Book Your Wedding with Rosy's Jazz Hall

For couples envisioning an Uptown New Orleans wedding celebration, Rosy’s Jazz Hall is a wedding and reception venue with legendary roots, fabulous flavors and meticulous service. This historic building was built in 1855 and was renovated by Rosy Wilson into Rosy’s Jazz Hall in the 1970s when it played host to many legendary musicians. Located on Valence Street at the corner of Tchoupitoulas, the property was later restored and renovated in 1998 by its current owner and offers its beautiful indoor atrium venue and hall for weddings and receptions with 75 to 300 guests. An outdoor courtyard venue is also available for wedding ceremonies with a maximum of 200 guests.

The two-story indoor atrium venue is intimate with loved ones gathered in the gallery below and filling the balcony above. Two towering ficus trees grow in the middle of the atrium and lofty floor to ceiling windows at the front of the atrium continue the open feel of the space. Exposed brick walls, ceramic tile floors and classic dark woods tie it all together for a romantic ambiance. For the ceremony, the capacity is 200, with some guests seated, plus balcony viewing.

Afterwards, the party begins as the band takes the stage in the hall. The flow of the space encourages mingling and conversation as guests enjoy fresh and delicious cuisine, open bar and the large dance floor just in front of the stage.

An outdoor courtyard patio provides a quieter oasis for guests to step outside for fresh air during the festivities. Lantern post lighting, stone tile pavers, brick planters and trellised garden walls frame this charming spot, also ideal for an intimate ceremony.

Events booked at Rosy’s Jazz Hall are all-inclusive with full in-house catering and bar as well as event management and wedding coordination from their team of seasoned pros. The wedding coordinator plans and hosts the wedding and reception with couples, assisting in finding vendors and entertainment. She even coordinates the rehearsal.

All of the catering needs are handled by the staff of in-house chefs and overseen by the catering and event manager who helps plan the menu with couples. Rosy’s Jazz Hall offers four New Orleans Wedding Reception menus to choose from with diverse options from traditional classics to savory dishes, all artfully presented fresh from the kitchen. All four menus include one hour of hot and cold hors d'oeuvres, two-and-a-half hour buffet service and three-hour open bar serving call brands, red and white wines and domestic bottled beer.

These additional perks are included with each wedding reception menu:

• Professional, friendly servers and bartending staff
  • Wrought-iron décor accents for buffet presentation
  • Tables, chairs, white linens, china, glass and silverware

Truly LEGENDARY New Orleans Weddings

Many remember Rosy’s from its heyday in the 1970’s as a music venue. It is now host to legendary weddings and receptions with on site catering. Rosy's features an old New Orleans ambiance, with hardwood floors, brick walls, an outdoor patio, and an indoor atrium with a French Quarter-style balcony.

Interfaith Ceremony, Non-Religious Ceremony, Religious Ceremony, Second Wedding

Ballroom, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100
7504f472 fbdf 4115 a317 0a8fdec1b4a5~rs 100

500 Valence St, New Orleans, LA (504) 896-7679

Reviewed on 7/03/2013 brittany m

This venue was the perfect size and perfect ambiance for our destination, laid back wedding. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Steve and Darlene. As a professional event planner, it is difficult for me to hand over the reigns... but the stellar client service and... Read More expertise of Steve and Darlene made it very easy to do. They are a well oiled machine and a joy to work with. I could not have asked for a better experience and so glad we shared our wedding with them at Rosy's Jazz Hall!! - Brittany M. Wolcott

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Amy G

I can't even start to express my gratitude towards Steve and Darlene for creating the absolute perfect wedding for us. It honestly exceeded our expectations; not only is the venue honestly the most beautiful venue I've EVER seen, but the entire operation was a well oiled... Read More machine. There's no one I would trust to pull off such a production more than Darlene, and we feel so lucky we had the opportunity to have her with us throughout the process, right by our sides. The vendors were contacted and coordinated by Darlene the week prior, and she even reviewed contracts before as we were honing in on vendors. At the wedding, she let me know that she's "the only person who wears a watch," and did her best to keep an icy cocktail in my hand throughout the night. After the reception, she had all of the things we had to take from the venue all packed and ready to go, and most importantly, made sure it got to the right people (God knows I couldn't be trusted with that at that point). They truly made us feel special and attended to throughout everything. All of our guests were raving about the uniqueness of the hall, and the delicious food. The bartenders were efficient and awesome, I could tell they were having fun with us, and that meant a lot. They made this process an absolute breeze; all I had to do was show up and have a blast.

