Shadowbrook at Shrewsbury

771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100
E1eec2fa 862e 440c a4af 88efcd21e112~rs 100

1 Obre Place, Shrewsbury, NJ (732) 747-0200

Reviewed on 2/08/2018 Pam E

My daughter had wedding at shadowbok on January 27.,2018. we always knew this venue had impeccable reputation. It was better than we expected. Amy was so button down and professional organizing this event And always answered all the questions with kindness.Danny who coordinated... Read More all decoration was unbelievably helpful. Danny helped set up event exactly how our vision was and went over more than we asked for. Mark, the owner was extremely easy to get along and made sure our requests were met as best as he can. The venue looked amazingly magical. The food!!! It was unbelievable! I am very critical when it came to food tasting and was truly amazed. Guests couldn't belive how good it was! All the foods were so tastfully prepared.Many guests thought the cocktail hour foods were main meal and couldn't belive that more were on the way in dinning hall. We had so many guests tell us this wedding was the best wedding they attended. We are so glad we chose Shadowbrook to host my daughter's wedding. If you are looking for Venue you want to impress your guests, Shadowbrook will be top of the ranking.

Reviewed on 2/01/2018 Paola G

We had a June wedding at the Shadowbrook in 2017, and it was perfect! We have been to over a dozen weddings in the last two years, and I can confidently say that our cocktail hour was above and beyond anything we have experienced. Our Maitre D, Matt, was on top of everything.... Read More He listened to what we wanted and how we wanted the night to flow. The bridal attendant, Stephanie, was great. The associate who showed us the venue, Dan, was also present on our wedding day ensuring that everything went smoothly. Amy was extremely helpful and responsive in the months leading up to the wedding with seating, cake tasting, and random questions that we needed answers to. Our friends and family still rave about the beauty of this venue, the service, and above all, the cocktail hour. I highly recommend this venue and can't wait to attend another's wedding here! Thank you, Shadowbrook team!

Reviewed on 1/27/2018 Gina C

My husband Marc and I cannot say enough about our November 17th wedding at the Shadowbrook. This was the first venue we saw, and I knew after seeing three more than anything else would pale in comparison. Amy, Victoria, and Matthew were the staff we worked most closely with.... Read More They were fantastic!!! Amy assisted us with the planning process and made sure that all of our wants and desires were met. Victoria and Matthew went above and beyond the day of our wedding to insure that the day ran smoothly! Victoria never left my side and Matthew never missed a beat in directing the flow of the day. And of course... the food was all the rage! My guests are still talking about the cocktail hour and the Viennese hour. I couldn’t imagine getting married anywhere else. I recommend the Shadowbrook to anyone looking to get married somewhere when they know they’re being given the best food, care, and attention. Trust me... you’re in good hands!

Reviewed on 1/14/2018 Kimberly B

e planned our NYE wedding with Mark, Dan, Amy and all of the Shadowbrook family for the last year. The level of detail, professionalism and care for each bride and groom expressed by the Shadowbrook is outstanding. I truly felt like a princess the night of my wedding with the... Read More help of Matt, Stephanie, Dan and Carl. The entire evening went as amazing as we could have dreamed. Cocktail hour provided our guests an abundance of food that we have continuously heard such amazing reviews of almost two weeks later. The Shadowbrook itself provides the most beautiful background and atmosphere for our wedding vision, but the staff were able to flawlessly support the wedding vision with our detailed personal items (e.g. picture frames, clocks, votive, etc.). When a groomsmens pants ripped, the entire male staff offered their sizes in order to try to rectify the problem!!! We couldn't believe how generous and what amazing customer service each individual wanted to provide to us. When my Husband's tux jacket had a tear, Stephanie had it off and sewn before I even had a second to think about it. Mark really leads a team that is respectful, provides phenomenal customer service and the utmost professionalism we have seen at all the weddings we have attended. I would highly recommend the Shadowbrook for your next event and if anyone wants to invite us, we would LOVE to go back real soon (or every weekend)!!!

