$ – Inexpensive

Cuisine

American, Eastern European, French, Indian, Italian, Latin American, Middle Eastern, Fusion

Dietary Options

Vegetarian

Buffet, Food + Catering

100 East Exchange Place, Columbia, SC

Reviewed on 11/09/2016 jen n

The venue was GORGEOUS, the food was fantastic (I received so many compliments on the food, and was even fantastic as leftovers). The staff were great, very friendly, well organized. If I ever had to do this again (lets hope not, right?) I would use these guys again. They... Read More made sure to cater to the bride's preferences, any allergies, and could change up the foods a little to fit these preferences. Yeah, it can cost a pretty penny depending on what and how many different kinds of food you want, but it was just beyond great!

Reviewed on 9/30/2016 Aften M

I highly recommend!! Southern Way was wonderful and assisted with anything I needed. They are more than catering. The food and service is excellent. I couldn't have done without them.

Reviewed on 9/03/2016 Emily L

I used Southern Way for my June 18th wedding and they did a wonderful job! The amount of food options was enormous, we could choose from so many different things, it was hard to pick! Everyone I worked with was very helpful and patient with the process. My guests said that... Read More the food was great, which is often rare for a wedding!

Reviewed on 7/06/2016 Ashlyn L

I am so glad that we picked Southern Way to cater our big day! They went above and beyond expectations. We worked with Jesse, and not only did he help us pick out the food, he also helped us with almost everything else to get the wedding done. He did all our rentals, including... Read More picking out the perfect shades of pink for tablecloths, and picked up any ball that was dropped by any other vendor. He even helped coordinate the reception events when our coordinator disappeared, and handed out the bubbles for the exit. He was also always in my eyesight, I was never without water, even during pictures,and as a May bride in Columbia, that was amazing and something I really needed. We also got a whole tray of food, he fixed us something of everything we had, and brought it to us, so we got to eat and try everything. Plus, we had an entire huge bag of food that went home with us with silverware included, so if we got hungry our wedding night we were set! One of the other workers was even on hand to bustle my dress when I needed it. They definitely went above and beyond what caterers normally do. And the food was fantastic! Make sure you get the flank steak quesadillas, my guests are still talking about them 2 months later! And the chocolate mousse was divine, it was the one thing I absolutely had to have, and it did not disappoint. They may be a little bit on the pricey side, but Southern Way is definitely worth it and more!

Reviewed on 6/20/2016 Keri Lynn Z

We cannot say enough great things about Southern Way Catering (and more)! The team was very professional, experienced, eager to help, and the customer service was great. And, of course, the food was amazing - our guests are still talking about it from our March wedding. Aimee... Read More is simply amazing to work with! She (and team) helped with our menu, helped add our personal touch to the reception venue, took care of our band, assisted with gifts after reception, and they even had special package for the bride/groom in our car after the reception! Our reception flowed smoothly and stayed on track thanks to Aimee! We highly recommend Southern Way!

Reviewed on 5/04/2016 Laura W

I have never met nicer, more helpful people. Everyone at Souther Way was eager to help. They worked to create our unique menu, including two non traditional wedding cakes, a dream. The food was amazing and our guests marveled at the fried lemons and catfish. You need to work... Read More with this team.

Reviewed on 4/06/2016 Allison F

Most of the time you go to a wedding and think that the food was alright. You will NOT have to worry about those words coming out of your guests mouth when you have Southern Way Catering. The food was delicious and our guests had nothing but great things to say about it. They... Read More loved the station style we had and also the do it yourself select stations such as the sweet potato casserole and the cheese spread table. It was also so great and they even sent us home with a package of all our weeding food and beer just in case we were not able to eat it during the night. The servers we kind and professional. The staff also made sure that the bridal party during pictures and cocktail hour had the opportunity to have some off the small passed plates. We have nothing but great things to say about their services.

Southern Way Catering - can't say enough good things!

Reviewed on 11/04/2015 Jessica C

To say Southern Way simply "catered" our wedding reception would be an understatement! Not only does Southern Way create and serve a customized, delicious, modern, Southern menu that will leave your guests talking, but their customer service is outstanding. I had the pleasure... Read More of working with Jesse, Southern Way's VP, and Cameron. Our voices as the clients were heard and respected throughout the entire process - customizing menu items to reflect our taste, making adjustments to help stay on budget, even helping plan and organize our actual reception. The staff were very knowledgeable and experienced, offering great advice and suggestions without being pushy in the least. Our reception flowed seamlessly and not once did I worry about anything other than enjoying our special day. (Jesse even pried us away from the photographers and brought us food and drinks the entire evening!) Thank you Jesse, Cameron and Southern Way Catering for helping make our wedding day so enjoyable!

LOVE SOUTHERN WAY

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Amber F

Southern Way had me convinced to use them from the first meeting. Aimee and Shannon are personable, professional,and welcoming. They explained the entire process of picking a menu and bar items so that it didn't seem so daunting. They make the biggest task, the food, a blast to... Read More plan. I would recommend Southern Way to anyone looking for the best food in South Carolina with the best service!

ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

Southern Way Catering did an amazing job on our October wedding. The food was outstanding and we LOVED the catfish nuggets and sweet potato biscuits. Our guest were so impressed by the taste, quality, and display of the food. Aimee made the overwhelming process so simple. She... Read More made excellent suggestions and was able to communicate efficiently and effectively. The night of the wedding, Aimee handled everything from the band's meal to making sure we were out the door on time. She is easy to get along with, friendly, and helps make your wedding day perfect! highly recommend Southern Way and their staff.

