Welcome to Southern Way Catering

$

Cuisine

American, Eastern European, French, Indian, Italian, Latin American, Middle Eastern, Fusion

Dietary Options

Vegetarian

Buffet, Food + Catering

100 East Exchange Place, Columbia, SC

Reviewed on 6/11/2015 Carlie R

Southern Way is awesome! I changed my menu and options so many times and they were gracious and understanding with those changes the entire time. They truly want what you want, and you will not be disappointed in their work and hospitality. The food is fantastic! I received many compliments on the menu, particularly the shrimp and grits, and I can't wait to enjoy it again since we froze what was left over! They will also set up rentals for your wedding so you don't have to have an outside rental vendor come in. Choose Southern Way!!

Delicious and a Lifesaver

Reviewed on 2/04/2014 Parke E

Southern Way took so much stress off my shoulders by just making things happen. Not to mention, the food was phenomenal. They can't be beat and are worth every penny.

BEST EVER!

Reviewed on 1/30/2014 Valene S

I was truly blown away by Southern Way. They are so much more than just caterers. I was constantly emailing them and changing things and it was no issue for them at all. Not to mention the food is AMAZING. I also rented tablecloths, etc from them. They were basically my day-of coordinators and had everything completely under control and they set up and broke down everything at the venue. I was completely comfortable letting them handle everything. I can not say enough good things about this company!!

Reception Food

Reviewed on 6/18/2013 Becca T

We used Southern Way Catering through Millstone at Adams Pond for our reception food. The good was amazing!!!! Everyone loved the food. They were great to work with and suggested many foods our guests would like, we were very happy with this choice!!!

So helpful!

Reviewed on 6/10/2013 Jessica W

Everyone that works here was so helpful and went above and beyond. They are so flexible and our food was great. Everyone was very friendly and professional, as well. We really enjoyed working with them.

Caterer

Reviewed on 5/17/2013 Kristen

The food was amazing and everyone loved it! They even had an apple bar for the guests to enjoy as we took pictures, it was a hit! I would recommend them to any bride looking for the perfect caterer.

delicious food

Reviewed on 2/07/2013 Kristen E

I loved their food! They have plenty to choose from and it all looks good! Wish I had gotten more of the food :)

WOW! Jesse Bullard and Stephanie are the BOMB!

Reviewed on 1/03/2013 Sheryl M

I don’t know where to begin. I keep going back to the day after Meghan (bride) and Cameron (groom) first met with Jesse. Meghan was “blown away” by his personality and passion for his work. I insisted she meet with others before she made her final decision and after having other caterers to compare him to, we all knew he was the one for their wedding. That being said, I cannot describe what I felt when I walked into the venue. From the attention paid to us (the wedding party) by Jesse and his staff, to the décor, food, arrangement of the room. It was truly a magical. It brings tears of joy to my eyes as I type this email. Jesse and his staff are incredible. His attention to detail was spot on. EVERY promise he made was fulfilled and then some. The bride, groom and bridal party and guests wanted for nothing the entire evening. Stephanie was an angel. She was at the top of her game all night. As much as I tried to imagine how the night would go, Jesse surpassed any dreams I may have had! I am sincere in saying “They are simply the best” and they have my eternal thanks and gratitude for the magical night they created for my son and daughter in law’s wedding. All the guests were awed by Jesse and his entire staff as well. And the food, I am still getting feedback on how beautiful and delicious everything was. You can be assured that we will employ Jesse and his team for ALL our future catering needs. Thanks again Jesse and Stephanie, YOU ROCK!!!!

Delicious!

Reviewed on 6/12/2012 Amanda C

Everyone loved the food at the wedding! Being a vegetarian, I couldn't taste all of the food and was so excited to hear how happy everyone was! The mashed potato bar was the best part of the night!

AMAZING FOOD & SERVICE!

Reviewed on 6/07/2012 Tiffany W

Southern Way was the biggest hit of my wedding! Their food was to die for...literally! Everything was freshly prepared on site and tasted wonderful. Nothing ran out! Their servers were so polite and always around. The bar servers were as equally polite & knowledgeable! The presentation of the food was delightful! I wish they had a restaurant I could go to and not just a catering business!!

