Entertainment Hosts for Weddings & Events

Split Second Sound is the most referred DJ Company in the Carolinas from wedding industry professionals and past clients. We are not your typical “cookie cutter” DJ. With over 30 years experience in the industry, we have DJ’s on staff that are fluent in several languages, have experience with a variety of cultures, and years of experience. DJ’s can make or break your wedding; SSS provides the perfect match of entertainment and professionalism. Before you invite us to your special day, we invite you to our office to see first hand our process, experience past weddings, and meet the crew. We are also available by phone or Skype to show you how and why SSS breaks records each year. We would love to bring your wedding vision to life while providing the best quality service! - Vinny and Diane

Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Pop, R&B, Rock, African, Arabic, Bollywood, Indian, Latin, Persian

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Planning, Audio/Visual Equipment

2220 Westinghouse Blvd, Unit 404, Charlotte, NC (704) 907-9507

Best DJ Company in the State!

Reviewed on 12/10/2014 Hannah D

When I first booked Split Second Sound, I was a little hesitant. When I dreamt of my wedding day, I always imagined I would have a band. After several recommendations and an initial meeting with Vinny, the founder and owner, I knew I made the right decision. Vinny and his... Read More staff are professional, fun and absolutely brilliant at what they do. He communicated with me clearly and effectively through my engagement and called me a week before the big day to confirm all the details. I had one request for Vinny... coming from a small town, I was concerned that out-of-town guests would be uncomfortable dancing. I had an image of an empty dance floor with people blankly staring at each other as club music roared in the background. I couldn't have been more wrong. Vinny kept people on their feet from start to finish, playing everything from funk to Top 40 hits! People were dancing, laughing and having an absolutely blast. One month later and people are still raving about what a party the wedding was. But what's best about Vinny and Split Second Sound is that they make the wedding day effortless. They made sure that my husband and I, along with our wedding party, knew exactly where to be and when so we didn't have to stress over details and timelines. If you're considering booking Split Second Sound, do so immediately! I guarantee you won't be disappointed. They are hands down the best DJ professionals in Charlotte, and probably the state.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Kristen P

When we started planning for our wedding reception, we knew that good music was a key component to having the fun family party that we envisioned.  Choosing a DJ that could get the night going and keep up the energy was important and Split Second Sound exceeded our expectations... Read More in every way. The process started with an introduction call with the company owner, Vinnie.  He walked us through the Split Second philosophy, planning process, and contracts.  After signing the contract, we had access to an online planning platform that allowed us to create a timeline for the evening and choose music that fit our vision.  We had check in calls with the team at Split Second Sound to make sure we didn't have any questions or additional needs. Payments were handled professionally and the process was very easy.  The week of our wedding, we spent time with our DJ, Jonny, who helped us finalize a timeline that would keep things moving so the evening would keep building up to a dance floor filled with friends and family. The day of the wedding, Jonny delivered.  We don't just mean played some good music, kept us on schedule...this was top-of-the-line service that went above and beyond what we imagined.  Jonny and his assistant talked with our family and friends during dinner service to get their requests.  He kept special dances, cake cutting, toasts, and other special touches on schedule so that our guests had lots of time to dance.  Once everyone was up, most people did not sit down!  The party was going so strong, that we decided to extend our contract by an extra hour, which was extremely easy to do in the moment. It has been more than a month since our wedding and our guests are still talking about that night.  "The most fun wedding we have EVER attended," "The BEST music," and "I think I am STILL recovering from dancing" are all common phrases from our family and friends.  We have Jonny and Split Second Sound to thank for this! Brides and Grooms, if you want a company that will help you create YOUR perfect evening, look no further.  Split Second Sound will deliver from the first phone call through the follow up after your big day. --Jim & Kristen, married September 17, 2016

Exceptional Entertainment

Reviewed on 4/04/2014 Michael S

Split Second Sound was recommended by a family friend for my daughters wedding. I must say that it was spot on a great recommendation. We met with Vinny the owner and discussed our requirements. Vinny chose Jonah to be our DJ, but Jonah was more than that, he was an... Read More entertainer and kept the party rolling all night. SSS has a very good process. They have an online form the client can utilize to document song choices, wedding party names and roles as well as phonetic spelling of the names to ensure correcct pronunciation. Jonah also met personally with the bride and groom shortly before the wedding to finalize the agenda. Jonah was the emcee for the evening and everything went like clockwork. I was told he is the most requested entertainer, and I can see why. The DJ can either make or break your event, choosing Split Second Sound will be one of the best vendor decisions you can make.

