Rush Creek Golf Club

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Rush Creek Golf Club is a pristine property in Maple Grove, Minnesota. Set just 20 miles from downtown Minneapolis, the venue provides you with a chance to celebrate your wedding reception in the peace of the countryside. There’s an 18-hole championship golf course on the grounds and a sophisticated stone clubhouse.

MacMillan Ballroom. Elegantly decorated, this airy reception space has many traditional touches, such as carved wood paneling, crown moulding and two large stone fireplaces. There are also several chandeliers hanging from the vaulted ceiling. Its many windows flood the room with natural light. A Juliet balcony is attached to the ballroom, offering stunning views of the golf course and the sunset. It’s located on the first floor of the clubhouse and best for large receptions. The maximum capacity is 325 guests.

Skye Conference Room. This space has a style highly similar to that of the ballroom, but with a smaller and more intimate setting. There is a wall of windows and a grand stone fireplace, as well as ornately patterned carpets. It's located on the second floor of the clubhouse and is best for smaller receptions. The maximum capacity is 120 guests.

Stirling Conference Room. Suitable for relatively small gatherings, the classically decorated Stirling Conference Room has a maximum capacity of 60 guests. Combined with the Skye Room, the Stirling Room is a wonderful pre-function space.

The venue offers its own catering services. Your catering package will cover a cocktail reception, hors d’oeuvres, dinner, cake, desserts and bar service. You can choose food stations like nachos and stir fry, as well as graceful presentation displays such as saladtinis and fresh seasonal fruit. There are options for plated or buffet dinners and you can even select elaborate seven-course formal meals. Your catering staff includes waiters and you have the option of having butlers pass certain hors d’oeuvres.

Wedding packages come at discounted prices during the off-season. Your rental fee will cover event planning services and cleanup, as well as the use of tables, chairs, linens, china, glassware and flatware. A non-refundable deposit is needed to reserve your event date. The balance is due seven days prior to your wedding. Final guest count is due three days prior to your wedding.

The facility provides liability insurance. There's an on-site parking lot and valet parking is available. The building is handicap accessible. You and your guests will have complimentary wireless Internet access.

Rehearsal dinners can also be held at the Rush Creek Golf Club. The venue will provide setup and cleanup services, in addition to waiters, china, tables, glassware, china, linens and bar service. You are welcome to host bridal showers and engagement parties here too.

Extras can be added to your wedding package for separate fees. These options include:

• Cake-cutting
  • Ice carving
  • Votive candles
  • Framed table numbers
  • Mirror tiles
  • Specialty linens
  • Dance floor

Experience the Best!

From your first visit to Rush Creek our Catering Coordinators will guide you through every detail to make your special day the perfect memory. We will entertain your thoughts long before we entertain your guests. Your event will be brought to life with personalized service and delightful cuisine.

Ballroom, Country Club

7801 County Road 101, Maple Grove, MN (763) 494-0400

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Catie B

I would highly recommend Rush Creek!!! We had our reception there in the middle of the summer and it was absolutely beautiful! From the beautiful flowers at the entrance to the amazing reception room with the stone fireplace and vaulted ceilings to the perfect outdoor patio we... Read More absolutely loved all of it. We worked with Kendra and she amazing! She was very responsive and helpful and definitely made our wedding day so special! She got our vision and helped make the venue look more stunning than we could have imagined. The staff were wonderful as well and helped make our day perfect. We received many comments from guests on the beautiful scenery and delicious food. Thank you Rush Creek and Kendra!!

Stone Fireplaces and Vaulted Ceilings!

