Saz's Catering

Our goal is to simplify entertaining while assuring the complete success of event and menu planning. Saz's experienced staff will ensure success in uncompromising quality and attention to every detail. From casual social events to black tie formal, we will exceed your expectations.

Cuisine

American, Chinese, French, Greek, Indian, Italian, Latin American, Mexican, Middle Eastern, BBQ, Fusion, Seafood, Specialty, Thai

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian

Buffet, Chef Stations, Family Style, Menu Tastings, Passed Appetizers, Seated Meal, Servers, Food + Catering, Service Staff

201 W Walker St, Milwaukee, WI (414) 256-8765

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Crystal W

Saz's was our first pick for catering at our wedding. There food was delicious- so delicious my family is STILL talking about it days after the wedding. Thank you so much Saz's for making our day that much more memorable-even if it was just food. I would recommend Saz's to... Read More anyone planning a wedding! Michelle was on top of her game, and available any time I needed her. We thank you!

Reviewed on 1/14/2017 Jessica G

I cannot say enough good things about Saz's! From the planning to the wedding day it was simple and worry free. Michelle was absolutely incredible to work with; she was professional, responsive and helpful! She worked with us to create a wedding day timeline and then faithfully... Read More stuck to that schedule the night of the wedding. She was also very accommodating of some of our special dietary requests. The food at our wedding was delicious and the waitstaff was extremely polite and attentive. I definitely recommend Saz's!

Reviewed on 1/12/2017 Katie D

We worked with Michelle and the Saz's team to create a menu for our reception that would leave people saying "man that was delicious" instead of "oh, did you have the chicken or beef?". The Saz's team NAILED IT. Their communication is swift and detailed and the entire process... Read More from initial inquiry email to packing up and leaving during the reception was perfect. The team the night of the wedding was fun, professional, and warm. They all made sure the bride and groom ate- they prepared a plate of appetizers and hid it behind the bar for us and also escorted us through the buffet first. And they did a great job of making sure everyone else was being fed in a timely and efficient manner. Just a delightful experience, I can't recommend them enough. There wasn't a single thing we needed to worry about when it came to our food that night.

Reviewed on 1/07/2017 Mary K

SO EASY TO WORK WITH!! AND SO GOOD!! We used Saz's (Western Lakes) for both our rehearsal dinner and wedding reception. Everything was so perfect and they helped with every single table detail. We made our own cookies for a dessert bar and they even helped us keep the bar... Read More stocked all night. They also have great discounts for off-season weddings! Would recommend them in a heartbeat to anyone.

2017-01-09T15:47:53 Response from the vendor

M&M - such a pleasure to work with you for both your rehearsal dinner and wedding! It was truly a stunning reception and you both were incredible to work with! Thanks so much for choosing us to be part of your big day! -Chris &... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Emily H

This is not your typical wedding food... it's not even your typical restaurant food. This was some of the best food that our guests had ever had! Starting with the tastings, we left stuffed and loved each dish more than the next. They even custom created a clam chowder for our... Read More soup course to honor my Connecticut roots! The day of the wedding, not a single person went hungry. There was more food than we knew what to do with! We were a bit hesitant about a buffet since they are a hit or miss at weddings. We were assured that we would not be disappointed, and disappointment was the furthest thing from our minds! Everything was cooked perfectly, was hot, and each table was able to eat at the same time. The buffet moved quickly and efficiently and there was plenty of food for everyone to get there fill on every item, with even some people going back for seconds! Saz's also provided top notch service. Even though we chose buffet, they had personal wait staff to hand serve a few tables that seated the elderly guests! People to this day cannot stop talking about how amazing the food was and how there was something for everyone! One of the best decisions we made was choosing Saz's for our wedding.

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Megan G

I honestly can't say enough good things about our experience with Saz's from the planning stages all the way up to our wedding! Michelle was a dream to work with! She always emailed me back promptly answering any and all questions I had and sat down with us to figure out our... Read More options for dinner and even helped us figure out the timeline for our evening, which was a huge help as a first time bride! The food at our wedding was amazing and our guests were still raving about it the next day. I was so so impressed with the quality of service by the waitstaff; everyone was extremely polite and attentive; the on site manager during our wedding, Jim, even offered to carry my plate for me! Both my husband's and my own parents commented on how impressed they were with the entire staff as well, especially the ones who stayed towards the end and helped clean up. I definitely recommend Saz's to anyone who needs a great caterer for their event!

