Shadowbrook at Shrewsbury

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

Bow2010

1 Obre Place, Shrewsbury, NJ

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Kate H

Words can not even begin to describe the experience that the Shadowbrook provides. My husband and I had our wedding at the Shadowbrook in July. I am the absolute hardest person to please and I am EXTREMELY particular. The Shadowbrook absolutely blew me away in terms of their... Read More service, attention to detail, and the quality of their food. I had booked with the original owners in June of 2014. And when I received the news of new ownership I was very nervous. The Shadowbrook is a very classic estate and has a very particular charm to it, I was nervous that under the new owner ship the renovations would cause the venue to lose that charm. I had periodically visited to see the updates and they were fantastic. The new owners helped restore the mansion in a way that made it 100 times better than it was when we first booked. The day of the wedding it was an absolute tortential downpour, the weather was horrible, but once every one was inside the cocktail hour that was quickly forgotten. The food was in such abundance and such high quality my guests were besides themselves. Room after room after room FILLED with every type of food you can imagine. Every type of h'ors dourves you could think of was passed. The ice luge with every type of liquor to chill your shot, the exquisite sushi display and the room filled with an Italian feast are just a FEW of the stations we had at our cocktail hour. The seated dinner was phenomenal, our guests could not believe how amazing every tasted. All of their food is such amazing quality. The most outstanding was the vienese hour. My guests were saying they walked into Willy Wanka's chocolate factory. Chocolate fountains, every type of cookie, cake, pastry and cordial was served. Crepes, waffles, ice cream and gelato carts, cotton candy, pop corn, just to name a few. It was a completely unreal experience. Aside from the absolute over the top phenomenal food, the service is exquisite. The Maitre Brittany was on another level as was the bridal attendant Stephanie. Everytime I turned around she had a fresh drink waiting for me and my husband. She had plates of every type of food offered at cocktail hour set aside for us so that we didn't miss anything, same for the vienese hour. The both of them were absolutely phenomenal and could not have provided better service. Each table in the ballroom had their own server. Our guests didn't need to leave their table, except of course to dance. The servers brought them their drinks, took their orders, brought them shots. What ever our guests wanted, the servers took care of it. I have never been to a wedding where the service was so on point and so accomodating for guests. The Shadowbrook at Shrewsbury knows how to host an event. The new owners worked with us to ensure all of our requests were met and went above and beyond to make sure that we were pleased. If I could do it all over again I wouldn't go anywhere else. This venue and the owners are top notch. I am praying that a friend gets married there so I can go back and experience it all over again. The grounds and gardens are beautiful and had it not been a monsoon outside we would have had our cocktail our and photos outside. This venue is so gorgeous and has so much to offer. It truly wish we could do it all over again!!

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Lara M

We booked the Shadowbrook back in October 2014 with the original owners. I loved the vintage look and feel. Also, my parents had their reception there back in 1979 so the history behind it really attracted us to the venue. When I found out about the new owners, I was definitely... Read More concerned that those details that I fell in love with would be taken away. For the two years leading up to our wedding day, we would often visit to see the progression of the changes. By the time we got married in June 2016, the renovations had subsided and we were so impressed. The updates were definitely necessary but enhanced all those feelings I felt the first time we saw the venue back in 2014. The new owners still kept that old world charm but brought the Shadowbrook to life. On the day of our wedding, we had the most perfect weather. Our ceremony/cocktail hour were outside and everything surpassed our expectations. The food was absolutely PHENOMENAL and the service was out of this world. Danny made us feel like celebrities and made sure that everything went perfect that day. My bridal attendants were so helpful and attentive and really took any stress away. The operations of this venue are absolutely impeccable. The staff worked so well together and really made sure it was the perfect day. Our friends and family are still raving about it!! It was the best day of our lives and we cannot thank the staff enough for helping our dreams become a reality.

