Stafford's Perry Hotel

Petoskey, MI

Book Your Wedding with Stafford's Perry Hotel

A BEACH IN PETOSKEY, MI

Dating back to 1899, Stafford’s Perry Hotel is one of the original luxury hotels built in Petoskey, Michigan. As a matter of fact, out of the 20 hotels that were built in that era, Stafford’s Perry Hotel is the only one still in operation. The venue sits high atop a bluff and offers a bride and groom historical grandeur with all of today’s modern amenities. The blissful couple and their wedding guests can enjoy taking in all of the dining and shopping that the Petoskey Gaslight District has to offer. The hotel has 80 guest rooms to accommodate the wedding party, with some including balconies that overlook Little Traverse Bay. As for the venue itself, Stafford’s Perry Hotel has the facilities for both indoor and outdoor wedding festivities.

H.O. Rose Room. The view of the Little Traverse Bay from this room will have wedding guests dropping their jaws in awe. The room can be used in conjunction with the Lewis Street Porch and the bar located in the lobby. The elegantly decorated room can seat 250 wedding guests comfortably, with room left to dance the night away on a 24-foot by 25-foot dance floor.

Reycraft Room. Located just off the main lobby, the Reycraft Room is detailed with antique chandeliers, pillars and a feel of the turn of the century. The room can accommodate up to 150 guests and is surrounded by windows for guests to enjoy the scenic view.

Lewis Street Porch. This outdoor area is available for quaint wedding parties and offers a semi-private space for a social hour or for getting some fresh air. For a small reception or ceremony, the area can seat up to 65 guests.

Rose Garden Veranda. This beautiful outdoor space can be accessed for a private or semi-private ceremony and reception. The rental of this space includes the use of the conservatory and tenting. With only the conservatory space, the couple can host about 100 guests; however, with the tented area and conservatory, about 400 guests can be seated.

Stafford’s Perry Hotel offers a couple an all-inclusive wedding package that includes the ceremony, reception dinner, lodging and pre- and post-wedding dinners. Each event space has its own fees, with some being based upon the number of expected guests. A full-service caterer provides a quality menu and works with the couple to structure the cuisine they prefer.

By completing the wedding planner form located on the venue’s website, the bride and groom are able to provide the details for the wedding of their dreams and an event planner gets started working behind the scenes to deliver a wedding day dream come true.

This historic wedding venues offers the happy couple the following extra perks to go along with everything else:

• "Value Season Weddings", offering a variety of discounts for renting the venue during off-peak months
  • The entire Bay View Inn can be reserved for exclusive events

Stafford's Perry Hotel - Petoskey

Welcome to Stafford's Perry Hotel. Capture the grace and romance of a bygone era with a wedding overlooking Little Traverse Bay. Indoor and outdoor event space with full-service catering and creative dining options. Our on-site planners stand ready to make your wedding a truly landmark event.

Waterfront, Garden, Library, Historic Venue, Hotel, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

100 Lewis St, Petoskey, MI (800) 737-1899

Long distance March 2014 Wedding

Reviewed on 4/06/2014 Miriam G

My husband and I planned our winter wedding while we were living in Alaska and then Washington. Half the time we were planning our wedding I was working nights in the arctic yet the Perry still made everything so easy that everything went well the night of our wedding. We had... Read More guests travelling from Colorado, Massachusetts, Illinois, Texas, South Carolina, Maryland, and probably a few other places I'm forgetting. It was also in March in the midst of the 12+ feet of snow Michigan had that winter. We could not have done it without Lauren and Debbie's help. The Perry was incredibly accommodating and made long distance planning much easier. One of my uncle's had Down's syndrome and he traveled with my parents to the wedding. the Perry's staff made his stay exciting and comfortable for him as well as alleviating my parent's stress. The day after the wedding, I overheard the bartenders calling him over by name just to ask how his stay was and see if he had a good time. The Perry's staff made everyone feel special and went above and beyond to help out. The food was all wonderful, everything from our guests breakfast every morning, to the food the night of the wedding, and the breakfast we had the morning after. The Perry opened our room up for us a day in advance just so I could hang my wedding dress there after I had it steamed (it flew across country in a space bag). They also coordinated with all our vendors so we had even less to worry about. Speaking of vendors, I'd highly recommend going with the Perry's list of vendors, they chose very wisely. Their prices were very reasonable for everything that was included. We obviously got married in the budget off wedding season which was further helpful. In addition, getting married in the off season meant the whole weekend felt like our special weekend, the front desk had decorations that said, "Miriam and Travis" up the whole time. We have received many compliments from our family and friends and are so glad we had our wedding at the Perry.

Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 2/03/2014

When I told people I was getting married during winter in Northern Michigan they though I was crazy! Stafford's Perry Hotel provided the perfect environment for a winter wedding, it was beautiful and more than I ever could have imagined. The staff was amazing, the venue... Read More gorgeous, the food was to die for and the staff beyond accommodating. The majority of my wedding guests had to travel four hours in the snow to attend my wedding and every single one has told me it was the best wedding they've ever been to!

Not one complaint

Reviewed on 11/03/2013 Nikki W

From the first day we went to visit the Perry and it was rainy and 40 degrees, but the view was still breath-taking and the staff very accommodating, we knew this was the place for us. Throughout the planning process, even from long distance on the other side of the state,... Read More Lauren and the rest of the Perry staff knew what they were doing. She was so supportive and helpful through every small and big decision. If you are interested in a Northern MI wedding, and want a beautiful view, great food, wonderful staff, and an accommodating hotel all in one, the Perry is the answer. It has the perfect combination of a small town hotel with the ability to accommodate all of your family and friends. Having our wedding reception at the Perry was worth every penny and we cannot say thank you enough to them for allowing us to have the best wedding ever!

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Emily K

Choosing a wedding venue was one of the most difficult aspects of our wedding planning, but choosing the Perry Hotel was a dream come true. The staff at the Perry is... there are no words. Exceptional, above and beyond, knowledgeable, joyful... none of these quite capture it.... Read More Angie and Tracy are spectacular and working with them was a delight. I was constantly amazed at how well they kept track of our wedding details (better than I did!). Their insight was always spot-on, and their kindness and passion for what they do make them a dream team. The venue itself (we were married in the Rose Garden Veranda) - there's nothing like it. Breathtaking. We had a beautiful day and watching the sunset was an absolute highlight (it's fun to scroll through facebook, so many of our guest's profile pictures are in front of 'our' wedding sunset). Being able to have our guests stay at the Perry (which itself is an adorable/amazing hotel) and walk everywhere was absolutely perfect. My family rented the Perry house, which gave us more space and made for incredible getting-ready photos. We fell in love with Petoskey and with the Perry Hotel. I promise if you see the Rose Garden Veranda on a sunny day, you won't choose any other wedding venue. I also promise it will more than live up to your expectations of your wedding day!

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Andrea P

I highly recommend The Perry! Having moved from Michigan to Philadelphia, I was forced to plan my wedding long distance. The Perry team did an amazing job working around this hurdle. They were extremely responsive, efficient, and timely with their communications. The day... Read More before our wedding, they sat down with us and went over every detail to ensure the day went exactly as we hoped. They provide an amazing day-of coordinator, who did a perfect job keeping things moving and making sure we actually sat down to eat! We had so many compliments about our venue and I had been dreaming of having our reception here for years. It truly was a dream come true!

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Brittany H

The Perry was the PERFECT place to host our summer wedding. Tracy Thompson, the wedding coordinator at the Perry was absolutely awesome and although we had a few minor hiccups he did everything in his power to make our day absolutely perfect. We had our reception and ceremony... Read More in the Rose Garden Veranda and if we did it all over again we wouldn't change a thing!

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Jane H

Our daughter and son-in-law were married the end of July 2017 at the Perry with cocktail hour in the Rose Dining Room then we traveled down to the Rose Veranda for an outdoor reception under the tent. This was the most beautiful and perfect venue! We worked all year with the... Read More excellent staff from the Perry including Angie, Tracy, Debbie and Reg. They were so accommodating and gracious, bending over backward to make sure the evening went off without a hitch, and that it did. They really know what they are doing! Any time we had a question, they replied immediately and worked to reassure us it would go well. They were willing to try new ways of setting up for us and the band which worked great. We did not have to worry about one thing all evening thanks to Angie and Tracy. The view from the veranda is exquisite, every guest commented on how gorgeous it all was. There are not enough words to say how happy we were and to thank the entire Perry staff for a tremendous event.

