• Outdoor - Covered

Beach, Tented

4602 Ashton Rd, SARASOTA, FL

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Megan H

My husband and I knew when we got engaged that we wanted to get married on a beach and Florida was the perfect place because we both have family there. My Aunt, who lives in Siesta Key, Florida, saw a Sand Petals wedding taking place while she was walking on the beach one day.... Read More She went up to the wedding planner and asked for a card so she could give it to me. She said the wedding was beautiful and that we should consider getting married in Siesta Key and using Sand Petals. Well the research began. I found out that Siesta Key is ranked as the #1 beach in the US. Then I began looking at the Sand Petals website which described out all of the different options. My dad, my husband and I decided we had to go check it out for ourselves. We met with Lisa who couldn't have been nicer. She went over every detail with us and my husband and I became so excited. Before making a final decision, we decided to go check the beach out. As we walked out on the beach imaging everything Lisa had just told us, we knew it was perfect for us. So, we went back the next day to meet with Lisa one last time before we flew home to Maryland. We picked a date, made a deposit and the wedding planning began. Now I was a bit worried about how I would plan a wedding in Florida while living in Maryland. I can't thank Lisa and Catherine enough for answering every question I had. I was a rookie at this, so I had no idea what I was getting into, but Lisa and Catherine made it so easy. We had several emails back and forth over the 10 or so months. They also gave me a bridal questionnaire packet that explained exactly what I needed to pick out. They even provided all of the vendors, so I didn't have to go searching for them. My husband and I went back to see Lisa and Catherine a couple months later so we could choose the décor, colors, etc. which helped a lot because we got to see first hand what we were choosing. When the big day finally came, I could see the wedding tent going up from my room. I would peak out every now and then to see what else had been set up. Each time I looked, I would get more excited. Once I finally got out on the beach, dressed and ready to go, I was completely blown away. It was amazing. It was everything I had ever dreamed of. Every detail was perfect. The officiant was very sweet, food was amazing, staff was very helpful and friendly, the cake was out of this world, and the DJ played every song we wanted to hear and more. This combination made for a unforgettable wedding. Every guest repeated over and over how beautiful everything was. I even had several people tell me that it was the best wedding they had ever been to! Lisa and Catherine did such an amazing job helping me plan my dream wedding and getting every detail perfect down to the last bow. As I look back now, 3 weeks later, I wouldn't change a single thing. I am so thankful for Lisa and Catherine. They are truly amazing and I would recommend Sand Petals to any and every new bride. You wont regret it!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

Where do I start?Communication was a huge deal for us.Kathi and Lisa were there for us from day one with any questions we may have had either by email,phone or in person.The only complaint we have is not owning a time machine to go back in time to experience our wedding day all... Read More over again.It was so perfect.From the smallest details to the more intricate things,everything was perfect.I have been known to leave a wedding and bring back fast food to the table for myself because of horrible wedding food.I will normally eat a good meal before a wedding because of this.Our food was so good.Every thing from the appetizers to the cake was amazing.The food smelled so good I was distracted and couldn't wait until we were over with the photo shoot so that we could eat.Which brings us to our wedding photographer.He was very professional and down to earth.He sent us a few teaser photos via email and our jaws literally dropped.We cannot wait to get the rest of the photos from him.We had friends and family from both Pennsylvania and Florida.Most from Florida.To hear our guest from Florida who have seen their share of beach weddings say that our wedding was the best beach wedding they have ever been to made us very happy and was confirmation that we had made the right choice when we decided to go with Sand Petal Weddings to help us with our wedding.Our guest were kept on their toes and there was never a dull moment at the reception.The entertainment was amazing.Every time we though it was about to end the entertainers came out with something else.We are still receiving texts,calls and emails about how much fun everyone had.There are even talks about having a yearly thing back at the venue with everyone who was there for the wedding.This kind of buzz does not happen if everyone didn't have a good time.The theme was perfect.From the colors to how everything was decorated.Lisa did an amazing job taking care of all of that.It will be very hard to top that day.A day that we had worked so hard for and for so long was made a reality with the help of Sand Petal Weddings.We both agreed that if anyone would ask,that we would absolutely,without a shadow of a doubt recommend Sand Petal Weddings as their go-to wedding planners.We honestly cannot find one thing to complain about even if we tried.The wedding went so smooth with the help of Kathi and Lisa.We did not feel like just another customer with them.We felt the urge on their part to make our wedding the most memorable day of our lives and they definitely followed through with that.We couldn't be any happier.We truly felt like a king and queen that day as should any bride and groom should feel on their special day.We appreciate every single thing that this company has done for us.Our guest could not stop talking about how beautiful everything was,how great the food was,how much fun they had watching the entertainers do their thing.The participation from the bride and groom during the entertainment segment had everyone laughing and smiling from ear to ear.All the vendors were great and very professional.I really can't say enough about Sand Petal Weddings and I would recommend them to anybody looking to make their dream wedding a reality.A huge, HUGE THANK YOU to Lisa and Kathi from Sand Petal Weddings for making our dream beach wedding come true and having it done so perfectly.It'll be something we will remember and talk about with our friends and family for a very long time.

