Entertainment Hosts for Weddings & Events

Split Second Sound is the most referred DJ company in the Carolinas from within the wedding industry professionals & past clients. SSS prides itself on having exclusive DJs, some with us 10 to 15 years, not hiring friends and outside DJs to cover extra bookings. Notice how many different DJs are in all the reviews! It's that brand consistency that gives couples peace of mind, knowing what to expect at their wedding. In fact, SSS has DJs that speak several languages and has more experience in all so many cultures then any other company around. Brides & Grooms of today want something new, exciting & different from the typical cookie cutter DJ. Find out why SSS will entertain at over 500 weddings in 2016. Split Second Sound doesn't just provide entertainment.... we create it

Country, Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Pop, R&B, Rock, African, Arabic, Bollywood, Indian, Latin, Persian

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Planning, Audio/Visual Equipment

2220 Westinghouse Blvd, Unti 404, Charlotte, NC

Best DJ Company in the State!

Reviewed on 12/10/2014 Hannah D

When I first booked Split Second Sound, I was a little hesitant. When I dreamt of my wedding day, I always imagined I would have a band. After several recommendations and an initial meeting with Vinny, the founder and owner, I knew I made the right decision. Vinny and his... Read More staff are professional, fun and absolutely brilliant at what they do. He communicated with me clearly and effectively through my engagement and called me a week before the big day to confirm all the details. I had one request for Vinny... coming from a small town, I was concerned that out-of-town guests would be uncomfortable dancing. I had an image of an empty dance floor with people blankly staring at each other as club music roared in the background. I couldn't have been more wrong. Vinny kept people on their feet from start to finish, playing everything from funk to Top 40 hits! People were dancing, laughing and having an absolutely blast. One month later and people are still raving about what a party the wedding was. But what's best about Vinny and Split Second Sound is that they make the wedding day effortless. They made sure that my husband and I, along with our wedding party, knew exactly where to be and when so we didn't have to stress over details and timelines. If you're considering booking Split Second Sound, do so immediately! I guarantee you won't be disappointed. They are hands down the best DJ professionals in Charlotte, and probably the state.

Exceptional Entertainment

Reviewed on 4/04/2014 Michael S

Split Second Sound was recommended by a family friend for my daughters wedding. I must say that it was spot on a great recommendation. We met with Vinny the owner and discussed our requirements. Vinny chose Jonah to be our DJ, but Jonah was more than that, he was an... Read More entertainer and kept the party rolling all night. SSS has a very good process. They have an online form the client can utilize to document song choices, wedding party names and roles as well as phonetic spelling of the names to ensure correcct pronunciation. Jonah also met personally with the bride and groom shortly before the wedding to finalize the agenda. Jonah was the emcee for the evening and everything went like clockwork. I was told he is the most requested entertainer, and I can see why. The DJ can either make or break your event, choosing Split Second Sound will be one of the best vendor decisions you can make.

Couldn't have asked for more!

Reviewed on 3/26/2014 Nicole L

I have nothing but good things to say about working with the SSS office group and our DJ day of - Dennis. The office group was quick to respond to any questions or concerns I had. Vinny sat down with us for our introduction meeting and we felt comfortable enough to book SSS as... Read More soon as we got home. From our first face to face meeting, working with Dennis was reassuring (which is great for any bride!), professional, and fun. We couldn't have asked for more. Dennis was very thoughtful and thorough when going through our music selections and day of schedule. He was an absolute neccesity day of, reminding us of schedule and explaining things calmly on a day there is a lot going on. Beyond that, he was a fun guy with a great sense of humor. Best of all, everyone at the wedding had a blast! I would reccomend SSS to anyone.

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Julia J

Mike Nania was our DJ for our big day. He made everything run so smooth and seamless that I didn't have to worry about one thing. Their VIP Lounge form makes it so easy to convey your taste and wants and needs that by the time we met and then when he started DJ-ing for our... Read More reception, all the music was my style and he played nothing that I would not have approved of. He had an assistant who would come out to the dance floor to keep things going and to show people how to do any certain dance. Everything about SSS is impressive. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a DJ!!!

Reviewed on 7/27/2016 Randall E

I recently was married on July 9, 2016 and Split Second Sound did not disappoint. Our head DJ was Derek and he did everything we asked and more. My husband and I both really wanted an awesome intro and Derek was so excited for it. My husband really wanted a basketball themed... Read More entrance and Derek made it perfect. Everyone was saying it was the best intro they have ever seen at a wedding and we could not have managed that without Derek. The rest of the night was just as amazing. Derek played everything we asked him to play and kept the party going all night. Everyone had a great time. I would highly recommend Split Second Sound if you are looking for the perfect DJ.

