Serendipity Bridal

Serendipity Bridal is Austin's original independent bridal shop ~ we have been making bridal dreams come true for 29 years! Family owned and operated, Serendipity prides itself on providing a personalized experience for each of our brides. Our collection provides a unique array of gowns, from across the globe, thoughtfully hand selected and brought to Austin. We have a modest collection of gowns beginning at $1,200, the majority priced $2,000 to $3,000, and a couture collection priced up to $7,000. Our shop is by appointment so please call, or request online, to reserve your spot. We hope to have you as a Serendipity Bridal bride!

Bridesmaid Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Bridal Stylists, Private Appointments Available, Fashion

2905 San Gabriel St., Suite #102 , Austin, TX (512) 374-9492

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 Morgan R

Kayte helped me a few weeks ago at their new location and my experience was absolutely fantastic. The new space is one of the nicests in Austin, the dressing rooms have the perfect amount of privacy, great lighting and Kayte made me feel so comfortable. She even knew my venue in... Read More NY and helped me find the perfect dress that matched the feeling of my wedding. I've been to unbridaled, blue bridal and blush.. Serendipity was one of my best experiences and gorgeous selection of dresses- highly recommend!

Reviewed on 8/06/2017 Rachael M

I finally found my dream dress at Serendipity! I went to 5 different bridal salons around Austin over the course of a few weeks in search of my wedding gown. It quickly became a very stressful process trying to narrow down my favorites and make sure they were within my budget.... Read More Kayte at Serendipity was by far the most attentive and helpful person I encountered throughout the search. She listened to my needs and after struggling to find something I loved, she pulled a wild card dress for me on good faith and I LOVED IT! Totally outside the box, would have never pulled it myself but that ended up being the one! I owe her so much for that and was especially thankful for the celebratory champagne toast after the big decision. Thank you!

Reviewed on 3/27/2017 Laura P

Wow. Love love love this bridal store! Serendipity had dress after dress that I loved and that were affordable! Kayte does the absolute BEST job of hearing what you like, understanding it, and then helping you find the exact right dress. This store was so friendly and made the... Read More dress-buying process a dream. Now me and 2 of my best friends have all gotten our dress from Serendipity. We couldn't recommend it more!

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Amy M

I cannot say enough good things about Serendipity Bridal! I had two appointments scheduled for dress shopping and I cancelled the second appointment 30 minutes into our appointment because my family and me were so thrilled with the selection. The shop is gorgeous, and the wood... Read More floors and the rooms for the bride and guests are big and beautiful. From the minute my mom, sister and my fiancées sisters walked in, the sales associates made us feel so special and supported. There are many different styles for wedding dresses and it was so much fun walking around and seeing all of the beautiful styles! They also work within your budget and don't make you feel pressure. I wish I could dress shop again because we had so much fun! Once I said "yes to the dress" Brigitte (she was so amazing in helping us!) brought out champagne and we celebrated.... the sweetest memory with my family! My family flew half way across the country to join me for wedding dress shopping and I feel so blessed we chose a shop that made our weekend perfect. I can't thank Serendipity enough! If you are a bride, you must go here and you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 8/26/2017 Samanta S

After trying on several dresses from different bridal stores in San Antonio and Austin, I knew as soon as I walked in that I would find my dress. They have a great selection of gowns at affordable prices. My consultant was extremely helpful and knew exactly what I was looking... Read More for. With her help I was able to find my dream dress!

Reviewed on 8/19/2017 Christina M

I cannot say enough wonderful things about this bridal shop and Kayte! After visiting two bridal shops where I felt rushed, unimpressed and like there were few choices we finally arrived at Serendipity. There were so many different styles and the environment was so positive and... Read More inviting. Kayte made me feel so comfortable by listening to what I was interested in and bringing me options instead of just telling me to walk around and pick things. She knew how to style dresses with different veils and belts to make them special. I found the perfect dress and cannot wait to get it back. Thank you Kayte!

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Johnna H

I had the best experience at serendipity bridal! I was able to get an appointment the day that I called for the same day. Brigitte was my consultant and she was great! She let me and my party pick dresses that I wanted to try on. She knew what style I was wanting and gave me... Read More choices. The dress that I loved, had a beige color belt, and I didn't really like the color. She gave me a couple different options to make it a bit more simple, and I loved it. I was able to say "YES to the dress." They treated me like a princess on a very special day. I definitely recommended serendipity bridal!

