Sleepy Hollow Inn & Event Center WNC Mountains

Swannanoa, NC

All Inclusive Wedding Packages in WNC Mountains

Picture yourself surrounded by nature, exchanging vows near a pond and gazebo or inside near a roaring fireplace in a new event center. Imagine walking down the driveway lined with white fencing leading to a historic Inn where you will relax and prepare for the beginning of your future together.

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

132 Old Jim's Branch Rd., Swannanoa, NC

Intimate Wedding (20 guests)

Reviewed on 7/22/2013 Sherri B

The praises from other reviews are true: you cannot find a better venue, staff, and total experience than at Sleepy Hollow. My husband and I are still in awe of how perfect our day was, and there is not one single thing we would change. I've had a lot going on with my health... Read More and job, so I knew that I wouldn't be able to micromanage a wedding. Enter Danielle and her phenomenal experience as a wedding planner. She is friendly and efficient (keep note, brides: a mean wedding planner is no fun on the big day. Danielle runs a tight ship, but acts like a friend and family. Big difference!) We live about 2 hours from the site, so we visited twice, but didn't do any tastings. No worries there, because the food and the cake were delicious and beautifully presented. The salmon, shrimp and prosciutto puffs, and yellow squash casserole were crowd pleasers. All the vendors that Danielle works with are exquisite and the best. I was a florist for 4 1/2 years and while I have made many of my friends' wedding flowers, but Gina (the florist) made me a bouquet that absolutely blew my mind. I couldn't have done it any better, actually, I couldn't have done it that well at all! All it took was me telling Danielle a few colors, themes, and some pictures for her to transform Sleepy Hollow into the personalized venue of my dreams. Her small touches, like fresh flowers on the cake, down to her wearing a purple top (my wedding color!), show that she is invested in you far more than a paycheck or just another gig. Every picture my family took, I can see Danielle smiling. Sleepy Hollow works that you can be as invested as little or as much as possible with your planning. I recommend leaving Danielle in major control and trusting that she will make it better than you can even have dreamed. Clear and concise directions, along with example pictures, help craft the beautiful event. The grounds are stunning with the pond and flowers, and the reception hall doesn't need much extra decorating, so don't worry about that. We had a small crowd, but Danielle arranged the tables so that the hall didn't look empty. Danrae and Clayton own the property, and are equally friendly and knowledgeable. I hired Danrae as the photographer, and she was a blast to work with. No boring or painful posed pictures here---you are a part of the Sleepy Hollow family and they work to make you happy. I slept with no problems the night before my wedding, because I saw how beautiful it all was. Clayton takes great care of the grounds, and is a fun bartender to have. The price point is perfect, and there are no mysterious added fees, which is another benefit. You know exactly what it will cost once you sign, and I encourage you to take advantage of this wonderful place. Whether you are close or far away, you are guaranteed an extraordinary experience. Our family was stunned, and is still talking about how they were blown away by it. My female family told me that I had the wedding of THEIR dreams. On another note, I worked with a newer videographer in the area, James Vrazel from A Beautiful Life Films, whom Danielle recommended. I also recommend his services for a great price, and even better personality. He was a blast to be around and my family was not camera shy around him! Overall, if you want a unique, memorable, and stress-free event: do Sleepy Hollow! It's not worth it to be anxious and stressed on your big day-enjoy it and share it with those you love!

2013-07-23T16:43:41 Response from the vendor

Sherri and Zack! Wow what a wonderful review. We can not thank you enough for a wonderful time we had working with you and meeting your family. I'm honored to have been your photographer and I think you are going to love your photos. You... Read Less Read More

