Entertainment Hosts for Weddings & Events

Split Second Sound is the most referred DJ Company in the Carolinas from wedding industry professionals and past clients. We are not your typical “cookie cutter” DJ. With over 30 years experience in the industry, we have DJ’s on staff that are fluent in several languages, have experience with a variety of cultures, and years of experience. DJ’s can make or break your wedding; SSS provides the perfect match of entertainment and professionalism. Before you invite us to your special day, we invite you to our office to see first hand our process, experience past weddings, and meet the crew. We are also available by phone or Skype to show you how and why SSS breaks records each year. We would love to bring your wedding vision to life while providing the best quality service! - Vinny and Diane

Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Pop, R&B, Rock, African, Arabic, Bollywood, Indian, Latin, Persian

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Planning, Audio/Visual Equipment

2220 Westinghouse Blvd, Unit 404, Charlotte, NC (704) 907-9507

Best DJ Company in the State!

Reviewed on 12/10/2014 Hannah D

When I first booked Split Second Sound, I was a little hesitant. When I dreamt of my wedding day, I always imagined I would have a band. After several recommendations and an initial meeting with Vinny, the founder and owner, I knew I made the right decision. Vinny and his... Read More staff are professional, fun and absolutely brilliant at what they do. He communicated with me clearly and effectively through my engagement and called me a week before the big day to confirm all the details. I had one request for Vinny... coming from a small town, I was concerned that out-of-town guests would be uncomfortable dancing. I had an image of an empty dance floor with people blankly staring at each other as club music roared in the background. I couldn't have been more wrong. Vinny kept people on their feet from start to finish, playing everything from funk to Top 40 hits! People were dancing, laughing and having an absolutely blast. One month later and people are still raving about what a party the wedding was. But what's best about Vinny and Split Second Sound is that they make the wedding day effortless. They made sure that my husband and I, along with our wedding party, knew exactly where to be and when so we didn't have to stress over details and timelines. If you're considering booking Split Second Sound, do so immediately! I guarantee you won't be disappointed. They are hands down the best DJ professionals in Charlotte, and probably the state.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Kristen P

When we started planning for our wedding reception, we knew that good music was a key component to having the fun family party that we envisioned.  Choosing a DJ that could get the night going and keep up the energy was important and Split Second Sound exceeded our expectations... Read More in every way. The process started with an introduction call with the company owner, Vinnie.  He walked us through the Split Second philosophy, planning process, and contracts.  After signing the contract, we had access to an online planning platform that allowed us to create a timeline for the evening and choose music that fit our vision.  We had check in calls with the team at Split Second Sound to make sure we didn't have any questions or additional needs. Payments were handled professionally and the process was very easy.  The week of our wedding, we spent time with our DJ, Jonny, who helped us finalize a timeline that would keep things moving so the evening would keep building up to a dance floor filled with friends and family. The day of the wedding, Jonny delivered.  We don't just mean played some good music, kept us on schedule...this was top-of-the-line service that went above and beyond what we imagined.  Jonny and his assistant talked with our family and friends during dinner service to get their requests.  He kept special dances, cake cutting, toasts, and other special touches on schedule so that our guests had lots of time to dance.  Once everyone was up, most people did not sit down!  The party was going so strong, that we decided to extend our contract by an extra hour, which was extremely easy to do in the moment. It has been more than a month since our wedding and our guests are still talking about that night.  "The most fun wedding we have EVER attended," "The BEST music," and "I think I am STILL recovering from dancing" are all common phrases from our family and friends.  We have Jonny and Split Second Sound to thank for this! Brides and Grooms, if you want a company that will help you create YOUR perfect evening, look no further.  Split Second Sound will deliver from the first phone call through the follow up after your big day. --Jim & Kristen, married September 17, 2016

Exceptional Entertainment

Reviewed on 4/04/2014 Michael S

Split Second Sound was recommended by a family friend for my daughters wedding. I must say that it was spot on a great recommendation. We met with Vinny the owner and discussed our requirements. Vinny chose Jonah to be our DJ, but Jonah was more than that, he was an... Read More entertainer and kept the party rolling all night. SSS has a very good process. They have an online form the client can utilize to document song choices, wedding party names and roles as well as phonetic spelling of the names to ensure correcct pronunciation. Jonah also met personally with the bride and groom shortly before the wedding to finalize the agenda. Jonah was the emcee for the evening and everything went like clockwork. I was told he is the most requested entertainer, and I can see why. The DJ can either make or break your event, choosing Split Second Sound will be one of the best vendor decisions you can make.