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Meghan P

I love Serendipity Bridal! By far, it is the best bridal boutique I visited on my adventure of finding a wedding dress. The staff was very professional and friendly and I received the 5-star experience from start to finish. I had gone to other bridal shops in the Austin and... Read More Houston area and Serendipity out-shined them all...by a long shot. I ended up going to Serendipity twice. It was the first place I went and the last place I went to try on dresses - both times were amazing experiences that I'll never forget. Everyone that works there is very knowledgeable about the designers and dresses in their store as well as about the wedding dress industry as a whole. They are all fashion-savvy and know exactly which pieces go together based on your shape and style. I worked Brigitte and I loved working with her! She is so knowledgeable about wedding dresses and the wedding fashion industry. She had a 6th sense for which dresses would look beautiful on me even before I put them on. She also has a great, friendly personality that makes the whole experience really fun and enjoyable when most times it can be pretty stressful. The rest of the staff was fantastic to work with as well. They were all quick to offer their opinions which I loved. The thing I liked the best about Serendipity is that their goal is to help sure you find a dress that you love, feel confident and look beautiful in. Unlike, other bridal stores, they weren't trying to "push a sale." They care about the customer. I also liked that they offered helpful opinions when I expressed concerns about certain dresses looking good on me. Without their help, I wouldn't have been open-minded enough to try on an A-line dress. This led to me finding the dress I am absolutely in love with. If it wasn't for them, I'd still be looking for the perfect dress. The store was clean and they had the best selection of designers and styles out of all the boutiques that I had gone to. They have the most beautiful dresses that I have ever seen! It was really hard not to try on all of them! Price-wise, they mostly have dresses in the higher-end but I found plenty of dresses in my price range...enough to warrant two appointments. The dress I ended up getting was actually below my $2k max budget. The dress I purchased was from the "WToo" line. My dress is coming in in October and from there I will start the alterations process which is in-house. Based on my experience with them so far, I have no doubt that this process will be just as stellar. I can't wait to continue working with Serendipity!

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Diana D

The management of this store is wonderful! However, I am really disappointed that some of the consultants do not share the same enthusiasm or customer care. One of your team members was very rude to my mother and rushed me during my initial gown pick-up. I loved saying yes to... Read More the dress, but think some of your staff needs to realize that the family needs to feel welcomed.

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Kelsey B

I decided last minute while already in Austin to stop into the salon without an appointment and they pencilled me in without hesitation. I choose this bridal shop not only for the reviews but also because they carried the designers I was looking for! I am so grateful for how... Read More welcoming, nice, and patient the staff was and helped me find my perfect dress!

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Lizzie P

Serendipity is an amazing company. I looked at many other bridal salons in town but they are clearly the best. They have a gorgeous selection of gowns in a range of prices, and they really made me feel special during my appointment. The consultants are really knowledgeable about... Read More their product, too. Finally, their in-house seamstress, Rosie, is a joy to work with and I highly recommend using her!

Reviewed on 6/10/2017 Allison S

I went to Serendipity Bridal during their sample sale and had a great experience! We were early for our appt. and we were able to start right away. Katye was my bridal consultant and she was so great and helpful. After seeing what kind of dresses I was interested in, she was... Read More the one who actually recommended the dress that I fell in love with! All the sample dresses I tried on were in good condition - you could definitely tell they take care of their dresses. They also had a really large selection of sample sale dresses. I ended up buying a gorgeous wedding dress for about 80% off the original price. Overall, I was very pleased with the whole experience and can't wait to wear my dress on my wedding day!

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 Jillian B

My experience at Serendipity was absolutely perfect from the moment I walked in the door. I had been to five other bridal salons and none of them compared to Serendipity. The dresses are stunning and my bridal consultant was AMAZING! After telling her what I was looking for in... Read More a gown, she pulled the most perfect dress for me! And then there was Rosie! She was a dream come true and my fittings and alterations all went smoothly. My dress fit absolutely perfectly because of her expertise and knowledge. I truly loved everything about my experience at Serendipity! Thank you for making me feel like the most beautiful bride.

