Saybrook Point Inn & Spa

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

Bow2008
Bow2007

Two Bridge Street, Old Saybrook, CT

Everything we could have asked for...and more!

Reviewed on 10/10/2012 Stephanie G

I am happy to say that after my wedding, I had absolutely NO regrets in having my reception at Saybrook Point Inn. When why husband and I first got engaged, we had time to look around CT venue sites, and Saybrook Point was the most professional one that we visited. I loved how... Read More the setting was right on the water, and there was only one wedding at a time. To me, that made the most difference. During the big day, the staff was so attentive that I didn’t have to worry about a thing! They made sure we ate, bustled my dress (which my MOH was super happy that she didn't have to do it...) and brought all the gifts up to our room at the end of the night. The room my husband and I stayed in that night was just beautiful, and it was nice that we just had to go upstairs. After the wedding, I had an outpour of complements from friends and family. People were RAVING about the food, and others were so happy about the attention they received with dietary needs. They went out of their way to make every guest (all 190 of them) happy! Since my wedding, my husband and I have been back twice to eat at their restaurant Fresh Salt, and we already plan on spending our anniversary there!

Class Act All Around!

Reviewed on 9/16/2014 Caitlin H

I cannot say enough positive things about Saybrook Point Inn! I’m sure this sounds like a repeat of all the other reviews, but this place is truly amazing and a class act. In a world where service barely exists, Saybrook Point Inn goes above and beyond to ensure that your... Read More wedding day is the perfect day that you have always dreamed of! We fell in love with Saybrook Point Inn during our initial tour and knew this is where we wanted to get married. The tasting and vendor night only reinforced all of our reasons for choosing Saybrook Point Inn. This is a fun evening where all couples from upcoming weddings get together for a faux wedding with a sit-down dinner to try some of the popular dishes and meet a variety of different vendors. What’s not to love with the beautiful water views and gorgeous ballroom though! On the day of our wedding the service was outstanding, the food was delicious, and the venue was beautiful. We worked with Sara for planning our wedding and she was amazing. I’m not sure how she keeps it all straight, but I never had a worry on my wedding day or throughout the entire planning process. From Sara, Ellen, Donna, Joe and everyone in between, the team here is the best and made the day as memorable as it was. In addition, we just recently returned for our first wedding anniversary. Everyone at the Inn remembered who we were and treated us just as special as they did on our wedding day! I can completely understand why this venue continues to win The Knot “Best of Weddings” award, they will always deserve it!

Exquisite!

Reviewed on 7/16/2012 Melissa P

We fell in love with Saybrook Point Inn from the minute we arrived for our initial tour and knew this was where we had to have our wedding reception! The staff is extremely attentive and will go above and beyond to make everything perfect... and in fact, our wedding was just... Read More that... PERFECT! The setting is picturesque, the food is superb, and the staff is amazing. Family members have already returned to Saybrook Point Inn due the phenomenal time they had at our wedding! We look forward to visiting Saybrook Point Inn for years to come and will always cherish the memories of our time there.

Reviewed on 12/02/2016 Taylor N

My husband and I had our wedding ceremony and reception at the Saybrook Point Inn over Labor Day weekend 2016. We were so pleased with how the preparation and execution of our wedding day went. The staff at the Saybrook Point Inn are unlike any place I have ever been. Everyone... Read More from the director of sales to the staff at the front desk and in between were amazing. They were always available for any questions or assistance during the wedding and before. Sara, the director of sales, is extremely organized and knows exactly what she is doing. I felt that we were in great hands working with her. Sara and her team made our day so special and worry free with all the work they did upfront. We gave them all of our wedding decorations and they set everything up. The room looked beautiful. Sara also contacted all of our vendors and made arrangements with them. The food at the wedding was amazing and I had multiple compliments from guests about their meals. Definitely add the raw bar! We went to the bar at Fresh Salt after our reception. The bartenders were great and always accomodating. Joe was also amazing on our wedding day. He was with us the entire day. He always made sure we had a drink if we need one and made sure we ate. He also gave us great suggestions on how to greet all of our guests and still have a great time at our reception, which was very important to us. I greatly appreciate everything he did for us on our wedding day. Jack and his team at the front desk were exceptional and so helpful. They were always there when we needed to bring bags in and out. The accomodations at the Point are also exceptional. The rooms are very large and very clean. The lighthouse suite is a must! We would highly recommend any couple thinking of getting married to consider the Saybrook Point Inn. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Lisa

