Make your day a little more colorful than the rest

ROUGE Fine Catering prides itself in delivering exceptional events by tailoring our menus, design, and approach to the client. ROUGE has quickly established a reputation as being Baltimore’s premier caterer: offering unparalleled service, a la minute on-site preparation, consistency, and variety. Through our new DC Partnership with the Neighborhood Restaurant Group, an award winning collection of independent and idiosyncratic businesses devoted to the culinary arts in the Washington, DC metro area, ROUGE is now catering delicious events in many DC and Virginia venues! Please take a look at our new website for exciting details!

Cuisine

American, Eastern European, French, Indian, Italian, Latin American, Mexican, Middle Eastern, BBQ, Fusion, Seafood, Specialty

Dietary Options

Gluten Free, Halal, Nut Free, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian

11110 Pepper Road , Hunt Valley, MD Maryland, DC, Virginia, Pennsylvania (410) 527-0007

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Maddy J

I don't even know where to start with how amazing Rouge is. We used them for our wedding at Evergreen and they had a specific staff person who works with Evergreen and knows the ins and outs of everything. We booked them immediately at our tasting because the food is absolutely... Read More amazing. Our guests raved about all parts of the meal. The most important thing we liked about Rouge was that we wanted a sit down meal, but we wanted the most possible time for free dancing and wanted everything else done as fast as possible. Rouge did everything they could to make this possible for us and we had way more time for dancing than we even hoped for and our guests were extremely thankful for that. Rouge also set up EVERYTHING we needed set up at the venue and then took it all down and organized it for us to take home. They were organized and professional at all times and SO helpful. They also made sure we had everything we needed all night at the wedding. They allowed us to have both meal options both at the wedding and to go at the end of the night. Rouge is just all around amazing and I am so thankful we booked them!

Reviewed on 9/02/2017 Jennifer H

I was first familiar with Rouge through my old company I worked for. They used them a lot and always thought highly of their presentation, professionalism, and great tasting food! When we finally found our venue, they had a preferred caterer list and Rouge was one of them. We... Read More priced out Rouge and 1 other caterer and ultimately decided to go with Rouge because we felt we were getting a better price, there were a lot more food options to choose from, and there weren’t any hidden fees or upcharges. Jacqueline was our Catering Manager throughout the entire process. She was very attentive and accommodating with everything we asked. We changed our menu a few times because we didn’t love some things we tasted in our original tasting so she let us do a second tasting with the new menu items we changed and we loved it all! Day of the wedding, everything went according to the timeline. Jackie’s team was great! They had a designated server for us giving us our signature cocktails and hors d’oeuvres during cocktail hour. Due to photos, we barely got to eat anything during cocktail hour. They surprised us at our dining table during dinner with a platter of the hors d’oeuvres we had missed! It was such a nice touch that I was definitely not expecting. All the food tasted so great. There was never a line at the bar the whole night. The service was top notch and we continue to get rave reviews from the food, especially the crab cake! At the end of the night, they sent us home with 2 extra entrees packaged up for us which was another nice touch! They certainly exceeded our expectations and we would definitely highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Nicole E

Rouge catered our wedding at the American Visionary Arts Museum in July 2017 and they were fabulous! The food was delicious and the staff was amazing to work with for the whole process. We love that Rouge provided a personalized tasting for the menu items we were interested in.... Read More We also went back for a second tasting when a few menu items changed. We worked with Jacqueline and she was great! She was always very responsive and prompt in getting back to me with the millions of emails and questions I sent her way. She always had great suggestions and ideas for ensuring our wedding was the way we envisioned it. We are so appreciative of Jacqueline and Rouge for everything they did for us to make our wedding day perfect! We highly recommend Rouge!

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Valerie D

Celeste Bendetti and Maykayla Hazelton helped us on our journey to planning a fabulous wedding reception. They helped us execute our vision in more ways than one: from having a highly customized menu to even doing some heavy lifting at the venue, the planning and service staff... Read More were on-point! Consider this caterer if you want delicious food, impeccable service, and open communication that any busy couple planning a wedding will certainly appreciate.

