Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel

Ann Arbor, MI

Capacity: More than 400 | WEBSITE | PHONE

The Big Day is Better when Shared

Sheraton is where people gather. At Sheraton Ann Arbor, we focus on your wants and dreams. Whether it’s your dream-come-true reception, themed rehearsal dinner, or the farewell brunch, our professional staff is ready to assist you. Our elegant ballrooms are the perfect venue to share your big day.

• Indoor Ceremony Area

Banquet/Reception Hall, Hotel/Resort, Restaurant

3200 Boardwalk St, Ann Arbor, MI

The Right Choice

Reviewed on 12/16/2013 Rachelle C

I want to thank you and the entire Sheraton staff for providing a perfect venue.Everything was wonderful. The food, beginning with the hors d'oeuvres and through the fruit with the desserts was delicious. The staff was professional and responded very quickly to every request. I was very impressed with the display of our desserts.The staff created a beautiful display combining all of them! I will recommend the Sheraton to anyone I know who is planning a wedding.

So Happy

Reviewed on 12/13/2013 Bill W

We held our Wedding Reception in August of 2013. We researched several hotels and decided the Sheraton was the best place for us. Every Sheraton staff member I encountered was completely helpful and professional, but Dan Prichard was great to work with! He was comforting and reassuring. He helped us plan our wedding in less then a month! Communication between him and us was fast and efficient. He was very accommodating with dates and demands. Dan Prichard helped alleviate a lot of stress with his calm and caring demeanor. He was very helpful and I would recommend Dan and the Sheraton for meetings and events!

great

Reviewed on 10/08/2013 Melanie j

Everything was great! The food was wonderful. We received a lot of compliments. The service the night of the reception was great. It was nice to be able to drop everything off the night before the wedding and have the catering group do everything with the centerpieces and favors. The hotel room we received the night of the wedding could have been a little nicer. The price was great compared to other locations in the Ann Arbor area.

NYE wedding

Reviewed on 1/20/2015 Adrienne Y

First, the positives: -the food at the Sheraton is overall, amazing. People loved the steak and so many guests felt like it was made to order just for them. The chicken breast is moist and tasty. For fish, I would recommend the salmon over the mahi-mahi since the mahi ended up being a little dried out. -the set up: We were allowed in our hall at 10AM and had plenty of time to set up centerpieces. The linens looked great. -the bars: we requested two bars for our 150 person wedding and got them. It was amazing. There were no lines, the options for the open bar were great and the service was impeccable. The cons: -There were two weddings on the same night, which is pretty standard for most venues. However, on several occasions, guests from the other wedding came into our wedding, drank at our bar. Items (an iphone 6, for example) ended up missing from the head table and our guestbook was defaced by the other bridal party. Several times my grandmother stood out in the hallway to ensure that no other guests would wedding crash. It was sad that these events took away from how beautiful the room looked and how great the food was. -Understaffed. There were not enough people working on NYE for two weddings. There were only two bellcarts available all day, a coat rack was not set up for guests, and the morning after, no one received their bill under their door for ease of check out.

WORST vendor we worked with!

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Emily L

I feel so bad writing this review, after it appears they've had so many good ones. I'm curious as to why their service was so much more horrible for myself and my guests comparatively. From day one, we have a horrendous time working with this hotel. We only used them for our room block, and chose them based on their vicinity to the expressway, to our venue, and price. One of the biggest factors for us was the fact that they offered a "complimentary shuttle" for our guests for our wedding. After months of emailing for more information about how the shuttle worked, I finally received info three DAYS before our wedding. Needless to say, it was FAR from what we were led to believe it was, and had to scramble to replace this service for our guests. From day one, they were atrocious to work with. Never responded to phone calls or emails, and there was a horrible lack of communication between the staff. Once we'd finally get ahold of someone, they would be someone different than the previous person we worked with, and would have no records of anything. As far as our room block, they were extremely uncoordinated. We had to have 10, we had 12, they tried to cancel it for not having enough rooms. We needed to book two more rooms close to the deadline, and I, as well as my guests, wasted several hours on the phone just trying to get a reservation. A few of our guests needed adjoining rooms, but the hotel refused to guarantee it. When we arrived to check in, the lady at the desk said our room was not ready and that we were "not allowed" to check in, and that we had to come back later. Trying to keep my patience, we ran to get some lunch. Not even 15 minutes later, one of our other guests arrived and were able to walk right in to their room. Seriously? When we came back, they again gave us run-around about checking in. Eventually they gave us a crappy, basic room in a horrible location of the hotel. We had to go back to the desk, and REMIND them that we were the bride and groom, and that we paid for a Club level room. After a lot of attitude from the desk, we finally were put into our appropriate room. Turns out the rest of our guests all had issues checking in and getting their room that they originally booked. What a nightmare. Every effort was lack-luster and less-than-professional. Horrible customer service from day one. Will never bother with them again, nor will I ever recommend anyone use them for their event. They attempted to give us a "complimentary two-night stay" but there is no point dealing with them for another moment. We will continue to use Sheraton properties, but will never use this one again.

