Country, Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Pop, R&B, Rock, African, Arabic, Bollywood, Indian, Latin, Persian

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Planning, Audio/Visual Equipment

2220 Westinghouse Blvd, Unit 404, Charlotte, NC

Best DJ Company in the State!

Reviewed on 12/10/2014 Hannah D

When I first booked Split Second Sound, I was a little hesitant. When I dreamt of my wedding day, I always imagined I would have a band. After several recommendations and an initial meeting with Vinny, the founder and owner, I knew I made the right decision. Vinny and his... Read More staff are professional, fun and absolutely brilliant at what they do. He communicated with me clearly and effectively through my engagement and called me a week before the big day to confirm all the details. I had one request for Vinny... coming from a small town, I was concerned that out-of-town guests would be uncomfortable dancing. I had an image of an empty dance floor with people blankly staring at each other as club music roared in the background. I couldn't have been more wrong. Vinny kept people on their feet from start to finish, playing everything from funk to Top 40 hits! People were dancing, laughing and having an absolutely blast. One month later and people are still raving about what a party the wedding was. But what's best about Vinny and Split Second Sound is that they make the wedding day effortless. They made sure that my husband and I, along with our wedding party, knew exactly where to be and when so we didn't have to stress over details and timelines. If you're considering booking Split Second Sound, do so immediately! I guarantee you won't be disappointed. They are hands down the best DJ professionals in Charlotte, and probably the state.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Kristen P

When we started planning for our wedding reception, we knew that good music was a key component to having the fun family party that we envisioned.  Choosing a DJ that could get the night going and keep up the energy was important and Split Second Sound exceeded our expectations... Read More in every way. The process started with an introduction call with the company owner, Vinnie.  He walked us through the Split Second philosophy, planning process, and contracts.  After signing the contract, we had access to an online planning platform that allowed us to create a timeline for the evening and choose music that fit our vision.  We had check in calls with the team at Split Second Sound to make sure we didn't have any questions or additional needs. Payments were handled professionally and the process was very easy.  The week of our wedding, we spent time with our DJ, Jonny, who helped us finalize a timeline that would keep things moving so the evening would keep building up to a dance floor filled with friends and family. The day of the wedding, Jonny delivered.  We don't just mean played some good music, kept us on schedule...this was top-of-the-line service that went above and beyond what we imagined.  Jonny and his assistant talked with our family and friends during dinner service to get their requests.  He kept special dances, cake cutting, toasts, and other special touches on schedule so that our guests had lots of time to dance.  Once everyone was up, most people did not sit down!  The party was going so strong, that we decided to extend our contract by an extra hour, which was extremely easy to do in the moment. It has been more than a month since our wedding and our guests are still talking about that night.  "The most fun wedding we have EVER attended," "The BEST music," and "I think I am STILL recovering from dancing" are all common phrases from our family and friends.  We have Jonny and Split Second Sound to thank for this! Brides and Grooms, if you want a company that will help you create YOUR perfect evening, look no further.  Split Second Sound will deliver from the first phone call through the follow up after your big day. --Jim & Kristen, married September 17, 2016

Exceptional Entertainment

Reviewed on 4/04/2014 Michael S

Split Second Sound was recommended by a family friend for my daughters wedding. I must say that it was spot on a great recommendation. We met with Vinny the owner and discussed our requirements. Vinny chose Jonah to be our DJ, but Jonah was more than that, he was an... Read More entertainer and kept the party rolling all night. SSS has a very good process. They have an online form the client can utilize to document song choices, wedding party names and roles as well as phonetic spelling of the names to ensure correcct pronunciation. Jonah also met personally with the bride and groom shortly before the wedding to finalize the agenda. Jonah was the emcee for the evening and everything went like clockwork. I was told he is the most requested entertainer, and I can see why. The DJ can either make or break your event, choosing Split Second Sound will be one of the best vendor decisions you can make.

