can't even start to express my gratitude towards Steve and Darlene for creating the absolute perfect wedding for us. It honestly exceeded our expectations; not only is the venue honestly the most beautiful venue I've EVER seen, but the entire operation was a well oiled... Read More machine. There's no one I would trust to pull off such a production more than Darlene, and we feel so lucky we had the opportunity to have her with us throughout the process, right by our sides. The vendors were contacted and coordinated by Darlene the week prior, and she even reviewed contracts before as we were honing in on vendors. At the wedding, she let me know that she's "the only person who wears a watch," and did her best to keep an icy cocktail in my hand throughout the night. After the reception, she had all of the things we had to take from the venue all packed and ready to go, and most importantly, made sure it got to the right people (God knows I couldn't be trusted with that at that point). They truly made us feel special and attended to throughout everything. All of our guests were raving about the uniqueness of the hall, and the delicious food. The bartenders were efficient and awesome, I could tell they were having fun with us, and that meant a lot. They made this process an absolute breeze; all I had to do was show up and have a blast.

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Brittany W

I cannot say enough good things about this reception hall. I worked at a wedding reception hall for years, so with my experience I was very picky and had high expectations. Rosy's has completely outdone themselves. Steve got back to me on every email, phone call within hours.... Read More Darlene was a general and had everything organized to the minute, she lined up my vendors and took care of everything for the day of. The staff was so friendly, and they were working a double that day. In that industry, doubles are so exhausting! It was the little things we appreciated, for example, during our second line all of the staff came out and waived at us, throwing streamers in the air, clapping and making sure we had fun. They genuinely looked excited for us. There was always a tray being passed around, no one went hungry. I never had to ask for a drink or a bottle of water. The food was 5 star restaurant quality, nothing was frozen and dumped into a fryer. My guests were raving on how good the food was. The best part about the food was that we actually got to eat it!! Darlene whisked us away upstairs to give us a breather and there was a table set for two. Besides the service and the food, the venue itself is just gorgeous. I wanted a vintage New Orleans feel, with the band we hired it was like we were thrown back in time to a 1940's Jazz club. It was perfect, my vision came to life. I could seriously go on and on about this company. I would definitely recommend Rosy's

2016-09-28T13:57:26 Response from the vendor

Wow, Thanks for a stellar review! The double went really well I thought. Everything re set and clean for you and your guests. Thanks again for choosing Rosy's!

Reviewed on 5/07/2017 Katie D

Beautiful venue. Great pricing. Extremely helpful with planning and making sure everything goes smoothly. I'm so happy we chose Rosy's.

Reviewed on 4/27/2017 Nikki M

We could not have had a more seamless experience having our wedding at Rosy's. I know many have said it before, but it could not be more true: Darlene is AMAZING - She provided an excellent vendor list, a checklist to help us keep track of everything and is incredibly sweet to... Read More boot! Steve's food is AMAZING - The crawfish beignets, jambalaya, and he even made a little something off the menu for my husband and I. The venue is BEAUTIFUL. We chose to have our wedding indoors at night and the pictures turned our wonderful, mostly in part due to the gorgeous backdrop that Rosy's provides (just be prepared if indoors at night, your photog will light you up with the force of the sun!). My friends are still raving about it all. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 3/13/2017 Jackie B

We couldn't have had a more wonderful or smoother experience with Rosy's Jazz Hall. Darlene and Steve were BEYOND helpful and made things run so well. Darlene was in contact with all the vendors he week before the wedding to confirm that they would be there to set everything up.... Read More Honestly, I don't have a single complaint! The groom is from Ohio, so half of the wedding guests were from out of town and were really stunned by how awesome the wedding/reception were. And we owed so much of that to Rosy's ambiance and party atmosphere!

