A full service wedding planning firm serving KC

"True love stories never have endings and start with beautiful beginnings....." Award Winning Kansas City Wedding Planners, crafting beautiful weddings with expertise & style, inspired by love, marriage & the little things. We will plan your beginning by listening and ensuring that personal attention to detail, creativity and execution will infuse your style, personality and love story into your wedding. Create an unforgettable beginning for you, your family and guests with our team.

Engagement Party, Getting Engaged, After Party, Bridal Shower, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Planning, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

Bow2010

12710 S. Pflumm, Olathe, KS (913) 397-9932

Reviewed on 6/16/2016 Micaela K

Holly Davidson was top notch! The wedding day was everything we imagined because of her attention to detail and taking full charge of the wedding details. She was always professional, responsive and made sure we were enjoying the planning process while she handled the details... Read More and contacts with vendors. We were able to relax and enjoy the day because she was there, worth every penny! Holly has a good rapport and working relationship with vendors which was key. The day of the wedding she handled everything from fixing the dress bustle to finding the MOB lost purse. We enjoyed working with her and absolutely would pick her again and again.

Reviewed on 5/28/2016

As Mother of the Bride, I wanted a fun and worry-free day for my daughter and me. What I didn't realize was how crazy the last 6 weeks can be. From our first meeting with Lisa, I knew we were in good hands. Her attention to detail, her organization and overall calming... Read More presence made it a wonderful experience. I would highly recommend Simple Elegance and especially, Lisa Forbes.

Day of Coordinator=Life Saver!

Reviewed on 1/06/2016 Melissa C

I wasn't planning on hiring any sort of wedding planner since I am the planning type who has most things organized exactly how I want them, but deciding to hire a day of coordinator less than 3 months before my wedding was the BEST planning decision I made. Lauren Kadel was my... Read More day of coordinator and she was absolutely FABULOUS! She is very personable and I liked her from the moment I met her. She contacted all of my vendors with any and every question/concern I had. She made and edited (several times) our wedding timeline to send out to all of the vendors, created a newsletter to send out to our bridal party, and helped me work through tons of details that I had not even thought of. I can't image what my wedding day would have been like without her. Because of Lauren and the work she did for my family, we were able to enjoy every single second of the wedding weekend with zero interruptions about things that could have gone wrong (I still wouldn't know if something did go wrong!). My only regret is that we didn't hire her sooner. If you are wondering about hiring a day of coordinator from Simple Elegance, DO IT. I promise it will make the day you have been planning for the most enjoyable day of your life. Ask for Lauren..you won't regret it!

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Wade S

Wow, where to begin! We had the pleasure of working with Lisa throughout our wedding planning process and on the big day. I honestly can't say enough great things about her and her talent. Simple Elegance came highly recommended, and as soon we met with Lisa for the first time,... Read More we could see why. Lisa is a veteran in the wedding planning world and it shows in her style and attention to detail. The process can be a daunting one at times, but Lisa was always quick to make it fun when we felt a little bogged down. She was always flexible with meetings and could ensure we met our deadlines and agenda items while still having a little bit of fun. Since she comes with such expertise, she also has a ton of suggestions, ideas, and relationships with vendors. She knows exactly who you want to work with, and who you don't. Sometimes making big decisions for a wedding is hard, and Lisa was there to help each time. We found you can envision certain things for your big day, and they may be lofty, or horrible ideas. Lisa was always there with an honest opinion and wasn't afraid to let us know what was a great or not so great idea. We really appreciated that quality, especially after the wedding was over and everything went perfectly. Lisa not only ensured our big day went well with each and every vendor, but also constantly checked in with us and kept us updated until the very last minute. We had such a great experience and wedding, and we highly recommend Lisa and Simple Elegance to anyone looking for wedding planner!

Reviewed on 7/29/2017 Steve E

Wow! What a fabulous day! I was so pleased with our service over the last year! Lisa Forbes is second to none. Professional, polished, and positively the consumate planner. I was completely satified in all aspects of my daughter's wedding. My wife and I have agreed that we will... Read More absolutely use her again for our other two daughter's weddings, and already have recommended her to our freinds. No regrets- problems solved!

Reviewed on 7/16/2017 Maureen O

We worked with Nichole from Simple Elegance and could not have nicer things to say. She was a joy to work with and made sure we had thought of everything before our wedding day. Then, the day of, my husband and I were able to relax enjoyed the day with our families knowing... Read More that Nichole was taking care of all of the details!