Reviewed on 12/14/2015 Kelly H

We chose Rush Creek for our wedding reception and I am so happy! Kendra (Coordinator) was absolutely amazing. She was quick at responding to emails to the endless questions I had. I couldn't have asked for a better coordinator to work with. Rush Creek is such a beautiful and... Read More classy venue. One of my favorite things about having our wedding reception at Rush Creek was that they took care of set up and take down. It was 100% worry-free. The staff was great as well. They took care of everything. The night of the wedding Tanya (Rush Creek Employee) had everything taken care of before I would ask and she even boxed of pizza for me at the end of the night! She made sure the cake was boxed up and in the car of my in laws and that the guys got the gifts out to the cars as well. It was awesome! All of our guest were wowed by what a great venue Rush Creek is and I would strongly recommend this venue! I don't have a single negative thing to say about Rush Creek. It was more than I could have asked for.

Reviewed on 7/08/2015 Melissa C

I was so impressed with the level of service before, during and after our wedding. Aimee, the coordinator, made everything so easy on us. They worked with us regarding food allergies, like to the point where Aimee got the ingredient list of everything we would have there and had... Read More a special meal made for my dad because of all his allergies. It was perfect! They also accommodated guest allergies as well.. with our large group... that's amazing! People couldn't stop talking about the food, it was seriously that good. Everything was set up perfectly! The entire night ran so smoothly, we didn't have to worry about a thing. I couldn't have asked for more. The venue was stunning, the fire pits outside were lit without asking, our decorations were set up perfectly... seriously everything was perfect. I definitely recommend Rush Creek, #1 for the coordinator and how perfectly she had everything run and #2 for the sheer beauty of the indoor and outdoor space. Thank you Aimee and Rush Creek! You FAR exceeding our expectations and helped make our day perfect!

Reviewed on 3/06/2017 Maddy K

Rush Creek is beautiful, Kendra was great to work with, very accommodating and guest were very impressed. Four weeks prior to our wedding, another wedding booked the room upstairs. We were assured we would not be interrupted and the wedding would not interfere with our day.... Read More Unfortunately, our first look was interrupted by the other wedding party and the photographer walking in right when I was going to tap my husband on the shoulder. Also, we were instructed to return the day after our wedding to pick up wedding decorations. When we returned, none of the decorations were packed up (which we were told they would be). Overall, great experience (love Kendra and would recommend working with her!) just a couple hick-ups.

2017-03-09T11:56:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to provide an excellent experience from start to finish and will address the items mentioned above.

Reviewed on 12/10/2016 Mackenzie K

Beautiful and stress-free venue!! Kendra was SO wonderful to work with (email, in-person, etc.), and knew exactly what she was doing to make it a truly perfect day for us! We received so many compliments from guests on our venue and how beautiful it was, which is always... Read More wonderful to hear! We toured quite a few venues before making our decisions, and are so happy that we chose Rush Creek! I would absolutely recommend Rush Creek as your venue! P.S. I would also recommend having a winter wedding, as their xmas decorations are gorgeous!! - Mackenzie

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Katie R

the in-house event coordinators are fantastic and super helpful! We are using it as a ceremony and reception site and I love that they can flip the seating for us. Beautiful location and venue!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Lisa W

Food was good & a beautiful location. Things we didn't like: 1. Get any promotions or deal they offer you in writing!!! Kendra told us during one of our meetings that we'd get a round of golf for 4 for free. A few months after the wedding we came back for our "free" round of... Read More golf. AFTER we golfed she told us that only my round of golf was free and that the other 3 people would have to pay for their round of golf. She at least gave us a discount on the other 3, but said she hadn't written down in her notes the free round of golf for 4 so she wouldn't honor it. 2. My parents hosted the bar until dinner. They told us the tip jars wouldn't go out until after dinner since my parents were covering the tip (20%) as part of hosting the bar. However, the tip jars were out right away so our guest were paying for something that was already covered.

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Lisa W

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Alisha S

I'm not one to write reviews unless I really love or really hate some thing. I LOVED Rush Creek! The venue is absolutely beautiful and our wedding coordinator (Kendra) was great. She responded to my way too many to count questions/emails promptly. She is very professional... Read More and knows what she's doing. We had both the ceremony and reception there and it was truly amazing. I would recommend Rush Creek to anyone.

