Offering Beach Ceremonies and Beach Receptions

Sand Petal Weddings focuses on the destination bride! Offering all inclusive wedding packages! Choose a Beach front ceremony and your choice of beach front receptions. Packages include dinner, Dj, centerpieces, luau show, wedding cake, wedding planner, ceremony arbor, officiant, and live musician.

• Outdoor - Covered

Beach, Tented

4602 Ashton Rd, SARASOTA, FL

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

Where do I start?Communication was a huge deal for us.Kathi and Lisa were there for us from day one with any questions we may have had either by email,phone or in person.The only complaint we have is not owning a time machine to go back in time to experience our wedding day all... Read More over again.It was so perfect.From the smallest details to the more intricate things,everything was perfect.I have been known to leave a wedding and bring back fast food to the table for myself because of horrible wedding food.I will normally eat a good meal before a wedding because of this.Our food was so good.Every thing from the appetizers to the cake was amazing.The food smelled so good I was distracted and couldn't wait until we were over with the photo shoot so that we could eat.Which brings us to our wedding photographer.He was very professional and down to earth.He sent us a few teaser photos via email and our jaws literally dropped.We cannot wait to get the rest of the photos from him.We had friends and family from both Pennsylvania and Florida.Most from Florida.To hear our guest from Florida who have seen their share of beach weddings say that our wedding was the best beach wedding they have ever been to made us very happy and was confirmation that we had made the right choice when we decided to go with Sand Petal Weddings to help us with our wedding.Our guest were kept on their toes and there was never a dull moment at the reception.The entertainment was amazing.Every time we though it was about to end the entertainers came out with something else.We are still receiving texts,calls and emails about how much fun everyone had.There are even talks about having a yearly thing back at the venue with everyone who was there for the wedding.This kind of buzz does not happen if everyone didn't have a good time.The theme was perfect.From the colors to how everything was decorated.Lisa did an amazing job taking care of all of that.It will be very hard to top that day.A day that we had worked so hard for and for so long was made a reality with the help of Sand Petal Weddings.We both agreed that if anyone would ask,that we would absolutely,without a shadow of a doubt recommend Sand Petal Weddings as their go-to wedding planners.We honestly cannot find one thing to complain about even if we tried.The wedding went so smooth with the help of Kathi and Lisa.We did not feel like just another customer with them.We felt the urge on their part to make our wedding the most memorable day of our lives and they definitely followed through with that.We couldn't be any happier.We truly felt like a king and queen that day as should any bride and groom should feel on their special day.We appreciate every single thing that this company has done for us.Our guest could not stop talking about how beautiful everything was,how great the food was,how much fun they had watching the entertainers do their thing.The participation from the bride and groom during the entertainment segment had everyone laughing and smiling from ear to ear.All the vendors were great and very professional.I really can't say enough about Sand Petal Weddings and I would recommend them to anybody looking to make their dream wedding a reality.A huge, HUGE THANK YOU to Lisa and Kathi from Sand Petal Weddings for making our dream beach wedding come true and having it done so perfectly.It'll be something we will remember and talk about with our friends and family for a very long time.

This was our dream beach wedding!

Reviewed on 12/17/2014 Jackie F

Cathy and Lisa from Sand Petal Weddings are seasoned professionals in the business of planning weddings and it showed in every little detail of our big day. Planning a wedding from another state was something we were initially nervous about, but they made it easy for us by going... Read More through the process step by step, laying out all of choices and reminding us of what decisions needed to be made by when. They were also incredibly accommodating about some of the elements of our event that we wanted to customize. I feel like as a bride leading up to the big day I had some of the normal stresses, but what I noticed about my day in comparison to so many other weddings I've been a part of was that I felt like I didn't have a care in the world on the big day! I woke up, went for a walk on the beach, had coffee with some of my family and had plenty of time to get ready with my bridesmaids and have our photographer take some photos of the girls before it was show time - Cathy and Lisa literally ran the show on the day of and I did not have to worry about a thing! And what made it even better was showing up later and seeing how absolutely beautiful everything was set up; exactly according to plan. The DJ was great; we had some impromptu speeches and an impromptu singer and he was really awesome about going with the flow and making everything fit right in. I have to say planning long distance, one of my biggest worries was the food and not be able to try it beforehand...IT WAS DELICIOUS and all of our guests RAVED about the food! And to top it all off, instead of wedding cake, we requested the caterer make 3 different kinds of custom Brazilian desserts; they passed the test with flying colors - half of our wedding guests were Brazilian and they gave the dessert a thumbs up! Same thing with the bartenders, one of our prerequisites was that they needed to be able to make caipirinhas which is a traditional Brazilian cocktail, and Cathy and Lisa made sure they were equipped to do so beforehand. We really can't thank this team enough - you made our day one that we could re-live a million times over and discover something new and wonderful we loved about it each time