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Steph K

I was so very lucky to work with Kindra Browne. I cannot describe how amazing she is along with her company, Simple Elegance. She is everything that a bride could as for and more. Her organizational skills amazed me. She is punctual, professional, open and honest. Her experience... Read More is second to none. On top of all the traits a planner should be, she is also one of the kindest people I have ever met. Everyone loved working with her (vendors, staff, wedding party, etc). She made sure everything was absolutely perfect! I would highly recommend any of the planners at Simple Elegance!

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Bizi M

I can't give Kindra at Simple Elegance enough stars!! She truly was my life saver for the entire year planning our wedding. She thinks of the things that no one would ever think to do, especially in all of the behind the scenes work. I can't imagine how this past year would... Read More have gone if I hadn't had Kindra's help with everything. Her experience and professionalism is second to none and because of her, my wedding was EXACTLY as I'd always dreamed it would be! Now that I'm married and the wedding is over, I don't know what I'll do without her! Haha! Truly the best!

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Andrew R

Holly Davidson is exquisite. Our wedding was very complicated; big venue, big families, big personalities. Holly managed it all with remarkable class and grace. Obviously, Holly was wonderful throughout the planning process--she was able to quickly understand and embrace our... Read More vision for our wedding. But Holly truly shined when she was forced to deal with the unexpected; think last minute toast rearranging at dinners, quick (and often nonsensical) requests from family members, etc. Her calm confidence in those moments assured us that our wedding was not going to spontaneously combust. In a short period of time, she knew exactly what to do even if she couldn't get to us (bride or groom) immediately. I think anyone who has gone through it will tell you that your wedding is not going to go 100% how you expect, and when things inevitable don't go perfectly as planned, you want someone like Holly in your corner. When you choose Holly you get so much more than someone who will help you pick table linens and vendors; you get character. Looking back, Holly allowed us to just enjoy our wedding day to the absolute max, and for that we are so very grateful! Thank you Holly!

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 Anna L

Holly Davidson was an absolute dream to work with! Being the first of three girls in my family, we weren't familiar with the process of how to plan a wedding, so we were highly recommended to call Holly. We are so fortunate we had Holly with us throughout the wedding planning... Read More process. She was so professional in every aspect of her job and I am so lucky we were able to work with her. She handled every situation with patience and grace. She has your best interest and makes sure you are comfortable and content with every decision. We loved working with her and miss seeing her every month!

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 John G

Holly was a lifesaver. Our wedding weekend included three back-to-back nights of events at two different locations, each with a different style/theme. On top of that, some of our family members keep kosher, so all events had to have kosher catering. It was a big production... Read More and we needed a lot of help, particularly since my wife and I do not live in the area and are not really into the wedding planning stuff. Holly recommended excellent vendors. She followed our lead on the details we cared about, and for the ones we didn't care about (most), she took them off our plates. A few problems popped up along the way, as they always do, including one that could have been a major emergency. Holly took care of them, and our guests never had any idea anything had gone wrong. The events were all beautiful and seamless. If you have no idea where to start and are planning a wedding in the KC area, make sure you give them a call. Thanks Holly :)

Reviewed on 5/01/2017 Linda R

Words can’t even express how grateful I am to have worked with Holly Davidson. She was the most professional, organized and patient wedding coordinator. There wasn’t anything to stress about because she always kept us on track, was prepared for every meeting and her attention to... Read More detail was spot on. I looked forward to our meetings because Holly is so fun to be around and has the sweetest personality. Holly has very strong relationships with a ton of vendors and was able to get us in touch with a lot of them quickly. She provided a lot of good suggestions without forcing her opinion on you…she wanted everything to be my decision, which I appreciated. In the beginning, I sort of knew what I wanted…but had a hard time explaining. She wanted everything to be unique to us as a couple and really helped me develop the wedding of my dreams. The wedding perfectly reflected our relationship. She always had a great advice such as proper etiquette for invitations and escort cards, tipping vendors, and was upfront and realistic when it came to our budget. She would advise if she thought something was worth it based on the expense and we really appreciated that. I also utilized her company Holly and Ivy Gifts and Events for my welcome gifts at the hotel for out of town guests. Holly and Kristin made that process completely stress free and if you want one less thing to worry about, I strongly recommend using them! I was literally able to just show up to my wedding and not worry about a single thing. If anything went wrong, I never even heard about it because she had everything under control. She put together an awesome schedule of events for the entire bridal party and family so everyone knew what to expect and where to be at what time. The wedding turned out dreamier than I could have ever imagined...I was completely blown away. Absolutely top notch service – Holly truly became a friend over our year of planning together and I hope to keep in touch!