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Arianne B

We want to thank DJ Charlie for giving us the best wedding ever and making our day so special!!! He was so easy to work with and was available to answer any questions for us during the planning stages. He had the crowd dancing the whole night and knew how to really read them and... Read More pump them up. As far a SSS, they were very professional and very flexible when I decided to change the number of hours at the last minute. They had an online questionnaire that was very very thorough to ensure a seamless unfolding of events and even worked with the wedding planner to make sure everything was perfect! Highly highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Christa C

Levar and Julian were hands down the BEST!!! Professional, fun, personable and full of great energy! Our family and friends are still raving about how great the music was at the wedding, and how much fun they had dancing and singing. Without Levar as the MC/DJ and Julian to... Read More keep the dance floor packed, our wedding would not have been as fun. Thank you SSS for your professionalism and superior service, and thank you to Levar and Julian for a fantastic time, from ceremony to reception!

Reviewed on 8/09/2017 Stacy M

My husband and I got married on a Thursday (July 27th) at Carrigan Farms in Mooresville. Before we were even engaged, we knew that if and when the time came for us to marry, that Jonah Pearl at SSS would be our DJ! Jonah does not disappoint! He was the DJ for 2 of our friends... Read More weddings so we knew his style. He is friendly, personable, helpful and understanding! My husband and I listen to different types of music and we knew that our guests as well preferred a variety of music. Jonah picked songs that everyone knew and liked! He was very helpful when it came time to pick songs that I didn't even realize I needed songs for- he offered many suggestions and listened to my concerns. Another thing we love about Jonah is the way he leads the reception- from introductions, to toasts, to cake cutting, etc...Jonah takes lead and just has that "ladies and gentlemen" voice that sounds very professional. Now Chris- I did not meet Chris before the wedding but knew that Jonah would have someone from SSS accompany him. Chris was WONDERFUL! He had everyone on the dance floor, showing us new line dances that we hadn't learned before. Our guests keep talking about how much fun they had at the wedding and I know that its mostly because of Jonah and Chris! What a great team!!! Thank you guys so much! I definitely recommend SSS for your wedding DJ!

Reviewed on 8/05/2017 Abby P

DJ Steve and his assistant Andre were great! We met with Steve the week before the wedding to discuss details and we knew immediately that we were in good hands. My husband and I were very focused on having an MC that could run the reception leaving us to just sit back and enjoy... Read More the party. Steve helped us come up with a schedule for the reception beforehand that included all of the traditional elements (first dance, cake cutting, etc) but also promoted maximum guest involvement and got them out on the dance floor having a great time. The day of the wedding both Steve and Andre did a great job of keeping the reception moving and my husband and I loved that we didn’t have to keep track of what was coming next, we could just go with the flow. Our guests had a great time and loved that Steve and Andre walked around talking to them and asking for song requests during dinner. If you’re looking for great music and a confident and skilled MC then these two are the team for you!

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 L T

When I was first planning our wedding a DJ was never something I thought I would need, but as we got closer to the big day I changed my mind. We got several recommendations but ultimately went with Split Second Sound. Best Decision Ever! I let Vinny pick the DJ that would best... Read More suit my vision and the team they picked was perfect. They took care of so much, like keeping everything on schedule for the cake cutting and all of those details, that I hadn't even planned on them doing. They are not just DJs, they are temporary wedding planners. The DJs kept the party going and even got involved on some of the dances! Loved them! They made our wedding night even more special.

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 L B

This review is based on our experience at our daughter's wedding. Our evaluation, given below, is shared by the bride and groom. We are all in agreement. Overall, our guests seemed to enjoy the music. We did, however, encounter several issues that point to a lack of planning,... Read More coordination, and expertise. First, Rasheed placed the speakers relatively close together and on the floor. That made for quite poor balance of the sound, and an inability for guests to hear the speaking and music at distant portions of the room. It also meant that guests were dancing in front of the speakers and blocking the sound. The speakers should have been elevated as is common practice. Second, there was a lack of coordination among Rasheed, Danius, and the catering staff. This resulted in Rasheed calling for the toasts from the Maid of Honor and Best Man before the champagne had been poured. When we booked, we questioned the need to have two people from SplitSecond and were told that the second person was necessary in order to ensure proper coordination. That didn't occur. Furthermore, Danius was extremely passive and, for the most part, did not engage our guests. In fact, most of the guests were not even aware that Danius was there as a facilitator. Third, the bride had requested that Rasheed play a traditional "Hora medley." Such medleys are readily accessible on the internet to anyone. What Rasheed played was a strange hip-hop version of the traditional dance melodies. While guests participated, it was far less than satisfactory. In fact, one younger guest remarked, "That was the saddest hora I've ever seen." Once the party got to the point that there was continuous dancing and all Rasheed had to do was keep the music going, things seemed to work out fine. Again, most guests enjoyed themselves. Splitsecond had come very highly recommended. The plain truth is that Rasheed and Danius did not deliver a polished, professional wedding experience. Finally, Splitsecond did solicit feedback from us and we sent them essentially the same review as written here. We offered to discuss our experience with them. They never responded or acknowledged our communication.

