Sound productions DJ and MC Service

I can Also Meet You In Albuquerque & Rio Rancho area.

Creating Unforgetable Memories Through Music

Congratulations on your engagement! We are honored you are Considering us. We have the best responsibility in the world, We make unforgettable memories through music,planning and amazing lighting. Hi I'm Matthew and I Love being a DJ because I get to help you plan the most important day of your life, I enjoy filling your room with beautiful lights and watch your guest dance until they are tired! Would you like Sound Productions DJ & MC Service to help you with your wedding? Please call or email me so we can talk about your day. I look forward to helping in any way I can. Sound Productions by DJ Matt

Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock

Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Sound Equipment, Music, Planning

A2f84579 05f6 4400 aa0c 4597c7a89d92~rs 100

6542 Freemonth Hills Loop, Rio Rancho, NM I can Also Meet You In Albuquerque & Rio Rancho area. (505) 352-0609

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Drew H

Sound Productions DJ and MC provided exceptional service at our out-of-town Ski Area Wedding June 24th, 2017. There were many challenges which were handled gracefully, from a forecast of rain at our outdoor venue, to the groom walking down the aisle a song early! DJ Ray knew our... Read More ceremony playlist well, and was able to fade our "guests-take-seats" song and transition to the "Wedding-Party-Enter-Ceremony" song seamlessly. DJ Ray arrived with plenty of time to set up in a place he had never been, set up the alter with a microphone and speakers, and begin playing our genre of music requested, all without any need for direction from me on the day of. It was so stress free the day of because we had planned everything out during two face to face meetings. We paid for a package deal including all travel and set up for ceremony and reception services. We were stretching the 6-hour package from the exact start time (4pm) of the ceremony to the end time (10pm), however DJ Ray was kind enough to begin playing our requested genre music as guests began arriving at 3:30pm, and ended perfectly on our requested last song of the night "Dancing in the Moonlight" at 10pm. DJ Ray communicated well throughout the evening and the dance floor was filled all night. The MC services provided kept us on schedule and allowed us to have an amazing wedding without the need for a wedding planner or day of coordinator. Thank you, DJ Ray and Matthew Martinez for providing the perfect atmosphere and coordination at our wedding. PS: Every wedding I attend where there is an iPod playlist and rented speakers, the dance floor comes to a pause during that 1-2 second silence between songs. When this happens, I lean into my husband and whisper, "I am glad we had a DJ at our wedding..."

2017-08-22T15:04:00 Response from the vendor

Wow....Thank you both so much for that feedback. I love it when my clients realize the detail we put in and how important it is. Its great to work with amazing couples like yourselves and we are so happy we were chosen to help your... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/04/2017 Erin P

Matthew Martinez was just amazing! Very professional and extremely helpful from start to finish. He took the time to make sure he did everything he could to make our night just perfect. -He came to Santa Fe just to see our venue, since he hadn't been there in a while. Just... Read More to make sure he knew exactly what he had to work with before it was showtime. -I needed serious help with making decisions and he was there to give suggestions and walk us through it. -He directed our timeline for the evening. So incredibly helpful! -He listened to everything we said & what we wanted. -He was so patient. Some guests thought it was more important for the bride to pay attention to them, instead of answering our MC's questions. He not only was extremely patient with them, he knew exactly how to handle the situation. -He saved the evening. Our venue messed up quite a bit and we had very little time left over to party. Matt took it in stride and pulled us out of the mess. We not only got through everything we wanted to do, we still had time to have a fantastic time dancing the night away. Matt knew exactly what to do and how to get the party going. It was a true honor to have him as our DJ and MC. Wish the night didn't have to end so soon. I would highly recommend Sound Productions, services are above and beyond.

