Couture and Custom Designer Bridal Studio

Designer Bridal Couture and Custom Gowns, Bridal Suits & Accessories made to order from sketch to hand-finish in our Providence, RI workroom. Major Bridal Alterations and Vintage Re-making Specialists. Please see our Website for more info and to Contact Us! Services and address By Appointment.

Type

Alterations, Bridesmaids, Custom Gowns, Flower Girls, Mothers Fashions, Other Attire & Accessories, Wedding Gowns

Harper is a wedding dress goddess!

Reviewed on 9/22/2014 Emma W

I wanted desperately to wear my grandmother's (and mother's, and aunt's) wedding dress for my wedding day. Unfortunately, my swimmer's shoulders were never going to fit in my petite family's gown. I also wanted an updated look that would fit with my style AND I wanted to keep the original dress intact for future generations. Needless to say, I thought I was out-of-luck. Harper, however, thought differently. Using the skirt (which could easily be resewn back onto the orginal bodice), she created a masterpiece of a modern dress that honored the women of my family. It had subtle nods to my Irish heritage, looked completely unique but still classically beautiful. Top it off with a perfectly tailored fit and I was a very happy bride. Harper was also totally open to changing parts of the design as we went. The best part is that, although the updated dress looked nothing like the original, it can easily be put back to its original state with a single seam!! The price was less than most people spend on a new dress...PERFECT!

11/02/2014 Response from the vendor

Your gown was such a great design puzzle to build! See, there's a solution to everything and I am honored to be part of it and your family heirloom tradition. xo

The best dress experience

Reviewed on 11/07/2012 Angela B

I knew from the get-go that I wanted a wedding dress that was outside the box. I heard about Seams from a friend who had had her dress made by Harper. I didn't even bother looking any place else before making my first appointment. It was the best decision. Harper is amazing. We sat down at that first appointment and came up with my dream dress. I picked the fabrics that I wanted and had a say in every step of the process. The result was fantastic and everyone commented that my dress looked great. It fit like a glove and was actually comfortable to have on for 6+ hours. Harper also went above and beyond making a matching tie and pocket square for my husband and making a beautiful color sketch as a keepsake. I could not have gotten this dress at any store and it was a great value for the quality of materials and workmanship.

Perfect wedding suit

Reviewed on 11/07/2012 Jessica R

Harper designed and made my wedding suit. It's hard to get a woman's suit to look just right, and I had a few quirks to add to it, but she just took it all in stride and produced an amazing result. It was perfect. She also did some finishing work on my wife's gown, which we got from a bridal shop, to make our outfits match. We were very happy with the result.

dress dreams CAN come true!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

Harper at Seams Couture made my wedding dress dreams come true! I had such a special experience working with Harper. She was so patient and creative, and she was able to bring my dress vision to life- even better than my vision actually. Harper is so easy to work with, and her work is TOP quality. My dress fit like a dream! I was so pleased with the final product, and the process of having a couture dess made is unforgettable... not to mention fun!

11/02/2014 Response from the vendor

You are very welcome Knottie 12733479! Send me an email so I know who you are and I'll send you the special Etsy Shop discount code :)

Bridal Gown

Reviewed on 9/22/2014 Lara R

I was referred by a friend for my gown alterations and I am so glad that I went with her recommendation! The gown needed some real pinning and tucking around the bodice and when I went in for my fitting it fit like a glove. Harper was easy to contact and everything was fast and professional. Thank you so much Harper!!

Perfection!

Reviewed on 8/11/2014 Sarah H

I bought my dress in New York City, but didn't want to have to commute back and forth from Providence for each fitting. I looked everywhere for a tailor I could trust with my wedding dress, but never felt comfortable with anyone. My wedding make up artist recommended Harper and when I met her I knew she was the person who could help me make my dress perfect. She is so detail-oriented and professional. She explained everything she was altering on the dress and what it meant and allowed us to take our time at our appointments. My mother-in-law ended up taking her dress to Harper too! I felt absolutely beautiful on my wedding day. Highly recommend.

Harper is a gem; Providence is so lucky to have her!

Reviewed on 8/10/2014 Joanna K

Harper is a consummate professional. I came to her because I figured, surely if she can make custom wedding dresses for others from scratch, she can do my alterations and make a custom sash for my dress. I was not disappointed. My dress fit like a glove and the custom sash was amazing. Not only that -- Harper helped me turn what began as a vague idea about the sash into a concrete idea and then a reality. Furthermore, while my bridal salon would have had me wear a bulky giant bra under my dress (making me look bigger!), Harper sewed in bust cups and with her alterations the dress fit *so much better* than it had in the store. She knew exactly the designer of my dress and what she had to do to make it perfect. Harper is a gem and Providence is so lucky to have her. She is really dedicated to your dress fitting exactly right -- and with wedding gowns, fit can be a very delicate thing. All that, and her price was very reasonable. I can not recommend her highly enough.

Great pick for alternations

Reviewed on 11/07/2012 Stephanie R

Harper did the alterations on my wedding gown. We called her after my bridal shop informed me that they couldn't do the alterations for me, and she squeezed us in! She did an amazing job on my dress. She replaced the zipper and did a few other additional things that we didn't ask her to do. She has a set price for the dress alterations and while it was a little pricey, it was worth it! I was at ease with her and knew she was going to do a flawless job. I would use recommend Harper to any of my friends!

Awesome!

Reviewed on 11/03/2011 Olga K

Harper created a beautiful ivory lace bolero jacket which I wore over a store-bought ivory wedding gown. It was gorgeous! She also made a raspberry colored sash which I wore to the reception (I removed the lace jacket). Harper listened to my ideas (and made several changes when I asked), was very easy to work with, and is generally fun and creative. She really did a fantastic job. I got tons of compliments on both items. She also made my sister-in-law's entire wedding gown (my sister-in-law recommended Harper to me). She's great, I would highly recommend her work. I wish I could attach a picture of the pieces!

11/04/2011 Response from Harper, the member

Thank You Lisa! You were a joy to work with and so was Lisa. I'll attach your pictures to our blog soon :)

Custom dress

Reviewed on 7/12/2011 Laura H

Great assistance with coming up with a design. End result was lovely. On the downside, could have used a bit more of a flexible approach in executing the design.

Review for Seams

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Christine G

I had my dress custom designed and made by Harper Della-Pina of Seams. She is a professional coutier and did a phenomenal job at an amazing price. My dress would have easilty cost 3x the amount in another salon. Best thing - didn't have to pay for alterations because it was custom made and it was made in the USA...not in China like all of the other dresses you notmally order.

7/01/2010 Response from Harper, the member

Wow! While this is a great Review, I hope some people dont' get the idea that SEAMS is CHEAP like some discount store because our gowns begin at $1500.! That is Cheap for Handmade Made to Measure Couture however. Our gowns average in the $2000-3000.... Read Less Read More

TO Seams Couture