Sleepy Hollow Inn & Event Center WNC Mountains

Swannanoa, NC

Book Your Wedding with Sleepy Hollow Inn & Event Center WNC Mountains

A BALLROOM IN SWANNANOA, NC

A short journey from Asheville, North Carolina, the Sleepy Hollow Inn and Event Center WNC Mountains combines Southern hospitality among five acres of photogenic surroundings. A great venue for couples visualizing a laid-back country wedding, this is a popular option among to-be-weds in the local area. With a mixture of indoor and outdoor spaces on offer, the venue caters to all tastes.

The venue is ideal for small and medium-sized wedding gatherings, handling up to 150 guests per event. It comprises the following spaces, which couples are given access to for the duration of their wedding day:

The Garden. Featuring an ornate gazebo structure that overlooks the pond, the Garden makes a brilliant spot for outdoor weddings. Located within proximity of the Main House, this forms a lovely backdrop for first-look pictures and other wedding photography.

The Pavilion. The rustic charm of the Pavilion makes a versatile space that can host both ceremonies and receptions. Featuring a large central fireplace and minimal wooden furnishings, this accommodating space holds room for up to 140 guests.

The Main House. The quintessential Southern farmstead, the Main House of the Inn offers sleeping space for up to 22 overnight guests. This delightful property comprises a porch and patio, which command striking views over the surrounding countryside.

The venue’s knowledgeable team works closely with a trusted supply of vendors who will provide a menu and decorations tailored to your needs. All food and alcohol are included in the catering deal, with cake cutting provided at no additional costs. Although the Garden is the preferred location for outdoor ceremonies, the Main House provides an indoor ceremony setting, in addition to the Pavilion, in the case of inclement wedding. While parking is provided, the venue recommends guests carpool where possible, due to a shortage of available spaces.

There is overnight lodging for up to 22 guests within the Main House, while the nearby Carriage House facility allows space for up to four guests. The venue also provides audio equipment, with the choice of a local DJ or simply rigging up your computer with a custom-made playlist. Setup and clearing away are included in the rental fee. The venue aims to provide couples with a full day's use of the venue. You are welcome to come and set up two hours prior to the ceremony. Candles and tealights are permitted provided there is flame protection.

The wedding package includes ceremony, food, alcohol and decorations. Other noticeable add-ons include:

• On-site wedding coordinator
  • Bridal dressing room

All Inclusive Wedding Packages in WNC Mountains

Picture yourself surrounded by nature, exchanging vows near a pond and gazebo or inside near a roaring fireplace in a new event center. Imagine walking down the driveway lined with white fencing leading to a historic Inn where you will relax and prepare for the beginning of your future together.

Ballroom, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

132 Old Jim's Branch Rd., Swannanoa, NC (828) 298-1115

Couldn't have asked for a more perfect weekend!

Reviewed on 11/19/2013 Heidi H

We got married at Sleepy Hollow on Nov 2. We had the most fantastic experience and could not have asked for a more perfect setting to start our new life together! Our friends and family raved about the location and how beautiful the event was. This is an all-inclusive venue... Read More and allowed us to focus on what was really important and not worry about finding our own vendors or having to shop around. The cost of the venue includes the wedding coordinator, florist, cake, photographer, caterer, cake cutting, servers, and DJ! We met with their vendors and added our personal touches and everything turned out FABULOUS! You can choose your own if you desire to, but we chose to use the recommended/included vendors and were thrilled with every single one! We were also able to book the bed and breakfast and the wedding party came in on Friday and stayed through Sunday morning. It was awesome to have a whole weekend instead of just one evening with our closest friends and family. We were also able to have the rehearsal dinner there, so this saved a lot of money! This was gorgeous and was also one of the most cost effective ways to have a beautiful wedding that we found!

2014-05-27T13:49:27 Response from the vendor

Heidi and Bobby. I can't believe I missed this review. Your wedding was soooo beautiful and your photos stunning. We want to wish you the very best and do keep in touch. Thanks again, Danrae, Danielle, Clayton and staff @ Sleepy Hollow!

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Katie S

All I can say is that every bride and groom should consider having their wedding at Sleepy Hollow Inn and Event Center. It is a medium sized wedding venue that offers practically everything you would need to host the perfect wedding from food, ceremony/reception to lodging for... Read More yourselves and out-of-town guests. We had many people that were traveling so having everything is one spot was a must have. Danielle and Danrae were amazing from first meeting to wedding to checking out the next day. We had the best time and our guests raved about how good the food was and how beautiful the ceremony and reception was. Seriously, even if you have to travel, you should really consider Sleepy Hollow in your wedding plans.

