Entertainment Hosts for Weddings & Events

Split Second Sound is the most referred DJ Company in the Carolinas from wedding industry professionals and past clients. We are not your typical “cookie cutter” DJ. With over 30 years experience in the industry, we have DJ’s on staff that are fluent in several languages, have experience with a variety of cultures, and years of experience. DJ’s can make or break your wedding; SSS provides the perfect match of entertainment and professionalism. Before you invite us to your special day, we invite you to our office to see first hand our process, experience past weddings, and meet the crew. We are also available by phone or Skype to show you how and why SSS breaks records each year. We would love to bring your wedding vision to life while providing the best quality service! - Vinny and Diane

Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Pop, R&B, Rock, African, Arabic, Bollywood, Indian, Latin, Persian

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Planning, Audio/Visual Equipment

2220 Westinghouse Blvd, Unit 404, Charlotte, NC (704) 907-9507

Best DJ Company in the State!

Reviewed on 12/10/2014 Hannah D

When I first booked Split Second Sound, I was a little hesitant. When I dreamt of my wedding day, I always imagined I would have a band. After several recommendations and an initial meeting with Vinny, the founder and owner, I knew I made the right decision. Vinny and his... Read More staff are professional, fun and absolutely brilliant at what they do. He communicated with me clearly and effectively through my engagement and called me a week before the big day to confirm all the details. I had one request for Vinny... coming from a small town, I was concerned that out-of-town guests would be uncomfortable dancing. I had an image of an empty dance floor with people blankly staring at each other as club music roared in the background. I couldn't have been more wrong. Vinny kept people on their feet from start to finish, playing everything from funk to Top 40 hits! People were dancing, laughing and having an absolutely blast. One month later and people are still raving about what a party the wedding was. But what's best about Vinny and Split Second Sound is that they make the wedding day effortless. They made sure that my husband and I, along with our wedding party, knew exactly where to be and when so we didn't have to stress over details and timelines. If you're considering booking Split Second Sound, do so immediately! I guarantee you won't be disappointed. They are hands down the best DJ professionals in Charlotte, and probably the state.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Kristen P

When we started planning for our wedding reception, we knew that good music was a key component to having the fun family party that we envisioned.  Choosing a DJ that could get the night going and keep up the energy was important and Split Second Sound exceeded our expectations... Read More in every way. The process started with an introduction call with the company owner, Vinnie.  He walked us through the Split Second philosophy, planning process, and contracts.  After signing the contract, we had access to an online planning platform that allowed us to create a timeline for the evening and choose music that fit our vision.  We had check in calls with the team at Split Second Sound to make sure we didn't have any questions or additional needs. Payments were handled professionally and the process was very easy.  The week of our wedding, we spent time with our DJ, Jonny, who helped us finalize a timeline that would keep things moving so the evening would keep building up to a dance floor filled with friends and family. The day of the wedding, Jonny delivered.  We don't just mean played some good music, kept us on schedule...this was top-of-the-line service that went above and beyond what we imagined.  Jonny and his assistant talked with our family and friends during dinner service to get their requests.  He kept special dances, cake cutting, toasts, and other special touches on schedule so that our guests had lots of time to dance.  Once everyone was up, most people did not sit down!  The party was going so strong, that we decided to extend our contract by an extra hour, which was extremely easy to do in the moment. It has been more than a month since our wedding and our guests are still talking about that night.  "The most fun wedding we have EVER attended," "The BEST music," and "I think I am STILL recovering from dancing" are all common phrases from our family and friends.  We have Jonny and Split Second Sound to thank for this! Brides and Grooms, if you want a company that will help you create YOUR perfect evening, look no further.  Split Second Sound will deliver from the first phone call through the follow up after your big day. --Jim & Kristen, married September 17, 2016

Exceptional Entertainment

Reviewed on 4/04/2014 Michael S

Split Second Sound was recommended by a family friend for my daughters wedding. I must say that it was spot on a great recommendation. We met with Vinny the owner and discussed our requirements. Vinny chose Jonah to be our DJ, but Jonah was more than that, he was an... Read More entertainer and kept the party rolling all night. SSS has a very good process. They have an online form the client can utilize to document song choices, wedding party names and roles as well as phonetic spelling of the names to ensure correcct pronunciation. Jonah also met personally with the bride and groom shortly before the wedding to finalize the agenda. Jonah was the emcee for the evening and everything went like clockwork. I was told he is the most requested entertainer, and I can see why. The DJ can either make or break your event, choosing Split Second Sound will be one of the best vendor decisions you can make.

Reviewed on 6/24/2017 Blair B

We used SSS as our DJ for our may wedding. In particular Jonathan was our DJ. From booking them to meeting Jonathan to the wedding night everything was perfect and without issue. Jonathan took the time to hear what we liked and gave us many suggestions. From talking to guests... Read More during and after the wedding, the one thing they all mentioned was great was the music. We can't recommend and thank you guys enough!!