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Jennifer H

We had the best experience with Split Second Sound! Our DJs were JD and Roger and they were fun and played everything we wanted them to play and kept the guests on the dance floor! I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a DJ! They were very professional and helpful... Read More throughout the entire process!

Reviewed on 4/22/2017 Tye R

Our wedding was on 4/1/17 and I'm so glad we booked Spit Second Sound. I met DJ Eric at a bridal show and instantly knew I wanted this company to provide entertainment for our special day. They provided ceremony music in addition to entertainment for our reception. Prices were... Read More reasonable (we were on a strict budget). They were extremely easy to work with. They made SURE we were a guest at our wedding. They made sure to customize the music to our every desire. We couldn't have asked for a better package and DJ. Thanks Eric & Rashaad!!!! Job well done :)

Reviewed on 4/19/2017 Kim F

Split Second Sound was wonderful to work with for our wedding reception. They were professional, friendly and played all the music requested as well as selecting music that was a great fit for keeping our guests happy and dancing. We highly recommend Split Second Sound!

Reviewed on 4/19/2017 Danielle K

5 STAR MC/DJ/Entertainers! Split Second Sound made it so easy to plan my wedding reception entertainment from long distance, through phone and their online system! They also offer a variety of packages that help their clients choose options within their price range/budget.... Read More LeVar, Lead MC/DJ, and Andre, Party Motivator (aka "Hype Man"), were AWESOME and perfectly executed the vision and vibes we wanted for our celebration! I now couldn't imagine our night without them!

Reviewed on 4/18/2017 Lori L

Book this company! You will not be sorry! We booked Split Second Sound for our wedding because they had such good reviews, but our DJ (Roger) exceeded our expectations. He was easy to work with, both during the planning phase and on our wedding day. He knew exactly what type... Read More of music to play for each part of the event, and his choices couldn't have been more perfect. Our guests were on the dance floor having a blast, and several people commented on how good the DJ was at keeping the mood festive. If you want to have someone who listens and can create exactly the mood you want for your event, talk to the folks at Split Second Sound. They are awesome!

Reviewed on 4/13/2017 Meredith B

When I booked split second sound I was very excited! My husband and I wanted a fun atmosphere for our guests and DJ Barry did just that! He was very flexible communicating with us ( we live in Florida and were planning the wedding in North Carolina) and offered great... Read More suggestions. He totally gave us the vibe we wanted throughout our reception!

Reviewed on 4/13/2017 Brandy R

I was so pleased with Split Second Sound from the minute I chose them to do our wedding. Our DJ Derek, went above and beyond to make sure that everything went perfectly. He assisted me with music selections, creating a time line for the flow of our reception and sending... Read More text/emails to ensure we had all of our bases covered. He made sure that everything went perfectly. His energy and personality were the perfect fit to get the crowd involved and on the dance floor. I would HIGHLY recommend using SSS for your wedding. They're AMAZING! :)

Reviewed on 4/04/2017 Jennifer T

Split Second Sound, and particularly our DJ's Jonah & Julian, were wonderful! They made the day- of effortless for me and my new husband. It was so helpful having them there to maintain the flow of the night and provide awesome entertainment! I have absolutely no complaints and... Read More would recommend this company to all soon-to-be brides! PS: thanks for Rick-rolling at our reception! :)

Reviewed on 3/27/2017 Lindsay L

We worked with Joey at SSS. He was phenomenal. We met up early on before our wedding, and immediately felt at ease. The moment the dance floor opened up at our wedding, people were out there - we could not have asked for a better experience!