2017-05-15T13:40:45 Response from the vendor

Awe, Thank you so much for such kind words. It was an absolute pleasure to be a part of your big day! Please do be sure to keep in touch and send us updates of you & your family as your adventure continues :)

Would Enthusiastically Recommend

Reviewed on 5/23/2014

Sleepy Hollow Inn and Event Center, and in particular their wedding planner Danielle, put together a phenomenal wedding package for my fiancé and my guests. Our friends and family came up to us throughout the evening and repeatedly asked "where did you find this place?" and told... Read More us that "this is the most beautiful wedding" that they had ever been to. Now, I'm sure that my beautiful bride played a big role in that ... but the setting, the landscape, the facilities, etc. were outstanding. Sleepy Hollow is well situated off of I-40, near some very affordable hotels and restaurants. It's also a quick drive (or $15-20 cab ride) from downtown Asheville, so you and your guests have plenty of options for nights out, afterparties, or even an off-site rehearsal dinner. The grounds aren't expansive - but they make maximum use of the available land and sight lines, which makes for wonderful photography and pleased guests. I feel that the price we paid to be married at Sleepy Hollow was extremely competitive, especially for the Asheville area. I would highly recommend Sleepy Hollow to my friends and family, as well as whomever else reads this feedback.

2014-05-27T13:47:15 Response from the vendor

I can only assume this is Bill, or one of our wonderful grooms. It is always a pleasure hearing from our grooms as well as the brides. Your day was special as are you and we wish you a wonderful future together. Thanks again.

Reviewed on 5/31/2017

I just got married at Sleepy Hollow on 5/26/17 and the entire team went above and beyond to ensure that my husband, Matt, and I would have the wedding of our dreams! I keep saying that it was everything we hoped for and more! We enjoyed our wedding eve dinner, loved the woodsy... Read More setting of our private ceremony, and had more fun at the reception than we ever could have imagined! The decor was beautiful, all the food tasty, and the music exactly what we ordered. Matt and I also appreciate the extreme amount of attention everyone at Sleepy Hollow put into making sure we and our guests were always taken care of. Everything about the two-night event was truly magical - everyone enjoyed staying together in the beautiful house and kept saying how much fun everything about the wedding was. We chose Sleepy Hollow as our wedding venue for the beautiful atmosphere and intimate setting it could provide for our small wedding. We wanted something that was a relaxed celebration of togetherness for everyone in attendance, and we got exactly that. Again, we couldn't be happier, and recommend this venue to anyone looking for a truly unique venue to host their wedding.

Reviewed on 5/31/2017

2017-05-31T10:41:21 Response from the vendor

Gretchen, your wedding was truly Magical! I love that you & Matt chose a completely private location that we have never used before!- How special :) Thank you again for the kind words, they are very much appreciated. Best wishes to a future full of... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/18/2017 Misty D

I know everyone has already said it, but seriously...this place was FANTASTIC!! When I was looking for venues, there wasn't a single place that could compete with what Sleepy Hollow had to offer. An all inclusive package that included lodging, DJ, catering, cake and floral... Read More allowances, decorations, wedding coordinator, and many other things that made planning my wedding a million times easier. I planned my wedding from Oregon and did not have the money to fly back and forth multiple times to try/see/sample things. Thankfully I had friends in Asheville, and they were able to tour the place for me. After that, I put my faith in Danielle and her knowledge, and I was never let down. Without her, I would have been lost! She was very quick to respond to my many emails and (sometimes ridiculous) questions. She was super patient the day of and was a critical part in making everything go smoothly. I can not imagine how the day could have gone any better! The house itself is amazing! It's much bigger than it looks from the outside and the internet can not do it justice. Each room is unique and there was plenty of room for all the guests. The event center is gorgeous and it was super convenient to have the ceremony, reception, and lodging all right there. You can't go wrong with choosing this venue!

