Entertainment Hosts for Weddings & Events

Split Second Sound is the most referred DJ Company in the Carolinas from wedding industry professionals and past clients. We are not your typical “cookie cutter” DJ. With over 30 years experience in the industry, we have DJ’s on staff that are fluent in several languages, have experience with a variety of cultures, and years of experience. DJ’s can make or break your wedding; SSS provides the perfect match of entertainment and professionalism. Before you invite us to your special day, we invite you to our office to see first hand our process, experience past weddings, and meet the crew. We are also available by phone or Skype to show you how and why SSS breaks records each year. We would love to bring your wedding vision to life while providing the best quality service! - Vinny and Diane

Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Pop, R&B, Rock, African, Arabic, Bollywood, Indian, Latin, Persian

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Planning, Audio/Visual Equipment

2220 Westinghouse Blvd, Unit 404, Charlotte, NC (704) 907-9507

Best DJ Company in the State!

Reviewed on 12/10/2014 Hannah D

When I first booked Split Second Sound, I was a little hesitant. When I dreamt of my wedding day, I always imagined I would have a band. After several recommendations and an initial meeting with Vinny, the founder and owner, I knew I made the right decision. Vinny and his... Read More staff are professional, fun and absolutely brilliant at what they do. He communicated with me clearly and effectively through my engagement and called me a week before the big day to confirm all the details. I had one request for Vinny... coming from a small town, I was concerned that out-of-town guests would be uncomfortable dancing. I had an image of an empty dance floor with people blankly staring at each other as club music roared in the background. I couldn't have been more wrong. Vinny kept people on their feet from start to finish, playing everything from funk to Top 40 hits! People were dancing, laughing and having an absolutely blast. One month later and people are still raving about what a party the wedding was. But what's best about Vinny and Split Second Sound is that they make the wedding day effortless. They made sure that my husband and I, along with our wedding party, knew exactly where to be and when so we didn't have to stress over details and timelines. If you're considering booking Split Second Sound, do so immediately! I guarantee you won't be disappointed. They are hands down the best DJ professionals in Charlotte, and probably the state.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Kristen P

When we started planning for our wedding reception, we knew that good music was a key component to having the fun family party that we envisioned.  Choosing a DJ that could get the night going and keep up the energy was important and Split Second Sound exceeded our expectations... Read More in every way. The process started with an introduction call with the company owner, Vinnie.  He walked us through the Split Second philosophy, planning process, and contracts.  After signing the contract, we had access to an online planning platform that allowed us to create a timeline for the evening and choose music that fit our vision.  We had check in calls with the team at Split Second Sound to make sure we didn't have any questions or additional needs. Payments were handled professionally and the process was very easy.  The week of our wedding, we spent time with our DJ, Jonny, who helped us finalize a timeline that would keep things moving so the evening would keep building up to a dance floor filled with friends and family. The day of the wedding, Jonny delivered.  We don't just mean played some good music, kept us on schedule...this was top-of-the-line service that went above and beyond what we imagined.  Jonny and his assistant talked with our family and friends during dinner service to get their requests.  He kept special dances, cake cutting, toasts, and other special touches on schedule so that our guests had lots of time to dance.  Once everyone was up, most people did not sit down!  The party was going so strong, that we decided to extend our contract by an extra hour, which was extremely easy to do in the moment. It has been more than a month since our wedding and our guests are still talking about that night.  "The most fun wedding we have EVER attended," "The BEST music," and "I think I am STILL recovering from dancing" are all common phrases from our family and friends.  We have Jonny and Split Second Sound to thank for this! Brides and Grooms, if you want a company that will help you create YOUR perfect evening, look no further.  Split Second Sound will deliver from the first phone call through the follow up after your big day. --Jim & Kristen, married September 17, 2016

Exceptional Entertainment

Reviewed on 4/04/2014 Michael S

Split Second Sound was recommended by a family friend for my daughters wedding. I must say that it was spot on a great recommendation. We met with Vinny the owner and discussed our requirements. Vinny chose Jonah to be our DJ, but Jonah was more than that, he was an... Read More entertainer and kept the party rolling all night. SSS has a very good process. They have an online form the client can utilize to document song choices, wedding party names and roles as well as phonetic spelling of the names to ensure correcct pronunciation. Jonah also met personally with the bride and groom shortly before the wedding to finalize the agenda. Jonah was the emcee for the evening and everything went like clockwork. I was told he is the most requested entertainer, and I can see why. The DJ can either make or break your event, choosing Split Second Sound will be one of the best vendor decisions you can make.