Reviewed on 3/12/2017 Jasmine H

I highly recommend Rosy's Jazz Hall if you're considering getting married in New Orleans. My husband and I both loved the unique ambiance of the venue - it is incredibly beautiful, it just feels like New Orleans, and it gave our wedding a cosy intimacy that we really enjoyed.... Read More In terms of planning for our wedding, Darlene and Steve were extremely helpful. In the months leading up to the wedding, Darlene provided vendor lists for everything that we asked, and made sure that we were planning all the things that we needed to. She was also great in helping us to figure out the step-by-step details that would make our special day go off without a hitch (even though we were pretty clueless). On the actual day, we had a blast, and so did our guests. Everything went smoothly, and we just enjoyed a fantastic party! The food was delicious (Darlene made sure we got to eat between the ceremony and the reception), the venue was gorgeous (even with minimal additional decorations), and all the staff were incredibly helpful. We had several guests comment that it was one of the most fun weddings they had ever been to - so a huge thank you to everyone at Rosy's Jazz Hall!

Reviewed on 2/14/2017 Kate F

WOW! Our experience at Rosy's was magical...Darlene and Steve are a dream team! They were both so easy to work with, very accommodating, and our night went off flawlessly! It was perfect! They had every tiny little detail accounted for. Also, my favorite moment with my... Read More husband throughout the night was the dinner that they prepared for just the two of us. :-) Cannot say enough wonderful things about this place! Highly Recommend!

Reviewed on 2/14/2017 Lindsey C

Our reception at Rosy's was THE BEST and all of our guests (most came from out of town) had a complete blast and can't stop talking about it. Steve and Darlene are awesome and they will go out of their way to make sure that everything is just how you want it and you don't have... Read More to worry about anything. The food was great and people loved it, and the bar was perfect. We had about 100 guests and it was the perfect size. I wouldn't change a thing! I definitely recommend Rosy's to anyone who is looking for a reception venue!

Reviewed on 12/21/2016 Elizabeth M

The second I found Rosy's Jazz Hall online, I knew it was going to be the perfect place to have our wedding reception! When I saw it in person, I was in awe. Their wedding coordinator, Darlene, was amazing and she did everything to make sure that our night went smoothly! The... Read More food was delish, the drinks were premium, the atmosphere was classic New Orleans, and the prices were unbeatable! When arriving on our wedding day, they brought us up to their loft on the second floor and brought us a plate of each food option and our favorite drinks. It gave my new husband and I a moment to reflect on our wedding ceremony and most importantly- EAT! They have a private restroom up there to freshen up and get ready to party the night away. I could not recommend Rosy's enough!

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Cherie L

We had a church wedding and then followed with our reception at Rosy's Jazz Hall. Darlene made me feel completely at ease with the entire process - I was able to bring in some of my own special decor items and make it feel unique to us, which was important to me. The stage is... Read More also SO IDEAL for live music - very old school, retro feeling, and we had a blast with our friends' band playing. Everyone was raving about the food, the drinks and fun bartenders, the beautiful atmosphere of the venue, and how overall unique the experience was. Our out-of-town guests, many of who were experiencing a Southern wedding for the first time, got an absolute kick out of all of it. A few other smaller things - we had a daytime wedding and I initially chose Rosy's because I loved the atrium and how you didn't feel like you were going in to a black-hole-wedding-reception-venue where you walk out, blinking your eyes. The daylight and the greenery really contributed to the ambience of our daytime celebration. Another thing - I loved that all of the food is simply taken care of. And it's SO GOOD. Not having to worry about a caterer was such a big perk for us. Lastly, the location makes it so easy for guests in cars. As someone who had a lot of family driving in from nearby, not dealing with the French Quarter was a big part of my decision to go with Rosy's initially - and there is no lack of character here! I would choose this venue over and over again for our wedding. It was perfect!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Erica P

Amazing, beautiful venue. Darlene and Steve are great. Darlene's attention to detail and know all take so much pressure and stress off the bride. The place has a great old New Orleans feel and requires little to no decorations. Everyone had a blast at our wedding. The food and... Read More drinks were flowing, and there were plenty table and chairs (lack of seating being a personal pet peeve at weddings). Highly, highly recommend.

