Sand Petal Weddings

SARASOTA, FL

Offering Beach Ceremonies and Beach Receptions

Sand Petal Weddings focuses on the destination bride! Offering all inclusive wedding packages! Choose a Beach front ceremony and your choice of beach front receptions. Most packages include: dinner, Dj, luau show, wedding cake, wedding planner, ceremony arbor, officiant, and live musician.

• Outdoor - Covered

Waterfront, Beach, Garden, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

4602 Ashton Rd, SARASOTA, FL (941) 923-6060

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Megan H

My husband and I knew when we got engaged that we wanted to get married on a beach and Florida was the perfect place because we both have family there. My Aunt, who lives in Siesta Key, Florida, saw a Sand Petals wedding taking place while she was walking on the beach one day.... Read More She went up to the wedding planner and asked for a card so she could give it to me. She said the wedding was beautiful and that we should consider getting married in Siesta Key and using Sand Petals. Well the research began. I found out that Siesta Key is ranked as the #1 beach in the US. Then I began looking at the Sand Petals website which described out all of the different options. My dad, my husband and I decided we had to go check it out for ourselves. We met with Lisa who couldn't have been nicer. She went over every detail with us and my husband and I became so excited. Before making a final decision, we decided to go check the beach out. As we walked out on the beach imaging everything Lisa had just told us, we knew it was perfect for us. So, we went back the next day to meet with Lisa one last time before we flew home to Maryland. We picked a date, made a deposit and the wedding planning began. Now I was a bit worried about how I would plan a wedding in Florida while living in Maryland. I can't thank Lisa and Catherine enough for answering every question I had. I was a rookie at this, so I had no idea what I was getting into, but Lisa and Catherine made it so easy. We had several emails back and forth over the 10 or so months. They also gave me a bridal questionnaire packet that explained exactly what I needed to pick out. They even provided all of the vendors, so I didn't have to go searching for them. My husband and I went back to see Lisa and Catherine a couple months later so we could choose the décor, colors, etc. which helped a lot because we got to see first hand what we were choosing. When the big day finally came, I could see the wedding tent going up from my room. I would peak out every now and then to see what else had been set up. Each time I looked, I would get more excited. Once I finally got out on the beach, dressed and ready to go, I was completely blown away. It was amazing. It was everything I had ever dreamed of. Every detail was perfect. The officiant was very sweet, food was amazing, staff was very helpful and friendly, the cake was out of this world, and the DJ played every song we wanted to hear and more. This combination made for a unforgettable wedding. Every guest repeated over and over how beautiful everything was. I even had several people tell me that it was the best wedding they had ever been to! Lisa and Catherine did such an amazing job helping me plan my dream wedding and getting every detail perfect down to the last bow. As I look back now, 3 weeks later, I wouldn't change a single thing. I am so thankful for Lisa and Catherine. They are truly amazing and I would recommend Sand Petals to any and every new bride. You wont regret it!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

