Make your day a little more colorful than the rest

ROUGE Fine Catering prides itself in delivering exceptional events by tailoring our menus, design, and approach to the client. ROUGE has quickly established a reputation as being Baltimore’s premier caterer: offering unparalleled service, a la minute on-site preparation, consistency, and variety. ROUGE is now catering delicious events in many DC and Virginia venues! Please take a look at our new website for exciting details!

Cuisine

American, Eastern European, French, Indian, Italian, Latin American, Mexican, Middle Eastern, BBQ, Fusion, Seafood, Specialty

Dietary Options

Gluten Free, Halal, Nut Free, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian

11110 Pepper Road , Hunt Valley, MD Maryland, DC, Virginia, Pennsylvania (410) 527-0007

Reviewed on 11/12/2017 Megan S

Choosing ROUGE as our full service cater for our wedding at Belmont Manor on November 3rd was one of the best decisions we made throughout the whole wedding planning process! From start to finish we could not have been more pleased with everything. Right from the start their... Read More staff were super friendly, responsive to calls/emails, and very easy to work with. My husband Corey was pretty laid back when it came to wedding planning, but did had two stipulations…a taco bar and having Pacifico served. It was a challenge to find a full service caterer that had multiple options, as well as an open bar, at a reasonable price. After looking at a few different vendors, we contacted Rouge which was highly recommended by our venue. Instead of a sit down dinner we decide to go with a buffet for our guests. We were able to hand select our menu that included all of our favorite food and drinks. We were even able to switch out one of the listed beers to Pacifico, which is Corey’s favorite. With the unlimited open bar we had a good selection of beer, wines, and liquors…all of which were included in the final per person price. All of the passed appetizers during cocktail hour were amazing! We had mini crab cakes, cheeseburgers, pizza, chicken and waffles, and watermelon skewers with feta cheese. Rouge was able to do a fancy take on all of these items and our guests could not have been more pleased with the selections we made! For dinner we had plated salads and had a variety of foods served buffet style. The create your own mashed potato bar with all the fixings and taco bar were both a huge hit! We also had mixed vegetables, salmon, and parmesan crusted chicken as other options. All of the food was displayed beautifully. I even showed Niki pictures of our wedding décor and she took that into account when decorating the reception venue and displaying the food. We also didn’t want to go with the traditional wedding cake as a dessert. Corey and I were able to order our own small cake through Rouge and then have a mini doughnut bar and a create your own ice cream sandwich bar. After the wedding we got multiple texts from our friends and family saying how much they loved the food and the unique options that Rouge provided. We were able to enjoy some of the food at our wedding, but Rouge was kind enough to provide us with to go boxes at the end of the night as well! Corey and I can't thank Rouge enough for everything they did to make our wedding the BEST DAY EVER! We 100% recommend them to any couple looking for a caterer for their wedding.

Reviewed on 11/11/2017 Kailee M

We are so happy with our decision to hire Rouge for our Wedding Catering! First, they are a pleasure to work with in the planning stages of the wedding! The tasting experience was amazing (their food is so delicious), they answered all questions in a timely manner and were more... Read More than happy to accommodate special plates for my guests with crazy food allergies. Then the day of the wedding... wow, they surpassed all expectations!! The food was beyond amazing... from the appetizers to the main course.. and drinks of course.. truly high quality food and drinks!! But the service in my eyes was even better! They were kind and attentive to my guests and delivered all food in a timely manner. However, they truly shined in the service to my husband and I that day! They assigned certain servers to the bride and groom to make sure we had everything we needed the entire day... we had appetizers delivered to us during picture time to make sure we got to eat that day (bc we all know that can be hard for the bride and groom). Every time I turned around there was a server there asking if I needed another drink (whether water or wine)... at one point I asked for a drink and went to the bathroom to fix my hair, which took 10 minutes and the server was standing outside with my drink ready for me as I came back! I was truly in awe in how attentive they were and helped my husband and I feel so special that day! And the cherry on top is that they package up an extra meal for the bride and groom to take home so we could really enjoy our wedding food together... for us it was the next day! I would highly suggest hiring Rouge for your Catering needs! They provide highly quality food and service to ensure the event is top notch!