Would Enthusiastically Recommend

Reviewed on 5/23/2014

Sleepy Hollow Inn and Event Center, and in particular their wedding planner Danielle, put together a phenomenal wedding package for my fiancé and my guests. Our friends and family came up to us throughout the evening and repeatedly asked "where did you find this place?" and told... Read More us that "this is the most beautiful wedding" that they had ever been to. Now, I'm sure that my beautiful bride played a big role in that ... but the setting, the landscape, the facilities, etc. were outstanding. Sleepy Hollow is well situated off of I-40, near some very affordable hotels and restaurants. It's also a quick drive (or $15-20 cab ride) from downtown Asheville, so you and your guests have plenty of options for nights out, afterparties, or even an off-site rehearsal dinner. The grounds aren't expansive - but they make maximum use of the available land and sight lines, which makes for wonderful photography and pleased guests. I feel that the price we paid to be married at Sleepy Hollow was extremely competitive, especially for the Asheville area. I would highly recommend Sleepy Hollow to my friends and family, as well as whomever else reads this feedback.

2014-05-27T13:47:15 Response from the vendor

I can only assume this is Bill, or one of our wonderful grooms. It is always a pleasure hearing from our grooms as well as the brides. Your day was special as are you and we wish you a wonderful future together. Thanks again.

Couldn't have asked for a more perfect weekend!

Reviewed on 11/19/2013 Heidi H

We got married at Sleepy Hollow on Nov 2. We had the most fantastic experience and could not have asked for a more perfect setting to start our new life together! Our friends and family raved about the location and how beautiful the event was. This is an all-inclusive venue... Read More and allowed us to focus on what was really important and not worry about finding our own vendors or having to shop around. The cost of the venue includes the wedding coordinator, florist, cake, photographer, caterer, cake cutting, servers, and DJ! We met with their vendors and added our personal touches and everything turned out FABULOUS! You can choose your own if you desire to, but we chose to use the recommended/included vendors and were thrilled with every single one! We were also able to book the bed and breakfast and the wedding party came in on Friday and stayed through Sunday morning. It was awesome to have a whole weekend instead of just one evening with our closest friends and family. We were also able to have the rehearsal dinner there, so this saved a lot of money! This was gorgeous and was also one of the most cost effective ways to have a beautiful wedding that we found!

2014-05-27T13:49:27 Response from the vendor

Heidi and Bobby. I can't believe I missed this review. Your wedding was soooo beautiful and your photos stunning. We want to wish you the very best and do keep in touch. Thanks again, Danrae, Danielle, Clayton and staff @ Sleepy Hollow!

Reviewed on 10/02/2015 Leah

We absolutely loved everything about our special weekend at Sleepy Hollow, from the amazing support of Danielle and Danrae throughout the process to the delicious food, everything was perfect from A to Z! Being able to stay where you're getting married is also a wonderful... Read More dream, since you get to enjoy a whole weekend, instead of just a few hours! The accommodations were lovely, the grounds gorgeous, and the event center was decorated even more amazing than we ever could have imagined. The food at our reception was delectable; we thought we took a risk by not trying the food before, but trust me, it was very delicious and amazing. I would have my wedding here again in a heartbeat and would recommend this venue to anyone and everyone. Love, Leah & Meg :)

2015-10-04T09:58:38 Response from the vendor

Leah and Meg, thank you for such a kind review. It is so appreciated. Wish you much happiness together. Danrae, Danielle & Staff

Reviewed on 9/24/2015 Danrae B

We hosted our Daughter's wedding at Sleepy Hollow and it was more beautiful than we ever could've imagined. Being from out of town I was worried we had gotten in over our heads with planning and preparing but I was pleasantly surprised on how wrong I was. Everyone was eager to... Read More help and keep the stress off not only my Daughter & her husband, but myself and my husband as well. Danrae, Clayton, Danielle, Amy, and Bianca were all amazing. In fact, they felt more like family with all of the special touches and attention to detail that they gave. We are beyond thrilled and hope to make it back one day, even if it's just to say hello and thank you once again for the memories that will last U.S. A lifetime! Sleepy Hollow is an amazing location that I would recommend to anyone!

2015-10-04T10:04:25 Response from the vendor

Patty, thank you so very much for such a kind review. Your families were wonderful and so gracious. Your review is much appreciated.