Reviewed on 6/24/2016 E H

Our guests' experience mattered more to us than our own, and they were THRILLED! We received so many compliments on the food, place, and service. Everyone commented about how beautiful the mansion and grounds looked - "like a dream"! Everything was meticulously maintained and... Read More nothing short of spectacular (note they've refreshed much of the place, including stunning marble floors). As for food, most people enjoyed cocktail hour so much, they couldn't even finish their dinners - although everyone took at least a bite and commented that the food was top notch. We were also stuffed from cocktail hour so couldn't eat much but made it a point to try everything on our table and loved it all. Our salads were crisp and fresh, mains absolutely delicious, and each dish just looked fabulous! We were in our suite for most of cocktail hour so checked in with our guests (especially outspoken family members :)) on food variety and speed of service - amazing feedback all around. As for service, our guests were pleasantly surprised by the level of attention - one of my husband's friends joked that as he turned around during dinner to look at something beyond his table, one of the servers rushed to check if he needed anything. This is exactly what I wanted to hear from my guests! We also had a fantastic experience working with everyone, starting with amazing Amy! The very sweet and generous owner met with us early on during planning finalization to tie out some details and share advice - very detail oriented and helpful, even advised on dietary restrictions by dish! We met with Maitre D Jerry a few days before the wedding to drop off wedding items and review the final plan - we LOVED him! Very easy to deal with and insightful - took care of every detail and all of our requests (surprise for groom mid-reception, add'l groom's dessert with special service instructions, etc.). Jerry managed the whole event and staff flawlessly. Similarly, bridal attendant Brittany was Super Woman - she took her job very seriously (and sweetly!) and took incredible care of us throughout the day. We were in our suite after the ceremony for most of cocktail hour and she made sure to bring up multiple rounds of food so we can try most dishes (impossible to try all upstairs) + emergency spot cleaning when I spilled some food :). She shadowed us throughout the night, making sure we looked perfect for all photos and didn't need a thing. At the end of the night, she packed everything for us and made our families' jobs so much easier! Fantastic service all around - we couldn't have picked a better venue and team!

Reviewed on 5/07/2016 Nicole P

Our wedding at the Shadowbrook in August of 2015 was above and beyond what we could have ever imaged! We booked our wedding around the time of the change in ownership, and were incredibly pleased with the professional and helpful staff. The already gorgeous grounds and... Read More building were transformed into a more modern take on this historic estate between our first trip there and our wedding day. Our ceremony was performed on-site in gorgeous gardens which transformed into a backdrop of our monogram for the guests to view from the reception. The cocktail hour was overflowing with spectacular displays of food and drinks, and our guests marveled at how delicious and perfect everything was. We were able to quickly take care of pictures and our bridal assistant Brittany made sure that we had time to ourselves in our bridal suite to sample EVERY bit of food that our guests were dining on. We then joined our guests towards the last half of the cocktail hour, and neither us or our guests wanted it to end! Our reception was held in the Oak Room, which was newly outfitted with marble floors to replace the carpeting that was previously there. Our florist worked with the Shadowbrook closely to cover the chandeliers in flowers, and to outline the room with tea lights to create the classic warm feeling room that I had envisioned. The reception was again full of delicious foods, from the appetizers to the desserts. There is no shortage of food, and to top it off, the food is some of the best I have ever had at a wedding. The caring staff including Brittany, Danny, Jerry and Mark made sure to make us feel like they were as invested in the success of our event as if it were their own wedding. There were no issues, no complaints, nothing I would have changed about the day. I couldn't be happier with our decision to hold both our ceremony and our reception at the Shadowbrook and would highly recommend it to everyone looking for a wedding venue in NJ.

Reviewed on 5/01/2016 danielle i

We decided to go look at Shadowbrook because we knew people that have got married at The Venetian as well as Seasons and were blown away by their service and great food. When we heard the same owners bought Shadowbrook we knew we had to go look! The renovations were being... Read More started when we went and they still had a lot to do. Mark told us everything would be done by the time we got married and he was right. It looks amazing, such a great transformation. Mark and Yana were such a pleasure to work with! When we arrived at Shadowbrook we were greeted by Brittany and Danny. I can not say enough about both of them they were beyond amazing!! Amazing venue, staff and service! We could not of picked a better place to get married.