Reviewed on 1/03/2018 Chelsea R

My December wedding was a dream come true! The holiday decor is absolutely stunning. My guests cannot stop raving about cocktail hour and the amazing food and staff. Carl and Stephanie truly made the day so perfect. I couldn’t have imagined it without them. This is the... Read More classiest, most beautiful, romantic venue full of history and deserves the 5 stars. Thank you so much for everything!

Reviewed on 12/17/2017 Noelle M

WOW. Our wedding at the Shadowbrook was an absolute dream and then some. We started off working with Amy who was always so nice and easy to get in touch with and communicate with. The Shadowbrook itself is a breathtaking venue with history imbedded in every detail. Since we had... Read More a winter wedding, all of the decor for the holidays was absolutely beautiful. ALL of our guests had a blast and couldn't get over the unbelievable cocktail hour and food overall. Carl and Stephanie were so accommodating and professional. They even had a spare pair of flip flops for me. This is a 5 start venue all around. I would recommend any couple looking for venues to make an appointment here! The best of the best!

Reviewed on 12/04/2017 Caroline W

There is no reason to not have your wedding here. The entire staff goes above and beyond. Request to work with Carl and have Stephanie as your attendant - they are professional but fun and so nice! The Shadowbrook is gorgeous and unlike any other venue. The feeling is warm and... Read More intimate. The decor is gorgeous. Not your typical wedding hall at all. Our guests can’t stop raving about cocktail hour, the incredible service, and how beautiful the night was. The interior gets decorated so nicely you really don’t have to do much or bring in your own things - they do such an incredible job, especially during the holidays! Best venue ever!

Reviewed on 11/11/2017 Janet B

We worked with Amy for the initial planning. She was always friendly and helpful. When I had a question, I would email. As often as not, my phone would ring with Amy on the other end within 10 minutes. That kind of responsiveness was evident throughout our relationship. We also... Read More dealt extensively with Mark, who is one of the owners. His hands-on approach to our event was what really made the difference. We had some dietary requests that involved massaging the menu quite a bit for both the cocktail hour and dinner. He was incredibly responsive to our needs, even asking me a last question at the cocktail hour. We were also concerned about having enough time on site for photographs, as there was an afternoon wedding also. Mark made sure we had access to the bridal suite upon our arrival, as well as the grounds for photos. Shadowbrook is a gorgeous facility, both inside and out. Our plan, which I highly recommend, was to have the ceremony outside and the cocktail hour inside (although guests can take their food and then sit outside). The flowers on the property by the end of the summer are incredibly beautiful, as is the outdoor space for a ceremony. I spoke with Danny, the General Manager, several times within the 36 hours prior to the ceremony, to understand how and when we would make a call for inside vs. outside. He was super calming. When we arrived at SB, we were greeted by Danny, Matt, our Maître D, and Stephanie, our bridal assistant, all waiting for our arrival. From the moment we arrived until we left, they catered to our needs. Matt was amazingly attentive but also incredibly calm, as little things came up that needed my attention. Stephanie was also amazingly helpful. We had an issue with the bustle on my daughter’s dress, which Stephanie expertly solved. We were introduced to our table waitress while we were taking pictures. She told us that she would have a table reserved for us during the cocktail hour. She whisked us away to that table immediately as the ceremony ended and brought us some food and drink. That was incredibly important – to eat something – before we began to circulate. It took maybe 10 minutes, and it really assured a perfect night. She continued to cater to our needs at the party. My one regret is that I was too excited and involved to really have an appetite. What I did taste was simply delicious, but I didn’t sample nearly enough. I’d like to go back as a guest!! All of our guests raved about the food, the quantity, the quality, the presentation. Shadowbrook is known to have an outrageous cocktail hour. Our guests, who have been to plenty of nice affairs, spoke about our wedding as one of the best they had ever attended. Shadowbrook had a lot to do with that. The service was impeccable; many of our guests also commented on that. Also the flow of the evening was perfect. We have been to many weddings that seem to drag – too much time spent sitting, not enough time for dancing. We worked with Mark (and our band, Renegades, also spectacular – see that review) to describe our vision in terms of the pacing of the party and they made it come to life. We absolutely loved our experience with Shadowbrook. From beginning to end, they were good listeners, accommodating to our needs, and delivered excellence. If I had to do it all over again, there is almost nothing that I would feel a need to do differently. Check out Shadowbrook, you won’t be disappointed.