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Ann H

This is THE PLACE to get married. I honestly wasn't sure what to think when I heard the name but after encouragement from the friend who introduced me to my future (now) husband I felt I had to give it a chance. After all, she was 100% on leading me to the man I love, she must... Read More know. We drove out there on a rainy day and met the staff/owners. I did not have my hopes up, a rainy day and all, but when I saw the place my heart knew I was in the right place. For starters, the owners are so nice. They are relaxed, great sense of humor, but stayed on task and kept me focused on what I was wanting for my wedding. They showed us around and the place, even in rain, it is beautiful. The setting and the venue/buildings were all set and ready to go and were more than I could have imagined. We scheduled a time to come back on a pretty day and it was like taking a layer of film off of the previous memory that was already impressed and just really made me fall in love all over. There are so many places to choose to be married on site; in a gazebo, on a small bridge-like setting in front of a pond with a water fountain in the back ground, in front of a big fire place, in a large reception room, or under a weeping willow tree. Well, I chose under the weeping willow next to the pond. Our wedding day was perfect weather, blue sunny skies and a slight breeze blowing through the limbs of that tree. Now one thing that did concerned me was that I do not feel that I am photogenic but the photographer did not see me that way. The pictures made me, my husband and the event all beautiful. I cannot say enough good about this place. I wish words could thank the owners and staff enough for making the day the special day it became. They leave me with a warm feeling inside, a smile on my face, and a laughter in my heart. Thanks.

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Christine T

I would highly recommend this place for your wedding. The staff was easy to work with. Everyone loved the food and cake which is rare. For being all inclusive it was very affordable. Thank you for making my wedding stressfree.

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Parisa R

I could not have dreamed of a better place to say my I do's. Everyone was so helpful with my crazy planning! Now my in-laws wanna go back for their renewal!

2017-05-15T13:42:46 Response from the vendor

Tell them to come on! We will gladly host their renewal!- Would love to have your family back again :)

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Duane H

This venue was the prefect place for our wedding. The grounds are beautiful. The staff was very helpful , and worked with us to make our wedding day exactly what we wanted. I would recommend this place for your wedding . You will not regret it.

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Amber B

This venue is without a doubt the best venue you could choose for a wedding. Our wedding would not have been as perfect as it was if it were not for the amazing team that works there! Everything went so smoothly and there was absolutely no stress for the whole weekend stay. They... Read More literally make EVERYTHING so easy, like taking care of your flowers, your cake, your DJ, your food, and everything else that you can think of. The inn itself is excellent and absolutely beautiful. We had 22 that stayed and it worked out perfectly and everyone loved it. The breakfast they served for us was excellent and the service was great. I have no complaints at all about this place. It is definitely worth what you pay and I will continue to suggest this place to every bride! Thank you Sleepy Hollow for being so amazing to us!!

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Stacey N

My daughter was married at Sleepy Hollow and I must say that Danielle went above and beyond to make their experience wonderful with a lifetime of beautiful memories. Everything from the decorations, food, to attending to every need the day of the ceremony without question.... Read More Absolutely beautiful day!

Reviewed on 7/29/2016 Victoria P

I don't even know where to start when it comes to how amazing our wedding was, thanks to Sleepy Hollow and their staff! Working with Danielle in the months leading up to our big day (and on our big day) was an absolute pleasure. She is responsive, professional, and genuine. We... Read More loved the entire venue, and all the accommodations were clean and charming. Our wedding day went off without a hitch, and everything - food, cake, flowers, ambiance, waitstaff - was more fabulous than I could have ever imagined. You can tell that the owners take pride in their establishment and business, as they should. I would recommend Sleepy Hollow to anyone... even in mid-July when it's blazing hot outside!

Reviewed on 7/08/2016

Wonderful venue! Our daughter's wedding was beautifully arranged. I can not say enough good things about Danielle (coordinator), and her ability to make things exactly as the couple wishes. The vendors that are used are excellent. The decision to have the wedding here is one of... Read More the best we made, the burden of making arrangements for each and every little thing was lifted from us and Danielle's recommendations were perfect. The event center, for the reception, was elegantly decorated and beautiful. The B&B is easily large enough to accommodate all the wedding party with their families. The owners were great, routinely checking to make sure everyone was comfortable and enjoying their stay. This is close enough to Asheville and the Blue Ridge Parkway, that your guests will have many options for things to do while there.

Reviewed on 6/30/2016 Christina S

I had an amazing experience. My wedding was a worry free experience because of the staff at Sleepy Hollow. The wedding coordinator is beyond amazing. The Inn has an old world antique charm and breathtaking scenery tucked away in the Blue Ridge Mountains. The staff is wonderful.... Read More Making sure that there was zero stress for me on my wedding day!! I loved every minute. I used their recommendations for catering, cake, flowers and EVERYTHING was perfect! I can not express enough how happy I am we decided to get married there at Sleepy Hollow.

