Entertainment Hosts for Weddings & Events

Split Second Sound is the most referred DJ Company in the Carolinas from wedding industry professionals and past clients. We are not your typical “cookie cutter” DJ. With over 30 years experience in the industry, we have DJ’s on staff that are fluent in several languages, have experience with a variety of cultures, and years of experience. DJ’s can make or break your wedding; SSS provides the perfect match of entertainment and professionalism. Before you invite us to your special day, we invite you to our office to see first hand our process, experience past weddings, and meet the crew. We are also available by phone or Skype to show you how and why SSS breaks records each year. We would love to bring your wedding vision to life while providing the best quality service! - Vinny and Diane

Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Pop, R&B, Rock, African, Arabic, Bollywood, Indian, Latin, Persian

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Planning, Audio/Visual Equipment

2220 Westinghouse Blvd, Unit 404, Charlotte, NC (704) 907-9507

Best DJ Company in the State!

Reviewed on 12/10/2014 Hannah D

When I first booked Split Second Sound, I was a little hesitant. When I dreamt of my wedding day, I always imagined I would have a band. After several recommendations and an initial meeting with Vinny, the founder and owner, I knew I made the right decision. Vinny and his... Read More staff are professional, fun and absolutely brilliant at what they do. He communicated with me clearly and effectively through my engagement and called me a week before the big day to confirm all the details. I had one request for Vinny... coming from a small town, I was concerned that out-of-town guests would be uncomfortable dancing. I had an image of an empty dance floor with people blankly staring at each other as club music roared in the background. I couldn't have been more wrong. Vinny kept people on their feet from start to finish, playing everything from funk to Top 40 hits! People were dancing, laughing and having an absolutely blast. One month later and people are still raving about what a party the wedding was. But what's best about Vinny and Split Second Sound is that they make the wedding day effortless. They made sure that my husband and I, along with our wedding party, knew exactly where to be and when so we didn't have to stress over details and timelines. If you're considering booking Split Second Sound, do so immediately! I guarantee you won't be disappointed. They are hands down the best DJ professionals in Charlotte, and probably the state.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Kristen P

When we started planning for our wedding reception, we knew that good music was a key component to having the fun family party that we envisioned.  Choosing a DJ that could get the night going and keep up the energy was important and Split Second Sound exceeded our expectations... Read More in every way. The process started with an introduction call with the company owner, Vinnie.  He walked us through the Split Second philosophy, planning process, and contracts.  After signing the contract, we had access to an online planning platform that allowed us to create a timeline for the evening and choose music that fit our vision.  We had check in calls with the team at Split Second Sound to make sure we didn't have any questions or additional needs. Payments were handled professionally and the process was very easy.  The week of our wedding, we spent time with our DJ, Jonny, who helped us finalize a timeline that would keep things moving so the evening would keep building up to a dance floor filled with friends and family. The day of the wedding, Jonny delivered.  We don't just mean played some good music, kept us on schedule...this was top-of-the-line service that went above and beyond what we imagined.  Jonny and his assistant talked with our family and friends during dinner service to get their requests.  He kept special dances, cake cutting, toasts, and other special touches on schedule so that our guests had lots of time to dance.  Once everyone was up, most people did not sit down!  The party was going so strong, that we decided to extend our contract by an extra hour, which was extremely easy to do in the moment. It has been more than a month since our wedding and our guests are still talking about that night.  "The most fun wedding we have EVER attended," "The BEST music," and "I think I am STILL recovering from dancing" are all common phrases from our family and friends.  We have Jonny and Split Second Sound to thank for this! Brides and Grooms, if you want a company that will help you create YOUR perfect evening, look no further.  Split Second Sound will deliver from the first phone call through the follow up after your big day. --Jim & Kristen, married September 17, 2016

Exceptional Entertainment

Reviewed on 4/04/2014 Michael S

Split Second Sound was recommended by a family friend for my daughters wedding. I must say that it was spot on a great recommendation. We met with Vinny the owner and discussed our requirements. Vinny chose Jonah to be our DJ, but Jonah was more than that, he was an... Read More entertainer and kept the party rolling all night. SSS has a very good process. They have an online form the client can utilize to document song choices, wedding party names and roles as well as phonetic spelling of the names to ensure correcct pronunciation. Jonah also met personally with the bride and groom shortly before the wedding to finalize the agenda. Jonah was the emcee for the evening and everything went like clockwork. I was told he is the most requested entertainer, and I can see why. The DJ can either make or break your event, choosing Split Second Sound will be one of the best vendor decisions you can make.

Reviewed on 11/17/2017 Brandi W

SSS was the best decision we made for our wedding!!! Joey and Clifford were amazing and did a great job with time management. And most importantly, they kept everyone on the dance floor all night! There was never a time during the reception the dance floor wasn't packed. Stop... Read More looking for a DJ now and go ahead and book SSS. You will not be disappointed and I promise it will be the best and easiest decision you make for you wedding.

Reviewed on 11/16/2017 Tia S

Split Second Sound was amazing for our wedding! Even before we officially booked our wedding with them they were very organized and professional. We attended one of their open house nights where we were able to meet some of the DJ's and learn more about the way the company... Read More operates to make your wedding day perfect. After that, I knew SSS was the right DJ company to book with. We had DJ Anthony and he was wonderful to work with. He did our ceremony and reception music and he even edited a song for our ceremony. The music genres played were a perfect mix for all ages and everyone was on the dance floor all night long! Thank you SSS and DJ Anthony for helping make our wedding day unforgettable!

Reviewed on 11/16/2017 Stephanie L

We had such a great time at our wedding, and a big part of that was your team! You guys played a ton of the songs we asked for, thank you! Your team also kept the dance floor moving the entire night. There is nothing worse than a wedding with no one dancing, and the floor was... Read More full all night! We had so many people tell us that our DJ's were awesome, and that's a big deal! I wanted out wedding to be fun and lively and it was just that. Thank you for keeping the party going and being so organized. Everything went as planned, it could not have gone any better. I highly recommend Split Second Sound, and specifically Mike Nania, for a wedding or event. You guys exceeded my expectations!

Reviewed on 11/15/2017 Joelle J

DJ Steve and Abby were better than we could have imagined. Our reception lasted 7 hours and Steve and Abby kept everyone entertained the entire time. Steve has a lot of experience as a DJ and gave us a great timeline of events for the reception. He worked with venue and... Read More photographer to make sure everything went as smoothly as possible. We met with him about two weeks before the big day to discuss what music we like and what we did not want played.

Reviewed on 11/15/2017 Rebecca D

Jonah and Split Second Sound were without a doubt one of the best choices we made during our wedding planning process. Not only is Jonah personable and knowledgeable but he knew exactly what he was doing and what we wanted just by asking us a few questions. All of our guest... Read More raved about how much fun they had on the dance floor. Thank you Jonah for making our wedding reception one we will never forget! You rocked it!

Reviewed on 11/13/2017 Samantha R

Split Second Sound came highly recommended by a variety of our wedding vendors and personal friends. My husband and I were very impressed by the information session provided by Split Second Sound and the professionalism of the owner and DJs present. We knew we wanted to invest... Read More in the atmosphere of our reception and so we did! Our DJ, Mike City, and MC were great! Mike was receptive to questions/concerns as well as helpful when solidifying our wedding timeline. I never had to worry about this aspect of wedding; that says so much all by itself!

Reviewed on 11/13/2017 Madison M

I can't say enough about Split Second Sound. LeVar was our DJ and he knocked it out of the park! Exceeded my expectations in so many ways. He read the crowd and knew exactly what to play throughout the night. We got tons of compliments on the DJ. Trust me, it's the best money... Read More you will spend on your wedding.

Reviewed on 11/08/2017 Lauren S

Absolutely amazing! There truly aren't enough ways for me to describe how awesome Split Second Sound is! From our very first meeting everyone we came in contact with was personable and helpful. Our DJ Giovanni took the time to really get to know us as a couple, hear out what... Read More kind of feel and atmosphere we wanted to create and of course get to know our taste in music. Not only did we use Split Second Sound for our music needs (Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, & Reception) but we also utilized their Concierge service for our Day-of-Coordinator needs. Tracy was our Coordinator and she was equally amazing! I was a pretty hands on bride and so Tracy was right there every step of the way for during the final stretch to ensure that the day went according to plan and as close to perfection as we could get! This is certainly a high quality and high end vendor with affordable packages, all of which are absolutely worth the investment for your big day!!

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Jenna H

Split second sound was one of the easiest choices we made while wedding planning. Their entire team is so knowledgeable and organized that we instantly felt at ease. Our DJ, Charlie, did a fantastic job of creating a set list that had something for everything. My legs were sore... Read More for several days from the endless dancing! We also worked with Rachel from Split Second as our day-of-coordinator. She is so organized and kept the day running smoothly. We cannot thank her enough for all of the details she took care of - I felt like a guest at my own wedding! I couldn't have asked for better people to work with recommend them both to any and every couple!

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 Caroline M

Charlie, our DJ for our wedding was absolutely amazing. He was professional, kind and kept the party going the whole night. He made the night go by so smoothly and was able to have a wide range of ages enjoy the party all night. Everyone commented on how great the music was. He... Read More listened to all of our wants and needs and I honestly could not have asked for a better experience. my husband and I are really picky about music and had a clear vision of what we wanted and Charlie was able to make that happen. I didn't have one worry the evening of my wedding and was able to just dance with friends and family all night. I couldn't ask for anything else!!! Thank you Charlie and the whole team at SSS for making our wedding so perfect!

Reviewed on 11/05/2017 Collin B

We were married at Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden on the 9th of September. My husband Collin and I had recently been to several weddings and felt like we had a pretty good idea of what we were looking for in a DJ. Split second sound (SSS) went above and beyond anything we could... Read More have imagined. We got to meet most of the SSS team and mingle with each DJ to get a sense of their style. We were lucky enough to be paired with Jonah who took the time to meet with us a few weeks prior to the wedding to talk about our musical likes and dislikes, details about how we met, and to review timelines. We already knew our wedding was gonna be a great day, but I couldn't wait for the big day after we met the Jonah. Daziah (Jonah's assistant DJ) and Jonah were absolutely awesome!! Everyone at the wedding was on the dance floor and there was never a lull. I had made reference to a song in my vows and Jonah played it at the very end of the night while guests were getting hooked up with sparklers. He made the whole day that much more special. We can't thank Jonah and Daziah enough for everything.

