Engagement Party, Getting Engaged, After Party, Bridal Shower, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Planning, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

Bow2010

Reviewed on 6/16/2016 Micaela K

Holly Davidson was top notch! The wedding day was everything we imagined because of her attention to detail and taking full charge of the wedding details. She was always professional, responsive and made sure we were enjoying the planning process while she handled the details... Read More and contacts with vendors. We were able to relax and enjoy the day because she was there, worth every penny! Holly has a good rapport and working relationship with vendors which was key. The day of the wedding she handled everything from fixing the dress bustle to finding the MOB lost purse. We enjoyed working with her and absolutely would pick her again and again.

Reviewed on 5/28/2016

As Mother of the Bride, I wanted a fun and worry-free day for my daughter and me. What I didn't realize was how crazy the last 6 weeks can be. From our first meeting with Lisa, I knew we were in good hands. Her attention to detail, her organization and overall calming... Read More presence made it a wonderful experience. I would highly recommend Simple Elegance and especially, Lisa Forbes.

Day of Coordinator=Life Saver!

Reviewed on 1/06/2016 Melissa C

I wasn't planning on hiring any sort of wedding planner since I am the planning type who has most things organized exactly how I want them, but deciding to hire a day of coordinator less than 3 months before my wedding was the BEST planning decision I made. Lauren Kadel was my... Read More day of coordinator and she was absolutely FABULOUS! She is very personable and I liked her from the moment I met her. She contacted all of my vendors with any and every question/concern I had. She made and edited (several times) our wedding timeline to send out to all of the vendors, created a newsletter to send out to our bridal party, and helped me work through tons of details that I had not even thought of. I can't image what my wedding day would have been like without her. Because of Lauren and the work she did for my family, we were able to enjoy every single second of the wedding weekend with zero interruptions about things that could have gone wrong (I still wouldn't know if something did go wrong!). My only regret is that we didn't hire her sooner. If you are wondering about hiring a day of coordinator from Simple Elegance, DO IT. I promise it will make the day you have been planning for the most enjoyable day of your life. Ask for Lauren..you won't regret it!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Amy H

I love to plan and host events of all sizes. I'm organized and type-A. The date of my daughter's wedding was chosen, along with the church, before she was even engaged. I didn't think I wanted a planner but since this is the first wedding I've hosted, I'm so thankful I hired... Read More Simple Elegance and Lauren Kadel! Right when the type-A would have turned into type A++, get out of my way, my daughter's getting married in 6 weeks *!*&%!!, they stepped in and took over everything. I enjoyed EVERY single bit of the wedding process because they did all the hard work: details on top of details, schedules and confirmations, never ending follow ups with vendors, payments and cancellations, emails and drunk members of the wedding party....oh and also a torn bridesmaid's dress, up the entire back side, after the first dance when she "dropped it low". I got to do all the fun stuff at the beginning (choosing the vendors, help shop for my daughter's dress, pick flowers) and then just enjoy the ride! Lauren was great! She's pleasant, professional, organized and anticipates everything! I questioned whether I really needed or wanted help, until those last 6 weeks when the stress builds and everything needs to come together. I am so thankful to Lauren because now all I have is wonderful memories of an "effortless" (on my part) fun and gorgeous wedding for my daughter.

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Lauren C

Nichole with Simple Elegance was an absolute dream to work with! She was so kind and considerate throughout the whole process. She was always quick to respond and went above and beyond to make sure that our whole day ran smoothly. I was so grateful for a wedding planner because... Read More there was SO MUCH I didn't know/realize I needed. :) Highly recommend her and the rest of her team!

