Stafford's Perry Hotel

Petoskey, MI

Book Your Wedding with Stafford's Perry Hotel

A BEACH IN PETOSKEY, MI

Dating back to 1899, Stafford’s Perry Hotel is one of the original luxury hotels built in Petoskey, Michigan. As a matter of fact, out of the 20 hotels that were built in that era, Stafford’s Perry Hotel is the only one still in operation. The venue sits high atop a bluff and offers a bride and groom historical grandeur with all of today’s modern amenities. The blissful couple and their wedding guests can enjoy taking in all of the dining and shopping that the Petoskey Gaslight District has to offer. The hotel has 80 guest rooms to accommodate the wedding party, with some including balconies that overlook Little Traverse Bay. As for the venue itself, Stafford’s Perry Hotel has the facilities for both indoor and outdoor wedding festivities.

H.O. Rose Room. The view of the Little Traverse Bay from this room will have wedding guests dropping their jaws in awe. The room can be used in conjunction with the Lewis Street Porch and the bar located in the lobby. The elegantly decorated room can seat 250 wedding guests comfortably, with room left to dance the night away on a 24-foot by 25-foot dance floor.

Reycraft Room. Located just off the main lobby, the Reycraft Room is detailed with antique chandeliers, pillars and a feel of the turn of the century. The room can accommodate up to 150 guests and is surrounded by windows for guests to enjoy the scenic view.

Lewis Street Porch. This outdoor area is available for quaint wedding parties and offers a semi-private space for a social hour or for getting some fresh air. For a small reception or ceremony, the area can seat up to 65 guests.

Rose Garden Veranda. This beautiful outdoor space can be accessed for a private or semi-private ceremony and reception. The rental of this space includes the use of the conservatory and tenting. With only the conservatory space, the couple can host about 100 guests; however, with the tented area and conservatory, about 400 guests can be seated.

Stafford’s Perry Hotel offers a couple an all-inclusive wedding package that includes the ceremony, reception dinner, lodging and pre- and post-wedding dinners. Each event space has its own fees, with some being based upon the number of expected guests. A full-service caterer provides a quality menu and works with the couple to structure the cuisine they prefer.

By completing the wedding planner form located on the venue’s website, the bride and groom are able to provide the details for the wedding of their dreams and an event planner gets started working behind the scenes to deliver a wedding day dream come true.

This historic wedding venues offers the happy couple the following extra perks to go along with everything else:

• "Value Season Weddings", offering a variety of discounts for renting the venue during off-peak months
  • The entire Bay View Inn can be reserved for exclusive events

Stafford's Perry Hotel - Petoskey

Welcome to Stafford's Perry Hotel. Capture the grace and romance of a bygone era with a wedding overlooking Little Traverse Bay. Indoor and outdoor event space with full-service catering and creative dining options. Our on-site planners stand ready to make your wedding a truly landmark event.

Waterfront, Garden, Library, Historic Venue, Hotel, Tented

Dec9f43f 97e4 40b7 87a9 9d17ceef4785~rs 100

100 Lewis St, Petoskey, MI (800) 737-1899

Long distance March 2014 Wedding

Reviewed on 4/06/2014 Miriam G

My husband and I planned our winter wedding while we were living in Alaska and then Washington. Half the time we were planning our wedding I was working nights in the arctic yet the Perry still made everything so easy that everything went well the night of our wedding. We had... Read More guests travelling from Colorado, Massachusetts, Illinois, Texas, South Carolina, Maryland, and probably a few other places I'm forgetting. It was also in March in the midst of the 12+ feet of snow Michigan had that winter. We could not have done it without Lauren and Debbie's help. The Perry was incredibly accommodating and made long distance planning much easier. One of my uncle's had Down's syndrome and he traveled with my parents to the wedding. the Perry's staff made his stay exciting and comfortable for him as well as alleviating my parent's stress. The day after the wedding, I overheard the bartenders calling him over by name just to ask how his stay was and see if he had a good time. The Perry's staff made everyone feel special and went above and beyond to help out. The food was all wonderful, everything from our guests breakfast every morning, to the food the night of the wedding, and the breakfast we had the morning after. The Perry opened our room up for us a day in advance just so I could hang my wedding dress there after I had it steamed (it flew across country in a space bag). They also coordinated with all our vendors so we had even less to worry about. Speaking of vendors, I'd highly recommend going with the Perry's list of vendors, they chose very wisely. Their prices were very reasonable for everything that was included. We obviously got married in the budget off wedding season which was further helpful. In addition, getting married in the off season meant the whole weekend felt like our special weekend, the front desk had decorations that said, "Miriam and Travis" up the whole time. We have received many compliments from our family and friends and are so glad we had our wedding at the Perry.

Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 2/03/2014

When I told people I was getting married during winter in Northern Michigan they though I was crazy! Stafford's Perry Hotel provided the perfect environment for a winter wedding, it was beautiful and more than I ever could have imagined. The staff was amazing, the venue... Read More gorgeous, the food was to die for and the staff beyond accommodating. The majority of my wedding guests had to travel four hours in the snow to attend my wedding and every single one has told me it was the best wedding they've ever been to!

Not one complaint

Reviewed on 11/03/2013 Nikki W

From the first day we went to visit the Perry and it was rainy and 40 degrees, but the view was still breath-taking and the staff very accommodating, we knew this was the place for us. Throughout the planning process, even from long distance on the other side of the state,... Read More Lauren and the rest of the Perry staff knew what they were doing. She was so supportive and helpful through every small and big decision. If you are interested in a Northern MI wedding, and want a beautiful view, great food, wonderful staff, and an accommodating hotel all in one, the Perry is the answer. It has the perfect combination of a small town hotel with the ability to accommodate all of your family and friends. Having our wedding reception at the Perry was worth every penny and we cannot say thank you enough to them for allowing us to have the best wedding ever!

Reviewed on 12/07/2017 Kelley S

The Perry Hotel was absolutely perfect in every way! Tracy and the entire team at the Perry was incredible to work with from start to finish. We couldn't have dreamed of a more perfect weekend. Tracy's hard work, dedication, and support was evident throughout the entire... Read More planning process. His day of coordination was unbelievable and absolute perfection. The entire event was flawless!! I could never thank the team at the Perry enough for making our wedding weekend so incredible.

Reviewed on 11/13/2017 Marie A

Words cannot express how amazing the staff at the Perry were throughout our wedding weekend. Of course the venue itself is gorgeous, but what really made our wedding perfect was the seamless hard work and organization from the Perry staff, and of course the help of Angie, Debbie... Read More and Tracy leading up to our special day, and Angie’s amazing day of coordination. She had every detail covered and made sure everything went super smoothly, I hardly had to think about a thing all weekend. We have had nothing but positive comments from all of our guests about how smooth the day went! Almost every single comment was about how beautiful the day was and how impressed they were with the venue, food, and overall ambiance throughout the entire event. Not only was the staff amazing at helping with set up, take down, and everything inbetween, but the entire weekend we were there we felt like we were the main focus of the entire Perry staff. It speaks volumes to have every staff member aware of our presence as the bride and groom and to be completely catered to as such, everything was so personal and welcoming! The servers and bartenders were also amazing. We had plenty of guests comment on how fast yet conversational the bartenders were, they were so quick there was almost never a line and every guest left the bar feeling well tended to quickly and politely. Angie was also more than helpful post wedding with some billing issues and got things cleared up within 24 hours. Again, I cannot express how big a role the entire Perry staff played in creating our beautiful, dream wedding weekend. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Brittany V

Our experience with Stafford's Perry Hotel was absolutely incredible. As a bride and groom who wanted a semi-destination wedding but also needed a venue that could accommodate our very busy schedules was hard to find. We had our wedding on October 21, 2017 at The Perry with... Read More about 120 guests. Our ceremony was on the Rose Garden Veranda and our reception was held in the H.O. Rose Room. From start to finish Tracy and Debbie were an incredible team to work with. They kept you on track me on track as far as deadlines and answered countless questions leading up to our day. As a meticulously organized planner, my meeting with Tracy put all of my worries to at ease the week of. The level of customer service they provided was above and beyond my expectations. Tracy and team flawlessly took my months of planning and decorations and truly made it come to life. The cadence of the day of events was so smooth and they were there every step of the way. They took absolutely all of the stress off of the bride so I could relax and enjoy the day. When we left to take sunset photos on our balcony and food was being served, Tracy made sure we got fresh plated food when we returned. There's also much to be said about the food and wait staff. The food was incredible and we received countless compliments from our guests. The wait staff were also extremely polite and their service was exceptional. The garden where our ceremony was held is gorgeous and the water makes for a picturesque background. The staff here truly takes care of you, the venue itself is gorgeous and the food amazing. There is nothing more we could have asked for to make our wedding perfect. Tracy and all of those at The Perry truly deserve five stars and we can't wait to return for visits and anniversaries to come.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Lori K

