Entertainment Hosts for Weddings & Events

Split Second Sound is the most referred DJ Company in the Carolinas from wedding industry professionals and past clients. We are not your typical “cookie cutter” DJ. With over 30 years experience in the industry, we have DJ’s on staff that are fluent in several languages, have experience with a variety of cultures, and years of experience. DJ’s can make or break your wedding; SSS provides the perfect match of entertainment and professionalism. Before you invite us to your special day, we invite you to our office to see first hand our process, experience past weddings, and meet the crew. We are also available by phone or Skype to show you how and why SSS breaks records each year. We would love to bring your wedding vision to life while providing the best quality service! - Vinny and Diane

Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Pop, R&B, Rock, African, Arabic, Bollywood, Indian, Latin, Persian

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Planning, Audio/Visual Equipment

2220 Westinghouse Blvd, Unit 404, Charlotte, NC (704) 907-9507

Best DJ Company in the State!

Reviewed on 12/10/2014 Hannah D

When I first booked Split Second Sound, I was a little hesitant. When I dreamt of my wedding day, I always imagined I would have a band. After several recommendations and an initial meeting with Vinny, the founder and owner, I knew I made the right decision. Vinny and his... Read More staff are professional, fun and absolutely brilliant at what they do. He communicated with me clearly and effectively through my engagement and called me a week before the big day to confirm all the details. I had one request for Vinny... coming from a small town, I was concerned that out-of-town guests would be uncomfortable dancing. I had an image of an empty dance floor with people blankly staring at each other as club music roared in the background. I couldn't have been more wrong. Vinny kept people on their feet from start to finish, playing everything from funk to Top 40 hits! People were dancing, laughing and having an absolutely blast. One month later and people are still raving about what a party the wedding was. But what's best about Vinny and Split Second Sound is that they make the wedding day effortless. They made sure that my husband and I, along with our wedding party, knew exactly where to be and when so we didn't have to stress over details and timelines. If you're considering booking Split Second Sound, do so immediately! I guarantee you won't be disappointed. They are hands down the best DJ professionals in Charlotte, and probably the state.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Kristen P

When we started planning for our wedding reception, we knew that good music was a key component to having the fun family party that we envisioned.  Choosing a DJ that could get the night going and keep up the energy was important and Split Second Sound exceeded our expectations... Read More in every way. The process started with an introduction call with the company owner, Vinnie.  He walked us through the Split Second philosophy, planning process, and contracts.  After signing the contract, we had access to an online planning platform that allowed us to create a timeline for the evening and choose music that fit our vision.  We had check in calls with the team at Split Second Sound to make sure we didn't have any questions or additional needs. Payments were handled professionally and the process was very easy.  The week of our wedding, we spent time with our DJ, Jonny, who helped us finalize a timeline that would keep things moving so the evening would keep building up to a dance floor filled with friends and family. The day of the wedding, Jonny delivered.  We don't just mean played some good music, kept us on schedule...this was top-of-the-line service that went above and beyond what we imagined.  Jonny and his assistant talked with our family and friends during dinner service to get their requests.  He kept special dances, cake cutting, toasts, and other special touches on schedule so that our guests had lots of time to dance.  Once everyone was up, most people did not sit down!  The party was going so strong, that we decided to extend our contract by an extra hour, which was extremely easy to do in the moment. It has been more than a month since our wedding and our guests are still talking about that night.  "The most fun wedding we have EVER attended," "The BEST music," and "I think I am STILL recovering from dancing" are all common phrases from our family and friends.  We have Jonny and Split Second Sound to thank for this! Brides and Grooms, if you want a company that will help you create YOUR perfect evening, look no further.  Split Second Sound will deliver from the first phone call through the follow up after your big day. --Jim & Kristen, married September 17, 2016

Exceptional Entertainment

Reviewed on 4/04/2014 Michael S

Split Second Sound was recommended by a family friend for my daughters wedding. I must say that it was spot on a great recommendation. We met with Vinny the owner and discussed our requirements. Vinny chose Jonah to be our DJ, but Jonah was more than that, he was an... Read More entertainer and kept the party rolling all night. SSS has a very good process. They have an online form the client can utilize to document song choices, wedding party names and roles as well as phonetic spelling of the names to ensure correcct pronunciation. Jonah also met personally with the bride and groom shortly before the wedding to finalize the agenda. Jonah was the emcee for the evening and everything went like clockwork. I was told he is the most requested entertainer, and I can see why. The DJ can either make or break your event, choosing Split Second Sound will be one of the best vendor decisions you can make.

Reviewed on 5/26/2017 Lindsay T

Had a fabulous experience with Split Second! Jonah & Corey were wonderful to work with and we got so many compliments from guests on the music. Thank you for making our day memorable and seamless!