Reviewed on 4/27/2016 Marian V

We got married in Shadowbrook on Sunday April 3, 2016. Hands down the best wedding we can ever imagine. Even our guests kept raving about Shadowbrook and up until now we still get feedback how it was the best wedding ever. It had the charm that we were looking for. We wanted... Read More something cozy, has that old world charm, classy and different from all the other wedding venues in New Jersey. We booked with the previous owners of Shadowbrook so when we heard that it was sold we were worried but our apprehensions went away when we found out the owners of Venetian took over. They did such an amazing job with the renovations. The place now has more glitz and glam with the old world charm which exactly fit our style and exactly what we were looking for. The place is perfect! The grounds were gorgeous and I'm so happy that even if it was cold and windy we were still able to take gorgeous pictures outside. We are so thankful to Mark and Danny coz they thought and gave us the downstairs room for our ceremony since our wedding band needed more than an hour and a half to set up at the oak room. Even if I had hoped for an outside ceremony, our inside ceremony turned out to be perfect as well. Now the food!! Best wedding food ever! I'm saying this not because it is our wedding but we have been to many weddings before but this is by far the best. Me and my husband are certified foodies so trust me on this one. Our guests were blown away by the food during our cocktail hour. It was overflowing with amazing food. It had anything and everything you can think of. Amazing display and passed hors d'oeuvre. I had chateaubriand for dinner and it was perfectly cooked like how i want it, medium rare, tender and flavorful. The vintage bar is one of my favorites! They kept the look which we love. We enjoyed the bar and so did our guests. ;) Lastly, at the end of the day it's the service that matters the most. Brittany was an amazing bridal attendant. She made me feel comfortable right away, knows exactly what she's doing and I wasn't wrong when i trusted the she has all our needs under control. Danny is great to work with also. He is available for us at all times and he is an expert at what he does. Jana and Amy are also great. I would hear back from them right away whenever I have questions and concerns. They are easy to get in touch with and made me feel at ease from the day we booked up until our wedding day. We are very pleased and very much satisfied with our experience. We had the wedding of our dreams at the Shadowbrook.

Reviewed on 4/17/2016 Heather B

From the second that we walked into Shadowbrook, we knew we had found our venue. The entire place is stunning, matching old world charm with careful updates. During the planning process we worked with Amy and Dan, both of whom were extremely helpful, not to mention friendly.... Read More All of our questions were answered, and all of our special requests were accommodated. Now, 2 weeks after our wedding, we are still having people reach out to us to say that we had the best wedding they have ever been to and they want to have their weddings at Shadowbrook. The abundance and quality of the food was incomparable. The cocktail hour was spread throughout multiple rooms, and everything was delicious. The service was that of a 5 star restaurant, and the Viennese hour, which opened with a fire show, is making my mouth water just thinking about it. I also have to thank Brittany, our bridal attendant. She was phenomenal. She anticipated needs I didn't even know I had until she had addressed them. And Dan, our Maitre'D ensured that everything ran like clock work. When I was disappointed that we couldn't have the ceremony outside as we had planned, due to weather, Dan set-up our sweetheart table under the chuppah, which looked stunning. The only critique I would offer is that we were only allowed to arrive 2 hours early for pictures. I was concerned this wouldn't be enough time, and I was right. So my suggestion to anyone who books the Shadowbrook (which I can't urge you enough to do) would be to ask to come earlier, unless you aren't doing a first look. Then it shouldn't matter.

Reviewed on 12/06/2015 Megan P

We spent an amazing night at Shadowbrook celebrating the baptism of our godson. The service was absolutely amazingly from start to finish! Anything we asked for was immediately satisfied by the staff. Everyone was extremely attentive the entire night. I especially want to... Read More recommend Jerry, Matt, and Stephanie who went out of their way to make our event extra special and stress-free. Such great service I just had to recommend it!!!!

