Royal American Links

Galena, OH

Book Your Wedding with Royal American Links

A BALLROOM IN GALENA, OH

Royal American Links in Galena, Ohio, offers couples all the ambience and charm of a Scottish castle right in the heart of central Ohio. The Royal American Links is just 30 minutes from Columbus, but it feels like a world away with its rolling greens and meticulous landscaping. The event center features warm wood and stone architecture that adds to the castle-like appeal and sets a scenic backdrop for first look photos and outdoor celebrations. Couples can choose from a combination of indoor or outdoor spaces for ceremonies and receptions. The event staff works with each couple to create the arrangement that works best for every individual event. The Royal American Links can accommodate up to 250 guests.

This natural area offers a scenic spot for exchanging vows. Lush landscaping and a wrought iron arch add to the appeal.

The lawn is another ideal ceremony area with plenty of space for larger groups. Lush grounds present natural backdrops for wedding photography.

The large balcony provides an extensive view for guests as they look out on the Perennial Garden. Couples can also use the balcony as an intimate ceremony space.

This room features a grand fireplace, vaulted ceilings and a spacious parquet dance floor perfect for kicking up heels and dancing the night away.

This space is adjacent to the Banquet Room. It features a dramatic set of French doors that lead to the balcony. It is typically used with the banquet room, but couples can rent it separately for a more intimate gathering.

Whether they are planning a small ceremony or a grand reception, couples receive personalized planning services through the events department. In addition to helping couples configure the space to best suit their vision, the event staff helps connect them with the culinary staff to create a delicious meal at the right price point.

Couples can choose from a selection of hot and cold hors d’oeuvres, including chilled prawns, bruschetta, miniature Maryland crab cakes and cashew chicken spring rolls. Some of the house specialty salads include a BLT chopped salad and a bibb lettuce salad with candied walnuts and orange goat cheese dressing. The executive chef specializes in a variety of entrée options, including sesame crusted yellow fin tuna and filet mignon with bordelaise sauce.

To secure their date, couples must return the signed contract and a non-refundable deposit. A second payment is due 90 days after submitting the deposit and the final payment must be made at least 10 days before the wedding. Additionally, couples must provide the event staff with the final menu selection and room arrangement 45 days before the wedding. The venue asks couples to submit a final head count 10 business days before the wedding.

As part of the rental fee, couples receive a dedicated event planner, greeters for the event and in-house audio visual equipment. The rental also includes decorated ceremony chairs, tables, chairs, linens, china and glassware for the reception. Outside vendors are also permitted.

Other amenities available to wedding parties include:

• Rehearsal dinner without additional room rental fee
  • Private locker rooms as a bridal suite
  • Cake cutting for no additional fee
  • Hurricane globes with candles and a mirror on each table

Royal American Links also provides four complimentary rounds of golf to the wedding couple as an extra perk.

RAL - Central Ohio's Best Kept Secret

A lifetime's worth of happiness begins in a setting planned with your every wish in mind. From the smallest of ceremonies to the most lavish celebration, let Royal American Links turn those wishes into memories that will last a lifetime.

Ballroom, Country Club

Food + Catering, Planning

3300 Miller Paul Rd., Galena, OH (740) 965-1215

Royal American = Wonderful

Reviewed on 4/27/2015 Kirsten C

Royal American was amazing. The venue is stunning. Tara is the wedding coordinator and was incredibly helpful. She let us set up two days prior to the event, which was a huge time saver. On the day of the event, everything was perfect. The venue was worth the price, and it... Read More included just about everything. I would definitely recommend this place.

Great venue!

Reviewed on 4/12/2015 laurie s

Royal American Links was the perfect location for our daughter's reception! Tara could not have been more helpful--she let us do what we wanted, decoration-wise, and she only spoke up when she saw a potential problem with our ideas (and she was right!). It was awesome to have... Read More the option of a cozy fire in the beautiful fireplace when the day turned out to be chilly. With the exception of one bartender who didn't seem to be having a good day, the entire wait staff was great--sooo helpful and nice. Tara/RAL helped make our event fun, not stressful!!