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Lori L

I have tears in my eye as I, the Mother of the Bride, write this review...Had it not been for Holly Davidson assisting from DAY 1 with my daughter's wedding, it may not have been the romantic, elegant and most magical day of her and her new husband's life! Our daughter and her... Read More now husband , both live in Dallas Texas and travel extensively for work and activities....distance was the challenge...or was it? NO! Holly saw the vision from the beginning by always being available to the bride and groom via phone calls, emails and monthly or sometimes daily updates! As I was the key person to do the legwork here and many of the initial vendor visits...Holly always had the list in hand for vendors that matched the bride and grooms personalities and visions of the perfect wedding. Over the months she never missed a phone call, an appt., a suggestion, an idea...and at times would remind all of the Wedding of their dreams would soon be a reality. And. It. Was.! Not only was it perfect...she was right by the Bride's side every minute as well as mine, the FOB, the Bridesmaids, and every vendor involved. Simple Elegance as a whole support one another and are always focused on the one sole purpose of making the entire process and every single day leading up to the special day beyond perfect and very "Simple and Elegant !"

Reviewed on 8/30/2016

I was lucky enough to have Lauren Kadel from Simple Elegance assist me with the details and logistics of my April wedding. Lauren is smart, professional, hardworking, detail-oriented, and a pleasure to be around. I was reluctant to ask for any help with planning and logistics,... Read More as I wasn't sure what I thought of inviting a relative stranger into such an intimate event. From my first meeting with Lauren I knew I didn't have to worry. Now I know my mom and I couldn't have done it without her--she kept wonderful detailed notes and created documents to keep everything running smoothly. She reached out to vendors who were lazy about responding to me. She got stuff done like a boss while somehow also being a joy to be around and work with. I cannot recommend Lauren Kadel or Simple Elegance enough for your wedding. She's simply the best!

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Margaret G

Lisa Forbes helped us in the last six weeks of our planning process and took over on the wedding day. I cannot say enough great things about Lisa! We had a stress-free, fun day of celebrating while Lisa attended to the timing and details to make it all come together! Lisa was... Read More ALWAYS kind and caring and ready to help at every moment. It was so wonderful to see the day unfold as we had planned it, while Lisa took charge of the details...prompting us for what we might need or want to do next. Our daughter's wedding was so wonderful and Lisa was a treasure!

2016-08-30T10:52:27 Response from the vendor

It was such a pleasure working with you and your family! The day was perfect and I'm so blessed to have been a part of it! Lisa

Reviewed on 8/05/2016

Where do I begin? Our experience with Simple Elegance was excellent. Holly Davidson is top notch. She is well organized, detail oriented, professional and above all an extremely nice and thoughtful person. She handled every detail for our wedding from start to finish.... Read More From our very first meeting, she was totally engaged with the vision my daughter had for her big day. Plus, she had all the vendors who could help make that vision a reality. The weekend of the wedding, Holly and her staff ensured everything went off without a hitch. If there was a problem, I certainly didn’t know about it. I didn’t have to worry about anything. All I had to do was enjoy my evening with my daughter, new son-in-law, family and friends. The day after the wedding my daughter said, “I’m sad we won’t be seeing Holly anymore.” That’s how enjoyable our experience was. I would highly recommend Simple Elegance! I wouldn’t plan a wedding without them.

Reviewed on 7/27/2016 Kathryne M

Holly was absolutely fabulous and one of my favorite parts of our wedding planning process. I looked forward to each of our meetings and/or phone calls together because she is just so much fun to be around! As an out of state bride, I always knew that she would handle the things... Read More that I wasn't able to get to (or just didn't want to spend the time doing on my short trips home). It was such a help throughout the process to have Holly's calming influence and second opinion- although she only gave it when she knew I desperately was seeking her advice. Holly is incredibly organized and made sure our wedding was seamless and everything we could have ever dreamed. She took so much of the pressure off of my parents, husband, and myself, and we were able to just relax and enjoy the weekend. I would recommend Holly to anyone and everyone - she is not only a wonderful wedding planner, but just a great presence to have around and an example to learn from.

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Natalie H

I cannot imagine planning the wedding without Kindra. Everything went so smoothly throughout the planning process and on the wedding day. My wedding was more beautiful than I imagined it would be.

