Offering Beach Ceremonies and Beach Receptions

Sand Petal Weddings focuses on the destination bride! Offering all inclusive wedding packages! Choose a Beach front ceremony and your choice of beach front receptions. Packages include dinner, Dj, centerpieces, luau show, wedding cake, wedding planner, ceremony arbor, officiant, and live musician.

4602 Ashton Rd, SARASOTA, FL

Thank you for making our wedding a day we will never forget!

Reviewed on 10/18/2014

My husband and I got married in May earlier this year. We live in Chicago but knew we wanted to marry and have our reception on the beach in Florida. We looked at resorts, restaurants, museums, etc but when we found Sand Petal we thought it was almost too good to be true. These guys are a one stop shop which when you are planning from a distance, cannot be beat! I will say I was a pretty hands off bride, we filled out the check list and I truly put my trust in the professionals. Lisa even called me a month before the wedding to ask about color scheme, my novice eyes had created a hodgepodge of colors but after vaguely explaining what I was looking for, she created EXACTLY what we were hoping for but couldn't put into words. Now on to the day.... They were there setting up at 8am, seeing what they did in 6 hours was amazing! They transformed this little piece of the beach into our private sanctuary. My husband and I are still in awe of how they were able to capture exactly what we had imagined it to look and feel like. The ceremony was great, the special touches were unexpected surprises, the dj respected our requests, the photographer took amazing pics, the food was great (another wonderful surprise... As many are, when we got back to the hotel room we were so hungry and looked in the fridge and they had left 2 plates of food for us!!!) who does that?!?! Amazing! Lisa and Kathy are amazing! I really felt like they were there for us and our party and kept things running smoothly without disrupting the vibe. We recommend Sand Petal Weddings to anyone looking to have a destination wedding on the West coast of Florida! They really do take care of decor, food, photography, ceremony etc. for a set price. They were fair and at the end there were no hidden or excessive costs. Could not be happier!! And if you are daring enough to give up the reigns and be open to where their ideas take you, you may find, as I did, that the ladies of Sand Petal Weddings will give the the perfect setting to marry your sweetheart. Thank you to everyone at Sand Petal who made our wedding awesome!!! The Fultons

Reviewed on 5/24/2015

Perfect beach wedding! Sand Petal Weddings is an exceptional business! My husband and I got married in Sarasota, FL this past April and had the best beach wedding imaginable! Cathy and Lisa made everything stress-free and easy. They were very easy to get a hold of and were always there to answer any questions we had. Planning a wedding from far away was so much easier than I could have imagined! Cathy and Lisa put together an absolutely beautiful wedding that exceeded all expectations my husband and I had! The decorations were beautiful and the whole wedding day ran so smoothly. Our guests are still talking about what a beautiful wedding it was and what a great time they had. We wish we could go back and relive our wedding day all over again and there wouldn't be a thing we would change! When we first chose Sand Petal Weddings we were mailed a packet which contained everything we would need for our wedding including hair salons, florists, hotels, and surrounding restaurants.The packet was so helpful and made planning our wedding weekend stress-free! All the vendors recommended by Sand Petal Weddings were exceptional! I was very pleased with the hair salon and florists I used. The photographer, guitarist, DJ, and all the other staff who helped on our wedding day were also amazing! Everyone was easy to work with and made us feel at ease. We would definitely recommend Sand Petal Weddings to anyone who is looking to have a beach wedding that will be remember for years!

Outstanding wedding planners!

