Entertainment Hosts for Weddings & Events

Split Second Sound is the most referred DJ company in the Carolinas from within the wedding industry professionals & past clients. SSS prides itself on having exclusive DJs, some with us 10 to 15 years, not hiring friends and outside DJs to cover extra bookings. It's that brand consistency that gives couples peace of mind, knowing what to expect at their wedding. In fact, SSS has DJs that speak several languages including Spanish. Indian, Italian and has more experience in all so many cultures then any other company around. Brides & Grooms of today want something new, exciting & different from the typical cookie cutter DJ. Find out why SSS will entertain at over 500 weddings in 2016. Split Second Sound doesn't just provide entertainment.... we create it!

Country, Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Pop, R&B, Rock, African, Arabic, Bollywood, Indian, Latin, Persian

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Planning, Audio/Visual Equipment

1230 West Morehead street, Suite 312, Charlotte, NC

Best DJ Company in the State!

Reviewed on 12/10/2014 Hannah D

When I first booked Split Second Sound, I was a little hesitant. When I dreamt of my wedding day, I always imagined I would have a band. After several recommendations and an initial meeting with Vinny, the founder and owner, I knew I made the right decision. Vinny and his... Read More staff are professional, fun and absolutely brilliant at what they do. He communicated with me clearly and effectively through my engagement and called me a week before the big day to confirm all the details. I had one request for Vinny... coming from a small town, I was concerned that out-of-town guests would be uncomfortable dancing. I had an image of an empty dance floor with people blankly staring at each other as club music roared in the background. I couldn't have been more wrong. Vinny kept people on their feet from start to finish, playing everything from funk to Top 40 hits! People were dancing, laughing and having an absolutely blast. One month later and people are still raving about what a party the wedding was. But what's best about Vinny and Split Second Sound is that they make the wedding day effortless. They made sure that my husband and I, along with our wedding party, knew exactly where to be and when so we didn't have to stress over details and timelines. If you're considering booking Split Second Sound, do so immediately! I guarantee you won't be disappointed. They are hands down the best DJ professionals in Charlotte, and probably the state.

Exceptional Entertainment

Reviewed on 4/04/2014 Michael S

Split Second Sound was recommended by a family friend for my daughters wedding. I must say that it was spot on a great recommendation. We met with Vinny the owner and discussed our requirements. Vinny chose Jonah to be our DJ, but Jonah was more than that, he was an... Read More entertainer and kept the party rolling all night. SSS has a very good process. They have an online form the client can utilize to document song choices, wedding party names and roles as well as phonetic spelling of the names to ensure correcct pronunciation. Jonah also met personally with the bride and groom shortly before the wedding to finalize the agenda. Jonah was the emcee for the evening and everything went like clockwork. I was told he is the most requested entertainer, and I can see why. The DJ can either make or break your event, choosing Split Second Sound will be one of the best vendor decisions you can make.

Couldn't have asked for more!

Reviewed on 3/26/2014 Nicole L

I have nothing but good things to say about working with the SSS office group and our DJ day of - Dennis. The office group was quick to respond to any questions or concerns I had. Vinny sat down with us for our introduction meeting and we felt comfortable enough to book SSS as... Read More soon as we got home. From our first face to face meeting, working with Dennis was reassuring (which is great for any bride!), professional, and fun. We couldn't have asked for more. Dennis was very thoughtful and thorough when going through our music selections and day of schedule. He was an absolute neccesity day of, reminding us of schedule and explaining things calmly on a day there is a lot going on. Beyond that, he was a fun guy with a great sense of humor. Best of all, everyone at the wedding had a blast! I would reccomend SSS to anyone.

Reviewed on 5/31/2016

Used Split Second Sound for our wedding reception and cocktail hour. Derek (our DJ) was great! Did an excellent with our playlist and kept everyone dancing. Very professional, engaged our guests, easy to get a hold of...definitely recommend.