Reviewed on 7/28/2017 Rachel S

First - I would ABSOLUTELY recommend using Rouge for your wedding or other catering needs. They were the cheapest (by far) of the caterers I priced out and their food was DELICIOUS!!!! Everyone loved their appetizers and entrees. The ice cream sandwich bar we put out was a huge... Read More hit. Overall the quality of the food, especially considering the relatively low price- makes it the best value by far. They lost a star and a half on quality of service. And it was really a buildup of a bunch of minor things that aren't worth mentioning- just don't be shy about asking questions and be meticulous when reviewing the details. What is worth mentioning is that I heard from multiple people at the wedding how friendly and attentive the catering wait staff and bartenders were. (Although there were some complaints after-the-fact that drinks were cleared too quickly- so if someone left a drink at their seat to go dance for a song, it was gone by the time they got back.)

Reviewed on 7/01/2017 David C

Kelly and the Rouge team were fantastic from start to finish. Great communication, notably flexible and adapted quickly to fit our needs throughout the planning process. Extensive (and delicious) menu options, and even sourced craft beers and wines from breweries and wineries... Read More meaningful to us. Staff was attentive, gracious, and hospitable throughout our entire event.

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Dina A

Rouge Catering was definitely the most reasonably priced and accommodated to our budget with great food. We were told multiple times throughout the day and afterwards that it was the best wedding food they had ever had. Sarah Moses was so sweet and was very prompt about getting... Read More information to us in a timely manner. She instantly put our minds at ease that everything would be taken care of rain or shine. Makayla was our day of coordinator, she also was great to work with. Although, her schedule was very busy and wasn't available to speak with prior to our wedding so I wasn't able to coordinate with her about where I wanted to put some of the decorative items we provided. It wasn't a huge deal but, if you are the type of bride that needs perfection, that may not work for you. I am also a vegetarian and Rouge (Sarah Moses) was great about guiding us to options that would accommodate dietary restrictions. However, our take home container was 3 containers of meat. My husband was happy but I was a bit disappointed. All-in-all, I thought they were great and I highly recommend!

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Lindsey N

I cannot begin to express wonderful experience we had with Rouge for our wedding on June 10. Niki and her team were amazing! Guests are still telling me how much they enjoyed the food and their level of service was top notch.

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Jill D

Everyone commented on how delicious the food tasted! Beautifully presented and a great team to work with! Thank you!

Reviewed on 6/18/2017 Ben R

ROUGE IS INCREDIBLE!! We booked them for our wedding and it was easily the best decision we made. They couldn't have been more wonderful, professional, and helpful. Seriously. That's not just some dumb internet review jargon...they totally saved the day. We had a few weird... Read More requests...like wanting people to color on the dinner tables (while still making it look pretty) and needing a super specific white queso dip to be made, and Rouge knocked it out of the park. The entire staff was so thorough in their approach to planning the event. It's kind of amazing to watch. Our point of contact, Kaitlyn, expertly helped us organize our menu, all the tiny details of the reception, and even had the staff bring the roster of hors d'oeuvres to us while we were taking post-ceremony pictures so we didn't miss any food (SUCH A NICE TOUCH). They really do think of everything so you don't have to. The only disappointing thing about Rouge is that now nobody talks about how much they loved our ceremony, they just talk about how this was the best food they've ever had at a wedding :) You are a complete fool if you use anyone else for your event.

Reviewed on 4/17/2017 Emily M

We used Rouge for our wedding (April 2017), and from start to finish they were amazing to work with. We worked primarily with Jordan and she is one of the nicest people. Not only did she provide a very competitive price, but she went above and beyond by 1)researching the best... Read More recipe for Mambo sauce so we could serve it with our late night chicken tenders, 2) providing a complimentary champagne toast when we decided to get cupcakes from another vendor (even though the cupcakes she offered us were also complimentary AND Rouge still provided a 6" cake for cutting free of charge!), and 3) accommodating 2 tastings when we couldn't settle on a vegetarian entree. Rouge, and Jordan specifically, understand customer service and how to help clients put on the best event they can. She was always super responsive to all of my random questions and even helped fix the lighting on our dance floor the night of since she is familiar with the venue. The food is delicious (such a wide variety of choices) and we got tons of compliments from our guests. We really went into the wedding thinking there was no way the food was going to be as good as it was during the tasting (because it's mass produced, might be cold, etc.) but it was really tasty and great! I highly recommend Rouge! Ask to work with Jordan and you won't regret it.