Reviewed on 7/24/2016 Brittney M

Our dance floor was NEVER empty and in fact, we needed a bigger dance floor thanks to Levar! He even rapped part of Welcome to Atlanta, our entrance song, at our request and our guests loved it! I would highly recommend Split Second Sound and their best DJ has to be Levar!... Read More Their pricing is reasonable, and they gave us discounts on lighting. The staff was responsive and helpful, and Levar met with us in advance to make sure he understood what details were important and what kind of music we love. He checked in with us at times throughout the night as well. I can't say enough good things!

Reviewed on 7/24/2016 Natalie T

Words cannot adequately do justice to what an incredible show that Split Second Sound put on at our wedding. Our DJ, Jonah Pearl, was absolutely remarkable in every sense of the word and we are tremendously grateful for his role in making it the very best day of our lives. From... Read More our very first meeting with Jonah until the very last song was played at the reception, we were treated like royalty. Jonah played the perfect songs at the perfect moments and kept the dance floor jampacked all night long just like we had hoped. Many of our friends and family have told us in the 3 weeks since the wedding that it was the best reception that they had ever been to and that the DJ was the best that they had ever seen. Split Second Sound, and Jonah Pearl in particular, are an absolute must-have for the perfect wedding day. We are beyond grateful for the wonderful job that they did for us and I would recommend Split Second Sound 10 out of 10 times to anyone and everyone.

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Sara R

Derek you were a GREAT addition to our wedding. You listened to what we wanted from exact requests to playing songs off the cuff that really fit our general music style. Your energy was amazing and you did so well keeping the timeline in order, as a matter of fact, you were... Read More like a hybrid of awesome DJ and day of planner! Thank you so much, I wouldn't change a thing! And thanks for letting me use you as an excuse to get a few minutes to myself :)

Reviewed on 7/11/2016 Hannah C

The team at Split Second Sound and my lead DJ Joey Verde were absolutely amazing! I requested to meet with Joey about two months before our wedding and he helped me plan the reception down to every minute! He also recommended songs for each of the events I was indecisive about... Read More and his choices were perfect! I had countless people come up to me at the wedding and after telling me it was the best wedding they had ever been to and they all credited how great a job Joey did! Once the dance party started, Joey kept the entire group of 170 people on the dance floor the entire night! I wish I could live this weekend over and over, and I would have SSS there every time!

Reviewed on 7/10/2016 Lucia L

Our DJ from Split Second Sound, Jonah Pearl, was outstanding. He truly made our special day memorable from the start to the finish. We were lucky enough to have Jonah serve as the DJ for my sister's wedding 4 years prior and for our wedding in June. He made such a connection... Read More with our families and friends that we felt as though he was truly celebrating us! During the planning process, he made time to meet with us and get to know us as a couple and as individuals. It was clear from the outset that Jonah wanted to make our day unbelievably special... and he did! He was vigilant at emailing back and forth with requests and answering questions. As if we weren't already in love with him, he won us over again at the reception. He made the night fun, relaxing and overall amazing. Our guests commented on Jonah's natural ability to keep the party moving and keep guests attention and dance moves! Sean and I felt loved throughout the whole evening thanks to Jonah! Our friends said that they had never been to a better wedding and we owe A TON of that praise to Jonah and Split Second Sound. To top things off, Jonah sent an extremely personal email about a week following "The Best Day Ever" to check up on us and wish us the best. The email was not scripted and even followed through the entire evening with specifics and names. Split Second Sound was truly a huge part of making our day "the best". Thank you Jonah!!!

Reviewed on 7/10/2016 Sarah H

Brad and I have been to MANY weddings and from these experiences, we know that the music can make or break the big day. It only took one meeting with Split Second Sound to know that we had our perfect DJ! We felt like "one of the family" and knew that Split Second would be part... Read More of the team in creating our dream evening. Throughout the planning process, Split Second Sound was great! The use of a virtual planning portal was excellent and allowed us to make changes just a few days out from wedding day. We were also able to add lighting to our ceremony and reception space through Split Second, which included a custom light monogram for the dance floor. Brad and I were very impressed with the selection of DJs we had to choose from and were beyond excited to book LaVar! At our meetings for the wedding, LaVar put into plan our ideas and then took them to the next level. His timing with music during our ceremony was perfection and he led our guests into a fun filled night of dancing through his amazing personality and becoming the true Master of Ceremonies. LaVar had every single guest on the dance floor singing along to great music as we partied the night away! I have to say seeing my grandmother on the dance floor with Brad's fraternity brothers is just one highlight from the evening! I can not say enough wonderful things about our DJ and am so thankful for the experience Split Second Sound provided for our guests! We are still hearing rave reviews from family and friends! Thank you to LaVar for making our wedding come to life!

