The Art of Celebration. Charlotte, NC

Something Classic has been serving Charlotte, NC and the surrounding region for over 28 years. We specialize in special event catering, corporate catering, event floral and design. At Something Classic the art of celebration is personal. We work with you and your event to create a menu that fits your taste, budget, and style. You can always count on our quality to be above standard and our service to exceed industry standards as we work to go above and beyond your expectations to delivery a flawless event!

Cuisine

Cajun, Northeastern, Southern, Southwestern, American, French, Greek, Indian, Italian, Latin American, Mexican, BBQ, Fusion, Seafood, Specialty

Dietary Options

Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

Buffet, Catering Clean Up, Catering Delivery + Setup, Chef Stations, Family Style, Menu Tastings, Passed Appetizers, Seated Meal, Servers, Food + Catering

1860 Lindbergh Street, Charlotte, NC (704) 377-4202

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Chelsea B

Something Classic was phenomenal! The service and food was excellent! We had a consultation that was very professional and they provided us with samples of their dishes, Catherine who I spoke with multiple times was their every step of the way to help guide me to choices that... Read More fit me and my husbands tastes buds and those of our expected guests. She was very quick to reply to any questions or concerns I had. On the day of they brought the food, set up and looked very professional and were exceptional at servicing us and our guest. The food was very good, fresh and my guests raved over it especially our mac and cheese pops and the ham biscuits. Thank you Something Classic for all the work and efforts you did to help make our wedding wonderful!

Reviewed on 9/24/2017 Elizabeth M

Amazing food!! We didn’t have a choice of caterers because the Mint Museum, where our reception was, requires Something Classic to cater events, but I don’t think we could have had better food from anywhere else! We had a nice southern bbq buffet, and it was delicious! We met... Read More with Jill, and she helped us plan the best spread! The chicken & waffles, mac & cheese lollipops, and southern antipasto were awesome appetizers! For dinner, we had pulled pork, bbq chicken, coleslaw, dill potato salad, baked beans, and the Italian summer salad, and it was so good! The corn muffins were the real winner though — the best cornbread/muffins ever! They made such an amazing dessert, too! We didn’t want a classic wedding cake, and thought about just mini cupcakes and cookies, but Jill suggested stacked lemon pound cakes with glaze and fresh strawberries, served with vanilla ice cream that they made right there — scrumptious! We had no idea what this looked or tasted like before our wedding day, but it was perfect! They packed up some leftovers for us to take home, which we ate the next day and it was just as delicious! They also packaged up part of the cake that we put in our freezer and we’ll break it out on our one year anniversary, and I’m sure it will be just as good as it was on our wedding day!

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Grace M

The food was absolutely delicious! We had a buffet style reception and Something Classic offered us a bunch of different options. The menu we ultimately selected was great and all of our guests told us they loved the food. They also offered us a full tasting of the dishes we... Read More selected prior to the wedding so we knew just what we were getting. We would definitely recommend them!

Reviewed on 9/01/2017 Kate T

Something Classic does food well. We had passed hors d'ouerves and a plated dinner for our wedding reception at the Mint Museum Uptown. The food was delicious and plated beautifully - we got lots of compliments from our guests. Something Classic is the exclusive caterer for the... Read More museum so we didn't shop around for caterers. They had a nice selections of menu items to choose from and a lot of "crowd pleasing" food. They seem to have a niche for fresh seasonal produce and their dishes generally have a southern twist. At the beginning of wedding planning, we were interested in a family style meal. SC didn't have much experience with family style meals, but were willing to work with us. We found that it wasn't easy to customize their menu for family style and decided to simplify to a plated dinner. SC excels at what they know and are familiar with serving. Our wedding dinner turned out great, and some guests even said it was the best wedding food they'd ever had! We worked with Catherine at SC who was delightful, responsive and accommodating. I'd highly recommend her!

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Kelsey L

Something Classic Catering was the perfect wedding catering company that I could have ever imagined working with. They are simply amazing. I am SO lucky to have had the opportunity to work with Catherine at Something Classic. She is the most phenomenal person and was a dream to... Read More work with. Not only is she responsive, professional, and incredibly helpful, but she is so kind and sweet and made this experience so fun. The day of the wedding our cake plate broke, and who ran out to her office at the last minute to get us a new one? Catherine. She saved the day and did it with a smile. In addition to all of that, the food was phenomenal and we got so many compliments. I loved loved loved working with them. Book them today!!