Reviewed on 6/24/2017 Sydney W

Our DJs Steve and Joey were amazing, as is the entire split second sound team! Our music made the special moments in our wedding even more special and the flow and fun atmosphere of our reception was in large part due to our great DJs and their dedication to ensure that we were... Read More satisfied and happy all evening!

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 Valerie S

We could not have picked a better DJ Service for our wedding day! We only had 75 guests, but the dance floor was full all night! Jonah was amazing, listened to our requests and was able to play music that everyone enjoyed (we had quite an age range in our guests). Would hire... Read More them again in a heartbeat!!

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 Valerie S

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Megan R

Lead DJ Joey Verde and his assistant were outstanding at our June 10, 2017 wedding. Joey made sure to work the crowd and played every song request made by our guests. The dance floor was full for the entire night and he was an excellent host. Joey kept everything running... Read More smoothly and we didn't have to worry about a thing! We are very pleased with how everything turned out, thank you Split Second Sound!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Beth P

LOOK NO FURTHER! Split Second Sound is the best!! They were pleasant and professional throughout my wedding planning experience. I hired LeVar as my DJ and he was AMAZING!! I couldn't have asked for a better reception, the dance floor was popping!! Whenever I was asked from... Read More another vendor who I chose as my DJ and I said Split Second Sound, their reply was the same.. "Oh awesome, they're the best." :) They know how to party!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Abby H

We didn't have the perfect experience we were hoping for. It's disappointing to see all the five star reviews and raves about SSS compared to the service we received at our reception. Overall, great music. One guest asked for their contact info for her daughter's wedding.

Reviewed on 6/18/2017 Chelsea G

Split Second Sound was amazing they are very professional, and I love that they find a DJ that fits each individual couple's personality it makes it so much more personalized and easier to work with the DJ who just gets you! The price was reasonable not the cheapest but I firmly... Read More believe you get what you pay for and what we got was perfect and worth every penny! I also love that the company lets you organize your day online and then you get to meet with your DJ and go over final details, being a type A person this made me feel very organized! Our DJ's were Dennis M. and Neil. These guys were great they worked well together and also work great with our coordinators as well the groom and I to make our day flow smoothly and also for people to enjoy themselves. They played great music and kept the party going and knew when to transition to different activities in just the right way . I had several guest tell me how much fun they had dancing and how great our DJ's were, which made me very proud to have chosen Split Second Sound to be apart of our day! Thank you so much to our DJ's and the Split Second team we cannot thank you enough for making our day filled with laughter and fun and good music among the many other things ya'll helped us with!- The Boyds

Reviewed on 6/18/2017 Nemesia W

I cannot say enough good things about our Djs Steve and Mike. They were absolutely amazing! They not only kept order throughout the day they kept everyone on the dance floor from the time dinner was over til the time the reception ended. They made sure everyone enjoyed... Read More themselves. Steve wasn't just the dj he was part of the entertainment he did not disappoint! I definitely recommend and would use them again!

Reviewed on 6/16/2017 Naomi K

Jonah was a hit! He listened to exactly the flow and vibe we wanted for our wedding and NAILED it. I'm not sure I ever left the dance floor and every song on point. Several guests commented on how awesome the DJ was. Not only did he deliver but it was one step in the wedding... Read More planning process that I never felt worried about which is HUGE. Jonah knew what he was doing and was super helpful throughout all planning.

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Katie N

Split Second Sound was one of those decisions we made about our wedding and then never looked back or second guessed. YOU CANNOT GO WRONG WITH SPLIT SECOND SOUND - we've been to several weddings that have used them and they have all been outstanding (specifically Levar, Jonah... Read More and Joey). Jonah was our DJ and he had people on the dance floor all night! We wrote personal intros for our wedding party, which he delivered like he was announcing at a NBA basketball game! He took the time to get to know us and what we wanted, but was also a life saver with suggestions (especially when my brain couldn't make any more decisions)! No other company compares.

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Sarah W

We were very pleased with DJ Mahlon & Danielle. They definitely got the crowd up and dancing and did a great job combining our song lists with what the crowd requested. Songs on the “don’t play” list were handled very well. Both were professional and very engaging. I’d... Read More recommend both for any upcoming wedding or other special event. Split Second Sound is a great company and their DJs are trained very well. They do amazing work!

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Maria S

Awesome!! Levar did a wonderful job and so did his companion in getting our party going! It was well thought out and we had a wonderful experience dealing with them and working with our schedules. There was not a moment when someone was not on the dance floor!!! Thank you... Read More for giving our guests a wonderful time!