Where do I start?Communication was a huge deal for us.Kathi and Lisa were there for us from day one with any questions we may have had either by email,phone or in person.The only complaint we have is not owning a time machine to go back in time to experience our wedding day all... Read More over again.It was so perfect.From the smallest details to the more intricate things,everything was perfect.I have been known to leave a wedding and bring back fast food to the table for myself because of horrible wedding food.I will normally eat a good meal before a wedding because of this.Our food was so good.Every thing from the appetizers to the cake was amazing.The food smelled so good I was distracted and couldn't wait until we were over with the photo shoot so that we could eat.Which brings us to our wedding photographer.He was very professional and down to earth.He sent us a few teaser photos via email and our jaws literally dropped.We cannot wait to get the rest of the photos from him.We had friends and family from both Pennsylvania and Florida.Most from Florida.To hear our guest from Florida who have seen their share of beach weddings say that our wedding was the best beach wedding they have ever been to made us very happy and was confirmation that we had made the right choice when we decided to go with Sand Petal Weddings to help us with our wedding.Our guest were kept on their toes and there was never a dull moment at the reception.The entertainment was amazing.Every time we though it was about to end the entertainers came out with something else.We are still receiving texts,calls and emails about how much fun everyone had.There are even talks about having a yearly thing back at the venue with everyone who was there for the wedding.This kind of buzz does not happen if everyone didn't have a good time.The theme was perfect.From the colors to how everything was decorated.Lisa did an amazing job taking care of all of that.It will be very hard to top that day.A day that we had worked so hard for and for so long was made a reality with the help of Sand Petal Weddings.We both agreed that if anyone would ask,that we would absolutely,without a shadow of a doubt recommend Sand Petal Weddings as their go-to wedding planners.We honestly cannot find one thing to complain about even if we tried.The wedding went so smooth with the help of Kathi and Lisa.We did not feel like just another customer with them.We felt the urge on their part to make our wedding the most memorable day of our lives and they definitely followed through with that.We couldn't be any happier.We truly felt like a king and queen that day as should any bride and groom should feel on their special day.We appreciate every single thing that this company has done for us.Our guest could not stop talking about how beautiful everything was,how great the food was,how much fun they had watching the entertainers do their thing.The participation from the bride and groom during the entertainment segment had everyone laughing and smiling from ear to ear.All the vendors were great and very professional.I really can't say enough about Sand Petal Weddings and I would recommend them to anybody looking to make their dream wedding a reality.A huge, HUGE THANK YOU to Lisa and Kathi from Sand Petal Weddings for making our dream beach wedding come true and having it done so perfectly.It'll be something we will remember and talk about with our friends and family for a very long time.

This was our dream beach wedding!

Reviewed on 12/17/2014 Jackie F

Cathy and Lisa from Sand Petal Weddings are seasoned professionals in the business of planning weddings and it showed in every little detail of our big day. Planning a wedding from another state was something we were initially nervous about, but they made it easy for us by going... Read More through the process step by step, laying out all of choices and reminding us of what decisions needed to be made by when. They were also incredibly accommodating about some of the elements of our event that we wanted to customize. I feel like as a bride leading up to the big day I had some of the normal stresses, but what I noticed about my day in comparison to so many other weddings I've been a part of was that I felt like I didn't have a care in the world on the big day! I woke up, went for a walk on the beach, had coffee with some of my family and had plenty of time to get ready with my bridesmaids and have our photographer take some photos of the girls before it was show time - Cathy and Lisa literally ran the show on the day of and I did not have to worry about a thing! And what made it even better was showing up later and seeing how absolutely beautiful everything was set up; exactly according to plan. The DJ was great; we had some impromptu speeches and an impromptu singer and he was really awesome about going with the flow and making everything fit right in. I have to say planning long distance, one of my biggest worries was the food and not be able to try it beforehand...IT WAS DELICIOUS and all of our guests RAVED about the food! And to top it all off, instead of wedding cake, we requested the caterer make 3 different kinds of custom Brazilian desserts; they passed the test with flying colors - half of our wedding guests were Brazilian and they gave the dessert a thumbs up! Same thing with the bartenders, one of our prerequisites was that they needed to be able to make caipirinhas which is a traditional Brazilian cocktail, and Cathy and Lisa made sure they were equipped to do so beforehand. We really can't thank this team enough - you made our day one that we could re-live a million times over and discover something new and wonderful we loved about it each time

Thank you for making our wedding a day we will never forget!

