Welcome to Southern Way Catering

$ – Inexpensive

Cuisine

American, Eastern European, French, Indian, Italian, Latin American, Middle Eastern, Fusion

Dietary Options

Vegetarian

Buffet, Food + Catering

100 East Exchange Place, Columbia, SC

Reviewed on 5/04/2016 Laura W

I have never met nicer, more helpful people. Everyone at Souther Way was eager to help. They worked to create our unique menu, including two non traditional wedding cakes, a dream. The food was amazing and our guests marveled at the fried lemons and catfish. You need to work... Read More with this team.

Reviewed on 4/06/2016 Allison F

Most of the time you go to a wedding and think that the food was alright. You will NOT have to worry about those words coming out of your guests mouth when you have Southern Way Catering. The food was delicious and our guests had nothing but great things to say about it. They... Read More loved the station style we had and also the do it yourself select stations such as the sweet potato casserole and the cheese spread table. It was also so great and they even sent us home with a package of all our weeding food and beer just in case we were not able to eat it during the night. The servers we kind and professional. The staff also made sure that the bridal party during pictures and cocktail hour had the opportunity to have some off the small passed plates. We have nothing but great things to say about their services.

Southern Way Catering - can't say enough good things!

Reviewed on 11/04/2015 Jessica C

To say Southern Way simply "catered" our wedding reception would be an understatement! Not only does Southern Way create and serve a customized, delicious, modern, Southern menu that will leave your guests talking, but their customer service is outstanding. I had the pleasure... Read More of working with Jesse, Southern Way's VP, and Cameron. Our voices as the clients were heard and respected throughout the entire process - customizing menu items to reflect our taste, making adjustments to help stay on budget, even helping plan and organize our actual reception. The staff were very knowledgeable and experienced, offering great advice and suggestions without being pushy in the least. Our reception flowed seamlessly and not once did I worry about anything other than enjoying our special day. (Jesse even pried us away from the photographers and brought us food and drinks the entire evening!) Thank you Jesse, Cameron and Southern Way Catering for helping make our wedding day so enjoyable!

LOVE SOUTHERN WAY

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Amber F

Southern Way had me convinced to use them from the first meeting. Aimee and Shannon are personable, professional,and welcoming. They explained the entire process of picking a menu and bar items so that it didn't seem so daunting. They make the biggest task, the food, a blast to... Read More plan. I would recommend Southern Way to anyone looking for the best food in South Carolina with the best service!

ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

Southern Way Catering did an amazing job on our October wedding. The food was outstanding and we LOVED the catfish nuggets and sweet potato biscuits. Our guest were so impressed by the taste, quality, and display of the food. Aimee made the overwhelming process so simple. She... Read More made excellent suggestions and was able to communicate efficiently and effectively. The night of the wedding, Aimee handled everything from the band's meal to making sure we were out the door on time. She is easy to get along with, friendly, and helps make your wedding day perfect! highly recommend Southern Way and their staff.

Reviewed on 6/11/2015 Carlie R

Southern Way is awesome! I changed my menu and options so many times and they were gracious and understanding with those changes the entire time. They truly want what you want, and you will not be disappointed in their work and hospitality. The food is fantastic! I received... Read More many compliments on the menu, particularly the shrimp and grits, and I can't wait to enjoy it again since we froze what was left over! They will also set up rentals for your wedding so you don't have to have an outside rental vendor come in. Choose Southern Way!!

Amazing Company to Work With

Reviewed on 10/19/2014 Rachel B

We loved every minute of our experience with Southern Way Catering. From planning the menu to the amazing service the day of our wedding, everything was easy and seamless. Aimee was a lifesaver and helped give our day the feel and flow we wanted, while giving me piece of mind on... Read More the day of the wedding that she was looking out for everything to make sure it was just right. We got the most amazing package of food to take with us that night, and we had a sad moment when the last of it was gone! I can't say enough good things about Southern Way or our team for our wedding day...especially Aimee and Cameron. :)

Delicious and a Lifesaver

Reviewed on 2/04/2014 Parke E

Southern Way took so much stress off my shoulders by just making things happen. Not to mention, the food was phenomenal. They can't be beat and are worth every penny.

BEST EVER!

Reviewed on 1/30/2014 Valene S

I was truly blown away by Southern Way. They are so much more than just caterers. I was constantly emailing them and changing things and it was no issue for them at all. Not to mention the food is AMAZING. I also rented tablecloths, etc from them. They were basically my day-of... Read More coordinators and had everything completely under control and they set up and broke down everything at the venue. I was completely comfortable letting them handle everything. I can not say enough good things about this company!!

Reception Food

Reviewed on 6/18/2013 Becca T

We used Southern Way Catering through Millstone at Adams Pond for our reception food. The good was amazing!!!! Everyone loved the food. They were great to work with and suggested many foods our guests would like, we were very happy with this choice!!!

So helpful!

Reviewed on 6/10/2013 Jessica W

Everyone that works here was so helpful and went above and beyond. They are so flexible and our food was great. Everyone was very friendly and professional, as well. We really enjoyed working with them.