Reviewed on 6/11/2015 Carlie R

Southern Way is awesome! I changed my menu and options so many times and they were gracious and understanding with those changes the entire time. They truly want what you want, and you will not be disappointed in their work and hospitality. The food is fantastic! I received... Read More many compliments on the menu, particularly the shrimp and grits, and I can't wait to enjoy it again since we froze what was left over! They will also set up rentals for your wedding so you don't have to have an outside rental vendor come in. Choose Southern Way!!

Amazing Company to Work With

Reviewed on 10/19/2014 Rachel B

We loved every minute of our experience with Southern Way Catering. From planning the menu to the amazing service the day of our wedding, everything was easy and seamless. Aimee was a lifesaver and helped give our day the feel and flow we wanted, while giving me piece of mind on... Read More the day of the wedding that she was looking out for everything to make sure it was just right. We got the most amazing package of food to take with us that night, and we had a sad moment when the last of it was gone! I can't say enough good things about Southern Way or our team for our wedding day...especially Aimee and Cameron. :)

Delicious and a Lifesaver

Reviewed on 2/04/2014 Parke E

Southern Way took so much stress off my shoulders by just making things happen. Not to mention, the food was phenomenal. They can't be beat and are worth every penny.

BEST EVER!

Reviewed on 1/30/2014 Valene S

I was truly blown away by Southern Way. They are so much more than just caterers. I was constantly emailing them and changing things and it was no issue for them at all. Not to mention the food is AMAZING. I also rented tablecloths, etc from them. They were basically my day-of... Read More coordinators and had everything completely under control and they set up and broke down everything at the venue. I was completely comfortable letting them handle everything. I can not say enough good things about this company!!

Reception Food

Reviewed on 6/18/2013 Becca T

We used Southern Way Catering through Millstone at Adams Pond for our reception food. The good was amazing!!!! Everyone loved the food. They were great to work with and suggested many foods our guests would like, we were very happy with this choice!!!

So helpful!

Reviewed on 6/10/2013 Jessica W

Everyone that works here was so helpful and went above and beyond. They are so flexible and our food was great. Everyone was very friendly and professional, as well. We really enjoyed working with them.

Caterer

Reviewed on 5/17/2013 Kristen

The food was amazing and everyone loved it! They even had an apple bar for the guests to enjoy as we took pictures, it was a hit! I would recommend them to any bride looking for the perfect caterer.

delicious food

Reviewed on 2/07/2013 Kristen E

I loved their food! They have plenty to choose from and it all looks good! Wish I had gotten more of the food :)

WOW! Jesse Bullard and Stephanie are the BOMB!

Reviewed on 1/03/2013 Sheryl M

I don’t know where to begin. I keep going back to the day after Meghan (bride) and Cameron (groom) first met with Jesse. Meghan was “blown away” by his personality and passion for his work. I insisted she meet with others before she made her final decision and after having... Read More other caterers to compare him to, we all knew he was the one for their wedding. That being said, I cannot describe what I felt when I walked into the venue. From the attention paid to us (the wedding party) by Jesse and his staff, to the décor, food, arrangement of the room. It was truly a magical. It brings tears of joy to my eyes as I type this email. Jesse and his staff are incredible. His attention to detail was spot on. EVERY promise he made was fulfilled and then some. The bride, groom and bridal party and guests wanted for nothing the entire evening. Stephanie was an angel. She was at the top of her game all night. As much as I tried to imagine how the night would go, Jesse surpassed any dreams I may have had! I am sincere in saying “They are simply the best” and they have my eternal thanks and gratitude for the magical night they created for my son and daughter in law’s wedding. All the guests were awed by Jesse and his entire staff as well. And the food, I am still getting feedback on how beautiful and delicious everything was. You can be assured that we will employ Jesse and his team for ALL our future catering needs. Thanks again Jesse and Stephanie, YOU ROCK!!!!

Facility

Reviewed on 7/19/2012 Kay D

Very Good

Delicious!

Reviewed on 6/12/2012 Amanda C

Everyone loved the food at the wedding! Being a vegetarian, I couldn't taste all of the food and was so excited to hear how happy everyone was! The mashed potato bar was the best part of the night!

Cami is amazing

Reviewed on 6/12/2012 Megan M

I loved Southern Way. Not only do your catering costs include food and beverage, but they took over most of the planning which was great since i did not have a wedding planner and was on a budget AND lived out of town. we wanted mediterranean food at our reception and southern... Read More way created a menu for us which was amazing. they took great care of the bride and groom and the guests. They decorated, coordinated with the venue, set up specialty bars, helped with flowers-everything!

AMAZING FOOD & SERVICE!

Reviewed on 6/07/2012 Tiffany W

Southern Way was the biggest hit of my wedding! Their food was to die for...literally! Everything was freshly prepared on site and tasted wonderful. Nothing ran out! Their servers were so polite and always around. The bar servers were as equally polite & knowledgeable!... Read More The presentation of the food was delightful! I wish they had a restaurant I could go to and not just a catering business!!

MMMMM SO GOOD!

Reviewed on 5/19/2012 Emily C

All night at our wedding reception, people kept telling us how wonderful the food was. I agree!!!! Southern Way Catering definitely exceeded my expectations and I was so happy with our decision to use them! A+!

Why is my pork I mean chicken so white?

Reviewed on 5/14/2012 Malaika D

Everything was good except the chicken. It was so white, my guests thought it was pork. SOOOOOOOO EXPENSIVE!!!!!

Start a Conversation!