Entertainment Hosts for Weddings & Events

Split Second Sound is the most referred DJ company from within the wedding industry professionals & past clients. Brides & Grooms of today want something new, exciting & different from the typical cookie cutter DJ. Split doesn't just provide entertainment.... we create it!

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

1230 West Morehead street, Charlotte, NC

Best DJ Company in the State!

Reviewed on 12/10/2014 Hannah D

When I first booked Split Second Sound, I was a little hesitant. When I dreamt of my wedding day, I always imagined I would have a band. After several recommendations and an initial meeting with Vinny, the founder and owner, I knew I made the right decision. Vinny and his... Read More staff are professional, fun and absolutely brilliant at what they do. He communicated with me clearly and effectively through my engagement and called me a week before the big day to confirm all the details. I had one request for Vinny... coming from a small town, I was concerned that out-of-town guests would be uncomfortable dancing. I had an image of an empty dance floor with people blankly staring at each other as club music roared in the background. I couldn't have been more wrong. Vinny kept people on their feet from start to finish, playing everything from funk to Top 40 hits! People were dancing, laughing and having an absolutely blast. One month later and people are still raving about what a party the wedding was. But what's best about Vinny and Split Second Sound is that they make the wedding day effortless. They made sure that my husband and I, along with our wedding party, knew exactly where to be and when so we didn't have to stress over details and timelines. If you're considering booking Split Second Sound, do so immediately! I guarantee you won't be disappointed. They are hands down the best DJ professionals in Charlotte, and probably the state.

Exceptional Entertainment

Reviewed on 4/04/2014 Michael S

Split Second Sound was recommended by a family friend for my daughters wedding. I must say that it was spot on a great recommendation. We met with Vinny the owner and discussed our requirements. Vinny chose Jonah to be our DJ, but Jonah was more than that, he was an... Read More entertainer and kept the party rolling all night. SSS has a very good process. They have an online form the client can utilize to document song choices, wedding party names and roles as well as phonetic spelling of the names to ensure correcct pronunciation. Jonah also met personally with the bride and groom shortly before the wedding to finalize the agenda. Jonah was the emcee for the evening and everything went like clockwork. I was told he is the most requested entertainer, and I can see why. The DJ can either make or break your event, choosing Split Second Sound will be one of the best vendor decisions you can make.

Couldn't have asked for more!

Reviewed on 3/26/2014 Nicole L

I have nothing but good things to say about working with the SSS office group and our DJ day of - Dennis. The office group was quick to respond to any questions or concerns I had. Vinny sat down with us for our introduction meeting and we felt comfortable enough to book SSS as... Read More soon as we got home. From our first face to face meeting, working with Dennis was reassuring (which is great for any bride!), professional, and fun. We couldn't have asked for more. Dennis was very thoughtful and thorough when going through our music selections and day of schedule. He was an absolute neccesity day of, reminding us of schedule and explaining things calmly on a day there is a lot going on. Beyond that, he was a fun guy with a great sense of humor. Best of all, everyone at the wedding had a blast! I would reccomend SSS to anyone.

Reviewed on 2/05/2016 Morgan S

This is the absolute BEST DJ company in the area! My husband and I could not be happier with choosing Split Second Sounds, LeVar was beyond amazing. Everyone is still raving about how great the music and atmosphere was, I owe it all to Split Second Sounds--I recommend you call... Read More them immedately for your wedding or event!

A NYE to Remember!

Reviewed on 1/26/2016 Anna H

Split Second Sound was nothing short of absolute perfection from start to finish. Joey was very easy to work with and stay in touch with leading up to our wedding. I was able to fill out a form with every little detail for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception, which was... Read More very important to me as I'm particular about my musical choices. Not only did they nail the sound and the music selections, but the party moved along at exactly the right pace. We had our wedding on New Years' Eve, so it was very important to us that once the dance floor opened, everyone was engaged and interacting - and that happened perfectly! The music was exactly right for our guests tastes and everyone was dancing straight through the midnight bell. Joey also gave the crowd regular updates (i.e. "45 minutes till the new year!") to make sure people stuck around till the end of the party. All of our guests were raving about how amazing the night was, and we owe so much of that to the incredible work of our DJs, Split Second Sound.