Caterer

Reviewed on 5/17/2013 Kristen

The food was amazing and everyone loved it! They even had an apple bar for the guests to enjoy as we took pictures, it was a hit! I would recommend them to any bride looking for the perfect caterer.

delicious food

Reviewed on 2/07/2013 Kristen E

I loved their food! They have plenty to choose from and it all looks good! Wish I had gotten more of the food :)

WOW! Jesse Bullard and Stephanie are the BOMB!

Reviewed on 1/03/2013 Sheryl M

I don’t know where to begin. I keep going back to the day after Meghan (bride) and Cameron (groom) first met with Jesse. Meghan was “blown away” by his personality and passion for his work. I insisted she meet with others before she made her final decision and after having... Read More other caterers to compare him to, we all knew he was the one for their wedding. That being said, I cannot describe what I felt when I walked into the venue. From the attention paid to us (the wedding party) by Jesse and his staff, to the décor, food, arrangement of the room. It was truly a magical. It brings tears of joy to my eyes as I type this email. Jesse and his staff are incredible. His attention to detail was spot on. EVERY promise he made was fulfilled and then some. The bride, groom and bridal party and guests wanted for nothing the entire evening. Stephanie was an angel. She was at the top of her game all night. As much as I tried to imagine how the night would go, Jesse surpassed any dreams I may have had! I am sincere in saying “They are simply the best” and they have my eternal thanks and gratitude for the magical night they created for my son and daughter in law’s wedding. All the guests were awed by Jesse and his entire staff as well. And the food, I am still getting feedback on how beautiful and delicious everything was. You can be assured that we will employ Jesse and his team for ALL our future catering needs. Thanks again Jesse and Stephanie, YOU ROCK!!!!

Facility

Reviewed on 7/19/2012 Kay D

Very Good

Delicious!

Reviewed on 6/12/2012 Amanda C

Everyone loved the food at the wedding! Being a vegetarian, I couldn't taste all of the food and was so excited to hear how happy everyone was! The mashed potato bar was the best part of the night!

Cami is amazing

Reviewed on 6/12/2012 Megan M

I loved Southern Way. Not only do your catering costs include food and beverage, but they took over most of the planning which was great since i did not have a wedding planner and was on a budget AND lived out of town. we wanted mediterranean food at our reception and southern... Read More way created a menu for us which was amazing. they took great care of the bride and groom and the guests. They decorated, coordinated with the venue, set up specialty bars, helped with flowers-everything!

AMAZING FOOD & SERVICE!

Reviewed on 6/07/2012 Tiffany W

Southern Way was the biggest hit of my wedding! Their food was to die for...literally! Everything was freshly prepared on site and tasted wonderful. Nothing ran out! Their servers were so polite and always around. The bar servers were as equally polite & knowledgeable!... Read More The presentation of the food was delightful! I wish they had a restaurant I could go to and not just a catering business!!

MMMMM SO GOOD!

Reviewed on 5/19/2012 Emily C

All night at our wedding reception, people kept telling us how wonderful the food was. I agree!!!! Southern Way Catering definitely exceeded my expectations and I was so happy with our decision to use them! A+!

Why is my pork I mean chicken so white?

Reviewed on 5/14/2012 Malaika D

Everything was good except the chicken. It was so white, my guests thought it was pork. SOOOOOOOO EXPENSIVE!!!!!

Friends are still raving about our wedding food!

Reviewed on 12/10/2011 Melissa B

Southern Way Catering did the catering for our wedding. They were outstanding! Everyone at the wedding loved the food. We are still getting compliments! Their staff was friendly, food was fresh, and they had a million options to choose from. They can fit any wedding budget!

best ever

Reviewed on 11/09/2011 LaDawn S

This caterer is the BEST! Met with them once to go over expectations and the menu. They made suggestions as requested. The reception was set up above expectations. First class service. Friendly staff. Excellent food. Guests said it was the best food ever. At the reception, staff... Read More were right there when we needed them, they made sure we (the bride and groom) had a drink when we didn't have a chance to get to the bar, had food when we couldn't even get to the food stations, and even sent us home with plenty of drinks, food, and cake. It was the best service ever since as bride and groom, you really don't have a chance to eat or drink at a reception - too busy greeting your guests. This caterer goes above and beyond as well as delivering the best food you have ever tasted. They take pride in their service.

EXCELLENT FOOD!

Reviewed on 10/23/2011 Laura N

The food was amazing! We had so much to chose from, but it was a little expensive. But, well worth it! They never ran out

Southern Yummy

Reviewed on 10/18/2011 Alexandra M

Exceptional service and outstanding food!! Would use them again in heartbeat for any other catering needs!!

So Amazing

Reviewed on 9/17/2011 Natalia W

Absolutely amazing service, food, servers, and they were way more than just a caterer. Cameron helped with setting up the table, coordinated the table linens/napkins and worked with the DJ to make sure announcements etc. were done when we wanted them. My husband and I and our... Read More guests never had an empty drink and we felt like the most important people in the world on our big day thanks to them. All the servers were nice and took care of our guest and the bar tender was out going and funny. We are so happy we hired them! I would recommend them for anyone! My guest are still talking about how good the food was! (The catered my wedding in Sumter, SC about an hour from Columbia.)