A full service wedding planning firm serving KC

"True love stories never have endings and start with beautiful beginnings....." Award Winning Kansas City Wedding Planners, crafting beautiful weddings with expertise & style, inspired by love, marriage & the little things. We will plan your beginning by listening and ensuring that personal attention to detail, creativity and execution will infuse your style, personality and love story into your wedding. Create an unforgettable beginning for you, your family and guests with our team.

Engagement Party, Getting Engaged, After Party, Bridal Shower, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Planning, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

Bow2010

12710 S. Pflumm, Olathe, KS (913) 397-9932

Reviewed on 6/16/2016 Micaela K

Holly Davidson was top notch! The wedding day was everything we imagined because of her attention to detail and taking full charge of the wedding details. She was always professional, responsive and made sure we were enjoying the planning process while she handled the details... Read More and contacts with vendors. We were able to relax and enjoy the day because she was there, worth every penny! Holly has a good rapport and working relationship with vendors which was key. The day of the wedding she handled everything from fixing the dress bustle to finding the MOB lost purse. We enjoyed working with her and absolutely would pick her again and again.

Reviewed on 5/28/2016

As Mother of the Bride, I wanted a fun and worry-free day for my daughter and me. What I didn't realize was how crazy the last 6 weeks can be. From our first meeting with Lisa, I knew we were in good hands. Her attention to detail, her organization and overall calming... Read More presence made it a wonderful experience. I would highly recommend Simple Elegance and especially, Lisa Forbes.

Day of Coordinator=Life Saver!

Reviewed on 1/06/2016 Melissa C

I wasn't planning on hiring any sort of wedding planner since I am the planning type who has most things organized exactly how I want them, but deciding to hire a day of coordinator less than 3 months before my wedding was the BEST planning decision I made. Lauren Kadel was my... Read More day of coordinator and she was absolutely FABULOUS! She is very personable and I liked her from the moment I met her. She contacted all of my vendors with any and every question/concern I had. She made and edited (several times) our wedding timeline to send out to all of the vendors, created a newsletter to send out to our bridal party, and helped me work through tons of details that I had not even thought of. I can't image what my wedding day would have been like without her. Because of Lauren and the work she did for my family, we were able to enjoy every single second of the wedding weekend with zero interruptions about things that could have gone wrong (I still wouldn't know if something did go wrong!). My only regret is that we didn't hire her sooner. If you are wondering about hiring a day of coordinator from Simple Elegance, DO IT. I promise it will make the day you have been planning for the most enjoyable day of your life. Ask for Lauren..you won't regret it!

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Paige H

Lisa and her assistant Haley did an awesome job making sure our wedding was perfect. They were calm and always kept a positive attitude so that we were able to have a stress-free day. We were really appreciative of everything Lisa helped with before the wedding and even more so... Read More on the day of. One of the best decisions we made was to have Lisa and Haley be a part of our big day!

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Allison C

Loved working with Simple Elegance! Holly and Kristin were fantastic both before the wedding and during the big day. Their attention to detail, vendor and client communications and problem solving mentalities were amazing. I didn't have to worry about a thing on my big day. I... Read More would recommend Simple Elegance to any bride who wants to truly have a stress-free, easy-going, perfect wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016

Lisa Forbes did an amazing job helping plan my daughters wedding. She was helpful, organized and went out of her way to make sure my daughters day was special. Lisa and her staff made sure the rehearsal, the wedding and reception went smoothly and stress free. I truly... Read More appreciate being able to enjoy my daughters day!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Jeanne S

Simple Elegance is Simple Excellence "We nailed it!" was the judgment of one of the most detail oriented brides I know - my daughter Kate. Simple Elegance's Kindra Browne was a huge part of that success. Kindra walked us through the planning process with her warmth and... Read More expertise. When we were searching for just the right tweak on a detail - whether it was invitations, linens, menu shapes, napkin folds - you name it - she facilitated the process until it was just right! The wedding went as smoothly as is humanly possible! Because of Simple Elegance and their professionalism, joy ruled the day and a good time was had by all - even the mother of the bride!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016

Holly did a fabulous job helping to plan the wedding and generally attending to all things the weekend of the event. She's tremendously easy to work with, highly responsive and will go the extra mile to take care of anything that arises. Having a wedding planner is the best... Read More thing we did to allow us all to enjoy the event.