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Ashley T

Amazing!! I couldn't have asked for more! I booked Split Second for my wedding ceremony and reception. The service I received from my first conversation up until the actual wedding day was perfect. Everyone at Split Second that I encountered was friendly and professional. They... Read More did a great job setting me up for the perfect day ahead of time. They have a web portal where you can enter all the details of your big day -including information about you and your spouse, average age of guests, requested songs and even your timeline of the day. This made the day of go so smoothly! I loved them and my guests loved them. In addition to the DJ services, I signed up for th Bride Concierge package. Lauren was absolutely phenomenal. She was a huge help on our wedding day - she assisted with decorations, setup and breakdown. I didn't have to worry about a single detail. I couldn't have made it through the day without her! I highly recommend using Split Second Sound!

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Ally J

Jonah and Daziah were hands down the best entertainment we could have asked for on our wedding day. They kept the dance floor packed from the minute it opened with people of all ages. We are so grateful to them for a reception that blew us away. Guests are still telling us how... Read More much fun they had and it is all thanks to the atmosphere that split second sound set.

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Casie S

Split Second Sound came highly recommended by my wedding coordinator, and DJ Anthony & Kristina did not disappoint. Split Second Sound has a very user-friendly website that you can update with tons of information to help your DJ personalize your event. Anthony then followed up... Read More with a phone call the week of the wedding to go over last minute details and requests. The ceremony guitarist we had hired cancelled at 10:30pm the night before the wedding. My wedding coordinator reached out to Anthony right away, and within minutes, he had agreed to cover the ceremony as well. I can’t tell you how relieved I was, and I slept a little easier knowing that problem was solved BEFORE my wedding day. I could tell throughout the evening that Anthony listened to all my feedback about music we did/didn’t like, and Kristina did an awesome job getting even our non-dancing guests out of their seats. We got tons of complements on the DJ and his ability to read the crowd, Thank you so much Anthony and Kristina!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Emily N

Wow! Where to begin? From the get go, Split Second Sound left us impressed. The initial contact left us feeling so confident that this company would be able to give us the wedding of our dreams, and that they did! We absolutely loved that SSS matched us up with a DJ that was not... Read More only familiar with our venue, but also matched our personalities. Our first meeting with DJ Michael Glass was fabulous, and as soon as we hung up from Skype, my husband and I looked at each other and knew that this guy was going to be incredible. Michael accommodated all of our needs -- even allowing me to sing Britney Spears karaoke in the middle of the reception. When rain forced us to change our plans, Michael worked closely with our venue staff to make sure that the evening went on without a hitch. All of our guests had the time of their lives dancing to songs that they requested. We heard so many people say it was the best DJ they had ever heard!! We absolutely loved our wedding day experience, and we owe a lot of that to the wonderful people at SSS, especially Michael! Thanks, y'all, for the best night of our lives! Emily and Currey Nobles

Reviewed on 7/09/2017 Abigail R

Derek and Julian were our DJ's from Split Second Sound and we couldn't of been happier with them! We had a last minute crisis with our music and they saved the day. Meeting our every need within a few days notice. We are so thankful for their professionalism, there ability to be... Read More flexible and their talent! Our DJ's were fantastic. We got so many compliments from our guests and as the Bride I couldn't of asked for more.

Reviewed on 7/03/2017 Kathleen W

We had several people recommend Split Second Sound to us and signed as soon as we saw their presentation. Very well organized and we loved our DJ Roger and his assistant Austin. They had us out on the dance floor & we had a ball!

Reviewed on 7/02/2017 Laura B

We used Split Second Sound for our wedding on June 24th and loved everything about the company! Not only did they provide us with an outstanding dj duo (Steve and Corey) but we had the amazing help of Rachel as a concierge for our wedding day. Steve and Corey went above and... Read More beyond to create a fun wedding atmosphere! They used our specific song choices, added their creativity with our entrance and final song, and even joined the guests on the dance floor. We loved Steve's energy and how well he led the reception! Split Second's concierge service is just what we needed for our wedding day as well. Rachel helped with communications with the vendors, setting up the venue/cleanup at the end of the night, and many other things throughout the day. We had planned an outdoor wedding but needed to move inside due to rain. Rachel, Steve, and Corey were such a great team in organizing the guests to move indoors as well as making sure the venue would be beautiful for an indoor ceremony. Split Second Sound is absolutely amazing and we would recommend any of their services to brides and grooms!

