Couture and Custom Designer Bridal Studio

Designer Bridal Couture and Custom Gowns, Bridal Suits & Accessories made to order from sketch to hand-finish in our Providence, RI workroom. Major Bridal Alterations and Vintage Re-making Specialists. Please see our Website for more info and to Contact Us! *We can only make Appointments thru the Seams Couture website and not here on The Knot, who does not notify us of messages in here! ;) Services and address By Appointment www.seamscouture.com/contactus Thanks!

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Custom Designs, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Plus Size Available, Private Appointments Available, Fashion

Providence, RI

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Lily D

Harper is God's gift to wedding dresses. She's creative and kind and a joy to work with. My mother and I were truly sad that the experience was over because we enjoyed getting to know Harper through this process. We took my mother's 1989 Priscilla's of Boston lace and silk gown... Read More and made it into a vintage twirling dress for me! I was not optimistic that we'd be able to change it as much as we did but Harper had visions and with my very specific taste, we were able to make a memorable gown. I loved dancing in it all night long and received so many compliments on it. Not just because it looked gorgeous but because family members could still see my mom's dress in mine. She event sewed in my dog's initial on the inside of my dress because he was so special to me. Harper was patient and very attentive. She even helped us to use my grandmother's lace veil to complete the look. You are in WONDERFUL hands with Harper and I wouldn't go anywhere else with my precious heirloom clothes, especially for a big day like your wedding.

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Lindsey M

Both my wife and I used Seams Couture for our spring wedding. My wife had a dress custom-made from her mother's vintage gown - Harper completely transformed the early '80s nightmare into something completely unique and perfectly suited to my wife's style. Knowing how happy she... Read More was with Harper's work, I brought my David's Bridal dress to Seams Couture for some much-needed improvements. Harper not only altered the gown to better fit me, but also added sleeves with hand-stitched flowers that perfectly matched my dress's fabric to create a one-of-a-kind customization. I would recommend Seams Couture in a heartbeat - whether for alterations to an existing or a custom design. Harper's skill, creativity and attention to detail is unmatched!

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Sara J

Seams Couture came to my rescue when Alfred Angelo went out of business. She took a generic wedding gown I found fast and cheap and made it personal and beautiful! And in record time! Thanks to Seams Couture, I felt beautiful in a dress that wasn't my first choice but maybe... Read More should have been! A miracle worker!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Catherine L

Harper took a serious undertaking on when altering my bridal gown. I was mis-sized by 3 sizes by the bridal shop I had purchased it from and did not have time to exchange beofre my destination wedding. Not only did Harper make my vision come true, the dress fit better then I... Read More could have ever imagined, she was a life saver!!! She is a professional in every sense of the word, and her knowledge of the fashion/bridal industry is incomparable, not to mention I felt like every last detail I had mentioned was accounted for and then some. Harper is a god-send!!

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Amanda B

Harper was an absolute dream to work with from our very first consultation. I had a vague idea that my wedding dress had to be black and white with a bit more pizzazz than the dresses I had seen in salons. She helped me sift through my Pinterest board and made experienced... Read More suggestions while still encouraging and adapting to my overall vision. Harper is not only accommodating, communicative, and immensely creative -- she made the entire process comfortable and fun. And the end result was PERFECT! I'd recommend her in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Kelly C

I hired Harper to do the alterations for my wedding dress, and she did a fabulous job! She is clearly an expert at what she does, and I felt 100% confident leaving my dress in her hands. She did not have to do extensive alterations like some of the other work she does, but she... Read More still made sure to leave every detail perfect. I was thrilled at how my dress fit, and would definitely hire Harper again!

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Rebecca O

Unbelievable work!! I couldn’t be more pleased. To start, I was an unfortunate victim of Alford Angelo, lost my completely altered dress less than 2 months before my wedding day. I was lucky enough to find another dress but it needed not only alterations but also some sassy... Read More additions. Harper was able to completely transform my new dress into an amazing, gorgeous, totally original, one-of-a-kind badass dress!! I can’t even count how many compliments I got on my beautiful dress and I couldn’t be more pleased. The details are out of this world, she made my already stunning gown into a true work of art. Harper is a true God-send! Not only did she work with me on last minute ideas, she took them and made them even more fabulous than I could have ever imagined. If you want truly stunning detail and a look to die for, you must use Seams Couture!! Highly HIGHLY recommend!!!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Katie S

Working with Harper was lovely! She created my dream dress and everything came out perfectly. I did not want to take it off, I loved it so much! She is extremely organized and professional with great attention to detail. I would absolutely recommend Seams Couture to any Bride!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Caroline H

Harper was amazing from start to finish. She was happy to work with my busy schedule and made each appointment a joy to go to. Any issues I'd had with the fit of my dress, from weird boning in the bust area to way too long layers of chiffon, Harper fixed it all and made me look... Read More amazing on my wedding day. She was also so cool to talk to and had such great stories and facts about fashion and design that I'd never imagined. TL;DR, if you don't have all your wedding day dress design and alterations done by Harper at Seams, you're doing yourself a serious disservice!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Laura Faye P

Harper is a miracle-worker! I used her for my wedding dress alterations and could not have been happier. Her experience, confidence, and professionalism were apparent from day one and I felt very comfortable leaving my dress in her hands. By the third and final fitting, my dress... Read More fit like a glove and the whole process was smooth and straight-forward. I highly recommend Seams Couture!