Reviewed on 7/07/2016 Amber L

The best thing about my wedding day has to be the DJ! Jonny went all out to ensure that my reception went smoothly as possible. He made sure that everyone, I mean EVERYONE got on the dance floor! I was shocked to see people who never danced before, busting moves on the dance... Read More floor! I loved how Jonny made notes of what we like and that was a lot of line dancing. He and his assistant got on the dance floor and showed us the dance moves! I could not have asked for better! Every bride and groom's worst fear is that the DJ will not follow their playlist and screw up the whole vibe of the reception. Not this DJ company!! They are thorough and dependable!! I would 100% recommend split second sound!! Thank you so much for a memorable night! It was a dream come true!!

Reviewed on 7/02/2016

Great value, very professional and DJ Mike was excellent on the wedding night. He kept everyone on the dance floor (young and old) all night long. The great songs just kept coming!!!

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Kathy T

I cannot say enough about Vinny and Split Second Sound. Vinny was the DJ for the weddings for both of my girls. He was outstanding as a DJ but also wonderful to work with. He met with the couples and even though their weddings were totally different he was perfect in both... Read More events. He is such a nice person too! We would highly recommend Vinny and Split Second Sound.

Reviewed on 6/27/2016 Amy B

Split Second Sound was a great choice for the DJ for our band! They worked with us to make sure that we got the exact right package and everything that we needed to make the music great. They worked with the other vendors that we used to make sure that our wedding went smoothly,... Read More and we had nothing to worry about on our big day! Thanks to everyone at Split Second for making our wedding so great!

Reviewed on 6/26/2016 Kate W

I think that the DJ and MC are one of the most important things in a wedding. They keep the flow of everything and make sure everyone is having fun. Neil (DJ) and Fly Ty (MC) were the best! I work for a catering company and have never seen better (and I work a wedding almost... Read More every weekend). They kept everyone dancing and had people dancing that I didn't think would dance. I would recommend Split Second Sound to anyone!!! I love how they never made me create a playlist, but played ALL the right songs for us!

Reviewed on 6/20/2016 Brittany S

Split Second Sound came highly recommended from our venue. We looked at multiple options before choosing Split Second Sound, and we did not choose wrong. Derek was our DJ and he was wonderful! He personally called me multiple times to ensure our day would be everything we had... Read More dreamed it would be. One of the reasons we chose Split Second Sound was because they did not push any additional up-charges. The other DJ companies we looked at seemed to want us to add many things we were not interested in. The people from Split Second Sound responded quickly to my requests and helped me put together a package of everything I had wanted. They were wonderful to work with and I would recommend them to anyone in the Charlotte, NC area looking for a DJ! Thank you Derek and the team from Split Second Sound for helping make my day everything I dreamed it would be!

Reviewed on 6/17/2016 Hiba E

Split Second Sound is by far the BEST entertainment company in the state. DJ Vinny is absolutely phenomenal and helped make our wedding so enjoyable for all our guests. Even though we had guests from many different cultural backgrounds, Vinny kept the dance-floor packed all... Read More night long! Everyone at this company is extremely professional and helpful and the services they provide are exceptional. I simply can't say enough about how amazing this company is!"

Reviewed on 6/14/2016 Nicole L

For anyone that wants their wedding DJ to be interactive, crowd-pleasing, and have everyone out on the dance floor from start to finish - Jonah is your guy. We couldn't be more satisfied with the whole Split Second Sound experience. Jonah set up a meeting to go over all of the... Read More logistics of the wedding and was incredibly helpful with all of his suggestions for the ceremony music, cocktail hour, wedding party introductions, and really killed it with his mix at the reception. During dinner, he walked over to each table and introduced himself and asked what kind of music everyone likes and if they had any requests. People went out of their way the next day to tell us how awesome our DJ was. Our reception was exactly how we pictured it, and we have Jonah to thank for that!

