Entertainment Hosts for Weddings & Events

Split Second Sound is the most referred DJ company from within the wedding industry professionals & past clients. Brides & Grooms of today want something new, exciting & different from the typical cookie cutter DJ. Split doesn't just provide entertainment.... we create it!

1230 West Morehead street, Charlotte, NC

Best DJ Company in the State!

Reviewed on 12/10/2014 Hannah D

When I first booked Split Second Sound, I was a little hesitant. When I dreamt of my wedding day, I always imagined I would have a band. After several recommendations and an initial meeting with Vinny, the founder and owner, I knew I made the right decision. Vinny and his staff are professional, fun and absolutely brilliant at what they do. He communicated with me clearly and effectively through my engagement and called me a week before the big day to confirm all the details. I had one request for Vinny... coming from a small town, I was concerned that out-of-town guests would be uncomfortable dancing. I had an image of an empty dance floor with people blankly staring at each other as club music roared in the background. I couldn't have been more wrong. Vinny kept people on their feet from start to finish, playing everything from funk to Top 40 hits! People were dancing, laughing and having an absolutely blast. One month later and people are still raving about what a party the wedding was. But what's best about Vinny and Split Second Sound is that they make the wedding day effortless. They made sure that my husband and I, along with our wedding party, knew exactly where to be and when so we didn't have to stress over details and timelines. If you're considering booking Split Second Sound, do so immediately! I guarantee you won't be disappointed. They are hands down the best DJ professionals in Charlotte, and probably the state.

Exceptional Entertainment

Reviewed on 4/04/2014 Michael S

Split Second Sound was recommended by a family friend for my daughters wedding. I must say that it was spot on a great recommendation. We met with Vinny the owner and discussed our requirements. Vinny chose Jonah to be our DJ, but Jonah was more than that, he was an entertainer and kept the party rolling all night. SSS has a very good process. They have an online form the client can utilize to document song choices, wedding party names and roles as well as phonetic spelling of the names to ensure correcct pronunciation. Jonah also met personally with the bride and groom shortly before the wedding to finalize the agenda. Jonah was the emcee for the evening and everything went like clockwork. I was told he is the most requested entertainer, and I can see why. The DJ can either make or break your event, choosing Split Second Sound will be one of the best vendor decisions you can make.

Couldn't have asked for more!

Reviewed on 3/26/2014 Nicole L

I have nothing but good things to say about working with the SSS office group and our DJ day of - Dennis. The office group was quick to respond to any questions or concerns I had. Vinny sat down with us for our introduction meeting and we felt comfortable enough to book SSS as soon as we got home. From our first face to face meeting, working with Dennis was reassuring (which is great for any bride!), professional, and fun. We couldn't have asked for more. Dennis was very thoughtful and thorough when going through our music selections and day of schedule. He was an absolute neccesity day of, reminding us of schedule and explaining things calmly on a day there is a lot going on. Beyond that, he was a fun guy with a great sense of humor. Best of all, everyone at the wedding had a blast! I would reccomend SSS to anyone.

Reviewed on 5/29/2015 Allison C

Split Second Sound is the best! They were very professional every time I met with them. I was worried about having a pushy, loud DJ and they were anything but. They made all my guests feel at ease and played all my favorite songs!

Reviewed on 5/28/2015 Lindsay D

We had Mike as our DJ and he was amazing! He did both our ceremony and reception and did a fantastic job! Our venue was an outdoor rooftop which I was nervous about but having his expertise made us completely at ease. He had the perfect song choices from the prelude all the way through the last song and helped make the flow of the evening perfect! People are still talking about our dance floor!!!! He even brought an assistant DJ that built the momentum and kept the party hopping all night long. I highly recommend Split Second Sound!!!

Reviewed on 5/19/2015 Crystal P

I don’t know where to begin to tell you how great Derek and Tony were! Everyone always told me that no wedding goes perfectly as planned. I guess our one thing was that our ceremony magicians did not show up. Fortunately, these guys were on the spot, and with only phone call, they were inside, setup and downloaded our ceremony music. They literally SAVED the day! Of course, I could tell you what everyone else already has, the reception was just as wonderful as I expected, and EVERYONE complemented us on our DJ throughout the night. All ages enjoyed the night from 5 years old to 85 years old, we were all dancing! There are no words that could thank these guys for the phenomenal job they did!

Reviewed on 5/13/2015

My son got married May 1, 2015 and we used Split Second Sound. They were amazing. Jonah was our dj and did an awesome job. Everyone was dancing all night long. They were going around and asking tables what music they wanted to hear and were very accommodating to our needs. I loved everything about them. My son and his wife were very impressed as well. They meet with you before and ask all your preferences and details for the event. Don't look anywhere else, just hire them for your next event!