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Jane R

Booking Rouge was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding. Their staff is extremely personable, accessible, and on top of every detail. The food was AMAZING and everything ran like clockwork. When we told our other vendors that we hired Rouge for catering, everyone was... Read More thrilled. Rouge has an a fantastic reputation and it's clear why. Great food, great service, and great people to work with!

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Lorraine M

Rouge is simply the BEST caterer in Maryland. They take care of every detail and the food is stupendous! Sarah Moses was our consultant and in charge of our event and she was so easy to work with. She handled every detail and the reception was exceptional due to her.

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Liz T

So many guests raved about the food from Rouge. Some even said that it was the best food they had ever had at a wedding. The food was also presented and tasted as it did at our tasting. They were a well-oiled machine that expertly handled the rest of the wedding. The wait staff... Read More was lovely and tentative and they brought out appetizers for us to scarf down in between photos so we didn’t totally miss out on the cocktail hour fare. That being said, we had a couple logistical issues working with them. Firstly, we got passed from one coordinator to another part way through the planning process which wasn’t a big deal except that led to them not knowing some logistical issues about our big day until I brought them up a few weeks before the wedding. This led to additional last-minute costs (for flipping a space which also required additional staff member) that we had not originally known about. The chair count was also off so instead of getting to sit with guests as we would have liked we had to sit at a sweetheart table. I appreciate that they pivoted so swiftly and I realize that this is not the worst thing in the world but it was something that my fiancé and I did not want from the get-go and were bummed about. The most upsetting though, was at our outdoor wedding they had set up a generator just a few yards from our ceremony site which meant that throughout our whole ceremony we and our guests could hear the machine whirring. For me, this was a huge oversight on their part and they could have at least switched it off for our reception.

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Michele-Ann W

Rouge did an excellent job as our caterer. They put together a wonderful menu that incorporated specific dishes from our cultures that we wanted served, and all of it was delicious. All of our guests loved the food as well, and could not stop talking about how much they... Read More enjoyed the hors d'oeuvres and dinner. The service was also excellent. Rouge made sure everything was set up perfectly before the wedding started, did a seamless move of the chairs from the ceremony space to the reception space during the cocktail hour, and ran the buffet very efficiently. The bartenders were on their game and there was hardly ever a line to get a drink. Additionally, Rouge staff took great care of us as the bride and groom - they prepared a plate of hors d'oeuvres for us since we were busy during our cocktail hour taking formal photos. They also made us plates at the buffet during dinner while we were greeting our guests table to table. It felt like Rouge thought of everything, and we would highly recommend them for any wedding or other catered event.

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Jane L

Not for nothing are these guys considered the best in the business. The food is amazing of course - I knew that from my days working in the Baltimore Mayor's Office, where they catered all the important events - but what really makes them stand out is pure talent. They know... Read More every aspect of this business so well, from cuisine to logistics, the amount of knowledge is almost scary. They are also organized and professional, and do it all with such ease and grace, it is like watching an Olympic team do their thing. When married people told me that food is the most important thing, I knew I wanted to go with Rouge for my event and I am so glad I did.

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Austin W

Rouge has no comparison, they are hands-down the best caterers in Baltimore. They will come up with a fresh menu for your wedding that is not only the best food you've ever tasted but also more affordable than other caterers. It's been over a month since our wedding and people... Read More are still talking to us about the food! It is very rare for wedding food to be both high quality and memorable. Lauren Bowyer at Rouge was a pleasure to work with. She helped with many other elements of our wedding such as the floor plan for the reception. She also even brought some baskets they had lying around for some of our wedding accessories. Love Rouge and will use for all future catering needs!

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Maddy J

I don't even know where to start with how amazing Rouge is. We used them for our wedding at Evergreen and they had a specific staff person who works with Evergreen and knows the ins and outs of everything. We booked them immediately at our tasting because the food is absolutely... Read More amazing. Our guests raved about all parts of the meal. The most important thing we liked about Rouge was that we wanted a sit down meal, but we wanted the most possible time for free dancing and wanted everything else done as fast as possible. Rouge did everything they could to make this possible for us and we had way more time for dancing than we even hoped for and our guests were extremely thankful for that. Rouge also set up EVERYTHING we needed set up at the venue and then took it all down and organized it for us to take home. They were organized and professional at all times and SO helpful. They also made sure we had everything we needed all night at the wedding. They allowed us to have both meal options both at the wedding and to go at the end of the night. Rouge is just all around amazing and I am so thankful we booked them!

