Wedding Planning, Styling, and Design

Congratulations to the newly engaged! My approach is to handle the particulars while creating a design to maximize your budget, whatever that may be. My goal? A stunning and unique event reflective of your personal style. I love mixing the old and the new, the modern and rustic, and can't wait to show you what we can accomplish together for your special day!

Engagement Party, Getting Engaged, After Party, Bridal Luncheon, Bridal Shower, Day After Brunch, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Sophie S

Josie was the BEST decision I made in this whole process (beside getting married). She is so well organized and has a great mind for design and overall feel of a wedding. From the planning, vendor selection, day of organizing and everything in between Josie made this process so... Read More pleasant and manageable. I would recommend her to ANYONE planning a wedding or event, she is simply the best!!

2016-10-28T11:52:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! You guys are such a great couple and so much fun to work with, I'm a little sad the wedding is over!! :)

Reviewed on 2/06/2017 Kathy F

Josie was our wedding planner for our November 5th wedding in NOLA. There aren't enough wonderful things to say about Josie as a planner as well as the entire process. From the beginning, Josie was organized and invested in making our wedding visions come to life. She always... Read More provided options when needed and steered me in the right direction when I was stuck between two choices. Josie always made time to talk with me about any big changes I wanted to make throughout the process and kept me totally sane! She was always prompt to respond and get in touch with our vendors for all the small print details. Day off, everything was truly special and just the way we had hoped it would be. We couldn't have done it without her and her team!

Reviewed on 1/10/2017 Alexa I

Josie is truly the best! I chose her design and coordinate package which was perfect for my needs and I love that she had this option! She was so easy to work with and extremely thoughtful and organized throughout the whole process. She went above and beyond for us on so many... Read More occasions and she always made us feel like a top priority. She had great ideas along the way and really helped us construct our vision of our wedding and helped communicate this to the vendors. She is professional, trustworthy and talented and she was a joy to work with! Our wedding turned out more perfect than I could have dreamed of! Thanks so much Josie!!

Reviewed on 12/21/2016 Laura G

Having Josie as our wedding planner was the best decision we could have made! She was extremely organized and coordinated with all of the other vendors, which made my life infinitely easier. I'm not the most decisive person and any time I needed help making a decision, she... Read More would steer me in the right direction. I would have been a crazy person without her help!

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Hilary K

I am an event planner (not a wedding planner) so I was interested in hiring someone to help with our out of town wedding in New Orleans. After chatting with Josie we ended up going with the full package. We told her from the beginning that we were on a budget and she had a lot... Read More of great ideas that incorporated her natural aesthetic that did not cost a fortune or much at all. She did a great job of wrangling everyone during the rehearsal and right before the ceremony and I didn't have to think about that at all. I didn't really have a clear direction with how I wanted to style my wedding so I just leaned towards what she is great at which was posted on her website and Instagram which I ended up loving. She also recommended a great photographer in our price range who we were thrilled with. I would certainly recommend her for brides in New Orleans, especially if they are having a destination wedding in New Orleans.

Reviewed on 11/09/2016 Virginia H

Josie is absolutely amazing! We hired Josie to be our wedding day-of planner, but she was so much more! Leading up to our big day, she made me feel like a top priority by promptly answering any questions or concerns I had. The day of the wedding, I was able to fully enjoy all... Read More of the excitement of being a bride while she seamlessly coordinated with my vendors, ensured the ceremony and reception areas were decorated to my liking, and kept us on schedule. I was enjoying myself so much that I would have forgot to cut the cake or toss my bouquet without her! We highly recommend Josie to anyone looking for a well-organized planner that will perfectly execute your special day.

