Country, Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Pop, R&B, Rock, African, Arabic, Bollywood, Indian, Latin, Persian

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Planning, Audio/Visual Equipment

2220 Westinghouse Blvd, Unti 404, Charlotte, NC

Best DJ Company in the State!

Reviewed on 12/10/2014 Hannah D

When I first booked Split Second Sound, I was a little hesitant. When I dreamt of my wedding day, I always imagined I would have a band. After several recommendations and an initial meeting with Vinny, the founder and owner, I knew I made the right decision. Vinny and his... Read More staff are professional, fun and absolutely brilliant at what they do. He communicated with me clearly and effectively through my engagement and called me a week before the big day to confirm all the details. I had one request for Vinny... coming from a small town, I was concerned that out-of-town guests would be uncomfortable dancing. I had an image of an empty dance floor with people blankly staring at each other as club music roared in the background. I couldn't have been more wrong. Vinny kept people on their feet from start to finish, playing everything from funk to Top 40 hits! People were dancing, laughing and having an absolutely blast. One month later and people are still raving about what a party the wedding was. But what's best about Vinny and Split Second Sound is that they make the wedding day effortless. They made sure that my husband and I, along with our wedding party, knew exactly where to be and when so we didn't have to stress over details and timelines. If you're considering booking Split Second Sound, do so immediately! I guarantee you won't be disappointed. They are hands down the best DJ professionals in Charlotte, and probably the state.

Exceptional Entertainment

Reviewed on 4/04/2014 Michael S

Split Second Sound was recommended by a family friend for my daughters wedding. I must say that it was spot on a great recommendation. We met with Vinny the owner and discussed our requirements. Vinny chose Jonah to be our DJ, but Jonah was more than that, he was an... Read More entertainer and kept the party rolling all night. SSS has a very good process. They have an online form the client can utilize to document song choices, wedding party names and roles as well as phonetic spelling of the names to ensure correcct pronunciation. Jonah also met personally with the bride and groom shortly before the wedding to finalize the agenda. Jonah was the emcee for the evening and everything went like clockwork. I was told he is the most requested entertainer, and I can see why. The DJ can either make or break your event, choosing Split Second Sound will be one of the best vendor decisions you can make.

Couldn't have asked for more!

Reviewed on 3/26/2014 Nicole L

I have nothing but good things to say about working with the SSS office group and our DJ day of - Dennis. The office group was quick to respond to any questions or concerns I had. Vinny sat down with us for our introduction meeting and we felt comfortable enough to book SSS as... Read More soon as we got home. From our first face to face meeting, working with Dennis was reassuring (which is great for any bride!), professional, and fun. We couldn't have asked for more. Dennis was very thoughtful and thorough when going through our music selections and day of schedule. He was an absolute neccesity day of, reminding us of schedule and explaining things calmly on a day there is a lot going on. Beyond that, he was a fun guy with a great sense of humor. Best of all, everyone at the wedding had a blast! I would reccomend SSS to anyone.

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Katie C

Split Second Sound was fantastic from beginning to end! I initially met with Vinny for a consultation meeting and I knew right away that Split would be perfect for our wedding. Throughout the planning process they were helpful, organized, and accommodating. Always responded to... Read More emails in a timely fashion and never dropped the ball! Anthony was our DJ and he did everything he could to make things as seamless as possible. All of our guests had a great time and raved about the music choice and how much fun they had. As the Bride, I felt like I was in good hands and could rely on Anthony to take care of the timeline of the reception. Wonderful experience!!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Colleen G

These are the best DJ's in town! I got married September 3rd and Joey Verde was our dj and he exceeded our expectations! When we first met with him he immediately knew the kind of vibe and music we wanted for the entire event( ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception) just by... Read More naming a few songs. We didn't have to worry at all about the "music" part of wedding planning when we left our first meeting. Not only do they help with the music they work with your venue/wedding planner to help move things along such as toasts and cake cutting.ect. We wanted to get through the formalities as quickly as possible and having Joey help keep us on schedule was really nice treat. Everyone had a blast and really enjoyed the music! I highly recommend this company and especially Joey Verde!!

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Tara D

My husband and I have three daughters. Our youngest was married this past weekend.....the third wedding in 21 months! The first was in November 2014 for our middle daughter. A friend highly recommended we use Vinny with SSS. With all the decision making that comes with... Read More planning a large wedding, choosing Vinny was the best decision we made! He was phenomenal! Our main goal for her reception was for everyone to leave, saying, "wow! what a fun reception!" Vinny did not disappoint! Until this past Saturday (sorry middle daughter), everyone was still talking about how much fun they had at her reception, nearly two years ago! Shortly after middle daughter's wedding, our oldest daughter became engaged and was married in September 2015. Because we didn't want to take anything away from middle daughter's recent wedding, we reluctantly hired a different DJ company for her wedding. That was a really bad decision and we will always regret it. Five weeks after oldest daughter's wedding, youngest daughter got engaged! Once the wedding date was set (8-27-16), Vinny was the first vendor we contacted. We would've changed the wedding date had Vinny not been available! Once again, he did not disappoint! The reception was in the Urban Garden at the Ritz Carlton. From the introductions of the wedding party down to the bride and groom's exit, Vinny and Jonah kept the party going. The dance floor stayed packed the entire evening! No one wanted the night to end! I can't say enough great things about Vinny and Jonah. Not only are they the best DJ’s we've ever experienced, but they are two of the nicest people you will ever meet. Thanks in large part to Vinny and Jonah, our youngest daughter's wedding day was her dream come true!

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 Michelle A

We could not have been happier with Jonathan as our wedding DJ! I had been to a couple of weddings where the DJ's were less than great and had forgotten names of the wedding party, played the wrong songs, etc. so I was a little nervous about picking the right one. From the... Read More beginning, Jonathan was so interested in learning more about us and making sure he knew what we wanted for our evening. My husband and I wanted our first dance song to be a mix of 2 songs and he worked hard to put together exactly what we envisioned! The entire evening went off perfectly as planned and he did an amazing job setting the mood for each part. We would highly recommend Jonathan and Split Second Sound!

Reviewed on 9/17/2016 Emily O

Bride's often say that it is "our day" and "all about me," well Vinny made it all about me. He and Julian were concerned with making sure I was having fun, that my expectations were met, and that there was no lull in dancing. I felt like the star of the show. Vinny's music... Read More choices were amazing. We had so much fun dancing! Great DJ and great guy!

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Michelle F

Split Second Sound was so fantastic to work with! I did the majority of my wedding planning from out of state, but the guys at Split Second Sound returned every question I had with either an email response or a phone call. Everything was perfect the day of the wedding. We had to... Read More make some time adjustments due to typical wedding day things and it could not have gone smoother. None of my guests knew we changed a thing. They kept the energy up and provided an amazing party for me and my guests!

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Chris M

AMAZING!! Anthony Esposito was our DJ and he was exceptional. He listened to what we were looking for and hit it perfectly. My guests are still talking about how great he and the music was. They were so impressed that he actually went to all the tables and asked if any one had... Read More any request. We couldn't of done any better! Thank you Anthony and Split Second Sound for an amazing wedding!! My husband and I are so happy we had you to make our day the very best! You have to pick them for your next event!

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Christen R

We LOVED SSS. We were assigned DJ Mike City, who was phenomenal! Our guests had SO much fun! Split Second Sound can fit into any type of wedding; everything was so customized. We had a lot of songs we wanted to make sure were played and they got them all in! Mike was also... Read More so great about being very attentive to us (bride/groom). He kept an eye out for little cues by us and didn't miss one! He really did a fantastic job! Couldn't have asked for a better experience!!

Reviewed on 9/02/2016 Jazman L

We would like to thank the staff & DJ Mike at Split Second Sound for the all around great service! You guys were a wonderful addition to our wedding! Thanks so much!

Reviewed on 8/26/2016 Jillian G

We'll start off by saying, "Wow"! These guys are the BEST in Charlotte! From the first initial meeting with Vinny we knew he was our DJ, he wasn't a salesman or even a vendor, he made us feel like we had known him forever. Split Second Sound isn't just a DJ company, they... Read More really care and they want your wedding to be an experience and they delivered! They did everything we asked for and went over and beyond to make our day amazing! The party didn't stop and Julian was great to make sure people were on the dance floor all night! I would recommend Split Second Sound to everyone ! If you want great music and a great party, hire these guys!

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Julia J

Mike Nania was our DJ for our big day. He made everything run so smooth and seamless that I didn't have to worry about one thing. Their VIP Lounge form makes it so easy to convey your taste and wants and needs that by the time we met and then when he started DJ-ing for our... Read More reception, all the music was my style and he played nothing that I would not have approved of. He had an assistant who would come out to the dance floor to keep things going and to show people how to do any certain dance. Everything about SSS is impressive. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a DJ!!!

Reviewed on 7/27/2016 Randall E

I recently was married on July 9, 2016 and Split Second Sound did not disappoint. Our head DJ was Derek and he did everything we asked and more. My husband and I both really wanted an awesome intro and Derek was so excited for it. My husband really wanted a basketball themed... Read More entrance and Derek made it perfect. Everyone was saying it was the best intro they have ever seen at a wedding and we could not have managed that without Derek. The rest of the night was just as amazing. Derek played everything we asked him to play and kept the party going all night. Everyone had a great time. I would highly recommend Split Second Sound if you are looking for the perfect DJ.

Reviewed on 7/24/2016 Brittney M

Our dance floor was NEVER empty and in fact, we needed a bigger dance floor thanks to Levar! He even rapped part of Welcome to Atlanta, our entrance song, at our request and our guests loved it! I would highly recommend Split Second Sound and their best DJ has to be Levar!... Read More Their pricing is reasonable, and they gave us discounts on lighting. The staff was responsive and helpful, and Levar met with us in advance to make sure he understood what details were important and what kind of music we love. He checked in with us at times throughout the night as well. I can't say enough good things!

Reviewed on 7/24/2016 Natalie T

Words cannot adequately do justice to what an incredible show that Split Second Sound put on at our wedding. Our DJ, Jonah Pearl, was absolutely remarkable in every sense of the word and we are tremendously grateful for his role in making it the very best day of our lives. From... Read More our very first meeting with Jonah until the very last song was played at the reception, we were treated like royalty. Jonah played the perfect songs at the perfect moments and kept the dance floor jampacked all night long just like we had hoped. Many of our friends and family have told us in the 3 weeks since the wedding that it was the best reception that they had ever been to and that the DJ was the best that they had ever seen. Split Second Sound, and Jonah Pearl in particular, are an absolute must-have for the perfect wedding day. We are beyond grateful for the wonderful job that they did for us and I would recommend Split Second Sound 10 out of 10 times to anyone and everyone.

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Sara R

Derek you were a GREAT addition to our wedding. You listened to what we wanted from exact requests to playing songs off the cuff that really fit our general music style. Your energy was amazing and you did so well keeping the timeline in order, as a matter of fact, you were... Read More like a hybrid of awesome DJ and day of planner! Thank you so much, I wouldn't change a thing! And thanks for letting me use you as an excuse to get a few minutes to myself :)

Reviewed on 7/11/2016 Hannah C

The team at Split Second Sound and my lead DJ Joey Verde were absolutely amazing! I requested to meet with Joey about two months before our wedding and he helped me plan the reception down to every minute! He also recommended songs for each of the events I was indecisive about... Read More and his choices were perfect! I had countless people come up to me at the wedding and after telling me it was the best wedding they had ever been to and they all credited how great a job Joey did! Once the dance party started, Joey kept the entire group of 170 people on the dance floor the entire night! I wish I could live this weekend over and over, and I would have SSS there every time!

Reviewed on 7/10/2016 Lucia L

Our DJ from Split Second Sound, Jonah Pearl, was outstanding. He truly made our special day memorable from the start to the finish. We were lucky enough to have Jonah serve as the DJ for my sister's wedding 4 years prior and for our wedding in June. He made such a connection... Read More with our families and friends that we felt as though he was truly celebrating us! During the planning process, he made time to meet with us and get to know us as a couple and as individuals. It was clear from the outset that Jonah wanted to make our day unbelievably special... and he did! He was vigilant at emailing back and forth with requests and answering questions. As if we weren't already in love with him, he won us over again at the reception. He made the night fun, relaxing and overall amazing. Our guests commented on Jonah's natural ability to keep the party moving and keep guests attention and dance moves! Sean and I felt loved throughout the whole evening thanks to Jonah! Our friends said that they had never been to a better wedding and we owe A TON of that praise to Jonah and Split Second Sound. To top things off, Jonah sent an extremely personal email about a week following "The Best Day Ever" to check up on us and wish us the best. The email was not scripted and even followed through the entire evening with specifics and names. Split Second Sound was truly a huge part of making our day "the best". Thank you Jonah!!!

Reviewed on 7/10/2016 Sarah H

Brad and I have been to MANY weddings and from these experiences, we know that the music can make or break the big day. It only took one meeting with Split Second Sound to know that we had our perfect DJ! We felt like "one of the family" and knew that Split Second would be part... Read More of the team in creating our dream evening. Throughout the planning process, Split Second Sound was great! The use of a virtual planning portal was excellent and allowed us to make changes just a few days out from wedding day. We were also able to add lighting to our ceremony and reception space through Split Second, which included a custom light monogram for the dance floor. Brad and I were very impressed with the selection of DJs we had to choose from and were beyond excited to book LaVar! At our meetings for the wedding, LaVar put into plan our ideas and then took them to the next level. His timing with music during our ceremony was perfection and he led our guests into a fun filled night of dancing through his amazing personality and becoming the true Master of Ceremonies. LaVar had every single guest on the dance floor singing along to great music as we partied the night away! I have to say seeing my grandmother on the dance floor with Brad's fraternity brothers is just one highlight from the evening! I can not say enough wonderful things about our DJ and am so thankful for the experience Split Second Sound provided for our guests! We are still hearing rave reviews from family and friends! Thank you to LaVar for making our wedding come to life!

Reviewed on 7/07/2016 Amber L

The best thing about my wedding day has to be the DJ! Jonny went all out to ensure that my reception went smoothly as possible. He made sure that everyone, I mean EVERYONE got on the dance floor! I was shocked to see people who never danced before, busting moves on the dance... Read More floor! I loved how Jonny made notes of what we like and that was a lot of line dancing. He and his assistant got on the dance floor and showed us the dance moves! I could not have asked for better! Every bride and groom's worst fear is that the DJ will not follow their playlist and screw up the whole vibe of the reception. Not this DJ company!! They are thorough and dependable!! I would 100% recommend split second sound!! Thank you so much for a memorable night! It was a dream come true!!

Reviewed on 7/02/2016

Great value, very professional and DJ Mike was excellent on the wedding night. He kept everyone on the dance floor (young and old) all night long. The great songs just kept coming!!!

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Kathy T

I cannot say enough about Vinny and Split Second Sound. Vinny was the DJ for the weddings for both of my girls. He was outstanding as a DJ but also wonderful to work with. He met with the couples and even though their weddings were totally different he was perfect in both... Read More events. He is such a nice person too! We would highly recommend Vinny and Split Second Sound.

Reviewed on 6/27/2016 Amy B

Split Second Sound was a great choice for the DJ for our band! They worked with us to make sure that we got the exact right package and everything that we needed to make the music great. They worked with the other vendors that we used to make sure that our wedding went smoothly,... Read More and we had nothing to worry about on our big day! Thanks to everyone at Split Second for making our wedding so great!

Vinny & Diane Esposito

Vinny Esposito, co-founder of Split Second Sound, has been providing music and entertainment as a professional DJ/MC and musician for over 30 years. Performing for the first time at a July 4th party on Long Island in 1982, Vinny worked hard to build his brand. Along with being a DJ, Vinny played guitar in regional bands, specifically “Diana” which was fronted by Diane, they owned a 24 track digital recording and rehearsal studio called Split Decision Studios and a mobile sound company. Vinny and his wife Diane moved to Charlotte in 1999 and quickly established their company as the premier DJ