Perfect Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 8/16/2015

I am the mother of the bride Jeana Maynard's wedding which took place July 25th at Sleepy Hollow. The owners and staff were so accommodating; we rented the entire house for the weekend and we were able to spend quality time with our out of town families for the weekend.... Read More Breakfast was delicious. The DJ was top notch, Danielle (coordinator) was right there during the entire planning phase and the recommended vendors were very professional. Danrae, Owner/photographer is very experienced and professional and the photos were beautiful. She captured moments that will always be cherished..

Reviewed on 7/09/2015 Angela P

My husband and I just got married at Sleepy Hollow this past weekend (Fourth of July! :-) ). We couldn't have been happier with this venue and everyone who works there. Danielle is totally efficient, which means she's a huge amount of help to brides who need some guidance (I... Read More definitely fell into this camp), as well as those who know exactly what they want. Our ceremony started on time, and went off without a hitch. Danrae is also a great photographer, and got some amazing shots of us. It's worth mentioning that there's a lot of potential outdoor seating outside the reception hall, which is very nice in the summer months. I would also recommend staying there for the weekend. It made it much easier to get everything done in as stress-free a manner as possible, and it was lovely to be able to stay with a handful of our guests for the whole weekend. All in all, a very special, memorable experience!

2015-08-11T10:53:17 Response from the vendor

Angela and Devon, thank you for such a wonderful review. It is very much appreciated. We wish you a long and happy future together.

A Day to Remember!

Reviewed on 12/09/2014 Shawn J

All of the reviews that you read singing Sleepy Hollow's praises are true! Our wedding went off without a hitch. Planning was made easy by the wedding planner and everything turned out great. The staff was great. I am glad we picked Sleepy Hollow to be our wedding destination... Read More and I would not have changed anything about our big day. Thank you to everyone who made our big day great!

Couldn't have asked for a better day!

Reviewed on 11/12/2014 Heather R

My wedding at Sleepy Hollow Inn was everything I could dream of and more! Everything was wonderful and Danrae and Danielle was such a pleasure to work with. Danielle was truly AMAZING! When I arrived at the venue on the day of my wedding September 6th, EVERYTHING was already... Read More done! Brides always talk about how stressed they are the day of the wedding, well that is NOT the case at Sleepy Hollow. Danrae was very sneaky with her picture taking and they turned out great! My husband and bridesmaids still talk about how smoothly the day went. If you are looking for a venue that will create your dream wedding and cater to your needs so that you can enjoy getting married, Sleepy Hollow is the place to choose. Thank you Sleepy Hollow for helping my dream wedding come true!

My Happily Ever After

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Lora A

My wedding at Sleepy Hollow went extremely well! Everything was perfect and the staff were wonderful to work with! I would 100% recommend them to anyone looking to get married! It was a stress free day that I was able to fully enjoy with all of my family and friends! Wedding... Read More planning was also stress free with Danielle's help! Thank you all so much for making my BIG day unforgettable!

Amazing wedding venue!! A+++++++

Reviewed on 10/13/2014 Andrea C

Wonderful place! Our family and friends loved the venue and we had the wedding of our dreams. I never thought my wedding day would be so stress free! Danielle is amazing and will help you every step of the way! Highly recommend Sleepy Hollow! Thank you for eveything!

2014-10-16T08:27:05 Response from the vendor

Andrea and Ryo, your wedding was so beautiful and your families so much fun. We wish you a long and healthy life together.

Shear perfection!

Reviewed on 7/22/2014 Chelsea O

I can't say enough about what a great venue Sleepy Hollow Inn and Event center is. The accomodations are wonderful and great for an entire family. The event center has everything you need. The food was great. Danaille the wedding coordinator was on top of everything. Danrae was... Read More everywhere taking pictures and they are beautiful! One stop shopping and a beautiful location. What else could you need! The Ortuno family

Joshua/Chelsea Miller 7-12-2014

Reviewed on 7/21/2014

Sleepy Hollow staff made our special weekend a fabulous one! Everything was perfect! Danrae and Danielle became a part of our family and made sure we had everything we needed. From the moment we met them in January 2014 and started planning til we drove away on Sunday, every "i"... Read More was dotted and every "t" crossed. The food, dj, and accommodations were perfect. I would highly recommend Sleepy Hollow to anyone and will.