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Samantha W

If I could give higher than 5 stars, I would. We worked with Amy from the start. When she said that we don't have to worry about a thing, she was spot on. If you are looking for a turn-key operation (all-inclusive), you seriously do not need to look elsewhere. They are now part... Read More of The Seasons and Venetian owners, which are extremely well known in NJ for their food and service. Everything from the grounds of the mansion, to the food, cake venue (Palermo), SERVICE, bridal attendant, bar tender, you name it... the guests will want to come back for another event. There is more food than you could even imagine with NO lines during the cocktail hour!! And the service was top notch. Guests never comment about the service, but all we heard after the wedding is that their drink was never empty and the food was unbelievable. Everything from the chairs and linens to the food and décor, you literally just bring yourself the day of and you are ready to party!!

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 H T

This place was UNBELIEVABLE,hands down the best time I've ever had in my life. The food was amazing, all of the guests were blown away, and they literally treat you like a VIP with your own secret service. Unreal , 4 months later and we still get compliments. Amazing!

Reviewed on 8/18/2017 Kristy L

Words will never be able to truly describe how amazing Shadowbrook and staff are. Our wedding was an absolute dream come true and I would give anything to relive it! Our guests are still raving about how gorgeous the venue itself is as well as how delicious the food was. Dan and... Read More Amy were wonderful throughout the whole planning process and were extremely understanding of a nervous out of state bride. Matt and Stephanie made sure that the day/night went as smooth as possible and the attention that was given to us and our family will never be forgotten!

Reviewed on 8/04/2017 Emily L

We cannot THANK the staff of Shadowbrook at Shrewsbury enough for our incredible dream-come-true Wedding! We were so impressed by the incredible people who made our Wedding so perfect! Mark, Dan, and Amy were so helpful in the planning of our wedding reception and reassured... Read More us that everything would be great – and it was better than we could have ever imagined! Stephanie and Matt were so attentive and helped us along each step of the way on our day, we had no stress at all and we could enjoy every single moment. Matt and Stephanie – you truly are amazing! You were so professional and supportive throughout the entire evening. The cocktail hour was just overwhelming. We received calls and messages from our guests for weeks afterward raving about the food. Dinner was just perfect and the Viennese Dessert Hour was like a dream! Overall, the food at Shadowbrook was exceptional and the service and bar staff were a delight! We highly recommend the Shadowbrook at Shrewsbury – and hope we can get invited to a wedding there sometime soon!! 😊

Reviewed on 7/30/2017 hjhjj j

Reviewed on 7/15/2017 Nicole H

The moment we drove up to the Shadowbrook we knew that we had found our venue! Not only is the venue itself absolutely stunning... but the staff was extremely accommodating & the service was top notch! We were in contact with Amy, Danny and Mark (the owner) throughout the entire... Read More process, & they were always attentive to all of our questions, concerns & requests. From day one we had our hearts set on having both our ceremony & cocktail hour in the outdoor garden area knowing that this could be greatly affected by the weather. Leading up the wedding they were in constant contact with us & assured us that they would do everything in their power to help our vision come to life. Unfortunately the morning of our wedding the forecast called for very high temperatures & a chance of rain... we were forced to move our cocktail hour indoors. We lucked out & were able to have a beautiful, romantic outdoor ceremony. The cocktail hour was not what we had originally pictured in our heads, instead it exceeded all of our expectations!!! They displayed all of the food (beautifully) indoors & opened up the french doors on both sides of the mansion so that our guests were free to eat/drink on the tables outside, listen to our band & explore the gardens. Stephanie was my bridal attendant & Matt was our maitre d' and they were both amazing... accommodating every possible need! It was actually like they were reading our minds the whole night! Our guests are still raving about every aspect of our wedding! The food is out of this world, the service is unmatched, & there were so many tiny details that just set this apart from any other wedding we've been to. From providing our guests with cool, scented towels after the ceremony, to the fresh mozzarella cheese being made in front of our guests, to the shots being passed out on the dance floor (as per our request)! We could not say enough good things about this place! Thank you to everyone for an absolutely amazing, flawless wedding!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Grace R