Reviewed on 7/22/2016 Geneva M

Kindra Browne at Simple Elegance was our rock star!!! We held a large formal Catholic Wedding in downtown KC and had our reception at Union Station with an amazing band out of Dallas, TX. We hired Kindra as our full service wedding planner and worked with Kindra for 12 months.... Read More Kindra's attention to detail, her professionalism, her patience were second to none! Kindra and her team were simply amazing! We never could have pulled this beautiful dreamlike wedding off without her. Our forever gratitude to an amazing wonderful human being that we will love and consider a friend forever! JJ Magness & Geneva Magness Pick

Reviewed on 7/12/2016

It was so valuable to have a person in charge on the day of the wedding. Lauren kept everything on schedule. We used the day of planning option which worked well for our family!

Reviewed on 7/07/2016 Matt T

From start to finish my experience with Lisa from Simple Elegance and her team was nothing short of perfection. I choose Lisa because she understood how an out of state bride teaching her first year of Kindergarten in Texas was going to make planning a wedding in Lawrence,... Read More Kansas a challenge. She effortlessly lifted the weight off of me to make our day come together beautifully with her planning. Between checking in with us before we traveled home for the big day, meeting with us early before our morning rehearsal, and staying late to make sure our reception went exactly to plan I would not have trusted anyone else with our wedding day as much as I did her. She worked collectively with all of our vendors to ensure we all were on the same page before and on our wedding day. Lisa and her assistant knew exactly how to solve problems when they arose and made sure it did not create any stress for others. She knew how to make decisions quickly that benefited my guest and wedding party to make our day even better. She would kindly get me to ask brief quick questions if she needed my help and then executed our timeline flawlessly. Lisa is so knowledgeable about what she does from the planning, to rehearsal, to our wedding day and her skills proved to me so worth having a wedding planner. Lisa made our day amazing and between holding my flowers, fluffing my dress, solving my veil crisis, sweating in the heat, and sharing quite a few laughs there is no way I could thank her and her assistant enough! Our day was flawless because of her work and I would highly recommend her to make your wedding planning easy and wedding day B-E-A-UTIFUL!

Reviewed on 7/01/2016 Katie M

Holly and Kristin were amazing. I don't think I could have enjoyed my wedding without them. I only hired them for the day of coordination, but they were on top of all the details since the day we had our 6 week meeting. My wedding had a lot of moving parts and Holly and Kristin... Read More really took care of everything, while making sure my husband and I, and our families, enjoyed the wedding we had planned. Holly and Kristin were extremely professional, caring, and considerate. They took all the stress out of the day for me, while making sure everything ran smoothly and on time. I was thankful to have them as my coordinators and there the day of my wedding. I would recommend them to anyone getting married that wants to have stress-free wedding day. Even my father told me he was thoroughly impressed with Holly and Kristin. You need these ladies as part of your wedding day team!