Reviewed on 12/02/2016 Kaleigh D

We could not have asked for a better DJ for our wedding! From the beginning when we had our consultation, we felt like this was the right choice, all questions we had about their service was answered that day. Roger was so nice and he even suggested that we meet before the... Read More wedding to ensure that he had an idea of how I wanted the day to go. We even had a phone conversation a week before the wedding to nail down the final details. Everyone danced the entire night until time to leave. I am so pleased with their service and I would recommend them to anyone getting married.

Reviewed on 12/01/2016 Lisa W

We were so happy that we picked Split Second Sound as our DJ! The DJ they picked to do our wedding was named Jonny and he was perfect. He did everything we asked for and nailed the 'vibe' we wanted perfectly. We danced all night long and his timing with the music was perfect.... Read More Even our guests told us how much they liked Jonny. We wanted a blue grass/johnny cash vibe during our cocktail hour and it was perfect. I feel like Split Second did a great job at assigning Jonny to be our DJ. We danced the night away!

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Tammy T

The Split Second Sound team is awesome! Rasheed was our DJ and he kept our guess on the dance floor! He was great to work with and took request. These guys really are the best!

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Melanie H

Roger was our DJ for our wedding back in Sepetember and did an awesome job! He provided awesome music and was so great to work with. His sound system sounded great in our venue and he also set up a mic and speaker system for our actual ceremony. Everyone could hear well and we... Read More were so happy with the way it turned out. Can't speak highly enough about Roger and Split Second!

Reviewed on 11/26/2016 Lindsay S

Our DJ, Rasheed, was not only PHENOMENAL but truly went above and beyond to make our day unforgettable!! We met face to face while we were in town the week before and got to discuss the flow and timeline, he made us a mix of our recession songs for the rehearsal and was... Read More constantly reachable for any last minute questions. On the day of he was truly self-sufficient...didn't require anything from us to set up and get the party started. I cannot tell you how good of a job keeping the party going Rasheed did. The dance floor was packed the entire night, we have epic pictures of Rasheed dancing with my grandmother and all of our guests! It was truly a once and a lifetime experience. The DJ / music in general, can make or break your event and Rasheed made our entire night!!! Thank you for the amazing memories...they'll last a lifetime!

Reviewed on 11/19/2016 Marti H

When my husband I started planning our 10/22/2016 wedding I asked around my office for recommendations for a DJ. I asked 10 people and got 10 responses of "Split Second Sound - you will not regret it!" And I am here to tell you that I did not regret it. Anthony and Mahlon... Read More knocked it out of the ballpark. Everyone is still talking about the music at our wedding. Anthony listened to all of the ideas and thoughts that we had and ran with it. From walking down the aisle to "Concerning Hobbits" to "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" at the end of the night. It was musically perfect. It was as if we were running the music ourselves. The guy also stepped in when we had a small emergency and really held the event and timeline together. Just WOW! Thank you Split Second Sound, Anthony, and Mahlon...you made our day so fantastic. Marti and BJ Hinson #hinsoneverafter

Reviewed on 11/19/2016 Jessica G

Split Second Sound all the way!! There is no question when looking for a DJ or MC YOU HAVE TO go with this company. My wedding planner and venue coordinator HIGHLY recommended them from the beginning. You won't read one bad review on this company! When I went to meet with them... Read More they made you feel comfortable and showed you how much experience they had. These guys are PROFESSIONALS- they know how to start and keep a party going. We had Mike as our DJ/MC and he was AMAZING. We were in a venue where there was a separate rooms for dinner and dancing and he kept the night flowing and directed the people with ease. He listened to what music we liked and didn't like and kept a full dance floor the entire night!! My photographer said she has never seen anything like what he did! I attended another Split Second Sound wedding this year and it was THE EXACT SAME WAY. Full dance floor- the entire night! Trust me. This company is the easiest decision you'll make wedding planning.

Reviewed on 11/11/2016 Janessa J

Paul did such an amazing job at our wedding! He made it such a wonderful atmosphere and people raved about the music over and over - it just couldn't have been any better. He catered to our every request, even those of our guests, and worked so hard to do a great job. He kept... Read More the crowd dancing and the energy going all night long and we are so very grateful for his help in creating the night of our dreams. We honestly couldn't have asked for a more perfect DJ! Definitely recommend Paul & Split Second Sound!

