Book Your Wedding with Shadowland on Silver Beach

A BALLROOM IN ST. JOSEPH, MI

Weddings at Shadowland on Silver Beach in St. Joseph, Michigan promise to be once-in-a-lifetime events. Whether you prefer to exchange vows in the patio or in lavish style in the ballroom, Shadowland on Silver Beach provides just the event space you desire. This expansive and luxurious venue is ideal for both ceremonies and receptions.

The Ballroom. Ornate chandeliers and tasteful decor set an understated tone of elegance throughout the ballroom. The polished, wood dance floor with its herringbone pattern offers a charming feel. A wall of windows looks out onto the patio and French doors provide convenient access to this overflow space. The capacity for the ballroom ranges between 250 and 300, depending on your event and layout.

Outdoor Patio. The patio serves aptly for a ceremony or cocktail hour with the main reception in the ballroom.

The staff at Shadowland on Silver Beach is happy to assist you with your many wedding details. One of the benefits of a wedding at Shadowland on Silver Beach is the all-inclusive nature of the venue. The on-site wedding planner assists you with the planning phase and will be there to help coordinate the entire event from start to finish on the day of your wedding.

Weddings at Shadowland on Silver Beach include use of the facility for six hours. You can enter the ballroom as early as 10 a.m. to decorate. The clock begins ticking when your reception begins. Your event must conclude by 11:30 p.m.

Every event includes use of all event spaces, tables and banquet chairs, tableware, linens in a variety of colors, microphones, wireless Internet, adjustable lighting, audio system, CD player, iPod input and use of a special photo show software for slideshows. Your entertainer needs to bring an independent sound system for music. Your guests have free on-site parking in the resort parking lot and the venue is handicap accessible.

The event staff performs all setup and breakdown of furniture and equipment. Decorations must be affixed with methods that don't harm surfaces. Candles are permissible, but must be enclosed in flameproof containers. If you decorate the event spaces, you need to remove the decorations by midnight.

Enhancements are available with an upgrade charge.

• Projectors and screens are available

Bring your celebration to the shores of Lake MI!

Footsteps from Silver Beach, Shadowland offers you a picturesque backdrop of glistening water, crimson sunsets, a quaint lighthouse and Victorian-era downtown. It is a beautiful destination all four seasons. This is your place for making unforgettable memories.

Ballroom, Waterfront, Beach

333 Broad St., St. Joseph, MI (269) 932-1128
PINTEREST

Unique Venue AMAZING experience

Reviewed on 11/03/2014

My sister saw Shadowland Ballroom in a local wedding magazine and my husband I knew instantly it was the perfect venue for us. One week after we were engaged, we drove out to Michigan from the burbs of Chicago to see it in person. It was even more beautiful than the pictures!!... Read More Meeting Nicole on that first day was just what we needed, she was warm and welcoming and answered all of our questions. We never looked at another venue. We were in love with Shadowland and Silver Beach Center!!! We used this incredible venue as the inspiration for our wedding theme and many other aspects of our special day. Booking here was the best decision we made through our entire wedding process. The location is breathtaking. With Lake Michigan right near by, you really get that coastal destination feel. Cheyenne was a life saver! She was always there emailing or calling me to answer ANY question I had, or making all my crazy requests a reality. You will have nothing to worry about knowing her and her crew will be running your special day. The food was OUTSTANDING. Best wedding food I've ever had. We did plated entrees and our guests raved about the food. We got nothing but fantastic feedback about the food and service! Our signature drinks were a big hit as well. Tasty. PLEASE take my word for it....you will not be disappointed if you book at Shadowland. It is top notch. If you're looking for a unique experience for your guests in a friendly lakeside town... There is no one other place like Shadowland in St. Joe. They will make sure your wedding is everything you always imagined it to be!

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Nicole T

Shadowland made my wedding absolutely perfect! My dream wedding was to be near a beach and to see the sunset. My new husband and I were able to take pictures outside Shadowland with the sunset in the background it was beautiful. The guests loved being able to go outside to... Read More chat, but then back inside to dance. The ballroom was set up perfectly and was extremely organized. They help you every step of the way and are super accommodating. I had guests cancel last minute and they were able to take them off our guest count with no problems. The waiters and bartenders do an amazing job keeping guests happy and YOU happy. Amy our coordinator was always willing to help and was super fast e-mailing me back with any questions I had. Many guests were pleased with the food and the location. My wedding was perfect and I would suggest this location to anyone!