Reviewed on 11/11/2016 Janessa J

We used Something Classic as the caterers for our garden wedding last month. Catherine and the team did an amazing job working with us to develop our perfect menu that fit all of our needs and matched our budget. I swear every single person I've talked to since our wedding has... Read More absolutely *raved* about the food - the apps, the buffet, everything. Something Classic has a great reputation, but it seriously exceeded even the highest expectations I could've had. The service staff was amazing and super friendly and helpful. I couldn't recommend them enough!

Reviewed on 11/09/2016 Carrie K

We had our wedding at the mint museum on 10/14/16. Something classic is their exclusive caterer and they did an awesome job! They have so many options! They also did our decor which was amazing because it was all through 1 vendor!! Everything was delicious and beautiful!!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Sarah B

We worked with Catherine at Something Classic for our wedding and I can say that our entire experience with Something Classic from the beginning until the end was absolutely phenomenal. They are extremely professional, answered my millions of questions (fully and promptly), and... Read More worked with us on creating the perfect menu. We also used them for linens, cupcakes (we did this instead of a cake), and uplighting. The food tasted incredible at our taste testing, but we were worried that it would not be as good when made in bulk- we definitely worried for no reason, the food was INCREDIBLE on our wedding day! I can not tell you how many of our guests came up to us and told us how amazing the food was and we had multiple guests going up for seconds and thirds (of the buffet and the cupcakes). Their catering staff was so incredibly friendly and made sure that we had anything we wanted during the reception. They provided us with a basket full of food and cupcakes at the end of the reception which was devoured by us and our friends the next day (still tasted amazing). We would not have changed a thing and VERY HIGHLY recommend using Something Classic!!!

Reviewed on 6/08/2016 Heather O

BOOK THEM, just simply amazing! It was the first wedding that I have been too where people were going back for seconds. That should tell you all you need to know! Furthermore, Catherine was a breeze to work with. Always available and put the personal touch on the experience.... Read More She made sure the wedding party and us (bride and groom) were always taken care of. Whether it was making sure we had appetizers during picture taking or the take home basket we received as we were walking out the door (with a hand written note might I add) the wedding party was feed and full! We can't thank you guys enough! Love, Tony and Heather Jefferson

Reviewed on 5/07/2016 Meghan Y

Something Classic did an amazing job catering our wedding this past weekend at The Mint Museum Uptown! The communication we had with Catherine leading up to the event was always a delight! She answered all of my questions in a timely manner and was so pleasant to work with! Not... Read More only was the food amazing, but the catering staff did a phenomenal job! They were never in the way, but some how still managed to always have tables cleared and food out for our guests. We also had an open bar that they staffed, and we have received SO many complements on how smoothly that ran. The bartenders were quick and so friendly!! We highly recommend Something Classic for your wedding catering!

Reviewed on 11/14/2015 Jessica D

Catherine at Something Classic was wonderful to work with. She was very responsive, flexible, and delightful. The food was excellent and the service was awesome. Our only complaint was that toward the end of the night, the service seemed to decline and our cake and late-night... Read More snacks were not well advertised to guests.

Excellent Catering and Flowers

Reviewed on 9/02/2014 Caroline H

I used Something Classic for catering and food, and they did a spectacular job. They were timely, did exactly what I wanted, and the food and flowers were both excellent.

Delcious Food

Reviewed on 7/07/2013 Tiffany M

The food at our wedding was delicious. We had a seated dinner and the guests loved the food selections. The staff was very attentive and help keep everything moving!

Still Talking About The Food!!!

Reviewed on 6/15/2013 Lucy B

We had our reception at the Mint Museum Atrium in Uptown Charlotte and they are that space;s caterer and frankly was the easiest choice because everything was good!! I saw the "mashed potato bar" and I was set but I could go on and on from the cocktail hour Gazpacho Shooters and... Read More Rosemary Shrimp Skewers and bite size "fried chicken on sugar skewers" with honey mustard OMG yum it was all so great! Then inside the "Pasta Bar" "Salmon" "Slider's Station" with burgers, fried green tomatoes and barbecue sliders- everyone was happy! We loved working with Catherine and the whole group at Something Classic and I have been a fan for years and was so glad to work with them for the food we served at the reception- thanks for everything!