Reviewed on 11/11/2016 Amrita D

When I hired Split Second Sound for my 300+ Indian wedding, I knew I was in good hands. They knew exactly what to play and had all of the Indian music we had requested ready to go for a fun night of dancing. There was never a dull moment, and Joey Verde made my wedding the... Read More perfect night. The details that were included were awesome, and they really make you feel at ease and that they know what they are doing-that's not always the case with DJs, especially some Indian ones. I may not have been the easiest bride to deal with during the reception, as people kept telling me to tell the DJ to put something else on or play that song again, but Joey took it all in stride because he wants you to have a great time at your wedding, and he succeeded. They did an amazing job, and I would recommend them to anyone that's getting married, or just wants to have a great dance party. Thanks Joey and Split Second Sound!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Stephanie W

Split second sound is a class act! Perfect vendor, phenominal matching process with DJ's and wedding needs for sound. Rasheed was our dj and he was so amazing! We have had numerous compliments on the music!!! Everyone knows the music will make or break an event and he had... Read More everyone on the dance floor! The vibe throughout the evening was amazing!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Kendra C

We could not have asked for a better DJ for our wedding! The music was one of the most important things to us as we wanted our guests to have fun and stay out on the dance floor. LeVar was AMAZING. He spoke with my husband and I before our wedding to get an idea of what kind... Read More of music we like and our personalities and tailored the music list to our style. We were having so much fun that we bypassed the bubble exit we had planned so we could have 15 extra minutes to dance! Would 100% recommend! Ask for LeVar!

Reviewed on 11/05/2016 Pietrina B

If I can give 100 stars I would! We went with Split Second Siund for our wedding on Oct. 1, 2016 and we are so happy we did! Joey (our Dj) was amazing! He did an amazing job keeping the party going and merging two cultures (Italian and American)! He is professional and does a... Read More great job! We had so much fun! Also! SSS was affordable and their online form made it so easy to stay organized! I promise you will not be disappointed if you went with them! They definitely exceeded our expectations!!

Reviewed on 11/05/2016 Angela S

My husband and I cannot say enough good things about Split Second Sound. Jonah was our DJ and he truly made the night so awesome! Even our guests were talking about how wonderful he was. Without a doubt I would recommend this company to anyone in need of a DJ.

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 JoBeth E

Our reception was a blast thanks to Jonny with Split Second. He kept the flow of the reception moving and always entertaining. It never felt forced or untimely. The dance floor was full all night long!! Our wedding guests loved that he came to each table to find out what they... Read More wanted to hear. Split Second is a great company and making our decision was so easy after meeting with them. They plan for every little detail and have made an art form of creating a seamless and fun reception. I highly recommend using this company!!!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Alyssa M

We had DJ Jonathan for our wedding. He did a great job reading the crowd and playing music to get people up and dancing. He was very helpful before the wedding with finding the songs to use for our reception entrance and ceremony songs. My husband was a little upset that he... Read More used the wrong name to introduce him, but other than that they did a great job!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Christine C

Split second Sound went beyond your average DJ. They are an entertainment company. From customizing your playlist, to assuring your schedule is flowing, and getting your guests up and having a good time! They have a large team of experienced staff to choose from and their prices... Read More are reasonable. We paid extra to get a veteran and I believe it was worth is. We had Jonah and Corey and I thank them for a unforgettable evening. If I had more than one wedding in a lifetime, they'd be my go to company!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Michelle M

Our 10/8/16 with Vinny & Julian was the ABSOLUTE BEST! Vinny quickly felt like family to my fiance and I, and was up to working with us on a special audio segment for our entrance. Before the night was over we already had people telling us it was THE BEST wedding they had ever... Read More been to. There were people packed on the dance floor all night long, even with people we never usually see dancing! Vinny kept the party alive with perfect music selections, while Julian hyped up our crowd even more than they already were. We had to operate on our backup plan due to Hurricane Matthew, changing our reception location - but Vinny & Julian made this transition flawlessly, many people not even knowing we were using our Plan B. Booking Vinny was the best decision we made for our wedding, and we are so happy to have a vendor that has turned friend. His patience, professionalism, and attention to detail is impeccable and will recommend Vinny & SSS to anyone getting married or hosting an event. Thank you Vinny, Julian & everyone else at SSS - you guys are simply the best.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Heather R