Without hesitation I can recommend the Perry Hotel as the most perfect wedding venue. The views are spectacular and the employees are beyond amazing. We were confident every step of the way in the capable hands of Angie and Tracy. We were blown away and so were our guests.... Read More Words cannot express our gratitude to the Perry Hotel for helping to create a perfect day. We made friends in the process and will return to the Perry again and again.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Shaun C

We love the Perry Hotel! It was better than we could have imagined, and made our wedding day perfect. 3 months later we are still getting compliments from our friends and family about what a beautiful and unique venue it was. Watching the sunset from the rose garden with my wife... Read More was a highlight of the day. The staff was amazing and really put us at ease, we knew from day 1 we were in great hands, they thought of everything. We loved being able to walk everywhere from the hotel, we loved working with the staff, and we loved how our day turned out. We couldn't have asked for more. We highly, highly recommend the Perry Hotel.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Kevin F

I cannot say enough good things about the venue or the staff at the Perry. The food was amazing, the venue was beautiful, and the staff made the whole process stress free. The compliments from all of our guests keep coming in, telling us how beautiful the wedding was,... Read More especially the venue. At the end of the day, they took care of everything during the wedding, including coordinating the ceremony and the reception. I cannot imagine having a wedding anywhere else. We will definitely be visiting again for may anniversaries in future. If you are looking for a beautiful venue, great service, and a fun atmosphere (who doesn't like Petoskey), then the Perry is the only choice in my opinion. Thank you so much for making our special day the best experience possible.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Amy G

We held our wedding here the first weekend in October and it couldn't have been more perfect. The on-site wedding staff are awesome and they go above and beyond to make sure there aren't any issues (or if there are, the B&G don't know!). Our photos are amazing thanks to the... Read More beautiful venue and stunning views of Lake Michigan. If you want your wedding to be a fun atmosphere, great food, and beautiful views, do yourself a favor and book the Perry.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Kelly B

Our Wedding was amazing...along with the views! Tracey was our coordinator and was so great to work with. We received so many compliments on service, staff and food from our guests. We can't say enough about The Perry, great choice for a wedding!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Andi O

Cannot say enough good things about the staff and service at the Perry. Every detail was taken care of -- and gorgeous. The view, the food, the decor, the flowers, the space itself ... everything was exactly what we wanted. The Perry has select packages available, but they are... Read More more than willing to work with you to tailor food/drink/linen and venue offerings to suit your needs. The staff made sure that every guest was accommodated; including unique meal requests, seating changes for elderly folks and shaded areas during cocktail hour on a hot day. And Tracy (wedding coordinator from the Perry) was absolutely incredible: took great care of us on the day-of. After our experience with Tracy, the one thing we'll always recommend to engaged couple is a COMPETENT WEDDING PLANNER. Tracy is the benchmark against which all else will be measured. We'll always look back on our wedding fondly, mostly because we got to enjoy the day and not fuss over the details.

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Emily K

Choosing a wedding venue was one of the most difficult aspects of our wedding planning, but choosing the Perry Hotel was a dream come true. The staff at the Perry is... there are no words. Exceptional, above and beyond, knowledgeable, joyful... none of these quite capture it.... Read More Angie and Tracy are spectacular and working with them was a delight. I was constantly amazed at how well they kept track of our wedding details (better than I did!). Their insight was always spot-on, and their kindness and passion for what they do make them a dream team. The venue itself (we were married in the Rose Garden Veranda) - there's nothing like it. Breathtaking. We had a beautiful day and watching the sunset was an absolute highlight (it's fun to scroll through facebook, so many of our guest's profile pictures are in front of 'our' wedding sunset). Being able to have our guests stay at the Perry (which itself is an adorable/amazing hotel) and walk everywhere was absolutely perfect. My family rented the Perry house, which gave us more space and made for incredible getting-ready photos. We fell in love with Petoskey and with the Perry Hotel. I promise if you see the Rose Garden Veranda on a sunny day, you won't choose any other wedding venue. I also promise it will more than live up to your expectations of your wedding day!