MMMMM SO GOOD!

Reviewed on 5/19/2012 Emily C

All night at our wedding reception, people kept telling us how wonderful the food was. I agree!!!! Southern Way Catering definitely exceeded my expectations and I was so happy with our decision to use them! A+!

Why is my pork I mean chicken so white?

Reviewed on 5/14/2012 Malaika D

Everything was good except the chicken. It was so white, my guests thought it was pork. SOOOOOOOO EXPENSIVE!!!!!

Friends are still raving about our wedding food!

Reviewed on 12/10/2011 Melissa B

Southern Way Catering did the catering for our wedding. They were outstanding! Everyone at the wedding loved the food. We are still getting compliments! Their staff was friendly, food was fresh, and they had a million options to choose from. They can fit any wedding budget!

best ever

Reviewed on 11/09/2011 LaDawn S

This caterer is the BEST! Met with them once to go over expectations and the menu. They made suggestions as requested. The reception was set up above expectations. First class service. Friendly staff. Excellent food. Guests said it was the best food ever. At the reception, staff were right there when we needed them, they made sure we (the bride and groom) had a drink when we didn't have a chance to get to the bar, had food when we couldn't even get to the food stations, and even sent us home with plenty of drinks, food, and cake. It was the best service ever since as bride and groom, you really don't have a chance to eat or drink at a reception - too busy greeting your guests. This caterer goes above and beyond as well as delivering the best food you have ever tasted. They take pride in their service.

Southern Yummy

Reviewed on 10/18/2011 Alexandra M

Exceptional service and outstanding food!! Would use them again in heartbeat for any other catering needs!!

So Amazing

Reviewed on 9/17/2011 Natalia W

Absolutely amazing service, food, servers, and they were way more than just a caterer. Cameron helped with setting up the table, coordinated the table linens/napkins and worked with the DJ to make sure announcements etc. were done when we wanted them. My husband and I and our guests never had an empty drink and we felt like the most important people in the world on our big day thanks to them. All the servers were nice and took care of our guest and the bar tender was out going and funny. We are so happy we hired them! I would recommend them for anyone! My guest are still talking about how good the food was! (The catered my wedding in Sumter, SC about an hour from Columbia.)

Excellent!

Reviewed on 5/16/2011 Julie L

Excellent food, friendly, helpful staff! My wedding was in Folly Beach and they catered it from Columbia! From the very beginning they were very professional and extremely accommodating! I explained to them that I, the bride was paying for everything myself and that I needed the best value for my money. They held my hand every step of the way. They knew exactly what I wanted and I never had to guess about anything. They came recommended from family members in the restaurant business, so I knew the food would be good. I loved the food and staff!

WONDERFUL!

Reviewed on 1/13/2011 Laura W

Southern Way was delicious, and wonderful to work with! We didn't have ANY problems :)

Good Variety

Reviewed on 11/26/2010 Lindsay C

Southern Way Catering offers a wide variety of food options through several menus at different price points. Their menus say they are for a minimum of 100 people, but they worked with us to provide food for exactly the number of people we had attending, which was less than 100. In the end, we had TONS of food leftover, which we gave to friends and family and kept some in the freezer for after our honeymoon. We recommend their meatballs in Doren's sauce, pulled pork sandwiches, crabcakes, Charleston Cheese Spread, and keilbasa in puff pastry. They also do fabulous fruit and vegetable trays. After the wedding, we had numerous people tell us how much they enjoyed the food.

great food, great service

Reviewed on 8/16/2010 Natasha B

The food was very tasty and perfect for the light hors d'oeuvres that we wanted for our reception. They even cut and served our cake for us. They also packed food for us to take with us when we left.

Perfection

Reviewed on 8/09/2010 Becca B

Southern Way was perfect in every aspect. Excellent customer service, outstanding food, beautiful presentation. Our food got rave reviews. The fried green tomatoes were my favorite! They even had a platter set up for my husband and me to enjoy right when we arrived at the reception before we got sucked into socializing. OUTSTANDING.

Rating for Southern Way Catering