This was our dream beach wedding!

Reviewed on 12/17/2014 Jackie F

Cathy and Lisa from Sand Petal Weddings are seasoned professionals in the business of planning weddings and it showed in every little detail of our big day. Planning a wedding from another state was something we were initially nervous about, but they made it easy for us by going... Read More through the process step by step, laying out all of choices and reminding us of what decisions needed to be made by when. They were also incredibly accommodating about some of the elements of our event that we wanted to customize. I feel like as a bride leading up to the big day I had some of the normal stresses, but what I noticed about my day in comparison to so many other weddings I've been a part of was that I felt like I didn't have a care in the world on the big day! I woke up, went for a walk on the beach, had coffee with some of my family and had plenty of time to get ready with my bridesmaids and have our photographer take some photos of the girls before it was show time - Cathy and Lisa literally ran the show on the day of and I did not have to worry about a thing! And what made it even better was showing up later and seeing how absolutely beautiful everything was set up; exactly according to plan. The DJ was great; we had some impromptu speeches and an impromptu singer and he was really awesome about going with the flow and making everything fit right in. I have to say planning long distance, one of my biggest worries was the food and not be able to try it beforehand...IT WAS DELICIOUS and all of our guests RAVED about the food! And to top it all off, instead of wedding cake, we requested the caterer make 3 different kinds of custom Brazilian desserts; they passed the test with flying colors - half of our wedding guests were Brazilian and they gave the dessert a thumbs up! Same thing with the bartenders, one of our prerequisites was that they needed to be able to make caipirinhas which is a traditional Brazilian cocktail, and Cathy and Lisa made sure they were equipped to do so beforehand. We really can't thank this team enough - you made our day one that we could re-live a million times over and discover something new and wonderful we loved about it each time

Thank you for making our wedding a day we will never forget!

Reviewed on 10/18/2014

My husband and I got married in May earlier this year. We live in Chicago but knew we wanted to marry and have our reception on the beach in Florida. We looked at resorts, restaurants, museums, etc but when we found Sand Petal we thought it was almost too good to be true. These... Read More guys are a one stop shop which when you are planning from a distance, cannot be beat! I will say I was a pretty hands off bride, we filled out the check list and I truly put my trust in the professionals. Lisa even called me a month before the wedding to ask about color scheme, my novice eyes had created a hodgepodge of colors but after vaguely explaining what I was looking for, she created EXACTLY what we were hoping for but couldn't put into words. Now on to the day.... They were there setting up at 8am, seeing what they did in 6 hours was amazing! They transformed this little piece of the beach into our private sanctuary. My husband and I are still in awe of how they were able to capture exactly what we had imagined it to look and feel like. The ceremony was great, the special touches were unexpected surprises, the dj respected our requests, the photographer took amazing pics, the food was great (another wonderful surprise... As many are, when we got back to the hotel room we were so hungry and looked in the fridge and they had left 2 plates of food for us!!!) who does that?!?! Amazing! Lisa and Kathy are amazing! I really felt like they were there for us and our party and kept things running smoothly without disrupting the vibe. We recommend Sand Petal Weddings to anyone looking to have a destination wedding on the West coast of Florida! They really do take care of decor, food, photography, ceremony etc. for a set price. They were fair and at the end there were no hidden or excessive costs. Could not be happier!! And if you are daring enough to give up the reigns and be open to where their ideas take you, you may find, as I did, that the ladies of Sand Petal Weddings will give the the perfect setting to marry your sweetheart. Thank you to everyone at Sand Petal who made our wedding awesome!!! The Fultons

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Jackie S

Sand Petal Weddings made getting married less stressful than I could have ever imagined, especially being a destination wedding for us! I even told my finance, I am stressed out that I am not stressing out the wedding stuff & only worrying about my travel arrangements. LOL.... Read More They were always kind & answered all my million questions throughout the process. They went above & beyond on the day of my wedding! They were an ultimate pleasure to work with and we are extremely happy we went with them. Speaking on behalf of my husband, he was dreading the whole wedding planning part but can truly say now that he enjoyed it and would recommend Sand Petal Weddings to anyone! Me too! :)

Reviewed on 10/28/2016

The staff at Sand Petal Weddings were nothing short of phenomenal! From answering my questions, providing input and making our wedding day so smooth and seamless. Our guests all boasted that this is the best wedding they have EVER been to. Thank you so much for making our... Read More special day one we will never forget!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Corey K

We were married on September 30, 2016 and we just wanted to let Catherine and Lisa know what an absolutely amazing job they did in coordinating our wedding! Their attention to detail and professionalism was impeccable!!! Every one of our guests raved from the food, to the decor;... Read More it was all incredibly fabulous! We are so happy you were so patient with our questions and requests. We cannot thank you enough and we will recommend you to anyone who asks about our magical day!!!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Heather W

Sand petal weddings did a great job making my day as perfect as possible!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Allie K

I couldn't imagine choosing a better company to plan my wedding. Sandpetal was extremely organized and answered any/all questions in regards to our big day. Having an out of state wedding is stressful enough, but Sandpetal made sure we didn't have to worry about anything. I... Read More can't recommend them enough!