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Andrea P

I highly recommend The Perry! Having moved from Michigan to Philadelphia, I was forced to plan my wedding long distance. The Perry team did an amazing job working around this hurdle. They were extremely responsive, efficient, and timely with their communications. The day... Read More before our wedding, they sat down with us and went over every detail to ensure the day went exactly as we hoped. They provide an amazing day-of coordinator, who did a perfect job keeping things moving and making sure we actually sat down to eat! We had so many compliments about our venue and I had been dreaming of having our reception here for years. It truly was a dream come true!

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Brittany H

The Perry was the PERFECT place to host our summer wedding. Tracy Thompson, the wedding coordinator at the Perry was absolutely awesome and although we had a few minor hiccups he did everything in his power to make our day absolutely perfect. We had our reception and ceremony... Read More in the Rose Garden Veranda and if we did it all over again we wouldn't change a thing!

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Jane H

Our daughter and son-in-law were married the end of July 2017 at the Perry with cocktail hour in the Rose Dining Room then we traveled down to the Rose Veranda for an outdoor reception under the tent. This was the most beautiful and perfect venue! We worked all year with the... Read More excellent staff from the Perry including Angie, Tracy, Debbie and Reg. They were so accommodating and gracious, bending over backward to make sure the evening went off without a hitch, and that it did. They really know what they are doing! Any time we had a question, they replied immediately and worked to reassure us it would go well. They were willing to try new ways of setting up for us and the band which worked great. We did not have to worry about one thing all evening thanks to Angie and Tracy. The view from the veranda is exquisite, every guest commented on how gorgeous it all was. There are not enough words to say how happy we were and to thank the entire Perry staff for a tremendous event.

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Lindsay M

The Perry Hotel more than exceeded our expectations! Evan Chestnutt was our contact. Her professionalism and attentiveness made us feel thoroughly taken care of leading up to the wedding and the day of. The Perry Hotel went above and beyond to help us create the vision of our... Read More wedding. Our reception was held in their colorful and lush gardens with Lake Michigan as the backdrop. The incredible sunset view was a stunning highlight. Guests were thrilled with the accommodations and hospitality of the hotel staff. We can't wait to go back to visit for anniversaries to come!

Reviewed on 12/08/2016 Bre M

Stafford's Perry made our wedding a dream come true. We had our ceremony and reception in the Reycraft and H.O. Rose Dining Room. Our guests raved about the hotel, the view, and friendliness of staff. They are all so generous and hard working. Debbie, Even and Audrey took great... Read More care in putting everything together, down to the small details. The Perry is such a timeless, classic place with a great view! It was such a perfect wedding day all around!

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Tricia F

To any bride-to-be reading this and considering Stafford's Perry for your wedding: You NEED to have your wedding here. They are unbelievable. Our late-October wedding was a beautiful day thanks to the sales department. Beginning on day one, Angie W was so incredibly helpful when... Read More we did our tour. We actually toured Bay View Inn initially, and mentioned to Angie we might stop at the Perry too and take a look around; she did not hesitate to drive over to the Perry and give us a tour there, as well. She answered tons of questions and gave us great information from the get-go. Angela and Debbie answered many emails for us throughout the following 6-7 months and were not difficult to contact. They responded fairly quickly during wedding season, which we appreciated. We made welcome bags for our guests and the hotel staff were happy to deliver these to rooms for us, even when we had certain ones going to certain people. Day of, the girls rented the business room to get ready, which I highly suggest doing. It is right near the door to the veranda, so it was convenient to keep things in there and have hair/makeup done in there. We had our ceremony on the Rose Garden Veranda, which is wonderful because the conservatory is heated (we were comfortable in 50s-ish weather) and it also has sides that drop to keep rain out and keep warmth in. The view of the breakwater and the lake cannot be beat. One HUGE perk about booking with the Perry is that they set up and tear down for you. We delivered our centerpieces to their office a couple days before and they had everything set up beautifully when we got to the reception. It was really nice to not have to worry about decorating the days before the wedding and also nice to not have to stay after the wedding and put everything away. Audrey was a truly amazing day-of coordinator. She's very direct but also friendly - she is extremely professional but also will make you feel comfortable. As a bride, it was great to have her there and to know that there was someone else in charge of this thing besides YOU! Our wedding ran extremely smoothly, was extremely fun, and was a beautiful event thanks to these ladies and the Perry. The staff had our names spelled out in blocks at the front desk during our wedding weekend, they had info about our wedding posted in the elevators for guests, they even left us a beautiful gift in our hotel room the night of our wedding. We booked almost all of our vendors from the preferred vendor list provided by the Perry and those vendors were incredible as well. I could never thank these ladies enough for the beautiful wedding they helped create and I love them for it!!!