Reviewed on 11/09/2015 Meghan Y

My husband and I cannot express how much we LOVED the Shadowbrook. We booked under the previous owners and were a little hesitant when we received the email telling us there were new owners. We met with Danny and Mark and were blown away. They made sure our day was going to... Read More go perfect, and it did. Communication was easy, and we always received a quick response. Our maitre'd Jerry was phenomenal. He ran the show and did a fabulous job. Our bridal attendant Brittany was awesome!! She brought us food from cocktail hour up to the bridal suite to make sure my husband and I ate before we mingled with our guests; she made sure we always had a cold drink in our hand; she helped change my shoes and help me to the bathroom! Our guests are still raving about our wedding. The food was fantastic, cocktail hour was amazing. We cannot recommend the Shadowbrook enough!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Chris M

A simple review truly cannot incorporate the sheer happiness The Shadowbrook brought to my now wife and I on our wedding day. But we will give it a shot. A little over a year ago we booked The Shadowbrook with the previous owner and couldn’t have been any happier or excited... Read More to begin the planning process. A couple months in we found out that the venue was sold to new owners. My fiancé and I reluctantly went in to meet the new owners/management and were told of all these new plans they had to “update The Shadowbrook”. The problem we had was we loved the venue as is and really didn’t want to see it changed. That day Mark and Amy asked us to simply trust them and that we wouldn’t be disappointed. The Shadowbrook BLEW AWAY our expectations. FOOD: The cocktail hour was unbelievable. The amount of food, the quality of food and the presentation of food truly left us speechless. Everywhere we looked there was something else. As we walked around every guest could not stop raving about the variety different stations set up. If you name it they had it. The cocktail hour set HIGH expectations and the seated dinner met those expectations. Salad and crab cake were delicious, entrees were all cooked to perfection. Entrée of the night was the Chilean Sea bass. Food was all served hot and cooked to perfection, which sometimes can be a challenge when serving that many people. Then came the after party…after a couple drinks what’s better than egg sandwiches, sliders, hotdogs, pizzas, disco fries, ice cream sandwiches? Food beginning to end was 5 out of 5 stars. SERVICE: The quality of food was truly matched by the quality of service. Mark and his staff rocked. Exceeded all of our expectations. Drinks were always full, everything was immaculately clean and food was constantly being served. Staff was unbelievably friendly and accommodating. A special thanks to Jerry, the Maitre D’ and Brittany, The Bridal Attendant. Jerry put on a show managing the evening. Everything ran like clockwork and completely allowed my fiancé and I to relax. He couldn’t have been any more organized, accommodating and friendly. Brittany stole the show. From the second we walked into the door until the second we left she didn’t give us the opportunity to ever have the need to ask for anything. My fiancé and I honestly cannot say enough great things about her. Anything and everything we needed she gave. She was so sincere and helpful throughout the entire day. She is the type of person that a Bride and Groom could only dream about having to help out the day of their wedding. ATMOSPHERE: When we first booked The Shadowbrook we really thought we found the venue of our dreams. We were wrong…the NEW and IMPROVED Shadowbrook became the venue of our dreams. The grounds/gardens were immaculate, the fall décor inside and outside gave that warm touch and the new renovations to floors and hall ways really cleaned the place up. It looks amazing! Cannot wait to see what else they have in store. My wife and I hope down the road that we are invited to a wedding at The Shadowbrook just to experience the day all over again. We would recommend this venue to anyone and everyone. We sincerely wish every bride and groom could experience the service, hospitality and experience we did. Again a special thanks to Mark (especially for all those pumpkins), Amy, Jana, Jerry and Brittany. You guys made this a day we will NEVER forget.

Reviewed on 10/14/2015

Our daughter was married at Shadowbrook on a picture perfect Friday night in September. We could not have imagined such a spectacular night. The atmosphere, food, service and attention to detail was beyond words. The new owners have made some tasteful changes to the facility... Read More making the place even more beautiful. Our daughter felt at ease the whole evening and got to enjoy her special day not having to worry about a thing. A special thanks to her bridal attendant, Brittany who followed her around all evening attending to her every need. Jerry, who was in charge of our event, was fantastic. He attended to all the details during the evening, was very personable and made sure everything went like clockwork. The wedding was beyond our expectations, from the outside wedding ceremony and elegant outdoor cocktail hour to the classy reception in the Oak Room. Our guests have been calling to tell us it was the best wedding they have ever attended. They all raved about the delicious food, the service and mostly how beautiful the venue was. Thanks to Danny and Mark, the new owners for making Shadowbrook such a luxurious venue . We would highly recommend this venue if you are looking for a place to have your wedding.