Reviewed on 1/17/2017 Meredith F

From inquiry to party time, Split Second Sound was the most excellent choice for our big day. Vinny provided great comfort and expertise from the initial setup and everyone at the office was super responsive to emails and any questions we had. DJ Jonah truly made our wedding a... Read More success with his assistance from the officiant sound for ceremony, appropriate and fun selections for cocktail and dinner music, then he 100% fulfilled our wishes for the reception atmosphere and tunes. Jonah even braced the winter weather in Charlotte on Jan. 7, 2017 to get to the venue when a lot of our family wasn't able to make it. We are so thankful for his patience while we worked out the event timeline. His understanding of what is needed and when is remarkable. My husband and I are both professional musicians, so we had an extremely selective Must Playlist and Do Not Playlist and Jonah was very receptive, listened and delivered on every request and then some. Our wedding was only around 50 people, but made it feel like the biggest party ever! He wasn't cheesy and that was our main issue with most DJ companies. Needless to say, our standards were high and this company and especially Jonah surpassed all of our wishes! Thank you to Vinny, Jonah, and the whole Split Second team for providing a flawless and unforgettable experience!

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 Whitney C

We hired Split Second Sound to perform the music at our ceremony for our December 17th wedding. We were having trouble finding live musicians to play outside so I reached out to the team at SSS. They were very professional and open minded to what we wanted for our ceremony. They... Read More put me at ease throughout the process. Our DJ arrived early, set up out of sight from the photographers, and was extremely professional. I was also so grateful that they were able to provide a "ceremony only" service as we already had a band hired for the reception. I would recommend them for any and all of your event needs!

Reviewed on 1/08/2017 Kristin W

Jonah at Split Second Sound single-handedly made our reception more fun than we could have imagined. He had everyone, young and old, on the dance floor the entire night. Split Second Sound is a step above the rest. Their professionalism is second to none and they were super... Read More accommodating, meeting us after work hours. Jonah even met us at a coffee shop near our house for convenience. I highly recommend this group of professionals.

Reviewed on 1/06/2017

I planned my event at the last minute and Split Second Sound was able to make adjustments and accommodate my event. The staff is very responsive and a pleasure to work with. The DJ was over the top! He played the exact style of music that was requested. When I was on the... Read More dance floor, he played my list of songs each time. Derek was awesome! I will definitely use Slit Second Sound again and specifically request Derek! He knows how to provide a true dance party!

Reviewed on 1/05/2017 Cambria L

Most Amazing Entertainers in the Queen City! Split Second Sound was better than I could have ever imagined for my wedding. Every detail was on point, every song was thought out perfectly, the DJs were exceptional, and the atmosphere was so amazing! This company went above and... Read More beyond everything that I asked for and it was the best day of my life and I know everyone at the wedding thoroughly enjoyed dancing the night away! Thank you so much Vinnie, Jonah, and "the hype man" for giving us the most memorable night ever!

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Katelyn S

We had Derek for our New Years Eve wedding and we would recommend him to everyone! He was super nice and was very good at accommodating our needs and keeping the crowd engaged! He was easy to deal with and made sure the night moved along smoothly and on time.

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Victoria Y

Love love love! The DJ for my wedding was Mike Nania aka DJ Mike City and he was fantastic. My husband and I were in constant communication with SSS and they were very quick to respond to all our inquiries. DJ Mike City played the best playlist and was also very consultative... Read More in the song selection. This company really is wonderful and went above and beyond in ensuring my special day was memorable!

Reviewed on 12/17/2016 Sabrina K

I had the best experience with Derek! He was so helpful with planning everything and he was very involved. I loved how upbeat he was and how nice he was to our guest. I love split second sound! I would recommend them to everyone.

Reviewed on 12/15/2016 Victoria G

We had a fantastic experience with our awesome DJ Jonah and Split Second Sound! Jonah went above and beyond to make sure our wedding day was perfect! We had to change venues at the last minute, and Jonah didn't miss a beat with any of the changes and updates. He kept everything... Read More moving smoothly, from the ceremony music, to cocktail hour, to reception introductions, music selections, and even helping us with the sparkler exit. Jonah was helpful throughout the process, offering great suggestions via phone and email for us to use throughout the ceremony and reception, even throwing out an intro song for our dog to join us on the dance floor (because we're those people! :) ). He kept the dance floor moving and did an expert job keeping the reception flowing, despite last minute changes. No one would know, and Jonah was the consummate professional! Our friends were so impressed by Jonah - he even checked in with every table to ask about their song requests, which was a great idea and ensured everyone made it to the dance floor! We are absolutely thrilled with our decision to use SSS! I would whole-heartedly recommend them to anyone planning an event! Many thanks for a fun evening on a packed dance floor, and a special thank you to Jonah who made sure everything went off without a hitch! He is the BEST!

Reviewed on 12/14/2016 Latoya H

One of our concerns when picking a DJ in Charlotte was they can accommodate us by playing music from our West Indian cultures and know the difference between Dance Hall and Soca. Luckily we had DJ Mike Nania. Everyone had a good time and mentioned how he played songs they... Read More haven't heard in awhile. Someone even said how the DJ probably does "black weddings" all the time....lol! If you want to incorporate the perfect soundtrack to your life, go with Split Second Sound, its worth it!

Reviewed on 12/02/2016 Kaleigh D

We could not have asked for a better DJ for our wedding! From the beginning when we had our consultation, we felt like this was the right choice, all questions we had about their service was answered that day. Roger was so nice and he even suggested that we meet before the... Read More wedding to ensure that he had an idea of how I wanted the day to go. We even had a phone conversation a week before the wedding to nail down the final details. Everyone danced the entire night until time to leave. I am so pleased with their service and I would recommend them to anyone getting married.

Reviewed on 12/01/2016 Lisa W

We were so happy that we picked Split Second Sound as our DJ! The DJ they picked to do our wedding was named Jonny and he was perfect. He did everything we asked for and nailed the 'vibe' we wanted perfectly. We danced all night long and his timing with the music was perfect.... Read More Even our guests told us how much they liked Jonny. We wanted a blue grass/johnny cash vibe during our cocktail hour and it was perfect. I feel like Split Second did a great job at assigning Jonny to be our DJ. We danced the night away!

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Tammy T

The Split Second Sound team is awesome! Rasheed was our DJ and he kept our guess on the dance floor! He was great to work with and took request. These guys really are the best!

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Melanie H

Roger was our DJ for our wedding back in Sepetember and did an awesome job! He provided awesome music and was so great to work with. His sound system sounded great in our venue and he also set up a mic and speaker system for our actual ceremony. Everyone could hear well and we... Read More were so happy with the way it turned out. Can't speak highly enough about Roger and Split Second!

Reviewed on 11/26/2016 Lindsay S

Our DJ, Rasheed, was not only PHENOMENAL but truly went above and beyond to make our day unforgettable!! We met face to face while we were in town the week before and got to discuss the flow and timeline, he made us a mix of our recession songs for the rehearsal and was... Read More constantly reachable for any last minute questions. On the day of he was truly self-sufficient...didn't require anything from us to set up and get the party started. I cannot tell you how good of a job keeping the party going Rasheed did. The dance floor was packed the entire night, we have epic pictures of Rasheed dancing with my grandmother and all of our guests! It was truly a once and a lifetime experience. The DJ / music in general, can make or break your event and Rasheed made our entire night!!! Thank you for the amazing memories...they'll last a lifetime!