Reviewed on 4/10/2017 Hannah Q

Customer service/ any contact with the store after purchase is non existent. My wedding was only 20 days away and the store still did not have a set date/time that my dress would be ready for pick up, and alterations were still not complete. The store is lovely and the dresses... Read More and beautiful but the experience was highly stressful as i was not able to have bridal portraits due to my dress not being ready and the difficulty in contacting anyone at the shop.

2017-04-10T15:30:08 Response from the vendor

4/10/2017 Hello Hannah, We are quite confused by this review. We all knew when you purchased your gown that we were under a time crunch. You came in shopping on 11/27 for a 5/6 wedding, less than 6 months ahead of time. We found the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/16/2017 Alicia R

This was my second stop(first was David's Bridal to get a feel) but they were the only shop open on a Sunday, MAJOR PLUS! Kayte listened to my style and pulled a dress she thought would be best and I looked around a pulled some that I liked. I tried on the dress Kayte pulled... Read More first and it was the one, my cousin and I both fought back tears and I knew it was the one. It was so easy and stress free. I would recommend Kayte and Serendipity to anyone!

Reviewed on 11/30/2016 Emily T

Serendipity was the second bridal store I went to when shopping for my wedding dress. I went with my family just to look as I really had no idea what I wanted, and Serendipity had a beautiful selection of gowns by some of the best designers. We were able to narrow down my style... Read More of dress fairly quickly, and there were instant tears when I put on the dress that I knew would be the one! My consultant was so sweet and professional, and the managers made sure to give me all of the time and energy they could in helping me feel beautiful. LOVE Serendipity!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Thomas G

I bought my wedding dress from Serendipity Bridal, and it was gorgeous! They are so amazing there! They make you their priority and give you their full attention (unlike other places I went - David's Bridal)!! They really listen to what you want and help you find the perfect... Read More dress for you! Love this shop!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Anne T

I had such an amazing experience at Serendipity Bridal. Sydney was the sweetest and most professional I could've hoped for in a bridal consultant. She listened intently and treated me and my mom with the utmost respect and care. I will recommend her and Serendipity to every... Read More bride I meet!

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Amanda M

I recently purchased my wedding dress from Kayte at Serendipity and had the BEST experience! I showed her my style ideas and she gladly helped me pull dresses that she thought I would like. One of the first dresses we tried on was definitely the dress for me, but Kayte helped me... Read More continue to try on the remaining dresses just to make sure! Unfortunately my future mother in law couldn't be with us that day, so we scheduled another appointment to come back for measurements so she could see me in the dress. Kayte and the Serendipity staff were great to work with and I'm so thankful for their help in finding my dress!!

Reviewed on 8/04/2016 Caitlin H

I had a great experience at Serendipity Bridal. Allison was great and made me feel beautiful in every gown, but never pressured me or gave me more of her opinion than what was needed. I am not the type of person who make many decisions on the spot, and she completely understood... Read More when I said I needed to sleep on the decision. I came in on a Friday and she found time on the next morning for me to come in for one last "try" before I made the purchase and I knew it was the right decision. Thank you so much for your help, guidance, and patience. This was also during a sample sale, so not only did I get a beautiful dress, but I got a great deal on it as well.

2016-08-05T11:26:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you for sharing! We are so glad you enjoyed your experience.

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Lisa B

I absolutely loved working with Serendipity Bridal! Serendipity was the second store we went to, to try on dresses, I found the dress I ended up buying, but we still had 2 other appointments at other stores so we went to those after. But nothing compared to the dress at... Read More Serendipity, so we went back and bought that one. The dress was beautiful, and the price was very reasonable. I wanted to add lace straps, and it was no problem. I also loved how you got dressed in a nice big private room, while your guests waited on a couch outside the room, and then you had a big reveal for each dress. They also gave you free mimosas while you were trying on the dresses! The staff were all very friendly and all very easy to work with. I was working with their seamstress and she had a death in the family and had to stop working a month before my wedding, but Serendipity found a replacement seamstress to finish my dress, and she did an amazing job!

2016-08-05T11:28:19 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review and your understanding with our seamstress' family emergency. We are so glad you were pleased with your experience start to finish.