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Allie H

Using Split Second Sound for our May 28, 2017 wedding was one of the best decisions we made about the entire wedding! Our wedding was at the 1927 Lake Lure Inn & Spa. DJ Mike Nania was absolutely incredible as well as Corey B who helped him execute the perfect dance floor. They... Read More were professional, fun, and detail-oriented. Mike was great to work with before the wedding. Split Second's online system was easy to use, then Mike's follow up phone call helped us to process how the reception would flow. During the actual event, Mike made all of the right decisions as far as timing and music selection. The guests had an absolute blast and it's primarily because of the song selections and overall feel created by Mike. Our venue wedding coordinator commented (multiple times) that this was the best DJ they have ever had at the Inn! This is saying a lot since she sees all types of weddings all year round. I would have to agree! We highly recommend Split Second, and specifically DJ Mike. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 6/24/2017 Blair B

We used SSS as our DJ for our may wedding. In particular Jonathan was our DJ. From booking them to meeting Jonathan to the wedding night everything was perfect and without issue. Jonathan took the time to hear what we liked and gave us many suggestions. From talking to guests... Read More during and after the wedding, the one thing they all mentioned was great was the music. We can't recommend and thank you guys enough!!

Reviewed on 6/24/2017 Sydney W

Our DJs Steve and Joey were amazing, as is the entire split second sound team! Our music made the special moments in our wedding even more special and the flow and fun atmosphere of our reception was in large part due to our great DJs and their dedication to ensure that we were... Read More satisfied and happy all evening!

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 Valerie S

We could not have picked a better DJ Service for our wedding day! We only had 75 guests, but the dance floor was full all night! Jonah was amazing, listened to our requests and was able to play music that everyone enjoyed (we had quite an age range in our guests). Would hire... Read More them again in a heartbeat!!

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 Valerie S

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Megan R

Lead DJ Joey Verde and his assistant were outstanding at our June 10, 2017 wedding. Joey made sure to work the crowd and played every song request made by our guests. The dance floor was full for the entire night and he was an excellent host. Joey kept everything running... Read More smoothly and we didn't have to worry about a thing! We are very pleased with how everything turned out, thank you Split Second Sound!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Beth P

LOOK NO FURTHER! Split Second Sound is the best!! They were pleasant and professional throughout my wedding planning experience. I hired LeVar as my DJ and he was AMAZING!! I couldn't have asked for a better reception, the dance floor was popping!! Whenever I was asked from... Read More another vendor who I chose as my DJ and I said Split Second Sound, their reply was the same.. "Oh awesome, they're the best." :) They know how to party!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Abby H

We didn't have the perfect experience we were hoping for. It's disappointing to see all the five star reviews and raves about SSS compared to the service we received at our reception. Overall, great music. One guest asked for their contact info for her daughter's wedding.

Reviewed on 6/18/2017 Chelsea B

Split Second Sound was amazing they are very professional, and I love that they find a DJ that fits each individual couple's personality it makes it so much more personalized and easier to work with the DJ who just gets you! The price was reasonable not the cheapest but I firmly... Read More believe you get what you pay for and what we got was perfect and worth every penny! I also love that the company lets you organize your day online and then you get to meet with your DJ and go over final details, being a type A person this made me feel very organized! Our DJ's were Dennis M. and Neil. These guys were great they worked well together and also work great with our coordinators as well the groom and I to make our day flow smoothly and also for people to enjoy themselves. They played great music and kept the party going and knew when to transition to different activities in just the right way . I had several guest tell me how much fun they had dancing and how great our DJ's were, which made me very proud to have chosen Split Second Sound to be apart of our day! Thank you so much to our DJ's and the Split Second team we cannot thank you enough for making our day filled with laughter and fun and good music among the many other things ya'll helped us with!- The Boyds

Vinny & Diane Esposito

Vinny and Diane moved to Charlotte in 1999 and quickly established their company as the premier DJ company in the area writing a record breaking 1032 events in 2016 (465 being weddings) . Starting with 3 DJs on staff entertaining 40 events in 2002, Split now employs over 45 of the most talented MC/DJ Entertainers in the business. Split Second Sound embodies family and values. All of our DJ’s are a part of a family team as several exclusive DJ’s have been with SSS for up to 15 years.