When it came to selecting my wedding vendors, there was no question who I would be booking with for DJ services! Split Second Sound has a stellar reputation and came highly recommended by several of my friends who have booked them in the past. We were NOT disappointed! After... Read More contacting SSS, we met in-office for a presentation of the various services they offer. We opted for a package that included a DJ, DJ assistant, cocktail & reception music, as well as uplights. Once the contract was drafted, signed, and the deposit paid, my husband and I were provided access to an online portal where we could customize the details for our big day. I loved that we were able to log in any time, any where to add songs to our playlist as soon as they popped into our head! After getting set up with the online portal, we were matched with DJ Jonah and Assistant Tony. Jonah then contacted us to schedule an in-person meeting to discuss our vision for the big day. At the meeting, we reviewed the information from the online portal and discussed additional details we overlooked or were struggling with. Jonah was very thorough in going over the timeline to ensure we were on the same page as our vendors and event coordinator. The week of the wedding, Jonah was very attentive to my last-minute questions and tweaks to the timeline. He was able to custom mix a song for our introduction, as well as color match the uplights to a photo I provided! When the day of the wedding arrived, DJ Jonah and Assistant Tony arrived early and greeted us warmly. I was a bit stressed that day, as most brides are, but they instantly put me at ease and reassured me of the wonderful night they had planned for us. Once the reception began, Jonah's professionalism as an event host shined as he smoothly guided the course of events. He and Tony even went around to the guest tables during dinner to take song requests! I thought that was a wonderful, personal touch. Tony proved to be an excellent party motivator by leading the crowd in a line dance to break the ice. Once the party was rolling, Jonah was able to read the crowd and control the energy so that the entire night flowed perfectly! Guests of all ages were thoroughly entertained and enjoyed themselves immensely. My husband and I received so many compliments about how memorable our reception was thanks to Split Second Sound. I couldn't thank Jonah and Tony enough -- it truly was the best night ever!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Tara B

What can I say but Vinny is the MAN!!! He took control and made sure everything went very smoothly. Weeks before the wedding he gave us his honest opinions and he was right. I will only recommend Split Second Sound for anyones wedding.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Brigid L

LeVar with SSS was the most amazing DJ! EVERYONE was dancing all night, which was exactly what we wanted. We had a wide range of guests (age, music taste) and he was able to keep the party going. Everyone said what a great time they had dancing the night away at our wedding!!... Read More Thank you Split Second Sound!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Victoria C

Phenomenal! Anthony was our DJ for our wedding and he was fantastic! He was so personable with all of our guests and even got out on the dance floor and danced a few songs with us. Awesome music, kept the crowd going! Best DJ in the Carolinas, by far! Thank you for making our... Read More day awesome!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Olivia P

My husband and I are so glad we went with Split Second Sound. We had DJ Jonny and his assistant to MC and DJ. My family is conservative and not the dancing type, they were able to make my family dance! One of my friends said it was the best reception they had ever been too and I... Read More don't think it would have been if it wasn't for Split Second. They really hyped up the crowd and had great intuition for the audience's mood. Split Second also has a online platform to help with the reception flow and help you prepare in advance with song choices, etc. and misc. details you wouldn't think about. We are so glad we went with them for our August wedding in Charlotte!

Vinny & Diane Esposito

Vinny and Split Second Sound, have been described as the Starbucks of the Entertainment industry, by a vendor they often work with. This vendor said, “When you go to Starbucks, you know what to expect every time - a great cup of coffee no matter what size or flavor. With Split, it does not matter if the client picks their DJ or if Vinny matches a DJ to fit the client, they know what to expect and it is always good!”

Start a Conversation!