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Brittany W

I cannot say enough good things about this reception hall. I worked at a wedding reception hall for years, so with my experience I was very picky and had high expectations. Rosy's has completely outdone themselves. Steve got back to me on every email, phone call within hours.... Read More Darlene was a general and had everything organized to the minute, she lined up my vendors and took care of everything for the day of. The staff was so friendly, and they were working a double that day. In that industry, doubles are so exhausting! It was the little things we appreciated, for example, during our second line all of the staff came out and waived at us, throwing streamers in the air, clapping and making sure we had fun. They genuinely looked excited for us. There was always a tray being passed around, no one went hungry. I never had to ask for a drink or a bottle of water. The food was 5 star restaurant quality, nothing was frozen and dumped into a fryer. My guests were raving on how good the food was. The best part about the food was that we actually got to eat it!! Darlene whisked us away upstairs to give us a breather and there was a table set for two. Besides the service and the food, the venue itself is just gorgeous. I wanted a vintage New Orleans feel, with the band we hired it was like we were thrown back in time to a 1940's Jazz club. It was perfect, my vision came to life. I could seriously go on and on about this company. I would definitely recommend Rosy's

2016-09-28T13:57:26 Response from the vendor

Wow, Thanks for a stellar review! The double went really well I thought. Everything re set and clean for you and your guests. Thanks again for choosing Rosy's!

Reviewed on 2/28/2018 Jinny B

This place is just lovely! It was everything I was looking for and then some!!! I love, love, love the history behind it and I love that it’s so beautiful you don’t need to decorate very much! The food was delicious and the staff was wonderful! Steve and Darlene were so easy to... Read More work with and so very accommodating! It was so nice to not have to worry about things being taken care of the day off, because I knew Darlene would have it under control!

Reviewed on 2/21/2018 Jess G

The venue was simply beautiful! We had a pretty small intimate wedding with lots of guests from out of town. They were all so impressed with how pretty and unique the venue was! Everyone loved the food! My husband and I were completely taken care of throughout the night! Darlene... Read More is simply the best! If she's there, you don't have to worry about anything! We are so glad we picked Rosy's!

Reviewed on 2/05/2018 Jennifer C

Rosy's. There are no words for how fantastic this place really is. Pictures and videos do not do it justice--it's so much more incredible in person than you can imagine. There is such character and life in this space--it's not like every other cookie cutter wedding venue. It's... Read More really something special. My husband and I got married here last December as a destination wedding (we're from New York). As a mixed race couple, it was hard to find a space that seemed to be sensitive to the long histories of our families (hard to do in the south): Perhaps the icing on the cake is the wonderful inclusive history of Rosy's Jazz Hall. All of our guests continue to comment on how incredible the venue was, from the food to the staff, the ambiance, everything! Darlene and Steve were so kind and helpful throughout the entire process and really took care of us. We could not be more grateful to them for everything. The night was worth every penny we spent and then some. Pro for budget/DIY brides: There is no need to add any additional decor to this already gorgeous space. We went with simple, small homemade centerpieces and just added a little flair to the gift table. People still commented on how beautifully decorated the venue was. Could not possibly recommend Rosy's more. It was THE MOST perfect day we could have imagined.

Reviewed on 1/21/2018 Chad G

Sarah and I got married at Rosy’s on Sunday, 11/19/17, and we could not have asked for better! We wondered what challenges we might encounter trying to plan a wedding from out of town, but Darlene did an amazing job of alleviating those concerns to help create a phenomenal... Read More evening for us and our guests. Darlene, Steve, and the entire Rosy’s staff – we cannot thank all of you enough for the incredible evening! The food was delicious, and the bartenders were spot on with the drinks, especially the bride and groom cocktails we designated for the reception. While we were thanking people for coming to our wedding, our guests in turn thanked US, commenting on the beauty of the venue, the accommodating staff, and just how much fun they had overall. There is truly no way to fully state just how wonderful Rosy’s is for a wedding!! Darlene – again, thank you! Sarah and I consider you part of the family and will send you a copy of the wedding pictures we took with you once they come in!!