Reviewed on 6/26/2016 Shelby M

This is the perfect venue! The first time we visited, we knew that this was the one. The location is beautiful -- tucked away in the mountains, but still close enough to Downtown Asheville that out-of-town guests (and brides/grooms!) can spend some time in the gorgeous town.... Read More The package is all-inclusive, so food, cake, and lodging is all included in the overall cost. Best of all, you get Danielle aka the best wedding coordinator ever. She made everything so easy and had a lot of great ideas for decorations. The staff was extremely accommodating and super nice. We couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Reviewed on 5/27/2016 Danielle L

Sleepy Hollow is an all inclusive venue as compared to other venues that make you pay for cake, flowers, etc. separately. The staff is extremely accommodating and very friendly. They provide you with a high quality list of vendors that they have worked with before, taking out... Read More the guesswork, but also leaving you the option to decide who to choose. Danielle is really great at what she does and makes sure everything goes exactly how its planned. We had an awesome experience and would recommend Sleepy Hollow to anyone.

Reviewed on 4/20/2016 Kendra W

This venue was amazing. From Danielle, the wedding coordinator, to the owner and her photography, I was more than pleased. Everyone was so organized, the vendors they work with are all exceptional, and they ensured that the ceremony and reception flowed flawlessly. If I had to... Read More choose a venue again, it would be Sleepy Hollow.

2016-05-04T11:43:21 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much for your kind review. It means the world to us. Your wedding was beautiful. Thanks again. Danrae, Danielle, and Staff @ Sleepy Hollow

Sleepy hollow wedding

Reviewed on 12/17/2015 Vicki M

Beautiful venue, delicious cake, great photos. Danielle, the wedding coordinator, will help you design the wedding you and your fiance are imagining and she is the biggest reason took a wedding package with sleepy hollow in our opinion. They let us do paper lanterns at the end... Read More of the reception and move our wedding date when my oldest brother in the military couldn't make it to the original date. There is nothing bad to be said about this venue. Wonderful people, fun reception, perfect ceremony, they try to do everything you ask for and go above and beyond. All of our guests enjoyed the wedding and had nothing but good things to say about the venue

Reviewed on 11/18/2015 Kara K

I searched tirelessly around Westerner NC for a venue that had beautiful outdoor landscapes for the backdrop of my wedding, AND catered well with weddings. This place had that in spades. Not only does the outside look gorgeous, their in-house facilities takes care of most of... Read More your wedding needs. What Sleepy Hollow does not provide for you in-house (officiant, videographer, etc) they provide a list of recommended vendors that Sleepy Hollow has worked with extensively in the past, and those vendors usually give you a discount just because you are getting married at Sleepy Hollow. Since everything in my wedding was either provided by Sleepy Hollow in-house (catering, photography, decorations, chairs, set-up and tear-down crew) or was recommended by Sleepy Hollow at a discount I saved a TON by having my wedding here. Money saving aside, I would just like to talk about just how amazing the coordinator Danielle was during this whole process. She took care of my during the entire wedding planning experience PLUS on the day of the wedding. Danielle took LOADS of stress off of me during this wedding planning process. She was great, and she even wore purple on my wedding which was one of my wedding colors. I even asked if we could have a dessert bar added to our wedding. Not only did the in-house catering provide a whole table of desserts, but Danielle also saved 2 of everything so me and my husband could eat them later. I have to say that having my wedding at Sleepy Hollow is the second best decision I made in my life. My first best decision was picking the man that I married there. I would recommend having a wedding at Sleepy Hollow to anyone!

Reviewed on 11/09/2015 Kelly B

Sleepy Hollow was an amazing venue for our special day and we can honestly say that we had our dream wedding! The venue was beautifully decorated the day of the wedding and you could not ask for a more naturally beautiful setting. Danielle (the wedding planner) makes the day... Read More truly enjoyable because she coordinates the days events and any tasks that need to be taken care of at the last minute. As the bride I can honestly say I did not feel stressed the day of my wedding and I was able to really just enjoy the celebration with my family and friends. Danrae is a great photographer and she is willing to take any picture you can imagine. Our stay at the B&B was nice and we enjoyed not having to go very far from the wedding reception. The rooms were clean and the bridal suite was adorable and a perfect place to get ready on your wedding day. Overall, I had a great experience at Sleepy Hollow and I am very pleased with the wedding memories my family and I created here :)