Reviewed on 6/18/2016 Alondra J

On June 18, 2016 around 2:00 p.m., I walked into Serendipity with my bridesmaids on our way to grab a bite to eat. We had just had an appointment at another place where we had a positive experience. At Serendipity, I wanted to quickly show them the sample of the wedding dress... Read More I recently purchased there (for several thousands of dollars) and let them glance at the small selection of bridesmaids dresses. We didn't have or need an appointment and weren't planning on trying anything on. In fact, I arrived before my bridesmaids and let the staff know that. The two staff persons at Serendipity that I interacted with were rude and unwelcoming. For example and among other things, one of them grabbed the sample of my wedding dress that I had taken to the next isle to show to my bridesmaids and said something along the lines of, "We don't drag" and then she rudely took the dress away and walked off. They were unwelcoming the entire time and did not offer us any type of welcome or common courtesies. It was embarrassing and I'm sorry I invited my bridesmaids to go there and be treated in such a way. We will not be purchasing our bridesmaids dresses there. My wedding dress is all but paid for and the staff at Serendipity were perfectly pleasant when I was looking to spend thousands of dollars; but afterward, clearly no longer felt the need to extend even common courtesies. We were extremely disappointed and turned off by the experience.

Reviewed on 5/31/2016

I loved my dress and the alterations were perfect. The customer service and experiences I had are the reason for my 2-star review. I bought my dress a year in advance of my wedding and had a great experience with the rep that helped me. I only tried on 4 dresses total at... Read More Serendipity, but this was going to be my third and final stop in my search. She pulled a dress from the rack that I never would have tried on, and it ended up being perfect. I was so happy! Early this year I started having meetings with their alterations specialist, Rosie. Rosie was very helpful and knowledgeable, but the first two meetings I had with her were the exact same. Meaning, she did not alter my dress at all between meeting 1 and meeting 2 (a six week span), which was a little frustrating, as I live in South Austin and drove up for what seemed no reason. At 8pm the night before my final fitting (which was 2 weeks before my wedding), a representative called and told me they had to cancel my fitting due to a death in the family of my seamstress. She then asked me what all needed to be done to the dress since I was last in. I told her "uh, everything, I guess? There hadn't been any alterations at all the last time I was in." She immediately got off the phone with me to find another alterations specialist and asked me if I could go to her house at noon on Saturday. I asked if she was telling me that nothing had been done to my dress and that my wedding was only 2 weeks away. She said "that's why I asked you what needed to be done." I do not, nor would I, know the current status of my dress. I insisted on keeping my initial appointment to come in and see my dress. I went in and thankfully, the dress was done. It fit, and my rep that helped me apologized for the confusion and offered to come in on Wednesday (even though they are closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays), because my wedding was on a Friday. Come Monday morning, they called and asked if I could come in Monday or Thursday, which tells me they had no intention of accommodating me. I asked why she couldn't meet me on Wednesday anymore and she replied, "She just can't now." I wanted both my mom and sister (who are in different states) to be there for pickup so they could both see how to bustle the dress. Needless to say, that did not happen. Nice store and beautiful dresses, but the customer service and problem solving skills are not there, and this is not what a bride wants right before her big day.

2016-06-03T10:33:25 Response from the vendor

Dear Knot Readers, We hope that you are able to see past this review. Clearly we do not have a protocol in place for the sudden death of a staff members immediate family. This is was an extremely upsetting and difficult time for us here... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/12/2016 Winter G

The Serendipity Bridal team was amazing! I was very nervous to go to my first bridal appointment, but my attendant helped me to feel so comfortable and excited about the experience. My two bridesmaids and I were given mimosas as we started searching for "the dress." I had my... Read More own dressing room with a wall-sized mirror, it was like something out of a fairytale. My attendant took my ideas/photos and found a beautiful unique combination of everything that I loved, and all within my budget!!! It was a "Say Yes to the Dress" moment in their beautiful salon and they gave us champagne to cheers.

Reviewed on 5/05/2016 Kayla M

Every bride wants their wedding dress experience to be one of a kind, and truly magical. Serendipity was nothing short of perfection. Welcoming, comfortable, knowledgable, excited, and so supportive is the best way to describe the amazing staff. I am so grateful! Austin Texas... Read More brides...you won't regret it!

2016-05-05T10:27:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review! We are so glad to hear it was everything you had hoped your dress shopping experience to be:)