Country, Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Pop, R&B, Rock, African, Arabic, Bollywood, Indian, Latin, Persian

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Planning, Audio/Visual Equipment

2220 Westinghouse Blvd, Unit 404, Charlotte, NC

Best DJ Company in the State!

Reviewed on 12/10/2014 Hannah D

When I first booked Split Second Sound, I was a little hesitant. When I dreamt of my wedding day, I always imagined I would have a band. After several recommendations and an initial meeting with Vinny, the founder and owner, I knew I made the right decision. Vinny and his... Read More staff are professional, fun and absolutely brilliant at what they do. He communicated with me clearly and effectively through my engagement and called me a week before the big day to confirm all the details. I had one request for Vinny... coming from a small town, I was concerned that out-of-town guests would be uncomfortable dancing. I had an image of an empty dance floor with people blankly staring at each other as club music roared in the background. I couldn't have been more wrong. Vinny kept people on their feet from start to finish, playing everything from funk to Top 40 hits! People were dancing, laughing and having an absolutely blast. One month later and people are still raving about what a party the wedding was. But what's best about Vinny and Split Second Sound is that they make the wedding day effortless. They made sure that my husband and I, along with our wedding party, knew exactly where to be and when so we didn't have to stress over details and timelines. If you're considering booking Split Second Sound, do so immediately! I guarantee you won't be disappointed. They are hands down the best DJ professionals in Charlotte, and probably the state.

Exceptional Entertainment

Reviewed on 4/04/2014 Michael S

Split Second Sound was recommended by a family friend for my daughters wedding. I must say that it was spot on a great recommendation. We met with Vinny the owner and discussed our requirements. Vinny chose Jonah to be our DJ, but Jonah was more than that, he was an... Read More entertainer and kept the party rolling all night. SSS has a very good process. They have an online form the client can utilize to document song choices, wedding party names and roles as well as phonetic spelling of the names to ensure correcct pronunciation. Jonah also met personally with the bride and groom shortly before the wedding to finalize the agenda. Jonah was the emcee for the evening and everything went like clockwork. I was told he is the most requested entertainer, and I can see why. The DJ can either make or break your event, choosing Split Second Sound will be one of the best vendor decisions you can make.

Couldn't have asked for more!

Reviewed on 3/26/2014 Nicole L

I have nothing but good things to say about working with the SSS office group and our DJ day of - Dennis. The office group was quick to respond to any questions or concerns I had. Vinny sat down with us for our introduction meeting and we felt comfortable enough to book SSS as... Read More soon as we got home. From our first face to face meeting, working with Dennis was reassuring (which is great for any bride!), professional, and fun. We couldn't have asked for more. Dennis was very thoughtful and thorough when going through our music selections and day of schedule. He was an absolute neccesity day of, reminding us of schedule and explaining things calmly on a day there is a lot going on. Beyond that, he was a fun guy with a great sense of humor. Best of all, everyone at the wedding had a blast! I would reccomend SSS to anyone.

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Olivia P

My husband and I are so glad we went with Split Second Sound. We had DJ Jonny and his assistant to MC and DJ. My family is conservative and not the dancing type, they were able to make my family dance! One of my friends said it was the best reception they had ever been too and I... Read More don't think it would have been if it wasn't for Split Second. They really hyped up the crowd and had great intuition for the audience's mood. Split Second also has a online platform to help with the reception flow and help you prepare in advance with song choices, etc. and misc. details you wouldn't think about. We are so glad we went with them for our August wedding in Charlotte!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Amy B

We absolutely loved working with Split Second Sound. Our DJ, Joey, created custom tracks for the father/daughter and mother/son dance. He checked in with me the week before the wedding to ensure everything was in order. He also asked for must-play songs and created the perfect... Read More playlist for our reception. He even hooked up a guitar so my brother could surprise us with a serenade. Our hype man/MC, Andre, was also a blast. He got our guests dancing in no time. From the moment we arrived at our reception, Joey and Andre took care of us. They kept everything running like clockwork which enabled us to fully enjoy every moment. Thank you SSS!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Andrea B

Loved them timely manner setting up everything I asked for was done keep crowd going great job introducing wedding party all around fun and entertaining

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Melissa R

This company is absolutely amazing! We could not have chosen a better DJ - Derek was so great! He made sure everything ran smoothly, and most importantly, he allowed everyone to have the time of their lives!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Sean K

My wife and I used SSS for our September 2016 wedding and Anthony, our DJ, blew our expectations out of the water. Both he and the company are extremely professional and great with their communication. Their interaction with my wife and I in addition to the guests at our... Read More wedding were greatly appreciated (several people from my wedding confirmed on their own accord) and their price is very reasonable. Our main request for Anthony was to keep the dance floor full and he did not disappoint! Thank you so much, SSS!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Maria B

