Entertainment Hosts for Weddings & Events

Split Second Sound is the most referred DJ company from within the wedding industry professionals & past clients. Brides & Grooms of today want something new, exciting & different from the typical cookie cutter DJ. Split doesn't just provide entertainment.... we create it!

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

1230 West Morehead street, Charlotte, NC

Best DJ Company in the State!

Reviewed on 12/10/2014 Hannah D

When I first booked Split Second Sound, I was a little hesitant. When I dreamt of my wedding day, I always imagined I would have a band. After several recommendations and an initial meeting with Vinny, the founder and owner, I knew I made the right decision. Vinny and his... Read More staff are professional, fun and absolutely brilliant at what they do. He communicated with me clearly and effectively through my engagement and called me a week before the big day to confirm all the details. I had one request for Vinny... coming from a small town, I was concerned that out-of-town guests would be uncomfortable dancing. I had an image of an empty dance floor with people blankly staring at each other as club music roared in the background. I couldn't have been more wrong. Vinny kept people on their feet from start to finish, playing everything from funk to Top 40 hits! People were dancing, laughing and having an absolutely blast. One month later and people are still raving about what a party the wedding was. But what's best about Vinny and Split Second Sound is that they make the wedding day effortless. They made sure that my husband and I, along with our wedding party, knew exactly where to be and when so we didn't have to stress over details and timelines. If you're considering booking Split Second Sound, do so immediately! I guarantee you won't be disappointed. They are hands down the best DJ professionals in Charlotte, and probably the state.

Exceptional Entertainment

Reviewed on 4/04/2014 Michael S

Split Second Sound was recommended by a family friend for my daughters wedding. I must say that it was spot on a great recommendation. We met with Vinny the owner and discussed our requirements. Vinny chose Jonah to be our DJ, but Jonah was more than that, he was an... Read More entertainer and kept the party rolling all night. SSS has a very good process. They have an online form the client can utilize to document song choices, wedding party names and roles as well as phonetic spelling of the names to ensure correcct pronunciation. Jonah also met personally with the bride and groom shortly before the wedding to finalize the agenda. Jonah was the emcee for the evening and everything went like clockwork. I was told he is the most requested entertainer, and I can see why. The DJ can either make or break your event, choosing Split Second Sound will be one of the best vendor decisions you can make.

Couldn't have asked for more!

Reviewed on 3/26/2014 Nicole L

I have nothing but good things to say about working with the SSS office group and our DJ day of - Dennis. The office group was quick to respond to any questions or concerns I had. Vinny sat down with us for our introduction meeting and we felt comfortable enough to book SSS as... Read More soon as we got home. From our first face to face meeting, working with Dennis was reassuring (which is great for any bride!), professional, and fun. We couldn't have asked for more. Dennis was very thoughtful and thorough when going through our music selections and day of schedule. He was an absolute neccesity day of, reminding us of schedule and explaining things calmly on a day there is a lot going on. Beyond that, he was a fun guy with a great sense of humor. Best of all, everyone at the wedding had a blast! I would reccomend SSS to anyone.

Reviewed on 5/05/2016 Todd D

DJ Jonah is hands down the BEST! He truly made our reception come to life and the ultimate party. People still haven't stopped talking about how much fun they had. It was everything we dreamed it would be, plus more. We really appreciated how personal he made the event to us as... Read More well as our guests. Jonah took the time to hang out with our wedding party before introductions, and took song requests from the entire crowd during dinner. SSS definitely takes the experience to a whole new level - we couldn't have asked for more!

Reviewed on 5/04/2016 Victoria C

From the first time we were at a party with Split Second Sound we knew we wanted this company to be our DJ. They were professional, got the crowd involved in the song selection, got everyone dancing and most importantly everyone had a great time! Jonah was our DJ and he was... Read More truly amazing. He met with my husband and I about a month before the wedding where we finalized so many things my husband and I hadn't even thought of. Jonah even helped put together a mashup for my mother and I to dance to - he was so patient with me as I had him edit it at least 5 times. The night of the wedding Jonah was there on time and immediately went to work - keeping the crowd engaged as we were running about 15 minutes behind (with a minor family emergency). Other than that Jonah worked with us that night and helped keep the night running smoothly. I would definitely recommend Split Second Sound and ask for Jonah!!