Reviewed on 3/19/2017 Abbey N

Split Second Sound was easily one of our favorite wedding vendors. They were professional in every encounter that we had with them and beyond accommodating. We hired the company's owner, Vinny Esposito, as our wedding DJ, and are so happy that we did. Vinny's energy and... Read More positivity is unparalleled; he kept the party going throughout the evening and everything flowed seamlessly! Leading up to our big day, he was extremely helpful in laying out the sequence and timing of events. Vinny is a true professional and it's obvious that he loves what he does. I can't recommend him and Split Second Sound enough if you're looking for a fun and energetic DJ!

Reviewed on 3/07/2017 Sarah D

We had heard great things about Split Second Sound but what we had heard didn't do them justice. Jonathan K was our DJ and he was fantastic. He met with us several times prior to our wedding and helped to coordinate with our wedding planner to make sure that our wedding ran... Read More smoothly. Not only did our wedding run smoothly but everyone had a great time. The music was on point and a good variety. My guests raved about the music and loved that Jonathan went around to every table and got music requests. I would recommend SSS and Jonathan K to anybody!

Reviewed on 2/26/2017 Katie S

My now-wife and I hired Spilt Second sound to DJ our February wedding. Right from our first contact with the company, we knew we had made the right choice. Split Second always showed the perfect amount of professionalism while still being friendly and making us feel totally... Read More comfortable. Since we didn't pick a specific DJ, we were set up with Jonah and we couldn't have been happier. He was always available whether by meeting or email to answer any questions and ensure that everything was exactly how we wanted it on our big day - and boy, was it! Jonah and his colleague Christopher brought the party. Taking the time to chat with guests during dinner really helped them read the room and make sure that they played the right songs during the reception to get everyone dancing. Honestly the only bad thing I can say about Jonah and Split Second is that people won't shut up about how much fun they had at our wedding! Thanks again, Jonah!

Reviewed on 2/21/2017 Jenna G

We couldn't have been happier with Split Second Sound, specifically Derek, as the DJ for our wedding! The whole team had excellent communication from day 1, putting my mind at ease that nothing would slip through the cracks. We spoke with our DJ, Derek, twice before the wedding.... Read More It was so nice getting to know him prior to the big day and he took the time to really get to know us, what we like/dislike, and the vision we saw for our reception. He also took the time during cocktail hour and dinner to get to know our guests as well, getting a good feel for the crowd. This all made for a perfect reception for us!! Derek and Split Second Sound were fantastic to work with and I highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 2/17/2017 Jordan H

Loved this company!! They did such a great job creating exactly the right style for us! They don't just have a playlist that they use for every wedding. We had DJ Chad and he was wonderful. So nice! He met with us beforehand and got an idea of the flow of the reception and... Read More exactly the type of music we wanted, how much we wanted him to participate, etc. and he totally delivered. Best DJ I've seen at a wedding and it was mine! I was impressed!

Reviewed on 2/15/2017 Hannah M

Split second sound and in particular Joey, the MC / DJ was beyond one of the best choices I made for my wedding! I know that I may be one of the few brides who can truly say my wedding went off without a hitch! It was absolutely amazing and a huge part of the success of my... Read More wedding was due to Joey and split second sound! His kindness and generosity was completely unexpected and over the top! He did not just play music at my wedding, he interacted with every one of my family members and guest and to this day; a month later, everyone is still talking about how kind and amazing and thoughtful he was! He wanted every single person at my wedding to have a good time! He made sure that every person was engaged and having fun! He was one of the best decisions I could have made! I would recommend him to anyone! If there was a way to give him 100 stars, I would! Thank you Joey and split second sound for making my day as magical as I ever dreamed!

Reviewed on 2/03/2017 Ashley G

DJ Jonah and assistant Daziah MADE my wedding! They were so professional and had a plan for the reception down to the minute which kept us on track. Jonah was enthusiastic to work with my husband and I and really worked hard to create an unforgettable experience. They were also... Read More amazing at including everyone on the dance floor. We were concerned that no one would want to dance, but the floor was packed all night! I would recommend SSS to anyone looking for a good time. I LOVE JONAH!!!!

Reviewed on 1/31/2017 Michail S

We had guests asking us about our DJ from the moment our cocktail hour music began. Everyone was very impressed with the song choices and also loved the fact that Jonny walked around to take special requests. Jonny was great to work with from my perspective as well. We talked... Read More with each other over the phone prior to the wedding and discussed music ideas for each stage of the wedding. I even sent a few song choice changes the day before the wedding and he had everything in order and ready to go. He cued up each song at the perfect time and was really able to read the crowd to keep them out on the dance floor. And that dance floor was hoppin' the entire time. Jonny - thank you so much for keeping the party going. There wasn't a dull moment the entire night! - Michail & Wade

Reviewed on 1/28/2017 Flavia B

Joey and Giovanni were amazing! It was a pleasure working with them through the entire planning process. They really helped coordinate with everyone and keep things on track. I would definitely use them again for a future event.

Reviewed on 1/17/2017 Meredith F

From inquiry to party time, Split Second Sound was the most excellent choice for our big day. Vinny provided great comfort and expertise from the initial setup and everyone at the office was super responsive to emails and any questions we had. DJ Jonah truly made our wedding a... Read More success with his assistance from the officiant sound for ceremony, appropriate and fun selections for cocktail and dinner music, then he 100% fulfilled our wishes for the reception atmosphere and tunes. Jonah even braced the winter weather in Charlotte on Jan. 7, 2017 to get to the venue when a lot of our family wasn't able to make it. We are so thankful for his patience while we worked out the event timeline. His understanding of what is needed and when is remarkable. My husband and I are both professional musicians, so we had an extremely selective Must Playlist and Do Not Playlist and Jonah was very receptive, listened and delivered on every request and then some. Our wedding was only around 50 people, but made it feel like the biggest party ever! He wasn't cheesy and that was our main issue with most DJ companies. Needless to say, our standards were high and this company and especially Jonah surpassed all of our wishes! Thank you to Vinny, Jonah, and the whole Split Second team for providing a flawless and unforgettable experience!

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 Whitney C

We hired Split Second Sound to perform the music at our ceremony for our December 17th wedding. We were having trouble finding live musicians to play outside so I reached out to the team at SSS. They were very professional and open minded to what we wanted for our ceremony. They... Read More put me at ease throughout the process. Our DJ arrived early, set up out of sight from the photographers, and was extremely professional. I was also so grateful that they were able to provide a "ceremony only" service as we already had a band hired for the reception. I would recommend them for any and all of your event needs!

Reviewed on 1/08/2017 Kristin W

Jonah at Split Second Sound single-handedly made our reception more fun than we could have imagined. He had everyone, young and old, on the dance floor the entire night. Split Second Sound is a step above the rest. Their professionalism is second to none and they were super... Read More accommodating, meeting us after work hours. Jonah even met us at a coffee shop near our house for convenience. I highly recommend this group of professionals.

Reviewed on 1/06/2017

I planned my event at the last minute and Split Second Sound was able to make adjustments and accommodate my event. The staff is very responsive and a pleasure to work with. The DJ was over the top! He played the exact style of music that was requested. When I was on the... Read More dance floor, he played my list of songs each time. Derek was awesome! I will definitely use Slit Second Sound again and specifically request Derek! He knows how to provide a true dance party!

Vinny & Diane Esposito

Vinny and Diane moved to Charlotte in 1999 and quickly established their company as the premier DJ company in the area writing a record breaking 1032 events in 2016 (465 being weddings) . Starting with 3 DJs on staff entertaining 40 events in 2002, Split now employs over 45 of the most talented MC/DJ Entertainers in the business. Split Second Sound embodies family and values. All of our DJ’s are a part of a family team as several exclusive DJ’s have been with SSS for up to 15 years.