Royal American Links gave us the perfect fairy tale reception!

Reviewed on 12/01/2014 Laurel S

We had our wedding reception at Royal American Links last August and we all could not be any happier with the venue! When we first visited RAL a little over a year ago, we all fell in love! I especially loved the look of the clubhouse, inside and out, and the landscape... Read More surrounding the area really added to the fairy tale in mind. Tara was a pleasure to work with all year round. She answered all our millions of questions, and was always really friendly. She made sure that we would not be disappointed. And she was right, all our expectations were not only met, they were exceeded. Our only concern we had, coming up close to the wedding date, was the fact that a golf banquet was scheduled the night before the wedding. With that taking place, we would not be able to come in earlier in the week to set up for our reception, which you can normally do there. Obviously, I or any of my family would not be able to decorate the venue the day of the wedding. Tara assured us that the staff would be there late at night on Friday and early morning Saturday to set up for the reception, and that this has happened before, so she said not to worry. We still had some anxiety over it though. So we had told them that some of us would stop by Friday night to help the staff. The staff didn’t really need help, but we still wanted to be involved. My mother, sister, and cousin showed up there after our rehearsal dinner, after the golf banquet was over, and they did as much as they could. Since I wasn’t able to be a part of the actual decorating, I handed Tara some notes and photos earlier in the week on how and where I wanted the décor. The staff had done such a great job, they put the reception hall together exactly how I had imagined it all along. When my husband and I walked into the hall for the first time that evening and saw all our family and friends in that very same space that was already charming but now all done up for the occasion, we were blown away, and it really made that amazing moment even more of a dream-come-true! Everything was fantastic (not to mention the gorgeous sunset view from the balcony)! Our guests LOVED the option of either being inside where the party was or taking a stroll outside within the beautiful scenery. Thankfully, we were blessed with perfect weather. Also, all the food we had selected for the event was very good! Many of our guests complimented on the food that was served. (We definitely recommend the pecan crusted salmon!) The chef, Jason, was very friendly and accommodating and he cooked up a wonderful trial dinner for us, and he and his staff were able to do it again on the day of our wedding! The staff at the reception was so nice and helpful to our guests. One of them even helped watch over a child who wandered into the garden room where our s’mores bar was. The child was curious for the snack and his parents hadn’t caught up to him quite yet. Paula, the banquet manager, was so sweet and extremely helpful! She gathered all our dollar dance money into an envelope and made sure we got that and all our wedding cards and other belongings at the end of the night. Some of our wedding party mentioned her a couple months later, saying they remember her and how sweet she was! I can’t say enough about Royal American Links as a wedding venue! They really went above and beyond to make our wedding day extra special! We'll be dreaming about it forever!

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Marah a

I owe it all to this magical place ..... This place made my dream wedding came true, after looking all over Columbus for the perfect and affordable venue, I found this place where everything I wanted was there. First I'll start with the manager Lisa Johnson, she an awesome lady... Read More who makes dreams come true, she helped us with everything from the first step till the end. She provided everything I needed and even on short notice, she is very flexible and she texted me pictures of things provided ( ex: table linen, centerpieces ..etc). Second, the catering was provided which made things much easier for us. THE FOOD WAS INDESCRIBABLE! everyone asked us later about the caterer and we told them it was Royal American Links themselves, they have this fantastic Chef who cooks anything desired. Third, the service of this venue is professional and everybody who works there helped making our wedding easy comfortable and elegant. They provided cake cutting, food and beverage serving so the guests were seated comfortably and served professionally. Fourth, the prices were very reasonable and especially for couples with a limited budgets. Last but not least, the ballroom looks amazing like a Disney fairytale Ballroom, the view from the balcony to the outside is breath taking and the golf courses helped creating beautiful natural wedding pictures. I highly and proudly recommend this place to couples who are interested in having a romantic wedding. It will forever be one of my favorite places on earth.