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Laura P

Harper is a true professional, super talented and even better she is a local Providence lady. Would recommend her for alterations or for custom design work. She knows her stuff.

Reviewed on 6/23/2016 holly a

Harper is a creative and talented seamstress. She did an excellent job with my wedding dress alterations. She is very professional and took excellent care of my dress and made sure it fit me perfectly.

Reviewed on 6/22/2016

Harper did such a fantastic job altering my wedding gown -- it fit like a glove! She was always prompt when responding to questions, and very flexible making appointments. I would HIGHLY recommend!!

Best of the BEST!

Reviewed on 12/12/2015 Brianne F

My mother-in-law had known Harper from my sister-in-law's wedding. She was wonderful working with Katie and doing all of her fabulous wedding dress alterations. For my dress, I wanted to wear my husband's grandnother's wedding gown from 1938. The dress was a beautifully antiqued... Read More yellow/ivory lace gown but had some damage in small places from the 80+ years of being stored without preservation. Harper transformed this elegant gown to something I would have never found in a bridal shop! She did such a beautiful job repairing the damaged sections and even made me a custom veil from extra lace taken from the sleeves of the overlay that came with the dress (David's grandmother had tiny arms!). It was so perfect for our vintage heritage Irish/Scottish wedding. I would absolutely go to Harper for any alterations or restorations as she takes such great care in what she does.

Amazing Experience

Reviewed on 12/11/2015 Denalee D

Seams Couture was one of the few vendors I would emphatically recommend to other brides. Harper was a joy to work with (I actually miss going in for fittings just to catch up!) and she worked with me smoothly even during the time I was living in Baltimore. I really wanted to... Read More update and wear my grandmother's dress and Harper used all the viable pieces from her dress and found identical fabric etc to remake what couldn't be restored. I went into our first meeting with tons of broad ideas, and Harper knew just how to fit them all together into one gorgeous dress. Harper also worked on my mom's dress for the wedding and completely exceeded both of our expectations. Harper truly went above and beyond to make me feel like a princess on my wedding day. If you have the opportunity to work with Seams Couture, don't pass it up!

Reviewed on 11/06/2015

Working with Harper was so easy and she made dress alterations such an easy and non-stressful event! I couldn't haven't been more happy with the alteration work she did on my bridal gown, the dress fit perfectly the day of the wedding. Harper also helped to make it possible... Read More for me to wear my Grandmother's full lace veil that she wore at her wedding sixty years earlier! Knowing that the veil wouldn't be affected by having a comb placed in it and the integrity of the veil would be intact was so important and enabled me to wear a family heirloom. I would absolutely recommend Harper and Seams Couture to anyone!

dress dreams CAN come true!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

Harper at Seams Couture made my wedding dress dreams come true! I had such a special experience working with Harper. She was so patient and creative, and she was able to bring my dress vision to life- even better than my vision actually. Harper is so easy to work with, and her... Read More work is TOP quality. My dress fit like a dream! I was so pleased with the final product, and the process of having a couture dess made is unforgettable... not to mention fun!

2014-11-02T08:37:39 Response from the vendor

You are very welcome Knottie 12733479! Send me an email so I know who you are and I'll send you the special Etsy Shop discount code :)

Harper is a wedding dress goddess!

Reviewed on 9/22/2014 Emma W

I wanted desperately to wear my grandmother's (and mother's, and aunt's) wedding dress for my wedding day. Unfortunately, my swimmer's shoulders were never going to fit in my petite family's gown. I also wanted an updated look that would fit with my style AND I wanted to keep... Read More the original dress intact for future generations. Needless to say, I thought I was out-of-luck. Harper, however, thought differently. Using the skirt (which could easily be resewn back onto the orginal bodice), she created a masterpiece of a modern dress that honored the women of my family. It had subtle nods to my Irish heritage, looked completely unique but still classically beautiful. Top it off with a perfectly tailored fit and I was a very happy bride. Harper was also totally open to changing parts of the design as we went. The best part is that, although the updated dress looked nothing like the original, it can easily be put back to its original state with a single seam!! The price was less than most people spend on a new dress...PERFECT!