Reviewed on 5/04/2016

I just wanted to send a note to thank you so much for all that you did to make our day so perfect! We debated over spending so much on a DJ, but now I realize what an investment it was. You were worth every penny! Everyone commented on how much they loved how you took... Read More requests, and how great the music was. For me, the way you controlled the audience. I certainly did not think in a million years we would have trouble with attendees but there were several little things that happened and you just ran interference with ease. I was so impressed and grateful! Beth McKeithan

Reviewed on 5/04/2016 Allison B

Split Second Sound was recommended to us by our friends so we decided to try them out for our wedding. They got to know us in the beginning and carefully selected which lead DJ they thought would be the best for us. They couldn't have chosen anyone better than Derek Andreas. He... Read More knew exactly what we wanted with song selections to engage a diverse crowd. He brought hype when announcing our wedding party and threw in various crowd pleasers that were a hit! He nailed our timeline and knew how to smooth transition. We even had a last minute change and added a gobo monogram light (which was phenomenal and added a personal touch). We are still getting compliments about Split Second Sound and our monogram even after our wedding! Derek did a great job from beginning to end and we highly recommend the entire team!

Reviewed on 5/03/2016 cindy t

Jonah and the entire Split Second Sound team did an amazing job at our wedding. Jonah kept everyone on the dance floor the entire night. We appreciated meeting with him beforehand and felt at ease going into the night knowing he was going to make the night flow exactly how we... Read More wanted. We'd highly recommend him and SSS!

Reviewed on 5/01/2016 Laura L

We had Johny for our 4/16/16 wedding and we were so pleased to have hired Split Second Sound. We hired them for our ceremony, cocktail, and reception entertainment. Johnny did such an amazing job!!! We had over 2 hours of just dancing at our reception and our guests danced until... Read More the very end without wanting to stop. Johnny was great at incorporating our "must have" and "requested" song for the night. He made sure everything was perfect, seamless & I cannot say enough positive things about our reception because of him! Thank you!!

Reviewed on 4/27/2016

My husband and I had our wedding on April 2nd. When asking for recommendations several folks mentioned SSS. When I went to there office everyone was very nice. Vinny, made us feel comfortable. We signed right away and didn't check out anyone else. The website they use to plan... Read More your day out was very simple and easy to use. Vinny touched based with me shortly before the wedding and confirmed everything. If I wasn't sure of something, he said no problem! Our wedding day went very smoothly and I felt like Vinny was part of the family! People would have thought he knew me and my husband for years! I highly recommend SSS to anyone looking for a great DJ!

Reviewed on 4/27/2016 Carissa F

AMAZING EXPERIENCE! We had 2 DJ's & uplighting for our wedding on 4/9. We chose Joey to be our lead DJ & he knocked it out of the park! We had over 2.5 hours of just dancing at our reception & our guests danced until the very end without wanting to stop! He made sure... Read More everything was seamless & I cannot say enough positive things about our reception because of him! If you want a top notch DJ, look no further!

Reviewed on 4/25/2016

Jonah at Split Second Sound did a phenomenal job at my daughter's wedding reception on April 16 and he certainly knew how to get everyone on the dance floor! All the guests were commenting on how good he was and how nice it was of him to stop by each table at dinner to ask for... Read More song requests. He also did a great job announcing the wedding party and the bride and groom for their first dance. You can't go wrong with Jonah!