Reviewed on 11/25/2016 Ellen P

SO GOOD!!!! Saz's was amazing from start to finish, Michelle was so prompt with response and really didn't miss a beat! We were looking for great food, at an affordable price that would wow our guests and we got it ! Our meal was served family style and it just added a personal... Read More touch, the guests were interacting and helping themselves to as much or as little, without having to get out of their seats (vs a buffet). The apps were also a huge hit, wisconsin style is the way to go, cheese curds and sausage! You can't go wrong with Saz's!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Kate H

You know how it seems that the food at weddings tends to be so-so? (Who really goes to a wedding for the food?) Well, NOT with Saz's. The buffet that Saz's served at our daughter's wedding was the most amazing food that we or any of our family, friends and guests have ever... Read More eaten at a wedding. The raves were non- stop as people feasted on beef shortribs that were rich, meaty and so tender that the meat practically floated on the plate. Salads were fresh and flavorful. The tri colored carrots and potatoes were a culinary and visual feast. The Bourbon and maple mashed sweet potatoes were to die for!!! I could go on and on but suffice it to say that no one went hungry and everyone savored every bite. The staff was also extremely professional and very competent. We had a buffet and it moved quickly and proficiently so that everyone was eating at the same time – no table was left waiting for their turn having to wait and watch others eat. We were even able to arrange table service for two tables that had elderly family members – first class service! It was a joy to work with the people at Saz’s. They arranged an excellent tasting, helped with deciding on menus and amounts, and even went above and beyond by creating an extremely fabulous New England Clam Chowder as a special dish for our Connecticut-born bride. We highly recommend Saz’s – they will make your special day even more fabulous!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Geda M

Michelle and the Saz’s staff did an amazing job for our wedding.  Our guests continue to rave about the food and each one has a different favorite.  We decided on food stations for our wedding so that we could offer different options and have people mingle.  The carving station... Read More was great with several options for accoutrements to top the meet, each one of them better than the next.  The made to order risotto station was a fun, interactive and absolutely delicious.  Several of our guest made 2 trips to try different toppings.  As our wedding was on a Friday, Saz’s even accommodated our request to have a traditional fish fry station.  The fish and fries stayed hot and crispy because the staff continuously replenished the station.  This was truly food theater with a unique flare. Thank you to Saz’s for being such an important part our wedding.  Next time we need a caterer, you will be the only ones we call.

2016-10-13T10:07:32 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for this amazing review! It was our pleasure to accommodate such a fun menu and group of people. Congratulations! -Michelle

Reviewed on 9/19/2016

We used Saz's catering for our outdoor wedding this past weekend (9/16/16) and could not have been more pleased with them! We worked with Katie Hoffman throughout the whole process and she was amazing! She was friendly and very quick to respond to any questions we had.... Read More Katie and her crew also worked our event and really made our day stress free! Not only did we receive glowing reviews about her and her crew, but the food was amazing as well!!! I was told by several guests how friendly they were and so attentive to picking up empty plates etc. At one point Katie even made up a plate of food for our musician who didn't have time for a break - she also helped with setting out our own desserts so I didn't have to. To go above and beyond like that is nothing short of spectacular!!!! Hands down will recommend them in the future to anyone needing catering services!!!!!!

Reviewed on 8/26/2016 Ashley S

We hired Saz's catering for our wedding in July, and boy it was the best decision I've ever made! The food was PHENOMENAL! After our tasting I knew I made the right choice, and knew everyone at our wedding would enjoy it... I was completely right. That night people couldn't... Read More stop ranting and raving on how amazing the food was. In fact, I'm STILL getting people telling me how great the food was and where they can find more of it!! (I wish everyday for a plate of BBQ beans and coleslaw from them!) Since my Husband and I live in Colorado and were planning our Milwaukee wedding from a far Michelle was so great with helping us plan everything we needed. She was great with working around our schedule and made sure we were able to meet while I was in town. I couldn't be more happy with our choice of catering, they far exceeded our expectations!!! I would hire them again for any other catering needs with no hesitation.