Reviewed on 4/17/2017 Kristin B

Working with Rouge Catering was the highlight of my DC wedding. Why? Three things: the food is phenomenal, the price is astoundingly affordable, and our event manager, Sarah Kelley, was maybe the most outstanding person that I have ever gotten to work with. First, the food... Read More was incredible - like, not just incredible-for-wedding-food, but actually incredible. I am still blown away by the appetizers and how fancy they were - 5 types of passed appetizers (crab vol au vents, brie and pear canape, burger sliders, caprese crepe, chicken and waffle - which were all amazingly composed AND served so you didn’t need a plate to eat one, which is the hallmark of a great app) and a sprawling, homemade antipasti bar. For the main meal, we did a buffet with the strawberry salad, beef short ribs, mango salmon, tortellini rose, with two sides (fingerling potatoes and asparagus with a magic red pepper sauce). Anyone with dietary considerations (i.e., vegan) got their own specially prepared meal. Why is it so good? They actually build a kitchen on site and cook everything. Not finishing everything – actually cook it. And it matters. Open bar was unlimited all night and included all top shelf liquors imaginable, a variety of beers, and three wine choices (red, white, rose). Second, the price - the whole meal, with fully open bar, with a three-tier Charm City wedding cake and coffee service included, and full staffing, was under $100 per person. Yes. For everything. No hidden costs or “add ons” that popped up later – my sole additional cost was linen rentals ($300 total for like 17 nice tablecloths and upgraded napkins), because the staff doesn’t even accept tips. I need to expound a bit here: Rouge was by far the lowest price quoted for me, and yet it was by far the fanciest. To be honest, I actually encountered them first at a wedding expo at the American Visionary Arts Museum in Baltimore; their display was so upscale and elaborate, and their food was so complex and flavorful, that I didn’t even call them in my initial search because I assumed that I could never afford them. Meanwhile, they gave us the best quote. In short: rejoice in finding something you can afford and that is mind-blowing. Lastly, and maybe most importantly, event manager Sarah Kelley (and Rouge staff in general). Sarah was the most amazing person to work with; her excitement and professionalism made this the easiest and most enjoyable part of wedding planning. When we visited their site for our tasting, we got to meet the owners and see how small and close the staff is, and it just felt good to give my business to people who care passionately about where they work. (Plus Sarah is hilarious and cool! I am actually sad that I don’t talk to her weekly now!) The staff at the event took care of so much and allowed us and my family to just enjoy the day. The venue looked AMAZING, the staff that was there was adorably sweet and so efficient, , and everything went off without a hitch without needing any attention from me. I cannot recommend this company enough for anything. They are truly outstanding and I cannot praise them enough.

Reviewed on 4/12/2017 Kali I

My husband and I couldn't have asked for better service. I was assigned 2 great staff members, Lauren and Sarah, who were VERY attentive and accommodating. Accommodations needed to be made for a few plated dinners for guests who had special meal requirements. The private... Read More tasting with Sarah of the entire dinner was absolutely wonderful and provided us a great idea of how the meal would be for our guests. I also met with Lauren to go over the table linen selection and she was great to work with. Lauren was also on site the day of the wedding to ensure everything ran well. Needless to say all my husband and I have heard was how great the service was and how they enjoyed the food. I would definitely use Rouge again!

Reviewed on 3/04/2017 Jamie W

Attend A wedding that was Catered by this company and very this so delicious and looked great. Staff was really helpful and curtious

Reviewed on 3/04/2017 Angela F

This place is AWESOME!!! super easy to work with when it comes to staying in budget and getting what you want( was an open bar for us ). We had a 4 appetizers, 2 main meat dishes 1 vegetarian dish with 2 sides, open bar and our cake was included. Every last bit was good. I did... Read More not get to eat a lot but what I did eat was delicious. I still get complements on how good the food was. Our day coordinator was Sara Kelley and I loved her. She is something special. Help decorate my reception hall tables and made sure that everything went okay when it stared raining right before my outside ceremony. The staff that they had were very great very welcoming and my Family loved them. Sooo Glade that I found them

Reviewed on 3/01/2017 Mindy B

Rouge was amazing! Our guests couldn't stop talking about how delicious and fresh the food was. My husband and I are huge foodies and we picked Rouge because no other catering company came close to their quality. Pricing was reasonable maybe slightly higher than average but... Read More worth every penny! But not only the food was great but the service. Our coordinator Kaitlyn was phenomenal. She listened to all our little requests and made things happen. Will definitely use Riuge again for any other event I may have in the future. Can't go wrong with this catering company. Can't thank them enough. 100% recommend:)

Reviewed on 12/13/2016 Morgan O

I'd like to start by saying many of my guests are still raving about how phenomenal the food was at our wedding! I would not call my husband and I "foodies" but we definitely enjoy food and can also be slightly picky eaters. Our wedding was a day wedding so I knew the food setup... Read More might be a little different. Rouge worked with us from the very beginning to make sure we had exactly what we were envisioning for the big day! Even during the first tasting, the food was nothing short of amazing. I made an odd request for a nacho cheese fountain and they were able to pull it off an epic fountain! We also hired Rouge to provide our bar services in addition to the catering. All of the staff was very friendly and helpful. I'd highly recommend working with Rouge for delicious food and awesome service!