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Elizabeth H

Our wedding reception was amazing! The staff at Rush Creek did a great job of making my vision a reality. Kendra was excellent to work with, and very flexible. She definitely knows what she's doing! My husband and I were unsure about a few things throughout the planning... Read More process, but Kendra assured us that it would be great, and it was perfect. We got so many compliments on the food and the venue. The price could not be beat either! Would highly recommend the location to anyone!

Reviewed on 8/27/2015

We held our reception dinner at Rush Creek Golf Club and could not have been happier. Aimee Michaelson and the staff went above and beyond to make our reception seamless, effortless, and fun. They were able to accommodate a variety of diet restrictions among our guests with ease... Read More and all of the food was amazing! We were hearing compliments about the food for days after the event! The staff were attentive and kind, paying attention to even the smallest detail. A wonderful experience from start to finish!

Overall Great Venue

Reviewed on 7/28/2015 Laura N

Rush Creek is gorgeous! Everything about it made us book the venue. The only downside was the communication between us, the venue coordinator and the waitstaff. We were asked to cut the cake before we even were served the salad and was bothered to cut the cake every five minutes... Read More until I snapped on one of the waitstaff saying that we will cut it after the main course is served. We did have to repeat some of the accommodations since the coordinator went on vacation before the wedding and forgot to record any food allergies in our order. We contacted Aimee (who I highly recommend) when the coordinator was out of town and she helped us with everything. The food was great though! Pros: - amazing decor and photography backdrop - great food - great staff overall Cons: - hard to get a hold of (I would call our coordinator and receive an email back the next day.) - little communication between the waitstaff - trial food not included in the cost of the wedding. You have to pay per meal which was around $200 per person. We opted out.

Overall Great Venue

Reviewed on 7/28/2015 Laura N

Absolutely stunning

Reviewed on 3/03/2015 Katie A

We worked with Aimee. She was amazing. She went above and beyond to ensure our day exceeded our expectations. She was patient, kind, fun and so easy to work with. We are blessed to have chosen Rush Creek just to work with her. Rush Creek does charge for their tastings. That... Read More kind of sucks. But honestly- we just went with Aimee's recommendations because we didn't want to pay. She was spot on. it was DELICIOUS. Everyone STILL talks about the food. It was so good- fresh and hot. I was impressed. The venue was gorgeous. Just what we wanted. I would recommend them in a heartbeat. THANK YOU, RUSH CREEK!

Beautiful venue!

Reviewed on 11/10/2014 joyce r

From the first meeting with Kendra, to the last hour of the wedding day with Tanya, Rush Creek was as perfect as can be! Kendra was amazing, easy to work with and communication was a breeze via emails. Her experience shows; her "estimates" of food etc were within single digits.... Read More We had an unusually cold and windy early October wedding. We had hoped to have the cocktail hour on the patio, but she was flexible and made the last minute change to inside effortlessly. The view from inside with the large windows was absolutely beautiful; we had so many comments from our guests on the beautiful venue- both inside and out. Tanya was amazing, she provided us with any little detail we might need throughout the whole day from morning until nearly one AM. Our guests commented on the great food, the fun 10 pm snack (mini sliders and fries), and the beautiful views. We brought in individual apple pies which the plated for us and even served them warm! As a whole, we would describe this venue as classic, warm, and inviting with a relaxed feel. We couldn't have asked for anything more for the special day.

Wonderful!

Reviewed on 11/03/2014 Melissa W

We held both the ceremony and reception at Rush Creek. It is the most beautiful venue! And they are always updating/upgrading the location with the most beautiful finishes and landscaping (that even prompted our photographer to do a majority of our shots outside!) The staff is... Read More SO NICE and professional! They think of everything two steps ahead of you; I never really had to ask for anything, because by the time I thought of it whatever it was was already being taken care of! The food was amazing, they were so flexible with our meal options, and our guests really had the best time and raved about the location, the food, and staff, etc. Really, very impressive! The coordinator, Aimee, helped us a great deal with wedding planning and she is incredible! She is so nice and personable, it felt like we were friends at the end! She really thought of everything and and made me, our families and friends feel so welcome and comfortable. She really allowed my day to go very smoothly and without a hitch. I did not have one 'freak out' moment the entire day! To be given such piece of mind on such a busy and important day is really priceless. I am so thankful for Aimee and her staff. Overall - you will not be sorry to have any event at Rush Creek. The ambiance, the decor, the amazing staff - everything is right on par (no pun intended)!

