Bridesmaid Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Bridal Stylists, Group Discounts, Private Appointments Available, Fashion

2438 W Anderson Ln , Austin, TX

Reviewed on 1/26/2016 Lauren

I can't thank Catherine or the other ladies at Serendipity enough for my experience while trying on bridal gowns. First of all, I came in with my best friend and we were both trying on dresses which is difficult in itself. They did an amazing job of catering to both of us and... Read More also making each of our experiences personal. I had tried on over 80 dresses and was exhausted when I came in. I picked a few gowns and was defeated but Catherine pulled a dress that me and my whole group had passed over after listening to my style. I was in love! I put it on and she worked with me through the entire styling of it. Different belts, different veils, different bows! I left without the dress in hand to think it over and Catherine offered to come in early or stay late if I needed to come back the next day (Sunday) because they were booked. I ended up swinging back by midday (outside of my appointment time) and Catherine made room for us and went through the entire styling process again! Everyone there was pleasant and extremely accommodating to my indecisiveness. I never felt pressured and the stylists weren't pushy. BIGGEST thank you to Serendipity!

I Said YES to the Dress!

Reviewed on 8/03/2015 Becca D

Serendipity is the first bridal salon I went to and I said "Yes to the Dress" that day! Katye is AMAZING. She really listens and understands what the bride is looking for, however threw a "curve ball" in the mix for me after trying on a number of other beautiful dresses and it... Read More was my dress! I think it was fate the way everything worked out for me at Serendipity.. I went in with a certain silhouette and style in mind and came out with a dress completely different, but perfect for me! They are the only bridal boutique in Austin that carries they designer Pronovias, which ended up being my designer. I highly recommend this cute boutique!

So Kind!

Reviewed on 2/03/2015 Eden F

I really enjoyed my visit to Serendipity Bridal. They have a great price range from what I would say is about $1500 - $6000. They were extremely kind and gave me the boutique wedding dress experience without the stuffy-ness. Super Austin like vibe from the staff that was... Read More appreciated. They made my entire day incredible from the beginning with mimosas for us to the final selection of the dress. Also, they have great accessories that their staff is excellent at helping pick out for what is the best fit for your vibe and dress style. I had 2 other appointments at other boutiques that day, but ended up cancelling them because I found my dream dress there so quick! I have yet to go in for my fitting, but cannot wait to see my dress again and make another visit.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Thomas G

I bought my wedding dress from Serendipity Bridal, and it was gorgeous! They are so amazing there! They make you their priority and give you their full attention (unlike other places I went - David's Bridal)!! They really listen to what you want and help you find the perfect... Read More dress for you! Love this shop!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Anne T

I had such an amazing experience at Serendipity Bridal. Sydney was the sweetest and most professional I could've hoped for in a bridal consultant. She listened intently and treated me and my mom with the utmost respect and care. I will recommend her and Serendipity to every... Read More bride I meet!

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Amanda M

I recently purchased my wedding dress from Kayte at Serendipity and had the BEST experience! I showed her my style ideas and she gladly helped me pull dresses that she thought I would like. One of the first dresses we tried on was definitely the dress for me, but Kayte helped me... Read More continue to try on the remaining dresses just to make sure! Unfortunately my future mother in law couldn't be with us that day, so we scheduled another appointment to come back for measurements so she could see me in the dress. Kayte and the Serendipity staff were great to work with and I'm so thankful for their help in finding my dress!!

Reviewed on 8/04/2016 Caitlin H

I had a great experience at Serendipity Bridal. Allison was great and made me feel beautiful in every gown, but never pressured me or gave me more of her opinion than what was needed. I am not the type of person who make many decisions on the spot, and she completely understood... Read More when I said I needed to sleep on the decision. I came in on a Friday and she found time on the next morning for me to come in for one last "try" before I made the purchase and I knew it was the right decision. Thank you so much for your help, guidance, and patience. This was also during a sample sale, so not only did I get a beautiful dress, but I got a great deal on it as well.