Reviewed on 12/01/2016 Jon N

Where do we begin?! From the first moment of speaking to Nicole to the last moment of walking out the door after our amazing day, we felt the love from ALL of the staff at Shadowland. The location was PERFECT. The weather was GREAT! The food was FANTASTIC! And Mandy! Ohhh... Read More Mandy... She was SPECTACULAR with her vision of our cupcakes/cake! :) And then there's Amy.... My oh my what a wonderful Wedding Manager, coordinator, nerve calmer--all of the above! She was with us 100% of the way and answered ANYTHING and did EVERYTHING to make our day perfect. The staff was superb and hats off to the Chef(s) as well. The food was out of this world and we couldn't have asked for a more perfect day. If you are interested in booking here, just do it. Everything was great. EVERYONE was great... and We are forever grateful for making this experience a day that we will NEVER forget! Best. Day. Ever!!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 2/07/2018 Courtney C

This was a wonderful venue. The best part was the service I received (bride) in the planning process and the service my guests received the day of. They truly catered everyone and helped my day be so wonderful.

Reviewed on 11/29/2017 Melissa A

Amy, the venue, the food...absolutely amazing. Amy was incredibly helpful throughout the entire process and the day of. Food was incredible and we received nothing but great compliments from guests as well. Used the carousel for an hour and was a great hit. Naturally beautiful... Read More venue, wonderful people to work with and amazing food. Highly recommend.

Reviewed on 11/15/2017 Laura V

We had an amazing experience at Shadowland. Amy was wonderful to work with and made sure our evening went smoothly. She had an answer to all of my ridiculous questions and always responded quickly! Our guests loved the venue and the added fun of getting to ride the carousel!

Reviewed on 11/12/2017 Cassie T

We have absolutely nothing bad to say about shadowland. From the very start we were impressed. Anything we wanted or needed they did their best to make it happen. We got so many compliments on the venue itself and the food! We can’t thank the staff at shadowland enough for... Read More making our reception one to remember for not only us but our guests too!

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 S P

My husband and I just got married here in September of this year. The venue itself is nice while also not been too formal which was the vibe we were going for. The ballroom itself has tons of natural light (a big selling point for me) and is very spacious. The doors that look... Read More onto the patio are beautiful and provide a good ambiance. The outside of the building does not have the best curb appeal when it is light outside (I think the Carousel kind of diminishes the look). However, when it is all lit up at night it is gorgeous from the outside! Amy was the coordinator helping us with all of the wedding details at the venue. She was very helpful and responsive to my zillion and one questions. Luckily we were able to get into the venue to decorate the day before our wedding as there were no events scheduled for that evening. We did run into a small issue at that point. I had asked Amy prior to our wedding how to hang chinese lanterns from the ceiling in the sunset room and was told they had magnetic devices to hang these with. Great! However, upon arrival to the venue the day before our wedding it turned out they only had 13 of those magnetic devices.... I probably should have specified the number of lanterns I had but figured it would be inferred that we would hang more than 13 since the room is not small. After we discovered that issue, Amy was not terribly helpful in fixing the issue which I would have really appreciated. Instead my family members went to the hardware store and figured out how to make more of those devices ourselves (which we ended up leaving with the venue). Other than that small issue, everything ran smoothly the day of and night of our wedding, largely in part due to our Wedding DJ, Drew Behringer, who was awesome and kept the night flowing. He is very familiar with this venue and I highly recommend him to anyone getting married at Shadowland if you want a worry free and fun night!

2017-11-30T09:05:35 Response from the vendor

Hi Shelby and Tim, First, thank you for your review. We are very pleased that overall you had a great time here at Shadowland. For the things that did not meet your expectations, we are addressing. We didn't realize that there were only 13 magnetic... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/22/2017 Lisa F

Everything was perfect! The staff was very helpful and professional. We worked with Amy and she made everything run very smoothly and kept us on track. I am the mother of the bride and took care of all of the details of planning the day and was very impressed with Amy.

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Tom G

The PERFECT venue for the perfect wedding! There was no doubt in our mind after meeting with Nicole and Amy that this was going to be our venue for the big day. We could not be happier with our decision! Our wedding planner, Amy, was a pro at making everything go off without a... Read More hitch the day of the wedding. They did a great job with the layout for both the wedding and the reception and everything looked beautiful. They were also very responsive and quick to reply when we had any questions or concerns! All in all, we were very pleased with our decision to have both our wedding and reception at the Shadowland Ballroom (and to have rented the carousel in between)!

Reviewed on 9/15/2017 Kyle P

The Ballroom was perfect for the number of guests that we had. Working with everyone at Shadowland was very stress free and everyone is on top of everything. The dinner was great. I would recommend this venue to anybody.

