Where Maryland Gets Engaged

NO Pushy Salespeople — All our associates are NON-Commissioned NO Regrets — You and your fiance must be absolutely thrilled with your purchase or return it within 30 days for a full refund. The largest selection of Engagement Rings, Bridal Sets and Loose Diamonds on the entire East Coast!

Wedding Jewelry, Fashion, Engagement Rings, Wedding Rings, Rings

2020 York Rd, Timonium, MD (410) 252-6666

Smyth in Annapolis

Reviewed on 5/23/2014 Jodi V

They were very friendly and willing to work with me. I went there with only 6 weeks until our wedding and they were able to get me the ring I wanted when other companies told me they just didn't have enough time.

Beautiful rings and service

Reviewed on 12/10/2013 Chrissy D

My husband picked out my engagement ring at Smyth so we purchased our bands there as well. Absolutely gorgeous bands, and impeccable service.

2013-12-11T16:54:54 Response from the vendor

Hi there, Thanks so much for posting this - it's great to hear such nice words. Please let us know if we can be of any help in the future! Rhoula Monios, district manager

Fantastic

Reviewed on 11/26/2013 Rosina K

My husband went to 10 different jewelers until he picked Smyth to get my engagement ring. He said they were so fantastic in explaining everything. So we definitely decided to get our wedding rings there. My husband wanted the Tungsten comfort fit (so he was an easy sale). We... Read More decided to go to their Red Carpet Sale and I lucked out getting a beautiful eternity band (perfect fit) for 65% off. We will always do our shopping at Smyth!

Reviewed on 7/06/2017

UPDATE: Immediately following my negative experience Smyths customer service manager Josh contacted me, and met with me personally. He apologized that I was initially misinformed regarding the condition of the ring, assured me that it was not in danger of breaking and made... Read More some minor adjustments to correct the issue of the rings rubbing together. I had it back on her hand the next day It was a very pleasant experience after my initial disappointment. Josh went above and beyond to assure me that we would continue to be taken care of and used my experience as a learning tool for the associate who initially helped me. As they continue this level of service and make sure that all associates are trained to provide it Smyth is an excellent option for Jewelry and gifts. I am very disappointed with the service I received at the store today and I should start by saying I used to love the customer service that your employees provided. I bought my wife's engagement ring, wedding band, my wedding band, a watch, and all kinds of miscellaneous gifts over the past 7-10 years. The experience was always a pleasure. Somehow this has changed. I used to hear people say, "let me see how we can help" or "we can take care of this" now all I have heard recently is, "there is nothing we can do" or "you'll have to buy another ring." I cannot understate how unpleasant it has been to visit your store for service. I was told today that my wife's engagement ring is wearing down and will soon break. The reason is that she is wearing it alongside her wedding band and the metals rubbing together are wearing down the legs of the setting. This was a very special and expensive ring for me and my family, and to be told that it will soon break and the only thing you can do is solder the rings together or buy a spacer ring was extremely disappointing. When we bought the wedding band (with the engagement ring on her finger), no one warned us that this was a possibility, besides the fact that a ring which costs that much money should come with some assurance that it will not wear down and if it does you will help to fix the problem. This all happened within 5 years of being married. When my wife took my watch in for service several months ago because it was running slow was told that she would have to send it back to the manufacturer and that your store could not help. I had heard friends of mine and others say "Smyth has gone downhill" or "that something had changed there" but I didn't want to believe it until I saw it firsthand. It is very sad that I have to say that I will be making my next purchase at someplace other than Smyth.

Reviewed on 7/26/2016 Steven S

Bought wedding bands and an engagement ring from Smyth. The salesman incorrectly put the size of one of the wedding bands in for the order by 3 sizes. When we went to pick them up the first time this error was discovered when the ring was way too large. The person in charge... Read More of the service center told us they would reduce the price of the ring when they resized it. A week later we went to pick up the ring. A different service manager was there and told us they would not discount the ring and there was no note of it on our account. It is now 4 days before the wedding and we can't really go somewhere else to get the bands. Needless to say, not happy at all.

2016-07-27T12:03:59 Response from the vendor

We sincerely apologize for the misunderstanding, and appreciate you taking the time to speak with us this morning. Customer satisfaction is Smyth’s priority and we are so glad that you gave us the opportunity to reach out to you. We thank you for your patience... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/26/2016

YOU RETURN TO ANY STORE REPEATEDLY IF THEY HAVE GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE, HIGH QUALITY MERCHANDISE, A COMPANY POLICY OF STANDING BEHIND THEIR CUSTOMERS, AND FAIR PRICES. SMYTH'S IN TIMONIUM NOT ONLY MEETS, IT EXCEEDS THOSE STANDARDS. ALL OF THE SALES REPRESENTATIVES ARE MORE... Read More FRIEND THAN BUSINESS ACQUAINTANCES. I BRING MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS TO SMYTHS WHENEVER I HEAR THEM EXPRESS AN INTEREST IN PURCHASING JEWELRY AND ASSORTED OTHER PRODUCTS. I WOULD NEVER DO THAT IF I WERE NOT 100% SATISFIED WITH THE COMPANY.