Saybrook Point Inn was the most perfect setting for our wedding this past June! Once we stepped foot onto the property, we knew this was the place for us. You are surrounded by beautiful water views and the inn itself has classic New England charm. We spent several afternoons... Read More enjoying a cocktail at one of many tables overlooking their marina during the planning process. We chose to have our rehearsal dinner at their restaurant, Fresh Salt, and a farewell brunch the morning after the wedding. We were able to have our "wedding weekend" all on site and in one place, which felt like a mini vacation for us and our guests who chose to stay with us at the Inn. We never once had to leave the Inn which was convenient for us and our families/friends. All of the staff were always so king and welcoming. We initially met with Sara and then went on to work with a few different coordinators through our engagement. Everyone we worked with were all so professional, accommodating, responsive, and helpful. Response times were always so quick which made the planning process so much smoother. Sara absolutely knows her stuff and helped us so much through all of our decision making to help us create our perfect wedding. The weather the day of the wedding was questionable. An afternoon of rain caused us to consider moving the ceremony inside. Everyone was willing to wait until the last possible minute, hours before the start time, to make the call. Luckily they did because sure enough the sun came out and we were able to have our wedding outside at their beautiful Compass Rose ceremony site. Our guests raved about how beautiful the ceremony & cocktail hour were, the delicious food, and ambiance through the entire day. The staff goes above and beyond to make sure the Bride and Groom are well taken care of the entire night so you can just enjoy every second of the day. We have already planned a trip back for our anniversary and we are so excited to return to this beautiful place!

Reviewed on 11/05/2016 Erin M

Don't get me wrong-I absolutely love the venue and it was the perfect match for my husband and I. I was just a bit disappointed on the details component of my wedding. There was multiple personnel changes which was difficult to deal with throughout the planning process. Also,... Read More some of the execution on the day of caused me to get involved, when as a bride that is the last thing you want to deal with. Food and venue are great-things just fell a bit flat with me on the execution level.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Jess D

We had the best Sunday Brunch wedding ever at Saybrook Point Inn. Sara was awesome at making our different ideas come to fruition and we are so grateful to her and the ENTIRE SPI team for their extreme loyalty to our wedding on our wedding day. The entire day, I did not need a... Read More thing. I swear they can read your mind for everything that you want/need. I was that bride that didn’t bring flip-flops to her own wedding. Right after my ceremony I decided that the shoes I had NEEDED to go. Within 25 minutes, I had a pair of sandals. That’s how good everyone was! We still have people commenting on how courteous and helpful the staff was. Although other weddings happened that weekend, I still felt like the only bride in the building. They were so accommodating. They even helped a bride and her maids that would have had an awful hangover on wedding morning by getting us Burger King late the night before, LOL. Donna and Valarie were gems too. After my bustle broke for the third time, Donna insisted on fixing it for me to the best of her ability, and I was grateful to not continue to fix it for the rest of the day. The staff also set up all of my DIY (there were many) projects exactly or even better than I had instructed and placed them back into their boxes with care. We also held a “Welcome Recpetion” the night before our wedding for the out of town guests. The food and wine was great along with the intimate location that we used. It was the perfect time to sit down with people we don’t see too often and reconnect before our big day. If Saybrook Point Inn is a place that you are considering, just go for it. The entire team will not let you down.

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Amanda D

The staff at Saybrook point inn exceeded all expectations!!! The wedding tasting was outstanding and gave us a glimps of what to expect on our special day. The food is amazing and we even found our photographer (capture photography) who literally caught every special... Read More moment..The day of our wedding,I as a bride felt so taken care of by staff , I had no worries. If you choose Saybrook point for your wedding venue, you will truly not be let down!

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Mark P

Our time at Saybrook Point was absolutely amazing. Every detail of our wedding was considered to perfection and on our wedding day there was nothing for us to do but enjoy it. From the moment we began our conversation with the Saybrook Point team to the end of our wedding, every... Read More detail was handled with care, professionalism, and wonderful style. We would absolutely recommend the Saybrook Point Inn to anyone looking for a breathtaking, comfortable, and ideal location. There were several special requests that we made, and they accommodated every one of them with no difficulty. We will certainly return to host other events in the future, or just for a wonderful dinner!