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Lindsay M

The Perry Hotel more than exceeded our expectations! Evan Chestnutt was our contact. Her professionalism and attentiveness made us feel thoroughly taken care of leading up to the wedding and the day of. The Perry Hotel went above and beyond to help us create the vision of our... Read More wedding. Our reception was held in their colorful and lush gardens with Lake Michigan as the backdrop. The incredible sunset view was a stunning highlight. Guests were thrilled with the accommodations and hospitality of the hotel staff. We can't wait to go back to visit for anniversaries to come!

Reviewed on 12/08/2016 Bre M

Stafford's Perry made our wedding a dream come true. We had our ceremony and reception in the Reycraft and H.O. Rose Dining Room. Our guests raved about the hotel, the view, and friendliness of staff. They are all so generous and hard working. Debbie, Even and Audrey took great... Read More care in putting everything together, down to the small details. The Perry is such a timeless, classic place with a great view! It was such a perfect wedding day all around!

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Tricia F

To any bride-to-be reading this and considering Stafford's Perry for your wedding: You NEED to have your wedding here. They are unbelievable. Our late-October wedding was a beautiful day thanks to the sales department. Beginning on day one, Angie W was so incredibly helpful when... Read More we did our tour. We actually toured Bay View Inn initially, and mentioned to Angie we might stop at the Perry too and take a look around; she did not hesitate to drive over to the Perry and give us a tour there, as well. She answered tons of questions and gave us great information from the get-go. Angela and Debbie answered many emails for us throughout the following 6-7 months and were not difficult to contact. They responded fairly quickly during wedding season, which we appreciated. We made welcome bags for our guests and the hotel staff were happy to deliver these to rooms for us, even when we had certain ones going to certain people. Day of, the girls rented the business room to get ready, which I highly suggest doing. It is right near the door to the veranda, so it was convenient to keep things in there and have hair/makeup done in there. We had our ceremony on the Rose Garden Veranda, which is wonderful because the conservatory is heated (we were comfortable in 50s-ish weather) and it also has sides that drop to keep rain out and keep warmth in. The view of the breakwater and the lake cannot be beat. One HUGE perk about booking with the Perry is that they set up and tear down for you. We delivered our centerpieces to their office a couple days before and they had everything set up beautifully when we got to the reception. It was really nice to not have to worry about decorating the days before the wedding and also nice to not have to stay after the wedding and put everything away. Audrey was a truly amazing day-of coordinator. She's very direct but also friendly - she is extremely professional but also will make you feel comfortable. As a bride, it was great to have her there and to know that there was someone else in charge of this thing besides YOU! Our wedding ran extremely smoothly, was extremely fun, and was a beautiful event thanks to these ladies and the Perry. The staff had our names spelled out in blocks at the front desk during our wedding weekend, they had info about our wedding posted in the elevators for guests, they even left us a beautiful gift in our hotel room the night of our wedding. We booked almost all of our vendors from the preferred vendor list provided by the Perry and those vendors were incredible as well. I could never thank these ladies enough for the beautiful wedding they helped create and I love them for it!!!

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Natalie S

Stafford's was simply the best. We had our wedding in October and couldn't have asked for a better venue or support staff. The food was phenomenal, the correspondence between us and the staff was quick, easy, and they were always polite. We planned our wedding in less than 5... Read More months, so that was important. Our day-of coordinator made sure our day went exactly how we were hoping for- she was invaluable. Did I mention the food?!! Can't over emphasize how wonderful it was. It was also great because of our date, we got to use the value season menu, which saved a lot of money. Beautiful views, awesome hotel, great staff. Would do it again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Courtney C

I cannot even put into words how amazing my day went all thanks to the wonderful team at the Perry! Evan and her squad had every last minute planned out and made sure everything went smoothly. The ceremony, reception, setting EVERYTHING was simply perfect and the guests even... Read More picked up on it. Thank you again, the Perry hotel will always be a place we will visit!!