Best Day of our lives

Reviewed on 6/19/2014

We did the Garden (75-100 people) package and booked out the Inn for the whole weekend. I did not use the photography included in the package, instead I hired my own photographer, so I can't comment on that. The Inn- The weather was GORGEOUS (70s and Sunny) and the flowers... Read More at and around the Inn were beautiful. Our families loved being able to stay at the Inn for the weekend. After we left the night of the wedding, both our families plus guests stayed up partying in and around the Inn. It was so nice to have the after party right there and not kick everyone out right after. I wish they had more rooms available though (only enough room for about 25 people to stay there) Planning - Having Danielle at my disposal for the months leading up to the wedding was invaluable. She was always on top of things and super responsive and helped things go so smoothly the day of the wedding. She knew how to handle each and every small issue and detail that came up. She helped the day run so smoothly all I had to do was relax and enjoy! Food- I was kind of worried about the food since I didn't see many reviewers mention it, but everyone is still raving to us about how good the food was. The chicken in white wine sauce in particular was so amazing! Drink- One of the best things about Sleepy Hollow is that they don't charge for alcohol like most venues- you bring your own and they will serve it. It saved us so much money in the long run. Value- Sleepy Hollow is one of the more economical choices in town and I believe you more than get your money's worth. I had friends that paid 3x as much as I did for their wedding and said ours was better! Ceremony- We did the ceremony outside. You can hear the noise of route 40 in the background (but you can't see it), but with the music and everything you don't even notice. It was a gorgeous backdrop with the gazebo. Cocktail hour- we paid extra to do the cocktail hour around the Inn, which was nice because it was gorgeous out and everyone liked being outside instead of going straight into the reception. Reception - My groom and I missed the cocktail hour and the staff at Sleepy Hollow (because they are amazing), saved some appetizers for us to eat when we first sat down and kept our glasses full the entire reception. What great service! The reception was fun, food was amazing, and my husband and I even went outside for a bit to grab some sunset photos reflecting on the lake outside (it was a beautiful sunset). I would highly recommend this as it was a nice time for us to pause after getting married. I do wish the reception could have gone on a little longer. We started the wedding at 4pm (latest possible), which went to 430, then cocktail hour until 530 (that costs extra), then extended the reception the most we could from 3 to 4 hours, which ended the night at 9:30. It felt like just as the dance floor was heating up, it was time to leave. But, at the same time, it was nice to leave while the party was hopping and everyone still got to hang out at the after party around the Inn after. Overall - Best decision we made (minus the one to actually get married in the first place) was to get married at Sleepy Hollow. They take care of almost everything, from parking to linens to helping you plan. They even had people to help organize the sparkler exit at the end of the night! I would recommend this venue to anyone!

2014-06-20T13:40:39 Response from the vendor

Ryan and Victoria, thank you so much for your kind and generous review. Your wedding was beautiful and your family very gracious. Wish you many years of happiness together.

Absolutely Wonderful

Reviewed on 5/30/2014 Natalie B

From the very start of our experience with Sleepy Hollow it was wonderful. Both Danrae and Danielle were so helpful. Danielle always got back to me so quickly and made it less stressful planning a wedding that was out of state. We knew going into this that we had to be budget... Read More conscious and with Sleepy Hollow it was very easy to do without skimping on class or beauty. We stayed in the house the whole weekend which made everything so much easier. Even our guests raved about how great everything was. I was a little apprehensive about having someone cater that we'd not tried but was so very pleased with the outcome. The food was excellent. The only thing that we did notice was that they took all of the food away and didn't give the option of keeping any of it for ourselves. But other than that it was great. It did rain quite a bit on our day and we still managed to do the ceremony outside. The reception hall is just perfect and so very inviting. I have told so many people about this venue and will keep recommending them for years to come.

