Salt Creek Grille

Rumson, NJ

Uniquely Original...Always Extraordinary

Spectacular Jersey Shore location, Salt Creek Grille has a long-respected reputation creating extraordinary experiences for your most treasured occasions. Every uniquely planned event promises lasting memories of the absolute best there is to offer for one-of-a-kind culinary and entertaining celebrations, reliably hosted and always reasonable.

• Outdoor - Covered

Guest Capacity

Backyard, Waterfront, Beach, Cruise, Garden, Restaurant, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

4 Bingham Avenue on the, Rumson, NJ

LOVED the Salt Creek Grille for our wedding!

Reviewed on 5/24/2014 Nicole M

I cannot say enough positive things about Barbara Penta and her staff at Salt Creek Grille. They were extremely friendly, organized, and efficient. They were very accommodating to our non-traditional cocktail-style wedding and worked with the weather for a seamless transition... Read More from outside to inside at the last minute. The food was delicious, the staff was professional, and a great time was had by all. We highly recommend!

Perfect Wedding Day!

Reviewed on 11/03/2013 Liz G

We planned our wedding from halfway across the country, but Barbara Penta helped us make it exactly what we had hoped for! Our wedding day was laid-back, personal, and special. The food was top-notch and one of our main reasons for booking this venue. The other main reason was... Read More the view; being able to have our ceremony on the water was incredible. It did rain a little, but we avoided anything beyond that, and we knew we would be able to make it work inside if we had to! We even waved at the restaurant guests during our ceremony and were treated to a wall-sized-window full of enthusiastic waves back. Barbara coordinated all the day-of vendors seamlessly and was a steady guide on our wedding day. When a guest asked me if she could sit at a different table, Barbara and her amazing staff were able to make some last-minute seating changes for us. They were incredibly flexible and accommodating. The servers were fantastic, and we especially appreciated one server who saw that I had not yet eaten and grabbed me a sampling plate of our hors d'oeuvres, as well as another server, Julie, who came and seated us every time a course was served. We were grateful to be able to eat at our own wedding since the food was so good! In fact, over and over our guests told us they had never had such good food at a wedding before. Finally, the bartenders were great, and again, thanks to Julie, every time I put down my drink or finished one, another one magically appeared in my hand. Thanks for an incredible wedding day! We can't wait to come back and eat there again.

Rehearsal Dinner

Reviewed on 9/25/2013 Kimberly O

We had our Rehearsal Dinner at Salt Creek Grille the night before our wedding. We were in a room downstairs, which was beautiful. The room has large windows overlooking the lake & the sun was setting, which just added to the beauty. The food was delicious and everything was... Read More off without a hitch. I would love to go back to Salt Creek Grille!

Reviewed on 2/16/2015 Allison R

Looking for a wedding venue with personal service without the Wedding Factory feel - SALT CREEK is for YOU! Right on the river, the room and views are breathtaking. Barbara and her team will make sure that every detail is covered and nothing is left out In addition to... Read More the service here, the food is AMAZING.

Beautiful Riverside Views

Reviewed on 10/28/2013 Stephanie A

The views are unbeatable at Salt Creek Grille. The food is excellent. I got such great feedback about our passed appetizers, our dinner menu, and our his-and-hers cocktails. The banquet manager Barbara Penta is such a pleasure to work with. She responds over email in a timely... Read More fashion and is available over the phone and in-person. She goes above and beyond to make sure your wedding is a success. She was even running around on my wedding day attending to all the details. I didn't hire a day-of coordinator because she did it all! Their wedding package is excellent. Barbara breaks it all down for you and explains it down to the last detail so there are no hidden anything. Their offerings are excellent. If you have a shuttle bus for guests, they can take the windy road which runs along the river for more amazing views. Our pictures are really wonderful along the pier. The pier was recently reconstructed after Sandy and the event space was redone. If the weather is good, an outdoor cocktail hour is a must, so guests can drink, eat, and take in the river views. The outdoor garden area is well-kept and the space is private for your reception. This is an excellent venue for the bride looking for something other than a massive catering hall. It is a space with personality, charm, and excellent service. Things to consider: There is a restaurant upstairs and they do share the bathroom with your wedding. I did not notice the restaurant guests at all. The bathroom was clean. You provide your own wedding cake (or a preferred dessert). But as part of the package, they also provide a house dessert to go along with it. Restaurant guests love to sit by the window and watch the wedding from above. Be prepared for honks and well wishes as people drive by on the bridge! You will have a wonderful and memorable wedding here.