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Ashley P

Let's start by saying I don't write a lot of reviews, however, they did such a great job I had to. For starters Lisa is awesome and you won't be waiting around long to hear back from her. From working with her over the last year and checking out many other venues you can tell... Read More she loves what she does and is always there if you need anything answered. We looked at so many places in the Columbus area and this seemed to be one of the few willing to work with us on a smaller wedding (75 guests). Because we paid for the wedding ourselves price was very important, but not the only deciding factor. The staff during the wedding was great and the food was a lot better than we expected. They were even flexible with the menu allowing us to pick things not listed. I've been apart of several weddings, but never had one go so smoothly. I highly recommend Lisa and the Royal American Links for a wedding. We couldn't imagine a better wedding day. We got so many compliments about the venue and it was nice to do everything in one location.

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Lindsey G

Royal American was perfect for our May 6th wedding. We booked the venue a year and a half in advance, and Lisa was AMAZING to work with the entire time. She responded to my emails promptly (usually within an hour) and answered all of my questions (and I had a lot of them). She... Read More was very accommodating and made our wedding day exactly what we wanted! There wasn't an event planned for the night before, so we were able to set up most of our decorations after our rehearsal on Friday. The weather was crazy the day of our wedding, but Lisa came up with alternative options so we could still get married outside. The food was delicious and the event staff was wonderful as well! It is definitely a hidden gem!

Reviewed on 5/29/2017 Alena M

The coordinator, Lisa, was SO fabulous! She is so easy to work with and super responsive whenever any questions came up. The venue itself is so beautiful, the scenery is so awesome for pictures. It's also great because it's a golf club, but doesn't look like your typical golf... Read More club. The architecture is beautiful and I absolutely loved it from the second I first went there to look at it. The only reasons for not giving them that 5th star are because 1) the keg of Coors Light was really warm, unfortunately making it undrinkable and 2) it got insanely hot (granted I was wearing a lot of layers). However, I realize that either of these reasons aren't necessary their fault and had an awesome time regardless! The food is fantastic as well! Thanks Lisa :) :) :)

Reviewed on 5/11/2017 Emily B

My husband and I could not have asked for a better reception. Lisa the coordinator was a dream to work with, she helped ease my mind with all of my wedding planning worries and everything turned out lovely. The food was outstanding and we had lots of compliments. Loved getting... Read More to ride the golf carts out to the green to take pics. It rained a little bit on our day so we did not get to utilize the balcony like we hoped. oh well! Getting in the day before to set up was easy and the room looked amazing on our day!

Reviewed on 12/13/2016 Lauren V

I have had the GREAT pleasure of not only getting to work at Royal, but also to get married here! (So, I may be a little biased..but to be fair, I only started working at Royal after I had already signed a contract to get married here). My husband and I got married here on a... Read More beautiful fall day (10/15/16). From the beginning, even prior to being hired on, Lisa, Chef Jeff, and Jason ALL showed great concern to making sure that my wedding was the wedding of my dreams! Lisa never ceased to make sure that everything I wanted was in place! She was absolutely wonderful to work with on my wedding details. She was quick to answer questions, and assist when needed! And, having worked along side her, I constantly saw her doing everything she could to please every bride that walked into her office! Chef Jeff was an absolute joy to work with as well! He was always making sure that guests are accommodated to, receiving the best food and beverages possible! He even makes it a point to be available to brides and grooms, along with parents of brides and grooms, to answer any questions pertaining to the menu. He follows through, after events, to be sure that the food served, satisfied the needs of the guests! Our food for our Rehearsal and our Reception were out of this world! We did a Mediterranean Coastal-meets-Thai theme for our rehearsal dinner, and it was better than restaurant quality! For our reception, we had Italian food, including Chicken Parmesan and Vodka Penne Pasta! Chef let me directly participate in planning the menus for my rehearsal and reception. It all turned out beautifully. And, although, I work there, I have seen him work closely with other brides to assure that they are served a menu that fits their needs and wants, as well! The setting at Royal was equally as wonderful as the staff! Honestly, prior to coming to Royal, I was in contract with a venue in German Village (whom I ended up cancelling on). I had really wanted an urban, chic kind of wedding, downtown. When my mom and I went to Royal for a spur of the moment visit (which Lisa was very flexible about), I just decided to give it a shot. I felt like it was a great package all rolled into one! The golf course is an absolutely stunning backdrop, and the "castle" itself lends wonderfully to the look of the venue as a whole. (Our pictures in this setting, turned out beautifully!) Again, as I stated before, I did end up working for Royal American, but not before I had already signed a contract to use them as my wedding venue! This was the best choice I could have ever made as far as a wedding venue goes! We received SOOOO many compliments on our wedding, and the venue, and the food!! I cannot begin to express to Lisa, Chef, Jason, and all the wonderful staff (Justice, LT, Tracy, Pat, Deneen) how truly grateful Ross and I are to have been able to have you all help make our wedding, the best day of our lives!! We love you all so much, and truly appreciate all your hard work!