2014-06-20T13:43:09 Response from the vendor

Natalie and Will. I'm so glad your experience at Sleepy Hollow was a good one. Hope you had a wonderful honeymoon in CA. We wish you much happiness.

Perfect outdoor wedding location in NC mountains!

Reviewed on 5/26/2014 Leslie M

We held our wedding here on May 17, 2014. The staff at Sleepy Hollow were kind and accommodating and took great care of us and our families all weekend. Danielle the wedding planner was amazing, she was responsive, flexible and made our dream wedding come true and without any... Read More stress on the bride and groom. The location is beautiful and quaint, perfect for a small to medium sized wedding with a great event hall and dance floor for the after party. All of the vendors used by Sleepy Hollow were professional and did an excellent job.

2014-05-27T13:42:25 Response from the vendor

Wow, thank you so much Leslie or Bill for your generous and kind review. It is so appreciated. Your wedding day was beautiful as are the two persons that made it that way. Thanks again.

Leslie & Bill Hackenbracht's Wedding at Sleepy Hollow

Reviewed on 5/23/2014

The Sleepy Hollow Inn is a hidden gem in the mountains of North Carolina. The value for all of the services provided is amazing and the service of the Inn owners and wedding planner is invaluable. From the time we arrived until the wedding day and after, the Inn and staff were... Read More efficient, creative and always available for any unforeseen issues. I highly recommend the Inn-you will love it! Best value ever !!!

2014-05-27T13:43:57 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for such a generous and kind review. It is couples like this that makes our work so much fun. We wish you or them a wonderful future together. From owners and staff @ Sleepy Hollow.

The Perfect Place!

Reviewed on 11/09/2013 Elizabeth B

If you want a simple, affordable, and beautiful place to get married, you can't go wrong with Sleepy Hollow. They have a variety of different wedding packages to fit your needs. Their vendors did a wonderful job. The food and cake tasted amazing! Danrae takes great pictures! She... Read More has a beautiful setup to capture those great wedding pictures! We got our pictures between 2 to 3 weeks after our event. They came out great! She even printed a few 8 x 10's for us, and made us a photo album with a variety of 4 x 6's. Most of our wedding planning was done through emails. Danielle the coordinator, did a great job responding and working with us to make our wedding the way we wanted it. It made wedding planning less stressful and fun. I highly recommend Sleepy Hollow Inn & Event Center if your getting married in the Asheville/Swannanoa area.

Sleepy Hollow Inn & Event Center

Reviewed on 10/29/2013 Cheryl N

We loved it! Everything was so seamless and easy to plan - even with us living out west (Colorado), it was the perfect venue, it wasn't tough to plan and was absolutely beautiful. They catered to our personality and style, and we had so many compliments about the vendors that... Read More were used. We couldn't be happier! The best part of the entire wedding, it wasn't just one day, but we could spend it with family and friends for the entire weekend.

2013-11-05T08:40:28 Response from the vendor

Cheryl and Matt. Thank you so much for your kind review. Your photos are in the mail and we hope you like them. They turned out gorgeous. Stay warm in Colorado!

Mrs. Beverly Babbitt

Reviewed on 10/22/2013

We had our daughters wedding at Sleepy Hollow Inn and Event Center, and it was beautiful. They made it to easy and relaxing for us, we were able to really enjoy everthing. They even got the DJ for us and he was so much fun. I would totaly say go have a beautiful and fun wedding... Read More there, they do all the work for you.

2013-10-23T07:22:57 Response from the vendor

Thanks Bev. totally appreciate your wonderful review. It was a really fun time and Danielle was sooooo beautiful. May they have many beautiful grandbabies together!