Reviewed on 1/07/2016 Erin Y

Wow! That's all I can say about this company. Extraordinary. My DJ was LeVar Gladden, definitely request him if he is available. LeVar knows music and he is just genuinely excited to do the receptions. He is very attentive to your needs. He walks around and makes sure... Read More every guest gets to request at least one song. He of course also lets them know if the song they choose is on your do not playlist which is great so people aren't just requesting bogus songs. He gets everyone involved. He will only play the music YOU like. So if your not feeling a song or if he thinks you will not feel a song he will come right up to you and be like, "is this ok?" Sometimes, people request songs that will kill the vibe so you can shut it down quickly and just say "no". I think it is important to have a good DJ. The DJ facilitates the reception. He does your intro, first dance, cake cutting etc. You want to make sure he has a good sound system, speaks well, and is upbeat. My advice when choosing a DJ, DO NOT CUT CORNERS!! There is a reason this is a five star rated company and they win all of these awards. I've been to too many weddings where the DJ was terrible. I am very lucky I chose them and I was able to have LeVar at my wedding. Out of all the companies I dealt with during the whole ordeal of having a wedding, this one exceeded my expectations like no other. Good luck everyone!! Congrats!!

Reviewed on 1/06/2016 Chrissy O

Amazing and fun experience with SSS!!! its a delight to have met Diane and Vinny of SSS. Diane is very thoughtful to have offered us their rooftop for our engagement session. We had DJ Jonah as our master of ceremonies during reception, and we couldn't thank him enough for the... Read More kind of professionalism he has shown, not to mention how fun the night turned out. Our guests with "seniors" were up on their feet dancing the night away. Awesome experience in all!!! For brides and grooms, and families who would want to treat the groom and bride during their wedding and receptions, Split Second Sound is the best!!! Plus, we are so happy with our monogram!!!! Our families and guests liked it so much.

Reviewed on 12/15/2015 Meghan H

I loved split second sound when I first saw them at a bridal show. But my wedding was a disaster. Partly my fault for hiring the worst wedding planner on the planet, but there were a few cringeworthy moments from our DJ as well. Ceremony was fine, cocktail hour I didn't see,... Read More dinner was weird and the dancing was choppy. Again part of this was my planner, but our DJ told me to relax and trust my vendors and it was a disaster. We had to race through dinner and once we stood up to visit our 11 tables our DJ said we needed to hurry because we were going to cut the cake. After the cake, I don't think anyone was manning the booth because the song I came down the aisle to started playing. YIKES. While dancing there were a few times I thought 'ew what is this song? Skip!!'. Awkward. Great announcing and I love the company. My experience was just a fluke.

Reviewed on 12/14/2015 Matt D

We hired Split Second Sound for our ceremony/cocktail hour and reception and while expecting we made a great decision (based on so many great reviews, our one on one meetings with SSS and the owner, Vinny) we were blown away on our wedding day. From beginning to the end, we were... Read More impressed and had all of our guests having a great time. With SSS, you get more than just music as they bring a interaction with guests that makes them feel a bigger part of the evening and helps get them on the dance floor. Vinny was awesome and took the time to get all of the smallest details down perfectly. SSS also helped us with uplighting which made our venue look even better. You get the best with SSS! Look no further.

Reviewed on 12/11/2015 rachel d

The absolute best DJ company in town and the Carolinas ROCKED my wedding! Vinny has a professionalism that is light years ahead of other DJ companies - his huge heart, years of experience and great vendor recommendations are just the best. LeVar was our DJ and Lead MC for the... Read More evening and he kept the dance floor PACKED! I couldn't have asked for a better team and they even pronounced my crazy Italian and Polish last names right! I have never been to a party like the one Split Second Sound threw for me and my guests. Thank you so much!!!!