Thank you for making our wedding a day we will never forget!

Reviewed on 10/18/2014

My husband and I got married in May earlier this year. We live in Chicago but knew we wanted to marry and have our reception on the beach in Florida. We looked at resorts, restaurants, museums, etc but when we found Sand Petal we thought it was almost too good to be true. These... Read More guys are a one stop shop which when you are planning from a distance, cannot be beat! I will say I was a pretty hands off bride, we filled out the check list and I truly put my trust in the professionals. Lisa even called me a month before the wedding to ask about color scheme, my novice eyes had created a hodgepodge of colors but after vaguely explaining what I was looking for, she created EXACTLY what we were hoping for but couldn't put into words. Now on to the day.... They were there setting up at 8am, seeing what they did in 6 hours was amazing! They transformed this little piece of the beach into our private sanctuary. My husband and I are still in awe of how they were able to capture exactly what we had imagined it to look and feel like. The ceremony was great, the special touches were unexpected surprises, the dj respected our requests, the photographer took amazing pics, the food was great (another wonderful surprise... As many are, when we got back to the hotel room we were so hungry and looked in the fridge and they had left 2 plates of food for us!!!) who does that?!?! Amazing! Lisa and Kathy are amazing! I really felt like they were there for us and our party and kept things running smoothly without disrupting the vibe. We recommend Sand Petal Weddings to anyone looking to have a destination wedding on the West coast of Florida! They really do take care of decor, food, photography, ceremony etc. for a set price. They were fair and at the end there were no hidden or excessive costs. Could not be happier!! And if you are daring enough to give up the reigns and be open to where their ideas take you, you may find, as I did, that the ladies of Sand Petal Weddings will give the the perfect setting to marry your sweetheart. Thank you to everyone at Sand Petal who made our wedding awesome!!! The Fultons

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Kalie F

So glad I made the decision to work with these wonderful ladies! Living in Ohio it was difficult trying to plan our wedding in Florida, however sand petal weddings totally took away that stress! They were there every step of the way and our guests were so impressed with... Read More everything they did for us. I would definitely recommend them to anyone wanting to plan a wedding in Florida! Also the photographer they booked for us, Steve with 3five photography was amazing!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Lilly R

I used Sand Petal Weddings for my wedding in October of 2015. I planned the entire wedding from another state, which can be nerve wracking for some, but Kathy and Lisa were always there to answer my every question. They were so helpful throughout the entire wedding planning... Read More process, and were very open to all of my ideas. They took my vision and made it a reality. My wedding was everything I dreamed of! Everything went smoothly, and everything was beautiful. I loved it all so much that I wish I could do it all over again!! The vendors were all great as well, especially our photographer Steve - everyone loved him! And the 3 teaser photos I received so far are amazing...I cannot wait to see the rest! I would very highly recommend Sand Petal Weddings!

Reviewed on 9/24/2015 Erin C

Sand Petal Weddings really made planning my destination wedding so easy and as stress-free as possible (wedding planning is never completely stress-free for the bride after all.) They were very accommodating and easy to work with!

Sand Petal Weddings

Reviewed on 6/03/2015

Sand Petal Weddings did an amazing overall job for helping us plan a wedding from the other side of the country.

