Entertainment Hosts for Weddings & Events

Split Second Sound is the most referred DJ Company in the Carolinas from wedding industry professionals and past clients. We are not your typical “cookie cutter” DJ. With over 30 years experience in the industry, we have DJ’s on staff that are fluent in several languages, have experience with a variety of cultures, and years of experience. DJ’s can make or break your wedding; SSS provides the perfect match of entertainment and professionalism. Before you invite us to your special day, we invite you to our office to see first hand our process, experience past weddings, and meet the crew. We are also available by phone or Skype to show you how and why SSS breaks records each year. We would love to bring your wedding vision to life while providing the best quality service! - Vinny and Diane

African, Arabic, Bollywood, Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Indian, Latin, Persian, Pop, R&B, Rock

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Planning, Audio/Visual Equipment

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100
824ddd67 fb0e 4a26 92a4 d4996b0d2b23~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100
D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100
7504f472 fbdf 4115 a317 0a8fdec1b4a5~rs 100

220 Westinghouse Blvd, Unit 404, Charlotte, NC Charlotte & surrounding area, Asheville (704) 907-9507

Best DJ Company in the State!

Reviewed on 12/10/2014 Hannah D

When I first booked Split Second Sound, I was a little hesitant. When I dreamt of my wedding day, I always imagined I would have a band. After several recommendations and an initial meeting with Vinny, the founder and owner, I knew I made the right decision. Vinny and his... Read More staff are professional, fun and absolutely brilliant at what they do. He communicated with me clearly and effectively through my engagement and called me a week before the big day to confirm all the details. I had one request for Vinny... coming from a small town, I was concerned that out-of-town guests would be uncomfortable dancing. I had an image of an empty dance floor with people blankly staring at each other as club music roared in the background. I couldn't have been more wrong. Vinny kept people on their feet from start to finish, playing everything from funk to Top 40 hits! People were dancing, laughing and having an absolutely blast. One month later and people are still raving about what a party the wedding was. But what's best about Vinny and Split Second Sound is that they make the wedding day effortless. They made sure that my husband and I, along with our wedding party, knew exactly where to be and when so we didn't have to stress over details and timelines. If you're considering booking Split Second Sound, do so immediately! I guarantee you won't be disappointed. They are hands down the best DJ professionals in Charlotte, and probably the state.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Kristen P

When we started planning for our wedding reception, we knew that good music was a key component to having the fun family party that we envisioned.  Choosing a DJ that could get the night going and keep up the energy was important and Split Second Sound exceeded our expectations... Read More in every way. The process started with an introduction call with the company owner, Vinnie.  He walked us through the Split Second philosophy, planning process, and contracts.  After signing the contract, we had access to an online planning platform that allowed us to create a timeline for the evening and choose music that fit our vision.  We had check in calls with the team at Split Second Sound to make sure we didn't have any questions or additional needs. Payments were handled professionally and the process was very easy.  The week of our wedding, we spent time with our DJ, Jonny, who helped us finalize a timeline that would keep things moving so the evening would keep building up to a dance floor filled with friends and family. The day of the wedding, Jonny delivered.  We don't just mean played some good music, kept us on schedule...this was top-of-the-line service that went above and beyond what we imagined.  Jonny and his assistant talked with our family and friends during dinner service to get their requests.  He kept special dances, cake cutting, toasts, and other special touches on schedule so that our guests had lots of time to dance.  Once everyone was up, most people did not sit down!  The party was going so strong, that we decided to extend our contract by an extra hour, which was extremely easy to do in the moment. It has been more than a month since our wedding and our guests are still talking about that night.  "The most fun wedding we have EVER attended," "The BEST music," and "I think I am STILL recovering from dancing" are all common phrases from our family and friends.  We have Jonny and Split Second Sound to thank for this! Brides and Grooms, if you want a company that will help you create YOUR perfect evening, look no further.  Split Second Sound will deliver from the first phone call through the follow up after your big day. --Jim & Kristen, married September 17, 2016

Exceptional Entertainment

Reviewed on 4/04/2014 Michael S

Split Second Sound was recommended by a family friend for my daughters wedding. I must say that it was spot on a great recommendation. We met with Vinny the owner and discussed our requirements. Vinny chose Jonah to be our DJ, but Jonah was more than that, he was an... Read More entertainer and kept the party rolling all night. SSS has a very good process. They have an online form the client can utilize to document song choices, wedding party names and roles as well as phonetic spelling of the names to ensure correcct pronunciation. Jonah also met personally with the bride and groom shortly before the wedding to finalize the agenda. Jonah was the emcee for the evening and everything went like clockwork. I was told he is the most requested entertainer, and I can see why. The DJ can either make or break your event, choosing Split Second Sound will be one of the best vendor decisions you can make.