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Dillon F

DJ Matthew is AMAZING! Use his services! I have never met a more professional and organized person. He helped us so much with our big day, and he did a GREAT job!!! Best DJ I have ever worked with!! Thank you Matthew! :)

Reviewed on 9/23/2017 Briana C

We chose Matt to DJ our wedding due to his wonderful reviews and professionalism from the very first phone call on day one! He knows what he is doing and knows how to accomplish and bring life to his customer's vision. From the way he was dressed, to the state of the art-... Read More high-tech equipment he brought for our event, everything was PERFECT. He helped us keep our special day on track by helping us make a reception timeline. He put so much effort into the detail and planning of our wedding- we felt like our event was important and of high priority to him. He was so helpful with picking services and upgrades for our event (I was thinking we needed more speakers and lights, and he told me honestly what we did and did not need). He has a great selection of music and is able to get songs if he does not have them in his library. He is honest, dedicated and has so much experience- I would recommend him to anyone in search of a DJ for their event. I would give him 10 stars if I could! Thanks, Matt!

2017-09-23T11:56:23 Response from the vendor

Wow, I get so excited and emotional when I hear couples like this so happy. I truly loved being chosen for your beautiful wedding and I love when couples realize how important your entertainment is. My experience taught me what I know and my passion... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/27/2017 Lynette B

Searching for a DJ....... search no more .Sound productions DJ and MC Service is top choice and only choice. Matthew will ease your stress he will work with you and meet your needs. He is down to earth and knows what he is doing not like these clowns who claim to be a great DJ... Read More service. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed on 8/26/2017 Carlie B

Matt Martinez with Sound Productions is the DJ to choose for your wedding or event! He made our wedding so special and fun! Guests danced all night and guests even were sad when the night was over!! You get what you pay for and Matt is worth every penny! Best DJ ever!!

Reviewed on 8/11/2017 Stephanie S

When booking a DJ for your wedding...this is your DJ! As a bride you have so much going on and planning to complete. Mathew helps keep you organized and makes sure on the day of your wedding you are not worrying about anything, but having fun and enjoying your wedding day. He... Read More helped make sure the wedding ran smoothly and the venue could run to him for questions. Our guests can not stopping raving about his music and how he kept us on the dance floor all night! Brides & Grooms this is your DJ! You can tell he takes your wedding day just as serious and important as you do! Thanks Mathew, Mr. & Mrs. Tony Jacquez

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 ciria g

Definitely the best DJ in town (or nearby). He made the dance floor stay alive by playing music everyone loved. He saw what drew the crowd and stuck to playing crowd pleasers. There are no words to describe how grateful we were to have chosen Matt as our DJ. He did everything... Read More with perfection,professionalism, and everything we had discussed in our meetings the days prior to our wedding. If I could give him 10 stars I would. We were so happy that after our wedding ended we even stayed for about an hour just telling him how grateful we were to have chosen him. He made our wedding go smoothly and took tons of pressure off of us by keeping everything on schedule and making all the important events happen smoothly. Seeing our families faces the next day light up when they all talked about how fun the night was and how great the DJ was is something I will never forget. If you want a stress free wedding Sound Productions is the one to make it happen. Thank you Matt for everything. We truly appreciate it.

2017-08-22T15:07:10 Response from the vendor

It was truly awesome to work with you both. Your wedding was fun and memorable. I never get used to these compliments because we love what we do! May you have a very Blessed marriage.

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Meredith O

Matt was our DJ for our 3oo+ wedding and he was amazing. The flow of our wedding ran so smooth. We were able to relax and let him do what he needed to make the night amazing. Our guests loved his selection of music. He always checked in with us to make sure everything was... Read More running smoothly. He was very professional I'm even made a point to call us after to follow up. That meant a great deal to us. He cares about his customers and I would gladly hire him again. He is the best DJ ever!!!

Reviewed on 5/28/2017 Gale B

Matthew with On Sound Productions helped me and my now husband be able the create the wedding we were dreamimg about. He helped us plan each step of the way, guided us on how to make it move smoothly and easily. He knew exactly what songs to play when and made the evening... Read More magical and fun. He helped problem solve when needed and helped me to be able to just be in the moment and have fun knowing things were competently cared for. You can see his passion shine through as he works. I highly recommend having him be apart of your special day too.

Reviewed on 5/01/2017 Vanessa G

If you want your wedding day to be stress free when it comes to Entertainment then go with Matt Martinez. We also hired him for our rehearsal/Ceremony along with the dance and everything went smooth! Music is the most important thing at your reception and Matt knows how to keep... Read More the party alive. He was very professional, great attention to detail he knows his stuff! Thank you Matt for making our day one we won't forget!