2016-10-13T10:08:52 Response from the vendor

We couldn't be more happy that you chose us to cater your wedding! You were such a pleasure to work with and we are so happy your guests raved about the food. After all, it is #thefinest! -Michelle

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 Kristin V

Our experience with Saz's could not have gone better! Michelle was an extreme pleasure to work with, always providing prompt and clear answers to our questions and always more than willing to accommodate our requests. We live out of state and had no problems communicating via... Read More phone and email to make sure everything was delicious and exactly what we wanted. We were able to personalize our plated dinners to reflect both of our tastes and favorite dishes. The presentation of the dishes was impressive and the staff and servers were extremely hospitable. We received so many compliments after dinner about how delicious the food was!

2016-10-13T10:09:38 Response from the vendor

It was our pleasure to make this experience as stress free as possible! Thank you so much for choosing us, and once again, congratulations! -Michelle

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Allison L

My husband and I worked with Michelle and she was absolutely wonderful! She was extremely accommodating to our needs as wells as our guests' needs. The hors d'oeuvres, dinner, and late night food was so delicious and served in such a professional, yet fun, manner. Our guests... Read More continue to rave about the food because it wasn't your "typical wedding food." We are so thankful for everyone at Saz's who made our wedding day go smoothly and be the most perfect day!

2016-08-22T15:29:06 Response from the vendor

Seriously, who doesn't love Saz's ribs!! I'm so glad you enjoyed the food and the evening. It was such a pleasure working with you, Allison. Wishing you much love and happiness! -Michelle

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Sarah R

My husband and I have a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone at Saz's who helped make our wedding possible!! Our wedding ceremony and reception were absolutely beautiful, and Saz's catering services far surpassed our expectations! The food was incredible, and the room looked... Read More beautiful!! We're still getting compliments about the food and ambiance! Thank you, Saz's, for being so professional and helpful throughout the planning process! It was the best day of our lives (so far), and a huge reason for that was working with you! :D We highly recommend Saz's to our family and friends.

Reviewed on 6/28/2016

Saz's was absolutely perfect! Not only are they completely organized and professional, but they do extra little things like meeting the wedding party with hors d'oeuvres as we walked over to the greeting line area. I didn't think we would even have time to get hors d'oeuvres so... Read More that was great! They are all very nice even the wait staff. One of the wait staff even carried my food through the buffet and to the table so I didn't get it on my white dress! They moved our wedding cake and table outside to do the cutting and then brought it back in and cut it up for everyone too. The food was absolutely amazing and everyone kept asking us who catered. The price was very reasonable and worth every penny because it is so delicious. Without them I don't think the wedding would have been as sooth as it went. Thank you so much Saz's you made my wedding just perfect! And a big thanks to Michelle, you were great to work with and didn't get annoyed with all my phone calls and disorganization!

2016-06-29T11:24:29 Response from the vendor

You are very welcome, and thank you so much for sharing your wonderful experience! It was our pleasure! -Michelle

Reviewed on 6/22/2016 Jenna F

Katie was so accommodating and welcoming. They made a specific menu for us and it was delicious. The day of presentation and staff were polite, professional and very well organized.

2016-06-27T10:56:22 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the wonderful review. We always enjoy creating custom menus. Thank you. Katie

Reviewed on 6/14/2016 Tara I

I've always heard that the most important thing at a wedding that everyone will remember is the food. Well, Saz's certainly delivered. Not only was Michelle willing to work with me on not one, not two, but about 8 menu and budgeting changes but the food and the staff on our... Read More wedding day were incredible. Plates were never empty but always being refilled with fantastic family-style options by the staff and they were incredibly friendly and accommodating all evening. They were even willing to keep serving my 4 year old nephew at different tables as he bounced around from his parents and two sets of grandparents at different tables. Michelle put together an incredible menu that met our specifications and people will certainly be talking about the food for a long long time, including myself. My husband requested that we book Saz's because of his Packer fan-ship but I will forever recommend them for their professionalism, attention to detail and quality food.

2016-06-23T10:13:49 Response from the vendor

Tara, Thank you so much for your review! It was a pleasure working with you both. Best of luck to you and John! -Michelle

Reviewed on 4/20/2016 Amy O

We had Saz's cater our wedding last weekend and I could not have been more impressed. We even had a picky family member say they truly enjoyed the meal. I could not get enough of the chicken with vodka sauce or the appetizers. Make sure you get a chance to really take some time... Read More and eat at your wedding, I wish I had eaten more. Michelle was a pleasure to work with and even gave me the idea of going to the dollar store and making our own table numbers. As you can see I am very thankful for Saz's!