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 Emily B

Darlene and Steve were incredible. Darlene acts as an on-site wedding coordinator, and she is very helpful and responsive well before the day-of. She contacts all vendors, collects information easily, and is one of the friendliest and warmest people I got to work with during our... Read More wedding. She knows the business inside and out - and basically any band, florist, baker, etc. in NOLA - so you are set! Steve has a chef's background and the food is awesome. Get in there. Would highly recommend Rosy's - it's the perfect combination of casual and classy. They were really flexible and take great care of you (especially getting you some food, a quick moment before you see all your guests, etc.) Very NOLA feel and affordable. Loved every minute.

Reviewed on 7/12/2016 Nicole D

We couldn't have picked a better venue. Darlene and Steve were so helpful and were there to answer any questions quickly and offer suggestions on planning. We wanted a fun venue with character and this was perfect. We had several guests in from out of town and they have been... Read More raving about the friendliness of the staff and they can't stop talking about the food. I loved that I didn't have to sweat too much over decor and that it was all inclusive. Darlene kept us on schedule the whole time but also ensured we had fun. We couldn't have been happier.

Reviewed on 6/27/2016 Laura S

I was SO happy and pleased with everything at Rosy's! Darlene and Steve were extremely responsive to any questions and they made the night move so seamlessly. I do not have one complaint..my guests had a great time, the food was phenomenal and the atmosphere was just what we... Read More wanted- a fun party with old hollywood glam. It was just wonderful. I was a little worried because we had around 80 guests and some would be standing during the ceremony, but the way the venue is arranged no one felt left out and it made the ceremony space seem so intimate. I planned my wedding from Texas, but it was no stress because everything you need is already at Rosy's. I would get married here all over again..compared to the other venues we toured in NOLA no one came close to Rosy's atmosphere or pricing. What a great place!

Reviewed on 6/07/2016 Caroline C

Had my wedding here on 5/29/16. Everything went flawlessly. Darlene and Steve really know how to do the perfect wedding. Staff was great and I really can't think of anything negative to say at all. Great time had by all! I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed on 5/02/2016

We fell in love with Rosy's the second we saw it and Steve, Darlene and the staff delivered an absolutely perfect evening! Our daughter and son-in-law glowed all night and they are still glowing today. The food was great and Darlene simply took control of everything and... Read More handled it easily and flawlessly. She is the top of the heap! All in all, wedding perfection!!

Reviewed on 4/18/2016 Michelle F

Rosy's was AMAZING!!! I have zero complaints. I have always been overwhelmed by planning a wedding and my wedding being "too much," and I can't even express how perfect Rosy's ended up being for me. Beautiful, laid back, so fun. Darlene was absolutely wonderful and pretty much... Read More took care of everything. She thought of things I NEVER would have thought of and was up for anything and super supportive of everything we wanted to do. I am still glowing from my wedding and I honestly don't think I would have been as satisfied anywhere else.

Reviewed on 4/03/2016 Kate G

Chris and I could not have picked a more perfect place to have our wedding! From the start Steve and Darlene were quick to respond and had lots of options. Our guests all commented on how beautiful the hall was and how wonderful the staff was. Food was the BEST! Specially... Read More the fried oysters. Yum! Bartenders kept the drinks flowing wonderfully too. Darlene is so amazing! She was very organized and calm and thought of all the little details that even this A type personality bride didn't think of 😊 she worked with all our vendors and made our night totally stress free and a ton of fun. I highly recommend Rosy's!

Reviewed on 2/01/2016 Caroline S

My husband and I loved working with Darlene at Rosy's Jazz Hall. She was super organized, incredibly kind and helpful. The venue is lovely for a smaller wedding. There was plenty of space to dance and party, but also good areas to get away from the crowd and relax. I would... Read More highly recommend using them for your event!