Reviewed on 3/15/2018 Matt Y

I couldn't be more excited about how great everything has been with Split Second Sound! Admittedly, I was discouraged by the wedding DJ prospects in the Charlotte area and specifically looking for a non-wedding DJ, then I heard about SSS. From the initial meeting with Vinny and... Read More being able to talk tech with him (I'm a sound engineer myself) to the last song of the night at our wedding reception with Jonah as our DJ, EVERYTHING went smoothly. These guys really know what they are doing and have created all the tools they need to be successful. Their client management & organization are unparalleled and really put my wife at ease. They even have a back-up plan in place should anything go wrong on the day of your event. The most important things for us were creating a memorable night with great sounding music. Jonah took the time to actually get to know our personalities well before the wedding and during our event what our families and friends liked so he could craft a playlist that got everybody involved. He and SSS completely changed the game for me. They are professional, organized, helpful, zero stress, and exactly who you want creating entertainment at your event. Split Second Sound is the best DJ service you will find, no contest!

Reviewed on 2/11/2018 Amy D

We are so glad we chose Split Second Sound for our big day. Joey and Andrew did such a great job - our dance floor was PACKED from the second dinner ended until the end of the night! Andrew even met with us beforehand and did a wonderful job listening to our music preferences... Read More and understanding what type of atmosphere we wanted to create.

Reviewed on 2/11/2018 Jason N

Vinny Esposito and his team were absolutely essential to our amazing wedding reception in July. With very little direction from my wife and I, Vinny created a killer multicultural mix and kept the party going to the end. We will especially appreciative when Vinny and his team... Read More recovered quickly and seamlessly after a rain storm below over their equipment. They can handle anything! We would recommend Vinny and Split Second Sound to anyone for any event or gathering!

Reviewed on 1/25/2018 Stephanie E

We used Chad C as our wedding DJ and he was awesome!! He was able to help with time management, and kept everyone dancing and having fun while still including requests from guests! He even got on the dance floor to show people line dance moves! He was a blast and I would... Read More definitely recommend him!

Reviewed on 1/11/2018 Marissa D

I seriously believe I chose the best DJ vendor possible for my wedding. Split second sound was recommended by a friend who also had nothing but amazing things to say about how this DJ truly made her wedding perfect. From the second I walked into split second sound where they had... Read More “welcome Marissa and hunter” written on a chalkboard, I knew this company was the one for me. They personalized everything I ever dreamed of from my wedding song to the last dance, and our DJ, Chris, truly made our day perfect. 10/10 recommend

Reviewed on 1/11/2018 Beth S

We booked Jonah from Split Second Sound for our wedding in December. We had a relatively small wedding (~80 people) and we were a little nervous about if people would actually dance at the reception. Jonah was a such a rock star that our dance floor was packed all night. He... Read More introduced himself to all of our guests and got their requests before dancing even began so they were all so excited to hear "their song" played. The night flowed so well with Jonah's help and he was such helped us with great ideas and advice to keep folks engaged all night. We were nervous that a DJ might be cheesy or not our style, but Jonah was one of the best parts of our wedding reception. Our guests raved about how awesome he was. We got to meet Jonah before the wedding to chat through our ideas and music style. He was able to get the vibe we wanted and make sure everyone had fun throughout the evening. I would HIGHLY recommend Split Second Sound and in particular Jonah for your wedding! He is so awesome and such a nice guy!

Reviewed on 1/10/2018 Lauren S

DJ Derek & Zachary did such a great job that I didn't want the reception to end. As the bride, I was seriously so flabbergasted and floored how they got not only the entire wedding party and family dancing, but the entire audience too! Not even grandma was sitting! To put it... Read More into perspective, I stepped off the dance floor for a short minute just to watch and take all the amazement in. I worked primarily with DJ Derek and I was that bride that procrastinated until just a few days before the wedding. He was so helpful on several occasions because not only did I have no idea what I was doing, but I was so stressed that I didn't want to plan my wedding anymore. When it came to picking out songs, I became so indecisive and Derek was so patient with me and just literally walked me through it like it was nothing. Our family and friends were still talking about the wedding weeks later and the one thing everybody mentioned was how wonderful and interactive the band was-worth every penny!!! Thank you so much Derek & Zachary!