Reviewed on 12/03/2015 Rachel W

Jonah Pearl with Split Second Sound far exceeded our expectations as the DJ for our wedding this past July. He met with my husband and I prior to our big day to talk about expectations, song choices, and the overall feel we were going for at our reception. After this... Read More meeting with Jonah, I was positive we made the right decision by choosing Split Second Sound. He came prepared with lots of questions/suggestions and a timeline for the reception. Since we decided to forgo the day-of wedding coordinator, Jonah assured us that there was no need for one as he would be assisting with this during the cocktail hour and reception. He was always several steps ahead of us and keeping us on track of our timeline and we are so thankful for that! I am 100% positive that the evening would not have gone so smoothly without the help of Jonah! Now, onto the entertainment - Jonah followed through with all of our requests, even last minute, night before the wedding father-daughter song requests. He put so much effort into making our reception a blast before and during the party and it clearly showed. So many of our guests were floored by Jonah's meticulous song-planning for our party. Some comments we received the morning after our wedding were, "Best.Reception.Ever.", "Can you get married again? We had a blast last night!", "You had the BEST DJ EVER!". The dancing is what people talked about and it's all because of Jonah! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for making our big day so memorable and fun, Jonah!

Reviewed on 11/14/2015 Danielle T

Split second sound is a solid DJ company. They provide resources to help you structure your event and ensure your planning goes smoothly. We booked Jonah and had a fantastic wedding! He is very detail oriented, provided some great advice and really cares about making the event... Read More fun. Our guests were dancing the entire night and complimented us in regards to the music selection. I picked all my vendors for the wedding based on whether they appeared trustworthy, showed care towards doing a great job, responsiveness and best value. Split second sound definitely hit all these points. Thanks!

Reviewed on 11/12/2015 Jamie S

Me and my new Husband chose Split Second Sound to be apart of our big day and we couldn't have been happier with our decision! Split Second Sound was fantastic from the moment we booked to the day of the reception. We can not say enough amazing things about them. Rasheed was our... Read More DJ and he was awesome. He was so personal and took the time because we live out of town to call us and get to know us. We went over everything from how we met, music, and details of the wedding. I had no doubt that he would do a fantastic job. I can't thank them enough for such an amazing experience on our big day. The reception was fantastic and my family and guest and most of all we had a blast! I highly recommend that you choose Split Second Sound to be a part of your big day you will not regret it!

Reviewed on 11/12/2015

You can't go wrong when you select the professionals at Split Second Sound. Vinny was given the difficult task to play only Indian/Bollywood music at our "Indian Themed Welcome Dinner" - he skillfully managed to keep the dance floor packed the entire night with his selection of... Read More sounds/mixes/and engaging DJ'ing skills. He delivered the highest level of professionalism and was extremely friendly and easy to work with. 5 Stars!

Reviewed on 11/11/2015 Bobbi L

Split Second Sound did a fantastic job for our wedding! Vinny was our DJ and he did a great job keeping the party going all night! The song choices were perfect for our crowd and our guests had a blast! Would highly recommend Split Second Sound!

Quality service

Reviewed on 11/10/2015 Felicia T

Split Second Sound is a great company. They have a particular way they go about their business and it works. Joey was our DJ and everyone loved him. He went to the tables asking what everyone would like to hear. He keep the party in order and kept everyone going till the end.... Read More There was one family traditional song we wanted that they didn't play that we were kind of disappointed with. But, they were very apologetic about it and explained what happened. Great price for what you get!