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Grace S

Lisa is so amazing!!! and this venue was so beautiful for our wedding!!!

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Tristan M

This was the venue of my wedding from 7/16/16 and I can't begin to express how wonderful E everything was. The staff was amazing and the event coordinator, Lisa, was always willing to help and answered all my questions in a timely manner. There wasn't any stress about time... Read More limits to set up/tear down and the staff helped with whatever we asked. The venue itself was beautiful, especially on the deck at sunset. I looked into 50+ venues and Royal American was by far the best choice.

Reviewed on 7/09/2016 Gina M

This place is amazing! Beautiful ceilings , amazing lights, the deck is awesome and you don't need much to make this room an elegant affair! Lisa is the bomb.com and chef Jeff is fabulous! Food, service, room top notch! Thank you for making my day perfect! I want to do it again... Read More it was so much fun and so beautiful! Dream come true! Thank you, Gina Masoni- McQuillen

Reviewed on 1/13/2016 Laria B

We had our wedding & reception at Royal American. The wedding turned out wonderfully. They were very accommodating to all of the details I wanted to integrate into my wedding & they let me hold my ceremony in a different part of the golf course, versus behind the building where... Read More they usually were held. It never once felt like we were on a golf course, which I loved. It was a beautiful site & I was very pleased with everything. I started with Tara as our coordinator, but she left 2 months before our wedding, so I did begin to freak out slightly. Jason, the manager, did help take some of my concerns off my chest & helped to make it as smooth as possible, while they were training Tara's replacement. In the end, it turned out fine, but of course it was a bit concerning right before the wedding. The reception went fairly well. They allowed me to decorate the way I wanted & I appreciated the flexibility. I received non-stop compliments about our food. We upgraded to prime rib for one of our entree's & I don't think anyone left the reception without being full. I would highly recommend the prime rib. The wait staff seemed friendly enough. I will agree with another post that I read that the bar staff could be friendlier. I did not receive many compliments about how they were treated & there was some confusion about what things cost & what was complimentary (we did not opt for an open bar, but soft drinks were free. They had a sign that said free on one side & prices on another side, so it caused confusion). I had about 130 guests & it was quite comfortable in the room, with plenty of space to walk around & it did not impose on the dance floor or trying to get food, cake or drinks. Overall, I had a great day, things went smoothly as far as what RAL could provide & I was happy. I would absolutely recommend this venue to anyone who asks.