Reviewed on 6/14/2016 Alexa R

From the beginning, Split Second Sound was organized and professional. They took the time to understand what we really wanted out of our reception and were able to tailor the music and their roles as DJs/MCs to accommodate us and a large wedding. Steve and his assistant did an... Read More excellent job --and they had quite a job to do. They were the music for our ceremony and provided mics for the pastor. They transitioned flawlessly into the cocktail hour and then to the reception. They served as professional, but fun, MCs as they lead us through each part of the reception. Everything went perfectly which allowed us (the bride and groom) to not worry about anything and just enjoy our own wedding. We have absolutely no complaints. Steve and Split Second Sound were the best choice we could have made for our wedding.

Reviewed on 6/13/2016 Lorin B

Split Second Sound is hands-down the best and go-to DJ in the Charlotte area for weddings (and I've been to a lot!). For my own wedding, they were so easy, pleasant, and professional to work with - from our first meeting where they really try to get a sense of the atmosphere... Read More you're looking to create to the pricing and packages (lots of great, affordable options) to pairing us with the perfect DJ to our pre-wedding meeting with our personal DJ to the big day. Our DJ was Jonah and I cannot say enough about how professional, fun, and nice he was and how personal he made our experience. He involved the guests in song selection in a discreet, non-annoying way (e.g. no announcing that he's taking requests) and had the ENTIRE room on the dance floor for the majority of the reception. I've recommended SSS and Jonah to every friend getting married in the Charlotte area and several who attended our wedding proactively asked for our DJ information.

Reviewed on 6/13/2016 Lindsey B

Split Second Sound hosted our wedding on May 21st, 2016 and they were awesome. Dennis our DJ was very organized and helpful for planning before the wedding. I didn't have anything to worry about and I appreciated that. The music was FANTASTIC and everyone had a GREAT time!

Reviewed on 6/09/2016 Kathryn T

There are not enough words to describe the amazing experience we had with Jonah through Split Second Sound. From the moment we went to meet them, we were warmly welcomed and clearly explained what made Split Second stand out from other DJs. We felt extremely secure that they... Read More wanted us to have our dream wedding as much as we did. They even opened their uptown building up to us again for our engagement pictures! We were thrilled to book Jonah after hearing he was the best by everyone we spoke to. He certainly did not disappoint! Jonah immediately contacted us to ensure we understood how to fill out the form that included our likes and dislikes of music. When it came closer to the big day, he made sure to touch base before meeting with us in person to finalize all the details. Jonah’s expansive knowledge of music made it easy for us because he knew of everything and could easily make suggestions that fell in line with our personality. On our wedding day, Jonah was exactly what you would hope for in a DJ. He interacted with guests asking for their recommendations and got the party started very quickly. Everyone was thrilled when they heard the song they had requested. Friends and family were on the dance floor until the very last moment! Since our wedding day we have heard from countless guests how much they enjoyed Jonah and how amazed they were at his DJing abilities! My husband and I would highly recommend Split Second Sound!

Reviewed on 6/08/2016 Laura D

Split second sound recently provided the entertainment for our wedding and they were perfect. From start to finish they were nothing but professional. Vinny provided us with an amazing DJ named Chad. He set up the lights perfectly around the country club and kept everyone... Read More dancing the whole night! I would definitely recommend split second sound to anyone looking for entertainment for their upcoming wedding!

Reviewed on 6/08/2016 Emily B

I was so thrilled to have partnered with Split Second Sound for our big wedding day! Vinny made sure to have every detail in advance so we didn't have to stress about anything on the big day. He knew just how to get the crowd going and keep it there all night long! Our guests... Read More have been raving about it ever since. Many have said it is the most fun they have ever had at a wedding! For my husband and I that was so important and really helped to make our day flawless! I highly recommend to any bride and groom to use Split Second Sound!

Vinny & Diane Esposito

Vinny Esposito, co-founder of Split Second Sound, has been providing music and entertainment as a professional DJ/MC and musician for over 30 years. Performing for the first time at a July 4th party on Long Island in 1982, Vinny worked hard to build his brand. Along with being a DJ, Vinny played guitar in regional bands, specifically “Diana” which was fronted by Diane, they owned a 24 track digital recording and rehearsal studio called Split Decision Studios and a mobile sound company. Vinny and his wife Diane moved to Charlotte in 1999 and quickly established their company as the premier DJ