Reviewed on 6/26/2016 Julie B

I hired Lauren, a wedding planner from Simple Elegance to assist with the execution of the wedding day. I would NOT recommend her and below are a few reasons why. The bride and mother-of-the-bride had an awesome time working together for over a year on the special day. Lauren,... Read More the wedding planner from Simple Elegance, was the person that we wanted to share the joy and excitement of the day with but she did not deliver what we expected nor needed. The Wedding Party Newsletter was our first impression of her work and it overflowed with misspellings (Vera Wang (Wand)/being/begin, incorrect dates (the date for the prior week’s rehearsal), missing information, two different addresses for the location (119th/199th Ave.), and on and on. We had to correct her on these mistakes until the fourth attempt when she finally got things right. The wedding day is “The Bride’s Day” so I did everything I could to shield the bride from decisions and issues that would occur during her big day. Lauren’s direct and impersonal requirements to follow the schedule made it stressful. She also did not express any words or actions that showed that she cared about the bride or showed that she was enjoying the day. Others went out of their way. During the rehearsal, the pastor began by asked everyone to do introductions and she interacted with the wedding party. The first thing that the videographer said to the bride was, “What can I do?” and he checked with her throughout the night to be sure he was capturing what she wanted. We worked with over seventeen vendors and Lauren was the least engaging and personal to the bride and the wedding party. We didn’t receive a follow up note from Lauren until 2 ½ weeks after the wedding. I called to provide feedback before Simple Elegance or Lauren communicated with me. I was told by the owner that Lauren should disconnect when she took vacation after my daughter’s wedding. I agree BUT a generic note 2 ½ weeks later was an insult. The genuine text message on Monday after the wedding from the bus driver was more personal, kind and prompt. “I wanted to personally thank you for your kindness, thoughtfulness, and generosity to us both bus drivers. It was our pleasure!”. I took the time to provide Lauren with a handwritten note and VERY generous gratuity the night of the wedding but it was hurtful that I didn’t receive even a thank you note until I had to ask for one weeks later. I called Lauren and the owner with suggestions but don’t feel that made a difference so I am sharing more broadly. Don’t hurriedly send out a newsletter with errors but instead get someone to proofread your work before sending it to a client. On the day of the wedding, be sure to bring a smile and genuine words of excitement for the bride and the rest of the attendants. A simple, kind and grateful text when you get in the car to leave the venue would show that you care. Make it more about the wedding and less about getting the job done. May every bride and groom be blessed on their wedding day.

2016-06-27T14:08:31 Response from the vendor

This is Kindra Browne, the owner of Simple Elegance. I am truly sorry that you feel this way. We wish you and your family all the best.

Reviewed on 6/13/2016 Megan C

Lisa was absolutely wonderful in helping to coordinate our wedding. I felt not one minute of stress before the wedding and that is thanks to Lisa and her wonderful team. Couldn't have had such a smooth day without them!

Reviewed on 5/26/2016 Kelsi D

Where to begin? I cannot say enough amazing things about Holly and the team at Simple Elegance. We met far in advance of the wedding and from day 1 she was incredibly professional, on the ball, and so wonderful to get along with. The services she provided for the wedding... Read More coordination were above and beyond in every way. As the wedding approached, she and her team took everything off my plate. I'm not sure if I forgot after meeting her over 1 year before the wedding or what, but when the final weeks started ticking away and we she was in touch with each and every vendor multiple times confirming everything from payment, to start time, and so much more, I was blown away. She creates an extensive timeline and newsletter that is distributed to the wedding party and anyone who needs it. This is incredibly effective in streamlining and making sure everyone is on the same page. I had a very specific vision of what I wanted our wedding to look like and I booked the majority of our wedding vendors, but Holly executed my vision seamlessly. Working with Holly and Simple Elegance was by far one of the best decisions I made. I knew I wouldn't have trouble picking things out and making decisions along the way, but as things neared the wedding date things get rather crazy with everyone needing a question answered; it was so incredibly helpful to be in the moment and not worrying about the details, Holly and her team took care of all of that. Holly and her team are incredibly professional and solved any issues that came up - I couldn't even tell you if there were any, which is all a bride can ask for :) My absolute highest recommendation!

Reviewed on 5/23/2016 Andrea B

We absolutely loved working with Lisa Forbes and the Simple Elegance team. From the day we began working together, Lisa made everything a breeze and we could not have imagined our wedding without her. Lisa and the Simple Elegance team are incredibly professional, dedicated and... Read More detail-oriented. We always felt like we were a priority and that the success of our wedding day was of the utmost importance to Lisa. We can not say enough wonderful things about her and Simple Elegance!!!