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Michele B

Our wedding reception at the Shadowland Ballroom was a dream! Nicole and Amy were absolutely amazing. From the beginning stages of planning until the end, I, my husband, and both our moms wrote and called a million times with questions. Nicole and Amy always responded... Read More immediately. They were so kind, professional and easy to work with. The ballroom is bright & open and was the perfect space for our 200 guests. I also can't praise the food enough. A month after our wedding, guests are still complimenting us on the appetizers and main courses catered by Shadowland. We had our cake made and delivered by Bit of Swiss Bakery. It was also delicious. And we used an outside vendor for our chairs because I very badly wanted chiavari chairs. We spent a lot of time on the details of our reception. Together, everything looked great and the evening flowed extremely well. We have nothing but beautiful memories of our experience at Shadowland and will cherish them forever ♡

Reviewed on 9/01/2017 Michelle M

I would highly recommend the Shadowland Ballroom to anyone. Not only is the venue gorgeous and right by the lake, but the staff is great and they ensure everything is absolutely seamless for your big day. The ballroom is great size for a wedding under 300 with plenty of room to... Read More dance. Multiple guests told me it was the best wedding food they have ever had. Thank you Shadowland for making our wedding day amazing!!

Reviewed on 9/01/2017 Lauren W

Shadowland on Silver Beach was an amazing and beautiful place to hold our wedding reception. The food was amazing, many of our guests commented that the meal was the best they've ever had at a wedding. We also rented the carousel which was a unique and fun way to treat guests.... Read More The wedding party had fun on it as well and I can't wait to get our pictures back capturing these moments. While I loved the venue and our wedding was beautiful, I felt the staff at Shadowland was less than helpful. While they did answer my questions before the date promptly, there were other things I was not too happy with. One of the reasons we had originally booked this venue was because a lot of the vendors worked with them and could be coordinated through Shadowland. Then, a few months out, we find out the chair cover business no longer works with Shadowland. This was disappointing because we were planning on using our credit towards chair covers. That made it so we could only use the credit towards a slideshow, uplighting, the boardwalk rental, or champagne toast (all things that were way more expensive than the original credit as well as unwanted by us). Things got stressful when I had to let the coordinator know the ages of guests attending (for drink purposes). Had I known she needed these exact numbers I would have done it while getting addresses and names together. It was not something I wanted to handle two weeks before our big day. I had to ask the wedding coordinator several times during the event to get things ready for the cake cutting, time was wasted while she chatted with the bartender. I was, however, impressed with how she wrapped things up at the end of the night, and she did do things like lower the lights throughout the night. Shadowland is a beautiful and perfect place to hold a wedding reception. However, you (the bride/groom) need to be extremely organized (as you would with any wedding I suppose).

2017-09-01T15:26:16 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review! We appreciate hearing from our clients and always strive to do our very best with each event. I would like to address a couple of your concerns. You stated that "while we answered all your questions promptly, we were less... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/29/2017 Hilary H

My husband and I had our wedding at Shadowland this past July. We had the absolute best day! The ballroom is stunning with great natural light and unique setting that made for a very memorable day. Being so close to Lake Michigan allowed for some great sunset pictures with my... Read More husband. We rented the Silver Beach Carousel for our cocktail hour and it was such a fun element to our wedding. We started our wedding process almost two whole years before our big day and Amy and the Shadowland team has been so helpful the entire time. Throughout all of the planning Amy has been super responsive to any and all of my needs. She made the planning process so much easier and helped to transform the ballroom into exactly what I had imaged it to be. I was living in Chicago while planning my wedding and was able to easily come in for the day if needed or plan from afar. Shadowland hosts an amazing night for the food tasting where all of the couples for that wedding season come together and meet each other. That way you can swap venders or ideas with each other while tasting the food and getting to see the ballroom dressed up like it would be at a wedding. The food was great. Many guests came up and complimented the Chicken Marsala and Cedar Plank Salmon. I would recommend Shadowland to anyone!

Reviewed on 8/09/2017 Kelly P

Shadowland staff made planning a wedding easy! The food was amazing, Amy Parnell, the wedding manager, was helpful, quick to respond, and fun to work with. The space is beautiful and is pretty much a blank slate to make your wedding unique from other people who have gotten... Read More married here. Big shout out to everyone at Shadowland for helping make our wedding day amazing!

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Alexandra J

Everything was perfect! Amy was amazing and a huge help in planning everything. I had only went to Shadowland once prior to my wedding, she was always quick to respond with my many questions. Everything went very smooth because of all her help!

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Channing W

Such a beautiful venue with wonderful food! Our guests loved the proximity to the beach and the outdoor patio was a hit the whole night.

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Kyra K

Shadowland was a dream come true! All of the staff was so helpful and genuine! My wedding day couldn't have been ANY BETTER honestly! Perfect venue and great location. My husband and I look back and say we would not change one thing, maybe just do it over again because it was... Read More that great/fun!! Thank you Shadowland for making our special day the best day of our lives!! :)

Reviewed on 7/22/2017 Miranda S

Shadowland was wonderful from our first email to following up after the wedding day! Nicole and Amy answered every question, even if I asked it a million times. Mandy made wonderful desserts, customizing them to our unique tastes and desires. The food was fantastic! And the... Read More carousel was unforgettable. Overall we could not have asked for anything better for our day!