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Kathleen E

We cannot express enough how much we loved Matthew as our DJ! He came through after my initial DJ cancelled and he made me as a bride feel at ease and the whole reception was absolutely fabulous and on point! Thank you again Matthew my appreciation is endless!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Enriquez J

Best. DJ. EVER! If you only read one line about this review, it should be to quote the pastor who officiated our wedding about DJ Matt: "It is refreshing to finally work with someone who is meticulous about the details". DJ Matt ensured the flow of our ceremony and reception of... Read More our wedding from start to finish. He was present at every moment, arrived early and ensured that everyone in our wedding knew their role so that it would go off without a hitch. Anyone looking to make their event flow perfectly, look beautiful, and have their guests have tons of fun and be talking about your event forever should book him NOW! He has years of experience that makes him great at what he does and more than that, can give you peace of mind, knowing that the day of your wedding will flow well not only because there is a plan in place but because you have someone who can ensure that your desires for the night are respected and followed, and can address any little issue that comes up-because he KNOWS how to handle it! He is able to work with any music that is given to him and work with any aspect of the ceremony we wanted him to. He began every song, MC moment and introduction at the appropriate time and was able to adapt easily when things changed as the day progressed. Our ceremony went off without a hitch, he began songs at the appropriate cue times and was in tune with what was happening able to begin our communion song on time and ensuring adequate volume in a room with echo. During our reception we had his up lighting for the venue that truly transformed our room. It made our venue look more beautiful than it already was and created an ambiance and mood of class and fun at the same time. He went above and beyond his calling to ensure that everything was in place and that we would be free of any added stressors. When things changed and our table had to be placed too far from our table so nobody would see us cut it, he himself had the cake brought to us so that it would be in view and that we wouldn't be inconvenienced. Our first dance and dances with our parents were beautiful thanks to his coordinating with us how the progression would flow. He ensured our best man and maid of honor knew all of their roles so that they could help with the flow of the night. He gave us options for every possible desire we had and even when things could have been awkward (I.e. No line in our honeymoon dance) he encouraged the guests to where they eventually lined up to come and dance with us and had fun. Our party/dancing music had everyone having a good time with even my wife's 81 year old grandma got up to dance with everyone. There was much fun and life at our wedding and I need to attribute a lot of it to the exceptional professionalism, expertise, and attention to detail by DJ Matt. I would want nobody else to DJ and MC event for me but him!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Maura C

I just love working with Matt and his team. They are professional, outgoing and know how to get the party started! There uplighting also adds such ambiance to the room! You have to contact Sound Productions if you want an awesome DJ!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Jon B

Sound productions with DJ Matt was awesome! Best choice we could have made for our wedding. Professional and a very nice and honest guy! Book him ASAP! He says he's the best in the 505 and he does everything possible to make that a factual statement. Professionalism,... Read More organization, outstanding music selection, he's got it all!!!

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Shayla G

Sound productions did a great job for our wedding. Planning for all the small details was great. It was nice that the DJ didn't just do music - they helped with timeline and details such as toast, cake cutting, etc. Mike was our DJ the night of the wedding and he was also... Read More present during our planning session. Very professional and personable. He made sure everything was going well the night of and well before. Overall, they did a great job!

Reviewed on 8/20/2016

Matthew was our DJ for our 200-250 guest July 2nd wedding. We were beyond impressed with his professionalism and extreme attention to detail. We met 1 on 1 with Matthew to plan out both our ceremony and reception. Not only were we provided with the music we wanted, but with a... Read More complete lighting set up, full emcee services, organizational planning and rehearsal, even some extra personalized features. By selecting Sound Productions DJ &MC services we were able to incorporate elements that made our event unique. We selected the option of the slideshow and texting services which allowed us to have a slideshow of personal photos playing as our guests were able to interact through a messaging service to wish us well and leave messages that popped up on the screen throughout the event. In addition to the messaging element we were able to honor my parents' 30th wedding anniversary with a special dance featuring their wedding video of their 1st dance playing simultaneously on the screen as they danced on our dance floor to their first dance song. Our event was full of challenges, like needing to have a bilingual English-Spanish MC, although Matthew himself is not bilingual he was able to give us exactly what we wanted by having a second person work our event alongside him. Matthew cares about his business and his clients, and he makes it his priority to do everything possible to make the event what his client envisions. Our wedding was organized and everything from the guest seating, to the grand entrance, to the buffet line, cake cutting, toasts, feature dances and last minute requests was cohesive and moved along smoothly throughout the night. Our guests were impressed by how organized everything was and how the event was a balance of two cultures that are not always easy to bring together in such a large event. Before making our DJ selection we had shopped around, but no other vendor compared to the quality and professionalism we found in Sound Producrions. The saying is, "you get what you pay for" but I believe that, in comparison to other vendors in a similar price range, we received the best value. The equipment and setup was modern and professional, and the services provided were beyond our initial expectations. We highly recommend Sound Productions DJ and MC Services for any event.