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Emily G

My husband and I were determined to have our wedding by the water as we both love the beach. The Saybrook Point Inn is an oasis away from home. Our guests felt like they were on vacation at this venue. From the beauty of the marina setting, to the charming rooms as well as the... Read More outdoor pool overlooking the marina. The staff were all first rate professionals,Sara, Valerie and Donna showed us nothing but top notch service. From our first tour, through the tasting, and finally on our amazing wedding day everyone was extremely helpful fulfilling our needs and calming our nerves. They designed a beautiful ballroom. Everything they did was absolutely perfect! There was a personal waitress for us all night. All of our guests raved about the delicious food. Everything went so smoothly and my husband and I were able to take it all in and truly ENJOY it! For a romantic nautical wedding Saybook Point Inn is the best 💗

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Stacey B

I was never the type of girl to dream my whole life about what I wanted my wedding day to be like. However, it's a good thing I didn't waste the time dreaming because Saybrook Inn made our day more special than anything I could have possibly dreamt up in my mind. From the... Read More very first person who greeted us at the door to the final person that checked us out and every spa staff, bellman, security guard, housekeeper, wait staff, and bartender in between, every single person was wonderful to work with! We are still getting compliments on how insanely spectacular the entire weekend was and are so thankful to all! The entire staff of coordinators know how to handle any situation that you could possibly expect to go wrong and on top of that, they have solutions for issues you never would have thought would arise. I won't go into detail but..allergic reaction to starch in a shirt from none other than THE FATHER OF THE BRIDE. A situation that could have been catastrophic, and it was handled so professionally that I didn't even know it was happening! We are eternally grateful to the entire team. If you are looking for a place to get married, look absolutely no further than the Saybrook Point Inn.

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Nicole C

AMAZING! The team here was incredible, and couldn't have worked with more professional, kind & truly genuine people during the biggest day of our lives. We would HIGHLY recommend Saybrook not only for the beautiful views/venue, but for the incredibly hard working and thorough... Read More staff!

Reviewed on 8/14/2016 Marissa R

Saybrook Point Inn is the perfect venue for your wedding! Our wedding was nothing short of spectacular and the staff at the Inn is beyond accommodating throughout the entire process! I would recommend inquiring about the venue about 1 year to 1.5 years in advance for your date.... Read More This is around when your planning with Saybrook Point Inn will begin! They have such an excellent staff, Sarah, Ellen and Valerie are there to help in every step of the process--no question is too small to ask them! Most of our family and friends stayed at the hotel as well which is very convenient and such a great way to make the weekend even more special. On the day of the wedding, Donna (banquet manager) was so beyond helpful, checking in on us hours before the ceremony, to make sure we were on track and feeling okay. Our ceremony was also at the Inn and it was so beautiful at their new ceremony location, Compass Rose. I would definitely recommend this spot if your ceremony is going to be outside there. The reception was just gorgeous and the food was unbelievable! We had so many wonderful compliments from our family and friends that ranged from the cocktail hour, the wonderfulness of each staff member, the beauty of the scenery both inside and outside, and the overall elegance of the entire night. This all would not have been possible without the staff of Saybrook Point Inn and their dedication to making our wedding day and night, one that we will remember forever! Thank you Saybrook Point Inn and I would recommend this venue for both ceremony and reception to anyone! Definitely put this venue on the top of your list or you will be sorry!!

Reviewed on 8/07/2016 Paulina B

Fantastic staff and venue! Sara, Donna, Jenn and Joe went above and beyond on our wedding day! We couldn't be happier!

Reviewed on 7/12/2016

Absolutely INCREDIBLE! I can't say enough positive things about my overall experience at Saybrook Point Inn. I'm seriously considering quitting my hectic NYC job and relocating to Saybrook if the Inn is hiring. Just kidding. It'll maybe be my back up retirement plan though.... Read More Anyway, from the moment my husband and I stepped foot in the lobby, we knew we had found our venue. The beautiful decor, breathtaking views and intimate/warm feel were amazing. The staff was wonderful, helpful and extremely accommodating. John, Donna, Sara, Valerie and the rest of the staff made us feel like family from the beginning. They were such professionals and understood exactly what we were looking for on our special weekend. They were helpful, attentive, communicative and just all the words that mean wonderful. We also rented out the properties across the street (Tall Tales & Three Stories) which gave our wedding weekend a more homey and warm feeling. I would absolutely recommend Saybrook Point Inn (as well as Three Stories & Tall Tales) to everyone and anyone. They also decorate the lobby beautifully for all the seasons so it's really a great venue whatever time of the year you visit! Also, the food is really good!

Amazing

Reviewed on 9/10/2015 kelly a

From the pre-wedding details to the ceremony and reception, the staff at Saybrook Point Inn did everything they could to create a perfect day for my groom, our guests and me. The location for our ceremony and cocktail hour was ideal for us...overlooking a marina with a... Read More lighthouse in the backdrop in a quaint New England town. As for the reception, that too left nothing to be desired. The banquet room was elegant and the food was incredible. (I only wish I had a second to eat a bit more of it!)