Everything was Perfect

Reviewed on 10/16/2014 Margo H

When we visited Rush Creek to talk to them about our wedding we knew it was the perfect venue for us. Working with their staff was easy and fun! They are extremely professional and knowledgeable. They really go out of their way to make sure your guests have a great time! The... Read More event planner you work with helps you through the entire process. We had a lot of personal touches that they were more than willing to set up on the day of. I knew I didn't have to worry! Everything was perfect!

Rush Creek for the win!

Reviewed on 9/01/2014 Courtney G

I am from Wright county and my dad wanted our reception to be close enough that he could sleep in his own bed after the dance. Rush Creek was my favorite location that we looked at, BY FAR. The ballroom is gorgeous, you do need need extra decor to make it feel like a classy... Read More ballroom. The food is great and the staff was so helpful! I had multiple meetings with my wedding planner through Rush Creek and she made it so easy to plan! They are so experienced with weddings and know exactly how to do things. If you are willing to spend a little extra Rush Creek is a great venue to have your reception at!

WOW!!!!!

Reviewed on 7/27/2014 Kate

Do not listen to a single negative (or slightly negative) review on here. Rush Creek is amazing!! We worked with Kendra and she was the easiest person to work with. With Rush Creek you are not only getting a beautiful venue and amazing staff you also get a coordinator who takes... Read More care of everything. A few days before our wedding we came and dropped everything off, Kendra and her staff set everything up beautifully and perfectly and then on the Monday we picked up everything that was left over. All the miscellaneous things were boxed up and ready to go. Kendra even coordinated with our vendors, and I didnt have to be the middle person. Also, to complicate things, since we had a Jewish wedding we brought in Kosher meals for some of our guests. The staff kept everything straight to separate the meals and serve them to the correct table as well as know which wine was allowed to be served there. It was amazing! Anyone, looking at the place would know that it is beautiful and these pictures do not lie. However, know that the food is also fantastic and the service you will get is out of this world.

Awesome facility

Reviewed on 5/14/2014 Marwa A

Great place to have your wedding. The staff was very helpful and the manager I worked with, Kendra, was very easy to work with,

Friendly, Personable, Quality Service & Food

Reviewed on 1/27/2014 Lindsey K

The title says it all.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 11/20/2013 Elizabeth H

Everything was amazing at Rush Creek! Our wedding planner was willing to answer any question at any time.

Rush Creek

Reviewed on 11/16/2013 Christin S

We worked with Kendra at Rush Creek. The staff that worked the evening of the wedding were very helpful. At times working with Kendra was a bit tough since both my husband and I have very busy schedules and Kendra was not as flexible as we were hoping she would be. It was a... Read More beautiful venue, we had many guests comment on how nice it was and say that the food was very good. It was worth the money since they did take care of many things for us, such as the set up.

Rush Creek

Reviewed on 10/13/2013 nichole k

We had our ceremony and reception at Rush Creek in September. I couldn't be happier with the wedding coordinator, how smooth planning went and how everything turned out, it was perfect. A little on the pricier side, but definitely worth the money spent. I wouldn't change a... Read More thing!

Amazing Venue!

Reviewed on 7/16/2013 Keena M

This was a beautiful location to have our reception! Aimee was the BEST to work with and made all of our planning so easy. She set up all of our centerpieces and worked with us on anything that we want to see happen. And the food was AMAZINg, one of our dishes was a filet mignon... Read More - and they were cooked PERFECTLY. I would recommend this venue to anyone, it was just perfect!