Reviewed on 10/18/2014

We used Sand Petal weddings for our destination wedding (we live in the United Kingdom) in Anna Maria, Florida. Being thousands of miles and several time zones away we relied 100% on Sand Petal to organise everything. They not only matched our expectations but exceeded them significantly, and our eternal thanks go to Cathy and her crew for organizing a perfect beach wedding. Right from the start Sand Petal handled all arrangements, dealing with a change of venue (our original choice suddenly decided to renovate around our chosen date!), organizing officiant, musician, DJ, food. Pretty much everything except the wedding flowers and dress! They kept us informed throughout the build up to the day itself and gave us great confidence that all would be well on the day, particularly important as we are so far away geographically. On the day itself we simply could not have asked for more. The organization was perfect with the wedding running like clockwork. My wife and I simply followed our instructions on where to be and what to do throughout. It was a completely stress-free experience and we were free to enjoy the day rather than worrying about timings. Next the venue (Sandbar) was absolutely stunning. Decorated with lanterns and fairy lights everywhere it looked unbelievable as the sun set. The beach had been swept clean and the ceremony area had a spectacular view over the ocean. Everything else continued to exceed our expectations - the cake, the food, table decorations, dance floor, bar - everything was absolutely perfect. Also worth highlighting they had chosen an excellent support crew. The photographer was outstanding, the guitarist for the ceremony played flawlessly, the DJ clicked in to the music that would work best for our mixed US/UK audience. the officiant kept things simple (as we had asked) and guided us through the ceremony and formalities, and all throughout the Sand Petal gang were running around taking care of everything. We honestly cannot think of a single thing we would change about the day and cannot give enough praise and thanks to Sand Petal for organizing such an amazing wedding. We simply could not have asked for more and if you are considering a beach wedding they should definitely be at the top of your list of planners to contact.

Reviewed on 5/19/2015

First class customer service! We wanted a small beach wedding for our celebration, and Sand Petal Weddings was the right fit for us. It was just the two of us, but Sand Petals made my husband and I feel like their biggest customer. They have wonderful attention to detail, paid attention to my likes and dislikes, and had great vendor recommendations for my hair and makeup. Sand Petals provided the photographer, the minister, and the perfect setting for our nuptials. We went with Sand Petals just based on other reviews, and they did not disappoint! They made our wedding day easy, special, and memorable and I cannot say enough things about them!

the wedding of my dreams

Reviewed on 5/19/2015

Absolutely amazing wedding service. The people that run it are more than wonderful and nice, always willing to work with you and answer your questions! I had a big scare of having it rain on my wedding on siesta key beach and the wedding coordinator went out of her way to find a place I could have my wedding if it were to rain. she also gave her expert opinion to help me make the decision on where to have it, I decided to have it on the beach and it turned out to be everything I have ever dreamed of, I was blessed to get a amazing sunset an even rainbows all of which the photographer (also amazing) was able to capture! I highly recommend this company!

My niece's wedding

Reviewed on 5/14/2015

I wanted to take a minute to convey my thanks and appreciation for the outstanding job that Sand Petal Weddings team performed with the Brunory wedding party. All of our family and friends had a wonderful time. I also wanted to thank specifically for all of the help and support you provided me with following up on every detail. It made my job as the family coordinator very easy and allowed me to enjoy the day with my family.

Reviewed on 5/12/2015

Sand Petal Weddings is your ONE stop shop to go to for ALL of your Beach Wedding needs! From the pre-planning, rehearsal & Big Day- they have it all covered. With their extensive Questionnaire to fill out- you pick out what and what not is to happen.It is that easy. The Ladies of the SP office are always courteous, polite, knowledgeable and ready to help! I thoroughly enjoyed meeting with them weekly- since I was local :). I had a fabulous Beach Wedding on 12/6/14- all thanks to Sand Petal Weddings. I didn't have much that I needed to worry about- Sand Petals took care of it all for me! That is very important in the wedding planning process for any bride- to find a company that can handle just about all the aspects of your wedding day- to where you need to just be dressed and show up- that is so much appreciated and worth their very reasonable pricing!

My Dream Beach Wedding

Reviewed on 4/24/2015

I live in Michigan and was married in April, 2015 on Siesta Key, FL. The team at Sand Petal Weddings made planning easy and fun and delivered on every detail beautifully. They felt like family on the day of my event and put so much effort into every detail. I chose a package that included all the bells & whistles and have no regrets. One stop shopping for all the details is the way to go, especially when you are planning from out of state. Every staff member and vendor they provided was excellent, warm, friendly and professional. They made my wedding day wonderful and so many of my guests said it was the nicest wedding they have ever attended :)

Perfect beach wedding

Reviewed on 3/06/2015 Stephanie L

We booked Sand Petals Weddings after I found them on here (theknot.com) while researching beach wedding locations. We had not visited Anna Maria Island, but SPW offered everything we were looking for. They literally took care of everything but the flowers. That made my life/wedding day so much easier that I didn't have to coordinate and juggle every vendor myself. Unfortunately our wedding day was overcast and rainy, but Cathy made me feel at ease running around taking care of all the little touches I had wanted on our wedding day. All the vendors that they did book for us (photographer, dj, venue/cater) were such a pleasure to work with. They all constantly made sure that we were ok and happy with whatever was happening or if they could help in any way. Everyone is still talking about how great the food was from the Sand Bar (the venue provided the food). They are also still talking about the luau show that was included in our package. We can't thank SPW and their vendors enough for making our wedding day so amazing.