Reviewed on 10/11/2015 Lauren G

Our wedding reception was held at the Shadowbrook 3 weeks ago and the compliments are still rolling in! It was certainly an extraordinary wedding affair and the most memorable night of our lives. Amy, our wedding coordinator, was so helpful throughout the entire process and... Read More was always available to answer any and all of our questions. Although we were concerned with the shift in ownership after we booked the venue, she made us feel comfortable and definitely helped make the transition an easy one. She did an amazing job in helping us coordinate such an amazing wedding. Everything was delicious, presentation was gorgeous, and the grounds and ballroom were impeccable. We also received amazing service from the Maitre D, Jerry, and the Bridal Attendant, Brittany. Anything we needed, they were one step ahead of us! All I can say was we had the time of our lives and we wanted to thank Mark, the new owner, for helping make the wedding of our dreams a reality.

Reviewed on 5/27/2015 Ashley S

I had no idea that Shadowbrook had been taken over by the Venetian until we went in for an unexpected appointment one evening, which had my husband and I very hesitant. What was very worrisome at first ended up being the best thing that could've ever happened for us. The... Read More management and staff throughout the last 2 months of our wedding made it the least bit stressful and it could not have turned out more perfect. Our contract was honored with a few unexpected but very generous upgrades and we were so blown away by how attentive all the staff was the day of our wedding. The maitre de was unbelievable, nothing went unnoticed and we never had to go out of our way for anything. We could not have been happier with the way our wedding turned out, it was truly a dream come true. I highly recommend Shadowbrook and their fantastic new ownership for any bride & groom looking to host their dream wedding. Thank you SO much!!!

Great day!

Reviewed on 1/21/2015 Kimberly C

My special day was stress free thanks to the professionals at Shadowbrook. They took care of everything, so I didn't have to worry. They were accommodating, as I brought my own decorations for both inside and out, as well as centerpieces. Friends and family loved the cocktail... Read More hour, they raved about how much food they got. The dance floor was the perfect size, even with an 8 piece band.

A PERFECT MATCH

Reviewed on 1/16/2015

Review My wedding occurred on October 12, 2014 and my guests are still raving about it! From the first moment I walked through their doors, Shadowbrook exceeded all my expectations! The surroundings are beautiful, the food is exceptional, and the entire staff was professional... Read More and courteous! A special thanks to Linda and Jana who made themselves readily available and assisted me in so many ways, making me feel like my wedding was their priority! Also, to Leona, George and Ellen who were extremely attentive and accommodating to me, as well as all of my guests! I can only say WONDERFUL things about EVERY ASPECT of my experience with Shadowbrook and give the highest recommendation! They were a "PERFECT MATCH" for us!

A Perfect Day!!

Reviewed on 4/09/2012 nikki s

After celebrating 3 family weddings at the Shadowbrook, I knew from the moment of my engagement that I would continue our family tradition of having a beautiful wedding at the Shadowbrook. We met with Lynda, who was absolutely wonderful to work with. The Shadowbrook was even... Read More more beautiful than I remembered it and we couldnt believe all of the extras that were included in each wedding package. I wanted elegance and no other place even compared to the Shadowbrook! The staff at the Shadowbrook was so helpful each and every time I had a question or request. I only had about 5 months to plan my wedding and thanks to the staff at Shadowbrook, they made it much smoother for me. Even though the weather did not cooperate, it really didnt seem to matter. Once I arrived at the Shadowbrook, there could have been a hurricane outside and I wouldnt have even known it. Being inside the Shadowbrook was just as nice as having a sunny day! When I arrived at the Shadowbrook on my wedding day, I was greeted by Lynda and Freddy and some others who were there for me throughout the entire evening. The Shadowbrook gave us a perfect, beautiful wedding day with memories that will last us a lifetime. There is nothing that I would change. We are so grateful to The Zweben Family and their Shadowbrook staff!

Gorgeous!

Reviewed on 12/23/2014

Shadowbrook is worth every penny. We had a small intimate affair at Shadowbrook on November the 9th of sixty people. We had the ceremony at the small gazebo out front underneath the stars and the reception was in the Victorian Room. It was beautiful and exactly what I wanted.... Read More They did everything I could think of and was always so helpful!!

Fairy Tale Wedding!