Danny, Mark, Amy, Matt and Stephanie and the rest of the staff all did a phenomenal job from start to finish!! We fell in love with the old world charm of the building and from the time we booked to our wedding date things only changed for the better with updates throughout the... Read More property that just made things even more beautiful! Throughout the process Amy never got annoyed despite my thousand and one questions! They accommodated all of our requests without a bat of an eye and made sure to take care of everything the day of so we didn't need a day of event planner. We ended up deciding to join our guests during cocktail hour and we were very happy we did because we got to eat and enjoy all of the food! Everyone always says you never eat at your own wedding - but thanks to Stephanie this certainly wasn't the case throughout the evening! We got to taste everything - all of the food was excellent! Our guests are still raving how extensive cocktail hour and the Viennese hour were. The service was also top notch - the tables were spotless and the shots & drinks were endless - we did not go a moment without drinks in our hands. We had so many people come up and tell us this was the best wedding they've ever been to. Thank you for everything you guys did to make it a fairy tale wedding for us! We will definitely be back! :)

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 Gina G

When my husband and I first started looking at venues we decided we wanted to look at no more than five halls. The Shadowbrook was number six. We are so glad that we decided to look at one more! When we first toured the hall they were still in the process of making a few... Read More renovations. After speaking with Mark, Dan and Amy we knew we were in good hands and trusted that they finished product would blow us away. The estate is spectacular and every inch is kept in pristine condition. They kept in touch with us every step of the way and were always available. By the time our wedding day came, I felt like they were old friends. Everything about our reception was absolutely fantastic. The place is run like a well-oiled machine. The staff is constantly in communication with one another via earpieces and knew when we had to be where. Our guests were blown away by the cocktail hour and still devoured their entrées. The maître d, Matthew, was extremely attentive and went out of his way to cater to my mother in law the whole night and made her feel really special. My bridal attendant, Victoria, was my absolute favorite person in the world that day. She was cool, calm and collected the whole night and her attitude put me at ease. She did everything! My wine glass was always full, my dress was fluffy and I was able to enjoy the night. I hope that I get to attend a wedding there as a guest one day so I can really soak it all in. To be honest, there is no shortage of wedding venues in New Jersey. You can find a dance floor anywhere. You can’t always find GOOD people who are passionate and knowledgeable about what they do. This can make all the difference in the world.

Reviewed on 6/02/2017 Michelle M

Shadowbrook at Shrewsbury exceeded all of our expectations. Our wedding was absolutely perfect! We are still hearing from our guests, 2 months later, about how great the service and food were! We wouldn't have changed a single thing!

Reviewed on 3/29/2017 Danielle H

Everything was 100% PERFECT. After our wedding I even received a "thank you" card from one of our guests, because the food and service were both so good. My only complaint is that they are SO on top of it, they kicked us out on time for the next wedding while we were still... Read More having so much fun but I get it :)( they did have a wedding 1 hour later). .

Reviewed on 3/26/2017 Deanna B

Just had our wedding on March 18 and could not have asked for anything more. From the very beginning, the staff at the Shadowbrook did everything they could to make sure we had the best day ever. Everyone was so professional and easy to work with. On the day of, our maitre d and... Read More bridal attendant were absolutely phenomenal, anticipating our needs before we even knew what we needed. And the food. Oh my. Beyond words. Everyone was floored by the cocktail hour and the dinner that followed was just as good, the only complaint we heard was that people were running out of room in their bellys to eat everything. They really did everything to make it a magical night and could not have asked for anything more.