Reviewed on 9/10/2015 kimberly m

This venue is absolutely the best all around! The venue itself is gorgeous, any season. The hotel rooms are beautiful, but the thing that really made Saybrook Point stand out as a great wedding venue was their staff! I cannot say enough. they made us feel like we were all that... Read More mattered, they catered to our every need (and even sewed my fathers pants back together when they split, hehe). Everything went off without a hitch because of them! My husband and i were so pleased with them.

Reviewed on 8/03/2015 Kerrianne D

Every part of our planning process up until our actual wedding day was perfect. Sara and Ellen, the wedding planners, are both so organized, they help you to plan every aspect of your day. It takes away so much of your stress. The entire staff is just incredible, so helpful... Read More and kind. They want everyone who enters the building to have a great experience. We had our reception and cocktail hour outside, everything worked out perfect and looked beautiful. The reception room was also decorated so beautifully. It's a great size, too, everyone has enough room but the space feels so intimate. Oh, and of course, the food was amazing!

*Best Wedding Venue*

Reviewed on 7/14/2015 Rosemary G

We were married at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa on 4-25-15. It was the best day of our lives and we have the staff at SPI to thank for that! Every encounter my husband and I had at SPI leading up to our special day included top notch service. Sara, Ellen, and Donna were a dream to... Read More work with! They went above and beyond to ensure every tiny detail was taken care of. Because of their dedication to their work, our wedding day was perfect. Every staff member at SPI made sure our families were taken care of before, during, and after the event. If you want a worry-free, BEAUTIFUL venue to get married at, then Saybrook Point Inn and Spa is the place to be! My husband and I look forward to returning to SPI for each anniversary to relive the amazing time we had there on our wedding day! THANK YOU SPI!!

Reviewed on 6/15/2015 Laura G

My husband and I had our reception here on June 13, 2015. I can't say enough positive things about SPI. They are truly the best at what they do! The venue was absolutely beautiful. The staff was SO helpful from the first day we walked in to when we left. They handled everything... Read More soup to nuts flawlessly. Meg, one of the coordinators who stepped in to help us, was an absolute gem. Donna, our day of coordinator, was just awesome. She was by our side helping with everything, alongside Ruby, our dedicated server. Ruby was seriously AWESOME. He was all over it, making sure we had everything we needed at all times. The food was great, cocktail hour was just beautiful. We stayed at the Lighthouse Suite the night of our wedding which was worth every penny. Walking down the docks to our room at the end of the night was priceless and so special. All of our guests loved their rooms - it was great having the majority of people staying on site without having to worry about driving and being able to stay in such great, spacious accommodations. Breakfast the next morning was also great for everyone. I truly can't recommend SPI enough - I left the next day in tears thinking about how perfect our day was - it was worth every penny. Thank you again to everyone at SPI!

Best Wedding Ever!

Reviewed on 12/12/2014 Lesley Q

One of the best decisions I made in my life (besides marrying Jason M., of course) was to have my wedding ceremony and reception at the Saybrook Point Inn (SPI). They really made the most important day of my life the best day of my life. From the tour of the inn to the time... Read More after the wedding, SPI was always so welcoming and accommodating to all of my questions and requests. The staff was some of the most professionals I have ever met. Sara Sheiffele, the wedding coordinator at SPI, was the best! She was very experienced and hard working while being down-to-earth. She always answered my questions quickly, thoroughly, and honestly, which made my wedding planning experience relatively stress free. Donna, who oversaw the wedding day, was so warm and organized, which calmed my pre-wedding jitters. Joe, my wedding "butler", got me everything I wanted during the reception. My wedding guests complimented on how friendly and attentive the staff was at the reception. And they loved Rory the bartender. What made SPI stand out from other local venues was that it could be a one-stop shop if you wanted it to be. One could have the ceremony, reception, and the post -wedding breakfast, which I had all three. I got a room for the day to get ready, but SPI will give the married couple a room for the night of the wedding. The rooms were clean and spacious with spectacular views! Wedding guests got a discount for their stay, but they were also many local hotels/motels for guests on a budget. There was also Fresh Salt bar, which opened until one a.m., available for after dinner drinks! Food was freakin' fantastic! I had the beef tenderloin with the truffle au jus and it was the best piece of beef I've ever had! From the appetizers to the cake, guests thoroughly enjoyed their meals and were full! Jason and I had the opportunity to go to a tasting so we were able to sample their food before selecting the menu. SPI was not cheap, but you got so much more in service and quality than the other venues I had looked into. Since there was a discount per person during the mid-peak (November, December, April), we decided to have our wedding on November 8, 2014 instead of late September or early October. There was even a bigger discount for off-peak (January, February, March). At least with SPI, they were cut and dry about how much you pay and what you got. Never did they hit us with an unexpected fee. The contract was clear (unlike the wishy-washy one from the now defunct Jordan Caterers at Guilford Yacht Club) and pretty much the wedding package was an all-inclusive deal, which saved us money and time from bartering with different vendors. Most importantly, we were treated like royalty. Even though it has been a month since my wedding, I'm still getting compliments on the event, many coming from guests with very particular tastes! When people say that your SPI wedding was the best wedding ever, then it is recommended that you look into SPI for your next life celebration event! Thank you, SPI!