Reviewed on 12/01/2014 Dana K

My wedding was held at the Shadowbrook on Saturday, November 29, and it was a dream come true! From the beginning, from the day we visited Shadowbrook and booked our wedding, I had complete confidence in Shadowbrook. The staff responded to my emails and calls immediately and... Read More answered all questions completely and clearly. This took a great deal of stress out of the wedding planning process. The wedding itself was so well organized, the food was phenomenal and plentiful (the cocktail hour was out of this world!), and the decor was exquisite. We could not have been happier! We lost track of the number of guests who told us that our wedding was the best they had attended. Now we are hoping that we are invited to a Shadowbrook wedding so that we can enjoy everything once again as guests.

A lovely October wedding at Shadowbrook

Reviewed on 11/21/2014 Naomi S

One of the most important factors in choosing a venue was personalized service in which the staff at the venue was conscious of our needs and wants. After looking at several venues we knew that Shadowbrook had to be it. The Zweben family as well as some key players in making our... Read More day so special, Jana, Freddy, and Leona, all made the planning process and day of a dream come true. Staff was so attentive to bride and groom as well as each one of our guests. We couldn't have asked for a more enchanting ceremony in the garden just after dark ("fairy tale" "movie scene" "dream" just to quote how a few of the guests described the ceremony) and a fun elevated at home feel of the reception. We hope to celebrate at the Shadowbrook again with friends and family!

September 27th Wedding

Reviewed on 10/22/2014

Before we visited Shadowbrook we thought we had already decided on a venue, but when we walked through the doors we became less sure. Then when we saw the Oak Room we knew we needed to have our wedding here instead! The venue is beautiful, both the grounds outside and the inside... Read More of the building. Everyone there was extremely nice, especially Amy who helped us plan everything. All of our guests told us how wonderful the place was and I heard from many people how delicious all of the food was! We are both very happy we chose Shadowbrook and would definitely recommend it to future brides and grooms!!

The perfect place for our perfect day!

Reviewed on 10/16/2014 Alessia C

From our first phone call to the Shadowbrook, everything was smooth and easy. You can tell every person that works at the Shadowbrook loves their job and knows how to do it very well. They accommodated all our needs and went above and beyond the day of the wedding to make sure... Read More we had a dream wedding. Thank you everyone at Shadowbrook for an amazing day!!!

Absolutely Fantastic

Reviewed on 10/11/2014 Amy L

FOOD: The cocktail hour food was spectacular! I received so many compliments on how delicious everything was. We went with a seated dinner during the reception and everything seemed pretty great as well. I had the chicken as my entree and that was a bit dry. Other than that, the... Read More menu was perfect and our reception option was done kosher-style! SERVICE: Impeccable. I worked and spoke with all 3 of Shadowbrook's wedding consultants (Lynda, Amy, Jana). Everyone was incredibly helpful and professional. Whatever the bride wanted, the bride got! I was an anxious bride and had so many questions - I literally called Shadowbrook up about once every week for 10 months straight with different questions. The people are so kind and answered everything with speed and accuracy. Without their guidance and great suggestions, I would have had a more difficult time planning my wedding. However, Shadowbrook really has their system down pat! They have a set timeline and paperwork that is easy and clear to fill out. You go in 3 days before your wedding and bring all of your decorations and paperwork. You run through the day and voila! - you're done and stress free for the next 3 days before your wedding! I had a very personalized day because I was planning an interfaith and interracial wedding. I not only had a Jewish ceremony, but I had a tea ceremony as well as a lion dance. The maitre'd and captain took care of all of my requests and made sure that the day of the wedding, everyone was where they were supposed to be. I could not have asked for a more successful wedding day - and as the bride, trust me, having such a supportive venue means EVERYTHING. QUALITY: Fantastic. Shadowbrook keeps their grounds in perfect shape throughout the year. I had an early October wedding and they had flowers blooming in the front and back rose garden. It was absolutely stunning. The inside of the manor is always beautifully adorned. I received so many compliments for how gorgeous the venue is - however, I think the credit needs to go to Shadowbrook for maintaing such high quality all the time! OVERALL: Out of all of the vendors I worked with, the venue was the most important to me (as the bride). I searched for 2 months and finally narrowed down to 3 potential places. When I set foot in Shadowbrook's gorgeous foyer, I knew immediately that I had found the "one". I If you have a vision in mind, Shadowbrook will be backing you up 110% of the way.