Just Amaizing

Reviewed on 6/28/2012 Julie B

I was so impressed with the staff and the presentation. The food was delicious. I plan to use them again for any size party I am throwing. Especially because they made it so easy.

Got raves

Reviewed on 9/01/2011 Alison B

Though they may be a bit more, I like their philosophy and their willingness to work with our varied and particular palates. The staff was helpful throughout the process, and hosted a lovely evening. When it was all over, I got several compliments on the taste and quality of... Read More the food

fantastic

Reviewed on 12/02/2010 Sara Corinne H

Abby worked with the event planner at the Mint Museum to design a setup that worked for us and wasn't what everyone else did! They were incredible, the food was absolutely amazing (yay for leftovers) and they really helped us continue the 'green' element we wanted in our... Read More reception. Thanks for a beautiful event!!!

Delicious food, a few bumps in the road

Reviewed on 9/22/2010 Anna R

In the end, Something Classic delivered a great meal and my guests were happy. We absolutely love the eco-friendliness, and that was the ultimate reason we chose them. Our rep, Catherine, was incredibly friendly and tried very hard to be accommodating and open. However, we... Read More did have a little rough patch with this vendor when trying to get creative with the menu. This proved to be a difficult task for them. We did a tasting where some of it was delicious, but some of it was done incorrectly (ie, made giant fried fish tacos instead of mini grilled ones, although on wedding day they were perfect) and some of it really just wasnt very good (the things we tried to get creative on, on the bland side). We did not start any arguments, just tried to push for tweaks in the menu. It resulted unfortunately in a very nasty and inappropriate phone call from the owner, Jill, to my mother basically saying that since we were a month away from the wedding it was too late to change anything and we should just be happy with what we are getting for the money we are willing to spend (way out of line). After relaying this to some friends, we learned that we were not the only people in town who got treated this way - this lady has a reputation. If I were to do it over, I am undecided on whether I would use them again. It was the most trouble we had with any vendor. If you don't care that much about having a unique menu, I would recommend them because what they turned out did taste good and their service on the day was excellent.

Awesome Food and Awesome Service

Reviewed on 9/21/2010 Suzanna K

Something Classic MADE my reception. I worked with Kristina Dauksys ([email protected])and she was a pleasure to work with. Everything I tasted was excellent. They handled the tables, chairs, tableclothes, in addition to all of their food services. Every guest... Read More raved about the food & the staff were truly genuine and awesome to be around. They really made our day great. The prices are very affordable and they are very willing to work with you to create an event just how you want it. The other great thing is that they are very "green." All silverware & plates are made from plant materials and are compostable. They really take every step possible (local produce, energy efficiency, they even recycle their cooking oil). All of the leftover food was boxed up for guests to take if they wanted & anything leftover was taken to a local shelter. They also packed up an awesome picnic basket for us to take with us when we left, which inclued a little bit of everything and a bottle of wine. This was a God send, as we didn't end up actually eating too much at the reception, which I understand is often the case.

Something Classic

Reviewed on 8/10/2010 Melany B

I chose Something Classic for my wedding and they did a wonderful job. I needed a lot of help in choosing tasteful yet economical selections and Joy was helpful and had great, creative ideas.

Wonderful!

Reviewed on 8/10/2010 Karly W

This caterer was wonderful. When we first met with her, Kristina, we immediately felt at ease and comfortable talking to her. The food was incredibly delicious. There were a few dishes we were interested in but asked if we could try them out, and she set up a full meal with... Read More those dishes for me and my parents, free! It was fantastic. She makes beautiful displays and puts flower garnishes on some of the dishes. She is very professional and reliable, and the team even put together a basket of food and things for my husband and me to take with us after the wedding, because so often the bride and groom don't get a chance to eat much! Highly recommend! The other great thing about Something Classic is that they also do florals! The florist, Karen, was also so kind and easy to work with. She loved all my ideas and gets so into it. You can tell both of these women love their job! She did such excellent florals, and it's great to have them both from the same company because they can coordinate so easily and make the decor so smooth. She also took care of our table linens and chairs we ordered, etc. Excellent, excellent!!

Rating for Something Classic