2016-08-20T12:06:45 Response from the vendor

Wow.... thank you so much! I love what we do and I take such pride on being chosen for your wedding. There are so many details and this is the happiest day of your life,but is also the most stressful day lol. I enjoy talking... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/12/2016 Zoe W

Matthew Martinez was recommended to me by a co-worker/friend who was using him for her son's wedding. We are so glad we chose him as the DJ for our wedding! He went above and beyond our expectations. We used him for our ceremony and reception. He not only provided music for our... Read More wedding but he also made sure the day ran smoothly from beginning to end. He helped us with our timeline of events for the day. There was a point during our wedding where the next "to do" on the timeline was to cut the cake but the cake was not where it was supposed to be (venue messed up on that). Matt let me know the situation asked what I wanted to do and resolved it for me. When it came time to dance and just let loose he made sure that is exactly what happened. Our guests were on the dance floor having a great time. Thank you so much for helping make our wedding the perfect day that it was!

Reviewed on 8/02/2016

DJ Matt was overall the greatest DJ ever!! He organized my entire wedding from start to finish and always pumped Up The crowd never a dull moment. Our wedding venue completely had our room setup wrong and DJ Matt fixed it assured me That he will make it what we wanted! And he... Read More definitely came through our guest had a great time!!

Reviewed on 7/20/2016 Erin D

I'm late on leaving reviews but better late than never. Our wedding was in April. These guys are nice enough at first but for the money we spent I really wish we up and did something else. Heck for the amount we spent we could have just bought a tablet rented some speakers and... Read More had all the music we wanted on a free Pandora trial. These guys really screwed up, firstly they gave our venue bad times for events like champagne toast and cake cutting even though we all (husband and I, owner & DJ)sat down and planned everything within a 5 minute window. Then they hardly played any music we expressly requested including the wrong song for our first dance. Keep in mind none of this was like verbal miscommunication, no this was written down, typed up, signed and emailed and apparently ignored. What was most annoying was when I brought this to the owners attention he blamed everything on me. Said that I didn't specify our first dance song clearly enough. I told them we wanted "unforgettable by Nat King Cole" what was played was "unforgettable by Nat King Cole featuring Natalie Cole" I know the song and I'm not a Natalie fan and the version with her in it has a different tempo and is longer than the original, the owners defense was that it was my fault for not specifying that I didn't want that version- that it didn't matter what I explicitly asked for, I apparently should have specified what I DIDNT want to be played as our first dance song (which seems unnecessary as I also didn't want them playing "yellow submarine" really needed a list of what I DIDNT want?) but because the version with Natalie is more popular they played it instead of what I asked for. They also didn't play anything I asked and instead took requests from our guests which was surprising to me as that was something we hadn't discussed at all. Had no problem playing any ghetto songs that were requested by some questionable guests but when family/bridesmaids requested songs they were made to wait. They tried to bring a noisy generator to the reception instead of buying more extension cords making something up about the voltage not carrying, my engineer uncle stepped in and put a stop to that by buying the cords himself the DAY before the wedding. The owner flat our lied to me when I brought these things to his attention he said they played most of the songs I asked for and bought the songs I had put on my "must play" list if they didn't have them. I know it's a lie because I wanted a specific song for the last song of the night for a nice slow dance and guess who didn't have it... a ton of bull from these guys. Should have gone with my sisters DJ, howling coyote productions they were awesome so much better.