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Samantha D

Stafford's Perry Hotel located in Petoskey, MI was nothing short of absolutely amazing for our wedding venue. We had both our wedding and reception on the Rose Garden Veranda and it was the most beautiful day I could ever imagine. We had about 220 people outdoors. The staff was... Read More incredible - friendly, helpful, and knew exactly what they were doing. I can not say enough great things about this place. The food was awesome, the view is unreal, and I would highly recommend if you are looking for the best of the best!

Reviewed on 8/21/2016 Maegan C

Simply put, this is the best wedding location in Northern Michigan. Between the location, the views, the staff, the food, the bar service, everything--it cannot be beat. Picking the Perry Hotel, specifically the Rose Garden Veranda, for our wedding day was the best decision we... Read More could have made. Our day went off without a hitch and all of the staff--especially Evan, Audrey, and Angie--are absolute professionals and helped make our day perfect. They are so organized and helped with every little detail we had questions about. There was another wedding happening inside the hotel at the same time as ours, and as promised by the Coordinators, we would never know they were there--and we didn't! There was no mixing of groups or issues with people going to the wrong area of the hotel (it helps with one being inside and the other being outside). Family and friends are still raving about how wonderful the Perry Hotel was to have a wedding and we can't argue--it's the best!!

Reviewed on 7/20/2016 Jackie C

I cannot speak highly enough of this venue and the incredible team. I could go on for hours about all of the things that were wonderful, but I think it is summed up more in the simple fact that our day went off without a hitch. Evan was absolutely the best person I could have... Read More imagined on our wedding day - she was everywhere all the time making sure people had what they needed, that the vendors were all set, and that we were fed and happy. The planning was a breeze with Evan's organization, and the day of was absolutely everything we could have ever imagined and more. The venue is stunning, the team is amazing, and I would have changed nothing about our day. All of our guests commented on how gorgeous the venue was, how amazing the food tasted, and how delightful the team at The Perry was. When I started the planning process I knew our vendors would be critical to helping us plan a great event. What I didn't realize was what a big part they are of your day on the day of the wedding. You want to make sure to pick someone who has got you covered and will also be enjoyable to be around! You'll get all that and so much more with The Perry.

Reviewed on 5/12/2016

Our day was absolutely perfect! As many couples do when planning an "up north" wedding, we coordinated with the Perry planners 95% through emails. And I have to say, Evan and the rest of the Perry staff, were entirely accommodating and helpful without limitations. I am an... Read More organized person, to say the least, organized almost to annoyance. With every email, Evan not only responded shortly after, but gave me as many possible options in hopes of finding an answer to each of my questions. Not only was she helpful, but continuously corresponded with me in a friendly, warm way that never showed a bit of annoyance. Not to mention, the several times we did get a chance to correspond in person, she gave the best hugs!! The day of, every single staff member we came in contact with was friendly, welcoming and happy to help. Evan, completely took care of making sure the photographer, caterer, violinist, were all on time and where they needed to be, as well as, directed the groomsmen where to go so as not to run into me and my bridesmaids before the ceremony started. We had absolutely an amazing and wonderful day. The hotel was beautiful and our guests had such a fun time. I feel so lucky to look back and remember my day as fun and perfect as it was.

Reviewed on 12/19/2015 Angela K

Our Wedding was perfect and it was all due to the Perry and their wonderful staff. Angie and Debbie are great at with all the planning and Evan will coordinate and orchestrate your day perfectly. The Perry is beautiful inside and out. It has breathtaking views of the Bay and... Read More the grounds are perfect. The food was amazing, as good as any we have had while in Ann Arbor. Let's be honest, Wedding food is usually underwhelming at best. Ours was wonderful, and the staff was great from the servers to the bartenders. Ernest Hemingway loved the Perry, we loved the Perry and you will too!

Great Service

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 Clare C

Evan was our coordinator and she was amazing! We did half our planning out of state and the other half from down state and it was important we had good communication. The day of was perfect and she kept the photographer, band, and everything else on schedule and perfect.... Read More The only down side was we requested a few details for them to organize such as tent lighting that we paid for but was not done (we were reimbursed). We had everything on the Rose Garden (ceremony, cocktail, and reception) and it was very nice but the set up made it difficult for half the reception to hear speeches due to lack of satellite speaker. If you have it on the veranda with a large party, just make sure your band/DJ are aware of the 'L' set up. Overall, we were very happy and our day was perfect! Definitely suggest this as a venue to anyone!