Reviewed on 10/18/2014

My husband and I got married in May earlier this year. We live in Chicago but knew we wanted to marry and have our reception on the beach in Florida. We looked at resorts, restaurants, museums, etc but when we found Sand Petal we thought it was almost too good to be true. These... Read More guys are a one stop shop which when you are planning from a distance, cannot be beat! I will say I was a pretty hands off bride, we filled out the check list and I truly put my trust in the professionals. Lisa even called me a month before the wedding to ask about color scheme, my novice eyes had created a hodgepodge of colors but after vaguely explaining what I was looking for, she created EXACTLY what we were hoping for but couldn't put into words. Now on to the day.... They were there setting up at 8am, seeing what they did in 6 hours was amazing! They transformed this little piece of the beach into our private sanctuary. My husband and I are still in awe of how they were able to capture exactly what we had imagined it to look and feel like. The ceremony was great, the special touches were unexpected surprises, the dj respected our requests, the photographer took amazing pics, the food was great (another wonderful surprise... As many are, when we got back to the hotel room we were so hungry and looked in the fridge and they had left 2 plates of food for us!!!) who does that?!?! Amazing! Lisa and Kathy are amazing! I really felt like they were there for us and our party and kept things running smoothly without disrupting the vibe. We recommend Sand Petal Weddings to anyone looking to have a destination wedding on the West coast of Florida! They really do take care of decor, food, photography, ceremony etc. for a set price. They were fair and at the end there were no hidden or excessive costs. Could not be happier!! And if you are daring enough to give up the reigns and be open to where their ideas take you, you may find, as I did, that the ladies of Sand Petal Weddings will give the the perfect setting to marry your sweetheart. Thank you to everyone at Sand Petal who made our wedding awesome!!! The Fultons

Reviewed on 7/28/2017 Emma K

What can I say, from start to finish the girls at sand petal weddings were absolutely amazing! We were married on Anna Maria Island on the 7th of April 2017. The girls went above and beyond to facilitate us in so many ways! I thought I would be so stressed, trying to organize... Read More a wedding in Florida from Ireland, but the girls helped me in so many ways. Our day was perfect and I would highly recommend sand petal weddings. If anyone is planning a wedding in Florida please use sand petal weddings.

Reviewed on 7/13/2017

Sand Petal Weddings was seriously the best decision I made for my wedding. They have enough options that you still feel like you have a real say in what happens on your wedding day, but it's all in one spot and super easy to handle, especially if you're planning a destination... Read More wedding. Then, on the day, I had ZERO worries. They set everybody up, got everybody into place, and took care of everything. They even had a drink of my choice in my hand as I was walking into the reception. They were fantastic. I had the best wedding I could have asked for, and I know it was all thanks to Sand Petal Weddings. Lisa and Cathy seriously rocked.

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Ashley F

I can not put into words how phenomenal these wedding planners are. They have style, grace, talent, patience... everything a bride needs in a wedding planner. They literally do all the hard work for you. Every bride appreciates a quick response and they were on top of my... Read More millions of e-mails and i never felt like i was nuisance with all of my questions. Sand Petal Weddings was by far the BEST decision I made as far as planning my wedding goes. The are the absolute best in the biz when it comes to beach weddings. Who doesn't want to have their wedding ceremony AND reception on the beach?!! I am overall very pleased and impressed with their work!

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 kim m

The wedding coordinators were friendly, professional and wonderful to work with. They made our special day amazing!! I would highly recommend Cathy and Lisa to whoever is thinking of planning a beach wedding!! The vendors they used were top notch. We wouldn't have changed a... Read More thing!!

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Jeremy B

Sand Petal Weddings made our wedding day absolutely perfect in every way! With their support and guiding our guests along with our vendors everything came together perfectly. From start to finish every interaction with them was an absolute pleasure. Changes even at the very... Read More last minute, changes made on the day of the wedding, they made happen perfectly. My wife and I couldn't speak highly enough of them and we both recommend them for putting together a five star wedding!!