Reviewed on 9/02/2017 Jennifer H

I was first familiar with Rouge through my old company I worked for. They used them a lot and always thought highly of their presentation, professionalism, and great tasting food! When we finally found our venue, they had a preferred caterer list and Rouge was one of them. We... Read More priced out Rouge and 1 other caterer and ultimately decided to go with Rouge because we felt we were getting a better price, there were a lot more food options to choose from, and there weren’t any hidden fees or upcharges. Jacqueline was our Catering Manager throughout the entire process. She was very attentive and accommodating with everything we asked. We changed our menu a few times because we didn’t love some things we tasted in our original tasting so she let us do a second tasting with the new menu items we changed and we loved it all! Day of the wedding, everything went according to the timeline. Jackie’s team was great! They had a designated server for us giving us our signature cocktails and hors d’oeuvres during cocktail hour. Due to photos, we barely got to eat anything during cocktail hour. They surprised us at our dining table during dinner with a platter of the hors d’oeuvres we had missed! It was such a nice touch that I was definitely not expecting. All the food tasted so great. There was never a line at the bar the whole night. The service was top notch and we continue to get rave reviews from the food, especially the crab cake! At the end of the night, they sent us home with 2 extra entrees packaged up for us which was another nice touch! They certainly exceeded our expectations and we would definitely highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Nicole F

Rouge catered our wedding at the American Visionary Arts Museum in July 2017 and they were fabulous! The food was delicious and the staff was amazing to work with for the whole process. We love that Rouge provided a personalized tasting for the menu items we were interested in.... Read More We also went back for a second tasting when a few menu items changed. We worked with Jacqueline and she was great! She was always very responsive and prompt in getting back to me with the millions of emails and questions I sent her way. She always had great suggestions and ideas for ensuring our wedding was the way we envisioned it. We are so appreciative of Jacqueline and Rouge for everything they did for us to make our wedding day perfect! We highly recommend Rouge!

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Valerie D

Celeste Bendetti and Maykayla Hazelton helped us on our journey to planning a fabulous wedding reception. They helped us execute our vision in more ways than one: from having a highly customized menu to even doing some heavy lifting at the venue, the planning and service staff... Read More were on-point! Consider this caterer if you want delicious food, impeccable service, and open communication that any busy couple planning a wedding will certainly appreciate.

Reviewed on 7/28/2017 Rachel S

First - I would ABSOLUTELY recommend using Rouge for your wedding or other catering needs. They were the cheapest (by far) of the caterers I priced out and their food was DELICIOUS!!!! Everyone loved their appetizers and entrees. The ice cream sandwich bar we put out was a huge... Read More hit. Overall the quality of the food, especially considering the relatively low price- makes it the best value by far. They lost a star and a half on quality of service. And it was really a buildup of a bunch of minor things that aren't worth mentioning- just don't be shy about asking questions and be meticulous when reviewing the details. What is worth mentioning is that I heard from multiple people at the wedding how friendly and attentive the catering wait staff and bartenders were. (Although there were some complaints after-the-fact that drinks were cleared too quickly- so if someone left a drink at their seat to go dance for a song, it was gone by the time they got back.)

Reviewed on 7/01/2017 David C

Kelly and the Rouge team were fantastic from start to finish. Great communication, notably flexible and adapted quickly to fit our needs throughout the planning process. Extensive (and delicious) menu options, and even sourced craft beers and wines from breweries and wineries... Read More meaningful to us. Staff was attentive, gracious, and hospitable throughout our entire event.

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Dina A

Rouge Catering was definitely the most reasonably priced and accommodated to our budget with great food. We were told multiple times throughout the day and afterwards that it was the best wedding food they had ever had. Sarah Moses was so sweet and was very prompt about getting... Read More information to us in a timely manner. She instantly put our minds at ease that everything would be taken care of rain or shine. Makayla was our day of coordinator, she also was great to work with. Although, her schedule was very busy and wasn't available to speak with prior to our wedding so I wasn't able to coordinate with her about where I wanted to put some of the decorative items we provided. It wasn't a huge deal but, if you are the type of bride that needs perfection, that may not work for you. I am also a vegetarian and Rouge (Sarah Moses) was great about guiding us to options that would accommodate dietary restrictions. However, our take home container was 3 containers of meat. My husband was happy but I was a bit disappointed. All-in-all, I thought they were great and I highly recommend!