Reviewed on 4/24/2016

First wedding experience with DJ DENNIS was amazing! He was great, personable, polite! Last night, upon my suggestion, my best friend chose Split Second and got DJ MIKE.. as Matron of Honor, I requested to play a song for the bride and he was completely rude to me. This was a... Read More sober wedding, I hadn't requested any other songs or anything of that nature, and his response was "You have to asks the bride's permission b/c she said no more older songs". Now my best friend, sure I see her saying something like that... but it was his delivery and the fact that I was trying to play her OUR song. I KNOW she would have loved it, but the moment was ruined by him. He could have been more polite about it and just said "I'll see if I have it". But he totally EMBARRASSED me and I felt like a complete idiot trying to do something nice for my best friend. He knew I was the MOH, he introduced us, I had the dress on... but apparently I was a nobody to him.

Reviewed on 4/22/2016 Becka H

We would be happy to be used as a reference in the future, we have nothing but compliments for you all! From the start of the day, you took the time to test the equipment and noticed that the wind may be an issue for sound. Rather than calling the shot on your own you asked our... Read More opinion on how we would like to proceed and were extremely flexible, and worked with us, even though it required additional work on your end. That was so greatly appreciated! You did a fantastic job reading our que on when we were done with our special dances. Announcing the bridal party, playing the specific songs for each piece of the night, and working with our other vendors was flawless. You even played a song upon special request for a flash mob dance at the last minute! Thank you! One of the most surprising and so greatly appreciated moments was when you came to find me to let me know you were holding off on our special requests until we were back in the dance room. Your thoughtfulness, flexibility, and desire to make sure we were happy was impeccable. We couldn't have asked for anything more! You all were perfect!

Reviewed on 4/12/2016 Lee E

Split Second Sound did an amazing job with our music for our wedding in March 2016! I thought it would be difficult to put together a playlist with my love of hip hop/R&B and 60's and my husbands love of the 80s but SSS nailed it! Almost every single person was dancing the... Read More entire night. We even extended our time in order to get more dances in! Jonathan was amazing and made our night one we will always remember.

Reviewed on 4/05/2016 Jen H

Thank you so much for DJ-ing our event on Saturday. You made our wedding everything that we wanted and more! The song selection was perfect, and it matched everything that we discussed before the wedding. You did a perfect job of blending both my husband's and my ideas of... Read More wedding music, to make it a night that was perfect for our guests. Everyone said that it was the best wedding they had been to, and that the atmosphere was amazing. We owe a lot of that to you. Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 3/31/2016 Ashley A

Jonah was our DJ for our 9/5 wedding at the Biltmore Estate. He did such a great job- he provided a mic for our pastor and our reader, he worked with me carefully on our cocktail hour music, he created a fun playlist of Indian and American music for our guests to dance the... Read More night away, and he did it all while being super pleasant and thoughtful to everything we needed. We truly enjoyed working with him and the SSS team!

Reviewed on 2/09/2016

Vinny and his team were so amazing! One things for sure, if you are looking for some great memories and to get everyone on the dance floor then you can't not go wrong with split second sound! Vinny is much more than a DJ. He completely took over the time line of the night with a... Read More few guidelines and made everything flow. First dance, cutting the cake, special dances, garter/bouquet toss etc... my guest were so impressed by the upbeat music, that catered to all ages and had people the don't normally dance, out of their seats! I also got the uplighting package from SSS and that was something I highly recommend spending the extra money on, it made the reception shine and look just that much cooler! our party ended at 1 am, the dance floor never cleared. We literally danced the night away! Thank you to vinny and his team at split second sound for making my wedding night dreams come true, you were worth EVERY single penny and I HIGHLY recommend you!!

Reviewed on 2/05/2016 Morgan S

This is the absolute BEST DJ company in the area! My husband and I could not be happier with choosing Split Second Sounds, LeVar was beyond amazing. Everyone is still raving about how great the music and atmosphere was, I owe it all to Split Second Sounds--I recommend you call... Read More them immedately for your wedding or event!

A NYE to Remember!