Reviewed on 6/04/2017 Colleen R

- LeVar We could not have asked for a better DJ/Emcee for our wedding. LeVar was everything we wanted. His ability to connect with the crowd, keep the party going, and play music of all genres/generations was incredible. He walked around to different tables at the beginning to... Read More meet the guests and get a feel for the type of people in attendance, and that went a long way in making sure as many people were constantly out on the dance floor as possible. He was such a pleasure and joy to work with and I would recommend him to anyone. Something that stood out to us and is a great representation of the type of guy LeVar is - we had an uninvited guest show up in the middle of dancing. Without missing a beat, LeVar noticed this person, recognized he did not belong, and notified someone immediately. We didn't even know about this until everything was over! So with LeVar, you get an amazing DJ, a great entertainer, a stand up guy, and added security!

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Meghan P

DJ Vinny and "hype man" Julian were absolutely fantastic. From the beginning, Vinny was so helpful in getting us organized and providing suggestions on how to maximize the energy. Our guests raved about how great the music, energy, and overall entertainment was from our... Read More wedding. We could not ask for a better DJ. I wish there was a score higher than 5 stars to give!! Thank you Split Second Sound!!!

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Erin C

We were so happy with our decision to go with Split Second Sound as our choice in wedding DJ. Joey and Rashaad made our reception SO MUCH fun!! We loved every second of the music, vibe, party and wished the night could go on forever...I plan events for a living and did not... Read More think I would be able to let Joey take over the event timeline but within 5 minutes of sitting down with him, I knew we were in expert hands. The evening was flawless and we were able to enjoy every single moment of the reception. That was, by far, the best weekend of my life and we could not have been happier with our choice.

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Michelle H

Overall, working with SSS was great. They were always friendly, professional, and personable. Music was very important to my husband and I - we love it! So, we worked very hard filling out their detailed form and reviewing everything with our DJ in person. Unfortunately, I was... Read More disappointing to some degree on the day of. Most of our "must play" songs were not played, certain ones we wanted played towards the end of the night were played at the beginning of the night, and our last song of the night was never played - a song our friends and ourselves had discussed about for YEARS! There were other mishaps such as our ceremony exit song playing from the middle of the song onward instead of the beginning, and the SAME thing happening during our first dance. BUT - I will say, these are things mostly we noticed, not our guests. Our guests had a great time! I hate having to write a somewhat negative review because I had high hopes for SSS, they were one of our vendors we really invested in. I feel like we could have gotten the same day-of experience with a less expensive vendor.

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Heather M

If you are looking for great service, music and a great time, look no further. Split Second Sound was a PERFECT choice! We got the perfect DJ for our wedding (DJ Derek). He was fun and handled our crowd so well! Our wedding was so fun that people actually said 'where did the... Read More night go?" If I did it all over again, I would book DJ Derek again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed on 5/26/2017 Lindsay T

Had a fabulous experience with Split Second! Jonah & Corey were wonderful to work with and we got so many compliments from guests on the music. Thank you for making our day memorable and seamless!

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Samantha L

DJ Mike was our DJ at our reception and we are still getting messages and calls about how much fun people had. I don't think there was one second that the dance floor wasn't packed. He played the perfect songs in a great order to get everyone out on the dance floor. My husband... Read More is Haitian so we wanted to play some Haitian music during our dinner and Mike made it super easy to make sure he had all the songs needed. He also did a great job in making sure we did all the "traditional dances" we wanted to. Mike and his assistant made sure our guests were having a blast and read the crowd perfectly. Our night was made because of Split Second Sound and the party DJ Mike helped us throw!

Reviewed on 5/21/2017 Doug R

We absolutely loved working with Split Second Sound. Levar was so amazing! He is fun, energetic, and easy-going. He has an amazing ability to read the crowd and adjust the music to get everyone partying! We told him what type of vibe we were looking for, we didn't even have to... Read More give him a playlist - and he made our wedding unforgettable! We really loved working with Levar and SSS!

Reviewed on 5/19/2017 Caryl P

Steve and Corie were great at our Wedding at the Ballantyne Country Club in Charlotte. We had a wonderful time, they played all the requested music we planned and helped with getting everyone up to dance~ The performed announcements of the Wedding party, First Dance with Groom... Read More and Bride, Toast by Best Man and Maid of Honor and facilitated the Cake Cutting....I would highly recommend both Steve and Corey is you are looking for a team that listens to what your expectations are and fulfills them....Thank you so much Steve and Corey...Caryl & Jack 4/29/17

Vinny & Diane Esposito

Vinny and Diane moved to Charlotte in 1999 and quickly established their company as the premier DJ company in the area writing a record breaking 1032 events in 2016 (465 being weddings) . Starting with 3 DJs on staff entertaining 40 events in 2002, Split now employs over 45 of the most talented MC/DJ Entertainers in the business. Split Second Sound embodies family and values. All of our DJ’s are a part of a family team as several exclusive DJ’s have been with SSS for up to 15 years.