Beach wedding dream come true.

Reviewed on 3/05/2015 Thaochau Y

Lisa & Cathy, I wanted to say thank you so very much for all your hard work in putting everything together to give me a perfect wedding day. I love everything and is happy with everything, from hair and makeup, flowers, cake was delicious and pretty, the officiant was very professional, the DJ and violist were both awesome, and most of all the photographer were very funny. Everything you recommended me was exceeding my expectations. I was nervous at first but decided to go with my luck and it turn out to be more than perfect and flawless. Words cannot describe how much I really appreciate your works, you were very organized and guide me through everything until the last min of the night. Put everything belong to me in the box. Without you, I would be so lost as no one care to do those for me because they were all busy drinking away and have their own fun. You went above and beyond to accomodate my last minute request of adding the maid of honor and best man. You made it run so smoothly and no hesitation whatsoever. Every single guests in my wedding can't stop saying my wedding is so beautiful and is flawless. All these because you made it happen for me. Again, thank you so very much! You guys are awesome! Friends and family love and enjoyed everything that night and everyone gave 2 thumbs up for Sand Petal Wedding! Be prepare to get busy since they will be contacting you for their weddings.

Thank You!!

Reviewed on 1/29/2015 Jane B

Since I was a little girl, it has been my dream to get married in Siesta Key, Florida. As soon as I got engaged I began searching for the perfect venue and company to put together my big day. I stumbled upon Sand Petal Weddings website, and at first, it seemed too good to be true! After speaking with Cathy, I knew it was meant to be. Our wedding was in October 2014 and we planned it in only about 2 months. Everything was perfect! From the decorations, food, and exceptional service, Sand Petal Weddings far exceeded my dreams. Not only were they attentive and patient with me, they were also kind and considerate. They truly understood the vibe of the wedding I wanted. I can't think of anything I would have changed, and I have been told by several attendees, it was the best wedding they've ever been to. It was truly my fairy tale! Thank you, Sand Petal Weddings, for making me feel like a princess and for creating the most beautiful and special day of my life. I sincerely couldn't have done it without you, and we are forever grateful. ~Jane and Patrick Holmes Richmond, VA

This was our dream beach wedding!

Reviewed on 12/17/2014 Jackie F

Cathy and Lisa from Sand Petal Weddings are seasoned professionals in the business of planning weddings and it showed in every little detail of our big day. Planning a wedding from another state was something we were initially nervous about, but they made it easy for us by going through the process step by step, laying out all of choices and reminding us of what decisions needed to be made by when. They were also incredibly accommodating about some of the elements of our event that we wanted to customize. I feel like as a bride leading up to the big day I had some of the normal stresses, but what I noticed about my day in comparison to so many other weddings I've been a part of was that I felt like I didn't have a care in the world on the big day! I woke up, went for a walk on the beach, had coffee with some of my family and had plenty of time to get ready with my bridesmaids and have our photographer take some photos of the girls before it was show time - Cathy and Lisa literally ran the show on the day of and I did not have to worry about a thing! And what made it even better was showing up later and seeing how absolutely beautiful everything was set up; exactly according to plan. The DJ was great; we had some impromptu speeches and an impromptu singer and he was really awesome about going with the flow and making everything fit right in. I have to say planning long distance, one of my biggest worries was the food and not be able to try it beforehand...IT WAS DELICIOUS and all of our guests RAVED about the food! And to top it all off, instead of wedding cake, we requested the caterer make 3 different kinds of custom Brazilian desserts; they passed the test with flying colors - half of our wedding guests were Brazilian and they gave the dessert a thumbs up! Same thing with the bartenders, one of our prerequisites was that they needed to be able to make caipirinhas which is a traditional Brazilian cocktail, and Cathy and Lisa made sure they were equipped to do so beforehand. We really can't thank this team enough - you made our day one that we could re-live a million times over and discover something new and wonderful we loved about it each time

Beach Wedding Dreams do come true!