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Natalie S

Stafford's was simply the best. We had our wedding in October and couldn't have asked for a better venue or support staff. The food was phenomenal, the correspondence between us and the staff was quick, easy, and they were always polite. We planned our wedding in less than 5... Read More months, so that was important. Our day-of coordinator made sure our day went exactly how we were hoping for- she was invaluable. Did I mention the food?!! Can't over emphasize how wonderful it was. It was also great because of our date, we got to use the value season menu, which saved a lot of money. Beautiful views, awesome hotel, great staff. Would do it again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Connie L

This is the perfect venue! We were married in late June at The Perry. Both our ceremony and reception were held in the rose garden and it was stunning. Not only are the views and sunsets breathtaking, the entire Perry staff was helpful and attentive from the time of booking... Read More until we checked out after the wedding. I wouldn't change anything about our wedding day or our experience with this team. Stafford's knows how to take care of their guests. We highly recommend this venue and team!

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Courtney C

I cannot even put into words how amazing my day went all thanks to the wonderful team at the Perry! Evan and her squad had every last minute planned out and made sure everything went smoothly. The ceremony, reception, setting EVERYTHING was simply perfect and the guests even... Read More picked up on it. Thank you again, the Perry hotel will always be a place we will visit!!

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Samantha D

Stafford's Perry Hotel located in Petoskey, MI was nothing short of absolutely amazing for our wedding venue. We had both our wedding and reception on the Rose Garden Veranda and it was the most beautiful day I could ever imagine. We had about 220 people outdoors. The staff was... Read More incredible - friendly, helpful, and knew exactly what they were doing. I can not say enough great things about this place. The food was awesome, the view is unreal, and I would highly recommend if you are looking for the best of the best!

Reviewed on 8/21/2016 Maegan C

Simply put, this is the best wedding location in Northern Michigan. Between the location, the views, the staff, the food, the bar service, everything--it cannot be beat. Picking the Perry Hotel, specifically the Rose Garden Veranda, for our wedding day was the best decision we... Read More could have made. Our day went off without a hitch and all of the staff--especially Evan, Audrey, and Angie--are absolute professionals and helped make our day perfect. They are so organized and helped with every little detail we had questions about. There was another wedding happening inside the hotel at the same time as ours, and as promised by the Coordinators, we would never know they were there--and we didn't! There was no mixing of groups or issues with people going to the wrong area of the hotel (it helps with one being inside and the other being outside). Family and friends are still raving about how wonderful the Perry Hotel was to have a wedding and we can't argue--it's the best!!

Reviewed on 7/20/2016 Jackie C

I cannot speak highly enough of this venue and the incredible team. I could go on for hours about all of the things that were wonderful, but I think it is summed up more in the simple fact that our day went off without a hitch. Evan was absolutely the best person I could have... Read More imagined on our wedding day - she was everywhere all the time making sure people had what they needed, that the vendors were all set, and that we were fed and happy. The planning was a breeze with Evan's organization, and the day of was absolutely everything we could have ever imagined and more. The venue is stunning, the team is amazing, and I would have changed nothing about our day. All of our guests commented on how gorgeous the venue was, how amazing the food tasted, and how delightful the team at The Perry was. When I started the planning process I knew our vendors would be critical to helping us plan a great event. What I didn't realize was what a big part they are of your day on the day of the wedding. You want to make sure to pick someone who has got you covered and will also be enjoyable to be around! You'll get all that and so much more with The Perry.