Sheraton Ann Arbor used for Room Block

Reviewed on 7/29/2014 Ashley T

We used the Sheraton Ann Arbor for a Wedding Room Block for our guests. I had personally never stayed at this location before but when we arrived a few days before our wedding we were very impressed. The hotel is beautiful and the staff extremely accommodating. The big selling point for using the Sheraton was that they offer a shuttle for our guests and we booked this for their transportation to the ceremony. The shuttle service ends a little earlier in the evening (10PM) so we provided a different shuttle for our guests return trip to the hotel. Working with the staff at the Sheraton - from planning the room block and shuttle to providing welcome bags and organizing a group breakfast for the morning after the ceremony - was fantastic. Saying the customer service was great is an understatement. The concierge sat on the floor and played with my little niece, the bar tenders offered us complimentary "congratulations" drinks upon our return to the hotel the night of the wedding, and all of our guests commented on how much they enjoyed their stay. I planned our wedding remotely from Chicago and working with Shyreka and Laura to get everything set up was a breeze, they were both very prompt and informative over the phone and email. We also stayed in the suite at the Sheraton the night of our wedding. We had chocolate strawberries and sparkling wine waiting for us which was a nice touch. The suite itself is not much more that a really large guest room - but we enjoyed staying close to our guests so we could meet up at the bar for an after party and see everyone again the next morning for breakfast.

Wedding at the Sheraton

Reviewed on 7/16/2013 Megan L

Everything went without a hitch! We went with the plated dinner, and all of our guests enjoyed it. They gave us 5 courses: hors d'oeuvres, soup, salad, sorbet, entree. But the chef let us substitute a Korean dish for the soup course; he was very open to trying new recipes. And they also could accommodate our guests with gluten or nut allergies. Overall, the staff was excellent. I would HIGHLY recommend the Sheraton as a wedding reception venue!

Dream come true!

Reviewed on 1/01/2013 Casey Q

Everything was absolutely perfect! I could not have asked for anything more from them for our reception. They worked with the vendors well and were always available to me. Also, the new remodel is beautiful and added to our experience. Our guests loved the beds and commented that they were the best they had slept on:-)

Great Venue

Reviewed on 7/10/2012 Janitta T

I used this venue for both my reception and ceremony and they wereFANTASTIC throughout the entire process.

More than I could have ever asked for

Reviewed on 8/28/2011 Kellie

I am so happy I chose the Sheraton for my site. Cheryl, the coordinator is amazing! She has a lot of experience and was there for us 100% of the way. She worked with out budget and gave us many suggestions while keeping our suggestions in mind. The venue is beautiful and every one was very impressed. Most of all, everyone said they had the best time ever. Though I am bias, I believe this was the best weddings I have ever been to!!

awesome

Reviewed on 8/28/2011 kelly k

banquet manager was awesome!

BEST DECISION WE EVER MADE

Reviewed on 8/13/2011 Katherine M

We worked very closely with Cheryl, the director of events, at the Sheraton A2. She was very accommodating to our every request. They set up our homemade centerpieces- I cannot express how great they made our reception room look. Very professional, friendly, nice staff.

Great Venue

Reviewed on 6/13/2011 Sarah D

This hotel was outstanding!

Bride

Reviewed on 1/26/2011 Amy R

Service was excellent! Wedding coordinator was exceptional; she went out of her way to make everything work even though they were starting a million dollar renovation at the time.

Amazing Venue

Reviewed on 11/03/2010 Stephanie H

Four Points took care of all the details and made my wedding an amazing experience. The director of catering is the best!!

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Valerie C

It did a lot for us which was all included in the site fee. The contact person was AMAZING and sooooo helpful and accomodating. It made the night go perfect and just as we wanted.

Reviewed on 10/09/2007 Shannon B

I had my ceremony next door to my reception room so I came down stairs from getting ready, and went one room to the other. My guests didn't have to travel and they didn't wait for anything. The staff is exelent and any questions or concerns I had from booking the date till the moment the room was locked because we had run out of time where answered like I was # 1 in their mind.

Reviewed on 9/24/2007 Sara H

Great staff for both planning and the actual service staff for the event. Since we had so many out of town guests, we were glad that the venue was a hotel, where we received a special rate. The ballroom was new with its own cocktail lobby, and the decor was fabulous.

TO Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel