Entertainment Hosts for Weddings & Events

Split Second Sound is the most referred DJ company from within the wedding industry professionals & past clients. Brides & Grooms of today want something new, exciting & different from the typical cookie cutter DJ. Split doesn't just provide entertainment.... we create it!

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

1230 West Morehead street, Charlotte, NC

Best DJ Company in the State!

Reviewed on 12/10/2014 Hannah D

When I first booked Split Second Sound, I was a little hesitant. When I dreamt of my wedding day, I always imagined I would have a band. After several recommendations and an initial meeting with Vinny, the founder and owner, I knew I made the right decision. Vinny and his... Read More staff are professional, fun and absolutely brilliant at what they do. He communicated with me clearly and effectively through my engagement and called me a week before the big day to confirm all the details. I had one request for Vinny... coming from a small town, I was concerned that out-of-town guests would be uncomfortable dancing. I had an image of an empty dance floor with people blankly staring at each other as club music roared in the background. I couldn't have been more wrong. Vinny kept people on their feet from start to finish, playing everything from funk to Top 40 hits! People were dancing, laughing and having an absolutely blast. One month later and people are still raving about what a party the wedding was. But what's best about Vinny and Split Second Sound is that they make the wedding day effortless. They made sure that my husband and I, along with our wedding party, knew exactly where to be and when so we didn't have to stress over details and timelines. If you're considering booking Split Second Sound, do so immediately! I guarantee you won't be disappointed. They are hands down the best DJ professionals in Charlotte, and probably the state.

Exceptional Entertainment

Reviewed on 4/04/2014 Michael S

Split Second Sound was recommended by a family friend for my daughters wedding. I must say that it was spot on a great recommendation. We met with Vinny the owner and discussed our requirements. Vinny chose Jonah to be our DJ, but Jonah was more than that, he was an... Read More entertainer and kept the party rolling all night. SSS has a very good process. They have an online form the client can utilize to document song choices, wedding party names and roles as well as phonetic spelling of the names to ensure correcct pronunciation. Jonah also met personally with the bride and groom shortly before the wedding to finalize the agenda. Jonah was the emcee for the evening and everything went like clockwork. I was told he is the most requested entertainer, and I can see why. The DJ can either make or break your event, choosing Split Second Sound will be one of the best vendor decisions you can make.

Couldn't have asked for more!

Reviewed on 3/26/2014 Nicole L

I have nothing but good things to say about working with the SSS office group and our DJ day of - Dennis. The office group was quick to respond to any questions or concerns I had. Vinny sat down with us for our introduction meeting and we felt comfortable enough to book SSS as... Read More soon as we got home. From our first face to face meeting, working with Dennis was reassuring (which is great for any bride!), professional, and fun. We couldn't have asked for more. Dennis was very thoughtful and thorough when going through our music selections and day of schedule. He was an absolute neccesity day of, reminding us of schedule and explaining things calmly on a day there is a lot going on. Beyond that, he was a fun guy with a great sense of humor. Best of all, everyone at the wedding had a blast! I would reccomend SSS to anyone.

Reviewed on 11/14/2015 Danielle T

Split second sound is a solid DJ company. They provide resources to help you structure your event and ensure your planning goes smoothly. We booked Jonah and had a fantastic wedding! He is very detail oriented, provided some great advice and really cares about making the event... Read More fun. Our guests were dancing the entire night and complimented us in regards to the music selection. I picked all my vendors for the wedding based on whether they appeared trustworthy, showed care towards doing a great job, responsiveness and best value. Split second sound definitely hit all these points. Thanks!

Reviewed on 11/12/2015 Jamie S

Me and my new Husband chose Split Second Sound to be apart of our big day and we couldn't have been happier with our decision! Split Second Sound was fantastic from the moment we booked to the day of the reception. We can not say enough amazing things about them. Rasheed was our... Read More DJ and he was awesome. He was so personal and took the time because we live out of town to call us and get to know us. We went over everything from how we met, music, and details of the wedding. I had no doubt that he would do a fantastic job. I can't thank them enough for such an amazing experience on our big day. The reception was fantastic and my family and guest and most of all we had a blast! I highly recommend that you choose Split Second Sound to be a part of your big day you will not regret it!

Reviewed on 11/12/2015

You can't go wrong when you select the professionals at Split Second Sound. Vinny was given the difficult task to play only Indian/Bollywood music at our "Indian Themed Welcome Dinner" - he skillfully managed to keep the dance floor packed the entire night with his selection of... Read More sounds/mixes/and engaging DJ'ing skills. He delivered the highest level of professionalism and was extremely friendly and easy to work with. 5 Stars!

Reviewed on 11/11/2015 Bobbi L

Split Second Sound did a fantastic job for our wedding! Vinny was our DJ and he did a great job keeping the party going all night! The song choices were perfect for our crowd and our guests had a blast! Would highly recommend Split Second Sound!

Quality service

Reviewed on 11/10/2015 Felicia T

Split Second Sound is a great company. They have a particular way they go about their business and it works. Joey was our DJ and everyone loved him. He went to the tables asking what everyone would like to hear. He keep the party in order and kept everyone going till the end.... Read More There was one family traditional song we wanted that they didn't play that we were kind of disappointed with. But, they were very apologetic about it and explained what happened. Great price for what you get!

Reviewed on 11/09/2015 Betsy J

I never thought I would be a person that had so much to say about a DJ!!! When we decided to choose to have a DJ play music at our wedding I figured, we just need someone to play music so people will dance. My photographer recommended LeVar Gladden and told me that I would not... Read More be disappointed. She could not have been more right!! He was amazing, he knew exactly what songs to play and the order without us having to give any direction. I wanted everyone to be dancing and having a great time, and that was exactly what we got. I am still hearing about how great the music was and how great Levar was weeks later from guests! He was so great great to work with and took any stress related to the timeline and the music off of our plate. Everything went so smoothly thanks to LeVar! I am not a person who typically writes reviews, but you must use Split Second Sound!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Nicole L

We had an absolutely amazing experience with Split Second Sound and Mike! No one sat down the whole time - he knew exactly what to play and when to get the whole crowed dancing. He and his assistant were fantastic and I would recommend them for any event!

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Rachael P

Split Second Sound was the perfect choice for our wedding. They were very professional and easy to work with. Our DJ, Steve Bradle, made sure he knew exactly what we wanted to happen at our reception, and he talked to guests to make sure that he played music that would get... Read More everyone out of their seats and dancing. He's the best, and made our reception perfect!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Chelsea S

After having our first meeting with Split Second Sound, Levar was our go to man. His personality was exactly what we were looking for! Levar rocked the night on our wedding night and so glad that we chose Split Second Sound AND chose Levar as our DJ!

Reviewed on 10/09/2015

Split Second Sound is a very professional operation from start to finish. They meet with you to find out what you want/need, and help you choose a DJ to match your expectations. They are very responsible and helpful with coordination, and keep things running smoothly (without... Read More being over-the-top) at the reception. In our case, this was extra important since there was not much coordination at the venue. Joey did a great job keeping wedding guests involved and enjoying themselves!

Reviewed on 9/07/2015

We recently had the pleasure of having Split Second Sound provide the music for our daughters wedding at The Ballantyne. As a preferred vendor with The Ballantyne, Ashley Nguyen our Event Manager set up everything with Split Second including what music preferences we had as well... Read More as they dance music. On the day of the wedding, my wife and I simply had to show up and enjoy. Mike City was our DJ and did an awesome job handling the music used during the ceremony as well as during the reception and meal. I highly recommend Split Second as well as Mike!

Reviewed on 8/17/2015 Lindsay T

DJ's did a great job getting the crowd up and dancing and all our wedding guests had a wonderful time!

Reviewed on 7/31/2015

Split Second Sound is AMAZING - everyone we talked to was so nice and they are very easy to work with. They are so responsive and reasonably priced. They provide such a peace of mind when it comes to the music for your wedding - you don't have to worry about a thing! They reach... Read More out to you to get to know you and your finance and your taste in music and what you are looking for and they reach out the week of the wedding to make sure everyone is still on the same page - they also have back up "on call" just in case something comes up! Our DJ was Derek Andreas and he was LEGIT (so was his assistant that helped with getting everyone up on the dance floor and even taught some dance moves!!) - so nice, great ideas, everyone at our wedding had a BLAST and the dance floor was packed from the moment the music started. They are more than just a DJ - the run the whole reception for you!!! We received tons of compliments and we are so thankful for Derek and Split Second Sound!

Reviewed on 7/28/2015 Melissa S

Where do we begin? Split Second Sounds was by far the best decision (besides saying I Do!) that we made during our entire wedding planning. From the first time that we met with Vinny we knew that we wanted him to be apart of our big day. We hired Vinny for our rehersal dinner... Read More and wedding and even three months after the wedding people are still talking about how awesome Vinny and his team were. We even had a close friend of ours call her wedding planner the very next day to confirm Vinny for the April 2016 wedding. I cannot say enough about their professionalism, enthusiasm and skill! Vinny took the time to get to know my husband and I during the planning and by the rehersal dinner it was as if he knew us for years with his song selection, etc. We had a wedding coordinator but honestly, Vinny ran the show and kept everything on track. His team - Brandon and a female DJ were awesome! Brandon was even out on the dance floor getting our guests involved - singing, dancing, participating and helping our videographer get the best shots! He even stole the show with our flower girl! Vinny -- we are so thankful that we had the pleasure of woing with you and your team.. We're sad it's already over but look forward to using you for future events and seeing you at friends weddings! Thank you again for making our wedding day the best day of our lives!

Reviewed on 7/19/2015 Patricia G

The Split Second Sound family was fantastic from start to finish. Joe Verde was our wedding reception DJ and he made sure everything ran smoothly. We had people on the dance floor all evening - even people who claimed they "didn't know how to dance"! I highly recommend Split... Read More Second Sound.

Reviewed on 7/13/2015 Shelby B

Had an incredible experience w/ SSS. Derek, our main DJ, was incredible. He touched base w/ me two weeks prior to the wedding talking about expectations, etc. He also touched base the week of the wedding double checking all plans and changes. Last minute, I decided to extend... Read More the wedding & he was so great about it!!! He provided the MOST AMAZING reception. From the cocktail hour, to the dance party, it truly was a great experience. I would highly recommend this entire company for ANY event, especially for a good party!

Reviewed on 7/10/2015 KELLY R

We loved LeVar! Everyone told us how great the music was and how he kept the night going! LeVar paid extra attention to all the details we asked of him to make our night special!

Reviewed on 6/30/2015 Meaghan K

Split Second Sound was recommended to us by a co-worker when we started looking for a DJ. We could not have been happier with the recommendation for the company and our DJ, Derek, was absolutely fantastic! He was very responsive and attentive. We had several calls to... Read More discuss our music choices, the vibe we wanted for the wedding and where all of the guests were coming from. He took the time to ask for the state that everyone was coming from so he could incorporate that into the evening. Derek was great at getting people out onto the dance floor and engaging everyone for the entire evening. At the end of the night, he provided us with a CD of all the important and must play songs. Now, we have that CD as a beautiful memento from the day. The setup was great, the sound quality was awesome and he was there well before the ceremony to get everything setup and make sure there were no issues. We could not have been happier with our choice to use Split Second Sound and we would request Derek for any event we could possibly ever plan.

Reviewed on 6/30/2015 Terri S

I booked Split Second Sound for my daughter's wedding and it was well worth the investment. I was concerned that our guests were non-dancers, but Jonny and Giovanni had everyone dancing. I found out later that Jonny introduced himself to the guests and encouraged them to make... Read More song requests. I think the ultimate compliment came from one of our relatives who said we really need to consider hiring a DJ for future family events. I felt the reception was a big hit and a lot of fun. Split Second Sound was a major factor in making the reception very memorable.

Reviewed on 6/25/2015 Katie K

Split Second Sound made our wedding so much fun. The company was a pleasure to work with. They were very professional, and we got so many compliments on the DJ's. They played great songs and had everyone up on the dance floor. They were on top of everything the whole way... Read More through our wedding, and made everything flow so smoothly. We would definitely recommend Split Second Sound to anyone we come across!

Reviewed on 6/23/2015 Tabitha H

Derek Andreas with SSS was the DJ of our wedding. He did awesome! Request him. He got every family member and friend up and dancing during the reception. He kept the order of events going perfectly. He was very willing to please when it came to what we wanted as the bride and... Read More groom. He was just a text message or phone call away during the wedding planning process. His charisma, enthusiasm for his work, professionalism, and experience were exactly what our wedding needed. And I have no doubt that's the standard to which SSS holds all their DJs. Every guest said it was the most fun they ever had at a wedding- that's exactly what we wanted to hear!

Reviewed on 6/23/2015 Stephanie M

Split second sound by far exceeds our music needs on our we doing day! Mike was an awesome DJ that kept the guests on the dance floor. Guests commented for days about how awesome our DJ was! Mike took the time to listen to our requests before the big day and then followed... Read More through with them. Split second sound was a great company to work with and I would highly recommend using them for your DJ needs. Couldn't be happier with our choice to do business with SSS!