Perfect Wedding Venue!

Reviewed on 12/07/2014 Jess M

Having our wedding at Saybrook Point Inn was the best decision we made for our wedding. Yes, it is expensive, but you get way more than you pay for in terms of the quality and service you receive. Our families were blown away at how attentive and professional the entire SPI... Read More staff was, and it truly made our day special. During the entire day of the wedding we did not have to think about one thing when it came to the logistics, the entire staff took care of us and made it so we could actually enjoy ourselves and our guests. Sara was amazing from the first time we met her. She was very patient with all of our questions and was very responsive, especially in the coming weeks/days before the wedding. I couldn't have asked for anyone better to help plan our wedding! The day of, Donna really took care of us with all the details and was so friendly! She was even there the following day at our breakfast and took care of everything there. The location is great, the food is wonderful and the staff is amazing - I couldn't have asked for anything more from our venue! I highly, highly recommend them!

Fantastic!

Reviewed on 11/03/2014 Melissa F

Everything was wonderful! The staff were friendly and very accommodating to all of our guests. The food was delicious and the venue was stunning!

Incredible from start to finish!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Jeannie D

Was just married at Saybrook Point this month and we could not have been happier. Everything about the day was incredible. Our guests had nothing but rave reviews. We would recommend this venue to anyone. The food is fabulous, the staff amazing, and the setting is perfect.

New England Charm & Elegance at its Best!

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Lauren C

From the moment we stepped onto the Saybrook Point Inn's property we knew this was the wedding venue for us. Beyond it's New England charm and incredible views of the water and marina, the venue had so much to offer. We arranged a tour of the site one morning on a whim. Boy,... Read More were we thankful for that "whim"! We were warmly welcomed and accommodated by every staff member on site from the moment we walked through the door even before we made it official. The venue is family-owned so we experienced outstanding, personal service throughout our planning process. We never felt like "just another client". We specifically worked with Ken, Ellen, and Donna on the sales and banquet teams who were all absolutely marvelous. Ken was incredibly accommodating with our needs and made sure everything in our contract was clear, understood, and to our liking. Ellen took it from there and was with us every step of the way planning our special day. Always prompt to respond, she answered every question no matter how small and constantly offered solutions and enthusiasm for every idea and detail. Donna, our banquet manager, made sure the day-of went along without a hitch. We interacted with her occasionally throughout our 9-months of planning and she always greeted us with a hug and huge smile. I cannot say enough good things about the staff. As a former corporate event planner, I have worked with many planners but this team is top-notch, seasoned, and dedicated! They make you feel like you're planning your wedding with your friends, not hired professionals. Our wedding took place on a Friday in early October. We were fortunate to have beautiful weather that day so we had the ceremony on their back patio overlooking the marina. Cocktail hour followed also on the patio and the reception in the ballroom. We always had indoor backup locations for the ceremony and cocktail hour because the SPI only hosts one event at a time. We really liked this because we never felt like we were vying for the attention of the staff. The exact opposite actually! The staff checked-in with us even when we weren't reaching out to them to see how everything was going and how they could help. The day of the wedding could not have run any smoother. Everything from the complimentary shuttle that brought our guests from another local hotel to the SPI for the ceremony and reception, to the banquet team making sure the wedding party got plenty of food and drink during cocktail, and finally to Donna making sure we were able to enjoy our meals at the reception amidst greeting all our guests. As if they hadn't done enough, they even surprised us with champagne in our room and complimentary SPI glasses for us to take home at the end of the evening. And we must mention the food. Oh the food! We kept hearing about how great the food was from previous reviews. Well, let us just say - it's true! We attended a group tasting (think "attending a pretend wedding with all the venue's preferred vendors") and the food presented was good. We were happy with it but wouldn't give it it's own paragraph in our review. But on the day of the wedding, the food was INCREDIBLE. Our guests raved about each and every course and the service that went along with it. We truly cannot imagine having had our wedding anywhere else. The entire process was stress-free and fun! We cannot wait to go back to the SPI to celebrate our future anniversaries. It will always have a dear place in our heart.