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Samantha L

DJ Mike was our DJ at our reception and we are still getting messages and calls about how much fun people had. I don't think there was one second that the dance floor wasn't packed. He played the perfect songs in a great order to get everyone out on the dance floor. My husband... Read More is Haitian so we wanted to play some Haitian music during our dinner and Mike made it super easy to make sure he had all the songs needed. He also did a great job in making sure we did all the "traditional dances" we wanted to. Mike and his assistant made sure our guests were having a blast and read the crowd perfectly. Our night was made because of Split Second Sound and the party DJ Mike helped us throw!

Reviewed on 5/21/2017 Doug R

We absolutely loved working with Split Second Sound. Levar was so amazing! He is fun, energetic, and easy-going. He has an amazing ability to read the crowd and adjust the music to get everyone partying! We told him what type of vibe we were looking for, we didn't even have to... Read More give him a playlist - and he made our wedding unforgettable! We really loved working with Levar and SSS!

Reviewed on 5/19/2017 Caryl P

Steve and Corie were great at our Wedding at the Ballantyne Country Club in Charlotte. We had a wonderful time, they played all the requested music we planned and helped with getting everyone up to dance~ The performed announcements of the Wedding party, First Dance with Groom... Read More and Bride, Toast by Best Man and Maid of Honor and facilitated the Cake Cutting....I would highly recommend both Steve and Corey is you are looking for a team that listens to what your expectations are and fulfills them....Thank you so much Steve and Corey...Caryl & Jack 4/29/17

Reviewed on 5/17/2017 Kelli B

Split second sound was very organized and easy to work with. We got paired with Anthony and he did a great job! He was very outgoing, friendly and engaging before, and during the event. We would highly recommend this company and Anthony as the DJ.

Reviewed on 5/10/2017 Brittney L

Our first vendor we booked was a DJ because we know they can make or break a party. Boy, are we glad we booked Split Second!! Our wedding was the best. Everyone kept saying they had never been to a wedding where the dance floor was packed all night long. Vinny and Julian were... Read More high energy and our guests loved them. We will keep them in mind for any future events and will be recommending them to others!

Reviewed on 5/07/2017 Alexa S

Split Second sound was such an easy to work with. I planned my entire wedding in a year and a half, so having a music company organized and thorough kept my fiancé and myself sane during this process! We had Vinny and Adrian at our wedding and they were absolutely incredible!... Read More Adrian kept the party alive in the middle of the dance floor and Vinny provided the best music to keep our guest’s entertained. They were lively, upbeat and listened to everything I had wanted played at our wedding. Speaking with Vinny prior to our wedding day allowed us to solidify our plans for the day, as well as, allow his personal input to ensure our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception would flow smoothly. Vinny also recommended a “Last Dance” that my husband and I danced to, alone, while everyone was lined up for sparklers. They are a great company and I recommend them to everyone, if you want an awesome wedding- that is!

Reviewed on 5/05/2017 Melissa R

Vinny and Julian were amazing! Before our wedding reception, they made sure we were on the same page as to what we wanted, and that continued during the reception itself. They not only helped facilitate the events of the evening, but they adapted things on the fly to make sure... Read More the guests were happy. In fact, numerous people approached us afterwards and told us that our wedding was the most fun wedding they'd ever been to. Thanks, SS Sound!

Reviewed on 5/04/2017 Elsa M

SSS is definitely the best of the best! Charlie did an amazing job at our wedding. Everyone complemented him and the great music he played even when we weren't able to give him a playlist. He went out of his way to make sure everything ran smoothly and that even my husband... Read More and I got to eat. I would definitely recommend SSS to any bride and specially Charlie. Couldn't have asked for a better DJ to make our special night amazing!

Reviewed on 5/04/2017 Nicholas W

Charlie Esparza did excellent job with engaging the crowd and keeping everyone updated on events throughout ceremony. Music was pretty much what we had requested. I would highly recommend him for any type of traditional or non traditional wedding. Sound system top notch!!

Reviewed on 4/27/2017 Alissa T

Joey & Andre were fantastic! Joey is very organized and listed to things we liked and didn't like prior to our wedding. He was able to make recommendations to our timeline that our Day Of Coordinator hadn't thought about and it made everything run smoothly. Our only complaint... Read More about our wedding was our dance floor wasn't big enough! Joey really knows how to make everyone get on the dance floor and have a great time. Our wedding was the party we wanted because of Joey and Split Second Sound. Thanks for everything!

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Jennifer H

We had the best experience with Split Second Sound! Our DJs were JD and Roger and they were fun and played everything we wanted them to play and kept the guests on the dance floor! I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a DJ! They were very professional and helpful... Read More throughout the entire process!