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Lindsey N

I cannot begin to express wonderful experience we had with Rouge for our wedding on June 10. Niki and her team were amazing! Guests are still telling me how much they enjoyed the food and their level of service was top notch.

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Jill D

Everyone commented on how delicious the food tasted! Beautifully presented and a great team to work with! Thank you!

Reviewed on 6/18/2017 Ben R

ROUGE IS INCREDIBLE!! We booked them for our wedding and it was easily the best decision we made. They couldn't have been more wonderful, professional, and helpful. Seriously. That's not just some dumb internet review jargon...they totally saved the day. We had a few weird... Read More requests...like wanting people to color on the dinner tables (while still making it look pretty) and needing a super specific white queso dip to be made, and Rouge knocked it out of the park. The entire staff was so thorough in their approach to planning the event. It's kind of amazing to watch. Our point of contact, Kaitlyn, expertly helped us organize our menu, all the tiny details of the reception, and even had the staff bring the roster of hors d'oeuvres to us while we were taking post-ceremony pictures so we didn't miss any food (SUCH A NICE TOUCH). They really do think of everything so you don't have to. The only disappointing thing about Rouge is that now nobody talks about how much they loved our ceremony, they just talk about how this was the best food they've ever had at a wedding :) You are a complete fool if you use anyone else for your event.

Reviewed on 4/17/2017 Emily M

We used Rouge for our wedding (April 2017), and from start to finish they were amazing to work with. We worked primarily with Jordan and she is one of the nicest people. Not only did she provide a very competitive price, but she went above and beyond by 1)researching the best... Read More recipe for Mambo sauce so we could serve it with our late night chicken tenders, 2) providing a complimentary champagne toast when we decided to get cupcakes from another vendor (even though the cupcakes she offered us were also complimentary AND Rouge still provided a 6" cake for cutting free of charge!), and 3) accommodating 2 tastings when we couldn't settle on a vegetarian entree. Rouge, and Jordan specifically, understand customer service and how to help clients put on the best event they can. She was always super responsive to all of my random questions and even helped fix the lighting on our dance floor the night of since she is familiar with the venue. The food is delicious (such a wide variety of choices) and we got tons of compliments from our guests. We really went into the wedding thinking there was no way the food was going to be as good as it was during the tasting (because it's mass produced, might be cold, etc.) but it was really tasty and great! I highly recommend Rouge! Ask to work with Jordan and you won't regret it.

Reviewed on 4/17/2017 Kristin B

Working with Rouge Catering was the highlight of my DC wedding. Why? Three things: the food is phenomenal, the price is astoundingly affordable, and our event manager, Sarah Kelley, was maybe the most outstanding person that I have ever gotten to work with. First, the food... Read More was incredible - like, not just incredible-for-wedding-food, but actually incredible. I am still blown away by the appetizers and how fancy they were - 5 types of passed appetizers (crab vol au vents, brie and pear canape, burger sliders, caprese crepe, chicken and waffle - which were all amazingly composed AND served so you didn’t need a plate to eat one, which is the hallmark of a great app) and a sprawling, homemade antipasti bar. For the main meal, we did a buffet with the strawberry salad, beef short ribs, mango salmon, tortellini rose, with two sides (fingerling potatoes and asparagus with a magic red pepper sauce). Anyone with dietary considerations (i.e., vegan) got their own specially prepared meal. Why is it so good? They actually build a kitchen on site and cook everything. Not finishing everything – actually cook it. And it matters. Open bar was unlimited all night and included all top shelf liquors imaginable, a variety of beers, and three wine choices (red, white, rose). Second, the price - the whole meal, with fully open bar, with a three-tier Charm City wedding cake and coffee service included, and full staffing, was under $100 per person. Yes. For everything. No hidden costs or “add ons” that popped up later – my sole additional cost was linen rentals ($300 total for like 17 nice tablecloths and upgraded napkins), because the staff doesn’t even accept tips. I need to expound a bit here: Rouge was by far the lowest price quoted for me, and yet it was by far the fanciest. To be honest, I actually encountered them first at a wedding expo at the American Visionary Arts Museum in Baltimore; their display was so upscale and elaborate, and their food was so complex and flavorful, that I didn’t even call them in my initial search because I assumed that I could never afford them. Meanwhile, they gave us the best quote. In short: rejoice in finding something you can afford and that is mind-blowing. Lastly, and maybe most importantly, event manager Sarah Kelley (and Rouge staff in general). Sarah was the most amazing person to work with; her excitement and professionalism made this the easiest and most enjoyable part of wedding planning. When we visited their site for our tasting, we got to meet the owners and see how small and close the staff is, and it just felt good to give my business to people who care passionately about where they work. (Plus Sarah is hilarious and cool! I am actually sad that I don’t talk to her weekly now!) The staff at the event took care of so much and allowed us and my family to just enjoy the day. The venue looked AMAZING, the staff that was there was adorably sweet and so efficient, , and everything went off without a hitch without needing any attention from me. I cannot recommend this company enough for anything. They are truly outstanding and I cannot praise them enough.