2016-08-05T11:26:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you for sharing! We are so glad you enjoyed your experience.

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Lisa B

I absolutely loved working with Serendipity Bridal! Serendipity was the second store we went to, to try on dresses, I found the dress I ended up buying, but we still had 2 other appointments at other stores so we went to those after. But nothing compared to the dress at... Read More Serendipity, so we went back and bought that one. The dress was beautiful, and the price was very reasonable. I wanted to add lace straps, and it was no problem. I also loved how you got dressed in a nice big private room, while your guests waited on a couch outside the room, and then you had a big reveal for each dress. They also gave you free mimosas while you were trying on the dresses! The staff were all very friendly and all very easy to work with. I was working with their seamstress and she had a death in the family and had to stop working a month before my wedding, but Serendipity found a replacement seamstress to finish my dress, and she did an amazing job!

2016-08-05T11:28:19 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review and your understanding with our seamstress' family emergency. We are so glad you were pleased with your experience start to finish.

Reviewed on 6/18/2016 Alondra J

On June 18, 2016 around 2:00 p.m., I walked into Serendipity with my bridesmaids on our way to grab a bite to eat. We had just had an appointment at another place where we had a positive experience. At Serendipity, I wanted to quickly show them the sample of the wedding dress... Read More I recently purchased there (for several thousands of dollars) and let them glance at the small selection of bridesmaids dresses. We didn't have or need an appointment and weren't planning on trying anything on. In fact, I arrived before my bridesmaids and let the staff know that. The two staff persons at Serendipity that I interacted with were rude and unwelcoming. For example and among other things, one of them grabbed the sample of my wedding dress that I had taken to the next isle to show to my bridesmaids and said something along the lines of, "We don't drag" and then she rudely took the dress away and walked off. They were unwelcoming the entire time and did not offer us any type of welcome or common courtesies. It was embarrassing and I'm sorry I invited my bridesmaids to go there and be treated in such a way. We will not be purchasing our bridesmaids dresses there. My wedding dress is all but paid for and the staff at Serendipity were perfectly pleasant when I was looking to spend thousands of dollars; but afterward, clearly no longer felt the need to extend even common courtesies. We were extremely disappointed and turned off by the experience.

Reviewed on 5/31/2016

I loved my dress and the alterations were perfect. The customer service and experiences I had are the reason for my 2-star review. I bought my dress a year in advance of my wedding and had a great experience with the rep that helped me. I only tried on 4 dresses total at... Read More Serendipity, but this was going to be my third and final stop in my search. She pulled a dress from the rack that I never would have tried on, and it ended up being perfect. I was so happy! Early this year I started having meetings with their alterations specialist, Rosie. Rosie was very helpful and knowledgeable, but the first two meetings I had with her were the exact same. Meaning, she did not alter my dress at all between meeting 1 and meeting 2 (a six week span), which was a little frustrating, as I live in South Austin and drove up for what seemed no reason. At 8pm the night before my final fitting (which was 2 weeks before my wedding), a representative called and told me they had to cancel my fitting due to a death in the family of my seamstress. She then asked me what all needed to be done to the dress since I was last in. I told her "uh, everything, I guess? There hadn't been any alterations at all the last time I was in." She immediately got off the phone with me to find another alterations specialist and asked me if I could go to her house at noon on Saturday. I asked if she was telling me that nothing had been done to my dress and that my wedding was only 2 weeks away. She said "that's why I asked you what needed to be done." I do not, nor would I, know the current status of my dress. I insisted on keeping my initial appointment to come in and see my dress. I went in and thankfully, the dress was done. It fit, and my rep that helped me apologized for the confusion and offered to come in on Wednesday (even though they are closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays), because my wedding was on a Friday. Come Monday morning, they called and asked if I could come in Monday or Thursday, which tells me they had no intention of accommodating me. I asked why she couldn't meet me on Wednesday anymore and she replied, "She just can't now." I wanted both my mom and sister (who are in different states) to be there for pickup so they could both see how to bustle the dress. Needless to say, that did not happen. Nice store and beautiful dresses, but the customer service and problem solving skills are not there, and this is not what a bride wants right before her big day.