Reviewed on 11/09/2015 Betsy J

I never thought I would be a person that had so much to say about a DJ!!! When we decided to choose to have a DJ play music at our wedding I figured, we just need someone to play music so people will dance. My photographer recommended LeVar Gladden and told me that I would not... Read More be disappointed. She could not have been more right!! He was amazing, he knew exactly what songs to play and the order without us having to give any direction. I wanted everyone to be dancing and having a great time, and that was exactly what we got. I am still hearing about how great the music was and how great Levar was weeks later from guests! He was so great great to work with and took any stress related to the timeline and the music off of our plate. Everything went so smoothly thanks to LeVar! I am not a person who typically writes reviews, but you must use Split Second Sound!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Nicole L

We had an absolutely amazing experience with Split Second Sound and Mike! No one sat down the whole time - he knew exactly what to play and when to get the whole crowed dancing. He and his assistant were fantastic and I would recommend them for any event!

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Rachael P

Split Second Sound was the perfect choice for our wedding. They were very professional and easy to work with. Our DJ, Steve Bradle, made sure he knew exactly what we wanted to happen at our reception, and he talked to guests to make sure that he played music that would get... Read More everyone out of their seats and dancing. He's the best, and made our reception perfect!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Chelsea S

After having our first meeting with Split Second Sound, Levar was our go to man. His personality was exactly what we were looking for! Levar rocked the night on our wedding night and so glad that we chose Split Second Sound AND chose Levar as our DJ!

Reviewed on 10/09/2015

Split Second Sound is a very professional operation from start to finish. They meet with you to find out what you want/need, and help you choose a DJ to match your expectations. They are very responsible and helpful with coordination, and keep things running smoothly (without... Read More being over-the-top) at the reception. In our case, this was extra important since there was not much coordination at the venue. Joey did a great job keeping wedding guests involved and enjoying themselves!

Reviewed on 9/07/2015

We recently had the pleasure of having Split Second Sound provide the music for our daughters wedding at The Ballantyne. As a preferred vendor with The Ballantyne, Ashley Nguyen our Event Manager set up everything with Split Second including what music preferences we had as well... Read More as they dance music. On the day of the wedding, my wife and I simply had to show up and enjoy. Mike City was our DJ and did an awesome job handling the music used during the ceremony as well as during the reception and meal. I highly recommend Split Second as well as Mike!

Reviewed on 8/17/2015 Lindsay T

DJ's did a great job getting the crowd up and dancing and all our wedding guests had a wonderful time!

Reviewed on 7/31/2015

Split Second Sound is AMAZING - everyone we talked to was so nice and they are very easy to work with. They are so responsive and reasonably priced. They provide such a peace of mind when it comes to the music for your wedding - you don't have to worry about a thing! They reach... Read More out to you to get to know you and your finance and your taste in music and what you are looking for and they reach out the week of the wedding to make sure everyone is still on the same page - they also have back up "on call" just in case something comes up! Our DJ was Derek Andreas and he was LEGIT (so was his assistant that helped with getting everyone up on the dance floor and even taught some dance moves!!) - so nice, great ideas, everyone at our wedding had a BLAST and the dance floor was packed from the moment the music started. They are more than just a DJ - the run the whole reception for you!!! We received tons of compliments and we are so thankful for Derek and Split Second Sound!

Reviewed on 7/28/2015 Melissa S

Where do we begin? Split Second Sounds was by far the best decision (besides saying I Do!) that we made during our entire wedding planning. From the first time that we met with Vinny we knew that we wanted him to be apart of our big day. We hired Vinny for our rehersal dinner... Read More and wedding and even three months after the wedding people are still talking about how awesome Vinny and his team were. We even had a close friend of ours call her wedding planner the very next day to confirm Vinny for the April 2016 wedding. I cannot say enough about their professionalism, enthusiasm and skill! Vinny took the time to get to know my husband and I during the planning and by the rehersal dinner it was as if he knew us for years with his song selection, etc. We had a wedding coordinator but honestly, Vinny ran the show and kept everything on track. His team - Brandon and a female DJ were awesome! Brandon was even out on the dance floor getting our guests involved - singing, dancing, participating and helping our videographer get the best shots! He even stole the show with our flower girl! Vinny -- we are so thankful that we had the pleasure of woing with you and your team.. We're sad it's already over but look forward to using you for future events and seeing you at friends weddings! Thank you again for making our wedding day the best day of our lives!