Reviewed on 3/03/2017 Inna B

From our very first meeting until our wedding day, the staff at Shadowbrook has been the most professional and helpful in executing our wedding vision. Our guests were blown away by the amazing and endless food and the charm of the grounds. The maitre'd and bridal attendant were... Read More there helping the whole night run smoothly. We had booked an evening winter wedding in the oak room with cocktail hour in the other halls/rooms. It ended up being a very warm day and we were able to utilize the grounds for outdoor pictures. Would highly recommend The Shadowbrook for anyone looking for an elegant venue, incredible and plentiful food and drinks, and a stellar staff to execute your event!

Reviewed on 1/25/2017 Nicole D

We cannot even begin to express the appreciation we have for the owners and staff at Shadowbrook. If we were to choose 1 word to describe our wedding day it would be “magical”. Jimmy was an absolute pleasure to work with and really took the time to review all the details with us... Read More to ensure our wedding day was flawless. Dan and Mark were not only so helpful but so nice! The day before our wedding, November 17th, we received a phone call that they recommend our wedding ceremony be outside IN NOVEMBER (expected to be in the low 60s which was rare)! They were so confident it was the right choice they happily set-up the entire outside with flowers, heat lamps, and torches after it was already disassembled for winter. The thought and work they put into our ceremony was above and beyond! We so appreciated there every effort to make the day so memorable. The outside ceremony was simply breathtaking (they were right). Matt and Stephanie, OMG! They were SAINTS! They were always 10 steps ahead of us and knew what we were going to need or ask before we even did. Our bridal party (who have been in a ton of weddings) were in awe at how attentive they were the entire day. They were blown away! During the reception the staff was impeccable. My grandfather asked if we paid the staff extra to follow him around to make sure he was good (we did not pay extra). That is how GREAT the service was! Beyond the service and staff you will get the most amazing and high quality food there is to offer. Everything from the cocktail hour to the main course to the dessert was flawless. They even made special touches to fit our preferences like an IPA bar and gator bites! The venue itself was also gorgeous with the stunning details inside and out. As beautiful as this venue was it somehow still felt warm and inviting. We were absolutely BLOWN AWAY by how incredible our wedding was. It was above and beyond what we ever imagined. THANK YOU AGAIN from the bottom of our hearts for treating us like royalty and family. ~Nicole & Steven 11/18/16~

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Olivia R

One Word: INCREDIBLE. That is the best way to describe everything about this venue. We got married on 9/25/2016 and from the time we went to tour this place through the day of our wedding we couldn’t have been more thrilled with everything about, and everything involved in... Read More having our wedding here. Everything they said they would deliver they not only met our expectations but greatly exceeded them. On the day we booked our date, we were somewhat nervous that we’d “only” have 8-9 months to plan everything. Mark and Amy told us not to worry that they would help us find our vendors and be there to help us every step of the way. And when they followed through with that it just put our minds at ease that we were in good hands. We knew we could trust them and that’s important. Mark, Danny, Amy and the entire Shadowbrook staff are extremely professional, responsive, easy to work with and even though they are extremely busy, they do the little things and go the extra mile to make sure you feel important. They all came to see us on the day of our wedding and congratulate us. All of the little details they make sure to pay attention to and that’s before we ever talk about anything relating to the actual day of the wedding. So let’s get to that: first, the venue is absolutely gorgeous and the recently finished remodeling has given the place an extra touch of class. We had our ceremony and cocktail hour outside and it was simply stunning, we can’t wait to get our pictures back. The ballroom looked amazing and intimate. One other thing to point out is that a lot of brides and grooms don’t fully get to enjoy the experience of their big day because they’re running around busy, greeting guests, etc. Shadowbrook made sure that we got some time to ourselves to step back and enjoy it all and that was really appreciated. Quality of Service – unbelievable. Our guests are still raving about not only how much food there was at the cocktail hour, but also the quality of it. Some of guests told us it was the best food they’ve had at a wedding. During the reception, they have a dedicated server at every table meaning that no one went to long without a drink and didn’t always have to go up to the bar to get one. Everything about Shadowbrook and the staff is first class. We’d like to thank Mark, Danny, Amy, our Maitre D, bridal attendant, and entire Shadowbrook staff for making our day even better then we possibly could have imagined. We will be forever grateful.