Reviewed on 12/26/2015

Rosy's was incredible!! I could not have asked for nicer people to work with. Darlene is a superstar. She was there every step of the way recommending other vendors and providing guidance on how to make the day go smoothly. The atrium provided such a beautiful space to have... Read More our ceremony and our pictures look incredible. Looking up and seeing your family and friends standing around the top balcony was truly special. This venue is also wonderful because it is very inclusive - food, plates and flatware, tables, linens, lighting for the band, bar, servers, etc. New Orleans was a destination wedding for me and it was so comforting knowing that Darlene and Steve were handling big pieces of the wedding day. LOVE LOVE LOVE ROSY'S!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 jessica a

WOW! We had our wedding here and were 150% satisfied. Darlene and Steve were incredibly easy to work with throughout the whole process and boy do they know what they are doing! The reception was the least stressful part of my wedding because I knew it was in good hands with... Read More them. Everything went so smoothly. The food at Rosy's is amazingly delicious & not to mention fresh! the venue speaks for itself - absolutely beautiful and full of character. I can't believe how perfect everything was and I would love to do it all over again! Thanks Darlene and Steve for making our wedding the best day of our lives! Book Rosy's you will not be disappointed - they deserve 20 stars :)

Reviewed on 10/20/2015

I loved absolutely everything about Rosy's. Steve is great to work with on your initial meet and greet. He is such a nice guy and so easy to work with. Once you get started you begin working with Darlene who is AMAZING! As an out of town bride Darlene could not have... Read More possibly done more to make this an easy process for me. She is a free coordinator and she coordinates absolutely everything! The week prior to my wedding she was in contact with our different vendors and entertainment. I didn't have to worry about a thing! Rosy's is an amazing place. The only decorations needed are flowers! The building itself has so much character! My guests raved about the building, the food and the staff! It has been 4 months since our event and people are still talking about how much they loved it! After looking into multiple venues I am so glad that I chose Rosy's. A lot of other places charge you the majority of your money for just the venue rental. Then you have to pay separately for food, alcohol, tables, chairs, etc... Rosy's takes care of all of that for one price that you cannot beat. I cannot express how much appreciation I have for Rosy's and their entire staff. My wedding was absolutely perfect in every possible way and I really owe that all to Rosy's!

Labor Day Wedding Perfection!

Reviewed on 10/01/2015 Kayla H

From the moment we went to look at Rosy's to our wedding day (and even the day after) Darlene and Steve were amazing in every way. They easily subbed items on the menu, worked with our requests and offered advice to any questions we had. The place itself is gorgeous. We had... Read More our ceremony in the atrium and it couldn't have been more perfect. The reception room is great as well and looks gorgeous decorated and set up. Darlene is wonderfully talented. She handles vendors, families and the bride and groom with ease. She's done many weddings and knows what works. The planner she sends is amazingly helpful and the day of Darlene is the most calming presence. The food is great- not stereotypical wedding food at all. Everything is hot and delicious. Rosy's is the most amazing venue. I can't say enough about it and would tell everyone and anyone to book it ASAP!

Reviewed on 9/05/2015

Darlene (wedding coordinator) and Steve (owner) are masters of their craft. My husband and I got married there on 8/1/15 and all of our guests raved about the venue, food (said it was the best wedding food they have EVER had) and drinks. It has a cute courtyard area for some... Read More outdoor space, flexible and affordable menu options, and the staff was simply 5 star. Darlene has done hundreds of weddings which really put us at ease. She knows her stuff and she knows what it takes to put on a successful, seamless event. She was quick to respond to all communication, was extremely professional and truly made us feel like she cared about us and the success of our event. We definitely didn't feel like we were just another couple on the schedule getting married and a very personalized experience. Get married at Rosy's Jazz Hall for that authentic, New Orleans wedding that your guests will talk about for time to come. We are SO happy we did!