Reviewed on 5/24/2015

Perfect beach wedding! Sand Petal Weddings is an exceptional business! My husband and I got married in Sarasota, FL this past April and had the best beach wedding imaginable! Cathy and Lisa made everything stress-free and easy. They were very easy to get a hold of and were... Read More always there to answer any questions we had. Planning a wedding from far away was so much easier than I could have imagined! Cathy and Lisa put together an absolutely beautiful wedding that exceeded all expectations my husband and I had! The decorations were beautiful and the whole wedding day ran so smoothly. Our guests are still talking about what a beautiful wedding it was and what a great time they had. We wish we could go back and relive our wedding day all over again and there wouldn't be a thing we would change! When we first chose Sand Petal Weddings we were mailed a packet which contained everything we would need for our wedding including hair salons, florists, hotels, and surrounding restaurants.The packet was so helpful and made planning our wedding weekend stress-free! All the vendors recommended by Sand Petal Weddings were exceptional! I was very pleased with the hair salon and florists I used. The photographer, guitarist, DJ, and all the other staff who helped on our wedding day were also amazing! Everyone was easy to work with and made us feel at ease. We would definitely recommend Sand Petal Weddings to anyone who is looking to have a beach wedding that will be remember for years!

Reviewed on 5/19/2015

First class customer service! We wanted a small beach wedding for our celebration, and Sand Petal Weddings was the right fit for us. It was just the two of us, but Sand Petals made my husband and I feel like their biggest customer. They have wonderful attention to detail, paid... Read More attention to my likes and dislikes, and had great vendor recommendations for my hair and makeup. Sand Petals provided the photographer, the minister, and the perfect setting for our nuptials. We went with Sand Petals just based on other reviews, and they did not disappoint! They made our wedding day easy, special, and memorable and I cannot say enough things about them!

the wedding of my dreams

Reviewed on 5/19/2015

Absolutely amazing wedding service. The people that run it are more than wonderful and nice, always willing to work with you and answer your questions! I had a big scare of having it rain on my wedding on siesta key beach and the wedding coordinator went out of her way to find a... Read More place I could have my wedding if it were to rain. she also gave her expert opinion to help me make the decision on where to have it, I decided to have it on the beach and it turned out to be everything I have ever dreamed of, I was blessed to get a amazing sunset an even rainbows all of which the photographer (also amazing) was able to capture! I highly recommend this company!

My niece's wedding

Reviewed on 5/14/2015

I wanted to take a minute to convey my thanks and appreciation for the outstanding job that Sand Petal Weddings team performed with the Brunory wedding party. All of our family and friends had a wonderful time. I also wanted to thank specifically for all of the help and support... Read More you provided me with following up on every detail. It made my job as the family coordinator very easy and allowed me to enjoy the day with my family.

Reviewed on 5/12/2015

Sand Petal Weddings is your ONE stop shop to go to for ALL of your Beach Wedding needs! From the pre-planning, rehearsal & Big Day- they have it all covered. With their extensive Questionnaire to fill out- you pick out what and what not is to happen.It is that easy. The Ladies... Read More of the SP office are always courteous, polite, knowledgeable and ready to help! I thoroughly enjoyed meeting with them weekly- since I was local :). I had a fabulous Beach Wedding on 12/6/14- all thanks to Sand Petal Weddings. I didn't have much that I needed to worry about- Sand Petals took care of it all for me! That is very important in the wedding planning process for any bride- to find a company that can handle just about all the aspects of your wedding day- to where you need to just be dressed and show up- that is so much appreciated and worth their very reasonable pricing!

My Dream Beach Wedding

Reviewed on 4/24/2015

I live in Michigan and was married in April, 2015 on Siesta Key, FL. The team at Sand Petal Weddings made planning easy and fun and delivered on every detail beautifully. They felt like family on the day of my event and put so much effort into every detail. I chose a package... Read More that included all the bells & whistles and have no regrets. One stop shopping for all the details is the way to go, especially when you are planning from out of state. Every staff member and vendor they provided was excellent, warm, friendly and professional. They made my wedding day wonderful and so many of my guests said it was the nicest wedding they have ever attended :)