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

From the moment we stepped on the property over a year ago checking out the place to the moment we left it after the wedding, we were treated professionally and personally. Each member of the staff at Sleepy Hollow were impeccable at what they do, and took care of everything. It... Read More was such a load off knowing everything was taken care of, and made the day so stress free! Each amenity included in our package exceeded expectations, and not one thing left something to be desired, some of which included DJ services, the cake, photos, wedding coordinator, continental breakfast, the Inn rooms, decorations in the house and Event Center, and others. Every detail was beautiful and enjoyable. I would recommend Sleepy Hollow to anyone as affordable and over the top amazing to have a wedding!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Channing B

Sleepy Hollow Inn & Event Center gave us the royal treatment! The staff is fantastic and very personable! This was a destination wedding for us and Danielle was such a pleasure to work with and was very helpful with the entire planning process to the execution of the wedding!... Read More Danrae is am amazing photographer and was just great to work with as well! My wedding was everything I ever dreamed of and more! I highly recommend this location to anyone getting married! It was great to be able to have all my friends and family all stay in one location, of course I do have a large family so not everyone could stay at the Inn but the Holiday Inn down the street is less than a 5 minute drive and they were great to work with as well!

Amazing Venue & Staff

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Amanda A

Eric and I cannot express our gratitude enough to Danielle, Danrae, Clayton, Amy & the rest of the staff at Sleepy Hollow. Every part of our experience was phenomenal. My husband and I, along w/ my family, rented the Inn and it was so wonderful to have all my family under one... Read More roof. Coming from such a large, close-knit family, it was amazing to work with a family oriented venue. The Inn was the perfect place to gather everyone. Breakfast was convenient and delicious! Danrae and Clayton were there first thing in the AM Saturday and Sunday prepping breakfast items. A gigantic thank you to Danielle. Danielle is truly gifted at coordinating. I was blown away by her throughout the entire process. She was not pushy but kept me on track. She let me know that she would be as involved as I wanted while planning. I initially thought I would do most of the planning alone however a few months prior to the wedding, stressed out, I reached to Danielle for help - a lot of it. I wish I had sooner because she helped me contact vendors, stay within our budget and completely fulfilled all my hopes. On our big day Danielle kept reminding me to breath and not worry, as the staff had everything under control. They did not miss a single detail and everything was set up exactly as I had imagined in the reception hall. Initially, I was sad that it rained all day until I entered the event center. I was blown away with how quickly it was transformed to fit over 100 seated guests when hours prior we had the tables set up. All of my outdoor decor was cleverly placed throughout the room exactly as hoped. The event center was so inviting and made the ceremony feel so special and close-knit. Our guests remained completely present and everyone complimented on how beautiful the room was. Every guest has asked me where we found this hidden, little gem. We have been told that the venue and wedding was the best they’ve ever attended! Not only were guests completely blown away by the property, landscaping, reception hall, Inn etc., I was also told that the catering was the best ever. The baked salmon and creamy, herbed chicken were a huge hit! Green beans and Raspberry salad were also favorites! Our DJ did a great job and kindly helped me to get the music together for the ceremony and reception. He did a great job balancing over 50 “must play” songs requested. :) Another huge thank you to Clayton. Clayton was so sweet and accommodating. He even ran out to the store for us mid-way through the reception because the guys drank all of my favorite beer before the end of the night. Lastly, I want to thank Danrae for the breath-taking photos. The entire wedding went too quickly but Danrae spent time getting priceless photos of my husband and his father, whose mobility is not quite what it used to be. Everyone was so helpful to ensure Eric’s parents, especially his father, were conformable. A day or so following the wedding, I felt a bit blue because it was all over and I couldn’t remember all the details or photos. I sent Danielle an email expressing my concerns and immediately heard back from Danrae. She assured me that we did in fact take more photos than I recalled. She also had photos already color-corrected and posted online for me to view which really calmed my nerves. All the vendors used by Sleepy Hollow were awesome, including Gina, who did our flowers. The bouquets were gorgeous. You will not regret choosing this venue. Best, Amanda and Eric McCormick

Sleepy Hollow Inn and Event Center review

Reviewed on 10/19/2015

My daughter was married this past weekend at Sleepy Hollow. After looking at other venues, this one was absolutely the best in so many ways. The package included the indoor or outdoor options for the ceremony,an inn with 9 rooms for out of town guests, the photographer, the... Read More DJ, the wedding planner, the food, and the cake and that took so much pressure off of finding all those things on our own. Everything was handled professionally and personally. It is a beautiful location, the inn, all the bedrooms, and the reception hall are decorated beautifully, and the wedding went off without a hitch. We even were able to have our rehearsal dinner right in the dining room of the Inn. Couldn't have asked for a better venue for the wedding.