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Olivia L

The Shadowbrook exceeded all of my expectations! From day one I felt taken care of. The food was amazing and all of my guests said it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding. Our maitre'd took care of everything and made the nigh run smoothly (and my bridal attendant was... Read More super attendant). I enjoyed the entire night and was never worried about anything going wrong. Down to the smallest detail, the Shadowbrook was there to make sure you had a wedding night that was special to you and memorable for guests.

Reviewed on 8/21/2016 Amanda K

When we began venue searching, we came across Shadowbrook. We immediately fell in love with historical, Victorian charm. After a few ups and downs with changes being made to the venue, we couldn't be happier with the way our wedding turned out. Mark made sure we were happy... Read More every step of the way and went out of his way to learn about our food likes and dislikes. Brittany, our bridal attendant, and Matt, our Maitre d' were absolutely phenomenal. They were on top of everything the day of the wedding and made sure all of the pictures we wanted to take before the wedding were taken. They were a step ahead and made sure everything was perfect. The food was absolutely amazing. I generally do not enjoy food at weddings; however, the food was absolutely fantastic. The service was impeccable. We couldn't ask for a more beautiful, perfect venue. If we were given the opportunity to have our wedding again, we wouldn't change a thing! Shadowbrook is a truly one of a kind place!

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Kimberly B

I really do not know where to begin. Our experience with Shadowbrook was fantastic in every way. My husband and I could not have been happier with everything!! The planning process: Shadowbrook was so great during the entire process. Jana was always so helpful answering random... Read More questions we had (and we had quite a few), and it really put us at ease. Amy and Mark were also great when we were directed to them. Mark was also very helpful with the menu. The wedding day: Danny was so organized and again, put us immediately at ease. He was so professional, and we immediately felt confident that everything was under control. He worked with our vendors to make sure everything was set up correctly and would run seamlessly - which it did!! We are so grateful for all of his help and for taking all of the stress off of us! Brittany (the bridal attendant) was also incredible! She was by our side the entire day. My husband and I did not have to worry about a thing! Every time we needed her for something she was there. My bridesmaids and I could not get over how helpful she was and how we would have been lost without her. Professional and so sweet, it was like she read our minds the entire day. Brittany, thank you so much for everything! Ceremony: We had our ceremony outside, and it was so beautiful. The garden is so well kept (which we knew from the first moment that we saw it). Cocktail hour: After the ceremony, Brittany brought my husband and me upstairs to the bridal suite while the guests and bridal party started downstairs. She brought up a wide selection of food just for us. We went down for the second half of cocktail hour where we got to mingle with our guests. I'm sure you can handle cocktail hour however you like, but we took Shadowbrook's suggestion and went up for the first half. It was such a memorable part of our night. We were glowing after the ceremony and it was so nice to take 30 minutes to just be alone with one another and take everything in! Also, once we got down to the cocktail hour, we were happily overwhelmed with seeing everyone and would probably not have had much food otherwise. So many of our guests said that the cocktail hour spread was remarkable; a few guests did not realize there was dinner afterward since there was just so much food! Reception: SO MUCH FUN and it just flew by. There was plenty of room for our band and still lots of room on the dance floor! (Side note: The ASAP band was incredible. The energy they brought to the reception was like nothing else - so many people told us they never saw so many guests up on the dance floor). The bar was regal and a fun spot for guests. The food and service was also great, as expected! After the wedding: We are still receiving compliments from guests RAVING about the wedding! It's such a great feeling to know our family and friends had such an amazing time. From the food and drinks, to the service, to the beautiful estate and grounds, we are still glowing!