Perfect beach wedding

Reviewed on 3/06/2015 Stephanie L

We booked Sand Petals Weddings after I found them on here (theknot.com) while researching beach wedding locations. We had not visited Anna Maria Island, but SPW offered everything we were looking for. They literally took care of everything but the flowers. That made my... Read More life/wedding day so much easier that I didn't have to coordinate and juggle every vendor myself. Unfortunately our wedding day was overcast and rainy, but Cathy made me feel at ease running around taking care of all the little touches I had wanted on our wedding day. All the vendors that they did book for us (photographer, dj, venue/cater) were such a pleasure to work with. They all constantly made sure that we were ok and happy with whatever was happening or if they could help in any way. Everyone is still talking about how great the food was from the Sand Bar (the venue provided the food). They are also still talking about the luau show that was included in our package. We can't thank SPW and their vendors enough for making our wedding day so amazing.

Beach wedding dream come true.

Reviewed on 3/05/2015 Thaochau Y

Lisa & Cathy, I wanted to say thank you so very much for all your hard work in putting everything together to give me a perfect wedding day. I love everything and is happy with everything, from hair and makeup, flowers, cake was delicious and pretty, the officiant was very... Read More professional, the DJ and violist were both awesome, and most of all the photographer were very funny. Everything you recommended me was exceeding my expectations. I was nervous at first but decided to go with my luck and it turn out to be more than perfect and flawless. Words cannot describe how much I really appreciate your works, you were very organized and guide me through everything until the last min of the night. Put everything belong to me in the box. Without you, I would be so lost as no one care to do those for me because they were all busy drinking away and have their own fun. You went above and beyond to accomodate my last minute request of adding the maid of honor and best man. You made it run so smoothly and no hesitation whatsoever. Every single guests in my wedding can't stop saying my wedding is so beautiful and is flawless. All these because you made it happen for me. Again, thank you so very much! You guys are awesome! Friends and family love and enjoyed everything that night and everyone gave 2 thumbs up for Sand Petal Wedding! Be prepare to get busy since they will be contacting you for their weddings.

Thank You!!

Reviewed on 1/29/2015 Jane B

Since I was a little girl, it has been my dream to get married in Siesta Key, Florida. As soon as I got engaged I began searching for the perfect venue and company to put together my big day. I stumbled upon Sand Petal Weddings website, and at first, it seemed too good to be... Read More true! After speaking with Cathy, I knew it was meant to be. Our wedding was in October 2014 and we planned it in only about 2 months. Everything was perfect! From the decorations, food, and exceptional service, Sand Petal Weddings far exceeded my dreams. Not only were they attentive and patient with me, they were also kind and considerate. They truly understood the vibe of the wedding I wanted. I can't think of anything I would have changed, and I have been told by several attendees, it was the best wedding they've ever been to. It was truly my fairy tale! Thank you, Sand Petal Weddings, for making me feel like a princess and for creating the most beautiful and special day of my life. I sincerely couldn't have done it without you, and we are forever grateful. ~Jane and Patrick Holmes Richmond, VA

Beach Wedding Dreams do come true!

Reviewed on 11/13/2014

When my husband and I decided to have a beach wedding in Florida-we had no idea where to begin. I grew up in Miami, but I wanted a different city to get married in. Once we found a quaint resort in Siesta Key, we were then left with the burden of figuring out who would help us... Read More with the wedding ceremony on the beach? We live in Maryland and as everyone knows planning a wedding from afar is super stressful. We chose Sand Petals after thorough research because of their reasonable pricing for the package that we wanted. Little did we realize we would get so much more! Their customer service, attention to detail, creative ideas and timely responses to any and all of my questions helped allay all of my fears for my wedding day. Catherine, Lisa and Ashley are as good as you can get when it comes to the ultimate planners in beach wedding ceremonies. We just celebrated our wedding this past week in Siesta Key and it was everything I had dreamed it would be. Our guests are still talking about it to this day. I'd like to say I was a hands off bride, but that would be a lie. As the ladies can tell you I had a million questions about everything... And they very easily obliged me. I must also say that the other amenities that came with our King Neptune package like the videographer, photographer, steel drum player, officiant were also wonderful. These folks know what they,re doing....and on the day of our wedding ceremony everything ran like a well-oiled machine. I'm the type of person who rarely puts her trust in anyone or any service (mainly because I'm a control freak) but rest assured you can book Sand Petals for your wedding and NEVER worry about a thing. I highly recommend their company to anyone who is planning a beach wedding in the Sarasota area. They really will make your wedding dreams come true! We thank you all for making our day one of the most memorable moments of our lives!