Reviewed on 7/06/2016 Laura W

If you asked me a couple months ago where I would recommend buying jewelry from I would've said Smyth jewelers without hesitation. However, after my fiancé bought my engagement ring there (Elliott City location) I would strongly advise choosing a different store to purchase... Read More from. My fiancé was told he was purchasing a GIA certified diamond but when the time came to get the paperwork it supposedly couldn't be located, that is because it was never a certified diamond. Upon insisting the diamond be certified as we were told it was, it came back from GIA rated 1 grade lower in almost every category. This is known as "grade bumping". The Federal Trade Commission does have laws about diamond grade bumping and allows diamonds to be sold within 1 grade of what they truly are. So, yes, Smyth stayed within FTCs "rules"; however, is this ethical? Absolutely not. The difference in price between 1 grade of color, clarity, etc. is significant and as stated before, my diamond was off by 1 grade in almost all categories which adds up to big bucks in price differences. After realizing that they "messed up" they offered us a diamond which were the specifications cited from the original diamond purchase. What is irritating is that they acted as if they were doing us a favor by replacing the diamond with what we thought we purchased in the first place. Overall, yes they did attempt to make it right. With that being said, I would never trust purchasing from them again in the future. While they kept stating that the salesperson would have no reason to lie because she does not make commission, the store itself still lied on paperwork to make the store more money. If you do still feel inclined to buy a diamond from Smyth I would suggest only purchasing a GIA certified diamond, paperwork in hand. The jewelers may feel as though they didn't do anything wrong; but, bottom line is that it is unethical and sneaky.

Reviewed on 1/28/2016 Nicole B

I used them to service my wedding band and engagment ring:) Staff was super nice and they were very quick.

2016-02-01T08:34:57 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much for your review, Nicole. We’re glad you enjoyed your experience at Smyth.

Reviewed on 12/06/2015 Abby O

Smyth has the best customer service I have ever experienced. My fiance purchased my beautiful engagement ring here, we went back because the fit wasn't quite right and my ring kept spinning. They added sizing beads at no cost and had it done the same day. Every employee was very... Read More kind and willing to help us. We will be going back for our wedding bands. You cannont go wrong with Smyth.

Simply the best!

Reviewed on 10/10/2015 Meghan T

Rob at Smyth Jewelers made our experience one to remember. From helping my husband pick out my engagement ring to the purchasing of our wedding bands, Rob and the staff at Smyth was helpful, knowledgable and most importantly, fun and approachable! They are our choice of jeweler... Read More for life!

Great Place!

Reviewed on 7/17/2015 Alexis A

Everyone here is so helpful and nice. My husband and I bought our bands through them and my engagement ring. The staff was able to work within our budget and find something that we liked! I got the matching band for my engagement rings and my husband got a silver/gold band. If... Read More you go, ask for Billy! He's awesome to work with.

2015-07-17T10:37:37 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words...we appreciate your post!

A Monopoly

Reviewed on 7/08/2015 Teresa H

My husband got my engagement ring from Smyth and within 8 months one of the medium-sized diamonds in a four-prong setting fell out. That's when we found out that every 6 months the ring apparently needs to be examined for loose diamonds. We understand that things like this does... Read More happen but it would have been nice to know about have the ring checked when he bought the ring. We were told that we would have to pay for the diamond and that it would be ready in two weeks. Three weeks later we are still chasing them down to find out if the ring is ready. Each time we called it was someone new we talked to with a new story about why the ring wasn't ready. After multiple calls and manager requests we finally got the ring back after almost a month. Granted Smyth offered to cover half of the cost of repair. So we figured we would give them another try with our wedding rings. We were told the bands we ordered would be ready in a week no problem (we were getting married in two weeks). It took three phone calls after a week, three reps to finally get the bands the week prior to our wedding. When we showed up to pick up the rings we found out that there was an outstanding $20 after we had paid for the rings in full. That was the last straw. I know that Smyth has one of the largest selections in the Baltimore area but it's at the expense of quality and service.

2015-07-10T11:10:17 Response from the vendor

Hi, We are very sorry to hear that you did not have a positive shopping experience and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. At Smyth, we pride ourselves on our commitment to customer service, which has kept us in business for more than 100... Read Less Read More

A Jeweler I Can Trust

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Diane L

Smyth is the only place I know where thier associates do not work on commission. This makes me feel more comfortable that what i'm being told is correct and they arent just looking to make a sale. Will definitely be using them in the future

Fantastic service!

Reviewed on 7/08/2014 Tiana K

Huge selection and great staff! Always helpful and friendly, even when we didn't buy anything. When we did buy, they always worked to get us the best deal! Will never buy jewelry from anywhere else from now on!