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Ashley K

Simple Elegance wedding planning was one of the keys to success for our big day. Holly was great to work with and very helpful at every step. As a bride who travelled during the week for business - Holly's recommendations on vendors was paramount in our ability to even begin... Read More planning a wedding. On the day of our wedding Holly eliminated all of the stress of the setup and allowed my family and I to focus on the day. Hiring Holly was the most important and one of the best decisions we made!!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Annie B

I can't say enough great things about Kindra! She went out of her way to make sure the bride and groom had the exact special day they wanted. Her expertise and advice made planning so easy. Kindra is the exact kind of wedding planner you'd want- she felt like you were talking... Read More with a friend and also made sure every detail was met without you even noticing the day of. Next person I know getting married, I would happily recommend her. Thanks again!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Annie B

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Sydney M

Kindra Browne at Simple Elegance made our dreams come true! From the first meeting to the wedding day - the entire process was stress free and perfect. I would highly recommend her, or any of the SE team to anyone looking to hire a wedding planner. We couldn't have pulled off... Read More our special weekend without your organization, attention to detail, hard work, and friendship.

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 debbie o

I do not think I have enough space to write how I feel about Kindra Browne and her team at Simple Elegance. Without her expertise, guidance, calm and cool nature, organization, love and passion for what she does and great listening skills, as mother of the bride, I would not... Read More have had the most amazing, magical, perfect wedding and reception for my daughter that she has always dreamed of. I was apprehensive at first, having never hired a wedding planner or planned one myself. It, however, was the best investment I could have ever made. She has great unique ideas, good at negotiating with vendors, excellent not only in the prep but the day of. She had everyone doing exactly what they were supposed to be doing at the time they were to do it. We had a big wedding for my daughter and there were 24 bridesmaids and groomsmen total. She had a lot of people to wrangle and keep on task. I NEVER could have brought this day together without Kindra and her team. You get one shot to get it right and there are no do-overs. She is up to the task and delivers and she does it all with a smile and with kindness and she just made our family feel so special. Thank you, Kindra - we will forever be grateful for bringing all of our scribbles on paper, thoughts in our minds, pinterest ideas together into the day Sydney has always dreamed of. You rock, your people rock and we love you for all you did for us. I don't think there are enough thank yous to express how appreciative we are.

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 debbie o

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Kate M

We used Simple Elegance for help with day-of coordination- and what a huge help it was! Lauren was so easy to work with and made us feel so comfortable during each step of the final weeks of planning. She answered countless questions and was prompt to answer emails. She was... Read More amazing to have around for the rehearsal and wedding day and we couldn't of coordinated such a nice event without her! We would highly recommend Simple Elegance to others- especially in the final weeks when the pressure is really on. Thanks again!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Amy H

I love to plan and host events of all sizes. I'm organized and type-A. The date of my daughter's wedding was chosen, along with the church, before she was even engaged. I didn't think I wanted a planner but since this is the first wedding I've hosted, I'm so thankful I hired... Read More Simple Elegance and Lauren Kadel! Right when the type-A would have turned into type A++, get out of my way, my daughter's getting married in 6 weeks *!*&%!!, they stepped in and took over everything. I enjoyed EVERY single bit of the wedding process because they did all the hard work: details on top of details, schedules and confirmations, never ending follow ups with vendors, payments and cancellations, emails and drunk members of the wedding party....oh and also a torn bridesmaid's dress, up the entire back side, after the first dance when she "dropped it low". I got to do all the fun stuff at the beginning (choosing the vendors, help shop for my daughter's dress, pick flowers) and then just enjoy the ride! Lauren was great! She's pleasant, professional, organized and anticipates everything! I questioned whether I really needed or wanted help, until those last 6 weeks when the stress builds and everything needs to come together. I am so thankful to Lauren because now all I have is wonderful memories of an "effortless" (on my part) fun and gorgeous wedding for my daughter.

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Lauren C

Nichole with Simple Elegance was an absolute dream to work with! She was so kind and considerate throughout the whole process. She was always quick to respond and went above and beyond to make sure that our whole day ran smoothly. I was so grateful for a wedding planner because... Read More there was SO MUCH I didn't know/realize I needed. :) Highly recommend her and the rest of her team!

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Lori L

I have tears in my eye as I, the Mother of the Bride, write this review...Had it not been for Holly Davidson assisting from DAY 1 with my daughter's wedding, it may not have been the romantic, elegant and most magical day of her and her new husband's life! Our daughter and her... Read More now husband , both live in Dallas Texas and travel extensively for work and activities....distance was the challenge...or was it? NO! Holly saw the vision from the beginning by always being available to the bride and groom via phone calls, emails and monthly or sometimes daily updates! As I was the key person to do the legwork here and many of the initial vendor visits...Holly always had the list in hand for vendors that matched the bride and grooms personalities and visions of the perfect wedding. Over the months she never missed a phone call, an appt., a suggestion, an idea...and at times would remind all of the Wedding of their dreams would soon be a reality. And. It. Was.! Not only was it perfect...she was right by the Bride's side every minute as well as mine, the FOB, the Bridesmaids, and every vendor involved. Simple Elegance as a whole support one another and are always focused on the one sole purpose of making the entire process and every single day leading up to the special day beyond perfect and very "Simple and Elegant !"