Reviewed on 1/08/2018 Tiffany L

Split Second Sound has been a part of our family since 2014, providing their services for two of my cousin’s weddings. Therefore, when it became my turn, choosing SSS was the easiest vendor choice of all! From our very first meeting with SSS, we were hooked and highly impressed... Read More with their professionalism, energy, and skills. Derek Andreas was hands down the absolute best fit for our special day! He was super easy to communicate with throughout the entire process…always just a phone call or text away when needing to exchange new ideas. We had several unique requests to which Derek put his expertise into and made them happen with ease! His attention to detail was phenomenal when matching the uplighting to our wedding color…and sending me multiple photos along the way until he got it just right. Furthermore, he definitely brought the hype when introducing our wedding party to a custom instrumental mix song! The custom timeline we created with Derek made the entire evening stay organized and run smoothly. We received (and still do receive) many compliments about Derek, his party motivator, and everything Split Second Sound had to offer. Numerous guests expressed that our wedding was “the most fun they’ve ever had at a wedding” and that the “custom monogram and uplighting truly transformed the venue into something magical.” Derek went above and beyond at meeting our expectations as a DJ; we highly recommend him and the entire team at Split Second Sound!

Reviewed on 12/31/2017 Claire C

Incredible! Chris was our DJ and I am blown away by how professional and charismatic he is! Our wedding was absolutely amazing and most of it was because Chris just knew how to set the ambiance with the music. He even got out and danced with the crowd! You cannot go wrong with... Read More Split Second Sound they are absolutely the best there is! I cannot thank you all enough. From initial meeting, to the website, to day of- you guys were 100% amazing! Thank you!

Reviewed on 12/29/2017 Allison P

It was wonderful working with our DJ, Joey Verde, from Split Second Sound. I definitely recommend him to other brides and grooms looking for a fun, worry-free reception. We were planning our wedding long distance, but Joey was accommodating when it came to phone calls after... Read More work hours so he could get to know us. Once he knew a little bit about us, we completely trusted him to "read the crowd" at our reception and do his thing to ensure everyone was up having fun and dancing. He did not disappoint! Our guests had a great time, the dance floor was packed all night, and we got a lot of compliments on the music and Joey. Also, he kept the whole reception running smoothly with seamless transitions between the introductions, first dances, dinner, toasts, cake cutting, etc. Wedding planning is stressful, so make this part easy on yourself--call Split Second Sound and ask for Joey!

Reviewed on 12/20/2017 Kelly F

Split Second Sound SAVED my wedding. I contracted with another DJ company in the Charlotte area and a month before my wedding I had to fire them after receiving unsettling information about a previous wedding they did. I contacted SSS and they immediately jumped into help. That... Read More day, I had a new DJ and was told not to worry about a thing. On the day of my wedding, our DJ Mike, was AMAZING. Our guests were entertained and it felt like he was happy to be there. If you are between Split Second Sound and another company, go with SSS. They will NOT disappoint you!!

Reviewed on 12/20/2017 Ashley G

We used SSS for our wedding. They were SO awesome! Jonah, the DJ, was fantastic! So professional & so friendly. All of our wedding guests had such nice things to say about the music & what a fun night it was! 👍🏼

Reviewed on 12/18/2017 Maggie B

Split Second Sound was unbelievably amazing to work with. They took the time to get to know my husband and I as a couple. Our DJ, Jonah, was strategic in planning out our night and made it more fun than we could have even possibly imagined!! Little kiddos from age 7 up to... Read More grandparents and everyone in between boogied down on the dance floor and had a blast. We cannot say enough how much we love them. Thank you thank you thank you, Jonah and Split Second!!!

Reviewed on 12/17/2017 Jasmine C

Split Second Sound was a cost I am so happy we took on, because they truly kept the party going the entire night! There are a lot of options for DJs, you have individuals who DJ as a side gig and a lot of small DJ companies. We quickly found that the majority of these didn’t... Read More have the required insurances, didn’t have a back-up plan, or both. We wanted to feel taken care of and we didn’t want to worry about showing up to a silent reception. We found SSS via google search and loved how committed they were to providing an unforgettable experience. Our DJ and his party side-kick (I’m not sure what their term for this is) provided the best party music and mood I have ever been to. I appreciated how engaged they were, that they stuck to our do not play list, our absolutely must play list, and their ability to feel the room and decide what to play next. We had a mix of Hispanics, liberals, white conservatives, South Indians, ranging from 4-83 and we have been praised on how wonderful the party and the music was. I have to thank SSS for most of the praise and for the best night of our lives!

Reviewed on 12/09/2017 Brianna W

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! Cannot say enough about how great this company is. They were very organized and detailed throughout the planning process and really catered to what you wanted for your day. The day of was WAY more than we could've imagined -- Johnny & Darren did... Read More outstanding, they played all of our requests, the transitions were perfect, they just did an outstanding job and I would HIGHLY recommend Split Second whenever you need an awesome DJ!!!!!