Reviewed on 11/13/2014

When my husband and I decided to have a beach wedding in Florida-we had no idea where to begin. I grew up in Miami, but I wanted a different city to get married in. Once we found a quaint resort in Siesta Key, we were then left with the burden of figuring out who would help us with the wedding ceremony on the beach? We live in Maryland and as everyone knows planning a wedding from afar is super stressful. We chose Sand Petals after thorough research because of their reasonable pricing for the package that we wanted. Little did we realize we would get so much more! Their customer service, attention to detail, creative ideas and timely responses to any and all of my questions helped allay all of my fears for my wedding day. Catherine, Lisa and Ashley are as good as you can get when it comes to the ultimate planners in beach wedding ceremonies. We just celebrated our wedding this past week in Siesta Key and it was everything I had dreamed it would be. Our guests are still talking about it to this day. I'd like to say I was a hands off bride, but that would be a lie. As the ladies can tell you I had a million questions about everything... And they very easily obliged me. I must also say that the other amenities that came with our King Neptune package like the videographer, photographer, steel drum player, officiant were also wonderful. These folks know what they,re doing....and on the day of our wedding ceremony everything ran like a well-oiled machine. I'm the type of person who rarely puts her trust in anyone or any service (mainly because I'm a control freak) but rest assured you can book Sand Petals for your wedding and NEVER worry about a thing. I highly recommend their company to anyone who is planning a beach wedding in the Sarasota area. They really will make your wedding dreams come true! We thank you all for making our day one of the most memorable moments of our lives!

The Most Memorable Night!

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Lindsey H

Being from Iowa, we didn't know alot about Florida and all the places we could have our ceremony and reception. I found several places on both sides of Florida ranging from DIY wedding planning in a municipal building to hotels with a beach front venues. Sand Petal was the last wedding planners we saw and Kathy and her company totally sold us on thier services. We wanted a beach wedding with a polynesian flair and that's what we got. Beach, Tiki Hut, Pacific Native dancing and everything. All was put together by Sand Petal and all I had to worry about is being dressed and getting down there from Iowa. Every detail was taken care of and everything went as planned. My guests are still talking about how awesome my wedding was!

PERFECT Wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Amanda R

When my husband and I got engaged we knew right away we wanted a destination wedding. I found Sand Petal Weddings through my Mother In-Law, she lives in the Sarasota area and had heard amazing reviews. I actually had the opportunity of traveling down to Florida and meeting with Cathy in the Sand Petal Office, she knew exactly what I wanted and was there to help me throughout the entire process! I had 100% confidence they would be able to pull off my dream wedding when I left their office that day, and they by far met every expectation I had! I will be honest, I was nervous because you don't get to try the food or cake but it was AMAZING!! All of our guests raved about how wonderful the food was and how wonderful the cake looked and tasted! I even surprised my groom with a Groom Cake and it was an exact replica of his 1992 Mustang! It was everything I had imagined and more! I can not thank every one at Sand Petals enough for all their hard work they put into my special day, it was a dream come true! Thank you!!

October 4, 2014

Reviewed on 10/21/2014

When I first got engaged I was all over the map with wedding ideas. My husband being from Texas and myself being from Ohio put a lot of burden on where exactly we should get married! We decided to do a destination wedding in Sarasota, Florida. I found Sand Petal Weddings on TheKnot and after careful consideration and a month of looking up reviews, I decided they were the ones for me! Please let me tell you this is the best decision of the whole wedding process! Lisa is AMAZING! I planned everything from Ohio and Lisa came thru 100% on everything we talked about! The wedding was GORGEOUS!! Having her there to help me was such a stress reducer! Everything was so great. We had a BBQ buffet and people loved it! The decorations were beautiful! The location was at Gulf Beach Resort and it was literally right on the ocean. The DJ was amazing and I cant even explain how great my photographer was! The cake was delicious, people told me they went up for second and thirds! My day went by so fast and with the help of Sand Petal Weddings I was able to enjoy every moment and not stress out about a thing! We had a great day and we will remember it for the rest of our lives together!! Thanks again Sand Petals! Love, The Cunninghams