2016-06-03T10:33:25 Response from the vendor

Dear Knot Readers, We hope that you are able to see past this review. Clearly we do not have a protocol in place for the sudden death of a staff members immediate family. This is was an extremely upsetting and difficult time for us here... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/12/2016 Winter G

The Serendipity Bridal team was amazing! I was very nervous to go to my first bridal appointment, but my attendant helped me to feel so comfortable and excited about the experience. My two bridesmaids and I were given mimosas as we started searching for "the dress." I had my... Read More own dressing room with a wall-sized mirror, it was like something out of a fairytale. My attendant took my ideas/photos and found a beautiful unique combination of everything that I loved, and all within my budget!!! It was a "Say Yes to the Dress" moment in their beautiful salon and they gave us champagne to cheers.

Reviewed on 5/05/2016 Kayla M

Every bride wants their wedding dress experience to be one of a kind, and truly magical. Serendipity was nothing short of perfection. Welcoming, comfortable, knowledgable, excited, and so supportive is the best way to describe the amazing staff. I am so grateful! Austin Texas... Read More won't regret it!

2016-05-05T10:27:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review! We are so glad to hear it was everything you had hoped your dress shopping experience to be:)

Reviewed on 4/19/2016 Jennifer J

From the moment I walked into Serendipity Bridal, I knew that my gown was there. They have an amazing upscale selection of gowns and stunning accessories. Kayte helped me find my gown after listening to what I envisioned and wanted - actually she helped me find 2 that were... Read More beyond anything I had tried on at any other store. It was so difficult to decide! But, after I chose my gown, the rest was so easy with Kayte. She made me feel special, made my family feel welcome and wanted. I ended up getting my gown (Lazaro), veil, earrings, bracelet and hair accessory (Haute Bride) all from Serendipity. I went to a trunk show they had to choose all my accessories a few weeks after I had picked the gown. I am so glad I did that. I was able to have time from the initial appointment and didn't feel overwhelmed trying to select everything all at once. At other stores, the women were nice and lovely, but there is just something so special and genuine with the entire staff at Serendipity that made my entire experience unforgettable.

2016-05-05T10:30:23 Response from the vendor

Oh thank you so much Jennifer! This makes our day:) It was such a pleasure working with you and the pictures you sent are just lovely. Wishing you and your husband all the best!

Reviewed on 4/18/2016 Michelle G

One of my best friends bought her dress at Serendipity Bridal and recommended I go shopping there when I got engaged. Serendipity was the only bridal shop I went to, and I thought everything was perfect! I found a WToo by Watters bridal gown during a Trunk Show in October 2015... Read More and ordered it immediately. I was initially told that because it was only 5 months before my wedding, we would have to do a rush order and I would get the dress about a month or so before the wedding. However, I ended up receiving my dress within 2 weeks of placing the order! Due to a miscommunication via email, Serendipity talked to the designers at Watters and told them that I needed the dress immediately, so they sent me one that was already made in my size. I am SO happy with my experience with Serendipity Bridal and highly recommend them to all brides!!

2016-05-05T10:31:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, we greatly appreciate it:)

Reviewed on 2/28/2016 Emily S

Although this shop tends to be on the pricey side, I would absolutely recommend making an appointment with them. A couple of weeks before my appointment, my mom and I decided to stop in just to look around. Kayte immediately greeted and welcomed us, and told us about the trunk... Read More show that was going on. A few minutes later, she came up to us and told us that she had some free time because one of her appointments had cancelled, and that if I saw a dress in the trunk show that I really wanted to try on, she would gladly help us. I didn't end up trying anything on that week, but when we returned for my appointment a few weeks later, we were pleased to find out that Kayte would be our consultant. She made us all feel so comfortable and welcome, and was very knowledgeable about all of the gowns I tried on and what would look best on me. She was incredibly kind, helpful, and not pushy or overbearing, but I think my favorite thing about her was that she seemed genuinely excited about our appointment and the dresses I was trying on. I ended up finding my dream dress and I can't wait to go back for my first fitting!