2016-06-23T10:12:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words! It was a pleasure working with you both and we are so glad it was a huge success. Wishing you many years of happiness! -Michelle

Reviewed on 12/31/2015 Adam H

Saz's was our wedding caterer and did an excellent job! They far exceeded our expectations. The food was delicious (guests could not say enough good things about the food), the staff was professional and friendly, and everything was on time. Throughout the entire planning... Read More process, all correspondence and questions were answered in a very timely manner and the staff was very willing to work with our schedule and availability. We highly recommend Saz's Catering for any event!

Reviewed on 11/06/2015 Mandy T

My husband and I cannot thank Saz's and their staff enough for the great service we received on our wedding day. It truly felt like we were getting white glove service throughout the evening. The food was delicious and the presentation was beautiful. We had brought in our own... Read More pies back from where we are from and Saz's was flexible and made our pie station work well for our guests. Their event coordinator answered all of our questions promptly and was so easy to work with.

2015-11-09T10:37:12 Response from the vendor

Thank you Mandy for your kind words; it was our pleasure to serve you and help create the perfect wedding day! I wish you and Andrew many, many happy years together! -Michelle

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

Ok, so you expect the food at a wedding to be good, probably not memorable. But, 3 months after my daughter's wedding, our guests are still raving about the food prepared by Saz's Catering! It was amazing! Not only were they a joy to work with (Michelle, you're the best), but... Read More they knew how to deliver! The wedding was in a tent on our fish farm in Bristol. We served family style, having to accommodate multiple vegetarians, & they also agreed to prepare our fish! I also liked the fact that we could do the bar ourselves - it saved a nice amount of money. Not to mention that their outdoor kitchen was also in a tent and they had to battle tornado warnings, wind, rain & mud. Can't thank them enough! So much so that daughter #2 is getting married in September & it was a no-brainer to sign them up again. You can't go wrong with Saz's!

2015-10-27T14:58:36 Response from the vendor

Nina, I must say this is (and always will be) the most memorable wedding I have ever worked. Even though there were challenges with Mother Nature, I could not have been more pleased with how everything turned out. Your family was so much fun to... Read Less Read More

Delicious

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Jeannine J

The food was wonderful. Many compliments. Very helpful the day of the wedding. The tables were beautiful and the setup was fast. Would definitely recommend .

2015-10-27T10:11:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind review! We are so happy everyone enjoyed themselves and the wonderful food. Wishing you many, many years of happiness. - Michelle

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Kendra

Sazs, specifically Katie was amazing to work with from the food tasting to the day of the event. The food was fantastic and the service was outstanding. I'm still (two weeks after the wedding) receiving compliments on how great the food tasted and the presentation was beautiful.... Read More I highly recommend using Saz's Catering, you won't regret it!

2015-10-23T15:46:50 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words. It was great to work with you as well. I am so happy that we were able to give you outstanding food and service! ~Katie

Excellent Wedding Food

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Sarah G

Saz's did a great job catering our wedding. We opted for a plated dinner and were able to combine items from their special fall menu with their traditional wedding menu. We got comments from many of our guests that this was the best food that they've ever had at a wedding. Lucky... Read More for us, my husband and I actually had time to eat! The meat was cooked perfectly (I've been to so many weddings where the meat was dry) and the flavors were excellent. I'd also highly recommend adding a late-night snack bar; our guests loved it! Katie was delightful to work with and very easy to get in touch with. The place settings in combination with our table linens made our reception look beautiful.

2015-10-23T08:54:30 Response from the vendor

It was wonderful working with you, as well. I'm so glad you were so happy with your food and service! We always enjoy creating new menus for our clients, as well as helping to create just the look you had in mind. Cheers to you... Read Less Read More

Buffet Wedding Menu

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Erin J

We cannot thank Mike and his team at Saz's for doing a fabulous job with our buffet menu/service for our wedding. Mike and his team were very helpful, responsive and accommodating to our style and our guests needs in regards to allergies, etc. During the planning stage of our... Read More wedding we had a lot of questions and were trying to decide on menu options and Mike was very patient with us and very genuine in his guidance along the way. The food at Saz's is always amazing, and the wedding menu did not disappoint. Our guests really enjoyed the food and are still talking about it! Working with Mike and his team was great and we are so happy with how everything turned out!!

2015-10-23T08:52:29 Response from the vendor

It was great to work with you, Erin! You were a pleasure. I'm happy to hear your guests were so satisfied - best wishes to you and Michael in the future!- Mike