Reviewed on 7/21/2017 Alexa V

When I first moved to the area, I explored what it had to offer. When dreaming up my wedding, figuring I couldn't do something out of the ordinary, I fell in love with Shadowland. It just seemed so clean and it was in the heart of the best views St. Joseph has to offer with... Read More the lake and sunsets. I knew that's where I wanted it to be. I had my wedding on a Monday recently. The ceremony was on Silver Beach with great weather. Shadowland was great to my guests considering this is a heavy tourist area and closed down the parking lot before the ceremony to the public for my guests so they could walk to the ceremony site and not have to be concerned about fighting for parking. Throughout the planning, Amy was extremely attentive to my needs and wishes and worked with me on whatever ideas I had. She communicated with me even past normal hours since my schedule for work has been wonky and have been working plenty of overtime hours. On the day of, I was able to get into the ballroom in the morning to begin decorating. Their maintenance man/janitor, Jim was super nice and helpful (even though there wasn't much he could do for us since we had it covered ;)). The reception began at 5:30 and that is when appetizers were being passed. They were to be passed throughout the cocktail hour but I was told by a guest later on that they "ran out" before the cocktail hour was up. After the complaint, more appetizers came out. Beyond that though, the food was on par. Everything tasted great and was even better than what I had at their Mock Wedding. They allowed us to set up our own cornhole game outside on the patio which was a great addition to the wedding. We also ended up changing a decision about our bar the day before the wedding and Amy was extremely flexible about it and was able to grant us the change. You just can't be the location and the views.

Reviewed on 7/20/2017 Amber W

Everyone at Shadowland was extremely helpful in our wedding planning process. Since we booked Shadowland we had moved from Iowa to Texas to California and back to Texas all within a year, so we relied on the staff to help us with as much as they could while planning and moving.... Read More They were all willing to answer all my emails with all my questions and our reception was absolutely beautiful!

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Emily R

Shadowland Review Our wedding day at Shadowland was simply perfect! Nicole, the executive director, and Amy, the wedding event manager, are wonderful to work with – a very pleasant experience! They are friendly, accommodating, and quick to respond to questions. They offered... Read More many customizable options and made sure everything was how we wanted it to be. The space is special in that it has a wall of windows and a vaulted ceiling, both of which elevate the look of everything. We held our wedding ceremony at Shadowland with the aisle setup facing the Sunset Room, and it was gorgeous! The room was quickly switched over during our Cocktail Hour (rented the Silver Beach Carousel- super fun!) and transformed for our reception. Dinner was delicious- many guests told my groom and I how much they enjoyed the food! Desserts done by The Bistro (affiliated with Shadowland) were also a big hit. Our entire day went off without a hitch, and the long planning process was made all the easier by Amy’s friendly and professional demeanor as she communicated with me and my mom through email and phone. Also, Shadowland’s “Mock Wedding” event for couples who’ve booked is not to be missed! It was an awesome evening of trying all the entrees, seeing the space set up for a reception, riding the Silver Beach Carousel, and meeting other couples going through the planning process. All in all this is a great place; I’m so glad we found it because it was much more “us” than other places we’d looked at. We highly recommend Shadowland!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Jin W

My husband and I just had our wedding on May 21st, we could not have asked for a better wedding venue experience than the service that Shadowland provided! Amy, who we worked with, was very professional and friendly during the whole planning process, she was extremely flexible... Read More in meeting with us on weekends (we don’t live locally), and she was very responsive to all our e-mails and questions timely. The food from Shadowland was very delicious, all our guests enjoyed and made biggest compliments on the food. We are very happy with their awesome service/excellent work and really appreciate it!

Reviewed on 3/18/2017 Caleigh N

The Shadowland was an absolute dream venue for our wedding reception! The setting right on Lake Michigan was perfect and allowed us to have a beach-like feel without being outdoors. The Carousel was so unique and way more fun than I would have even imagined. We received so many... Read More compliments from our guests about the evening. What I was most grateful for and impressed by is how the staff truly went out of their way to help make the evening as special as it could possibly be. I heard from other brides that their venues were making it very hard on them to have the night they envisioned, while the Shadowland staff was going above and beyond to answer my question and accommodate my requests. I wouldn't trade my experience with Shadowland for anything and highly, highly recommend it!

Meet The Events Director

Nicole Heugel

Nicole Beltz Heugel has been with Silver Beach Shadowland since it's opening in 2010. Her role the 1st year was Events Manager. In 2011 she took the reigns as Executive Director. She is a self-proclaimed introvert who loves to be behind the scenes. Working with couples to help make their wedding vision come true is her focus. She has realized the importance of a couple's wedding day and does not take a venue's role lightly. She has a keen eye for talent and has built a winning event team staff to make dreams come true. Her love of hospitality comes through with each couple that she meets.