Reviewed on 12/03/2017 Erin C

Wow! Split Second Sound was overall everything we an anticipated and envisioned. Everything was perfect and went so smoothly. The online portal is the best way to layout the day and it includes everything that you would or wouldn't even think of needing for the day. We are so... Read More pleased and absolutely couldn't imagine having any other DJ company. On top of having the DJ we also had the videographer through Split Second Sound and again, THE BEST!

Reviewed on 12/01/2017 Allison P

Joey and team made our reception everything we hoped for! We had several people tell us our dance floor was "epic!"

Reviewed on 11/30/2017 Pamela S

I HIGHLY recommend the concierge services they offer! We, of course, utilized DJ services as well but I had little confidence in my venue coordinators to get everything right so when I learned of this option I jumped on the opportunity. Shatera and Bethany were wonderful!... Read More Shatera even came to my house a month before to look at my room of wedding decorations! She was also in touch with me the week before and I sent her a detailed list of instructions for each decoration. The day of the wedding they both organized vendors, decorations, and managed anything else that came up. It was a blessing to have them there so I could enjoy my day. Shatera and Bethany checked in with me consistently throughout the day (I think I saw the venue coordinator twice the whole day...) so I always knew what was going on but I was never stressed out about what was going on outside of the bridal suite. They also packed everything up for us afterwards so it was ready to be picked up the next day. We had a few hiccups (favors weren't set up correctly, sparklers weren't set up with the tags I had ordered) but the benefit of having them far outweighed these small details. I have wonderful memories of my wedding day and it is due in large part to the hard work Shatera and Bethany did. I highly recommend this service to help make your day as memorable and stress free as possible.

Reviewed on 11/29/2017 Tara P

I can NOT say enough about how great Split Second Sound was at our wedding! Our DJ was by far the most raved about aspect of our reception! We were assigned Michael Glass as our DJ for the night and he was phenomenal. We met a few weeks prior to our wedding and went over every... Read More single detail of the night, including a lot of things I had never even thought of. He gave us tons of advice and suggestions for songs that went well with our personalities and details of our wedding. He called us again the week of and made sure everything was perfectly planned. He was very interactive with our guests and everyone was on the dance floor all night! The payment process was easy and I felt like Vinny took great care in explaining all of options to us before we made a decision. I can't recommend SSS enough!

Reviewed on 11/29/2017 Lindsay Snook

You're silly if you shop around for DJs as Split Second Sound is the ONLY way to go for your wedding! We had Anthony as our DJ and he was awesome. When we met with Anthony to talk about our vibe, he was so on board with everything we threw at him. On our wedding day, he totally... Read More hit the nail on the head with our song selections and was just perfect. Everyone talked about how great our DJ was! We couldn't have asked for anyone better!

Reviewed on 11/28/2017 Joanna T

Split Second Sound was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding day. Having a great DJ was always at the top of our list... Little did we know our expectations would be blown out of the water. When I went with my parents to meet with Split Second Sound for the first... Read More time, none of us knew what to expect. Seriously - five minutes into our meeting, we knew we were in the right place. Vinny was kind, funny, and more than helpful. He answered all of our questions.... and we had a lot! We left feeling so confident in our decision to choose Split Second Sound and were so excited for our wedding day. A few weeks before our wedding, we met with Jonah, our DJ! He answered all of our questions and was so patient when I wasn't able to answer all of his. I was honestly caught off guard (in a good way) by the thoughtful and intentional questions Jonah asked to get to know us better and to help him make our wedding day perfect for us. He truly made me feel like his top priority was making my dream wedding a reality. Jonah made so many recommendations and suggestions, he was there for us every step of the way. Fast forward to our reception, Jonah checked in with me throughout the evening to give us updates on what was coming next and ask questions about anything that may have come up. It was so nice to have a 'heads up' on when the cake cutting was happening or when our dances were. That way we were able to visit with our guests and also keep the night on track. Jonah and Justin also touched base with every table in the room asking them what kind of music they wanted to hear. Jonah not only played music that would get people on the dance floor, HE was on the dance floor leading the dances!!! I could go on and on about how much we love Split Second Sound. They will be there for you every step of the way and make your event dreams come true! They are worth every penny and we would choose them again and again!!!

Reviewed on 11/28/2017 Kristen G

Jonah with split second sound did an awesome job!! He kept us on schedule and kept everyone dancing the whole night! I highly recommend using them for your big day!!

Vinny & Diane Esposito

Vinny and Diane moved to Charlotte in 1999 and quickly established their company as the premier DJ company in the area writing a record breaking 1293 events in 2017 (591 being weddings) . Starting with 3 DJs on staff entertaining 40 events in 2002, Split now employs over 45 of the most talented MC/DJ Entertainers in the business. Split Second Sound embodies family and values. All of our DJ’s are a part of a family team as several exclusive DJ’s have been with SSS for up to 17 years.