The Most Memorable Night!

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Lindsey H

Being from Iowa, we didn't know alot about Florida and all the places we could have our ceremony and reception. I found several places on both sides of Florida ranging from DIY wedding planning in a municipal building to hotels with a beach front venues. Sand Petal was the last... Read More wedding planners we saw and Kathy and her company totally sold us on thier services. We wanted a beach wedding with a polynesian flair and that's what we got. Beach, Tiki Hut, Pacific Native dancing and everything. All was put together by Sand Petal and all I had to worry about is being dressed and getting down there from Iowa. Every detail was taken care of and everything went as planned. My guests are still talking about how awesome my wedding was!

PERFECT Wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Amanda R

When my husband and I got engaged we knew right away we wanted a destination wedding. I found Sand Petal Weddings through my Mother In-Law, she lives in the Sarasota area and had heard amazing reviews. I actually had the opportunity of traveling down to Florida and meeting... Read More with Cathy in the Sand Petal Office, she knew exactly what I wanted and was there to help me throughout the entire process! I had 100% confidence they would be able to pull off my dream wedding when I left their office that day, and they by far met every expectation I had! I will be honest, I was nervous because you don't get to try the food or cake but it was AMAZING!! All of our guests raved about how wonderful the food was and how wonderful the cake looked and tasted! I even surprised my groom with a Groom Cake and it was an exact replica of his 1992 Mustang! It was everything I had imagined and more! I can not thank every one at Sand Petals enough for all their hard work they put into my special day, it was a dream come true! Thank you!!

October 4, 2014

Reviewed on 10/21/2014

When I first got engaged I was all over the map with wedding ideas. My husband being from Texas and myself being from Ohio put a lot of burden on where exactly we should get married! We decided to do a destination wedding in Sarasota, Florida. I found Sand Petal Weddings on... Read More TheKnot and after careful consideration and a month of looking up reviews, I decided they were the ones for me! Please let me tell you this is the best decision of the whole wedding process! Lisa is AMAZING! I planned everything from Ohio and Lisa came thru 100% on everything we talked about! The wedding was GORGEOUS!! Having her there to help me was such a stress reducer! Everything was so great. We had a BBQ buffet and people loved it! The decorations were beautiful! The location was at Gulf Beach Resort and it was literally right on the ocean. The DJ was amazing and I cant even explain how great my photographer was! The cake was delicious, people told me they went up for second and thirds! My day went by so fast and with the help of Sand Petal Weddings I was able to enjoy every moment and not stress out about a thing! We had a great day and we will remember it for the rest of our lives together!! Thanks again Sand Petals! Love, The Cunninghams

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Margaret H

We got married on June 7th, 2014 on Anna Maria Island, FL. We are from Nashville, so obviously needed someone there to plan things for us. The whole process was seamless and the SPW team was so easy to work with, very responsive, and incredibly friendly! Having never been to... Read More Anna Maria Island, or seeing their work made me a little bit nervous. However, we got so many compliments on the d├ęcor, the cake, the DJ, the food. Even my mother was extremely pleased with how easy the whole planning process was! After having planned an in town wedding for my sister years previous, she thought this was going to be much harder. She was thrilled that the process was so easy, thanks to SPW. I honestly could not have asked for a more perfect wedding! Thanks to the team at SPW for making it so perfect!

Helpful and Easy!

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Kelly M

Sand Petal Weddings made our day perfect! The process was incredibly easy. We picked out a package that worked best for our small wedding (and small-ish budget). We lived in Illinois when we began working with Sand Petal Weddings, and they were extremely accommodating. They were... Read More also extremely helpful in turning a few inspiration photos into the wedding I had in mind. Their suggestions on decor were exactly what I needed. Sand Petal Weddings helped me not feel stressed about my big day. They took care of so many of the details. There wasn't much that I needed to worry about. I would 100% recommend Sand Petal Weddings to any bride!