Reviewed on 11/02/2017 Valerie F

Split Second Sound was great with us from the first meeting we had with them. They agreed to travel outside of Charlotte for our wedding. It definitely felt like SSS was catering to our style, our guests, and the idea we had in mind for a great reception. We had a mix of... Read More bi-lingual guests, and wanted our DJ to be familiar with Spanish music just as much as English. We were assured that Gio would be the right fit; and he was! He took care of our ceremony music as well as our reception. Gio was also very attentive to our timeline and made sure everything was on schedule! Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Katarina T

Split Second Sound did not disappoint. We booked them because they DJ-ed my sister in law’s wedding 2 years ago and I just remember having the greatest time. We had Chris & Corey and they were amazing. Very professional and definitely knew what they were doing. Our event staff... Read More at our venue was less than helpful and Chris knew exactly what to do and say to make everything okay. When it came time for the cake cutting, he even coached my fiancé and I about how to cut the cake ! I was so impressed! They definitely rolled with the punches and made our wedding reception AMAZING. I would absolutely recommend this company - everyone keeps asking who DJ-ed our event. Thank you guys so much for everything.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Samantha S

We cannot say enough how amazing SSS was! Our DJ Jonah was top notch and made sure our big day went off without a hitch!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Crystal W

Split Second Sound did an amazing job as the DJ for our wedding. Charlie took the time to meet with us to see how we wanted the reception to go. Everyone was dancing during the reception and having fun! There was a lot of interaction between the DJ and guests.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Jamie F

Amazing! Music has always been a big deal for my Dad and I so when I got engaged and we started planning my wedding, my Dad said, "we have to get the best DJ." A friend recommended Split Second South and after my husband and I had a call with Vinny, it was a done deal. DJ Jonny... Read More and Ben were so awesome. Weeks after our wedding, people were still talking about how awesome our DJs were. They are so professional, caring, and go above and beyond to make sure you are happy. From surveys to calls, you name it, they went that far to make sure we were taken care of. Then, they brought it and our dance floor was packed all night long. Thank you, Jonny and Ben, for being so AWESOME!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Ashley C

Chris and his assistant were great! I am so thankful for them. They even helped my bartenders when they couldn't find what they were looking for! I would recommend them to everyone! What a wonderful and easy experience.

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Haley Y

I cannot say enough good things bout Split Second Sound, and about Jonah Pearl in particular! Jonah and his awesome assistant Desire were seriously so amazing! They made every transition from dinner, to toasts, to dancing, to the end of the night go so smoothly for our guest. As... Read More soon as it was dancing time, Jonah was bringing such a fun atmosphere and Desire was literally out on the floor getting people to dance. At one point they were both dancing with our guests to the electric slide. Our wedding reception was so much fun and I truly think that so much of that was thanks to Jonah and Desire. We had multiple guests come up and tell us that our DJ was so good at his job and that our playlist was amazing. Even leading up to the event Jonah never rushed us and was so pleasant when planning out our music for the evening. My fiancé and I immediately hit it off with him and he never did disappoint. My wedding planner told me Jonah was one of the best and she was 100% correct. I would recommend SSS to anyone! We can't thank them enough for making our wedding so much fun!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Julie K

We booked SSS after having a great time at a friend’s wedding with DJ Vinny and we were not disappointed! DJ Mike City was awesome to work with and the entire company is extremely professional. Everything from the consultation at SSS’s office to planning the wedding night with... Read More their scheduling templates and calls with DJ Mike City through the event itself was seamless! Our guests were dancing the entire time and we received countless compliments on the DJ and music selection. SSS is definetly money well spent and highly recommended in our book!

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 Lisa L

Our DJ was awesome!! He had everyone on the dance floor!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Meg V

We had. Phenomenal experience with SSS for our wedding this September. Jonah was our DJ and he was super easy to work with, and great about listening to everything that we wanted for our wedding day. Everyone at the company was extremely friendly and pleasant, and I would... Read More absolutely recommend them to any bride in the Charlotte area.

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Veronica K

My husband and I were blown away by Charlie Esparza and his assistant! They far exceeded our expectations! The music was exactly what we were looking for and every single one of our guests told us how great they were and how much fun they had! Our biggest concern for our wedding... Read More was the DJ and Charlie and his assistant did not disappoint! Thank you so much for making our wedding the best day ever!

Vinny & Diane Esposito

Vinny and Diane moved to Charlotte in 1999 and quickly established their company as the premier DJ company in the area writing a record breaking 1032 events in 2016 (465 being weddings) . Starting with 3 DJs on staff entertaining 40 events in 2002, Split now employs over 45 of the most talented MC/DJ Entertainers in the business. Split Second Sound embodies family and values. All of our DJ’s are a part of a family team as several exclusive DJ’s have been with SSS for up to 15 years.