Beautiful jewelry, great service

Reviewed on 6/23/2014 Tenley B

We have been going to the Timonium location and the saleswoman we worked with was great. Unfortunately she is no longer with Smyth, but both my wedding ring and engagement ring, and my husband's wedding band came from here and we love them all. They resized my engagement ring... Read More for me for free- 2x! My husband's ring came back too small and they happily got a new one made for him. My wedding band they customized the so the size of stones would match my engagement ring and so they went the same distance around the ring. The customer service counter in the back of the store can be kind of slow, but the sales people certainly work hard to earn your business and they make great quality products which they stand behind.

Love Smyth!

Reviewed on 11/06/2013 Amber

Amazing...great choices, luxury feel. Excellent cust. service.

You want the best, you go to Smyth!

Reviewed on 10/23/2013 Heather O

Smyth always has a good time getting you what you need, whether its a cleaning, picking something new out, or old, and you walk away feeling special, and that you meant something to them. One-on-one service, every time I've been there. Quick processing for pickups and free... Read More cleanings and gemstone adjustments for any article you've ever bought there. Great experience. love this place! We got our engagement ring, as well as both our wedding bands here.

Love my jewler

Reviewed on 10/23/2013 Beth

Rob made our ring shopping experience delightful. I picked out both of my rings. Even though i didn't think i wanted a certain style, he suggested i try it on and i LOVED it. They have great customer service. there was a slight issue with the ring (wrong size!) but they... Read More were all over fixing it in no time!! they even delivered the ring to Ocean City.

Fabulous Jeweler

Reviewed on 8/13/2013 Renee C

Great selection, great quality, great service, and reasonable pricing. They will also clean your ring at no charge anytime you'd like.

Love my rings!

Reviewed on 8/07/2013 Mike B

We got both my engagement ring and wedding band at Smyth. They were amazing to work with. Once we told them our budget there was no pressure to up-sell us. I've taken my rings in several times to be cleaned. Their customer service is amazing.

Brian was wonderful to work with!

Reviewed on 7/02/2013 Molly E

My husband and I worked with Brian at Smyth Jewelers when picking out our wedding bands. We had been to a few jewelry stores before going to Smyth, and from the moment we walked in the door, we knew that this was going to be the place we bought our rings. We were quickly greeted... Read More by Brian, who was more than eager to help us through every step of the process. We really hit it off with Brian and had a great feeling when he helped us select the perfect rings. He was extremely helpful, very responsive to emails, very flexible and went above and beyond to make sure we were completely happy with our purchase. I HIGHLY recommend Brian and Smyth Jewelers to anyone and I know that this will now be our go-to jeweler for anything needed in the future. Thank you Brian and Smyth....you have two new customers for life!

2013-07-03T16:19:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words. We greatly appreciate your business...and we love Brian too!

In love with my rings!

Reviewed on 6/25/2013 Holly B

We went to Smyth for our wedding and engagement rings. The engagement ring that I got was amazing and so unique. When I went back to get the wedding band, I worked with Carla who was fantastic, she helped us find what we wanted and stay in our price range. She made the... Read More experience all the much more enjoyable and we even had champagne, that never hurts!

2013-06-26T12:09:33 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words...we love to help couples in love!

frustrating...have lost stones from ring...

Reviewed on 6/10/2013 Kelly C

I love love love both my engagement ring and wedding band but very frustrated with Smyth. 7 days after I received my engagement ring I lost a diamond. Then 1 day AFTER my wedding I lost a diamond. They will replace them for free but I am frustrated that my husband still has... Read More to pay a ring payment because they had ordered the wrong matching wedding band. When they ordered the correct one it was $1,000 more and since he started paying the ring payments I have lost a stone. My entire extended family have been going to Smyth foreverrrrr and they have always made right and I felt like they should have done something but didnt do anything about the fact that I have lost 2 diamonds and still have a stupid ring payment bc they ordered the wrong ring.

2013-06-11T13:01:27 Response from the vendor

Hi Kelly, I'm so glad that you love your rings! My name is George and I am one of the sales managers and family members here at Smyth. I understand that we are repairing your ring and that you are financing a band. Please contact... Read Less Read More

They got it right

Reviewed on 4/05/2013 Teresa R

We went to several jewelers. None had what we wanted in store, all said they would look in to it and none called us back aside from Smyth. We found them at a vendor show and they lady said they were still open that day so we went straight there (on a Sunday night). The lady... Read More helped us by actually explaining each metal and the pros and cons to each one. I knew what I wanted by my husband wasn't sure because he has never worn jewelry before. If she hadn't educated us we probably would have bought the wrong one. They are extremely professional and helpful. We love our rings which were made exactly for us. We also have unlimited cleaning and resizing for the rest of our lives without paying extra for that service. Save yourself the stress and wasted time and just go to Smyth's. We went to the one in Annapolis Towne center and it is very nice.

March 2013 wedding

Reviewed on 3/31/2013 Amy M

Helpful and easy to work with. They re-ordered my husband's ring for free when he got the wrong size.