Reviewed on 5/18/2016 Chandler C

Lisa was such a blessing to have for our wedding! We used Simple Elegance for the "Wedding Day Directing" service and it couldn't have worked out better! We met twice before the wedding day and each time I felt 100 times better after meeting with Lisa! She always made sure we... Read More were on the same page and knew what the other was working on and needed to be getting done! On the day of the wedding I had no stress because I knew we were in good hands and Lisa was so organized keeping everybody on schedule and making sure everything went exactly how we had planned! We couldn't of asked for a better person or company to help us in the final planning steps of our wedding day!

Reviewed on 5/09/2016

Lisa Forbes was the perfect wedding planner! She helped keep all the vendors in check on my big day and made sure the day wasn't stress free. She comes highly recommended! Don't plan a wedding without Simple Elegance!

Reviewed on 1/11/2016 Paige L

We could not have planned our wedding without the guidance of Simple Elegance. We hired Holly Davidson shortly after getting engaged and she helped us through every step of the wedding planning process. At our very first meeting with her, she had gauged the style of wedding we... Read More were looking for and she started creating a plan to make it happen within our budget. She is very perceptive, kind and patient. She met with us regularly and promptly responded to questions and concerns that anyone had. Contracting with the vendors and other wedding details can be pretty overwhelming, but Holly really helps you through all of that - she gives you a small group of vendors to choose from that fit what you are looking for and she tells you what details do or don't work from past experience. She's a lot of fun to work with, she puts you in touch with the best people in KC and she helps you keep you focused on what really matters. By the day of our wedding, absolutely every detail was figured out, we had a timeline, everyone knew where they were supposed to be and had someone to get them there. Everything went so smoothly. Our wedding day was perfect, and there was absolutely no way we could have accomplished it without her. Nothing went wrong, and I have had many friends and family members tell me how impressed they were with how smoothly everything went that day. It was a beautiful wedding and so much fun. Holly is a true professional and so great at what she does. I highly recommend having her guidance from the very beginning of the planning process.

Simple Elegance - SIMPLY AMAZING

Reviewed on 1/06/2016

Can't rave enough about Simple Elegance and Holly Davidson. She was on top of every detail you can imagine. The wedding on New Year's Eve was no small feat and she made it perfect and seamless. We do not live locally and yet we stayed in constant contact and kept us informed... Read More of what needed to be taken care of. She has amazing vendor contacts which were perfectly suited to our needs and they all love her also. Her organizational skills and professionalism was beyond compare.

2016-01-11T10:15:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you! We had so much fun planning with you and bringing in the New Year with your family and friends. What a fun wedding it was!

Well worth the money!!!

Reviewed on 12/22/2015 Ali V

I chose to use Simple Elegance for a "day of coordinator" and although I thought it seemed a little pricey it was worth every penny!! I had already selected all of my vendors so I didn't think I would require that much assistance, but I was very wrong! Luckily, I had Lauren as... Read More a coordinator who not only dealt with vendor issues but helped pull off the wedding of my dreams!! If I had to do it all over again I would have hired her from the start!!! I highly recommend Lauren and Simple Elegance!

Wonderful Planner

Reviewed on 11/10/2015

This is my second experience of working with a wedding planner and I cannot imagine going anywhere else but Simple Elegance. Lisa Forbes was our planner and she was excellent. Anytime I needed advice, referrals, recommendations she was there. On the day of my daughter's wedding... Read More , she handled all the details and I basically was a guest at the wedding. I am a big fan of the team at Simple Elegance!

Kindra Browne

Kindra’s keen eye for organization, detail and design and her sensitivity to each client and their event have propelled Simple Elegance to the top in Kansas City, not to mention her ability to hire a GREAT team! The Simple Elegance team has received the following awards, "Hall of Fame", “Best of Weddings”, The Knot, “The Bride’s Choice Award, “ Wedding Wire and are member of the Style Me Pretty Little Black Book. Their real weddings have been featured in The Knot Magazine, KC Weddings Magazine, 435 South, Johnson County Living, Style Me Pretty, Carats & Cake, The Knot.com & Brides.com