Reviewed on 12/10/2015 Mikaela F

This was the 7th shop I visited and I finally found the right dress! The sample sale is amazing. The staff was super kind and patient, and helped me find exactly what I was looking for.

Reviewed on 9/28/2015

From beginning of the process to the day before, Serendipity was wonderful. My daughter found the perfect dress and the staff was amazing! LOVE Serendipity! -from a mother of the bride

Reviewed on 9/10/2015 Paige J

My education is in hospitality and customer service and if I could give this salon less than one star, I would. I had an scheduled appointment for an accessories trunk show and this establishment provided me with the worst experience throughout my wedding planning process. Long... Read More story short, I found a babysitter for my son, skipped visiting my grandmother (on hospice), and drove over an hour to the salon. On my way I called several times after their established opening time and left a message to confirm my appointment, but never was able to talk to a sales associate. Upon our arrival, sales associate, Meredith, told us there was no trunk show this weekend. She never apologized, offered another solution, and wouldn't allow me to speak with the manager (who was also there at the time). When I asked why the phone was never answered, she idiotically replied that they have a busy day scheduled and they simply weren't able to answer it. Pretty gowns, HORRIBLE customer service skills. I wouldn't advise bride, who are already stressed, to do business with an establishment who doesn't truly care about their customers and potential customers. This all could've easily been avoided if employees where required answered the phone. After I spoke with the manager, she apologized for ME being wrong. Needless to say, make sure to get your appointment in writing; I certainly learned my lesson.

Reviewed on 8/14/2015 Meagan R

I had a great experience here. I had been to 5 places and tried on numerous dresses before finding Serendipity Bridal. They had such a fantastic selection with an array of price ranges. Which by the way, don't be fooled by those bridal shows on TV. Turns out you don't need a... Read More ridiculously high budget to find the perfect dress. For the life of me I cannot remember who was helping me, but I have the card somewhere and will be updating this with her name as soon as I find it. She was so helpful and super patient with my indecisiveness. I made the poor woman switch me back and forth between two dresses, I don't know how many times, and she really didn't mind at all. My mom also bought her dress while we were there and she received the same treatment. Oh and the champagne they give you is quite delicious! Can't wait until November when dress comes in!

Found the Perfect Dress!

Reviewed on 3/06/2015 Ashley S

After visiting multiple different stores, I was floored by the level of service I received at Serendipity! Kayte immediately made me and my guests feel comfortable by offering a private seated area as well as a glass of champagne. I had been to Serendipity prior to this visit... Read More when a friend of mine was in search for her dress. While there my friend tried on the most beautiful Pronovias gown, which is why I returned back to Serendipity for my own search. While at Serendipity, Kayte showed me a few Pronovias gowns but I didn't see the one I had seen before. However, Kayte immediately knew what dress I was talking about without giving her much detail. She went around to the back and pulled the exact dress that my friend had tried on. Thankfully, Kayte made sure that I tried on other dresses to make sure that I was given enough options. The dress selection that Kayte pulled was incredible, and all of the dresses were very different from the other stores in Austin. Kayte allowed me to walk around the store in the dress, stand in front of the mirror and think about if this was the one for well over 30 minutes. She also dealt with me in the nicest way possible while I tried on different veils, different sized petticoats and belts. She made sure that I felt beautiful in it before I purchased it. Lastly, I came on President's Day/Valentine's weekend and Serendipity was having a giveaway. I was able to pick a piece of candy from a box, and inside of it was a prize of some sort. I was one of the last appointments on Monday, and Kayte told me that the promotion would end that night but the "grand" prize was still in the box. And it was! I randomly picked the "grand" prize - FREE alterations up to $500!!! So needless to say, I bought the dress and I will be using my free alterations when my dress comes in July!