Outstanding wedding planners!

Reviewed on 10/18/2014

We used Sand Petal weddings for our destination wedding (we live in the United Kingdom) in Anna Maria, Florida. Being thousands of miles and several time zones away we relied 100% on Sand Petal to organise everything. They not only matched our expectations but exceeded them... Read More significantly, and our eternal thanks go to Cathy and her crew for organizing a perfect beach wedding. Right from the start Sand Petal handled all arrangements, dealing with a change of venue (our original choice suddenly decided to renovate around our chosen date!), organizing officiant, musician, DJ, food. Pretty much everything except the wedding flowers and dress! They kept us informed throughout the build up to the day itself and gave us great confidence that all would be well on the day, particularly important as we are so far away geographically. On the day itself we simply could not have asked for more. The organization was perfect with the wedding running like clockwork. My wife and I simply followed our instructions on where to be and what to do throughout. It was a completely stress-free experience and we were free to enjoy the day rather than worrying about timings. Next the venue (Sandbar) was absolutely stunning. Decorated with lanterns and fairy lights everywhere it looked unbelievable as the sun set. The beach had been swept clean and the ceremony area had a spectacular view over the ocean. Everything else continued to exceed our expectations - the cake, the food, table decorations, dance floor, bar - everything was absolutely perfect. Also worth highlighting they had chosen an excellent support crew. The photographer was outstanding, the guitarist for the ceremony played flawlessly, the DJ clicked in to the music that would work best for our mixed US/UK audience. the officiant kept things simple (as we had asked) and guided us through the ceremony and formalities, and all throughout the Sand Petal gang were running around taking care of everything. We honestly cannot think of a single thing we would change about the day and cannot give enough praise and thanks to Sand Petal for organizing such an amazing wedding. We simply could not have asked for more and if you are considering a beach wedding they should definitely be at the top of your list of planners to contact.

Perfect Wedding Day!

Reviewed on 8/20/2014 Leylah D

We chose Sand Petal weddings for their locations and competitive pricing, but we got an experience we were not expecting. From the very beginning, Cathy and Lisa were beyond amazing. They walked us through all the decisions, details, and plans, and were available to answer our... Read More questions whenever we needed them. We were able to customize our day to fit our personalities with no problems. They provided the most beautiful venue, and made our day perfect. The food was hands-down some of the best wedding food we have ever had! All of our guests complimented the dinner and cupcakes. Our DJ, Mark, was fantastic. He played anything we wanted, and supplemented with the perfect music for our night. The photographer, Steve, was absolutely incredible. He has such a great personality, and made everyone laugh and feel comfortable. We couldn't be more pleased with how stress free our wedding day was- everything was handled beautifully and professionally. The day was flawless and we thank you very much for everything! We definitely recommend Sand Petal Weddings for anyone that wants a perfect beach wedding!

Nothing but the best!!!

Reviewed on 8/14/2014 Sarah H

Sand petal weddings was our all encompassing wedding vendor they took care of EVERYTHING from the ceremony to the cake. Everything was absolutely perfect. The venue surpassed anything I could have imagined. The ceremony was perfect not to long or short and they were able to make... Read More every member of our family feel important with 5 kids that's sometimes challenging.they were prepared for everything. The city was unfortunately dredging right where our ceremony was and sandpetals went above and beyond by calling them to ask if they would refrain during the ceremony which they obliged (thank god!!) when the weather got unexpectedly windy and cold they were prepared with tent flaps. When I realized I forgot my garter they provided and extra. Our wedding coordinator was with us EVERY step of the way and nothing short of AMAZING. The entertainment of fire dancers and Polynesian dancers they coordinated was perfect entertainment and the food was OUTSTANDING. I'm sure I'm missing things because we were beyond pleased with absolutely everything. We definitely got our money's worth and then some!!! I would highly recommend them to EVERYONE I know!!