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Allison A

We had an amazing experience! Our wedding was beautiful and perfect. We came in from out of state and felt so at ease. Everyone was extremely professional and very helpful. Our wedding planner was always available to answer my questions and send me updates. The day of, they... Read More arrived so early and started setting everything up answering even more of my questions. The food was delicious, the decorations were beautiful, and the photographer was great! We have had so many comments about how beautiful everything was. And the cake! Oh my goodness. I was so sad to leave it behind when we flew home. It was so delicious!!!! I would recommend Sand petal weddings to anyone and everyone who would listen. It was so stress free. They handled everything and it was beautiful.

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Renee L

Sand Petals makes the experience stress free!! Which is every brides dream! You enjoy the wedding planning process vs being stressed out!

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Jenny B

We were recently married in May and decided to go through Sand Petal Weddings. We live in Maryland and although we do have beaches here, they aren't as beautiful as the gulf beaches and we wanted a beach ceremony and reception. I came across SPW by simple searching google for... Read More Florida beach weddings. I was blown away by how beautiful everything was on the pictures, I truly thought it was too good to be true. Especially everything that was included in their packages. Needless to say, I was hesitant at first to entrust strangers to create my most memorable day at a place on the gulf I've never even been. Of course I had tons of questions that the ladies at SPW were always willing to take time and answer. I am SOOOO glad I booked our wedding through them. They were absolutely amazing and very professional. My wedding turned out to be even more beautiful than the pictures on their website!! I am so very pleased with our decision to allow them to create our dream wedding! If I had to do it all again, I wouldn't have changed a thing! These ladies really know their stuff and are so easy going and extremely easy to work with. I highly recommend them to anyone getting married!

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Iris A

I can't speak highly enough about Sand Petal Weddings. They made our day absolutely perfect!! We live in NJ so I thought it would be difficult to plan a wedding out of state but Catherine made it so easy and stress free. The decor was beautiful, our DJ was awesome and our... Read More photographer was amazing!! Our guests could not stop talking about the delicious food! Catherine and her team were simply wonderful and always made sure my husband and I were happy. Our day was everything we ever wanted and more!! We couldn't have picked a better wedding planner.

Reviewed on 7/01/2016 Sara S

We got married on Memorial Day weekend and everything was perfect. Everything went so smoothly. The week before the wedding I had found out my fathers health wasn't good enough for him to travel to Florida (we are from Il.) Lisa and Kathy worked with me to get everything back in... Read More place and move things around. They literally walked us thru the day and we didn't have to do a thing. From the decorations, food, cake, DJ and the amazing photographer from 3five photography, it was all perfect. I would 100% recommend this company! I look back at the pictures today and still cry. It was so beautiful and something we will never forget! So glad I got to have my dream wedding. These ladies made it possible!

Reviewed on 6/22/2016

There are no words to express how pleased and grateful we are with Cathy , Lisa and Sand Petsl Weddings, our daughter was determined to have a beach wedding ,she contracted with Sand Petal weddings, I was very skeptical to say the least, Cathy and Lisa were great they helped to... Read More create the wedding of our daughters dreams. Everything was absolutely perfect, they were very professional and took care of every detail. We usve had so many compliments on the wedding from friends and family who attended the wedding. Thank-you Cathy,Lisa and Sand Petal Weddings for making this wedding the wedding our daughter dreamed of.

Reviewed on 6/21/2016 Laura R

I don't even know where to begin! Lisa and Cathy are truly amazing women and extremely talented at throwing an amazing wedding! From my first phone call with Cathy I knew I had made the right choice. She is so sweet and truly cares about each and every wedding. She was available... Read More to answer my questions any time I called, and always had great ideas and suggestions. She knows the best vendors and I was blown away by how perfect every single one of them were. I loved my venue! Our wedding was on Anna Maria Island at the Tiki Hut and it was beautiful. The ceremony and reception cite were decorated beautifully and it was more than I could have ever dreamed of. The photographer was hilarious and had such a great personality. He took so many amazing photos and I can't wait to get them all back. The cake, food and drinks were delicious and surpassed all my wildest dreams and expectations. Living in Kentucky I wasn't able to be there to make every decision, but I knew Cathy had my best interests at heart and she gave me the wedding of my dreams. I am so happy I chose to have my wedding on the beach in FL, and I know it wouldn't have been the same without Sand Petal Weddings. I would very highly recommend them and I am already counting down the years till I can go back and have our vow renewal through them! ;)

