Planning a wedding is one of the most fun & wonderful times of your life, but it is also frustrating & expensive. The little details you promised you wouldn’t care about become important & suddenly you’ve lost track of time, purpose & your chec...
k book. Planning a wedding should not be about one day, but rather, the rest of your life. Nicola helped us regain our focus & remember this day is about us. Our love, our commitment, our future.
I found Simply Brilliant Events while researching wedding planners on TheKnot. I had interviewed 2 planners before I found Nicola. I watched one of her videos & was instantly attracted to her lovely accent. I expected her to be the Mary Poppins of wedding planning. She is so much more!
Michael & I chose to work with SBE for multiple reasons. After our interview, I truly believed she had an invested interest in us & I trusted her. I had numerous concerns. Will I need to hand over all control? Can a planner maintain our wedding vision? This day is about us. It was important for our wedding be uniquely us, not a cookie cutter wedding of some planners go to vision. It was also important my planner not receive kick-backs from vendors. I wanted to make sure when we asked for a photographer, videographer, florist etc we were receiving the best options, not ones with any financial incentives. Nicola addressed all my concerns up front & helped us in so many ways, including keeping my sanity intact!
I have listed a few ways SBE helped us stay calm & focus on what is most important; our relationship.
1. She kept us organized. I forwarded all contracts to Nicola. She kept them available in case we needed to refer to 1 for any reason. Most vendors contacted Nicola directly when they had questions, which was great. Whenever I received an email regarding wedding info I would either forward it to Nicola & she would respond, or I would cc her & she would update them if I missed something.
2. She kept us on track with a detailed to-do-list using aisle planner.
3. She managed our time appropriately. Ex: When we went to look for linens Nicola arrived before us & selected a few options she thought we might like. We looked around a bit, but ended up going with the first 1 she put down.
4. She worked on our schedule. I would send a list of times Michael & I were available to meet & she would take care of contacting the vendors & scheduling appointments
5. She helped us create a wedding that was true to us & our personalities. I envisioned a winter wedding with navy & gold, with a timeless, classic, romantic feel, but not stuffy. I had no idea how to make that happen, but Nicola did. We worked together to find florals, linens, décor etc. that matched our theme & personalities. Our wedding was more immaculate than we could have ever imagined.
2 of the most wonderful things about working with Nicola are her flexibility & patients. I would find something I liked on Pinterest one day & the next something completely different. She rolled with it, but also kept me focused. She would recommend option A over B for X & Y reasons, but ultimately let us make the final decision.
I highly recommend Nicola to anyone I know planning a wedding. It is very difficult to express in words the amount of adoration & respect we have for Nicola. We are forever indebted to her & the services she provided to us.