Reviewed on 1/10/2018 Jeanette K

I am the second daughter in our family to use Rosy's for her wedding, so I already knew it was an exceptional venue. As expected, everything was perfect and seamless. The food was delicious, the drinks were flowing, the staff was professional, and Darlene made sure everything... Read More happened as it should. Our guests can't stop talking about how great our wedding was, and a huge part of that is because of the venue. Thank you Darlene and Steve for taking the stress off of our shoulders, so that we could truly enjoy our night!

Reviewed on 12/01/2017 Allison E

I can't say enough good things about Rosy's! It was truly an amazing experience working with Darlene and Steve. The whole process was stress free and everything turned out beautiful! We had our ceremony in the Courtyard and reception in both areas. The venue is gorgeous!... Read More The food was delicious and the service was fantastic. Besides my husband it was the best decision I made for my wedding! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! I hope another friend gets married there so I can go back:)

Reviewed on 11/19/2017 Nori K

Our wedding at Rosy’s Jazz Hall was AMAZING—I can’t recommend this place enough. The venue feels cozy, intimate, and casual—a really lovely space. Darlene and Steve are awesome—the food was delicious and Darlene kept everything rolling perfectly throughout the night. Darlene... Read More was very helpful in the planning process; she responded promptly to all our emails and sent over lists of vendor suggestions whenever we asked. When wedding day came around, Darlene had everything figured out before we had to ask, so things went much more smoothly than I ever expected. She is a true professional and knows weddings inside and out, which made it easy to work with her and explain what we wanted. We were thrilled with the lively party with great music and tasty food, and our guests kept telling us how much fun they were having. Super happy with Darlene and Steve and Rosy’s as a venue—would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a fun place for a wedding!

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Colleen S

Holy moly, Rosy's is the way to go!! We got married at 6pm on 10/28/17 in the atrium and it was exactly as beautiful as I knew it'd be. I was told there was a gorgeous sunset behind us (I was too in the moment to notice haha) but the lighting at that time was perfect and that... Read More room with some candles and those trees transforms into this romantic, intimate space. It was stunning. The reception was so much fun. My guests all talked about how fun the bartenders were and, wow, Darlene is the BEST. Darlene really, really took care of things. I am a huge worrier and get really overwhelmed being center of attention, always wanting to make sure everyone is taken care of and Darlene completely took that worry off my hands. She was so on top of the schedule and all the details, was engaged with all the guests making sure everyone was having a great time, and got me drinks when I didn't have one in hand. Any time I started to worry about something she appeared and handled it. I'm just sad I didn't have her at my rehearsal dinner! Rosy's had the best bar offering of any of the venues we saw in New Orleans (most specifically they were the only bar that offered Jameson which was an absolute necessity for my husband) and they totally delivered with serving drinks. Of course, I hardly ate a thing with all the excitement but the spread was expansive and everyone was fed and happy and loved the food. The venue really is gorgeous and so unique. Pictures don't do it justice. Some of my favorite moments were being in the upstairs suite with Darlene taking care of business, making sure our marriage license was signed, kicking our witnesses out, making sure we had our favorite drinks and giving us some time to eat and be alone. When we came downstairs she had rounded up our bridal party for our big entrance and everyone was gushing about how amazing everything was and I was just SO happy. This is the perfect venue for a crowd looking to dance and have a good time. This was a destination wedding for us (we live in NYC) and our NYC group — largely comprised of people in show biz or the music/entertainment industry — had the time of their lives. I want to do it all over again!!

2017-11-14T14:00:24 Response from the vendor

Colleen, Thank you so much for the kind words. Darlene will be thrilled! It was good to have you all here. Joe and the boys all looked good too but You were just the most beautiful Bride! Thanks again for choosing Rosy's It was good... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/05/2017 David C

My husband and I got married at Rosys 9/30/17, and it was absolutely everything we could have asked for. From the beginning, Steve was so easy to work with in finding a time for us to come see Rosy's, and picking the right food and alcohol for our party. They also gave us... Read More excellent recommendations for vendors - band, transportation, etc. that made booking everything else easy. They were helpful along the way as well, sending us a full planner to be sure we were ready for our wedding day to run smoothly. When we met Darlene (event coordinator) at the rehearsal, she sat down and went through everything with us to make she we were all on the same page. She did a phenomenal job of making sure everyone was in their place and everything went as planned on the wedding day, all while maintaining her fun and spunky personality. She knows exactly what she is doing and will make your day exactly what you want it to be. After the ceremony we had time to eat alone upstairs which was nice, and as soon as we were ready we went down stairs and joined the party. Everyone at our wedding raved about the cool venue, delicious food, and the awesome music. The bartenders did an fantastic job, and could really make some good drinks (not just your typical wedding bar). We really could not have asked for anything to go any better than it did, and are so happy that we chose Rosy's. Thank you Steve, Darlene, and staff!