2016-07-26T13:02:16 Response from the vendor

Wow, I sure would be ok with some honest constructive criticism to improve my business, but this is a direct attempt to fabricate the truth to validate one miscommunication error. 1. Your only truthful point is the wrong version of unforgettable was used, it was... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/18/2016

Matt Thank you so much for your AMAZING DJ Services! You were absolutely extraordinary! You read the crowd perfectly and got everyone onto the dance floor and kept them there! The way that you managed to integrate music that suited all the different age groups and music tastes... Read More was totally amazing! Matt is dedicated to make your event a huge success. Everyone is still talking about what a great time they had at our Daughters Quinceanera, Graduation Party and most recently her Wedding! (YES WE HIRE MATT FOR ALL OUR PARTIES) We wish you all the best! We recommend you to anyone who wants an outstanding DJ! Many thanks! The Crespin’s

Reviewed on 7/01/2016 Christina W

My husband and I wanted to make sure we had a wedding to remember and that the day could be the best it could possibly be and thanks to Matthew Martinez, it was absolutely perfect. Matthew’s years of experience in the field make him the best DJ and I’m so glad we went with him... Read More and no one else. He helped us through every step of planning the best reception and is very detail oriented. He made sure we had all our bases covered and even taught us how to cut our cake to avoid making a huge mess. Matthew was a life saver and our friends and family still talk about how awesome our wedding was, over one month after it happened. If you want your wedding or event to be the talk of the town long after it is over, go with DJ Matt. He goes above and beyond to make sure you get exactly what you want for your event and he gets the job done and then some. Thank you Matt!

Reviewed on 6/24/2016

I cannot tell you how nervous I was to hire someone I didn't know at all to basically control how my evening was going to go, but that all went away once I had my first phone call with Matt!! He is very professional and knows exactly what he's doing. He's very organized and well... Read More put together!! He knew what I wanted more than I did!! The day of he was on time, professional, calm, and kept things flowing the way I only dreamed about my day! I couldn't be more enthusiastic when I say "Hire, Matt from Sound Productions for your day!! You will NOT be disappointed!!"

Reviewed on 6/21/2016

Matthew and Mike went above and beyond from beginning to the end. We meet Matthew at this years Wedding Expo in February first impressions are very important we knew that day he would be our Wedding DJ after meeting with several other vendors. They walked us through the whole... Read More process every detail addressed. Let me just say things I didn't even think of they thought of everything. From losing my Dad and sharing the best ways for his memory to be there on our special day. The best part I remember about these two gentleman was they even taught us 101 etiquette of cake cutting which I didn't even know about. Please go to the Best DJ's with Matthew and Mike for all your entertainment needs and wants they will deliver. We will only use their services for our future needs. They have become friends.

Reviewed on 6/20/2016 Kari B

Matt was personable during my initial encounter. He was very reassuring that he would run all details during my wedding day so that I would not have to worry about anything. He arrived on time and got set up, but did not "dress" his power cords very well and ran them through... Read More the area where we were going to do family photos. We had to find a new spot as a result. During announcements he was very formal, not as personable as when we had spoken one on one. He did follow my typed out schedule to the letter. The problem with this is that I gave too much time for certain things - like the buffet dinner. As a result, all of my guests finished eating and sat around waiting for the next stage - Matt did not improvise at all and get the next event started early. I had to leave my table and micromanage this transition - something I did not want to do at all on my wedding day! Matt played all of the songs that I chose perfectly - we started the ring bearer song half way through and he cued it just as asked. He played great dance songs during the dance portion of the reception, although some of my "must play" songs he played while I was away getting photos. So I missed some of my most favorite songs! Overall, Matt delivered exactly what I asked for, but was a little stiff when making announcements and did not improvise very much when events began to lull. Once the dancing started, though, he played great songs and my guests, my husband and I had an excellent time!

2016-06-21T10:52:27 Response from the vendor

Kari, thank you very much for the 4 Star review. I love to hear the most important part...You all had an Excellent time. The dance floor was full and your guest had fun. As we specialize in timing and planning we also do exactly what... Read Less Read More

Matthew Martinez