Reviewed on 9/25/2015 Angela G

The staff at the Perry Hotel were incredible. Angie was always up to date with her email responses, up front with the packages and pricing, and overall a total riot to work with throughout the year! Anyone and everyone we talked to throughout the planning process either knew the... Read More answer to the question or knew how to find it out - and subsequently found it out very promptly! If we wanted to do something that had never been done before, it wasn't impossible - they figured out how to make it work. We got married the Friday of Labor Day weekend when the Perry had three other weddings to coordinate for the rest of the weekend. It even rained on our big day, and none of this even fazed them! They were so prepared, so excited for us, and kept things moving at the right pace. I honestly can't say enough wonderful things about these people and this venue. If I could do it all over again, I wouldn't change a thing - not even the rain! :)

Stafford's Perry Hotel

Reviewed on 8/13/2015 Kristina

Stafford's Perry Hotel was the perfect venue for my daughter's wedding reception! The view of Little Traverse Bay is beautiful. The staff was helpful, friendly and accommodating. We received so many compliments from our guests about the food, atmosphere and service. Debbie... Read More was so helpful during the planning process. Evan was fantastic the night of the reception. She was on top of everything! The night was magical!

Reviewed on 7/13/2015 Tully B

Fantastic experience! The staff was extremely helpful and understanding. Our wedding ran so smoothly and perfectly because of them. A great experience!

Reviewed on 7/06/2015 Liz D

The staff at the Perry Hotel made our wedding the most special day in our lives. They are prepared for everything that you can imagine for your wedding day. It is very hard to fit how amazing the Stafford's Perry Hotel is in just one review, But I highly recommend having a... Read More wedding ceremony and reception at this location. Not only will you have a stunning location but you will be treated with wonderful care and respect. Everything about our wedding was so amazing because of how smoothly everything was run.

Beautiful venue for a wedding

Reviewed on 12/14/2014 BobDan B

My wife and I were very happy with everything at the Perry. The event planner at the hotel, Lauren, was a big help getting everything planned and together with Carolyn made sure everything went smoothly on the big day. The servers were all very friendly and the food was great.... Read More We had our ceremony in the Reycraft Room and the reception in the Rose Dining Room and everything looked great. We got married in the offseason (November) so the prices were better than the busy summer months.

Stafford's Perry Hotel is the BEST!!!

Reviewed on 11/16/2014 Laura M

My husband and I picked out Stafford's Perry Hotel for its amazing views initially and then discovered how amazing their whole staff was in the process! Our wedding planning had to be done through e-mails and over the phone, since we are from the Detroit area. All of the ladies... Read More (Angie, Debbie, Lauren, Rachel) were my angels! They helped troubleshoot any bumps in the road throughout the planning process and a couple big bumps on the actual wedding day! Carolyn and her staff that run the dining room were exceptional also! We had prepared our centerpieces and decorations in advance. My sister and I had discussed the set up with Carolyn/Angie and the staff briefly and when I walked in and saw everything set up, I seriously had tears in my eyes because it was so beautiful! I couldn't have asked for anything more! I have nothing but high praise for all of the staff at Stafford's Perry Hotel. I would encourage anyone looking to have an up north wedding to use Stafford's Perry Hotel. If I had to choose and plan everything all over again, I would choose Stafford's Perry Hotel! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Beautiful venue and supportive staff

Reviewed on 11/13/2014 Maggie O

We got married in the rose garden and the venue was absolutely gorgeous. Guests raved about the garden and enjoyed the sunset after dinner. We were very happy with the atmosphere. Cocktail hour was a hit because we were able to choose two drinks that were served to the... Read More guests as they came back from the all guest porch picture. The food was very good and the serving staff was dependable, there were no issues during dinner. Lastly, the coordinators made the day itself smooth and stress free. This was especially impressive since we live in Wisconsin and had to do all of our planning via email. The one downside is that the Perry is very expensive for guests and definitely came in at the top of our budget. Make sure to crunch the numbers and dig into the details before deciding on this venue.