Reviewed on 8/30/2016

I was lucky enough to have Lauren Kadel from Simple Elegance assist me with the details and logistics of my April wedding. Lauren is smart, professional, hardworking, detail-oriented, and a pleasure to be around. I was reluctant to ask for any help with planning and logistics,... Read More as I wasn't sure what I thought of inviting a relative stranger into such an intimate event. From my first meeting with Lauren I knew I didn't have to worry. Now I know my mom and I couldn't have done it without her--she kept wonderful detailed notes and created documents to keep everything running smoothly. She reached out to vendors who were lazy about responding to me. She got stuff done like a boss while somehow also being a joy to be around and work with. I cannot recommend Lauren Kadel or Simple Elegance enough for your wedding. She's simply the best!

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Margaret G

Lisa Forbes helped us in the last six weeks of our planning process and took over on the wedding day. I cannot say enough great things about Lisa! We had a stress-free, fun day of celebrating while Lisa attended to the timing and details to make it all come together! Lisa was... Read More ALWAYS kind and caring and ready to help at every moment. It was so wonderful to see the day unfold as we had planned it, while Lisa took charge of the details...prompting us for what we might need or want to do next. Our daughter's wedding was so wonderful and Lisa was a treasure!

2016-08-30T10:52:27 Response from the vendor

It was such a pleasure working with you and your family! The day was perfect and I'm so blessed to have been a part of it! Lisa

Reviewed on 8/05/2016

Where do I begin? Our experience with Simple Elegance was excellent. Holly Davidson is top notch. She is well organized, detail oriented, professional and above all an extremely nice and thoughtful person. She handled every detail for our wedding from start to finish.... Read More From our very first meeting, she was totally engaged with the vision my daughter had for her big day. Plus, she had all the vendors who could help make that vision a reality. The weekend of the wedding, Holly and her staff ensured everything went off without a hitch. If there was a problem, I certainly didn’t know about it. I didn’t have to worry about anything. All I had to do was enjoy my evening with my daughter, new son-in-law, family and friends. The day after the wedding my daughter said, “I’m sad we won’t be seeing Holly anymore.” That’s how enjoyable our experience was. I would highly recommend Simple Elegance! I wouldn’t plan a wedding without them.

Reviewed on 7/27/2016 Kathryne M

Holly was absolutely fabulous and one of my favorite parts of our wedding planning process. I looked forward to each of our meetings and/or phone calls together because she is just so much fun to be around! As an out of state bride, I always knew that she would handle the things... Read More that I wasn't able to get to (or just didn't want to spend the time doing on my short trips home). It was such a help throughout the process to have Holly's calming influence and second opinion- although she only gave it when she knew I desperately was seeking her advice. Holly is incredibly organized and made sure our wedding was seamless and everything we could have ever dreamed. She took so much of the pressure off of my parents, husband, and myself, and we were able to just relax and enjoy the weekend. I would recommend Holly to anyone and everyone - she is not only a wonderful wedding planner, but just a great presence to have around and an example to learn from.

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Natalie H

I cannot imagine planning the wedding without Kindra. Everything went so smoothly throughout the planning process and on the wedding day. My wedding was more beautiful than I imagined it would be.

Reviewed on 7/22/2016 Geneva M

Kindra Browne at Simple Elegance was our rock star!!! We held a large formal Catholic Wedding in downtown KC and had our reception at Union Station with an amazing band out of Dallas, TX. We hired Kindra as our full service wedding planner and worked with Kindra for 12 months.... Read More Kindra's attention to detail, her professionalism, her patience were second to none! Kindra and her team were simply amazing! We never could have pulled this beautiful dreamlike wedding off without her. Our forever gratitude to an amazing wonderful human being that we will love and consider a friend forever! JJ Magness & Geneva Magness Pick

Reviewed on 7/12/2016

It was so valuable to have a person in charge on the day of the wedding. Lauren kept everything on schedule. We used the day of planning option which worked well for our family!

Kindra Browne

Kindra’s keen eye for organization, detail and design and her sensitivity to each client and their event have propelled Simple Elegance to the top in Kansas City, not to mention her ability to hire a GREAT team! The Simple Elegance team has received the following awards, "Hall of Fame", “Best of Weddings”, The Knot, “The Bride’s Choice Award, “ Wedding Wire and are member of the Style Me Pretty Little Black Book. Their real weddings have been featured in The Knot Magazine, KC Weddings Magazine, 435 South, Johnson County Living, Style Me Pretty, Carats & Cake, The Knot.com & Brides.com

Start a Conversation!