Reviewed on 5/31/2016 Emily S

I loved split second sound! Jonah was our DJ and we are still getting compliments on how great the music was. I was concerned because I wanted everyone to dance all night and have fun. Jonah delivered this and more. They went around to the tables and asked people for music... Read More suggestions and people were so happy because the music the requested was played. The dance floor was never empty. Me and my husband has different music tastes and we couldn't agree on a first dance song so Jonah was able to put together a song that mixed my song choice and my husbands and a third song to get people to dance with us. we have a friend that likes to sing and we wanted him to be able to sing at our wedding so I e-mailed my DJ and asked him if it would be possible and he was able to rework our time line and found the song for him to sing and it was no problem! Anything we asked they were willing to help with. You want to take some photos that look out over the city, no problem they will let you use their roof top. This DJ company is worth the money they are professional and know exactly what to do to get people moving. And are perfect if you don't have a wedding planner, just someone helping you, because they did a timeline for my wedding from the time it started until the last song everything was timed and we were able to stick with it even with the rain that threatened to pour down on us. I would recommend this company for all weddings and not just the owner Vinny he has some amazing people that work for him!

Reviewed on 5/28/2016 Jessica P

We decided on getting a DJ and a coordinator for our wedding. They played the wrong song for when I walked down the aisle (imagine that being the first thing you think of as you walk towards your soon to be husband), only 2 of our songs on our must play list, said my maid of... Read More honors name wrong, and rushed us through our entire receptions (when we had ample amount of time). When I called the office to give feed back they transferred me to the owner. She only apologized on behalf of the DJs we had saying that they have been with her for years and basically didn't believe a thing I said when I have all my guests as witnesses to the horrible service we got. She said she was going to talk with the DJs and get back to me, that was two weeks ago and I have yet to hear back. A genuine apology would have been enough but she couldn't care less. We are completely unsatisfied with Split Second Sound, especially since we paid a pretty penny to have them.

2016-05-30T09:47:07 Response from the vendor

I wish people would be accurate, even if you had a complaint. He played the correct song, not the version you wanted. We will take responsibility for that as we should have been more clear in asking. He didn't rush anything. Rushed the reception? You... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/24/2016 Jessica K

We had split second sound DJ our wedding at the Duke Mansion in April 2016, and they were a phenomenal company to work with! I almost don't even have to say it - everyone knows that they are the best DJ company in Charlotte. They are total professionals and are such a joy to... Read More work with. We had our initial meeting with LaVar at their office and from then on out they catered to every need we had. About 6 months out from the wedding we were assigned Dennis and he was great. He met with us and went over all the details of the wedding and kept saying to us that he wanted us to feel like a "guest at our own wedding" and that was very important for us to hear. The night went perfect - Dennis kept things running flawlessly, kept the whole night upbeat and fun, and was a total professional. Dennis even went out of his way to wipe up a red wine spill on the dance floor when the best man got a bit too excited about his toast -- and it was small things like that really set Split Second apart as a phenomenal group of people. All of our family and friends have been saying what a fun and spectacular night they had. Thank you guys!!

Reviewed on 5/22/2016 Katie D

Awesome company! My husband and I were recommended to use Split Second Sound by our wedding venue. We checked them out, had an initial consult, and were hooked! From the beginning through to the end, everyone at Split Second Sound was amazing. It was nice that Split Second Sound... Read More would not let us hire them by just looking over their pricing and things on their website. They wanted to have an initial consult to get to know us and to make sure that we saw everything they have to offer, saw and understood their particular process, and had the opportunity to answer any and all questions we may have had. As far as actual DJ services, they were beyond expectations good. Jonny and Chad did an excellent job of helping to run the reception and make sure everything went as flawlessly as possible. My husband and I met with Jonny before our wedding and planned out a general music game plan and it went perfectly in execution. During the reception, every time I tried to sit down to take a break/cool down from all of the dancing, I immediately had to get back up and go dance some more because I loved every song played. All of my guests continually commented throughout the night and ever since our wedding how awesome the DJs were and how great the music was. My sister is getting married in November and my mom keeps reminding her how great the DJs were at my wedding and how she is so excited that Split Second Sound will be the DJs for my sister's wedding. Look forward to experiencing their work again. Truly wonderful. I highly recommend them to anyone and everyone who is looking for a DJ for their wedding, or any other event for that matter. Also, super economical. Just excellent al the way around.

Reviewed on 5/21/2016

Worth every penny! From the contract process to the day of, our wedding with Split Second Sound was a breeze. Johnny was our DJ on the day of and did a phenomenal job reading the crowd and as a result, our dance floor was jam packed the entire evening. Excellent!