Reviewed on 4/13/2017 Erica S

I was referred to Simple Elegance from a friend. I just started planning my wedding and we hired Lisa. She is absolutely amazing! You will not be disappointed with her.

Reviewed on 3/28/2017 Katie G

When my husband and I were in the midst of being a happily engaged couple and in the throws of trying to plan a wedding, a family tragedy hit us hard. We put wedding planning on hold for several months, and once we picked it back up and set our priorities we knew we needed help... Read More (desperately). We had recently traveled to a beautiful wedding in Kansas City and thru word of mouth knew they had ‘phenomenal wedding planners’. Although we live in NYC, we noticed something about that wedding: the attention to detail and just how happy and relaxed everyone seemed to be. We crossed our fingers, prayed to God, and approached the lovely ladies at Simple Elegance to help plan our wedding….in Turks and Caicos! We knew planning from ‘afar’ (we are in NYC, Kindra and Lisa in KS, wedding in the Caribbean) wouldn’t be easy, but after one quick phone conversation with Kindra and Lisa I KNEW they could do it. I don’t think the people behind the scenes get enough credit, but Kinda and Lisa truly were a gift from above! Planning a destination wedding is no easy task, and dealing with businesses and vendors on ‘island time’ can be utterly frustrating. Kindra and Lisa made it all look easy. The wedding weekend would not have been possible without them. Lisa and Kindra were able to coordinate everything to a level of near perfection! They dealt with every vendor on the Island- ensuring my husband and I were able to have the wedding of our dreams. The best money we spent on the wedding was in hiring Simple Elegance. With their help, we were able to enjoy every moment of our wedding weekend and not stress or worry about the details (and there were plenty of them!). They are incredibly professional, classy, organized and KIND women. When I think back on our wedding, my heart couldn’t be more full or more grateful for all the hard work Kinda and Lisa provided for our wedding. They were able to give us something so joyful at a time where we weren’t sure it was possible!

Reviewed on 1/04/2017 Mary P

As our niece's December 2016 wedding approached, the details of the tasks were beginning to mount. I witnessed Lisa Forbes and her team coordinate another of our niece's wedding earlier in the year and was impressed with the coordination to every last detail. I reached out to... Read More Lindsay to see who her wedding coordinator was, receiving Lisa's information. I immediately spoke to Kari and suggested we set up time to meet and speak with Lisa to see what Simple Elegance could offer. I knew going in, we would be utilizing Lisa and Simple Elegance just by witnessing what I saw at Lindsay's wedding earlier . Lisa jumped right in and began assisting Kari with details of her wedding. In our initial meeting, Lisa suggested a caterer as Kari was having difficulty finding one they were comfortable with and in their range. I let them work through all the details coming back in just prior to the wedding so I could help coordinate with Lisa so not to overwhelm Kari more than necessary on her Wedding Day. Lisa took command of the timeline for the day with everything running smoothly. Lisa's day of assistant, Angela was right there making certain even more details were attended to so Lisa could focus on the overall day without missing any of the details. The details in planning and coordinating Kari's perfect dream wedding were on spot - from suggesting a caterer at our initial meeting to working with photographers, florist, the venue, the band and even the hotel. The communication Lisa had with the wedding party prior to the Rehearsal Dinner, during the dinner and throughout the night made the entire process seamless. I'm almost positive Lisa even cued the snow for the white wedding Kari dreamt of. I can honestly say, we could not have coordinated and planned Kari's perfect dream wedding without Lisa and Simple Elegance.

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Paige H

Lisa and her assistant Haley did an awesome job making sure our wedding was perfect. They were calm and always kept a positive attitude so that we were able to have a stress-free day. We were really appreciative of everything Lisa helped with before the wedding and even more so... Read More on the day of. One of the best decisions we made was to have Lisa and Haley be a part of our big day!