Simply the best!!!!!! Not only did Vinny DJ my wedding, but he was also my MC for the night. I had a big fat Greek Wedding with almost 600 guests. I had a giant wedding party with difficult Greek names. We also had a live band from Greece. But NONE of this affected Vinny from... Read More being amazing. He killed it! He did such a great job announcing the wedding party, he played amazing music all night long and really got the crowd going. I planned a special surprise dance with my dad and Vinny personally helped me create the soundtrack for it. It went better than I ever imagined!!!!!! Vinny and the Split Second team are so professional and so fun to work with. If you want your guests to party all night long, PLEASE do yourself a favor and get this company to help make your special day even more spectacular!!!!!!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Danielle M

Split Second Sound, DJ Jonny and Ben were amazing! Professional and easy to work with! Very accommodating when we moved our whole venue less than 24 hours from the wedding! They got everyone who wanted to dance to dance! Timed all the ceremony perfectly and played everyone... Read More favorites songs for every generation! Awesome people!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Kristen S

The DJ on the night of our wedding was awesome and made sure the night flowed smoothly. The majority of our guests danced all night long. Multiple guests reported it was the most fun wedding reception they had been to. Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Holly H

Zach and I can honestly not put into words how much having you be apart of our wedding meant to us. From the first meet and greet we attended, we knew without a doubt that would be no better company to have DJ our big day! After being assigned our DJ, Jonah, he reached out to... Read More us immediately and worked around Zach and I's work schedules to meet with us and plan out the details of the day. Jonah was so attentive and purposeful in making sure he understood exactly what we wanted- from our first dance, to the songs that would get our guests on the dance floor the quickest, we knew we had zero worries about how wonderful it would be. When the wedding finally arrived, everything ran smoothly and our guests loved the variety of music that was played! Giovanni jumped right in and helped Jonah out with the day of duties and you could see that they made an excellent team! Thank you all for being an upstanding and hardworking company and for ensuring that all of your weddings are top notch. We are grateful to have worked with Split Second Sound!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Kate P

We used Split Second Sound for our wedding reception and we couldn't have asked for a better DJ. With the vast types of people you get at a wedding we were concerned about what music to play to get people to dance and keep them dancing. Derek at SSS did an awesome job of getting... Read More to know our guests and figured out what music to play without us giving him a ton of guidance on what to play, and it went very well. Just let them do their job and they will do it VERY well. He also put a speaker outside for our indoor/outdoor reception to keep the party going everywhere, which gained a lot of compliments from the guests. EVERYONE had a ton of fun at our wedding and the party could have kept going well past the time we had to be out, and a big thanks goes to Derek and SSS for that. My only complaint is the night was over to quickly because it was so fun.

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Chelsea H

If I could give them higher than a 5 star rating I would! We had DJ and coordinator Chad. It was above and beyond what we were expecting. I am not even a dancer but could not get off the dance floor. Highly reccomend!!!

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Katie C

Split Second Sound was fantastic from beginning to end! I initially met with Vinny for a consultation meeting and I knew right away that Split would be perfect for our wedding. Throughout the planning process they were helpful, organized, and accommodating. Always responded to... Read More emails in a timely fashion and never dropped the ball! Anthony was our DJ and he did everything he could to make things as seamless as possible. All of our guests had a great time and raved about the music choice and how much fun they had. As the Bride, I felt like I was in good hands and could rely on Anthony to take care of the timeline of the reception. Wonderful experience!!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Colleen G

These are the best DJ's in town! I got married September 3rd and Joey Verde was our dj and he exceeded our expectations! When we first met with him he immediately knew the kind of vibe and music we wanted for the entire event( ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception) just by... Read More naming a few songs. We didn't have to worry at all about the "music" part of wedding planning when we left our first meeting. Not only do they help with the music they work with your venue/wedding planner to help move things along such as toasts and cake cutting.ect. We wanted to get through the formalities as quickly as possible and having Joey help keep us on schedule was really nice treat. Everyone had a blast and really enjoyed the music! I highly recommend this company and especially Joey Verde!!