PERFECT WEDDING

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Margaret H

We got married on June 7th, 2014 on Anna Maria Island, FL. We are from Nashville, so obviously needed someone there to plan things for us. The whole process was seamless and the SPW team was so easy to work with, very responsive, and incredibly friendly! Having never been to Anna Maria Island, or seeing their work made me a little bit nervous. However, we got so many compliments on the d├ęcor, the cake, the DJ, the food. Even my mother was extremely pleased with how easy the whole planning process was! After having planned an in town wedding for my sister years previous, she thought this was going to be much harder. She was thrilled that the process was so easy, thanks to SPW. I honestly could not have asked for a more perfect wedding! Thanks to the team at SPW for making it so perfect!

Helpful and Easy!

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Kelly M

Sand Petal Weddings made our day perfect! The process was incredibly easy. We picked out a package that worked best for our small wedding (and small-ish budget). We lived in Illinois when we began working with Sand Petal Weddings, and they were extremely accommodating. They were also extremely helpful in turning a few inspiration photos into the wedding I had in mind. Their suggestions on decor were exactly what I needed. Sand Petal Weddings helped me not feel stressed about my big day. They took care of so many of the details. There wasn't much that I needed to worry about. I would 100% recommend Sand Petal Weddings to any bride!

Perfect Wedding Day!

Reviewed on 8/20/2014 Leylah D

We chose Sand Petal weddings for their locations and competitive pricing, but we got an experience we were not expecting. From the very beginning, Cathy and Lisa were beyond amazing. They walked us through all the decisions, details, and plans, and were available to answer our questions whenever we needed them. We were able to customize our day to fit our personalities with no problems. They provided the most beautiful venue, and made our day perfect. The food was hands-down some of the best wedding food we have ever had! All of our guests complimented the dinner and cupcakes. Our DJ, Mark, was fantastic. He played anything we wanted, and supplemented with the perfect music for our night. The photographer, Steve, was absolutely incredible. He has such a great personality, and made everyone laugh and feel comfortable. We couldn't be more pleased with how stress free our wedding day was- everything was handled beautifully and professionally. The day was flawless and we thank you very much for everything! We definitely recommend Sand Petal Weddings for anyone that wants a perfect beach wedding!

Nothing but the best!!!

Reviewed on 8/14/2014 Sarah H

Sand petal weddings was our all encompassing wedding vendor they took care of EVERYTHING from the ceremony to the cake. Everything was absolutely perfect. The venue surpassed anything I could have imagined. The ceremony was perfect not to long or short and they were able to make every member of our family feel important with 5 kids that's sometimes challenging.they were prepared for everything. The city was unfortunately dredging right where our ceremony was and sandpetals went above and beyond by calling them to ask if they would refrain during the ceremony which they obliged (thank god!!) when the weather got unexpectedly windy and cold they were prepared with tent flaps. When I realized I forgot my garter they provided and extra. Our wedding coordinator was with us EVERY step of the way and nothing short of AMAZING. The entertainment of fire dancers and Polynesian dancers they coordinated was perfect entertainment and the food was OUTSTANDING. I'm sure I'm missing things because we were beyond pleased with absolutely everything. We definitely got our money's worth and then some!!! I would highly recommend them to EVERYONE I know!!

Amazing Wedding Coordinators

Reviewed on 8/07/2014 Kieara L

We could not have picked better wedding coordinators to work with on our special day & all the days leading up to it. Sand Petal did an absolutely amazing job! From meeting with us 9 months before our wedding to the end of our reception they were very involved in the planning process. Little details that I would have totally forgot about, they made sure to take care of! As a bride I didn't have to stress about hiring vendors, setting up or taking down, etc. When I showed up to the venue ready to walk down the aisle everything looked absolutely beautiful & just the way I dreamed of! I'm blessed to have worked with Sand Petal for one of the most important days of my life!