2014-11-02T08:39:16 Response from the vendor

Your gown was such a great design puzzle to build! See, there's a solution to everything and I am honored to be part of it and your family heirloom tradition. xo

Bridal Gown

Reviewed on 9/22/2014 Lara R

I was referred by a friend for my gown alterations and I am so glad that I went with her recommendation! The gown needed some real pinning and tucking around the bodice and when I went in for my fitting it fit like a glove. Harper was easy to contact and everything was fast and... Read More professional. Thank you so much Harper!!

Perfection!

Reviewed on 8/11/2014 Sarah H

I bought my dress in New York City, but didn't want to have to commute back and forth from Providence for each fitting. I looked everywhere for a tailor I could trust with my wedding dress, but never felt comfortable with anyone. My wedding make up artist recommended Harper... Read More and when I met her I knew she was the person who could help me make my dress perfect. She is so detail-oriented and professional. She explained everything she was altering on the dress and what it meant and allowed us to take our time at our appointments. My mother-in-law ended up taking her dress to Harper too! I felt absolutely beautiful on my wedding day. Highly recommend.

Harper is a gem; Providence is so lucky to have her!

Reviewed on 8/10/2014 Joanna K

Harper is a consummate professional. I came to her because I figured, surely if she can make custom wedding dresses for others from scratch, she can do my alterations and make a custom sash for my dress. I was not disappointed. My dress fit like a glove and the custom sash... Read More was amazing. Not only that -- Harper helped me turn what began as a vague idea about the sash into a concrete idea and then a reality. Furthermore, while my bridal salon would have had me wear a bulky giant bra under my dress (making me look bigger!), Harper sewed in bust cups and with her alterations the dress fit *so much better* than it had in the store. She knew exactly the designer of my dress and what she had to do to make it perfect. Harper is a gem and Providence is so lucky to have her. She is really dedicated to your dress fitting exactly right -- and with wedding gowns, fit can be a very delicate thing. All that, and her price was very reasonable. I can not recommend her highly enough.

Great pick for alternations

Reviewed on 11/07/2012 Stephanie R

Harper did the alterations on my wedding gown. We called her after my bridal shop informed me that they couldn't do the alterations for me, and she squeezed us in! She did an amazing job on my dress. She replaced the zipper and did a few other additional things that we didn't... Read More ask her to do. She has a set price for the dress alterations and while it was a little pricey, it was worth it! I was at ease with her and knew she was going to do a flawless job. I would use recommend Harper to any of my friends!

The best dress experience

Reviewed on 11/07/2012 Angela B

I knew from the get-go that I wanted a wedding dress that was outside the box. I heard about Seams from a friend who had had her dress made by Harper. I didn't even bother looking any place else before making my first appointment. It was the best decision. Harper is amazing. We... Read More sat down at that first appointment and came up with my dream dress. I picked the fabrics that I wanted and had a say in every step of the process. The result was fantastic and everyone commented that my dress looked great. It fit like a glove and was actually comfortable to have on for 6+ hours. Harper also went above and beyond making a matching tie and pocket square for my husband and making a beautiful color sketch as a keepsake. I could not have gotten this dress at any store and it was a great value for the quality of materials and workmanship.

Perfect wedding suit

Reviewed on 11/07/2012 Jessica R

Harper designed and made my wedding suit. It's hard to get a woman's suit to look just right, and I had a few quirks to add to it, but she just took it all in stride and produced an amazing result. It was perfect. She also did some finishing work on my wife's gown, which we got... Read More from a bridal shop, to make our outfits match. We were very happy with the result.

Awesome!

Reviewed on 11/03/2011 Olga K

Harper created a beautiful ivory lace bolero jacket which I wore over a store-bought ivory wedding gown. It was gorgeous! She also made a raspberry colored sash which I wore to the reception (I removed the lace jacket). Harper listened to my ideas (and made several changes... Read More when I asked), was very easy to work with, and is generally fun and creative. She really did a fantastic job. I got tons of compliments on both items. She also made my sister-in-law's entire wedding gown (my sister-in-law recommended Harper to me). She's great, I would highly recommend her work. I wish I could attach a picture of the pieces!

Harper

Designer and Couturiere Harper Della-Piana learned to sew at age 2, the product of generations of sewing professionals. A classically trained Draper, Patternmaker, and Fitter, she spent over the past 25 years as a Professional Costumer and Wardrobe Supervisor in New York City and Boston for Major Film, TV, Broadway, Ballet, Circus, Ice, and Commercials. She has created costumes for such productions as Door in the Floor, A Beautiful Mind, Brown Sugar, Beloved, Batman Forever, Dogma, Victor/Victoria, Will Rogers Follies, Spin City, Saturday Night Live, , and The Late Show with David Letterman