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Allison C

Loved working with Simple Elegance! Holly and Kristin were fantastic both before the wedding and during the big day. Their attention to detail, vendor and client communications and problem solving mentalities were amazing. I didn't have to worry about a thing on my big day. I... Read More would recommend Simple Elegance to any bride who wants to truly have a stress-free, easy-going, perfect wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016

Lisa Forbes did an amazing job helping plan my daughters wedding. She was helpful, organized and went out of her way to make sure my daughters day was special. Lisa and her staff made sure the rehearsal, the wedding and reception went smoothly and stress free. I truly... Read More appreciate being able to enjoy my daughters day!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Jeanne S

Simple Elegance is Simple Excellence "We nailed it!" was the judgment of one of the most detail oriented brides I know - my daughter Kate. Simple Elegance's Kindra Browne was a huge part of that success. Kindra walked us through the planning process with her warmth and... Read More expertise. When we were searching for just the right tweak on a detail - whether it was invitations, linens, menu shapes, napkin folds - you name it - she facilitated the process until it was just right! The wedding went as smoothly as is humanly possible! Because of Simple Elegance and their professionalism, joy ruled the day and a good time was had by all - even the mother of the bride!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016

Holly did a fabulous job helping to plan the wedding and generally attending to all things the weekend of the event. She's tremendously easy to work with, highly responsive and will go the extra mile to take care of anything that arises. Having a wedding planner is the best... Read More thing we did to allow us all to enjoy the event.

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Ashley K

Simple Elegance wedding planning was one of the keys to success for our big day. Holly was great to work with and very helpful at every step. As a bride who travelled during the week for business - Holly's recommendations on vendors was paramount in our ability to even begin... Read More planning a wedding. On the day of our wedding Holly eliminated all of the stress of the setup and allowed my family and I to focus on the day. Hiring Holly was the most important and one of the best decisions we made!!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Annie B

I can't say enough great things about Kindra! She went out of her way to make sure the bride and groom had the exact special day they wanted. Her expertise and advice made planning so easy. Kindra is the exact kind of wedding planner you'd want- she felt like you were talking... Read More with a friend and also made sure every detail was met without you even noticing the day of. Next person I know getting married, I would happily recommend her. Thanks again!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Annie B

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Sydney M

Kindra Browne at Simple Elegance made our dreams come true! From the first meeting to the wedding day - the entire process was stress free and perfect. I would highly recommend her, or any of the SE team to anyone looking to hire a wedding planner. We couldn't have pulled off... Read More our special weekend without your organization, attention to detail, hard work, and friendship.

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 debbie o

I do not think I have enough space to write how I feel about Kindra Browne and her team at Simple Elegance. Without her expertise, guidance, calm and cool nature, organization, love and passion for what she does and great listening skills, as mother of the bride, I would not... Read More have had the most amazing, magical, perfect wedding and reception for my daughter that she has always dreamed of. I was apprehensive at first, having never hired a wedding planner or planned one myself. It, however, was the best investment I could have ever made. She has great unique ideas, good at negotiating with vendors, excellent not only in the prep but the day of. She had everyone doing exactly what they were supposed to be doing at the time they were to do it. We had a big wedding for my daughter and there were 24 bridesmaids and groomsmen total. She had a lot of people to wrangle and keep on task. I NEVER could have brought this day together without Kindra and her team. You get one shot to get it right and there are no do-overs. She is up to the task and delivers and she does it all with a smile and with kindness and she just made our family feel so special. Thank you, Kindra - we will forever be grateful for bringing all of our scribbles on paper, thoughts in our minds, pinterest ideas together into the day Sydney has always dreamed of. You rock, your people rock and we love you for all you did for us. I don't think there are enough thank yous to express how appreciative we are.

Kindra Browne

Kindra’s keen eye for organization, detail and design and her sensitivity to each client and their event have propelled Simple Elegance to the top in Kansas City, not to mention her ability to hire a GREAT team! The Simple Elegance team has received the following awards, "Hall of Fame", “Best of Weddings”, The Knot, “The Bride’s Choice Award, “ Wedding Wire and are member of the Style Me Pretty Little Black Book. Their real weddings have been featured in The Knot Magazine, KC Weddings Magazine, 435 South, Johnson County Living, Style Me Pretty, Carats & Cake, The Knot.com & Brides.com