Reviewed on 5/11/2017 Kelsey N

Cathy and Lisa at Sand Petal were amazing. We live out of state and working with them made planning everything from so far away very easy. They were always very responsive and gave great feedback and suggestions to all my questions. They kept everything running smoothly, the... Read More day of the wedding, even with a few small hiccups from our 4 year old ring bearer and mother of the bride. The ceremony itself was gorgeous. They didn't originally have the color bows that my bridesmaids would be wearing, but after I sent them a color swatch, they were able to order something new and it matched perfectly.. We chose the aquarium reception, and it was awesome. Guests can roam around and look at a majority of the exhibits. It definitely makes for a unique experience. The DJ they provide was great as well! We had a lot of people tell us that it was one of the most beautiful and fun weddings they had been to. I can't recommend SPW enough.

Reviewed on 2/28/2017 Rebecca L

Working with Cathy and Lisa at Sand Petal was incredibly easy! We booked them a little over a year out from our wedding in Siesta Key and they were always there to answer our questions and help us connect with our vendors. Day of they were awesome at making sure everything was... Read More rolling smoothly. Our wedding was delayed due to rain, but once it passed they were great at getting things moving. Would highly recommend using Sand Petal for your wedding.

Reviewed on 1/24/2017 Nicole K

Sand Petal Weddings went above and beyond for our special day. My nephew and I have food allergies, so they made sure that every item was safe. Our wedding was during the red tide, so they made sure that the beach was clean and ready for our celebration. All of our guest... Read More continue to talk about how our wedding was the best they have ever attended. Thank you Sand Petal Weddings for a memorable day.

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Melanie D

My daughter hired Sand Petal Weddings to have her wedding on Anna Maria Island. They were wonderful to work with, always pleasant, helpful and professional. They organized a PERFECT wedding with no flaws. We cannot say enough good things about Sandpetal Weddings. We are so... Read More grateful for being able to come in from out of state, with 60 wedding guests, and have a picture perfect wedding for all of our friends and family. I highly recommend them for anyone looking for the perfect wedding.

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Jackie S

Sand Petal Weddings made getting married less stressful than I could have ever imagined, especially being a destination wedding for us! I even told my finance, I am stressed out that I am not stressing out the wedding stuff & only worrying about my travel arrangements. LOL.... Read More They were always kind & answered all my million questions throughout the process. They went above & beyond on the day of my wedding! They were an ultimate pleasure to work with and we are extremely happy we went with them. Speaking on behalf of my husband, he was dreading the whole wedding planning part but can truly say now that he enjoyed it and would recommend Sand Petal Weddings to anyone! Me too! :)

Reviewed on 10/28/2016

The staff at Sand Petal Weddings were nothing short of phenomenal! From answering my questions, providing input and making our wedding day so smooth and seamless. Our guests all boasted that this is the best wedding they have EVER been to. Thank you so much for making our... Read More special day one we will never forget!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Corey K

We were married on September 30, 2016 and we just wanted to let Catherine and Lisa know what an absolutely amazing job they did in coordinating our wedding! Their attention to detail and professionalism was impeccable!!! Every one of our guests raved from the food, to the decor;... Read More it was all incredibly fabulous! We are so happy you were so patient with our questions and requests. We cannot thank you enough and we will recommend you to anyone who asks about our magical day!!!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Heather W

Sand petal weddings did a great job making my day as perfect as possible!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Allie K

I couldn't imagine choosing a better company to plan my wedding. Sandpetal was extremely organized and answered any/all questions in regards to our big day. Having an out of state wedding is stressful enough, but Sandpetal made sure we didn't have to worry about anything. I... Read More can't recommend them enough!

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Allison A

We had an amazing experience! Our wedding was beautiful and perfect. We came in from out of state and felt so at ease. Everyone was extremely professional and very helpful. Our wedding planner was always available to answer my questions and send me updates. The day of, they... Read More arrived so early and started setting everything up answering even more of my questions. The food was delicious, the decorations were beautiful, and the photographer was great! We have had so many comments about how beautiful everything was. And the cake! Oh my goodness. I was so sad to leave it behind when we flew home. It was so delicious!!!! I would recommend Sand petal weddings to anyone and everyone who would listen. It was so stress free. They handled everything and it was beautiful.