On Site Ceremony & Reception

Reviewed on 11/17/2012 Nicole L

We had our wedding at the Salt Creek Grille, both the ceremony and reception. We are still hearing raving reviews from friends and family of just HOW YUMMY the food was at our wedding. It could not have been more perfect! The bridge and dock provided a beautiful backdrop for our... Read More ceremony and pictures. Barbara Penta and her staff were a pleasure. She took every worry and concern we had and somehow just made everything work. She is so talented and professional it was a pleasure to work with her. She really understood our style and then made our dream come true! We cannot wait to go back for dinner, seriously the food is that good!

Just what we needed

Reviewed on 9/02/2012 Katie S

Great food and service! The open space was ideal for rehearsing and mingling with friends and family.

Wonderful Reception!

Reviewed on 8/01/2012 Danielle C

We just had our wedding reception at the SCG on July 6, 2012 and it was great! We had about 80 guests and everything was very smooth. Barbara Penta, the event coordinator, even took the time to fix a mishap with a few of our centerpieces when she put them out, went above and... Read More beyond and I was especially glad that she stayed for the entire event. The only complaint I heard or had the entire evening was the cocktail hour was a bit light on the food. The stationary displays were not refreshed and the butler served items were sparse as a butler was not around often. The drinks were strong, and the atmosphere, location, ambiance and food were unparalleled. The guests all REALLY enjoyed the private outside patio on the water and we were able to take our pictures right on the dock and outside, it was wonderful, allowing us to be "involved" with cocktail hour, which we enjoyed. I would HIGHLY recommend this venue.

Reviewed on 6/16/2012 jenn c

We had our reception at the Salt Creek grille in Princeton... it was a champagne brunch and was WONDERFUL! Robert Strasser is the sales manager, and he was super easy to work with. I don't think he ever said "no!" He was able to do everything we needed, made changes to the... Read More menu for us, changed linen colors.... all for the same cost. The food was amazing, service was great!

absolutely fabulous

Reviewed on 12/07/2011 erin m

love the outdoor couches and fireplace....The aroma from the kitchen is wonderful....Food and wine selection impecable. One of my favorite places!

gorgeous venue

Reviewed on 11/10/2011 Allie P

I came across this venue online, and it was a perfect fit for my autumn-themed wedding. I wanted guests to feel welcome and cozy, which was exactly what this restaurant provided. We held our ceremony outdoors behind the restaurant, followed by a brunch reception in the three... Read More private rooms they have. Guests are still raving about the food, everything was absolutely delicious! The food stayed hot, and there was plenty for everyone. Robert is great at coordinating events, offering help and guidance where I needed it, while still allowing my husband and I to add the personal touches we wanted.

Reviewed on 10/21/2011 Gina N

My wedding at Salt Creek Grille was exceptional. The event coordinator, Robert, handled all of the details with efficiency and class. The staff was amazing and it really was a wonderful party. The food was delicious and the cost was very affordable.I would definitely recommend... Read More this place to anyone who is looking to have a fun, easy, yet classy reception.

Very Happy!

Reviewed on 10/07/2011 Kimberly D

Everything at Salt Creek was excellent, and it was all thanks to Barbara Penta, the event coordinator there. She listened to everything that I wanted for my special day, and made it all happen. The ceremony, cocktail hour and reception were wonderful. We had about 105 people and... Read More it was perfect. We wanted something on the water but comfortable and quaint. We got exactly that. Finding a place to get married on the water in the area can be VERY pricy, and Barbara really works with you and coordinates everything around what you want. They have several packages to choose from so you can really make it what you want. You wont be disappointed!

Perfect Wedding 7/22/11

Reviewed on 8/06/2011 Kimberly E

My ceremony and reception at the Salt Creek Grille in Rumson two weeks ago was everything I dreamed it would be. Barbara Penta was a joy to work with and handled all the details perfectly. I never had to worry about a thing. The riverside location was gorgeous and made for... Read More beautiful photos. We got many compliments about the lovely location, delicious food and wonderful service. Thank you Barbara and Salt Creek Grille for making our day so special!

Delicious Rehearsal Dinner

Reviewed on 8/02/2011 Stephanie H

The Salt Creek Grille has delicious food! They were great for our rehearsal dinner. The food was amazing and the servers were very nice. The room and atmosphere is great too. They had a band playing that night. We were in our private room, so for those that wanted the quiet it... Read More was perfect, and those that wanted the band could venture out into the main bar area. Really phenomenal place. I highly recommend them for any special event!

Review for Salt Creek Grille

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Brooke j

The ambiance. Right on the Navesink River it was a beautiful tranquil location.;The staff. Our wedding coordinator made multiple mistakes but claimed this has never happened before. Attention to detail!