Reviewed on 4/22/2017 Tye R

Our wedding was on 4/1/17 and I'm so glad we booked Spit Second Sound. I met DJ Eric at a bridal show and instantly knew I wanted this company to provide entertainment for our special day. They provided ceremony music in addition to entertainment for our reception. Prices were... Read More reasonable (we were on a strict budget). They were extremely easy to work with. They made SURE we were a guest at our wedding. They made sure to customize the music to our every desire. We couldn't have asked for a better package and DJ. Thanks Eric & Rashaad!!!! Job well done :)

Reviewed on 4/19/2017 Kim F

Split Second Sound was wonderful to work with for our wedding reception. They were professional, friendly and played all the music requested as well as selecting music that was a great fit for keeping our guests happy and dancing. We highly recommend Split Second Sound!

Reviewed on 4/19/2017 Danielle K

5 STAR MC/DJ/Entertainers! Split Second Sound made it so easy to plan my wedding reception entertainment from long distance, through phone and their online system! They also offer a variety of packages that help their clients choose options within their price range/budget.... Read More LeVar, Lead MC/DJ, and Andre, Party Motivator (aka "Hype Man"), were AWESOME and perfectly executed the vision and vibes we wanted for our celebration! I now couldn't imagine our night without them!

Reviewed on 4/18/2017 Lori L

Book this company! You will not be sorry! We booked Split Second Sound for our wedding because they had such good reviews, but our DJ (Roger) exceeded our expectations. He was easy to work with, both during the planning phase and on our wedding day. He knew exactly what type... Read More of music to play for each part of the event, and his choices couldn't have been more perfect. Our guests were on the dance floor having a blast, and several people commented on how good the DJ was at keeping the mood festive. If you want to have someone who listens and can create exactly the mood you want for your event, talk to the folks at Split Second Sound. They are awesome!

Reviewed on 4/13/2017 Meredith B

When I booked split second sound I was very excited! My husband and I wanted a fun atmosphere for our guests and DJ Barry did just that! He was very flexible communicating with us ( we live in Florida and were planning the wedding in North Carolina) and offered great... Read More suggestions. He totally gave us the vibe we wanted throughout our reception!

Reviewed on 4/13/2017 Brandy R

I was so pleased with Split Second Sound from the minute I chose them to do our wedding. Our DJ Derek, went above and beyond to make sure that everything went perfectly. He assisted me with music selections, creating a time line for the flow of our reception and sending... Read More text/emails to ensure we had all of our bases covered. He made sure that everything went perfectly. His energy and personality were the perfect fit to get the crowd involved and on the dance floor. I would HIGHLY recommend using SSS for your wedding. They're AMAZING! :)

Reviewed on 4/04/2017 Jennifer T

Split Second Sound, and particularly our DJ's Jonah & Julian, were wonderful! They made the day- of effortless for me and my new husband. It was so helpful having them there to maintain the flow of the night and provide awesome entertainment! I have absolutely no complaints and... Read More would recommend this company to all soon-to-be brides! PS: thanks for Rick-rolling at our reception! :)

Reviewed on 3/27/2017 Lindsay L

We worked with Joey at SSS. He was phenomenal. We met up early on before our wedding, and immediately felt at ease. The moment the dance floor opened up at our wedding, people were out there - we could not have asked for a better experience!

Reviewed on 3/19/2017 Abbey N

Split Second Sound was easily one of our favorite wedding vendors. They were professional in every encounter that we had with them and beyond accommodating. We hired the company's owner, Vinny Esposito, as our wedding DJ, and are so happy that we did. Vinny's energy and... Read More positivity is unparalleled; he kept the party going throughout the evening and everything flowed seamlessly! Leading up to our big day, he was extremely helpful in laying out the sequence and timing of events. Vinny is a true professional and it's obvious that he loves what he does. I can't recommend him and Split Second Sound enough if you're looking for a fun and energetic DJ!

Reviewed on 3/07/2017 Sarah D

We had heard great things about Split Second Sound but what we had heard didn't do them justice. Jonathan K was our DJ and he was fantastic. He met with us several times prior to our wedding and helped to coordinate with our wedding planner to make sure that our wedding ran... Read More smoothly. Not only did our wedding run smoothly but everyone had a great time. The music was on point and a good variety. My guests raved about the music and loved that Jonathan went around to every table and got music requests. I would recommend SSS and Jonathan K to anybody!

Vinny & Diane Esposito

Vinny and Diane moved to Charlotte in 1999 and quickly established their company as the premier DJ company in the area writing a record breaking 1032 events in 2016 (465 being weddings) . Starting with 3 DJs on staff entertaining 40 events in 2002, Split now employs over 45 of the most talented MC/DJ Entertainers in the business. Split Second Sound embodies family and values. All of our DJ’s are a part of a family team as several exclusive DJ’s have been with SSS for up to 15 years.