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Nato T

Not only is this space beautiful and versatile but the staff and venue coordinator are super friendly and on point! Especially Darlene Chehardy. She is always one step in front of the game helping out . Had such an amazing time there!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Shannon W

Ugh! Where do i begin? I met with Steve and Darlene about a year and a half ago, and fell in love with the venue. I picked October 7 for my wedding day. And what do you know, but days before I get married, hurricane nate is headed towards new orleans! Initially I was going to... Read More keep my start time the same, but Steve and Darlene recommended I push up the time by a couple of hours. So, I start calling all of my guests the day before to inform them. Not a big deal. A few hours later, I hear that the mayor issued a curfew for the impending hurricane which directly conflicted with my NEW start time. So I get a call from Steve saying that I can either push up the start time AGAIN, reschedule for the next day, reschedule for another date altogether or cancel the wedding. I was so upset at that point, I didn't know what to do. So I made the choice to push up the time AGAIN. Here we go... got to call all the guests again to inform them of the new start time. Some of the guests cancelled, or left early, which was no fault of rosy's. Darlene started getting on the phones to inform all the vendors of the new start time. After all of the drama with the hurricane, we still had a lot of guests show up and they all said they had the best time. Darlene made sure that I always had a drink in my hand. It may sound cheesy, but Darlene and Steve went the extra mile to be flexible, and that meant the world to me! I had so much fun and I would recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Bruce L

Had a fantastic experience with the staff at Rosy's. In our wedding planning, all their costs were upfront and so very reasonable compared to other venues in town. The menu and venue options were well organized. In our ceremony planning, Darlene and Steve really did an A+ job... Read More helping us get everything laid out and expectations communicated. For the actual day of the wedding--we didn't have to worry about a thing. For those of you that want to focus on your wedding and partying down with your family and friends, Rosy's is ideal. The food and drinks were A+. Paying for the second tier of food and drinks was well worth it! If we ever have a need to host a big party, we'll come back to Rosy's as well.

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Julie I

Rosy's is absolutely amazing. The venue itself is gorgeous. As soon as I walked in for the tour, I knew Rosy's was the perfect place for us. Darlene, Steve, and the Rosy's staff, make everything so easy and beautiful. I wanted to enjoy my wedding with no stress and that's what I... Read More got. The food is incredible. Everyone I have talked to says it is the best wedding food they've ever had. Also, the bar and bar staff are wonderful! I love Rosy's so much and will cherish the memories we made there forever.

Reviewed on 5/07/2017 Katie D

Beautiful venue. Great pricing. Extremely helpful with planning and making sure everything goes smoothly. I'm so happy we chose Rosy's.

Reviewed on 4/27/2017 Nikki M

We could not have had a more seamless experience having our wedding at Rosy's. I know many have said it before, but it could not be more true: Darlene is AMAZING - She provided an excellent vendor list, a checklist to help us keep track of everything and is incredibly sweet to... Read More boot! Steve's food is AMAZING - The crawfish beignets, jambalaya, and he even made a little something off the menu for my husband and I. The venue is BEAUTIFUL. We chose to have our wedding indoors at night and the pictures turned our wonderful, mostly in part due to the gorgeous backdrop that Rosy's provides (just be prepared if indoors at night, your photog will light you up with the force of the sun!). My friends are still raving about it all. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 3/13/2017 Jackie B

We couldn't have had a more wonderful or smoother experience with Rosy's Jazz Hall. Darlene and Steve were BEYOND helpful and made things run so well. Darlene was in contact with all the vendors he week before the wedding to confirm that they would be there to set everything up.... Read More Honestly, I don't have a single complaint! The groom is from Ohio, so half of the wedding guests were from out of town and were really stunned by how awesome the wedding/reception were. And we owed so much of that to Rosy's ambiance and party atmosphere!