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Tara D

My husband and I have three daughters. Our youngest was married this past weekend.....the third wedding in 21 months! The first was in November 2014 for our middle daughter. A friend highly recommended we use Vinny with SSS. With all the decision making that comes with... Read More planning a large wedding, choosing Vinny was the best decision we made! He was phenomenal! Our main goal for her reception was for everyone to leave, saying, "wow! what a fun reception!" Vinny did not disappoint! Until this past Saturday (sorry middle daughter), everyone was still talking about how much fun they had at her reception, nearly two years ago! Shortly after middle daughter's wedding, our oldest daughter became engaged and was married in September 2015. Because we didn't want to take anything away from middle daughter's recent wedding, we reluctantly hired a different DJ company for her wedding. That was a really bad decision and we will always regret it. Five weeks after oldest daughter's wedding, youngest daughter got engaged! Once the wedding date was set (8-27-16), Vinny was the first vendor we contacted. We would've changed the wedding date had Vinny not been available! Once again, he did not disappoint! The reception was in the Urban Garden at the Ritz Carlton. From the introductions of the wedding party down to the bride and groom's exit, Vinny and Jonah kept the party going. The dance floor stayed packed the entire evening! No one wanted the night to end! I can't say enough great things about Vinny and Jonah. Not only are they the best DJ’s we've ever experienced, but they are two of the nicest people you will ever meet. Thanks in large part to Vinny and Jonah, our youngest daughter's wedding day was her dream come true!

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 Michelle A

We could not have been happier with Jonathan as our wedding DJ! I had been to a couple of weddings where the DJ's were less than great and had forgotten names of the wedding party, played the wrong songs, etc. so I was a little nervous about picking the right one. From the... Read More beginning, Jonathan was so interested in learning more about us and making sure he knew what we wanted for our evening. My husband and I wanted our first dance song to be a mix of 2 songs and he worked hard to put together exactly what we envisioned! The entire evening went off perfectly as planned and he did an amazing job setting the mood for each part. We would highly recommend Jonathan and Split Second Sound!

Reviewed on 9/17/2016 Emily O

Bride's often say that it is "our day" and "all about me," well Vinny made it all about me. He and Julian were concerned with making sure I was having fun, that my expectations were met, and that there was no lull in dancing. I felt like the star of the show. Vinny's music... Read More choices were amazing. We had so much fun dancing! Great DJ and great guy!

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Michelle F

Split Second Sound was so fantastic to work with! I did the majority of my wedding planning from out of state, but the guys at Split Second Sound returned every question I had with either an email response or a phone call. Everything was perfect the day of the wedding. We had to... Read More make some time adjustments due to typical wedding day things and it could not have gone smoother. None of my guests knew we changed a thing. They kept the energy up and provided an amazing party for me and my guests!

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Chris M

AMAZING!! Anthony Esposito was our DJ and he was exceptional. He listened to what we were looking for and hit it perfectly. My guests are still talking about how great he and the music was. They were so impressed that he actually went to all the tables and asked if any one had... Read More any request. We couldn't of done any better! Thank you Anthony and Split Second Sound for an amazing wedding!! My husband and I are so happy we had you to make our day the very best! You have to pick them for your next event!

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Christen R

We LOVED SSS. We were assigned DJ Mike City, who was phenomenal! Our guests had SO much fun! Split Second Sound can fit into any type of wedding; everything was so customized. We had a lot of songs we wanted to make sure were played and they got them all in! Mike was also... Read More so great about being very attentive to us (bride/groom). He kept an eye out for little cues by us and didn't miss one! He really did a fantastic job! Couldn't have asked for a better experience!!

Reviewed on 9/02/2016 Jazman L

We would like to thank the staff & DJ Mike at Split Second Sound for the all around great service! You guys were a wonderful addition to our wedding! Thanks so much!

Reviewed on 8/26/2016 Jillian G

We'll start off by saying, "Wow"! These guys are the BEST in Charlotte! From the first initial meeting with Vinny we knew he was our DJ, he wasn't a salesman or even a vendor, he made us feel like we had known him forever. Split Second Sound isn't just a DJ company, they... Read More really care and they want your wedding to be an experience and they delivered! They did everything we asked for and went over and beyond to make our day amazing! The party didn't stop and Julian was great to make sure people were on the dance floor all night! I would recommend Split Second Sound to everyone ! If you want great music and a great party, hire these guys!

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Julia J

Mike Nania was our DJ for our big day. He made everything run so smooth and seamless that I didn't have to worry about one thing. Their VIP Lounge form makes it so easy to convey your taste and wants and needs that by the time we met and then when he started DJ-ing for our... Read More reception, all the music was my style and he played nothing that I would not have approved of. He had an assistant who would come out to the dance floor to keep things going and to show people how to do any certain dance. Everything about SSS is impressive. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a DJ!!!

Vinny & Diane Esposito

Vinny and Split Second Sound, have been described as the Starbucks of the Entertainment industry, by a vendor they often work with. This vendor said, “When you go to Starbucks, you know what to expect every time - a great cup of coffee no matter what size or flavor. With Split, it does not matter if the client picks their DJ or if Vinny matches a DJ to fit the client, they know what to expect and it is always good!”

Start a Conversation!