Reviewed on 4/12/2017 Kali I

My husband and I couldn't have asked for better service. I was assigned 2 great staff members, Lauren and Sarah, who were VERY attentive and accommodating. Accommodations needed to be made for a few plated dinners for guests who had special meal requirements. The private... Read More tasting with Sarah of the entire dinner was absolutely wonderful and provided us a great idea of how the meal would be for our guests. I also met with Lauren to go over the table linen selection and she was great to work with. Lauren was also on site the day of the wedding to ensure everything ran well. Needless to say all my husband and I have heard was how great the service was and how they enjoyed the food. I would definitely use Rouge again!

Reviewed on 3/04/2017 Jamie W

Attend A wedding that was Catered by this company and very this so delicious and looked great. Staff was really helpful and curtious

Reviewed on 3/04/2017 Angela F

This place is AWESOME!!! super easy to work with when it comes to staying in budget and getting what you want( was an open bar for us ). We had a 4 appetizers, 2 main meat dishes 1 vegetarian dish with 2 sides, open bar and our cake was included. Every last bit was good. I did... Read More not get to eat a lot but what I did eat was delicious. I still get complements on how good the food was. Our day coordinator was Sara Kelley and I loved her. She is something special. Help decorate my reception hall tables and made sure that everything went okay when it stared raining right before my outside ceremony. The staff that they had were very great very welcoming and my Family loved them. Sooo Glade that I found them

Reviewed on 3/01/2017 Mindy B

Rouge was amazing! Our guests couldn't stop talking about how delicious and fresh the food was. My husband and I are huge foodies and we picked Rouge because no other catering company came close to their quality. Pricing was reasonable maybe slightly higher than average but... Read More worth every penny! But not only the food was great but the service. Our coordinator Kaitlyn was phenomenal. She listened to all our little requests and made things happen. Will definitely use Riuge again for any other event I may have in the future. Can't go wrong with this catering company. Can't thank them enough. 100% recommend:)

Reviewed on 12/13/2016 Morgan O

I'd like to start by saying many of my guests are still raving about how phenomenal the food was at our wedding! I would not call my husband and I "foodies" but we definitely enjoy food and can also be slightly picky eaters. Our wedding was a day wedding so I knew the food setup... Read More might be a little different. Rouge worked with us from the very beginning to make sure we had exactly what we were envisioning for the big day! Even during the first tasting, the food was nothing short of amazing. I made an odd request for a nacho cheese fountain and they were able to pull it off an epic fountain! We also hired Rouge to provide our bar services in addition to the catering. All of the staff was very friendly and helpful. I'd highly recommend working with Rouge for delicious food and awesome service!

Chef Jonathan Soudry

Lead by Chef and owner Jonathan Soudry, ROUGE opened its doors in 2007 in Hunt Valley, Maryland. In his quest for the ideal culinary service, Chef Soudry skillfully combines over 35 years of professional experience with his native French culinary training to bring Rouge clients restaurant quality food in place of traditional “catering” food. Bon appetit