Reviewed on 11/09/2016 Laurie Anne L

We are so glad we chose Rouge to cater our wedding! From the very beginning they were flexible with making the menu and answered all of my questions quickly and professionally. During the wedding they were organized and efficient which was important. We had our wedding reception... Read More in my parents backyard & barn and Rouge handled the location perfectly. And the food... AMAZING! Our guests are still telling us how much they loved the dinner that was served. Definitely recommend Rouge!

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Ashley G

Our wedding was unlike most wedding's you've likely ever heard of; 5 weeks to our wedding date our venue filed for bankruptcy and cancelled our wedding. And even before that, the venue did not relay any of our payments to Rouge that I had sent, even though that was part of the... Read More contract. After many attempts to resolved the issue without worrying us, Rouge finally contacted us and the entire management team handled it so professionally, a complete 180 compared to the venue owner. Jeremy (the VP of Ops) gave me his cell and allowed me to call anytime, including after business hours, even if it was just for me to vent frantically. Once we booked a new venue, I was given a new coordinator (since my previous coordinator left), Sarah, and I can't rave enough. As you can imagine, there are so many logistical issues with a change in venue 5 weeks before the date and Sarah put me at ease every time and brought a sense of normalcy. She reached out to vendors herself to confirm details, took my multiple calls per day and ultimately, made our dream wedding come to light. There were even a few issues the few days before our wedding when Sarah was out of the office, and Gabrielle stepped in, knowing nothing about our wedding, and was able to answer every question and text me options so that I didn't have to wait! Now to get into the day of, the food was INCREDIBLE! We were able to make tweaks to certain items we selected and the menu was so unique to our tastes. The staff is beyond efficient and so professional. People are still raving about the food a month later! My only regret is not being able to box up all the leftovers and take them home with me! I've had several people ask where we found such a well-trained staff of people. My husband and I were given an attendant (Tara) to be with us for the duration of the night and she made us feel like royalty. She was one step ahead of us at all times, bringing us drinks before ours were empty, bringing us food while we finished up pictures, anything we needed, she was there. If you're reading this because you're on the fence about Rouge Catering, do yourself a favor and book immediately, you won't be sorry! FIVE STARS!!

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Shehla W

Rouge was absolutely amazing! The entire process of coming up with a menu to final execution, they were just the most professional vendor we dealt with. Our event manager, Jordan, was extremely responsive and always willing to make adjustments so that we got the menu we... Read More wanted. We changed some of the dishes after the tasting and they did not bat an eye. I loved that Jordan would send us written updates moralizing all of our changes, so we always knew that nothing would slip through the cracks. Jordan provided great alternate suggestions and even offered to use our recipes if we wanted a specific dish. Rouge was perfect for our price point, and the fact that alcohol was included in their package made a really big difference. In our minds, we weren't "going all out" on the food so we went with Rouge instead of some of the other big name caterers in the Eastern Shore. But they turned out to be the perfect choice. Did I mention the food was incredible? Their appetizers were to die for and so many of our guests have told us how much they loved the food. This was quite a feat because our families are Pakistani and Persian, whereas a majority of our guests were American. So coming up with a menu to suit all palates and getting rave reviews all around was an incredible accomplishment. Plus, there were so many little things they did for us that I will never forget. They had a server with a tray full of appetizers ready for us at the end of our photo session/before we went in for the social hour. Can't tell you how great that was because 1) I hadn't really eaten all day because of nerves and 2) we were so busy socializing we wouldn't have had a chance to try the amazing appetizers. We also had a friend who is gluten intolerant and at the last minute, I asked if they could do something for him for dessert and sure enough they came up with chocolate covered strawberries for him! At several points in the evening, servers came up to me and asked if I needed a drink/water/anything. It was so nice to be so well taken care of. Finally, they did an amazing job wrapping up food for us to eat after the party. It was much appreciated because we definitely were too excited to eat much during dinner and I loved being able to actually eat the delicious food late at night :-) Everything about Rouge was perfect! Im so glad we had them as our caterers.