These guys are amazing

Reviewed on 4/26/2015

Thank you so much for making Caroline and Sasha's wedding the best ever!!! You go beyond what is expected and then some. If you ever need a reference, just reach out to us. We could not be more pleased with the terrific job you did for us!!!

Split Second Sound=the BEST...you're missing out and wasting time if you consider anyone else

Reviewed on 4/25/2015 Lucretia Y

Vinny & Split Second Sound will make your Reception the Best EVER. They were in constant communication with us all night long and never let the party's energy die down even for a moment. If you're going the DJ route - which I personally, am so happy with that decision - these guys are the absolute best, if you go with anyone else, or look for a better "deal" or discount, I don't care where your wedding is, pay for them to dj your wedding reception, you'll be missing out if you don't! The number one thing people remember is the experience they had at the reception, Vinny made sure every single person danced & had a blast. 100% best money spent working with this company. They absolutely MADE our wedding reception!!! Love them and would recommend them to any bride-to-be.

AWESOME DJ

Reviewed on 4/24/2015 Lynn L

LeVar is the man! He is SO fabulous he kept the party going! He knew exactly how I wanted the night to go (he basically read my mind!) and played all of my favorite songs!! I got SO many compliments from everyone (from my friends to my mom!) and all ages seemed to be having a blast! He was able to keep the reception going so that we could do the things we had to do (cut the cake, toss bouquet etc.) without making anything seem like an interruption. Serious talent! I would recommend SSS to anyone and particularly I would recommend LeVar!!

Best DJ in Charlotte!!

Reviewed on 4/24/2015 Shawn M

When looking for a DJ for my reception, I wanted someone who could not only play music, but could get the crowd involved and get the party started. We contracted SSS and requested LeVar as our DJ. We couldn't have made a better choice! He kept in constant contact with us and met personally a few weeks out to run through the timeline of our whole day from start to finish. This is a great company and I would highly recommend them, and LeVar, to anyone.

Wonderful Day!!!!

Reviewed on 4/07/2015 Kelly M

Derek was wonderful at our recent wedding!!! Derek did both the ceremony and reception music. Split Second Sound was great and easy to deal with. Derek made the day very special for our family. The guests were talking about how awesome the music was and how easy to talk to he was. I did not worry at any point about what was coming next because I knew Derek was on top of it and prepared for whatever was going to happen. From the beginning Derek was in communication with us about how we wanted things to go. He was able to offer suggestions to make the day exactly what we wanted. He took the time to get to know us and understand what we wanted. I just can not say enough about how he took the stress away and that is priceless on your wedding day. I highly recommend Derek and Split Second Sound.

So much fun!

Reviewed on 3/11/2015 Kristie B

Derek Andreas with Split Second Sound did an awesome job. He actually did my sister's wedding about 5 years ago and it was such a great time and a good party we thought we'd use him again! He delievered! Our guests were a mix between young and old and he did a fantastic job of playing relatable music for everyone in attendance. I have received many compliments on the music that was played and what a great job he did keeping the party going. For me Derek called and spoke with me before the wedding, worked with us on our chosen songs and reassured my parents! We will definitely keep them in mind for future events. I highly recommend Split Second Sound.

Jan 2, 2015 Roof With A View Wedding

Reviewed on 3/03/2015 Wydea W

Jonah with Split Second Sound was our wedding DJ. Prior to the wedding we met to get to know each other and Jonah was sincerely interested in us as a couple. We had a lot of songs we wanted to hear during our reception and he played every one of them. Our dance floor was packed - Young to Old, people had a blast! I would absolutely only hire and refer Split Second Sound to all my engaged friends. Vinny, the owner, worked with us and helped us book the perfect package and schedule Jonah. Jonah felt like, and now is, a friend. He was a DJ and MC and our supportive friend at our wedding. Great, Great, GREAT time!

Great Party

Reviewed on 3/01/2015 Lisa H

Jonathan, our DJ did an amazing job at our daughter's wedding! He really took time to get to know the bride and groom and really cared about their ideas of what they wanted for their special night! Loved his personality and he was so much fun to work with. He had every age group up on the dance floor! Would definitely recommend them!

Split Second Sound is the BEST!!!

Reviewed on 2/09/2015

You will not regret your decision to use Split Second Sound as your wedding DJ! We used DJ Levar Gladden and loved him! He is so professional and a great entertainer! Plus he is the nicest guy and I really felt like he cared about us and wanted to give us exactly what we wanted at our reception! He was always available to chat and helped with our reception flow! This is a wonderful company!

Split Second Sound The Best

Reviewed on 12/10/2014

We were so happy that we selected Split Second for our wedding reception. Joey was fantastic and kept everyone dancing and enjoying the music. We received many compliments and our crowd was a large variety of age groups meaning many types of music. Thank you Joey for making the evening so much fun!