Reviewed on 1/26/2016 Anna H

Split Second Sound was nothing short of absolute perfection from start to finish. Joey was very easy to work with and stay in touch with leading up to our wedding. I was able to fill out a form with every little detail for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception, which was... Read More very important to me as I'm particular about my musical choices. Not only did they nail the sound and the music selections, but the party moved along at exactly the right pace. We had our wedding on New Years' Eve, so it was very important to us that once the dance floor opened, everyone was engaged and interacting - and that happened perfectly! The music was exactly right for our guests tastes and everyone was dancing straight through the midnight bell. Joey also gave the crowd regular updates (i.e. "45 minutes till the new year!") to make sure people stuck around till the end of the party. All of our guests were raving about how amazing the night was, and we owe so much of that to the incredible work of our DJs, Split Second Sound.

Reviewed on 1/07/2016 Erin Y

Wow! That's all I can say about this company. Extraordinary. My DJ was LeVar Gladden, definitely request him if he is available. LeVar knows music and he is just genuinely excited to do the receptions. He is very attentive to your needs. He walks around and makes sure... Read More every guest gets to request at least one song. He of course also lets them know if the song they choose is on your do not playlist which is great so people aren't just requesting bogus songs. He gets everyone involved. He will only play the music YOU like. So if your not feeling a song or if he thinks you will not feel a song he will come right up to you and be like, "is this ok?" Sometimes, people request songs that will kill the vibe so you can shut it down quickly and just say "no". I think it is important to have a good DJ. The DJ facilitates the reception. He does your intro, first dance, cake cutting etc. You want to make sure he has a good sound system, speaks well, and is upbeat. My advice when choosing a DJ, DO NOT CUT CORNERS!! There is a reason this is a five star rated company and they win all of these awards. I've been to too many weddings where the DJ was terrible. I am very lucky I chose them and I was able to have LeVar at my wedding. Out of all the companies I dealt with during the whole ordeal of having a wedding, this one exceeded my expectations like no other. Good luck everyone!! Congrats!!

Reviewed on 1/06/2016 Jackson C

I had an amazing experience with this company! They worked with us given that my husband and I lived in a separate town than where the wedding was being held! Their online database made the process so much simpler, and then we went back over it just to make sure we all were on... Read More the same page! I'd recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 1/06/2016 Chrissy O

Amazing and fun experience with SSS!!! its a delight to have met Diane and Vinny of SSS. Diane is very thoughtful to have offered us their rooftop for our engagement session. We had DJ Jonah as our master of ceremonies during reception, and we couldn't thank him enough for the... Read More kind of professionalism he has shown, not to mention how fun the night turned out. Our guests with "seniors" were up on their feet dancing the night away. Awesome experience in all!!! For brides and grooms, and families who would want to treat the groom and bride during their wedding and receptions, Split Second Sound is the best!!! Plus, we are so happy with our monogram!!!! Our families and guests liked it so much.

Reviewed on 12/15/2015 Meghan H

I loved split second sound when I first saw them at a bridal show. But my wedding was a disaster. Partly my fault for hiring the worst wedding planner on the planet, but there were a few cringeworthy moments from our DJ as well. Ceremony was fine, cocktail hour I didn't see,... Read More dinner was weird and the dancing was choppy. Again part of this was my planner, but our DJ told me to relax and trust my vendors and it was a disaster. We had to race through dinner and once we stood up to visit our 11 tables our DJ said we needed to hurry because we were going to cut the cake. After the cake, I don't think anyone was manning the booth because the song I came down the aisle to started playing. YIKES. While dancing there were a few times I thought 'ew what is this song? Skip!!'. Awkward. Great announcing and I love the company. My experience was just a fluke.

Reviewed on 12/14/2015 Matt D

We hired Split Second Sound for our ceremony/cocktail hour and reception and while expecting we made a great decision (based on so many great reviews, our one on one meetings with SSS and the owner, Vinny) we were blown away on our wedding day. From beginning to the end, we were... Read More impressed and had all of our guests having a great time. With SSS, you get more than just music as they bring a interaction with guests that makes them feel a bigger part of the evening and helps get them on the dance floor. Vinny was awesome and took the time to get all of the smallest details down perfectly. SSS also helped us with uplighting which made our venue look even better. You get the best with SSS! Look no further.