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Krista T

Rouge was amazing! The food was amazing and Sarah was so wonderful! Everyone at the wedding said it was one of the best meals they had ever had at a wedding. They were very careful with the family champagne flutes as well as out custom wedding topper. They made sure our... Read More signature drink was available until the bar literally ran out, best party ever!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Katie E

Rouge did a fabulous job catering my wedding in September. I wanted a caterer who would provide freshly prepared foods and cook on site. Rouge did just that. I worked closely with Gabrielle. She was flexible and responsive to all questions. When Gabrielle and her team arrived... Read More the morning of the wedding, I knew I did not have to worry about anything. They were well organized and timely. I wanted the cocktail hour to be an hour and a half and they were flexible with that. I also wanted to have plenty of servers walking around with food and drinks and they were accommodating to this as well. All the food was delicious, hot and beautifully presented when it arrived to the tables. Rouge is associated with Sugar Bakers and they made the cake and cupcakes. Simply beautiful and delectable. All around a wonderful experience!

Reviewed on 9/04/2016 Lindsay F

My husband and I were so very, very lucky to have Rouge Fine Catering host our wedding celebration in April 2016. From the moment we reached out to the Rouge team, the experience was extremely professional, reliable, collaborative and fun. The first tasting sealed the deal and... Read More all subsequent tastings with other caterers didn't compare to Rouge. The food was absolutely outstanding, but what impressed me even more was how much we felt like they wanted to work with us to make us happy. I knew we were going to be in great hands with Rouge and they did not disappoint. Leading up to the wedding we were in constant communication with our catering manager, Katie Canarr. Saying that Katie is fantastic,dedicated to executing flawless events, a true partner, and a thoughtful leader may just be the understatement of the year. Katie exercised a tremendous amount of patience with our multiple menu flips and flops. She helped me work out our very tricky seating plan, our linen selections, the event's signature drink, last minute rental needs (hello space heaters in April!). Did I mention she dreamed up the world's best donut bar?? Also, I never had to track Katie down. She was always one step ahead of me guiding me through the process. Katie is an absolute rock star and our special day would not have been the same without her. On our wedding day, everything was absolutely flawless.The Rouge staff was top notch and we even had guests comment on the level of professionalism that their team displayed. Did I mention the food??? IT WAS ABSOLUTELY AWESOME. It's been almost six months since our wedding and I still have family and friends talking about how delicious the food at our wedding was (seriously, when does that actually happen??). And they are not just saying it....they are gushing talking about specific items that they ate. I would recommend Rouge to anyone. Thank your Rouge team for making the most important day of our life so easy, memorable and tasty!!

Reviewed on 8/28/2016 Kathryn W

We thought that Rouge Fine Catering provided outstanding catering all around. EVERY guest I spoke with commented on the excellent food. We had a buffet dinner with a cocktail hour before hand, and guests were pleased to be offered such an array of delicious food. The service... Read More was unbelievable. Every person from Rouge who I dealt with was quickly available, responsive, but not intrusive in any way. During the event the staff was instantly available to help, seeming to sense when I needed it so I didn't have to ask first. They did everything that I wanted. They were very efficient in how they did all their hard work. If you want catering with wonderful food that your guests will love, and if you want a smooth and easy experience with the catering, I highly recommend Rouge Fine Catering.

Reviewed on 8/10/2016 Elena G

There aren't enough words to explain my feelings about the job Rouge did for my wedding. From the very beginning, all the way through to the very last minute cleaning up after the reception, they were the most professional and well oiled machine I've seen. I worked with both... Read More Jordan and Lauren throughout the planning process and they really know how to make a bride and her family feel special and important. They were flexible, helpful, professional, polite and most important had such a great attitude all along the way. My guests raved about the food and they made SURE that both me and the groom ate that night, both during and AFTER the wedding! They were absolutely fabulous! I highly recommend them

Chef Jonathan Soudry

Lead by Chef and owner Jonathan Soudry, ROUGE opened its doors in 2007 in Hunt Valley, Maryland. In his quest for the ideal culinary service, Chef Soudry skillfully combines over 35 years of professional experience with his native French culinary training to bring Rouge clients restaurant quality food in place of traditional “catering” food. Bon appetit