Reviewed on 5/20/2016 Lauren S

I knew for 5 years that Split Second Sound is who I wanted to DJ my wedding. I saw them at another event and they left me with such an impression. Fast forward to now, and I had another lasting impression. You know you make the right choice when your guests want to know who... Read More your DJ was. They are more than just a DJ, they were right there with my day-of-coordinators helping the progression of the event along. I had complete faith in SSS and no worries. I'm so thankful for the confidence they gave me in the planning leading up to our day.

Reviewed on 5/19/2016 Kelly D

Good Morning, I just wanted to say Thank You so much for working with us this Saturday! I thought DJ JD did an outstanding job with the ceremony and reception music! We were super last minute with things, so we really appreciate him working with us and thinking quick on his... Read More feet to provide us with everything we needed! Thanks again! Your company was a pleasure to work with the entire process.

Reviewed on 5/11/2016 Charlene R

I cannot express how impressed we were with Split Second Sound and the service they provided. They were phenomenal. They made me feel comfortable about everything. Anytime I had questions, I emailed them and they would reply within 24 hours with detailed answers. I was able to... Read More meet with team members as many times as I needed prior to the wedding. Shout out to Anthony and Charlie! You guys were amazing!

Reviewed on 5/05/2016 Todd D

DJ Jonah is hands down the BEST! He truly made our reception come to life and the ultimate party. People still haven't stopped talking about how much fun they had. It was everything we dreamed it would be, plus more. We really appreciated how personal he made the event to us as... Read More well as our guests. Jonah took the time to hang out with our wedding party before introductions, and took song requests from the entire crowd during dinner. SSS definitely takes the experience to a whole new level - we couldn't have asked for more!

Reviewed on 5/04/2016 Victoria C

From the first time we were at a party with Split Second Sound we knew we wanted this company to be our DJ. They were professional, got the crowd involved in the song selection, got everyone dancing and most importantly everyone had a great time! Jonah was our DJ and he was... Read More truly amazing. He met with my husband and I about a month before the wedding where we finalized so many things my husband and I hadn't even thought of. Jonah even helped put together a mashup for my mother and I to dance to - he was so patient with me as I had him edit it at least 5 times. The night of the wedding Jonah was there on time and immediately went to work - keeping the crowd engaged as we were running about 15 minutes behind (with a minor family emergency). Other than that Jonah worked with us that night and helped keep the night running smoothly. I would definitely recommend Split Second Sound and ask for Jonah!!

Reviewed on 5/04/2016

I just wanted to send a note to thank you so much for all that you did to make our day so perfect! We debated over spending so much on a DJ, but now I realize what an investment it was. You were worth every penny! Everyone commented on how much they loved how you took... Read More requests, and how great the music was. For me, the way you controlled the audience. I certainly did not think in a million years we would have trouble with attendees but there were several little things that happened and you just ran interference with ease. I was so impressed and grateful! Beth McKeithan

Reviewed on 5/04/2016 Allison B

Split Second Sound was recommended to us by our friends so we decided to try them out for our wedding. They got to know us in the beginning and carefully selected which lead DJ they thought would be the best for us. They couldn't have chosen anyone better than Derek Andreas. He... Read More knew exactly what we wanted with song selections to engage a diverse crowd. He brought hype when announcing our wedding party and threw in various crowd pleasers that were a hit! He nailed our timeline and knew how to smooth transition. We even had a last minute change and added a gobo monogram light (which was phenomenal and added a personal touch). We are still getting compliments about Split Second Sound and our monogram even after our wedding! Derek did a great job from beginning to end and we highly recommend the entire team!

Reviewed on 5/03/2016 cindy t

Jonah and the entire Split Second Sound team did an amazing job at our wedding. Jonah kept everyone on the dance floor the entire night. We appreciated meeting with him beforehand and felt at ease going into the night knowing he was going to make the night flow exactly how we... Read More wanted. We'd highly recommend him and SSS!

Reviewed on 5/01/2016 Laura L

We had Johny for our 4/16/16 wedding and we were so pleased to have hired Split Second Sound. We hired them for our ceremony, cocktail, and reception entertainment. Johnny did such an amazing job!!! We had over 2 hours of just dancing at our reception and our guests danced until... Read More the very end without wanting to stop. Johnny was great at incorporating our "must have" and "requested" song for the night. He made sure everything was perfect, seamless & I cannot say enough positive things about our reception because of him! Thank you!!