Reviewed on 9/16/2015 Sara M

Royal American links was a beautiful setting for our September 5th wedding and reception! The planning process was seamless with the help of Tara, who is no longer the coordinator onsite. Paula, the banquet manager, was a fantastic asset to have onboard for day of coordination... Read More and I cannot say enough nice things about her as a person and the service she provided. She is truly an asset to the facility. RAL allowed us to set up 2 days prior to the wedding which was truly a lifesaver as far as time was concerned. Our wedding was around 215 guests which they claim can fit comfortably but I would estimate that number to be more around 180-200 max without needing to utilize the dance floor for table space. The food was typical banquet style food but I do highly recommend the chicken Marsala; it was fantastic and received great reviews. We chose to upgrade to bottled beer and extend the bar an hour. We were very upset to find out the majority of bottled beer had run out close to the 9:00pm hour (with reception lasting until 11:00pm). The bartenders were not the most accommodating (or friendly) when we voiced our concern. It took nearly an hour and a half to replenish most of the beer selection. In the big scheme of things; this did not ruin the evening but was an unfavorable event to deal with during the reception considering it was specified before hand and we were charged an extra fee for the service. Overall the service staff/logistics aspect could use some work but the venue for the wedding was beautiful and our guests seemed to have a truly memorable evening.

So thankful!

Reviewed on 11/29/2014 Kristina m

Our wedding ceremony and reception were held at Royal American Links this past October. I could not possibly have been happier with how the day turned out. Every single thing went according to plan, and I have Royal American Links to thank. Tara went above and beyond to make... Read More sure all of my details looked perfect. We had a special request for our menu and were a little nervous about how it would turn out, but Tara and the chef Jason ran with our vision and it was absolutely what we had imagined. Not to mention delicious! On the wedding day staff made sure we were comfortable and kept asking us if we needed anything, and brought us snacks even when we didn't realize that we were hungry. The location is absolutely gorgeous and was the most practical venue that we visited. There are locker rooms to get ready, a gorgeous event room for the reception, and a pub downstairs where we had our cocktail hour. We had the choice of an indoor or outdoor ceremony. We held ours indoors because of the time of year, and it was amazing how seamless the transition was from ceremony to reception in the same room. The venue was perfect for our "rustic" theme, but would also work for something more fancy. In the beginning (months before the wedding) the response time on the emails was a little slow, but do not be alarmed! It became clear that the staff puts all of their energy into the bride and groom of that week and when your day comes closer, the response time will become faster and faster, and you will become the center of their attention. I highly recommend Royal American Links to any bride and groom. I could keep typing all day. I do not have a single complaint (which is rare for me). Perfect venue!!

Gorgeous venue and wonderful service!

Reviewed on 11/16/2014 Hannah Z

I recently had my wedding at Royal American and was very impressed by all that it had to offer! My husband and I really wanted a preppy golf club type wedding, so when we found Royal American, we were very excited with what we could do. The event coordinator, Tara, was a joy to... Read More work with and was always able to answer any questions and offer insight. The wedding packages offered so much and were very well-priced. What impressed me the most was the service I received during the actual wedding day. All the staff made sure that my husband's needs and I were met. Even when my husband and I had to leave the dinner to go take a few pictures, we came back to our food heated up for us and the staff making sure we had everything we needed. I could not ask for more from Royal American. They made the wedding planning so easy and offered so much for such an awesome price. I would definately recommend Royal American for anyone looking for a wedding venue.

Amazing!!

Reviewed on 9/24/2014 Kathleen B

RAL was the absolute perfect place to have our wedding! The very first moment we walked in to the room, we knew we wanted to have our reception there. The whole atmosphere of the room was perfect, and the outside balcony was the selling point. Tara was so helpful throughout... Read More the entire process and was willing to answer any and all questions. Our day turned out to be absolutely perfect; the bar worked so well right next to the dance floor and the food was delicious, not your typical banquet food! Everyone on staff was so friendly and helpful throughout, especially Paula, the banquet manager. She carried my plate as we walked through the buffet and was there for us every step of the way; getting us drinks during dinner to showing us how to cut the cake! I honestly could not imagine a better place to have your wedding. I highly recommend RAL for any type of event!

Great Service and Food!

Reviewed on 1/03/2014 Nicole T

We had our Wedding Reception at RAL and it went wonderfully. The staff, especially Paula, was wonderful. They did everything we asked and were friendly and professional. The food was wonderful, we had the salmon and prime rib and received many compliments. We had a winter... Read More wedding and they had the fireplace going during our event, it created a very nice atmosphere. I had a few issues at the beginning communicating with the wedding coordinator, but in the end the reception was wonderful and went exactly as planned. I would recommend the venue (and the salmon as well!).