Reviewed on 6/20/2016

Sand Petal Weddings helped us create the beach wedding our daughter and her fiance had hoped for! Lisa and Kathy were delightful to work with....professional, thorough, organized, timely in their responses to phone calls and questions, attentive to details, and willing to work... Read More at creating the kind of day we envisioned. The vendors that they work with were equally as professional and easy to work with, and we were thoroughly pleased with the service they provided. We will forever cherish the wonderful memories of a beautiful wedding! Thank you Sand Petals!!!

Reviewed on 6/20/2016 halie h

What can I say? Or where do I start? Catherine and Lisa were gems. They gave us a perfect wedding. From the decorations, the food, the cake, the music, just everything was perfect! I still have people who were staying here at the hotel coming up to us telling us how beautiful it... Read More was! We love sand petal weddings and highly recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 4/27/2016 Sonia Enid G

We are still so amazed on how wonderful everything went on our wedding day! Everything was so well prepared, beautifully done and very professional staff.. Cathy had all her people well managed ... We couldn't have had asked for more! Thank You Sand Petals!

Reviewed on 12/17/2015

These ladies truly are the best at what they do! We had our wedding August 15th, 2015 at Sunset Beach Resort on Siesta Key at sunset. Unfortunately that was when it decided to rain. Cathy was wonderful at timing our ceremony in between rain showers. We even had the most... Read More BEAUTIFUL rainbow at the end of our ceremony. And the reception at the Daiquiri Deck was so much fun we didn't want it to end. We had more than one guest come up to us and say this was one of the best weddings they have ever been to, and that Bobby and I should get married every year! My husband and I had a long engagement and I worked with Cathy and Lisa for about a year and a half leading up to the wedding so I would highly recommend Sand-Petal Weddings if you are looking to get married in the Sarasota area. No one will treat you better.

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Kalie F

So glad I made the decision to work with these wonderful ladies! Living in Ohio it was difficult trying to plan our wedding in Florida, however sand petal weddings totally took away that stress! They were there every step of the way and our guests were so impressed with... Read More everything they did for us. I would definitely recommend them to anyone wanting to plan a wedding in Florida! Also the photographer they booked for us, Steve with 3five photography was amazing!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Lilly R

I used Sand Petal Weddings for my wedding in October of 2015. I planned the entire wedding from another state, which can be nerve wracking for some, but Kathy and Lisa were always there to answer my every question. They were so helpful throughout the entire wedding planning... Read More process, and were very open to all of my ideas. They took my vision and made it a reality. My wedding was everything I dreamed of! Everything went smoothly, and everything was beautiful. I loved it all so much that I wish I could do it all over again!! The vendors were all great as well, especially our photographer Steve - everyone loved him! And the 3 teaser photos I received so far are amazing...I cannot wait to see the rest! I would very highly recommend Sand Petal Weddings!

Reviewed on 9/24/2015 Erin C

Sand Petal Weddings really made planning my destination wedding so easy and as stress-free as possible (wedding planning is never completely stress-free for the bride after all.) They were very accommodating and easy to work with!

Sand Petal Weddings

Reviewed on 6/03/2015

Sand Petal Weddings did an amazing overall job for helping us plan a wedding from the other side of the country.

Reviewed on 5/24/2015

Perfect beach wedding! Sand Petal Weddings is an exceptional business! My husband and I got married in Sarasota, FL this past April and had the best beach wedding imaginable! Cathy and Lisa made everything stress-free and easy. They were very easy to get a hold of and were... Read More always there to answer any questions we had. Planning a wedding from far away was so much easier than I could have imagined! Cathy and Lisa put together an absolutely beautiful wedding that exceeded all expectations my husband and I had! The decorations were beautiful and the whole wedding day ran so smoothly. Our guests are still talking about what a beautiful wedding it was and what a great time they had. We wish we could go back and relive our wedding day all over again and there wouldn't be a thing we would change! When we first chose Sand Petal Weddings we were mailed a packet which contained everything we would need for our wedding including hair salons, florists, hotels, and surrounding restaurants.The packet was so helpful and made planning our wedding weekend stress-free! All the vendors recommended by Sand Petal Weddings were exceptional! I was very pleased with the hair salon and florists I used. The photographer, guitarist, DJ, and all the other staff who helped on our wedding day were also amazing! Everyone was easy to work with and made us feel at ease. We would definitely recommend Sand Petal Weddings to anyone who is looking to have a beach wedding that will be remember for years!

Start a Conversation!