Reviewed on 11/19/2016 Marti H

When my husband I started planning our 10/22/2016 wedding I asked around my office for recommendations for a DJ. I asked 10 people and got 10 responses of "Split Second Sound - you will not regret it!" And I am here to tell you that I did not regret it. Anthony and Mahlon... Read More knocked it out of the ballpark. Everyone is still talking about the music at our wedding. Anthony listened to all of the ideas and thoughts that we had and ran with it. From walking down the aisle to "Concerning Hobbits" to "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" at the end of the night. It was musically perfect. It was as if we were running the music ourselves. The guy also stepped in when we had a small emergency and really held the event and timeline together. Just WOW! Thank you Split Second Sound, Anthony, and Mahlon...you made our day so fantastic. Marti and BJ Hinson #hinsoneverafter

Reviewed on 11/19/2016 Jessica G

Split Second Sound all the way!! There is no question when looking for a DJ or MC YOU HAVE TO go with this company. My wedding planner and venue coordinator HIGHLY recommended them from the beginning. You won't read one bad review on this company! When I went to meet with them... Read More they made you feel comfortable and showed you how much experience they had. These guys are PROFESSIONALS- they know how to start and keep a party going. We had Mike as our DJ/MC and he was AMAZING. We were in a venue where there was a separate rooms for dinner and dancing and he kept the night flowing and directed the people with ease. He listened to what music we liked and didn't like and kept a full dance floor the entire night!! My photographer said she has never seen anything like what he did! I attended another Split Second Sound wedding this year and it was THE EXACT SAME WAY. Full dance floor- the entire night! Trust me. This company is the easiest decision you'll make wedding planning.

Reviewed on 11/11/2016 Janessa J

Paul did such an amazing job at our wedding! He made it such a wonderful atmosphere and people raved about the music over and over - it just couldn't have been any better. He catered to our every request, even those of our guests, and worked so hard to do a great job. He kept... Read More the crowd dancing and the energy going all night long and we are so very grateful for his help in creating the night of our dreams. We honestly couldn't have asked for a more perfect DJ! Definitely recommend Paul & Split Second Sound!

Reviewed on 11/11/2016 Amrita D

When I hired Split Second Sound for my 300+ Indian wedding, I knew I was in good hands. They knew exactly what to play and had all of the Indian music we had requested ready to go for a fun night of dancing. There was never a dull moment, and Joey Verde made my wedding the... Read More perfect night. The details that were included were awesome, and they really make you feel at ease and that they know what they are doing-that's not always the case with DJs, especially some Indian ones. I may not have been the easiest bride to deal with during the reception, as people kept telling me to tell the DJ to put something else on or play that song again, but Joey took it all in stride because he wants you to have a great time at your wedding, and he succeeded. They did an amazing job, and I would recommend them to anyone that's getting married, or just wants to have a great dance party. Thanks Joey and Split Second Sound!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Stephanie W

Split second sound is a class act! Perfect vendor, phenominal matching process with DJ's and wedding needs for sound. Rasheed was our dj and he was so amazing! We have had numerous compliments on the music!!! Everyone knows the music will make or break an event and he had... Read More everyone on the dance floor! The vibe throughout the evening was amazing!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Kendra C

We could not have asked for a better DJ for our wedding! The music was one of the most important things to us as we wanted our guests to have fun and stay out on the dance floor. LeVar was AMAZING. He spoke with my husband and I before our wedding to get an idea of what kind... Read More of music we like and our personalities and tailored the music list to our style. We were having so much fun that we bypassed the bubble exit we had planned so we could have 15 extra minutes to dance! Would 100% recommend! Ask for LeVar!

Reviewed on 11/05/2016 Pietrina B

If I can give 100 stars I would! We went with Split Second Siund for our wedding on Oct. 1, 2016 and we are so happy we did! Joey (our Dj) was amazing! He did an amazing job keeping the party going and merging two cultures (Italian and American)! He is professional and does a... Read More great job! We had so much fun! Also! SSS was affordable and their online form made it so easy to stay organized! I promise you will not be disappointed if you went with them! They definitely exceeded our expectations!!

Vinny & Diane Esposito

Vinny and Diane moved to Charlotte in 1999 and quickly established their company as the premier DJ company in the area writing a record breaking 1032 events in 2016 (465 being weddings) . Starting with 3 DJs on staff entertaining 40 events in 2002, Split now employs over 45 of the most talented MC/DJ Entertainers in the business. Split Second Sound embodies family and values. All of our DJ’s are a part of a family team as several exclusive DJ’s have been with SSS for up to 15 years.

Start a Conversation!