Great Experience

Reviewed on 12/18/2014

I went to Serendipity Bridal after my co-worker found her dress there. This was my third appointment, and I had not loved the selection of dresses at the other locations. I walked into Serendipity and was instantly pleased. My consultant was thrilled that I wanted a blush gown... Read More and there were tons of options whereas at other stores there were only a few blush gowns. She did not pull anything above my budget and warned me when a dress I wanted to try on was above my budget. My consultant was fabulous and honest. I loved the size of the dressing rooms and it was a pleasant experience for my guests (they were offered mimosas or water). They have a big mirror in the dressing room with double doors that open to a couch and chairs where your guests are sitting. There is also a large mirror and pedestal area at the back of the store. Once I found my dress there were super helpful in finding a veil to go with the dress. They were not pressuring me to buy the veil right then and there and they had quite a few options for veils. There was a nice rose gold belt that looked great with my dress and matches my ring- too perfect! I was extremely satisfied and not stressed out while at Serendipity. I had found previous appointments stressful and the consultants a little pushy. I would recommend this bridal salon to another bride and so would my mother!

Forever Searching Bride

Reviewed on 11/30/2014 Kendyl W

I searched almost every shop in Austin and one in Dallas before I made it to Serendipity. Once I thought I found my dress I saved it for last and sure even that was it! I purchased my dress at a trunk show (which made it cheaper) but still received a brand new gown. I... Read More also purchased my veil and belt from them. The girls were amazing. They made it up to me when the designer was at fault for shipping late, etc. Be prepared for designers to run behind. They made you feel special and served drinks once you said yes to the dress!

I looked EVERYWHERE...and then I found Serendipity.

Reviewed on 11/20/2014 Selena F

True to it's name... Serendipity. I spent 4 months looking for the perfect wedding dress.... from Los Angeles to Houston and in between.... all the bridal shops everyone recommended... I went, I tried on a TON of dresses...and they all fell short. I randomly googled bridal shops... Read More in my area of Austin and on the name alone, chose to go to this shop and just see. I am a no fuss kind of bride, so for me, this was the perfect atmosphere. The lady who helped me, Kayte, was very attentive but not pushy. She wasn't over the top or trying too hard to make me love something like a lot of the other places I went to. She was down to earth, nice and well informed about all the dresses in the shop. The first dress I tired on was THE ONE! and just under my budget. I really feel my entire experience finding this dress was serendipitous. This place is magic. ***

So awful

Reviewed on 10/11/2014

I went with my best friend to go bridesmaid dress shopping. There was a very limited selection of dresses but we were okay with having few choices if there were great options. My real problem is how bad the service was. The lady helping us was so lazy and perfectly happy doing... Read More nothing. She stood there and asked us to take all of the dresses off the wracks and hand them to her. I'm surprised she didn't ask us to put away all of the dresses. Her and her coworker were making lunch plans and were so engrossed with this decision. I wish she had that much enthusiasm in doing her job..

Unique & Gorgeous Wedding Gowns!

Reviewed on 10/09/2014 Kelsie H

Serendipity is such a cute Austin bridal boutique! I found my wedding dress and all bridesmaid dresses here. They have a great selection of wedding gowns and they are much more unique than what you would find at a typical bridal shop. My dress and my bridesmaids dresses were... Read More designed by Watters. I LOVE her fabrics and the quality is absolutely amazing. I came into Serendipity and had an appointment with Lacy to try on wedding gowns. She literally picked three dresses for me and by the third one I said "Yes"! She has a great eye and knows exactly what will look perfect for your body. Serendipity was always very helpful when I was ordering my bridesmaid dresses and they have an awesome seamstress there for you to use at your fittings. My dress fit like a glove the day of. Did I mention they give you and your friends/family mimosas while you try on dresses?!

Start a Conversation!