They put together my dream wedding

Reviewed on 8/05/2014 Sara M

My husband and I both wanted our wedding and reception on the beach; not only did Sand Petal Weddings put together the entire ceremony and reception, but it turned out absolutely perfect! They take the stress out of wedding planning by using their preselected set of vendors and all we had to do was choose from a list of options. We were a little bit nervous about having only a couple of vendors to choose from, but were blown away by all of them. The DJ put together my music selections perfectly, the photographer did a gorgeous job, the food and cake were phenomenal, and Cathy did an amazing job with the set up. Everything was even more amazing than I anticipated, and some of the small touches that Cathy included in the decorations made it all absolutely perfect. There is nothing that I would have done differently, and the added bonus is that you pay one price to Sand Petals without having to search for and make payments to all of your other vendors. The only things that weren't included were flowers and alcohol, but Cathy had great recommendations for local florists. My husband and I have both said that we had the perfect wedding day! :)

My Perfect Beach Wedding

Reviewed on 6/16/2014 Madison M

I decided to have a US Destination wedding and was nervous from the start about planning a wedding in Florida while I was living in Texas. From the first phone call to the day of my wedding Sand Petal Weddings was AMAZING. Once I booked my date they sent me a packet of information about the area, vendors, etc... and after meeting with them gave me suggestions on wedding location, rehearsal dinner location etc... Cathy went out of her way to talk to me when I had a list of 10 questions and they responded to my many emails very promptly and answered my questions with ease. The week of the wedding they were in close contact and helped me to make plans in case of rain (which there was none thankfully!!). The day of the wedding the Sand Petals team arrived, set up my BEAUTIFUL ceremony site, and then gave the wedding party instructions on how the ceremony would go. We didn't have an actual rehearsal but they took the time to explain everything in great detail. Looking back everything was done to the highest standard and the team even made accommodations for me to have a bartender at the reception which was a new thing for the wedding package I purchased. Overall my experience with the Sand Petal Weddings company was nothing but spectacular and I would highly recommend them to any bride in the Sarasota area or those looking to have a destination wedding to Florida. The team is thorough in every aspect, they are professional, and they are kind! I felt genuinely cared for from the day I booked my wedding to the second they packed everything up! My beach wedding was perfect because of Sand Petal Weddings.

Highly Recommend Sand Petal Weddings!

Reviewed on 5/29/2014 Ashley C

After reading reviews across the web, and sitting down and discussing our wedding with Sand Petal, we had very high expectations for our wedding day. Living almost 1600 miles away from where we would be married brought on an unusual type of stress. Not being able to physically see the location and decorations, and not being able to walk into the planner's office at a moments notice when you had a question was very difficult at times. A great amount of trust was placed in Sand Petal, and they came through on everything they had promised us. It was so nice having planners who included every vendor, every decoration, every food choice, and every thought-through detail since we live so far away. We enjoyed a mother-of-pearl tented beach wedding on Siesta Key beach, and they went above and beyond to make sure that every detail was perfect for our day. Sand Petal greatly exceeded our expectations and we cannot thank them enough for it! Both the ceremony and reception were absolutely beautiful, the vendors were wonderful, and it ran like clockwork thanks to Cathy and Lisa. Our day was perfect, and we owe it all to Sand Petal Weddings - we highly recommend having them by your side during this extremely exciting but chaotic time! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Amazing Wedding in Siesta Key, FL

Reviewed on 5/12/2014 Kelly M

From the moment I contacted Sand Petal, our experience was nothing but positive. Being an out-of-state bride, Cathy and Lisa answered ALL of my questions and went above and beyond for me as we planned the event in 6 months! The vendors that were lined up for photography, DJ, catering, etc. were top notch, and made the experience even more memorable. Our guests had SO many compliments about every aspect of the day, and I heard on more than one occasion that this was the coolest wedding they had ever attended. I want to give them special thanks to Cathy and Lisa for their amazing work the day of my wedding, when Siesta Key received record breaking rain for two days. Cathy and Lisa were on-site providing updates to myself (and my nervous father), and managed everything flawlessly. Our event started a bit later to accommodate all the rain, but I could have not asked for a better outcome. We were in awe of everything that was pulled together from the ceremony set-up, the detail that was evident throughout our reception and the attentiveness we received all night. We couldn't have done this without Sand Petal. Thank you for making this the most amazing day of our lives! - Kelly & Marcos Mejia

TO Sand Petal Weddings