Mrs.Nicole Julsonnet

Reviewed on 9/03/2013

Words cant really express our feelings on much we LOVE Sleepy Hollow!!!! They took such GREAT care of us to the point where we weren't stressed AT ALL and actually enjoyed the planning process, rehearsal and of course the big day!!! The Inn was beautiful and such a relaxing... Read More atmosphere. All the rooms were decorated different, yet charming and luxurious in their own way. Danielle, our wedding planner, was beyond fabulous in all that she did for us & Danrae took such memorable pictures for us to enjoy and treasure for a lifetime!!! I could go on and on forever but the point is...if you are looking for a beautiful place, people who actually want YOU to be happy and make your day so special, then Sleepy Hollow is the place to get married at.:)

2013-09-05T09:58:03 Response from the vendor

Ryan and Nicole, thank you so much . Your wedding was so much fun and unique. Loved your details and your families were so gracious.

Mr. & Mrs. Newsome

Reviewed on 8/09/2013 Laura N

We had our dream wedding at Sleepy Hollow Inn on July 20, 2013. It was PERFECT! We planned it for a year ahead and everyone talks about how stressful wedding planning is. Not the case with Danielle and Danrae! They were so wonderful in helping us prepare for our big day. Sleepy... Read More Hollow offers packages that include things most wedding vendors don't! It was so nice not to have to worry about set up and clean up. I live 5 hours away from Asheville and was worried it would be hard to plan from so far away. That was not the case either. Danielle was very prompt and knowledgeable when it came to my questions and concerns. Our family ended up reserving the inn for the whole weekend because we had many out of town guests. We had the best time preparing for the rehearsal and getting our last minute wedding details to come together. Our rooms we BEAUFITUL! Everyone was pleased with our stay. Breakfast on Sat & Sun morning were good, it was nice on Sunday to spend time with everyone again before we left for our honeymoon. I would definitely recommned Mary at Flower Gallery in Asheville. She did an amazing job on my flowers and we only communicated through e-mails! Also Wanyette Scruggs at Sweet Promises bakery did my cake and it was excellent, so moist and she has so many flavors to choose from. We had an awesome DJ who kept the party going, which was GREAT for a wedding with 120 guests! All of my friends and family told me it was one of the BEST weddings they had every been too! Anyone interested in getting married here would not be disappointed! Love, Laura & David Newsome!

2013-08-10T11:11:24 Response from the vendor

Laura and David, Thank you for such a wonderful review. We enjoyed your wedding and working with you and all your friends. It was a FUN wedding and it seemed from looking at the photos and your feedback that everyone had a great time. That... Read Less Read More

Beautiful Venue For a Wedding

Reviewed on 7/08/2013 Jamie J

This venue is a gorgeous setting for a wedding. It was everything my husband and I could have ever imagined. We had the entire Inn for the weekend and it was perfect to have our friends and family around us all weekend long. We are still receiving compliments about how beautiful... Read More and perfect our wedding and the venue were. Everything went smoothly on our wedding day and if there was something out of place Danielle did a great job handling it! The food was great. They recommended a baker and DJ and we were very happy with them both. This venue is a great value and a hidden gem right outside of Asheville.

WOW!! What an amazing experience

Reviewed on 6/14/2013

I cannot find words to express how amazing our wedding and wedding reception were. The location, preparations, staff, food... all of it was perfect and exceeded any possible expectations I ever could have had!! We all felt like we got the red carpet treatment because they... Read More were at our beckon call from the time we arrived and even as we left. I feel like we have acquired new friends in them. We got compliments from everyone in the entire family about the facility. If you are looking for a venue that will really cater to your needs so that you can enjoy the experience of your marriage... Sleepy Hollow is the place to choose!! We LOVED each and every moment and will have fond memories our whole life long of this special time in our lives!!

2013-06-15T12:19:06 Response from the vendor

Julie, Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. I love your photos and the whole experience of a triple reception. We wish all three couples a long and healthy future together.

Wedding/Triple Reception

Reviewed on 6/12/2013

They did an awesome job!! Couldn't have imagined it any different. Definitely would recommend this venue :0)Very awesome & knowledgeable staff .

2013-06-13T07:03:39 Response from the vendor

Hi Mailani, Maile and Julie. Thank you so much and we are still talking about the uniqueness and how much fun your wedding and reception was. We wish all three couples the very best from Sleepy Hollow owners and staff!

TO Sleepy Hollow Inn & Event Center WNC Mountains