Reviewed on 3/12/2017 Jasmine H

I highly recommend Rosy's Jazz Hall if you're considering getting married in New Orleans. My husband and I both loved the unique ambiance of the venue - it is incredibly beautiful, it just feels like New Orleans, and it gave our wedding a cosy intimacy that we really enjoyed.... Read More In terms of planning for our wedding, Darlene and Steve were extremely helpful. In the months leading up to the wedding, Darlene provided vendor lists for everything that we asked, and made sure that we were planning all the things that we needed to. She was also great in helping us to figure out the step-by-step details that would make our special day go off without a hitch (even though we were pretty clueless). On the actual day, we had a blast, and so did our guests. Everything went smoothly, and we just enjoyed a fantastic party! The food was delicious (Darlene made sure we got to eat between the ceremony and the reception), the venue was gorgeous (even with minimal additional decorations), and all the staff were incredibly helpful. We had several guests comment that it was one of the most fun weddings they had ever been to - so a huge thank you to everyone at Rosy's Jazz Hall!

Reviewed on 2/14/2017 Kate F

WOW! Our experience at Rosy's was magical...Darlene and Steve are a dream team! They were both so easy to work with, very accommodating, and our night went off flawlessly! It was perfect! They had every tiny little detail accounted for. Also, my favorite moment with my... Read More husband throughout the night was the dinner that they prepared for just the two of us. :-) Cannot say enough wonderful things about this place! Highly Recommend!

Reviewed on 2/14/2017 Lindsey C

Our reception at Rosy's was THE BEST and all of our guests (most came from out of town) had a complete blast and can't stop talking about it. Steve and Darlene are awesome and they will go out of their way to make sure that everything is just how you want it and you don't have... Read More to worry about anything. The food was great and people loved it, and the bar was perfect. We had about 100 guests and it was the perfect size. I wouldn't change a thing! I definitely recommend Rosy's to anyone who is looking for a reception venue!

Reviewed on 12/21/2016 Elizabeth M

The second I found Rosy's Jazz Hall online, I knew it was going to be the perfect place to have our wedding reception! When I saw it in person, I was in awe. Their wedding coordinator, Darlene, was amazing and she did everything to make sure that our night went smoothly! The... Read More food was delish, the drinks were premium, the atmosphere was classic New Orleans, and the prices were unbeatable! When arriving on our wedding day, they brought us up to their loft on the second floor and brought us a plate of each food option and our favorite drinks. It gave my new husband and I a moment to reflect on our wedding ceremony and most importantly- EAT! They have a private restroom up there to freshen up and get ready to party the night away. I could not recommend Rosy's enough!

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Cherie L

We had a church wedding and then followed with our reception at Rosy's Jazz Hall. Darlene made me feel completely at ease with the entire process - I was able to bring in some of my own special decor items and make it feel unique to us, which was important to me. The stage is... Read More also SO IDEAL for live music - very old school, retro feeling, and we had a blast with our friends' band playing. Everyone was raving about the food, the drinks and fun bartenders, the beautiful atmosphere of the venue, and how overall unique the experience was. Our out-of-town guests, many of who were experiencing a Southern wedding for the first time, got an absolute kick out of all of it. A few other smaller things - we had a daytime wedding and I initially chose Rosy's because I loved the atrium and how you didn't feel like you were going in to a black-hole-wedding-reception-venue where you walk out, blinking your eyes. The daylight and the greenery really contributed to the ambience of our daytime celebration. Another thing - I loved that all of the food is simply taken care of. And it's SO GOOD. Not having to worry about a caterer was such a big perk for us. Lastly, the location makes it so easy for guests in cars. As someone who had a lot of family driving in from nearby, not dealing with the French Quarter was a big part of my decision to go with Rosy's initially - and there is no lack of character here! I would choose this venue over and over again for our wedding. It was perfect!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Erica P

Amazing, beautiful venue. Darlene and Steve are great. Darlene's attention to detail and know all take so much pressure and stress off the bride. The place has a great old New Orleans feel and requires little to no decorations. Everyone had a blast at our wedding. The food and... Read More drinks were flowing, and there were plenty table and chairs (lack of seating being a personal pet peeve at weddings). Highly, highly recommend.

Steve Zweibaum

I came to New Orleans in 1988. With my love of food and music, I fell right into step with the Spirit of New Orleans and have never looked back! I graduated from the culinary program at SUNY Cobleskill and owned and operated my own artisan bakery for years and then spent many more years with Hyatt Hotels, including a time as the Executive Pastry Chef for Hyatt Regency New Orleans. In 1999, we purchased the historic building that is now Rosy's Jazz Hall. I work to ensure that, with a sharp focus and strong emphasis on client satisfaction, each event is truly "Legendary."