Absolutely perfect!

Reviewed on 9/02/2013 Shelby L

Royal American is a perfect place for your wedding!!! Tara and her entire staff were so incredibly helpful and completely accommodating! I couldn't have picked a place more perfect.

Wonderful

Reviewed on 8/22/2013 Mary L

Royal American is a gorgeous place for a wedding and reception. Our daughter and son-in-law were married in an outdoor wedding just off the golf course. The guests' view of the wedding from the balcony was unique and beautiful. The reception was fantastic. Everyone raved... Read More about the food. The staff members were so helpful and accommodating. Tara, the event planner, was just awesome. She took care of so many little details. There are great places on the golf course for pictures, too. The staff helped with the set-up and completely took care of all clean-up. I would give Royal American an A+!!!

Carole-Mother of the Bride

Reviewed on 7/15/2013 Carole E

Royal American Links is truly Central Ohio's best kept secret! We held our daughter's wedding reception there this past June in their beautiful banquet room with cathedral ceilings, chandeliers, built in bar, wood dance floor, stone fireplace, and lovely garden room.... Read More Numerous windows gave way to gorgeous views of the golf course, and French doors led to a wonderful balcony overlooking it all where the jazz band played during cocktail hour. We had so many compliments from our guests on the beautiful, relaxing venue. We really enjoyed working with Tara, the Sales Director, who made the entire planning process so easy and stress free from our first meeting with her until the conclusion of our event. My emails with questions or concerns were answered immediately, and I never had trouble reaching her. She listened to all of our ideas and suggestions, and made them a reality. Tara and the banquet manager were so helpful with their suggestions as well. Tara, the bartenders, and the entire staff were great that evening as they were focused solely on our event as there is only one event held there at a time. We were able to drop off our centerpieces, escort cards, guest book, etc. a couple of days prior to the wedding, and the staff set up the room according to our "vision" and then we went back to see if we wanted any changes made. When we dropped everything off, Tara helped us unload and carry everything in. At the conclusion of the reception, the staff took care of everything. They boxed all of our stuff up, locked all of the gifts in the office, and we were able to come the next day at our convenience to pick it all up. Tara helped us load it all up too! We had so many compliments on the delicious food as well. When we attended the taste testing a few months prior, we were able to try a variety of the food from their menu, and everything we ate was delicious. We really enjoyed the food and it was just as good, if not better, at the reception. You can't go wrong with the Seasonal Greens Salad with House Italian Vinaigrette, Pecan Crusted Salmon, Chicken Marsala, Roasted Potato Medley, and the Italian vegetable medley. We chose the Premium Bar Package, and liked the wine in that package, but we did upgrade the champagne. We would recommend Royal American Links for any event as Tara really listens to what you envision, makes helpful suggestions, works with you to keep it within your budget, and makes it as easy and stress free as possible from start to finish.

Cordinator, Sister of the Bride

Reviewed on 10/06/2011 Shannon M

The Royal American was absolutely awesome! The Ceremony outside was so beautiful, and the reception area inside was even more beautiful The service was amazing. The food was excellent. The cost was affordable. And Judi the cordinator of events there was a pleasure to work... Read More with. Highly, highly recommend the Royal American Links for any event!

Love Royal American

Reviewed on 9/07/2011 Lauren O

The whole experience with Royal American was wonderful. Day of our wedding, it was gorgeous. Food was great, staff was very professional and kind to all of our guests. We couldn't have wanted for any more.

Reception

Reviewed on 7/26/2011 Carrie W

Overall, great place. No regrets on choosing this reception venue.

This place was fantastic!

Reviewed on 7/15/2011 Ashley S

I loved everything about Royal American! Not only was the place BEAUTIFUL, but everyone was so helpful. I loved working with them and felt really confident leaving them in charge of my wedding. They did a wonderful job! :)