Mike from Split Sound

Reviewed on 12/10/2014 anita m

Mike from Split Sound did an excellent job for our event. He was professional and kept things upbeat and lively. I had alot of feedbacl from my out of town guests that complimented him on being able to be so versitile for our event! I will definitely use him at my next event!

Outstanding customer service and DJ!

Reviewed on 12/09/2014

Split Second Sound is one of the best vendors I have ever worked with! Our DJ service cancelled on us last minute and i contacted Split Second Sound and they were able to provide us with a wonderful DJ our crowd loved! Thank you Split Second Sound! I recommend them to everyone who's searching for the best DJ with top notch Customer Service.

So Much Fun!

Reviewed on 12/04/2014 Katie M

We found out about Split Second Sound after attending a friend's wedding in 2012 and I was so impressed, I knew we would book them on our wedding day! Jonny was our DJ, and he did a great job of figuring out our style, what we were looking for, and how the timeline of the evening should go for maximum dancing time. He also handled our ceremony music, which was perfectly timed and executed. We had such a great time and received so many compliments on how fun our reception was. We highly recommend SSS!!

Great Hosts- so flexible!

Reviewed on 12/02/2014 kasey f

Split second sound helped our wedding go smoothly. We had a big schedule scramble due to some very wet, cold weather. Jonah and his assistant for the evening made everything roll along so that no one would have known it hadn't been originally planed that way. The music selection was great and they payed close attention to the crowd's response. They played the classics in the beginning and then played the more modern stuff at the end after a lot of the older guest had left. they were great announcers for the night and hosted a great party for us. Worth every penny! Thanks Jonah and SSS family.

Multi-culture wedding/music, AWESOME job incorporating both!!

Reviewed on 12/01/2014

Neil (DJ), Mark (MC) and Split Second Sound Family, Thank you so much!! Honestly I don’t feel the words do it justice. Split Second Sound did an amazing job!!! Our wedding was a combination of Persian and American music and because of the DJ and MC it was flawless!! People left saying how much FUN they had and that it wasn’t just a “Persian wedding” or just an “American wedding” it was a perfect blend!!! And seriously I owe it ALL to ya’ll because you managed the music and flow. THANK YOU!! -Rachael November 2014

could not have asked for a better company/DJ

Reviewed on 11/24/2014 Lauren Y

We absolutely LOVED Jonah. When I was looking for a DJ I just put a simple status up on Facebook hoping to get some good feedback. I had about 20 comments, 16 of those where either recommending Jonah from split second sound or just split second sound in general. After going in and meeting with LeVar I was blown away by this company and had no hesitation hiring them. I truly believe its the best decision I made in my wedding process.Everything that could go wrong in a wedding process went wrong at our wedding. We lost our venue 6 weeks before and we where our new venues 1st wedding, needless to say there where a lot of hiccups on that day. I was blown away at the professionalism of Jonah not only on the day but the whole process. He went above and beyond to make sure all of my questions were answered, he was always willing to give his professional opinion on what would go the most smooth. The day of the wedding the was beyond amazing! He made the wedding go so smoothly and was so detailed in every single thing. and also got out on the floor led the dances and was so much fun! I would recommend split second sound to anyone who is looking for a amazing company/DJ. These people really have it together which really puts a brides mind at ease.

Oh what a night!!!

Reviewed on 11/23/2014 Theadora T

Everything about our experience with Split Second Sound was smooth. We used this vendor for our ceremony, cocktail, and reception. We also used uplighting to enhance the ambiance of our reception space. Split second sound makes your music choices easy to organize with a form for the bride and groom to fill out to really personalize the day. They even had popular options for some of the times you may find it hard to pick a song. Not only was their timeline flow perfect, but it made my solo planning a breeze when it came down to passing the torch to my day of coordinator. LeVar did an amazing job of incorporating different music throughout the night at the right times. No party music was pumping while people were sitting and eating, and no boring or quiet music was played during the excitement of the party. Also, having a second hype girl there was great! She really helped keep the crowd alive. We wanted a party with everyone out of their seats, and we got it!

Dancing your shoes off

Reviewed on 11/23/2014 Soomin S

We had awesome music throughout the entire reception for our wedding, thanks to Split Second Sound and our DJ, Levar! They were so fun to work with when coming up with ideas for the songs and the playlist to set the tone for the overall reception and I couldn't have had a better time jamming out and dancing with our guests. Levar definitely knew how to get the crowd moving and graciously accommodated all of our requests for the music without any interruptions or awkward transitions, which must've been hard because we had such a wide variety of the types of music we wanted played - but Levar did it! It was evident by the way none of the guests wanted to leave the dance floor, even after the end of the reception was announced, how much they enjoyed the music. Thank you Levar and Split Second Sound for making our night so memorable!

TO Split Second Sound