Reviewed on 4/27/2016

My husband and I had our wedding on April 2nd. When asking for recommendations several folks mentioned SSS. When I went to there office everyone was very nice. Vinny, made us feel comfortable. We signed right away and didn't check out anyone else. The website they use to plan... Read More your day out was very simple and easy to use. Vinny touched based with me shortly before the wedding and confirmed everything. If I wasn't sure of something, he said no problem! Our wedding day went very smoothly and I felt like Vinny was part of the family! People would have thought he knew me and my husband for years! I highly recommend SSS to anyone looking for a great DJ!

Reviewed on 4/27/2016 Carissa F

AMAZING EXPERIENCE! We had 2 DJ's & uplighting for our wedding on 4/9. We chose Joey to be our lead DJ & he knocked it out of the park! We had over 2.5 hours of just dancing at our reception & our guests danced until the very end without wanting to stop! He made sure... Read More everything was seamless & I cannot say enough positive things about our reception because of him! If you want a top notch DJ, look no further!

Reviewed on 4/25/2016

Jonah at Split Second Sound did a phenomenal job at my daughter's wedding reception on April 16 and he certainly knew how to get everyone on the dance floor! All the guests were commenting on how good he was and how nice it was of him to stop by each table at dinner to ask for... Read More song requests. He also did a great job announcing the wedding party and the bride and groom for their first dance. You can't go wrong with Jonah!

Reviewed on 4/24/2016

First wedding experience with DJ DENNIS was amazing! He was great, personable, polite! Last night, upon my suggestion, my best friend chose Split Second and got DJ MIKE.. as Matron of Honor, I requested to play a song for the bride and he was completely rude to me. This was a... Read More sober wedding, I hadn't requested any other songs or anything of that nature, and his response was "You have to asks the bride's permission b/c she said no more older songs". Now my best friend, sure I see her saying something like that... but it was his delivery and the fact that I was trying to play her OUR song. I KNOW she would have loved it, but the moment was ruined by him. He could have been more polite about it and just said "I'll see if I have it". But he totally EMBARRASSED me and I felt like a complete idiot trying to do something nice for my best friend. He knew I was the MOH, he introduced us, I had the dress on... but apparently I was a nobody to him.

Reviewed on 4/22/2016 Becka H

We would be happy to be used as a reference in the future, we have nothing but compliments for you all! From the start of the day, you took the time to test the equipment and noticed that the wind may be an issue for sound. Rather than calling the shot on your own you asked our... Read More opinion on how we would like to proceed and were extremely flexible, and worked with us, even though it required additional work on your end. That was so greatly appreciated! You did a fantastic job reading our que on when we were done with our special dances. Announcing the bridal party, playing the specific songs for each piece of the night, and working with our other vendors was flawless. You even played a song upon special request for a flash mob dance at the last minute! Thank you! One of the most surprising and so greatly appreciated moments was when you came to find me to let me know you were holding off on our special requests until we were back in the dance room. Your thoughtfulness, flexibility, and desire to make sure we were happy was impeccable. We couldn't have asked for anything more! You all were perfect!

Reviewed on 4/12/2016 Lee E

Split Second Sound did an amazing job with our music for our wedding in March 2016! I thought it would be difficult to put together a playlist with my love of hip hop/R&B and 60's and my husbands love of the 80s but SSS nailed it! Almost every single person was dancing the... Read More entire night. We even extended our time in order to get more dances in! Jonathan was amazing and made our night one we will always remember.

Reviewed on 4/05/2016 Jen H

Thank you so much for DJ-ing our event on Saturday. You made our wedding everything that we wanted and more! The song selection was perfect, and it matched everything that we discussed before the wedding. You did a perfect job of blending both my husband's and my ideas of... Read More wedding music, to make it a night that was perfect for our guests. Everyone said that it was the best wedding they had been to, and that the atmosphere was amazing. We owe a lot of that to you. Thank you so much!

Vinny & Diane Esposito

Vinny Esposito, co-founder of Split Second Sound, has been providing music and entertainment as a professional DJ/MC and musician for over 30 years. Performing for the first time at a July 4th party on Long Island in 1982, Vinny worked hard to build his brand. Along with being a DJ, Vinny played guitar in regional bands, specifically “Diana” which was fronted by Diane, they owned a 24 track digital recording and rehearsal studio called Split Decision Studios and a mobile sound company. Vinny and his wife Diane moved to Charlotte in 1999 and quickly established their company as the premier DJ