Reviewed on 11/09/2016 Virginia H

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Emily C

I've been putting this review off for a while now because it's been so hard for me to figure out just how to put into words what an amazing decision hiring Josie was for me. But this weekend, I'm at a family event and every last family member, 5 months later, is still talking... Read More about my fun, beautiful wedding, commenting on how it almost felt magical, there was something in the air. I think it was all Josie's magic. First, I have to say her personality type is perfect for a wedding planner. She's organized, she's calm, she gets excited over the details, and she has an amazing creative eye that elevates your vision into an amazing reality. She helped me navigate through vendors sales pitches and determine what I needed, keeping me not only on budget but keeping my original vision in focus. She's so creative and artistic she helped me find DIY projects that mimicked what I wanted, but didn't have the budget for, suggesting a wine and paint day, which was fun and helpful, and honestly, just a great bonding experience with someone that was so crucial to my wedding day! When bad news did come up (ahem, a rainy forecast), she delivered the news with such grace it was impossible for me to worry, she had a plan already, and she honestly was concerned for ME and how I felt, it made me feel sure she was going to keep my mindset and what I wanted to happen the priority throughout the day. On my wedding day, all my friends were stunned at how calm I was all day, and that's because I trusted my wedding planner, which is one of the most important keys in helping a wedding day run smoothly. I trusted her creativity to deliver and her organization and calm demeanor to handle it all. Honestly, if there was a glitch at all that day, myself, my mom or any of the bridesmaids did not know and did not have to handle it, we all simply got to enjoy. And lastly, Josie became family with my family. My mom trusted her and was so happy to have such a sweet and warm person helping us coordinate such a special day. She may have even cried once she realized how amazing Josie was, and that she wouldn't have to worry about a thing all day :) That is so important to me, because this day was not only for me, but for my family. She is truly a million dollar experience, and more than once my husband and I said "We are not paying her nearly enough for what she's giving us." And that held true from the moment we hired her until the end of the reception, and even now. Truly the best decision I made during my process. My wedding was beyond what I could have EVER dreamed, and Josie is responsible for that. You really are making a wonderful decision looking at her page, please contact her and meet her for a cup of coffee, and I promise you, you'll agree with every word I'm saying. Thank you a million times over, Josie!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016

Josie is the best! Our wedding was flawless. My husband and I planned our New Orleans wedding from New York, and we could not have done it without Josie. She is organized, super responsive, creative, and an absolute pleasure to work with. We would hire her again in a... Read More heartbeat!

2016-10-28T11:53:59 Response from the vendor

It was my pleasure to be a part of your amazing wedding! You two are some of the most genuine people I've met and I'm lucky to have clients like you!

Reviewed on 4/04/2016 Tracy R

Hiring Josie was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding. I hired her a little over a month out, and there were so many little things I didn't realize I needed to do. She helped me finalize all my plans with all the vendors, and even helped me figure out my table layout... Read More which I had to re-do at the last minute. I had an idea for the wedding design, but she really helped me finalize and implement the flowers and all the other little details--tables signs, candles, and other decor. On the wedding day, there wasn't anything I had to worry about. She set everything up like I wanted, and everything exceeded my expectations. If I could do my wedding over again, the only thing I would change is to have hired Josie earlier in the process. She has great relationships with vendors, gets tasks done quickly, and has amazing taste!

Reviewed on 11/10/2015 Tyler M

Faced with the task of hosting a co-ed wedding shower of at least 50 guests and with half of the hosts being out-of-towners located all over the country, I knew I would need to enlist help with organizing, planning, and executing this event. I immediately thought of Josie with... Read More Satchel Planning & Design. I had previously attended a wedding she designed and was blown away by her attention to detail and impeccable taste. Living in New Orleans, though beautiful, people tend to rotate through a short list of wedding and reception venues; so, even though I had been to that particular venue before, it felt new and fresh. I contacted Josie, and she jumped right into planning my party. She guided me along every step. She helped develop the theme of the event, which played homage to the couple’s engagement and honeymoon destination, gathered décor, developed the food and drink menu, and worked the set up and take down, all while adhering to the (relatively) modest budget she was provided. The shower, held at a friend’s home, was executed flawlessly by Satchel. It was festive and gorgeous, but most importantly, it ran smoothly and was largely in someone else’s hands. Thanks, Josie!

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 Heather L

I hired Josie as a "day of" coordinator for my September 19 wedding and she kept me sane throughout the weekend! Everything was planned and organized down to the last detail, and everything that I was worried about was taken care of with perfection. She was on site the day... Read More before to assist with my set-up and was great at offering suggestions and monitoring the minor disputes that arose between everyone with a different opinion about how and where to put things. We had a little problem come up with the tables for the reception-about ten of the rounds we planned on using were defective, so she immediately took care of the problem, calling a rental company and making sure new tables were delivered promptly. She planned out the wedding ceremony so there was no question about where anyone was supposed to go or be, and everything went perfectly. I was so happy to have her around for the weekend and keep things running smoothly, and would highly recommend her to anyone!

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 Lauren F

My wedding is next May and I hired her to help me. I know that I still have 7 months until my wedding, but she has gone above and beyond already in paying attention to the details I really wanted out of a wedding planner. Her own artistic visions even trumped what I had... Read More originally thought of! I can't wait to have her with me the rest of this journey! She is amazing!

Josie Azuma

I'm an artist with a knack and passion for styling and design. I love working with florals and decor, and I am a firm believer that great style doesn't require an unlimited budget! I got my start planning my own wedding and helping friends plan theirs, and this quickly became my passion. I'm organized by nature, but years of practicing law honed those skills, along with multi-tasking, to-do lists, negotiation, and making things happen! I would love to be a part of making your special day easy and beautiful. Let's see what we can create together!