Well Worth it and Absolutely Wonderful

Reviewed on 10/02/2014 Kristina R

Shaddowbrook was probably the best choice we made for our entire wedding. The staff is friendly and they really know what they are doing. Everything they work on and do is about you for your event. You'll have a 'planner' of sorts that will walk you through the entire planning... Read More process they'll help you find good vendors such as DJ's and officiants and when your day finally comes they ensure that it goes off without a hitch. The grounds are immaculate and the food is wonderful. I wouldn't suggest any other place on the planet.

Fairytale Wedding

Reviewed on 9/29/2014 Stephanie P

My husband and I recently had our wedding reception at the Shadowbrook in July. It was more than I ever could have imagined. The Shadowbrook was so helpful and easy to work with during the entire planning process. They even accommodated last minute requests that we had during... Read More the week leading up to our wedding. We mainly worked with Lynda during the process. She was so quick to answer our questions and put me at ease when the stress started to set in. The Shadowbrook has such a unique feel and we fell in love it the moment we drove up to it. It was everything that I was looking for and even more. On our wedding day, the grounds were amazingly beautiful. Our cocktail hour was held outside in the garden area. Our guests still talk about how beautiful it was and how the food was amazing. It was also spacious and allowed all of our 250 guests to feel comfortable. The reception flowed perfectly. The wait staff was so helpful and kind to all of our guests. They were always there with drink for my husband and I. They also made sure we took the time to sit and eat our meals- which were DELICIOUS. Guests were served fresh fruit, salad, bread, sorbet, their choice of a main course, and dessert. The international coffee bar was also a great addition to our night. While dancing with my dad, he told me that he was so happy that I was able to have my fairytale wedding. And he was completely right. The Shadowbrook allowed me to have the wedding I had always dreamed of and I cannot thank them enough!

Amazing Venue!

Reviewed on 9/28/2014 Alina B

We got married on 5/31/14, and had our reception at the Shadowbrook. From the first day we met Amy, our main contact at Shadowbrook, we knew we were in good hands and that this was the place for us to celebrate our big day! Every little detail was absolutely perfect, and we... Read More have gotten (and are still getting) so many positive comments about how beautiful our wedding was, what a great venue with picked, and what excellent service and food the Shadowbrook had! Whenever I had a question or concern, Amy answered my emails almost immediately. The day of the event, our maitre d', Freddie, made sure that all of our needs were met and that everything ran smoothly - he was there for us with exactly what we needed before we even needed to ask him for anything! The grounds themselves are exquisite, perfectly maintained, and absolutely beautiful. I especially loved the tree-lined entranceway - as we drove in after our ceremony (we got married at my family church), it really helped set the feeling for the rest of the evening. We were able to have our cocktail hour outdoors, and after all of the delicious hors d’oeuvres (which was a TON of food, and never ran out), guests were escorted into the Oak Room, which has such a romantic feel. We had just under 200 guests, but the room did not feel cramped at all - not even when most of the guests were up on the dance floor! I loved having our own sweetheart table, where my groom and I could sit and look out at our guests and really take it all in. The wait staff was great, and our personal waitress, Leona, was awesome. While we were out dancing, she made sure that our cake was saved for us, and after the reception had ended, my groom and I were able to sit down at our table after the rest of the guests had left, to enjoy a final moment together and eat our cake. :) It was really a nice touch that she was thoughtful enough not to let our cake be taken away without us having had the chance to enjoy it. She also made sure that we sat and had our dinners. I am a vegetarian, so oftentimes, vegetarian options are limited for me at weddings, but the Shadowbrook went out of their way for me and other guests with diet restrictions - vegan, gluten-free, etc. Everything was cooked perfectly and delicious! We did not hear one negative comment about the night. With most weddings, there is at least one thing that goes wrong or does not fall into place as the bride/groom had planned, but we can honestly say that this was not the case for us. The Shadowbrook helped us have our “fairytale wedding” and we highly recommend it to anyone who asks! Alina & Mike