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Renee L

Sand Petals makes the experience stress free!! Which is every brides dream! You enjoy the wedding planning process vs being stressed out!

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Jenny B

We were recently married in May and decided to go through Sand Petal Weddings. We live in Maryland and although we do have beaches here, they aren't as beautiful as the gulf beaches and we wanted a beach ceremony and reception. I came across SPW by simple searching google for... Read More Florida beach weddings. I was blown away by how beautiful everything was on the pictures, I truly thought it was too good to be true. Especially everything that was included in their packages. Needless to say, I was hesitant at first to entrust strangers to create my most memorable day at a place on the gulf I've never even been. Of course I had tons of questions that the ladies at SPW were always willing to take time and answer. I am SOOOO glad I booked our wedding through them. They were absolutely amazing and very professional. My wedding turned out to be even more beautiful than the pictures on their website!! I am so very pleased with our decision to allow them to create our dream wedding! If I had to do it all again, I wouldn't have changed a thing! These ladies really know their stuff and are so easy going and extremely easy to work with. I highly recommend them to anyone getting married!

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Iris A

I can't speak highly enough about Sand Petal Weddings. They made our day absolutely perfect!! We live in NJ so I thought it would be difficult to plan a wedding out of state but Catherine made it so easy and stress free. The decor was beautiful, our DJ was awesome and our... Read More photographer was amazing!! Our guests could not stop talking about the delicious food! Catherine and her team were simply wonderful and always made sure my husband and I were happy. Our day was everything we ever wanted and more!! We couldn't have picked a better wedding planner.

Reviewed on 7/01/2016 Sara S

We got married on Memorial Day weekend and everything was perfect. Everything went so smoothly. The week before the wedding I had found out my fathers health wasn't good enough for him to travel to Florida (we are from Il.) Lisa and Kathy worked with me to get everything back in... Read More place and move things around. They literally walked us thru the day and we didn't have to do a thing. From the decorations, food, cake, DJ and the amazing photographer from 3five photography, it was all perfect. I would 100% recommend this company! I look back at the pictures today and still cry. It was so beautiful and something we will never forget! So glad I got to have my dream wedding. These ladies made it possible!

Reviewed on 6/22/2016

There are no words to express how pleased and grateful we are with Cathy , Lisa and Sand Petsl Weddings, our daughter was determined to have a beach wedding ,she contracted with Sand Petal weddings, I was very skeptical to say the least, Cathy and Lisa were great they helped to... Read More create the wedding of our daughters dreams. Everything was absolutely perfect, they were very professional and took care of every detail. We usve had so many compliments on the wedding from friends and family who attended the wedding. Thank-you Cathy,Lisa and Sand Petal Weddings for making this wedding the wedding our daughter dreamed of.

Reviewed on 6/21/2016 Laura R

I don't even know where to begin! Lisa and Cathy are truly amazing women and extremely talented at throwing an amazing wedding! From my first phone call with Cathy I knew I had made the right choice. She is so sweet and truly cares about each and every wedding. She was available... Read More to answer my questions any time I called, and always had great ideas and suggestions. She knows the best vendors and I was blown away by how perfect every single one of them were. I loved my venue! Our wedding was on Anna Maria Island at the Tiki Hut and it was beautiful. The ceremony and reception cite were decorated beautifully and it was more than I could have ever dreamed of. The photographer was hilarious and had such a great personality. He took so many amazing photos and I can't wait to get them all back. The cake, food and drinks were delicious and surpassed all my wildest dreams and expectations. Living in Kentucky I wasn't able to be there to make every decision, but I knew Cathy had my best interests at heart and she gave me the wedding of my dreams. I am so happy I chose to have my wedding on the beach in FL, and I know it wouldn't have been the same without Sand Petal Weddings. I would very highly recommend them and I am already counting down the years till I can go back and have our vow renewal through them! ;)